Speaker 1: It's night time with Dan Ray.
Speaker 2: I'm Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 3: All right, Welcome back everybody. As we head into the ten o'clock hour here, I will tell you that I want to talk and get your reaction to the decision by President Biden to pardon his son Hunter not only for the crimes for which he has been convicted, but in addition covers quite quite a time in office. Let me put it like that. We'll get to all of that, but before we do that, I just want to take a moment and ask you to think about we we like to end the year to Tonight is December second, It's the first Monday night in December, and we're the end of the new year. The end of the year is approaching, and I like to end my broadcast here and my last time on the air this year will be on Friday night, December twentieth, and so the last hour or so of the broadcast year, which will be either the ten to midnight time or the eleven to midnight time. We like to profile charities around the holiday season Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwans, whatever you're celebrating, and so if you're involved in a charity or you know of a charity that you would like to see highlighted here on Nightside. We do all of these interviews remotely. Doesn't have to be a big charity, can be a big charity, can be small charity. We're probably over the years. This will be our twelfth annual Nightside Charity Combine, and basically it's a showcase. That's why I call it a combine. It's just like the Football Combine in Indianapolis when all the great college football players show up in April before the draft and they they go through their paces. You get about three or four minutes to talk about what your charity does, what you might need. Some charities need some financial support, others need volunteers. Others just want to publicize the good work they do. So you want to get to us early. We're running a little bit late on this this year, so you can do a couple of things. You can leave a voicemail on our producer's phone, Marita aka Producer Lightning Marita. Her number is seven eight one three five zero one seven six. I'll give that in a second again, but she's the producer of the program and we will pull together again, first come, first served. As I've said before that you have to be if not five oh one C three something that is pretty close to a five oh one C three. We don't do like Uncle Barney's Beer Fund or anything like that. Okay, this is not for private. Okay, you tell us what the charity is and all we want. Don't make recommendations to us because we don't call the charities. But if you represent a charity, if you are the person who's running it, or you're the head of it, just call and tell us, leave us a phone number, the name of the charity, what the charity does. Many times the charities the name obviously explains what it is all about, and give us the daytime phone number and I will call you back, or Maria will call you back, and we will schedule you for that Friday night, December twentieth. All remote, so we'll call you at your home office wherever you want. Your car doesn't matter. We used to do this at the BZ Studios on soldiers Field Road and then the BC Studio, the BZ Studios at one Cabin over where we're the iHeart Studios are now the BZY Slash iHeart Studios in Medford. Again. You can send me an email at Dan Ray at iHeartMedia dot com. DA n R EA. Got to spell it right, most of you know how to spell it by now Dan Ray at iHeartMedia dot com. Or you can leave a voicemail on Marita's office line at seven eight one three five zero seventeen twenty six seven eight one three five zero one seven two six. Again, we're not looking for you to recommend and tell us, oh, it'd be great to have this charity. Notes up to the charity of the call they want to participate ends up as about a four minute interview and we just talk about the basics of what you do, who you serve, and what help do you need. Some need some need volunteers, some need financial support. And it's a great time of year because people are always willing to make a donation or volunteer. And it doesn't have to be time to Christmas. It's can be a charity in the summertime for kids on summer camps or whatever it is. It is. It's done at the end of the year. It's a great way to end my broadcast year. So that's that's an open invitation, first come, first served. Now yet late last night or not late last night, the President of the United States, Joe Biden, essentially admitted to us that last summer he lied, last spring he lied. He was at the Normandy Anniversaries in early June in France and he was asked by an ABC reporter if he would pardon his son, Hunter Biden, and he said no. And he repeated that statement repeatedly. And this is a cut number two. This is Joe Biden in June of this year.
Speaker 4: You're going through something that so many American families go through, the intersection of addiction in the criminal justice system.
Speaker 3: But you're not like most families.
Speaker 4: Was your unable to get a fair trial?
Speaker 5: Do you believe the Justice Department operated independently of politics.
Speaker 6: With regard to the question regarding the family. I'm extremely proud of my son Hunter. He has overcome an addiction. He is He's one of the brightest, most decent men I know. And I am satisfied that I'm not gonna do anything. I said, I advide by the jury decision, and I will do that and I will not partner him.
Speaker 3: Pretty clear statement by Joe Biden. The Globe will have a piece tomorrow, I think written by I hope I'm going to pronounce these names correctly. If I don't, I apologize. I'm not familiar with the writers and Jolly Huon and Katie Johnston of the Globe staff. Basically, this story cleared earlier this evening. Biden's pardon of his son exudes white privilege, local advocates say, and they talked to a number of people who are involved in crime and justice issues. A community liaison for prisoner's Legal Services in Massachusetts, Mac Hudson, demonstrate quote, what it is to have white privilege. Biden used that privilege unashamed of least aid Hudson, who was incarcerated for more than thirty years and now focuses on addressing racial inequities in the criminal justice system. Hudson continued, he happens to be black. When you see the type of flagrant exercise, what does it say to us, the black and brown folks who are fighting constantly just for basic fundamental rights. I agree with him. I agree with what that gentleman just said. State Senator Jamie Eldridge, He's a Marlborough Democrat who cheers the Senate's Criminal Justice Reform Caucus, said, Biden's decision makes it harder for all Democrats to make the point, especially for our own court system, that if someone is convicted, that their justice needs to be carried out as compassionate as a father is for a son. Outridge added, Joe Biden is the president, and there are tens of thousands of people who are convicted of federal offenses who've been waiting for years, in many cases decades, for pardons commut or commuting their sentences. Biden's pardon of his son came a couple of weeks after dozens of members of Congress, co led by Representative Ayana Pressley, sent a letter to Biden urging him to use his clemency power in his final weeks to grant pardons and commutations for broad classes of people behind bars. Such a move, the letter said, would rectify unjust that un necessary criminal laws passed by Congress and draconian sentences given by judges. So this look, I don't have a lot of sympathy for Hunter Biden, okay. I know that he went through an addiction. Through a lot of young men and women in this country who go through addiction, he had every privilege available. His father was a United States Senator from the day he was born. His father was vice president of the United States. This is not your average young person who gets involved with drugs and then involved somehow ensneered in the criminal justice system. I have more sympathy for those people that I do for Hunter Biden. The all along, all along, the President and his team have said nope, nope, no, not gonna hunt, not gonna pardon Hunter. This is Carene Jean Pierre speaking pretty clearly when I asked that question. This is her in June of this year. Two c Please Rob.
Speaker 5: What I'm saying is that the president I am not spoken to the President about this, And what I'm saying is he was asked about a pardon. He was asked about he was asked about the trial specifically, and he answered it very clearly, very forthright. As we know, the sentencing hasn't even been scheduled yet. I don't have anything beyond what the President said. He's been very clear about this.
Speaker 3: Very clear about it. I'll tell you clear. This is July of two thousand and three. This again is Caree Jean Pierre KJP quick quick response, A little clearer. I hoped cut to a Rob little.
Speaker 4: Cutting partner for commute his son if he's convicted.
Speaker 7: So I've answered this question before.
Speaker 5: It was asked of me not too long ago, a couple of weeks ago, and I was very clear and I said.
Speaker 3: No, Okay, well no until last night, and I guess they had a family dinner down in Nantucket. So if you want to join the conversation, so I can turn the question on you and ask you what would have you done if you were the president and he was your son. But this is a guy who told the American people no, clearly no. It was no equivocation. It wasn't well, we'll look at all options, but my I currently am disinclined to issue up.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 3: It was simply no. There are a couple of lines here at seven eighty one uh six one seven ninety six one seven nine, ten thirty. Let me go to Dot in Medford. Let's see what Dot has to say about this. She always is an interesting caller. Dot. Welcome next on NIGHTSIG go ahead, well.
Speaker 8: Welcome back, Thank you. Wonderful to hear you have a voice.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, nice to hear you. Go ahead.
Speaker 8: God, Now we know, of course, we've known right way. Biden's a lion fraud period. But now we also know who the deplorables are in this country. The Trump voters were called deplorable and trash and garbage, but now we know it's the Biden family who are the deplorables.
Speaker 3: Well, the question is is he going to give a pardon, a blanket pardon to his brother? Is he going to give a blanket parden?
Speaker 8: Of course he will, of course he will, because they're all in cohotes. How did that garbage head son ever pay a million dollars in taxes after he blew the millions he got from the Chinese, the Ukraine's. He was gonna u be the lawyer and they'd give him a million dollars. It was all Paola. And if you read the book by Divine about the laptop, you know what they are.
Speaker 9: The garbage.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's terrible. I mean we're happy.
Speaker 3: Well Biden should have been doing was getting help for his son if he knew that the sun had had had literally just you know something, you.
Speaker 8: Can't get help for them. He was high, he's still doing cocaine. He was blowing his nose and solushing his nose the other day on the port at the White House.
Speaker 3: He's well but you know what, let's let's assume that he's off it because unless we have real proof to the contrary, Okay, I mean, I just want to focus on President Biden. Does does President Biden issual pardon for himself? Well, he better, I don't know, but I mean certainly for his brother, other members.
Speaker 8: Of the family, grand you know, his grandchildren all got cuts of all that money. There was a lot of money pouring in from payoffs.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well though, well, first of all, I don't know, I've seen all of that. But if those kids are under age, I don't think there's a.
Speaker 8: Problem that they're not. They're not.
Speaker 3: I think that that Look, he gave what I would consider to be a very prophilactic pardon, meaning it goes for many years, and it's for everything between.
Speaker 8: It goes from fourteen to twenty four years. Twenty years, right yr Yeah, and so the hook Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Mean there's been questions raised about his brother. I have no idea. I've read the stories and all of that thing pardon everything party.
Speaker 8: And his wife is probably one of the worst ones.
Speaker 3: No, we have no, we have no knowledge of that at all. I've never heard her name.
Speaker 8: Lincoln anything like you have to read. You have to read laptop from hell. You have to read it and then you'll see, all.
Speaker 3: Right, just the book doesn't make it so DoD. I love the fact that that you never equivocate. You are always pretty clear once.
Speaker 8: You say I'm old and I'm clear. Welcome back, Dan, It's wonderful to have you back.
Speaker 3: Thanks. Nice to be so. It's nice to have someone to come back to. Bruce is in Howe, Massachusetts, down by the water. Bruce, youan next? uXt you right ahead?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 10: Dan?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I can almost see the waves from my property, but not quite.
Speaker 3: That's okay. You can walk down of the the ocean.
Speaker 9: Are go ahead, you you bitch. I gotta say Dot's got a lot of nerve bringing up anything about taxes when we have formerly a former president that has been convicted of screw in the the city of New York, but neither here nor there as far as Biden goes, I totally expected him to pardon his son, and I wouldn't be surprised to be pardoned his brother. But I would ask you, are you willing to devote his won or put his one or two or however many lies Biden has created or said against the un or tens of thousands that Trump has lied about.
Speaker 3: Well, I gotta be honest with you, Bruce. We're probably gonna disagree on this, Okay.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, you could.
Speaker 3: You could put up whatever you considered to be Donald Trump's worst lies. And I don't know that there's any lie that you could put up which would be as bold faced as when President Biden was asked by David Muir, will you pardon your son? I mean that was a pretty obvious question. What lie would you put up that Donald Trump would have that would be as bold faced as that?
Speaker 9: I couldn't tell you because I really don't recollect the many many lives, so they must they must not.
Speaker 3: Have been as bold I mean, this one's pretty easy to you.
Speaker 9: Kind of recollect Trump line.
Speaker 3: You said that there were tens of thousands.
Speaker 9: No, No, I honestly can't.
Speaker 3: So therefore there's nothing so I put on the table, Bruce, I'm just putting on the table. What you do. Remember the interview that ABC had with and others that that, but ABC actually asked the question for the first time during the Normandy you know, the June sixth yepcast, and there was no there was no equivocation there. It wasn't like, look, I'm disinclined at this moment, uh to even anticipate to to entertain that question, because at that point, I don't think the Sun had been convicted of any thing. I think he was still in the trial process. So I think that's pretty clear that that's one that that's why I wanted to lie.
Speaker 9: Oh it's a boldfaced lie. But my issue is, look at the hundreds, and I can't pick a single one.
Speaker 3: But that's the point. That's the point, the hundreds of thousands. You can't think of one, right, you can't think of one. Think about it. I would you say that.
Speaker 9: I know, I know it sounds stupid, but that's what it does.
Speaker 3: Sound stupid. Pro Bruce, I I be told I got a break. I should have taken you that quickly. I gotta run. Okay, we'll talk again. That's much sixty six one seven ninety. Got to take a quick break here on Nightside.
Speaker 9: It's night Side with y Hey Damn Boston's news radio.
Speaker 11: So right now maybe the perfect time for you to rethink how you pay for health care. And here's why this time of year is decision time for a lot of people. But it's also when you can join meta share and save even more than usual. For many families, joining meta share means saving about five hundred bucks a month, which is a game changer for a lot of people obviously. But what's more, Meta share members like it a lot. Their satisfaction rate is ninety eight percent.
Speaker 2: Imagine that.
Speaker 11: And meta share is a proven thing too for over thirty years. It's a Christian community of hundreds of thousands of people. Now, and here's the thing. If you joined before December fifteenth and you mentioned the promo code Share, they'll waive your application fee so you save even more right off the bat. I'll give you the number here in a second, but just call and you'll get a price within two minutes.
Speaker 2: And again, the deadline is.
Speaker 11: December fifteenth, so call now you'll save even more. Here's the number eight seven seven sixty four Bible. That's eight seven seven sixty four Bible. Eight seven seven sixty four Bible.
Speaker 1: If you suffer from burning, tingling, or numb feet, pay special attention as we discuss neuropathy with doctor Sean Bryan DC. What is neuropathy?
Speaker 4: Per full neuropathy is nerve damage to the feet, in let.
Speaker 2: What are the symptoms?
Speaker 4: The symptoms are numbness, burning, tingling, pain and loss of balance.
Speaker 1: Is neuropathy treatable?
Speaker 4: It's absolutely treatable and we get amazing results.
Speaker 1: If you have burning, tingling, numbness, coldness in your feet or hands, or balance issues, call Brian Wellness and Chiropractic Centers today for a nerve damage screening. This screening will tell if you are at risk for serious complications and if you're a candidate for our cutting edge treatment program. End stage neuropathy leaves people confined to walkers, wheelchairs, even amputations. The first ten colors receive a free nerve damage screening. Call seven eight one eight six eight five one one five. Act now call seven eight one eight six eight five one one five for your free nerve damage screening. The first ten callers get this important screening for free seven eight one eight six eight five one one five.
Speaker 10: Financial planning is a year round job and with twenty twenty four coming to an end, now is the perfect time to take a hard look at your strategy and what changes you may want to make going forward.
Speaker 9: Hi.
Speaker 10: This is Mike Armstrong from the Armstrong Advisory Group and our new guide may help you understand some key numbers that can affect your planning next year. There are many important topics to review, like marginal tax brackets and retirement account income limits if you're retired or getting ready to retire. The guide also focuses on the many ways that the government taxes your Social Security benefits. Take the time now to reflect on your current strategy so you can be fully prepared for any adjustments you may want to make in the future. Get your copy of our new guide Key Numbers to Know for twenty twenty five by calling eight hundred three nine three four zero zero one. That number again is eight hundred three nine three four zero zero one.
Speaker 2: The proceeding was paid for by Armstrong Advisory Group, a registered investment advisor. Nothing in the ad or in any Armstrong Guide a specific financial, legal, or tax advice. Consult your own financial, tax and to state planning advisors before making any investment decisions. Armstrong may contact you to offer investment advisory services. Now back to Dan ray Lie from The Window World Life Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not going to short change your call or I went a little long, so let me just reset real quickly, and we got Jack and Newton on the other side. Jack, I will get to you right after the news at the bottom of the hour, but I'm not going to short change her. I want to know what you think of Joe Biden and has this changed your opinion of Joe Biden at all? Or conversely, if you were the president of the United States and your son was facing jail time, maybe not a lot of jail time, but we're talking about done conviction and tax convictions. And now again, in fairness to Hunter Biden paid that back. But if you get caught by the I R S. The President today said it was a The reason he's doing the pardon is because it was a political prosecution, a political prosecution by his own Justice department. I mean that doesn't that doesn't ring true. I mean it wasn't the Trump Justice Department that was prosecuting Hunter Biden. As a matter of fact, there was a period where if it hadn't been for a judge in a federal judge in New Jersey who insisted, excuse me, in Delaware who insisted they had this wrapped up and he was going to walk a year and a half ago, everything was going to be wrapped up in a nice tight little bundle if anything at that point, and that was the prosecutor Weiss, who eventually had to go back and bring the charges against him. Look, this is the case of ultimate white privilege when you really look at it, and Joe Biden and Joe Biden, they're thrilled he's not going to go to jail. Who wants to see their kid go to jail? Obviously, So my question on the other side of it, if you were the president and you had the authority, what would you do. This also makes it, whether you like it or not, a little easier for Donald Trump when he's in office to selectively pardon some of the January sixth rioters. I might be as opposed to this as as well. But again, the Globe, the article in the Globe, it's not the Globe, but the article in the Globe says the headline, Biden's pardon of his son exudes white privilege. Local advocates say, it's what's being said six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three, one ten thirty. It's the story of the day. Did you believe Joe Biden when he said it? We'll be back on Nightside after this.
Speaker 1: You're on Night Side with Dan Ray on w b Z Boston's news radio.
Speaker 3: Play very much, Dan Watkins. This is the statement from the President which was released last night today. I signed a pardon for my son Hunter. From the day took office. I said I would not interfere with the Justice Department's decision making, and I kept my word even as they watched my son being selectively and unfairly prosecuted by his Justice Department. That's right, his Justice Department without aggravating factors like use in a crime, multiple purchasers are buying a weapon as a straw purchaser. People are almost never brought to trial on felony charges solely for how they filled out a gun form. Those who were late paying their taxes because of serious addictions, but paid them back subsequently with interest and penalties, are typically given non criminal resolutions. It's clear that Hunter was treated differently. If Hunter's not treated that way, The charges in his cases came about only after several of my political opponents in Congress instigated them to attack me and oppose my election. Then a carefully negotiated plead deal agreed to by the Department of justice unraveled in a court room with a number of my political in front of a federal judge. He meant he lacks to mention, fails to mention with a number of my political opponents in Congress, taking credit for bringing political pressure in the process. Had the plea deal held, it would have been a fair reasonable resolution of Hunter's cases. Oh yeah, No reasonable person looks at the fact of Hunter's cases can reach any other conclusion. I'm a reasonable person, mister President, and I disagree with you on that one. That Hunter was singled out only because he is my son, and that's wrong. Hunter got away with a lot more than that, and that's why you've given him a pardon. From from twenty fourteen to twenty twenty four there's been an effort to break Hunter, who's been five and a half years sober, even in the face of unrelenting attacks and selective prosecution and trying to break Hunter. They tried to break me. Ooh, and there's no reasonab believe it will stop there. Enough is enough. For My entire career followed a simple principle, just tell the American people the truth. But I didn't tell the people the truth In June or in July, they'll be fair minded. Here's the truth. No, the truth was what you said was the truth in June. Mister President. I believe in the justice system, but I've wrestled with this. I also believe raw politics has affected this process and has led to a miscarriage of justice. And once I made this decision this weekend at dinner, there was no sense of delaying it further, of course not. I hope Americans will want to see why father and the president would come to this decision. Do you understand it? I don't. If he had equivocated and said back in June, nothing has changed between now and June, nothing at all. The question is will there be other Biden family members. Let me go next to Jack and Newton. Jack, I appreciate your holding through the news. I didn't want to short change you.
Speaker 7: Go right ahead, Hi, Jack, Porter look at as a father myself, mister Bider acted like a father. I mean, mister Trump would also partner his own son.
Speaker 12: Well.
Speaker 3: Donald Trump has pardened other people's people, including you know, relatives of non direct family members, but he never said he would not pardon someone and then pardon them. That's what I'm talking about Jack.
Speaker 7: Well, it changed this mine. I think for two reasons. Well one because well, if they lost the election, I mean, if Kamala Harris had won, I don't think he would have pardoned him because he could trust that Kamala would you know, I don't know it wouldn't.
Speaker 3: I disagree with you. I bet you that when the decision was made for him to leave SEP aside in July and to basically he and the nomination over or as I called it, the immaculate nomination over to Vice President Harris, I suspect that there was an understanding, if not an agreement, that if she won, Hunter Biden would be pardoned by her. That way, he could have kept his promise that he would not pardon his son.
Speaker 7: And you know, the shock of mister Trump winning said no, they're going to continue harassing him in prison and going after my legacy and him.
Speaker 3: And he was prosecuted by the Biden Justice Department. He was not prosecuted by the Trump Justice Department.
Speaker 7: I'm just saying that they would keep going after him, you know, I'm I mean maybe, And he also felt that because you know that he was a former a drug addict and alcoholic he could relapse, and I think people should be a little nicer out there.
Speaker 3: Well, Jack, how about being nicer to the people in prison who are not the son of the President of the United States. Isn't this white privilege? Isn't this the Globe will tell us tomorrow in one article that that people are calling this the ultimate white privilege.
Speaker 7: Well, that's a political correctness. I think that mister Biden will will pardon some black people as well, So I think that's yeah.
Speaker 3: But how many how many black men? Uh, and maybe black women are rotting in prison in this country for crime similar to what Hunter Biden now has escaped, you know, punishment for how many how many black men and black women did Kamala Harris put in prison when she was Attorney general in the state of California, Uh, for doing exactly what she had done, which was smoking marijuana.
Speaker 7: Well, as you look socialized, but there's a difference in black are convicted compared to one. It's something that's obvious. Things like the population is black.
Speaker 3: No, no, we know whoa whoa whoa. That's not true. That's not true. Come on, that's that that's just not true. I mean you there may be an overrepresentation of There is an over representation of minorities black and probably Hispanics as well in the American justice system, but it's not ninety.
Speaker 7: Eight percently it's probably because they commit more crimes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the question, the question is that they You may argue that's what the conservatives have said for years, But the question is is the prison Is the conviction rate equivalent to the population. No, it's higher. And then if if the argument is they that that the black population commits more crimes, prove it. You got to prove that in.
Speaker 7: My In my they commit more crimes. But there's more gangs and among black black gangs, and you know the Chicano well.
Speaker 3: Most I don't think there's any black members of the mafia. The mafia has been been around for a while too. I just think that we're going a little as straight here Jack, and that that hunter Biden is very lucky that his dad was elected president. And again I want to emphasize this was the the Biden Justice Department. That you know, Joe Biden is not saying this was a political prosecution by the Biden Justice Department. That doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 7: Well, I think I'll be honest. Maybe your audience doesn't like to hear this, but we have a lot more serious problems than this. You know, two wars.
Speaker 3: We talked about, we talked, we talked about all of those problems, Jack, But should I not? Should I ignore this problem tonight, this story tonight?
Speaker 7: No, you can discuss it that. I think we should go away and let them relax in Delaware and let them move on with their lives and let's start anew with a new president and let's move on. That's mine.
Speaker 3: Do you do you think do you think that there's there will be more pardons for Biden family members that think this is it?
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's other family members that are going to prison. What I didn't know there was.
Speaker 3: Well, they're there, they're his brother. There have been allegations. No one else has been convicted, but if you fear that someone may have ultimately be convicted, including maybe by the Trump Justice Department, it would seem to me that that once he leaves the White House on January twentieth, his power is to pardon the commute sentences goes away.
Speaker 7: Well as possible. You know, it's ironic, is that Lister Trump?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 7: You know, pardon Charles Kershner.
Speaker 3: That's correct. I meant I just mentioned in Jack, but he but no one had ever asked him ahead of that, are you going to pardon the father of your son in law? And if Donald Trump had said I'm not going to pardon Charles ker Kushner, then he'd be in the same position as as Biden tonight. I understand as a father that's what he might have done. But he never should have said back in June when people asked him, never should have said no.
Speaker 7: Well, he changed his mind because by Trump one.
Speaker 3: You know, that's why he changed his mind, because Trump won.
Speaker 7: Yeah, if Kamala Harris had won, it would be a different story. I think.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, Jack.
Speaker 7: By the way, it's my birthday today. I know I invited you to my birthday party, but I just wanted to mention it's my birthday today.
Speaker 3: So today's to day. The party's the fifteenth, correct.
Speaker 7: Right, the party is the fifteenth, But today I can't.
Speaker 3: I got to tell you, Jack, as much as I would like to be there and I appreciated the invitation, I was going to give you a call. I've got a conflict that day and I can't attend. But if today's your actual birthday. Happy birthday, Jacket. A round of applause for Jack. It's not every day people turn thirty nine, Jack, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: That's right, I'm still thirty nine.
Speaker 3: Happy Happy birthday, Jack.
Speaker 7: Okay, thank you, so have a great night.
Speaker 3: All right, go and take a quick break. Got some open lines here which stuns me. Maybe everybody agrees that what Joe Biden did was the proper thing. Six one seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven nine three one ten thirty. I think this is a really interesting topic, and I think that this does more damage to the Democratic brand for this to go down this way. If Joe Biden had not said anything and then turned around and in early December issued a pardon, I just wonder if there's going to be other partons. I I had recommended, you know, a month ago, that maybe Donald Trump, when he met with Joe Biden at the White House, that Donald Trump might have said to him and given him some insurance. Look, I will take that burden as a as an olive branch. I will take that burden, and I one of my first acts will be to pardon your son. I think that would have been a smart political move for Donald Trump. Maybe disagree six one seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. I'm trying to make you think. That's all. I'm trying to make you think. Back on night Side after this, Now.
Speaker 1: Back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 3: All right, I'll go to Ron and Weymouth. Ron, you were next on Nightside. Your thoughts on the pardon that President Biden has extended for his son.
Speaker 13: I will very quickly here, but before that, I will not invite you to a birthday party, but I will say Merry Christmas. If I don't hear from you again, well.
Speaker 3: Merry Christmas to you. That's what I celebrate. So I always like a specific of greed. And go ahead ahead, Ron.
Speaker 13: Now you remember President Ford coming into office pidon Nixon. He didn't change his mind. It's a very different scenario would republic and some Democrats, by the way, and the Democrats use their old cuche, their old mechanism of operation, which was give the people, say what the people want when you see what they need or what they want, and what they wanted to, you know, was to say that, no, I'm not going to pardon my son. But then when they forget about it later on, Oh, they don't forget about it. Sure they will not this time around, they didn't. And then he'll change his mind and say, oh, I decided to pardon my son Hunter. It doesn't work anymore, Dan, or anybody out there listening. It doesn't work.
Speaker 3: By the way, just a quick comment, if you will. I voted for Jimmy Carter in nineteen seventy six as a young lawyer because I felt that Gerald Ford had made a mistake in pardoning Richard Nixon. Subsequently, I think Ford did the right thing because it was it healed a nation's wound and people were able to pick up and move on past the Nixton administration. I think Ford did the right thing. In retrospect that I was wrong, although I probably would have voted for Jimmy Carter anyway because I like Carter. But and you can question my judgment on that as well. But however, just in the spirit of full disclosure, I tell you that, but this is a different This does nothing to heal a wound. This rips the wound open, because what it says is this is a you know, a dual class of justice in this country if you're a connected person, which we've known all along, but it's never been more obvious. And then you have a president who lied in June. And don't tell me the president changed his mind, because I believe that he lied in June.
Speaker 13: Right, And your idea of when you put this information out for anybody to answer on, and I believe you said what a president Trump after coming into office would be a good thing. You didn't say you should do it, but you asked the public on the radio tonight. Would would that be a good idea? I don't think there'd be a real good idea. It would heal some factions of Democrats that did not go to Trump, but Trump won in the lands. What the heck does he have to heal anything for? I think would hurt Trump more than help him. What does anybody else think about out today?
Speaker 9: I'll be listening to it all right, Thanks appreciate it.
Speaker 3: It's always great call. Thank you much quickly to the point, that's what I appreciate. Let me go next to We're going to go next to Ken in Waltham.
Speaker 7: Ken.
Speaker 3: You were next on Nisager.
Speaker 12: Right ahead, h Danieah, I thought it was interesting when you just mentioned that, you know, Trump could maybe help unite the country by partnering Hunter Biden, because I think he sort of just did the opposite by nominating uh Caspitel as attorney General, who's really kind of verbally made it his mission to go after the Bidens no matter what.
Speaker 3: And rather you know, well, I don't necessarily think that cash Patel is going to go after the Bidens. I think that there may be others that that he might want to go after. But well, well let me ask you this Cash Patel, I guess has been will be nominated or has been nominated. Uh, he has to get sent in approval to hit the FBI. Who else would you expect Donald Trump to nominate to? I mean, this is a Trump administration. He won the election. I mean, you know, you may be disappointed in the nomination of Patel, but who would you expect him to nominate. Would you expect him to nominate more? Heally for attorney for the head of the FBI?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 12: John you maybe?
Speaker 3: I like h I think John you would have been a great guy. And John is a smart guy. And John doesn't have some of the bad I get that some of these folks have, but again it doesn't I guess what I'm saying is it just doesn't surprise me. That's all. It's like all.
Speaker 12: My only point is, I mean Patel has made remarks, sure he has, he is like really going after the Bidens, for anyone who helped Joe Biden quote steal the election. I mean it's possible that Biden over the weekend was saying, you know, he is going to go after you know, me, my family, my son to any extent.
Speaker 3: And so I'm gonna so you're you're gonna You're gonna basically, let let Joe Biden off. Let me ask you, do you think when this an honest question, I know you're gonna give me an honest answer. Do you think when Joe Biden was asked that question by David Muir in Normandy back in June, and Joe Biden said, nope, I'm not going to give him a pardon not. Do you think Joe Biden didn't know then that his intention was to pardon his son. Do you really do you really think he changed his mind? I'll take your answer to it's an honest answer.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, yeah, No, I I think that. I mean, I think if Harris had been elected, he maybe would not have pardoned that son.
Speaker 3: Well, sure, because then it's taken care of. But what I'm saying is he had to know why that the possibility existed. Maybe it was of course he was the candidate at the time, and when he answered that question. I mean, look, Republicans and Democrats. Oftentimes Republicans do win elections. So I mean he asked him, would you pardon your son?
Speaker 12: So let me let me say no, Dan, Yeah, I'm what I'm trying to say is I think at that time he thought there were instances where he wouldn't pardon this son. He could think of instances when he would.
Speaker 3: Did you give a wide break a big break here?
Speaker 12: But I'm saying that he was not being truthful he said I would not pardon my son. I think their toothflow answer is there are instances.
Speaker 3: When I would.
Speaker 12: There are instances when I would.
Speaker 3: Okay, fair enough, all right, but I will take I will take that. Hey, Ken, I hate to do this year, but I'm way past my break here and I get it, and I get I'm good thing.
Speaker 12: I think I think the cast of the Tell thing maybe twenty years from now, you'll say, you know, Biden did the right thing, but what happened, No.
Speaker 3: I don't think so. I would have been much happier if Donald Trump had said, hey, you know what I'm gonna you know, do the right thing for you, Joe Biden. It would have been a would have been a way to kind of bring the country. I don't think this helps to bring.
Speaker 12: But again, nominating for telism the way to do that.
Speaker 3: So anyway, see that's who he's gonna that's who he's going to nominate. That's who guys know who presidents nominate the guy people who are going to be loyal. But whatever, let's you know, and again, if Petel goes overboard, we'll go right after. Trust me on that.
Speaker 12: Okay, I do, Dan, I'm a big fan. Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Have a great night. Here comes the news at eleven back fill up the lines. Coming back on Nightside right after this