Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, and welcome, welcome, welcome. It is time now for our community connection right here on K one, the one you trust, and we have our friends in from Republicans and other Conservatives Washington County.
Speaker 2: They rock.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody, Jessica Grouse and Queen Shipper.
Speaker 1: Hey kids, I hope we all had a good holiday.
Speaker 2: Christmas and off to a good start for twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Beautiful sunshine outside right.
Speaker 2: Now, that'll change if the temperature is going to change. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, it's a new year, and there are a lot of folks that might be new to the not only to the radio station, but new to the area who might not know what Republicans and other Conservatives of Washington County is all about.
Speaker 2: So what is the mission.
Speaker 4: Well, the mission of our group tom is to promote Republican and conservative values to an informed and active electorate. That's our state mission and we've been doing that for about a year and a half now and gathering monthly. We took a break in December, but been gathering monthly just bringing people of like minded values and interests and politics and other issues as well that come in.
Speaker 2: Bringing speakers from.
Speaker 4: Near and far, and just to inform people about important issues.
Speaker 3: That's right. Occurrences go ahead.
Speaker 5: I was going to say, this is also a great opportunity to thank everyone for coming out to vote on November fifth.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 5: We had a wonderful turnout and big elections nation and state and county and city here locally, that's correct, So we appreciate everyone making their voice heard.
Speaker 2: Can you tell us a little bit about the values of the.
Speaker 5: Organization, yes, So we build our values upon the Republican history and the leadership of Washington County. We promote political education. Like Quinn mentioned, we've brought mini speakers and representatives from various organizations in to educate people what they do, how they can be involved, what all goes into the operation of our local government, our county government, and up into the national level.
Speaker 4: So one thing about the ROC TOM is we have an advisory group that organized this, like I said, about a year and a half ago, and on that we have three ex official members who happened to be our Senator Julie Daniels and our representatives Judd Strom and John B.
Speaker 2: Kane.
Speaker 4: And so we're very encouraged by the strong support we have as an advisory group. And those who well, they've also contributed. They've been speakers at various meetings.
Speaker 5: They were present at our meetings as well, exactly giving attendees an opportunity to chat with them about any concerns, positive or negative.
Speaker 4: I had a friend a company to a meeting this was last year, fall into the area and got to meet Senator Daniels and I don't think John was there, but representative strong and represented Ken and he's like, these people are like normal people.
Speaker 2: They're like, yeah.
Speaker 4: Like you can just talk to him, like he just seemed like he'd never experienced that before.
Speaker 2: But they're real people. Do a lot of people who are like that though they feel.
Speaker 4: Exactly, but they're real people doing real work for the state, for our county, for our community, and they're just great people, like everybody else who comes to meetings, very very.
Speaker 1: Personable, very personable, very one on one. Now we've got a big meeting coming up on January seventh, and now this looks like it's going to be an education as we've come to know.
Speaker 3: Would also be a great way to start off the year.
Speaker 5: And next Tuesday, January seventh, at six pm at crossing second six thirty, So sorry, six thirty, but we encourage people to come at six how about that dinner, have dinner, grab a drink, chat in a more relaxed environment before we start our meeting at six thirty, and we are welcoming the Republican Party of Oklahoma's chairman Nathan Dahm with Stan Stevens, who is the Oka GOP executive director, and they're going to give us a state of the State GOP.
Speaker 1: Wow, I'm sureing we're going to have a little bit called a Storied Pass. Puts at all well.
Speaker 4: The story Pass is a monthly feature of our meetings.
Speaker 1: It is okay, yeah, I guess it showed up a few times from you guys slept a few times.
Speaker 3: It's okay.
Speaker 2: I am and Kay Little, our local historian.
Speaker 4: She comes up with some of the most interesting historical characters, either here in Washington County or elsewhere in the state. Either she or someone else brings a presentation again just to build the bridge, you know, to our storied past and our strong future. And it's just a really fun little snapshot of a character. I don't know if I've known any of these characters.
Speaker 2: Are many of them.
Speaker 4: Anyway, when we've had our storied past section, it's really interesting.
Speaker 1: It's a colorful room from what I understand.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we have some colorful.
Speaker 1: Characters kind, But Nathan dumm is a fellow who's been in these studios here before. I don't believe we've had Stan Stevens in. But Nathan has an interesting story. He does have an interesting story time. He grew up in Broken Arrow as his childhood, and his family went to Romania, former communist country, as missionaries.
Speaker 2: So when he graduated from high school, he went back into.
Speaker 4: The mission field, and that, really, understanding from Nathan, really informed some of his political interests, seeing what life is like in a former communist and exposed to socialism and different kinds of things. And so at the very young age of twenty nine, he became a state senator and has been a senator up until this last year. So he's been very, very involved in politics. But again, his experience overseas, families, mission, other involvements have informed so much of who he is and how he approaches politics.
Speaker 2: Well that in itself ought it'd be pretty cool to hear.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, yeah, he's got a really interesting story and he's been the GOP chairman coming up on two years. But we do have a state convention coming up in May, and so there are things that are happening between now and May that all around.
Speaker 2: The state, the different counties will be preparing for that.
Speaker 5: Yes, so we look forward to hearing about their vision how we can all be involved and work together. And we'll have another election coming up before we know it for governor and lieutenant governor and many other positions there here and there a positive outlook.
Speaker 1: I understand that you know some of the things that are going to be going on. We've already talked a little about the general election, but we've got the inauguration coming up on the twentieth.
Speaker 2: That's going to be well.
Speaker 1: It all goes well today and Monday.
Speaker 2: We will and that'd be something.
Speaker 1: To do to address. Now, this is something that doesn't happen in too many states where the state where all the counties went the same color exactly. Are the only states, not very many. I don't think you're the only one, but I'm not very.
Speaker 3: Many, not very many, that's correct, where all.
Speaker 2: The counties fell in line.
Speaker 1: Because I've lived in places where it's a great sheet of purple yeah, yeah, but this one was all red and that turned out to be pretty interesting.
Speaker 4: And correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's been the case for at least the last three general elections, all seventy seven counties, all read so obviously very strong Republican leaning as a state.
Speaker 2: One thing I valued.
Speaker 4: When I was campaigning this fall time was we have people of all different political stripes and background and nationalities.
Speaker 2: I mean, Bartiville is a really really unique place.
Speaker 4: And while we say Republican and other conservatives, you don't have to be a conservative to.
Speaker 2: Come to our meetings.
Speaker 4: We've had all kinds of people coming to our meetings because they too want to be informed. And so I think campaigning just helped.
Speaker 2: Me to see the community in a fresh way that when.
Speaker 4: We find the things we have in common, which are many that we can agree on and work together, it's not you know, red, purple blue in many cases doesn't matter. But we are obviously Republican, not a conservative. But everyone's welcome.
Speaker 2: They're not an interest in the various topics that we have.
Speaker 1: Sure, now once again this is going to be at crossing second, this will be at the back building where.
Speaker 2: The garage is sharing. Yeah. Yeah, the garage. It's the coolest darring garage you ever saw. What it is.
Speaker 1: I've been blessed to perform there several times. And the food is great. So get there early, get there between five thirty and six, get yourself a nice meal and a beverage, and then go on back and enjoy the meeting.
Speaker 2: With feeling well paid, feeling wealth. And people can order during the meeting.
Speaker 4: If they want to eat during the meeting, they can do that as well. But some come early, some order in, and.
Speaker 2: It's just a very relaxed.
Speaker 3: Welcoming Okay, fay to go.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like you're go into someone's house, is really how I explained it to others. You know, it's kind of like the family getting together.
Speaker 3: Sharon and Donn are very welcoming people.
Speaker 5: They are great members of our community, and we are glad that they welcome us and allow us to hold our meetings there every month.
Speaker 4: And it's kind of a living room kind of setting, as we intentionally keep it a bit informal, and you know, we're all sit in the chairs and tables and.
Speaker 3: Whatever, back and forth banter exactly.
Speaker 4: Yes, you may meet new people, make friends, see people you haven't seen since our meeting in November. Because it's been a while, people are looking forward to kind of catching up.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, oh, this is really gonna be a lot of fun. So once again, it's going to be on Tuesday, January seventh, and that'll be starting at sixty. Get their chicks order up to about seven forty five. So you're not going to miss your bedtime.
Speaker 2: Right in my case, says would the news.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and everybody gets up at four o'clock or whatever time you get up either tom two o'clock. Okay, in correctly, you make me feel very lazy.
Speaker 2: Right now, It's okay.
Speaker 1: You know, if I don't walk by dough by two thirty, there's a problem. So anyway, yeah, are you going to take me?
Speaker 2: That would be a good time. Yeah, you just gotta looks at you.
Speaker 3: They keep us on a schedule, don't they.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they do, I think with us. I don't think we had anything to do with picking them.
Speaker 1: But anyway, if folks want to know more about the group, how do we go about that?
Speaker 5: We encourage them to check out our Facebook page. They can search for that at roc WC. We also have an email info at ROCWC dot com that they can send any questions, concerns, comments, constructive criticisms.
Speaker 2: Oh and.
Speaker 3: I love to communicate with people.
Speaker 2: All right, very good? That sounds great.
Speaker 1: You know, it's really something to have everybody here and on board and all ready to go here for the big event, and it is going to be something to behold. You don't have to have reservations now, do you know?
Speaker 2: Not at all?
Speaker 4: And we are the first Tuesday of every month.
Speaker 2: First Tuesday. That's easy to remark.
Speaker 1: Even I can remember that, and I got problems with remembering, but that that's going to be good. And then once again we've already talked about where we can get the.
Speaker 2: Facebook.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, have a little bit of an issue here with my computer, So I'm sorry if I'm feeling if I'm.
Speaker 2: Kind of drifting a little bit here.
Speaker 1: But we do want everybody to make sure that you do come, you do have fun, and you do fine splike minded folks and maybe sure a few ideas. That's one thing that I noticed that happens all the time because I've been there and there are people I know that are far different politically than one would think. And it's a great uh common point for folks to discuss things and we'll still walk away very friendly. Yeah, that's the beauty of it all. Nobody gets that's the goal, that's the whole goal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we have good conversation to be civil about it.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: And you know it is really like I said, uh, well worth your time, effort and and get out there and just to have some fun and learn a few things to get yourself up to date.
Speaker 2: Oh boy. Alrighty well, I want to thank you for coming by today.
Speaker 3: Thank you for having us again.
Speaker 1: Alrighty, and we'll look forward to seeing you next month. I guess we will, if not Tuesday.
Speaker 3: That's right, please join us tuesday.
Speaker 2: Where you're Parka.
Speaker 3: Thanks Tom, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Folks, you've been talking with Quinn Schipper and Jessica Cross with Republicans and other conservatives of Washington County right here on K one, the one you