Speaker 1: Well, are you going where you are? We moving along trailers?
Speaker 2: Or yeah?
Speaker 3: What am I doing here?
Speaker 2: Oh? Let's take her finally break what you're trying to say? Yeah's her finally out break. We're back. All right, We're gonna do a bit quicker because what do we have? Yeah, we won't.
Speaker 1: Let's see, it was like an hour's worth of so everybody knows.
Speaker 3: I was fuld.
Speaker 1: Laundry while I was doing this, or once I had to pause the trailer. But man, I swear it was like forty five minutes straight of just trailer watching. I'm not complaining or anything, but just it's dense.
Speaker 2: One at a time.
Speaker 3: Please, I felt.
Speaker 1: Not super fresh either. I'll just put that little disclaimer out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna answer these too quickly because they were in the news and again patrons due the patron said the question Maddie did ask those Patreon questions. We're not gonna get into full Audissey. I'm just gonna quickly list off the Oussey achievements. Kirkland biggest opening global for Christopher Nolan's career, surpassing Dark Knight Rises, third biggest radar film all time ever opening, biggest opening for a live action film this year only had a twenty nine percent drop in its second weekend, had a best second weekend for Christopher Nolan. Movie beat the opening weekend of Oppenheimer. This thing's on track to make a billion, Maddie put his best way here. Final predictions for it on a scale one ten, How surprise are you? And the percentage of the oh, we already talk about that to the Odyssey thing. I think Odyssey would also not can be two Avengers, and I'll say I'm like a for surprise, I'm like A I don't know out of ten, I'm like a six point five seven. Because I always saw it was getting get to like seven hundred million. Didn't think of make a billion. But if someone had told me that, I wouldn't say, like, it's impossible, just because Nolan's got that juice and if he makes something great. I've even talked to my sister. Had no interest in seeing this, was like, all right, Iphiel told me to see the Aussie. I'm gonna go and see the Aussie. It just had. Once I saw it, I was like, Okay, it does have it. So I didn't think it was an impossibility, but uh yeah, incredible do you think it was gonna be doing this? Well, Kirkland, it's tracker right now. It hit a billion, so.
Speaker 3: I did not.
Speaker 1: I don't think I thought Oppenheimer would either though, and I just under a bill.
Speaker 3: But still like like that number. It didn't make a billion, No, it's like.
Speaker 2: Nine hundred something something. It got close.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought that was the big deal because didn't Barbie.
Speaker 2: Barbe get a billion?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought both of them made a billion.
Speaker 3: That's why it was such a crazy nod.
Speaker 1: Okay, I was lied Tomm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely surprised.
Speaker 1: I think it's like it is like an adventure flick, but like it's I don't know.
Speaker 3: Some of the things they.
Speaker 1: Tackle are like pretty out there, and I feel like if you have no idea what the fuck is happening, like going into this movie, it could be pretty daunting, even like the names of the characters and like what they're talking about, Like I have heard that from a lot of people that I have seen.
Speaker 3: This is like beginning of the movie. I had no idea what the fuck was happening.
Speaker 1: But it's just so well made that they just stuck around for the ride and they enjoyed their three hour flick, and I think that's pretty awesome. I definitely think it's deserved. It's it's an amazing, amazing film, very well made, especially like I don't really get a lot of like like I.
Speaker 3: Mean, you know, I'm not I'm not on Twitter.
Speaker 1: I don't get like the hot press of what people are thinking. But like the few little trinkles of things that I have seen are people like complaining about like the dumbest things about this movie. And I didn't even know that was like really a talking point. Yeah, it shouldn't be, and it probably even isn't like the grand scheme of themes, clearly not because it's.
Speaker 3: Making a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, it's it's it's pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: Because we will that was on a trust told you where and we talked And I can just dove tell this because I think I talked about this somewhere, but maybe not because it's been in person conversations. Maybe it was on Comic con cast a little bit, which has a long one, But I was on a trust told you and it's I think it was something like Lapita said in the press about being a woman's perspective idea. I'm like, you were even though I am more tapped in. Mike had brought up that as a question and I didn't even know what he was talking about until I looked into it, right, and I follow like no one counts and everything like that, and he was talking, we were talking. He had a question around like, oh, do you ever worry that you know these things because we've seen this with Supergirl on the Marbles and other things, like these communities can have a big impact because like office, social media and all these videos. And I thought it was valid and I always said like, oh, there's probably a small percentage, but I think this movie more so than ever has And you know, people can debate me, but I'll never take that debate. I think this movie has convinced me, or not to convince me, has cemented that all those other movies that bombed or didn't do well, and they had those people behind them, they were just always never gonna do well. Which I kind of already thought that my point that I made in that trap, I told you that I think the movies are gonna do what they do regardless, but this especially where it feels like all mine's such a big hubbub, but really, those people are lying and they're gonna go see it anyways, or they are very small minority and people don't care that there's a transactor in there, or there's the Pina nou woan goo playing this character. Right, So that's what it seems like to me, Like sure, those type of sides that people can claim like, oh, yeah, we took down the Marvels and we took down super Girl and yet but no they didn't. It was just the movie going audience for whatever reason, wasn't interested in that particular movie. So that's why I'm happy with this is and anyone. I just feel like two for people going forward and not I'm talking about people that like listen those channels or get really riled up. To me, I would just take that as like, like what am I doing? I think all of us should have those moments where you take a step back and you go, Okay, maybe I'm wrong. Luckily, it's never about stuff like this because I'm not going against like trans people or I'm not racist, like I'm never having this crisis of conscience in my thirties being like oh my god, like like I.
Speaker 1: Had couldn't imagine, yeah, like I have so little stress in your life, that that's really what you're you're focusing your your paying attention.
Speaker 2: Like I had that maybe when I was like thirteen or fourteen, when I said the f wor metagapers be like, oh, maybe you shouldna say that because might hurt some feeling. They go, you know what, as a dumb kid, like, yeah, I guess you're probably right. That's probably the last time I had some and I wasn't even like nope, I'm gonna keep saying it. Iss like you you have you find that perspective early on, and that's where for me, we all have that. I'm talking to anybody out there right that might not be like completely just fucking nuts for some reason they think like, yeah, like I just want to prefer to white actress. And maybe they don't want you know, they don't their biblical beliefs or the beliefs like there, they can't understand the trance thing. But maybe if they're watching these videos or hearing this stuff and then they go see this movie's gonna be one of the biggest movies a year, they go, you know what, maybe this little bubble them in it's it's not right, it's not a correct thing like this is not like, you know, you can argue what's right or wrong, but to me, I just feel like they have to give you a pausitive, like why the fuck am I listening to these people anymore? You know, Like why am I even paying any to if you're not someone that's just like you are self immediately like a racist I'm talking about someone because again, whether where how you grew up or sometimes religious religious beliefs, can you put you somewhere right? I'm sure I can meet somewhere some person in the world where the person's a great guy or great girl, and I could be friends with them, but they might not believe in gay marriage because they're beliefs right, and I push against them. But there's a difference of not believing in things versus like I'm actively trying to hurt those people. And that's the people I'm talking to, the people that if you watch these videos and you are you think and maybe are a good person, but you've fallen into this type of stuff. Take that as a reality check of oh, yeah, this stuff's kind of dumb and this isn't in really good faith and people don't really care about this, so it's like, don't waste your hours watching these videos. And I think we've all, I said, had those moments. So I think this maye me just prove that that minority is again Aline's not real like thing people can say a bunch of stuff, and of course elections bunch of things. Ads. You can use the internet against people in a huge amount. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the internet and the social media is don't worry about absolutely not like for kids' mental health and stuff. He adults at all, like, don't. I'm not just kind of that I'm saying in the movie sphere, I don't think it plays as big as the part as we could be led to believe, you know, yeah, yeah. And then the other thing Matty asked me was about the casting because you haven't saw yet. But the guy that was the main lead for Obsession, he's rumored to be in the Mummy now well not rumored, looks like he's gonna be in there. Yeah, Manny to ask, do you guys think, because I'll speak is uh. Kirkle hasn't seen it. He'll see it before the end of the year because it's gonna be in Golden Geek. So he's gonna have to cross off. But do you think Michael Johnsons simily a recast for the actor who played there so on the third movie, if not any prediction for a kind of role or character he may have. Yeah, I think so. I guess you could make it Jonathan's kid, like the brother he's brother and say it's his kid. But to me, just even look wise, he looks like he could be a mix of them. And when I've seen him for Obsession, he'd be a fucking great like it sucks for that guy who plays this kid, but I don't think in the third movie he was that great actor like he fits the What was great about Obsession is he's a questionable character, but because he plays like a likable like, you want a root for him. Guy. That's what Brendan Fraser had as Rick O'Connell, So you want that. But also the times in the session where he's scared shitless, you want that because that's a great thing about Rick O'Connor. Bren Fraser in that movie, he's scared a lot. He's not just like the the macho take down the Mummy. He kind of seems like a little wolos at times, right, so, and what's funny enough is I feel like in the movie there's a couple, like, you know, minus was sex scene in the movie, but that's the only time. Michael Johnson's like kind of nude and like the guy like they dressed him down, like put him out bay clothing, but when you take him off, he lies like he's like working out. He's in good shape. So it's like he kind of has everything they need. So I kind of hope he is either a recast or like a new son. I don't know. I don't see him as being the Mumm. I think the Mummy you need to go and get like some like very flashy act or like a Willem Defoe or something like that you need to get, you know. I don't look at him be like Mummy. But again, maybe there's a different vibe. But yeah, I'm very excited by that. I'm excited that we're getting some casting for that. So all right, Kirkland, let's fucking rattle these trailers. We got a lot of them. I'm gonna start here, actually, Clay or wherever he asked, He's like, oh, can I add some trailers? Absolutely? Any patrons can, especially patron producers. You guys really funny, top tier Clay. You gotta let me on the discord. Why are you making me watch Fall? Too? Dead point? There's no fucking way I'm gonna search Fall.
Speaker 3: Why I put my foot down.
Speaker 1: I didn't even watch this trailer, and I that reason for it. I was about to I don't fuck with these types of movies. And it's not even just like it's not even just the fact that it's like Heights and whatnot. Like I definitely don't love Heights. I've gotten better with them over the years, but like these types of movies, I feel like they fit the caliber of like what was that Franco movie? He was like fifty hours, twenty seven hours, one hundred and twenty seven hour.
Speaker 3: Like, I'm not seeking these ever.
Speaker 1: If I'm on a desert island and I have option to watch these movies or fucking nothing, just watch Coconuts Fall. I'm watching Coconuts Fall twenty four seven, three sixty five. Uh yeah, torture, porn, those type of movies, like they just they deter me from from what I love movies. But I no way, shape or form I'm gonna ever be seeking these out. Yeah, So I'm the same, Clay, I'm not watching this movie, but I definitely aren't watching or sorry, I didn't watch the trailer. I'm definitely not watching this movie. And the trailer would not have sold me on that.
Speaker 2: I didn't see you log the first one, Clay, So I'm gonna need a full like discords.
Speaker 3: Them on like the radio tower. Yeah right, yeah, yeah, So.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that that it's not it's a new location, new setup. I I appreciate that it's like one on the side of a mountain this time, and then it's like, oh, when you're at this high altitude, you know, little nuts and everything. Yeah, so it looks fine. I'm like, I'm the opposite crooking. We're all watch crazy horror movies and I'll watch torture porn and stuff. But yeah, there's nothing about the First Fall that I think because again, you look at Sauld that's a one location movie. You have to really sell me on the one location like a great concept of great actors, and with Fall one, any fault two, I don't have that. But Clay, that's why I just need to know. I need to know why what is about Fall two? Because all these other movies that you put in here. I can see why. I can see why you want them on our track record or on our radar, or why you and there's one on my radar now, or that why you're interested in them? Right? Well, Fall too, I was like, all right, you scrap in the barrow of this one. Do you know somebody did you work on this movie? Clay? Is that what's going on here? So you know, we'll see what happens. I'm excited. That's what I'm not gonna see Fall two. But I'm more excited for cocktail. Clay's discord post and yeah, joined the discord. We're always talking having a good time. It's free. Don't got to join a patron for that. You enjoin there. It's a great time, great community. Let's go the rivals of the Amza Kid or Amazon King. I was a fifty to fifty on this. Fifty percent of this trailer I liked, and fifty percent of this trailer felt like a fake movie Hallmark type of like, oh this could be bad. I like there's some stuff. I also the impression that Matthew McConaughey is maybe gonna be just like via flashback. The whole time I don't know for sure, but I feel like the real plot line is the daughter or whoever this girl's taking over and then she's flashing back to the past. So I don't know. These are two movies, Clay, I'm tapped in. I'm looking at this stuff. There's two movies here that I had never heard of. This in the wait, I was like, no fucking clue, but this would have to be word of mouth. I do really want to catch up on movies. As I've said before, I hadn't played a game. I hadn't played a game, and whenever I'd played some Bond for side quests that night, but before that was since Star Fox came out so back in June. Movies, I haven't been doing much because I've been doing lots of just editing and doing stuff for GVDA and then editing our movies and stuff. So I'm behind on This is gonna be the least watch movies I have right now. And then like there's times my lunch breaks down and hanging out with the girls and everything, and I'm working and watching movies with them. I had to fucking watch God, what is it Sherlock Gnomes today? I don't know why because we, yeah, we do a thing where every day and someone else's turning to pick a movie. So like it was Gwen's turn and she picked that and she was like, we try to pick movies. We'll all like, you know, I think you could like this, and like it looks kind of kiddy, and she's like, well, we haven't seen it, so you don't know, so like, yeah, you're right, And then we watched him like yeah, that's a bit too bit too kitty for me, so uh it's you lost your yeah kind of, but no, it's fun. They got to sit through eight hours of Kate Crusader on Friday, so you know, that's that's what they get.
Speaker 1: But oh I forgot that's how this week and I'm missing.
Speaker 2: It season two. Yeah, it's kidding. The guy who plays the foot master in the House of Dragon, he's how he's voicing Joker. Yeah, Lar's voicing Joker in the season interesting. Yeah, I think it's a fun pick.
Speaker 3: But I think I can.
Speaker 2: When he whispers a little bit, I could. I can see it. I can see the vision. But uh uh yeah, no, you're finding me these clay that I've never heard of. So this is I want to catch up on movies. This is definitely one though that I need to wait to see like reviews and whatnot. But yeah, what do you think about the King here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought this was an interesting one. I definitely had the feeling that was gonna slip through the cracks and unfortunately not be one that I see, at least right away.
Speaker 3: I definitely had never heard of this before at all.
Speaker 1: It reminded me of like a couple of different movies that I'd seen before, and I feel like all those movies, I feel like I couldn't name them right now, but like I feel like I enjoy those types of movies. So I don't think there's anything in here that really deterred me in the sense of like I wouldn't like the movie. It's just like a priority thing right now, I guess, just just busy summer and then a lot of things kind of on the trap line. So I appreciate it put on the radar for sure.
Speaker 2: What about the weight.
Speaker 1: This is like, it's so funny what you said like about the Clay type of like trailer pitch. This is like, oh yeah, this is Clay type of trailer pitch. It totally reminded me of like multiple other ones that that he's pitched enticing.
Speaker 3: I don't remember the order.
Speaker 2: It's still on my list that I want to watch. But no, I I'm with you this one. Actually, this this is higher on the radar. This one. I'm excited to hear word of mouth for it.
Speaker 1: So absolutely, yeah, this one was definitely interesting by Russell Crowe. Stock has never been lower, I don't think than it is right now. But I was like, Okay, he actually looks kind of an interesting character here, and just like the Hawk Man himself, and I I love Ethan Hawk. I feel like recently the roles that I've seen him in have been like not like side rolls, but like not the main hero role, just a couple maybe antagonist roles, because he's he's the one in the black Mask, right, he's like the black mask guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's in Black Mans.
Speaker 3: He's really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah is it black Man?
Speaker 3: No, what's the black phone?
Speaker 2: Black phone?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's the guy in the mask in the Black Phone movie. And then of course as Arthur I almost said Fleck, but that's not right.
Speaker 2: No, I can't remember what his name is, but moon Night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, moon Night villain, So like that's just kind of what I'm thinking of when I think of him recently. I think there's another project I just saw him in. Maybe not, yeah, maybe not, But regardless, I think this is a cool adventure story. It's an era that I'm not usually watching movies in lately, and I think it could be a really really fun adventure with some stakes to it.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I like the pitch.
Speaker 2: Yeah I did too. I think the trailer showed a bit too much in my opinion, but I get you gotta sell some of these smaller movies. But yeah, I think if this people like this one, I will be checking this one out. There's one where the king ones say, Okay, this could be good, could be not this is like okay, this is you know, this is talking on my red dead redemption type of bone right now. So yeah, I'm definitely, I'm definitely that one's on the radar. So uh, let's see here, idiots. I will not watch this movie.
Speaker 3: I agree. I will not watch this movie.
Speaker 2: No, I did. I had seen just some images of it because I saw the trailers out there, and I don't me wrong. I like Dave Franco and there's a lot of people tutorshipkas In your like, you know, Peter Danklic so like there's things to like in here.
Speaker 1: Peter dk I saw him, I'm like, what the fuck is he doing in this movie? Like this like just arguably one of the best actors around right now and he's in Idiots, But okay, maybe.
Speaker 2: It's a dynamite script, right maybe, Yeah, I don't know this. Dave Franko, this is the most he's ever felt like his brother.
Speaker 1: I'll say I was gonna write it was like another Franco brother roll, but they're like, oh, I can't get that guy.
Speaker 2: So yeah, because I actually feel like James Franco and Dave Franco don't feel too similar as actors, like they're comedic, but they don't have that. This was like I felt like I've seen Franco, like James do this type of role. I'm gonna say it better worships this and I don't know it just maybe it's a movie that it's more funnier in the movie and on the trail, but this trailer did not make me laugh and just kind of felt like we were talking about dum dumb in or earlier when King Jim Carrey is like, oh, you want to hear the most no noxious sound in the world. Like I don't say the train was that, but it just was like, I don't want to get this down.
Speaker 1: It seems like it's gonna be that in the movie when the movie actually comes.
Speaker 2: So maybe maybe it's uh again, I've seen bad traits. May people recommend it and I'll happily be wrong, but this trailer did not make me. It's off the radar, far from the radar.
Speaker 1: Me's and Thames too as the role who's like, he's just like the shithead sun or whatever.
Speaker 2: Working for me.
Speaker 1: I really liked him and how to Take a Dragon, and then I see him in this I don't like.
Speaker 3: I don't think this is.
Speaker 2: The least cast in my opinion. Yeah, I know him from Your Being a Black Phone. He's the lead in the Black Phone movies with Ethan Hawk and he's really good those and yeah, there's just something he was like, I'm not buying you this way yet, And again maybe I'm wrong. You know, maybe i'd watched Big Oh he has that gear, but I just I don't know. Something about it just felt uh off. So we will see Jumanji.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we just talked about fucking Dwayne the Rock Johnson.
Speaker 2: I should have led it with that, so you put that in the kind of but too bad, man, you go first, I gotta pull something up. Man.
Speaker 1: Indeed, if I speak, well, I'm about to. Uh Honestly, I like the Jumanji, like the new Jumanji movies enough. I think the first one is probably my favorite. I haven't rewatched them in a while, remember, like, Okay, that would make a lot more sense then, So I.
Speaker 2: Think for the Rock Ones, there's only two. I'm not on the wrong William Ones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought there was a third already.
Speaker 3: This is the third third? Uh Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like those movies enough.
Speaker 3: I think they're fine.
Speaker 1: I thought the second one did enough, like a good enough job as a sequel to like just completely redo the same thing, like having the different people like Danny DeVito.
Speaker 2: The first or the second Rock One the second?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, when I when I talk about first and second right now, it's just the Rock one.
Speaker 2: You're fucking like, yeah, the second ones, and then you're like, wait a.
Speaker 1: Second, Yeah no, But I like I thought, you know, they're not just completely rehashing their evolving and this one is doing that again. I think this is like the least interested. I've been in all of these. I imagine I'll still see these. I imagine I'll have.
Speaker 3: A good enough time with it for sure.
Speaker 1: It Yeah, I think there's some fun to be had with them, like kind of defaulting to their generic settings, but then they just like go back in the video game again, and then it's just like they're they're in the exact same situation. So I thought they like kind of had me in the open world setting and then and then it reverts back and I kind of kind of lost me a little bit. But I'm sure I'll see it at least on streaming bare minimum. But yeah, my, my overall interest on these new Jamalji movies is kind of the lowest it's ever been.
Speaker 2: Let me pull you up the shot here just saying it in the you listen to me, Oh, I guess I should full screen it just so you can't get that the full backgrounds on these characters and the clear location that actually.
Speaker 3: Listen to me, Oh yeah, I see it.
Speaker 2: Like we can't even we can't even just have these people go to a real side of the road somewhere like that wild.
Speaker 1: They're in the They're done the rock Johnson's backyard right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my screen over there, I fill my temnomy. Fuck man, Yeah, this is not like a franchise I hate right now. I'm sure people might think, because I feel like a lot of people dog on this and might think I'm one of those who think it's like Minecraft. No. I remember the second movie, the first AWAYN. Johnson movie, the second movie, How a Fun Time with That was a great concept when Okay, this worked. I really don't remember that third one much. I remember seeing it, but it felt like already it was a returning diminishing or what am I thinking of here? Return? Yeah, a law of diminishing returns. Yeah, that's what I'm looking for. Right. I was gonna say dimission goods, which still works, but I knew what was wrong, but I already felt like, Okay, we've played it out here, but those we just kept making money, so they clearly gonna make another. This already feels again more like like you said, oh, we're doing something new, and then we go right back to everyone's in a game, and this time, okay, Kevin Hart's a kid and Rock's a lady, and all right, sure, it is kind of crazy to see Alex Wolfe still doing this, Yeah, I would have thought after Hereditary his crew is gonna go different way, which is just so crazy though, right, like I guess I know it's not a horror Well no, it's it's a horror movie because I was gonna say, right, and I'm not saying it's the same way. But you look at David Johnson. He has a good career. He has two I say, big performance now a long walk in the island. But still we talked like after Alien, everyone's like, oh that fucking guy. Right, I'm not saying people did that with Alex Wolf, but still like a lot of people like, man, Alex Wolf is really good in here. He has to do a lot of stuff. It's crazy the t rerectory. Some careers can go right where Dave Johnson I feel like, gives like one to two all star performances and like now you're fucking black Panther, and now his life could be made. As long as he's good. That guy's gonna be having fucking one hundred million dollar mansions in twenty years. He could be like down and being like, hey, you want me to come back, He'll give me fifty mills. He could be, you know, living that career that Shadwick was gonna live right, and then you got Alex Wolf was just like still playing like fifth Banana the Rock here and he's screaming for his mom and he's I don't know, our age older. I don't know. It just was weird to seeming like this. But I don't know. If I see this theater one, good luck to them. This has come out the weekend after Doomsday and Doune three. I know it is for family markets, but still I think there's also just like families will spend money on Doomsday and I'll be like, we've been in the theaters a lot, let's not go I've not seen I don't think the kids have seen age imogies. So I think I'm gonna have them the Rob Williams ones Oji and than these two, and they like, you know, they like the rock. They'll probably get they like Jack Black two. He's in a bunch of stuff. So if they like this, I would wouldn't I'd be down to take them in the theater and go see this is gonna be a fun time. So it looks like more of the same where I think that first movie did have something a new fresh coat of paint. That paint is kind of rubbing off now, and I think it's like chipping and stuff. So you know, there you go. I'll start with this one because I'm sorry I put this in here. It ends I had nothing to say. I've heard buzz about it looks like it could be a trippy movie. But I think this is one of those movies that I bet there's lots of stuff they don't want to reveal, and lots of just like pacing in the movie, that I don't want you to guess. And I feel like it kind of makes like a bad trailer and not exactly that. But I remember I made the first Adreaditch Chrome trailer. I didn't we didn't want like the full plot out there. So it's like, okay, we only have a forty five minute movie or forty nine minute movie. What do we show that doesn't give that allway? I don't know how long this is, but that's what this felt like, where it's like, all, we gotta we got a great concept here, but how do you show that off? Which you know, maybe these are the trailers, but this, at least with a Drennick Grolm, I could have some other stuff. This was very much like I don't know, it didn't sell me, but I've just heard good things about it, so I put it in there, Neil, And they've been making a lot of stuff we like lately, so but after watching the trail, I'm like, oh, I bet this is one where Kirklam's like, why this? Why did you fucking make me watch this? I don't know what to take from this.
Speaker 1: You know, thought I was watching the wrong trailer at first, and then I mean there's a lot of like quotes and whatever. The funniest one that that got me just chucked on was like.
Speaker 3: It's gonna make you question your entire existence. And I'm like, okay, okay, settle down there.
Speaker 2: It does matter.
Speaker 1: No matter how good this movie is, I doubt it's gonna make me question my own existence.
Speaker 2: But we just talked about the honesty, right, some people might question their existence.
Speaker 3: That's very true.
Speaker 1: Actually yeah, I mean I don't know any of these people. It seems like more of like a indie type film project and like cool, like like there's not it's like a gravity situation right where there's like just Sandra Bullock, just George Clody. That's the entire movie, Like that type of flight where it's like very low like locations wise, not a lots revealed, which is probably for the best, but like you said, I think it just equals a bad trailer. I was like just so like done with it, but then by the end of it, I'm like, Okay, maybe maybe I will watch this after some word of mouth, like if it is really positive, but they clearly didn't sell me with the trailer. I think it's to choose your life, though I can't even say it's an interesting concept because I don't even know what the fuck this movie even is, but yeah, it's gonna change my life.
Speaker 2: I think that's a tough thing too, where it's like there's that line of like you don't reveal too much, but then if you don't sell people on what it is, they'll just forget that about it and move on, right, And that's where I felt like with this one that maybe pops up in streaming or something and I hear enough good things from people I know, then sure, but I think this will be gone for me in a couple days. You know. Sacrifice, I'm Tanajoy. She's leading the call they kidnap Chris Evans. He's an actor. I think this looks like this could be maybe an unrated hit for the year or like that, like twenty to thirty Row Tomato. I was like, Oh, have you seen this movie? Oh no, I haven't. Oh don't worry. It's fucking awful. I don't know what to take from this one. I'm intrigued, though, I would I this is a movie though that even if it was rocking the twenty to thirtyth like, you know what I'm gonna I'm gonna take a look, you know, Andoy's umbo volcano. She's got AK forty seven something about it. But I think it could be a mess as well. So we're trailer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a very weird trailer. For some reason, I could not find like an English version of this trailer. I don't know what the fuck was.
Speaker 2: I found after a few searchs I had to search English specifically.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, yeah, I didn't do that.
Speaker 1: I just watched a couple of videos. I realized they were like all in Russian, and I'm like, is this a meme? Like it is Travis just fuck with me here, Like this has gotta be a real movie. This is Chris Evans, Anie Taylor. I watched the trailer all in Russian. Nobody, what the fuck's happening? Uh, definitely cool like designs, I guess, and outfits and whatnot. And I do really like Anya, but I never even saw the gorge, which I feel like, that's good.
Speaker 3: That one was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm interested in that one. That was Anya, right, Onya. And yeah, Miles, yeah, Miles, that's right.
Speaker 2: It's good until it gets a little like they look they go pretty hard in the CGI.
Speaker 1: But yeah, okay, uh so, yeah, I don't really know how to talk about this one because I saw the Russian version of the trailer. I don't know why the trailer was so hard to find, but I guess it wasn't. I just didn't really search that hard. But still I searched up Sacrifice movie.
Speaker 2: Should be right there, just put English, and that's how I know.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to do that. I was like, I got fifty five more trailers to watch. I'm gonna just move skit.
Speaker 2: Out ale on over match Box the movie. Yeah, you know, we got Barbie, we got other stuff coming. How do you feel this?
Speaker 3: This movie?
Speaker 1: To me, man, it looked like the visual equivalent of just like eating boiled chicken. With no salt and pepper at all, and it's just like.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be I think you're being generous.
Speaker 1: And nothing in sandwich and like, yeah, I don't know this. It did nothing for me at all, Like, like, do you.
Speaker 2: Like the way they try to work in the matchbox ip? Like when we were kids, we used to do this and they keep referring back.
Speaker 3: To and it's like hotel on the credit thing and I'm like, yeah.
Speaker 2: It's based off the match box toys.
Speaker 3: This is the car thing to do with the fucking movie, Like I don't know.
Speaker 2: The main characters played matchbox cars as kids, and that's how they're gonna drive. If I watched this, Oh fun when he said that to you, I.
Speaker 1: Would forget this entire movie in like seven days, like less than probably.
Speaker 2: Where when he said the match I was so out. I was like, get the fuck out of here? Are you fucking kidding me? Yeah? I can't even drop the interesting because like it wasn't even interesting. It was just I I've said this before. I don't get it how And then a few exceptions. Apple TV right now is known as like for TV, they're the hot shit if you want the best TV shows going on right now, like as a whole network. It's Apple TV right now, you know what it was, Bay Margo, Silo's there, Morning Shows, Great Severance. There's a bunch of other shows, right, Kate Fear and like their movies are just so bluh, you know, they're just like it's not there. So it's just it was weird when I saw this, and it's also where too, And they went to the credits and I guess that's just the state of her career now. But when they did the you know, blah blah blah blah blah, this happened, and then it's like John Cena and then last picture goes Matchbox, Like, wow, Jessica Bill doesn't even get a credit now, hey, Like she was such like a big like when in the early two thousands odds for people that weren't growing up at that time. If you were to like see like hawk Girl posts on early MySpace or Facebook is either like do you like Scargo or do you like Jessica Bile. It was always out too like she had that motion. I was like, she didn't even get like a co star credit. So I hopefully will never watch this movie ever, But you never know, do you like seeing seen in stuff? So another another another place special here by any means bye? They Mark Wahlberg, Yeah, yeah one, Oh.
Speaker 1: My gosh, okay, yeah, I was really interested.
Speaker 3: I mean I feel like I am interested in this too. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sure, big movie screen or like a mystery movie night. I bet that's that's what this screams.
Speaker 3: That's what this that's what this felt like.
Speaker 1: At times, I thought they were gonna go like the exact same route as the Black Clansman like movie. Like I thought it was gonna be like the exact same movie, like they're talking about like pairing them up with someone. Uh, And I'm like, oh my god, like like they actually gonna do this undercover inspired by True Story or whatever the hell it's called.
Speaker 3: And then we see this.
Speaker 1: Character and I'm like, there's no way that's Mark Wahlberg, Like that can't be Mark Wolmer. And they zooming on his fucking face and I'm like, man, if I ever watched this movie, I don't think I'll ever be able to look past that nose, Like I'll just be so distracted watching the movie. I never got used to it at any point. It's a choice for sure, maybe like the real life guy had that just ridiculous nose. I think you could just do Mark Wahlberg without the nose. I don't think you need to do that.
Speaker 2: I sometimes get it if it's like a very very very famous celebrity, you know, like everyone like everyone like hated bohem Rhapsody when they gave Rammy the fake teeth, right, But it's like, well, Freddy was known for the teeth, Like that was the thing that he was known for, right, So it's like I get him might look a little goofy on Rammy, but it's like he's one of the queen Like Freddie Murker one point was one of the most recognizable people in the world. So it's like this makes sense for this guy, this story. And the problem is the way this trailers may almost happen. This does not feel like a real Is it a real life story?
Speaker 1: I thought it said like inspired by true events or something.
Speaker 2: Okay, it doesn't feel like that. This feels like super Hollywood eyes.
Speaker 1: So yeah, this is I think I'd have to hear the word a mouth on this one and really sell them on it. But because there's some there's some interesting things in here, for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think For me, I think it's a could be a decent to good movie, but I think the trailer is badly cut. I think it just feels like it's like a cheap like straight to DVD two thousand sort of thing, right, and then also not just because the nose, I see, like Mark Wahlberg is really miscast when they're doing him as like this badass and like he's the guy, It's like, no, man like especially now like you're trying to like I think they're trying to have him beside yah yah and like, oh, Mark Wahlberg, he's the He's when you gotta look out for. It's like, no, it should be the other way around. Like obviously Mark Wohlburg can't be black, so that's not it. But I would just be like in the situations where Mark Wahlberg is more like he's a detective but he doesn't want to get his hands a reedy yah Ya screams that more than this guy. Yeah, I think Mark, you do to me, this could may work better with a different actor. In my opin, I don't think Mark Wahlberg matches the the vibe that they're going for with this one. I'm not I don't buying at all, So I don't think, uh, I don't think I'm seeing this one. I'll see that one. Sorry, Clay, I hope hopefully you're not too excited for it. But Carrie TV Show, do you have any history of any of the Carra movies? Obviously classic for Stephen King, they're making a t show with the great Mike Flanagan, Haunty Hillhouse, Haunting, a Blind Manner, Midnight Mass.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, doctor, the story of k Fuck you're ringing my bells right there.
Speaker 3: I know the story of Warhammer.
Speaker 2: He's writing Warhammer.
Speaker 3: Oh fuck, you got me?
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, I know the story. I haven't seen any of the projects. I think it's just the two, right, like the classic movie and then the Chloy Grace.
Speaker 2: Technically there's three because they made a sequel to the Carry one, the o G One that had really nothing to do with the book, if I recall.
Speaker 1: Okay, uh, But honestly, this was kind.
Speaker 3: Of intriguing me.
Speaker 1: I thought, I thought, like the trailer was really good. I liked what was shown. I like because this is a series, right, it's not a movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, seriously, and I mean.
Speaker 1: Especially knowing that you just listened off like planning again the Creds. Yeah, yeah, and like I haven't seen those haunting in Hill House. I got to do mid I Mass though, Like that blew my mind when I watched it, Like just so well made. Uh, and I mean give him a horror series, Like I totally trust this guy to be able to cook. And I really like this trailer.
Speaker 3: I thought it was good.
Speaker 1: I feel like, especially it being a series is a good way to kind of tell that story in a palatable manner. Yeah, like all the hitting beats, Like I feel like I kind of know everything that happens, just because I do know of the story of Carrie. But yeah, even knowing all that, I was still intrigued. And I don't think I've seen this girl in anything before.
Speaker 2: It seems like a lot of new people, which makes sense. It's a young school, right, so Apple, is that what this is on Amazon? He jumped he jump ship, but nefa, I don't know what happened. I guess they just were I couldn't agree on pricing or whatever, because yeah, he had a contract there and he did all the shows with him. But yeah, he did this and then wasn't joking. He is writing the Warhammer Henry Cavill series now so he's he's an Amazon guy. Now there you go. Yeah, I'm very excited. This is one of these things where I know I was like, oh, why are you doing carry again? I get said that most sign by with Flanne again, I trust, and I do think there's something with Carrie as a series you could it which flan again will do. I think you can really get into nowadays because also you had the Chloe Grace Moretz one that was in present day. But I think you can really get into cyber bowling and how that works with the alllind sphere and how it's like a whole nother thing you can't even tackle right, like it's hard to just like keep around. So I think there's gonna knowing Flanning, and I think he's gonna do something different and unique with this, but say true to the source material. So I'll be there October seven. I think all the young actresses look good. They got I can't remember her name at the girl. A woman that's playing the mother is just gonna fucking kill it. She played like the terrible Nun in Midnight Mass. She's playing Carrie's mom, who's like she's like, uh, you better not do like She's very much like, uh, I hate having a daughter. Yeah, so it's like, oh, you know that she's gonna what a compliment, like, oh, I know you're gonna play this piece of shit. Well, but no, she's very talented. So no, I'm I'm I think October seventh, great time. Drop it in the early months of October or the early weeks of October. I think that's always smart. When he got some of these shows like oh the last week Halloween, it's like, no, man, like have some other stuff going on. So no, I'm I'm very excited until I'm not until I get let down. And I haven't really been let down. I've been underwhelmed by only one series. That's the only one series on Netflix that didn't get like a a second season, but another fucking one. He did. What's that mirror movie you and Taylor like Oculus? Yeah he did that too, man, Mike Flannery, he's great seen that. I never have it as a WD movie too, So maybe one day all right, last trailer and then Maddie did ask us to rank im, so we're to try our best, which fucking sucks for me because I just leaded them all my notes, so I'm gonna try my best just rifle them off of my head. Onslaught September fourth. This is the one that there's three soldiers made in a lab. They're all like Jason Vorhies types. You Gotdrea Arona as the lead. Here, you got Dan Stevens as the evil scientist Rebecca Hall. Apparently he's playing his Dominatrix. Looking like a wild movie. But does it look like a movie you're gonna see Kirkland?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: You know it?
Speaker 1: Does this looks like a fun time in theaters? I'm expecting here's the thing. Yeah, well we'll see. We'll see about around that.
Speaker 2: If the boys aren't seeing why do you say, like Gandolf and Froze asking questions on the way to like beg at.
Speaker 1: You he answering riddles to be more ambiguous than I normally am. Yeah, like I do like everything that's shown here. I feel like my big, my biggest like question on this movie is like, how can they sell me that these fucking soldiers do not just mark this child like like? I feel like they they're just they're Onslaught, They're like unstoppable. You're kidding me, Adriana, I don't. I don't, like, there's no way, there's no way it's gonna be able to defend from these guys. They just seem like they're super soldiers. They can't be stopped.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they always be Jason right, there's always some weakness in these movies, so it's true. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So that's like my only pushback, which is like nothing to say about the quality of it. Like, I think it does look pretty fun and like intense, Like it looks like an action movie with some like horror elements too, which is a fun balance.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I I think if I don't see in theaters, I can like safely say I will see.
Speaker 3: This at some point.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I it would really depend on if we're gearing up for a review, and if there's other interests on it with the boys.
Speaker 2: Wow. So speaking of other interest I don't got that photo but that one that goes around that I've been using lately of it's like Odysseus when he looks back to go talk to a job, not that one, not that one. Odysseus when he goes talk to John Legozamo. It's like if you ever send this to the boys that knows you're locking the fuck in. That's me an Onslaught. I really like the first trailer this one. I was like, Okay, I'm fucking in barring it. You're getting torpedoed for reviews. I'll be seeing this in theaters, Like I said, if it's rocking on night's thirty to forty, I'll there's gonna be no GV review. The trade didn't they get me that much. But I like Adam wing Guard's work, especially his younger work or his earlier work. I guess younger work still, but like the guest, I love Dan Stevens gonna be playing this role. This just looked like I love the world building. The only thing I'd say against it, which is not against it, but man, someone really cut this trailers like try and make it like twenty eight days later they had like the like the Onslaught will happen. They had like that Radio call did not reach that hype for me, but I this did a much better job of just giving me a greater scope. And I was like, Okay, I think this could be a big sleeper hit movie, or it could just be one of those that's like a Cycle Killer, right that all this trade is really good and I get it. I'm like, oh, rough time, but this trailer, it it locked me in, and I'm really excited. I have more faith in this in Cycle Killer. This says a lot more of a pedigree as far as the people in it. But it just reminded me too a lot like if you were to tell me Kirriculum that Kajima was making another Mantle Girl soul game and this was the plot or something similar, I was like, you know what, I could buy it. When they are just showed like just certain flashes and stuff, I'm like, this feels like weird shit that would have male gear of like, oh, sorry, snake. These three soldiers are heavily advancing.
Speaker 3: Is one of the soldiers?
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. It's big and you gotta you gotta protect this girl. So I think it felt very Hideo Kajima, which I enjoyed. So yeah, consider me locked.
Speaker 1: Hell Yeah, okay, what about the Children of the Blood and Bone that you want?
Speaker 2: All right? I deleted that accidentally. This is one I wanted to get more into, but we don't have time because we've already hit three hours. Classic PERP voice cast the writer came in a couple of weeks ago and says that they want nothing to do with this adaptation. They want their name taken off of it. They unfold, they blocked a few of the cast members h and and all, yeah, yeah, you look it up. And all I can say is they're talking about this global phenomenon. I thought this trailer was very find of meant it's tough because I could see this train that I get that there's probably a lot of lower in this book and they're trying their best to shove it in here, right, so lots of lower, lots of black pantherisms. I'd say the style phenomenal cast when they show that cast is like stacked. But then I saw one thing, do you know what I saw, Kirkle That was like the tell point of like this is not a good time. When they gave me the date and it's a January twenty second or twenty seventh, I'll say five percent of movies when they released in January. January is known as the dumping ground in Hollywood. You know why because everyone spent their fucking money during Christmas and that's why if you look at there's no massive, big hit movies. There's a few of them, I think, like Taking came out on January and that's where people felt like, oh that or even John wikettson of those where people though, oh, this is gonna me shit. January is like, uh, and why if this wassed to be this big tent pole franchise, are you releasing it then when it's still like in the few weeks after Doom and Doomsday where they'll still be making money. Or even Jamanji, So that right there told me everything I need to know of Oh, this probably turned out to be a fucking disaster and that's why. Also the artists was like to the writers, like take my name off this. I want nothing to do with this yet. Yeah, when you talk about trying and find the full quote, but yeah, this trailer just looked like a bad time could be in so but also it could be like a so bad it's so good tech a watch, you know.
Speaker 1: So I think there's some stuff in here, like as the trailer was going on, I think the lore stuff more than anything.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like bring back the magic in there.
Speaker 1: I didn't know it was a book that makes sense with just how much law and stuff is in here.
Speaker 2: The quote was she felt like she had been hurt and attacked behind the scenes, wanting to separate her name from production, and then she sent this. Uh. She shared a screenshot from February twenty five showing a harsh message from Amandelis Stalberg. Don't ever use my name in an interview or video again. Do not text me, do not call me. Which Amma Stalberg or Stanburg. I'm saying you gotta be careful. I really liked you in Bodies Bodies, but like between Accolaide and now this not great. So yeah, I guess some stuff went down here and the writers like, yeah, fuck, this movie has nothing to do with my books.
Speaker 1: Spicy Yeah, yeah, I mean I probably won't ever watch this, let's be honest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll leave it there.
Speaker 2: Yep. Terms of rank and excitement, this is a lot, man. I know you didn't know how many trailers we have, but we got a lot of trailers.
Speaker 3: Now I put the ball.
Speaker 1: I'll put Fallout or Fall two at the bottom, So I didn't watch that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, put fall two and then I'm gonna put the what was the it ends? Yeah, it ends, it ends, it ends it. Yeah. Well, because he said in terms of excitement. It's always that caveat right. So I would go Fall two and then idiots, because I'd probably still rather watch it ends because maybe there is something interesting there. We're idiots. I think I know what that movie is. And then I think I got the Amazing or I probably got children in the Bone here blood bone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, children yeah, And then I got I'd agree with.
Speaker 2: You, maybe the Amazing King one.
Speaker 1: I'd probably put match Box here.
Speaker 2: Oh right, match Box. There's so many trailers. I gotta go a Patreon. I gotta I gotta see these all. Oh god, that was ass.
Speaker 1: I'll put sacrifice next because I got the Russian version and that definitely right.
Speaker 2: I would put by any means, and then sacrifice. I'd still rather see sacrifice, but than by any means, and then by.
Speaker 3: Any means next, after after.
Speaker 2: That, and then we got wait Onslaught and Carrie. I would go, I would.
Speaker 3: Go, did you do the King one?
Speaker 2: Yeah? The King? The King would be next now after I put the King after match Ball. Wait, no, no, I put match Box, Like, this is not the list, I ask match Box. Yeah, it's late three hours. I mean I watched it. It would have been Matchbox. And then the fucking Mark Wahlberg movie, and then The King, and I'm gonna keep going because I'm on a roll. Sorry it was it was match Box by any means, Sacrifice the No No No, The Kane King Movie, Sacrifice the Weight looks interesting, Carrie and Onslaught number one.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll pick up. I'll pick up where you were.
Speaker 2: With The King. So what did you think of Let's just review the whole transagain. All right, So Jimanji open were all there, dude, Jamanji would go like, I think above where I had the by any means, the Mark Wahlberg really bugged me in that trailer, so I'd put there because maybe because maybe that's just dumb fun Jamon, you were like the the Yaya movie could be like, oh this sucks because it's like a very I I like, I'd rather take the bad family movie versus the bad drama movie.
Speaker 1: In my opinion, I'd agree with that for sure. Yeah, okay, I'm gonna where am I.
Speaker 3: Heir, I'll go match Box.
Speaker 1: I'll start there where you were at, So I think I think beyond that we were pretty much similar.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Match Box by any means, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, personally, I hate that title to anything. You say that sounds like it's you know, yeah, I'll.
Speaker 3: Do the m Zaia King next. After that, then I'll do Jumanji.
Speaker 2: The Waight.
Speaker 3: And on oh and then carry then on Soot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm happy with that.
Speaker 1: That's all I do.
Speaker 2: There you go. We did it when longer than its lot as usual. But like I said, it's it's Comic CON's spider Man's fault. You know, usually we wouldn't give the Perk Boys a big main topic like that, and well the Rocks usually find to be a main topic, but Spider Man. I also didn't think we'd spend it. We spent a full hour in Spidey. I think that was gonna happen. But that's what you get here best, the best here at Geek For us, we will be back myself, Dylan tab will be back tomorrow with X Men. You got bread and butter coming your way that's Spider Man related, and then Spider Man brand New Day this Thursday, Live Friday postcast feeds. Promise when you hear from us next it will not be boring.
Speaker 1: Bye assassssssssss