Speaker 1: It's nice eyes. I'm going Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All right, So we're talking about polls, okay, And i'd love to know what you see in the polls. I'm seeing some things. And if I were a Democratic pooh bah, I'm wondering if Joe Biden, if the Democrats made a mistake getting rid of Joe Biden. That's my theory. That is my theory, and I'd love to hear from you on this. I'm not trying to predict a winner, but because it's impossible to predict a winner, but I'm looking at I'm looking at a lot of polls. And I'll talk to Dave Paleologus about this tomorrow night. We had some Spencer Kimball on tonight, and we'll give you some Day Paleologus tomorrow at nine o'clock. We'll also talk tomorrow night with a real estate expert about the difficulty of selling houses that have a reputation of being haunted, kind of doing this in advance of Halloween, or houses where a tragedy of some sort for that matter, or murder occurred. I believe that there are now obligations on real estate agents to disclose facts that might convince or dissuade someone from purchasing a house property because of something that may have happened there that people would be uncomfortable with. So that's tomorrow night. So what I'm talking about is polls. Do you believe the polls? Do you not believe the polls. The polls say it's going to be a tough right, It's going to be a close race. But it's apparent to me that somehow Donald Trump, against what I thought was reality, has hung on. And it's apparent to me that Donald Trump, one week out has a real shot at being returned to office, something that after January sixth, I thought was totally foreclosed. But there's something about it now. Maybe the American people are just upset with the promises unkept by the Biden Harris ticket. Remember when Joe Biden ran, he was going to unify the country, he was going to bring us together. It's a great piece that Jeff Jacoby wrote today about how the Democrats tried to do it with President Obama to unify the country were unsuccessful.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 2: The language that has been used by both of these candidates, both of these candidates, has been divisive and it's almost it's almost a tit for tat argument. Well, he said this about me, therefore I'm going to say this about him, or she said this about me. I'm going to respond in kind. I also want to throw out the question, how could the Republicans be so stupid and how could the Trump campaign, more specifically, be so stupid to allow that comedian who I had never heard of. And I'm not an expert on comedians, but anyone who had heard that comedian tell a joke about the island of Puerto Rico. First of all, it wasn't funny, It didn't draw it didn't even draw a chuckle from the audience. So anyway, those are some of the questions I want to talk about, and I hope you do as well. And if there's issues that you'd like to raise, that's what Night Side's all about. Say, let's stay on presidential politics and let us go first off to Dave and Norwell. Dave, welcome back to Night SAG.
Speaker 4: Go right ahead, Hi, Dan, Dan, I gotta I got, I got a few numbers that I want to go through with your your with your audience. Doernald Trump was bankrupt four times before he became the apprentice.
Speaker 2: Everyone knows that.
Speaker 4: Okay, and then he was bankrupt two times after Okay, again we've lost count.
Speaker 2: I've lost count. But but I think all that's baked in, Dave.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, No, it absolutely is baked in. But people people, people are just like they think that he's this great business person. He isn't you know? His his financial game plan for this country is not a very good one. I mean, there's what was it, sixteen Nobel Laureate economists come out and said that his his plan is not good. And and I'm not depending on those sixteen Nobel laureates to to make my decision. I'm making my decision on being a sleuth investor for forty years. The guys are disaster. He's gonna hell. This country will be so bad. Everything that he says about the country is what.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let's do this. Let me do this. Okay. I know how you feel, and I understand how you feel as good as a well as opposed to making a speech. Tell me with everything that you're going to tell me, which is going to be you're going to say nothing positive to me about Donald Trump, which is fine. You're going to talk about debate you're going to talk about January sixth rightfully, So you're going to talk about business failings rightfully. So you're going to talk about the comments that some of his former aides, General Kelly et cetera, have have said, rightfully. So, Okay, why is it that it looks as if he has a very good possibility, if not a probability, of being elected president a week from tonight.
Speaker 4: Because he just you can't you can't decipher what comes out of his mouth is truth, fiction or whatever? And that rightfully, So.
Speaker 2: There's another there's another one. So you've laid on another reason for me why he shouldn't be president. There's twenty reasons why you Well, I know you can, you can cite chapter and verse. Why is he then this close to winning the presidency?
Speaker 4: Well, apparently like men don't like to vote for women.
Speaker 2: Do you really think so?
Speaker 4: Well, that's kind of like where all the polls was saying. We're talking about polls.
Speaker 2: And do women? Do women not like to vote for men? It's a jedder gap. The Republicans have always had a gender gap. I remember hearing the gender gap with Ronald Reagan in nineteen eighty four. Well, there's a gender gap. More men of voting for Reagan than women. There's a gender.
Speaker 4: Gap, and that's that's a different time. You're talking about a guy who starts about throwing out the constitution.
Speaker 2: Yes, so now you've laid another thing on there. Okay, so we got a guy who who's thrown out the constitution. He probably marches around in the privacy of his bedroom wearing a Nazi uniform. Whatever you want to say to me, Dave, tell me anything you want. He beats Melania. Whatever you want to say to me. He's this close to becoming president, to becoming president. Again, explain that one.
Speaker 4: How about the fact that Kamala Harris is ten times more confident to do the job of running the country.
Speaker 2: No, you're running. You're under estimated that day. No, Kamala Harris is at least thirty times. How come?
Speaker 4: How come?
Speaker 2: Dave, with all of the facts that you've given me, here's the one question you're not going to answer. You can give me. Do you want to give me ten more facts? I'll give you another minute. Give me ten more quick facts.
Speaker 4: On why Kamale should be president and not not Donald.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I mean tell me to tell me that that Trump, That Trump has boxer undershorts with Confederate flags. Tell me that that he goes and he kneels before a picture of Robert E. Lee every night in the privacy of the Lincoln Bedroom. Whatever you want to say, say whatever you want to say, I'll come. Donald Trump is this close to becoming president, then.
Speaker 4: I you know something because so many, so many people have apathy and and and apathy.
Speaker 2: Have you seen have you seen the crowds?
Speaker 4: That's not apathy?
Speaker 2: You know, Mike Dave, Dave Dave, who has apathy? Trump supporters don't have apathy.
Speaker 4: The the the actually, yes, they are his supporters that have apathy. They don't you know when you when they when they interview people at Trump Trump Trump rallies and stuff like that, those people don't know what They didn't just spewing off whatever they want off the So.
Speaker 2: Now you're going to insult. Now you're going to insult all the Trump voters and tell me, tell me they're idiots. Why don't you tell me all the Trump voters.
Speaker 4: Are idiots because you know something.
Speaker 2: But that's just what you said.
Speaker 4: Come on, for every person from the top of the food chain to the bottom. Okay, every single one.
Speaker 2: Doesn't sound like it.
Speaker 4: I know, I really do. I care about everybody from the top to the bottom. Richard.
Speaker 2: You just told me they have apathy and we're about to You're telling me we're about to elect to add off hit that that's really what you want to say.
Speaker 4: Go ahead and say, well you said it. I'm glad you didn't. I didn't have to.
Speaker 2: No, I'm you're saying that. I'm giving you the opportunity say what you want. That's what it's all about. But my question, Dave, remains, in spite of all of this, In spite of all of this, this is like you telling me that the quarterback for the Patriots has never thrown a touchdown pass. He's never won a game, he said, twenty five interceptions in the last two weekends. The Patriots have lost every game for the last five years. He's still the quarterback. How is that true?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: I mean, I know you believe everything that you've just said, and I respect your beliefs, but you do not want to engage the possibility that this guy might be elected president. And even if he's not, he's gonna come damn close.
Speaker 4: Well, you know you know something, you know, Dan, I I I am not a Republican. I am not a Democrat, but independent.
Speaker 2: You're you're right in the middle. I know that, Dave. You're you're an average American, right in the middle.
Speaker 4: I know that, right and and I and I try to vote for what's best for everybody. I mean, I you know, of course, I'm going to vote for what benefits me. But I don't want to see I mean to put.
Speaker 2: Him because you're an average guy.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 4: I get too many people ringing the fire alarm about this man, and and and and it's this half of the country saying everybody's full of crap. I mean, you know, ten of its former people that work.
Speaker 2: So you've thrown another thing again. Dave. My question to you is this. You won't answer the question why so close to the presidency. So I'm going to ask you one question. Tell me the last Republican you voted for for.
Speaker 4: President George Bush?
Speaker 2: Which year?
Speaker 4: The first? George Bush?
Speaker 2: The first? So there was nineteen eighty nine or eight?
Speaker 4: And I actually yes, And then I did you vote for his did you vote the first round?
Speaker 2: Did you okay? So now you voted for George Bush over Al Gore?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, I was a huge Republican up until the second term, you know after that.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, so hold on, so let me just get this. Okay, So you're the average guy. You voted for John Kerry, you voted for President Obama twice. You voted against Mitt. You didn't vote for Mitt Romney, you didn't vote for John McCain. Those are moderate Republicans or more moderate Republicans. No, and I would you voted for Hillary. You voted for Hillary Clinton. Uh, you voted for Joe Biden. And you're going to vote for Kamala Harrison. And you're kind of a middle of the road guy.
Speaker 4: Okay, fair enough, I'm wicked in the middle. I mean, I totally.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, you're so close to the middle. Dave, come on, come on. You voted for Kerry, you didn't vote for McCain. You didn't vote for wrong. What's wrong with McCain? What's wrong with.
Speaker 4: McCain was inheriting U a bad financial policy.
Speaker 2: Yes, I gotta go to break. My producer Dave's telling me we gotta go to break.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Nope, you didn't take up too much of my time. You you were a perfect called to start this hour.
Speaker 4: I still don't have an answer for you why.
Speaker 2: I know you don't know, and I'm sorry to bed with that, but that's that's that's the answer. You're maybe not as close to the middle of the road as should think. That's the answer. Thanks, Dave, have a great night. Coming back right after this on Nightside.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan ray Mine from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: So if you're trying to get through without success, try six, one, seven, nine, ten thirty. That will get you in the line. And I'm going to get to you. No one's going to get the amount of time that Dave got. So let's keep rolling here. Going to go to Samuel in West Roxbury. Samuel, welcome next on Nightside.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I want to yeah, I want to talk about your election interference. What's going on right now?
Speaker 2: Tell us you.
Speaker 3: Which I think, which I think, which I think is going to throw the poles off. In particular, I want to talk about do you know what's going on Virginia in the Supreme Court?
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm aware that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, well, well you know that the the what the the Biden the Biden do oj and uh was that the legal women voters sued Virginia to keep uh UH to keep the legal immigrants on the roles.
Speaker 2: Well, explain, let me explain this so people know exactly what we're talking about. In Virginia, they went to clean the roles and they found some people who had been registered to vote after getting drivers licenses, but the individual had declared they were not citizens. So the law in Virginia gave those individuals who were losing their status as voters and an opportunity to correct the record, to go into the registered motor vehicles or rather go into the uh into the city of town hall and explained that they had misunderstood the question. They were in fact citizens and that they could the name could be would not be taken off the voter rolls, and the Democrats in the well in the department of the same because this is happening within ninety days of an election. Obviously elections only a couple of weeks away. When they started to do this was with the four days. But I don't know, it's a huge number of people. I don't think that we're talking about wiping a half a million people off the voters voter rolls. I think it's a handful of people.
Speaker 3: Samuel, Well, well, it's Virginia is we're going to the Supreme Court, But the DOJ is suing other states too for the same reason this ninety days.
Speaker 2: And what happens is the Court is not going to take up all the cases that it will then consider the Virginia case and whatever decision to make in the Virginia case.
Speaker 3: But I guess point I'm gonna I'm gonna make what the what the Supreme Court says is it may decide. The election polls are no polls.
Speaker 2: I don't think so, because I don't think that in any of the states that I know of, and again I stand to be corrected, in any of the states. It's that the amount of people who have either inaccurately or accurately got registered to vote, even though they may or may not be US citizens. I don't think we're talking about a huge number of people. That's all I'm saying, Samuel, I wasn't sure if you were talking about the ballot boxes which were burned up.
Speaker 3: In portable Well, Well yeah, that too, But if I talk about that too, then I'm talking eight minutes like previous.
Speaker 2: No, you're not No, you're not because I don't know. I don't know who the They haven't made an arrest yet up there. And there was two ballot boxes, one I think, in which they said they were three ballots that were badly burned, and that the other ballot box a lot of ballots were lost. And they've invited anyone who had actually requested a ballot and who had filed that ballot in the ballot box that had been burned, they could they could come and get a fresh ballot and actually cast a vote. So there's an effort to mitigate the damage up there. Let's see what happens. Let's le let's not assume that it's going to be rigged. Let's let's assume that the election there will be instances where people will vote and properly. Samuel, you know that as well as I do, there'll be one hundred and whatever it is, eighty million, sixty million, seventy million people who vote, and you know, let's just make sure that that the election is run as well as it can fair enough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I definitely don't like the dooj getting in on this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, let's see, that's why you have a Supreme Court and the Supreme Court is I think six members of the Court or seven members of the Court have been appointed by Republicans at this point. Let's see, Let's see what the court does and call me back. Keep on top of it with me. Okay, thank you much, appreciate it, have a great night. Let me keep rolling here, going to go to You know, I'm not going to short change anybody where at six twenty nine. If the news rather we're at eleven twenty nine. If the news is ready, let's take the news. We'll come right back. I got Paul, Mike, Tom, and Dave, and I'm going to ask everybody to kind of pick it up a little bit. I went way long with Dave from Norwell, but at this point the only line that's opened is six one seven. Will be right back on night Side.
Speaker 1: It's night Side with Dan Ray on Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go, going next to Mike and Plymouth. Mike, I did want to short change he couch you for a couple of extra minutes, but you're in the air with us right now.
Speaker 3: Mike.
Speaker 2: Welcome.
Speaker 3: Appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Dan.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Dan.
Speaker 7: As an attorney, I hope you can appreciate this. I think I have a theory on why Trump's still hanging around and while Kamala has dropped in the polls recently.
Speaker 4: My theory is.
Speaker 7: That, as you know, in elections are very similar to trials, and that they they criminal trials, and that they depend on persuasion. Both sides have to make an argument to persuade a jury or the electorate to vote for their side. Yep, it's pretty well accepted in criminal trial work that when the defendant goes first in a closing argument, the prosecutor goes last. They get to be the last person that speaks to the jury. That's a tremendous advantage in trial work, and it's.
Speaker 2: Also that's the way, that's the way the system is set up, as you.
Speaker 7: Know, right exactly, because the party with the burden of proof gets to go last. That's a tremendous advantage.
Speaker 4: But it's also pretty.
Speaker 7: Well accepted in trial circles. And I say this from an experience having been a trial attorney for over twenty years. When the prosecutors, after the defense makes their closing argument, when the prosecutor starts their closing argument by attacking the defense's closing argument, it's a sign that they're behind, that they're running behind, and they're worried. They're worried about the case. When a prosecutor makes an argument starting out with how they're evidence proved the case beyond a reasonable doubt, they're more confident in their own case. It's pretty well accepted in trial circles that when they start attacking the defendant's argument that they're worried and they're running behind, they're worried that lost the jury already. I think that's what's going on with Kamala's campaign, is that they're runner scared. They're running scared of Trump because they can't talk about their platform. All they can do is attack Trump's.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think also that they're concerned when you look at the polls that Trump is either tied, slightly behind, slightly ahead in different states, and at the same time, in both of his races against Clinton in twenty sixteen and Biden in twenty twenty, Trump was substantially behind, and obviously he came back and won several of the blue Wall states Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania in twenty sixteen. And I think they can heard about that, and I think they have right. They have reason to be concerned about it.
Speaker 7: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 7: It's just my observation that I think they're spending more time attacking him than they are talking about her platform, her policies, and I think that if they had any they'd be talking about them, but they don't.
Speaker 2: Trumps, tell me, tell me, tell me if if if I'm right or wrong. I assume that as a as a defense attorney, but also as a prosecutor, you try to read the jury and you try to figure out, you know, which jury. So in effect, the public is the jury here of Harris versus Trump, or Trump versus Harris. And if the polls are coming back as close as as they seem to be, the argument is that there's a hidden Trump of vote out there that no one who's voting for Harris is unwilling to say to a pollster, I'm voting for Harris. But there may be Trump supporters out there who, for whatever reason, are hesitant to say I'm voting for Trump.
Speaker 7: I would agree with that, and I think the reason that there are those independents that are leaning towards Trump is because he's got a policy on the border, he's got a policy on the economy, he's got a policy on foreign on foreign policy and Tarris, and we haven't heard any They haven't heard any of that from Kamala. All I've heard from Kamala's campaign is that Trump's a fascist, he's a racist, He's a threat to democracy. But they haven't been able to talk about their plan for the company and how they would move.
Speaker 2: Together. How surprised are you that that he is this close to winning election? If for in terms of where he came from, meaning after January of twenty twenty one, I really thought that he was done. I mean, I've underestimated him on several occasions, I felt and I was asked in October of twenty twenty who was gonna win, and I said, I thought Biden would win. I don't have that same feeling right now about Harris.
Speaker 7: Right exactly. If you look up the word if you look up the word resilient in the dictionary, there's probably a picture of Trump there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Phenomenal.
Speaker 7: The way he's they called Clinton the comeback kid. This guy is just unbelievable. Is the way he can. He can not only mobilize the base, I mean, but he's clearly reaching independence somewhere. Because even if he even.
Speaker 2: If he doesn't win, even if he doesn't win, the planet was trying to make two to my guess, to my call to day for no, even if he doesn't win, the fact that he's coming this close a week out, obviously we won't know who wins until the votes.
Speaker 8: Are counted exactly.
Speaker 7: And that's what the Democrats are scared of. They can't believe it's this close. They thought Kamala was going to walk away with it.
Speaker 2: Kamalama. We got to get the name wrong, Kamala.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry, all right, No.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it. No, I know that.
Speaker 7: I respect candidates, you know, candidate in my mind by any means.
Speaker 2: Neither com explain to me how they could have let that idiot comedian comedian on stage at Madison Square Garden and in South the entire.
Speaker 4: Part I have.
Speaker 7: I wish I could give you an explanation. I know I've heard that they vetted him, that they vetted what he was going to say and took some profanity out of his his his routine. And my only other explanation is that he had lived that on his own and no one knew he was going to say that. That's the only explanation I can give you.
Speaker 2: But you should not put someone up in that sort of a venue. I mean, if you put up someone who you trust, there are comedian out there. Look, I just think that that was tasteless. And uh it was. You'd almost wonder if the guy was a plant from the Harros campaign. That's how bad it was.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 7: It was pretty bad. It was pretty bad. There's no time for It's.
Speaker 2: All right, Mike loved the calls. Keep calling the show. Okay, thank you.
Speaker 7: Much, Thank you, dem that great one.
Speaker 2: Let's keep rolling here. Going to go next to Paul in South Boston, Paul and SEALTHI you're next on Nightside. How are you?
Speaker 6: Oh Dan, I'll be quick. But you mentioned about that comedian. I don't blame Trump for that at all. No, And the guy was he made a joke. I mean, he didn't do it out of being mean spirited, but that's my opinion.
Speaker 2: Well, how could you say was in mean spirited when he's going to say this? This is We've all heard the story. We've all heard the story about how that, at different times during the year, there's an island of garbageloating floating somewhere that out in the ocean, and I think it probably gets swallowed up by the ocean, which is sad. And to him to say, yeah, it's called the island of Puerto Rico, I mean, how how much more insulting could he be? What about if he said it about I don't know what your background is. Your name is Paul from Southey. What about if he said, yeah, there's this country it's called that's out there in the North Atlantic. It's called it's a it's a it's a garbage, it's a floating garbage. It's Ireland. You know, I don't know if you're Irish. I'm Irish. I'd be pretty insulted by that.
Speaker 6: But I guess I'm just saying I've here. I've heard comedians say the most outlandish things in my life.
Speaker 2: And no, absolutely, But but you don't say that. You don't say that while you're up there. You know, a week and a half whatever it was, nine days before a presidential election. You're up there, whether you like it or not. You're up there as part of the campaign and for the for the Republicans to have any concert. You ever hear the guy I've never heard of the guy. I don't know whether they found he wasn't funny. He wasn't funny, No, I know that, But some knucklehead in the Trump campaign put him up there, like I mean, look there, there's there's a hundred comedians, you know here in in in Boston. Put up put Steve Sweeney up there, put up there.
Speaker 6: But what I wanted to I wanted to say before I let you go. Okay, you know, you know I like Trump. You've known that for a while.
Speaker 2: Ye sure, a lot of people like Trump.
Speaker 6: Okay, and give me a reason why you think I should ever vote for Kamala Harris.
Speaker 2: You should. I'm not going to tell you who to vote for.
Speaker 6: I'm not going to No, No, I said for someone to tell me why I should ever? Why should I ever have to vote for her? When she's the cause of the problems in the country. She's one of them, you know, of why why people are voting for Trump? The open border and illegal immigrants and and sanctuary on the issues.
Speaker 2: Look on many of the issues, I'm going to agree with you. All I'm just saying is that that that The point I was trying to make is that Trump had an inability in his first term in office. He could appoint people who were loyal. But the people who were loyal, like his his third press secretary of Scaramucci whatever his name, was, incompetent, and he could appoint people who were competent, but they weren't loyal. Maybe you know, President Obama, whether you like President Obama or not, appointed people like Susan Maries, Valerie, Jared Eric Holder. Those people were totally loyal and and they were he he knew who they were, They knew who he was. They were loyal. Name me, namely five people in the Trump orbit who were both loyal and competent. I couldn't come up with many many, So so there's a there's a character of judge, a judgment question there that that I think you got to consider too.
Speaker 6: And one more thing. I'm a registered Democrat and last time I voted for a Democrat was Bill Clinton.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, and but uh, but but the fellow who was on first day from Norwell, he had a tough time remembering him. He was telling me he's a moderate, but he didn't vote for Mitt Romney, didn't vote for John McCain. You know, you voted for Hillary Clinton, voted for John Kerry. Is that is that the definition of a moderate. I don't know. I don't think so. All right, Thanks Paul, talk to you soon. Great keep calling. Thanks, have a great night. Coming right back. I'm getting everybody in if you're in the line right now and getting you in, I promise. If you're not, I got one line open six, one, seven, two, ten thirty. Coming back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: Now, back to Dan Ray live from the Window World, night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, getting everybody in. It's gonna be tough, but we will. Okay, David san Antonio, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Dan, go ahead, Dave. I have to say that the lawyer gave you the reason why she's she's losing the uh why why why Donald Trump is winning, But he didn't give me everything. The media is, uh, they're not, they're not. I don't watch I don't like watch the Live Tea any anymore. Most Trump supporters don't pay attention to any of those networks. And uh so they're not gonna win us over one way or another, you know. And uh, of course they lie. Well all the way. We've had so many lies in the media has been sicking. So there's the media and the fact that she's been there three years, and she keeps on saying she wants to do it change, a change from from what she's doing already.
Speaker 9: Is that what it is?
Speaker 4: She doesn't want to say that. It's uh, it's not clear at all. She's simply uh, you know, not well.
Speaker 2: I'm beginning to I'm beginning to wonder at this point if Joe Biden might have been the better candidate for the Democrats in the long run.
Speaker 4: He's got dementia. Dan, I'm telling you he's got dementia. He wouldn't have been able to hold the uh, the campaign trail.
Speaker 2: Yep, we lost, Dave. We didn't hang up on you. You must have got excited and cut yourself off. But I got your points. Glenn and Stowe. Glenn in Stowe, Massachusetts. Next on nightside, Glen, go right.
Speaker 8: Ahead, Dan, it's Len actually without the G.
Speaker 2: But that's a went okay, that's that's the first mistake of the night.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, Land, minor mistake we've talked before. I'm going to give you some reasons why I think Trump is popular. And I'm speaking obviously, you know, coming as a as a Democrat. Uh, several reasons. You know, politics is an emotional business. You know, people will respond and they vote by emotion, not by reason. And there's several things here going on. I think one is, you know, people see Trump, you know, as being wealthy, which and they associated wealth in this country as being as somebody who was smart. You know, it doesn't matter, you know, whether Trump declared bankruptcy six times or made stupid business decisions, or he got.
Speaker 2: The same wealthy guy get turned out of office in twenty twenty, doesn't what happened in twenty twenty undercut your argument here.
Speaker 8: Well, you know, maybe people you know saw the light at that point. But you know, I'll give you some other reasons why. You know, he's made a resurgence. In addition to the wealth.
Speaker 2: He basically assembled a mob on January sixth, which I think was against his political interest. He should have just done the right thing and said but despite all of that, despite all of that, he's he's close to winning this thing.
Speaker 8: Well, there's some other reasons too, you know. Okay, you know, people consider him a celebrity because he's been on television and I and I think that just about anybody that's run for office that's been either on television or in the movies has gotten elected. You know, Ronald Reagan being you know, the classic example. But you know, people, right, president.
Speaker 2: A great president.
Speaker 8: Well that's your opinion. We could have a discussion about that later on, but.
Speaker 2: You tell you find me a better president in the second half of the twentieth century. My friend, okay, he broke the back of the Soviet Union, and it was because of him that the wall came tumbling down.
Speaker 8: Well, it's tumbling. It's ben't some tumbling down until to w Bush, George.
Speaker 2: It came tumbling down in November of nineteen eighty nine. It was the groundwork that. Yeah, but whatever, Okay, well you.
Speaker 8: Mentioned the whole big debate about that, because.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm not going to do that, not at this late hour. No, I'm not. Fred Thompson was a good example of it, of a well known actor who didn't.
Speaker 8: Do well, I'm sorry example. All I'm saying is, I'm just saying that if you're a celebrity and you've been on television or in the movies, you know those people have gotten elected. So you know, I didn't need to get onto a Let's find Steve.
Speaker 2: Steve Garvey is running out in California is a Republican nominee for Senate. He's not gonna beat He's not gonna be the next senator from California. I think there is an advantage to it. But anyway, that's I got three more I got to get in here, Lenn. I owe you more time, and I wish you'd call more often.
Speaker 8: I will, I will, And there we get into a debate about Ronald Reagan later on.
Speaker 4: I'd be happy to do that.
Speaker 2: My friend. I would be happy to do that. Thanks not just sued bye bye. Tina is in Norwell, Tina, You're a late caller, but I'm gonna get you and go ahead, Tina.
Speaker 9: So I have to I have to say I have definitely a different side of the coin opinion. The people who are saying that Trump has has policies and she doesn't makes me a little crazy because I've seen him stand up and say he has concept of policies but not really policies, and I've heard her policies and herd heard her talk more about it. And I also have to say that Trump is the king of just saying it's not my fault. And I think the whole they the a Canadian who is at his at his rally yesterday or the day before. I mean, he's got to take responsibility for it. And I've never seen so many people who have worked for the guy, for somebody and say that they are not fit for offices. They're dangerous. I think we need to listen.
Speaker 2: All of those things you just you just articulated are all true. So how is it winning?
Speaker 9: I have no idea. I gotta say, I don't think people are listening rap quite honestly, so many of the calls have just heard. They're just ignoring it.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, don't don't under underestimate different people have a different view. We need to be a little kinder to the people on the other side, is all I'm trying to say, because if not, we're going to with you.
Speaker 9: I'm with you. I just do hear some people that don't seem to be listening, and then if people have an argument, then I'll listen. But I see a lot of oh, that's not the comedian is not his fault, it was somebody else. They planted it. They just knock it off to somebody else's responsibility. And so I understand people have different views, but I don't know how people aren't seeing it.
Speaker 2: Do me a favorite TEENA call more. I want to talk to you more. I mean that honestly, Please call earlier. I take people as they come in, come in the door.
Speaker 4: I got it.
Speaker 9: Thanks for taking the car.
Speaker 2: I got it. You got more than two cents. Thank you much. Let me go to Mike and Boston. Mike, I want to get you and John and Boston will always cause like go ahead.
Speaker 10: Mike, Hey, Dan, thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 2: Thanks you got to be quick.
Speaker 10: I'm not a I'm not a Trump supporter at all. I think he's he's a convicted felon. I think the comedian that was on on last night, he should have come out and apologized and said that although he said he didn't know him, he didn't know what he was going to say. But I guess the man was vetted and he should have come out with a leader and said that was wrong what he said, and he apologized to the people of Puerto Rico and a Puerto Rican descendant.
Speaker 2: He could do that tomorrow. I mean he could he could now realize. I mean, I can see that he might have been backstage and didn't hear what the guy said it was not a fun joke the crowd. The crowd didn't even respond. There was no laugh. I mean, it wasn't the guys. Guys seemed like a stiff to me. I'd never heard of him apologized at some point. I think I think if he apologized, that would be the smartest thing he could do. That you've given him good advice.
Speaker 10: I don't think he would ever apologized for anything. I just think he's I I think the problem was. I think the reason why it might be getting closes because people still believe what he says is make America great again. People from the sixties and seventies, the old white man. I just think that people feel that Trumpet's going to make it so you can go to get a high school education and then get in achieve the Avemerican dream. Well those days are over, okay, Okay.
Speaker 2: Well again, I don't think you've give me the answer, but that's okay. I got to run because I want to give John about ten seconds. Okay, thank you very much. That's always going to get Thank you, Mike, John, you got ten seconds. You're on the clock. You always call it.
Speaker 5: Hell, dude, I just want to say I'll just say, getting John the reason why no one, anyone should vote for mister Trump. During mister Trump's presidency, the federal budget deficit went up around seven trillion dollars, and Nikki Heally was saying this, but nobody wants to know that. So, like he says on the show, mister Trump, you're fired.
Speaker 2: Okay, why good enough? That's it. We're done for the night. John. I've got to call in bluel. I don't know why you like to call it so late, but I'll give you more time if you call it earlier. Oh, thank you very much, Dan, Great job tonight, Great job Marita. All dogs, all cats, Oh pets go to heaven. That's my pale Charlie Rayes, who passed fourteen years ago in February. That's where are your pets are who passed. They loved you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. See Ginnemore night. I see you on Nights Out with Dan ray and Facebook in about two minutes