Speaker 1: Five minutes after good afternoon. I'm John Caldera in for a vacationing Mandy Connell. Give me a call three oh three, seven to one, three eighty five eighty five. So I've had this brilliant idea. The NFL is all about equity. You see them talking about diversity. You see it on the helmets, you see it on the sidelines. You see all these little slogans. Well, that's that's wonderful. That's wonderful. They have rules such as, if you're going to hire a new coach, you have to have to interview a coach of color. That's right, you have to. You have to look at someone who is a minority to be your head coach. It's it's the rule. Even if there's no one you want to hire of color, it doesn't matter. So my thought was this, you know what, if the NFL truly leaves in diversity, then it should have some sort of racial goals for who's on the field, that is their team. Every team should represent the same percentage as as the American society. You know, maybe in Denver, since it's for Colorado, we take with Colorado statistics and we have to have X number of Caucasian players. The next would be what like twenty percent Hispanic players and maybe seven percent black players. That would be the way, that would be the way we should we should mandate it. Hollywood has something called diversity writers. A diversity writer is a contract writer that says, if you're going to do this movie, and you want me to start it, you're going to have to hire so many minorities throughout the entire process. Means we need a certain number of minority makeup artists and stuntmen and line producers and gaffers and lighting guys and sound guys and prop masters because we want to we want more equity. Well, since the NFL seems to be buying into that every place but on the field, my simple suggestion is they do it on the field. There has to be a racial proportion on the field that matches American society at large. How could you not support this idea? What are you a bigot or something?
Speaker 2: Three?
Speaker 1: Or three seven to one three five? Let's go to the phones. Hey, Mike, welcome, you're with John Kelderol Well, Mike, you.
Speaker 3: Can hear me, I can hi, So you know, as the topic of equity comes up, and actually I like the idea of people reimbursing for they're paid education when they make a ton of money.
Speaker 2: But today.
Speaker 3: Equity is not equity. It's the reinvigoration of segregation. It's let's be different and be called out separate. And I think it's the worst movement. It's more divisive now than it's ever been because it's segregate us and let us blm all these things. Let's be different and be called different and be separated. That's what is brewing.
Speaker 1: So I believe identity politics in America is the most dangerous social movement of our time.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, that.
Speaker 1: We have a society that we have built over the course of two hundred and fifty years where you are who you make yourself, that you come from, wherever you come from, and through your talents and yes, a certain amount of luck, you create your own biography. And you're not your skin color, you are not your genitals, You're not what you think your genitals should be. You are what you create yourself. And identity politics turns that on its head and says, no, you are your skin tone, you are your genitals. You are what you do in bed. That's who you are, not your accomplishments, not what you create. It's this, and furthermore, we will give you extra societal prestige points depending on how many victim boxes you can choose. So if you're a woman, you can say, oh, I've been discriminated as being a woman, but I'm also a black woman. Oh that's good. Then it's two. Well I'm a black woman who's a lesbian, Well that's three. While I'm a left handed black lesbian. Well that's four. Well I'm also in a wheelchair. Well that's five. And what you end up doing is people's status increases by how much they claim victimhood, rather than your status increasing by your accomplishment, by what you've created, exactly. And I just find that fact that to be so un American and so dangerous and so cancerous to the human soul.
Speaker 3: Amen, we have a society where you can work hard and do whatever you want and stop using your race as a crutch. And actually it's only aggravating whites at this point because of exactly what you're talking about. And you know what, you have the right to go out out and work hard and do what you want and exactly make your biography about what you do and.
Speaker 1: Not your crutch, so right now, mind you, that doesn't mean we don't work to make sure everyone has a shot at writing their own biography. It doesn't mean we stand for anything that puts hurdles up in front of it, and we've got a history full of hurdles. But to turn it into say you are, imagine what that does to a poor child's mind. You go, you are a black kid, so you're already born a victim, and it is so systemic you have no choice but to embrace your victimhood. What exactly the hell does that do to a child's soul, to their self esteem, to their sense of self, to their ability to self direct a life. It is sick. It is child abuse.
Speaker 3: And who wants to be granted a job based on affirmative action. You weren't the best applicants, you weren't the best resume, but we had to talk to you and we got to do something now.
Speaker 1: And yeah, it's imagine going, imagine going to your black doctor and going, hmmm, are you here because you're good? Or is it here because you're your skin and color?
Speaker 3: And that exactly that.
Speaker 1: Only perpetuates racism. All right, thanks for the call. We're on the same page. I appreciate it. I say we we demand parody, equitable racial parody on the Denver Broncos team, and then we'll see how they do tomorrow. I'm John Caldera. Three oh three, seven to one, three eight five, eight five, keep it here. You're on KOWA eighteen minutes after good even good evening, good afternoon. I'm John Caldera. All right, I I enjoy I hate to say it, watching Saturday Night Lives Weekend Update. They're socialist hacks, I get it, but they're often pretty funny and I enjoy it and tuned in to watch it. Sad I watch it on YouTube, and I watched it and something really struck me. The host of the fake newscast did one of his fake stories, and then he went into a joke about the killer of the United Healthcare CEO. You know this terrible assassination that happened in Manhattan just a little while ago. And what was weird about it was he put up the picture of the killer and said the guy's name. But before he could get his joke out, the crowd erupted in applause. Let me say this again. The crowd erupted in applause and excitement in what I took as support for this murderer. It was really perverse. So let me see if I can play this this FORO. You listen to it as he as he finishes one joke and then he's gonna go in and go to the next one. This last joke has Trump and Musk and P Diddy in it. Let's listen in.
Speaker 4: Luigi Mangi, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Definitely woo.
Speaker 4: You're wouing for justice, right, Luigi Mai dropped his extradition fight and was flown.
Speaker 1: From all right, let me let me just do that one again because I just found that so bizarre and weird. You you hear the crowd's reaction as if, you know, as if some famous star just sat down next to him and you know, and they were all excited. So Scarlett Johansson happens to be the guy's wife sat down next to him. I'm sure the crowd will go, wow, look this is someone we love. Yay, And that's exactly what I heard from from this. Let's skip through that part here. Oh what did I do? I hit something else? Good? Gosh, good, golly, miss Molly. Anyway, that's what I found so very bizarre. Let's see I can do this again.
Speaker 4: Here, Donald Trump get re elected president and Elon Musk appoint himself co president. I listen to this next year, next cheer. Here we will see all three of those guys. Atl's fifth anniversary.
Speaker 1: That's funny, all right? Here comes the what it got me?
Speaker 4: Luigi Mangione?
Speaker 1: Drop? What what was that? What was that? People are screaming in support of a murderer? Does? Does that not scare you? Let me add to this. Here's an AP story. Most Americans blame insurance profits and denials alongside the killer in the United Healthcare CEO death poll fines. Here's the story from the AP. Most Americans believe health insurance profits and coverage denials share responsibility for killing of United Healthcare ce although not as much as the person who pulled the trigger. According to a new poll, What upside down Bizarro? Violent world? Are we living in? The health insurance companies are responsible, but not as much for the killing of this person whoa But it just gets weirder. In a survey from narc at the University of Chicago, about eight in ten US adults, eighty percent of us said the person who committed the killing. This guy named Luigi Mangione, the person who committed the killing, has quote a great deal or a moderate amount of responsibility for the December fourth shooting. Xxcuse me, I've seen the videotape. This one individual pulls out a handgun, shoots this man several times in the back, and he has a moderate amount of responsibility for the shooting of Brian Thompson. And then they go on. Despite that. Some have cast Luigi Mangione, the twenty six year old suspect charged with the murder, as a heroic figure in the aftermath of his arrest, which gave rise to an outpouring of grievances about insurance companies. Police say the word delay, deny, and depose were scrawled on the ammunition investigators found at the scene, echoing a phrase commonly used to describe ensure tactics to avoid paying claims. Is this how we deal with things? Now? This is a outburst, a temper tantrum, going after a single person for for costs of health care? Might I try something else? The cost of healthcare has been piling up ever since Obamacare. Obamacare causes health insurance companies to be smack dab in the middle of what they must cover and what they cannot cover. And if somebody shot Obama in the back and the ammunition casings said deny to pose and delay on it. Do you think that guy would be getting cheers. No, he'd be condemned the way he should be. This is truly perverse. Help me understand it. Three oh three seven one, three eight five eighty five. I'm John Caldera in for Mandy. Keep it here, you're on cue b bump, bump, bump bump. I'm waiting for this to turn into something. Oh, Van Morrison, there we go. My favorite concert film is The Band's Last Waltz, and Van Morrison plays on it and he seems like a real jerk. Neil Young plays in that concert as well. I never really liked Neil Young, and he had something hanging out of his nose for his entire performance, so I just couldn't watch anything other than that. But it was the best concert film ever. Oh the Band. Hey, I'm John Caldera. Give me a call. Three or three seven one, three eight five eighty five. I just gave you the poll numbers that eighty percent of Americans think that the killer is moderately responsible for the killing. Oh my god, no wonder we're so messed up when there is absolutely no accountability for personal actions and that when you have a disagreement, you can just go ahead and shoot somebody in the middle of the street. Remember when Trump said, Hey, I'm president, I could shoot somebody in the middle of the street and still have immunity. And technically he's right. While he's president, doesn't mean that there won't be a political fallout and doesn't mean he won't be arrested afterwards, doesn't mean he won't be impeached and removed. But here people are happy that this CEO is assassinated. I played for you a clip from Saturday Night Live when the weekend Update guy merely put the picture of the killer on and said his name, and the crowd went wild, like like they just saw Eric Clapton walk on stage. All right, let's go to some phone calls. Three h three seven to one, three eighty five, eighty five, Hey Van, welcome.
Speaker 5: Hi John. I agree too that it is absurd that we think the killer is not responsible. It made me think of when there's a shooting with the gun gun control people point to the gun to the gun seller into a gun manufacturer as to blame.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the same sort of craziness. Listen to this from the AP story. About seven in ten adults, seventy percent of us say that denials for health care coverage by insurance companies or the profits made by health insurance companies also bear at least quote a moderate amount of responsibility for the man's death. Younger Americans are particularly likely to see the murder as the result of a confluence of forces rather than just one person's actions. This is terrifying to me. This is terrifying that we have raised our kids to believe that people aren't solely responsible for their own actions. But there's some sort of societal justification if if you don't like the company you're doing business with. I help me, help me understand this. I mean, this is this is when I say terrifying. I'm I'm not over saying that for for effect. When people think, oh, yeah, he's you know, he's mostly responsible for that, but the guy's own company is moderately responsible for his death.
Speaker 5: Wow, lack of personal accountability is touching all aspects of our lives.
Speaker 1: And I hate to say this, but I I know it to be true in my bones. There are single payer healthcare advocates, government controlled healthcare advocates who are rubbing their hands at this murder. They're going here, we go just as we planned. Because what happens is they create these laws that make private businesses look like the bad guys. So they put in they put in Obamacare takes away pre existing conditions and using Medicaid money to do this, forces insurance companies to accept all this stuff, which means it's going to cost us a lot of money. And therefore, who's going to get blamed Not Obama, not Congress, not the government for creating this system, but the healthcare companies, which are now basically just utilities run by the government. There's no not that big of a difference between United Healthcare and Excel Energy. They're basically close to monopolies, and it's created by government policy. Now, if these people who are pulled we're more economically and politically intuned, maybe they'd say that, yes, the shooter is mostly responsible, but Obama deserves at least a moderate amount of blame for this. None of them say that it's the company. Let me give you one more case in point Colorado has something called a hospital bed tax. We never got to vote on it, so they call it a fee. By calling it a fee, Sorry about that van who lost you by calling it a fee. People didn't have to vote on it. So when you go to a hospital, you are paying an extra tax when you stay over at a hospital. And this tax, which they like to call a fee, is used to pay for Medicaid for Obamacare, so your cost at the hospital goes up. But by now, listen carefully, this is right. So you didn't get to vote on this tax increase. The Colorado legislature passed it. Governor hicken Luperter signed it into law, knowing full well it would never pass at the ballot box. And when you get your hospital bill, by law, they cannot line item that tax. So you're looking at your hospital bill and you go, man, this is expensive and there's nothing that says yes, this five percent here, that's a government tax that you didn't get to vote on. No, there's nothing there on your invoice. By law, hospitals need to hide this bed tax in your bill. They cannot line item it. Instead of mandating that at be there, they mandate they hide it. So who are you angry at and you get out of the hospital and the cost is outrageous. You look at the bill. Who do you get angry at. You don't get angry at the Colorado legislature and the single payer advocates there and the guys who want government control of healthcare. No, you get angry at the hospital, but they're not the ones that cause that increase. So you might go out and assassinate the head of the hospital instead of assassinating the politician who made it happen. And no, make it clear, I'm not advocating that, but that's how devious, deceptive, duplicitous big government progressives are. And it's not by accident, it's by plan. And that's why I say there are people rubbing their hands together in excitement about this murder because their plan is working. People are frustrated with companies that are just doing what the law requires them to do now instead of those who passed the outlandish laws. You remember, though, don't you, that Obamacare was gonna save you money. You remember the great promise of if you like your health care provider, you can keep your healthcare provider. If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. And we are going to make healthcare what what's the magic word affordable? It was called the health Care Affordability Act, the American health Care Affordability Act. Wow. So not only are people just delightfully ignorant of why the costs are so high, but this has been staged in such a way that you get angry at the companies, not the bureaucrats, not the politicians who create the system. And now seven and ten say that the insurance companies bear at least a moderate amount of responsibility for this murder. Younger Americans are particularly likely to see the murder as a result of a confluence of forces, rather than just one person's action. Let me continue from the ap story. Americans under thirty are especially likely to think a mix of factors is to blame for Thompson's death. They say that insurance company denials and profits are about as as responsible as Thompson's killer for his death. Remember, these are the people going to be taking care of you in the home. Americans under thirty are likely to say the insurance company is as responsible as the guy who pulled the trigger. No wonder they love gun control laws, No wonder they want government control of everything. From birth until death, because individuals are not responsible for their own actions, that the company this guy worked for was as responsible as the murderer himself. Now I get it. Every generation thinks the next generation has messed up values. But these are dangerously messed up values. Three h threety seven one three eighty five eighty five seven to one three eighty five eighty five continue on young people reading from the ap story. Young people are also the least likely age group to say a great deal quote great deal of responsibility falls on the person who committed the killing. Only four in ten say that. Sixty percent of people under thirty don't believe that the killer has a great deal of responsibility for the murder he committed. No wonder, no wonder that people in the studios watching Saturday Night Live's Weekend Update when they saw this guy on the screen cheered in crazy excitement. Yeah did you hear that? How else do you explain that? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely wo you're wooing for justice?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: All right? You know, I get a late night parody show is made to have off color jokes. I'm not I'm not making anything about that. It was the reaction even before they heard any joke of seeing this guy's picture and the excitement that they have for him. It's bizarre looking at a protester holds up a sign awaiting the arrival of the killer for his arrangement at a Manhattan criminal court, and the sign says innocent and proven guilty, saying that he really didn't do it. Other ones holding up signs that say deny, defend, depose. Yeah, just so you know, your healthcare costs are gonna go skyrocketing now, insurance companies, maybe they'll pay out more. What does that mean that you're gonna get charged more? What I love about the left, What I truly admire about the left is how long term oriented they are compared to the right. The right sees victories in terms of the next election. Hey, Trump won We he's gonna solve everything. Oh no, he's not. Even if Trump was as powerful as a king in four years, he is not going to reverse the course of eighty years of a socialistic torrent coming down since FDR. You're not going to in four years be able to undo the societal change and the governmental takeover of nearly every aspect of our lives in four years. But you know, people think that, and that's it's a good start. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy, But the left thinks in terms of decades Obama passed Obamacare. They're not stupid. They knew full well it was only a step towards single payer, government run healthcare Allah Canada. It just takes time, and they keep pushing, and they keep pushing, and now the architects of that plan and looking at this going here is our useful idiot, as good looking young man who kills healthcare executives because they're parts of the evil private healthcare system. It couldn't be working out better for healthcare socialists who take the very wonderful long view of societal change three or three seven to one, three eight two five five seven to one three talk and am I wrong on any of this? Is someone brave enough to tell me that, you know, really, the healthcare companies do bear irresponsibility?
Speaker 5: Here?
Speaker 1: Can can you make that argument coherently? And if you do, if you believe that healthcare companies deserve responsibility partial responsibility for this cold blooded murder shooting someone in the back, then will you use the same logic and say that governmental mandates in insurance cause this murder too, or is it just one of these things. You see it the way you see it, and you'll never never change. We are on a path to government controlled healthcare. We basically have government controlled healthcare. It's just that it is contracted out to a handful of companies. Think about it in Colorado. Colorado's mandates are so terrible and it is so difficult to do business that insurance companies keep packing out and leaving. They keep going, No, it's not worth the trouble, it's not worth the mandates, it's not worth the price. We can't make money here, so we're going to go someplace else, which means we have fewer companies, less competition, and your healthcare costs go up and go up and go up. Same thing is happening in California. The mandated payouts are too high. Companies cannot stay afloat, and they find it cost effective to stop to stop doing business, so they leave, which only brings up the cost. Colorado is one of the most expensive places in the country to leave to live. Why because government messes with everything. Government has urban growth boundaries. These urban growth boundaries make it impossible to build new homes. House housing is expensive. Food is expensive. Energy now is going to get really expensive. Let's see if we can squeeze Dave in before we have to say goodbye.
Speaker 2: Dave.
Speaker 1: Welcome. You're with John Caldera.
Speaker 2: Hey John, real quick, look, because I know it's short on time. I retired ten years ago got Obamacare for my wife and myself. We were both healthy at fifty one and fifty three. Our premium was seven hundred thirty dollars the first year nine forty, the second fourteen hundred to third, and our out of pocket was eighty five hundred apiece, which means that you have to pay all that money plus eighty five one hundred dollars to get Obama Care to pay anything. So I was paying twenty four grand a year for basically nothing. So I got out of it and I went to direct pay Concierge. Medicine cost myself and for my wife and myself one hundred and nineteen dollars a month. We get almost complete care up to the point of needing to go to the emergency room or hospital for anything from or doctor. If there's anything extra that needs to be done by him, he has a printed price sheet. And on top of that, we supplemented that with catastrophic meta share, which is one of the healthcare systems allowed under Obamacare, is written, it cost US five hundred and sixty two dollars a month.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let mee if I got this right, you started at roughly seven hundred and forty bucks. Within a couple of years that double to fourteen. And now now you've you've you've junked at all. You've gone with a concierge's membership type of doctor. If they need other services, you pay for that, and you got catastrophic care at about five hundred dollars a month. Do you feel pretty good about it? I think he does feel pretty good about it. That makes sense. Hey, check out the Independence Institute go to thinkfreedom dot org. Bandy, thanks for letting me sit in for you. I'm John Caldera and you you're on Kowa