Speaker 1: Beat two, three four? What is up, my brother? It is the It is the handoff in the full house here on a Thursday, Nico moreno joining us. What cup of coffee are you want, sir?
Speaker 2: A couple of coffee, noumerodos or kens. There it is there, it is there. It is bravery cut up. How's everybody doing? Good to see you, John Nino, family of SDH. Always a good Thursday when I'm here with y'all excited about some of the games that went on going into the playoffs. I'm sure you guys have a whole list of topics.
Speaker 1: So let's do it, all right, So it's two questions and it's rapid fire for the handoff. Here. My first question, my first question to the both of you, and I'll start with Nino since he's got the furthest to trek Uh Johnny and Fantino. On the last day of the regular season in Major League Soccer, he decided that he was going to travel down to Fort Lauderdale and hang out with Messi and friends at the Erector set for the last game of the regular season. Then they win the cap, that they win the appetizer pie play, they're ready to go that they win it. Then all of a sudden, Johnny Infantino gets on the house Mike and says that Messi and friends have been invited to the Club World Cup as Team thirty two as the host wild card. Nino, I ask you, tongue firmly planted in chic how shocking a moment was this for you as a follower of the sport of soccer, that mess and friends were invited to the Club World Cup.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's the best ever, right, he's the.
Speaker 1: Gold Oh I thought you were talking about anything. Yeah, like, wait a minute.
Speaker 4: That that that's his team and why not let him have him the chance for the first time ever in the MLS lead a team into into the World Club to competition.
Speaker 2: Why not? I think it's smart.
Speaker 3: It's a completely marketing based decision, this one. Of course, of course that doesn't have to do anything with the uh, with the achievements.
Speaker 2: But I like it.
Speaker 4: I mean I like it, And you know you're a METSI lower maybe I am, maybe I am okay, but uh.
Speaker 2: Let let the guy who gave everything to the sport.
Speaker 3: Let the guy who run the show for fifteen years to be number one in the planet alongside with Christiana, because I believe that there were the two Kings, not only one, two Kings. All right, this last year, man, this is uh You're gonna go to winter Fell after this and and tell your kids?
Speaker 2: Are you playing the.
Speaker 3: World in the world clubs with the with the MLS team and your friends.
Speaker 2: Isn't that cool? Man? It's awesome?
Speaker 1: I like it, all right, So Nico, I know you're equally surprised.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, And look, first of all, everybody loves Messi, whether you love his player, you love to hate him, you love Lino Messi, and it's not the point of discussion. I think that we already knew this was going to happen. Actually in Soccer Bar, we did a mock up of what that Infantino statement was going to look like. And other than the fact that they're going to get to host the game, it was exactly what we said, right, I Mean, you knew what was gonna happen, you knew what he was going to say, you know what it was about. But I think that the reality in this case is that they kind of deserve it, right. I mean, they've done enough to at least make it palatable for you to say you know what, Yes, we knew it was gonna happen. They could have even been eighth in the East. They could have barely made it to the playoffs. He might have been harder to sell. But this was going to happen. Right. But now where Lunel Messi and friends are the supported show winners, they break the point record. Uh, they likely have Coach of the Year, likely have MVP of the Year. It just makes makes more sense. Right. In reality, it is about marketing. It is about what Nino just said, is you know, is Lionel Messi is uh, you know, Jordi Alba is Busquets is Suarez in this huge tournament against European teams that they all played at or played against or whatever. And so it just makes a fantastic narrative. But again you have to realize two things. Anyone who's saying they earned or they they won this spot in this tournament, they're lying to themselves. Uh did they do the job to be noticed to get invited. Yes, but we have to clarify this is an invitation at the very end of the day.
Speaker 1: Yep. Second question in the handoff to uh Nino, would you go eleven hundred and eighteen miles on a bicycle to go see your favorite team.
Speaker 5: I would, really, I would, Yeah, I would, dude, it was eleven hundred and eighteen miles on a bicycle just to see payn you roll and you will you'd go eleven hundred and eighteen miles on a bicycle as well.
Speaker 3: Actually this wasn't closed, right, but I'm going to tell you I will on a thirty five hour road trip to watch my team back in two thousand.
Speaker 2: So it's not on a.
Speaker 3: Bicycle, no, but it's thirty five hours on a road, thirty five hours.
Speaker 1: Called Niko, would you go eleven hundred and eighteen miles on a bicycle to go see your favorite team.
Speaker 2: Just because I don't have the stamina to get it close to that? No? Yeah, definitely not not these days, even with you know, the desire and the love for the game and the love for Nacional that is my childhood team, or Colombia as I end up ended up going to Charlotte on a whim to go watch them play that semifinal of Coup America. If it wasn't on a plane and some ubers, I would not have gone.
Speaker 1: Oh Man, as always my friend Nino, be safe and love the jersey and have a great call, and may the pipes behave and we will catch up with you again next week. We would go fully loaded and we'll come up with more stuff around the planet as always, my friend. Great to catch up with you, Great to see you. Be safe and stop the sirens hanging around your house. You're scared, you know, you had a lot.
Speaker 2: Thank you John, thank you, Niko, see you guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had, he had a lot of sight Iron's going on during his segment. I was kind of scared for a second there. I didn't know if people Voca laustan him or anything. All Right, So let's get into the discussion topic number one, and this came from buddy Alex Passin, who was keeping an eye on what's going on on the two hundred and eighty character app. Last night, there was a game in Major League Soccer and it was a game in the most literal sense of the definition. It was a game. It was ninety minutes, two teams were there. One team showed, the other did not. And so this morning on the two hundred and eighty character app or late last night, I'll check the timestamp. Someone that we know, as Ivanda Freida posted the following on Twitter, Portland fans do not deserve the people who have power over this club, people who say they are men but do not keep their word, people who are only there when the team wins. Unfortunately, these are things we have no control over. If Vander posted that at two thirteen in the morning Eastern time, so eight and a half hours ago, Evander was mad as ish about what happened last night. And man, this is this is a door I don't know if you need to open. But if Vander felt like he needed to open this door, and that does not speak well for what's going on in Portland. Oh man, So of course I do all this. It's like you set it up and then he froze. Ah, so uh dial back, freezing and everything. So hang on. So I'll do that and then we'll see if if eight and a half hour see I post something from Portland and I'm getting a Seattle guy to talk about it, and that's what happens. So that literally that that was you know, this is Cascade, this is Cascadia anger coming back as a part of the process. So uh, will getting in his Kennesaus State work Yeah. All I got to say is, if your favorite fraction is three fists, don't attempt to enter fifth third exactly. Don't enter the fraction. Entert your own risk. And yeah, Derek, good morning. Uh but yeah, so Evander, last night, literally at two thirteen in the morning, was the tail end of a thought, and it was that was the tail end of it. It was a three tweet piece of anger. First off, he says, First, I want to apologize to all the fans who on a Wednesday night dropped everything to support us. It's really hard to lose the way that we did. The truth is, losing is not in our plans, but we have to deal with it. I want to say that we, the players and the entire staff did everything we could to take poor Land as far as possible. However, however, sometimes we have no control over what happens, and what happens off the field reflects on the field, and then you end up with this third segment. Portland fans do not deserve the people who have power over this club, people who say they are men but do not keep their word, people who are only there when the team wins. Unfortunately, these are things we have no control over. That came from Evander last night after the loss. That ain't good. I mean, you had a team in you had a team in Portland that was the nine. They scrambled in and you end up working your way to getting the home game and you completely and totally just blah. Oh and by the way, eleven hundred and eighteen miles. I'm trying to see. I'm trying to see what the distance is. It would be like going from say, lumin Field Wow, past Presno State. Wow. Okay, all right, so he's back. Did I unplugged? Did I unplug something?
Speaker 2: I don't know what happened. I don't know who's messing with.
Speaker 1: Me, but I was messing with you. It's the Portland fans because I brought this up about Evander.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe maybe he's Evander himself, But look, did there a typical case of a player not having a good circle. Someone is gonna take that phone away at two thirty in the morning anytime, and it goes for anyone hearing this as a professional athlete or a college player that's moving up. Anytime that your body, your mind, your heart tells you I need to tweet this at two thirty. At one thirty at four thirty in the morning, do not do it. Hold it. Call your publicist, call your manager, call your best friend, call your mama, and have her just give you advice and really figure it out. I have no issue with the player bringing up his frustrations, doing it in a very political way and doing it in the right way. That's not going to affect the rest of your team. But that's not the way to do it. Not at that time. It does. It's not a good look anytime that you throw a post at that time, it says, don't do it. So as much as I get that, this probably has a lot to do with some contractual stuff, with some money things, we've seen it all season, right, he's been in without really saying it, he's saying pay me right, I'm the MVP season I broke the record for contributions in Timber's history. I get it, but don't do it in this manner, and especially not after a game where you got blown out by zero and you were one of the guys whose body language said I'm giving up. I'm thinking about cam Kun or you know, Porto Wayata or wherever he's going in the offseason, because that's what it said, and Phil Nevill was very clear. He said, look, Ayala was the only player on that field that had character, that was fighting every ball, that was blocking all the shots. More than one time, Phil Nevil during the post conference talked about I need more players to be leaders, to you know, have the determination to win games of this magnitude. Those are all if you ask me in the RECs at your best player and the guy that has the magic at his feet, but need to have it in his heart and his head. So all in all, I just think it's a bad look for Evander. Uh if this is any indication of where the team is moving, I don't see that he'll be back. And even though he had a fantastic productive season, Phil Nevill seems like a guy that needs the intangibles and needs more than a guy that's just good at soccer.
Speaker 1: Evander as a DP, one of the three dps in Portland this year, base salary according to spot track at one million, nine thirty guaranteed two million, three fifty five second on the club and guaranteed money to Jonathan Rodriguez two million, six twenty seven to five. So Evander thinks that he is worth more than two million, three hundred and fifty five thousand dollars on a on a yearly, I could stipulate to that considering what he did in the Western Conference, he's definitely I think worth more than two million, three and change to what he's been able to be for that team. But yes, as Derek says on the twitch pitch, nothing good happens after two am.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, man, Look, and this goes as far as I've been in sports. More than once players have been talked out of not tweeting things at that time. And it's always fantastic, man, anytime that a player does it and they don't have that person next to him, and they just tend to either they're by themselves or they're with the wrong type of crowd, a whole bunch of yes men around you. This sort of situation happened. So it's unfortunate because, look, I was one of the people that thought that Portland had a chance to win this game. I mean, everything was in their favor. You're at home. Vancouver has four consecutive losses. As much as Timbers wasn't doing much winning since September, they I think pulled a big draw in Bloomitfield and I thought that was going to help out. But at the same time, and again I don't want to take anything away from what Phil said, because they do feel like there's a character component, there's a hard component that wasn't there last night, because the team just falls apart after that first goal where you can't clear the ball. It just bounces around and it ends up in the back of your net. But Jonathan Rodriguez was not or should not have been playing that game since Seattle. In the I don't know, thirty fifth minute, he was hobbling around the field. He was barely pushing. Phil Nevill said it after the game. He had a bad ankle. Santiago Moreno another player that had an injury that came on and wasn't able to do much because he wasn't fit. So there was a lot of other components that I think compounded the worst game in Timbers history, if you want to put it that way. I mean it was catastrophic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was. And it was Ryan Clark at The Oregonian after and he posted that within the last hour looking at what Evanders said on Twitter, and Ryan is the main beat writer for the Timbers at the Oregonian, says these tweets from Evander last night of the continuation of a very real pattern of discord between Timbers players in the front office in the last three years. It's not just the Timbers army or a few whiny people on Twitter for Shieve, Eric Williamson, Santiago Moreno, Ivacic Zuperich Blanco Aspriya Evander. All these players have either engaged in public or private disputes with the Timbers, criticized ownership and or the front office, or left on sour terms. This is not normal. Ryan Clark posts by the way or the cost of doing business. Privately, players have expressed to me a lack of confidence and ownership beyond its handling of the club's various offield scandals. Several felt slided or straight up lied to by the front office. These things matter, club culture matters. The prevailing sentiment is the Timbers underperformed with a talented roster and Evander, one of the best players in team history. Saying what happens off the field reflects on the field should raise several alarm bells, and so that's what Ryan Clark is following up the conversation with with what a Vander posted ye and that's a great point.
Speaker 2: That's a great point because Timber's front office has had a gambit of issues and controversies and problems. And yeah, I mean that that that has to be said. And as much as I don't condone the tweet at two o'clock and the way that it was phrased, I do believe that there is a lot of discord. That there's been a lot of discord. As someone who's close to Aspriga, and before or he left, I know that he had concerns as well. And you know, now he's playing for the best team in Colombia, but quite honestly, there was that sense of I'm not sure if the front office is transparent and loyal to their players. So there's definitely something there. And if he comes from Ryan and you know, you absolutely gotta believe it. But again, when it comes to Vander, particularly, Astridia was a guy that would walk into that field and believe that that shield. I mean, Esprigia would do everything like right back, striker, winger, whenever you wanted to put him. He was a locker room guy. He was all over the field. He was pushing, yelling. I think Evander, regardless of his immense talent. He could use some of that. He could use some of that grid, some of that love for the the shield, for your players. If it's not for the front office, do it for the guy next to you, Do it for Ayada who's all over for China that was trying to keep up, you know, do it for those players.
Speaker 1: All right. So we've had the wildcard round and you got a thumping by a road team that was supposed to be a home team. And then what happened here in this particular footprint. Atlanta United gets in on decision Day, they win, take care of business, DC lays and Egg, Philly lays and Egg. Atlanta gets in, and then they go to Montreal, get a two nil lead, fight to two to two. Montreal does and then it goes to PK's they come out the other side. Now they get Messi and Friends, who they're the only team that got four points off of Messi and Friends all season long this year with a draw and a win. What do you think about how things are stacking up this weekend with the opening round of the playoffs across the board?
Speaker 2: I love it. I mean, narrative wise is amazing. Soccer wise, is going to be very interesting. Like you said, if there was a team that pushed Miami in the Eastern Conference, specifically comparting those games, Atlanta has done it in a good runner. From this surprised me against the Purple team. I mean, they came on and they were all over. They were effective, they pushed through and bullied that midfield that at the time didn't have Wilter, Carterhenna. And then in this one, look, I'm not gonna lie to you, I had Montreal winning this game. I thought Montreal was in good form. I thought that Cave and Clark and Joseph Martinez were playing very well. I thought that Edwards was a guy that was going to create a lot of issues on the left side. And for the first i don't know, twenty five to twenty eight minutes, Montreal was in there. They were getting forward, they were pushing the ball, but Atlanta was able to rope a dove out of that and really be the first one to strike. And it's just more power too to Atlanta. I really do believe that if this team can handle and they can add some players next season, they're going to be a problem. I don't think that they have enough right now to be into Miami. I don't think no team does in the Eastern Conference.
Speaker 5: Not.
Speaker 2: Even well Columbus perhaps, maybe Columbus perhaps, But I do feel like Miami has shown you that they can outperform you even when they go down two goals like they did against New England. They're the team that has won the most points when being in a deficit. I feel like, unless there is an injury to Lionel Messi or Luis Suarez, I mean, this team should win it all. So when it comes specifically to Atlanta, I enjoy what they did against Montreal. Props to Valentino, who I don't know if it will happen, but let's say Valentino can pull it off against Miami, he might be the coach long term. I mean, you know, Gard Laggerway is the guy does in charge right now, and in Seattle he allowed an internet coach to just keep the job for forever. If Valentino can do magic and something I know one thinks possible, then maybe he'll be the guy there. But marn chuck Ato was really good. Saba, as much as he missed a couple of opportunities, has been really good. Theorey just the pressure, the pressing, the runs. There's something there, but I think Miami is just too much for Atlanta in this game specifically.
Speaker 1: Okay, So running through the matchups themselves tomorrow, Messi and friends. They're at home. They're a big favorite. Atlanta United comes to town on a quick turn LAG on Saturday night. They're the only one that's there, hosting Colorado. They're a big favorite. I'm still concerned about the injury to Georgie Mahilovich on decision day and how close to one hundred percent he'll be. LAG's a big favorite.
Speaker 2: What are the numbers on that for La Gua. Actually, I'm truly curious because I'm getting off early on Friday just to go play some juice boxes.
Speaker 1: Minus two to four on LAG, geez, I would probably look at a total.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's the total on that?
Speaker 1: So let me check the over under on this one? Three and a half is a minus one ten.
Speaker 2: Wow, they really do not want you playing that game at all? Yeah, I mean the number say it all LAG. Despite disappointing last game against Houston and the disappointing overall punching the gut after Marlin gets that go for LAFC and they go ahead as number one. Uh, there's just too much firepower against a Colorado team that has been rolling in a bad direction. He feels like the wheels fell off that bus. Cole Bassett also hurt. Sam Vines also heard. I mean there's a lot of injuries to a team that I think peaked at one point and now is in the decline.
Speaker 1: Yep. All of the home teams are on the minus side going through Tuesday. Purple Team favored of a minus one thirty hosting Charlotte LAFC, minus two to seventeen hosting Vancouver FC, Cincinnati a minus one ten hosting NYCFC because the Cincinnati is starting to do the slow fade, Seattle and minus one thirty five hosting Benny Ball Crew, A minus one thirty nine hosting Red Bulls RSLA, minus one toh eight hosting Minnesota United. Of all of those first round games, what are you staring at when it comes to what's going to happen?
Speaker 2: Man? I like the numbers in Orlando.
Speaker 1: What was it minus one thirty to the Purple team. Charlotte's a plus three eleven draw ninety minute draw is a plus two ninety seven, So you probably could get ninety minute draw in that one of the plus three hundred.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's kind of what I'm looking at. And look, Charlotte power to Charlotte, man, I mean they've been really good. That three zero against DC United was quality holding, ben teketed. The way they did is no joke. Orlando City has a hard time when they can't get going, and if something that Charlotte does is just knowing how to keep their shape and knowing how to keep guys like a Kundo Torres getting in high scoring positions and shifting in transition. So I don't see Angula being as productive on that white side either. I think that there's a lot of options. Therefore, Orlando at the nine. I would start a wire on this one as much as from here and Rique has been really, really good. But I'll probably take the draw on that first one and maybe go to PKS. Specifically at home, Orlando tends to struggle at times, so yeah, I'll go with the draw on the Charlotte game. When it comes to LAFC and Vancouver, regardless of the numbers, I would like to see the total on it, but you got to take LAFC. I think Vancouver as much as they won this game, and as much as they're making you feel like they are a choice that could go out there and fight against LAFC, I think that this game was very circumstantial and that hat trick by Ryan Goold is not going to happen against LAFC. I think LAFC is a sure winning game if you want to put her in a parlay. But what's the goals on that one?
Speaker 1: Three and a half is a plus one twenty one, that's where it turns.
Speaker 2: Three and a half. Yeah, I'll probably do three and a half. I feel comfortable with a three and a half on that one at the very least. In the Seattle Houston game, Man that that could be an under and that could be a zero zero draw to a one one draw. Pushing too pks And this is why you have two teams that mirror each other completely. They mirror each others on concepts, both possession based teams. Both tend to push that right back as far as they can. Alex rolled in for the Sounders, Dorsey for Houston. As much as Houston is no juggernaut, they can be very difficult to score on. I had Mikail in my best eleven in my votes for Best eleven of the Year for MLS. I think he's a very good center back. Having ectroreta bag gives you a lot of control, a lot of pace, a lot of a guy that can dominate that midfield with the dog like.
Speaker 1: You know, he starts to say something nice and positive about Houston and it happened again. Yeah, and so, uh so, let me go through the ref assignments while Nico's down it back up and we'll get his final comments on Seattle in Houston. ACH's return I think is big, but the numbers they're they're kind of shocking. So we'll see what happens when it comes to that. We do have our ref assignments. We'll get into that with Nico as well. So what were you saying about? What were you saying about?
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry, but I don't know what's going on. Just really obsessed me. But yeah, Acchiace is just the guy that can control the pace of the game. I feel like Seattle is gonna wanna possess it, He's gonna wanna retain it, and acchi Achi is a guy that could really affect that game. So I feel like that you're gonna cancel each other out. I talked to Alex Rodan about it. I said, what, what's difficult about playing a team that mirrors you this much? He's well, that you kind of know what the guy in front of who's going to do, and you're trying to beat them out to that position where you don't want to be when you attack. So it can really be a defensive game. So I think this one is out to be a draw in that first game, or a very low scoring game. So whatever the overunder is, you probably want to go under on it.
Speaker 1: All right, So here's what we've got for the total. I'll work my way backward. Three is a plus one fifty eight, so that's where it turns. Two and a half is a minus one eleven, two is a minus two twenty three. One and a half is a minus three fifty six.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, that's that's some tough scores, but it'll tell you why I think that this game is going to go down to the wire. So I'd say your best bet in this one is maybe trying to go for a parlay and just hitting some of these top games, because I think that that draws almost a safe bet. What's the draw on this one.
Speaker 1: Draw on this particular matchup. Let me die back here a second and I can tell you because it wants to sit there and give me three steps. Draw is a plus two seventy seven for Seattle in Houston, ninety minute draw.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I like that. I like that for day A game.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, So we do have our officiating assignments for the round one match ones. For Messi and Friends in Atlanta, United, Alan Chapman is the man in the middle. God bless us one and all this Mayor Pec Mitch is the fourth. Armando via Real is your var. Lag in Colorado has Lucas Sapala in the middle. Kevin Stott is your Var. Tom Supple is your A VAR Purple Team. In Charlotte, Drew Fisher is the man in the middle, where Senda Mendoza is your fourth. Michael Radchuck is your v R tj Z A BLOCKI is your AVAR lafc and Vancouver JayR Marufo man in the middle. Victor Revos is your fourth. Daniel Radford is your Var. Fabio two var is your AVAR Cincinnati and Negor City. Sergey Boyko is in the middle. Chris Penso is your fourth. Unice Maracchi your v R with t J Zablocki Seattle and Houston. I wish you nothing but patience, my friend. Ted Uncle is the man in the middle for Seattle and Houston. Corey Rockwell is your AR so AR one, so that'll save you a little bit. Ryan Graves your A is your AR two. John Freeman is your fourth. Sore In Steutschka is your VAR. Jonathan Johnson your A v R. Timothy Ford is the man in the middle for Crew and Red Bulls Photos Bezakis your fourth, Greg Dapka your VAR, and RSL Minnesota has Pierre Loukelazier in the middle. Remy two shot in your fourth, and edvan Jurissevitch is your VR. So those are your refing assignments and I and I wish you nothing but patience, my friend when it comes to that.
Speaker 2: I mean, Seattle's coming from a game where, uh, the officiating was absolutely ridiculous. Even Albert Rusnak called it poor. But poor doesn't define it. I mean there was some and look, the yellow card that ultimately ended up getting oh Bit thrown out of the game was soft, was inconsistent to what the game had given the referee, but I was more upset about the moments where advantage should have been given. Advantage that I see at the rect level in my daughter's team be given, and this guy is just blowing the whistle just to blow the whistle. It looked very Sussman. I honestly hate talking about officiating because I feel like teams should always do enough to not allow referee and to ultimately call the game. But it did mess with the flow of the game. It did mess with potential moments. But Seattle and all they they just have to do better at killing games, at putting them away, and goal scoring has been a huge issue. They're going to have to figure it out. I spoke to Brian Smetzer to the fact that there isn't really a plan B because Danny Musovski has seventeen minutes of play since August, Rawrydz has one game over thirty minutes since that time as well. You can't expect your next guy up to be ready for the big lights when he has no game rhythm, no game for him. So we'll see how that pans out for Seattle. That's my biggest concern facing a team like Houston. Seattle beat Houston at home a couple of months back, if not a month back, but there was no Achace, there was no Ponce, both guys that could be difference makers for Houston. So it's gonna be a bat. I think that some people are looking or undermining Houston. That's a serious team.
Speaker 1: No doubt about it. What's going on soccer, bar and polso sports? What do folks need to know?
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, I got to figure out I was going to own my internet and hopefully we have a show that it runs smooth. But yeah, uh post of sports mainly, you need to stay on pools of sports. There's gonna be a big announcement today for the Sounders. Is one that I'm pretty sure I know what it is, and it's been in the in the works. We ended up not kind of pushing it and breaking it because there wasn't a full story there. But uh, just stay tuned. There's gonna be some interesting news out of Providence. I cannot tell you for sure because I can't, but but uh, it's gonna be. It's gonna be. It's gonna be interesting. It's nothing like it's not new signing or anything of that nature, but it is something that maybe a lot of folks were waiting on. So it's just a confirmation on what I think everybody thought was gonna happen moving forward for the founders. So stay tuned Pools of Sports for sure. Soccer bar, in about forty minutes, we'll be getting into the debacle for uh, where do they go from here? Diego Chada is out of contract? Will he be back? All of these things we're going to talk up in a soccer bar, Atlanta United, we'll be talking about it. How far can they get? What are the chances? As much as you know it's maybe at a ten percent possibility, it's not impossible. Uh. And you know sometimes Atlanta thrives when they're the underdog rather than the big bat wolf. So it's going to be interesting. So go ahead and check that out at soccer bar.
Speaker 1: What he said at the soccer bar on the two hundred and eighty character wrap, and as our Buddy four card says, f e A the moniker for Atlanta United going forward, quoting Tom Brady here in the playoffs, f e A blank them all. That's that's that is on posters. That is that is that is part of the vernacular. Now, if you see that anything involving Atlanta United, f ea, that's what it means. Blank them all. That's that's the attitude right now.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you, John, if Atlanta pulls that miracle and somehow, some way beat Miami, is Rob Balentino the coach moving forward?
Speaker 1: I don't know, man. I mean, I think Rob has busted his ass and you will not find a a bigger support system I think than there are. There are those of us who've been fairly pragmatic about what's going on with Atlanda United. We love what Rob and the Staff of Peace together and have been navigating through all of this stuff. That is it. That is a Garth decision, and it will be a Garth decision that will lend itself to not just next year for this club, but years down the line. And I will say this, if if Rob at the end of this run, when that is, if someone in Major League Soccer wants to hire Rob Valentino, if it's Atlanta, if it's someplace else wherever, If someone in Major League Soccer hires Rob Valentino and they are patient with him, and they give him the resources and the players that he's looking for, like we've seen in this run, then you will find that you will have picked up a tremendous head coach and a staff that he surrounds himself with because of what it Land United has navigated through with Rob, gone through with Rob and the staff to get them to this point. I cannot give any higher praise to Rob Valentino than a lot of other folks here. It will be a Garth decision that will impact what's going on. I mean, Garth has said things publicly about you know, international experience and things like that, and so I am confident that Rob, wherever he is, Atlanta or otherwise, you get a front office it's patient with him. You get an ownership group that's patient with Rob. Rob is going to kick some serious ass wherever.
Speaker 2: That is what he said.
Speaker 1: But yes, so, but yeah, So if you see in bright blue letters fea, that is the that is the rally cry right now here in the Southeastern United States, involving at Land United. Blank them all, quoting Tom Brad.
Speaker 2: I like you, baby.
Speaker 1: So that's where we are. Go prepare for your show. Go get a cup of coffee number three, Love you, my friend. We'll catch up with you next week
Speaker 2: Thank you much fraid, have a good one.