Speaker 1: You know, I'm kind of sad because for me, romance is dead. But here we are in Valentine's Day. I would like to specifically dedicate today's show to Skin and KT's lovers.
Speaker 2: You met him, and I hope.
Speaker 1: That they are fulfilled in a way today and tonight that meets all of their romantic expectations. I hope they have a straight up Hallmark you know movie tonight, and you guys are sentimental and thoughtful and open doors and have you know, rose petals leading to a hot tub that's warmed up and ready for action. And I hope that I hope that your lovers go to sleep tonight in pleasure comas.
Speaker 3: Ben Kevin confided in me that he bought a box of chocolates for X and XX.
Speaker 1: He's gonna he's gonna eat chocolate while he goes on a Valentine on his date with a porn site.
Speaker 3: He gave the chocolates to the porn site as a laird of saying thank you for all our times together.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure it's Shark week anyways.
Speaker 3: Uh and and I handed a bouquet of flowers to my right hand.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we're all in the same boat.
Speaker 5: Uh, not necessarily, Okay, romance can still happen with going to poundtown.
Speaker 2: What what does that mean? Kind an idiot?
Speaker 4: Or you? He says, like hang out and enjoy each other's company.
Speaker 2: You're you have a gun to your head right now. Oh honey, I love you. For the next couple of minutes.
Speaker 5: Let's watch the show you're into. We're not gonna watch that. She's actually on my she's on my TV schedule.
Speaker 2: Tonight.
Speaker 5: We'll be watching the SNL homecoming concert tonight.
Speaker 4: Oh, live on Live on the cock peacock is that tonight? Seven o'cought?
Speaker 3: That's a great that's a great logo for them cock. Yeah, and then you just see that proud rooster. Yeah, standing in that attention.
Speaker 2: Are you guys doing anything special for your lovers?
Speaker 5: More legitimately watching the SNL homecoming concert at seven and patrick some wine?
Speaker 4: You know, probably get some pizza.
Speaker 2: Some dim lights. You put a hole in the pizza box?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I much. You go to Andrews, see if they'll they'll put a hole in there for me.
Speaker 3: They'll they'll customize it, bro, They'll be like, yeah, I put your ranch in here.
Speaker 4: Well did you guys?
Speaker 3: So you guys are gonna you guys are going to stream the concert because it's not on Channel five?
Speaker 2: Yeah. Does new We know about this?
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 4: It's a good we have not had this conversation.
Speaker 2: I like this.
Speaker 1: I like this for anyone who has any involvement with NBC in any way.
Speaker 2: If that's a.
Speaker 1: Good question that people ask repeatedly, no matter what's happening on the peacock at NBC, Paaramount, whatever, just ask.
Speaker 3: Him, does new We know about this? Yes, that's should be your go to So we are there's a new barbecue place in Allen at Waters Creek. An article but that in the paper. Yeah, and it's it's been getting lots of love. And so my wife was like, it's I I wanted to like go out to eat somewhere nice. And my wife has the same attitude towards restaurants on Valentine's Day that she does towards a place on New Year's Eve. She's like, that's we don't want to go that night. They jack up the menu. You know, you don't want to do that. So I thought we were going to like cook steaks or something at the crib, and then she started talking about this barbecue place, but Carol's uh, yeah, that's the name of it. And so she I was like, well, do you want to go on Valentine's Day? Because I don't think that's going to be like the place for lovers, like you know, it's yeah, you don't want to get the meat sweats on val and so I want her to get the meat sweats. I want her to get that meat sweat, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: And so I've had enough meat tonight already, three meet plates.
Speaker 3: Enough, Oh my god, another sausage. And so I was like, uh, hey, okay, well why don't we go to this? And she was down. And then because we are so romantic, we invited the kids. So we have we have two kids. One of the kids has a boyfriend that's around at old times, so I think they're joining us. And then I think the boy my son may or may not be there, depending on how cool he is. So it's going to be like a double date, I think, with my daughter and her boyfriend at a at a barbecue spot.
Speaker 2: That's good. Yeah, I'm excited.
Speaker 1: So my daughter wants to go watch her friend play basketball, so I think we're gonna go drop her off to watch that game and then go to like on the border.
Speaker 2: It's not very romantic. Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's just by the way black beans are refraged last night. So I can't really communicate with my daughter. She has no interest in really you know, our interactions with her. She's fourteen. Yeah, so our interactions are very short. She's very sweet and nice, but it's like one word answers, Hey, how is your day good?
Speaker 2: And then she's in a room, yeah, gone.
Speaker 1: And so last night I had the opportunity to take her and her two friends to their basketball practice, and so I had them in my car. So I'm like, oh, this is awesome. I'm gonna start talking to them. Did you play a lot of jelly roll? And I go, I said, I go, And keep in mind, I've seen these girls.
Speaker 2: They playing the same team.
Speaker 1: I've seen them play basketball together maybe fifty times. And I go, hey, did you guys know that I know a little something about basketball talk? I went there, Yeah, I did. We're going there and we're going to practice. I go, really, I go, yeah, yeah, you know. I got my start and radio doing the MAVs postgame show, so I got to go to like every MAVs game and be in the locker room.
Speaker 2: They're like, what do you know Luca?
Speaker 1: And I was, wait, your daughter didn't know this nor she's been quiet. Oh gosh, she's been quiet. Yeah, she's like And so I'm like, I'm gonna make her talk basketball at me. So I start talking to them about basketball and they're like, do you know Luca And I was like, well, my co host, you know, my my partner. He was the first one to ever introduce or to interview Luca here in Dallas. And they're like, whoa really, And I go, I know Dirk and all this end Dirk yeah, yeah, good, good good. And so we were talking and they were like did you ever talk to Lebron? And I go, actually, yes, I did. I did talk to Lebron and actually it's on video and they're.
Speaker 2: Like, wow, that is so cool. And they're like, Grace your dad.
Speaker 1: You didn't tell us about this about your dad and uh the show and they're go, uh, did you has Grace ever met any players? I go, she's met some, but do you guys know who Kyrie Irving is? And they're like, yeah, of course. And I was like, did you know I talked to Kyrie about Grace and they're like what, she's not saying anything, and so I go, do you you know what I like about each of your games?
Speaker 2: Would you like me to tell you? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I still play basketball two times a week. I know basketball. And they're like, oh my god, yes, please. They're like this is gonna be fun. We've never talked to an adult about that, you know, like a parent, like, please tell me.
Speaker 2: And I was like, well, ayah, you're a point guard.
Speaker 1: You got good handles, you never freak out, you never seem pressured, and you're able to control the ball and get to the bucket when you need to.
Speaker 2: You're just very calm. And she was like, oh my god. What.
Speaker 1: And the other one's like, tell me about my game. So I start telling her about her game and they're like, okay, tell Grace about her game. She goes, no, I don't need that. I was like, Grace is really good at attacking the basket from the right side, and she goes only from the right side.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, dude, so I look at you getting to spend Valentine's Day with your kids as being bad ass.
Speaker 2: I wish I could do that.
Speaker 3: Well, let me just say, so Maya is nineteen, she'll be twenty this summer, and they're really all that cliched stuff about the girl comes back around.
Speaker 2: She absolutely does.
Speaker 3: And so I'm trying to think it's so different for our older kids because they had the incredibly unique experience of the pandemic. Like, go, you know, my daughter's sophomore year of high school was pretty much spent remotely right, so the normal trajectory or growth path or whatever you want to call it was interrupted by the most insane thing ever. And then I you know, we've talked about this before. My poor daughter's class, her graduating class, like one week I think before their graduation ceremonies, there was a mass shooting at a place where they spend all their time at those Alan outlet malls. So they had a really bizarre high school existence. But I think probably around pandemic time, my daughter came back around and rejoined us.
Speaker 2: So what were the ages that she was on satellite.
Speaker 3: She was a little bit early, so her worst her worst year for us was when she was twelve. Okay, that was the worst year. And that was also kind of ironically enough, that's when I you know, was done coaching them in basketball, because you know, then the girls go on to junior high and all that, and so you know, I've been pretty close to my daughter and her friend group because I coach their basketball team, and so still like a lot of those girls when they come back from college, like they'll come over and we'll talk, you know, because just whatever that experience was. But Maya and my my wife, they were it was armageddon every morning. I think I told you. I would wake up every morning at six thirty to the sounds of them screaming at each other in the next room. And then just like after eight months, it just stopped and they were besties again. It's so weird with teenage girls. They're crazy people. Yeah, so I bet Grace comes back around when she starts driving.
Speaker 2: This is okay. I would love that.
Speaker 1: This is because ours we don't have drama, We don't have anything. Yeah, it's just like one that's better than drama though, dude, Yeah, that's just I think that's just normal. I need to get away from these people that are oppressing me so I can figure out who I am exactly right. Yeah, that's exactly what it is. Yeah, that's exactly what it is Kevin, So what were you gonna do? You want to add anything else about what you're gonna do to your lover tonight? No, No, just gonna hang out yep, all right, you know it reminds me of the intro.
Speaker 2: I think Lover is a d N. It's like the double Hot Toup scene with the Will Berrell in SNL.
Speaker 5: Alright, if you.
Speaker 1: Don't like, you're set that.
Speaker 5: Dark time boys right now, you're ready, ready, ready, ready, righty, have to do one pull.
Speaker 2: Chime with Evan Win.
Speaker 1: I'll show you're going ruinhead, except with a similar sweet pursuing.
Speaker 2: It Donald out Shaw shank through the sewer kid now with chilling at the eagle. Yeah, we doing it. Three o'clock on the doc.
Speaker 1: Gotta have it for my house A goo status Howard starting to get crattic.
Speaker 2: Shows that up multiplied like a rabbit tuned in zone out. Prank it up.
Speaker 4: Then I will I want hang out with my friend Rocket on the radio. Boys in this game talking on new Bandyo, It's time to do this.
Speaker 2: All baby, baby go kt Christina.
Speaker 1: All up on the radio. Okay, Christina is not here today, g Money Garrett is Engineering. Were grateful for that we're going to alter the show a little bit. We're not gonna do it today game, so everything will be podcast. But is there an honorary mention?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 4: I think?
Speaker 2: I want to do it.
Speaker 4: I want to do it at four I want to do it.
Speaker 5: Uh, we'll put it with some sports did there's one there's one person this today game that we do need to honor and we will do that with the sports segment A four a clock.
Speaker 2: You teased an honorary mention and I love it. Yeah, I love it four o'clock. We'll get to that. Fantastic.
Speaker 1: Okay, coming up next though, where are you gonna take some in the Hollywood Shuffle?
Speaker 5: Well no one thought this would happen, but the SNL cast member bracket has been made.
Speaker 2: What the ghost of all time?
Speaker 4: We'll find out who