Speaker 1: By vote for if you got here, I see the talkication Friday Eve. It was a vacation, yes, bull, you know the rest of the word. It is Friday, even a very happy one, so you and I appreciate everybody showing up the Listener lunch yesterday. Had a great time, really nice crowd, a lot of fun and I had good food. Schnitzel sandwich. That's the way to go over at the Weedam and Brewer Brewery. Man probably not a healthy option. Buddy was outstanding anyway, fun times and yeah, I lost to cribbage Mic again, so they're at him on the record, not embarrassed to admit it. That he is a better cribbage player than me is demonstrated by the number of wins versus the number of wins I've had over the years. Anyway, it was a good time and thanks again to everybody for making the Listener lunch. Next one is the last one before the election. Anderson Pub and Girls where we're going to be, so I'll be reminded folks of that between now and then. What's going on in the morning show today, Americans for Prosperity. Yeah, we hear from Donovan and Neil Americans for prosperity. Can I be talking about this cease and desist letter that David Yost sent to Columbus Public schools, applauding the Attorney General for saying the letter to Columbus public schools student busing paid for with public tax dollars, and students should have equal access to that service as long as the government is providing it government funded. School administrators are likely using this tactic as punishment for recent expansion of school choice. You know what, and that's another winning thing for the Republicans. Stick with school choice, stick with supporting charter schools, stick with what works and what parent doesn't want school choice. I keep going back to that. I know the teachers' unions don't want school choice, and we understand why monopoly allows them to poorly serve our students and well raise a bunch of children have zero critical thinking skills, which I think is really the problems going on in the world right there. Right now, we are in the process, the United States in the process of accusing Russia of trying to propagandize us. We'll get the details on that. I'll be happy to do that. Blaming the Kremen for targeting American voters with political propaganda and disinformation. Yeah, deastated by a minute stration and cues. Let me reputant of orchestrating a covert campaign influence you. You and I suppose me over the coming US election. They say Russia's in the bag for Donald Trump, and I'm just scratching my head over this. You know, we all know the world is just united via the Internet. Everybody can influence anybody. Everyone. You call Joe strecker Off you want a podcast page, You'll help you produce a podcast. He does it on the side, that's what he does. And then you will have a voice. Maybe people will tune in and listen to it. Maybe, like the tens of thousands of other podcasts, no one will really listen to it. But you have an option, You have an opportunity. You can say whatever the hell you want. You can be in favor of Ukraine, you can be in favor of Russia. You could actually utter support for North Korea. You could say the Chinese Communist Party has got it right. You could say Hamas is an awesome group of people. Oh that's right. That's going on in Columbia University and other campuses right now. Yay, murderers, welcome to the world of free speech. Is your voice going to influence anybody? I suppose that depends on the audience you're talking to. Does your logic and reason? Do your arguments make sense? Do they stand the test of well, perhaps discussion and debate. That depends on your message, now, doesn't It depends on your point of view. It depends on what your arguments are, and it depends on what the questions are and the oh, I don't know, degree of critical thinking skills the person that you're trying to convey a message to has, so they can well perhaps have enough knowledge of world affairs, economics, or anything else to let them pose to you in the face of your personal viewpoints, questions press you around the edges, maybe ask very difficult direct questions. So you're not going to get that out of Kamala Harris because she doesn't engage in that process. Donald Trump, meanwhile, was literally on every single podcast and social media site and even minor podcasts that a lot of folks aren't listening to answering all those tough questions and jumping into the fray not knowing what's coming his way. But knowing full well that the vast majority of time is probably going to be a pretty difficult discussion. But he's up to the challenge. That's what debate's all about. Yes, the Russians are trying to influence you. Yes, the Chinese Communist Party is trying to influence you. Yes, even Iran and North Korea, they're all out there. But apparently the United States is only concerned with Russia because they say Russia's in the bag for Trump. Now, let's just assume that from the get go, I think China's probably in favor of Kamala Harris becoming president because, let's face it, as commander in chief, she seems to be a less formidable foe than well, anyone on the other side. It doesn't matter who in this particular race, of course, it's Donald Trump. Let's assume for the sake of discussion, Russia wants Donald Trump to become president. He thinks Donald Trump is going to pull the plug on funding for you create whatever. Can they make that argument to you? Can they convince you? Does their buying off social media influencers, as some of the allegations suggest, does that help you decide whether or not it's a good thing for us to be supportive of you, Kine, or maybe sanctions or maybe a resolution of a settlement. I know a lot of folks on social media really accusing Israel of genocide. That's one argument. But then again, there's a lot of folks over there on the other side that are saying, wait a second, Israel got attacked, Their citizens were slaughtered, children and elderly people were murdered, and therefore Israel has a right to go after the murderers. There's an argument, right other people say no, Israel shouldn't even exist as a country from the river to the sea. This is called debate, and somebody's going to convince you one side or the other is right, or maybe the truth lies somewhere in the middle. But the discussion is the important part. And who's funding the discussion, whether it's the Russians, the Chinese Communist Party, or the Democrats or the Republicans, You're going to have to make up your own mind. Oddly enough, in this particular allegation in the US has accused Russia of spending millions to influence you, to influence you, apparently because the Russians are in the bag for Trump. Would it work. Does the source of the revenue for the influence campaign have any thing to do with the message that's being conveyed. George Soros has been funding countless organizations and funding countless messages for years and years. I don't recall at any given time the Justice Department going after George so and accusing him of influencing elections. Well, maybe it's because he's an American citizen. I don't even know if he's an American citizen. I don't know a whole lot about George Soros. I'll be honest with you about that. I know he's got billions of dollars, and I know he's a globalist, and I know he hates the United States, at least the free market, capitalist principles that made him wealthy and made so many other people wealthy and made us the most powerful and rich nation that the world has ever witnessed. But he hates America. Are you influenced by George Soros's message? Perhaps you are. He's a big funder of a lot of left wing organizations, left wing organizations that you may support. But does his money and his funding of those messages matter ultimately, or is it the message that's being conveyed that convinced you that whatever that message was was the right choice, the right answer, the solution, the better argument versus any other message that's out there. Ultimately, you get to decide what you're going to be quote unquote influenced by and what you're not, what you're going to accept as a rational logical argument, or what you're going to reject as well, maybe something like well, that's economically stupid. Everybody else has tried that before communism and it's never worked. So no, I can't be told over and over again that this is the right way to go when I, as a student of history or an observer of realities of life, realize that, no, that's been tried time and time again and it's never worked. You can't spend yourself into prosperity. On and on and on and on and on. It's just it's comical, and the idea that we have gone after this one particular media company. They get the details later on that you know, it's just the point being, you know, we are watching the administration, the Biden administration go after this particular organization. I believe it's called Art Media or something like that. They're the ones that apparently have been conveying the Russian propaganda message, conspiring to illegally and secretly send ten million dollars to this Tennessee based online media company to inject hidden Russian government and messaging across social media to target American audiences. You are the target? Well, how dumb are you? Isn't that ultimately where this comes down? Can you be swayed by this? Are you going to listen to Alexa when you ask Alexa who you should vote for and why? Oh we learned that the other day. You ask Alexa about Donald Trump and they say, we don't give a political opinion about Donald Trump. You ask it about Kamala Harris and they wax poetic about Yeah, well, there's a lot of reasons to vote for Kamala Harris. Last time I checked. Hey, Danny Gleeson cover for Joe Strecker. Uh, Alexa, that'd be Alphabet. That's that's an American company, right right? Yeah, So their their media influence, their money, their algorithms are influencing or at least endeavoring to influence the American public. Are they going after Alexa and shutting Alexa down? Or Alphabet no, no, last time I checked Alexi's Amazon thank you whatever, But you get the point right, It's just insane. I don't know, maybe you view it differently. Seven hundred eight hundred eighty two three talk pound Fi fifty on at and two phones, bat crap, insanity, exercise some critical thinking, folks. You are responsible for your own future. You are responsible for breaking things down. You are responsible for applying your logic and reason and your core thinking skills to analyze whatever comes across your field division, whether it's on the Internet or in any other social media platform, or someone calls you up and engages in a political debate with you. Could be your mom. You're gonna have to work through that. And no, I bet your mom's not being paid by the Russians or the Chinese Communist Party. But I bet you's got an opinion, and I bet you might not always agree with it. You might agree with it, but it's up to you to decide how you're gonna cope with the reality of someone talking with you with an opinion, regardless of where that opinion is generated from or from whom it's funded. By five twenty three Friday, eight five and three seven fifty eight hundred and eighty two three Talk Time fifty on AT and T Funk. They're still real enter this whole thing. I just I'm sorry this this whole day. They going after the Russians and to the exclusion of the Chinese, which many are many behind the scenes are concluding the Chinese are in the bag for the Kamala Harris administration. So we go after the Russians because they apparently apparently maybe in the bag for the Trump administration, you know. And I'm I'm I and I just keep thinking to myself out there in the listening audience, there's some never Trumper people and there's some always Trumper people, And would anybody writing anything about either of those candidates make you change your mind. Everybody's battling for the hearts and minds of the uninformed or perhaps independent voters who really can't quite decide whether they want to go full on global elitist with the Harris administration or well independent United States free market kind of country principles with the Trump administration. If you haven't figured that one out by now, then you know what, I don't know, maybe you could be influenced by the Russians. This is great James Freeman, the Wall Street Journal. Hardest it may be to imagine concerning this topic, Consider for a moment, if left leaning journalists were to swallow the whole bogus story fed to them by anonymous sources suggesting that a Republican candidate had colluded with Russia to rig a US presidential election. Oh you remember that? Yeah? Ah, that was four years of the Trump administration. Imagine that, as part of the misinformation campaign, a left leaning FBI official was caught fabricating evidence against an associate of this Republican candidate, and that, even after conviction, the left leaning FBI criminal was not sentenced to even a single day in prison, and the story was largely ignored by left leaning journalists. What would it do to our politics if to this day, millions of voters believed the false claim that the Republican candidate had colluded with Russia, and millions of more voters remained infuriated because they knew the collusion tale was false. See that's the point I made with the always Trumpers and the never Trumpers out in the audience. See, you've been convinced, you've been lied to by our own media. It's hell we don't have the Russians to worry about. We got to own American mainstream media to worry about. Everyone is trying to sell you something, folks, whether it's a product of good or service. It's the reason that so many of these companies even are profitable. Dave had Or tells it to us every single Friday at six thirty. You and your data are the reason for their existence. And you're manipulated because they take your data and they try to sell you stuff based upon your data profile. And well, you're gull going enough to bite you click the link, You're like, oh, yeah, I guess I do need that product good service. It's twenty four seven, three sixty five from all the four corners of the globe. And yes, some of the activity is criminal. If they hack, it's criminal. If they steal from your bank account, it's criminal. But if they utter syllables and post it someplace, or they give money to some person that you consider to be I don't know, a social media influencer that for whatever reason has an influence over your life, and that person utters syllables, and the reason you buy their product, good or service, or that you embrace their message is because of who they are. Then look in the mirror. The fault lies with you, for God's sake. Fuck twenty seven. Ah just cannot believe I live.
Speaker 2: In this world.
Speaker 1: If I have Cares City Talk station, feel free to call Otherwise I'm gonna go back and just dive on into local stories. And that's fun. Five thirty three On any Friday, happy one too, you go to local stories. Lets you want to call five and three seven four nine fifty hundred two three talk. Let us see here. Let's start with the Halloween display. Oh no Fairfield resident continuing your Halloween tradition, apparently resulting in some complaints, was described as the Nightmare on Beebury Street. Mary Anne Peter's responsible for this display. She says the Halloween display in her yard takes more than one hundred hours to complete and take down, so it normally begins each year in the second week of August. This year, she said it was important, that more important than ever, that she get a head start this because her husband has cancer. She said, if I was disrupting somebody or bothering people, I'm not who you could have come to me and said something like hey, why, and I would have explained to you, Why I do it so early? People don't know what's going on in other people's lives. Again lives on Deepberry Street in Fairfield. She says for seven years she's been building and changing her Halloween display, which is free for people to walk through and enjoy. Says the city contacted her to twice this year about complaints regarding the display. She said described it as breaking her heart. City of Fairfield told Peter she was not doing anything wrong and could keep her Halloween decorations up. They did suggest to her, though, she said that maybe she wait a week or two later for setup, but she said she needs more time to put it all together than she used to. Husband was diagnosed a year ago with cancer, so he can't do it much after his chemo. For a couple of weeks that she posted a Facebook about how much putting up the decorations for the community means to her, and the response more than two hundred comments in support, was overwhelming. She said it made her cry so sometimes more to the story than ever, and sometimes people, well maybe take it a little too far. You draw your own conclusions on that one too. Five thirty five fifty five care Seed Talk Station Ye five forty one, Oh No Friday, even a happy one to you. Five on three seifty five hundred eight hundred eight two to three Talk fifty five car se dot com for podcasting. You can't listen to live it's just right there, Judge Ennena Paulatana for example, my conversation with Hamilton Cannon prosecute them A lists of powers from yesterday and Suicide Awareness Month, Lord almighty, it's so sad. Know the American veterans commit suicide to higher rate than the general population. But any suicide can be prevented. There's help out there, and it was nice talking with Steve Ballzo and Lisa listen from the Climate County Veteran Services as well as the Hamilton County well actually the VA that's where Lisa is. She's the suicide Awareness person to VIA. So information right there. Help out those in need, and keep your eyes peeled and your ears open for the indicators that someone may be struggling with having suicidal ideation. So details right there. Fifty five cars dot Com over to the stack is stupid. We got a Long Island mother accused of killing her son in a wrong way crash, driving high on meth and phetamine. Her license suspended for the ready fifty seventh time during her arraignment yesterday, soelfol Kind of Judge Richard Horowitz ordered the suspension to carry dricks driver's license until the conclusion of the case and held the thirty two year old custody without bail after she pleaded not guilty two murder charges during her arraignment. License already suspended on August twenty second, when she drove the wrong way on the Southern State Parkway fifteen minutes after two in the morning and caused the four way car wreck to kill her nine year old son. Deputy sheriff tried to pull over Bedrick when he initially spotted her going the wrong way, but she went faster and drove around the deputy's vehicle, deputy trailer for more than five miles in a westbound lane from the safe distance as she reached one hundred miles per hour and into oncoming traffic in the eastbound lanes. She eventually crashed into the other cars, including a Mercedes SUV, head on, so severely that her engine launched into the woods a corner the District Attorney's office. Her nine year old son found unconscious in the backseat of the twenty twenty two Mitsubishi Eclipse and later died of injuries at the hospital. Authorities determined later the defendant was impaired during her road rampage found prescription bottle with a label torn off inside her car following the crash. Motorists allegedly admitted a police to taking methenfetamine about eight pm the night before the deadly collision. According to the Suffolk District Attorney's office, top of murder charges, she's facing criminal counts of aggravated vehicular homicide. Man sought another related charges, including aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle. Her lawyer called the crash a tragic accident. No one of his planet is more upset about this than she is. Yeah, I imagine because she got caught in her son's dad. Anyway, He declined comment on the allegation she was driving without a license at the time of the crash. Suspended again fifty seven times by forty five fifty five KRCIT talk station, five fifty one fifty five KRCD talk station and head go back to the stack of stupid. This one reminded me of a prank a fraternity brother played on another fraternity brother. Guy was an ultimate prankster. Attorney brother upon whom the prank was played had a shampoo bottle and the prankster substitute of the shampoo shampoo with I believe it was dishwashing detergent causing the prank. E I suppose to get like straw like hair. At one point he said, you know, I think I need some conditioner. Didn't quite figure it out until the joke was revealed. As I pivot over to the stack of stupid, we'd go to a new law signed into law by left wing idiot Governor J. B. Pritzker of Illinois, Hotels with more than fifty rooms are now banned from providing single use plastic bottles of shampoo, mouthwash, or other toiletries beginning July first, the next year. If a hotel has less than fifty rooms, the law takes effect January of twenty twenty six, whereupon hotels will be expected to transition to refillable containers or face a written warning followed by a fine of up to fifteen hundred dollars. Some of the laws already enacted to Washington, New York, and California. All right, it's also pointed out in the article unrelated to the bad really focusing on the really all important items in Illinois. Illinois has more than one hundred and forty two billion dollars in pension debt, the nation's second worst unemployment rate, the second highest corporate income tax rate, the second highest property tax rate, and the fourth highest in state tuition for public universities. So those are the major problems. But no longer will you get small bottles of shampoo. Just trust the people who were in the room in front of you that they didn't tamper with or otherwise contaminate in some weird, potentially deviant way the refillable bottle of shampoo or other items, right, Danny. Danny's like, yeah, uh huh, you gonna use the mouthwash from a refillable bottle? Danny? Yeah, no, No, that's right, you won't, will you. I'm having a real weird day this morning. Well, since it is iHeart media aviation expert Jay Ratlift day, let's go to a Delta Delta flight. Actually the second time this has happened in the last several weeks. Flighting Friday Night's Delta flight one twelve to Boston for a rather Boston to Rome. Had to turn back over the Atlantic two hours after the departure, diverting to New York City when a passenger reportedly had what is described in quotes as severe bouts of diarrhea all over their seat. Airbus A three deemed to be a medical issue. Biohazards have been common theme recently, giving adulta given delta, getting passengers stick from moldy chicken and severe diarrhea flights, and this has happened recently. So chalk one out, another one out, and finally we have a woman facing charge in connection with a multiple vehicle crash Philadelphia's I ninety five left two people dead. This happened in March. Police alleged that this woman is under the influence of alcohol in the vehicle and hands free driving mode was in use at the time of the crash. Dimple is her first name. Dimple Patel, twenty three year old pre med student from Philly, charged August twenty eighth with DUI, tampering with evidence, reckless driving, homicide by vehicle, and related charges surrender to state police this week. Crash app in a quarter after three in the morning on March third. Read Prius disabled on the left shoulder corner to the police sitting slightly in the left lane, gray Hundi a Lantra directly behind the Prius. The authorities investigators believe the Hyundai driver identified his Tolabach. Esenbakov was assisting the pretest driver, a woman's name Akla Tech. Back to Bekhov, there's a mouthful, please say that. She was standing on the roadway near the front of the Elantra and Esenbakov was getting out of the car when the crash occurred. That's when Patel, who was driving a twenty twenty two yellow Ford Mustang Maki, allegedly struck the back of the Hyundai. She was going seventy one to seventy two miles per hour, was using the Blue Cruise hands free driving feature and adapted cruise control systems caused a four car crash with this back to Bikov and Esenbikov folks being struck. Both of them later died from their injuries. Pennsylvania State Police and the statements of the drivers using advanced technology should be prepared to resume control at all times. Quote no partially automated vehicle technology should ever be left alone to perform the driving tasks that are required to safely navigate the roads of the Commonwealth. Close quote Forge Blue Cruise system allows drivers to take their hands off the steering wheel while it handles steering, breaking, and acceleration on the highways. They say its system isn't fully autonomous, and it does monitor drivers to make sure they pay attention on the road unless you are well impaired. I guess that's her defense. Five fifty seven five kars De Talk Station plenty to talk about in the six o'clock hour. Your calls are quite welcome. He'll fulfill, ring me up. I'll be right back to so five the five karros De Talks Ation. Brian Thomas right here, glad to be. Got Danny Gleeson in there covering for Joseph Strecker, the vacationing Jusstrekker. Get any word from Joe Danny Internet from him? No, No, he hasn't contacted me either, And I'm hoping that like I would be doing right now if I was on vacation. He is dutifully sta at the back of his eyelids at ignoring the phone exactly ahead and try to call him. Can only imagine what kind of reaction you would get if you called him up. Danny. Anyway, you can feel free to call me if there's something you like to talk about. I'm still reeling over this going after the Russians in their effort to influence the twenty twenty four elections. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three, Taco Time Fight fifty on eight and t phones. You have Carosey dot com and you can't listen live. You want to hear it again? You want to refer a podcast to your friends. I had the Smith event on a late Smith event on Tuesday. That was cool, and I also want to quick again thank everybody he made it to weed them and brew House yesterday fun time. I really enjoyed it and don't hold them responsible. A little slow, but their Wi Fi system went down. They had plenty of staff there. The only problem is it was took a little bit longer to get lunch because they had to manually walk back every order to the kitchen, which is normally a Wi Fi connected thing. So they were very frustrated with their Wi Fi system. But they were very happy we were there, and they apologized to me for you know, for taking a long time. But word did not get around, so I heard some people grumbling and I had to explain it to him. So don't hold them responsible. Wi Fi system down. It's a tech issue, much like well the thirty two web domains that the Biden administration has taken down. Why well, because the Justice Department claimed it sees them because of its covert campaigns working with the Russians failure to register under the Foreign Agents Registrations Act Pharaoh, which immediately brought to mind Hunter Biden, who was literally working for foreign entities while peddling his wares globally.
Speaker 3: I e.
Speaker 1: The connection with his dad. Don't don't look over there though. Don't pay any attention to that. Don't pay any attention to Alexa telling you how awesome Kamala Harris is. When you ask whether or not you should vote or while they tell you that they stay politically neutral. When you ask the same question about Donald Trump, no no, no, no no, that's an American company. I guess they're allowed to do that. But if it's Russians doing it, ooh, we got to be fearful and how malleable are you? This is where I ultimately land on this. How malleable are you? Action targeted two employees of RT formerly known as Russian Today Russian state media outlet with content available in English. Oh my god, it's the Internet. Yeah, you can access sites like that. They charge this pair of Russians with violating the Foreign Agents Registration Act, say collectively, the two actions are some of the strongest moves ever taken under the Biden White House to confront accelerating efforts by the Russian government. The intelligence community has deemed quote the predominant threat to US selections close quote the Russian government really huh oh. And these are members of the intelligence community, the same folks that brought you the letters signed by fifty one current and former members of the intelligence community which told you Hunter Biden's laptop looked like ah, Russian propaganda. He and you know, do you really believe the Russians are the primary threat to the United States elections? They called this program or this I guess investigation dappelganger. They say the Russian effort employed a mix of creating sites with slightly different web addresses, mimicking US news outlets, one apparently appeared to look like the Washington Post, and they were filled with pro Russian narratives. Okay, Director Ray, when we learn that adversaries overseas or trying to hide who they are and where their propaganda is coming from as part of campaigns to deliberately sow discord, we're going to continue to do everything we can to expose their hidden hand and disrupt their efforts. Well, does that mean if they registered under Pharaoh that they would be free to speak in our country and they have the right to do that. Would it change your mind when you read a message if you knew that that message was brought to you by an entity funded by the Russians. But they were making an argument on that website that the war in Ukraine was a pointless, stupid gesture, that there should be a peace resolution or not, that they were advocating for further invasions into the country or not. Wouldn't you draw your own conclusions? I mean, it's a message, is a message, they're merely words, and that it's funded by the Russians, you obviously would know it would have a pro Russia bent. But anything that suggests something that benefits the Russian is obviously a pro Russian bent, and you may agree with it regardless of where that message come from. Oh maybe, like one of our elected officials in Washington. There are some that are pro Russia and want this war to rage, and there are others who are pro peace. Flip it over. Take the Russians out of the equation. Let's talk about the Palestinians, Hamas you know, and all the other terrorist organizations. Let's talk about genocide in Gaza. You know, Israel doesn't look at that situation as genocide. They look at it as defending their own borders. That's a message from the Israeli government. On the other side of the equation, you have message from Hamas terrorists who say, no, no, no, oh, oh my god, you're just killing Palestinians, this is genocide. Which message are you going to buy? Does it matter which side of the of the which side is being funded by the messaging. Ultimately you're gonna have to cane which side you're on on any given issue, Attorney General Merrick Garland said earlier this week. President Vladimir Putin's inner circle directed the influence campaign with a broader goal of drumming up support for Russia's invasion of Ukraine and securing Russia's preferred outcome in the election. And ah, they reference the election multiple times in the report, never specifically identifying Donald Trump as Russia's preferred candidate, but it pretty much is clear he is Russia's preferred candidate. He's less of an interventionist than the Biden administration or the Harris administration would be. Apparently, the American people are entitled to know when a foreign power is attempting to exploit our country's free exchange of ideas in order to send around its own propaganda. Merrick Garland said in a statement, our countries exchange of ideas? Does anybody remember politicians and other noted notables within the American government worried about quote unquote disinformation members of our various lettered agencies sitting inside the offices of Twitter and telling them what you and I can and cannot consume by way of content. Facebook same thing, suppressing messages. Mark Zuckerberg came out the other day and said, yeah, they came in and told me not to suppress all kinds of comments about COVID nineteen. We felt pressure by oh, the United States government to deny you the opportunity to spread a message about COVID.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 1: Obviously this is a question of whose ox is being gored, and more importantly, which message is being elevated. This whole thing is just as comical as can be for me. Let's see who got online first, Steve. Let's start with Steve. He's been online longer, Denesh, hang on, brother, we'll get to you second. Steve, thanks for calling this morning. Welcome to the Morning Show.
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, A couple of comments. First of all, not related to what I called about, but we've been on some long international flights. Two hours into a flight from Boston to Rome that had to turn that around, that had to be so absolutely horrific. And man, you're talking about get up five minutes before it happens and go to the lavatory and just camp out in there for an hour and then maybe they could have made the flight. But it's you know, it's it's so to a degree. Yeah, the person was not feeling well. I feel sorry for them, but do something.
Speaker 1: You know, you think there would be an easier solution than an airplane around. You're right up, you know the.
Speaker 5: Person waited long. I mean, you know, you're an adult. I'm assuming it wasn't a three year old child, but you know, you're an adult. You've got to get up and you know whatever.
Speaker 1: But what, Yeah, I have heard that the medical the medical term explosive diarrhea has come up in the context of using certain pharmaceuticals. In other words, it's as if you don't have enough time to do what you and I would consider normal, which is hmm, I I feel it coming on. I'm heading to the laboratory now before.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm thinking it doesn't just like snap your you know, snapping your fingers, doesn't just come from out of nowhere. You're you're already not feeling well. But what let's get away from That's okay, But that had to be so horrible. I mean, I can't imagine, No, I can't. But a couple of things. Election interference different uh countries interfering in elections. Yeah, no, we never do it. I wish the the elected leaders in this country would look in the mirror when they say thing things like that, because Barack Obama when and we do it all the time, but when he was president openly was opposing Benjamin Nett and Yahoo being elect or being re elected Prime Minister of Israel openly and the phoniness that you know, a foreign entity would interfere in an election of the United States. You know, we need to look in the mirror sometimes because as we're as guilty, I mean we we do. We think we're allowed to do it because we're the good guys. But the main reason I called yesterday, I'm driving around all day and I'm listening to fifty five k r C, thank you very much, and every half hour on the news update. And I know it's a liberal outlet or whatever you've mentioned it.
Speaker 6: Before, the.
Speaker 5: Option, I know, and whatever whatever's being paid for it. It's too expensive. You're you're over pay I don't care how cheapitness, but it is good for a smile. But I had to listen, and this has been debunked, probably from four or five days ago. I had to listen to John McCain's son ripping Donald Trump for the disgrace at Arlington National Cemetery. Nothing happened, the gold Star Families invited him, he was very dignified, and they're just talking about how how people pushed an attendant and they were causing problems and all that's been debunked already, and this supposed news outlet had a debunked story from days prior, and they all they wanted to do was rip Trump.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, maybe what do we learn from that? It obviously wasn't the Russians because it was an anti Trump story, So maybe the Chacoms paid off NBC.
Speaker 7: You know, yeah, yeah, wait for it.
Speaker 5: It was frustrating Mary.
Speaker 1: Garland to go after the Chai cooms for buying off you know, NBC or something like that. Yeah, this is the joke about the whole thing. See, you pay attention to what's going on in the news. You've read about and you heard about the stories, and you know it's been debunked. You have heard and read what was widely reported about the gold Star families. They specifically invited him. They welcomed him, they embraced him. He gave them comfort and solace. He was all positives from the actual people who lost family members, sons, daughters, friends, whatever in that terrible withdrawal from Afghanistan. They were the ones responsible for inviting them. They're the ones that were happy that he was there. They're the ones that wanted the photo op with him. It was all them, So you know that, and you also know when you hear lies from the mainstream media now, whether there was a Russia connection, a Chicom connection, Iranian connection, North Korean connection, whether they are just simply anti Trump biased in their news reporting. Welcome to the reality of the world. You got to be clear of thought, and you have to pay attention to what's around you or you might be swayed by bias, whether it comes out of a politician's mouth, a news reporter, talking head, your next door neighbor. Everyone's got an opinion, everyone's formulates thoughts, and it's incumbent upon you to separate the weef from the chaff. That's why I find this whole thing with the with the Russians and this disinformation just high comedy. We know our own government was messing with American corporate media outlets in terms of suppressing information. Information that many of us have now found out was, well, we were right all along six nineteen tonsh you are next, TI. I'm sorry I went long, but I had to get that out of my system. I feel like going that all morning six twenty four. I went three seven fifty eight hundred eight two three talk found five fifty on eighteen t phone heads straight to the phone, Denash, thanks for holding over the break there. Welcome back, my friend.
Speaker 7: Hi, good morning, Brian. I just wanted to give you an update on our calls on mRNA COVID injections. One of the questions people ask me when I'm presenting information to them or the groups the how come everyone is not experiencing the same adverse effects as even told, two hundred and seventy million Americans, according to CDC have been injected with this injection. So I couldn't answer that years ago, but finally we got the answer. Any of the government agencies HSS, NIH and IAD, FDA, CDC don't give you detailed information if they have quality control of what has been injected in a patient. But the independent scientists and doctors have been reporting that they can't even tell from time to time from the same manufacturer what exactly is in those bales. And they found out that even within the batch itself they find variants. And now there are court orders or rather suits from countries claiming that they were shipped millions of fils that did not even have mRNA in them. So what happened is a group of very highly qualified cyber data trackers decided to look into it that if this is an experiment being done by the government and the Defense Department and the Chinese and there must be some communications going on, and lord behold, they found it. It's called how Bad is My Batch? So they made a website available that if you have your batch number, at least you have a chance to look up on this website on the Internet. That it's free. They're asking for donations, of course, to cover their costs, but the person can at least get some information to what a group of people who got the shot of that particular batch can are reporting what their adverts effects are. So it's amazing that we have proof, like you're your collar before that the government really doesn't give you through accurate information. It's very politicized. They're covering it up. So it was really a breakthrough that I can share with anybody and I'm looking at myself how bad is my Batch? On the Internet, and they can research it to at least it evidently shows that there were multiple, multiple varieties of MR and A have injections that were shipped and sold and all the issues that they're claiming that to do they was safe and effective really goes out of the window.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, as I can only comment, since you're you're you're introducing the concept of you know, how bad is my batch for the first time to me? But safe and effective? I think we all are painfully aware of some of the downside and the wrists that have shown up after we collectively engaged in the largest trial of an untested vaccine in the world's history. But effective, it never was effective. They promised it would prevent you from getting the disease. It didn't, right, and you had to get multiple doses and it still didn't. I mean, look at Fauci. Fauci got COVID nineteen I think more like nine times or something like that. You know, Fauci has been injected six or seven times or whatever. So yeah, we know it's not effective. So uh, now we got to worry about whether or not we got a bad batch or maybe what was in the batch. Yeah, well, someday, Denesh, we may learn the truth. It's coming out. It takes a while, it's slow, it trickles out. But as we found out, like for example, was Zuckerberd's admission that they information about COVID nineteen was suppressed on Facebook, information that you and I both know was actually true at the time. We tried to utter it, yet our message wasn't able to get out because you know, our lords and masters had a different message they wanted to convey. SI Pot thirty two if you about karc de talk station, Happy Friday, EID and two three talk information, disinformation and spending this morning just laughing at the idea that we are shocked, shocked, my god, that the Russians are trying to influence us, or anybody else is trying to influence us. D Nash calls up. He's got a website. He brings up the point made by the site. You know, these different vaccines out there, the different batches, maybe they are different types of vaccines, and you search for that, and then look the Daily Beast, the shady site that shows anti vaxxers will believe anything other side of the coin. I don't know who's behind this particular site. I think the Daily Beast is typically a leftlock and excite anyway. But see here's one who tries that this this article debunks what Deness is telling you. Who's right exactly? Local stories U rest wore has been issued for a second person in connection with the investigation in the discovery a woman's body in a Middletown trash can. Happened earlier this summer. Forty five year old Brandon Davis is now wanted for complicity to aggravate and murder. According to the Middletown Police, Davis Warren Stem's from the investigation of the thirty five year old Asia Sloan. Investigations already led to the indict move another man, Perry Hart, fifty nine, under a six count indictment on two counts each of aggravated murder and having weapons on a disability in a single kind of murder and kidnapping, told Middletown Police in an interview last month he shot Sloane once in the head. She was reported missing in June. Her remains found in July first in a trash can on Centennial Street near Yankee Road. According to his indictment, heart quote did purposely or purposely and with prior calculation and design, cause the death of Aci Sloan. If convicted on the murder charge alone, he faces the possibility of up to three life sentences in prison, though often these charges merge at the discretion of the judge. Middle Temp police arrested Heart last month week after Sloan's remains were found. They took him into custody on two gun charges after spotting him walking in the same area with weapons in his backpack. He is prohibited from having weapons did a previous felony arrest. Apparently he doesn't care about the law. Detective interviewed him to find out what he saw, and he was named as present when this woman was allegedly killed. Arts bond set at twenty five thousand dollars on the gun charges, since he was already in general weapons charges. Butler County Prosecutor Mike Moses said he wanted to wait until they had the positive DNA to match before filing the aggravated murder charge against him. However, did or badly decomposed remains, which were left out four weeks in the heat of the summer, High Bureau of Criminal Investing gation not able to quickly positively identify her. Then August thirteenth, someone posted Hart's bond and he was released in the Butler County jail. Prosecutors found out early nearly a week later that on August nineteen. So then Moser gave Middle Temp police at greenlight to arrest him on the murder charge despite having no positive DNA match. There you got a local story anyway. Six thirty five. Feel free to call Love to hear from you if you've got a comment. Six forty year, if you got KERC Detalk station, Ryan Thomas, Fish Union, very happy Friday Eve fighting you stick around. Donovan and Neil. Americans for Prosperity coming up at seven thirty, changing gears a little bit away from election in their work. For for example, Bernie Marino to the cease and desist order Attorney General Yost sent to the Columbus public schools. So we're going to talk about that. Well, that'll take place at seven thirty. We'll hear from Aaron McIntyre with the book The Total State, How liberal democracies become Tyrannies. That'll BEDIGHTO five and of course I Heeart media aviation expert Jay Ratliffe at eight thirty five one three, seven, four, nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk pound FI fifty on at and T found just been having a real field day with this nonsense about you know us, Oh my god, the Russians are trying to influence our election. Is that there's something, you know, truly revealing. And I think the only reason that they're going to happen than Russian is because the Russians are more in the bag for Donald Trump than Kamala Harris. So you know, shift your attention over to the Iranians, for example, who would much rather deal with Kamala Harris or the Chinese Communist Party. But the Russians sense a more well a more favorable opinion about their the Ukraine invasion and the likelihood that'll get resolved in Russia's favor with the Trump administration. In the final analysis, literally, everyone who has a voice is trying to influence you. And that's the kind of the takeaway I get out of this. Everyone our politicians are influenced by messages. Some politicians are in favor of a resolution of the Ukraine Russian situation allowing Russia to take some of the land. Some don't care if Russia invades and takes over the entire country. Others think we're getting into World War three and that the Russians have designs on NATO entirely. And this is going to devolve into a global conflict. There are opinions across the spectrum. Some are well embraced by foreign powers, others embraced by people that we've elected in a higher office. Yo, welcome to the world we live in. Unrelated to anything along those lines, I don't know whether to feel sorry for or just really to just have a tremendous amount of disdain for her, or to have a tremendous amount of disdain for her but also feel sorry for her at the same time, poor little known Greta Thunberg. Danny Gleeson covered for Joe. Does she have a gnome like quality when you look at Greta Thunberg? Is that an accurate description from your perspective?
Speaker 8: Is that?
Speaker 1: Okay? Thank you? That's the first word that came to mind when I saw photographs over because she got arrested again, this time not for protesting against global warming or climate change or whatever you want to call it. This week she was protesting against the Israelis Students against the Occupation, anti Israeli activist group.
Speaker 7: Is It.
Speaker 1: Thunberg, notably famous for her climate activism, apparently has also been participating in a whole bunch of these anti Israeli protests started to remind me of sort of the Vietnam era, where all the well back then we were going to all freeze the death. The next Ice Age was coming about as a consequence of man made activity. The green folks, the environmentalists that was so popular in the late sixties, joining forces with the anti Vietnam folks and the communists and everybody else to protests in the streets, and of course most notably the Democratic Convention. So they're everywhere. But the funny thing is this student group was demanding the Copenhagen University and all of its partnerships and collaborations with Israeli universities. In the course of the reporting Fox News Andrews Hagstrom, thank you angers, the group highlighted the Erasthemus student exchange program that Copenhagen University participates in, which allows Israeli students to study in Denmark. Oh my god. The group also condemned the Nails Bore Institute, the university's physics department, named after the world famous physicist or happened to have been Jewish, So of course we're going to condemn a physics department simply because it was named after apparently world famous missed physicists who worked in the field of physics and apparently contributed tremendously to the world's knowledge in the area of physics, so much so that they named a blank in physics department after him. No, we can't have that, why because he was Jewish. How unbelievably horrifically racist and anti semitic is that, It's also pointed out. Critics of Thundberg argued her appearance at the protest was hypocritical because apparently one of the programs at Copenhagen University, which is the one that they were targeting in this protest, has been partnering with Israeli groups to solve climate change. But it's because Jews are trying to solve climate change at Greta Thunberg's saying no, hell no, and we'll get arrested and was arrested as a consequence of breaking into and taking over a building students. She had actually wrote this on her Instagram account, Students against the occupation. I are at the University of Copenhagen's administration building. Police have been called violently entered the building with a ram wearing assault rifles. They're evicting everyone as we speak. Students have been arrested and are being taken to the station at this very moment. Well, it's called trespassing, you little gnome. You were not lawfully in the building six forty six, in spite of the fact the reason you were in the building was absolutely one hundred percent profoundly anti Semitic. The shy I five fifty twof thing about Fara City Talk Station. We'll have time to talk off top of the Ernames' got Americans for Prosperity joining X seven thirty. The meantime, let's talk to Bill. Bill's called in from Florida. Bill. Welcome to the program. Thanks for calling in this morning.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, I always listened to you when I was up there before I moved away. It's one quick operation, kind of funny thing when you move away from the cinth of that area or migrate away from there. The retailer that I worked for up there deliterally a ton of getta every day, And if you mentioned heck to somebody else somewhere else, then look at your cross one like that.
Speaker 9: I know, I know you know.
Speaker 1: It's funny because when I practiced law in Chicago. I brought some of my fellow lawyers who were Chicago natives back with me a couple of trips. They came down to visit. We played golf and went out and you did the guy thing. And I introduced them to Ghetta and he was like, what's Getta? Are you kidding me? You never had Getta before? You fry some move and they tried like, oh, this is pretty good stuff. Like I know only people in Cincinnati are familiar with it, but that's hilarious. Oh real quick, since you called from Floridaville, I just have to mention this. I was at listener lunch yesterday and one of the couples there who I've seen at listener to lunch a bunch of times, they said, we listened to you when we were in Iceland. And I thought, that's a record for the morning show. You listened from Iceland, so I looked it up. Actually the record is Maureen who listens and live to the program while she was in Hawaii. Hawaii is forty three hundred miles away from here. Iceland is thirty one hundred miles away from here. But I still consider Iceland to be some form of record in terms of international listening anyway. So go ahead, Bill, what's your point today?
Speaker 3: So, no matter what negative things or dangerous things we find out about Carmela Harris or her socialist communists pick for president, no matter what we find out about that, there's forty eighty eight percent of the voters are going to walk in and vote Democrat no matter what. Yep, mindlessly low information voters.
Speaker 1: You are right, Bill, which is one of the reasons why I find this whole going after Russia and shutting down russia disinformation sites, I find so comical. You get the disinformation literally from anyone with a mouth, because everyone with a mouth has an opinion, and everyone has access to the Internet, and some people with mouths and of being social media the influencers for reasons I don't get or understand. But according to the Justice Department of the announcement shutting down these Russian sites, the Russians paid social media influencers, and the only crime apparently they committed is because they didn't identify themselves as Russians foreign the Pharaoh registration. So if they said, Hi, I'm with the Russian government, I have a check for fifteen thousand dollars if you would please pass along the message about why you think Russia is aoka in intruding and invading Ukraine, then they'll pay you. But if you don't tell them you're from Russia, apparently it's a crime. Regardless, someone out here in the world is going to listen to the message and either be swayed by it or not. Are you going to be swayed by it? I had a conversation yesterday lunch, speaking of lunch with a kid mentioned about that forty eight percent. That's the exact figure I used, wondering about how if Kamala Harris can actually win in spite of where she stands on various issues which we really aren't quite sure yet. I said, of course. And he's like, well, I said, because she's not Donald Trump. They've been beating up on Donald Trump now NonStop for the last how long? Since what twenty fifteen? This message paid for by foreign powers as well as domestic powers, funded by George Soros and the likes of Zuckerberg and other wealthy people and other organizations. They have a message they are trying to sway people, and the one message that they have been uniform on, at least on that side of the political ledger, is that Trump is evil orange man, filling the blanks with all the adjectives they always used to associate with Trump, all of them pejorative chapter chapter Trump to top to topter Trump. You know, anybody who's not Trump is going to get a vote if you are on the left hand side of the ledger period in the story, notwithstanding the fact that you're voting for someone who is absolutely going to undermine your personal best interests, whether it's racking up the national debt, giving away free stuff, and think further exacerbating our financial realities and problems that we have going on in this world right now. Give the problems to the government. They're going to solve them. How well has that worked out for you? City of Cincinnati is forty years behind and keeping its roads and infrastructure up to speed. You keep voting for him, yet your street fred hasn't been fixed yet. Why Because they're not Republicans, they're Democrats, and therefore we've got to vote for them. How does that make any sense? Well to the clear thinking, rational, logical, reasonable person who pays attention to the issues, that person realizes that government is not the solution, and most of the things that government has handed over or been given the responsibility for hasn't worked out so well. Five fifty six, thirty five krs of the dog station. Feel free to call Kevin on the line. Will get you out of the gate if you don't mind holding for a moment. Kevin, I'll be happy to talk to you, but I am out of time in this segment, and we'll hear from Donovan and Hill from Americans First Prosperity at seven point thirty.
Speaker 6: Be right back.
Speaker 1: Seven oh six at fifty five kir CD talk station. Brian Thomas here, wishing you a very happy Friday eight. Looking forward to the bottom of the hour, Americans for Prosperity, Donovan and Eale returns, and instead of talking about Bernie Marino's campaign and the work at AFP Action is doing, which you can help out with AFP action dot Com, we're gonna be talking about uh well, Attorney General Yost here in the state of Ohio and the letter cease and desist. Letter is sent to Columbus Public School so that the subject bottom of the hour one hour from now are in McIntyre with the book the Total State how liberal democracies became tyrannies, frightening stuff that that'll be at eight o five and then iHeart me the aviation expert Jay Ratliffe segment I always truly enjoy as we wind down a Thursday, segue to an always lighter Friday, the meantime over to the phones five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phone that always remember never forget fifty five cars dot com. You can stream the audio directly from the website. You can get the iHeartMedia app and listen wherever your smart device happens to be. Kevin, thank you for holding over the break and welcome to the Morning show.
Speaker 4: Thank you good to talk to you. My smart device is in Anthon's, Alabama, the Free State.
Speaker 1: Ah from Alabama. I love this. Yeah, this is awesome. I'm telling you, man, you have no idea I know modern technology. I shouldn't be amazed that you know the Internet. And as I've been talking about all morning, yeah, the Russians have access to the Internet too. Da they have a message they want to spread. Yeah, Dah, you got to be smart and be smart and logical and reasonable about your conclusions about any given subject matter, not just be swayed by one source or another, but the whole idea that I got people from Alabama, I got people in Hawaii, I got so many people in Iceland. Listen. Just amazes me, just really does, and it warms my heart. So thanks for calling this morning.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm glad too, but I had to say, there's too much of the money that we don't know where it goes in Ukraine. But I think I stumbled upon maybe some of it. This past Saturday, I heard a BBC reporter interview three different women in Ukraine who had opened up Each of them opened up a cafe what they called I believe they called memory cafes donn or their husbands or sons that were killed in the war. Yeah, so when asked, the reporter asked one of the women, that seemed like a pretty expensive thing to do nowadays. Where do you get the money for this? One of the women said, well, the families of each of the soldiers killed receives the equivalent of over three hundred thousand dollars. So my question is are we funding that when or even apportion that when? Well, of course, soldiers of American families only receive one hundred thousand dollars that they're killed in combat.
Speaker 1: Yes, I would argue absolutely if any money, now this is where the money is fungible. Reality must set in and has to set in everywhere, even when you're talking about the city of Cincinnati and whether it's going to use the railroad sale money for things other than existing infrastructure. If you as a country, say the United States gives the Ukraine, another country say, oh, I don't know, thirty billion dollars or one hundred billion dollars. They have their already existing financial obligations. Maybe it includes paying death family members of the equivalent of three hundred thousand US dollars when their son, daughter, or other combatant is lost in action. So if we're giving them money that allows and frees up money that they otherwise had that was going to go to other projects, say buying weapons, keeping their infrastructure alive. It frees up the money. So in some way, shape or form, it's just one big pile of money. And if we add to that pile, of course, we are in some way, shape or form funding that particular payment. Fungibility. There you have it. We could say it's only for military weapons. We can say it's only so they can acquire long range missiles. They can say it's only for them to acquire F fifteens or sixteens or whatever. But if they wanted to buy them anyway, they would have had to find the money. It just helps them defray the costs. So fungibility of money. Yes, we are probably paying for the cafes that are open, and God bless them. Appreciate it, man, I really do. Let's see. Oh my god, Square dance self identified Square Dancing Todd is back. I asked, because Joe Strecker has certain numbers programmed with names, because you know, there are regular callers into the show, and so I know exactly who it is. And I said, Danny was that in the system. He goes, no, no, he said he was Square Dancing Todd.
Speaker 10: Okay, yes, I'm not a Russian agent.
Speaker 1: Okay, fine, I would get that clear.
Speaker 10: Let's do it, and your dear listeners.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough, foreign power. Fine, you have to register under Pharaoh like Hunter Biden should have, but has never been charged with not doing anyway, I was.
Speaker 10: Hearing about you talking about influencing and so This may be the last time I mentioned square dancing, but I think it's been about nine months since I've been trying to influence somebody to start square dancing. And I've invented a new word to describe me, and it's an influencer, because I have not been successful at all.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sorry to hear that this is the it's the square dancing event that it takes place what every week, isn't it in Wyoming?
Speaker 10: It's every other week, yes, once every two weeks. And I was calling the hopes that this is a golden opportunity to start square dancing. And I recommend this for Brian Thomas Morning show listeners because we're informed people and we're aware of all the kind of unsettling is not disturbing and depressing news of the world because we're not afraid to face reality, right. And I've found my own personal instance. When I'm concentrating on the square dance, it shoves all that garbage out of my mind for a short while. It's like a mini vacation for me, and I really benefit from it. And that's why I'm sharing it with you.
Speaker 1: I understand that all day long. You know, it's what I do when I get home, much of the chagrin of even myself, because I sort of look outside myself and stare at myself sitting on my screened in back porch with my laptop on my lap, watching some inane movie on Netflix after the fifty five cares some morning show's over. Now, that's a daily routine for me. And you know why I'm doing that. I'm not really watching the movie. I am meditating. In essence. It is a distraction that keeps my mind from swirling with rivulets of thought about all the crap that's going on in the world. It's a reprieve for me find something fun to do, whether it's square dancing or watching a movie or engaging an outdoor activity, spending time with family. As long as you're not thinking about politics and the crap that's going on in the world that otherwise agitates you makes you an upset person, and you have found something that's worthwhile doing.
Speaker 10: And I'm called today because there are three square dancing beginner classes starting now, okay, and one is starting tomorrow evening at the ind O Hi at the Saint Dominic's Church and it starts at six o'clock. All right, And next week there's one starting in Wyoming at the Wyoming Civic Center and it starts at six o'clock. And these the beginning class runs for about thirteen weeks and six dollars each week per person, So it's not and it's and I recommend it highly to my fellow Brian Thomas Morning Shoe listeners to have a mini vacation for six dollars a week.
Speaker 1: And if you're a person of Todd's age and you happen to be of the female persuasion, you may end up with a date, because Todd's been desperately looking for a date and he's trying to figure out of getting some more women to show up at the square dancing classes. So it could be a couples event, it could be a singular opportunity. But it's supposed to be fun, and I imagine it is. And of course it is something that can keep your mind off the troubles of the world, even if just for a short period of time, making it a worthwhile endeavor. I wish you all the best of luck with your efforts. Squared. Todd doesn't appeal to me, quite honest with you, but you know what I'm not much of a dancer, and I find dancing to be the most socially weird concept ever. It's you're doing something that no one would ever do outside of a dance opportunity. You know, you go to a club, you dance at a club any other time in your life. If you started dancing or acting that way, I mean, the cops may come and arrest you and think you on methanphetamine or something like that. It's just it's a weird social phenomenon. I'm sorry. That's just the way I have you dancing throughout history. Anyhow, Good luck, Todd, I wish you all the best and spreading the news about Yes, square dancing is an opportunity for you. Talk station Donald any Americans for Prosperity have next Ohio issue a seasoned assist letter. We're gonna be talking about it. Issued by Attorney General David Yost here in Ohio, and that'll be next. In the meantime, it's go to the phones. They got Chuck on the line. Chuck, thanks for calling this morning. Happy Friday Eve to you.
Speaker 11: Hey, Brian, thanks for taking my call. Appreciate all you do.
Speaker 1: Thanks Man, appreciate you calling in what's on your mind today?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean there's just so much going on in my head. And look, call me a conspiracy theorist, but ninety nine percent of my conspiracies, if you wait long enough, they end up coming true. So I just have a couple of points, Chuck.
Speaker 1: That's why you are a pattern observer, not a conspiracy theorist, a pattern observer.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 8: I appreciate the kind words. Just a couple of things that have been rattling in my head lately. Is and I don't think anybody talks about it. Clay and Buck don't talk about it. Sean Hannity, No, all the news, the Gateway, Pundit, Breitbart, nobody really talks about it. But have we ever thought that COVID was done intentionally to destroy the economy during Trump's first presidency, Like they had to find a way to destroy the good, the good employment, the stock market, they had to find a way to put fear in people, and they're doing.
Speaker 1: It again now.
Speaker 8: You know, I can't walk into Trader Joe's with a red make America Great Again hat, but I see all these people with you know, Harris Wall's T shirt.
Speaker 11: Parably, not a lot of people.
Speaker 4: But anyway, I just thought i'd.
Speaker 1: Comment on that, yeah thing, I wanted to say, I disagree with your conclusion along those lines. If it had happened earlier in the Trump administration, maybe onto something. Remember, COVID didn't kick in in earnest and really until like twenty twenty, and by then, you know, was the end of his term and Biden was taken over. And so Biden ended up with the really the most devastating effects of COVID kicking in on his watch. Real estate price as obviously had gone through the roof, resulting in taxes increase, and you know, inflation pressure, supply chain disruptions which persisted through his administration. So you know, Biden's getting the blame for a lot of things that really we can point to COVID as having spawned, regardless of why. The ultimate reason COVID was unleashed on the globe, whether it was by accident or intentionally, I mean, he suffered the brun of it under his administration. That's why people say, hey, were you better under Trump? Or you are you better now under Biden? It's easy to say, well, hell, I was better under trumpet for no other reason, the gas prices were lower and I could still afford to ols.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but it was also coming up to that election time, and there was there was something that had to put people voting from home.
Speaker 1: Yea, there is that. But then here's the other component. And as we've learned, when you start analyzing the PPP loans and all that trillions of dollars that was infused, you know, to help people deal with the effects of COVID. Remember how many cities were bankrupt, how many cities, Blue Democrat cities were financially underwater because of underfunded pension programs, how many were struggling infant and all that money helped solve a lot of those problems for these left leaning cities. So thankfully COVID came along, providing an opportunity to infuse trillions of dollars into the economy in these various cities. Perhaps, oh, I don't know, to build a water park, you know, like the one I talked about in Illinois the other day. So you know, there's a lot of layers on this. When you can sort of point to and come up with observations about leading me to perhaps conspiracy sounding conclusions.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 8: And then just one more point I'll make and then I'll hang up, and you go on with your day and keep keep doing what you're doing, like I said. But one thing I think strategically, Walls was picked by Harris and was and and Shapiro was not chosen for a reason. They have to win Pennsylvania, and Pennsylvania is critical for the Dems, and they need Shapiro in place to make sure that that voting whatever they got up their sleeves happens just like it did in twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: So anyway, but why didn't they go with Shapiro. Why didn't they choose Shapiro? Why did they go with the very left leaning blue state Walls.
Speaker 8: I think they need Shapiro in place as governor because of what he's able to help with behind the scenes and making sure that, yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go with something simpler. They couldn't go with a Jewish person because of the problem they have in their party with the Palestinian reality. That's their problem. Kamala Harris is full on pro Palestine, and I think she wouldn't utter the syllables out loud, but I think she's very much anti Israel. So they have that wing of their party that they need to play kate and keep in line. And if they had gone with a Jewish person as vice president, what as the bubble and a lot of Palestinians would have been rather angry about that, if for no other reason than just plain old, flat out antisemitic.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well this is the government our founders warned.
Speaker 1: Us about, right, Yes it is. We all have to pay very close attention and draw our own conclusions regardless of where the source comes from. Appreciated Chuck, thanks to the kind words and for listening to the program. My friends figure around. We got donaldan neil coming up next seven thirty one. If you have KCD talk station. Happy Eve Friday, Eve being even extra happy because today the return of Donald O'Neil from Americans for Prosperity, And normally we're talking about Americans for Prosperity and most notably AFP action, which is the way that you can help Americans for Prosperity. Well, get out there and spread the word about candidates like Bernie Marino. But today we're gonna be talking about Attorney Generald General David Yost in a cease and assist letter he sent welcome back Donovan O'Neil, it's always a pleasure for having you on the show.
Speaker 9: I'm happy to be here.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, the left most notably in fact, it's really interesting the timing on this could have been bettered. Jason Riley op ed piece in The Wall Street Journal Biden Harris worked to crush school competition. They are opposed to charter schools, and of course they're opposed to school choice. But the people like the option of being able to send their kids at charter schools and also private schools, and they want school choice. So they're on the wrong side of the equation on this. Apparently the Columbus schools kind of feel the same way.
Speaker 2: They do.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Columbus public schools, you know. So here just the lay the foundation for this conversation as well. Brand So, you know, in the state of Ohio we have we have a lot of school choice. We have public schools, private schools, charter schools, online, you have a lot of options. But regardless of the option you pick in the state of Ohio, because we fund our public education with property tax dollars and other moneys, but mostly property tax dollars, transportation is part of that. Every school district in the state of Ohio has an obligation to provide transportation to the students to the end that transportation includes the education options that the family picks. But in the city of Columbus, they've decided to get a little bold here and say, we just can't do that anymore. We're not going to transport students to their schools of choice. And if you don't like that, you can just go to your public school. There's a few other options there, but largely that's what they're doing. And so we pay for this with our taxpayer dollars and Columbus schools and we think there might be more out there.
Speaker 10: Columbus schools have said.
Speaker 9: We're not going to do that anymore, and it's putting families in a really tough tight position.
Speaker 4: Hm.
Speaker 1: Well, charter schools, I mean, we have families of very modest incomes, folks on life's you know, financial margins that do attend charter schools that children do quite often those individuals maybe don't have te transportation of their own. I saw this article out of uh let's see it was, I think one of the local news outlets in Columbus. The quote to a woman named Crystal Green said she did not have a way to get her son to school on his first day, and then her son attends a charter school, and there's the Columbus school. That school is basically saying, sorry, sucks to be you. We don't care about people who are in that category.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well, and that's that's a really tragic thing, right. You can read a number of articles coming out about this over the last couple of days that quote parents who were caught blindsided by this, who are unable to get their kid to their school have had to shake up plans and you know how frustrating that. I mean, well, on one hand, it's frustrating, but the real tragedy is the education loss an opportunity that's occurring here because of the decision by administrators to look the other way and put these families in a in this position. And here's the deal. They have the money to do this as well. This isn't this isn't necessarily a budget kid straint, Brian, there's the money, is there? More money has been invested in public education in the last two years than in the number of years. And what we have here, though, is I think administrators playing politics with families who are seeking school choice, and we need to just bring that to light and show it for what it is.
Speaker 1: Well, absolutely, and this is I think I wish more Republicans would champion out loud and regularly the idea of school choice. I just I honestly, Donovan, I know, with the exception of members of the Public school Teachers Union, I cannot really personally imagine a family that wouldn't embrace the idea, whether or not they want to send their kids to the public school anyplace else, just the point of having the choice to go where they want. What's wrong with it? I thought Democrats were a champion of choice. Yeah, you can have your baby killed at eight and a half months, that's a okay with us. But no, when it comes sending your kids to a school that performs better than the public schools which are failing, then no, you can't have that. We need to support the public teachers Union. This is just an illustration of how they're waging this war.
Speaker 9: Well, and that's why I want to, you know, want to bring that up here on your show, because you know, we need to see I've heard rumbling. You know, we're we're a grassroots organizations so we travel around a state, we've got a pretty good feel for what's going on out there around the state and what families are experiencing, and you know, making sure that folks are paying attention to this. I don't think this is only happening. I can't imagine this is only happening in Columbus public schools. These transportation issues probably are out there and a number of areas, and they are areas that you know, to bring it to your point, Brian, I think here is that there are areas that are traditionally democrat or blue areas, areas that are underserved in education options and when means charter schools or private schools. And with the expansion of the school choice in the state of Ohio, more families have outpportunity to get their kids out of a failing government funded school and put them in a school that meets that child's needs. Yet, when the transportation options are pulled out from underneath them, that that reality that opportunity is operates instantly, and so we need to make sure that folks are being vigilant and pulling out their school districts. It's the transportation options aren't being provided for them.
Speaker 1: Well, I know they struggle with transportation issues here in the city of Cincinnati, and I'm not quite sure how they resolved that for this year, my understanding was resolved, but quite often it's you know, public transportation, like regular buses are being used. But I mean, your point is really a point that that Attorney General Yost made, which is, look, you have to do this. The money is there, and your obligation is to provide the transportation, So do it. I mean, is there any defense from the Columbus Public Schools to Attorney General David Yost's point on that and the point that you're making here on the Morning Show this morning, Donovan.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know they're saying that they have if it's if it's in just what the utual language is here, but if it's if they can't they determined that they can't actually do it, like there's a challenge or it's impractical to transport, impractical to transport the language the wou'd use there. There there are some exceptions, and I think that's where Columbus City Schools is saying, we made this determination that it's impractical to transport these students to their schools of choice for any number of reasons. The argument, though, right, that the Attorney General is making is that that that may not exactly be the case, and when parents are appealing those decisions, they're being rejected. I think that's what he's his office is taking a look at, is to say, Okay, you're making this determination, but this might be a bogus determination, and you're doing it for reasons that aren't entirely above board. And that's what I think we need to make sure parents are equipped to do. But you know, I wouldn't put it past the school districts out there right, who are frustrated with the choice options that exist, especially in a heated political year, to be utilizing something like transportation right, like how do you how is your child going to get to school? Right as a pressure point to try to make choice options limited in their communities. And we really need, folks, you know, to be focused on you know, we need the school districts to be focused on what their mission is, what we fund them with our taxpayer dollars to do, which is to help make sure that our kids have access to good education, whether it's at the public school, the private school, the charter school, and.
Speaker 8: What have you.
Speaker 9: That's their mission and their purpose. That's why we fund them with our tax dollars. And when they fail to meet their obligations, we got to hold them accountable.
Speaker 1: Indeed, and that's what AFE does. And I'm glad you're on the program talking about the efforts by Attorney General David jose to force the schools to step up into the plate and honor their obligations, even though it may result in fewer students going to public schools. Why because parents have a choice and would rather send them to a school that's going to provide the educational needs for their children. Huh. Fancy concept that one. And again universal a political across the board. Everyone should embrace this reality. So what what what's your what's your parents? Who are listening to this too? I mean, if they haven't experienced this themselves, I understand it won't be an issue for them. But get involved. I suppose get you know, get on school boards, get elected, or otherwise participate. I mean we need engagement, don't we.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Well, if you if you're listening to this and you're saying, huh, you know what, I got a letter my school district said they can't transform a kid and I've just been trying to figure it out ever since. I'd say, if you've gotten something like that, or if you're if you're experiencing trouble with your school district getting your kid transported, uh, get involved in that local school board and start pushing back a little bit. But I'd also encourage you reach out to the Attorney General's office, and they're an advocated for the citizens a LITTLEHIO. They're going to make sure that the laws are enforced, and let them know if you're experiencing that. Oftentimes, you pull one small thread right like yes, fum the schools, and you begin to unravel the whole quilt. Let's just make sure that's not sure that this isn't a systemic issue. Hopefully it's just the symptom in Columbus. It's an incident in Columbus. But if you're having those troubles as a listener, reach out to training General's office and makes you start pushing back against your school board, tell them they got to transport your kid.
Speaker 1: All right now, to boil it down in the file analysis, it sounds to me, based on what you said here in the Morning Show, that there are exceptions to the overall mandate slash obligation to provide transportation. But you have to have basically a specific reason why it's impractical or not they can't meet that need. That's something that they need to prove it. It's almost like a due process analysis.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and I think what you would think about with that brain right, is I can't enroll my kid in a school in Cleveland and expect them to get bused there every day, exactly right, that's impractical.
Speaker 11: But look, you've got these buses.
Speaker 9: Driving through a neighborhood, and you've got you know, you've got school within a community within a town that are community charter schools. They are your student ought to be able to get bust to those get bus to those schools.
Speaker 1: That doesn't seem unreasonable to me, certainly it is not to me either. Afpaction dot Coms we can help out. They'll teach you how to go door to door, like to help work on Bernie Morina's campaign Donovan real quick before we part company this morning. I've seen a lot of Bernie Moreno spots on the regular programs that my wife and I watch. I've gotten a lot of mailers out there, so it seems like the campaign is kicked off in ernest and I know even helping out with that, and you've gotten ahead of the curve on it. Everything looking good in terms of your work on behalf of Bernie Morena.
Speaker 9: Things are looking great. We've got a day of action this Saturday and there was a poll floating around social media with Bernie Moreno up one point. We think we've closed the gap and have Bernie and shared Brown neck and Neck right now. We'll spread for the next sixty days to election day to put them.
Speaker 6: Over the top.
Speaker 1: Afpaction dot Com to help out and they'll give you all the resources you need to do just that. Donovan and Neil, God bless you. Thank you and everyone at AFP for what you do each and every day. And I know you'll be on the program again real soon. Fo to having you back. Seven fifty one. Coming up on some fifty two about Fair City Talk Station, we hear from RM macintye with the book The Total State, How Liberal Democracy has become Tyrannies at the top of the air news Jay Rattler at eight thirty jumping over the phones, got a couple of callers on Long and Try Again. Both in start with Jim has been on hold longer. Jim, thanks for calling this morning. Happy Friday Eve, Good morning.
Speaker 2: Brian, Happy Friday evening to you. Got I don't quite agree with what we just said about school bussing. Was on the board in West Claremont for a term and we did not supply bussing to anybody in the high school. And we changed at the point when I was on before I got to the board, no, anybody k through eight outside inside of two miles, And if we had people that went to a private school or charter school, if they were outside a half hour, we did not have supply.
Speaker 1: Well, that outside half hour goes to Donovan and Neil's point, like, you're not going to get somebody to take you free transportation if you're in if you go to school in Cleveland, you live in Columbus. That may have been within the parameters of no, we do not have to do it under the law. But I guess my first question is, I don't know when this law is enacted that Attorney General Yost is trying to enforce, and I don't know when you were on the board. Maybe the situation with regard to busting obligations has changed maybe the law that Attorney General Yost is referring to is a more recently enacted law obligating the Columbus schools to provide this this busting for charter schools. It could be, and I don't know, I am not. I do not profess to be an expert on it. Yeah, I do not profied expert on it. That's why I rely on Donovan on this one and his and I rely on Attorney General Yost in his opinions.
Speaker 2: And the other thing was that somebody, if we have one student going to a school away from us, we did not necessarily have to provide a busting or transportation to them if the parents agreed to accept the stipends from the school district to get to provide their own transportation.
Speaker 1: And that makes sense. That's the return of the taxpayer dollars that have been allocated for transportation to the family. It's almost like my advocacy for school choice. Let the dollars go to the family and let the family make the choice on where they go to school, and that would take the direct payments of the public education system out of the equation and force them to compete with the obviously better performing charter schools and in many cases better performing private schools. Appreciate to call my friend. And again I don't profess to be an expert on school bussing. Generally speaking, Sean, welcome to the program, A happy Friday, ev you, sir, Thank you for.
Speaker 6: Taking my call, sir, real quick? Should we be giving litmus tests to voters before they're allowed to vote? And secondly, I know nothing about Bernie Marino. Can you inform me a.
Speaker 1: Yes, Berniemarina dot com. It's all right there. And I would recommend, in addition to looking at why he's look at his endorsements. This guy has been endorsed by I think there are more endorsements for Bernie Morena than there are voters in the state of Ohio. You got your choice. It's Bernie moreno businessman, conservative, a small government kind of guy, or what you got now? Shared Brown, who is one of the most leftist leaning senators we've got, voting with the Biden administration in spite of his efforts to pain himself as a moderate fighting with the Biden administration, and I think what was it ninety eight percent of the time. Yeah, there are obvious distinctions between the two Berniemarno dot Com to get a lot of information about who he is, what he stands for, and it's a very easy and stark contrast to what we're dealing with right now. Seven fifty five fifty five KRSITY Talk Station, The Total State how liberal democracy has become Tyrannies. That's after the top of the IRO News with author Aaron McIntyre, and of course eight thirty with Jay Ratliffe. I'll be right back eight oh five and fifty five kerr CD Talk Station. A very happy Friday Eve to you, Brian Thomas. Happy to welcome the fifty five Carecy morning. So you're kind of continuing the theme that I launched into this morning about this ridiculous effort to go after Russians for alleged misinformation. Apparently they think the Russians are in the can with the Trump administration, but they're trying to suppress communication. Generally speaking, everybody's got an opinion, everybody's got a mouth. I'm sure the Russians have one, I have one.
Speaker 6: You have one.
Speaker 1: Just depends on how closely you are paying attention to the facts and so you can discern truth from falsehoods and draw your own conclusions. A man who knows all about this. My next guest Aaron or Rn McIntyre. He is a calmness lecture author of a book we're gonna be talking about today focusing on the application of political theory. Host of The r In McIntyre Show. You can find them on podcasts with the Blaze. Search for your podcast and check out his program. Today we're going to talk with about his book The Total State, How Liberal Democracies become Tyrannies. Welcome to the program, Arn McIntyre. It's a real pleasure to have you on today. Thanks for having me. You focus a lot about the whole COVID thing. I mean, look, we just said Mark Zuckerberg come out the other day admit that the government suppressed and forced him on Facebook to suppress what we now know to be true, honest, genuine, factual information about COVID. But no, no, no, that went against the government narrative, so we can't have any of that. Last time I checked, Arn, we have a First Amendment, the right to free speech and free assembly whatever happened to that, as well as the Fourth Amendment right to be free of unreasonable searches and seizures. You and I could go on for hours.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and really, I do at length in the book explain what happened with a lot of these changes.
Speaker 6: A lot of what has.
Speaker 11: Happened is that the authority of the government, the authority that was supposed to be restrained inside the first three articles of.
Speaker 4: The Constitution, has been shifted into.
Speaker 11: A number of different institutions. A lot of people, of course, have heard of the deep state. That's what a lot of people call the unelected bureaucracy of the federal government. But on top of that, we have institutions like social media, like academia, like your regular news media, and all of these wild enormous amounts of power, in many cases some of the powers that we're intended to to be part of the government. And now that those are no longer something that is under the umbrella of the government, the Constitution no longer applies. So what's happening regularly is that the federal government is basically shopping out censorship programs places like Facebook or other news media to make sure that while they while the speech is still being restricted, no technical First Amendment violations are being committed.
Speaker 1: Yes, But as I am an attorney, and I do recall the political reality of the legal reality that if a government is working and is inextricably intertwined with a private business, that private business can be deemed to be part of the government and ergo must honor our constitutional rights. And I certainly believe that was the case in connection with the government's hand in hand work with formerly known as Twitter, as well as Facebook and other social media outlets. So it just depends on how far across the line they go on that.
Speaker 11: But the problem is that we continuously see that these people are not about to heal under any kind of restriction. And unfortunately, it's obviously not just private companies, like you said, it's also institutions that are supposed to be objective. One of the reasons that so many people lost faith institutions, correctly so, during something like COVID is that the government was willing to go ahead and censor and manipulate data for purely political purposes in institutions like public health, which are supposed to be above all this. And really one of the things that I point out repeatedly in the book is that the neutral institution is itself a myth that a lot of our governance is currently based on. We have moved so much of the authority of especially the legislative branch, into these regulatory agencies that are not actually seeing proper oversight, and they're the ones that are really writing the laws at the end of the day with their application. You know, we look at a situation like COVID. We thought that Donald Trump was the elected president of the United States, but in the state of exception, the moment in which all of these rules seem to be suspended so that people can feel during the during the pandemic. Instead it's actually Anthony Fausci. He seems to be giving out orders.
Speaker 1: Indeed, and you know, one of the worst states that defended that. The sort of the entire process, the constitutional reality of separation of the powers and the fact that laws have to be passed. Pennsylvania, they just change their election laws on a whim. There's one day that was this way, and the next day, oh no, you've got ten extra days and you can do this and you don't need to provide that. It's like, wait a second, that was just an edict from on high. There was no legislation passed. Their electoral rules were not changed by the legislative branch and then signed into law by the governor. It just happened overnight. I think the problem is we let it happen.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 11: And the issue is when all of these rules are being violated simultaneously, simultaneously, both by government agencies and by different organizations, it's difficult to chase all these violations down. And that's really the issue. When these organizations seem to act in some level of synchronicity, even though there's no direct coordination from some kind of organization on high than what you have is a scenario where thousands of violations are occurring simultaneously. There's no way that any watchtag organization is going to be able to bring legal pressure simultaneously across all of his organizations, and so much of this slips through and starts becoming precedent or the way the things just get done. It comes standard operating procedure inside the organizations.
Speaker 1: So, and I know what you're saying, we live through it all with COVID. I mean, we have a Republican governor who said you can go to a bar, but you can't drink after ten pm. You can stay there, but you can't drink after ten. Now, what the hell is that? There's no scientific foundation for that. It sounded stupid when it came out of his mouth, but there they were honoring the rule and not serving drinks after ten pm. How do we deal with this problem? Obviously it was a multi state, global issue. Everyone was freaked out because our messengers were freaking everyone out and allowed people to sort of accept this dracone in response and this violation of our constitutional light rights and just swallow it whole without even arguing about it. Yeah, I give you a great illustration, like the very close after this whole COVID nineteen, he hit the fan. There was a protest in downtown Cincinnati, and I had to then fopeach President on saying, these people are crazy. They shouldn't be allowed to be out in the streets. And I'm thinking, you got a right to free assembly. You can't tell people they're not a lot of walk outside and engage in a protest. That's a constitutional right, and he keeps like, you know you're right on that. I mean, I was wrong, But the defiance and the actual embracing of the right to free assembly was outright rejected and condemned by elected officials. Across the board because well, COVID, that's why. So Aaron, Aaron, what are we to do about this? Because it shouldn't ever happen in the first instance, but we just witness it happening, and everybody feels like it's going to happen again in a moment's notice.
Speaker 11: Well, the two things that I think are really critical is one, as I look back into the history of the Constitution and political constitutions in general, one of the things that I noticed is a lot of Americans just assume that because some restriction is written down on paper, that's the law. That's it, that's the only decision to be made. But of course the founding fathers knew, along with most other political theoris, you know, many hundreds of years ago, understood that ultimately a constitution is only the reflection of the values of the people, and if the people are not themselves invested in any of these rights, the fact that they happen to be written down on paper doesn't actually protect them. The fact that most of the stuff didn't really mean a lot of people ultimately they were willing to put up with whatever happened, whatever their local government was telling them to comply. With whatever national government was telling them to comply with is really a huge part of the issue. But the other part is really the manner in which we've centralized control and management of so many of the problems. When you have something like this, a state of emergency that suddenly enabled a government to make sweeping decisions without going through the proper process, and you centralize everything into these massive agencies that control the entire country or in some cases, international agencies that are pushing things top down into multiple nations simultaneously, then you end up in a scenario where one bad decision or one decision to ignore the science ends up affecting the entire nation or in some cases the entire globe.
Speaker 1: And I guess the other component of this, and I when you're remind the litigation attorneys what I practiced for sixteen years, I know how damn expensive it is. And I think a lot of it. People are unwilling to push back, Like, for example, if you said, you know, they said you're not allowed to go to church. Again, that's the first and foremost mentioned in the First Amendment. You know, the right to free exercise of religion also free assembly. You should be allowed to go to church, and you should be able to congregate with the folks, but you're afraid to do that because some law or some edict or rule has been written down saying you're not allowed to do it. You're not going to break the law, the law or the statement, even though it isn't a lawful law, because you can't afford to go to court and defend yourself. You'll have to go through the arrest process, You'll have to get a lawyer defend yourself. And some people are like, you know what, it's just not worth it. I can't afford the time, hassl or trouble, so I'll let my rights be taken away.
Speaker 11: Well, and let's not forget that the entire federal government was acting to Splanner anybody who pushed back against this. So everybody who said, oh maybe this isn't this big issue, maybe it's okay if we get together. They were Russian assets, right like they were literally abel traders and foreign agents. And you know, science deniers, you know, everyone is simultaneously some kind of evil agent or Putin and some kind of backwards toothless hits who doesn't believe in science. If they think I could probably go to church. If I'm you know, not immuno compromised and under sixty years old, it's probably not that big a deal. You know, you have to lie to a lot of people. You have to hyper propagandaize them to make them actually believe when they look outside and everything's fine and there aren't a lot of dead people in the streets the Black Plague, that there's actually some kind of global, massive pandemic happening. Look, it was a bad disease. A lot of people died. There's certainly people who are super you know, vulnerable to it. I'm not pretending like it wasn't real. But the idea that it had the level of severity that it did is entirely manufactured intentionally by a government media apparatus that was looking to do a dry run for how much power they could see in an emergency, and what they found was they could seize almost.
Speaker 6: All of it.
Speaker 1: Yes, indeed, And that's the scary part right there, and we roll over and I think, you know, it's part of the problem. R. Mctyre, author of the book we're talking about the total State, how liberal democracies become tyrannies. Isn't this really if more people had a more profound and clear understanding of what the Constitution does, the rights it does protect, these God given rights that we enjoy are supposed to enjoy, they would be in a position to stand up for that and say, no, you are not allowed to do this to me. Because because we lack that basic foundation understanding the fact that we do have a constitution that protects these rights, the supreme law of the land, people are willing to overlook it because they don't understand it.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 11: And I think it goes one step further. It's you know, the Constitution is there to remind us of what our ancestors believe, what our tradition is. But the Constitution itself does not protect anything. It is only the people animated by that tradition, believing deeply in the rights that their ancestors fought for, that actually protects that. The paper has never protected one right. It is the people believing collectively in that truth and holding it sacrifanct above safety, above any other dictate from the government, that is what actually protects things. And I think a lot of people forgot that. They said, oh, well, the Constitution is sitting somewhere safe under plexiglass protecting my freedoms. That is not how it's work. That's not how the founders believe they it was supposed to work. They wrote to you a document to remind you of the tradition that you should be living every day, not for the document to make some kind of magical shield against your right.
Speaker 1: Well aarn, there you go. That's why public education has turned its back on civics and teaching constitutional philosophy, as our country used to do regularly, so people had a grasp and understanding of what a wonderful place we have because of these god given rights that the Constitution points out. If you don't point it out, people forget it, and then they're willing to stop drinking after ten pm just because the governor utters the words right, that's right. Our MacIntyre Wonderful book. It's on my blog page fifty five care sea dot com, so my listeners can easily get a link to buy a copy of it. I will encourage them to read it and share it with friends to expand our understanding of this aren What do you offer solutions in the book to these obvious problems that were the seemingly insurmountable problems we're talking about right now.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think that this is a difficult answer. It's an easy solution, but it is a necessary one. We have to start seeing people, especially people who oppose the current progressive hegimony, to building alternative institutions, both locally and at the state level. The United States together was not supposed to be some giant, monolithic amalgamation of different organizations that form one opinion across all domains. It was supposed to be a federal government where the power and decisions were made much closer to home, next to the people, where things are actually supposed to be decided. And our current giant institutions are corrupted to the core. So we have to start devolving things back to the state, and we have to start stop trusting giant, monolithic institutions and instead return our understanding back to alternatives that actually serve the people where they live.
Speaker 1: Our Mcatyre talking my language, my friend. Every single day, That's what I do on the morning show. So I'm pleased to have been able to talk to you today about your book again, The Total State, How liberal democracies become Tyrannies. Thank you for writing it, Thank you for sharing your time with us today, and I'll encourage my listeners get a copy of the book.
Speaker 4: Aren't thank you so much?
Speaker 1: Tra having merope my pleasure truly eight nineteen c Detalk Station, Happy Friday, Eve, Jay ratlup up next. I just have to observe, you know, and the subject better of the book, the total state, you know, the COVID lockdowns, all the plan fast and loofs with the law and the constitution trampling our liberties and our freedoms, and more fundamentally, like I mentioned with a Facebook and Zuckerberg coming out and saying, yeah, the government told me to basically remove content relating to comments about COVID, and we fast forward out of twenty twenty four. You know, we're back in twenty twenty and twenty twenty one, when all this information was being suppressed and there were people out there like me who saw scientific studies pointing out that masks don't do anything like a chain link fence doesn't stop a handful of sand when you throw it at the chain link fence. The little tiny particles or COVID nineteen buyers go right through or around the mask. We find out later that social distancing was a figure pulled out of Anthony Fauci's sphincter. We find out that the vaccines do not prevent you from getting COVID nineteen, and in fact, you know you're gonna have to get half a dozen of them or so. We find out half to the fact that, you know, really the impact on people that aren't struggling with medical problems, pre existing conditions obesity for example, and other medical conditions which exacerbate and otherwise compound COVID as a problem for you, that young people really just get through it like they do a common cold. We all know this now, but at the time, if you uttered anything like that, as he pointed out, you were labeled, you know, a creating, an imbecile, a jerk, someone to be feared or worried about. You were outside. You weren't paying attention to the science. Okay, So we've been through the lies. We know what was done, we know about the suppression, and we find out that many of the things that we thought to be true, which you weren't allowed to utter, were in fact true. At the time we were believing them or thinking them. We just couldn't spread the word about it. Will it work again? Will we succumb to the stupid things like you can't drink after ten o'clock, or you can only shop on that aisle of the store but not the other ones, whatever the case may be. Under whatever crazy circumstances we're confronted with, are we going to allow them to deny us the free exercise of religion? Are we going to allow them to deny us the right to well gather collectively and speak our minds? Are we going to listen to them next time? Are we gonna to learn from what we've been through under the lies? It's an interesting social experiment. I hope we don't have to have an experience in it again. I hope this is the only pandemic that I've ever have to go through my life. But after all the wise and all the truth, it's now come out and we realize what was done to us, will we let them do it to us again? Hey, thirty three Friday Eve, It's that time. I always look forward to this time on the fifty five Case Morning Show because I get to and I'm honored to be able to have them on the program. My Heart media aviation expert Jay Ratliff, Welcome back, my friend, love having you on the show.
Speaker 12: Hey, the honor and pleasure is mine.
Speaker 1: Believe me. Well, you know I'm going to take you different direction. I got a list. I know what your list is. But it doesn't mean.
Speaker 12: For the curveball.
Speaker 1: I say it was in the status DOUD. This morning they had to turn another flight around after two hours over the Atlantic. Someone and I guess got into about of explosive diarrhea creating a medical conmergency condition or at least a biohazard condition on the plane, requiring them to turn around after two hours of flight back to go to New York City for an emergency landing. That just is just a terrible situation. I don't know how you can get around.
Speaker 12: That, though, Well you can't, but you've got protocols because we're dealing with hazardous materials. We're dealing with something that is not a disruptive passenger from a behavior standpoint, that you can secure in a seat, not dust table, though we used to do that a lot. This is something that requires the crew to say, find the closest airport, and if you're over the Atlantic, and the closest airport is the flight airport you took off from two hours back, that's exactly what you do, and you just you know, everything is handled in a very precise way so that they make sure that, you know, passengers are impacted as little as possible. Obviously, if you've got a flight that's not completely full, the flight attendants have a way of moving passengers around to try to distance them from whatever areas might be affected. And you know, it's a rough situation. But you know, when you look at the fact that globally we might have eight million people a day flying, and we look at the number of these kinds of stories, it's amazing to me that more of these types of stories, maybe not this specifically, but behavioral stories and people that might pass away on a flight or whatever, that we don't have greater numbers of those because we would hear about them immediately, because these stories go viral before the plane even lands.
Speaker 1: That's a good point. Welcome to the Internet, Jay Ratler. Let's past one to bring it back. I got one more to three direction before we get to the luggage article, which is a rather funny story as well, so lightning things up as we close out. You ever been in a cockpit before, Jay Ratlif as he's a artmedia aviation expert. He's pilot. It's also a savvy investors.
Speaker 12: Now trader trader. He has invested the by holding free crowds. A friend of mine last week told me that ten years ago he bought United Airlines stock at forty four dollars a share, really thrilled at it at the time. Ten years later, brand that stock is priced at forty three dollars and eighty nine cents a share, He's not made a single penny. And I told him in that time, I mean, I've used United a couple of times during those days to make several thousand dollars in a day. But you know what, my students and I do are more of a trade traders versus investors.
Speaker 4: So I just wanted to know.
Speaker 1: I know you're right, and I do know that, and I should have more properly stated it. Was it right, That's okay, day trade fun, isn't it?
Speaker 6: It is?
Speaker 12: Orj ratlift dot comments how people around the world. I mean, we've got students now in Asia, Europe, South America, all over the United States. We have a lot of fun, and it's as long as they followed the rules. In fact, I got an email from a guy this morning and free market. He had twelve percent on one stock. He's off to the driving range, going to go play golf day over.
Speaker 1: So that's what it's all about. It just you take if you.
Speaker 12: Follow the rules, yes, but if you jump into it and don't know what you're doing, it can be horrific. And that's one of the reasons you need to learn before you do anything.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you teach people how to just be satisfied with the moment, take the money you got and get the hell out and be happy with it, because quite often in a short period of time you can make a week's worth of salary. You just don't want it to sit there for a long time and think you're gonna ride it up a lot higher than wherever you are anyway, the way.
Speaker 12: You and I've talked about that, and you can be incredibly good at what you do.
Speaker 1: Y You teach people that all the time. So a free plug for you. And I'm happy to be able to do that. And I just noticed other drunk people on planes. They caused so much problems. We got this idiot who has blastered out of his gore try to break into the cockpit of a jet. Easy jet flight going from London London Gatwick Airport in the UK, forcing it, of course to have to divert. He also tried to open an exit door. You know, it's people like this who are going to end up having alcohol prohibited on airplanes.
Speaker 12: Jay, Well, you know we and that comes up because look, we had another alcohol related event on American Airlines flight going Milwaukee to Dallas had to divert to Tulsa because this was yesterday or day before because the guy was vaping on the plane even though he shouldn't. He started chasing a flight attendant around and alcohol was involved here. And I've had many people say, Jay, all airlines have to do is to ban alcohol, and then we can elimitate and eliminate those problems. Some are saying all airports have to do is eliminate alcohol and we can avoid the problems on board the plane because a lot of people will get on the plane, you know, with several drinks already consumed. The issue with it is, though, and the bottom line remains, it's a revenue source for airports as well as it is for airlines. And an airline would say to us, look, if we have one situation out of two hundred and twenty five thousand passengers, right, And they're not super violence situations, just things we have to respond to. The revenue that we can create through this, plus the idea that alcohol can help some of our passengers who are anxious flyers.
Speaker 1: That's where I was going a little bit. That's where I was going. It would be worse without alcohol, because everybody who needs a talktail to get on a.
Speaker 12: See that on an advertisement. I can promise you that. But the bottom line is it's a revenue source in airlines. You're not going to mess with that.
Speaker 1: I understand that all day long. All right, let's go over to the luggage. You get a little problem with the fishermen.
Speaker 12: We had thirty of them coming back from a very successful fishing trip and Brian, they had two thousand pounds of freshly caught halib it that was in all of their They were probably in the styrofoam containers.
Speaker 1: That's what they tend to do.
Speaker 12: And you can put up to five and a half pounds of dry ice in there to keep it from spoiling, and no more than that. And remember a dry ice is a hazardous material, can only be in check luggage. You can only do it when you are in essence, well not check luggage only, but the ideas you have to declare it at the checking point so that the airlines know that you have it and when they check it to make sure it's no more than what you have. But the problem here was when these thirty fishermen got back from this successful trip into Seattle on the last airlines, their bags didn't arrive, so last Airlines couldn't find the fish. And of course, you know some of them are thinking, hey, somebody stole our fish. Ye, you've got crooked agent you and know all this kind of stuff. Well, the dry ice is going to buy you about eighteen to twenty four hours after that your toast. And believe me, I have removed bags off of airplane that have had fish in them that for many days delayed. It's just it's horrific. Can't get the smell out of your nose forever. And I don't know what you do with the clothing there. But these guys, finally the last airline said we located the luggage. It shows up days later and of course all the fish is boiled. Complain and Alaska Airlines because of their conditions of contract, Brian, they're not required to fully reimburse these fishermen. But to Alaska Airlines management credit, they said, look, we're going to reimburse you, and we're going to get you two thousand pounds of freshly caught hal of it. Now thirty six dollars a pound. Holy cow, seventy two grand is what it cost them. And when you recognize airlines make on a domestic flight a few hundred dollars at least at most on a passenger and profit, you're talking about them giving up the revenue from at least a full plane or a plane and a half is today airlines do not make a lot of money on flights. The fact is they have each aircraft running, you know, so many times. They have five hundred, one thousand departures a year, and you add a little bit of profit over all of those and it adds.
Speaker 4: Up to some significant gains. So this.
Speaker 12: Wasn't something that was maybe for our last airlines to do.
Speaker 1: And if they did props to Alaska, it's earning some good will off of that one. I doubt they're going to repeat that performance. I'm sure they'd much rather say, hey, listen, you know there's no guarantee your bag going to arrive on time. The bags do get lost, and if you've got raw fish in there, we're not paying for it. But in any of that, we got another.
Speaker 12: Spacule, products or not, and you're right, goodwill it goes a long way. We had a country singer one time that was traveling with his guitar one to take it on board, could not. United forced him to check it and he was screaming no did it Anyways? United broke it and they wouldn't fully replace the value of the guitar. This guy wrote a song United Breaks Guitars. You go to YouTube and look at it, thirty or forty million views. Yeah, sometimes doing what's right would prevent some of those things from happening. United Breaks Guitars.
Speaker 1: That's a good video, that's great. Well names names in it.
Speaker 6: Oh, really good.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Now he's going to garner a bunch of more video views now that you mentioned on the air Jay, Now what about I know the airlines are very liberal with their dress codes and policies, and men can wear dresses if they're flight attendants and all that kind of crap, But I guess you're not allowed on a Delta flight with the Donald Trump shirt.
Speaker 6: Well, if the.
Speaker 12: Donald Trump shirt is flipping everybody off with both hands, yeah, that could be considered offensive. This happened in Sarasota, Florida. There's a guy that's wearing this image of Donald Trump who's just flipping everybody off with the two middle fingers up, and the Delta agent kind of pulled him off to the side said, look, we've had some people complain. They probably hated Trump anyway, it was their excuse, but they said, look, you're going to put another shirt on, or just turn it inside out until the flight's over and then turn it back and we're all good. So Delta was trying to do what they should have done, and they were totally within the right here, because if I've got a passenger, if I've got a shirt that says fu or whatever on there, that is explicit that other passengers could find offensive. No political discussion here, but just offensive or not. The airline is within their right to say, we're gonna have to ask you a change. If you've got a supermodel that's wearing a thong bikini, the airline's going to say you're gonna put on more clothes, because again, some people may find that offensive if somebody's not taking a bath in three months. I'm not saying I would, Brian. If somebody's not taking a bath in three months, Yeah, people could find that offensive. You're not gonna get on the plane. Somebody's had too much to drink. So it's subjective, yes, but it's pretty clear cut that if you are wearing something that other passengers could take offense at the airlines are going to say, look, you know, just let's just work with you to try to make something happen. And of course he gets off the plane and tweets it's a Trump thing. And look, if I'm the Delta agent and I had passengers coming to me on that, I would have the same discussion with a guy. But what happened was he turned it inside out and gets on the plane. And then he's on the plane and turns the shirt back around and as they're getting ready shut the door of the gate, agencies come on and then they get him off the flight and becomes a social media viral story. But yeah, again it's had been just a Donald Trump shirt, that's one thing, but this was something where it was an offensive image to some and I can certainly see the air Delta's position here. Airlines certainly lean against the Donald Trump's of the world big time. But here I don't think it was a bad call.
Speaker 1: Understood. Private company, they can make their own rules. They do not have an obligation to honor your First Amendment rights of free speech. Moving on, while I was in with hub delays, So how's it looking out there in terms of our ability to fly today?
Speaker 12: It can be a better day than the way he had yes yesterday. Text was getting absolutely hammered. May have some minor delays there, minor issues towards the northeast, but right I'm using the word minor, so I'm not even gonna mention them. It's gonna be a good day to fly, and the cooler temperature is going to make it maybe a little bit more comfortable for some people.
Speaker 6: Especially on the ramps.
Speaker 12: So yeah, I think all in all of today could be one of the better days of the week could we've had to fly.
Speaker 1: It's always a better day of a week. To talk to you on Thursday, Jay Ratloff, I appreciate you willingness to come on the program every week. Enjoy our conversations. I'll look forward to next Thursday and other conversation and of course best of health. Loved you and your better half.
Speaker 12: I appreciate my friend.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Take Care eight fifty one if you five KR City Talk station fifty five if you have KO City Talk station. Happily used up all that time with Jay Rattler. I've always enjoyed that podcast available forfitibive Caresey dot com. Talk with Americans for Prosperity this morning about Attorney General David jose letter to the Columbus schools demanding that they provide the bus service there. I think under law is supposed to provide two children going to charter schools. They were kind of against that anyway. Talked about that with Americans for Prosperity and at eight oh five we heard from Rn McIntyre with his book The Total State, How liberal democracies become tyrannies. And of course Jay Ratliffe podcast at you five Caresey dot com gets your I Heart media while you're over there. Thank you Danny Gleason for covering for the vacationing Joe Strekker. I think is going to be back at work next Tuesday. I hope you can tune in tomorrow Tech Friday with Dave Hatter every Friday at six point thirty with is more on the rundown than that, though, and I hope you have a wonderful day. Stick around Glen. Back from one write up,