Speaker 1: Hi everyone, and welcome back to another episode of Between Us Girlies.
Speaker 2: I'm Bailey, I'm Casey, I'm Lindsay, and.
Speaker 1: We have a fantastic episode planned for you, guys.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's like one of those signs you see at home goods oh you.
Speaker 1: It's like really chey, plastic and a whole bunch of leaves. But as usual, we need to start this off with the weekend recap because we haven't seen our dear friend Casey in a week going on girl.
Speaker 4: I was in Denver visiting my sister. She lives in Denver, so that was my first time ever being there to visit her. I've been there before, but that was my first time going with her, so my boyfriend went and.
Speaker 3: It was so much fun.
Speaker 4: It was like a mix of like fun stuff but also like wholesome family vibes, but also just like Denver's the mile high city and not high because of smoking, but they do smoke a fuck down there. So I was HI pretty much the entire time I was there, but it was really cool.
Speaker 3: We just did like hikes, we went out one night.
Speaker 4: We went to I think like nine spots because my sister could not fucking pick where she wanted to go. We would go to a spot, we'd be there for ten minutes and she's like, Okay, I want to show you somewhere else. So then we'd walk to somewhere else. Ten minutes there, Okay, this place isn't fun. I'm going to go somewhere else. Mean, while I was just drunk, I'm like, I don't care where we go. But we literally went.
Speaker 3: We like tallied up how much.
Speaker 4: Was on our cards, and we went to nine different spots. I was like this and they were all It was the equivalent of like us going to two spots in Fishtown, two spots in Center City, two spots and Graduate Hospital. Like it was all these different parts of Denver. So we kept having to take Ubers and.
Speaker 3: John about those scooters. You know, this is how certain cities have.
Speaker 4: Like Lime scooters and stuff, so they have scooters there.
Speaker 3: So we were scooter and.
Speaker 1: Drunk o Casey.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did it at first, really really high. The first night I was everyone to dinner and I was super high and I was freaking the fuck out, like We've got to get off these I can't be on the road. And then the next night it's just so fucking inconvenient. It's like three dollars and you can ride for so long. So the next night, my sister's dragging us all a fucking around Denver, and she's like, why don't we just try.
Speaker 3: The the scooters again?
Speaker 4: But we have to be really careful because like one of the leading causes of people our age death is like scooter related incidents. She's like, because a lot of people get on them drunk and they think that they're like, you know, invincible, and then they crash.
Speaker 3: So we only did it early in the night.
Speaker 4: But I was a lot better when I was drunk than when I was high. So I think Philly needs them. I think it would be so fun to see us scootering around.
Speaker 1: I always like I'll see like TikTok or something about it. But like I can't imagine, Like I'm just too old at this point to get on something like that. I had a Razor scooter growing up, so I'm thinking only I could be the equivalent. But like I just I'm afraid of falling and I'm too old at this point. Like my knees hurt going up the steps.
Speaker 4: No, it's fucking scary. And Jake was like he had this realization. He was like, you're like a scaredy cat. He was like, you're afraid of everything. Like every time we've done something adventure, I'm afraid of it. And the scooters were one of them. Yeah, Like I don't want to fucking ride an ATV up a mountain.
Speaker 3: We did that once.
Speaker 5: That was horrifying.
Speaker 1: Sounds fun.
Speaker 4: See, I was like the whole time we're riding the scooter. Jake was like, look like you're enjoying it.
Speaker 3: My knuckles were white just holding onto the bar.
Speaker 2: They should give helmets. I had a scooter like that as a kid, like a little one of those electric scooters. But it was really nice and I had to wear helmet and pads. Do you remember those?
Speaker 4: No, Oh they're scary.
Speaker 2: We should give you helmets.
Speaker 3: Well what did I miss while I was gone a lot?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: You know me?
Speaker 5: Literally nothing. I went to picnic on Friday?
Speaker 2: How was it?
Speaker 5: The food was really good. It's one of those spots like you know, Philly food hype culture. Like you witnessed this already with when you tried to go, Like we had a reservation and we didn't get sat for forty five minutes until after that reservation. So as we've talked about on the podcast before, like if I had gone there with like my parents or something, I would have legit been panicking because that required a lot of patience. Yeah, our reservation was also like late, like we didn't get sat down until like probably nine thirty, Like we were hard thirty. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Did they have seats at the bar?
Speaker 5: They did, Yeah, so we sat at the bar, but you.
Speaker 3: Could sit down they did.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: When we went.
Speaker 4: I went a few weeks ago, they were like, oh, you could wait at the bar, but it's standing only.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'm not going to stand.
Speaker 5: It then of seats. Okay, we were with a group of five and like two of us were sitting.
Speaker 1: I mean the.
Speaker 5: Restaurant is beautiful. The food was really good, like genuinely it was delicious. I think it would be better like as a date spot probably, like we probably didn't order like enough because there was five of us, but it was really good. I would definitely go back. But yeah, it was forty four dollars for a rotisserie chicken and it was delicious, but like we were just saying like wow, we could pick this up in a bag for like eight dollars it wouldn't taste the same. But like, you know, that's that's that's just the Philly food hype for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, anything else.
Speaker 1: I honestly could leave my home all weekend and it felt so good.
Speaker 3: It sounds like my dream.
Speaker 1: Except for Wait, I guess I didn't see you guys Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
Speaker 5: Right, I don't even remember what I did Saturday.
Speaker 2: My Friday, I went tom of course, and then I had a little crawl of Fishtown. I went to Costas and garage. Wow, so yeah, I did that, And then Saturday, I've spied to Brandon. On Monday, I'm actually going to lie on my couch and do absolutely nothing. So that's what I did.
Speaker 3: Wait, you know something interesting.
Speaker 4: My sister told me that whenever she's in Denver and she brings up Philly, people are always like, oh yeah, garage like garage and Fishtown. Like she said, she's gotten that so many times, and I was like, garage, like of all places I've been trying to tell y'all on the map, No, try and tell y'all.
Speaker 1: I dig into the fall spirit. I watched core Line this weekend. That a little scary. That's scary. Okay, it's rated PG, but I was watching it the dark and I was like, what is who? Why kids are watching this because I'm twenty years old, like shaking in my boot. So granted I was lie, but like I was like, this is such a good film, and on Amazon Prime you can rent it for seven days, not just twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: Let met you're logan, I'm gonna watch Corlin.
Speaker 3: That works for you.
Speaker 4: Because I don't know if we've ever talked about on the podcast, but Bailey likes to watch movies in episodes.
Speaker 3: She will turn a two hour movie into a five part series.
Speaker 4: It's truly a talent the way you were able to like stop it at the right time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's because I think it all happen with Uh. It's this movie The Irishman on Netflix. It's about like Unions, but like it's a really good movie, but it's three hours. And I remember seeing like a PDF. Why did I say that? A picture on Twitter? What what it just? I just saw like something on Twitter and it broke the film out into like like it's still for like mini episodes because like a three hour movie, And I was like, you can do this with practically any movie. So I did that with Beetlejuice. I have like about an hour and a half left to go.
Speaker 3: I saw the new one on Tuesday. It was really good.
Speaker 4: I kind of don't remember the first one, Like I don't remember.
Speaker 3: My sister was like, oh.
Speaker 4: It's really important, but I I got all the important notes.
Speaker 2: So you have to watch the first one.
Speaker 4: No, my sister was saying you do, but everyone else was saying you don't, and I was, And Jake hadn't seen the first one, so.
Speaker 3: I was like, I haven't seen the first I have just years ago.
Speaker 2: It's about really and I really want to see you play.
Speaker 1: Well, you guys really beatle Juice. I feel like I've watched it so much as a kid, Like I used to love it, but I haven't seen it and god knows how long, so sore watching it. It's a good it's a goddamn good film, but like it's a I don't know. It's about like this couple. They die in their house. They don't know they're dead pretty much, so like they're pretty much trying to like scare the people that move in, and Beetlejuice is like a ruler of the what's in between under purgatory purgatory, so like the obviously in between, so he like tries to help him bobviously he's like a quirky like bad guy. So it's like really good. It was the kids movie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was funny though because I was Jenna Ortega's in it, And then I was like Tim Burton is like a producer, director or whatever he is on the movie, and I was looking it up and like, I just feel like Jenna Ortega is his like dream human because she's so skinny and small. She's got a big head because she's so small and jazz, like these big eyes and like she literally looks like a skeleton. And I don't mean that in an offensive way, like it's just like her the way that she also kind of plays into it with the characters that she's been. But I was like, wow, he must have seen her and fell in love Wednesday.
Speaker 1: I don't if you guys watch that on Netflix the Wednesday like Adams Show. She's in that, and I feel like that like dark Feature, It's like she's really good. She's the new girl.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like the new Scream Queen for sure.
Speaker 1: Oh the fao Scream Scream Queens is coming back. I got so excited.
Speaker 2: Well, we also do something spooky Me and Little Bails. Little Bill loved that show. Yeah, Billy and I went to an event at the Nightmare.
Speaker 4: No okay, Bailey just said Bill Cosby, and I feel they need to correct.
Speaker 1: Little Bill, you know, the little show.
Speaker 2: To be honest, if Little Bill was created by Bill Cosby?
Speaker 4: Really Okay that was before he went on Kay, yeah, a different time.
Speaker 2: Well, anyways, Bailey and I went to the Nightmare before Tinsel as the Philly Girlies. No Tinsel is a holiday themed bar where you can get really delicious holiday drinks. You're it puts you in the Christmas spirit. This, that and the third. But prior to Christmas, they do the Nightmare Before and Bailey and I were in Spooky City, Like, we walked in and we were like, wow, So this is what life is supposed to feel like.
Speaker 1: Because I feel like I've always want to go to the what do you say? Nightmare before Christmas. I always want to go to the Christmas team one, and they always have the Halloween one every year, but I just never get a chance to go to it. So we finally got to go, and I feel like that got me into the spirit, like the ghouls and goblins.
Speaker 2: They also have these. This scared me. I don't I don't scare easy, but this girl, like they hire characters in there and they are they stick to their character. And this girl, I was ordering a drink and she comes up behind me dressed as a clown and she goes, that looks good and with her she's going, I'm literally going. I was cracking up and I almost started crying. It was terrified.
Speaker 1: I saw her on in my peripheral. I'm like, you're not gonna get me. That's a house.
Speaker 2: Yes, literally I was cracking up with the actor, but I was also sweating. She I'm like literally getting anxious right now.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. How do you guys feel about haunted houses?
Speaker 2: Love them?
Speaker 1: But I don't want to be touched because I always have to always in the front, because I also remember that they are actors, and I try to get like I in the back of the head. I'm like, yes, I'm getting spooked, but like girl, at the end of the day, I know who you are, like you're not but like I do love them because like I don't know, that's a good fright. I feel like growing up, I don't know if you guys did it, because like when we weren't drinking, like eleven, twelve, thirteen, all that, I feel like that was the thing to do, Like go with your friends, go to the haunted house.
Speaker 2: Eastern State is good.
Speaker 1: I haven't been.
Speaker 2: That is a good haunted house. You want to get four for me?
Speaker 4: No, I've been to a lot of them, and I've cried every time I went.
Speaker 5: Through the corn Maze at Dorney Park.
Speaker 1: Oh oh my god.
Speaker 5: I felt like I was in Texas Chase. I don't think they chased us, but like it was, they were coming out like with a change. Multiple times. I was like, oh no, no, no, no, no, this was not for me.
Speaker 2: I wonder if those props are real.
Speaker 4: They can't be, but I have been to one where they touch you and it's horrified.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't want to be touched.
Speaker 5: I've also been to the Bates Motel one really a hay ride, and that always just mean because like they were the guy was literally targeting a little boy I will never forget. His name was Aiden, and he was so scared and the guy was like just focusing on him. I was like, this is fucked up.
Speaker 3: Where's that a?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Some like it's not.
Speaker 5: I don't really know. Honestly, I'm in high school.
Speaker 2: It was far let's put gas in our car.
Speaker 1: I've always to do what haunted hay rides. So it's crazy you say.
Speaker 3: That, Yeah, I've done one.
Speaker 4: The thing is is I absolutely hate them, but I will go. I will just ruin everyone else's time, and I will let you know that beforehand, like I will cry, i will scream, I'll probably dig my nails into your arm.
Speaker 1: But I was there. Let's go. Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 2: You're not a stack up bro.
Speaker 4: If Casey can do it, so we need to do it where we wear like go prof go pros.
Speaker 3: We wear go pros on our head and we film.
Speaker 4: It and like put it on ye TikTok because I think that would be really funny.
Speaker 1: Or what are the cameras that like face you so looks like walking you know I'm talking about but speaking of frights. The Eagles first home game, oh my god. Yeah, so luckily we went to Figo because every home game, yeah, they have an open bar until halftime for which is fabulous and like treats and stuff. So we did that. I thought it was gonna give a game until like what the last minute of the fourth quarter. I felt bad because I'm like, she's not even.
Speaker 5: Like here in the city, like she's definitely suffering.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were what we had to we had to go.
Speaker 4: We went to Red Rocks because the whole reason we took this trip is from my boyfriend.
Speaker 3: He likes Arcade Fire I don't ask.
Speaker 4: And they had the twentieth anniversary of one of their albums, so there was a show a Red Rocks, so he was all into it, and me and my sister were fully watching the Eagles game on our phones in the crowd, and it was first off, let me talk about the show really quick, because it was insane. The first five minutes of the concert, they had this guy walk out and he led a like silent meditation wow with a full crowd of people at Red Rocks, Like he made everyone be silent. The entire place you could have heard a needle drop. It was completely silent, and he was like, be thankful for the earth, be thankful for that you came here.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking, like it.
Speaker 4: Was the craziest thing that he like led this meditation, and me and my sister are like trying to watch the game, not reacting in like silence and that luckily that was like quarterway through the game, and then the end of the game where we had like a ninety eight percentile chance of winning, like it, it literally did not make sense that we lost.
Speaker 3: And somehow Philly found a way to lose.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it was the energy of Figo, Like, did it drastically drop from like fun to angry?
Speaker 2: Could we just run back to the guided meditation?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 3: It was crazy?
Speaker 2: What what? What?
Speaker 1: What the hell?
Speaker 3: So okay, so I did.
Speaker 4: At first, I didn't enjoy it more as I just thought it was really interesting, like I'd never been to a show like that. Then it was a little scary because at one point it was completely silent, and then the other side of the stadium start screaming, help, Help, Help, Help, and they like all these people have their phone lights flashing, and I guess some girl passed out, So that was a little scary for a second, passed off from breath work.
Speaker 3: I guess, so crazy.
Speaker 4: And my sister was driving me crazy because she was like, oh fuck.
Speaker 3: I'm like getting angry at the game. I'm like, Alexa, shut the fuck up please.
Speaker 4: Then after that they did a gratitude ceremony where they like it sounds crazy talking about they like mixed all these things in.
Speaker 3: A pot and were like heating up the pot.
Speaker 2: And stirring it, and it was, hell, no, this is giving cold etones.
Speaker 3: It was actually crazy.
Speaker 4: But they were like they were they had great intentions. They were like, we haven't toured in this long and this album was the first one to put us on the map. It's been twenty years and like all of you are here to celebrate with us, like we're thankful for all the paths of your lives that led you here. It was very spiritual and I think, yeah, I think if it was someone, if it was Sabrina Carpenter, I would have been like, hell yeah it.
Speaker 3: Was Arcade Fire.
Speaker 4: I don't know any of their songs, so I wasn't as connected, but yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm all set on that anyway.
Speaker 4: The Eagles game, yeah, and hopefully the future games are better because it's like the city's just kind of depressed when we lose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the next day you could just like tell like, I feel like even going to work and like going into the city, like there's people.
Speaker 2: Just like moping around doesn't duncan give you coffee if they win.
Speaker 1: They used to and.
Speaker 4: I think either Chick fil A or Wendy's used to do something too, like if they got a.
Speaker 1: Chick fil A. Oh yeah, Phillies and six oh got god big bag. And I think Eagles used to be dun can you get a free coffee if they won like that next Monday? But I think they took that away.
Speaker 2: That's such a silly thing to take away. Lost. Well yeah, anyways, Yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Can have silly things. So I'm gonna segue. This was okay good. Someone wrote in and ask what they think are Shark Tank products? Would be y'all have any I know you're a big fan of the show.
Speaker 5: Yes, I do love Shark Tank. I've always said that I think they did. They who I think they should do? Go Puff for clothing like on a night out, like when you literally can't find anything in your closet. There's like an app and it's just like probably essentials like a black tank top and like q T shirts, like nothing like crazy. There's probably like a few new styles at it each week, and you could just like have it dropped off to your house really quickly in case you're like freaking out or you're on vacation and you forgot to pack something or you need like an essential.
Speaker 1: They're like, that would be like, you know, I love that. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, There's been so many times where I'm putting on tights and my nails like rip a hole through the tights.
Speaker 3: That would be a great time.
Speaker 1: Yep. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I have one that's not necessarily a it's sort of a product, but it's more of a restaurant. And I will start off with the disclaimer that it could sound eating disorder coated, but it is not eating disorder coded. There is a great intention behind it, so let me say that. No, it's just I've told people this before and they were like, it has great intentions. I'm the type of person where I want to try a lot of different things on the menu, and I have a hard time committing to like one big plate of something. So me and my sister have said this since high school, that we want to make a restaurant where it's just like one or two or three bites of every single dish a flight. Yes, and it's not like small plates where it's like you all have to fight over it. It is truly just your own three bites of like yes, and what an excellent right, and like you can order everything. You can order cheeseburgers, pastas, like all of the different things, but in perfectly portioned bite size things.
Speaker 3: Yes, so you can get everything you want and you can order as much as you want.
Speaker 4: And I just I wish that existed because when I go to a restaurant, I'm like, I want to try.
Speaker 3: I don't want a whole plate of this. I want just like a few bites.
Speaker 2: Would it be like a prefixed price, like you go and you can pick X amount of dishes?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Maybe casey hmm.
Speaker 2: I think you and Jake need to take all y'all maybe get some investments or two, and just Fishtown would go nutty over it. Right.
Speaker 4: It started because of desserts, because like I always want like ten bites or I want like little bites of like ten different desserts. And then my sister was like, well, why don't we do it with food? So if anyone's listening, DM me, we'll start this.
Speaker 3: Imagine Yeah, Fishtown flights.
Speaker 1: Wait, that's so cute, but we already took a pause this episode, came up with that idea and marked it so if anyone, if anyone thinks are gonna take it. We've already done it, okay, So mine are like A, I think they've already been done. B they're just like only for me. So like one, this is even an invention. But like I think remember in Spy Kids when they put in like it was like a little maybe like a little packet of something and they put into the microwave, they press a button and boom, a happy meal pops up. Like if we can get that technology. I feel like if I could like patent that, and like I guess I really couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: It's given Wonka with the gum.
Speaker 1: Yeah, something like that. My other one was I've always said this and it's already been done. But back in like the twenties, remember like cigarette holders, cigarette extensions, but for joints and blunts for people with long nails, because me, I feel like going to get my nails done before I always have like burns or like just like especially when it gets like super close, like your nails is like a joint, I want like a little stick for that, but they make those. And then my other one, this is actually a real good idea, but something like a headband, a sweat wicking headband, for natural hair or people with like people of colored hair. I don't know how I've word of that, but something that keeps your edges fresh. Bro, I sweat really bad in my like edges, so I mean I have a little trick now just putting dry shampoo on, which doesn't work. But it'd be nice to have one product I can put on my hair or sweat through it and then take it off and it woul look like this they make.
Speaker 2: I DM this girl actually from the between us Girl's account, but I I DM this girl who makes hats and like beach hats, like baseball hats. They're all silk lined, like sweat band absorbent. So I'm sure you're still gonna be crusty afterwards, but like not as crusty. And I thought that was such a good idea for a natural.
Speaker 1: Leg Ooh it is, okay, what should get on that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, mine's about clothes. And I just thought of it because I always have a really hard time getting ready and I'll put something together in my head and then i'll put it on and I'll go, actually, you look so stupid. So if we had a mirror, like you know, they have to make those workout mirrors where you can work out in the mirror. So you have a mirror, you load your clothes onto the mirrors. You can pick and choose what clothes you have. You can use skew numbers. It's a large database in your mirror that just has if you thrifted it, you can take photos of it, et cetera. You load your closet a night before you're getting ready, you do a full arms out, legs spread, and you take a little photo of yourself in the mirror through the mirror. The mirror will then allow your closet. You could be bloated that day from your period. You could have a rash, you could run into a sign and maybe have a little cut on your head. You could be looking a damn mess. Your closetal factor in your mirror. Clouse will factor in all those things and it will cultivate and craft the perfect outfit based on weather where you're going. It's just like a closet helper.
Speaker 1: I love it. That actual picture.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Sharks, I'm asking for two thousand dollars, two thousand sharks.
Speaker 4: That is a great idea, especially for me, because when I'm trying on clothes, if I put it on my body. There is makeup on it, so like sometimes I'm scared to try an outfit on because I'm like, fuck, I'm gonna get makeup and if I don't want to wear it, then I have to wash it. So that would be so nice to be able to see an outfit before I put it on, so I don't have to mess up and my room will be spotless before a night out and then the second I need to find an outfit, it's a mess.
Speaker 1: That would save so much.
Speaker 3: That would be like the best thing ever.
Speaker 2: Wow. I feel like it would take a lot of work for you to load your closet on there, But that's not my problem, it's yours.
Speaker 4: They have technology to do like damn near everything they can.
Speaker 1: If I can use chat GBT to help me rearrange my room, I'm sure we can get the McDonald's one touch thing like I want. And then your closet mirror.
Speaker 2: Did you tell the listeners about that? What about your roomory range?
Speaker 1: That was no, I did it? I so chat GBT if you update the app, they like, put it all in one like you don't have to. Lindsey thought, I bought GP what is it? GPT pro or whatever. I didn't. So what you can do is you can now like insert pictures and videos into chat GBT. And so I did that and I took a picture in my room and I was like, hey, hey sharks. I was like, how should I re arrange my room, like just for like max aesthetics or something like that. And it told me to do that, and I said, okay, And I have a accent wall. It's a brick wall in my room. And I was like, well, what if I put the bed against a brick wall? And then it gave me a list. It told me how to rearrange every single item in my room. And I don't know why I did do it sooner because I love my room like that. I even told you guys, I'm like, come on look and it just loos It makes so much more sense. I'm like, hey, how did I never think about this? And b this is some crazy sinister stuff like the way I'm now, I'm afraid. I'm like, do they have my layout? Like do they know where I live?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Fucked yeah, they know every I'd like, I say, all the damn time. They have all of our information, whether you sent a picture into chat GBT or not. They know everything about you. People are like, oh, I don't want to send my information through text my phone will noe, bitch, they know everything about you. It's okay, what are they gonna do with it?
Speaker 1: Like, come sleep in my bed? All right?
Speaker 5: Well, it is fall, So let's bring back one of our favorite segments, our pyramid ranking.
Speaker 1: It's been a.
Speaker 5: Minute, the viewers missed them, and let's rank where fall activities or niche fall items fall on the pyramid. I already spoke and said that Haunted hay Rides and all that jazz stays at the bottom. I want to know, though, where do you guys put pumpkin spice? Because I feel like, is that kind of trending down now?
Speaker 3: I think so?
Speaker 4: I think if maybe maybe it's not trending down, but it's becoming.
Speaker 3: Like uncool and a little like basic.
Speaker 4: And that's like I'm saying it in the context of pumpkin spice lattes, yeah, because I think pumpkins spice wasn't I like a pumpkin spice latte too, But there's all people like to shit on it.
Speaker 3: It's like one of those things basic people like you love.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna pack my just about.
Speaker 1: The story I posted of all the pumpkins spice.
Speaker 2: Full TikTok I.
Speaker 4: I just went to Trader Joe's and bought like thirty dollars or of snacks. This is not me saying I'm a hater. I just feel like I see people like it's an easy thing to make fun of girls for.
Speaker 1: Like yeshm hmm. I think I noticed for me, just because it's only September nineteenth when we're filming this they came out with they start coming out with pumpkins so much sooner that I feel like I'm consuming it a lot earlier. Like now, I just finished up my pumpkin spice Cha Bonnie creamer, and I'm kind of like, okay, like I've had enough of it. Yeah, like you know, but I actually tried one of the moaning syrups. It's a caramel apple butter, and I think that became so good. It's like an apple butter but it it's a nice fall drink, but not so folly. So I think once I taste that, I'm like, Okay, I'm kind of done with pumpkin. It's not even October.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with you, Bailey that it comes out way too early, Like I was so excited for it to come out because I love the specifically the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice latte with all the pumps, all the whipped cream, like that six hundred calorie drink like I'm slurp. I love it. So when it comes out, I immediately want it because I've waited a whole year to get it. And then when I look at the calendar and I realize it's September, that's embarrassing for me. It is what you said, Casey, it's cringy, it's chewgy, it's it's whatever you want to call it. But fall flavors are so there are so many other fall flavors that we ignore. For example, there is a coffee shop in Northern Liberty is called One Shot. It, in my opinion, is the best coffee shop in Fishtown, Northern Liberties area. You can get mad at me if you want. You can tell me it's too expensive.
Speaker 1: You're right.
Speaker 2: You can tell me that sometimes the staff isn't always nice to you, but it's okay because what they're doing behind that counter is making drinks. And I had a pecan. It was like a pecan maple white mocha something like that, and just the maple, the pecan. The flavors are just so fall and warm, and I just was like pumpkin who in.
Speaker 4: The first day in Denver, I got a maple a smoked maple something coffee drink. And we ended up going back there every single day. And my sister was like begging us to go somewhere else.
Speaker 3: She was like, I want to show you other.
Speaker 4: Coffee shops in Denver, and me and Jake were like, shut the fuck up, we want this want coffee. So I'm with you. I think I think fall flavors are the best, and like.
Speaker 2: Like we Apple, I mean not really, but like we do ignore that crumble oatmeal even just like oatmeal, like the warm comforting, Like, ah, so does it fall really high on your pyramidle fall pumpkin spices in the middle. Because I'm not gonna lie to you, guys, I do love it. I just admitted to it. But it's overhyped. Everyone needs to calm down.
Speaker 5: I like fall fash that's like probably the top of my pyramid, just like everything, like the cozy's, the flannels, like the lounge wear, the platform ugs, like I think all of it is so cute. And you guys know, I love my jackets. There's nothing I love more than a shirt jacket. I love layering. I think fall fashion is like elite.
Speaker 1: I just like thought about we were helping you move in all your sweatshirts. Yup, Oliver, it's closety. You feel like it's to wear. But I mean you're right, Like, I feel like I like dressing more in the fall because I like the layers. Like, I feel like I also have more fall clothes. This always comes around. I feel like I'm like, oh, I forget. Like when it becomes warm, I'm like, oh, I love these warm clothes, and then like once it comes this, I'm like, oh I forgot. I kind of hate dressing like this.
Speaker 4: My thing with summer is two things. One, I hate being fucking hot, so like I'm every time I get dressed, being breezy and cool is my number one priority, which sometimes means I have to wear a less cute off it. And Two, I really just don't like shorts. I don't like jean shorts. Like the only types of shorts I like are like comfy sweat shorts, So like, I don't like geen shorts. I don't like linen shorts, and.
Speaker 3: That's all you can wear in the summer, so I definitely.
Speaker 1: Like fashion on the Yeah, I love sweatpants and sweats. It's like I'm wearing them now, like it's eighty degrees. I do not care. I'm wearing a sweattert and shorts.
Speaker 4: Something that falls both at the bottom and the top of my pyramid is a pumpkin patch date.
Speaker 3: Like going to a pumpkin patch. It is all dependent on the.
Speaker 4: Crowd at the pumpkin patch, because if you go when it is crowded on a Saturday morning in the peak fall, it is not even the bottom of my pyramid. It is like underneath on the band list of my period pyramid. It is the worst thing ever. But if you go on like a less busy weekend, or maybe you're lucky and you get to go during the work week, it is so fun and like wholesome and healing to just go to a pumpkin patch and take a picture.
Speaker 1: It is I agree because me personally, I know pumpkin patches is mostly like it is a kid event, but I don't like them running around like I know. We went to one last year and it was really fun, but like there's so many kids. It was like get them leashes or like have an adult adult day, adult swim for pumpkin patch.
Speaker 4: Wait, that's a shark tank product is literally a pumpkin patch doing adult only days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a great idea. I like the.
Speaker 2: Food at those. I don't go for any other reason besides the food. I like a fat ass apple cider, a box of pumk or of the apple side donuts. I like the corn on a stick, the deep fried onion like meat on a stick. I'm eating it. Then, I don't care about your kids. I honestly don't care about the pumpkins. I don't want to pick apples. I don't apples hurt my tummy. Like I don't want anything. I want the food. Maybe a picture? What about the leaves number.
Speaker 1: On the was it foliage? I will say that is my favorite part of fall, especially driving through Pennsylvania. There was so much like just greenery, just like the leaves are changing like that honestly does bring me like so much joy, especially even going back home, so like we have like the peninsula and eerie. It's just so like naturesque and I feel like I don't see that many trees and grass around Philly, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I cry when I see things like that. It can't even be me going to my backyard at home, Like I'll literally shed actual tears. And like you said that ride through Pennsylvania, like going to penn State when you would go back there, like it it is breathtaking, like it really is.
Speaker 1: There's like a certain I don't know where the hell it's at, but it's like in Pennsylvania, but there's a certain like bend and it like I always like put on a song, like I always have to like start a song because it's like you turn this bend and like it opens up into the most picturesque like my eyes twitching so bad. I feel like that episode of Beat Sorry, but it's the most picturesque, Like I always want to take a picture of My windshield is always like so dirty, but it's just like gorgeous, Like there's a massive like rock wall and like all the leaves and it just makes me so like oh yeah, oh wow, that's number one. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Something about it's like interesting because I feel like something about fall and winter are very nostalgic, Like I always feel very like tied to my childhood or like I like remember certain things. But for some reason, I don't really feel that way in summer. Like I'll do certain things in the summer where I'm like, oh, this is nostalgic. I used to go to this boardwalk with my family, but I don't know. For some reason, it's just so much stronger in the winter and fall.
Speaker 1: Maybe back to school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's just like I've been saying this to Brandon for how many weeks Now. I'm one of those girls like I can't wait for Christmas, Like this season just makes me feel so right and so old, like I have no job, no man, my mental health is that an all time low. And I promise you the second Christmas music is starting to be played in department stores.
Speaker 1: I'm all, all that's out the window.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's your do you guys have like a rule for that for for getting into the Christmas spirit, like before Thanksgiving not until December.
Speaker 1: I wait to like like Black Friday, like I need to get through it like a holiday.
Speaker 5: You need that turkey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm on the big back spectrum. So I enjoy Thanksgiving and like really enjoying it. But the second Black Friday rolls, Christmas.
Speaker 4: I used to be like not until December first, and then I became an adult in life's kind of sad. So then I was like, yeah, what, I'm going to start enjoying things earlier.
Speaker 5: Talk about Fuck Girl Fall? Yeah, oh, We've been getting a lot of submissions about that. I feel like, who's in fuck Girl Fall season?
Speaker 4: Anybody did that start on TikTok?
Speaker 3: Like is that a saying?
Speaker 5: I don't know where that Honestly, I don't know, but I like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 3: Last year was like Feral Girl Fall, the fuck Girl Falls kind of like Braddy and Cunty, Like, yeah, I love.
Speaker 5: It, just like snatching hearts and who gives a fuck?
Speaker 1: I guess is that what that means?
Speaker 2: Just like like not like you're no better than a man?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, just bullying. I guess I've been that. I don't really think it's fall, it's just maybebe.
Speaker 5: It's the damn season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's get into it.
Speaker 5: I feel like it makes sense, like everyone's like, you know, at least in Philly like back and it's just like you know, fucking around and finding out and then like because then I feel like winter is like cutting season. So like you kind of have to fuck around and fall before you can get to that that stage.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, you're right, definitely true for Philly. I feel like it like just matches the energy.
Speaker 3: It's like everyone's back.
Speaker 4: You're just like seeing old flings from last year, the same one.
Speaker 1: I feel like the Philly is like now you say that, I feel like looking at like all like TikTok and everything that not that like Eagles are back. I feel like everyone gets into like that fair oldness like it is fuck girl fall, Yeah, fuck girl Philly fall.
Speaker 3: Does anyone in Philadelphia have a job?
Speaker 4: Because on Monday game Day it was eleven am and I see half these people at the stadium drinking. I was like, what is going on? I was like, Philly is insane. Everyone was like somehow off work.
Speaker 2: I should have been up there.
Speaker 1: I saw a TikTok and it was like uh, people like doing a crowd in review at the tailgate and I was like, did you request off work? And people like no, But I'm like, okay, well they're seeing this video?
Speaker 5: What insane? What's on everyone's fyip?
Speaker 1: I don't know if y'all have been seeing this. I hope you have it.
Speaker 2: Is.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I'm reading the notes. It's a makeup artist who ruined the wedding. Yes, oh yes, thank god, you guys have seen it so pretty much. It's almost like a who the fuck did I marry? But I actually saw her when she originally posted these videos, So it's a makeup artist. And she posted the video saying like a story time of how I got kicked out of a wedding. Turns out that she was a makeup artist at this wedding and she decided to stay and be the content creator for this woman's wedding, even though there was already a photographer, like videographer.
Speaker 2: I heard she ate down on the makeup though they all said that she did a good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, she did good. No, she did good. She's well, she's a good makeup artist.
Speaker 2: She drawled, who cares?
Speaker 1: She drawled as fuck? Like she stayed there the whole day, was making tiktoks like with the briand and groom the groom like at one point I think said like, I don't want to make any more fucking tiktoks, like because she wasn't the content creator like she was. Well, she also to preface this she was talking about how she had just broken up with her boyfriend of six years, so she was like heartbroken and like was crying at the wedding of the day before while doing the makeup, and like I think that also carried over to the next day, so like she started crying when the groom told her like to kind of not leave like a stop, and then bra I was like no, no, no, it just was really it was also two sides with the story, right, and it was like, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I this is like a weird ick I have as a social media like manager, I guess for my full time job, but I get really uncomfortable when I see people look uncomfortable in videos, like especially when like you can tell that they're being forced to make it, if it's like for.
Speaker 3: Someone's job or something.
Speaker 4: And all of the videos that I'm seeing from this wedding, you can tell that the people, the bride'smaids, the bride, the groom, they're in it for the first like three seconds of the video, but then you can tell that they want the camera to get off of them, and she like keeps it on them, and I'm like, oh, I'm like cringing watching it because I feel like if she just cut it to when they looked happy, no one would be like yeah, I'd.
Speaker 3: Be like, oh wow, they looked like they had such a good time.
Speaker 4: But she kept the video going for so long and you can visibly see the people be like okay.
Speaker 1: It was like even in the background of like the first look pictures, like the app like she shouldn't She was just doing things she shouldn't have done. And I think she even when the actual wedding plan came up to her during a reception and said, like, the bride and groom like want you to leave because you were contracted to stay until five and damn near ten o'clock, she went up to the couple's private suite, like you know how the bride and groom go to a private suite during the rector because they want to be alone. They she went up there and was like, I need to talk to you, like you could have talked to me as a woman to like get like so much, Like that is just overstepping.
Speaker 2: I'm going to use a classic U line time and place. Nobody should have a content creator at their wedding. I'm sorry, Like that might be an ammunity necklace, but like, that's such an unnecessary job. Even if you have a full blown career in content creation, hiring someone to make tiktoks of you and post instagrams is, in my opinion, bizarre. You have a videographer, make the content yourself, you have a photographer, just upload the pictures. If you want to take a TikTok at the wedding, fine, but that's a bizarre thing for her to even say, like, I want to do content creation for your wedding. Nobody gets hired for that. Am I wrong? Have you ever seen a content creator at a wedding?
Speaker 1: Is that a thing? I think? Yeah, it is a thing. The bride was saying that she was she wanted to hire a content creator for the wedding, but she didn't. Then the makeup artists took that upon herself.
Speaker 2: From that's bizarre.
Speaker 4: From understanding, the point of a content creator at a wedding is to get content right away, because your videographer can take up to like two to three months, and your photographer can take up to like a month. Like I mean, this is every videographer and photographer is different, but there's times like you don't just get it the next day, so I think people started being like, I want to look at my wedding the very next morning. I want to see real time photos. So then somehow in that birth.
Speaker 2: Romostn't built in a day, and now there was your wedding. You don't get It's not an Instagram on vacation.
Speaker 3: You don't wake up the next.
Speaker 2: Morning and say, oh, let's look at the flicks I took last night. This is the most special day of your life, and you're hiring someone to take a picture because you want it the next day.
Speaker 1: You're a freak for that.
Speaker 2: I hate this generation. That's just that's bizarre.
Speaker 1: That's bizarre.
Speaker 2: But I see what you mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is.
Speaker 1: What you're saying.
Speaker 4: Times have really changed that I've been asked to be a wedding content creator.
Speaker 5: If you do that, I said no.
Speaker 2: I could you should make you coin?
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: The reason I said no is because I could not handle the pressure of fucking up somebody's like pictures.
Speaker 3: Like, if you're paying me.
Speaker 4: To take pictures for your wedding and the next morning you look at these and you're like, damn, bitch, you didn't get one of my angles.
Speaker 3: I would never sleep again.
Speaker 4: I'd be so distraught so I was like, sorry, but I can't do that responsibility.
Speaker 5: That's why when I was little, I always thought I wanted to be a hairdresser, and then after seeing so many people get bad haircuts and bad hair, I was like, Nope, I will not ruin someone's hair.
Speaker 4: You'd be so good that you always have like you just like have you always know what looks good on people.
Speaker 1: I feel like you'd be.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, I think that person should switch their hair to this way.
Speaker 4: I mean you made me switch to the middle part and my life got exponentially better since then.
Speaker 5: So you would you love to break hair?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's very relaxed.
Speaker 5: Period. My for you page is the Tart air Mes bracelets. Oh, I am just in my like skepticism era now where I literally think everything is rage bait and I am like convinced that Tart like did this on purpose. Like I really think that they were like, let's get pr out of this. I don't know. I think something's going on at HQ, Like I think they are smarter than I think something's off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so wait for myself and the listeners, because I've like been on the outskirts of this, so I kind of know the drama, but I don't actually know. Did they send out bracelets to certain people?
Speaker 5: Yeah? But it like it was weird because like Ken Yerick got like in every jewel like something like or I don't know if it was a ring or a necklace, a necklace, and like Hallie got the Aramez bracelet, right Halle Kate. So Kennedy was like, I'm not really sure like why people got certain things because it didn't seem like it was based on followers.
Speaker 2: Well, Lexus Oakley got one too and Amez bracelet.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it didn't seem like it was like based off of whoever has the most followers. I don't know like what they did. Maybe it was like randomized. I have no clue, but just the I couldn't leave it. I was like, this is insane that this is a conversation right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, damn, you're right. But like they had to have known that. Like I really think I like they're gonna do on boxing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I really think they were like you know what, like let's cause a stir, let's get let's get lit up. I mean yeah, I feel like they're no stranger to controversy. They do these trips all the time, Like we've talked about it before, and like I just feel like they are I feel like they have a PR team that's kind of just like let's ruffle feathers and like let's get people talking about it, and it works. It works, people do talk about it. But I mean I would have taken anything.
Speaker 2: I would take the box forty four shade tan, the mail.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that's on mine.
Speaker 2: The internet is so rage baby right now, to a point where like I can't even Okay, this is a Lindsay fyp, Like this is not gonna be on anyone else's picture. This. This is a young black woman. She has natural shape, almost like shaved down hair. She's dressed in what I would call a colonial esque outfit. Very much so far me but like not. This girl made a video of come with Me to pickcotton? You guys, she didn't Did you think before posting that?
Speaker 3: What did you.
Speaker 2: Think one audience? One were you targeting? Because on my side of the hand, we're all gonna hate you, and on the other, on the side of the palm, I don't know how they would react to that. So what did you want?
Speaker 1: Who was your audience?
Speaker 2: As she is so dead ass to a point where she has ten toes this. She is doubling down, She's making lives about it.
Speaker 3: What's the public's reaction.
Speaker 2: We're discussed the black communities here. The black community is disgusted. They're like, I hope your shackles come off soon. Have one in the fields. Sists and the white people who are watching it, who are sane, are like, what the hell is she doing? But they can't really react to that because you don't want to be put you don't want to put yourself in a hole. And then you have like Maga TikTok who's like, she can do whatever she wants.
Speaker 1: If she wants to pick the cotton, she can.
Speaker 2: Pick, and it's just enrages me, Like I'm like, you can't. Yeah, so serious, it's.
Speaker 5: So yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyways, damn.
Speaker 4: I don't really have anything on my FIP, but I do have a question for you guys, sort of like an immunity necklace. But it happened to my sister. She's in the thick of dating right now, so I wanted to ask what your guys' thoughts are. So she went on a first date and they got drinks at a spot like before. They got two glasses of wine each, so the four drinks.
Speaker 3: In total, he paid for that bill. She said it was an amazing date.
Speaker 4: Their date lasted from six forty five pm to twelve am, so a long date. School date literally put in a shift. They're they're vibing, they're hitting it off. They get drinks first and then they decide to go get dinner after. So they get drinks, he pays the bill. Then they go to dinner and they have a great dinner. He pays the bill, but he says, could you just pick up the tip? And she's like okay, and he's like or he first he says, do you have cash? Could you just pick up the tip? And she's like, oh, I I don't have cash. I just spent it all, but like I can pick up the tip. And he was like okay, well you don't have any cash with you and she was like no, like I'm sorry, like I don't really carry cash. And he's like, okay, well, I'm just gonna have the server put a penny on your card so that you can tip on that.
Speaker 3: I'll take care of the bill, but you just pay for the tip.
Speaker 4: This story of regebe I swear like she texted me this this morning and I literally said, can I tell the story on the podcast?
Speaker 3: And she texted me she was like, I don't know what to do. He was a great date. We had a great time.
Speaker 4: But I felt it was really weird that he went through the effort of making me put a penny on my card to just tip.
Speaker 3: What are you what are your thoughts? What are your reactions?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that's that's just so bizarre, like all or nothing?
Speaker 1: Yes, Oh what's effort that I said?
Speaker 3: I was like, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't inherently think it's weird that he asked her to pick up the tip, like he got drinks, he got dinner. Do I think he should have just paid for it all? Yes, but I don't think it's like the end, I'll be off a guy doesn't do that. But I think as soon as she said I don't have cash, he should have just been like, oh, no, worries, I'll get it, or like, hey, why don't you pick up the next one, or why don't you venmom me? But to have her take out her card and charge a damn penny.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: That is broke that for me, right, And she's like, what do I do.
Speaker 4: I really liked him, and I my advice to her was not to totally cut it off, but to keep it in the back of your mind and if on date number two he does anything weird, then you cut it off.
Speaker 2: Oh I would there would not be a date number alexis no.
Speaker 1: I feel like I don't even know. I feel like that's rage. I feel like that would enrage me. But I also be like, is it that is that big of a like cash out.
Speaker 5: Like like, if he's that pressed, he should have just asked her to split the bill, right, Yeah, that would have been Even.
Speaker 2: If he had been like, can you ven mommy, I would have said, no, that's bizarre. That that is bizarre when you Unfortunately, women expect things from men. I don't think a man should have to pay for you. But if you're already going to lay the groundwork and you're gonna set the standard, like, hey, I'm going to pay for this, don't look at me at the end and say, can you charge a penny to your card? That's crazy.
Speaker 3: That's why we do it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Heye, literally, that is the definition.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: I just like, I feel like I'm having trouble having words because it's so crazy.
Speaker 5: Like n comfortable and awkward.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and she was like, that's exactly what she said. She was like, it was just really uncomfortable because I thought we were vibing and like had a great date the whole time, and then that just kind of threw me off. And I was like, perfect, I'm going to talk about this in my podcast, Like.
Speaker 3: What do you do after that?
Speaker 1: Like what do you talk about when you're signing the tip?
Speaker 2: Like Doude, I have like a rude question, Like this is really rude. If you're broke, do you go on dates? And if you are broken, you do want to go on a date to impress the person or like be that person to whoever you're going out with. Why wouldn't you pick something low key? When I go out to dinner, I'm unemployed. When I go out to dinner, I know, Okay, Lindsey, your friends might order appetizers and drinks and you're gonna have to split this bill. That's up to you if you want to go, because what I'm not going to do to my friends is go, I only got one drink? Can you guys? Just unless it's that type of vibe like you should be prepared for that. So it's like do broke People go like.
Speaker 3: That's broke mentality.
Speaker 2: It's not even broken. It's not even broke like broke.
Speaker 3: That's a mentality.
Speaker 2: That's a mindset, lack of home training.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I'll tell her to listen to this so she can get her answer, because I told her to try one more date.
Speaker 3: But y'all are saying, keep pretty.
Speaker 6: I'm curious, split the toilet paper flies, ask her for a gas money when he picks her up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Whoa, that was a great episode.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, keep that between us, Curly, Bye bye,