Speaker 1: So glad I was able to get on Twitter and read various elected officials tweets. So I get myself lined out this morning because I almost I almost did a bad almost did a bad Let's see here. So I don't know if you guys are aware, So uh A couple who was outside is I want to be clear here what the event was was an event being put on by the American Jewish Committee, So these were these were a couple of staffers who were a couple who happened to be Jewish outside of a Jewish event up in Washington, d C. We we're murdered yesterday. And and I was looking at the various facts and witness statements and police reports and bodycam video and more witness testimony, probably some CCTV outside of the event. It's Washington, d C, after all, And I was this close to formulating a possible theory on the motive. And then luckily I saw the tweets from AOC rasheated to lead various other Democrats, and they were very clear that we should not rush to judgment. We should wait for all of the facts to come in and then and only then should we attempt to I don't know, figure out a motive for this thing, and thankfully, thankfully I saw that and realized, what do we know? Really, I mean, really really as far as motive goes, Yes, most witnesses the police report the cameras they do, in fact apparently show a guy who at one point people in the area thought literally was potentially another victim, so they were like giving him water and stuff. They do show them shouting free, free Palestine while he murdered these two, at one point pulling out the red version of the Hamas headwrap thing while screaming free, free Palestine as police are taking him into custody. Thirty one year old Elias rod Reig, Is outside of an event organized with the American Jewish Community, is said to have murdered the two. This happened around nine pm last night, again screaming free free Palestine, holding out the head thing and literally like screaming into the video camera by one of the witnesses, Katie Kalisher, who's one of the witness credit with filming the video there. And I was here and I'm like, oh my gosh, I'm seeing all this and I think I might know the motive. But luckily I saw let's see this is just one of the many from AOC as well. Wait more details. We must be clear that hatred has no home here. Our prayers are with the victims, family and loved ones. I would caution those not to rush to judgment until all the facts are in. Thank Gosh, I saw that man, because here I was ready to rush to judgment. Ross. Did you formulate an opinion on this story when you saw it? And do you feel bad for doing that?
Speaker 2: I hadn't seen it. I had heard it. You you just discussing it at the moment, like right now, and I made sort of rush to judgment.
Speaker 1: I do have to what do you whoa you think people are rushing to judgment or you feel that you might be rushing to judgment?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: What what is it about this scenario I just described that's literally on the witness video that makes you think that you might know what happened? Who are you? Who were you? Man? You just said were you there? Let me ask it? Were you there?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I was not? Oh wow, okay, you think I didn't come across that way? I was not there?
Speaker 1: Okay, clear, I don't look. This is not the rush to judgment. Show Free Free palace. That could mean anything, couldn't it.
Speaker 2: I mean, if anything, this show has a track record of not rushing to judgment, Like all jokes aside, and like there's a lot a lot of stories where a lot of people just run with it and we tend to take a few days to take it all in and form an opinion on it. So that is actually something we do in this show, is that we h Yeah, So.
Speaker 1: That's I guess that's what we have to do here, is right? Right? I know, she's what is wrong with you people? Dear God, We're so we're gonna We're gonna go with the murdered Jews screen free free palace. I'm sorry, I just rushed your judgment. Just happened, just happened. I couldn't help it. I'm a horrible person. I understand this. Sure, AOC is right. I have a theory that the Jewishness of the people involved in the events surrounding it might have played a role in this, might have played a role. I guess I'm just gonna have to own it. And I can't imagine what motive AOC and Rashida Talib and others would have to be, like, yeah, we should be careful here. We never know, never know. And if you go on Twitter right now, there's already people essentially saying that it's an inside job because that's where we are. That's insane. Let's see here. Oh, look at that Boston Paul rush into judgment. Dude, you were a cop. You can't do that. You can't do that. I mean, I know you're retired, but like you can't be like I think I know what happened, we don't have all the details.
Speaker 2: It's also had a character for Boston Paul. I really remember it took him Like how long did he have to stick out white He bowled your strip club there, right, it was like a decade or something.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean that's a that's a top tier criminal, man. You got you gotta get all your ducks in a row. Especially remember he had an FBI agent in his pocket, Whitey, So you gotta get that stuff. Uh, get that stuff figured out, dude, I don't know why. That's Like the first tweet I saw on it this morning was aoc let's not rush to judgment?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Whatever could it be?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 1: You're absolutely right? Uh, and you know I screwed this whole thing up, almost rushing to judgment and not playing the music. All right, So whatever do we think could have been at play? Here? These suspects seen pacing back and forth outside the museum it's a Jewish museum of some sort leading up to the shooting, allegedly flashed a handgun in front of a group of four people. That could mean anything, That could mean anything. Oh, this New York Post story is so biased. Man before opening fire that, according to DC Police Chief Pamelus Smith, well, who is she? Who is she to relate the facts that are on like nine cameras? Let's see here the event was a reception for young diplomats at the American Jewish Committee. The crazy thing is as the alleged shooter is leaving, leaving the area there and coming out, they start rendering aid to them because they're like, there was a shooting. You're obviously stressed. Can we get you some water once you sit down relaxed for just a moment, And dude did people were calming him down, bringing him water, taking care of them, said, who is this cave of floating head here? The person who took one of the videos anyway, little did we know he was somebody that executed people in coul Butt. Ma'am who was there and filmed it, ma'am who was there and filmed the whole thing. How dare you rush to judgment saying this guy may have murdered some people. I've just been informed we don't do that. It was only when police rushed in and the suspect pulled out a red cafia or whatever that thing is, and then others realized he was the suspected shooter. The suspect announced the police that he was unarmed and had quote committed the shooting for Gaza. That could mean anything. We don't know what that means. Quote committed the shooting for Gaza in his own words, quote I did this for Gaza. Free, free Palestine. There's only one solution into Fada revolution. There's only one solution into Fada revolution. That rhymes. Maybe this is a musician, And then just kept yelling free free Palestine over and over again. Oh you know what, ross That sounds like a modern day hit record, right there. Get a little something that rhymes, a little catchy. There's only one solution into Fada revolution. And then you just scream the same words over and over. That's the top forty hit these days. Why is this musician being detained? Ah, this is where we are. I it's so completely predictable and that and and there's this expectation that I'm just gonna sit here and just you know, ignore the dude giving a full on confession for like twenty minutes. Got away for the facts there. I'm sure this dude's got a manifesto. His his name is interesting. I usually don't get into the names. But it's not as Middle Eastern e as I thought it might be. The Ketchman Drift, Elias Rodriguez.
Speaker 2: I mean, even if they did have a manifesto, it doesn't mean we'll be ever, you know, be getting down to like, you know, figuring it out.
Speaker 1: That's a good point.
Speaker 2: You can't release that manifesto.
Speaker 1: Right, It might it might spur violence, you know, so we'll never know. Yeah, that's probably it's probably true. I'm probably a Trump guy, right if you had to speculate, that is not how I want to wake up my Thursday. But here we are.
Speaker 2: I mean, before you rush to judgment, to the river to the sea could mean anything you know, from Mississippi.
Speaker 1: To well, that's true. Can you name a river in North Carolina. Uh, perhaps the New River would be a good one. Yeah, fear that'd be a good one. Could be that one. Can you name an ocean?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Wow, Ross knows both the river and the sea.
Speaker 2: Let's not want this so let's not jump to conclusions.
Speaker 1: Now that's a good point. Well, oh, Washington's gonna extra suck today. So just you know, so we're clear six point twenty hang out. Don't rush to judgment, bro, We're not rushing to judgment here on this show. Yeah, some guy screaming free, free Palestine probably murdered to Jewish diplomats I guess in Washington, d C. With his hamas do rag. But we don't need to rush to judgment. That's what's important here. So just wanna just want to be clear on what's going on. I'm actually surprised there's not more social media on this dude already. But this this is where we find ourselves. He looks like somebody and I'm trying to think it's it's not a positive thing, just trying to trying to figure out who he looks like. To say, it just hit me when I was watching the video this morning, not rushing to h to judgment. Uh, let's see Trump Party weighed in announcing the deadly shootings that the killings were done out of hate and radicalism. There's going to be zero, all right, So over under. I know we're not allowed to rush to judgment, but just real quick over under on actual, honest to goodness rhetoric discussion as part of the greater news analysis by the Legacy networks. You think, do you think this might broach an actual discussion on CNN? Maybe if Jennings pushes it. Perhaps. What's even crazier is you have like people who are, you know, purportedly on opposite ends of the political spectrum that actually are grossly okay with this, which is a feature of twenty twenty five that I just I don't get. I don't like at all. It literally it ruins my social media experience some days. This following the story of a shooting the two I don't know if they themselves are diplomats outside of a Jewish museum mixer party of some sort while screaming free, free Palestine. And I just pointed out that when it comes to the boo Jews stuff, I can tell you which direction the media is going to go regardless of what evidence is out there, So just prepare yourself for that. It's and it's not a good look. And for whatever reason on the Twitter, it's really kind of creepy this morning. I'm just gonna warn you. Now, maybe you don't get served that in the algorithm, but like this is too easy for the media to ignore the Free Palestine College gathering, you know, really the stuff that looks like it's at play here for some people who want to who have to always post memes about how many Jews are in a thing? Was the way I saw a worded the other day and I thought that was appropriate, you know what I'm talking about with like, ah, here's CEO's lists. Look, they're all Jewish or Indian. I've seen that one, but or any of the rest of it. And I promise you that's where the media is gonna go. Just prepare yourself, even though we're all told to just kind of take a take away and see, I'm gonna predict it right now. So there you go that story. And honestly, I when I thought it was, you know, last night, after i'd sent prep I just assumed the Oval Office South African meeting would be the big story, but not this news cycle man. Go ahead and they'll dig something up. Yeah, I do. I think they worked at the embassy. I'm just not sure their title because the event was for young ambassadors, so I don't know, not that it matters, right, It was clearly an event that had a bunch of Jewish people at it, right, just the name of the event where it's being held, any of the rest. So here's some lunatic who's like, I have to shoot Jewish people. This is going to be It's gonna be a target rich environment. But I can't rush to judgment. I was instructed as much. So what a story, man, And what a story with the Oval Office South Africa meeting? Holy cow, yesterday. Let me just handicap this for you, shall we? All Right? So yesterday the and unless you are literally just crawling out from under a rock, I'm sure you're aware of this, but there's some details that are kind of nuts. Okay, So Donald Trump had a meeting with the President of South Africa. Now, the reason he was here, Cyril Ramphosa or whatever Rama Posa, how he pronounced his name. He was here because he was doing the media spray handshake, Because he wants to get a trade deal done, and South Africa is kind of important, especially in the automotive side. A lot of people don't realize that, like BMW that's that's like their number two manufacturing plant, or at least it was years ago. I don't know if it still is, but a lot of BMW's are manufactured in South Africa and then come into the US. I only know this because when I had a BMW, uh literally it was built in South Africa and it was part of an endorsement thing that we did and they kind of walked me through the whole process. So it's important that South Africa gets something done. That's why the South African president was in Washington yesterday. So he's going in he just assumes it's gonna be your your Hey, let's smile, let's do a handshake. But Trump Trump had some other thoughts man, and of course the media is like, oh, there's he's he he ambushed this man with unsubstantiated claims. And you know what the claims were. The claims were, Hey, why why uh why are you guys singing songs about murder and all the white farmers. That's weird?
Speaker 5: Huh?
Speaker 1: Why why are you all doing that? And uh, he didn't just bring it up. He brought a sizzle reel, as we call it in the biz. He brought a highlights video and then while this dude's sitting there, he can't move, he's already and I'll play what prompted this. A lot of people aren't playing what the conversation before it? I'm gonna play that for you. The whole thing was nuts, and he clearly expected it because he brought it. He brought along like white South African celebrities to be like, look they're fine. Look at that guy. Hey, look how live he is. I don't know what you're talking about. Like, so, everyone going, well, they just caught him off guard. No, it didn't. He brought Ratief Goosen. He brought a PGA goll He brought two of them, but he brought Ratief Goosen's the one you're gonna hear from. He brought two South African white PGA golfers. Why do you think those were the people he chose because he realized is it's sixty of his countrymen just moved to the US that this is a talking point. This guy wasn't ambush in the sense that he didn't think it was going to be brought up, and in fact even cobbled an answer on what Trump can do to fully understand that this thing is totally not happening.
Speaker 6: He will take Krisdent Trump listening to the voices off South Africa, some of.
Speaker 1: Whom the question, by the way, is what will it take to convince Donald Trump there's not that you guys aren't murdering the white farmers. This was an actual question.
Speaker 6: He will take Krisdent Trump listening to the voices off South Africa, some of whom are his good friends, like those who are here when we have talks between us on the quiet at the quiet table. It will take Chrisdent Trump to listen to them. I'm not going to be repeating what I've been saying. I would say if that was a freak he got on a farmagenocide, I can bet you these three gentlemen would not be here, including my Minister of Agriculture.
Speaker 7: He would not be with me.
Speaker 6: So it'll take him President Trump, listening to their stories, to their perspective, all right.
Speaker 1: And we'll get to we'll get to that part here in just a moment. So that was his answer, and almost immediately because Trump's just sitting there, he's listening. He's kind of doing the hand thing, which he does, and but he listens to the answer there and then he's ready. He's got he's got a TV wheeled in, he's got a staffer who's you know, in his mind, is supposed to get this thing rolling. And now the South African president can't do anything. He's stuck there. He's got all the media. This is part of the quote media spray, which I always hated that term. So they're sitting there, they're ready to do this thing. This guy's just all I can do is sit there. And so here's what Trump does.
Speaker 8: Use We turn the lights down, turn the lights down, and just put this on this right behind you, there's this tournament.
Speaker 9: We talked to you people not went to occupieland.
Speaker 6: From you from the present from what we don't care.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do what I.
Speaker 9: Want to do.
Speaker 10: Who are.
Speaker 1: So? So what you're seeing is if you've been on Twitter at all or other social media, you've seen these videos, these big stadium rallies. That's a member of the president's party there and they do things like singing about killing the boor and they speak English there, so it's really it's not a translation issue. And I keep reading these stories that people who think that that means that they want to murder white farmers are are not uh what is what is the term they use? You're not up on the heritage. They don't really mean that, not really. And this video goes on for four and a half minutes. It wasn't hey, let's listen to this quick audio cut and then I'll talk about it. It was a four and a half minute montage and he just just let it roll. And then the South African president like is averting his eyes man, and Trump's like pointing back to the TV. It's crazy. It's uh, it's it's some of the nat I said, it's some of the nastiest work I've ever seen. Man, is this guy? What's the guy gonna do if he gets up and leaves? That's the story. He just got to sit there while this.
Speaker 9: Is gone at South Point.
Speaker 1: It's a it's the it's all the hits. He's playing all the hits for four and a half minutes. And then just when you think you can't get any more uncomfortable, there's a video which which you've probably seen over the last few weeks where uh a group created across for every white South African farmer who has been killed, and then they lined a road with them. And so it's just this eerie picture out in you know, this kind of open area of South Africa, and it's just crosses as far as you can see. And Trump starts kind of lecturing him in the middle of.
Speaker 4: Us and these are burial sites right here, burial sites over a thousands of white farmers.
Speaker 8: And those cars are lined up to pay love on a Sunday morning, Each one of those white things you see is across and there's approximately a thousand of them. They're all white farmers, the family of white farmers, and those cars aren't driving this stop there to pay respects to their family member who's killed. And it's a terrible sight. I've never seen anything like it.
Speaker 1: Now, Remember how the President of South Africa mentioned you just got to listen to people. In fact, I brought along these people. What he brought along were two white PGA golfers who play out of South Africa. But that's who he brought. Now, askers of why would he bring them, Why do you think Ross, why do you think he selected two PGA golfers from South Africa who happened to be.
Speaker 2: White, probably because he knows they're safe because they're giant celebrities.
Speaker 1: And Trump likes golf. That's how simple. That's how simple to this dude is. He's like, Trump loves golf. Man, let me just bring these golfers along. So if those are your Hey, look these white guys are still alive. See see see it's either still alive. Look a look at it. He's relatively uninjured. See it's all nonsense, it's all whoey. Your story better hold up. But then Retief Goosen starts talking. Remember he's the character witness for how awesome things are in South Africa. That's what he's there for. He's there to go, he's there to go. There's no genocide going on. I play golf, I come back, nobody tries to murder me. See, everything's fine. And then that goes off the rail.
Speaker 11: Up in a area in South Africa that is a farman area of quota guana. Uh, and yeah there's some issues up there, obviously. Uh my dad was a proper develop as well as a partine farmer. And yeah, some of these uh, buddy, farmers got killed. The farm is still going. My brother's running. But it's a constant battle with farms trying to get they're trying to burn the farms down. Do uh chase you away? So it is it is a concern to try and make a living as a farmer. And at the end they you know, we with our farmers. There's no food on a plate, so we need we meet the farmers. You do it or most of the film and you wouldn't do it.
Speaker 8: He wouldn't even want to do what you do.
Speaker 1: They love the farmy.
Speaker 8: They don't wanna leave or is it it's a struggle.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and you know food, food and fresh water is the most important thing in life. You know, we're about those two finchy COCKSPI.
Speaker 4: How is the water there?
Speaker 11: The water is great obviously, h.
Speaker 12: M.
Speaker 11: All the water comes out of all haul out of ground for us today. But yeah, it is a battle to get the order out sometimes when all the equipment gets stole in all the time that you're trying to.
Speaker 4: Get your family and your brother and they feel safe.
Speaker 1: On the farm.
Speaker 11: They left beyond electric fences, you know, trying to be at knight to sight. But it is. It is some constant whenever you leave that that something could happen. And uh, you know about both at msb attacked in the house. Is my mom's being attacked in the house when she was eighty?
Speaker 1: So it is, it is.
Speaker 11: Difficulty.
Speaker 1: This is your character witness. This is the guy you brought along to to assuage fears. And did you hear his story? His relative still farm, they have to live behind electric fence. All of them have been attacked in their homes, including his mother, and they're still the equipment or they arson it trying to run him off the land. It's just it's probably due to the fact that Goosen is a successful PJA golfer. I suspect that their security is probably a lot better than others. That's your character witness. That's the guy you brought and he literally just laid out the thing that people are saying it's happening that all the media now says isn't happening. Absolute dumpster find. If you're the South African president, there's not much you can do. You're stuck there. You can go be angry in the other room. I bet that suit stinks too. I bet he was sweating bullets through that thing. But like, that's your guy. And Trump wasn't hard interrogating him. He was talking to him like a golfer, Like he talked to some random golfer. Dude, it's some pro amned thing he was at just having a conversation. He'd have to rack that info. He has very basic questions. The whole thing was, I had never seen anything like that. And now people are like, Oh, you're gonna blow the deal with South Afa South. We don't need South Africa. You thought we didn't need Canada, we don't need South Africa. You'd like to be able to get something done, but clearly Trump's got some concerns. So anyway, all right, six fifty one phone number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. Coming up on the show, we got our NERD correspondence segments. Since it's Thursday, we'll get into that coming up at eight oh five. Wahy, Nancy Mace is in the news cycle, isn't she? And the most terrifying version of who was running the government seems to be Jake Tapper's theory, although I don't know if I believe it, And I'll explain why we'll do that coming up. Radio program followed the story at all of this hiker from Bermuda. What is her name? Twenty eight year old Tiffany Slayton. All right, I did see a little national coverage on this, but I was watching her press conference yesterday. I don't know that I'm buying this chick story. So if you don't know, here's the crux of the story. This woman went into the Sierra Nevadam Mountains there in California. I think she was going camping and hiking for like five days. There is a trail, well, there's a lot of trails, but there's a really famous one called the John Muir Moore Mirror. I can never pronounce his last name. He's the photographer who very famously did the first photographs of, among other things, Yosemite, right, and he's the guy who would always kind of place himself in the photographs. So there's a very famous photo of Viewing Rock, which is just this big round rock that sits off one of the peninsulas there, and he's kind of like hanging over the edge. And these photos are from they're very collectible. In fact, who was the guy who played Winston Churchill and Darkest Hour. What is that actor's name. He's a big photography nut. There's a really great documentary on John Muir's photography. And this guy owns like a bunch of those famous photos. That's that's his collectible, all right. So they found her, they like nobody could find her. And then twenty five days later she showed up and she had like broken into a luxury resort that's a seasonal resort, right, because it's April when they actually find her, and she was just kind of living in this five star resort that wasn't staffed. It didn't open until May. I guess somebody showed up from maintenance. They found her in there. But then she started telling this story, all right, And she's from Bermuda. And I just point this out, not because I have a problem with people from Bermuda, but people from Bermuda, if Bermuda and the Sierra Nevada Mountains have almost nothing in common, from the wildlife, to the temperature, to the to the plants that you'll find there, almost nothing. So that's one thing. So she said at the start of the trip, she told reporters she had fallen off a cliff knocked out for two hours, woke up. Both of her legs were injured severely. She had to quote physically pop one knee back into place, splin one of her legs. Then she started moving again. Her Siri on her phone worked, but her GPS didn't. It's weird. She described herself as a pre Olympian in archery. She splinted one of her legs, popped the kneeback in splinted that. Then a snowstorm hit. She got swept away in an avalanche, but she was able to get back on a trail. She couldn't call nine one one, but she could ask Siri questions about plants to eat, which is there an offline Siri that I'm not aware of. I don't know, I don't think so. And then for the next twenty five days she kept hiking, surviving off leaks and boiled snow, hiking up to eleven thousand foot high peaks so she had a view. She suffered thirteen heavy snowstorms, and she had to fight bears and coyotes to emerge. Eventually found in an empty wilderness resort Vemillion Valley Resort, hanging out one of the cabins. I guess the owner showed up to do maintenance or get ready to open. It's like, oh, is there somebody living one of the cabins. Yeah, dude, the whole thing sounds super sketchy, just throwing it out there, like that's an amazing, amazing story, all of those things. You fall off a cliff, then an avalanche gets you, and then you gotta fight a bear. But you can ask Siri how to do it. Yeah, some some this is there's super main character syndrome going on here too. By the way they interpressed, I'm not gonna play the whole thing for you. There's just there's something that sounds off. Also, leaks don't grow there. I don't know if you guys know this, You're not gonna if you go up in the mountains of Californy, if you go up at any mountains for that matter, but at that elevation. But if you go into Sierra Nevada mountains, I think the wild leaks don't grow for like a thousand miles or something some crazy number. But if she didn't know and just thought they were leaks, I don't know, maybe maybe there's something to it. Let's see here. Yeah, and Twitter's also not buying it. She bragged about her resume basically asked, oh, and then she said that then she was asking to get cast on a survival show. During her press conference, She's like, well, obviously, if you're you know, the producers for Survivor or anything, I'd be a pretty good contestant. And her parents are like just super weird about it. So anyway, I'm going to go with I don't know that I believe this story. I don't want to jump to conclusions this morning, but the whole thing sounds like and also if you kept finding the trail, like there's a few things, one of which those trails in California are pretty nicely maintained, those the over especially the Mirror Trail. I've actually I've been on, not the whole thing, but I've been on a portion of it. Like it's very clear you're on the trail, and there's markers and they have call boxes up there too. She was kind of crazy, and again she really didn't have supplies, so she's living out in the snow for twenty five days, just got swept in an avalanche and neither of her legs work, and she and she made it twenty some miles. Let's see. When I asked how she started fires, she didn't answer, Yeah, I don't know. I think she was chilling at the luxury resort. Man. I look at the pictures too, looks very nice. So but Shackleton, she's probably not all right. So yesterday, yesterday, out of VanderBurg Air speaking of California, out of VanderBurg Air Force Base, which is right there on point conception by Lompoc Lompoke, depending on how you want to pronounce it, we fired off our new Minuteman missile, which, by the way, we changed the name of this all right, So our previous what was it called Sentinel or something, So the Minuteman three, which is our latest ICBM. And by the way, these are the ones too that were the newest. But also we're being decommissioned under Biden for no reason I can understand. So Trump's like that, we're not going to decommission these. Let's fire one. See what it does, and it's pretty badass. The missile, now we call it the new Minuteman, is called the doomsday missile. So that's pretty aggressive. But I mean, this is what it's for, right, You're not pulling this thing out all the time. We have roughly four hundred. I'm sure we have a lot more than that, if that's what they're disclosing. Mmmmm yeah. These are the land based Minuteman three missiles called the Doomsday Ross. What do you think of Doomsday versus Sentinel? What do you think of the name change? Doomsday or oh Ross's screen aphone call? I mean I'm all for name stuff. Badass man. Remember when you heard Remember when you learned what MOAB stood for Mother of All bombs? That's great, man. We should have We need you neat. You want your badass weapons to have badass names. It's part of the deterrence. Let me ask you a question. Have you ever been scared of a scud missile? Now? What do you know about scud missiles? Go? If you were old enough to remember the first person the first goal for What do you know about scud missiles? They don't hit what they're going after unless it's by accident. The things are garbage. Man. We we watch for what two years? Year and a half? They Oh Saddam launched a scud let's see, Oh it hit a goat. Oh that's too bad? Or did we just shoot the damn things down. This is tech well above and beyond that. So yeah, I call it the doomsday missile. I'm with that. This is why we need a missile parade, telling you what a lot more terrified of a doomsday missile than a sentinel. Sorry, I love the name. Change, Good on them. Why in the world were we going to decommission these things? Let's see, So they fired it from it obviously was not carrying a nuclear payload. They fired it from Vandenburg and I guess it made it to the Marshall Islands in like twelve minutes. I'm assuming that's pretty good travels at fifteen thousand miles an hour and his course adjustable. That's scary. It ain't no scud missile man, and to this point still remains somewhat untested. However, under the Biden administration, executive order had been given to decommission all of those missiles by twenty thirty nine. Now we're going to keep a few. Trump wants to do this Golden Dome thing. I know you guys familiar with this, So yeah, Donald Trump said he expects his Golden Dome missile defense. So this is like the Israeli Iron Dome, but for the US, I dare you to fly a spy balloon over. Speaking from the Oval Office, Trump announced his administration had developed a draft architecture of what the Golden Dome would look like. He said the project, which is expected to cost one hundred and seventy five billion, so probably a trillion. Let's face it would protect America from hypersonic, ballistic and cruise missiles. Now, we already are pretty good at intercepting missiles, and in fact, I want to say it was during Trump's first term. Remember they tested a few of these and they shot some missiles down out over the Pacific, and I believe all but one was successful, which you know, I don't know what they were going for, but better than nothing. And it was this four and fifty on alert is a standard Oh I'm not yeah, I'm not claiming it's anything other than the standard test, but it's still pretty badass. We need to get one of these for the show man. I got some ideas. Let's see, do do do? But fifteen thousand miles an hour outpacing the nearest missile, I guess the Russia has or China has by six thousand miles an hour and still able to hit another missile in flight. Kind of amazing. All right, seven eighteen Cacoday Radio program when we have a call here, Yes, Jamal, what's up?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 13: Ca see see.
Speaker 10: I don't know if you remember being a while back you had in China. People were talking about how the wizards were treated and how they were set at their being in prison and how they're being tortured.
Speaker 7: Well China. Remember during the game Olympic they had a wiggle run out there with the watch and light the flame and it was like, ooh see, it's just the Western propaganda that the wizards were being torturing any.
Speaker 10: Camp and people were like, you just guy, wasn't doing this.
Speaker 13: Doesn't uh?
Speaker 1: I think it's.
Speaker 13: Okay. I know it's okay, but yeah, my bag, but okay, it's we we girl, okay, the weakness were sitting there.
Speaker 10: People were like, we've seen you. We know this is happening. You you're using these people. And you know what, Casey, it's a shame that the president of the United States. You know, it was like that guy, he was like he was free to say what we wanted to say something. You were scared to say something because he's scared of his family gonna get hurt back then back in our South Africa. Oh, I'm like, why all this really made students to will work because we've seen this before, because the Wagers want to right the weavers. Well, they did the same thing in China when it came to the Olympics and they had the Weger one out there. They get torch and light the flame and they was like, see China is the torturing leaders, right literally did that same clime.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Yeah, No, the the whole retief Goosen thing and having them there to like they won it backfire too. It was just so it was so like death spot predictable. So that's that's why I was laughing at him then. And then the guy and thanks for the cold ball literally had a story about how the thing is happening, So yeah, I would. Who knows, maybe Goosen's trying to get some sort of I mean, he's got enough money he go live anywhere. Especially as as an athlete in a in a major sport, it's usually pretty good, pretty easy to get papers. So but uh, anyway, all right, seven twenty thank you for the Weeger discussion. To appreciate that seven twenty one. Actually, let's take a break, be right back. All right. So I didn't know about this because I don't do the Fortnite. Well Ross, you don't play Fortnite either, but Ross pays attention to video game. So so apparently in Fortnite, it's new season in the Battle Royale game that you're pretty sure your kid's addicted to. You can there's do you play as Darth Vader or is he just a character that you interact with? That's what I'm a little That's what I'm trying to know.
Speaker 2: He's in the game like it's like an enemy as an enemy.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right. So so anyway, so they they have an AI Darth Vader, and like everything else with AI that is that you can interact with, people have already figured out how to manipulate it into saying some pretty insane stuff. I think Microsoft's AI chatbot where within sixteen hours they had it tossing racial slurs and denying the Holocaust. All right, so they figured out how to manipulate this thing. So Epic Games is having a hot fix this thing because it keeps saying stuff.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: In fact, and the oh the articles Star Wars new AI Darth Vader under fire for racial slurs. Uh, yeah, I have not. I'm not super familiar with.
Speaker 2: I know, so I guess you approach like the character in the game and it'll react to what you say. And it just started like dropping like racial slurs, and it just do we think isn't racist?
Speaker 1: I have a question the doodle. The doodle eliminate a planet full of people. That's pretty bad. He'll Kevin Bunch.
Speaker 2: I just don't know if I'm pretty sure he's going to violate Fortnite's ts.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, no, no, I'm again. I'm not justifying it. I'm just like it's Darth Vader Man, like he's going to have some trouble. He takes on stuff and then like a lawsuit broke out from sag Aftra because it's AI. But it's an AI character, so it's formulating statements even if some of them.
Speaker 2: Are trouble, I mean, because it sounds just like James Earl Jones. Sure yeah, and they're like, well, you're stealing his likeness, so you know, and he's dead so it's not cool. But like the family, I guess if James Earl Jones said no, it's fine, he would have been cool with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. According to even this article that's really mad at the game James Earl Jones's family is part of, says that there is a collaboration between themselves and Epic Games. So, I I is that ink on paper? Are they getting paid for it? I mean, it's fine if they are. So if the family who controls the rights to James Earl Jones has struck a deal with the game, who's then using the voice even in this render fashion? Why why are they suing? That's what I don't know. That's what I was trying to figure out in this story here. I understand people are but hurt over this, but it's also not real. So there's that which you know, should always be added into these conversations. That Fortnite's actually in the news quite a bit. I guess. Now they're back in the app store and they haven't been because they decided to really take on the behemoth that is Apple just due to, you know, due to the amount of money that Apple gets for apps in their in their app store, and Fortnite obviously has a lot of in app purchases and what is it Apple takes like what a third or something? It's pretty crazy number. But now they're back in via court order, so we'll try to make sense of all of it. We'll do that with our NERD correspondent coming up here at eight o five, Stephen Kent. He'll join us, all right, So Jake Tapper continuing to make the rounds, make the rounds, and was talking about who was actually running things there. This is with Katie Kurk, who's still interviewing people. And this is a pretty terrifying scenario. Although I don't know if I'm all in on it.
Speaker 5: So Church make a factor. Was the Hunter stuff?
Speaker 14: I think it was considerable. I think Hunter was driving the decision making for the family in a way that people he was almost like a chief of staff of the FANI.
Speaker 5: Does that strike you as pretty bizarre?
Speaker 14: It's bizarre because I think he is provably demonstrably unethical, sleazy, and prone to horrible decisions.
Speaker 5: I mean, tell me how you really feel well, I mean.
Speaker 14: I just just look at the record. I mean, after his brother died, he cheated on his wife with his brother's widow and then got her addicted to crack. That's just one thing I could say. I mean there, I don't have a lot of personal regard for him and just based on having nothing to do with I barely have ever met him. I've met him like once or twice, but I knew bo Bo was a great upstanding guy.
Speaker 5: I knew him too.
Speaker 14: Really a real loss for the country too, not just for his family, for the country. But Hunter is not that and the idea of letting him drive the family car as it were, is just really really questionable.
Speaker 1: All right, So are you buying this because you know, we've you know, the question is who's kind of running things? Who was at the helmet. We saw the reports, especially towards the end of you know, really post election, but the end of the term there where it was they were like, remember the wife was coming to meetings, Jill was coming to meetings and like running meetings. And then there was other reports that Hunter Biden's basically sitting there in the Oval office yay and ay and stuff. So I don't know the part where Hunter Biden might be the name you're looking for as to who was running things kind of terrifying, But also wouldn't things have been more fun? Maybe not fun in a way you wish to participate, But like if Hunter Biden's really in charge. I mean, got the the the presidential pardon going all the way back. Probably you know you're gonna have to have some influence there to get it done. If you honestly believe that Biden didn't have an intention and then changed his mind, then I guess it pays some credence to it. But like there was no executive order for a national topless day. I'm just trying to think what Hunter had come up with. Man, it'd be salacious. I wanted to do a I wanted to do a contest or a little bit of a bit. And I was thinking about this the other day, but we're kind of far removed now from the Hunter Biden laptop. I wanted to find salacious facts that Hunter was accused of doing, and then salacious facts from the Diddy trial and then make you, guys, guess who the pervert is. And I just like did a cursory dig into this yesterday and I realized it's a lot harder than you think, and a lot of it I couldn't even read on the air, if you want to get into the good stuff. So the idea that he might have been handling policy in the White house, holy hell man. But also tappers try to sell a book and this is part of the book. So and his credibility is absolute garbage, So take it with a grain of salt if you will. An Australian woman allegedly lit her friend on fire because he made massagistic remarks at a party. Oh lord all right. Twenty four year old Corby Corby is her name. Walpole is accused of setting twenty three year old Jake Loader on fire because she said she felt overwhelmed with his misognistic and sexist remarks during a house party in New South Wales. This's happened in Australia. Loader told Walpole at one point that she should quote go back to the kitchen and make him some scones that she couldn't handle drinking with the boys, which sent the twenty four year old into rage, and then she lit him on fire. Well you proved his point, man, a little bit, Like clearly you can cook, or at least you know how to build a flame to do so, because you did it on this dude. According to authority, she grabbed a gallon of gasoline from the garage, doused him, and then waved a lighter at him. Did she say something you got to have, like you gotta have like a action movie catchphrase. There now who's cooking? Right? But she put it he was in a medically induced coma, like she was not screwing around. He spent almost three months in a burn unit. Just awful. She said that she had been overcome by drugs alcohol and did not like the tenor of the conversation. I'm sorry, you don't get to light somebody on the fire for man's plaining? Do we have to make a rule? Also? I think that's funny that in other countries the joke is telling women to go to the kitchen to make different varieties of food. You know, in the US, it's always the sandwich joke, right, why don't you make me a sandwich? Right? But not in Australia you tell him to go make scones. I'm just wondering if it's different every country you go to, like in Mexico is a fresh massa made tortillas. I don't know the answer to that. I'm just you know, if I want to be a misogynistic pig in different countries, I'm just curious what food I have to go with? So in Australia Scones in the US at Sandwich. There you go, all right? Eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four Who I forget? Who's in for Ray today? I usually write this down? Yeah, not there? Who is it? Do we know? All right? Off, all right, let me find Ray's email here? All right, Well, hopefully hopefully connects here pretty quick to do do do do? Yeah, I want to make sure I got the right name here. Ah, here we go, Ray only working? Uh No, it's ken boone today. That's who we're looking for. All right, I'll give him about another minute. Are we having Is it a Comrex issue? Because Fred's no, that's next week. All right. Sorry, A little behind the scenes there just reminded me of uh all right, oh yes, this so uh. Defense Secretary Peter Hegseth announced yesterday that the seven forty seven eight jumbo jet from Qatar's royal family has been officially accepted and is now in the process of getting prepped to be used as Air Force one. I'm curious how long these upgrades are gonna take though, Like a lot of people were suggesting, this thing is gonna be fast, and I like the amount of the amount of like adjustments that they have to make to this thing is roughly equal to the price of the plane. So something tells me that's gonna be. That's gonna be going for a while. But keep in mind the current Air Force ones are forty years old, so even if they take a year to put this thing together, it'll be much newer. But it is officially hours now. All right, still not there? All right, great, let me do this. I'm not gonna I'm not gonna. Oh no, he's calling in there ross all right, so maybe we are having some sort of com Rex issue calling in on the hotline there, dude to do? All right, we'll do it by phone if we need to. I don't know what the issue is. Uh oh point, all right, hold on, maybe we'll go back to that story. Let me grab ken boone from the weather channel. We break our toy. What's going on? Man, it's always something, always something. How are you doing, ken I'm doing good?
Speaker 3: How about yourself?
Speaker 1: I'm pretty good? I was predominantly. Oh there must be a Comrex issue if he's not there, So all right, phone works. Let's do this, and you know, ray leaves and then the weather improves.
Speaker 3: I like this you're right.
Speaker 12: You're right.
Speaker 3: We've got some pretty nice weather here for a few days at least, looks like through Sunday, Sunday night into Memorial Day we do see the rain chances start to increase a bit. But until then, I think we're gonna be dealing with lots of sunshine, and actually we're gonna cool off a little bit into the upcoming weekend itself, but warm out there today and breezy sunny skies. We're into the low part of the eighties, midle upper fifties tonight, mid seventies tomorrow with sunshine, upper seventies, with sunshine for Saturday and Sunday, and then, like I said, we do have a chance for some showers Sunday night into Memorial Day itself.
Speaker 1: Okay, Hey, Ken, I'm gonna three on hold. Ross wants to talk to you. I'm sure it's texto. Okay, hang loose there and he will be right back. Hang out. Good news. Apparently people are getting parrot chlamydia. So that's the thing. Parrot parrot like the bird chlamydia? How does one acquire that? And I'd be very curious to hear what words your parrot knows? I gotta be honest with you, bro. A twenty six year old man arrived at a hospital suffering from a cough that he said had lasted six days in a persistent high fever. And so they went through all the rigaman row from COVID, pneumonia, you name it. And then they figured out he had parrot chlamydia, which I didn't know was a thing. Now he doesn't have any parrots, by the way, but he does have pigeons, and so pretty much any bird will give it to you. I just want to know how you get it. I'm assuming if it's respiratory, you're just breathing in probably feces or something like that, but I don't know. Man, all chlamydia you get the STD thing in your head. Who knows, who knows, But apparently that's the thing you gotta watch out for if you have birds. I wish I was unaware of, but now we all know. All right, let me grab this story just because this thing is crazy. Man, This is why you don't help people move right here, But also maybe you should mind your business. So a man in Houston whose neighbor asked him to move Basically, he just needed help, he said, with a few pieces of furniture and some quote heavy boxes made a frightening discovery. So Houston or Harris County. So again, Houston sheriff ed Gonzalez that authorities arrested Stephen Everley in connection to the incident, which happened last week. They say the thirty six year old had invited his neighbor to help move some furniture. However, when the two went to grab a heavy box and the driveway, his neighbor couldn't figure out why the damn thing was so heavy, so as Everly went to go grab something else, the neighbor peered inside the box and it was a body. That's right, So he's moving furniture, he's moving out of the house, and he's got the big heavy box with a body in it. And the dude looked inside. Now here's the thing. If people ask you to move, I don't know, that's invitation to look inside their boxes. There's that. But also he didn't have the thing sealed up or nothing. The guy said, basically, the lid was open. He just kind of flipped it open. Ummm, let's see. The medical examiner identified the individual as a man by the name of Luis Mendez a contractor. I guess maybe he had done some work for this guy, owed him some money, and the guy just killed him. I think that's the theory they're working on. But yeah, stabbed him multiple times. The wife of the victim said that her husband had been installing kitchen cabinets, however, had not returned from work several days prior. So yeah, there you go. And again they're not They're not one hundred percent on the theory. There. This is why again, it's why you don't help people move man. Police say that when they arrived, they also noticed that the victims truck was still parked nearby, So this guy had done nothing and then he I think it's a neighbor to help move. Now does the neighbor still get pizza and beer? How does that work? And that was that's usually what gets promised. H So we charged with murder, tampering with evidence, attempting to take an officer's weapon because when police showed up, he did not go quietly. Is that stephen on uh on ten? It says director critic. I don't know should I answer that?
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean, if you do show some respect because the man has I mean, you should be concerned.
Speaker 1: You know what he doesn't have?
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 1: A thou like a thousand bucks anymore? Or whatever? What is it? Cosplay is expensive? Right? This is why I don't do it?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I mean good cosplay is expensive. Yes, okay, that's.
Speaker 1: A If you guys are following us on Twitter, and you should at Casey on the radio, you're gonna see what I'm talking about. All right. So Stephen Kent is dressed up for Halloween and this photos. So what's going on? Director Krenick.
Speaker 12: We spend here amidst my achievements, not yours, and niche Star Wars references that only we will understand.
Speaker 1: What a weird character to lean into. How'd you choose him?
Speaker 12: He's so cool? Man Ben Mendelssohn is such a great actor and first Imperial officer to ever strut out into Star Wars wearing a cape. You know, big cape guy? Are you not a cape guy?
Speaker 1: What do you mean for your Vader's got to?
Speaker 12: Yeah? Yeah, yeahh But we're talking about the bureaucrats. We're talking about the pencil pushers here, the guys who actually make things happen, Imperial officers.
Speaker 1: My friend An imperial officer with a cape. Is that a cape?
Speaker 12: Of course? Of course I'm wearing a cape. I have a cape in every room of my house, Casey, you swap them out based on your needs. There's the kitchen cape, there's the bedroom cape, there's the office cape. What kind of cape do you have?
Speaker 1: How much of your family's future financial planning did you sacrifice for this thing?
Speaker 12: I invested at least three hundred dollars in bitcoin in the cape for my costume. It's very important.
Speaker 1: Just a cape. Three indred bucks for a cape.
Speaker 12: If you want it made right. The problem, Casey, is that you have to get these capes and these costume pieces when you're doing cosplay for Star Wars, made to a certain standard so that you can maybe one day join the costuming clubs. So if you've ever been to a comic con, you're probably familiar with the Star Wars costumers and Stormtrooper gear. They're called the five oh first and they have standards you have to meet. Your boots have to be like a certain height down to the inch, your tunic has to be trimmed a certain way, and your cape has to be legit. And so I got my cape overseas from an overseas seamstress at a company called a Novo, and it cost me like two hundred and fifty three hundred dollars. Several years ago.
Speaker 3: I was just.
Speaker 12: Telling Ross that then that company went under, they went bankrupt, and the order was basically lost for three years until they were bought. The company was bought out of bankruptcy by somebody else, and then they fulfilled my order. And so one day I just went out to my mailbox and had a cape, and I.
Speaker 13: Was very happy.
Speaker 1: Is this performal you wear to weddings? I mean.
Speaker 12: Yes, absolutely, And according to and Or director Crinic and imperial officers would wear a black sash to things like weddings and receptions, So I might need to get one of those as well.
Speaker 1: Ross, do you have any capes? I'm just gotta I gotta tell. It's my nerd litmus test here. How many capes do you own? Steven's like, oh, he's got a cape for every cage. Do you own any capes?
Speaker 2: Ownes?
Speaker 1: Oh? No, well you hate to see that, all right? So is capeless man?
Speaker 12: Is he even a real man? You know?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know. He's got a samurai sword within a few feet of him, so I don't know that i'd question him.
Speaker 12: All right, masculinity is making a comeback.
Speaker 1: Got it? I'm is it not? Judging by this photo.
Speaker 12: I wrote it, Masculinity.
Speaker 1: And I'm trying to figure out the look on your face too? Are you up to no good? Did you just hear dark or Deny the Holocaust in Fortnite? I mean, let's start there and we'll actually, no, let's do the and Or thing and then we'll pivot over to that insanity. So the latest season of and Or is done. Now I can watch it. I always waiting that I binge it. And you're saying I'll be pleasant. I'll be very happy when I watch it. In its totality, Rossing's pretty pumped. So what's your final verdict there?
Speaker 12: Yeah, final verdict is this is the kind of Star Wars program that I think anybody can watch and not have any sort of background knowledge or understanding about Star Wars and feel like they can enjoy this show. You know, it is high quality, top not stuff, and it is made for anybody to watch it. I think that's one of the things that Tony Gilroy said about this production was that he didn't want people to be stuck in the deep lore of Star Wars. Instead, he just wanted folks to enjoy the story of a rebellion against an empire, which, go figure, that's what the original Star Wars in nineteen seventy seven was about, no backstory, and that's the way to.
Speaker 1: Do it now. And right on the heels of that, I saw that Netflix has canceled Zack Snyder's follow up to Rebel Moon. Did you get into at all?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 12: I didn't. I read the reviews and I was like, oh, like, this was like a Star Wars, you know, wanna be kind of thing, and I took offense at its very existence and didn't give it a try.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, But does that mean that Zack Snyder is just like we're just done with him, because like he's had it, he's let's just say, given some money away.
Speaker 12: I guess, man, I just I just don't consider Zach Snyder to be a serious person. I maybe I'm just like really holding a lot of the DC stuff against him. I know that he did three hundred really cool Spartan movie. I know he did The Watchman, But I just think his work in DC was so bad. If someone says it's a Zack Snyder production, I don't exactly rush to go watch it.
Speaker 1: Did you watch the full Zack Snyder version of the Collective The Batman Superman?
Speaker 12: I know you'll have to take away you'll have to take away my Nerd correspondent card, but no, I did not get into this hole Zack Snyder cut thing.
Speaker 1: So I did not go watch that a half hours. Man. I turn it on one day and it just kind was in the background. So I don't know what, like.
Speaker 12: The Passion of the Christ for Batman.
Speaker 1: It was something, man, I'm like, and I couldn't even tell you what the difference between the actual two hour cut and that was. But it just kept it, kept trying to force feed it to me on HBO Max or whatever, and I finally pulled the trigger and it was not good. All right, So ma'am.
Speaker 12: That's what long movies are all about. Though, Like when you get a really really long movie and it's clearly in need of editing, you realize why movies get cut around two hours, because you just don't need all that extra fluff.
Speaker 1: Anyway, all right, let's let's go get over. Speaking of Fortnite, let's get into this. There's two things. One, Fortnite is back in the App Store, and if people aren't aware, Fortnite kind of decided they were going to take on Apple. I'm not happy with the amount the cut that Apple gets and some of the control issues, and as a result, they were pulled off the app store and they've been in lawsuit city. Finally a judge said you got to put them back on there. I did Fortnite win with this? Did Apple? Because it sounds like Apple is still undefeated on this front. They're just going to do whatever they want.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm not prepared to weigh and on the legal aspect of what's going on between Fortnite and Apple. It is an ongoing saga with Epic Games and it's just a total total mess. There have been some concerns about the way that Apple runs its app store and whether or not they take too much off the top for companies like Epic Games to have their products on there and then also sell, you know, things within the app. You know, there's there's some rules that are basically forbidding them from having in game app or in game purchases on Fortnite, and that's something that Epic has contested for a long time, and I think it's still to be determined what's going to happen there. But they've managed to get themselves back in the news for something a little bit a little bit more funny but also still a very niche intellectual property and copyright law issue.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, and I'm gonna get to that here in here's the thing I think mobile gaming sucks, all right, I'll just yeah totally. I I don't want to have to get some pay to win thing, which is all the models. Everything's in app purchase. Occasionally there'll be a game that comes out, like The Room, which is a puzzle game. They keep putting out iterations you pay five dollars once you own it. That's how we used to do things. And like, I don't even go in the app store anymore for on the game side. Man, Like it's just so depressing because everything's the same model where they're going to extract the amount of money people will pay. You know, you see these kids that ran ten thousand dollars up on their parents' credit card over these games, and I feel like there's never going to be an incentive to get back to how the first games were we pay for the game and then you known the game and maybe they'd update, maybe they wouldn't. But we're never going there again. There's too much money.
Speaker 12: No, I don't think we're going there again. And you know, the quality at which you know these games are produced, they are, you know, heads and tails above what they used to be, just in terms of how they look, what they can do the functionality of mobile games these days. And it's part of cost control. I mean, these companies develop these games. They are in fact quite expensive, but they're incomplete products. They publish them as games that can be edited and then you know, updated with patches over time, and they do that to save money, to make money. It's just it's sort of a system that I think gamers have become very disillusioned with. We we own nothing and are supposed to be happy about it.
Speaker 1: You know, there are some games too, and I'd have to look on my phone, but games right and bought them and now after several updates, they have in that purchases and they're turned into play to win and it's like I already paid for them and then you updated it to ruin the game, Like I'm surprised there's not more lawsuits on this stuff. But since we're talking lawsuits, let's get over the other thing you want to talk about. So Epic Games has and according to the articles I'm reading, they have a deal with the family of James Earl Jones. They have some sort of they have some sort of agreement or understanding. So what happened is now Darth Vader is a character in Fortnite, not one that you play, I guess, but one you can interact with, and like everything else, once people figure out that it's AI based, they can interact with it. The first thing they want to do is figure out how to manipulate it, just like they did with the MSNBC AI that they got screaming the n work in sixteen hours and they have and I'm gonna play stuff that we can play. Here's Darth Vader. You know, he's a little snark, a little snark going on. It's clearly James Earl Jones' waste, or at least an AI version of it, and you know people are interacting with it. It seems very very popular, a.
Speaker 15: Useful tongue for smugglers and spice traders. Its strategic value is mini very well say.
Speaker 1: A talk to uh can you raise me up?
Speaker 15: If RIZ equates to mastery of the force, apprentice, then my RIZ is unquestionable or a farm? Are you suggesting? I concern myself with trivial esthetics?
Speaker 1: Mommy?
Speaker 15: As MR explain this phenomenon.
Speaker 1: All right, and that's the clean stuff. That's what I could play. And I wouldn't vadere to have some serious RIZ if you can essentially mind right, oh my god too. But the problem is is it didn't stop them, and so yeah, then they got Vader to say a bunch of stuff that I can't err on the radio, uh sag after which is uh uh television movies and also radio as a sag after can. But essentially they're the they're the union for actors. They're upset with this, but I think they're upset because voice actors are upset. But then they reclaiming, yeah, they didn't they're ruining the memory of James Earl Jones. But then the family weighed in. They're like, he'd probably loved this damn thing. So mm hmm, what the hell is going on with this thing?
Speaker 12: Yeah, this is a this is a fascinating case. And again, like copyright law and uh an ip is is a very niche policy area, and there are a lot of concerns out there about ways in which AI are going to be able to recreate, you know, iconic characters and utilize, you know, like chat GBT is able to pump out Studio ghibli stuff just by studying the artwork of Miyazaki over in Japan. But this is sort of a different issue, which is that the Darth Vader voice actor James Earl Jones his estate, his family cleared fortnite to study and recreate his voice using AI. And it's not just his voice, it's quote his iconic rhythm and tone. It's the way in which Darth Vader speaks that the AI was also able to recreate. And the drama begins with the Screen Actors Guild. And I think this is funny because I really hate unions. I really don't like the way that they carry themselves. They come in and they sue that this stole work away from their members. It's like me having AI do a read of one of my articles that I write for The Washington Examiner and then Ross suing me for stealing potential work from him, as if I was ever going to consider having him read the article as.
Speaker 1: A voice over, like Ross voiceover.
Speaker 12: Maybe maybe he can, Maybe he can, But who's to say I can do it for nothing with the AI? And that's what this is all about. They're concerned about their voice actors in the guild being put out of work. And listen, I get it. We want humans to have jobs, we want humans to do certain things. But when you're talking about Darth Vader's voice and rhythm and if you can have an AI do it, why not? And who are you to sue and say you can't do it because you stole work from hypothetical people?
Speaker 1: Well? How far does it go? Did you see the story down in Australia where they had this woman who does an afternoon show on a music station, so you know, just cuts in three or four times an hour, that kind of thing, and is very popular and so people were like, how come she never has meet and greets? What's going on? And one of the radio companies down there admitted she's AI, which some people around the building talking, as you can imagine, like how far do we go with this? I'm glad I do talk radio, but how long before they can do talk radio too?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think it's a valid question. All of us are concerned, especially if we're in the information economy and we're paid for our words, our thoughts are ability to speak and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: But we could be.
Speaker 12: Put out of work by AI one day, and it's quite possible that we could, or at least, you know, we could be impersonated in many ways. But you know, coming in here with a labor lawsuit is different than an ethical debate, and I think that we're going to have to have some really serious debates in Congress possibly, you know, actually, you know, with our representatives to talk about what we want from the ethics of AI as they unfold. But I'm not very sympathetic to hypothetical labor based lawsuits that says you can't sign a private agreement with the estate of James Earl Jones for his voice and rhythm and likeness and steal work from a hypothetical voice actor that may or may not have ever been good enough to mimic Darth Vader perfectly. I just think that there are some things here that are not necessarily about ethics. It's just about what is right business.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, well, we're not gonna get to the other things. I got about five seconds, but Steve and I appreciate it. Enjoy your your cosplay outfit. We'll talk next week.
Speaker 13: And I always do it.
Speaker 1: You got something, buddy. So anytime there's a busted semi truck spilling its load everywhere, we're always interested to see what it is. Yeah, all right, So this happened just up across the state line in Franklin, Virginia, which is I guess if you're if you're taking that cutoff, well, no, because you do thirteen. But it's literally just across the border, like you're going towards Norfolk. Right. It's forty four pounds of ham.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's amazing with a haul, dude, you gonna share some of that or I mean possibly.
Speaker 1: You don't even forty four pounds of ham if we have any leftover, what are you gonna do with forty four pounds of hamad.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of protein, it is.
Speaker 1: It would be a lot of protein. All right, hold on, let me get the deats here. Yeah, a multi vehicle crash overnight in Isle of White County. Is that really the name of the county up there? I had no idea. Okay, Oh, Okay, so that's the county before you get to Norfolk. Okay, there you go. According to officials, troopers were dispatched after reports of a multi vehicle crash where a two thousand gmc Sonoma was oh good, driving without his headlights on, going the wrong way. Oh lord, listen to this. So a two thousand gmc Sonomas driving southbound with no headlights on, struck an off dude or an on duty deputy driving an unmarked Ford Explorer. And then a twenty twenty freight liner tractor trailer this should be the truck with the ham, I guess, came over a rise where the accident had happened. It ran into the ditch, overturned on its side, spilling its load of forty four pounds of ham at the time of the crab. Well, there's free ham, free ham, everybody. You're in southern Virginia.
Speaker 2: There, all right?
Speaker 1: It looks like all right, so good. Nobody was seriously injured, though the guy would know headlights probably in a world it hurt. Oh yeah, look at all that ham there. This is a lot better than the truck trap yesterday. I noticed you didn't want that one. Do you see what was in the truck yesterday that had problems.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, I did.
Speaker 1: You want that one too, I mean the coming I could weaponize it. It was a truckload of bees. And in fact there was a problem because the truck ended, it was not mobile anymore, and the bees were getting irritated. So they had the fire truck had to come and like hose down the bees to keep them cool. Because that's the last thing you want is a truck full of of bees. Uh, with a vendetta of some sort. All right, I'm just warring. What kind is it? Good? Hand? Well, you know Virginia, Virginia loves their ham. Probably pretty good stuff. I was seeing if there was a brand name. I don't see one here. What do you do with all that ham? So just I guess it all goes to waste? That's too bad? All right, couple other things here now I want now, I want I want some of the country ham from waffle House. Man. I don't know why I'm craving that right now, but that sounds delicious, all right?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 1: And then let me go back to we kind of opened the show with this this story in Washington, d C. Which I would warn you I would caution, you don't rush to judgment. The very first thing I saw this morning when I woke up and was digging through the Twitter was AOC warning me not to rush to judgment here. So we'll have to operate. We don't know what happened, we don't know what's going on because we're not rushing to judgment. Here's what we do know. So yesterday evening at an event was for the American Jewish Committee's Young Diplomat's reception. So this is at the Jewish Museum up there, and authority say a thirty one year old man decided that he wanted to go in there and shoot some people. After brandishing a firearm to a group of four people moments later, moments later, two people were shot and killed as a young couple. I guess the dude had already bought a ring, was going to be proposing tour coming up in Jerusalem, had it all planned out, and this dude bust in and while screaming free, free Palestine, Free free Palestine, decided he was going to kill a couple Jewish people. And again, I'm not allowed to rush to judgment. That's what I was told. We may never know his motive. Police say he was eventual. Now, initially after the shooting, he actually came out and people thought he was one of the victims, so they started rendering aid to him, giving him some water. Hey buddy, are you okay? What's going on? However, once police got there, which was in pretty short order, they quickly put it together, took this dude into custody, and the whole time he's screaming free, free Palestine. And he also removed one of those red one of the red version of the Hamas headscarf things and started waving that around. The whole day is going to be people pretending like they have nothing to do with this. I just want to be clear and telling us not to rush to judgment. Let's go ahead and wait for the facts to come in, which is look, I will I tell you that is how we operate here. But I'm also going to give you the facts of the story here, and I think I might know what's up here. I'm going to go out on a limb. I'm going to throw caution to the wind. I'm going to ignore AOC's advice because obviously she's who should be giving advice here, and I'm going to say, this dude might have a problem with Jewish people, and he might be one of these Palestine protester lunaticians. He's thirty one. Dude's thirty one, so it'll be interesting to learn more, not that we would, of course rush to judgment. Also, at the time he was taken into custody, the suspect told police, quote, I am unarmed and I committed the shooting for Gaza. Quote I did this for Gaza, Free Palestine. There's only one solution into Fada revolution, which is very catchy. And he just kept yelling free Palestine. This is according to the woman who filmed the video, which is in the New York Post article which we tweeted out earlier, or we tweeted one of the articles out. Let's see is there any other things he yelled? All right, So that's what he yelled. He yelled free, free Palestine, over and over again. He had the hamas head wrap. He said, quote, I did this for Gaza. There's only one solution into foder revolution, so very limited evidence to go on there as to what may have been the motive. But we're being cautioned to wait and see and not rush your judgment. So go ahead and do that. You just know this dude's got some interesting online stuff, which they probably already you're digging into. I haven't checked back yet, so all right, again, it's a theory. It's just a working theory, but I'm gonna go and throw it out. I think this guy might hate Jewish people and Israel and is a weaponized lunatic who probably sees what's going on on the college campus. I know I'm speculating going on in these college campuses, and gets a little excited watching this stuff, probably sits in chat rooms, it rips down hostage photos, and all the while essentially looks to leadership in his own country. Is kind of like justification for this. What else are we supposed to think the defense of people that had their student visas revoked, who essentially came to this country to lead their own into faudas or at the very least to promote this stuff and then go to like Barstool Sports. Is you see the dude who went to the bar that Barstool Sports runs in Philadelphia and you can order a bottle if you order a bottle, like I don't understand this, by the way, culturally, this order a bottle thing at clubs now it just seems like the biggest waste of money. But they have like a little board where they put letters up and then you can you can put messages and he yeah, he did that and did a bunch of anti Semitic stuff on there, right, and everybody's laughing, everyone's having a good old time, like it's all pieces of this puzzle. So while sure we will not rush to judgment, I feel like I may have this one, Pegg, but it'll be interesting. I'm sure someone, you know, Aaron Rupar somebody would be like, oh no, he's a Trump voter. Just wait for it, Just wait for it, all right. Ken Boone's here from the weather Channel. Let's get to him, all right, Ken, take it away, sir. Let's pretend it's Friday, shall we, And then I don't have to work tomorrow. So give me the good news. Give me the good news, all right, good news.
Speaker 3: We've got several days. It's some really nice weather. Actually gonna get a little bit cooler as we look towards Friday and Saturday. Sunday might see some rain though by the end of the long holiday weekend. But most of the weekend I think We're going to be looking at some pretty nice sunshine and comfortable temperatures. Briefy and warm out there. Today with sunshine, we're into the low eighties, middle of upper fifties. Tonight briefy, cooler. Tomorrow's sunny, mid seventies. Sunday, it looks like a couple of nice days, predominantly Sunday, maybe a few clowns mix in late Sunday, but hies both afternoons in the upper part of the seventies. And then we're gonna see some ranging over the holiday weekend. It would be overnight Sunday night and Monday for Memorial Day.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right, don't have to work Monday. Love that all right? Thank you sir. Are you with us tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Then I'll be back tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Okay, I guess we'll do tomorrow since Monday is a holidays so we'll talk to you, all right. Have a good one there ross a third there's a third truck. What are you doing? Are you ready? You're ready with what's in the next semi that crashed overnight? It's full of marble.
Speaker 2: It's it's like, I me, some new countertops.
Speaker 1: Are they book matched? You get? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Not sure what that is, but yes, that's with a.
Speaker 1: Veteran on the marble. When you put sheets together, it continues through the sheets, so they charge you a lot more for it. So but it looks cool. So there you all right, truck full of marble, truck full of ham and truck full of bees. So like a party. Eight forty five.
Speaker 16: Hang on a morning, casey a future showing a lot of volatility this morning. They were sharply lowered just a short time ago. They're mixed now. S and P futures down seven, Nasdaq futures are up seven, and the Dow futures are down one hundred.
Speaker 1: And twenty eight.
Speaker 16: There was a small downtick last week in the number of workers filing new applications for unemployment benefits. The Labor Department counted two hundred twenty seven thousand first time filings, two thousand fewer than the prior week. OpenAI is buying an AI device startup co founded by former Apple designer Johnny Ive. Under the six and a half billion dollar stock deal, open Ai will work with Ive to make a push into hardware. This purchased the biggest ever for open Ai. At and T is buying Luman Technologies consumer fiber operations for five and three quarter billion dollars. The Lumen network reaches more than four million locations in eleven states. It's said to have one million fiber customers, about forty five floor or in a baseball. Disney employees are losing their temporary legal residency in the US. They're among three hundred and fifty thousand Venezuelans we're losing protection after a Supreme Court ruling. Disney has placed the affected workers on leave and plans to terminate them next month if they can't.
Speaker 1: Prove legal status.
Speaker 16: The Sacks Fifth Avenue brand has reportedly been licensed to Centric Brands for men's apparel and women's wear. Daily says items will start showing up at Costco in the coming months, and KSE Nike is returning to the Amazon dot com online store after a six year absence. The sportswear Giant is out to revive growth and it's trying to mend ties with key partners under CEO Elliott Hill.
Speaker 1: Casey. All right, thank you very much, Jeff, do appreciate it.
Speaker 16: Okay, have a good day. Talk to you tomorrow.
Speaker 1: If yep, there you go. Jeff Bellinger Bloomberg News. Oh man, why is my home state trying to give Florida Runford's money? Going on here? All right? So check this out, So let's make sure I have the correct I was trying to see what the bar was there, all right, So Sublett County, Wyoming, which is it would be south of Jackson, so still up to the mountains. So anyway, a man in Wyoming is in trouble. So he's at a bar and he's drinking, and he's on a snowmobile. A lot of sublets, a lot of snowmobiling down there, and a lot of these bars. You ride snowmobile to a snowmobile. So he's in this bar, he has too many. He decides, all right, I got to take it home, jumps on his snowmobile, starts driving down the road to wherever he's staying. And while he's driving down the road, all of a sudden, a wolf starts running alongside him. This is kind of unusual, although I told a story the other day countered wolf on an ATV so except he went a different route. So he started pacing the wolf on the snowmobile, and the wolf still and then he jumps off his snowmobile. Like he's a calf Like he's a calf calf rope or calf wrestler you see in that like you see in the rodeos man and he literally three loops and the hohoi and then he duct tapes the mouth of the wolf shut. He then brings it back to the bar to show off. So now in the state of Wyoming, they just figured out that that's not illegal, and so they're having a big debate as to maybe we should make that illegal. But that's such a Wyoming thing thinking this dude cold handed wrestled a wolf from a snowmobile, probably doing forty Wolves are fast, man, and now they got to figure out whether they're going to make that illegal. Good lord, it's always to see what's in my friend's timelines from growing up, man, and also if you need the a further view of where our society's headed. Obviously, by now you're probably sick of hearing about the only fans check who decided she was gonna hook up with a thousand dudes? Right who? By the way, I saw a video of her getting arrested and I think it's a stunt, but whatever. Something looked off about that. But I'm not talking about her because now other creators are trying to beat her record, which is awful, Which is awful. The problem is it's not going well. A what is this chick's name any night? I don't know who that is? Umm, oh she's Australian. Okay, well whatever. So she decided rather than doing all that in twelve hours, she was going to go for eight hours. The problem is she only made it up to five hundred and eighty three because apparently then she like dislocated her hip, which I'm not surprised, and suffered some other injuries and it is now having to be hospitalized. So this is this is why, this is why training is important, cardio is important, right, you can't just go into a record setting attempt without uh without this. And and now she's posting from the hospital there. That's great. And what horrified me in the article is she's like one of three who are trying to break the record. Now, so this is this is what the internet has rot man emphasis on that last word. I can't even describe some of these other injuries, but it's all the things you think. So that's that's all I want to hurt her. Dad thinks if they could find him because he's probably not around