Speaker 1: Right joining us now is Eric Peters, and he's no stranger of this program. We always love talking to Eric because he focuses on things dear to my heart and I think yours as well, liberty and mobility. And you can find Eric at Eric petersautos dot com. Thank you for joining us.
Speaker 2: Hark Oh, thank you for having me, David, Thank you for the wonderful introduction. I would only add sanity to your profile.
Speaker 1: Well, you do add sanity to our program. So it's always great to have you on. Especially I like the fact that you've got you've had since all this insanity began under Trump back in twenty twenty, you started putting out the Diaper Report, and you've got a new one which is the War Tax Report. And I think the titles that you chose with both of those say it all. Really it is the Diaper Report. And you've got a picture on your website of I think it's Japanese women or something who are and modeling. They're they modeling their underwear on the outside, and uh, and we all you always referred to it accurately as the face mask being the face diapers, and so that is still going on, that insanity here six years later, that's still going on.
Speaker 2: It is because it's not been cured. The article that I posted about this the other day was inspired by something that I saw at my bank. You know, I was sitting in my car and another car pulled up next to me, and in it was a woman by herself wearing her mask.
Speaker 1: And you know, Mike, with the windows rolled up right, it's not in a convertible.
Speaker 2: R My. My attitude is shifting a little bit. You know. Initially I used to feel irritated about about these people. You know, why don't you know, take the thing off? You don't have to wear it anymore. But I've come to realize that they have been so hystericized, so PTSD by the NonStop barrage of propaganda which they're continuing to receive, probably from their doctors, of all people.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you know, they.
Speaker 2: Go into the doctor's office and the doctor's probably wearing one of the things, so you know, where the nurses implying that it's a sensible thing to do. So, you know, I regard them almost as NPCs, you know that term, the non playable character. You know, I think that they have been damaged so severely by the people responsible for COVID, And that's what irritates me the most, far more so than the sight of some poor old person walking around wearing the facetiper. It drives me, Baddy, to think that doctor Fauci is walking free. Yes, all people who are responsible for all the misery, and that includes Trump got away with it.
Speaker 1: He gave me an award on the last day in office. He gave Faucio or all the people that did the warp speed operation on us. You know, they pulled a fast one on us. They didn't test anything. But of course we all know that there wasn't any pandemic. We know that by now. You know, earlier this week it came out that there is. You've got a lot of people who are looking at this thing and looking at the damage that's been done.
Speaker 3: There's been studies.
Speaker 1: Coming out of Europe talking about how there weren't any kids who died from COVID, but they're dying from heart disease from the vaccines. And at the same time, Pfizer Moderna have had to cancel their rollout of a new COVID booster because they said they couldn't get anybody to sign up for the test, and it's like, yeah, you didn't have that problem back when Trump was present because they didn't test anything. It was fast because he skipped the testing, right. And so there is a little bit of people who are waking up, but not enough. And of course there hasn't been any consequence for the people who pulled this over on us. What is happening is Jeffrey Tucker Brownstone pointed out, he said, this is a cancelation by the market, and it really is a cancelation by the people. And for the most part, this ended, all this diaper madness ended because people gradually just stopped complying with.
Speaker 2: It, exactly right, But there has yet to be accountability. Right a long time, when I worked at the Washington Times, I got to know Sam Francis. You're probably familiar with Sam Francis. He was sort of a paleo conservative writer and he came up with this idea that has that resonated with me at the time, and I still refer to it often. He called it a narco tyranny, and what he meant by that was that for the ordinary pleas people like you and I and most of the people listening to this show will will feel the full force and effect of the law if we jaywalk, you know, if we get caught driving without a seat belt. You know, we're expected to obey every law and held fully accountable if we don't. Whereas at the other end of the spectrum, the so called elites, the self self appointed elites, can commit the most egregious crimes Fauci for example. I mean, this is a man who destroyed the lives of millions of people, directly responsible for lots of death and permanent injury. Nothing happens to these people, and I think that's why we are now at this point in America where the rage is building, you know, particularly among the magades, you know, the people who voted for Trump, and I was one of them. I'm stupid enough, I got conned rolled again. I voted for this guy, you know, and it's bad enough, you know, to have to deal with, you know, radical leftist people who are but radical leftist people are going to do what they do. You know, you're not being betrayed by the radical left. They're pretty much upfront about what they're going.
Speaker 3: To do to you.
Speaker 2: But they're absolutely infuriating to be stabbed in the back by your supposed ally and friend. And I think that's why everybody, myself at any rate, are so upset about what's happening right now in the country.
Speaker 1: And I said that back in twenty twenty, I said, I would rather have somebody who is coming after me coming after me, you know, with a uniform and a flag. You know, they got their rainbow flag. I know exactly what they're going to try to take away from me. Rather than have a trader who's going to tell you he's behind you, he gets behind you and he stabbed you in the back. And I said, that's the way I see Trump. I said, I would rather deal with a Democrat because then people realize who the Democrat, what his harm is, you know, how he's going to come after them. Why are the Maga people that these billionaire pedophiles are getting a free pass from the Trump administration when he gave a free pass to the people who were killing people back in twenty twenty. You know, they saw that, they went ahead with it anyway, and now this is happening and they get angry. And I understand they should be angry, but why are they surprised that this is happening. Of course, after Trump fires Pam BONDI. The first question for Todd Blanche is, well, what are you going to do in terms of the Epstein documents and the people that committed these crimes? Well, what are you talking about? I don't know what you're talking about. We said if there was anybody that had done anything wrong, we would be after them. And so he's back to this. You know, I have no idea what you're talking about. I said when I talked about it, I says, very much like the Martin Short character they used to parody when he was a lawyeris.
Speaker 3: The lawyer in sixty minutes?
Speaker 2: Back executive people because I think that ordinary people who aren't really really disturbed mentally have difficulty understanding the mindset of people who are very disturbed, the psychopathic personality, because we sort of have an internal monitor check. We feel guilds, remorse, empathy, these things that cause us to shy away from icky, awful things like I don't want to be part of that, you know, And if I was part of it, it was inadvertent or I didn't think about it, and I'm sorry. I wish I hadn't done that. Yeah, So it's hard for us to imagine a person, you know who just doesn't care, you know, who's capable of lying to your face in the most egregious manner and then doing the most awful things and not feeling bad about it at all.
Speaker 1: Absolutely right. I've mentioned that many times. You go back to Ted Bundy, right, the serial killer and rapist out there. He's such a charming, good looking guy, and he's intelligent and all the risk of stuff, but he's just pure evil, and so normal people let their guard down. They can't imagine that there's anybody like Ted Bundy, right, And that's how he gets away with it, and that's how Trump gets away with it as well.
Speaker 2: We thought, some of us again, I raised my hand, mayacolpa. We thought, oh Trump got rolled in twenty twenty, you know, by the malevolent forces that came up with this COVID operation. You know, he was out of his deep he didn't know, you know, but you know now he knows, you know, now he's going to do the right thing. Well, he rolled us this way is what it turned it turned out to be.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And as a matter of fact, when you look at what is happening, there is a perfect continuity to it. Actually, you know, if you look at the bigger picture of you know, where these people want to go. They know that we are in a period of time and it's kind of a natural cycle that happens, and the Fourth turning, you know many times we talk about that, and so we're in this and we're at the very end where you typically have some massive economic issue, you have institutions were rewired and all the rest of the stuff. Frequently there's revolutions and wars. So these people are aware of this. I mean they use all the terminology of Strauss and Hell talking about millennials and gen Z and gen X and all the rest of this stuff. But they won't talk about the Fourth turning. But they're preparing and they're using the Fourth turning. I think this is why we see all of the countries. I mean, it's really frightening to see what France and Germany are doing in terms of preparing for World War three. They want it badly and they are practicing mass evacuations. Of course, that's not being done here in America. We never plan on doing any civil defense. There was a plan to save themselves and let the rest of us die, and that really is the same plan here. They're not going to do any bomb shelters. Trump is freaking out because he wants them to hurry up and build his bomb shelter ballroom that's there, and so that should warn us on this side, as well as the massive build up in terms of money that France and Germany are spending, and of course Germany going into debt for the first time since World War Two. They don't they're always afraid to do that. But now everything is changing and it looks like they're really trying to maneuver us into a third World War.
Speaker 2: It's going to be interesting to see how they rolled their tanks when they don't have any gas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, I've read. I guess some of that solid rocket fuel. I guess.
Speaker 2: You know. One of the one of the aspects of this that it's not getting a lot of traction in the American news media is that in other parts of the world, Australia apparently has is just weeks away from having no fuel, and the situation in Europe is comparably dire. And you know, red hats will say, well, we're here in America, we don't have to worry about that. And I point out. Doug McGregor has pointed this out as well that in California, California imports most of it's oil. Yeah, where are they get their imported oil from. I've got you know, I've got family in southern California. My sister and her family lived there, and I was talking with my brother in law and they're currently paying about six dollars a gallon for regular unleaded.
Speaker 1: I had somebody on the program tell me they saw diesel at seven seventy nine a gallon, and that was last week. I was going to mention that, Well, that's just said, we're only two weeks away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bb line. Yeah, a lot of.
Speaker 2: People who aren't familiar with this issue don't understand the diesel is actually more relevant than the price of gas because everything that we get is moved by a heavy trucks and by diesel electric locomotives and so on, and a lot of things that are distributed through throughout the United States enter the United States in California at the Port of la and then they have to transit over California to get to the rest of the United States. So these costs, you know, we're all worried about paying a dollar plus more per gallon the war tax every time we fill up our vehicles. But very soon we're probably going to be paying the war tax at the supermarket as well.
Speaker 1: You know you picked up that term, you know, the War Tax report and the date in terms of updates of that. I see that now in the mainstream media. They've caught on to what it is really, and it really is a value added tax. It's like the vats where they at every stage of production you get the tax.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I did some rough math too, I think put it in a sharper focus. The typical person who has a medium sized crossover suv with a fifteen gallon gas tank, they are currently now having to spend close to seven hundred and fifty dollars a year more than last year.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: So that means that Trump has raised taxes on average Americans more than any president that I'm aware of in the past thirty years.
Speaker 1: Well, he was bragging about that with the tariffs, you know, because the tariffs are at taxed as well. Absolutely, and he was bragging, I've got all this money from you know, the tax that It's like, where are there any conservative stuff? Do they realize that we don't want the money and the government's coffers. We want it at home. You know, we don't have any control over the federal budget, and we're not going to have any money for our household budget either if he keeps taking it for himself. He sounds just like Bernie Sanders. Look, you know, they're looting the treasury. They're going to have a tax cut or whatever. Trump is so excited because he's been accumulating all this money in his treasury. Well, where do you get that money? Got it from us?
Speaker 2: It's even work greed or so because at least burning nominally as a socialist and supposedly, you know, he wants to help the average person. Trump is helping the billionaire class and you know, the Wall Street class. Look that is over fifty thousand. In the immortal words of now ex Attorney General Pam Bondi, Yeah, from their point of view, if you're among that class of people, then sure the economy is doing gangbusters, but for the rest of us not so much.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you look at who this benefits, it's going to benefit the oil companies, just like you know, he benefited the pharmaceutical companies. At our expense, is going to benefit the oil companies, is going to benefit the military industrial complex at our expense. But you know, you go back to you know, you remember the nineteen seventy three OPEC oil embargo, right. I think you're younger than I am, but I'm sure that you remember that. And then knock on effects, the fifty five mile an hour speed limit, all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 3: Now instead of odd.
Speaker 1: And even tags, they're talking about putting people on you know, digital ID so they can fine tune it to the individual as to when you can up and that type of thing. That's the insanity that we're looking at right now. They're going to use it as a means of control. People hate daylight savings time. I do too, but we had a year round daylight savings time because of the OPEK or oil embargo, and this is much much bigger than that. For Trump to say this isn't going to affect us just praise on the economic ignorance of his followers. I say that he's not about geopolitics, he's about ego politics. He's not about economics. He's about egonomics. And it really is true.
Speaker 2: He might be. He might be. What's I don't want to be I don't want to be two derogatory. He's in this, he's in this bubble. You know, he's a guy clearly who wants to be surrounded by sycophans. And I was talking with somebody about this the other day. I think that the analogy that that suits. And it's not because oh the Nazis, but Hitler was notorious for wanting yes men in his circle and would not buy anybody who was a truth teller, who would tell Hitler, hey, this military thing that you're contemplating doing, invading the Soviet Union, it's a really bad idea. You know, we haven't got the depth and logistics and so on to sustain this. It's not a thing. You shouldn't do it because it's going to be a disaster. He'd fire that general and he brings to Tody, you know, who would say, yes, mind fure or we will do it. And I think Trump's got people like that around him, anybody who will like you know, Joe kent't somebody like him and would say, mister President, this isn't a good idea. Here's why you're You're a trader, you're just loyal, You're out that's right.
Speaker 3: We all know that. Yeah, as a matter of facts.
Speaker 2: Couch chamber. He's got people telling him he's the greatest, most beautiful thing ever, and so he thinks he is.
Speaker 1: There was a clip where they had members of the cabinet or whatever in public, speaking in public, and I think it was Steven Miller who went first, and he does this flowery, sycophant flattering speech to Trump about how great he is about this, how great he is about that, and then he finishes and Trump says, well, that's pretty good. Let's see if you can do better than that to another member, and I forget who that was, and they start out the same type of thing that this is the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. This is why they're so dysfunctional.
Speaker 2: Quite frankly, Yeah, he's every day. You think, Okay, that's as far as it can go. They can't possibly go even farther. Now they're talking about putting his image I think on one hundred dollars bill or something like that.
Speaker 1: You heard about that it's a commemorative coin. Yeah, they've got a twenty four cart gold coin at least that they want to put his face on. And then for the money. I think that's what you're talking about. Put his signature on there, which president hasn't done in the past, has not signed the bill, but he wants to put a signature on. I hope it's I remember he had a signature on that birthday card in a very strategic place.
Speaker 2: Well, this is just a little bit vulgar. Yeah, it's indicative of a guy who's kind of low class, right, trans it's transgressed that now to the point of it's pathological. There's something out right with him in the mind, because you know, and it may have something to do to with him perhaps beginning to show stages of advanced or beginning senility, because any normal person would, if they even had that impulse, would restrain that impulse in their mind. They would realize, this is going to.
Speaker 3: Make me look like that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Aniac, I'm not going to do that. I want to, I'm not going to do it.
Speaker 1: I think when he puts his signature on the bill, I think you're going to have some people make up some stamps. You know, back in the day, the people I knew in the Libertarian Party had stamps that you could you could stamp the dollar bill and it was George Washington. What do we do is put out a little dialogue bubble there say I grew himp and it's I'm going to imagine people getting a stamp that matches up with Trump's signature and recreate that female hourglass shape that he used and stamp that over his signature.
Speaker 3: But then the currency that's there just remind people who.
Speaker 2: It's horrendous, you know, And as as much as we know bandied about and find some humor in it, it's really quite it's quite ominous. Things are now? What are we not even a day away from the next obliteration to follow the previous obliteration?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I know, yeah, And when you look at what happened over the holiday weekend, you know, he becomes this f bombing terrorist. The vulgarity as well as the stupidity of this stuff, and I hate we get to a situation where you got even people like Emmanuel Macron who sound rational compared to Trump. He says, maybe you don't talk every day because every day you say something and the next day you say something that's exactly the opposite. You need to get serious, is what he said.
Speaker 3: And I think he is serious or.
Speaker 2: He's being made to look like a loser and that tromp is absolutely tolerable. Yeah, and I think that he's not going to step step back and dial it down. I think he's going to increase it and right, Yeah, things up, that's right. And the thing is the rantings have shown they're fully capable of escalating in turn. So where does this lead us? Where do we go?
Speaker 3: That's right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's definitely to start lobbing nukes that are in and then it's you know, then it's probably all over for all of us.
Speaker 1: Well, he has guaranteed that they're going to have nuclear weapons, because he has shown that if you don't have nuclear weapons, you are vulnerable to attack for the United States for any reason whatsoever. Right, And that's the only way that you're going to be safe is if you've got nuclear weapons. So he's made it clear that they're going to get nuclear weapons now, regardless as you know, they we've been told by Net Yahoo they're always just two weeks away. Right, Well, they're going to get them now. And that's going to be on Trump and Net and Yahoo for doing that.
Speaker 2: Can you blame them? You know?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, if you see a guy or you know, a guy who's getting constantly beaten up by a bigger guy. Would you blame that guy for going to the gym and maybe learning some crad Magrath going back and kicking the bullies butt in return?
Speaker 1: I was playing that, or go back and get a pistol or something like that. That's really probably if we're going to talk about going to nuclear weapons.
Speaker 3: That would be the better analogy.
Speaker 1: That the guy comes up and starts to hit him and he blows him away. That's the shame. And as they're looking at the people that are there. Of course, if he wanted regime change, there's already a lot of descent there in Iran. He just shut all that down. Now, the great Satan is America, not the Ayatola, And he just underscored that with his message holiday weekend saying, you know, praise Allah. Well, if that didn't if they didn't get the message before, they certainly got it with that, didn't they. And one of the things that sets me off, Eric is I hate to see these people who talk about forty seven. I even saw this video that some guy put up on social media saying this is prophetic. You realize that Trump is forty seventh president, right, and they've been after us for forty seven years. It all fits, you know, It's like, idiot, you don't even know when all the US Iranian stuff began. It began seventy three years ago. It began a nineteen fifty three way over through their elected government, and we put in a despot king and trained a ruthless secret police force, the Savak. I knew about that before the Iranians took over the US embassy because we had a lot of Iranian students that were going to usfhar I was and taking engineering classes. And these guys were protesting the Sean. They were doing it with balaclavas over their faces. I said, what are you guys doing that for?
Speaker 2: Well, it is a tragedy that so many Americans know absolutely nothing about the outside world or the actions of the US government the rest of the world, and they have this cartoonish image of America as the great writer of wrongs against all these benighted third world people, and it were out, take away our freedoms. It's absurd.
Speaker 1: Where do they get that image they get that's crafted for them by the CIA, running through Fox News and the New York Post and mainstream media for the most part, So you end up with.
Speaker 2: This juvenile, solipsistic view of the world where you can't step out of your own shoes and look at it from somebody else's point of view. And you can't do that if you don't have the facts. As you say, you know, most Americans are unaware of the fact that the CIA deposed the legitimate leader of Iran and imposed upon the Iranian people this awful person, the Shah, who used the secret police to brutalize the people. In the backlash to that was the Islamic Revolution. That's why the Islamic Revolution, that's why we got the Ayatola Comanean, That's why they did all the things that they did. And they don't trust us, and they don't like us, or at least our government, and it's understandable why they don't.
Speaker 1: Well, it's amazing when you look at it. You know, our government basically created the Ayahtoah as a blowback from what they were doing. And then when you look at all the different terrist organizations, right they start out with the Mujahideen that they're going to use against Russia in Afghanistan and then that morphs into al Qaeda, that mors into ISIS and into al Nusra and so forth. The next thing, you know, at the tail end of it, we are supporting those guys in terms of overthrowing Asad in Syria, and so we put in one of the al Qaeda Isis al Nusra guys to run Syria and he goes on this killing campaign, to killing Christians and ala white minority and all.
Speaker 3: The rest of that stuff.
Speaker 1: And so that's that's what the policy of the US government has been, to foment war, chaos, and disorder, and that's what's happening right now in Iran. They wanted regime change, Well you got it. Mission accomplished, I guess, except you made the regime worse. And it always does that with civilian civilian bombing campaigns.
Speaker 2: I think there's a silver line to this otherwise very dark cloud though, and it is that the people see not all of them. You know, there's still a cohort of the red hat crowd that doesn't see it, but by and large, most Americans, regardless of their political affiliations, do see it. This war is extremely unpopular and you know Americans. I talked to a lot of people. I've got a lot of friends who've got draft age kids. They don't want their kids going over there to kill and be killed potentially. Yeah, the city. They want nothing to do with it. You know, the whole raw raw yay America stuff that we saw back during the you know, the War on Terror and George W. Bush and all of that, that's not here now, at least not according to what I can tell.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's good.
Speaker 1: I tell you, it's like deja vu all over again, you know, like Vietnam and the unpopularity of Lyndon Johnson and anything. They convention that is coming up, and they oil embargo is, like I said, the only thing worse is if they bring back disco music.
Speaker 2: Did you catch Karen Katowski's piece on lou Rock Wild today?
Speaker 3: No? I didn't say what was it?
Speaker 2: Well, she made the point, and I thought this was very observant that the other evaluatory thing that's happened already is that we've seen that this colossus, this defense industry, and all of our fancy toys are essentially useless wastes of money. Yeah, you know, all of these advanced weapons systems that were forced to pay for through, our taxes are obsolete, their garbage, they're junk. So why are we spending money in all this stunk stuff when it obviously doesn't work. That's right, and you know, maybe it will be able to somehow dial back the so called Defense Department as a result of.
Speaker 1: This, well, I don't know, they'll just have a new round of killing machines or whatever. But I've talked about it many times. It was something that actually Lance showed me the book. It was called Kill Decision, and it was by what's the name of that guy in at Lance, Daniel Suarez, And that was about a decade or so ago, was it maybe longer? And he kind of war gained this whole thing out in terms of swarms of drones being the thing that equalizes and takes out even like aircraft carrier groups and stuff. So that's kind of where we are right now. And you know, spoiler alert if you don't want to hear the ending of the book. But the bottom line it was a threat that was created by the military industrialized complex so they could obsolete all these expensive weapons systems and saw a complete new line, you know, a version two point zero. But that's what we're seeing right now when you look at the way this war is being conducted, only of people who are doing it right are the Iranians. There was a guy, if I remember his name correctly, is Robert Pape, I think, and he wrote he did a study after Vietnam War saying, you know, why is it that we lost? You know, we look at how many bombs were dropped in Vietnam. We still wound up losing that. You know, that is the metric that we keep hearing from Warpeats Pentagon all the time. Well, look at how many bombs we dropped. We got to be winning, you know, all this kind of stuff. And I think it was General McGregor who or Colonel McGregor who said, yeah, that's the same kind of nonsense we heard in Vietnam and it didn't work then it's not working now. So this guy looked at it and he said, when I went back and I looked at the Korean War, it was even worse, and he said, and yeah, we lost that one as well. So I thought, you know, what isn't about these air campaigns that are not working. He wound up writing a book called Bombing to Win, and his point wise if you go in with these massive bomb strategies to just turn everything to dust. He said, that doesn't work. He said, what does work is to go tactically after the enemy's warfighting equipment, right, which is what we see Iran doing. You know, they're strategically going in attacking and attacking central radar points and so forth like that to take away the enemy's ability to conduct the war. And that demoralizes people. It doesn't demoralize them to bomb the civilian population. As a matter of fact, it strengthens morale to push back against that injustice. And the Pentagon just hasn't gotten that message.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these are not nighted bedouins. You know, i ran as a huge country and it's a very mountainous country, and very clearly they have been preparing for this eventuality for quite some time. Apparently they have got these underground cities where they've got all these drones and missiles and stuff that are essentially immune to any attack from the air.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: So what do we do?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: Now, Trump apparently is going to send in thousands of marines to capture carg Island, which will probably result in thousands of American casualties. And then, you know, after another embarrassing humiliation, not to mention the body count, what's he going to do. He's going to escalate, you know, and in his fury and demented rage, maybe he's going to launch a nuke or maybe he'll allow or egg on the Israelis to do it. And then what.
Speaker 1: Well, that is the plan though, you know, I mean, the Israelis want to do to Iran what they did to Gaza. Their strategy to get what they call Greater Israel, which is everything from the Nile to the Euphrates. Their strategy is to completely annihilate everybody else and then move in and you know, take over the corpse, the land that's left behind. That's what they're doing in God, That's what they want to do to Iran. And that's what they want to do to all the Golf states. And they know that if they continue egging on the US, and if Trump's ego lands and does that, then the Iranians are going to respond by attacking other Golf states. And so they will decimate the other Golf states as well and do the work for them. I think that is the long plan. I think is a big real estate deal for Krishna.
Speaker 2: They perhaps not pall it through is that they are bankrupting the sympathy account. You know, by large, people are turning against the State of Israel, and they're no longer equating criticism of what the State of Israel does with anti Jewish hostility. You know, people are making that distinction, and thank God for that. Yeah, you know it's not you know, you're not They can throw out the whole anti Semite thing. Well, I don't hate people who happen to be Jewish. I do hate Zionism. I do hate eb Nets and Yahoo. He's an easy man. I think that he should be arrested and put in prison for the rest of his life, if not something else.
Speaker 1: And there's a lot of Jews that'd agree with you as well. Yeah, and there's a lot of people in Israel that say the same thing, you know. I mean, we go back and we look at what Netanyahu did during COVID. He offered his people up as a sacrifice to Pfizer so they could get the front of the list. If they get the front of the list and they get people not only vaccinated, now they can travel and so forth and so on. And he offered them he said, you don't have any data use my people for that, right. I mean, he's absolutely no concern for his own people, just like Trump doesn't.
Speaker 2: Yep, and people see it. Now you've had enough of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, you know you're talking about the war tax. You're talking about not only what it cost you to fill up the tank, but of course how this is going to percolate out into all these other different aspects from food to you name it, you know, even plastic containers. Right, we can't get the patrolling products. But you also talked about how the rising costs of everything have basically shut out the upcoming generation for me able to get cars and homes and that type of thing.
Speaker 3: Right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: There was a very depressing and infuriating commercial I saw the other day that was put forth by Uber that was romanticizing what I consider to be a dependency in perpetual childhood. It showed a young couple, you know, and instead of the guy going to pick up his date in a car, he gets out of the backseat of the uber, you know, and the two of them getting driven somewhere just like you know, when you were in eighth grade, you know, your dad drove to the junior prom and they're presenting this as somehow you know, this is this is cool, this is what you should do, and you know it's just it's it is nothing less than a tragedy that rising generation of kids finds that even something that we took for granted, you and I when we were that age, you know, having your first car might have been something of a jaloppee, but you could afford it. It was yours, you know, and you were able to go out and pick your friends up or your girlfriend up and go and have some fun. And you were, even at sixteen, a proto adult, you know, in a very real, real and meaningful way. Now you know, these eighteen and nineteen and twenty year olds might as well be twelve year olds, you know, because they're just stuck. They're dependent on their parents to take them places or a bus or train, and you know, they stay at home until they're thirty because they can't afford to move out of the house. Some of them are still there at forty.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: It's awful, no wonder, They're angry and no wonder, and this is what I'd read that you know, we're going to end up with some sort of leftist backlash, out of resentment and rage and fury at a system, and they're going to blame ironically, they're going to blame capitalism for it, as if I created this situation, which of course you didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it all gets back to the liberty and mobility stuff as well, you know, because you know, used to be able to that was the big thing that I'd look forward to. I mean, when I was a kid, I was looking forward first to getting a bike. That's going to give me some extended range here. And then as you start to get older, it's like, well, let's see I get a motorcycle, said, my mom's not going to let me do that. That would give me a lot of independence that I had to wait till I got a car. But you know, by time I'm sixteen, you know, you're out there and you're able to do things like that. Now they're looking and of course this latest the Trump oil embargo, which is what I like to call it, instead of the opek. We got Trump, and so now the Trump oil embargo is going to be locking everybody down to work from home. You got five countries now that have mandated that for their government employees and some of them have gone a little bit further than that, as well as doing rationing, of filling up of gas and all the things that we lived through in the nineteen seventies. All these evil things are coming back. But this work from home and don't travel, you know, stay locked at home. This is a going back to the same mcguffin that we've had. They've tried this now. This is the third way that they've done this. They've done it by telling everybody you can't have any energy because we're going to burn the planet down with CO two. Right then they that was the climate mcguffin, and then they did the COVID mcguffin, say you got to stay at home because we're all going to die, you know, put on your mask and so forth. Now we've got another McGuff in, which is although a real problem this time it is something that Trump created.
Speaker 2: And the thing is this time they may not even have to do it overtly because it'll have been done economically. That's right right now, at current prices, if you've got a full sized truck or suv, it's going to cost you about one hundred and ten dollars. I used to fill the tank up. Who can afford that?
Speaker 3: I know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, even if you're driving a smaller vehicle, it's still sixty bucks, yeah, you know, to fill up the tank. And that's just not sustainable. It's not supportable. And by the way, you know an aspect of that that hasn't been talked about much that I think is important. GM and Ford particularly, their profits depend almost entirely on the sale of big SUVs and trucks. What do you suppose is going to happen to the sale the market when it costs one hundred and fifty dollars to fill up the tank of a pickup truck. They're going to be unselable. They're just going to sit there and it's going to cause General Motors and for to go bankrupt again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's crazy, you know. I'm just telling you. We're celebrating our fifty fourth anniversary of our first state and we're talking about how much it costs to fill up a tank of gas. I said, yeah, you know, back in the day, we would you know, for twenty dollars, I could fill up the gas. I think I could take care into the movies as well as dinner for two and still had some change left over. It's crazy what's happened to our money. It's crazy the inflation that's there. And of course these are real increases in terms of it's what you talk about in your article, in terms of you know, the price going up. The car is about six times more expensive than it was when you first got your car. Homes are about four plus times more expensive than when you got your first home. So this is the kind of degradation of our lifestyle that these people are is the way they get us to the point where we own nothing, and they tell us that we're going to be happy with that. But I don't think people are going to be you.
Speaker 2: Know, I don't like the term inflation because I think it's dishonest. It's deeper than that. And I've got an example that I think makes the point very well. As you know. I've got my seventy six Transam and I've had that car for more than thirty years. I was able to buy that car when I was a young guy, still in my twenties, and I was able to drive it regularly because it only costs twenty dollars to fill that thing up now. And I bought the car at a time when I also had a mortgage, I was able to buy my first house around the same time. I can barely afford to drive that same car today, you know, and I'm almost I'm twice as old. And it's the point is my ability to buy things has been diminished to that extent. And the only reason I'm still able to indulge the trans am is because I bought it thirty years ago. There's no way I could afford to buy a car like that today, and you know, again, I can barely afford to drive it. Notwithstanding that at this point in my life, I should be more able to afford a car like that and more able to feed it. And I don't have a mortgage right now. I mean, that's how that's got well.
Speaker 1: I think Trump is going to accelerate this and send us down the hill really fast, because when you look at what he's doing, and also Biden kicked this off in terms of destroying the petro dollar, you know, they're really pouring gasoline on that fire. And once they do that, and once we are exposed to the full liability of this forty trillion dollar deficit, you know, Trump complains all the time about the trade deficit. But the one that really is an emergency is the budget deficit. He never talks about that, neither it is the Republican Party. Only Thomas Massey talks about that. And so that's going to be the thing that's really going to affect all of our lives, because that credit card bill is going to come due on mister and missus America real soon, I think absolutely.
Speaker 2: And you know, I'm glad you brought up the point about the petro dollar, because that is the thing that really counts as far as what's going on over in the Middle East. The Iranians and all these other countries are beginning to transact in other than dollars, that's right, the exporting more oil and getting more money for it, and they're going to get paid in other than dollars. And you know, when that, when that that whole thing comes to complete fruition, it will totally destroy the dollar and its power. And almost immediately overnight, we're going to find ourselves think inflation is bad now, it's devaluation. Whatever money we still have will be able to buy even less, right, And you know, I guess at that point, you know, desperate people once they have completely inserved. They've already inserved the working income people. Now they're going to inserf middle income people, and then they're going to have achieved what they want, which is this, this society in which you know, two or three percent at the very top pretty much have everything and everybody else has nothing. That's what they're that's what they're.
Speaker 1: After all that's right, and that is the Trump classes. I we should call about the Trump society, because that's it. You know, they live in their high rise gilted skyscrapers and the rest of us just scrape by, you know, as.
Speaker 2: We do it, not even putting like a slight facade on it. Remember back during the Carter ero when Jimmy Carter at least had the decency to put a sweater on.
Speaker 3: Remember that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm to turn down a thermostat because I know it costs a lot to keep the heat on. Trump overtly says I don't care. He literally says, I don't care what people are paying for gas or anything else. And of course he doesn't care. Why should he know? It doesn't affect him.
Speaker 1: And part of the lie is that everything is going to somehow snap back to normal as soon as he's decided he's won the war. Well, it's not going to snap back to normal. We are still suffering from the insanity that he inflicted on us six years ago with the COVID mcguffin. Things aren't going to come back right away. I mean, even if he had just messed up the supply lines like he did six years ago, but they are destroying production capacity. You can get your shipping stuff going, but they're not going to have anything to ship once they blow up all the oil refineries and these things. It's like a tinder box over there. He's gonna not He's not going to be happy until he set the entire mid Easter on fire, because that's what the Israelis want.
Speaker 2: It seems that way, yeah, And I think that is because that realization is beginning to percolate, and you know, Americans are asking the question, what's in it for me? Like what is the benefit to me of all of this? And they're realizing and there isn't and there are a lot of liabilities, and people are tired of it. The question is, you know, what next? What do we do? Do we have any recourse? And I guess my biggest worry at this moment is that Trump actually has gained this all out because you think that purely from a cynical point of view. You know, he understands there's a midterm election not that far away now, and then not only would that mean potentially he's politically neutered, but you know, if there's a big backlash and the House and the Senate end up in the hands of the Democrats, that he might face more than just an impeachment this time. Maybe he doesn't care because he knows they aren't going to be midterms. Maybe he's going to declare an emergency like he did back in twenty twenty, and you know he'll become oursilenzki El Presidente for life or at least as long as his diabetes or whatever else is wrong with him does catch up to him.
Speaker 1: Well, that would definitely kick off the revolution that I think they both sides want if he cancels the elections. But of course he saw the clip of CPAC, didn't you with a guy who's running the thing gets up there? Yeah, how many of you want to see a patriot? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And patriot no wrong answer for a moment.
Speaker 2: That one of the most striking things about current events right now. Is that you've got this strange juxtaposition. You know, during the COVID years, people were pointing out how the people on the left were in a cult. They were wearing their masks and they were performing rituals just like people in a cult. Now you've got people who are on the right who are criticizing those people, and they're in a cult. That's right, you know their cult leaders Trump and whatever. Trump says, yeah, it's it's received truth from Mount Sinai.
Speaker 1: It must be so, yeah, that's right. It's either Trump derangement or Trump delusion. There's two different sides of this. But I think it's kind of interesting when you look at I've seen some people getting back to cars. I've seen some people say well, now electric vehicles are going to have their day, and it's like, well, how are you going to be able to afford that?
Speaker 3: Number one? Number two?
Speaker 1: Are you going to be able to afford the electricity? We're going to see electricity skyrocket and price, not just a fuel that's coming down the pike. And you know it's when you look at their what Trump's focused on, and this really ought to scare people. This number one priority is artificial intelligence. And that's why I think, you know the the argument. I think you know when you look is Trump evil or just stupid? I want to flip over to the evil side. I think he really is doctor evil because that is the plan to dominate all of us, and that has been his focus from the very beginning of this administration, even more so than the crypto stuff. And of course a crypto comes with controls as well. If he switches us over to a stable coin environment, that's basically a privatized CBDC, so these people can make their cut on it. But when you look at the AI stuff, his very first day, he is out there talking about how they're going to use AI to make the custom make genetic code injections for us with MR and A. And now there's talk about how well the AI data centers are going to have to have some anti drone guns that are going to be driven by artificial intelligence. They're going to be able to find the targets and take them out. That was the same kind of defense system, by the way, that Israel had on their wall on October seventh, and either it didn't work too well or somebody shut it down. But they're saying we've got to protect the AI data centers. They're not going to protect our They're not going to protect our infrastructure. They're not going to protect our electricity. They're going to protect the electricity of the brain that is going to be used to spy on us and to control us. That's what they're focused on. From the very beginning, when Trump had that stargate thing, he said, well, you know, you guys are going to want to build your own data centers because you know, our infrastructure is getting pretty and it's unreliable and everything. And I said, on that day, I said, you hear that. He says the infrastructure is awful and he's not going to do anything to fix it. They're just gonna let it crumple. And and that's what he's now saying, Hey, we can't do anything with the welfare state or help people of Medicare or anything. We've got to We got wars to fight. That's what we want to do.
Speaker 2: And I had a bad feeling, and I should have paid more attention to my bad feeling. When was it. Within the first week after his inauguration he had that press conference with Altman and Ellison and that other guy. I can't remember.
Speaker 3: Yeah, star Stargate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that was a guy from the Japanese guy from soft Bank in Japan.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And they do tell us, you know, they do telegraph what their intentions are, and sometimes we just, I guess, don't want to see it. And that was a case of I didn't want to see it. Okay, maybe you know whatever, it's not a big deal. It was a big deal.
Speaker 3: It's a Bundy moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was his priorities. And another thing about these data centers, it's really aggravating to me. They they're probably they're they're they're they're popping up in small town rural areas and the local people are getting to pay higher property taxes and everything else as a result of this. You know, they're coming in eminent domaining people's farms land to put up these things because oh they're going to get more tax revenue from the data center.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's right. And then it's this twenty four to seven noise and light show, you know that's going on. But the whole thing is being used. That is the They've been saving data for decades, right. I remember when the NSA opened up that big data center out in Bluffdale, Utah. And it's like, what, you know, why are they First of all, why are they putting it out in the desert where they need to have so much water as well as electricity, But you know, building these big centers to save everything. And I was talking to William Binnie, who is the global technical head for the NSA for quite a while and became a whistleblower. But you know, he said, they're saving everything on everybody. They don't have the technology yet to go through all of it. Well they do now, right, They're going to start using AI to audit every body, you know, just like they used it to audit for the Doge system, right, and just as we've seen Trump use it to audit the real estate transactions of his enemies, they're going to use it for everything, barrowing.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Vashinsky, who was the Soviet judge of Nurrenberg and also the guy who presided over the show trials earlier in the Soviet Union, is reported to have said, you know, show me the man and I'll show you the crime. Right Yeah, And essentially what this is, they'll dig through your records, they'll find something, you know, maybe you you posted a mean tweet ten years ago, and now let's run a foul of the speech code and they can dredge that up and go after you for its rights. It's truly a horrible thing if you can imagine living in a world where literally everything that you do is known to these malevolent authorities that are just looking for a pretext, some reason, something that they can nail you for. We're not talking about moral crimes. We're talking about these technical crimes, which are lesion.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like you get pulled over for a seat belt violation or some other nonsense that has nothing to do with any harm you've caused to anybody, but it's against the law. It's a violation. Well, they're erecting the scores of violations, and we all commit violations all the time.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: The thing is we've been able to get away with it because there hasn't been up till now, this panopticon where they know everything you do the moment that you do it. Well, soon that's going to be the scenario. And it makes me want to run in the woods. That's right, and just living there.
Speaker 1: That's what Harvey Silverglate said a while ago. Three phlonies A day. He said, all of us are committing three phonies a day. We just don't know it, right, because the law has become so complex and so pervasive on every particular topic, and so now they'll be able to go back in onto us. It's the same kind of thing they did with Martha Stewart, Right, she didn't get convicted for insider trading. She got convicted because she said something that was, let's say, marginally untrue to the FBI, and they caught her in a contradiction. And that's the hallmark of what these lawfair cases are about. They want to get people into a situation, put them under oath so they can find some discrepancy and come after them for that, you know, for committing perjury, which is the bigger crime. We see that happening over and over again. And of course that's the key part about the income tax sign this under threat of perjury, and so then they go back and find anything on your income tax that isn't quite right, they can come after you for that type of thing. It's a perfect process crime to be able to go back and audit people with artificial intelligence for their tax reports and tax returns.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're also going to be able to leverage economics. You know, during COVID, I of course ignored the lockdown orders and I go out, and I specifically went downtown to go to the regional hospital to have a look for myself, using my own eyes to see whether there were lines forming out in front, and whether there were corpses stacking up outside. In other words, to prove to myself that it was just not happening. And you know this was all hyped and exaggerated. Well, fast forward to now. You know, you're driving your connected car that emits telemetry about your movements and where you are, so they know that you violated a lockdown, and maybe they don't shut you down necessarily as far as your ability to drive, though they could do that, but they will shut down your ability to buy. That's right, because everything will be digitized. So then you go to the store after you you know, you commit your heretical act by driving somewhere where you're supposedly not allowed to go, and you find that your digitized dollars don't work. You know, you've been precluded from buying anything as punishment for having transgress the other rule. That's where we're headed.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's absolutely right. They started doing that with the climate mcguffin, you know, saying, well, you know, you're going to destroy the planet if you have if you travel too much, you have too much meat to eat, and that type thing. So we've got to track all that stuff and keep an inventory of that. It is a total pan optagon of surveillance, and that's really what these data centers are about. That's one of the reasons why Trump is making sure that there's not going to be any state legislation to stop them. You know, they are adamant that they're going to control it solely from Washington, and to say that that is to say there's not going to be any control, just like it is the pharmaceutical companies. I played the clip of of Woody Harrelson three years ago when he went on Saturday Night Live and he said, they gave me this movie script. I went out into the Central Park, sit down and start reading it. And he goes so that you won't believe this movie script. He says, you get all the biggest drug cartels get together and form one group, and they buy up all the media companies and everything. They force everybody to take their drug and keep forcing him to take it over and over again. He said, I set it down. I said, that's too unbelievable. Nobody would believe that. Well, he had to do that on Saturday Night Live because if he did it on a recorded program, the network would shut him down because the network has been bought by the big pharmaceutical companies. That's why he did it on live TV. So, you know, that's really where we are right now, and these people are going to be watching everything that we do and shutting us down in real time. And Trump is fully on board with that. He's clearing the decks to make sure that the digital surveillance police state is right there. And I think that's a big part of what's going on with ICE. It's not so much about the immigration thing, is it is about creating a federalized police force that's going to be characterized by excessive force.
Speaker 2: And normalizing the site.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know, Americas are getting used to, just like you know people are now used to when they fly, having to deal with these government goons rifling through their possessions and touching them. Yeah, you know, which is something that never would have been conceivable to Americas to have the memory to recall what this country was like before there was such a thing as the TSA. Nobody touched you, nobody, you know, to be a criminal, before an authority figure would lay hands on you. Now it's been routinized. Well now now it's being routinized to see these body armored uh you know, automatic weapon toating people. And not only that that they can just grab people and rom under the back of a van and take them somewhere. That's being normalized.
Speaker 1: Well, they wear the mask. There's your diaper report right exactly, the massed ice agents that are out there, and and the other thing too. Talk about delusion all the people when you know ts HE wasn't getting paid because the government is so dysfunctional they can't even pay their own goons. And then everybody saying we got to get them paid somehow because we've got to be able to travel. Instead of saying, yeah, let's get rid of the TSA, we don't need it. Instead of saying that, they say, how are we going to get these guys paid? This is horrible. I need my security police back, you know, it's like give me back my security blanket.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's absolutely terrible and I think Americans still are beginning to be aware of what's going on. So the question then becomes, what do we do.
Speaker 3: How to fight this? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think you know, facing it is the first step. Being aware, being realistic with yourself about what we're up against is important. And maybe the next thing to do is just to withdraw your consent. As a lot of classical libertarians, I would say, just don't go along with it, at least in your head, rejected, and if everything you can to not be involved with it.
Speaker 1: I've never been more sure of anything in my life than the nonsense of that. And we look at the reactions of people very much like your story there, your diaper report about the woman who's riding in the car by herself, the windows rolled up and she's got a mask on, right, But that's the way that people are at the airport. I need my tsa security mask back on me, you know, because I'm not safe from terrorists otherwise. And you know, there was you remember, right after they rolled out the naked body scanners and started doing pat downs and everything. There was an organized boycott for the following Thanksgiving and on the busiest travel day of the year, the TSA just shut it down everything and said gone through because everybody was going to opt out and force them to pat everybody down and was going to make a point about showing resistance. So rather than letting people show their resistance to it, they just shut the whole system down. And subsequent to that, we found a we found a lawsuit that was filed and they, by mistake, put up the full lawsuit and without reactions. Then realized the mistake and later took that down and put up in the one with redactions. But we got both of them. We compared them, and you could see that they were saying in twenty eleven, ten years after nine to eleven, that there was no threat to airports aeroplanes, And of course we know that because they failed ninety five percent of the time. So if there was a threat, there would have been some more incidents, but it's just not happening. And so that's where we are right now. But let's talk a little bit about EV's because you got an interesting story. Fifty one new cases is the title of your article at ep Audo's and you're talking about the Nissan leaf and tell us a little bit about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, there's another incident, a series of cases of spontaneous combustion, this time involving new or nearly new Nissan leafs, supposedly because of a manufacturing defect, so there's been a recall because fifty one of them have caught fire. The thing is, though, it's much more than merely the manufacturing defect, because evs are inherently fire prone by the nature of high voltage lithium ion batteries. As we all know, EV fire is involving i think, pretty much every make and model of EV that's currently available, because that's what you get with lithium ion batteries, and that's what you get with you know, involving yourself with extremely high voltage four hundred eight hundred volt architecture and the charging process. And one of the things about this that I think is very interesting and just hasn't been discussed often enough is the fact that you know, over time, even if everything's ideal and you've got this very well constructed electric vehicle battery case, over time in a motor vehicle, you know it's going to get jostled, it's going to get vibrated, You're going to hit potholes, you're going to have extremes of heat in the summertime, You're going to have extremes of cold in the winter time. And that degrades materials over time. Any engineer will tell you that, you know, and it overtime results in that system becoming less stable and more prone to developing a problem. And if you've ever looked inside an electric vehicle battery pack, it's a lattice. It's this gigantic lattice, very complex structure of all these little DIDs and pieces, and when they begin to deteriorate and frey, then you get a short circuit out of one of the individual cells or thousands of cells, and that that EV battery pack, all it takes is one of those things to develop a little hairline crack or fissure and it boom. You know, you get this this cascading thermal runaway event and a horrendous fire that happens almost immediately, not just a little pizzle fire, extremely high high burning, high high temperature fire. And this is this is something that is inherently dangerous. You know. You look back at the Pinto you and I can remember the Pinto UH and there was a big hullabaloo about the pinto, but sometimes catching fire if it got rear ended. You had to hit the thing from behind really hard to sever the fuel filler neck, which not only caused the gas to spill, but it created a spark because the metal went like that, you know, and there was a spark in Boom. Evis just catch fire just sitting there. There wasn't a single case of a single pinto just catching fire just sitting there. YEA even is inherently more safe than any EV because you know, you need you need the gas in the first place to spill, to leak, to have the vapors, and then you have to have the second compounding factor, the spark that will ignite, whereas with evs they just spontaneously combust and there's nothing that you can do to prevent that from happening.
Speaker 1: And you pointed out in your article that there were only thirty eight cases of the pento, yet there's fifty one cases of this one particular model that they got as part of the recall, And so you start with that, and then you point out the fact that, well, you know, why is it being recalled. Well, they think that they're in the manufacturing process. Some of these batteries got bumped slightly and that is caused something that could short circuit and cause it to spontaneous combust like that. But I remember first time ever heard of an electric vehicle burning down a house. That's when I was living in North Carolina and it was a home in Charlotte and the people just charging it at their house. They had it in the garage and it spontaneously combusted and burnt the entire house down. But since then, you know, we've seen pictures. I remember seeing pictures of Navy and a parking garage just explode, you know, because they had the monitoring cameras there. We've seen it happened with buses on the street, and you've had situations where after it happened. The one video that I played it was in France, it spontaneously combusted, the bus did burned very very rapidly. And subsequent to that, you had a couple of situations like that with at bus stations in Germany, two different locations. One was in Stuttgart, the other was in Munich, I think, and one of them caught fire and it was so intense that it burned all of them down. And so after that, some you know, city some municipalities in Canada said, well, we're going to switch out are electric buses and go back to diesel. But it is inherent in the technology, and if you think about it, it's a lot more fragile than a pinto. And that's the other issue. You know, if there's just a during the manufact acturing or the shipping of the component part, if a bump can cause a defect in the battery, what does a car accident cause And we've heard cases after cases of a car accident and if you're unfortunately in a tesla, those things are under software control in terms of opening the doors, so you get locked into the thing as it's spontaneously combusting.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And how about the two container ships that went down. They were transporting evs. They were just transporting them. These were not plugged into anything, they were just sitting and they caught fire and took the whole ship out. Well, this is a disaster, and you know it's a disaster that has a ripple effect on people who have nothing to do and want nothing to do with evs. You and I and everybody else are getting to pay more for car insurance and for home insurance. Because of the actual and potential costs incurred by these evs and the fires. One of the cases that this particularly glaring was the case of this couple that lived in Maryland, I believe it was, and they took their vehicle into the Mercedes Benz dealership for service their vehicle, which was not an EV I think anyway. The dealer gave them a Mercedes ev loanar car and they drove the thing home and they parked it in their driveway outside of their garage, wasn't plugged in, and they just left it sitting there. Well, the thing caught fire. Not only did it burn to the ground, it burned their house to the ground. And these were affluent people. They had a home that was worth about a million dollars. Do you think paid for that?
Speaker 1: We do, that's right? Yeah, yeah. Does that come under the car insurance to the homeowners insurance? I wonder which one of that is. But yeah, it is crazy, but you know it is. It's something that people are still fanatical about. You point out a Gelopnik article where they were talking about bemoaning the fact that Rolls Royce is going to still sell their V twelve engine. They couldn't believe that they weren't going to go completely ev talk a little bit about that and got.
Speaker 2: Under my skin because, after all, I am a car journalist, which means excused to me that you're somebody who not only likes cars, but understands them. And my professional is suffused with people who have no understanding, no comprehension whatsoever of cars.
Speaker 3: And a lot of them work and they work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not just that. Unfortunately, road track and car and driver too. They don't like they're so blinkered. They don't see that a person who's in a position to buy something like a Rolls or a Bentley, you know, they want something that isn't just another device. You're spending a quarter million dollars on a vehicle. You want something that's exclusive. Well, I hate to break it to you, but a battery pack isn't exclusive. You know, a Hyundai has a battery pack. Not that there's anything wrong with a Hyundai. I'm just pointing out that it's a battery pack. There's nothing special about it. You know, nobody oohs an oz oh, my battery pack has has eighty kill a lot hours, you know, versus that one over there that one only has sixty three kill a lot hours. It's ridiculous. Whereas V twelve, Now that's got some gravitas. That's got some happy you know. I mean, if you're you know, in traffic and you glance over at the car next to you and it has the chrome letters and it says V twelve. People, Wow, that's impressive. And even more impressive when you look at it and you hear it. What do you hear with with with the battery pack? You hear nothing. You know, you push the start button. It's like putting a turning on the light switch in your room. Okay, whatever, I mean, it turns on. There's no passion, there's no feeling, there's nothing there.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: It's it's a it's a it's a toaster. Nobody's going to pay a quarter million dollars for a toaster.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like rolls or a Swiss watch versus a digital watch, right, that's I mean, for example, not just switch over to cheap digital watches.
Speaker 3: You know they can still downe that hide build.
Speaker 2: The ten dollars watch that you buy at the Dollar store is more accurate than the role X because you know, the Rolex has mechanical movement in it rather than just a purely digital time piece. But my god, you look at that magnificent jeweled time piece, and that's what you're paying for, you know, you know, the intricacy, the ornateness of it, the craftsmanship of it. So you know, these people don't get that. They don't understand and why are they're working in cars? Urtalism is absolutely beyond me. When I was coming up, there was still the old guard present when I first started working in this business. And the old guard they were car guys. Yeah, you know, and you could not get your foot in the door unless you were simpatico. You were like them. You were interested in cars, you knew something about them, you know, you worked on them, maybe you raced them in the weekend stuff like that.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: They didn't want people who didn't like cars being in their business. Now it's the opposite.
Speaker 1: That was it David Davis or something. The guy at is like Cogito Ergo Zoom, But he was one who organized Cannonball Run kind of in a protest to the fifty five minter hour speed limit.
Speaker 2: Right yeah, yeah, I mean you can imagine. Brocky Eates was another one of the instigators behind that great guy. But today, you know, somebody like that would be viewed as some sort of horrible, patriarchal, heterosexual, rolling coal maniac who can't be discussed in play society.
Speaker 1: That's absolutely true. Well, you know, when we look at where this is all headed, it really is going down the drain, and everything seems to be circling the drain. Talk about the difference between us and them. That's the headline of one of your Yeah No.
Speaker 2: I was inspired to write that the other day because I got to thinking about COVID again and times in which we're living. And one of the things that has always kind of angered and frustrated me about COVID is that all the people who are the most hysterical enforcers of things like mass guidelines and who believe everybody should be forced to get the vaccine, generally speaking, they don't apologize, They don't conceivee they were wrong about that, And I think that's appalling. I think that as a human being, when you make a mistake, the only way you can recover your self respect and your humanity is to admit, especially to those that you hurt. I made a mistake. I shouldn't have done.
Speaker 1: That unless you're like Donald Trump, and then you don't make mistakes.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Well, so I'm admitting that I made a mistake in letting my hope cloud my judgment and having voted for Trump. I'm sorry for I shouldn't have done it, not saying that I would have voted for Kamala Harris. I'm not voting anymore for any of them. Yeah, But the thing is, you know, I made a mistake. I thought maybe he's not the same guy that he was last time, but he was worse than I even imagined. And I'm sorry for it, you know, And I think that again, it's not about it transcends politics, ideology, religion. If you make a mistake, if you do something wrong, you got fooled. You know, that's not a moral feeling if you got fooled. We all make mistakes, you know, we sometimes you know, just get rolled. Admit it, though, particularly when harmless caused as a result of it, and you were involved in it, even if not overtly, because you just thought you were doing the right thing. And I wish the people on our side, particularly people on our side, would not be like the Covidians and you know, would just say, you know, yeah, this is bad news. We have to stop this somehow. I'm not going to be part of this business any longer.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, Well, you know, it's always been with Trump. The debate's always been whether he's a fool or a tool of somebody or something else. And as we were talking before the interview, we're talking off air before the interview started, I said, yeah, question is is the psychopath or is the dementia? You know, we're talking about what he did over the weekend, And and you came up with a third possibility, Telly, it's.
Speaker 2: A tertiary syphilis, which is quite possible.
Speaker 1: That's right. Absolutely. That would be an interesting revenge, wasn't it from the victim.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't be the least surprised, you know, And again this is a general thing too. Another ironical juxtaposition is that the people who support Trump now were very critical of Joe Biden a few years ago because he was obviously an elderly man who was at the point where his faculties were obviously deteriorating physically as well as mentally. And they made a big brewja about a guy that old shouldn't be in that position. Well, here we are with a guy who's older. That's right, and he's going to be you know, it's going to get progressively worse. You know, we still got almost three years ago. He'll be pushing eighty three years old by the end of this. And I'm not I'm not, you know, like trying to make a big deal about people's age. I'm pointing out that there are jobs where, you know, maybe age is a factor. I think commercial airline pilots have to retire at sixty, I think, and there's a good reason for that. Even if you're in excellent shape today, as a sixty year old, it's statistically not improbable that you might have a stroke or a heart attack tomorrow. And you don't want that guy in the left seat of your plane, you know, if you can avoid it, want a younger person in that role. And I think that, you know, one of the lessons that we're all going to learn from this is that maybe there should be an upper age limit on people who are permitted to run for president.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's even more individualized than that. You know, when you look at the situation of this demonstrated condition that he showed everybody Frankly, I don't care. You know, it's like having somebody who is a mass murderer. Maybe he says that the dogs were telling him to kill all these people like Summa Sam or maybe he's just been a lifelong psychopath, or maybe something else happened to him. I don't really care about his motivations as much as we would need to do something about it. Right, you've got to get this guy off the street one way or the other. Life's in prison or the electric chair, whichever he thought it. Well, that's the case with Who's Yeah, that's the case with Trump. I mean, you know, the issue is we talked about is it just because he's a vicious mad dog or is it because he's becoming senile? I don't really care. The bottom line is we've seen what he's doing, and we know what he's doing to the entire world, and so the question is how do we get this guy out of there. It's not what's wrong with him. We know what's wrong with him. What caused what's wrong with him is the only thing to be talked about. And I don't really care what the what the motivating factors were underneath that made him into what he is what everybody can see he actually is right now.
Speaker 2: So we'll see whether there's self interest on the part of people within the Republican Party is operative? You know, I was. I was heartened by what Joe Kent did because, you know, he was a guy that's pretty unimpeachable in terms of his background, particularly on the topic at hand, right, and very very difficult for Trump Captain bone Spurs to criticize this guy, you know, with multiple combat tours, how many Bronze stars does he has all that, and who was immediately under Tulsea Gabbert and so was in a position to know where the Iranians were a threat to the United States, and clearly they weren't according to him. So who are you going to believe? I hope that his example has followed and emulated. Yeah, and more people of good conscience come forward and say I just can't be party to this any longer, and perhaps a crescendo will build, and perhaps a point will come, kind of like it did with Nixon in seventy four, where he's got to go yeah, you know, and he'll take that, He'll take that walk of shame to the helicopter and go back to mar.
Speaker 1: A Lago, I just, you know, there's something about Trump and the leverage that he's got over everybody, which is really crazy. And I got to say, you know, if the Republican Party needs to be taught a lesson, and unfortunately there's not any good way to do that. You know, if you vote against them, you're voting for a Democrat for the most part, and they've got their own issues that are different. But the you know, if I was still voting, I've given up on that. If I was still voting, i'd be hard pressed and know what to do. I look at it and I think, you know, if I was still going to vote, I would probably vote for a Democrat this time, because just to teach the Republicans a lesson. But I know what I'd get on the back end of that, And I just, you know, for the longest time running as a third party candidate, would tell people, you know that the lesser two evils is still evil. I just don't want to vote for an evil. You know, they're evil in different ways. But somehow Trump has got to get taken out and the Republican Party needs to be have a spine crafted into it. For some reason, They need to see that there's a price to be paid for this, and I think that the Republican Party is going to pay a price for this. I think Trump is worse for the Republican Party than Jimmy Carter was for the Democrat Party. That's my take on it. What do you think?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'll second an amen, and third that you know, Jimmy Carter, for all of his flaws, I don't think people perceived him as a as a loathsome person, that's right, as a vile individual. They regarded him as I remember, it's just kind of a nept that he meant to do well. But you know, he wasn't particularly confident. Whereas Trump, he's he is personally despised with reason by a large number of people who regard him as a despicable human being, you know, a person without compassion, without empathy, without decency, you know, And I do think that that's going to come back to bite him in his more than ample career.
Speaker 3: It is more than ample, isn't it. It's good.
Speaker 1: Well, on that note, we're running out of time, and we've gone a little bit over time. But thank you so much, Eric Peters for joining us, and again you can find him at Eric petersautos dot com. There's a lot that is there that is food for thought, and it's always an interesting read. And we didn't have time to get to your your build out for your trans am and your loved the way that you're for it's alive, and he said, bringing back something that has been dead like this for a while. It really does feel kind of like Doctor Frankenstein bringing back a live and I bet it or yeah, I bet rory when it came back to life, and must have been a lot of a lot of fun. Well, thank you so much for joining us again, Eric Peters autos dot com. Thank you, Eric, always great to talk to you. Thank you. The common Man. They created common Core and dumbed down our children. They created common Past to track and control us, their Commons project to make sure the commoners own nothing and the communist future. They see the common man as simple, a sophisticated ordinary. But each of us has worth and dignity created in the image of God. That is what we have in common. That is what they want to take away. Their most powerful weapons are isolation, deception, intimidation. They desire to know everything about us while they hide everything from us. It's time to turn that around and expose what they want to hide. Please share the information and links you'll find at the Davidknightshow dot com. Thank you for listening, Thank you for sharing. If you can't support us financially, please keep us in your prayers. Ddavidknightshow dot com