Speaker 1: Hey guys, it is Ryan. I'm not sure if you know this about me, but I'm a bit of a fun fanatic when I can. I like to work, but I like fun too.
Speaker 2: It's a thing.
Speaker 1: And now the truth is out there, I can tell you about my favorite place to have fun, Chumba Casino. They have hundreds of social casino style games to choose from, with new games released each week. You can play for free anytime, anywhere, and each day brings a new chance to collect daily bonuses. So join me and the fun. Sign up now at chumbacasino dot com.
Speaker 3: Nob'ds necessary, dally repod where everybody lost et terms conditions eighteen plus okay, round two name something that's not boring.
Speaker 4: Laundry, a book club, computer solitaire.
Speaker 3: Huh oh, sorry, we were looking for chumbu Casino.
Speaker 5: Chum.
Speaker 3: That's right, chumbucasino dot com as over one hundred casino style games. Join today and playing for free for your chance to redeem some serious prizes. Chum chumbacasino dot com. Process working at my low eighty plus terms the conditions of plus second tails.
Speaker 2: You are now listening to True Murder, the most shocking killers in true crime history. And the authors that have written about them. Gasey, Bundy, Dahmer, The Nightstalker BTK. Every week another fascinating author talking about the most shocking and infamous killers in true crime history. True Murder with your host journalist and author Dan Zupanski, Good Evening.
Speaker 6: A memoir of a double life as a mafia enforcer and a Department of Justice informant taking down corrupt cops and politicians. Aiden Gebor was still a teenager when Department of Justice agents approached him with an ultimatum his life in prison for racketeering, embezzlement, extortion, and conspiracy to commit murder or become an undercover agent. Conflicting Loyalties is a sharp, honest memoir in three parts, the bloody life of a mob soldier from outside the family, the death defying paranoid existence of an informant bringing down corrupt politicians and police departments from the inside. An unexpectedly finding peace late in life through the Bahai faith while coping with an als diagnosis. Conflicting Loyalties is a visceral tale of a man who gambles with his own life in order to save it, dodging his fate while searching for an identity, a father, and a family. The book that we're featuring this evening is Conflicting Loyalties, My life as a mob enforcer turned Department of Justice informant, with my special guest author, Aiden Gabor. Welcome to the program, and thank you very much for this interview. Aiden Goeboor.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much, sir, looking forward to it talking all about Pready books.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much. First off, for anybody that's listening at all, your voice has been disguised doing some sort of modulation to your voice. And also that the names have been changed in this book, like you say, to protect the guilty, So ninety nine percent of the names that we will be naming are fictitious. To protect yourself and other people as well. You say, let's talk about initially as you do here. Take us back to when you were sixteen years old, your prospects as an athlete, where you were and what kind of town you were in, New Jersey, and about the city to right that was run by mobsters and street gangs, breeding grounds for criminals and heroin flowed in and out of the ports. Tell us about your early life, your background, your parents, and how you became involved with mobsters and street gangs yourself.
Speaker 4: And in my life started, I was typical teenager town was a typical town and nowadays I was more of an area the gangs where we didn't come into our area because there was mortalia. They had a area like that. We had our own about ourselves. It was it was just a normal town like it is today where I mean I played sports, We did things outside, you know, we had activities. It started out where it was my father was doing things and even though we were hungarian, we wanted to tell you, but I'd still work with the guys. And we would grow up and have like family dinners and we had side with the kids and being typical things. And in that type of environment, you had to prove yourself, you know, either be a wool or be a sheep is the way it is. Or I got a lot of scuples, a lot of old voice. I was able to hold my own. Really, the street gangs came out, It wasn't that much with street games, but as far as my younger life, I they went to working just ride our bikes. He dropped off this envelope to this person and then it don't look just take it. You might use some bread and just bring it back. We did it. I would ride my bike and drop stuff off and nobody messed with us, and we would you get it, return it, and then you get money from home. We thought great, and we'd run to see stores, the candy stores and pick up candy and stuff. And it just worked out for their. As I got older, I proved myself to I didn't get in fights and not care about me hurting anybody, and I defended myself with older boys. I can think I was not as small for my age, so I was be considered very big for my age. And just how it was growing up there.
Speaker 6: You talk about that you were a small guy, and you also were exposed to violence, so you weren't shy at all when that when that happened, and that occurred, you didn't feel too much in terms of regret or remorse at anything or anyone that you may have heard. So you got the attention of this person that you say that when you played football, this guy was in the stands. He knew your father, you knew him, and then so that's how you became involved. And then you impressed these people with your greed election for violence or being able to be not afraid to do some harm to somebody. And you certainly had the skills, and you had the size and the ability to intimidate. You say, you talked about your development and you were a good car thief. Tell us about your ascent into this crime family, and tell us what it was really like.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I started when I was eleven years old, like I said, right in a bike, and I just moved my way up. And yes, the violence was all around us. And I mean the first time I saw somebody was just getting getting the crap kicked out of them and beating the shit out of them, and I just kind of looked, and I was told that he goes, don't worry about him, he's nobody. Kind of laughed about it, and I walked away, you know that point. And then a couple more times it was kind of happening and he'd said they say no but nobody, and he's like, hey, what do you get proves up? Do you think he could do something like this? And I kind of laughed. I said, cons better you know, it sucks to be here, and better him than me, And the guy mouthed it off a little bit and I didn't grab him, broad him across the room and we're beating. I mean, I just beat the living shit out them too, and they're like, pull me up, don't kill them. You know, hey, you know that's bad business. But at the point that'sn't see. But I didn't know to be like this, and I'm like, okay, I'm sorry. He goes, no, no, no, and it worked their way up. He goes, I got some mother still for you to do. And I would go around and I was with I guess you'd call like a shoot trainee and his name but to Nick and he picked me over. But he was an ass and then I really we never really got along and he was talking. And the first thing I learned walking around looking at is when you respect each other, it's where you don't respect it at started fights and most people, if they own something, you're just doing a point. And but the abily bad for Munce to solve for much other crews. When they ended up poaching in our area, that was a problem and we would rectify that right away. But growing up, when he would be Eddie would be in the stands, and you know, he grew more positively. My father was already ever around. He was working, and he still did stuck with Eddie, but he did other things. But Eddie's looked at me and he saw something and he said, you know what, let's go. This kid doesn't have any remorse anything. And you know, eventually on later on in life, by West pro that I don't have a empathy for the name way. I don't care. As long as it's not family or friends. It was a family or friend number, than we have a problem. Other than that, I didn't care. To this day, my wife can't understand. When we watched movies, somebody getting hurt and to me, it's funny. I grew up with that sceneing that, and I had no crolls about beating up anybody or meeting the crap out of anybody, and growing up on that. There was one incident I did put it in the book. And there's a lot of things I did not put in the book. They said ninety exact putting the book or also read be sitting there. We'd have like volumes of pages. But I had one or a guy who's going and he goes, hey, that's that we're eating and he goes looking outside the wonder that, like eighteen twenty eight. So I go running out and I'm beating that. I started kicking the crap I was I grabbing one hand. I told him get some dominantority. He's like, whoa, whoa, whoa, And I'm still eating a sandwich. Yeah you damn it. I'm just gonna call him sandwich. I said, Okay, I didn't like the name, but that's what he states started calling me.
Speaker 6: Yes, this is a guy that he comes up as a character later on. According to you, his name was Dominic, So he didn't really he was envious or mistrusting of you. But the guy that you were working for, Eddie, trusted you. Took you under his wing, and you became his personal enforcer. So you proved yourself and he trusted you, and you were involved in his crew. And you were still very very young. He graduated high school, and you had plans. You were good in football. You were a good football player, and you thought that might be your only shot at college since you said you had problems in school, you suffered from pessexia. And so tell us what happens with this crew, what kinds of things these this crew was involved with, and that you were involved with as a result, tell us about some of the things, the crimes and the things that were involved with his crew and what happens.
Speaker 4: Climes you mostly that they were really was crosstitutes of rectory, you know, a wall shark and then you would you would bet on the you know, sports betting on it. As far as drugs that he is like, he did not know, we did not do. He caught you in that you were dire straits. Is it lead that for the gangs on them growing their neighborhoods. We're not going to touch that. We have other things. Let's get cars. So we zipped cars, and I mean I was good at it. You just go in at back in the day and you know, and you see it nice BMW or something. You can run and you can pop up the lock and with the reds and the screwgard and you can go. And there's a couple of times. There's one I took off and somebody said something and I hit him a couple of times. Don't meet and see it tuns a fucking thing, and he never heard anything. Another time I was going and the cops came behind me and I was able to elude on him and I'd bring it in and drop off the cars and they would take care of him. He got pretty good, nice little stipe and every time he'd bring one in. I didn't do too many of those. I only did maybe five. I was more like, hey, this guy was money, Go see what you can get it. Give him a reason to think about what he owes that he needs to pay on the point. And that was really what I did. And course, now as far as Dominic, I don't know if he envied me. He was really Eddie's number two. I came in and I was a punk, and I think he looked at it as me when I was younger, as couples. I'd get in and I you know, he would talk shit to me and I just wouldn't tap it. I just walk away. And one time he did he kind of hit me and I took a pipe and I was good. I went nice one and I hit him and then he looked at me these eyes, and to this day I could never forget these eyes. And he was going to go pull on me, and that he said that's enough enough. Then, you know, we had a little old guy in the shop that was always in there, and he grabbed him and said, you know what, don't don't you know we want to mess with me, And he's like, no, sonos, they're more scared of Getty. But I really didn't talk about him in the book. It was more like a I did. Here's more eleno Onie realized that I think I was a good ally rather than against somebody. It was one of those like never trusted me. And because I was not Italian, I was from daring and I don't know if he looked at it differently because of that, but I knew I couldn't go other than inforce things. And as far as everybody talks about with the murders anything like that, it was bad business. You didn't do things. If somebodyled your money and you did to them, what are you going to get those whole thing? Most of the things bad things happened, we hit amongst other crews and ourselves. That was where more things were. And as fur things that happened, we want rocket scientists. We had what was available to and you know ours. It was basically a garage, so whatever you'd have around the garage is what we would use. And things you brought your He brought guns to just keep people in check, and then you'd use other optics to get your coin across, as you would put it. That was almost every day and not every other day thing growing up. And then when I the FBI and all that started getting in and everybody came up and he's like, we got to go. I'm leaving and he's like, you you need to go. And you've ever been arrested, you know in all this you need to go to college and get yourself straight and take care of what you need to take care of, which is you and your family. And I'm going to do what I have to do right And I guess, sir, And I looked up to this guy, and a lot of people are saying, you have somebody that's like, you know, your mentor and mine happened to be a very violent person. And you know, I realized that today, but back then it was awesome being that because you had a lot of respect. And to this day, I don't like being disrespected. And I learned that growing up. I've gotten a lot of fights being who I am in a short temperment. Basically, I'm getting better at it. And he came to football and all that night I did I went in on a scholarship, and I, you know, they came in to anything, gave me an ultimate And it's not that I didn't go under I didn't do undercover. I was not undercovered. I went in as an informant. Basically, if they say is sending you in because they're gonna trust you. They know, you know, I'm going to your town. You're going to do this in your town. They're actually and you're gonna be by yourself. So if something goes wrong, they conveyed by to help you. So and he even said that one look at me. He goes, give us said, he goes, if something happens to you, and we'll be okay with it. We don't know. Let you know that if something for your choices are pretty much limited here. And I kind of thought I had to think about it. I thought, you know what, yeah, I'll do and that's helped start. They're doing that when I did the first, you know, I had to get on. They would give me a little hope and I had gone so they wouldn't know. And usually the dook would run with the FBI. But when I was younger and they knew, I used to see guys in the shop or around there there were g men. Because one guy was sitting there, I go and I see his bad. You're a g man and he's like, yeah, and let me look at the bad. So you know they knew that. They said, no, if you see what, don't they're not with us. We're not under dad nothing. No, they don't know anything about you. This is this undercover. You're not. You're an informed that's all. And they gave me money. I got paid. I got paid well for it. You know. They said, party yourself out of school, and you got to look like you partied yourself out of school, and I would get you the first time to get your grand and I went and't partying them. I did what they did, I mean, pissed my father off. Believe I didn't know them. I was told I told my parents the deals off and we're all going to jail. And you know, being eighteen, I'm stupid. I believe them.
Speaker 6: In the introduction, we talk about that they threatened you with that the crimes you were associated with, this organized crime crew that racketeering, embezzlement, extortion, and conspiracy to commit murder. So they threatened you and you said you were eighteen. You didn't know any better. You asked for a lawyer, but they said we couldn't protect you. So this must have been a difficult decision because you thought that they would at least be asking you to turn evidence on the people that trusted you and were took you in as a family.
Speaker 4: When they came and told me they did, they had all kinds of stuck like they're that's what they were telling me. You know you're gonna go to jail, You're gonna just there's no way you could protect you. I was young and not to this thing. I know that there's nothing they could have proven that I did it. They just showed me pictures and being dumb, I didn't know. I'm gonna be honest, I didn't know. Eventually I figured it out that no, there's no clucking way up to the joke. There was no rest nemok empty in. They're suing. But that's what they said, you're doing an afformance. And I'm going to be much saying this to say, I never informed on the crew anybody at that as. I won't after bad police officers and politicians never once And they asked, but what about this, and you know, I go, I don't know what the fuck you're talking about. You know, those are the wrong answers. I'm not going to answer because I never I would never portray those guys for some day were my family and mentor growing up. As far as seeing these doing this with the priests, I saw them doing the bad things, and in my head I used to think, Okay, I know I was an ass and did bad things, but I knew that seeing these guys supposed to be protecting, you know, you know, to protect and serve, and they were doing bad things, taking money, doing these bad things, and I thought to myself, that's bad. That's worse than what you're not. You're going against what you said. You shouldn't go it against you to have a pride. And yes, I did what I did when I was younger, but we knew what we were doing. We weren't told to protect anybody. We protected our area. I guess you can say our neighborhoods, but we didn't. Police officers are different and Titians are different. They were supposed to help people when you seem not help be In my mind, I thought I was doing the right thing.
Speaker 6: So let's talk about how you become involved in being a police informat of all things.
Speaker 4: Yes, they wanted me to go and they said, we have this. They would want to go check on this guy. You might even know him. He's a police officer, but supposedly he's committed murders. And he said, and further up for a crew and I'm like grad and he's like, okay, you gotta go go do this, and they want to hear it. But you know, like I said, you get get off of school. You're just going you got to get on your own. We'll get you as far as we can. But this that'spianiel. It's because nobody can know what's going on. So I went tested. I got on the department and they told me the guy's name is Terry, and he's like, get friends with this guy. Become friends. So I mean I took several months per year before he really comes because he was more of a loaner. Eventually he got in. Then we realized because I know who you are, and I'm like, how do you do because I've seen you before and I'm like in my eye like oh yeah, yeah, I remember. I know flo the guy was. He said, he seemed I had no clue, and he said, well, would you be the cap boy? Because really? He goes, do they know about what you did? And I'm like, I don't really don't advertise it. Why I why should I'm not bragging about it. I go there was bullshit things like oh, no minute, that must have been awesome working the cruise. So we just started drinking and went out and we would go out and party. We go to the to the restaurants and drink, and then he'd bring his wife and she's very good looking, and eventually we became good friends. And this was the first one. And eventually he got to open up to me, and he said, you know, run and I wanted to get a crew so bad. I'm like okay, and he's like, you know, I'm doing things that he goes, I've done a couple of things. He goes, I don't think you talk bullshit because I know about you and younger. I'm like, well, what the fuck? I don't what are you talking about? And he told me what he did, and I'm like, think the myceleration in my head and my guy just kept playing with him and we're oh, yeah, yeah, really yeah, And he's telling me and I just eventually I went over there and then we went out with a couple of time. His wife used to tag on and she's crying. She goes, I'm sure he told you. I don't know what they thure eat me up inside. I don't know how to do this. I'm like, well, you know, just don't think about it. And then when I got to the guys and they were for them and said they just wanted for me. What is the best way we can get these guys? What did they take? Because you don't watch to death the part because when he tested the part you're want and done, it's we can't use it anymore. And I'm like really, and then they're like, no, we don't want you just want the information on which way you're stuck. And I came back, so, you know, bump the wife. He's the one. She's already on the edge. I think she'll she'll hit top on this one. But this is what he said he did. And it was funny because every time I see me kind of like bump into me, I'm like, dude, I'm I'm not I'm not gay, and he says, no, I'm just making sure he got somebody that's really how the first one and then when he got caught or he you know, the funny part is is one of the tunings he did. He was the first officer unseene so and something like that, whose fingerprints will be all over the dog in place, you see the first the officers are on scene. So he was trying to get away with the perfect crush. And yeah, they eventually they got them with the information that I was able to try it.
Speaker 6: You say that you're right that he admitted to killing three people. And then you got a call from your lieutenant was again oblivious of your undercover work, saying that he had been arrested by the FBI and told you that he was a contract killer, and you had to act surprise and incredulous, didn't you?
Speaker 4: That was he called? It was that to your corporal call and be telling me and probably really and he's like, are you shooting me? He goes, see how he goes, don't know what's going on, but they're all over the fucking department. How was your buddy going along with drinks?
Speaker 5: Mber?
Speaker 4: You know, he wasn't like a buddy, and somebody knew in the department. Because we don't want to really talk to him, I'm like, oh, fuck this ship. And then you know they want us to do. I resigned from the department and end up they asked me to another departm which happened to be my and I went in there and worked my way to get into there, and in that department, the punny part was is the commissioner would say that, and he's somebody I knew, and somebody I knew it through Eddie, and he said, you know you'll be going to I'll total line. Like you said, you know you're doing it, I'll total line. You know, I know you'll be what needs to be done. You'll listen to what we have to say because you know we know about your youngerness. I'm like, get sir. And that's how I kind of got on to that department and then worked from there taking on those officers. And then there was also a politician that was a vault and I ended up Kim, who I knew more person might than the others.
Speaker 6: Also talk at the bluffs at the precinct. You're a good friend, you name you. You single out two people, Sam Schwartz and Donnie Cooper. And Donnie Cooper is a police officer that works at the Bluffs Precinct, and you just mentioned that you knew you name him Paul Ciolino in as the mayor of this bluffs of the Bluffs, and tell us how you know this mayor of this little town. And tell us about Donnie Cooper Donnie.
Speaker 4: I up with Donnie. He worked there, and he used to tell me, you know, when I got it all good, my buddy out and now he's straightly He's like, the best thing about don and me is Donnie is loyals can be. He's not the sharpest playing and told me we're not the smartest shark traming door, but we will protect each other. He never really knew about what's going on until later on and he kind of put it together and he's like, are you shitting me? I can't believe that you've been doing this for the song and what do you need? Tell me, I'll help you, help man. And he helped me out immensely. As far as that's how Donnie and Donnie I grew up in sam I grew up with my whole time, and dam was a character all his own, very smart and good dull. You know. One of the things I used to say is well. He knows more about computers and stuff like that. I knew about finance and crime. It's one of those. He was oblivious to a lot of things that went on. He was more in his glass house. We used to do, but he was a very He's a good friend and him and Don were really helped me out when I started doing this. Eventually he realized me become a police officer, there's a blue line you don't cross. You don't snitch on each other because once you do that and they find out who did it, you're like a leopard. And it didn't me doing this. So I started taking out his police officers and as far as the mayor, I married into somebody's part of their family. And that's how I knew him when I was younger. As growing up and realizing when I was younger, younger, what I used to do bring to him and everything that was involved with him, I knew, you know, he told me around me, he said, you know, do me a favorite and don't talk to anybody. You know you don't know about what he got to thank you, and that would be it. Oh yeah, I was showing something like we came out and he's like oh, I seen ate him before. I think I made know his father, but I was talking about is this his father? And the picture over here? And it was, and so he knew them through that and eventually they you know, I got up, but it ate it. They ad me to a clin you know, I got became an alcoholic and I used to play Russian Route. I did it. Can I tell you how many times I did this. I used to wake up screaming that night and you would they would just go nuts, right my ex and like what's going on? I would see lady just the standard with their flating store coming at me that I betrayed everything. And I don't know if you know how that is with police officers, but you know, I bad inside and I knew I was doing good that these guys had to get taken out, and you know, started off being I was forced to, but towards the end, I knew I was doing right by doing what it was doing.
Speaker 6: Let's use this as an opportunity to stop for a second to hear these messages.
Speaker 1: Hello, it is Ryan, and we could all use an extra bright spot in our day, couldn't we just to make up for things like sitting in traffic, doing the dishes, counting or steps, you know, all the mundane stuff. That is why I'm such a big fan of Chumpa Casino. Chump By Casino has all your favorite social casino style games you can play for free anytime anywhere, with daily bonuses that you write your day lowe actually a lot, So sign up now at Chumbuck Casino dot com. That's Chumbuck Casino dot com.
Speaker 5: Nobk necessary wherever by lost in terms conditions eighting plus.
Speaker 6: Now let's go back for our audience, because this central figure in this is this agent Jackson that keeps transferring you and reassigning you. And as you write much later, it's your duty to do this to avoid that prosecution when you were young. And part of that is that you're to transfer and luckily you just get together with your buddy Donnie Cooper that you can confide in. And but your mission is to bring down some corrupt politicians. And you say that this Paul Ciolino was a friend of yours. But what's your job now? What are you tasked to do?
Speaker 4: Well? Information is what are they doing? Are they doing this? We need to know where are they doing this at? Where can we contail creation and eventure. I find all, I find all all you're doing. He the time guns, but my face as far as with the mayor, he was just arrogant. I guess you can use the word and guy. I used to know the area he'd being doing it, and I'm like, hey, this is like a work spot. I go, yeah, that's where they were, that's where they're having their conversations on we're getting involved in this. I go, yeah, there's officers a lot. Ninety percent the officers they're not saying nothing, no idea, what's going on? I think ninety five percent. But I know that there's their commissioner, and I know that it's there and that who's over there doing this, And I would like, I tell them where the areas or they went to to look for this. You get the information. I got information through it. And then Don would hear things because he'd be in different there. He'd tell me what they were saying. And Jackass or Jackson. I mean, these guys they didn't really just they you know, eventually I realized when I started working on first, you know, they couldn't put me care. But then I realized I'm doing something good. So I was like, oh, I'm in this now. I can't just stop. I'm in this and I'm in this deep. So you know, it comes to Fritionan and finishes what happens, or I did myself killed you don't one of you too. And I'm gonna be honest, man, I wasn't worried about dying. To this day, I'm not to me, I know, be a better place. But at that time, you know, when I had the guns put in my face, I had to use my we mind he get out of it. You know, I had one time in the station, I was going up and the gun that pulled in my face and I'm on the bottom part of the stairs, ring up the stairs and I'm thinking to myself, I'm looking at this right now on the barrel, and I'm like, the fuck is your problem? Well, yeah, you're fucking fucking what's any knocking on? It's like, what the fuck are you talking about? What the fuck am I going to go do something like that? And he says like no, you know, he goes, I don't fucking trust you. And these guys had so much they could do something like that and say, you know what, He went at me with the weapon. You know, he's a back guy. Look what he did when he was a kid, and that's what you're on. And I looked to listen here as I don't remember you coming out and work and doing stuff. And you want to be part of the machine. I was. You know, you were a cock. I was part of the machine. They got rid of you, and that would have been and you knew that. But you know where I did. I was part of the crew, and you wanted to be part of it. Right now, you're just being fucking you want to be and you're jealous. And then you didn't get to do any of these things, and you're going to put on me there you think I'm fucking market any fuckers. I didn't give a shock. I got my own things I'm involved in. And he just looked to laugh, because yeah, I can see it all right, all right, you know. And we were back up there, and then I went somewhere else and the clash are sitting because I told you he's told on the line Donald word and saying, and he came and told me and I goo, okay, and he goes, what fuck Hapa, And I said, we'll talk about later. Actually I told Don whatever you can here some bit Twitter. So yeah, that's how that part.
Speaker 6: So eventually the three of them, the mayor, a guy, a cop now Dendy cop named Jeff Walters studium. So one more, we're all indicted for crimes involving heroin and inside information to this gang that was dealing heroin in the community. So now the thing is is that you're still have other works to do. And what happens after this in terms of events of your life.
Speaker 4: Well, after I'd finished everything at the department and everybody gets start to get taken down, and then everybody's important the fingers at each other, you know, who the fuck did this? You did it? No, you did it and all that, and I finally just sent it down. I'm resigning for this ship because the fuck is think you did? I think nine different officers and all of us resigned because of it, and because everybody's accused of right now, you're basic at Luber and I'm like, you know, they have no clue who did what. They're just doing their assumption. So I loved, and you know it was just made and they would have figure out after the other couple up. I loved and somebody after me and then they asked me to go work at a casino to check on these guys. And the first time I checked on I went and became I hit you want new security, and I became friends with you know, the guys over They did me because I went and worked midnights and you'd have to secure if you had keys to everything. And I goes, these guys are he doesn't fractors, They're just having a good time. What the fuck do you want with these guys, Well, we just want to make sure you know, casinos are they're all involved with. I go, there ain't nobody in this thing, for any crew or anybody I could see in this I mean I go on to back, I would talk to guys and I never see anybody or even hear anybody going in there. And they were just we we think there is, but there never was. And we're going years and eventually somebody came in and they asked me to get information on the zone owner. And I went had key the work midnight, so I got the information. I took pictures of it and gave it to him and that's eventually something happened with him and I ended up basically just I always thought, hey, eventually maybe I could become working through them and doing an informant thing. And they just said, you know, thanks for everything, We're done by bye. Here here's the stipend we're coming coach. And I'm like, wait what. So I just stayed at the seeing it and worked there, and eventually I'm up there.
Speaker 6: Just before this or around this time, you get some disturbing news for you, Eddie and Tosio, the person you work for. Eddie is extradited from Portugal and was arrested. Tell us about hearing that news?
Speaker 4: Was that really sure that he got? And you know, the funny thing is, I remember when I was still working at the department, I got a call and I went to a pay phone at a gas station. It was him, and he's like, you know, I'm gonna be gone for i'mna be gone for a long time. I just take care of my my son and make sure he's doing all right, make sure he doesn't fall into this bullshit. So I eventually, you know, I did. I kept in touch with him, but eventually is where I gave the information that they're going to be ended getting nailed and he ended up dying in prison. And when I heard about that. I'm like, it was like somebody punched me in the gut that they you know, he got caught. I wasn't worried because I know he doesn't talk, so I wasn't worried about anything else going to happen. But it was my mentor is now getting caught, and now he ended up getting I want to say, like grison for to eat done. It was it was very like somebody, I said, somebody punched me gut, like I lost not one hundred percent. That's how I felt for a long time. My premission.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was hard, you say, right, Yeah, it was you talk about through this book. We we didn't get to talk about it, but the effect that you're having children, you and your wife, first wife Carrie, and then that not working out and dissolving, and and you're drinking, and your nightmares that you encountered and increasingly and then they're split up with your parents and then your father alluding to some secret with your mother. But let's get back to your work with the police force. You say it was winding down, and then what happens in terms of retribution.
Speaker 4: Well much bitts. He asked me to go somewhow, so there's nothing worry. Yeah, I felt good about putting these guys and getting them off the department and get them out order supposed to protecting it out a couple working with the gangs. And I'm not a big fan of them, of the gangs any time. And yeah, you know, I felt good about let produtional stories be. I just felt better for doing this. You know, at first, I thought, okay, you know, and that's where I got to drinking and the rose let and you know, not really, you know, I was adulting. I was an alcoholic for a while and kind of trying to hide everything. And the worst part is I was told you couldn't tell anybody, so I didn't tell her. Anyone I really ever found out was not and that was towards the end. And that's really a cause that keeping these demons inside, you know, between the demons I did as a child, and I'm also I didn't care. I didn't until a little while until drink and then started getting these nightmares and then, like I said, everything started rolling down. I had the kids and Garry and I eventually but you know, not realizing everything. You know, when when you meet somebody young that you know a couple, tell I meet, you know, Sabrina and I did meet. I guess you can said, the love of her life and who helps me and supports me and pushed me towards spiritually working with the run into the High Faith right now. Like I said, this whole entire, like the whole thing of writing the book was therapeutic. And Sam's like, we need to do this. You need to do this, Like Sam kind of found out later in the night thought and he said, you need to do this. No, brother, you need to. It's just going to help you. And it's brought out a lot, and I've had my cares. It's starting to get better. But overall, I do feel better inside and I've gotten something out and I felt I'm gonna be honest, I felt like I never did anything in life. I felt like I was a failure, but learning eventually, I don't say recently that the things I've done was help calling towards the community, towards people, and I'm still not comprehending that today, I guess you can say. But as far as retributes, it's more of a I felt better inside for doing what I did, and they got what they deserved. And that's how I looked at it, that Jesus.
Speaker 6: Has an opportunity to stop for a second for these messages.
Speaker 7: Wait a Lucky land slots. You can get lucky just about it anywhere.
Speaker 5: As you can speaking. We've got clear runway and the weather's fine. But we're just going to circle up here a while and get lucky. Oh no, nothing like that. It's just these cash prizes add up quick. So I suggest you sit back, keep your trade table up right, and start getting looking thy for.
Speaker 7: Free at lucky landslipes dot com. Are you feeling lucky? No, we're just necessary void. We're prohibited by Law eighteen plus. Terms and conditions apply. See website for details.
Speaker 6: What I meant in the retribution is that the name Dominic that had nicknamed you Sandwich many many years ago, that didn't trust you in this crew with Eddie now rears his ugly head according to you, and you get shot. Tell us about this event.
Speaker 4: It was all drinking or a couple of times, hole in the wall, and it was raining, and it was tooken cigarette and I was waiting up there. I saw going towards my arm and I heard this pop, and I just felt to described it. It didn't hurt, it just fall and I felt another one. I'm like what, And then I saw the glass and I clipped over my car and I was able to grab my nine out and on my other side of the cars, I can hear everything with somebody and I could just see feet. I just started lighting up and I just started shooting at feet and I saw somebody falling, just shooting, and all of a sudden, as I'm on my back or somebody comes up around the car and I just started and now I remember just start shooting them and they just disappearing up there. At this point, it got quiet and I just at there and there really not no pain. I'm just heat. I just felt burning heat. And I called back into my car and I took off like a bat on hell. And I ended up showing up at Don's house and the whole incident. He ended up calling an old friend, a couple of friends of the family, my family, Jack Obrock, and they came in and they said it wasn't as bad. A couple and they went through and he says, we're gonna do this. It's gonna hurt. And they did it there and it's garage and they took it out and they based the patched for help and gave the IVS and I didn't want to go to the hospital. I don want anybody know about it. I'm afraid, and I'm thinking, well, you know this by that's all I'm thinking. This is my original thinking. At first, I really sure what it was. It just and that eventually I found out through my contact it was I'm gonna going to trust me and he's in prison, and he put it he would have hit on me, I guess you could say. And the funny thing is is, but the period happened, it was a different department. They didn't have anything. It was like somebody cleaned up the whole thing, like it didn't happen, which I thought when I heard that, it made me say, it works. Now I'm feeling that I'm in Don's basement. What's going to fucking happen? So, I mean, I was gone for two weeks. My ex didn't even really wow. She made some phone calls and Don said, oh no, he's just doing this. He's got somebody working under cover. Okay, And you know, obly took a couple of weeks for me to really get to the point where, yeah, it took a long time to really start moving, but they didn't have anything where it was more of it was I really didn't have to go through therapy or anything like that. But it was a hard time for a while trying to hide everything. But we ended up somehow we did it. I'm being good. You know, his wife understood everything and that he's a very good person, and we ended up paying a fight. It was dominic, you know. I thought, you know, revengage is my thing to go. But I didn't go down that path because I knew he was in prison either a big gal. So I was just like, fuck it and I'll know. And after that to this day, I keep myself always have a either an icepick or a guy. I both use YOUTI twenty four seven. I don't trust much of anything. And it's a med make friends because of the incident. That's site. It's in psychology. You know, it does get to you.
Speaker 6: You're right about Agent Jackson meeting you. He sees you with a cane. He knows that you're recovering. You are recovering from being jot at and survived. He tells you about this three hundred dollars severance, you get about two hundred and fifty grand after the taxes, and you can get an all in one lump summer. You can get it in payments. But Carrie wants the money in one lump sum and she argues for that. But I think is not really quite clear for our audience, but I will try to make that clear.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 6: Is that you had met Carrie, you got involved with Carrie, and but at the time you didn't know of the involvement with the mayor who she called her uncle. So anyway, in this regard here, and it's not in your book, it's not so explained. So I'll ask you what happens with this money and how does Carrie cheat it, cheat the money from you? And where does that money go?
Speaker 4: You? Right, honestly, when when I was starting to do all this, and this is before I went to school, I met her at a party and after I came back and started working, I came back to the area. We kind of hooked back up and that's how that started with her. And as far as the money it came, man, I do want to be honest with you. It was gig cash. There's no nothing, And what happened to. It is very a strain at the time. She didn't know what I said. It was for an insurance thing when I got hurt. So she ended up basically giving it to her family. And that was the last straw. I did not like her family. I didn't like anybody in her family and did several brothers and sisters and gave it to her one of her sisters, and I's why I liked me. And she's like, oh, she needs that, Oh she doesn't need it, and I'm like, we're gonna go. She doesn't need to pay back. That was the last straw with me. That's why I ended up just leaving. That's what that was in at money, disappearing to that she gave it to her family.
Speaker 6: You're right about the change in your life, to change in your attitude, and obviously the work that you did was absolutely contrary to the work you did for Eddie when you were young and you were destined for But you have two sons and a couple of years apart. You write and then you get a call from your friend, the police officer, Donnie Cooper, and it's a just being called. Tell us about the call and who you have to talk to at the station. Right youngest was I was going at the time. I wasn't even in the state, and Don calls me.
Speaker 4: He said, you know what, they're about to jump on your son and go for what they think you saw him drugs out of the garage. I'm like, are you? And so I had to make some quick phone calls and I end up going up there and I say, you know what, don't go in because I have I'm the oldest is special needs. And he figur till I and he's not going to back up. He will go after you and got help you guys take him down. So they end up he just pretty leaves to go to get the dumb buck. That's all I said. I didn't. I just don't hit the house because of many other sons. And they did and it wasn't even him. They were elected. I was a buddy. And they end up arresting him and he got out of it because he wouldn't have anything.
Speaker 5: Out of him.
Speaker 4: And he brought him and showed him there's nothing in the garage, and they didn't at the time. He showed more honored and that was a good start of a He called there that they hit the house where my son was in there, my ass.
Speaker 6: You want your son not to be to go down the path that you had gone, not to become like you had, become a person in a bad situation like yourself, and end up possibly in prison. You didn't want that for your son. You wanted to get him to promise that he wouldn't be involved at all. Then you meet another woman named Sabrina. Your life changes, but more importantly those nightmares and that the haunting nightmares. You learn about the Bahai faith. You mentioned it, you talked about it. So tell us just briefly about who you meet and more importantly this religion that stops those nightmares and gives you a sense of how you could possibly get forgiveness for that past transgressions.
Speaker 4: I met Saprino, who we were working together for. I just saw something in her and who's kind of a bit and I kind of liked that, and we just started talking. We quick got together and she understood me right off the bat and took me for who I was. Now. She didn't know anything about me, didn't know that, and he took me not being either. I was just like curric you know, I'm not being the sharpest way in the drawer and and just for me, for me, and it just grew it and she always helped me. And then sam because of Behind and he's like, you got to read these books, and I'm like, get the fuck out of here. I looked for the other guy. I worked for the other guy. I don't even bring that. I mean, I was very anti religious. I was very very as o God, if that that's all you mean? Shit all this? And then I started reading there I go, you know, I say it there one day and I started reading and I saw something, I thought something, and I thought, well, you know, and reading about the behind faith, I've always believed that men and women have always been equals. That's always been me. There's no man's you know, woman's sub survey to man or anything. I've never believed that. And that's in the behindas And I was sit there and Sammy goes, you know you were always behind, but you didn't know it. And number two is you can't be perfect, nobody can't you just be the best behy you can be. And everything that they do I do. I you can protect your family, but don't care what when I hear it, you know, don't swear. I still swear my construct drunk don't drink. I drink little out of that. Medications kind of prevent me from that.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: I believe in a behydrate. I believe in everything and all the whole time to bring up back me when she went through classes with me, even though she's not going to convert, she's staying what she is. She helped me along and follow me away and hates me for me. And after she found out about my asked when I talked to her about it, it didn't flick her for it didn't change your opinion of me. It didn't change anything on me. She says, you are where you are today, and that really got to me. You are what you are today, not what you were. You know yet that's that was history the better person and you happy and went to bed the high phase alcohol. I have a hard time retaining odd things still, but I agreed and read more every day and learn like to learn something new every day. I do four times a week classes with butt to the high phase, and I'm I think overall but better. I can never ever pay or do anything that can did what I did in the past. I have no way of getting that back. But when I do pass, I go to a different plane and it will start over. I'll have to pay for where I did if I start over, and I'll start over as a better person. And that's all I need. That's all I need to believe, is that I'm going to start off as a better person. I can never repay for what I've done and what I've been through and what I've done with people and other things. And I understand right now, I just got to go forward and being more spiritual and being a better person and being a better person to society.
Speaker 6: And so that's how you can reconcile. You say you've learned, how the you've learned about forgiveness, so that forgiveness extends to yourself. And that's how you can reconcile and move on and just be a better person each day and not have to feel the guilt or not be burdened by the guilt. I should say, as you move on in this new spiritual state of the high faith.
Speaker 4: Yes, I learn I still remember and know what I've done. I realize that I need to just move on. I don't I'll really be honest with you, it doesn't affect me or I've done. I don't have any regrets. I never felt for the endeavor meet up people, doing things people. I never felt any remorse for that, or be honest with people. But I thought, I know I did something that I should thinks I shouldn't have done, and I got to go forward. And every day I work hard and harder to put that aside. I'll never forget it, That's part of my burden, but right now I understand that I can move forward and be a better person towards community, towards the world that needs that needs help. That's how I look at it. You know, not everybody's spiritual. Well, if you learn to be spiritual, you can understand more of yourself, and understanding now feel whole. I know I was missing something and now I feel like I'm not missing anything anymore. I feel whole. I feel warmed to myself, which I never had, and that's me. But I think if the world starts feeling something like this, it would help everybody to understand that there is more to everything other than yourself. And that's why I feel Yes, sir.
Speaker 6: Part of this redemption is the good work that you were forced to do. In your mind, you had no choice, but you did do what they deemed good work in terms of getting close to people and informing on them and getting the information vital for convictions in you.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, I started out not being unreally disciplant, realizing I'm doing good being I like doing this. Do I care if something have and I know I didn't have anybody back there to to help me. No, I didn't care, but yes, I felt redemption as far as that. And like I said, Sam, you what it said. I just said to write the book. I felt like I've never done anything in my life. I feel I felt like a failure. But he said, let's do this therapy. You might look at yourself differently. And I'm still working on that today.
Speaker 6: Yes, it's a very very fascinating story. I want to thank you very much, Aiding Goodbore for coming on and talking about your book Conflicting Loyalties my life is a mob enforcer to eurn the Department of Justice informant. I want to thank you very much for this interview for people that might want to take another look. Is there you have a website and do you do any social media? How can they take a look.
Speaker 4: Further Conflicting Royalties. There's a Facebook account conflicting royalties. With the Facebook accounts all start aiding the bore Twitter. You want to ending a bore so that you will be able to look at all the different areas. You can purchase the book, sir.
Speaker 6: Thank you very much. Aiding for Conflicting Loyalties My life as a mob enforcer turned Department of Justice informant. Thank you so much for this interview. And you have a great evening and good night.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much. Then you have a great time too soon.
Speaker 6: Thank you.