Speaker 1: We're taking your calls on the LA Clippers right now.
Speaker 2: Peace Peace, Clippers talk on Aaron on Demand, the Clippers Show of Record, your chance to react to playoff basketball Clippers news happens.
Speaker 3: Let me guess it's about Kawhi. Here we are and now here.
Speaker 2: He is the host of your LA Clippers free and postgame at follow Adam a Adam Osley.
Speaker 1: We got a real must win game back at the Dome on Thursday after the Clippers fall down three to two in this best of seven first round series against the Denver Nuggets. After Jamal Murray dropped forty three in Game five and the Clippers lost one thirty one to one fifteen. Welcome into clipperstock. I'm at a Oslin coming up. We'll take your phone calls eight seven seven five two zero eleven fifty eight seven seven five two zero eleven fifty. Because I am in Burbank, you'll be able to hear the calls tonight. Hopefully you can still hear me as my voice is thrashed, not because I was screaming at the TV or anything like that. But had the pleasure of working with Rodney Pete the last two days filling in for Fred Rogan at a five seventy and uh, well, I'm not complaining, but the voice is thrashed.
Speaker 3: That's what happens.
Speaker 1: You talk a lot, happy to be able to do it, but I'm just going to talk a little bit lower for you guys.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: That doesn't mean that I'm okay with just happened, with what just happened. It doesn't mean I'm not upset. It doesn't mean I'm not disappointed frustrated. The moralizes to some extent because the Clippers again came out flat in this game, second straight game. They come out flat and they get outplayed by not even Nikola Jokic. You lose a game like this where you're down by as many as twenty two and Jokic goes four to thirteen for thirteen points, light work thirteen, ten and twelve. But Jamal Murray was by far the best player on the court. And I'm not even sure if the Clippers had the second best player out there. The second best might have been Aaron Gordon or Russell Westbrook. Did they have the second or third best player? Russell Westbrook had twenty one off the bench, eight to fifteen, shooting eleven of which came in the second quarter. He scored more points. He almost doubled the scoring output from James Harden, who was three of nine, which is eleven points. He scored Kawai, who had just twenty. Now he had eleven assists and nine boards. Kawhi, I think has only had two triple doubles in his career, and he almost just had one. There's one guy I'm looking at right now. It's James Harden. He has to play better. If you want to turn the narrative around about you in a playoff series, you have to show up. I know they're playing a very tough to crack defense, but that's why you have a step back three pointer in your arsenal that's really tough to guard. He took two to three pointers in this game. Harden has an offensive skill set that can overcome any defense, and he takes nine shots total and just two three pointers. He got to the free throw line some He had five assists. When Kawhi is that many, of course he's gonna have less, but three of nine isn't good enough. You have to put up more shots.
Speaker 3: You have to go out firing.
Speaker 1: This season has been about you.
Speaker 3: You've been the MVP.
Speaker 1: You can't go out sad in the playoffs again, you can't. But the last two games he hasn't been good enough. If the system is broken right now, how are they gonna win?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: You can look at the final score and say, defensively at them. They gave up one hundred and thirty one points. The Clippers still scored one to fifteen. They shot fifty two percent from the field and thirty eight percent from three. Was offense really the problem? At times?
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 1: Because you have to be able to score with a team. When a guy is that hot, you have to find a way. A lot of this is tough shot making. Jamal Murray was incredible. He can do this stuff. People had doubted him. Oh he's not even been an All Star. He's a playoff riser. He lived for these moments. I told you before the series. He can get up and play, not like an All Star, like a superstar, like a top five player in the league. Sometimes in a playoff game, that's how good Jamal Murray can look. Asks the Lakers, he is a killer, and he destroyed the Clippers. They had nothing for him. They tried, But if he's going to be that hot, somebody has to get hot for the Clippers too, to counter it. Nolan piled just twelve points on twelve shots. Kawhi had twenty on fifteen shots. He had eleven assists, He had nine boards. I thought of Visa Zubots was good. He had twenty seven, just five boards.
Speaker 3: But he was good.
Speaker 1: He was eleven of fifteen. Maybe they should have went to him more. I understand when a guy is a flamethrower from three, you want to counter that, extinguish it with threes yourself. Clippers went eleven of twenty nine from the outside, Denver went seventeen of thirty three. They shot almost fifty two percent from three. Rusk Goes three of six, Brown one of two, Aaron Gordon one of two, Michael Porter Junior three of five, but Jamal Murray eight of fourteen. Clippers couldn't hang with their offense. They were top five offense this year. They've been elite in this era with Jamal Murray and Nikola jokicch and Jamal Murray was due and we talked about it.
Speaker 3: Jamal Murray hadn't played.
Speaker 1: His best yet.
Speaker 3: He had a game like this in him. You just saw it. My problem might.
Speaker 1: Be bigger than this game with the Clippers right now, because maybe there's not a lot you can do when a guy has forty three on twenty six shots and this is just a game that you're not gonna be able to win. Lay could have won Game one up fifteen. I said it the very next day. Where was the sense of urgency and killer instinct in Game one? And if they lose this series, I'm going to be looking at that game they lose the series, I'm going to be looking at the men as played with the Clippers Big four versus the Denver Nuggets Big four, because they've been going for it, they've been taxing their guys. It's the playoffs. In that game one, when I see Kawhi Leonard play forty one minutes with an overtime, when he played forty seven with an overtime less than a week beforehand in a regular season game. Yes, there were big ramifications. He had to play big minutes. It was the game against Golden State. It's like, how do you play least minutes in a playoff game in overtime then you did in Game eighty two in overtime? Where is the sense of urgency? I guess we're gonna find out if coach Low misplayed his hand or not. It seemed like he was playing the long game. Denver will tire out. We have the deeper team. They're going to overtax their guys to the point that it's.
Speaker 3: Going to come back to bite them.
Speaker 1: And even though they lost Game one, blowing a fifteen point lead, and they had three minutes without Kawhi or James Hard on the court in that game where they went minus four, We'll be okay because we're the better team and eventually that will catch up to Denver. Well, it hasn't caught up to him yet, so I guess we'll find out if coach Lou is a mad genius with it with the way the minutes were distributed, or if it eventually is the Clippers undoing not matching enough minutes with their stars with Denver stars. That's what I keep thinking about. Thought about it after Game four. Didn't like how the Clippers came out in Game four. Didn't like the fate comeback that led to the Aaron Gordon dunk. I don't want to call it a fake comeback, but I know that's what the kids say when you come back but come up short. It's like, where was that urgency earlier in that game? Where was it in the third quarter when they got outscored by eighteen? Because I knew a game like this was waiting for Denver where they might be so hot. There's nothing you can do. You can't win that game. They're on fire. They shoot fifty two percent from three, Jamal Murray goes for forty three. And that's just a game you can't win. But what about some of these other games? Game won in Game four?
Speaker 3: It's frustrating.
Speaker 1: Still first of four, Clippers are backing into it, though, I expect them to win on Thursday, getting a Game seven. Yeah, it's gonna be tough to win in Denver if you can somehow win Game six, but just find a way win Game six, extend the series, figure the rest out. After Game six Thursday night, we'll take a quick time out. We'll come back. More Clippers stock amunam ouslind And you're listening to Los Angeles Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: I love this team.
Speaker 3: I never miss a game.
Speaker 2: You're listening to LA Clippers playoff Basketball three ball, Yes, sir, right here, I'm the LA Clippers Audio Network magazines that.
Speaker 6: Aimed at me done.
Speaker 1: Every magazine was famous. Clippers lose one fifteen in Denver in game five as Jamal Murray goes unconscious drops a forty three spot eight to fourteen from the outside. Russell Westbrook gave him a huge lift in that second quarter. Clippers hid it down to eight. Late in the third, Jamal hits another three. They quickly get back up by thirteen. And the Clippers came out slow and flat again in this one, and their defense wasn't good enough and Denver was hitting everything.
Speaker 3: It's a must wan game.
Speaker 1: In game six, in backing into a dome tip off at seven pre game at six, it's go to Chris in La Chris Young Clippers stop with that.
Speaker 3: I'm alson what's up.
Speaker 4: The glory dadam?
Speaker 7: And it's spoken to you sits before game three.
Speaker 5: Just an ugly game to watch today, Yeah, Chris tell me more you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Well, you know, thank you Murray at Westbrook they just you know, killed us basically. Yeah, And I hear what you say. You know we're not starting starting out quickly at the beginning of games and uh, trying to pay play catch up is you know it's gonna burn us. I'll trying to you know, win a game that way all the time.
Speaker 1: That's a great point. That is a great point. That's why I comebacks come up short. Sometimes you have to expend so much energy to try to mount that comeback. And the Clippers tried again in this one down twenty two and the fourth again. So I don't know, they only got one day off now between game six and if there is a game seven. I believe the Clippers are gonna win Game six, but I didn't think they'd lose last two games.
Speaker 3: So what do I know anything else?
Speaker 4: Chris.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So it's like, you know, after we did lose Game four, you know, I saw that we we're gonna have two days you know before this game.
Speaker 4: It's like, oh, that that will help us out, you know, get a little risks and.
Speaker 7: Strategize for the game five, you know, but didn't happen. And another thing I thought about, okay, you know, like I actually didn't see the the way Game four ended. Yeah, because I was on my way to a concert at the Greek so I was speaking there. There's another game where you know we lost.
Speaker 8: At the end.
Speaker 7: I was thinking of that playoff cun game in Phoenix where they kicked in the ball in the Western Conference Final.
Speaker 8: I think it was.
Speaker 3: The valley oop yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and hey, the Denver Nuggets were riding high coming into this game.
Speaker 3: I appreciate the phone call, Chris. You made some great points there.
Speaker 1: The Denver Nuggets were riding high after the way they won Game four. The Clippers said when they made that comeback, they had the lead briefly with a minute and a half left in Game four after the Bogie put back on the offensive rebound. And to be fair, Bogie played better today again. Eighteen points five to eleven, four of eight from the outside. That's great. But the Clippers were like, it's good that we showed some fight and didn't give up in that game.
Speaker 3: But the way Denver won.
Speaker 1: Was so exhilarating, so historic that of course they were going to be riding a wave of momentum heading into Game five, and it showed early. Let's go to Ryan and Santa Ana, Ryan Young Clipper stock without Am Auslin, Hi run Adam.
Speaker 8: How's it going?
Speaker 5: Well? I guess not that good, but thank you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, this is very disheartening.
Speaker 9: It's sucked a lot. Let's see, Harden didn't show up. He's fitting into his what people have said about him in the postseason.
Speaker 6: I don't like that.
Speaker 8: I hope he can turn it around. And Adelman. I don't know if It'sattleman, I don't.
Speaker 5: Know if Yokis is the head coach.
Speaker 10: But whoever is the one that is countering Tyler Low's ad juice adjustments?
Speaker 1: Tell me what adjustments specifically are being countering. I keep hearing about adjustments. I need actual get the whiteboard out.
Speaker 3: What are you talking about?
Speaker 10: I'm got next to an ode guy, But I do see that James Harden or Chris Done is guarding Yoki still. I guess they're having a zoo back off and so but.
Speaker 3: Jamal Murray and.
Speaker 1: They're not starting possessed. It's with switches. It's if you don't switch. Yeah, he's probably rolling to the rim free. It's it's just much more complicated. My guy, Darren Visserri talks about this all the time from Locked On. But people act like they could drop a play on a whiteboard and they criticize their head coach.
Speaker 3: No business.
Speaker 8: I know that they're counting whatever he's I mean, whatever, what.
Speaker 3: What should he have done against Jamal Murray? Tell me what he should.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know, But isn't the point that they tried everything and he kept hitting shots. There's not much you can do against that stuff.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying whatever, whatever Tyler is, uh.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying has had a good series.
Speaker 1: I'm pointing out what I'm frustrated with specifically, and not just saying, oh, he's getting out kosher out of Justed. I'm saying, to me, the biggest criticism is about the minutes distribution and Denver and their stars playing more minutes in this series, and the Clippers have played their guys and coach Lou I think banking on the fact that they're going to run out of gas. But it hasn't happened yet, So I get it. If there's specific criticism, I'm all for it. But just I keep hearing, maybe it's a pet peeve of mind, but I keep hearing.
Speaker 3: Oh, he's being out coached.
Speaker 1: They're making more adjustments, And then I asked for okay, tell me what those adjustments are.
Speaker 3: And I don't get.
Speaker 8: Anything I'm saying.
Speaker 10: I'm saying is that whatever they're whatever the defensive scheme is, they're figuring it out and they're they're adjusting to those schemes. So it's very like, uh, yeah, they're doing a good job counting it. I don't know what it is exactly.
Speaker 1: I think that the countering is they're making shots. Russ's making shots. Jamal Murray can get separation and make tough shots. He's been doing this for a long time. Like, I don't think it's that crazy. I get what you're saying, though, Ryan, anything else, I.
Speaker 10: Think, yeah, Like what you're saying is that he should play more. Are you thinking that he used to play more minutes?
Speaker 5: Right like Kawhi Hard.
Speaker 1: Coming into this game the Big Four for Denver with Michael Porter Junior, Aaron Gordon, Nicola, Jokic, Jamal Murray had played about fifty eight minutes more than Norm, Kawhi, Zoo Bots and James Harden in this series.
Speaker 8: So what my only counter is, and I do agree with you they should play more, But do you think what basically what the Lakers they're doing is that they played on the whole fourth quarter, the almost second half, and that like bit him in.
Speaker 3: As I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Very specific instances like in Game one where you went three minutes without Harden or Kawhi on the floor and you think you can get away with that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, now that's kidding because that ended up. Those little things.
Speaker 3: Add up exactly. That's what I That's what I mean.
Speaker 8: Okay, Well, thank you for your time, all right, I appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Man uh Jose and Downey Jose? What's up here on Clipper Stock?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 6: Brother, I hope you feel better soon. I'm not so sure decorated this, but you do sound down. I don't think it's just the Clipper game.
Speaker 1: No, my voice is I've just been talking a lot the last two days, specifically the last two hundred and eight days, and I think my voice is trying to hit the wall because I haven't had a day off for so long.
Speaker 3: But it's all good. I got the tea in, honey. What do you want to say, Jose?
Speaker 8: That's good, you know what.
Speaker 6: I think something that's been a little different from the first three games to the last two games in playing the smaller guy guarding Jokice. I'm not really too understanding as to why I thought Zoo was doing a pretty good job on on Yolkice, you know, playing him and matching his minutes against them. I felt today that with playing the smaller man on him and kind of having zoo like moving around as to who he's gonna guard. Is he guarding the person in the corner at all times or who left a lot of like not knowing the defensive rotation which left Murray open. Great, okay, and he's gonna.
Speaker 3: Let me explain a pick and roll.
Speaker 1: So one of the toughest pick and rolls in the game to defend is Jokis and Murray because it can turn into a pick and pop for both guys as well. Uh, they can also do an inverse pick and roll where it's Murray's screening for Nikoloa Jokis. But let's say it's the traditional pick and roll where Nikola Jokich comes up to set a screen on Murray's man Chris Dunn. Well, Jokic's man is Zubots, and if Murray flies around that screen fast enough and it's a good screen, Chris Dunn is going to be behind him. So therefore he either has a free run at the rim or reaches Zubos cuts him off, and now there's a switch, and now Chris Dunn needs to get on nikol Jokic.
Speaker 3: That's how these things happen.
Speaker 1: It's not that they come into a possession and they're like, hey, let's just throw Chris Dunn or James Harden on Jokic.
Speaker 3: That's not the plan. It's how you have to adjust to a devastating pick and roll.
Speaker 6: Okay, and then okay, very true on that. The other thing too, I think the lack of production from Harden has been he has found himself a lot on Jokic in the last two games, having to put a lot of body on him. It could mere reason as to why he's struggling. I do think he's a lot better than what you said where he can he had He was driving to the lane very well the first quarter. I thought, oh man, he's gonna start shooting that three, gonna start going for him because they're gonna be worried that he's gonna scream.
Speaker 5: But I don't know.
Speaker 6: That intensity kind of let up on him, and it kind of led me to as he might be tight.
Speaker 3: No, this is this is a great Jose. This is a great point.
Speaker 1: They have been putting James Harden in the action, in that pick and roll and making him guard much more the last two games, and the analytics, the numbers will tell you they have. They have been hunting that and it is wearing down his legs and Yah, it's one of those things where it's it's a very difficult thing to adjust to unless they're gonna have some pre switching going on, which is difficult with passers like Nikola Jokic. It's Harden is gonna have to fight through it. But I still think he can be better on the offensive end, but they are making him run a lot more on the defensive end the last two games. It's a great point, Jose.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I think we were just lacking some the offense that we had been getting throughout the regular season from Norm and even like Bogie's run to in that seventeen and three or eighteen and three run that we had to end the season, we've been falling kind of short on that. And you're right, Bogie had a good game last game and this game, but the previous games he wasn't. And Norman Powell had that one good game in Game three, and that's what I think can help Harden, like pick up hard in like, hey, we're gonna be getting a little tired of then't worry, we got you. We're gonna be making these shots, you know, on our side, but it just we're falling victim to that right now. And it happens like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, it's a war of attrition and the team who's actually played their guys less is losing that bottle right now. That's my problem. The Clippers look like they don't have their legs Denver does, and they're guys have played heavier minutes. So that whole thought process right now of oh, Denver will wear down as the series goes along. It's not happening. And by the way, anytime you're playing a team that trains all the time in Denver, they are going to be the most well conditioned team. That's why the Olympic Training Center is there. That's why boxers go to training elevation. So this whole idea of ah, they're gonna gas out at some point, well, last year they did, i would say against Minnesota, but that was in the second round, not the first round. They may have the legs to get through this first round playing these heavy minutes, having this heavy load that they have to deal with because they don't have the depth that the Clippers do. It's just not working right now, and unless they gas out the last game, and then it would be the last two games and the Clippers pull through. I don't you know, it's gonna be hard to defend this strategy right right?
Speaker 6: You know what, play hard defense like they've always had. Today was a tough one on that defense side because Murray Murray had that game and uh, you know, hopefully Kawhi can have that game for us again. And if you can play hard defense and Kawhi I can have his game and do two. I mean, you's really high dependent on and and I think we need to continue to high dependent on him on the offensive tide too. They can pull out that win on Thursday, but it's gonna be hard. It's gonna take them actually getting gritty like they had been, and uh, they can pull it out, but it's gonna be on how much they wanted.
Speaker 1: I like the optimism there at the end, Jose, And again you made a really good point about how much they're making hard and work defensively.
Speaker 3: So appreciate the phone call.
Speaker 1: My friend, feel better, Adam, Thanks my guy. Let's go to John and Watts. John, what's up here on Clipper staf.
Speaker 3: With that mussels?
Speaker 5: Adam, what's to be or my brother.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know you've been listening to the show. Things are great right now. Clippers are down three too. They got a must win game, but I expect them to win Game six.
Speaker 5: No, I definitely do as well. And I mean coming into it, we said it was possibly go be a seven games theory. We could have swept them, We could have won in five.
Speaker 3: I don't want to hear this. They could have swept them, stuff like they're down three to two. Let's not come on.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm just saying, man, if they don't make them n characteristic mistakes like you said, they didn't go for the kill in game one? Who fought is that? I didn't have nothing to do with what Denver was doing. We won two, we won three. You had the opportunity to win for it. We keep blowing it. It's nothing new. We go through this every year, but we still go pull through. We go see what happens. Is giving me twenty fifteen Round one against the Spurs vibes. Yeah, they said we wentn't win two in a row, and we did. We did have home court that series, though, but you know, we'll see. James got to do a better job, man, this is why they be talking about him. Hey, is this Clippers after dark? Am I allowed to drop?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, not yet, not yet, not yet. No, we got it another. We got another twenty three minutes. John, I could throw you back on it.
Speaker 1: John, I could throw you back on hold though, And if you wait, we'll get the Clippers talk after dark and you can say whatever you want.
Speaker 5: Well, man, look all I'm gonna say. I'll give you a call back at him because I'm gonna be listening to you as long as you all tonight. Brother, We're gonna be miserable together.
Speaker 3: This is the energy I need. We're going to be miserable together.
Speaker 5: It's one game, you feel me? The Denver hang they hear when they just lost too in a row. No they didn't, so we shouldn't need it. Wow, games them home. We got one game to win. I don't even want to hear about game seven yet. We got one game. You're right, you're right, we've come to play. I think we could get it done. But the way Harden been playing these last two games, man, I don't care if you go one for twenty. Go down with the ship, my brother. We didn't bring you here to take eleven shots.
Speaker 3: I wish it was eleven shots. It was nine nine.
Speaker 5: Come on, man, come on, man, like you know that's that's part of the problem right there. And I feel like we never consistently go to Zoo. Zoo was the best player for us tonight.
Speaker 3: You're not wrong.
Speaker 5: You're not wrong any points, like just kind of by default by good energy with the ball finding him in the fort. But I mean, if you're not generating good shots, hello, we got the second best center in the n b A. I mean maybe thirty and b's probably over. Zoo still went healthy. But you know what I'm saying, madam, Come on, what happened to making Jokic work on defense? Happened to given the walk to Zoo? What happened to the easy buckets Jokics was.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna say yok was a non factor because he had a triple from a scoring perspective.
Speaker 5: Points and sat on the bench for most of the fourth The felt life. I mean, come on, man, we knew Jamal Murray was no good loose one of these games though at them. I know, you can't keep a good player down a whole series.
Speaker 1: But that's why when you're in control of the game like they were in Game one. You win that one because you might get in a game like this with Jamal, with Jamal Murray and you're at his mercy, and it's just gonna be too tough to win when they're shooting fifty two percent from three.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 5: Now, one thing I would like to say, and in the grand scheme of things, it probably wouldn't have mattered, But remember when we cut it to nine, right, No, it was the first thing I thought about, is you missed that free throw that could have made it eight. We didn't miss like twenty damn free throws tonight. I don't know what the actual number was. I got it.
Speaker 3: I got it for him.
Speaker 1: They missed ten free throws John, and they missed him early, they missed him late, they missed him consistently throughout the game. That can't happen. It's unlikely you go perfect. But say they hit seven more they only missed three.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say six. Let's say, you know what I mean, if Weda hit six more when you missed that when the credit denied and that could have been a three point game, you know, the momentum switches is everything. I agree with you walk off to Denver. They did it once again. They did what they were supposed to do. They're the fourth seed. They had a game on their home floor and they won. Were playing to do the same game six. Game seven is anybody's game, but we gotta get through six first.
Speaker 3: John, I appreciate the phone call.
Speaker 1: Throw you on hold in case you want to come on Clipper Stock after dark.
Speaker 3: I gotta take a quick time out. We'll come back. Clippers lose one thirty one fifteen in Game five.
Speaker 1: They trail three games to two in this best of seven first round series against the Denver Nuggets, with Game six being backing into it Tome on Thursday night. Souck next here on the Patriot eleven fifty.
Speaker 5: I love this team. I never miss a game.
Speaker 2: You're listening to LA Clippers playoff basketball three ball, yes, sir, right here on the LA Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Clippers lose Game five, one thirty one, one fifteen to the Denver Nuggets and Jamal Murray who had forty three, Russell Westbrook twenty one, Aaron Gordon twenty three on just eleven shots. All three of those players outscored Kawhi outscored James Harden outscored Norman Powell, Vitza Zubats had twenty seven. We only got fifteen shots up in the game where he was doing his thing. They would go to him when they need a bucket, when it was crucial, when they tried to stop a run, but they wouldn't consistently go to him. Clippers down three games to two, must win game six Thursday Night. Back it into a dome. Jason in the Cayman Islands. Jason, what's up here on cover?
Speaker 4: So are you doing?
Speaker 3: Mane uh A long time listener. Yeah, I can hear you, Jason.
Speaker 4: Yes, one, that's good when I call it from the Cayman Islands. One wanted to, you know, just come in and give them a two cents.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: Appreciate you for all they do for the Clippers and for the nation, because you know it's consistent to wash your showing things like that. And I really appreciate it mine because you know, it's not a lot of content on the internet for Hello, no.
Speaker 3: I hear I'm letting you roll.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, Yeah, it's overseas calls, so it is a bit delayed, but but yeah, I appreciate you money. So the thing is I feel Clippers right now we were starting the game too slow, and it is we are really playing catch up right the last game that we had that we came back from that twin point, I realized we never done that tonight when we were down again because we played Zoom right, that was that caught Nuggets told off guard and we came back. But tonight I realized we never played in the zoom when we were sold down. So I'm saying I felt that was something a key point where I felt that the series would have change for us, realizing that Denver wasn't playing they that would be caught them by surprise with that, you know, So that I feel right now, Kawhi, we we need to play through him more and of course hit on all of our shots because tonight we were Uh. You can tell, honestly, you can tell where when the Clippers are.
Speaker 5: Not playing they gonna have a rough wound.
Speaker 4: It's always our first quarter where we start the game. If we really move like, yeah, we're gonna have a tough game. I can sit down and watch a game and I can tell you know how they need to get my aggressive because what they're doing now because they know that Harden is our engine. You know what I'm saying. He don't want to gets everybody going, so if they contain him, it makes it difficult for Kawhi and Paul Will and everybody else to get in our rhythm. You get what I'm saying. So I feel we need to start the game very very aggressive and get shots up. Even if the shots now going down, we need to go inside because we are a very good team. Once we go down to zoom. You know what I'm saying, He can make shots in the middle. You se know what I'm saying because your kids right now, he's to me. We're making him arrest a lot, you know what I'm saying. Because on defense, when he's on defense, we need to play zoom more, go to you more, and you make him work more. Because when Yoki getting on offense, all he's doing is just sitting down and just baiting, waiting and baiting, waiting and beating, you see what I'm saying, and then making the past and then they hitting the open shots. So we need to make him work way more on the defensive end. Put him in a lot more pick of rolls, run him down because he's the engine. Four Nuggets. Murray. Murray's playing tonight, we kind of we kind of wake him up, you know what I'm saying, But we we need to conteam your kich as much as possible. Don't make make Murray beat up, make Murray beat us, if anything, but don't make your kids, because if your kich yokis is getting everybody involved. Russell, we we're gonna have to live with that. Russell is making shots, Kudos to him, you know what I'm saying, Just like how they do it with Chris Dunn. We have to make Russell beat us. I agree with Russell did us.
Speaker 1: The problem is he's been good in three of these games now. He was good in Game one, good in Game two, and he was great instrumental in tonight's victory for the Denver Nuggets. He has burned them, mister Adam.
Speaker 4: We know for if we look at how Russell been paying for the whole season. He's good in the corner trees. So if he's I think Russell always trying to prove a point. Now, so if he's in the corner the corner, get up on him, you know, respect him, make him dribble. If he's at the top of the key. Let him shoot all day. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. But once he get in the corner, respect that at least he.
Speaker 5: Gave us the the the.
Speaker 4: He let us know that he can shoot it. So okay, respect him, let him drive because you know he's not that, you know, effective when he going to the rim, you know.
Speaker 1: So, Jay, Jason, you know, I wasn't sure if your call was real at first. Obviously it is at this point.
Speaker 3: Uh, which island are you on?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Money, which I'm the Cayman Islands.
Speaker 3: But there's three.
Speaker 4: Right right? Grand Okay, Uh, yes, sir, it is.
Speaker 1: I'm intrigued by your phone call. I hope the Clippers aren't gonna be visiting you on vacation there soon or anything.
Speaker 4: Paul George. Actually, well, I'm sorry to say not no, no, no, but I've seen Paul George, Paul George looking looked like he was here recently. Sorry for doing you know what I'm saying. But yeah, it's nice hearing you should pay a visit.
Speaker 1: You know. Oh this this this light in the mood, this helped this lost tonight, Jason. You got to call in more often, okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, from Hey, hear me. I was there a few months ago when you when we was playing Lakers and and and the into it Doom. I was there. I was there for the that that that stretch where we played Indiana and we played uh.
Speaker 5: One more team.
Speaker 4: I can't remember who we played that that Jazz. I think it was Jazz. Yeah, but I was there for that, for that, for them games, you know, so big Doom. You know what I mean? Sorry, no, go ahead, now I'm saying. It's just big up to the whole Cliper nation. Still you, And I mean we got this, you know we we Game six, We're gonna come through. Still you. So what I'm saying, And we're gonna make sure we get this them six and then go back to then because we already proved we can win in then. But you know what I'm saying, So it just take it one game at the time, Kawhi. You gotta get an early start, James gotta get an early start. And Chris Dunn just keep shooting, bro, they gonna keep testing him. Just keep shooting ticket time and knock down the shots and limits that turn over us. It's very frustrating to know that we've been singing this from the very start. Of the season and right now you're still struggling with it. You know what I'm saying. It's very challenging, bro. Like I know, we're supposed to know. This is playoff, bro, so take care of the ball all these imagine if you think about it, the first game, it was a flims the pass in bound pass. That's why the pass got picked off. You can't be passingly that in a playoff. Come on, man, it can't work like that. You know what I'm saying. You have to make perfect passes, perfect mounce passes. If you see a guy. The thing is, if you see an open player, by the time you blink, he's not open no more. So that pass that you think is gonna make it. No, you have to look elsewhere to go to a different route, you know what I'm saying. So I got on the turner wards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I gotta take a time out, my friend. But your analysis hits harder with that beautiful accent. I love hearing your voice after a Clippers loss. Now I hope we can do it again after a Clippers win on Thursday night.
Speaker 4: All right, you mean all the time on, you got yourself.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: We got Cup Nation much respect, no flow, have a great night you too.
Speaker 1: Jason gotta take a time out here on Clippers stock. Jason from the Cayman Islands. There so he saw Paul George going fishing. Then go can Coon went to the Cayman Islands. I know you guys enjoyed hearing that. Oh more, postgame Clippers stock here after they lose one thirty fifteen in Game five, Game six back into a dome Thursday night, I mean a mouslind and you're listening to the Los Angeles Clippers Audio Network, the LA.
Speaker 2: Clippers and the Denver Nuggets. This is Round one playoff action on the LA Clippers Audio Network clip.
Speaker 3: Lose big.
Speaker 1: In Denver, down by as many as twenty two again, final score one thirty one to one fifteen.
Speaker 3: Nuggets come out the victors.
Speaker 1: They're up three games to two in this best of seven first round series. Game six, must win Game six back and into it dome on Thursday night. Jeane in North Carolina, you're on Clipper stock without a mauslin higiene.
Speaker 11: Hegen, I mean, yeah, what's what's up?
Speaker 5: Gene?
Speaker 3: Hi Adam, I mean higiene?
Speaker 11: Yeah, Hey, I got some hot takes and then they might not be really the best you know what I'm saying to say, but I'm going to say them tonight.
Speaker 1: All right, can you turn me down in the background, just turned down the feed that you're listening to, because I just want to hear you.
Speaker 3: Gene. All right, get them off. We got about a minute and a half here.
Speaker 1: Get those takes off.
Speaker 11: Okay, so number number one.
Speaker 5: Number one is.
Speaker 11: And you know it might not be really taken really like you know, like good for the for the fam or whatever, but I'm gonna'na, I'm gonna take a hot take. Like basically, remember when Tyleru got hurt, his back was jacked up, and uh, Brian Shaw was like, feed the ball to Zoo. I think at that time that when when Tyleru came back all of a sudden, it was like Zoo was just like, you know, he was being like the the main guy. But we but but Tyleru goes away from that because for some reason he doesn't want to do that. It's like it's like it's DNA that he does not want to do.
Speaker 5: Number one.
Speaker 11: You slow down the game. You're getting the person who can score on these guys at any point in time. And we already know from years and years ago for people who've been watching who that he should have been getting the ball a long time ago. And he don't get the calls that a person like Jokes get when he flops around the court.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I appreciate the phone call, Jean, I'm sorry, I gotta run. There may be something to that, but it's not like Zu got up five shots, he got up fifteen. There wasn't nothing.
Speaker 3: In fact in this ballgame.
Speaker 1: He got up more shots than norm same amount as Kawhi, six more than James Harden.
Speaker 3: But that's on James Harden.
Speaker 1: He's gotta be better. Clippers have to be better and they have to win. It's a true must win game. Thursday night back in the nime A Dome. Tip off at seven pregame at six. Before we get out of here, I do want to thank the Clippers organization. Ralph Lawler, Brian Sieman, Noah Igo, Carlo Jimenez on the call people. Brother Jake Warner, We'll see you on Thursday back here in Burbank. Daniel west Our producer Daniel great Job is always my friend, killing it with the music, especially after a loss. Like music soothes the Savage Beast. I needed that. I needed the phone calls too. We'll keep it going here at Clipperstock. On the YouTube side, I'm out of Mazin talk to you Thursday.
Speaker 2: This has been Clippers Talk right here on your home for the La Clippers Audio Network. Don't miss a single playoff edition ill postseason.
Speaker 3: The volume is truly impressive, and.
Speaker 2: Make sure to follow wherever you podcast for special offer editions.
Speaker 6: Clippers Talk Maybe