Speaker 1: This is Dan Capless and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the Dan Caplis Show. In today, you have Sheriff Steve Riems covering for Dan, who's in another big important trial of some sort. And on today's day, it kind of feels a little weird standing in for Dan playing second string quarterback because, as you guys all know, Dan is a devout Catholic and on a day where we lose the Pope, Pope Francis, it only seems fitting that Dan would have been here to do this show. But you know, you can't predict what the future holds, and Dan has a busy schedule and unfortunately, the passing of Pope Francis is on a lot of people's minds today, especially those devout Catholics out there that are kind of wondering where the church is going to go next. And fortunately for me, I get a chance to interview Archbishop Samuel Aquela today, which will be an interesting topic for me because I don't know the Catholic religion all that well, but yeah, you know, I'd love to hear his comments on this, and he'll be up in the in the second half of this first hour four thirty six Mark or so. So if you're tuned in, staying around for that, because that's a pretty rare interview and a chance to get to do that one is one that again I wish Dan we're here to do it because it would means something very special to him to have those comments. But we're gonna do the best we can to keep it on the rails today and cover while Dan's gone. I have a large show planned today. We've got some pretty good guests coming on. We're gonna have Mark Lamb, who many of you all know from TV fame. He's the former sheriff of Penell County, Arizona. Mark is a teasing oftentimes when we're together and telling me never met a camera he couldn't ignore. But Mark is quite a media sensation, and now in his retirement, he's working for a group called the Federation for American Immigration Reform. So we're gonna have him on to talk a little bit about what immigration reform or immigration policy looks like in the United States at this point. And again, Mark's an excellent, excellent guy on the with media. Like I said, he never met a camera probably or a microphone that he could walk past. And I'll tell him that when he's on the show too. And then the last half of the show, we're gonna have State Rep from House District forty eight, Carlos Baron on to again keeps updated on what's going on down at the Capitol. You know, there's there's so many moving pieces of what's going on in Colorado and nationally right now that intertwine. It's kind of hard to keep it all straight. But you know, those things play together in a big way, especially with Trump going in one direction for our country and you know, our governor, potential future governor in Michael Bennett going another. You know, and over the weekend Trump Trump's team took a little bit of a sting with the Supreme Court temporarily blocking the Alien Enemies Act or the deportations under the Alien Enemies Act. And what temporary means, it's kind of hard to know, but I'm sure the Trump team's going to fire back and as soon as they get a chance in front of the Supreme Court. They're going to be ready to do battle and try to convince the Supreme Court that they are absolutely okay with their deportation of the trendy Aragua Gang and the MS thirteen Gang, Again a topic we're going to cover quite a bit today, but for the time being, it looks like things are screeching to a halt. That doesn't mean they're not still being rounded up and held in detention centers as rightfully they should be, but where they're going to go from there is still a little bit in question. But as I mentioned, we have a new potential candidate, or a new candidate he's announced, I don't need to say potential. He's probably the front runner candidate on the Democrat side of the wheel that plans on running for governor in the state of Colorado. And this guy, Michael Bennett, would like to like to lead you to believe that he's a change agent, that he's going to be the person who puts Colorado back on the right course and fixes all that is wrong with where Colorado has gotten. Unfortunately, he comes from the same party who's been steering this bus right off a cliff, and so it's really hard for me to understand how he's going to distance himself. But fortunately for us, even though Michael Bennett hasn't done much in the US Senate, I don't think he's done much in elected life, he has made some very choice radio cuts that I just kind of want to throw out here as a way to lay foundation for the show today, because again, Michael Bennett is going to be this reformer that comes in if elected and gets Colorado back on the tracks. In fact, we're so far off the tracks I don't even know if you can see him from where we're at now. But again, he's going to come in. He's going to change things. And before we get too far into the weeds with him, I just want to give this little bit of a flashback. So this is from twenty nineteen. It's cut twenty eight Ryan.
Speaker 3: When the Center from Texas shut this government down in twenty thirteen, my stay was flooded, it was underwater. People were killed, people's houses were destroyed, their small businesses were ruined forever. And because of the Senator from Texas, this government was shut down for politics that he served to a second place finish in the Iowa.
Speaker 4: Caucuses, but were of no help.
Speaker 3: To the first responders, to the teachers, to the students whose schools were closed with the federal government that was shut down because of the junior senator from Texas. Now, it's his business, not my business, why he supports a president who wants to erect a medieval barrier on the border of Texas, who wants to use eminent domain to build that wall, who wants to declare an unconstitutional emergency to build that wall. That's the business of the senator from Texas.
Speaker 5: I can assure you.
Speaker 3: Is that in Colorado, if a president said he was going to use eminent domain to erect the barrier across the state of Colorado, across the rocky Mountains of Colorado, he was going to steal the property of our farmers and ranchers to build his medieval wall, there wouldn't be an elected leader from our state they would support that idea.
Speaker 2: So let's take a few things from that. Of course, Michael Bennett sounds like he's throwing a temper tantrum, and apparently that's his big boy voice. That's kind of the way he describes it in some other interviews with Kyle Clark and others. But you know, I was around in twenty thirteen when those floods happened. Is I'm sure most of you out there in the listening land were I was boots on the ground in Weld County. Was the captain or bureau chief at that time, it was the title of our patrol division. So when that flood swept through Weld County, I was definitely in the midst of trying to figure out how do we get through this emergency. And I don't remember seeing Michael Bennett. I don't remember seeing any of the state elected leaders. If you will come down to Welld County. We work things out on our own. We did work very closely with some state agencies, with the colorad of State Patrol and others, but that was a rescue mission. That was a mission to make sure that people were getting the help they needed, and we weren't too worried about where Michael Bennett was. I just find it funny that he talks about how much he was concerned in twenty thirteen and then fast forward that he's all against a border wall. You know, he doesn't want anything to do with the border wall. Well, it's funny how time changes from twenty nineteen to now, because we have several polls out that show as high as seventy percent of the US population believe, Hey, we need to stop this illegal immigration thing and get people moving in their own direction or back home. Meanwhile, you know, we've got this guy saying, well, we don't need a border wall. I'm curious what his stance will be when he finally gets out on the campaign trail if he gets a question about where I legal immigration is all about. But before we go to break, I want to play one more cut twenty nine if you would ryan.
Speaker 3: Many of America's most expensive places to live, where opportunity is most limited, are run by your party, including Colorado.
Speaker 4: How does your party fix that?
Speaker 6: That is a fact.
Speaker 7: We have to be for building more housing. We have to be for building housing that's less expensive. We have to be for reducing regulations so that it doesn't take years and years and years for people to build housing all over the state. One of the things that I loved about being superintendent of schools in Denver was that I never met a teacher who.
Speaker 4: Didn't live in Denver.
Speaker 8: It was emphatically not Seattle, it was emphatically not San Francisco. Now all over Colorado there are people that are having to drive two hours to get to work. We're turning into California, and with all respect to California, I don't want Colorado to turn into California.
Speaker 2: Just like the last the last cut, we've got Michael Bennett kind of speaking out attorney. He doesn't really know, you know, truly what's going on. He's talking about Colorado becoming California. I don't know about becoming. It seems like we're already there. And again his party is driving the bus. What's going to be different if he's in the driver's seat. That'll be the great setup for our next guest, Mark Lamb, the former Panell County Sheriff, will be on with us. After the break. We're gonna go ahead and cut away, but you're listening to Dan Caplis hosted by Steve Riems, Weld County Sheriff on six thirty K how.
Speaker 5: And now back to the Dan Taplass Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the Dan Caplis Show. You got Sheriff Steve Riams setting in today taking the driver's seat and up on our hotline, we've got Sheriff Mark Lamb from Panell County, Arizona. He's retired sheriff And just to give everybody a little bit of understanding about who Mark Lamb is. As I said in the earlier segment, he never met a camera or a microphone that he could walk past. So this should be a great interview today. And I told the listeners I'd say that while you were on the air too, because I say it to your face. But Mark's a great friend and we're having him on the show today because he works for a group called the Federation for American Immigration Reform, But mostly we just want to get his take on where the immigration status is in the United States and how those things impact the state of Colorado as well. So Mark, welcome to the show, and how you doing.
Speaker 9: Thanks for having me on, Steve. And I wish I could deny.
Speaker 2: What you you can't.
Speaker 9: I've always believed that if you have a fastball, you should throw it, and so if you have a voice, you should probably say. So whatever you're supposed to say, what does Abraham Lincoln say to sertain by silence when they should protest? Makes cowards of men?
Speaker 2: That's it. That's it.
Speaker 9: If the camera's going to listen and they're going to print it, I'm going to say it.
Speaker 2: I can respect that. And out of the two of us, I definitely have a face for radio. You have a face for TV. So I'll take that as well. So so Mark again, thanks for coming on the show. You know what, There's been a lot going on over the weekend. We saw the Supreme Court put a temporary block on Trump's use of the Alien Enemies Act and kind of stop those those planes from heading down to El Salvador. But you know, truly the administration is getting a lot of wins right now. And under your work for the Federation for American Immigration Reform, I know you spend a lot of time at the Capitol. How are things going in your mind? You know, is this administration getting the home runs it needs? And where do you see the biggest effort for where this administration needs to go in the future. When we're talking about these designated terrorist organizations like trendy Arragua and MS thirteen.
Speaker 9: Well, over all, great questions, Steve, and look, you can't go into something. I believe that you're not going to take any punches to the face while you're at it. I think they are hitting home runs, and I think they're doing the things that the American people want them to do, and we knew that some of these things were going to come with challenges. There are groups that are held bent on keeping people that shouldn't be in this country here. They worked really hard to bring those people here in the first place, and they're not going to just let you send them home that easily. I've been encouraged by some of the decisions from some of the courts. I've been discouraged. I think some of the courts have engaged in political agendas, and I think they've encroached severely on the executive branch's ability to do what they have to do. But overall, I think that this administration is winning. I think that they are clearly they've had a positive effect on the border. We're going to getting people out of this country is going to be a little bit harder than getting them in. And the last thing I'll say and turn it back over to you, is where were all these judges when it came time to vet people that were coming to this country unvetted? And while people were striving to find relief, the judges were nowhere to be found, And now when it comes to keeping people that came into this country illegally in this country, they're more than willing to make decisions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to the to the point of trying to bring people back into our country who have no citizenship here to begin with. But you know, Mark, I know as a sheriff down in Arizona, you dealt with this on the front lines. If you would kind of tell the callers a little bit about where Panell County is situated and what your eight years in office were like as you were dealing with this immigration crisis, I won't say on the front lines, but pretty darn close. Just kind of inform the listeners of what your perspective on this issue comes from.
Speaker 9: Sure, So, Panal County is the third largest county in the state of Arizona. There's only fifteen. The county is the side of the state of the Connecticut. It is between Phoenix and Tucson. We were not on the border, but we were fifty two miles off the border where the Indian Reservation is. That is our closest point. Seventy one miles off the border where the I ten the interstate intertected with our county law and what we've dealt with the first forty years were very different than the second four years. Yeah, I can imagine four years under President Trump. You know, my anti smuggling unit would come into us and say, hey, you're not going to disband our unit, right, but we're working hard, we're trying to find them. They're just not there. Because the Trump's administration's policies were working, they were building the wall. There was a lot of positive things that literally changed overnight. I'm not being dramatic, I'm not over exaggerating. Overnight. We saw a tremendous change. Immediately, we saw tens of thousands of people showing up. It was uncontrolled on the freeways where we were having people come up. Because anybody comes in on the south end of Arizona, whether it's the drugs of the humans, at some point they are eighty five ninety percent of the time they're going to come through Penaw County to get to Phoenix. And so what we were dealing with was, especially if you have counties to the south of you that are not engaged in trying to stop any of this human trafficking or drug craftking, they were becoming unfettered on the freeways. You know, my guys could pull up. It was like shooting fish in a barrel on the freeway. Vehicle of that were human load vehicles. And the second thing was we saw a shift to where they used to traffic a lot of the drugs and the people through the desert. They no longer had that of the last four years, still did it. That's where they brought out of the people they tried to keep from us knowing about the people that we should really be concerned about, and they were pushing them right through there. But now we're shifted back and now we're seeing them coming through the desert areas, the cartels having to push them back through those more remote areas through the Indian reservation.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So to make things clear, it's not that they have completely given up on trying to bring people across the border, smuggle people across the border, but the harder it is, the harder they have to work at it. And I think I think that's the goal. You know, Mark, with the Federation for American Immigration Reform, where do you see that effort going? And there's a lot of talk about, hey, should we just support everybody, should we find a pathway to citizenship. Where does fair stand on that issue?
Speaker 9: You know, for believe that there should be some common sense immigration or form. They understand that the immigration system needs to be you know, there needs Congress and Senate. There's two pieces to this for people that don't understand this. There is the border security piece, which is probably going to be more of the executive branch function where you protect people from coming to this country that shouldn't be here illegally. Sure, then you have the immigration piece that's going to be the piece that's dealt with throughslat the legislative side that's going to be Congress and Senate got to come up with some common sense reform. The amount of people that we allow to come into this country legally is a low number, and I think sometimes we don't do a very good job of saying, here's what we need. Let's look and see who we can let into our country legally so we know who's here and give them every opportunity to have part of the American dream. But the way it's been done, that affair is not for them because what you've had let people into this country illegally, which means that they are likely going to take advantage of programmed illegally. If they work in this country without permission, they're not paying taxes. Most likely, if they are not paying taxes, that's against the law. They are oftentimes taking advantage of those programs Medicare, social Security. If they are working legally, that means they probably have a faith or a stolen Social Security number. And then you talk about driving without a license, no insurance, and then the list goes on and on. So even those people that are good people that wanted a better life, because they didn't do it the legal way, that's a problem. The other thing Fair believes in is is law enforcement working in conjunction with the federal government. How the simplest way is the two to eighty seven G program, which I'm sure you've talked about a lot on your program, which gives local law enforcement shaff the ability to work with the federal government stept.
Speaker 2: In Colorado and Mark, we got a hard break, so I'm gonna have to cut away from here, but thanks for being on the show with us. Two eighty seven G is a great program. Needs to come back to Colorado. But Mark lanb thanks again for being on the show. You're listening to Dan Kaplis on six thirty K.
Speaker 5: How you're listening to the Dankpliss Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the Dan Capless Show. You're sitting in with Steve Reems. His guest host today Weld County Sheriff, and we're gonna just jump right into this next guest. Very honored to be able to speak with the Denver Archbishop, Archbishop Samuel Aquilla. You know, unfortunately the circumstances aren't so great because the passing of Pope Francis. But Archbishop, thanks for being on the show with us, and I would just like to hear from you about how this passing of Pope Francis kind of impacts you personally and how you see it from the physician you're in with the city of Denver.
Speaker 6: Sure well, certainly I was surprised, like everyone else to wake up to the news that Pope Francis had died early Friday morning in Rome, and in that it was you know, I'd watched him give the blessing for Easter and also saw the clip of he meeting with Vice President Vance and it seemed like, you know, he was still on the mend from his illness and all, and so the news came as quite a surprise. And with that, certainly he will be remembered as a pope who emphasized the importance of mercy, of forgiveness, as one who reached out to those in the prip freeze. Uh. He was the first Holy Father from Latin America and and so h that too was uh unique about his papacy. And then just the impact that he had in constantly inviting us to be aware of those who live on the peripheries of the world, the homeless, the poor, the immigrant, the unborn, and of being those who give witness uh to everyone that we meet. And uh that the message of the Gospel was very much one that impacted his life, that he gave us life for and we two or call to imitate that and to live that out in our own lives.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very poignant words. You know, the world is mourning this passage right now, as well as obviously the United States the state of Colorado. But I'm sure in your position as the archbishop for Denver, your your messaging to your your followers has to be one of uh kind of how do we how do we move through this? How do we mourn in the correct way? And how do we transition to the selection process for the next pope. How do you balance those things with your with your followers, and and how do you message that in a way that that keeps people positive and moving in the right direction. And I know you're probably struggling with that now, this being so fresh, but it's got to be on your mind if I'm I'm correct.
Speaker 6: One of the most important things that he spoke to throughout his papacy with the importance of Jesus Christ, Christ in the centrality of Christ, the fact that he was called back to the home of the Father at the Easter sees in the day after we have celebrated the resurrection of Jesus Christ, and especially in this Jubilee Year of Hope, in which his personal hope for that jubilee was that every person in the world would encounter Jesus Christ in a personal way and in a way that changes our lives and touches our lives, so that we put our faith in Jesus Christ as truly the Son of God and the Savior of the world. And so that alone gives us great hope. That yes, there is sadness and sorrow in his passing, but we also know that the Lord assures us that the those who mourn shall be comforted, and that where we find our comfort is in the promises of Jesus Christ and all that he fulfills, and that we continue to live that message. And the greatest way that we could honor him is by deepening our own encounter with Christ and by reaching out to those who are poor, who are hurting, who are broken, who are wounded, and giving them hope and the hope of the Gospel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you. And on the line with us is the Archbishop for Daniel Denver, Samuel Akoela, and he's just sharing with us sum of the thoughts and processes that he's working through as the art ch Bishop for Denver and moving forward with the Catholic Church in the passing of Pope Francis. In just a few minutes that we have left, Archbishop, as you're you know, we kind of talked about how do you move forward you personally, I mean you have to have a chance to deal with this on your own personal level. Did you ever have any direct interaction with Pope Francis, And even if not, kind of what does this mean to you on a personal level?
Speaker 6: Sure, I had met with Pope Francis at The longest meeting I was in with him was during our Limina visit. It was right before COVID, and it was about an hour and a half long meeting.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 6: And it was a group of the bishops from the region, and we had a very engaging conversation about the sacramental life of the Church, about the importance of evangelization, the importance of reaching out to others, inviting them and to encounter Jesus and to accompany them in whatever walk of life or stay of life they might find themselves. The gospel message isn't just for those who put their faith in Christ, but the gospel message is for all peoples. And so the Holy Father. And then I met him a few times after that, in brief meetings of greeting him and saying hello to him, and in those encounters he would give me encouragement and support in the ministry that had that The Lord had entrusted me too, and so you know, certainly he strengthened me in my ministry by his message. And I was one who encouraged bishops to really serve others as Christ served.
Speaker 2: Well, I couldn't thank you more for coming on the show with us and sharing your thoughts. I know your time is extremely valuable, especially on a day like this, and we all mourn with you at the loss of Pope Francis. And again, thank you for coming on. I really wish Dan had been here to do this interview because you mean a lot to him.
Speaker 6: But well, thank you.
Speaker 2: Thank you again for coming on the show.
Speaker 6: And hey, you're welcome.
Speaker 2: We appreciate it a lot. Thank you, sir. That was Archbishop Samuel Aquilla. And with that we'll break and when we come back, we'll kind of wrap up this first hour. And you're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show here on six thirty KHW with Weld Kenny, Sheriff Steve Raams as guest host.
Speaker 5: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 2: You're back with the Dan Kaplas Show. He had Sheriff Steve Raams setting in in the driver's seat today filling in for Dan while he's out working some important casework. And we'll just wrap up that first hour. I got to tell you, as a sheriff, I've interviewed people from all walks of life, but typically about criminal issues or you know, witnesses to criminal issues. In my entire life, I never thought I'd be interviewing the arch the Denver Archbishop of the Catholic Church, about the death of Pope Francis. But in all fairness, he probably never thought he'd be interviewed by a sheriff about that same comment. So we managed to get through it, and I thought his comments were amazing, you know. It's it's obviously has a life of devotion that is unparalleled, and his personal interactions with Pope Francis I thought were pretty interesting myself.
Speaker 10: Who do you think was more nervous, the archbishop being interviewed by sriff or the shriff interviewing the arch bit shop.
Speaker 2: I don't know. We'll have to arm rustle that out later. I'm guessing it was probably me. I don't think much rattles that guy.
Speaker 4: I think you did a great job man.
Speaker 10: You know, I told you I was really fascinated by the personal story he told by the question that you asked about his interactions with Pope Francis, and that was very revealing and very insightful and really gave it a local flavor for those that are members of the Catholic Church here in Denver.
Speaker 2: Well, thanks, Ryan, And you know, the process that they go through for selecting the next Pope is not exactly quick by any sense of the word. I think they spend nine days. Morning Pope Francis is lost, there'll be a funeral sometime in the four to six day period, and then they'll do the conclave process where all the cardinals from around the world come in to the Vatican and they basically lock down behind doors and take multiple rounds of votes. I guess up to four votes a day until they pick on the next Pope. And you know, there's a lot of talk out there about the Catholic Church having a little bit of a political process to it, and I guess that's kind of where it comes from. But not being a Catholic myself, you know, I've had to study up on this quite a bit today. But nonetheless, I think Pope Francis, any pope for that matter, means a lot to the direction of the world and specifically to us here in America that you know, are primarily Christian nation. So seeing who will be the next pope will be interesting, but not without due time of laying the laying Pope Francis to rest and giving him his due deference. So yeah, an interesting interview. I never thought i'd be interviewing the Archbishop of Denver, but you know, that's the fun of live radio and setting in in the backup quarterback seat. So again, I wish Dan could have been here for that interview. I think I think that would have been a lot to him. It meant a lot to me, so I can't imagine what it would have meant to Dan. On our text line at five seven, seven, three nine, text Dan first before you send something in. We've got quite a few texts coming in. Also, we'll be taking some calls in the next hour three oh three seven one, three eight, two five five. I'd love to have some exchanges with you, especially where you stand on illegal immigration, how you're thinking, how you think it impacts the state of Colorado, or how it impacts our nation. Are you in support of deporting everyone who's here illegally? Is there some is there some mix in between? I think the latest polls say fifty six percent of the American public are all for pushing everyone who's here illegally out of the country. And we know there's ten or eleven million that came in in the last four years, So that's a that's a heavy burden to lift. I guess seventy percent or somewhere in the well, we'd like the deportation idea, but there's probably also a mix of creating a pathway to citizenship. I'm probably more in that area. I think there are some good people that are here that probably deserve to stay here, probably benefit our country to stay here, but maybe made a mistake in the way they got here in the first place. But again, that's a hard starting point, even for me. So some of the texts today it says this is from Alexi, I believe it says at Do Better Denver posted that some das are downcharging drug traffickers to misdemeanor crimes that are immigration friendly so they will not be deported. They ask, what are my thoughts. Must be frustrating to get criminals arrested only to have das not prosecute appropriately. Yeah, that's a huge point of frustration for I think anybody in law enforcement. But another factor that's just as frustrating is the bond reform we saw in the state of Colorado. And I use the term reform very loosely, because criminals right now basically have a revolving door unless they've done the most heinous of crimes, and even then they're going to get a bond in this state. So murder gets a bond. So take that as the starting point and then say, okay, well, when all these criminals are being arrested, we can't hold them in jail. We can't really keep them there until their trial date. What is the likelihood that we're going to be able to knock crime down in the state of Colorado. It's very low. And then you take things like drug trafficking or drug charges in general and put those up against trials for murderers or rapists, you know which which one's going to take priority. Oftentimes the drug offender falls to the lower level. And so yeah, huge point of frustration. Alex also asked if I would do a taxpayer release shot for Michael Brown. I tried to set that up probably two years ago, and for whatever reason, Michael didn't keep in contact with me. So I'll leave that on his plate to figure out if he wants to do that at some point.
Speaker 4: Well, what about an intermediary in the form of Dragon.
Speaker 2: Well, sure, I'm good with whatever you know. Michael hasn't always had the nicest words to say about me. But besides all that, I don't I don't think he has a lot of nice words to say about anybody.
Speaker 4: Then when did he get curmudgeonally with you or about you?
Speaker 2: I think he was a little upset that I wouldn't be more vocal about. You know, you want to come take our guns? Well, you're are you going to come break into houses into in Weld County. You're going to get shot if you do, so, you know that. I don't know. I think a lot of that's playing it for a camera. People know where I stand on the on the Second Amendment. I think they know where I stand on law and order and doing those those what I'll call money shots for for for voters. That's not really of my cupet. That's not really my cup of tea.
Speaker 10: What you describe is what we've seen and heard a lot from Sheriff Graedy Judd.
Speaker 4: Yeah, down in Florida County, Florida.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's his stick. He can keep it, you know. I'm I've made it as easy as I can for people in my in my county to get concealed weapons permits. I wish we were a constitutional carry state. So that's the way I look at it. The more people that have guns, the pliighter that our society is going to be. And and that's kind of my stance on it. I don't know that I need to do a commercial on my Facebook page to make that known. But I'm more than happy to engage with Michael Brown. But he's got to return the favor. So on the other side of this, it says, sheriff, take a picture of Bennett and a picture of Ted Cruz, which is who Bennett was referring to on the audio Cliff we paid at the played at the top of the top of the show says, take the take a photo of each of those to DIA and ask one hundred colorad Ons who these men are. My guest is seventy percent would recognize Crews and five percent would recognize Bennett. That's that's probably about right. That's from Patty. Patty. I would love to go out to the airport and live film that just so we could replay it. That would be a great spot on Facebook. Hey, who's this guy? Who's this guy? You know? Bennett would have to be on a on a milk carton for anybody to recognize him, and then the last one here or one of the last ones here, Steve, I'd love to know where Bennett was when the Colorado floods happened. My bet was he stayed in DC. Well, I know where he wasn't If he was in my county, he wasn't making himself well known. So having said all that, I was all over the place during the floods in twenty thirteen, and I never ran into the guy. So I'm not going to say he wasn't there, but I didn't see him. So we'll be back in the next hour. I've got a guest scheduled to talk a little bit about what's going on the state cap but we'll keep it on the Immigration Talk. You're listening to Dan Kaplos with Sheriff Steve Raims his guest host