Speaker 1: Hello, everyone, Welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. My name is Donny Peters. His name is Tim Duckworth. It is Thursday, August twenty first, eight thirty eight pm. Cramming this one in here before we go home. Just wrapped up day one of the third edition of Cash of the Titans. I know it's not on the rundown, but I do want to hit on that to start the show, so we'll talk about that. Tim's going to be out the door to San Diego. He's got to play some kangaroo ball, right, what kangaroo ball?
Speaker 2: Shot like that?
Speaker 1: What do you plan? Australian rules kangaroo ball? All right, right, changarou ball, Come on, kangaroo ball.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: Do you bounce it? You kick it like you throw it out?
Speaker 3: Don't.
Speaker 2: I don't even know the rules. You have it, you kick it, you bounce it, run with it, you put it through the post. Score some calls win, some uh, some trophies. That's about it, all right, some tackles.
Speaker 1: We're also going to talk about National Heads Up Poker Championship because it is back. We're all no, we're not no spoilers. We're only going to talk about the draw for the Round of sixty four. We're gonna look at some of those early matchups see how things shake out there. That is still a TBD on the release schedule for it. It's going to be coming to Peacock to Poker, go to the Poker Stars channels, but that's all to be announced once they start locking in all the episodes and how it's all going to shake out. Got some news on the Twitter streets or social media streets. Now, I don't necessarily think all of this news is fully like the two companies going toe to toe, but I don't know. It's just kind of interesting that on one side you have Club WPT Gold came out with something very interesting, weird off putting too many that we'll talk about, and then you have GG Poker on the other side coming out with something that I think a lot of people are like, Wow, this is very cool and innovative. So we're going to talk about both of those things and what they are. If you've got to go back to the final episode from the World Series of Poker. While we were talking about Michael Mssrocky's historic win, news dropped that the Aussie millions was returning, and we said that we would talk about it on a future episode. Well, this is that episode. I got my resident kangaroo buddy right here, so we're going to hit on it the Ausie millions. It's I feel like, I feel like we know some stuff, but we don't know a lot of stuff. So we'll see what we know. We'll review it and talk about that a little bit. We got a big, big, big Super high Roller series that is going down right now over in Cyprus. It's not fully complete, but a couple of events that we want to hit on there. And then I guess, you know, kind of going back to the whole WPT versus p slash GG poker type of stuff. You got WSP's Paradise release their schedule. We got dates that came out for the WPT World Championship in December, with a couple of specific dates as it relates to WPT Prime Championship and the WPT World Championship. You know, but that part of things, the WPT stuff is still also kind of TBD, so we're gonna juggle those balls back and forth as well. So fun show today. As always, if you're listening, please hit the review or the favorite button, hit the review button, leave us a review, give us a rating five stars only. Please, for the love of God, help us grow, and then send in those reviews to podcast at poker dot com. Just take a screenshot. We want proof that you left a review. We want to possibly read it on air. Please. We love when you guys email into the show. If you are watching on YouTube, like and subscribe. Like the video. It's set little thumbs up right below the video. Subscribe to the poker go YouTube channel, and then don't forget to drop us a comment. Doesn't matter where you're watching from, what you're railing, what you're interested, and all that sort of stuff. We love to engage with the comments. I try and go through every single episode and respond to every single one. Sometimes I'll come at you I think you got a ridiculous take. Sometimes I'll agree with you, you know. Sometimes I'll answer a question or whatever. You know, But you know, we love to get in there with the comments. And if you think you're a poker legend, well then you better get your butt on over to play at poker goat dot com. I've been in there just about every single day. I think I missed one day, maybe in the past week and a half playing at the high high High High high stakes table. So rich, I'm just in there battling every single day. I'm trying to bust every single freaking person on the site. Okay, so get in there and come play with me. I don't need to give out my name anymore. I mean, it's poker Go Donnie. But you'll just see the custom avatar of my face point of my face, and it is in there, and we are battling all the time. So get in there and play. Play poker gro dot com. They have ring games. That's what I like to play because you can get in and out without any sort of you know, structure, schedule, whatever. But they also have tournaments, plenty of tournaments. They have free roles that run every single hour. They have sit and goes. They're no Gamble in the Future branded you spin the wheel of gain when you go in. You can play those sit and go so all the action. It's free online poker and as of I think last week, brand new promotion. Now this one is important for you guys. We like to give Alay a lot of stuff at Poker Grow when we can. Tim and I are always trying to really push to give stuff away, give back to you guys out there. Here's another opportunity for you to win. And I know we have the Poker Girl podcast dream Seed Gleam giveaway thing that we're doing regularly that is still happening, yes, and Tim's gonna have a code word at some point in this episode. But also we have a new dream Seed opportunity and it comes through the play poker grol platform. All you have to do from now until December tenth. December tenth is the cut off day. That's the last day for this giveaway promotional window. Go to play pokerg dot com, create an account if you don't have one already. Again, it's totally free to do this, you know. Or you can download the app to iOS or your Android device and then all you have to do after that is play one hand. Doesn't matter if it's a ring game, a tournament, a said and go whatever, I don't care. Just get in there and play one single hand. So create a free account, play a single hand and you will be automatically entered. That activates your entry into the dream Seed giveaway and we will be drawing one winner to win a dream seat to come out to Vegas in January to right here at the Poker Gro Studio and play in the PGT Million Dollar Championships. That is a completely free way to enter again, go to playpoker dot com or download the app to your favorite device and then play one free hand of online poker. I do need to mention that it is us only. I'm sorry for all you internationals out there, we cannot win. What is it is us only? It is twenty one plus, no purchase necessary. Get on in there and play on play poker dot com for your chance to win. If you have an account already, and you might think, oh I haven't account already, it doesn't matter. Just all you have to do is between now and the end date of December tenth is just play your one hand and then that'll activate you. So it's open to everyone, both new and existing members. So even if you ultimately don't play on play poker Go, I would highly encourage you just to get your butt over there and sign up for free accounts play your one hand. That way, you could possibly be winning a dream seat to come out to Vegas and play in the PGT Million Dollar Championship. So check that out today as well. All right, let's get into these news and happenings. The first thing, I know it's not on the rundown tim, so forgive me. But let's touch on day one, day one of three for Cash of the Titans. We just wrapped it up so rather unique format. If you guys don't know what Cash of the Titans is, it's basically a hybrid between a cash game and tournament worked into one. The players have to buy in for a certain amount. Okay, they get then a certain allotted amount of rebuys or add ons however they want to take them. The blind start at a certain level, but then they escalate. There are escalating levels which you don't often see in cash games. On top of that, they all post money on the side for a bonus prize pool that is divvied up, you know, depending on how that version of Cash of the Titans is structured. For this Cash of the Titans, each player there are seven players. They're each putting up seventy five k on the side, and then it's seventy five k to the biggest winner from day one. It is one hundred and fifty K to the biggest winner from day two. Just day two, and then the third and final day, three hundred thousand goes to the biggest overall winner from all three days. So it's a cash game, yes, but it also has that tournament leaderboard element to it. It has that prize pool element that a turn and has, so it's it's a blend of both worlds. For this edition, we have Andrew Robel, one of the heaviest of hitters. We have Alan Keating, an absolute maniac out there, great person to have on stream, Andrew Pachico aka Ace, Justin Gavriy Kirk Brown, Seawan Madden, and Darren Feinstein. The stakes started I think two hundred three.
Speaker 2: Hundred, two hundred three hundred and then go today went to two hundred and four hundred.
Speaker 1: So they played two levels each day across three days. So today they played Day one or yesterday theypending on when you're listening or watching to this, and then on Friday is going to be Day two. On Saturday is going to be the finale. So even if you missed Day one, action would highly encourage you to one go back and watch it because these hands were freaking ridiculous when you consider the whole like bonus prize money at steak. It's just wild how it all plays out, epic, epic ending to the whole thing, So be sure to go and watch that, and then of course it all builds today two, it builds today. A lot of fun that is available. The first level was available for free on the poker Go YouTube channel. The whole stream is available on PokerGO dot com. But I mean, we're gonna spoil it a little bit here because it's done and it's out there, you know, so if if you want to watch it, I would highly encourage you to skip the next a little bit of the episode. But I guess let me throw it to you. First, biggest kind of takeaway from day one of this Cash of the Titans.
Speaker 2: We thought it was gonna be a little smaller of a game. Yeah, that's true. I forgot to mention that. Oh yeah, that's the kind of thing. The plan originally was one hundred thousand dollars buying, and then you get two hundred k bullets and they kick things off. They got cards in the air, some pots slide of flying, and then all of a sudden it was you know, they added a couple more add ons, and they added a couple more add ons and basically the max right now is and I say right now, because we don't know what's gonna happen on day two of three. They could rules could change again. But you're allowed a total of seven one hundred cables. Now that sounds great, but it's a little unfair because you know you put it. It's unfair you're putting on this side money. You touched on a seventy five k today, he won fifty tomorrow, three hundred overall. And you know, some of these players accepted the side money and the rules and then things got changed. Now it's hard to kind of argue when certain players are like, hey, let's bump it up a bit more. So I feel bad for a couple of the guys there.
Speaker 1: But it's also one of those things where it's kind of like when you're at the final table of a tournament and everyone asked to do everyone wants to do a chop. Yeah, you don't want to be that guy who says no, So it's kind of awkward. I always say so, yeah, I know you, but I'm just saying even like you kind of I know ultimately you and I can both say we think it's unfair. Somebody could counter point that and say, yeah, but all the players agreed to it because they did, and then I would just say yeah, but like if you gave them a true serum, like would they really agree, did they really wanted to or they was doing it because everyone else, Like is it just kind of an awkward thing? So that part is a little bit interesting now end of the day, everyone did agree, right, So I get it, But I do feel like overall that definitely favors Keating and Robles specifically just because I feel like they have endless money, you know. I mean, I also kind of think Justin Gavrie might have endless money. Nothing against Justin Gavrie. I think he's a super nice guy. I think he's out there battling, whether it being no Gamble in the Future, Cash of the Titans, High Sake, Spoke, or whatever it is. This guy just cannot win in the studio. It's outrageous. Yeah, he can't do anything right. It's not that he can't do anything right, because he does a lot of stuff right. It's just that nothing goes his way. It reminds me of remember when we were through all the tournaments, especially the Super High buying stuff. Chris brew was just losing, losing, losing, bubbling, bubbling, bublin, just like huge spot after a huge spot. It reminds me of that, but in a cash game format, like Gavrey just gets his money and gets his money and gets his money, and like if he's ahead, he doesn't hold. If he's behind, he doesn't get lucky, like it just it doesn't matter, Like it's just it's so sick.
Speaker 2: This Si out there high rollpoker dot com the tracks, like have you seen this that before? Yeah, he's grafts in the positive though, So I don't know, I mean sure like Goss live streams and I doesn't count the episodes because if they're counting episodes, I think you're right.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm just like I could be off in what I'm watching, but I feel like every time I see him play, it's just not going his way.
Speaker 2: Like I'm just I'm just sorry. I was like, look it has yeah, season four.
Speaker 1: I mean I even made a comment to like our group today and and Brent Hanks was like, yeah, he's always getting crushed.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Again, it's not like he's getting crush because he's a bad player. He's just like it just does not work out in his favor. It's just so sick to watch, and like you're like, at some point, like you just want to reward the guy for constantly showing up. Yeah, he just shows up and continues to get punched in the face, but he continues to like have a smile on his face, He's got a drink in his hand, he's he's having a good time. At least it looks like he's having a good time, you know. So I'm sure justin Gay will have his day and maybe he's able to use one of his seven bullets in this thing and come back. But man, like another day when just like it was like really like really it's all gonna happen to him again.
Speaker 2: So anyway, continue with what you were saying. No, no, I just wanted to look at the high roll poker to see where he kind of is. And it's not as bad as you know, you and my thought, but it also could have been a lot better maybe, you know. Yeah, and we might revisit this page when we get onto one of the later topics. But okay, yeah, look, it's it's an interesting format. It does make you know, like we said, we don't want to give too much away, but the final few hands made things interesting, just like in Cash of the Titans too, when we had Andrew Robo, Christen Fox and Sean Perry are playing kind of some massive pass in the end that you know, came down to the wire for that last bonus and the you know who, we declared us the winner. So even today we saw that it's probably gonna happen tomorrow, it's probably gonna happen on day three. It's it's a great watch and hopefully you know, if you did miss it, make sure you uh check the four replay onfi go dot com.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, listen. There were some incredibly big pots. Yeah, some would say massive, shout out, massive couple. I think three or four were north of four hundred thousand. A couple of them went over the half million mark, which when you're playing two hundred three hundred and two hundred four hundred, I mean that's wildly big. Yeah, I mean these guys were absolutely blasting. You had a huge three way all in at one point, you know, you had the guys playing for it all and at another point it was Darren Feinstein versus Alan Keating versus we both had middle pair on the flop and the money just got in. I mean Keating had middle pair and a flush straw. But like still just like NonStop, like just crazy stuff. Keating playing some hands blind toward the end, like it was just wild, wild wild. They get to the second to last hand of the night, an insane clash happens between Justin Gavriy and and Alan Keating. Now, when the money went in, Gavriy was behind, yes, but when you're up against a wild card that is Alan Keating on the Queen ten to seven board and you got Queen jack, I can't fault Justin Gavriy for going broke there. And Keating's just got the ten seven yeah, and they put fourteen k in pre flop each, so it's like, you know, like really again, just just going bad for Justin Gavriy there. And Keating ends up on that second to last hand of the night. He storms all the way back to take the day's lead by five K five K, and then the final hand has to play out where like him and Roebul and Sean Madden are involved in this kind of weird three way pot that Sean Madden ends up winning. And because he wins it, you know, Keating secures the day's end, wins, so he gets that seventy five thousand dollars bonus. I mean, the whole thing is just it was an incredible episode from start to finish. It started with a bang. You know, there was that hand right at the beginning again Justin Gavriy. He gets King Queen. Now he three bets. Alan Keaton gets Aces, which is like, it's just unfair like that. He gets Ace to see four bets, gets back to Keating. He calls with King Queen. Suit can't fault anything there. It's Alan Keaton could have complete napkins. It comes King High. Okay, this is horrible news for Justin Gavriy turns a King. Oh this is great news for Justin gavrie Oh no, rivers an Ace. And then that's when all the money just decides to go in. And of course Keating's got the full house over the trips for Justin Gavriy, and just like bang, right out of the gate. You know, welcome to Cash of the Titans. Alan Keating, you are just the absolute best, I guess, and just you know, more bad news for Justin Gavriy. But overall a really really great show today, four hours of play, just epic from start to finish. One player busted out. That was Ace Pachico. He lost I believe two twenty five. And then I know you you mentioned obviously the cap is seven hundred that you can lose seven to seventy five total if you include the seventy five thousand dollars side bet. But you know, A said, all right, that's my biggest loss or my stop loss. I'm out, you know for the day. He called it, called it quits, you know, essentially forfeiting his seventy five k side bet. And he's done. So they're down to six. Right, there was a big hand, that big hand that I mentioned with the queen jack for Gavrie versus the ten seven for Keating, that happened on the second to last hand of the night. Gafrey ends up reloading for one of his bullets. Hunter K back on the table. He plays one more hand. They end up bagging, I guess. But they come back with the same number of chips, right, yeah, oh they can use the add ons and yeah, but they can't like you can't like a resets like Keating's got Keating's got over five hundred K on the table. Roboles got I think over I think he is all seven hundred maybe on the table. Actually I don't know if he used it all. I think he had six or seven hundred on the table. Yeah, and he's up like two hundred thirty or something to twenty. So something like that crazy, crazy day of poker. I would highly encourage you guys to go back and watch this if you want to check it out, because I think this is one of the best products that Poker gro puts out there. I truly believe that. I think if you guys have listened to the show long enough, you would trust that I would tell you if it wasn't so yeah, the Cash of the Titans. I just really think that this format is super unique. I will also say that along those lines, I would not ever do it more than once, maybe twice a year. Like I think this is one of those things that it's unique, and part of it being special is that it doesn't happen often, like it's like a once a year thing, you know, Like if you started to be like, Okay, this format works, let's do it every single week, I'd be like, Okay, you're now you're ruining it, like you're saturating the whole thing. So let's just keep it to once a year. Build it up to be a big thing. You know, it becomes kind of an event in a way. And I really like, all right, let's move on to another big event, the National Heads Up Poker Championship. It is back, baby, sixty four players. They were drawn to the first round. When did that happen? A couple weeks ago they had the draw party in here, which was July thirty.
Speaker 2: First.
Speaker 1: The draw party was awesome. I didn't know what to expect for the draw party. You always go into those things. You're going into the unknown. You know who's going to show up. What's the vibe going to be?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Is there gonna be a buzz or an energy in the studio because this event is back. You know, we know what the old draw parties used to be. I got to go to a couple of them. I hit a bad beat jackpot at one of them. But if you want to go on PokerGO dot com where Tim's been putting up all of the past seasons, and you can see the draw party in some of that. Yeah, You're like they're in like huge ballrooms, like they're all filling out their brackets, getting called up on stage, like it's a whole it's a whole thing. Now, this one wasn't as big as back then, but this was still I mean the room was freaking buzzy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you know, a lot. We had a lot of fun there. At least fifty five of the players here. We had a few that got delayed traveling in, you know, flying in from La San France, et cetera. But I thought getting fifty five other players here was pretty good. Obviously I had some plus one's, we had media here. It was fun. You're right, like there was everyone kind of congregated in that room. We drew people in, they came in, they talked a little shit about their opponents, shook hands, took some photos. There's a bit of side bets going on, you know, like there was a lot of actally even before, like you know, betting actual brackets, but just you know, I'm going to get picked before you, and it's it's all random, so they're basically just flipping coins. But I think it was it was a great atmosphere. So yeah, very very fun night. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So that that really got you know, the buzz going and got me excited, you know, because again you're going into the unknown. You don't really know what to back, you don't know how people are going to receive it. But I think everyone there was generally excited, very very happy to be involved with it all. And then we did the draw, and the draw was a lot of fun. You know, Yes, some people weren't there, but I think you had you had Jeff Platt doing the MC duties and you know, pulling the names and whatnot. There was some you know, friendly ribbing, some jabs thrown at times. You know, you had people kind of going at each other when they were called up. So yeah, so so let's just run through, you know, some of the matchups, you know, you can find the brackets were posted on the poker ro social channels. Again, this is you know, coming out later and I know various media outs have written about the round of sixty four. I'm not going to spoil anything here, but I do want to know, first off, who is the most exciting first round matchup in your opinion?
Speaker 2: I personally think we're going to go into this diamonds bracket right down here.
Speaker 1: I'm fully prepared for you to say something freaking nuts right now, like I with the way that you do do shit, you might say the most outrageous thing ever, So go ahead.
Speaker 2: Not this time. It's to me. It was three Coin versus Michael Msrah. You got the main event. That's a good one versus three Coin. Now, it's not just that you gots some wild personalities, but it's also the style of play. We've seen three Coin on, you know, hundreds of different cash games, just a crazy maniac. We've seen Grinder doing this thing at the main event. Like it's just a clash of personalities, a clash of styles. You know. Well, if we're talking about outfits, we've got three Coin with all his stuff. We got Grinder with seventeen patches on, you know. Like it's to me, was the best, the best possible matchup that first round.
Speaker 1: I wrote that one down. Yeah it is a very very good one. But I wrote down a backup as well. So I'll go with the backup because you picked that one. But I agree with that one is probably my number one pick. I'll with Alan Keating versus Sean Deep. I think that that's just incredible, you know, I mean, Sean Deep is the tournament professional, you know, one of the best in the world, if not the best, one of the best to ever do it. Alan Keating is wild, he'll gamble it up. He's fearless, you know. So, But I also think, you know, Sean is very fearless in a lot of ways. So maybe Sean is a bit more technical than Alan Keating. The both these guys do have really big, colorful personalities. I think they're gonna have a lot of fun. I also think that the clash of styles is going to be very interesting here. So that's one that that I'm I'm very much looking forward to. And it's it's in the same part of the bracket, the Diamonds as yours. So yeah, I think it'll be hard for production to pick which will be like the main feature, you know, because one match is always like that main feature, but that one is very good. Some other some other matchups from that Diamonds portion of the bracket. You have Kevin Pollock versus live Bury. We talked about Keating versus deeb. You have Chris Moneymaker versus Igor Kirganov. Schwan Lu takes on Doug Polk, Dan Cats takes on Charlie Hook Victoria Liveshits versus David Williams, and David Williams has an interesting stat he's what one of three people want.
Speaker 2: Of three people to play all nine seasons, who are the other two? Can you guess? Hm?
Speaker 1: When did they start again?
Speaker 2: Two? Three? No?
Speaker 1: Chris Moneymaker correct, yes, as long as as long as they started after Chris Moneymaker won the main event.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, is the other one has to be made?
Speaker 1: Let me let me let me say this for the viewers, and sorry if I'm upsetting everyone, but this year there's no I you know, in to Grande, no helm. Yeah, scheduling conflicts for all three of them. And when people bitching complaints, say why didn't you guys get them? They trust me. They were the first three people we called. Okay, like, just trust us. We're not that dumb. Okay, come on, give us a little bit of credit here. First three people we called and you know, all turned it down for various scheduling reasons.
Speaker 2: So there's that.
Speaker 1: Okay, So don't go saying, oh, you guys didn't get these people. Trust us, Okay, they were the first three on the list. No, I know that that, so I'm not going to guess them.
Speaker 2: Obviously, they obviously had to play this year. Eric said, oh they boom that. Speaking of some of those names you did mention they have played nearly every year. Some of the other guys who have played eight seasons, Hu say, Barry Green, Seined Doo Bronson Blavy, Phil Lock, Antonio s. Frondiri also was I believe invited but couldn't make it right. I just know about the big three, Eric Linger and Greg rayma Elie Elizra, Mike Mattis, how they was some of the Yeah, they were ones that couldn't get to the ninth. But one matchup I thought was pretty interesting was over here, I'm going to run over the spades bracket, Okay, Casey Mills pokemonma versus Sa Taylor. Yeah, you know, it's good to have women represented here in the National Heads Up Championship. Now over the last all, this are the nine season. Of all nine seasons, this was the sixth time two girls have two ladies faced off. So yeah, good to see that. Good to see if you you know, potential main event champion matchups, you know, brewing, depending how things go, that's always something to watch. Out for but I thought it was I thought it was a decent sixty four. It's not like like you said, we didn't get run an ivy, But it's hard to get everyone here, get people to put up twenty five k, get all their schedules put together. So for what we had to kind of do with the time we had, I thought, you know, it wasn't it wasn't terrible at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just quickly on the women that played you mentioned Casey Lynn Mills aka Poke Omama Esther, Taylor E t is in there, Maria Kanakhova is in there. Who else?
Speaker 2: We got Christy Foxon.
Speaker 1: At Christy Foxon, we got Victoria Liftchits who I already mentioned we had Lived Very three as well, and Schwanlu. So that's that's I mean, that's a good number of women. Yeah, don't know what Maria Hoe was doing. Would have loved this scene or in this, but I don't know what she's doing. But yeah, all right, toughest first round matchup? Toughest I mean, like, okay, when when per player A knows that they're playing player B, basically they would say, like, on a scale of one to ten, how tough is my opponent? Right, combined with when player B looks at player A like, so it's like both of them the average right, because because it might be like, you know, if it's Sean de versus me Sean Deep, I might think that's very tough, but Sean Deep doesn't think it tough, so it lowers the average, right. So that's what I'm going for here.
Speaker 2: I we're going to disagree here, which is fine.
Speaker 1: Great love it can't wait. Who are you gonna pick something? You're gonna pick something absurd. You're gonna pick side Alan Roble.
Speaker 2: That was on the list.
Speaker 1: That's legitimate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's I think it's Jesse Linus Kristen Foxon for for a couple of different reasons. Obviously, there's a lot of you know, a lot of experiences to have played against each other. Right here in the studio, When Chrissy sees Jesse, right, she's thinking, well, this is not the standard gto guy. This is helmet. This is a crazy guy who believes in angels and gorillas and all these kinds of things. So it's a tough opponent. She would probably rather face a Sam Soever, you know, or a Sean Winter or Jason Kuhn. Now Jesse is looking at christ yep. She's one of the best players in the world, one of the best female players in the world, and there's a lot of pressure on him to also beat her and advance the next round. So I think there's a little bit more in that matchup than just like this guys really good, this lady's really good. I think there's a little bit more to that one. And obviously they're both you know, top of the world right now. So that's my that's my toughest matchup, but there's definitely a few more you could choose from here.
Speaker 1: I picked Sam's overroll versus Jonathan Jaffee. Ye. I think those guys are very, very, very good players. I know that this structure is made for TV structure, it's a bit faster, yes, but I think both of these guys are very very good and very well studied that they're going to be able to adapt the structure heading in. So, you know, I don't think anyone's going to have any sort of advantage because they can adapt to the structure better than the other person in this spot. You know, if I'm Sam's overroll, I don't want to draw John Jaffee from this field. If I'm John Jaffe, I don't want to draw Sam's overroll from this field, you know. So that's that's a really really good one. I mentioned the side al and Robo one. Another tough one, just quickly scrolling through. How about Brian Rast and Renlin? You know, I know Renlin is kind of a joke exter a lot, but still a very good player. I think Eric Linger and Jason Kuhn is like sneaky tough. I mean e Dogg. I know, you know you might say, like he's not Jason Kuhn, Yes, okay, but Eatogg very very good. Yeah, right, has that old school type of player in him, but is still around doing successful things in poker. So you know, if I'm Jason Kuhn, I'm not like this is no walk in the park. Eat dog is a very good player. Also, if you're Jason Kuhn, you know that Eric Lingern has played this event before, and I mean you did the structure stuff. It's not like wildly different or anything from from past year. So you know, I think Eric Linger knows like kind of what to expect, right, So I think that that's an interesting matchup there.
Speaker 2: Another interesting one to me is Mike Madison saving Childwick. La think of Mike Madis, how he's not Steven Chitwick, true Savin Chidwick, like I said, one of the best players in the world, very studied, you know, maybe the most perfect poker player out there. Mike Madison a little bit of a feel. But you have to remember, this guy's gonna fight for the last chip, and he is also the defending champion. You know, obviously we're gonna wind it back to twenty thirteen when he defeated Phil helm With to win the eighth season of the National Heads Up Championship. But like you got to think about that, you know, defending champion's gonna five for every chip. You know, even though he's taken on saving Shiitdwick, that that matchup is is probably gonna be pretty tough for both players.
Speaker 1: You know, Yeah, I think Swan Louvers Doug Polk is a pretty tough matchup for both of those players. One thing that I wanted to point out justin Gafriy Drew john Smith. So the John Smith Johns he heads up poker legend.
Speaker 2: Gavrey loses again, good luck, it's John Smith john Smith cont loose heads up.
Speaker 1: I mean, I thought it was cool when Justin Gavriy drew John Smith. And even though Justin Gavriy isn't like he hasn't isn't someone who's been around like the poker scene like a lot of these guys have for as long as these guys have, but he he knew who John Smith was. He's like, I got a battle this legend. The guy's iconic, like all this sort of like he knows the legend of John Smith, which I thought was very cool. So, you know, John Smith, we got him in this thing. You know, he was kind of a bit of a I don't know, needle and a haystack type of guy. Like trying to contact him, it's like shot in the dark, you know, and we got ahold of him. So he's out here playing. So you know, I think that's very cool as well. Easiest bracket, easiest quadrant of the bracket.
Speaker 2: To me, it was spades, you know.
Speaker 1: I look, I mean that's mine too.
Speaker 2: You look at some of the names that you know, no offense of these guys, if they listening.
Speaker 1: To defense, offense call him, we'll.
Speaker 2: Call him VIPs, We'll call him Wales. But I'm gonna lead with Boston Robb Love the guy, not the best bucket player, Rob Brig. I'm not shure how much bucker he's played. He's off making Hollywood movies.
Speaker 1: I have, like somebody like Rob wriggle right, a Hollywood actor like I I have. You could tell me he plays a home game three times a week and he's very seasoned.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's not a Jason Komb, but he you know, is no fish out of water, right. So, but he could also just like have never picked up cards before. The only reason I say that is because I've been around poker long enough. I've been I've seen plenty of these made for TV shows where there have been times when like literally a celebrity shows up and does not know the game, but they're they're there like for the appearance to get on TV, like all that sort of stuff. So, I mean, I have no idea what these with these celebrities bring to the table.
Speaker 2: Throwing Phil Heelma's best friend Jason Calacanis. And it's not just the VP. If we talk about the super pros, the superpros in the Spades bracket much less accomplished than the superpris and the other brackets. So that's why to May Spades definitely the softest of them all, but you know they're also fairly close. Yeah, so I agree with you. There the toughest bracket, I think it's someone who kind of touched on with Sam Sarvo and Jonathan Jaffey. That's Clubs. You know, you agree again, Yeah, if you map some of these matchups out, you know you can have Kuhn versus Chino facing several versus Winter winner of that obviously taking out Brian Rass Rainley, and that's tough. You've got Mats Salisburg, Johnny Vibes, you know, you got Phil Lack in there, You've got Nacho Barbero. You know, this is the toughest bracket and un lucky for I don't think I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure how many people out there will know Brazil God Luis rhythms prisonhole.
Speaker 2: But I mean he's not just going to roll over. He knows what he's doing.
Speaker 1: You may classify him more as like a VIP than a professional poker player, but I mean he's played enough, cash game, has been on TV enough, all that sort of stuff that he's doing.
Speaker 2: He's played a lot of a lot of cash games on TV and to say the soft spot. So you know in this in this jord Nick right, guys Battlefield Helm with her in High Stake. Seel played a bunch of World Series events. He's played on Poker Off the Dark. He loves poker. He's commentated on the World Series of Poker main event. He's not you know, whether you think he's a VIP or a fish. He's got poka chops. You know, I saw like even the so called soft spot is not soft in this in this uh side of the bracket at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got Matt Solsberg versus Johnny Vibes. I saw Johnny Vibes put on social media that he got he got some heads of coaching from somebody heading into this one.
Speaker 2: I've uhev Is that his name?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know exactly who he is. He's played PGT events. What's Madanziev.
Speaker 2: The World Champ, the World Champ, the World the World.
Speaker 1: The World stoy On Madanziev Madanjiev.
Speaker 2: That's not a way you say it.
Speaker 1: I'm one hundred percent butchering it. But I did have to commentate on tables and I'm pretty sure it's like madonjev or something something like that. But you know, I apologize, but I think he put out there that like, hey, you know, if anyone needs it, I've done this, this and this, and it comes to heads up. And I think Johnny Vibes linked up with him to get some coaching, not that this isn't is an event you should be getting coaching for, mister Johnny vibe Like, what do you I don't know. I feel like that's what twenty I just feel like that's one of those read the room type of things.
Speaker 2: No, Like, I like, because take the edge when you can. Here's why I would not want.
Speaker 1: A celebrity or a VIP to get word that the pros pros.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know Johnny Vibes is like.
Speaker 1: He's I think he's I think he's a pro, but he's like he's also like a content creator. You know, he's an entrepreneur, et cetera. He's probably like, what seventy percent poker pro, eighty percent poker pro. You know, I'm just saying it's not one hundred zero. But anyway, are getting coaching like this and making it harder for you when you're already likely at a disadvantage anyway, you know, you know what I mean, Like I think these.
Speaker 2: Guys are accepting the state or putting the money out. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm just saying. I'm just saying, like I.
Speaker 2: Don't Does that mean like the they can't get coaching themselves?
Speaker 1: No, you can, but like you don't always have that same sort of access to those people because you're not in the space, Like it's just not as easy, right, Like I don't think Kevin Pollock is grinding his social media accounts and he sees story on post post this and then he hits him up with the DM Like I just don't think that's happening, you know. But maybe maybe, like I'm just using Kevin Pollack as an example, Like maybe he is like, well, these guys are doing everything, Like you know, I don't know. I feel like I feel like the pros are already good enough, but they don't.
Speaker 2: Need the extra You got to take every EV spot.
Speaker 1: No, not not in this ws P twenty five K heads up, take all the F and EV you.
Speaker 2: Want, okay, Like in this are the same event made for TV. I think all the pro I think all the blind the first hand that's what I think.
Speaker 1: That's just I'm joking.
Speaker 2: Of course, I would have you know what, in a perfect world, maybe you want agree with me. Perfect world in this we say, you know, the red side, all pros, black side of the bracket, the space and the club, all vipas, all celebrities, all satellite entrants, so that when we get into the final, we get one on one.
Speaker 1: Okay, So here's here's something. Here's something I thought about because I know there was a lot of obviously, the the list gets out there, when the brackets get out there, you know, the matchups, and everyone's commenting, like you know, there's there's one part of you know, the community that's like, how come I wasn't invited?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Right, there's the other part of the community was like where's this person, where's this person, where's this person? Where's that person? How did this person get? Like all this sort of stuff, right, you know. So anyway, one thing that I was thinking of, are there do you think that there are sixteen non professionals that's all because like it's celebrity, it's a VIP's or whatever, like so non professional book per do you think there are sixteen in this field? Like I'm talking like the Jason Calacanis, Richard Seymour. I mean, let's just go through Richard Seymour. What's what's Jasper? I mean he plays enough, he plays Stalen Flashner. We go Calacanis and Simo to not flash place. But he's a Hollywood, he's a We're produced.
Speaker 2: Okay, Rob Riggle, Paul Boston rock five five?
Speaker 1: What about this next one?
Speaker 2: Just Nick Riot? Nick, you could Matt Bracket is so hard you could maybe count Ryan Feldman, but I don't know if you can't. Okay, So we're stay six there, Bryce Hall, you have any where? Do we think of any one? Now? I would count him as like I would. We'll count this exercise. T J.
Speaker 1: Lavin for sure, Philip Franklinlee Chef, Philip Frankly, Lily for sure.
Speaker 2: That's it there. Kevin Pollack, yes, probably Charlie Hook like that. He's another fringe on. I would probably just putting him in.
Speaker 1: So we're at like what eleven. Here's here's what I'm saying, because I feel like there was enough, There's enough people out there that voiced wanting to potentially play, and I'm not just going to give into the mob but for this exercise, what if you did you took the sixteen non profess and you just put them aside, all sixteen of them, and then you start. You had a field of sixty four of all pros and they played down to sixteen, and then you combine, so you're essentially you're essentially getting an eighty player field, which allows you to get more people that think they might have gotten in or that the fans wanted in, right, but then the the VIPs and whatever basically get fast tracked.
Speaker 2: But they're in the money.
Speaker 1: No, it's not in the money because you're still thirty two players to win one. I think I think it might be win one match. Yeah, but they're who cares? We could do this made for TV. Know, we can do whatever we want. We can put them in the money if we want to.
Speaker 2: I don't hate your idea at all, but I think i'd still prefer them being on one side of the break.
Speaker 1: I also want to say quickly that this idea, along with the idea that I was talking about last time with like the time extensions and whatever, you know what you know, I got this sort of exercise from listening to the Bill Simmons podcast and the half baked ideas that he's like, this is not a fully baked idea. This is not something that I like, I'm like, yeah, we should a hundred percent do this. It's just something that I thought about. And now I'm having the thought exercise with you. Like, so I'm just saying, like that that's a way that we can make the field bigger, because you can't really go You and I both know we can't go from sixty four to one to twenty eight, even if we think that we could get one hundred and twenty eight with how many people voice all their stuff, like, that's just it. It's like an extra two days of play, Like it's just it's so ridiculous. Everything is so expensive. Can you really say, hey, Kevin Pollock, come take five days off your life, Like it's hard enough to get these guys take two or three days off their lives, right.
Speaker 2: I think that you know, you can have your pros that you really want to. You know, there's certain people we definitely wanted to play this event, you know, like you talk about the Negronos, the Helmless, the Ivis. You know, we definitely want some of these vfps. And then you know, there's gonna be whatever we'll call it, say, sixteen spots that are like very pro heavy. I think there's a world where you could do that could be a plan. You could do a plane in an Aria or somewhere else where. You know, you're you know, all of these pros want to play. You know, I'm getting dms. You've got some Brandon Hankscott some you know why and I in and you know why couldn't I play here? Can I get on the list? You know, get them to you know, you want to play play down, you know, play down to the to you know, from whatever it is, thirty two to eight or thirty two to sixteen and qualify to getting this eventy if you.
Speaker 1: Want me along those lines. So two things. One they used to do. They used to do a satellite to this tournament. We definitely because that's how Justin Young got an invite this year. Somebody dropped out later I can't remember who, but Justin Young got the call.
Speaker 2: He was in.
Speaker 1: But he talked about on the Table one podcast a few episodes ago. By the way, Table one podcast is I listened to that freaking thing religiously.
Speaker 2: It is great.
Speaker 1: I'm about seventy percent of the way through the last one with your boy Adam Hendricks. Justin Young when he first played it, he won a satellite, he got heads up with the guy. The guy didn't want it, so Justin basically bought the seat from the guy for cheaper.
Speaker 2: So whatever.
Speaker 1: Another thing that that makes me think of this Remember the Epic Poker League. Yeah, they used to have like that pro am right before, but like the winner of the pro am also got into the big one, which was like a closed event. Like you had to like have these certain credentials and stuff like that. You had to basically be like a certain type of player enough earnings whatever to have the right to buy in, right, but if you won the pro am as well, you like got in. So like what if there was just like generally like a satellite or like you said, like a smaller bracket or whatever it is, and then that person wins in. You know, like I think that would be cool where you know, yeah, if people out there, the pros that think they got snubbed, if they want to come play the satellite, great, but also people like let's say you and I want a fire and try and get in. I think that that just creates a cool story. So like I would, I would almost reserve like one seat for like a qualifier and just be like, hey, you know, this is what's going to be done. So so yeah, I don't know. Again, just just kind of kicking ideas around because I was thinking like, how could you expand the field? You can't really go to one twenty eight for the reasons that we mentioned, but if you did what I said, where you have sixty four like pros and and then you have the sixteen VIPs that basically get fast tracked to the front, you know, that allows you to get up to eighty, which is nice, a nice bump there. But you know, I'm just throwing throwing ideas around. So but overall, again, I thought the draw party went super well. I'm happy with how things played out. I'm excited to see how it all comes together. I mean, I know Tim and I obviously we're privy to being here and we watched it all play out. But it's it's one thing to watch things in person. It's another thing to just hitting my mic all over the place. It's another thing to just sit at home on the couch and watch it on TV and watch the final product, right I mean the guys in the back of the production team, they're going to cook up their magic.
Speaker 2: I mean tell ten episodes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I can see it, you know, I mean there was I mean, we talked about some of these matchup. There's a lot of good stuff in here, right, so, so yeah, you know, I think, all in all, I think it was very cool. I thought the set was freaking incredible. You might saw some of it through some of the social media videos, the photos or whatever that that went out from the draw party and whatnot, but the entire studio was, you know, done over all these small tables. This this table right here, this is one of the tables that if you guys can see it in the video, this is one of the tables that Tim and I hijacked. You know, we talked to our guy Justin and we said, hey.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a podcast.
Speaker 1: We're gonna we're gonna refelt it. Yes, everything We're gonna refelt in every uh every show. We're gonna play heads up for one hundred dollars and we're just gonna we're gonna be We're gonna just gonna keep We're gonna keep playing. No, just kidding, so yeah, so I'm excited to see how it all plays out. The show is supposed to be back, like meaning this isn't just a one off type of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think some people might point to the fact that we did that PGT Heads Up showdown, that China reim one a couple of years ago, and then we like never did it again. So you know, was that our you know, try at bringing this back. I mean maybe I don't. I don't know exactly know, but whatever, but that happened, it was a one time thing.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is back. You know, we're supposed to do it for multiple years. I know you've already been thinking and kind of like soft planning for the next one. So so yeah, I'm excited to see how this one plays out. I'm excited to.
Speaker 2: You do have a good idea of bringing that PGT hands up. Maybe it's like, let's say we're doing this, you know, mach or Aprilnexia, you know, we bring the heads up.
Speaker 1: You know, my idea with the PGT Heads Up Tournament. But justly I think I think the PGT Heads Up Tournament should be this is another half baked idea, but this is probably more like three quarters big. You know you're ready, like you could take it out and eat it, but like and you wouldn't get sick.
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 1: That this should be like basically the PGTS in season tournament where we have the PGT leader board that you know, so the top let's say thirty two get the right to play. So the top thirty two get invited and they can buy in. Now people might say, like why would they buy in, And I'll say, because if you're in the thirty two, the reason why you buy it, like we could do a rake free for example, the reason that you bought you get to buy in is you get a chance at bonus points. I've already written this and maybe and maybe this has been my idea and you and I have talked about it for a long time, and maybe you just get a couple bonus points, like let's say twenty if you just buy in, so like you just just buy in and play, you get some bonus points and then we just literally it's seated one place thirty two too exactly. I know because you and I've brought this idea up to you before, and you do it like at the halfway point of the season and it's a bonus lause.
Speaker 2: You got points for entering.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you don't want your spot, everyone just it just rolled down the PGT label. Yeah, thirty two, thirty three comes in. Yeah, but you get guaranteed points and like, you know kind of.
Speaker 1: Thing, and maybe it maybe listen, if it's too hard to get thirty two, you just roll with sixteen. Yeah, and that's the like, and that incentivizes people like listen, if I am in the top sixteen for the first half of the season, I get to play in this event. And then that's you know, maybe you could even do it something where like somebody the winner of that tournament just gets fast tracked to the championship, Like, you know, we can play with it, but you know, that's what I think we should do. So I also think and I know I think I brought this up to you while the National Heads of Poker Championship was happening the other day. Is that I am baffled. And this is also on us, Like from the time Mike Madisow won it last till a couple of weeks ago when we brought this back, how come no one tried to do this? It's not that complicated to do a heads up poker tournament made for TV. If you want to do thirty two players, if you want to do sixty four, whatever the heck, call it something different. Obviously you can't. We had we acquired this brand, okay, like we acquired the National Heads Up Poker Championship brand from NBC. We now own the brand, We owned all the past content, all the IP et cetera. But you didn't have to do that. Like I think WPT could have done it, a w SUP, like anyone could have done it, so one off person could have just made it. I mean, like that was such a big iconic show. It was so cool. Ratings were great, Like like, so why can't I just bring that back? I just but that also is on us, Like why didn't we also bring it back? And maybe that was the try with the PGG Heads Up Showdown because even though it was called the PGT Heads Up Showdown and technically wasn't a PGT event, which is very weird, you know, but that's on us, and maybe we should have done it right, But I just find it kind of interesting that no one did it. It's like it's almost like the National Head Up Poker Championship went away when NBC no longer was doing it, and everyone kind of thought, oh, that's sacred ground, we don't want to touch it, when it probably would have been great. But anyway, that's that. So National Head Up Poker Championship. You guys can stay tuned to well this podcast, social media channels whatever as things start coming out. When this is going to air, which I believe it's supposed to be in a couple of months, we'll put the word out. We'll let you guys know, maybe we'll do some kind of watch alongs or recap pop or whatever.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm excited to watch it through see how everything played out on the screen. And I hope you guys are as well.
Speaker 2: And reminded new season every Monday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm I mean, it's great old content. It's it's nostalgia just through and through Club WPT Gold. So they rolled out this update recently, which this was a couple of days ago. Is this still on? Like they have not canceled this? Right, you're the one who plays on Club WUT Gold.
Speaker 2: I tell me this week and I cannot confront what den I if I've used this function, you for sure use it.
Speaker 1: So basically what you can do is at the end of a hand in a cash game, right or is it also okay only cash games which I'm not even sure if they're called cash games, ring game, ring game, okay ring games. Because this is a sweepsteakes poker site. You can pay some sort of money, which I'm assuming is like some sort of big blinds in relation to like the limits that you're playing small one and you can reveal like the folded cards at the table, which seems like the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen, very fishy. I saw this news get dropped and I was like, my first thought was like, is this I like triple check to the account. I'm like, is this like one of those like fake accounts that somebody's like, you know, one of these people on social media that always have fun with people and create memes and whatever, like, are they just like making fun of this sort of stuff? Like this seems like the most ridiculous update. I mean, you have Doug Polk criticized it in a video. He's an ambassador for them. You know, he's got he's got code dug everywhere, like hey sign up for club to WPT goal. But also this is ridiculous. You got Matt Burkey saying that this is actually sick. You got Brian Rass saying this is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard in poker. Sean Deep in standard Sean Deep just one sentence word Salad Fashion on social media said, the fact that you haven't canceled this yet is just awful, awful marketing. You were crushing it in long term, going to kill your site. I mean, I don't I don't understand.
Speaker 2: Why you would do this money gram.
Speaker 1: See that's kind of like what like I don't want to like get someone in trouble for something that they haven't done yet. But this it feels like a money grab in the sense that like I feel like when all the stuff happened with online poker back in the day, Like I don't know, maybe this is revisionist history, but I feel like a lot of stuff was getting launched on full to a poker to like start grabbing more money. Like they had all these you could play the same tournament like multiple times at the same time. Yeah, I know, but like was that a money grab because they kind of knew that the stuff was about to get shut down and like there's a lot of stuff now where sweepsake sites are like in the crosshairs of a lot of you know, lawmakers and states and whatnot. So is this like I don't know, it's just it's just it's just very weird.
Speaker 2: I think it's a little bit about it. It's like, hey, you know, obviously we can make a bit of extra money here. It's also maybe, you know, we don't know who's running club WPT. They might think this isn't actually a good idea, you know, and we don't know. Obviously there's a lot of negga is out there. But when Full Tilt launched the multi entry and the re entries, or even when we extended late registration, right, everyone was like, oh this is this is I don't know about this, And now it becomes the norm, the big blan nanny, you know, everyone goes, I don't know about this. Now it's the norm. So obviously this one probably will lean to not happening again. But you know, operators, hey, even ask PGT We try things. We tried things different, some work, some don't. Obviously this one is getting a lot of negativity, so it's a bit of both. I think it's a little bit of a hey let's grab some money. Hey let's try something new, let's offer play or something. But let's also think who does this benefit the most? I think the pros? What no, benefits the fish the most? Sorry, no, no, I'm a phrasing that run Who is going to use it the most? The fish? Yeah, right, which is bad long term? Yes, yeah, Now, but what is the benefits the pros? No, because in a way then the fish go or there's less fish. But the way I see it is, well, the percentage of play is on club WT. Yes, you're right. If it's.
Speaker 1: It doesn't really benefit the pros. It actually it makes it makes ultimately what this if you're like gonna say, like what's worst case scenario? Basically all the bad players are constantly clicking reveal, Right, so they're just pissing away their bankroll every single time, and they're probably doing it, and if they're bad players, at least the potential is higher that they're they're clicking it, and then they're not actually learning from what they see, so like they're just like seeing, oh he had it's Jackie bluffw it, but they're not actually yeah, they're not actually like thinking it through fully, right, So their bankroll is just getting depleted. So then where I misspoke is that in turn, the bad players die out from the site because their bankroll is getting depleted, and then it becomes harder for the pros.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so I I had that wrong. But anyway, but so overall, like for site health, like I don't, I don't feel like that's good.
Speaker 2: I think that well, the fact that the money goes straight to that's probably the worst thing. Now, the money was like if it was like a splash pop, you know, that would probably be well, the money should go to the player the hands. Yeah, yeah, so I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I don't know exactly, Like basically the site should take like max ten and even that's free money for them, yeah, you know, and that would probably just add up over time or they do something like you said, a splash pot or whatever. I just I don't know. Part of me also is like you have someone like Doug Polk who is an ambassador, right, you have someone who's a Brad Owen who is an ambassador. You have someone who's you know, I think Tony Dunst is extremely well versed in the online poker scene, like like you didn't ask these people because I'm pretty sure they would have all said like what are you doing? Like this is ridiculous, Like so you like, I don't understand how this is a thing.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'll man, I have used it once. Of course you have, because I have. Of course, I just wanted to honestly say what it did? I how so how long I was show on your screen?
Speaker 1: Long?
Speaker 2: It's so like can you eat?
Speaker 1: So for example, you're you're playing with what two seconds seven other people? Yeah, and you see all the hands, so can you see them? Can you? Are you able to be like like, okay, I got all seven?
Speaker 2: I think I think you can. When you hit the hand history button, you can see it. You can see it there. Look god, I'll tell you the hand I had. I have had like Queen ten on a Queen ten export whatever, and I went like six six, and I was like, I'm pretty sure this guy has like ices. I bet bet followed or check followed the river. I just was like, oh, I'm going to say it here. So all I was doing was looking at his hand and revealed and I actually didn't check the hand, and so I actually don't know if it if it's the hand history or if it just pops up because I was only looking at one hand to just test the feature out.
Speaker 1: But now I know obviously the the the easy thing for the site to say is like, well, this helps prevent collusion.
Speaker 3: I mean, okay, I was just saying it helps players get better with but like if maybe if you just have the correct security protocols in place, you should be preventing collusion anyway.
Speaker 1: Like it's you know, it shouldn't rely on like Tim Duck, where is seeing some hand and be like, oh, that's weird he folded top pair to this guy for you know, one tenth part. That's very weird.
Speaker 2: Can you check into this? So so yeah, so I don't know. Yeah, I only shouldn't be out to see like there should be scenarios where you you shouldn't really be able to see all the cards, right, like I.
Speaker 1: Mean is a game of incomplete information? I mean like, so I think this is ultimately going to make this site tougher in the long run if it sticks around and the bad players are the ones that are using it and you know, are using it a lot more, and they're just going to deplete their bank goals a bit faster, like I don't think pros are really ever going to use this. I mean one because Club WPT Gold just recently launched multi table too, right, so like they're probably playing a million tables like whatever, there's onto the next hand, like it's you know, so anyway, I just think it's it's weird and off putting to me.
Speaker 2: I feel like if this was available in tournaments, I've been playing more tournaments on there, I feel like I might use it then more okay, like how do you determine the price?
Speaker 1: But true, So I also thought it was interesting that this happens, right, So it's like it's very much from the community side. Looking at Club WPT Gold, it was it was negative.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Then you have GG Poker who launches what they call streamer Mode, which, at least from what I could tell and the people that I talked to, is like, Okay, this is very cool, this is a positive, this is innovative, like look at this. So it's just funny to me to juxtapose the two, you know, like biggest competitors and they're doing like complete opposite things that are viewed completely opposite from the community and what streamer mode is is basically GG poker. From what they said and what I gathered is that they look at the poker streaming landscape not like poker. I like, what poker go does poker streaming, like what Jason Summerville pioneered, right, So like on twitch on YouTube, you know that sort of stuff, you know, streaming yourself playing online and whatever. And they said, you know what, it seems like it's kind of dying and it's very hard for these people, these streamers out there to make inadequate sort of living from it because it's gotten harder to make money from twitch or whatever, right, I mean, that's at least the thesis of this. So what they're doing is they're offering perks to people that want to stream, and the biggest perk is one hundred percent rake back while you're streaming. Yeah, which is ridiculous. I mean that sounds incredible. Now, you do have to meet like some benchmarks in order to qualify, you do have to get approved by Gigi Poker to be like an authorized streamer or whatever. But the perks are one hundred percent rake back while you're streaming, whole card and balance hiding to protect against giving away info, a streamer panel to help you manage multiple tables, and then a visibility boost with streams showcased inside the gg poker client, and then a special avatar border as well. So I'm assuming you know, in the client it shows that like someone so is streaming and whatever. Now to qualify, you need to have three months of consistent streaming that can be on twitch or YouTube, and you have to average forty viewers, which doesn't seem that high, but there are plenty of people who I've like checked in on twitch and whatever and it's like sixteen eight. You know, it's so it it. I think that this is good because it makes basically the streamer work for it. Like you can't just slap up a stream tomorrow I have two viewers and get one hundred percent break back. You know, this is like you have to reach this benchmark. So yeah, then you have to apply, you have to get approved, and you have to link all your accounts and all that sort of stuff. If you do abuse the system, you know, manipulating stats, don't having bots, whatever the heck, you're going to lose access. So overall, you know, again, I think that they looked at streaming viewership, and they think it's been trending down, which I think I would agree with, even just like anecdotally from me, Like I used to watch more poker streams, I don't watch really any at all other than maybe Lex Veeldhaus. So even just that, like I'm just drawn to it less, which tells me it's just less popular. I mean, maybe it's just a me thing, but who knows. And then they're hoping that this, you know, this combination of you know, some financial upside with one hundred percent rake back, which if you're playing a high volume that can add up quite a bit, some better tech, some tools, all that sort of stuff. You know, it's it's good for the streamers. Right now, what does GG poker get out of this, Well, if you're streaming from GG Poker's platform and they get a whole bunch more people streaming and being successful with streaming, that's marketing, that's brand awareness, that's promotion for GG poker. Yeah, So that's what they're doing here, that's that's the play, right So and it also, you know, I think it's a good narrative thing. Again, like you have over here you have Club WPT Gold doing this, which was negatively viewed by the community over here, you got gg poker doing this, which is like wow, this is great. And also if you want to combine it, GG poker recently bought the wsop were coming off a great wicopy. The the app wsp plus was received super well. That was obviously implemented by gg poker. Like everything is kind of going like very positive for gg pokers. This is like another thing that's just great. My question is, can one operator, you know, even with you know, a fairly large financial support in the fact that they're giving one hundred percent rake back, which I mean you maybe they approve a thousand people. I mean, that could add up to a lot of money, right, can they actually turn poker streaming like into a thing again? Can they make that growth come back?
Speaker 2: I think they can. It's just not gonna be over night. It's gonna take a while, right, You're gonna have to get slowly bring these people in, slowly approve them. It's gonna slowly increase streaming traffic. That's going to increase the GG poker traffic, and then it's going to slowly widen out, widen out, widen now, So yes, they can. It's not going to be instantaneous.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: When this news came out, the first thing I did was look to see if that also included WSP dot com same. You know, I did the same. I was like, oh, maybe sort stream. That's exactly what I thought, because I was like, you know, like you know, they say forty average viewers, and you know, if you're not streaming, like you can touch it. If you're not on the streamer, that's easy. But if you're gonna stream six hours, you know, you've got to be entertaining. You got to have you either got to be good at poker or entertaining hopefully both have a good stream, have good quality. That's not easy, right, it's not super tough either. But I think this is a great step forward, you know, and it's a big step forward to try and you know, fix something. And if we're talking about gig you know in general, you know, like you touched on WSP plus app great for the live players here in Las Vegas, you know, when they go to Europe, when they go to Paradise. Now we've got this for for the guys that you know staying in Europe or wherever they are playing online streaming trying to get that Gigi Poker brand out there. They are doing I don't want to say as much as they can, but they're doing quite a lot to really do their part to grow the game. And obviously, you know, what's that saying about the rising tides. You know, a rising tide lifts all boats. Yeah, I think you know, this is kind of one part of it. Now. I've club wpt IF Global Poker, if you know, we talk about the streaming out that's like ask Poker, go Haskasina Live can do all our parts and you know, the whole poker industry could definitely grow and get bigger with you know, positive initiatives like this one. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I agree with you.
Speaker 2: Ultimately.
Speaker 1: I can't say whether I'm like too confident that it's going to work. It might flop, but I do like the thinking here. I think it is pretty innovative, and I do want it to work because ultimately I think that it'll be a good thing for poker, right, I think, just more more poker out there, from content for people to consume, get sucked into the game, all that sort of stuff is just ultimately a good thing. So I'm definitely for this. So we'll see if it works while we'll obviously monitor it and uh you know, we'll check on in on it from time to time, you know. Should we need to quick break here while I tell you that this podcast is also brought to you by True Classic, our friends over at True Classic. As Tim almost falls on his ass over here, the go to for high quality, great fitting men's apparel that won't bank break the bank. Excuse me, tops, bottoms, activewear, all available over at True Classic Teas dot com. This year, True Classic has teamed up with us poker Go and here at the poker Go Studio for something big, an end of year event coming in December, right here at the Pokerro Studio, and you could win your way to play in it. You could win a five thousand dollars package. It includes a b I in thirty three hundred dollars to the tournament, and we are giving away fifteen fifteen one five packages. That's seventy five thousand dollars in packages. All you have to do is go to True Classic Teas dot com slash tcpoker Go and share your story and then you could be one of the fifteen winners coming out to Las Vegas. To chase the dream. So let's go true Classic Teas dot com slash tcpoker go to get your entry in today. All right, you're a neck of the woods kangaroo boy Aussie millions. Yeah, they released a press release they said it's coming back April twenty fourth through May tenth. What the heck do we know? What is happening here?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Is it back as we know it? It's obviously a different timeslot. So tell me, Tell I love Ozias.
Speaker 2: Tell me I love Uzzie million. So I don't know that much. I did have a meeting with them, uh, you know, I wanted to just chat about poker in general. It's obviously been quite a few years since they've been around and the.
Speaker 1: Poker when when was the last year?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the landscape has changed, so you know, they I wanted to give them advice their questions for me. Talked a little bit about streaming, talked a little bit about this and that. Obviously moving to April, that's the biggest that's the biggest change, right, that's the window where the old Victorian Poker Championships used to be the Melbourne Poker Championships prior to that.
Speaker 1: But why I don't understand April.
Speaker 2: Main reason is, you know, January okay, obviously January beautiful time in Australia, great weather, You've got the Australian Poker Open, the Australian Tennis Open, you've got the you got some cricket, You're just great weather, right, But does Crown really need to throw a poker tournament on you know, yes, they have enough going on there, So I think they're just moving in the window. They're moving it down into it maybe like a less busy spot, so we're talking maybe discounted rooms, cheaper rooms for people traveling. Obviously weather's not as great, but hey, you can watch the Muzzi Rules football, so that's that's good enough for me. So I think that's the main reason with moving moving to that window, basically, you know, having availability in the casino in general, when everything else is so busy in that Christmas kind of period. Schedule wise, it's still they've got like a rough template of what they're doing. You know, they're still working stuff out, it's still trying to figure things out. I believe it's going to be you know, the ten k main event again, and they understand that this year is not going to be big. You know, they understand that, hey, we're coming back, but this is the building block for the next year and the next year and so forth, which makes a lot of sense. The one thing that you know, when I talk to them about is just and I'm hoping obviously we don't have a massive audience, but if the people listening at home pass it on, you know that I think of going. The biggest thing that I want to tell people is I think a lot of people are under the wrong impression of the laws and regulations in Australia when it comes to playing. You know, we have heard things where you can only play twelve hours. You know, you could only play two hour hours at a time. Then you have to go to a break. Well, you know, that makes it pretty not fun poker experience, and I don't know how tournaments would ever work. But they inform me that that is actually for cash games and for table games, and it's a thirty I think they said it was thirty six hours you have to put you get a max in a week. So if you're a one two no limit player, two five grinder, you're thinking about traveling in the I was in millions to play cash might not want to do that, you have thirty six hours max. But if you're playing tournaments, no difference, it's no different to what you experienced here in Vegas. They're going to have their normal kind of you know, you twelve to one am kind of tournament times. So if you are a tournament player thinking about going, it's normal. You know, those regulations don't really apply for you. But if you play cash or you want to play blackjack or back road or craps whatever that is, that's where those kind of hour restrictions come in. But for tournaments, completely fine, it's normal. You can go play every event under the sun.
Speaker 1: Just reading from a pokernews dot COM's article, Will Schilbeuer wrote this. He mentioned that the twenty twenty six edition will feature eighteen tournaments, estimated fourteen million AUSY prize school, which is approximately nine million USD and then Bien's are going to rage fifteen hundred OZZY to twenty five thousand. They're going to have the ten thousand, six hundred AUZZY main event, as you mentioned, which is about seven thousand dollars for US at least right now. So yeah, so we'll you know, we'll see how things play out. I freaking love this tournament. I think it's absolutely incredible. I love Australia. I would love to go back for this. Take the pot on the road, Take the Pod on the road. That would be incredible. If Crown will have us, I will freaking be there. Okay, let's freaking go. But yeah, I mean, this tournament is it's always been incredible, you obviously know, and it's it's it's a lot of fun. So I felt like, in a lot of ways is when it went away, you know, we lost one of our majors. Crown Ozzie Million's main event was like always one of the big four or five tournaments in the world. Hopefully it comes back, and also you know, hopefully that they do it right. Yeah, you know, like I you know, so I think they should listen to you. Just do whatever you say, basically, That's.
Speaker 2: What I think. I mean. Yeah, look, I think people have to understand that this is Yeah, they're dipping their foot back in the water. It's it's not going to be thousands and thousands of plays in the main event.
Speaker 1: But what was the biggest one they ever had?
Speaker 2: Do we know, probably in this nine to seventy one.
Speaker 1: No, never got over nine hundred, oh twenty nineteen. So the second to last one, Yeah, they had eight twenty two. Twenty eighteen was eight hundred, then it was eight twenty two, then it was eight twenty.
Speaker 2: I always thought one of my favorite frames out right, it is a freezer.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: One of my.
Speaker 1: Favorite things to like write about and talk about was how whatever the Aussie Millions did, the was main event field size would mirror that for like the longest time. It was like the weirdest thing ever. So you know, because you guys copy us, Yeah, sure, but you know that then they didn't have it for a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, what a freaking tournament. Yeah, I mean I'm looking forward to saying what they put together, like schedule wise, and you know, if you know, if we're involved, who knows, we'll see what kind of happens. But you're looking forward to it finally coming back, and obviously each year is going to keep growing.
Speaker 1: So yeah, let's go. Let's go Australia, baby, come on, baby. I just as we were talking about it, I went to the I went to Ozzie Millions dot com. It rear directed me to the Crown website. Okay, then I clicked about the Auzie Millions discover page. Then it said join our poker community. I clicked that brings me to a Facebook group and I just submitted to enter it. Okay, I'm in, I'm fully back in. I'm fully in.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 1: Let's go. Give me all the freaking Lambington's. And what do I drink for the car? Flat white? No, I don't think short black? Yeah, give me that. Let's go, baby, come on, I'm ready to go. And that sweet money, that's sweet, sweet money. It's incredible. Let's go to Cyprus. ONYX Super high Roller Series a couple events that we want to talk about here. I think this series overall is still going. But they had a ten k buy in what is called the gig Millions.
Speaker 2: I think it's just called the GG millions.
Speaker 1: Five million dollar Guaranteed Prize pill one million dollar first place prize. Uh Moosa Ahmad from Lebanon wins it all for a million dollars, topping a field of five hundred and ten entries. Jamil Wakeel out of Canada. I'm believe he made the final table of VPT money. Carlo also one with the mys click mis click, slow rolled angle, whatever, the heck you want to call it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was that one.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: He finished his second for six hundred and fifty k, big, big tournament here. And then I also want to hit on the fact that Jesse Lonis won the one hundred and two thousand dollars ONYX Super high Roller Series Invitational. He was paired with Johann Gilbert Yo Viral, and I think I saw yo Viral say on social media that he backed Jesse in this tournament for fifty percent of his action. So Lonis won this the minuted deal heads up for one point seventy five million, so I think half of it went to Johann, half of it goes to Jesse. I guess I just wanted to touch on those two winners as a jumping off point. I mean, this series looks like it's the new kid on the block. Well, the fields look big, Yeah, they look juicy. They're getting a lot of big names there. You know, we've seen a lot of the big finish guys are over there now for some of the polo stuff that's happening. I just mentioned Jesse Lonis. I know Nick Shulman is over there, Eric Wasserson, Phil Ivy is in the mix. So yeah, I mean I've they have by ins, like they have that ten k, they have a fifty k, they have one hundred k's like they got all this sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like this is like this series like just has arrived. They're kind of out of nowhere, and it's been good. It's been fun to watch it. It's been fun to follow it. And yeah, I think it's on the map.
Speaker 2: Well it was around last year. It was our series, so it's it's that same window. It's this very similar events. But yes, it's it's more on Expace. It's more it's more linked with you know, with Trenton and GG. But yeah, it's you know, first of all, Cyprus, beautiful hotel, beautiful beach, beautiful pools. There a great venue to go to, great service everything, So I can understand why people are you know, heading there to go play this event. One thing, one event, you can't you know, there's a lot of events. In one event. There was one hundred k PLO that wrapped up two of our kind of PLO regulars, the Tara Guerrero third place Smallly. They made a three way deal Sam Sibila yeah, what did I say? Similarly, yeah, Ben Lamb was at that final table, as were the final table. Trying to think who else Martin Dan was at the final table. All guys that play here in our studio, but one hundred k plow event. What about the phil Ivy He did not final table that but one point nine million there for the first they did it yet, like I said, three way.
Speaker 1: Deal, he's this guy who's in first place, Donnie. Let's see there was another one. Do you see the other one?
Speaker 2: Dubai Dubai police, Yeah, what are we doing? Well? What what?
Speaker 1: What do you That might have been his name? No, there's no shot that was he's like put Dubai Police.
Speaker 2: Yeah probably yeah, but yeah it's from possibly the new high Roller series out there in Cyprus. Good time. People want to get out of Vegas. What do we possibly it for sure? Is well, let's see if they're doing next to you, like you know, but.
Speaker 1: The process that I feel like I saw here Jesse Loan has finished sixth place in his other tournament.
Speaker 2: They've got also the Onyx you know, cash game room, so like I think four or five tables in and that's where they do the live streams from.
Speaker 1: DoD Jesse Loans lose a Coger.
Speaker 2: What the hell He's got angels and gorillas and he's only showed us I never.
Speaker 1: I mean his his his arrival on the content creation scene is certainly entertaining, I'll say that. So so yeah, anyway, you know, I just want to kind of mention the honest Super Highroller series stuff talking about Monarch. I mean, I don't even know where this thing came from. Where you're talking about Monarch versus. Okay, So I started Jungleman two weeks ago somewhere up in Europe, and and they had a two million dollar heads up cash game. Kate's lost, not one, but it came out of nowhere. Yeah, he was like, all of a sudden, I saw like something on like somebody tweeted something and something. I was like, what the hell is happening?
Speaker 2: They come here and he played a heads up match with Cameron mackri or something. I think he lost two million to him, wanted to play again. It was like three am in Cyperci and he's like, no, I gut. So they didn't play. Next night they played Kate's I think Kate's won a million. Then Monarch won a million. Then they played again, Monarch won a million, then they played for three million kates one, then they went to five, and then they got to six. It was just absurdity. And then the next night they played a full ring cash game. Monarch dusted six hundred k pretty quickly.
Speaker 1: I mean, who the hell is Monarch? Nothing against the guy. I just like, it's like out of nowhere. It was like I just saw something on social media. It was like Jungleman's playing Monarch. I was like, who the hell is Monarch?
Speaker 2: He's in you know, he's a Finnish guy. He's like the he owns like an e sports company. He I think he owns.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm assuming se I just always assume Crypto. I just assumed Crypto, you know. And it's just like, what the hell just happened? So he was also very weird to watch them play. I mean I didn't watch the whole thing, but I too go in here and there, but like one part is they're playing this insanely high six matchup, but they had like no chips on the tape. I think that's what they wanted, I know, but it was just weird for a viewing standpoint. And then second, they're like across this massive table. Yeah, and like ninety percent of the time that I was watching Jongleman's on his phone, so it was just confused.
Speaker 2: It was yeah, they're on their phone. That wasn't great, but I mean it was. It was great to wash some of the hands. Monk did this hand where he triple barreled six high and Kate's had I think he had kings up and uh he ended up folding the river. But yeah, crazy action. Yeah, they're on their phones a lot. There wasn't much table talk. They had two dealers. Remember when they did that. It was millions, like fifteen years ago. Remember that one dealer dealing. They had one dealer shuffling, So that was good. They're doing some different swit screens.
Speaker 1: I could have this wrong, but I think Crown was the first to do that, not during Ozzie Millions. Remember they had that speed poker cham Challengexley.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the first use of shot Fox was the speed poker. But look, it was entertaining. Who knows where he gets his money from? Every time they they he lost. He wanted to play bigger, play for side money. Kates wanted odds. He gave him odds. As long as Kate's up the buying from five million to six million, it's giving him three point six million to three million dollar odds. It was like group chats with all these side bets in it and stuff. It was, I don't know, it was. It was pretty crazy. It was enjoyable to watch. I watched ninety percent of it. I think, so very unplanned because even the commentators were just like, yeah, I was on the golf course and I got told that, I.
Speaker 1: Got called on that, you know, I had to just whatever.
Speaker 2: I had to come down and uh and jump in the booth. So they didn't even know what was going on. But it was very entertaining, and I hope we see some more monarch cash games.
Speaker 1: I kind of hope that I was thinking about this too, Like I hope that I hope he just pops up like once every two years, like like he he like he doesn't become a thing, because then it makes it look more special if he's just like this unicorn, like you have no idea what he's gonna pop up. Kind of like at least my memory how I think about isolder. Yeah, before he was Victor Blob, like you never knew when he was gonna play, and then he would just.
Speaker 2: Pop up rail heaven Boom.
Speaker 1: They're going like that's it, you know, like it's like, oh, he's playing Antonio's heads up for a bazillion dollars, Like let's go.
Speaker 2: I uh. We talked a little bit earlier about the High Rolepoker dot com website 'SI Katola. Who is Monarch. He is the very top of the losing leader board. He's last seven ten point four nine two million dollars, so he's the new Guila Liberty in sixteen hours. I'll play now. It doesn't have his win versus Jungle the first win for two million, So let's just interpret this with a grain of salt. He's hourly is negative one million. The next worst loser is that the right next best loser anyway has only last seven points, The next biggest loser, next biggest seven point seven, and if we go to the top, who's down seven points zero ton Zwan. They did an article on him on Poker News literally three days ago about him losing all this money, and then Monarch takes his spuck top Dan Kates fourteen point five million dollars. He's hourly thirty three k it has rankings of how many spots they moved up. He moved up four thousand and ninety five spots on this lead aboard. He's only like forty two players that they're tracking.
Speaker 1: But will they track cash of the Titans.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming so it has high sex poker episodes has no gam when our future has streams, assuming they'll add the Yeah, we'll see where Gavy really sits before we move on.
Speaker 1: I mean I was going to tell you. I was going to say, before we move on, you got something for the people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've got for the people. Got another code word for that. He's got listening at home. We are giving a seat to the million dollar Championship. You can represent the Poco podcast. All you gotta do pgt dot com, slash stream seat. All the promotions are there, but in particular, we have one where you're going to go to gleam. It's like the social media website where you can retweet and follow us and do all these things and earn tickets and we draw a winner a couple months left in that for ten raffle tickets, you got to enter a code word. You can go back less. Some last episodes put in the code word if you want to get those ten tickets. This week's code word, it's fitting. It's Monarch, the new hero in the High Stakes Cash Game World. Monarch m O n A R c H. Put that in. You get ten extra raffle tickets. If you haven't done it before, that's fine. You get tickets for following us, retweeting some PGT tweets, visiting certain pages on our website, and if you go listen to the last five or six pods, you can get those keywords to put them in. But yeah, we're trying to put someone in the PGT Million Dollar Championship. Represent us. Sit against Osmas, you know, Negranu, Fox and the heroes of the PGT hopefully kick them out, knock them out and win the win the PGT Championship for yourself.
Speaker 1: Let's go WSIP Paradise. They dropped their schedule December fourth through eighteenth, down in the Bahamas at the Atlantis Paradise I Island Resorts. I believe that's a couple of days earlier than last year. Maybe I'm wrong there, but that's my recollection. Fifteen Gold Bracelet events. The Super Main Event returns. That's not new news. Of course they did announce that during this summer's was be main event, but it returns with a sixty million dollar guarantee. They said, you know what, fifty wasn't enough. It doesn't matter, We're going to sixty. Let's go baby, I mean wild wild. They also have a two seven hundred and fifty dollars circuit Championship Mystery Bounty with a five million dollar guarantee.
Speaker 2: That's the doc right, that's basically the new teams I think so.
Speaker 1: Yes. That's also the lowest buying on the schedule. Yeah, this is very much made for high buying players, some would say super players. They have the fifty three hundred dollars Super Colossus, and then they have six Triton events, at least that's what I count. Six events had the Triton name in them. So I mean thoughts on the schedule.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, it's very ballsy up in the guarantee after you missed it the year before. But but I thought they made it well with the way they do the numbers. They missed it, how do you know? I think they made it? You know, okay, whatever, they made it, yes, and then they have to still take the fees out after they made it, so it actually went under. So that's ambitious, but good on them putting more money in the community. This is, without doubt a high roll or only series, and that's fine if that's what they're targeting. I get it. You got all these big buying events, lots of entries, lots of re entries. You know, it's a very expensive trip, you know, chasing bracelets. You talk about that twenty seven hundred dollars circuit event. If you know, I know, you do win a package, right if you qualify? Is that enough if you're a circuit grinder, because you can't if you're you know, let's talk about these circuit grinders. Ninety eight percent of them. This is a big mind, twenty seven hundred dollars, right, they play a lot smaller. They're grinders. They're playing the four hundreds, the six is, the eight hundreds, you know, et cetera. So will they decide to go there to play you know, a mistery bounty event, knowing that they probably can't really play anything else, or will they give that up to possibly play something with more value to them, maybe here in Las Vegas. So it is what this schedule is it's built for high rollers. I hate it. On what I don't like it? It's high it's a high roller Braces series.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I don't I don't mind that. I feel like I feel like there is certainly appetite in the market, there is this sort of stuff. There is the part I don't like. I mean, I understand why they did it, but I personally just don't think that they need to do it. Like I don't think you need to partner with Triton. I think the Dubasby brand itself is big enough. Like so I I just I would do this on my own, Like I think you can do it on your own.
Speaker 2: I think you didn't have a Trent event, you know, I guess they lost them, says if we didn't have the Trent and would we still get the same numbers in those high roles. Does having that try and brand bring some of those real try and loyalists, you know, out to play this event? And possibly?
Speaker 1: I mean, I think I think a lot of those Triton players would love to come to the disipy in the States, but for various reasons they don't, largely taxes and stuff. But this is the Bahamas so I think that they would probably go down here and play. So I mean, I mean, maybe you lose a percentage of them, but I still think you would get enough. I also think that if you just did a lot of qualification to all these different buyings on the GG poker platform, which I'm sure they do any of, yes, but like you're going to get a lot of those guys that are playing there that are like, Okay, you know, I'll take some shots and win. Maybe I went into this hundred care or whatever.
Speaker 2: So I still wish this was just I know there's a little battle going on. I just really wish this was in January different time, you know, because we're going to probably touch on a little bit the win that the WBT World Championship here for sure to win. But don't forget one of the biggest stops in Europe is running at the same time as this EPT Prague, and that had I believe, record breaking numbers. Right. Is that back? Yeah? I have it on my schedule. I just I just.
Speaker 1: I can't remember if it's been back or now. I mean it's probably back, but yeah it is. I have some of the December third through fourteenth. I just don't like the BATTLEPT.
Speaker 2: You know, there's when you're talking about fifty K buying, twenty five K, bye hundred K buyings. It's a very small play pool. And you know you have these events on at EPT Prague. They have a fifty K super high roller, they have a ten K ten K high roller, and they have five k Maine. You know, you've got the win. Whatever they're going to be doing, it's really stretching that playpool out. So just if this was November, if this was January, if this is a different time, you can have one hundred percent of the market share and then you can have your staying high buying events. You could also probably have another twenty lower buying events and really make this, you know, a second World series outside of Vegas. So that's my only really grap about this. But look, people are going to go there because they want to play big, they want to win a lot of money, they want to chase bracelets. I just think they're leaving a lot of fat in the barn by making these buyings so big and picking these exact dates.
Speaker 1: I like the fact that they're skewing the buying higher, you know, I think that that's clearly what this series is made for, and then because of that, I probably wouldn't have this twenty five hundred, Like I just like I just wouldn't, you know, I would probably have nothing lower than a ten k, Like I would have a few ten k's on the schedule. You obviously have the twenty five k super main event, and then you know, do whatever you want for a fifty k, s, hundred k's, et cetera.
Speaker 2: But I feel like.
Speaker 1: The the twenty five hundred Circuit Championship, I mean, that's square peg round hole like it Like that's doesn't fit. Like obviously this is clearly, at least to me, a high roller series, So why are you then inviting that that down there? I think you can do that elsewhere. Like I just always still feel like that Circuit Championship should like be during the summer. That's when everyone is in Vegas.
Speaker 2: You're going to get the biggest numbers, like et cetera.
Speaker 1: Like most eyeballs are on you know, celebration of it, blah blah blah. Yeah so yeah, so I mean, but I like the fact that they go, you know, fully high roller with it. I mean, I think this is clearly catered towards ones like specific player. Basically it's it's the high roller and that's fine. You know. They basically are like, Okay, this is that this little like narrow path that we're going down with this, and that's what it's going to be.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I will say that, and I will say like, this is also why and I advocated for this last year. I think WPT for their December stuff should go a bit the other way like where I say that in my opinion wy Paradise, or at least my thought right now, is that they should have the lowest buying be ten k. Yeah, WPT World Championship. I feel like the highest buying should be the ten K World Championship and everything else should be between like five hundred to five thousand. And like you you try and go for that market, right and you also another like another piece of the market that I think WPT World Championship like can go for and I think they do try and go for it is the mixed game crowd, because there's no mixed games on the the Paradise schedule, right. I know they had the one well I know they had the one.
Speaker 2: Was it an eight game? I think they have it so.
Speaker 1: They do the eight game mix, it's ten K buying, but wasn't that twenty five K last twenty that's the one Walterson one deal is choice.
Speaker 2: And they couldn't make a deal his choice because they didn't have all the games.
Speaker 1: So I find that interesting that that's like I would I would, honestly if I was as I would just throw it out out, like what's the point, you know, I don't think that that even matters, right, yeah, I mean unless you're gonna have more of them to draw on more of that crowd. I just don't even think that that's like, just have a ten G six hundred plo, ten K six hred half and half five car po out whatever, you know, something like that, and then you know again. WPT who they announced their dates for December second through twenty second, and then they don't have like specific dates to the tournaments. They don't have the full tournament schedule, but they did say that the ten four hundred dollars WPT World Championship will have three starting flights starting on December thirteenth. The WPT Prime Championship has four starting flights and that's gonna start on December seventh, So I'm also curious, you know, what does the WPT do because two years ago, Kurt right, they did the forty million. Yeah, and then that's kind of what sparked this whole thing. Oh, you're gonna do forty million, We're gonna do fifty million. You know, they missed the forty million. Now w SP's over here going, not only did we do fifty, we're going to go to sixty. Okay, WPT ditch their guarantee entirely.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: They did do very well on the turnout for that event, even without a guarantee, right, I think that they did better than I thought they would do. So that's a win in my opinion for the WPT. They got what two thousand I think it was, yeah, twenty three hundred and ninety two, which I think is freaking incredible for a ten K, especially with no guarantee. I am curious to see if they do it without a guarantee, Like, do we start to see this this downward trend. I'm always big on like, you know, don't freak out after like one instance of something, But if you start seeing trends, that's when you start like being.
Speaker 2: Like, okay, so well the thing.
Speaker 1: But also last year is they even though they didn't have the guarantee, they had that five million dollar free roll. So like like, we haven't heard it anything about a free role, So like what are they?
Speaker 2: What are they?
Speaker 1: What is their pop? What is like this is our shiny object?
Speaker 2: What is it? Yeah, I mean we have to see Obviously we're talking August right now. It's we don't know where that sweepsakes market's going to be in December, right, so that's going to matter a lot. You have to remember you said there's no guarantee on that event, but there was in a way a million dollar guarantee because they gave a hundred seats out for that event. I mean, that's something guarantee, something guarantee. But you know that number includes one hundred extra players. I was one of them that want to say, sure that one.
Speaker 1: Hundred may But what I'm saying, we haven't heard any of that stuff. True, true, But I'm just at some point you have to start marketing that. I mean it is almost going to be September.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would say that if I was to guess, they would maybe do something very similar. I don't think we'll see guarantee. It's more of a question of what will will there be some kind of five million dollar free role promotion kind of effort around that, I would say that if without that, I would say that the numbers will most likely be very similar or even more. You know, I think I think Paradise is a little stay off for some people. So I see people don't going. I think you can still go to Paradise, come back. We you know, we talked to Jeremy Osmas. You know, he was at my that my main event table that day, and he goes, yeah, I was sick of it. I had to come back. I think we'll see a bit of that. You know, we mentioned it last week, but we got to talk about the bitcoin price. You know, that will affect things a little bit too. So yeah, I would think that people would prefer to congregreatee here. You know, we're going to throw in whatever Ari is doing. You know, they did something new last year for December. I'm going to say that they're doing something this year that will contribute to people wanting to come here and turn December into a mini summer right where you know, everyone's got competing things. We're gonna have win we can have you know, we can have the MGM properties. You know, you can get a lot of value. We should have PGT. We do have PGT events called the PGT Rags Riches. We should have PGTREGT. We should, but it's too hot.
Speaker 1: You're too much of a knit.
Speaker 2: Not a knit. You're a knit. Not a knit, You're a knit. It's just in the schedule for it.
Speaker 1: Yes, there is. You know what we should do. I know exactly what we should do. We should have like five twenty five case what dice whenever the win is, whenever the wind is running some fifteen hundred.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they they're smart enough.
Speaker 1: Tene you You are in no way, shape or form scared to do ten k's and fifteen k's when the regular World Series of.
Speaker 2: Poker is running, says everyone's here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and enough people will be here that will want to come play a twenty five k nothing less than a twenty five kids, I'll have like four or five twenty five case.
Speaker 2: I think it's the user. It's the user. But yeah, I'm going to bet it goes up. We really have to see what happens.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say it dips slightly. And I say that because I mean minimum dips slightly. I think that's the biggest barometer in poker.
Speaker 2: Sure, but we had travel regulations and all kinds of other issues with them. Also.
Speaker 1: Listen, I know you can say that that people have soured a little bit on going to the Bahamas in Paradise, and I have heard the same things. Yeah, it is ten million dollars more. Guaranteed, they got to get people from somewhere. They gotta put them in.
Speaker 2: You gotta put up twenty five k.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they said they're going to qualify a thousand people. How much those people got to qualify from somewhere?
Speaker 2: How much does the rule changes that they made last year annoy people that were there where they're like, I'm not going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure, I'm sure, I'm sure there's some of that. Yes, but I'm saying, remember, remember they're still going to cram people in via satellites. And maybe those people because there was enough internationals that came to the win in December, maybe those like and maybe maybe in you know, last year, maybe they came because let's say they didn't win a package. They tried to win a package, right, and they just didn't win one. So they're like, Okay, whatever, I'll go to the win, you know, not a big deal. I'm kind of over the Bahamas anyway, I'll go to the win. It's not as expensive to go to Vegas versus going to Atlantis, Like, okay, I'll just go to the win. What if they end what if those people end up winning a package? Right, Like, I'm just like, I don't know. I just think it's gonna be like I think we're gonna see something similar in the Bahamas where they're basically like right at sixty million for the prize Bowl, like once again, just like they were basically right at fifty million dollars, right, So maybe if they take the fees out, they dip below it whatever, like, but I don't think they're gonna like, I mean, I maybe they will, but I don't think they're gonna like get seventy five million in the prize I go out of nowhere. I think it's gonna be like very close to sixty. And then I think WPT is probably gonna be like twenty two hundred, which is like not even like that big of a dip. So it's it's whatever. I'm more curious as it relates to the WPT, like I almost don't like I guess this is probably a bad way to phrase it, but I just almost don't care about the World Championship, Like iow it just be like I think. I know, it's obviously big and it's great whatever, but I don't know. I like big shiny objects, man, So like when you had a big guarantee on it, it was just a shiny object to me. To me, did I play it last year? I did not play it last year. I did not play it last year because I did not like the fact that I didn't have a guarantee. I thought that that would play into the fact that it made the tournament a little bit harder because you don't you don't have to cram in a bunch of qualifiers.
Speaker 2: They crammed me in then and my money way.
Speaker 1: And honestly, I did think it was somewhat difficult, like more difficult than than I would have liked to if I'm gonna, you know, stretch myself for a ten K. Now I am one hundred and sixty third best player in the world, so maybe I will try and come back.
Speaker 2: You should you should make yeah, And I did.
Speaker 1: I did cash that tournament once. I can't remember what place was that two hundred and something something?
Speaker 2: This is you know once that once it's vent Ron's. That's this is the new one chance. I think I'm up in ten k events, so you have to defend your one hundred and sixty third place. I should look at that up. If I'm up in ten ks, how many events you pay? Just do a simple map. You made four men cash and you're basically even there two No, no you you played?
Speaker 1: I played one. I played one w PT for sure. I can't remember I played the second year? Did I? Ye? I had to because it went it went, yeah, because I I cashed the first year. It was small mine in ten case, Yeah, I'm winning, crushing life, crush, but you know, absolutely crush.
Speaker 2: You have to defend you one hundred and sixty third place in this event because this is the World Championship.
Speaker 1: Look up when I cashed another one?
Speaker 2: Why you have to defend you? That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You got to defend the reason why I say that. Listen, I know people are going to get mad the way phrase it, but whatever, I don't care. I think the big shiny object for the WPT World Championship schedule is the WPT Prime Championship, Like that, to me is the big shiny object. That's the one where it's eleven d by in right, so there's eleven hundred, right, and it gets ten thousand people, Like it's freaking ridiculous. That's the one where like you can send press releases out afterwards because it's like this is the record setter for this and that like that's the one to me, you know, So like I just feel like that because they took away from the WPT World Championship. Yes I know it got almost twenty four hundred entries, Yes I get it, but ultimately you scaled it back quite a bit. Like I just, to me, the WPT Prime Championship is whereas at. So that's why I say that, like I would kind of build the schedule around that type of player versus trying to build the schedule around the ten KWPT World Championship. Would I would still have that, of course, and it would be the headliner, you know, or one of the focal points, right the cap on it all, But I would focus on like again the five hundred dollars buy into the five k buy in price point. I would focus on a lot of mixed games, and I would try and cram basically every circuit mid May major grinder into Las Vegas in December.
Speaker 2: That's my goal.
Speaker 1: Would look at WSP and I would say, listen, you guys can have the high rollers. That's totally fine. We can all co exist here. And if I was WSP, which I think WSP did a good job of, I would say you can have all the you know, mid stakes type of players, which I think WSP for the most probably I know they have that circuit championship, yes, but for the most part, everything else is big, big buy and stuff. Right, So it's like we're over here, you guys can be over there and we can all co exist and poker in general can just be very good in the month of December in both places right now. Yes, there is gonna be some some people like I mean Jerry Ausma's just because you mentioned him, he's like someone who you know, I know what he said. He might not go back there, but maybe maybe he gets pulled back there. Yeah, right, and he's gonna be one of those guys who's like probably in the middle. Like, there are some of those guys that are like I could go here because I can obviously play big, or I can go here and I can you know, play maybe with some weaker competition, bigger fields and whatever, get my you know, my bang for the buck that way. So I think it's going to be interesting turn the thirty fourth place, by the way, in the WPT World Championship, my first ever PGT cash. You have two, No, I do have two.
Speaker 2: No I should I should be in the PGT Hall of Fame. Not yet. So yeah, So I just I think it's interesting that.
Speaker 1: We've heard a lot from w SP and we haven't heard much from WPT, And I mean that's probably orchestrated in that WPT is probably waiting see what they announced, see what they come with, blah blah blah, and then we're going to announce our stuff. There might also be some stuff that you mentioned where like they need to see how the sweepstakes landscape shakes out a little bit more right, and then they're gonna figure things out. But but yeah, I would think if you're going to do any sort of big guarantee, you you have to just be you have to be qualifying people.
Speaker 2: It has to be out there. So you know, I'm not gonna go to the Hamas.
Speaker 1: I'm in Vegas is my backyard, so I'm going to be at the win, right, So I hope they bring a lot, you know, I'm very much looking forward to it. I haven't think you could do something like and I've said this before and I've worked with the WPT and the kind of looked at me like I was crazy when I was in the office and I brought this idea up. But what if you did the first ever WPT Main Tour PLO title thirty three hundred or like a five K buy in in make it big. I think you go like thirty five to five K, and I think you put like a five million guarantee on it, and that's your freaking shiny object. I would say that, like for the WPT World Championship, you should basically have like four major titles. I think that they considered the Prime, the WPT Prime as a major in their mind. Okay, so I think that's one of the four, the WPT Prime Championship. Okay, you obviously have the WPT World Championship. I think you add this a PLO championship, first ever one banging guarantee, let's go. I think you could also do like just like a like another like like a thirty five hundred five million guarantee or something similar to remember when Seminole did they had like they had in the same series, the WPT. They had the Ryan Reese I think won the ten k. Yeah, that's right, they had like the thirty three, and then they had the ten k and they were both main tour titles.
Speaker 2: Like why couldn't you do that? Yeah, you could do that.
Speaker 1: You know, so you could have the the eleven hundred dollars prime, you could have a thirty three hundred dollar PLO championship first ever, and then you can have a thirty three hundred dollars WPT Main Tour Championship like both of those thirty three hundred five million dollar guarantee, I mean, go nuts, and then you have the ten.
Speaker 2: K as the kapper. Yeah, I'm in.
Speaker 1: I'm in solve your problem. Where do I send the invoice? What Savage's email.
Speaker 2: Savage Parker gilt com. Probably, I mean that that's probably probably is a good guess or poker TDA or Savage at TDA dot com was only on whatever, who cares.
Speaker 1: We'll just we'll just send him our invoice. But I think that that would be legit. Know, I think that. I think that PLO is here. It deserves a freaking WPT Main Tour title. Let's go if you want to go buck wild, you just had the WPT Prime PLO Championship as well.
Speaker 2: That that would make sick.
Speaker 1: Actually yeah, but why can't they have one of each both? That's what I mean. Then you get a five like five like headlining trophy events like those are your five? Yeah, Like that's it, the best five. That's the win, the win at the win for the w PT. How the win wins, that's how the win wins. Well, the win is winning. I don't think the win is losing. Okay, So yeah, all right, cool, that's I think that's all we got. We went for almost two hours. Holy hell, Rich Ryan's gonna kill us.
Speaker 2: Get ready for my big drive to go win some football trophies. Football. Good.
Speaker 1: Look, I saw you want a piece of wood. That was great.
Speaker 2: That's actually pretty cool, Chevy. It looked like a piece of wood. It's stumptown throw down in paul and in the forest, Like I thought it was a cool trophy. All right, whatever, I'll take any trophy it is. I wasn't you know. He's the funny thing that like, are you going to enter this contest? It was the longest kid contest. My team was like, you need to enter your win. I'm not entering unless it's a trophy. And then they showed me the trophy and I was like, I'm in and I what did I do with my wedding? It's on my finger, it's on it on the ground's respectful.
Speaker 1: All right, we're gonna get out of here for Tim Duckworth. My name is Donny Peters and we'll talk to you guys next time.
Speaker 2: So yeah,