Speaker 1: You're watching Chewing the Cud with Missed Kinsman and Mike Ben and Room.
Speaker 2: Don't you do this to me again? I saw TikTok. Hello, welcome to Chewing the Cards. What what do you mean you saw? Tick? I saw exactly what you put me having a aneurysm from laughing too much. You called me the C word on that I did. I did, which we won't put on TV anyway. What have you actually got for us today, Mike?
Speaker 1: Well, I have a story about a Scandinavian country that wants something to be significantly longer. And then we have a childhood mystery exposed in that science size, and we.
Speaker 2: Even have a game to play in our Game of the Week. But on screen, now you see our social media contact information just look for at the Cud TV and as the names of.
Speaker 1: People have reached out along the bottom of the screen, we're go's a mist and the showbiz.
Speaker 2: Hello, right, are you ready for some celebrity show BUSINWS? No, well, then the show is going to be cut short? Okay? Then okay, right, So did you realize Justin Bieber and Jaden Smith our friends. I can see that being a thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, apparently they've been friends for a good ten years or so, because I've grown up at the same sort of time in the industry, so I can see that exactly.
Speaker 2: Well, apparently they collaborate club collab if I can say that word. Apparently they collaborated back in twenty ten for The Karate Kids because Bioble was doing the soundtrack and that was his first film, wasn't it. Okay, Yeah, so they've known each other for a while. Well, Coachella is on, and but hanging out there as people of that age will do and having a good time. People of all the ages go to Coachella. Well, yes, that's it's I always see as like a thing for that age group. Younger children. Younger children, they're well in their twenties. Now, Justin Bieber is not in his thirties at all. Twenties Is it his twenties? He must be in his twenties. He's not. He's not still a teenager. It's thirties. How the is he in his thirties? No? No, no, no, no, yeah, I don't. I don't like that in his thirties. Yeah, I don't agree with that. That that's not true. It's traffic. It's in fact we're if Trump can rearrange reality, I can as well. Was lying to you. He's still a tadpole. It's nineties, was the only last week and none of this is true. Okay, yeah, so Jaden Smith's twenty five.
Speaker 3: Oh god, you can shut up now. These are children adults anyway. Anyway, they're friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they are Jella, Yes, they are friends. And they've gone to Coachella. Okay.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, when you're a little bit drunk and you're having a little bit of fun, sometimes you might, you know, if you're close with somebody approached.
Speaker 2: Them in a certain way, fun and friendly. Okay, So Jade and Smith comes up to Bieber. It's all captured on Instagram, on Facebook, you know, the social things, and people have been chatting about it because it looked a bit fruity. That's just bottoming, I think. See.
Speaker 1: I have friends that come up and hug me like that too. Yeah, and it's just a hug.
Speaker 2: It is just a hug. Well, to be fair, it's followed up by a little peck on the cheek.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So the whole thing was yeah, there we go. See that's a See his hand isn't on his back side, so it's not it's not sexual.
Speaker 2: Well, I've got straight friends that cut my bum. It's not well kissing you well, yeah, if it's only like a peck on the cheek that's in his ear only because they know that it makes me uncomfortable when the straight makes do it, you say uncomfortable. No, no, I don't. I've got that. They're firmly in the friend zone, so I don't like them doing it. But yeah, it's it's nothing, is it.
Speaker 1: It's just it's it's just got that man in the background is enjoying them new But it's just friends being friends.
Speaker 2: A bit of top Obviously, Jaden Smith played about with sexuality a lot in the social media open.
Speaker 1: Honest exploration of their own identity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, let them get on with it. But obviously there's trolls in chat rooms and they've started using up go as like a slur. I remember remember it was when we were kids. Stilly is now really But it's just well, even if they were, it doesn't matter. Let them get on with it, like it's it would make a cute couple, absolutely, But yeah, and there's lots of things going on with for Justin Bieber at the moment with accusations and things and stuff like that, but it's just like, for goodness sake, makes be mates. Yeah, it's it's not news. I know we're covering it as news, but it's not news. Just let people be friends. So that's that. Onto more TV stuff, Okay, because I believe you're a fan of Bridgeton. I do enjoy Bridgington. It's a you know, a bit of a bit of period drama, a bit of period drama. Okay, it's coming back. I know. I'm very excited Season three is going to be coming out now. I've not really actually watched it very much, that's okay. I don't engage with it. Part of it is because it doesn't really have any appeal for me because there's no gay love stories on it. Okay, there are in my mind. Well, there's there's been some accusations about them doing a bit of queer baiting because I think when The Trainers came out for the first season, there was some very prominent couple, couple of people cooking it up, suggesting that there's a gay love storyline going on. Turns out there were just background actors in a throwaway scene, so, you know, it's okay, two seasons. It's meant to be about sexual liberation in that period and no homos.
Speaker 1: Well, some of the bits have been of some of the life storyline, you go, is that a bit suffik on some of them, but it's never actually said.
Speaker 2: This is actually exactly so all the accusations of queer baiting. If you're kind of do it, just do it, do it.
Speaker 1: And there's gay actors in there. There's Jonathan Bailey and there's Nicola Coughlin who's played lesbian and dairy girls.
Speaker 2: But no, no, apparently that's going to change. So if you're looking forward to season three, We're coming, Puffs will be on Bridgiiton.
Speaker 1: Well, I've heard looking forward to season three because we're coming, We're coming.
Speaker 2: Oh, Bridgton's on. Well. I used to be like spartacaus Blood and Sand never made it through an episode. I love that show.
Speaker 3: Do you enjoy a good soap wedding, A soapy wedding, A soap wedding, Yeah, weddings on soaps?
Speaker 2: Ok? Yeah, serialized dramas. Really watched that many soaps? Not a fan of Marmadale, EastEnders, Corey.
Speaker 1: I've not watched Emmadale since it was Emmadelle Farm and Amos was in it. Okay, and for those of you that were born after the year nineteen eighty nine, you have no idea.
Speaker 2: What I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: My grandparents used to be in the so so I used to watch them a lot, but I'm not I've never really been into it. I like the occasionally stand as me mey thing like can of mapab but I like, but not watching a whole episode.
Speaker 2: Well, when soaps go big, like at Christmas or for some big celebrations, they really go big, Okay. And typically some soaps that's when a wedding occurs, and there'll be a natural disaster or an ex wife turns up and they're still married. You know, all that kind of stuff. Airplane crashing into a village, it's nowhere near in airport. Yeah, oh I remember that. That's that's that's that lives red free in my brain forever. Anyway, sometimes they can be used for force for good. Okay, this time we're we're getting a wedding in Emma Dale and it's going to be Landmark TV.
Speaker 1: Okay, because the person getting married is one of our own. It's a transactor call.
Speaker 2: Yes, So The actor is called Ash palm Misco or let me say if I can get that pronounced Palmsiciano. I think that's how it's pronounced. Okay, cool, handsome chat And they play a character called Matty Barton. Now you remember like Kylie and Jason.
Speaker 4: That's like that was like a big wedding exactly, but this one's going to be land a landmark moment because both they and the character they play is trans and actually they it's because there's very little representation of trans especially positive representation.
Speaker 2: This is a big moment.
Speaker 1: I think it's an amazing moment for Emmadel to actually do a trans wedding, So the.
Speaker 2: First one in British sup history. Yes exactly. That's why it's Landmark TV. And they've put everything into it, like I've read interviews and they've really dedicated, they're looking forward it, they're putting the best performance. They are a Shakespearean level actor. They've performed.
Speaker 1: They've been the first transactor to work at the Royal Shape well as far as we know, in its history, the Royal Shakespeareactor exactly. Rush Socio Company was always a little bit gender fluid. Yeah, yes, and it was that only had men playing women parts for a.
Speaker 2: Long long time.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but well done Emmadale for just showing human beings in a human being way.
Speaker 2: And it's a large mainstream audience. I think it's very very important that they're on there perfect also more than them.
Speaker 1: And that's all from the show biz's that miss always nice to end on a positive note for our trans siblings.
Speaker 2: You're welcome, but stick around now as it's Mike in the buzz. You're watching chewing the cud with Mist and Mike. Now let's go deep into the horrible Worldwide Web and see what Mike has found in the buzz mostly lovely things, to be fair. Really, yeah, it's not a horrible place. We don't go to the dark web.
Speaker 1: I go to the Weka, which is where it gets a little bit fruitier, but without the stabby stabby.
Speaker 2: Oh no, we don't.
Speaker 1: We don't like the stabby stabby.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: The first one is about what's been nicknamed the Fantasy House, right or Ron's Place in Birkenhead.
Speaker 2: Have you heard of this place?
Speaker 1: I've not heard about Ron's Place when I when I first got told about this this place, and right I went, are you sure this isn't mist's house because it's it's literally a gentleman called Ron Getting's who was in Birkenhead, who died in twenty nineteen, right when the council went in to take back possession of his flat, went oh my goodness, what has he done to this flat?
Speaker 2: Well? How did he do? Right? Was there a sex dungeon in the cellar? Is that why you thought it was mine? No, because it was a.
Speaker 1: Flat that don't have cells and flats.
Speaker 2: It's actually is made the whole house of fantasy land.
Speaker 1: Okay, so things like he has got a fire that's got a bull's head and the.
Speaker 2: Fires in the mouth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's it's to the point where the National Trust I have really pronounced the tea on it, because natural trust is a different thing. National Trust have turned and said this needs to be great, two listed right, and so giving it listed status.
Speaker 2: Okay, we've got a couple more pictures of it.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's the bathroom that had fallen into a bit of disrepair.
Speaker 2: But yeah, he's not had a bath in there.
Speaker 1: The toy that looks pristine though, yes, so this is because he was having worked on the stuff when he died. So it's things that he'd done. A seascape in the bathroom. Yeah. We also have a picture of his his dining room, Wow, lion's head with the fire in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And all this is hand painted right, The sculptures and stuff that is made actual art itself, he has all done by hand.
Speaker 2: I really envy that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I also did a couples of others rooms as well, and the murals were carried on in different parts of the room, even to the ceiling.
Speaker 2: Wow, painted it all by hand.
Speaker 1: So it's a it's a really good Yeah, it's been given Grade two listed status.
Speaker 2: Not surprised. It's absolutely amazing.
Speaker 1: Because he's spent his entire life working on it. Yes, I've been living in the house flat the flat for thirty years and it was about the entire thirty is making it like this, and his friends the family said it. You know, it changed over the years as well, so he updated it. So's other things below it. But they've given it listed to status, so it's there forever and been preserved for all time.
Speaker 2: Perhaps so. My first proper career job was doing street theater and I moved into this house called one O one. It was nowhere near on this scale at all, but lots of murieals, lots of paper. The landlady Sue, who's still a very dear friend. Her current house has just got beautiful paintings all over. There's just like vines going up the staircases. It's all handpag nowhere near on this scale.
Speaker 1: But that house got closed down and they all left it and it's st been turned into student flats. So I'm really glad that this person's had their legacy preserved because that's it's just stunning to me.
Speaker 2: I just I love it. I think who needs more magnolia walls? Me?
Speaker 1: To be honest, I would I would probably stay there if as a B and B for a night.
Speaker 2: Why I could not live there? I love it? Well, moving on. You have a bath in your bedroom? I do have a bath in my bedroom, because.
Speaker 1: You believe it's in nineteen seventies. Do you have a rubber duck in your bath?
Speaker 2: I don't have a rubber duck. No, because I'm not a child. Say that now.
Speaker 1: So this is the story about the little rubber ducky that could. Okay, okay, So this rubber ducky was released as part of a world record record attempt that released one hundred and fifty thousand rubber ducks into the sea.
Speaker 2: OK, so not great for the environment.
Speaker 1: Total we went man gives a chance, Right, This rubber duck managed to get from Dublin to Scotland right over the course of eighteen years. Yeah, a little rubber duck that went basically it was released as part of this big record attempt and traveled over four hundred miles around the north of the UK.
Speaker 2: Well, how do we know that's the route? If it took eighteen years, it could have dipped over to America and come back. It's on the World Tour. Yeah, it's gone to America. It's gone down the Grand Canal, it's gone down a Ribbon Nile. You'd never know an eighteen years unless it had GPS so you could track it. Did it? No? I didn't have, so you only know where it set off and where it ended up. You don't know how it got there. You're just presuming it bobbed it. I would have thought he got there. Question, I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't draw the map, so I'm saying I did it traveled for at least I mean the Royal Royalty off with his head head right, you old queen.
Speaker 2: Who you call it old? Right?
Speaker 1: So two thousand and five it went around and it was found by a thirteen year old boy and his dog who are out walking on the beach.
Speaker 2: Which I thought was brilliant.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, there's a little rubber ducky that could miss smile. It's like, well, we do have the duck race in Manchester, don't we, But we don't release them into the sea where they can kill tolls.
Speaker 2: Well where did they get do they managed to capture them all before they go out to They all released into an actual river that does go through the sea. Yeah, but they're caught at the end.
Speaker 1: They fence off because you don't want lots of plastic ducks ending in the sea because that's littering.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but two thousand and five, different time. Wow. Yeah, And if you.
Speaker 1: Like to release things into the sea that you know, really you shouldn't, why not share that with us?
Speaker 2: We are at the cod.
Speaker 1: TV on social media and that brings us nicely to our story of the week. You're an honorary Northern, aren't you. Oh yeah, yeah, adopted, thoroughly adopted. Have you ever heard the phrase have you got your time on your cock? What does that mean to you? That means to me a very old and funny justperk at her.
Speaker 2: Its sketch. Okay to me. The time? What's the time?
Speaker 1: Well, this is the Norwegians who have decided that they want more time on their clock because they've petitioned that the rest of the world will allow them to have a new time zone which has thirteen hours on the clock.
Speaker 2: It's a twenty six hour day.
Speaker 1: Why pretty much all of those hours are dark anyway.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing.
Speaker 1: What they've said is it would encourage people to have more of a family focused time. Okay, Okay, the hours would be a little bit shorter. Okay, So they're not going to go wildly, I think. But the tan said that, Look, we think that if we had a short twenty six hour day, it would encourage people to spend time with their family and go out when it's light.
Speaker 2: So it's not that they're trying to put more time in the day, it's just how they're chopping that time exactly. Okay, Okay.
Speaker 1: When asked about what impacts they think that could have and travel and that sort of thing, they've gone.
Speaker 2: I said, okay, so how else do you think you could.
Speaker 1: Implement it, and it's just an idea we've had because it's not the entirety of Norway. It's one particular region of Norway that want this. Okay, it's the northern area of Norway that want it. So the ones that's close to the North Pole, the ones that get the longest summer of the dad shorts winters, and it's that we want.
Speaker 2: We just want.
Speaker 1: It happens to have been brought out by a mayor who may or may not be up for re election, and it's great.
Speaker 2: You can't really see that being a vote winner. Really Apparently it's doing. It's very popular.
Speaker 1: Wow, an idea, but when people are being asked, so what does that mean, he is gone, So there's not much hope of it getting through.
Speaker 2: See. I lived in Finland for a little bit, so I've experienced the twenty three hours worth of darkness and an hour's worth the sun and flips it. Yeah, someone don't get dark and it was just really settled me out. I loved it. Settled me out. Yeah, I didn't like I was going to sleep at the right time, having a full night sleep, waking up at the right time inside like you know, as you go from light to dark, and it just screwing up your body clock and don't make you wait, oh, just it does. Mine not always awake up five in the morning. Well, I'm always awake at five o'clock in the morning. But that's because a cat. He's nibbling at my toes. Okay, yeah, aggressive pussy waking up, pussy wanting feeding in the morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wake up at five in the morning and get up and do things, do stuff like a nap afterwards. Well, what I thought it was interesting about this entire thing is the fact that it's not thought about anyone that going why do we not just ask? And so they have put in the formal petition to create its new time zone.
Speaker 2: To who who's in Greenwich? It's not Greenwich, it's just the time zone Greenwich, Yes, but Greenwich. It's it's the UN and all that sort of thing that they have to agree with. I don't think are in charge Greenwich is in charge of time. No it's not. There's there's no UN Department of time. There's a Greenwich Department of time.
Speaker 1: And yeah, there's a Greenwich Department of time.
Speaker 2: They invented time.
Speaker 1: They didn't invent time in Greenwich. Time has always been a thing. It was standardized in Greenwich. Yes, right, And they had.
Speaker 2: A conversation with a couple of other nations, all.
Speaker 1: Proveniently in Europe, and when we should have a time zone that's set here because there's a meridian in Paris as well, because a time zone it was in Parison.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's where it was collaborated and determined, doesn't it in Greenwich.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and agreed that it was going to be there was going to be the life. I've never heard of anything like that being agreed in the UN or that they're having a specific function about about that. But they've got to ask someone about the kind of create a time zone.
Speaker 2: No you can't. So you go talk to Greenwich like talking to a child. But that's all from the Buzz this week. Thank you, Mike. I love it when I break your brain. Stick around as we have coming up our game to play in Game of the Week, welcome back, and yes you're fortunate enough to be watching Chewing the Cuds. So now we're going to play a game called Mighty Interesting. And this one is for the man who once accidentally ate all the snacks that we're supposed to be for the studio. You ate all the snacks. I was hungry, and I don't day of the week. I have some factoids. Factoids, well, I have some factoids that I've been opposed to you as questions. Okay, So.
Speaker 1: In the US, approximately how many people identify as being gay and or lesbian? Oh?
Speaker 2: How many people are in those countries in the US. That's one country? Well, yeah, how many people are in that one country? More than one less than a trillion? Mm hmm. I'm going to say, well, accept a percentage. I could give a percentage, I would. I would say that it is.
Speaker 1: Seven percent one percent, Okay, actually eight point eight ooh, I wasn't far off.
Speaker 2: That's mighty interesting. It is.
Speaker 1: That is just the people that they identify as gay and lesbian instant clear I'm bisexual and that sort.
Speaker 2: Of thing, which I think is a bit of a shame. But they're still interesting, not all the closset cases. So it's probably a lot lot.
Speaker 1: More like the people I've thought pose the question of people that identify as a lot of people that keep it quick. So in the US, we're going to stay in the US, we stay at the pond, right, approximately How many children do you think are being raised by same sex couples right now?
Speaker 2: How many children? I don't think it's probably that much, because they're still quite conservative in America, and if they're still wibbling about abortion laws, they're probably going to be even more wibly about same sex couples. So let's say a million. A million?
Speaker 1: Oh, well, don't you it's actually the expects approximately a million children to be raised by the same sex couples.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is actually mighty interesting.
Speaker 1: How many Americans do you believe identify as a side in a gentleman population of case, as a what as a side? A side?
Speaker 2: No? I actually don't know. Okay, it's a side piece.
Speaker 1: No aside is a someone that doesn't isn't top or bottom because they don't engage in penetrative sex.
Speaker 2: No idea. I can't conceive of the idea. Okay, about one in three?
Speaker 1: Really, yes, about one in three identify as a side or do not engage in anal sex or.
Speaker 2: Penetrate of sex.
Speaker 1: In Which country do we believe that there is a growing homosexual population that is accepted.
Speaker 2: Well, all your question so far has been about America, So I'm going to say America.
Speaker 1: No, oh no, it's actually China, and people have put us down to their one child policy.
Speaker 2: To the what policy, their one child policy?
Speaker 1: Oh, had one children, so that basically you still need to enjoy yourselves. And so they say, well, this way they can still have fun. And so there's a growing acceptance of homosexuality.
Speaker 2: Well, that is mighty interesting. I don't know if this is an apocryphal story or not, but it was when a friend of mine came out to their parents, their grand and their parents going, oh, no, the grandparent is there, and she turned around to the mother and said, I don't know, why are youre complaining about your son having anal sex? How do you think that you're an only child? That's mighty interesting. Anal sex the original contraception.
Speaker 1: So swallowing m this is true, which was the first US novel to touch on the subject of homosexuality, which was the first US novel to touch on the subject of home.
Speaker 2: Fixtuality, that was touching on the subject, not touching an m oh. Little Women have rent in America.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a great American novel, Little Women, I think Okay, it was actually Bayard Taylor's eighteen seventy Ooh seventy do it Joseph and his friend?
Speaker 2: Oo, that is mighty interesting. When you said touching on, I thought like it was maybe a throw away line and something suggested in The Great Gatsby or something. But that sounds like it's actually fully about homosexuality. Yeah, it's it's it's a very very gay book. Okay. So the Drag.
Speaker 1: The Drag okay is the first play with gay male contact to be produced in the United States.
Speaker 2: Okay? Who was it written and produced by?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Truman Capoti? No, I would have thought true, like that's a Truman was very very gay. He didn't necessarily write about gay things. Okay, it was.
Speaker 1: It was very much a telling stories about other people and other parts of life.
Speaker 2: Who tried to deflect.
Speaker 1: It was May West, May West, May West in Sea.
Speaker 2: I knew I liked that woman. That's mighty interesting. Okay. The first gay bookstore in the world.
Speaker 1: Was found in nineteen sixty seven in New York City.
Speaker 2: Oh what was its name? Oh? I think I know this one, or at least I've heard of it, but it's escaping me or I might be confusing it for the one that I know of in La So. No, the name's gone. I can't remember. You're even I guess I know. No, I can't, I can't. I can't remember.
Speaker 1: There's only one thing in the world worse than being a bookshop, and that is not.
Speaker 2: Being a bookshop. I should give you a hint. I can't remember. Okay, it's the Oscar Memorial Bookshop. Oh, that's not what I was thinking of at all. Thinking of it was something like the something something store, you know, a very matter of fact description, like the magazine shop or something like that. It was like, I can't remember, Yeah, I couldn't. That's not what I was thinking of, Okay, But it is mighty interesting that it is okay.
Speaker 1: Who was the first openly gay Best Actor nominee in the history of the Academy Awards.
Speaker 2: Mmmmm, give you a clue.
Speaker 1: It was a brit a brit I was thinking Marlon Brando because he was quite you know, he didn't hide it, did he. But it was not the first openly gay. He wasn't very good at hiding it, but he wasn't openly gay. He wasn't going my name is and I am gay.
Speaker 2: I think he's probably more than if you were going to say that about it. Was probably more openly bisexual anyway, A bart eryld thin Nigel Hawthorne.
Speaker 1: What so, here's the star of the film The Madness of King George from nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 2: I didn't know he was one of ours, you know, No, I didn't. Okay, what am I confusing him for Nigel Havers? You might be convincing anyway, that's mighty interesting.
Speaker 1: It is, okay, the name of our our community lgbtq I a plus.
Speaker 2: Okay, what was its first incarnation?
Speaker 1: I just prefer to use the word queer to be honest. I know some people don't like it, but I find him it's more empowering. But I didn't know there was anything other than LGBT. Okay, So it's first called GLBT. However, LGBT came much more popular in the late eighties and early nineties because of the lesbian support of the gay men who were suffering in the AIDS pandemic. Enemy So it became a lot more of a way of honoring our lesbian sisters who were supporting the gay community and putting them first in LGBT. Oh, Okay, that's quite cute and mighty interesting, But that's all I have.
Speaker 2: For you today. Stick around as next. It's Mike in that science that is. Welcome back to cheering the cud. And now we learned something we didn't need to know. It's Mike in that science that.
Speaker 5: Is, that's science, that is nomics when you're a child, all those many many many many many years ago.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're rude, you are because it's true.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: What was your favorite pudding after after food?
Speaker 1: Oh mm, I do like pud h but like I couldn't pick a favorite.
Speaker 2: Angel delight.
Speaker 1: You say, oh, well, that's good because the way that.
Speaker 2: The way that angel you were going to go for sticky toffee or rice tapio no tapioca. Tapioca was the worst. Tapiocre is horrible. But angel delight, I can you can? You can tell me an angel delight? Okay, cool chocolate angel light was your favorite? That's good. So the rawberry I liked chocolate, chocolate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I loved chocolate strawberry Angel Delight chocolate saying chocolate strawberry anges like chocolate angels Delight was your favorite?
Speaker 2: Okay? Yes, read the auto man right.
Speaker 1: So the way that angel like always were always fascinated me as a child because it was something you just added milk to weighted and it became firm.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Well right, and it's just a shame that that doesn't happen in real life. Add milk and oh no it does anyway. So it happened because of a chemical reaction. And so what we're going to do is we're going.
Speaker 2: To make Angel delight. We're going to make Angel delight.
Speaker 1: We're going to make Angel Delight, so a self thickening liquid.
Speaker 2: There's a joke in the sudden, and I'm not going to go for it. If you take a lot of that also works.
Speaker 1: So that's again, if you take a lot of you know about zinc, zinc, Yeah, it takes zinc come thicker.
Speaker 2: Now that is mighty. Did you not know that? That bit's finished? So I'm just going to take down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just have to carefully don't take too much sink because it has other impacts. But yeah, anyway, so what we're going to do is we're going to make Angel the Light, okay, and then we're going to make it so we can eat it too.
Speaker 2: Oh so science sounds a snack.
Speaker 1: Science and a snack because everybody loves puppets.
Speaker 2: That's the wrong phrase.
Speaker 1: And so the first thing we're going to do is we're going to add our flavor.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Now, the flair is chocolate, as I've said repeatedly, and that's this stuff here.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: What this is is this is ground up dairy milk, freeze, dried ground up dairy milk.
Speaker 2: Other chocolate bars are available.
Speaker 1: So what waits to is just just pop a teaspoonful of that in tea bowl. Okay, okay, Oh, I like mixing powders.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, one involves a rolled up twenty. The next thing we're going to add.
Speaker 1: It's not saying it's not true is one of the thickening agents die phosphate, die phosphate di phosphate, which is well which is Welsh phosphate welshs.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: And that's the one to the right of your your your chop lity chocolate okay okay. And you want literally a small amount, so you just want like a pinch, a pin tip, just the tip really on it.
Speaker 2: Okay. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's actually so doing phosphates and diphosphates and they're already mixed together.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay. The next thing we need is an emulsifier. Okay, which is proprane glyceol and esters of.
Speaker 1: Fatty acids, fatty acid fatty acids die. There's essence of fatty acids, okay, right, And it's half a tea spoon of that.
Speaker 2: You want half half a teaspoon of that. It's very technical, all of that. It is okay.
Speaker 1: Now that if you're having the strawberry one, the strawberry flavoring would be just strawberry flavors.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't have a color. So you'd have to hand beat food as well.
Speaker 1: Okay, because beat it's a great flavor for strawberry. But because we're doing chocolate, we don't need to do that. But we do need to add an antiq caking agent. Oh okay, and that's because nobody likes cake. Apparently, what does it stops it becoming slidified in the packet on the shelf, and if it gets a bit humid or hot or cold and stuff.
Speaker 2: It doesn't just become a mush. So when you mix in the milk or you're just whipping this stuff out.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, because the anti caking agent only works of a certain pH Okay. So what actually happens is when we make when you make into the we is slightly acidic.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: You add the milk and it takes down the pH Okay, and so the anti caking agent stops working.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, it's clever. Oh that is clever. Okay.
Speaker 1: But because we're doing it manually, it might mean it fizzes a little bit where we put it together.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, Just so if you only need the ant caking thing to stop it get caking when it's in the package and we're just getting on with it and making it straight away. We're not packaging up and selling it to a shop. Do we need it?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm following what's in it. I didn't want to not put it in case it stopped anything happening.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So again the same sort of thing that we use for the first one, about just the tip, just the tip, the tip, okay, anti caking agent.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm okay. And that's silicon dioxide. It's not so dioxide in this.
Speaker 1: And then the last thing we need is milk, powder and calcium carbonate, which is your last one. Grated cheese, then grated cheese.
Speaker 2: Grated cheese, calcium carbonate. You get calcium from cheese. Calcium carbonates, things that are in antacids and stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, you can see why I don't do the science or the anything really right, mix those powders together a little bit, so we've got a good mix.
Speaker 2: Okay, mm hmm. And then if you have a look at it, does that look like instant angel delight to you? It does?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good sign. Okay that we're gonna add our milk.
Speaker 2: Can I go get my bank card? So we're just.
Speaker 1: Gonna add our milk now, Okay. Now, remember as I said when you first, we're going to use all of it, but you add a little bit at a time.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay.
Speaker 1: I love the fact you always get me to play around with fluids above all the electrics.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I do. You are trying to kill me basically, yes, and failing so you can make it look like a suicide if you get me to do all the science but himself. All right, that's all. It is fizzing a little bit, a little bit.
Speaker 1: But that's because we're doing so that the exact weights and things are slightly different. Because I didn't have a set of scales that you could do quarters of grams on.
Speaker 2: They don't own that sort of thing. You should have asked me. I know you do.
Speaker 1: So now that's all mixed. Do need to add a little bit more?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so once you got into a paste, add the rest of milk. You want all the milk in there, all the milk?
Speaker 2: Ye? Is that not? Just going to make it really ready? But it always starts off running, so correct quantity mine.
Speaker 1: It's actually starting to thicken up now. I actually feel it getting a little bit thicker. Some of it's gone white and some of it got brain. Yeah, because it's the emulsifier. It takes a little while and then just pop it back in tea glass.
Speaker 2: Oh good, you are really trying to kill me? Why just pour it. I'm going to pour it over that so I don't die, and you didn't die. It didn't spill any.
Speaker 1: That's because I'm talented, That's exactly it. So what we do now is we just leave that. It needs to go into the fridge for about five ten minutes, kay, for the reaction to work. Okay, And what will happen is all those chemicals are going to basically just expand, and as the actual chemical forms expand and they take on more liquid, that's what.
Speaker 2: Makes it get thicker.
Speaker 1: Ooh, that's creating a lovely little dessert for us, because that's science.
Speaker 6: Size that science that is.
Speaker 2: So we just got to wait for those to set. Now, how long do we have to wait? Ten minutes? You're hungry? Okay, you started talking about dessert and I like dessert. Okay, I deserve dessert.
Speaker 1: Okay, sure, sure, that's my remor let's just speed up time a little bit.
Speaker 2: Okay, So that should have been enough time. Okay.
Speaker 1: So what people don't realize on the set is these little governments behind us.
Speaker 2: A little mini fridge is so if you have a look in your little fridge, you should have your age delight.
Speaker 1: Sure ah, awesome, Okay, there's a little spoon for you there too.
Speaker 2: Set Okay, so oh that is well done. Delicious. Man, oh, it's done a good job there. How do we were fiddling about with earlier? Science? Is amazing stuff. You know, it's tasty.
Speaker 1: Anyway, that's almost the end of the show for now. Remember to join on our social media that the good TV on all the usual places. I'm not going to stop eating this.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, wow, mm hmmm by.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exact same time.
Speaker 2: But it is actually quite good.