Speaker 1: No sign up, no.
Speaker 2: Sign of nothing.
Speaker 3: Hello, we're here. Hello, and I just scared a cat. There's gonna be a lot of cats jumping. AHT. What is going on? Everybody? We're here in Deaf Crocodile headquarters and it's kind of crazy. I'm so glad to be here. Has everybody doing it? Has been an incredible week. Jeremy is here. As you can see, we're in the same room. He We are all hanging out together. First, how's the sound. We haven't done a sound check where everybody could let us know how it is. If there's an issue, let me know. I will try to unplug and replug. It would have been awkward if they couldn't. I'm gonna change my microphone on the wrong microphone. Hopefully that's better. Yeah, it's been a week. We're here with Craig. We're gonna have a lot to talk about with Deaf Crocodile tonight. Why don't you give a tease for what we're gonna talk about after the announcements.
Speaker 4: Uh over a dozen new title announcements.
Speaker 3: Over a dozen title announcements from Deaf Crocodile lots to cover tonight's first Craig have you been all right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but a dozen titles to announce. As you can imagine, there's a lot to do.
Speaker 3: There is a lot to do, a lot to cover, a lot to disc us tonight. But because we are here live, Craig is taking the opportunity to say, let's reveal literally like the next year's worth of titles. There might be some extra thrown in later that we're not talking about tonight, but who knows. There is a ton of great things coming. We got a full artwork on a couple of titles. That is an exclusive reveal. We've got a bunch of cool stuff talk about. Let's talk about recent pickups, anything you got in recently. I'm obviously not in Missouri, so I can't share mine.
Speaker 4: This week, Criterion Risky Business showed up from Amazon in a plane to order in a plain paper envelope with no packaging, no padding, like nothing that's Amazon. It came completely unscathed, though, so that's good. She just keeps hopping from camera to camera. And then the next day Boy and the Heron showed up Steel Book, also from Amazon, but this time securely wrapped in like heavy wrinkly paper and in a box by itself.
Speaker 3: At least they did that for the steel book, cannot do the other one.
Speaker 4: So both of them showed up undamaged, which surprised me.
Speaker 3: Ryan is asking I didn't bring my recent pickups with me to California. I did not, and I've not picked up anything yet, although there's a couple couple of things I'm bringing home that have been wonderful so far. One I will not reveal yet. That's pretty great, look at that. Thanks, Kyle, you're the best. I was shocked. My Chinatown four K came in one piece from Amazon. I'm just glad people are still getting that and it's gotten restocked. What about you, Jeremy, I know you got a lot of stuff shipping right now. You got anything that came in recently?
Speaker 2: She loves it when we're the longer I'm gone, the better. Yeah, I got. I went ahead and ordered the Love Lies Bleeding and Zot.
Speaker 5: Of Interests four case from a twenty four that's I did some Keinot shopping during the sale that's on its way here.
Speaker 2: I did some.
Speaker 5: Eero UK sales shopping, mostly their side label's second run and third window, and uh so I'm excited for those to get here. The most recent pickups that actually arrived just yesterday.
Speaker 3: Are that everybody's saying to project.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we have We knew this would be a problem.
Speaker 6: My last two pickups to arrive were in the last two of my Barnes and Noble Criterion sale order, which was.
Speaker 2: Concubine and Ansel.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 2: That's all, good night.
Speaker 3: What about you watched one thing in the last week.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 4: Uh, I can't get the title way. It's betwixt betwixt Now and Sunrise or something like that. It's the Copla film.
Speaker 3: Right that was just released recently, right on disc.
Speaker 4: Looking it up?
Speaker 3: Is it that one?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's the newer release where it's they changed the title slightly.
Speaker 3: TwixT.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'd say good, not great. But also, you know, I think you had mentioned it when you were doing the episode. We were talking about Coppola like he was working out some some heavy stuff, uh personally and was using that film as some therapy. So good for him for making it.
Speaker 3: I love how they called it the authentic cut. All right. Since last week, I've watched more than normal. I did a double feature in the theater over this weekend. No, the those are the dates right here.
Speaker 4: Well, still Okay, so since.
Speaker 3: The beginning of thelies and two or three of those are shorts, so I'm cheating a little bit. Double feature in the theater over this last weekend? Did I say that the right way? Double feature in the theater of this last weekend of Twisters and then Long Legs oddly worked well together, especially because Kieran and Shifka was our bridge between the two films. Twisters shockingly great. It's pretty much as good as the first one. Long Legs was very, very good. I really don't love the ending, but that's my preference. I personally. If anybody wants to talk about it, send me a message. I'll tell you why. Jeremy loves the movie. I don't. I can't, so I won't say I wish the ending would have gone in a different direction.
Speaker 4: I'm older than you, guys, and slightly I think the original Twister I think was probably you guys loved when you said it was surprisingly great, as good as the first one. I'm like, that's an oxymoron. I it's kind of the beginning of movies as amusement park rides instead of movies, and I just kind of hated it for that.
Speaker 3: Okay, I got that what's going on? John Matthews and Tony says, hail Seatan love it nice? Glad you agree, Ryan? The cats are going crazy? Just Ryan, it's from Will.
Speaker 4: I can't hear. I'm like, right here, he wants.
Speaker 3: You to speak up. Other than that, I watched a kid in King Arthur Court with my kids and they were surprisingly happy with that. Look at that. Somebody stoked that the copy the copy of Savage out of King stack Ship today. Can't wait to dive in very nice. I just got to see the packaging in person for the first time and it looks amazing.
Speaker 4: It's really cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Uh. The fact that we're getting the other titles that are coming in that packaging. Man, it's gonna be a crazy year. I'm so excited. Announcements we are covering Tonight's are going to be crazy.
Speaker 4: Oh. I didn't ask you recent watches? You want you watch a ton of stuff?
Speaker 3: Oh, come back to you.
Speaker 4: We got a movie to go to tonight. If he does, we won't have time.
Speaker 2: I'll say.
Speaker 4: Is that.
Speaker 7: Ryan and I tried to revisit Deadpool two last night and both fell asleep in the first fifteen minutes.
Speaker 3: It was longer than fifteen. It was like twenty five.
Speaker 4: That was probably more.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I I I'm still exhausted.
Speaker 8: My most recent watch, actually, according to my letterbox, is Jim Cummings New Short.
Speaker 3: By the way, if you have never seen Jim Cummings New Short, look up is now a good time.
Speaker 4: I watched that and the whole time I'm like, where is this going? It was good, but I was like, what is this?
Speaker 3: It's a inflammatory that's fair. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I still even after seeing it, I'm like, how would you even describe that?
Speaker 3: Oh, this is gonna be a fun podcast for the people that listen to it. An audio wise, yes, Kyle says Amazon is doing on now channels and it's everything I want for decision fatigue, painted some forty k with the thing, Tremors, Tremors two and Species. That's a good lineup. Just watched Serial Mom for the first time and I loved it. Gave an extra a star for the L seven performance. Cereal Mom is amazing and funny enough. Watched it last time I was here in l A at the New BEV with Jeremy.
Speaker 4: It not terribly long ago, but that I mean probably within the last year or so.
Speaker 2: That you don't like here.
Speaker 3: I really don't love her as I was here very much. It's filmed very well. Jeremy is breaking up with my life.
Speaker 4: That's that's two very upset size and where where what?
Speaker 3: We haven't even been loved since.
Speaker 2: Brand new live reactions.
Speaker 3: Silent Mandible is saying, I like Jim Cummings. What was it called? It is called is now a good time? And it's available on YouTube for now. We'll see Disney might have it pulled.
Speaker 4: Eventually if it's still there. I can't imagine they would have had it pulled. Thirty seconds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you, silent man. Well who says I don't get the cure hype myself?
Speaker 4: Uh, I'm assuming you're not talking about the band.
Speaker 2: Uh no?
Speaker 3: Uh Yoshi Kurisawa's I think it's ninety seven film cure. It's like a supernatural crime thriller.
Speaker 4: Not familiar, but supernatural crime thriller.
Speaker 3: Stan is shocked. I've been having a good week with Stan. I spent the last couple days almost exclusively with Stan and Julius.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, let's.
Speaker 3: See did Yeah, we absolutely need to get stand to use the discord. We could. We got Craig on there. Stan can do Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean there's been a lot of people that have tried to get me to use discord for various different things, and I'm just like so the fact that and I post things incorrectly still all the time because I don't know how to use dan thing.
Speaker 3: It still works. I'm happy with it. Anything else we wanna we want to bring up before we go to announcements.
Speaker 2: I don't care Monday.
Speaker 3: We don't need to hear you singing the.
Speaker 4: All right, Stan, If I can do it, you can do it.
Speaker 3: Uh, let's jump into it then to get rid of my wife texting me.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Imprint titles are up first and going right off the bed? Is this the first title? Let me make sure yep? Okay, this is the first title of the week.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: Roman poland Ski box set coming on October thirtieth from Imprint in Australia, and this has Bitter Moon Death in the Maiden, the Ninth Gate and the ninth Gate alone will have two discs and then a bonus disc, the Roman plan Ski documentary called Wanted and Desired. This has been a infamous, infinous, infamous announcement for people this week. And I say that as the Dictionary definition of infamous because this has gotten a lot of clicks because of the wording used. And then the documentary to be thrown in here, they said infamous director Roman Plansky directed these three films of seduction, betrayal and revenge, And yeah, they probably could have worded that a little bit differently. And then the other technic by grammar definitions. There's nothing wrong about it. But when you're talking about entertainment and people are like infamous director Luccio Fulci, those aren't the same things. And then the documentary on here is one that examined the public scandal and private tragedy which led to Roman Polanski's sudden flight from the US. How do you feel about Polansky.
Speaker 4: Personally?
Speaker 3: Like, as a close friend, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 4: Scandal, I'll just leave it. And he's made some amazing films.
Speaker 3: I would agree with that. Yeah, this looks like I said box set. I'm glad.
Speaker 4: I don't know if those are some of them, but he has made some amazing films.
Speaker 3: I'm glad that these are coming out, especially Bitter Moon. I know this needs a better release. We got a couple of new interviews, some commentaries, new special features that haven't been announced yet, some visual essays. There's a lot coming on here. I'm glad that they're putting the time and desire into this to release it in a big way. I kind of wish that they had Troy Howarth on there. He is a big fan of plan Ski. I feel like he would have done well. That's that one, but Imprint has a pretty huge month. So next up is Death Valley and I don't remember if I said it, These are all coming on October thirtieth. This is going to have an audio commentary by the director, that's archival, a new visual essay by Jared.
Speaker 4: Han YouTube's okay with you showing that image?
Speaker 3: Which one? Is there something wrong with it? I'm just.
Speaker 4: It looks inappropriate, that's all.
Speaker 3: Okay. We've got a new interview with the composer, and that is that. This also had a screen Factory release in the US. I already said those I'm rudely interrupted. Yes, Roman Planski is absolutely a garbage person. So that is Death Valley. Next title is Superstition. This also got a US release from screen Factory. This one is going to be having a new audio commentary by Justin Kurzwell, new season of the which supernatural Slasher's visual essay by Kat Ellinger. That'll be great, I'm sure, nice solid release for Australians if you don't have it, and that a superstition. Next up is the title that's gotten a lot of love over the last couple of years. That's got a UK release, two releases in the US. One that's about to drop from Keno as a four K release, but Imprint is doing this on Blu ray, and that is The Antichrist from nineteen seventy four. This is going to be including a new audio commentary by Kat Ellinger, new interview with the actor Rimo Girani, new visual essay on the director by Rachel Nisbett, who is always amazing to Vulgar, a display of power, The enduring phenomenon of Exorcist ripoffs visual essay by Andy Marshall Roberts. That sounds great. Yeah, lots of archival stuff on here. Any thoughts on these Nope?
Speaker 4: I have the.
Speaker 2: Screenpactory version, the Screenpactory version.
Speaker 3: Right already, great comment there from hum Bolt Horror, honey garbage. People make great art sometimes sadly a lot of the time. Then another controversial announcement this week. They are doing the blair Witch Collection that includes the blair Witch Project and Book of Shadows. Blair Witch two. This will have a new commentary by Matt Blotzi, the author of Eight Days in the Woods, the Making of the blair Witch Project, and then a bunch of archival extras there and then on Book of Shadows there will be a new interview with Joe Berlinger to interview with the DP Nancy Schreiber, more new special features that they're announcing later, and then a bunch of archival extras. And then this is where it gets weird because Matt Blotzi, who's doing the commentary for the first film, didn't know he was doing a commentary for the first film until this got announced. So he went and confirmed that day and said, yeah, sure, I'll do a commentary. But as it turns out, no one involved with the film even knew about this release. They were not working with the producers to do this right. There is also confirmation now that the boutique label that all three of us really like and appreciate, Second Site, is releasing the blair Witch Project. This is imprint.
Speaker 4: They should know better.
Speaker 3: They should Second Sites releasing it in October as well. Has anyone been complaining about blair Witch not getting a four K yet? Yes, and it's rather silly, absolutely ridiculous. Stan says, does two films qualify as a collection. I think theoretically yes, technically, but also it's missing a film, so that that does kind of hurt it. That is absolutely true. It does not say complete.
Speaker 4: And honestly like you just need the first one.
Speaker 3: True, but this is the first legal Blu Ray release a book of Shadows.
Speaker 4: Ever, I'd still rather if I'm going to spend the money on blair Witch, I want a really nice version of the first film. Only give me all the goodies.
Speaker 3: Go to second site in October exactly, that's the plan. Then they're putting out what looks to be a really great edition of Suspiria on four K on October thirtieth. However, it is the twenty eighteen Suspiria. Nothing wrong with that. It's a great film. This is going to be having an HDR ten presentation, not Bilby Vision, new audio commentary by Miranda Corkran. Then on the Blu ray disc we've got that new audio commentary as well, and then there's a third disc that has a new visual essay with David Polici, New interview with the editor Walter Farsano, New Suspiria's Three fathers Argento Fosper visual essay by Alexandre Heller, Nicholas and Jeremy is leaving us New Tom York Spells. The Music of Suspiria Visual essay by Philip Jeffries. Lots coming on this sets. It is a bit pricey, but this release looks great. I know people are very very excited about this. Brent Say so excited for Suspiria. The German four K was out of print forever. I love the original in the remake, and on that note, it appears I believe the Blu ray was out of print for a while too, So this is a big deal that we're getting for Oh to order the imprint one eighty dollars USD.
Speaker 4: That's not a bit pricey, that's really expensive.
Speaker 3: And if you order it through Diabolic it's ninety yikes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I was going to say it's three discs four.
Speaker 3: K one four K two blue rays and then some art cards eighty dollars. Charlie is asking is the second site Blair which confirmed to be a region free absolutely not, and it is most likely not region free. It is most likely going to be a region region B locked. Michael says price for Suspiria is redamned doculous. I love that you wrote that. Aut Man Uh, who is a stand says I love this version of Suspiria, but not so sure that I need this release totally get that. John would be funny to have Argenta do a commentary on this one. I wonder what he'd say. I would love to see what he'd say. Yet, no stickers in here, Ronnie, Unfortunately. Any chance someone else will be putting out Suspiria, Yes, there's a huge chance. In fact, I would not be surprised if this got a four K from someone else in the next eighteen months or so. Ryan is asking, he's the previous Suspiria four K out of print? Of this Suspiria, Yes, of the original Suspiria. No, so there is that, and that is imprint for the month. That's everything from imprint, any of those that you're like, Man, I would love to have that.
Speaker 4: Not yet.
Speaker 3: Check.
Speaker 4: I was telling you earlier night though, that that every Thursday night I end up putting a bunch of shit in the dropping cart and then I'm like, I can't if I don't have money for this, and then I have to empty amount. So there will be stuff coming up. I'm sure that makes sense. Next is a Keno announcement I believe yeah.
Speaker 3: Coming soon from Keno on Blu Ray is The Amorous Adventures of Mole Flanders from nineteen sixty five. We got a four K scan of the thirty five millimeters original on here. No other release details yet. I've never seen this one. I don't even think this is one I had heard of.
Speaker 4: I've heard of it.
Speaker 3: But Kim Novak getting a lot of love over the last few months, so that's nice. Uh jeez, Jeff, that's so accurate, Jeff says, ninety bucks, almost like screen Factories releasing screen factory one sticker. Yes, that's true, but if you pay another sixty you can get four and a half enamel pins. Next title is Battle of the Commandos from nineteen six. This is coming soon on Blue from Keno. This is a Umberto Lenzi title with Jack plants. This is from a four K scan of the best available film elements. Who knows what those are? LENSI titles are always great. I'm kind of surprised Keno's doing this and it doesn't say that it's a part of the Keno Colt line. Look at that Philip Jeffrey showing up. You got a little shout out already. What's going on, my dude? Yeah? The visual essay on the Tome of York Side is one that I'm very excited for. I've seen your writing on music and I love it. Do we think House to the Devil will get a US release? I mean we'll talk about that a little bit. Obviously, not sure. Let's see, I already called that out. We'll be getting Greg. You just shipped my order today, got my notification.
Speaker 4: Technically, Jesse just shipped it.
Speaker 3: Diabolic is handling all those shippings nowadays. Next title, October eighth on four K Collector's Edition and steel book and a Blu Ray Collector's edition steal and standard from g Kids Films and Shouts is Arcane League of Legends Season one. There are three plus hours of bonus features on here. You can pre order all of these now. Four K steel book is different than the Blu Ray. They're clearly trying to get people to buy two.
Speaker 4: Shame on that.
Speaker 3: Here is the standard arts, and there is, as far as I can tell, no standard for the four K. It's just the Collector's edition and the steel book and the colltion is massive, so if you are into that, I'm sure a lot of people are excited about this one.
Speaker 4: I've never watched it, and I don't think Praig has either. I'm sorry, I'm looking at the com Yeah.
Speaker 3: I planned on not calling out any of those comments. Maybe this one. Michael wants to know if the cat killed jer.
Speaker 4: I don't think so, although both of them are missing.
Speaker 3: So what's those chumping sounds? Next title? If Filmmaster is doing their archive collection with its Love Again from nineteen thirty six, getting a Jesse Matthews title on HG. I think this is the first one to hit HD home video release, which is pretty well. Have a good night there, Philip silent Man oh Man, Yeah, this is pretty cool this is coming out.
Speaker 4: I'm assuming that's original artwork. It's a nice use of it.
Speaker 3: Yes, film Masters just pretty good work. Do you have anything from them?
Speaker 4: Don't yet.
Speaker 3: They do good stuff and we're on two releases. Come on.
Speaker 4: It's like I said, very often things go in the car and then I'm like I don't have the money.
Speaker 3: This is a big deal. Everybody pre order this now September twenty fourth on Blu Ray. The entire complete series of Young Sheldon coming to Blu Ray and for those of you that were picking them up along the way, they're also doing the sixth season by itself and the seventh season by itself just for you complete us.
Speaker 4: I don't think we watched the seventh and final season yet, but we never watched Big Bank Theory. Saw one or two episodes and we're like, that is so bad. And then somebody told us that this was good, and they're like, it can't be, and then it was actually pretty jick good. We were very surprised, and then we realized why we hated the Big Bank Theory because as this series goes, the actor playing on Sheldon is aging right, and the stick really works and is funny when he's a little kid, and then it gets to those later seasons and it's like, it's not funny anymore. You grow up.
Speaker 3: I get that. Going to the next one, I've not seen it. Twisters. We just mentioned this. There is a Walmart exclusive four K steal book that you can pre order already. We have no idea when this is coming out, no date or anything like that. How do you feel about the art?
Speaker 4: Art's not bad. I'm assuming if you say that it was as good as the original, it's probably not that great. But what if they haven't announced a release date? What's the rush to get an announcement out that it's coming because.
Speaker 3: We start making money off of it?
Speaker 4: But literally, so there you can order it, yes, but they don't even tell you when they're gonna.
Speaker 3: Or what's on the disc. You have no idea what's on the disc? Would you do things differently, Craig, I do things differently amazing, although probably.
Speaker 4: I'm doing it wrong because we're broke.
Speaker 3: Well, we will. We will discuss some of the things people can spend money on at the end of the show tonight, I like to twist. If you like the original Twister, you might want this.
Speaker 4: I've heard a lot of I haven't heard anyone say it's bad, So.
Speaker 3: I mean when I say good, it's very much good in the blockbuster film sense. It's not competing with art house titles or anything that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Still, that's a great comment. Young Sheldon fails for not showing how Sheldon becomes a Murderer.
Speaker 4: I must have missed that episode of A.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's go to the next title, which is Shameless Films and putting out who Saw Her Die on Blu Ray on August twenty sixth. This is coming in the UK only, and Shameless has slowly been getting better. This is likely the scan of the other release that came out, so you probably don't have to worry about Shameless doing any of their shameless work on it.
Speaker 4: I mean, what I love about Show and You is how positive you keep things. So I feel bad saying this, but it's literally shameless. How many times they've got their own name on that cover.
Speaker 3: I have not paid attention to that. Let's one two, one two, and there might even be more.
Speaker 4: There's probably something on the side that's true.
Speaker 3: Well. And then on top of that, they have the trademarked yellow cases and those are beautiful, and especially for the the Giallo titles.
Speaker 4: And I mean, I kind of like the idea of using the different color cases because I know, even when I go to like a used store looking for stuff, I quickly just scan for anything not blue. That's like, all right, the boutique stuff is not going to be blue, right, So It's like, that's what I'm looking for.
Speaker 3: Somebody is asking in the chat who saw her diet was put out by Arrow? So why are they doing this? Sorry, Michael, I was on another tab so I couldn't see your name. Arrow only released it in the US, it was not released in the UK. So because of that, there this is now a reason to be able to purchase this in the UK, which is why I have a lot of conversations about this throughout the week. There's so many people that think these companies are just re releasing everything. It's a huge world, and there's still territorial rights. We're one of our films. We were just talking about that earlier that you're putting out. The BFI is also putting it out. It's a competing release, sure, but it's the same film in a different territory. And if if def Crocodile doesn't have the rights to do in the UK, they shouldn't be able to purchase it. And truth is, it's a very small number of people that import. We are very much in an insular world. That that are, you know, the people that buy from all over the world, and here we are, you know, worried about BFI releasing something, and deaf Crocodile releasing something. There is no chance people can stumble upon it release in the UK in a store generally, especially that we're going to talk about. But for you know, territorial rights that those still got to exist, that's why they're out there.
Speaker 4: We get angry emails and messages fairly regularly bitching that our titles are region locked and why are they regent locked? That's so stupid, And I don't know what how to explain to these children that we license North America. Yeah, if we don't lock it, we don't get to license it.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe we could talk about that a little bit. Some of the things that you've been getting complained about from the filmmakers, like the subtitles and oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we had I don't know why. And this has happened on a couple of releases from two different companies that insist that the English subtitles for our release cannot be turned off.
Speaker 3: It's so odd.
Speaker 4: I don't know what the point is, because you know, there are people in the US that speak Russian that don't necessarily want the subtitles on the screen. They don't need them. But yeah, so some of our films that the original printing you could turn them off, and the subsequent printings you will not be able to turn them off. Because we were yelled at. It didn't even occur to us that I mean we because what we actually sent this glowing review for for the film to the rights holders saying, look, you know it's getting great press, and they're like, oh, that's fantastic. And they saw the line one line in the review that said something optional English subtitles and they're like, what do you mean optional?
Speaker 3: Oh ridiculous.
Speaker 4: I'm like, sorry, didn't realize that.
Speaker 3: Was a big deal. All right. Going to our next one, Love Lies Bleeding? Did you see this this year?
Speaker 4: I did not. And that cover art I would not have known that was the same film.
Speaker 3: I like this cover art a lot more.
Speaker 4: That's closer to what I remember the film being marketed. It asked like, yeah, maybe maybe it didn't do well theatrically, so they're just trying to go to market it completely differently.
Speaker 3: That's just I believe this is the theatrical poster. Funny enough, really, yeah, I think so.
Speaker 4: So I don't remember seeing that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so, oh, Chris is here? What's going on? Chris? That's Chris from They Lived By film. Oh hello, this movie is getting a four K release over in Germany from play On and this will be a four K disc and a Blu ray disc. Rose Glass in an audio commentary for this a featurette on here as well. Both of these you can pre order on Amazon. I believe you'll be able to get these everywhere that carries German imports in the US, things like Brother Blile, who's great Orbit usually will get some of these in Diabolic generally Grindhouse. I don't think ever does so pay attention to it. But also this release looks great. It's a fun movie. I liked it quite a bit. Oh, Brian's here, what's going on? Brian?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I heard very good things about this film, but I have not seen it yet.
Speaker 3: I liked it.
Speaker 4: And then, speaking of Diabolic, I realize I'm biased because we partner with them, But I ordered forever Ago the Steel Book for four K Purple rang Yes, and I was I saw that Diabolic had on their website said in stock and I'm like, I was checking my emails and I'm like, logged into zav and hasn't shipped, and I'm like, what the such as canceled my Zabie order and ordered it from Diabolic, which means I'll get it sooner and it was cheaper.
Speaker 3: I got that right after I shout out brother Belile. They are in the chat. Hello, Hello.
Speaker 4: They must their ears were burning or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this movie's great. Hope everybody checks it out if you have not. It's a fun one. Coming up next. Castlevania Nocturn, the complete first season from twenty twenty three, coming on Blue from Warner Brothers partnered with Netflix on October eighth. Got a handful of special features on here. You can pre order this now. I know we were talking about Muzaki earlier. Are you into any of the other anime stuff like this?
Speaker 4: It's probably something I enjoy, but I haven't seen it makes sense. I see so little. It's just disturbing. I would watch so much more, but I just don't have time.
Speaker 3: I totally get it. Going to our next one, Pierce starring in The Convert, coming on Blue from Magnolia on October eighth. Generally, Magnolia has not been putting any special features on this stuff, for at least not advertising them with features. But this one looks fun. I like guy Pierce quite a bit. I'm good. Yeah, I like him.
Speaker 4: I've not heard of this film though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a fairly small from what I can tell. Going to our next title, To Catch a Thief on four K, coming from Paramount as part of their Paramount Presents line. This is October fifteenth. Now, if you remember, Paramount Presents released this on Blu Ray four and a half years ago. Now it's been quite some time.
Speaker 4: And it was in famous.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 4: What a call back like, more than famous.
Speaker 3: The Blu Ray release of To Catch a Thief is god awful. She has a pile of hair stuck to her face. That's amazing.
Speaker 4: I'll be right.
Speaker 3: To catch a Thief. The Blu Ray was awful, and Paramount has concluded to the who did it the digital bits they were able to have a conversation and Paramount has confirmed it is from the same scan, but they did a brand new restoration on it.
Speaker 4: Well, thank god, because I saw screen captures of that original Blu Ray and I was so excited because I love this film and it was just hot garbage, like they should just be.
Speaker 3: A yeah, yeah, this was depressing and hopefully this one is great. Eager to see what they do for this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the four K scan is probably fine. Yeah, it's what they did after so yeah, I'll wait until it comes out and here's read some reviews. But if they don't mess it up, then I will definitely be buying that.
Speaker 3: Michael says, Guy Pierce. Film that needs more hype is the Proposition. I adore the proposition. Have you seen that one?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I was thinking.
Speaker 4: Betty White, right, yeah, no, the Proposition I have not seen.
Speaker 3: It is a modern Western, it's fantastic, and Stan doesn't like to catch a thief. So now you can guess. Going to our next one, we're gonna get done with announcements before Jeremy's done in the bathroom.
Speaker 4: I hope that's went something very wrong.
Speaker 3: October eighth, we are getting another four K steel book from Paramount for Sleepy Hollow. Uh. They did in the very unique steel book last year. The steel book last year was two steel plates with a book.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like the German media book with a metal cover.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's the one I bought. I loved it, and it just sold out on pre order. That was the big deal. I need it. Before this, it probably would have done very well. Uh yeah, This is great for people that didn't get it, and I'm glad that it's the original. The poster art that's pretty great. I love this movie and it's a good looking for k Die. You ever watch it?
Speaker 4: You saw how many I've got two bookshelves of discs I have not watched yet.
Speaker 3: Oh man, everybody's talking about the Proposition now and then the Rover Nice.
Speaker 4: I suggest people see Pozle.
Speaker 3: It's a good movie.
Speaker 4: It's fun, I mean gotty white.
Speaker 3: Speaking of that, I put up a new episode of Film Foundations this week that Brian Reynolds since Deadpool was coming out, and I defended the hell out of the Proposal. I love that movie.
Speaker 4: It's fun.
Speaker 3: Well that and I worked for immigration, so it's it was made for me. Yes, it was one of their first to catch a thief. Soon, I think you're behind a little bit. I wonder who's first what paramount for? Since it was their first paramount like one of their first couple of paramount presents titles.
Speaker 4: Men's been putting out blue rays for a long time. They at least a couple years.
Speaker 3: Speaking of paramounts, they are releasing The Ring from two thousand and two on four K as a standard release, and we'll talk about another release in just a moment. But the big deal here is Scream Factory just did this in a box set with the sequels, and people did not want to buy the box set because this is the only good movie in that box set. And now you can buy it on its own, and this will likely they haven't confirmed, but yes, exactly, let's get one. It'll likely be the same four K from the Scream Factory box's released separately, like they did for Halloween six last year. I think Screen Factory did it, and then a couple months later, Paramount did it in its own steel book Defend Blade Trinity Now, no, thank you, Jeremy.
Speaker 4: I remember that when that came out, the ring scared the shit out of it.
Speaker 3: It's a great movie. It's one of the best remakes. I love it.
Speaker 4: I saw it years later, had a friend watch. It was like, oh, you gotta see this. It wasn't scared by anything except one scene when the guy slam shut a filing cabinet door. He nearly fell off the couch, and I'm like, that's what scared you.
Speaker 3: That's great knowing you. You know what's so really terrifying. Look at this art. It looks like they pulled it from a PlayStation one graphic maybe and superimposed it on here. I am so confused at how poor that looks.
Speaker 4: The the execution maybe sketch, but it is actually quite Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's a good idea.
Speaker 4: I would rather have that than some of the things that are done exactly the way they wanted to and it's it's just embarrassing.
Speaker 3: Right, that's a good point. We'll come back to the ring in just a moment. But first third or sorry not third Windows, second run UK one of the best. I love these guys. They're putting out a blu ray on September third of Pharaoh from nineteen sixty six. Do you know this one?
Speaker 4: I do. I'm a little torn as to what I should say about this.
Speaker 3: I believe I could be wrong.
Speaker 4: But I think this is the film I was Dennis for here. He would know for sure.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: I think we were looking into releasing this and they had had a rest restored the file already. H I didn't really care for the restoration and asked if they, you know, could maybe supply us with just the scan or a new scan or something, and they said no, So we passed Prince and the chat says Pharaoh sucks.
Speaker 3: Just like that. This is going to have some special features on it. We've got an expanse of an in depth discussion of the film by the critic, curator and scholar Michael Oletchik. We've got a nineteen sixty four on the making of filmed on location and Who's bekist, twenty four page booklets, some new subtitles, and an easter egg. Who knows what that is?
Speaker 4: So that's not really any information as to what the restoration. So yeah, I can't say that they're releasing what I saw, So don't know true.
Speaker 3: And again we've talked about this before. Most companies don't tell us that. I really wish more companies were very very transparent about the materials, about what they're putting out, how they scanned it, what they're doing with the restoration, what the source is. We don't ever get that. Usually it's like a from a four K scan cool of what well.
Speaker 4: Typically I found and because it's tired a little hard to describe sometimes. But if it's not the original camera negative, that's when people usually get vague. If it's the camera negative, they'll tell you it's the camera. Yeah, but yeah, and I know even with King Stack disclaimer at the front, right, it's it's as good as we could make it from what we had to work with, which still looks great, don't get me wrong, but you know it's.
Speaker 3: Not from the original nagative, right, so and usually there's a reason for that, like the negative doesn't exist anymore, all right? Going to our next title is The Ring again. This is coming in a four kse deal book, also on October fifteenth, and funny enough, this was released last year the exact same way, but with a Blu ray disc and instead of this weird the ring slip cover, it was a videotape. So now the only way to tell apart the four K steel book in the Blu rays steal book is the cover on the outside. I like the design of it, but it is slightly weird that they would do the exact same one.
Speaker 4: So this is a steel book with a slipcover.
Speaker 3: Yes, that is very much a thing. Okay, Lionsgate is doing it.
Speaker 4: Rick, can we get an Obie ring or a J card to go with that as well?
Speaker 3: I mean probably maybe both, an Obie car.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, at the top and then the J card that comes up around the bottom over the slipcover that's covering to protect the steel book.
Speaker 3: Can we call it joby? There you go, all right? Trademarked by the way, Craig and I. That's our idea. Speaking of lions Gate, I just said this, Lionsgate putting out a four K steel book of wind River. Have you seen Wind River? Jeremy Renner? This is a great movie. I love this movie. This is a Taylor Sheridan film starring Jeremy Renner, Elizabeth Olsen. John Burnhal plays a really great part in this film. This is the first time the film has been on four K. So I, Chris, I will I will not repeat that comment, but that's hilarious. Yes, I'm excited to see this in four K. Love the movie.
Speaker 4: Again, I'm being negative. I'm sorry be negative. It's just reminiscent of the shameless title. The largest boldest thing on that graphic is Lionsgate.
Speaker 3: Yes, maybe I should zoom in like this.
Speaker 4: Oh, are you trying to sell us your company or the movie? That's actually nice artwork.
Speaker 3: It is. Yeah, So on this one. This is a plastic slipcase on the steel book that has the title like this, so when you pull it, yes, so when you pull it off, it will leave this left artwork like that. Like that. It's a log comment from Christopher Imprint, Arrow Umbrella, Keno vs. Seven Screen Factory, Deaf Crocodile second side eighty eight. Films you recmpare about Sony, fun City, Radiance, Restaurant, Heavy D, Blue, Underground. The list goes on, all these companies are going to drive me to be homeless. Well, good luck, Chris, you can live in the store. This looks interesting.
Speaker 4: What have you seen it?
Speaker 3: I have seen it. It is about a snow bound investigation of a murderer up in Wyoming, and there's some character turns that are really depraved, and basically it's a story of revenge in it's like a Western told in a very snowy Wyoming that.
Speaker 4: Is Western investigation and revenge till Yeah, it's great. Those are three of my favorite things.
Speaker 3: Do you like Hyler Sheridan? Have you seen anything of Sheridan? He's the Yellowstone guy and then he did uh what is the name of the title that he did with Chris Pine. Hopefully somebody else can Heller high Water. Thanks Jeremy, who's on the toilet Heller high Water is amazing.
Speaker 4: I'm glad he's alive. I really honestly did not know he was even still here.
Speaker 3: Chris. Yeah, Crescendo House was great.
Speaker 4: All right, wind River. I'm gonna have to check that one out though. Yeah, that looks good.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's right, he wrote Sacario also, all right, I'm sold, Chris. Oh that's hilarious. What's going on, Steve? Hello? Hello, all right, Jeremy, you're.
Speaker 7: Back disappearing That my Facebook accounted, so I had to take care of yikes. I think we're good.
Speaker 4: Get regular base scams all the time, saying that like our account's going to be locked because we've broken copyrights, all scams like and I get at the Week geez, really.
Speaker 2: Is one where it actually locked me.
Speaker 8: Somebody sent me a text being like this is not you right, and the night Oh that's not trying to log in and it said I was locked, So I had to like authentic look at the comment, Oh me too, sorry for disappearing.
Speaker 3: Next title, Eureka Out of Nowhere kind of announced that they were putting this film Future Cops from nineteen ninety three. This is a website exclusive from Eureka you can only buy this from them, limited to a thousand different copies. And the reason they did this. This is presented from a studio supplied HD transfer and they had no involvement in restoring it so base. They said, the master is below our level of quality that we would normally expect. Despite our efforts, the studio would not allow us to restore this at all. As this may be the last opportunity for this to ever get a physical media release in the UK, we have decided to proceed, but on a very limited number and as a Eureka Store exclusive. So highly recommend people check this out. I've not seen this yet, but all of the people that I trust for films like this rave about this. This was inspired by Street Fighter two and actually beat the Street Fighter film to the theater. So this was the first film that we got that was about that sort of thing. We've got a new commentary by Frank Jang and f J DeSanto, new commentary by Mike Leader and Arna Venema, a new documentary by Crazy from Kong. And what's crazy is all of these people except for FJ, have been on my channel. They're all great, And I will say right now, I've already recording recorded, I can't speak. A new interview with Frank Jang should be up soon, but we're waiting for for a title to be announced that Frank and I worked on. Very excited to share about it. But this looks great. I hope people are excited. And uh, yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Quite often think Stan and I share a brain because I was literally thinking the same thing. I kept going back and forth. I'm like, that's really cool. I'm like, no, it's not. It's really cool.
Speaker 3: Not like.
Speaker 4: I like it. I'm gonna I'm gonna settle, and I like it.
Speaker 2: For all the dumb dumbs watching like me.
Speaker 7: When it's uh, Eureka's sight exclusive, does that mean even?
Speaker 2: Does that mean even? Orbit? And uh?
Speaker 3: The only place you can purchase it from is the Eureka website. That's literally what that means. Yes, uh. And beyond that, if you are in the US, do not forget that Eureka does not charge shipping for the US. That is a huge, huge deal. I don't know how they get away with it. It is insanity international shipping. Yes, yes, now from what I hear, somebody in Japan commented last time that in Japan they got charged shipping, but for the most part, everyone else is you can get it for free shipping, very regional.
Speaker 4: And yeah, Chris, yes, I'd love to catch a thief.
Speaker 3: Thanks for the echo, Jermy. Speaking of Orbit DVD, big news for the magazine that we all hear, love and work on. The Physical Media Advocate is now available on Orbit DVD, on the website and in the store if you yes, Chris. Technically you can order it on Orbit, but that's because Mark is ordering his own releases of Future Cops to be able to sell it from Eureka. It's some places do this, like Diabolic. He goes screen Factory will release a side exclusive. They don't give that to their distributor. Yes, he goes and buys them himself to be able to sell them. So it's a very weird situation. And yet look he's doing it on Diabolic as well. Hilton is saying it right now, so yeah, that's the way that they get away with that. But yeah, the Physical Media Advocate. You can buy it on Orbit, in the store or on the website. He does not have the latest issue because to be frank, I sent him all of his magazines two months ago and it took a very long time to get them listed on the website. But if these do well, we will get the brand new ones, Sasha saying, is the new Physical Media Advocate at Legends. Yet newest one, which was issue number ten, is at Legends in the Granby, Massachusetts area. However, the newest newest one that's about to drop has not Issue number eleven is going to be dropping in a week on August first, and we will be talking about that over the next week. I prom and if you're.
Speaker 4: Orbit DVD or die carry our stuff and are already pre selling king Stack.
Speaker 3: And you can get king Stack and the Physical Media Advocate and one more item and you get free shipping. Was that the first time you learned about that? When we were talking about this.
Speaker 4: I saw your post and I'm like, what the hell is he talking about?
Speaker 3: So yes, if you shop at Orbit DVD, buy three items and put them in your cart, and then put the number three, the word free in the promo code area and get free shipping.
Speaker 7: By three Physical Media Advocate issues free shipping.
Speaker 3: That would be great, all right? Going to our next is the Umbrella Titles. November sixth, They are giving us a four K of eyes without a face from nineteen sixty Craig, please tell me you have good feelings about this movie. Craig's never seen it, and he whispers, it's an incredible artwork. Yes, let's look at the overall well it works with the film. Actually, okay, let's take a look at some of the art. Here. As we look at some of the features, we got a forty eight page book with behind the scenes experiences in art, including essays from Stephen Thrower, Nadine Whitney, and Jack Sargent. Original poster artwork in a rigid case and a slipcase. Eight lobby cars, reversible poster, Limited edition, numbered release four K with Dolby Vision, new audio commentary by Kate Ince, new visual essay by Lindsey Hallam, nineteen forty nine documentary, all kinds of archival stuff. This is an amazing movie. I hope people check this out. Yeah, is truly one of the best of all time.
Speaker 2: I have the Criterion release and I'll still probably pick it up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that looks really has Criterion. They haven't done the four K yet, right, Okay, so Criterion will absolutely be releasing this on four K. So if you are a four K and I or sorry, not four K and die. That was a weird way to say that. If you are a Criterion loyalist, this will be coming out soon on Criterion almost guaranteed this one. Nice, very nice, Uh, Chris. When I saw the November releases from Umbrella, I get a call from my bank just saying the word No. Next title from Umbrella is Full Moon Fright Box Volume one, and this will include a few films. We've got Dollman, Demonic Toys, doll Man versus Demonic Toys, Demonic Toys to All of these have new special features, new commentaries, new interviews, including with Charles Band, loaded box set, lots of stuff in here. I personally, as Jeremy staring at me, I don't love these films. They are simply not for me. However, if you love these loveful Moon, this looks like a really cool release of these. Are you a Full Moon person? Do you have you watched anything from.
Speaker 2: Franchised?
Speaker 3: Not my thing, Trancers, Subspecies.
Speaker 4: Not my thing?
Speaker 3: Totally get it? Not even I like a lot of other Full Moon somebody's favorite, someone's favorite. Absolutely, even Steffino says it's Leo DiCaprio. I understood it all right here we go. Next up is Time Crimes. Share me, this is this is an amazing movie. Have you seen Time Crimes? So Time Crimes. I'm gonna read this one out because.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't mind him. I just don't see that many.
Speaker 3: This isn't I wouldn't even classify this truly as horror. A man on the run from a relentless killer stumbles into a mysterious lab, accidentally triggers a time machine and sends himself back an hour. Suddenly, he finds himself entangled in a nightmarish loop where reality blurs and terror rains. There's a lot of words for horror after we just said it's not a horror movie.
Speaker 4: Artworks trying very hard to sell this as a horror movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah. A naked woman unconscious in the forest, A cloaked stranger with a face covered and bloody bandages, a disquieting hilltop mansion, and hector, a man whose curiosity threatens to unravel the very fabric of time, each of them pieces of an unpredictable jigsaw puzzle where every moment ratchets up the suspense and every twist plunges you deeper into a web of fear. Drama and mind bending intrigue. This will have custom artwork, art cards, all the same Umbrella stuff that we always get, plus a new interview with the director and all kinds of archival features. But that new interview is the only new thing I will say before everybody goes out and purchases this, one of the reasons that I will shout out the Disconnected Patreon if you want, the description is in the The link for that's in the description below. Sometimes we get some some heads up from people like Craig from Justin from Vinegar Syndrome and Brad from Terror Vision, and Justin said today in the discord, if you're in the US, you might want to hold out on this, which means someone else is absolutely releasing this in the US. It may not be likely somebody that he knows is putting it out too. So yeah, if you love this movie, you may want to wait and compare. Usually when he says that it's it's going to be announced fairly fairly soon after that, I would say a.
Speaker 7: Good thing about Umbrella is it's like the Collegio a box set or something like that. Their stuff doesn't usually sell out, and we have to remember that these announcements.
Speaker 2: Are for November, correct, so you have plenty of time to hold off. I think and see what this US release is gonna be.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and I know a lot of people, the ones that are if it's not four K, I'm not buying it have been saying is it going to be four K or whatever. I don't know, but we shouldn't necessarily. Did you shake your head?
Speaker 4: It looks like I may when when you said if it's not four K, I'm not buying it, I may have unconsciously shook my head.
Speaker 3: Uh. If you want more warnings like that, please check out the discord through the Patreon in the link in the description. Uh, I would agree with Erica here. I'd call it a sci fi movie before calling it horror. But I love it. It is genuinely a like close to masterpiece. Yeah, I love that movie.
Speaker 4: That standard wrap cover is fantastic that I.
Speaker 2: Might get this release end of the release. It's a phenomenal film. Why did Sumners saying what am I doing? I'm talking on the show.
Speaker 3: I think it was the way you were moving and he couldn't tell what you were doing because it looked awkward.
Speaker 2: That's just me.
Speaker 3: I'm just living babe.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: Next is The House of the Devil. Earlier I said we would talk about this soon. It is soon. So here we have all kinds of archival extras that are gonna be on this with a new visual essay by Heather Draine, who I love on the door. Heather is amazing. That being said, Uh, the odds. In my opinion, I have no insider news on this or anything, but ty West is huge right now. I imagine this is likely coming from someone else soon. And e this is not like a really great not not a really great release. All of the archival features are here, but there's only one new thing and it's not even anybody involved in the film. I figure at least a couple would love to talk about it. Yes, Simon or Jeremy is in the room. He is literally about four inches from from Craig's foot.
Speaker 2: Uh, yeah, that's set up just this.
Speaker 4: Is the Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh have you seen this one? I don't think so. What about I know you've seen it. How do you feel about this movie?
Speaker 7: I like this Two the ex Pearl Vaccine franchise is with my favorite.
Speaker 2: I think it's fantastic. It's his debut.
Speaker 3: He has got I think three before this.
Speaker 2: Well it's my favorite and uh yeah, I mean I don't know.
Speaker 3: I like it a lot.
Speaker 7: I think I think you're right that there's gonna be another thing is coming with well.
Speaker 3: Silent Man, I want Germany to touch Craig's foot or I don't believe you.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say, shot, we've got b roll from I just did it.
Speaker 2: But no one knows.
Speaker 3: I will say. If you've never seen House of the Devil, it is very unique. It's a very interesting, interesting take on this what could have been a very trope filled film. But the big thing to shout out there is one of I think in the last fifteen what did this come out two thousand and nine, right, yeah, two thousand and nine. So there's a scene with Greta Gerwig that is one of the most memorable scenes in modern film history. It is so well done and shocking. Absolutely loved that part. Continuing to our next that is the release of Oz Floitation Rarities Volume two from Umbrella. This is their second box set in just a few months that is using this title, and we are going to have Desolation Desolation Angels from nineteen eighty two, Coda from eighty seven, the thirteenth Floor from eighty eight, and of course a bunch of new extra features.
Speaker 2: And you know this is a good box set because Coda won Best Picture of the Oscar.
Speaker 3: Oh Man Good try. There are new restorations of all three of these films. Umbrella does really great work, especially when they're focusing on Ossi films. They got the rights to have all of the ocens on these. I believe you've got a forty eight page book as usual, a bunch of poster cards, a couple of reversible posters, and new audio commentaries, new visual essays, new interviews on some This just looks like a really great release, especially if you're into the ousploitation. What about you, any ousploitation, anything you're into that side.
Speaker 4: I feel bad, but every time you turn to me and how about you, I'm like, well, I haven't seen them.
Speaker 3: Why are we here? I'm just kidding. Couch says, this looks awesome. Paul says, this is the one I pre ordered. Osploitation is always good to have any collection, agreed, Tony. Now I know how OSSI's film when you look at VS releases and realize what the shipping will be.
Speaker 2: Ryan one hundred and fifty dollars an umbrella for ship.
Speaker 3: Ryan says, I've yet to get the first one. Did anyone get it? Jeremy did?
Speaker 2: It's I ordered it, but it's not. It hasn't arrived yet, but yeah, it's on its way.
Speaker 4: I understand why why all these places offer the free shipping if you order YadA YadA. But I mean, knowing how much shipping costs, I almost feel bad taking advantage of it like that is taking a giant chunk out of their profits.
Speaker 3: It's true that they literally lose money on that shipping. Yeah, all right, next up, Let Him Go from twenty twenty, coming on four K on August twentieth, from Universal, This one I feel like you might have seen did you see Let Him Go? Probably not? Craig is tired.
Speaker 4: I shouldn't be.
Speaker 3: That point. I know.
Speaker 4: Espressal machine. I'm a Kevin Costner fan.
Speaker 3: There's two of us.
Speaker 4: I've never heard of this.
Speaker 3: I've never seen it either. It's supposed to be amazing.
Speaker 4: Four years ago? What how?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's supposed to be incredible.
Speaker 4: What haven't you seen?
Speaker 2: What like that? Good story?
Speaker 4: You've seen so many movies?
Speaker 3: He watches a lot.
Speaker 4: I kind of feel like it's at this point, I'm I'm just gonna have to have stuff playing in the background while I'm working. I don't like watching stuff when I'm not watching it. But it's that or I don't see anything at this point, So right, just approve Jeremy's in the same room.
Speaker 3: I think. So that was fun, all right? Going to our next one? Only got a few left. The Beast Within coming on Blu Ray in October twenty second from Wellgo. This is starring Kit Harrington and has not even started playing in theaters yet. Comes out tomorrow, and yet you can already pre order this to be released on October twenty second.
Speaker 2: That's Holly went baby.
Speaker 3: Did you hear me?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Jeremy, You're getting even quieter.
Speaker 2: I felt like I was yelling actor louder than before.
Speaker 3: Anyways. Super Friends the complete collection from seventy three to eighty five, getting a Blu Ray and a DVD release on September tenth for Warner Brothers. This includes ninety three episodes of the animated TV series and is remastered on Blue for the first time ever. You can pre order them now.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, Back at the Hall of Justice.
Speaker 3: The pre order for the Blu Ray is not live yet, but I wonder it wasn't when I posted it earlier. I wonder if the price is live yet to see Craig go, Nope, not yet.
Speaker 2: The price for boxep yep. Okay, I guess you looked at it earlier.
Speaker 3: No, it's it's not available up there. You guess what what is your guess?
Speaker 4: That's the DVD price.
Speaker 3: The DVD The Blu ray price is not live.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, Craig's reaction. I'm gonna say that the Blu ray price.
Speaker 3: Is hold, It'll be less than that eighty three, Okay, so maybe one fifty. I'm going to guess like one twenty, way less than I thought. I won't be getting it, Chris as he missed it. Where are you guys? We are in Craig's home. Uh. This is Deaf Crocodile Headquarters. This is where all the work for Deaf Crocodile happens. All the restorations happen here. All of before the partnership with Diabolic, all of the website shipping happened from here. All of the emails that answers at all hours of the day happen here. What else happens here, keep it PG.
Speaker 4: Nothing about PG happens here. So yes, cats, cats, lots of lots.
Speaker 3: Of just two cats. Holy God. Ronnie says it's twenty one discs. Wow, I wonder if that's the DVD the Blue Race.
Speaker 4: There's only ninety something episodes episodes twenty minutes each, right, that seems like too many discs.
Speaker 6: I'm not giving any more input on this show. It just said it sound like an ant to the bottom of a well.
Speaker 3: I well, I bet that wasn't loud enough at all.
Speaker 9: You're you're pretty quiet, but I'm.
Speaker 3: If I just clicked off. Let's go to the next one. An Evening with Kevin Smith is coming to Blu Ray September tenth, And if you've never watched these, these are actually really really great.
Speaker 4: The Evening with Kevin Smith films, if you want to call them, that, are probably more interest than any of the films Kevin Smith has made. And I like his movies, right, but the dude just standing there talking and telling stories is so goddamn entertaining.
Speaker 3: Yep, it's pretty great. I can't wait to own the Sony's putting it out. It should look decent. Not much else to say.
Speaker 2: I love his films.
Speaker 4: I'm like, Craig, that was not a slam. I was saying, I like his films. These are amazing, Like I love all three.
Speaker 2: I have all three of DVD. Look it forward to upgrading this one Blu Ray.
Speaker 3: I hope the other two come out eventually.
Speaker 4: I'm assuming I must have streamed them, because I don't think I bought the DVDs, but I've seen all three. And it was first introduced to me because when I was at Imax, co worker came up to me and they're like, did you see that An Evening with Kevin Smith? I'm like, no, what's that? And he's like, oh, you got to see it. He's got this whole story about Prince. You need to see it. So that's all I needed to hear. And that documentary has still not come out.
Speaker 2: Craig is having an evening with Jeremy Long tonight.
Speaker 4: Oh God, what's what's being commented?
Speaker 3: Screw an evening with Kevin Smith? We won an evening with Jeremy Long.
Speaker 6: So I just like to address stocks comment, which is that like his films are not like his films. I think the last thing you could say about Kevin Smith is that He's literally like one of the nicest.
Speaker 3: To be fair, though, he's human and everybody's had a bad day. I know, there's a lot of times people get a read on somebody from one interaction and it just tanks you. You're feeling about somebody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, just God, listen to six episodes of Batman on Batman like I can hardly get through an episode without crying. Yeah, he seems like a genuinely nice guy. I got to see uh he and stan Lee and I don't know if Joe Asada was there as well at UCLA speaking, and that was amazing.
Speaker 3: Somebody earlier was asking if we could take a tour of Deaf Crocodile headquarters. One thing I will say, Jeremy, I'm gonna take you off for just a second or so, you know, uh, the the best part of this room as we were sitting in front of the original Pied Piper painting by Dave McKean, and that is incredible. I just wanted to shout that out because it's amazing. Let's bring Jeremy back.
Speaker 2: I could go live on my phone and then we could do.
Speaker 4: It for You're welcome to do it. There is very little to see these are a hard guy.
Speaker 3: Thank you for watching, all right. So that's Kevin Smith. Next one, burnwich Burne, also known as the alternate artwork here, Night of the Eagle coming on September seventeenth on Blue from Keno. This was previously released by Imprint.
Speaker 4: Yes, I've actually seen this one. Yeah, I haven't good.
Speaker 3: Good, and it's not.
Speaker 4: What you'd expect, especially based on that title.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're leaning into the you believing that it's very scary and all that.
Speaker 4: It's I mean, it's good, it's it's uh, what was the other title something. Neither of the titles make a lot of sense. Burnwich Burne. Probably it makes a little more sense based on the story. But it's very good. I enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: New audio commentary on this by Tim lup Kiss and then some archival extras on here as well. Glad this is coming out. You also have both versions of the film, the US burn Witchburn and the UK Night of the Eagle version. They're using seamless branching for that, so it should look great. And yeah, it was previously out of print from Keino. This is true and yeah, gotta love a movie that tells you not to watch it. The taglines here are wild the one on the Night of the Eagle. Don't see this picture unless you can withstand the emotional shock of a lifetime oh Man marketing like crazy.
Speaker 4: It's good, go see it.
Speaker 3: Michael Smith asking you, Craig, is there any chance of getting a slip for pie Piper in the future, like another slip.
Speaker 4: Uh there slip? Probably not a future release of pie Piper most definitely.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 4: There's still quite a few of the standard editions left, so we're we're just working on getting some of the our previous titles uh reprinted as they're running out, and so that Pie Piper won't be in that first batch. We've actually got some some other plans for Pied Piper because the reprints right now, our plan, our hope is for when we reprint the title to get a new slip cover. It would be very limited, like two, maybe three hundred slips. That's it, wow, And it's because we need hopefully people will.
Speaker 3: Buy those.
Speaker 4: And that would cover the cost of getting them reprinted.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: So, so yeah, we want to keep it limited because we know, we know there's this there's only so many of you are going to buy this stuff, and this is a real So it's possible Prince will be in the new scannabo, the full Criterion car and stock cases. They'll have the new layout, the back layout. It's a much easier to read, so that's what will be like Pipe Piper might not go that route, We're not. We're hoping to do something else. We'll see interesting.
Speaker 3: Another shout out to the Discord. We got to vote on the back of the releases in the Discord. You did do?
Speaker 4: You guys on the Discord had a lot of contribution into what our discs now look like.
Speaker 2: Join the Patreon.
Speaker 3: We only got a couple left. Some release details for Phil Noir The Dark Side of Cinema twenty one?
Speaker 4: Is this just details to one they've already announced in one of your shows before?
Speaker 3: Or yes?
Speaker 4: They put one of these out every week?
Speaker 3: Can I say yes to both? They they announced that titles and then later on the announces.
Speaker 4: It feels like every week there's one of these in the show and I'm like, what the hell.
Speaker 3: And they've only somehow released twenty one of these. We got a new audio commentary for Cloak and Dagger by Keith Holland, who's the guy from Cyrial at Midnight and Max the author tradition is with him. New audio commentary on Shockout on one O one by A Nay and then Gary Garani over on Shortcut to Hell. We've got a theatrical trailer for Shortcut to Hell, but that is it could be wrong.
Speaker 4: I think, Uh, where's his name? Max?
Speaker 3: Writer? Max Allan Collins.
Speaker 4: Max Allan Collins, am, I he wrote Batman for a while.
Speaker 3: Did you know? I do not know. He is not the one to comic book a lot of things, but.
Speaker 4: You look like you'd be a comic book.
Speaker 2: I have a lot of com books.
Speaker 4: That was never really a I.
Speaker 7: Was never really a Marvel DC comic guy and one of the alternative.
Speaker 3: I love how you lead in and then get very quiet.
Speaker 4: Well it's I mean, it's a little weird to get your face right up next to someone and then speak louder. I understand, Jeremy, you have some of those on your I did, but that was always more.
Speaker 3: See the shout out from Brendon here.
Speaker 4: I want to say, I love the It was really fun. Hopefully, hopefully we can do it again. We did talk to them about some of our releases coming up that definitely fell well under the.
Speaker 3: All right, going to our next one that was you, Uh, I.
Speaker 4: Have to see this.
Speaker 2: It's really good.
Speaker 3: Belma from this year coming to Blu Ray from Magnolia on October eighth. No idea on special features yet, but it's Magnolia, so probably not much of anything.
Speaker 4: The video interviews with that woman. I want the full commentary with that woman, Like I just saw a trailer and I'm like, I really really want to see.
Speaker 3: This well, and she was just I think this week or maybe late last week, she was just on After Midnight, the show that I went to the live taping list night. I need to see this, Yeah, June Squib live on After Midnight.
Speaker 4: Oh Man.
Speaker 3: Next Studio Canal is part of their Vintage Classics line putting out Cage of Gold. This is from nineteen fifty. It's a British drama from Ealing Studios, directed by Basil Dearden, starring Gene Simmons, David Ferrar and James Donald. Young bride believes her husband has been killed. After a suitable period of morning, she remarries, but then her dead husband comes back and tries to extort money from her. We got a new Liz Tregenza on dress Designer Frederick Stark behind the Scenes, and it's a brand new four K restoration of the film.
Speaker 4: I'm wondering if Stan is also feeling do I love this or do I hate that cover artwork? Because I'm going back and forth again.
Speaker 3: Stan Craig is calling on you. How do you feel about this cover art?
Speaker 4: Craig wants, how do I feel about this cover?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm a big fan of Kiss.
Speaker 4: Because their name is Simmons.
Speaker 3: But yeah, our last title for the week October twenty second, Sentai film Works is putting out Ninja Scroll, an anime and a blue ray steel book. This is from nineteen ninety three. This has been out of print for a while, so this is a big deal for a lot of people. Glad you'll be able to get this again. However, it's a blue ray steel book and it's forty six dollars kind of pricey for that, it's a lot I If you're into it, I would say check it out, but hopefully it's also available from other places as well.
Speaker 4: Yes, when I've bought steel books in the past, it was for prices half.
Speaker 3: That, especially when it's a blu ray.
Speaker 7: I must have talked about this while my Facebook was cutting hacked, but uh suspiria from in print.
Speaker 4: Yes, we did talk about the ridiculous. It is very I think read Donculus was redamned, redamned.
Speaker 3: Donculus stand says I. He's warming up to that cover.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, uh.
Speaker 3: Steven is catching up nice all in until I heard the price. Yeah, forty six is a lot.
Speaker 4: For this, and that's the street price.
Speaker 3: That is, you can pre order this right now from Sentai for forty six dollars.
Speaker 4: So what's the what are they suggesting the MSRP Probably like sixty sixty dollars something like that.
Speaker 3: I don't know if they list an msr P. Let me see you can get Actually, it's probably a lot more than that. There you go, retail of seven and that's this isn't even including shipping or anything.
Speaker 4: That's goddamn minds.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, but yeah, that's that's a hell of a lot. But that's the announcements for the week. That's it. Uh. As usual, After that, we go over the titles coming out next week in case you forgot or need to remember them, because well, we got a lot to cover.
Speaker 4: From you also kept turning to me. I was like, there you go, that's a.
Speaker 3: Good call because it's the last, the last Tuesday of the month coming next week. You got all the vinegar syndrome stuff. Someone to gloss over those, because we've talked about those to death. Arrow the Man from Uncle four K drops next week. Sony's the Lady from Shanghai for No Way Out for from Keno Election four K from Paramount Beijing. Watermelon was a U Ocean title, so I should have skipped over that. Dan's a Macabre Volume three getting its wide really next week, the first Omen dropping. I still need to watch that one. Ted Lasso the complete series coming out on Blue Housagucci four K from Shout Factory, Run Lola Run four K getting its standalone four K release. Scooby Doo and the Witch Is What Now I Forgot? And the Witch's Ghost and Scooby Doo and the Alien Invaders that double feature from Warner Archive dropping next week. In and Out four K from Keno Bwana Devil three D from Keno in the three D Film Archive. Hopefully Houses of Doom is shipping from Cauldron soon. They did say they are getting closer and closer. Eighteen Years in Prison from Radiance Northwest Passage from Warner Archive Redline seven thousand. Other Peckinpot title from Arrow sting from Well Go Us. I know, we got a little picture here that says I saw the TV Glows releasing next week. It is not that was not ever actually announced. There's no release known to come out yet. I imagine pretty soon that we'll get an a twenty four exclusive release. It's probably not definitely not big enough to get a standalone.
Speaker 2: And I saw that, I was like, I don't know about that. Yeah, exactly what you're saying. Best movie of the year though so far.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Sam Peckampoff film coming out is always good. I haven't seen that one, but I don't think i've seen a film in his yet. I didn't like.
Speaker 3: We saw it on the shelf today over at Videotech and I was with Howard s Berger and he said, oh, it's here, and he worked on it quite a bit, so he was glad to see it. Twisted coming from Keno, the Nico Master RACKUS collection from Arrow Focus four K coming out, Sherlock Holmes and The Deadly Necklace getting a standalone from seven YEP. That's that was a part of one of the chrispher Lee Box sets, Can't Stop the Music four K from Keno, Idiot's Delight from Werner Archive, Chow Pantine from Radiance, harm Scarem from Warner Archive. Cocaine Fiends the next Keno. Uh what are these called? The Forbidden Fruit line, That's what it is, coming next week, Marie A True Story from Warner Archive. There's a lot of titles for a final Tuesday of a month. War of the Buttons from Warner Archive. The Stars Fell on Henrietta from Warner Archive. Alie g in the House. I know Jeremy's excited for that one coming from Shout Factory. It's Love Again from Filmmasters. We just talked about that quite a bit.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, the Filmmasters. Wasn't that just in the announcement?
Speaker 3: It was. It was a very quiet upload to their website when it got announced.
Speaker 2: I heard from some reliable sources that this Humanist at the Bottom, yes whatever it's.
Speaker 3: Called, in this vampire seeking, consenting, suicidal person.
Speaker 8: I heard that it's actually very very good and kind of flying under a lot of people.
Speaker 4: I kind of heard that too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's already up at orbit, so if you want it, you can grab it there too.
Speaker 2: Who's releasing it.
Speaker 3: I believe it's just the studio.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 4: I'll let Jeremy by it and tell us how.
Speaker 3: Yes, Stan, I did go to Video Tech without you, but I'd love to go again. It was a wonderful place.
Speaker 2: I will not go with you.
Speaker 3: Any of these that you were excited for.
Speaker 4: I know that you went the Sam Peck and and I have to say The four K Man from Uncle is probably gonna be gorgeous, and that's a really fun movie. The Lady from Shanghai I'd be much more excited about. Except I just bought the Arrow Blu ray that I haven't even opened yet, and now the four K comes out, so that one just an what about you?
Speaker 2: Uh Blu ray box out of ted Lasso Complete series. That's exciting.
Speaker 5: There's one in a world where most TV shows are thrown out in DVD still.
Speaker 2: So that and uh, I agree.
Speaker 4: Michael Coronado, how the hell are you man? He and I work together. It's a delicious that that dude knows how to restore films.
Speaker 3: And he restored in no way out look at that.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, And I was gonna say it's a Kevin Costner film there, uh, which I think the way out that Gene Hackman in the background. Yeah, yeah, that's that's a Barry in the headline there, Gene Hackman. It's the Gene Hackman film that Kevin Costner's in.
Speaker 3: Stan is saying, what's that edition of Election? It is a Paramount Presents four K release of Election. Uh, if you want in it, it will hopefully be Okay. Paramount's kind of fifty to fifty on their four K piexes, whether they're good or not.
Speaker 2: Red Eye look right.
Speaker 3: Yes, red Eye was beautiful. Absolutely. Terry is hoping to see the Humanist Vampire on Saturday. Didn't realize The Blue was coming out so soon. But that's plain it's limited run this week. Yes, it would. That is happening more and more, And Sasha agreed fully, I am not a Chuck Norris person at all? Are you a Chuck Norris person?
Speaker 4: I was a kid, and then I realized he's a raging asshole. Growing up my parents, you know, we watched all of the you know, good Guys wear Black and all of all of his stuff we saw when I was a kid. But and then the legendary Chuck Norris meme is one of the best memes of all time. But I'm not a real fan of the guy himself.
Speaker 3: Understandable.
Speaker 2: I watched a lot of Walker Texas Ranger.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Kid as a young lad, I.
Speaker 3: Don't think I've ever seen any movies with him, and I don't you're very quiet.
Speaker 4: His movies are movies are much better I think than that, probably.
Speaker 3: I will say. Recently, while working on the Nail Gun Masker four K from Terror Vision, I got to interview Rocky Patterson, who is the build star of Nail Gun Masker four K. He's the doctor. He's hardly in it at his name that's plastered all over it, and I was like, so, Rocky, you didn't do much else after this, and he went, well, I was in a couple episodes of that Techer what do you say? Texas Walker show? And he kept saying it the wrong way and it was so much fun. The dudes have blast. Everybody needs check out the Nail Gun Masker four K. It's such a great task. But now we're here to talk about Deaf Crocodile whoah. So first, catching up for those that have not been aware, you.
Speaker 4: Have all our releases. We have like a thirty day window that we're given ourselves, but then everything will be available to any retailer that wants to carry it. So I know with Viniger Sindramosi on the slip covers, they were loath to let anyone else sell them, including us. That is, so the other retailers will be carrying our deluxe editions, and we've let them know, like you can have as many as you can sell.
Speaker 3: I'm glad it's getting out there. Uh. Sasha is asking in the chat, curious the name Deaf Crocodile. Where did it come from? This is available on their website. You can read it right now. Comes from an old movie biz story involving Victor Mature that was told to co founder Dennis Bartak years ago by Terrence Stamp. I'm not gonna spoil the whole thing. Go check it out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Deaf Crocodile. If you go on the contact page and then scroll down, it explains the name. Yeah, we wanted, we wanted something that had ties to to film history and something somewhat fun and unusual.
Speaker 3: Leads to a great logo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so we we. And then also, you know, anyone that knows me, I'm a huge Prince fan. So the given the titles we tend to go after. There was a fairly obscure Prince song that the title made sense as a name for the company, and it was really neck and neck Deaf Crocodile or Beautiful Strange and whether they had a legal foot to stand on, we would we would have been able to win the case if they decided to shoe. And his estate is rather litigious, so we're like, you know what, that's just not even though legally we have the right to so we went with Deaf Crocodile. Immediately, the image of what our logo is kind of came to my mind and I called our good friend Brian Lovell and said, hey, will you do a logo for us? And he's like absolutely, And I described kind of what I wanted and literally his first draft sketch, I was like, that is exactly what I want. He nailed it first track. He also did the Pipe Piper Standard Edition and the Vinegar Syndrome slip cover artwork.
Speaker 3: Very nice with the move from oc and overt frozen.
Speaker 5: They can see me though your face was visible when it froze, That's what they were saying.
Speaker 3: Jeremy looks so tense while frozen yes, you're in the same house.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't know if you can change Wi Fi mid.
Speaker 3: I don't think extreme. I was told not to cross the streams.
Speaker 4: Okay, don't cross the streams. That's never good.
Speaker 3: The the changeover from o CN to on your own a partner with Diabolic, how's it going so far? What's been exciting for you?
Speaker 4: The fact that we can announce like over a dozen titles tonight, that's that's a big change.
Speaker 3: That's a huge change.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, just just the kind of the freedom of being able to just do whatever the hell we want. So what's going on?
Speaker 3: We froze and Jeremy was not frozen, That's what it sounded like.
Speaker 2: Where was the.
Speaker 3: Being able to announce?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that seeing whatever we want, being able to you know, share artwork whenever we want. You know, the titles were going after hasn't changed. That's that's the same. And the you know, the effort we put into the restorations and the bonus features, that's all the same. The packaging is definitely massive, massively different. That was something I really wanted to do because I am a collector myself, and like, I don't like the big giant box sets. I don't like the packaging that's not the same size as a blue ray case. And so I was like, this was kind of like exactly, It's like, it's nicer. It's nicer. It's a little bigger, but not a not justly big. And I'm like, plus being a big on the artwork and the and the and the and the the graphic design end of things, this gave me a way.
Speaker 3: To you got more free space.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, we have. We've got two different pieces of artwork. Now, we've got the standard edition and the Reluxe Edition, and and I'm just reaching out to all my my wish list artists and so far they I've been just astonished how many have said, yeah.
Speaker 3: Well on on the design notes, we're gonna we're gonna trickle these out a little bit. The first thing we're going to talk about is this title Adella has not had Suffer yet. This is available for pre orders starting tomorrow on the Diabolic website and it is releasing at the end of August. The picture on the left is the Deluxe Edition hard box art and then on the right is the standard edition arts. If you buy the Deluxe Edition box, the standard art is in the box, so you get both of these.
Speaker 4: And the and the sixty page book.
Speaker 3: Yes, the books are incredible. This looks fantastic. What do you want?
Speaker 4: Uh, same writer director team that did Mysterious Castle on the Carpet.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 4: As fun as that film is, I think this one might be even more fun. Uh. It's very Peter Sellers Pink Panther kind of vibes to it and cross that with Johnny dangerously a little bit, and it's it's a lot of fun. It's a lot of fun. And it's a beautiful restoration. I did not do it, so I'm not taking credit, not patting myself on the back. It was done by the fine folks at the Mark. If they did the restoration, it's it looks looks fantast Like when I when David sent me the QC for the disc and I popped it in I saw it on my TV for the first time, I was like, holy shit, that looks good.
Speaker 3: Can you share bonus features or anything we're getting? No, it's okay if I can remember, that's okay. Let's go to the next one.
Speaker 4: But the usual, you know, interview probably a zoom interview, commentary track all of our All the Ducks editions with the books have two lengthy essays, yes, one by Waltshaw and then we'll get somebody else to do a second one. So he's so far not cut us off. And I've told him, I'm like, you're gonna write something for every one of our releases until you say no more. So, so, yeah, I'm excited to that that's actually a thing, because again, it's like asking some of my Beam artists to do a cover and I when I asked, Okay, would you be willing to do run for all of our releases and he's like sure.
Speaker 3: I'm like really, big deal. Van says, it's fun to have a subscription and just know these will be coming my way. Yeah, that's the big, big plus for these if you are a subscriber. Yeah, so you will be able to pre order this starting tomorrow on Diabolic. Last time they did this, it was around about midday that it went up, so check around then. And the best thing to do time this with a couple releases that will be coming out at the end of August. Throw die Box some money, make sure you get the exclusive and yeah, it's a great way to get this release. And we will learn some more about this tomorrow, I'm sure. Then we'll cover one more and then we'll take some deaf crocodile questions in the Moscow slums. This one will be available for pre order at the end of August, releasing at the end of September. I fricking love the art on this one. I gotta say it looks fantastic.
Speaker 4: Hunt Love did the slipcase for the Delexe edition and Beth Morris, who's unofficially are graphic designer because she kind of does everything for us now because she's awesome, did the standard edition cover and both look so damn good.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: This one directed by Kaarin chech Mazaarov, who's done a handful of your titles. What do you want to tell us about this one?
Speaker 4: It's based on Charlock Holmes novel and they replaced two figures from Russian history in place of Sherlock Holmes and Watson. Uh. It's a lot of fun. I mean it's uh, it's kind of like a little bit in the vein of like some of the more modern Sherlock Holms films that have been released here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but just with it.
Speaker 4: It's from Russia, so it's not quite the same, and beautiful the cinematography, the sets and the costumes.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 3: Really really gorgeous film.
Speaker 4: And yeah, it's fun. It's a good one.
Speaker 3: I will say. The coloring in this movie is shockingly it's beautiful. I I there was a couple of scenes in this that I was blown away, just not even listening or paying attention to the story, just wanting to marvel at what was on the screen.
Speaker 4: It is beautiful.
Speaker 3: Uh silent. Mannibal wants to know, are all of these that we're gonna be talking about tonight included in the sub Do we know that for sure?
Speaker 4: So far?
Speaker 3: Yes? So far? What about the rest of them coming? Probably yes, probably yes.
Speaker 4: Because there's gonna be we don't know the exact schedule yet and some of the a lot of these especially, we're moving further ahead. We're gonna be releasing more than one title a month, so one will be in this sub and then the other will be available for a discount for the subscribers, but not necessarily in the subscription. But I don't we don't know exactly what right, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Ronnie's asking what year is the movie from? I believe it's twenty twenty two.
Speaker 4: I think so.
Speaker 3: And then is there an alternate title? Yes, it is the Sign of the Four.
Speaker 4: Well, that's the original Holmes novel.
Speaker 3: I think, well, I think it's included in the title. I think that's a part of the alternate title, like when you look it up on IMDb, the Sign of the Four is a part of the title that you're looking up. Yeah, in the Moscow Slums. You'll be able to get this end of August and then we'll be shipping end of September. Anything else about this one you want through out there?
Speaker 4: No, I'm still kind of in how great the art work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna zoom in on the hont Love thing here because this is this is one of my favorite pieces of art that we will be able to see on a Deaf Crocodile on And what's crazy? The standard art is nothing crazy either, It's amazing. Both of these are just very well done. I love hunt Love style, I always have. Yeah, this is a great looking release. Any any questions for Deaf Crocodile Before we go to some future stuff, any, let's see any interesting stories that have happened recently unofficial. Yeah, that's what we're here for to hype up Deaf Crocodile. If anybody has anything, if you've watched a recent release from Deaf Crocodile, any questions about that or questions about restorations, We'll say, this is what I was gonna worry about. What is the first film, the Deaf Crocodile release that you restored? Do you know? That? Was? It?
Speaker 4: Shandigor, what's okay to be fair? That was? And this was where you get into the semantics. The what we were given was described as restored in my definition, it was preserved, which which is super important. And so they gave us a gorgeous scan that with a beautiful color grade. There hadn't been any like digital clean up stuff. So so a good chunk, a good chunk of the work was done. It was a beautiful scan, beautifully color graded. And what I did is I didn't went in and just cleaned up a lot of dirt, scratches, flicker. There was a few scenes that had some sort of of look like some sort of water damage, so they're like there was weird like water spots all over it. So a lot of I put a lot of work into into the picture. But yeah, I wasn't starting from zero because they had provided us with a gorgeous preservation looks amaze.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's a beautiful movie.
Speaker 4: And I've said it before, but but Dennis undersold that film to me so and he doesn't usually under sell things. It's usually you know, yeah, he's he's quite a salesman, and he's like, yeah, this one's pretty good. And then like I saw The Lincoln and then I watched it and I'm like, Jesus Christ, and like that thing is amazing. It's it's it's way better looking than that type of film. Like it's just weird. It's like it's a kind of a spy spoof, but not quite as spoof because it also works on its own as a spy film.
Speaker 3: And then but four minutes into it, they're making vagina jokes and the and.
Speaker 4: The and the imagery that every shot is so gorgeous.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Terry has a question for the limited number of titles that Deaf Crocodile has streaming on Canopy, is there a chance that we will see those on physical release down the line?
Speaker 4: Uh? You must probably talking about are like South Asian films. Probably we are trying to get together some.
Speaker 1: Of them, trying to maybe trying to put together a box of one of those directors films, but that's not not a done deal yet, but we're hoping.
Speaker 4: And he's absolute discovery to me, like I've just fallen in love with.
Speaker 3: Terry says he watched Gottie Children of the Sun and was curious to see more. Yeah, it's really good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's there's no no done deal, but we're we're hoping at least some.
Speaker 3: Of those we'll be able to get a physical release. Cameron is pointing out, I hope we get to see some Russian animation get brought over.
Speaker 4: Careful what you wish for?
Speaker 3: Oh Man, Well, well we're.
Speaker 4: Where there'll be a few mentioned tonight. But that's only scratching the surface. That's only scratching the surface of the Russian animation that's coming.
Speaker 3: Uh. Brendan, I'm trying to wrap my head around this. If you could rephrase, I think that would be useful. What's something you've never seen and can't find that you have a feeling would make a good release that It seems like, what's something that you don't know about that would be.
Speaker 4: Very difficult a film I've never seen? What would make a great release.
Speaker 3: Perhaps I'm misunderstanding.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, I'm not sure. I I'm trying to think of what would come close to that description. Hm hmm.
Speaker 3: Well while you're thinking, or while Brendan is rephrasing.
Speaker 4: There there's a there's a I mean, Pie Piper was kind of I didn't know it existed and then I stumbled upon a really horrible thing of it on YouTube and I was like, what the but you found it? We did find it. I mean, but that's like Dennis is, like he's he can find anything if it exists, he can find it. Like he's really like amazing at tracking stuff down.
Speaker 3: Sibmonar says, I think they mean a film that they've wanted to see but couldn't find and thinks it would make a good release. Uh, there's probably a lot in your mind.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a there's a there's a Japanese animated film that I didn't know until recently existed, and then once I knew it existed, we really.
Speaker 3: Want to put it up. Interesting. So we won't hear about that yet because.
Speaker 4: It's possible that's not signed yet. We're working on it.
Speaker 3: Michael wants to know, are you familiar with the check film My Sweet Little Village. That's probably more of a Dennis question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, well, most of our releases come from Dennis's wealth of knowledge.
Speaker 3: We got a question, had the rights to the film been open with a release of Lolo the Penguin been possible, speaking hypothetically, had it been open for a new release. Do you know the film? I'm not familiar with it, neither of mine. Sounds like an animated film most likely. And then Cameron is explaining made the comment about the Russian animation because I feel like most only no Russian animation from the cheap DTV films that have come out out over here.
Speaker 4: Well I can. I mean, we're not announcing any of those titles tonight, but there's at least twelve vintage Russian animated films coming woo, and those aren't of part of the like thirteen we're announcement to nights.
Speaker 3: So Brennaz is saying that he's asking because you both said that was the case with King Stack on Ngsung Whores. You bought the rights without having seen it first.
Speaker 4: Oh I see, I see, I see, like buying the rights to something sight unseen very very dangero. His proposition, We did that with Solomon King.
Speaker 3: Hadn't seen it just based off the music.
Speaker 4: We heard the soundtrack and we're like, how bad can the film be?
Speaker 3: That is an amazing gamut.
Speaker 4: There's another film which I think Dennis may have mentioned on that podcast. Yeah, because that's that's insane to do.
Speaker 3: So we.
Speaker 4: And I don't know if anyone heard.
Speaker 3: That because we yeah, we we just gave away nine secrets. Yeah, he said it might be happening again soon. So something else to look forward to. The sad thing you were spinning too on my end. Uh, let's see Sasha. Have you guys ever heard of Twilight of the Cockroaches. Seems like it would be up your alley. I don't know that one.
Speaker 4: I'm not familiar with that one, but just from the title, it sounds like it'll be up our alley.
Speaker 3: Then we got from Chris any idea of Sergei Parazhnov's films are preserved anywhere? Glad we have color of pomegranates, but jonesing for a four K of shadows of forgotten ancestors?
Speaker 4: Dennis question.
Speaker 3: Definitely a Dennis question, Uh, wondering if Ukrainian film preservation is extremely challenging, right, now.
Speaker 4: It's yes, there's there's a long list of films that we want to do and we're in talks to license before ship hit the fan and now we everything's just on hold.
Speaker 3: Well even I don't know how much you can talk about the most film thing, but a lot of that was if it wasn't started when it was started, it would have been impossible to do now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, yeah, yeah that that. Yeah, there are are our relationship with Moss Film happened before things went south or yeah, like it's a it's a kind of we were just very lucky at the time and then and then when the war broke out, we were just kind of panicking. We're like we just signed a deal for like a bunch of Russian films. We're like, people are gonna shoot us. But luckily people were able to separate politics from mark which is the whole like our point, like it's not you know, artists aren't waging war.
Speaker 3: Like we will come back for a couple more questions. Let's talk about a couple more of these. This one's already been announced on the show because BFI announced that they were doing the Outcast as well, but this is coming out soon from Deaf Crocodile. Any thoughts on it?
Speaker 4: Uh, yeah, I mean Irish folk horror film that is just rare in itself, that it's like an independent Irish film. And then I gave you a peek at some bonus features that are going to be on here.
Speaker 3: The restoration on the shorts look amazing, man, compared to what they were. They look it's night and day.
Speaker 4: Well because where they came from it was it was eight millimeter that had been god knows what had been done to it, but they were they were they were it were rough. But it's kind of incredible that they exist at all because it's the the writer director of the Outcasts films, he shot as a child with an eight milimeter camera with his friends.
Speaker 3: And with incredible talent.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's the thing that's kind of astonishing is is they are eight millimeters. They are amateurish. But at the same time, ah, he's He's like, you can see, like, what a story. How amazing he is telling a story with pictures because he shot he's an eight millimeter without sound, edited them and then Blake They're good. They're like like, it's kind of amazing. And some of this even some of the camera work. I'm like, this was like a team with it with a little camera, like just kind of playing around with his friends and like there's some.
Speaker 3: A small camera in Sammy Davis Junior.
Speaker 4: Sammy Davis Junior. Yeah, Charlton Heston, Peter O'Toole like, yeah, his dad worked at the studios and they knew people, so he got some cameos.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to one or two of the ones that we have not covered yet. Next up, Cathedral of New Emotions.
Speaker 4: To say this is a weird one would be an understatement. I don't even know how to describe it. Sci fi anime German. If anyone's old enough to remember the SNL Skitch Brockets, it's it's, uh, this is out there, like this is this is something that they would have shown a clip on Sprockets. Interesting, It's it's wild, it is wild.
Speaker 3: I'm very eager to see this. I love all of the animation releases so far, and uh, this looks like it it's imperfect.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's it's pretty wild. I think all of the voices are all like computer synthesized, like it's it's wild.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 4: This one's it's gonna be like, it's gonna be one of those films where like people are gonna be like that is the coolest thing I've ever seen, or people are goulda be like what what that I just was? Why it's gonna be polarizing?
Speaker 3: Well, you got some people excited already. Ronnie's in. Cameron says, Cathedral from that one image looks wild. I am down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's their spaceship. It's it's it's a hand like holding a shipping container. Uh. That little thing that looks like a like a radio dial is actually the windshield wiper.
Speaker 3: It's wild, it is, uh Cameron, and again good not for kids, not for kids, great def. Crocodile's animation releases are great, and Cameron has all of them. Kind of looks like Peter Max's artwork. It has eleven logged views on letterbox.
Speaker 4: Geez I keep saying this like, I'm like, we just like making life hard for ourselves.
Speaker 3: Well speaking of that uh uh oh stylistically stylistically reminds a hat bears of Belladonna.
Speaker 4: Of sadness that that frame maybe, but yeah Bella Donna was was was that one was really fascinating? Uh, in a real like pleasure to work on because there's very little actual animation in that. It's mostly watercolor paintings that they pan over and then so there's some watercolor, there's some actual animation, there's some like and pen and ink drawings. That one was just just amazing.
Speaker 3: To work on. Do you remember the year that it's from this one? Yes? Two thousand and six and it's German.
Speaker 4: It's do you have do you have the text document?
Speaker 3: I do have the text document Cathedral New Yeah, two thousand and six. Okay, I love. He asked if does it come with the edible?
Speaker 4: I think you'll need to supply your own. But it's probably the type of film that that might make sense.
Speaker 3: Let's do one more of these to some questions. Freckled Max and the Spooks is on the way.
Speaker 4: This one probably is appropriate for.
Speaker 3: Children nineteen eighty seven Slovak film.
Speaker 4: Yeah, based on Dennis's description and what I've seen for me, it it reminds me of Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, So it's.
Speaker 4: This orphan who ends up basically living with Rankenstein and Dracula and a ghost and all these this spooks and yeah, it's this one's pretty damn cool.
Speaker 3: I feel like you just got a quote that you can use on the website. Brendan says, your curatorial sense is the only barometer of quality I need when blind by.
Speaker 4: Well, shit, yeah, we should get a T shirt and get a T shirt for Dennis, because yeah, ninety percent of the stuff we do this is this is Dennis's curatorial sense.
Speaker 3: That's a big deal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I've come to just trust him. Like there's been a few that I'm just like, really, but I'm like, you know what he's been programming for all this time. He knows what he's doing.
Speaker 3: We did get a couple of questions earlier. Sergeant Bilbie wants to know any hope of animated films like Cat Soup. I think we we know you love your cat film, you know.
Speaker 4: I think, if I'm not mistaken, Cat Soup is really short, and yeah, if we could figure out a way to make that work, or I don't even honestly know if the rights are available, but it's too short for its own.
Speaker 3: Or yeah, I mean.
Speaker 4: Obviously we'd have scooped that up if that was a feature.
Speaker 3: It has to be a cat film absolutely, Now, that's amazing, Similar says I swear. Sometimes I feel like I've fallen into a fever dream when Deaf Crocodile drops their titles.
Speaker 4: Well, this is gonna be a hell of a dream tonight. Yeah, Ronnie wants a cat movie box set. We've already discussed that. I think we need to get to at least four titles, and then clearly it's going to be the litter Box.
Speaker 3: Litter Box set, and you'll be at four titles fairly soon.
Speaker 4: Litter Box, right, that just makes sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, litter bugs. Oh man. I love that. We're gonna have a Kickstarter and we'll say you donated to the litter Box.
Speaker 2: Oh man.
Speaker 3: Any any other questions before we keep going, Jeremy, do you have any questions for Deaf Crocodile.
Speaker 2: No questions.
Speaker 5: I'm just loving the I'm not I'm watching in the room, but as a fan, and I'm loving these announcements so far.
Speaker 2: I'm very eager to watch some of these that have been gone over so far.
Speaker 3: Well, then, on that note, let's uncover our next title, which is Gwen or the Book of Sand This, uh, this green gap is wild? If that?
Speaker 4: If that? If that one image? I mean, that's that's kind of all I needed to know, like an animated film that looks like that.
Speaker 3: Yes, this one does not have any text. Where is this from?
Speaker 4: This is French, French, and this is your first French film.
Speaker 3: I think so.
Speaker 4: Technically the first film from France, our second film in French because Shandagor was Swiss, but it was Swiss French. Yeah. Dennis and I were talking about this today, like making comparisons, like how would we describe this? And I mean the list of titles he came up with. I was just like, well, that's good company, like Dune, a fantastic planet. Uh Angels Egg, it's that vibe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and uh.
Speaker 4: Yeah Angel's Egg breaks my heart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I imagine that's when you wanted.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, we had been talking to the rights holders for years. Oh yeah, that's and then they didn't tell us who made the bid, but they told us how much it was, and we're like, okay, then have a nice day. I'm glad we spent the last four years trying to get this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this one, this looks beautiful.
Speaker 4: Though, it's it's absolutely incredibly gorgeous, and we're hoping no promises. Uh four khdr because wow, if anything that needs hdr, this is the.
Speaker 3: Film that's gonna be great. Yeah, the colors I can't imagine. Man, is this one that you're restoring or did you license the restoration?
Speaker 4: Uh? License the restoration. And I might fine tune a few things, but it's in pretty good shape.
Speaker 3: Nice. That is a plus. No new comments on questions, So let's go to our next one. Then next is mister Bill Plimpton back in the house. I married a strange person.
Speaker 4: I married a strange person. I've not watched the whole thing yet. I watched like the first fifteen minutes, and based on the Bill Plimpton I I've seen, and now like, this just feels like the Bill Plimpton movie because as far as I can tell, because he doesn't just cram like the exposition down your throat like you can kind of go with it. It seems that this guy think something and it becomes reality. Bill Plimpton has this stream of consciousness style of storytelling that fits that special ability, and the two come together and it is wild beyond imagination. It's it's it's Bill, it's Bill Plimpton's mind just barfed out onto the page and it is so fun and crazy, like it is it's fun, It's really fun.
Speaker 3: There's a It's Plimpton.
Speaker 4: Again, not for kids, not for kids, animation, not for kids.
Speaker 3: Will there be any more Plimpton shorts on this? Yes?
Speaker 4: Two?
Speaker 3: Uh to Plimpton shorts on I married a strange person and we are spoiled. We are absolutely spoiled. If that's not enough, though, why don't we make everybody's nights and also talk about mutant Aliens from Bill Plimpton also coming and now and we're back hopefully it's back for everybody else. Mutant Aliens from Bill Plimpton coming as well, even more Plimpton. This will have two more shorts. Anything about this one that intrigued? Well, actually, first, since you released the tune, you got to meet Bill Plimpton did that was pretty freaking excited.
Speaker 4: That was fun. He came to LA to screen slide his new film, so I got to go there meet him see the new film, which was great. Yeah, it was. It was fantastic. I wish he was not a New York based guy, but he is, so I was glad that he did come to LA. But yeah, and as far as this one goes, I have not seen this one yet, but I mean that frog alone is worth worth the price of admission.
Speaker 3: This is what I remember from years ago. I've not seen the previous one, but this one I remember, and it's it's plumped in classic like it's one of the best. All of this stuff is just amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we talked, We talked to them. We would talking to him a lot before we signed this deal for these two hope fingers crossed. Uh these so well, and the hope is we'll just keep signed more because he has a lot of material. He seems happy with you, and I would love to release all of his one of the shorts because some of these were restored by the Academy, like the tune was. Some of these they had a short lived deal with Shout Factory that apparently had like licensed a bunch of stuff and then made some HD masters and then just did nothing with it and then the license expired. Yeah, very weird. So they have some stuff that was already HD mastered from that that deal. But there's a lot of stuff that hasn't at all.
Speaker 3: Right, And so of.
Speaker 4: The four shorts, at least one of them we're gonna scan and I'll restore. And since we're starting from scratch. I'll make sure we do like a four K and it'll be on Blu Ray, but he'll have a he'll have a four K Master.
Speaker 3: Amazing. I do want to shout out. Since I was able to interview plumped In on the channel, one of the things I knew that I had to ask him about was working with Weird Al. And now just last week he just released a new music video and Climpton is in it some of his art there for just a couple a couple of slides.
Speaker 6: Very exciting as a lover al and that's a good combination, that combination.
Speaker 4: And then I had mentioned, sorry, we don't have anything to show you, but I had mentioned that, like, as we're doing reprints of titles that we had released through Vinegar Syndrome, they'll be in the new case with the new the new layout on the back, and then a short run of very Bill has done a new drawing specifically for the tune.
Speaker 3: God damn it, I have to buy the tune again.
Speaker 4: Sorry. We actually were hoping to get him to do it originally when we released it, and he was eyeballs deep in trying to finish the slide and he just couldn't do it. So I was like, well, we just still don't want to do it, and I was like sure.
Speaker 3: All right, So that is Plimpton Mania. Essentially, we got two of those carrying on. We still got a handful of things to cover tonight. Hey, there it is.
Speaker 4: There, it is.
Speaker 3: In the dust of stars. This is an absolutely gorgeous single frame from a film, like mind blowingly great definition. H what do you?
Speaker 4: What do I literally just like scrambling to get stuff for you tonight. I just went into the film scrubbing through it. Saw that image, was like, I put jpeg like that's that's directly from the mask.
Speaker 3: Wow. Nineteen seventy six.
Speaker 4: Uh. East German sci fi.
Speaker 3: Oh wow.
Speaker 4: And it's going to be a two film set. So the next one is probably okay, probably the other one.
Speaker 3: Let's hopefully reveal the next one in order.
Speaker 4: Nope, you did not see that, so we'll get to the other one.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well we'll talk about it more l.
Speaker 4: To East German sci fi films. One was shot in femail meter and they did a six K restoration. Wow, so that will be we'll be releasing that in a four K four K release, pairing it with this film. Also East German sci fi. This one there's no four K, so this is but you can see how beautiful the it's twenty twenty more in Los Angeles and we can't get Wi Fi.
Speaker 3: On a fairly decent computer and it's.
Speaker 4: It's not your computer.
Speaker 2: So those will be a box set.
Speaker 4: Yeah there, Yeah, there'll be a box set. Well, we'll have the other film will be four K. Then this will be the second film Blu ray and then all the usual interviews, essays, everything you expect.
Speaker 3: We'll cover that more in just a moment. But first, Yeah, the.
Speaker 4: Next one people are probably going to get excited about, I would think.
Speaker 3: Inflatable sex Doll of the Wastelands. Now this one has a very pink Ou title, but not as much of a pink Ou film it was.
Speaker 4: I think I forget the label. But but there's been a release a set of pink films and this was on the window, I believe, yes, and this was part of their set, uh they So we talked to them about what was available, and they gave us screeners and we watched a bunch of those films. And we're bad, so let me talk quick. So we watched a bunch of those pink films, figuring like, maybe there's something here we can release, and most of them were kind of just cheap, smart right. This one, however, was different. Written by the co writer of Brand at the Kill, I think this is actually directed and there we are, all right, sorry, So yeah, this one was different. This one, this one less seemingly just cheap, exploitative, and it has a really amazing kind of noir crime vibe to it. So I immediately was like, the title is just ridiculous. I'm embarrassed every time I have to say it. But the film's really kind of cool. So it's this We're going back to the We got the scan, the roscans that the Third Window had had used. They just basically I'm gonna spend way too much time trying to make it look look as good as possible. We've had this for over a year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you and I talked about we were talking.
Speaker 4: We've been we've been kind of plugging away and trying to get this as good as we can get it. Part of that is is audio. The audio is a mess in places is a mess audio mechanics, and the geniuses there are going to try to do their best with it. They were like, can you get another scam? And we're like, we tried, we can't. Like this is it? So our release will be unless someone miraculously finds new elements somewhere, will be the best this This can look and sound and it's a very cool film, regardless of the ridiculous title.
Speaker 3: Well, there's also another still from it, and uh is a great looking shot.
Speaker 4: It's one of my favorite shots in the film. And I was I was explaining to to Ryan earlier, this is this is like halfway through the shot. It actually starts further back. It's got a very like Leoni kind of feel too, because he's got a In the beginning of the shot, there's a clock in the foreground that's, for whatever reason, sitting there on the ground, and then it passes the clock and kind of zooms in under these guys. I don't know if you could tell, but the guy buried up to his head is smiling, and that guy's not gonna do anything nice to him, So it's a wild movie nice.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: That shot has all the vibe of this is fine going through that guy's head. All right, hopefully this is the other East Sherman. Nope, never mind, another great looking shot Kingdom in the Clouds.
Speaker 4: This is another. This one's a Romanian if.
Speaker 3: I'm Romanian nineteen sixty nine.
Speaker 4: Yes, that one is another two for uh, we've got two films from Romanian director. And I want to pronounce this right, even though it's not that complicated. Eliza Bathe the Boston Boston. Yeah, yeah, I don't think they quite pronounced it the same that way.
Speaker 3: But but one of only a handful of female filmmakers who worked consistently in the fantasy genre exactly.
Speaker 4: So we've got two films from her. Interesting we'll be putting out as a set.
Speaker 3: This is very Patushco. It looks like you.
Speaker 4: Like, if you like the Patushco films, you're gonna want this. It's it's right up there with his stuff, with the amazing uh visual effects. And I think they even use sets O W from some of his.
Speaker 3: Just leave.
Speaker 4: And We're back, all right, so uh just go very very similar to to his his fantasy films U and in fact used I think some of his sets quick Next one before Quick Next one.
Speaker 3: Okay, now, uh mama aka rock and roll Wolf.
Speaker 4: So yeah, this is the other one from Elizabeth to Boston. This is a musical, and it is a wild musical there there, it's they're they're all dressed as animals. He's the wolf, assuming like the big bag wolf with it's got to be at least ten fifteen minutes long. Towards the end, it's just this ice Capades number, like it's all singing and dancing on ice, right, it's wild. Dennis posted that frame on Facebook the other day and he was shocked at how many people knew what that was.
Speaker 3: People were very excited. Yeah, this is nineteen seventy six, so seven years after the previous film should be a great double feature.
Speaker 4: So yeah, So we had we had licensed the two films, and they sent us the master that they had for Kingdom and the Clouds, and then they sent us the master they had for this and I was like, oh, I think it was a very bad telesiny from way back.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 4: It was rough, and so we told him, We're like this, this isn't gonna work, right, do you what can you do? And so they were like, well we can. We'll scan the film. So this is from the new scan. I should have given you the before. It's dramatically better.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 4: The color is gorgeous.
Speaker 3: It looks amazing.
Speaker 4: The color, the color was all gone. And the other one it was like, I think it was interlaced, it had stepping and it was it was in rough, rough shape.
Speaker 3: And now you can see individual purple dyed hair follicle. That's crazy.
Speaker 4: That said, it's still gonna need a good chunk of work. That's a still.
Speaker 2: Rocky horror meets Phantom of the Paradise.
Speaker 3: And yeah, Vance is saying from IMDb it's a cult hit in Norway and shown every Christmas on Norwegian TV, which is what some of the comments were saying on on Dennis's that they watch it every Christmas.
Speaker 4: And I'm pretty sure this one's kid friendly.
Speaker 3: Oh interesting, we don't have a lot of those. Nope, not at all. Next one signals the other.
Speaker 4: That's so, this is the other East German sci fi film. This will be on a four K disc because this was shot seventy milimeter. It is, to be fair, it's a two thousand and one rip off. It's really beautiful like that. This the photography, the effects.
Speaker 3: Oh it's from nineteen seventy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's pretty incredible.
Speaker 3: The first and most ambitious of two epic space operas the prolific East German genre director Gottfried Kold. It's made for the state run d e FA film studios. Yeah, this looks great, it's very cool. I can't wait to see it and doing a uhd you guys are gonna do great uhd's. I can't wait to see the first one of those.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll mention the first one because it's not what we thought was gonna be the first one, right.
Speaker 3: All right, next list here The Devil's Bride, so.
Speaker 4: Rock and roll. Wolf is a musical. Yes, anyone that knows me knows not a fan of musicals. So of course, within like a month, Dennis, we signed two music. I can't lie the old I've only really watched the opening like nine minute number. This this, this literally is like one of the first shots in the film, right and yeah, you know this is not CGI either day. It's gorgeous and so that's God sitting on the throne. This is heaven. They then have a party and they're singing and dancing, and then the devil tempts somebody at the party, and then the party gets out of control, and then God gets angry and shuts down the party and kicks the Devil out of Heaven. That's the opening of the film.
Speaker 3: Wow, it's incredible.
Speaker 4: It's Yeah, everything I just described is to like disco esh music in singing and dancing. It's it's it's I wish I should have I should have just made a clip of that, at least the part of that opening for you. So you like, it's hard to describe.
Speaker 3: Well, Dennis's copy. Imagine a wildly surreal early nineteen seventies Lithuanian rock opera directed by Ken Russell.
Speaker 4: We've never tried streaming stuff, so like, right when it just goes out for a second, you don't notice it just playing in your phone.
Speaker 3: All right, I will finish this. So this is nineteen seventy four of the Devil's Bride. Imagine, a wildly surreal early nineteen seventies Lithuanian rock opera directed by Ken Russell circa Tommy that is equal parts Jesus Christ Superstar, Fiddler on the Roof and the Wickerman or Blood on Satan's Claw. And you have some idea the elemental strangeness and beauty of this film. I mean, this is looking fantastic. Uh yeah, I'm very eager to see this one. Pulp Viking is very excited about musicals coming.
Speaker 4: So far too.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, this sounds absolutely And this.
Speaker 4: One, this one's so obscure when I was googling it trying to get information, if you don't add the word Lithuania, you're not gonna find it.
Speaker 3: Like all right, jumping straight into our next one, since we're blowing some people's minds the past. Somebody asked for Russian animation. Russian animation, and this is a pure right there. This is a scan of the film cell.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's that's the rascian Like I was, I was going as quick as I could to get you guys stuff to see. And you know, we haven't done anything to it yet. I'm looking at comments. Sorry, I just went completely silent on.
Speaker 3: What about the past, because this is one that not many people will know at all.
Speaker 4: Right, we've actually there was somebody just recently on Twitter asked.
Speaker 3: For this specifically nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 4: And it is also I don't think I have This is going to be another one that's paired with another film, so there's going to be too Russian animated sci fi films.
Speaker 3: Very nice.
Speaker 4: That that's just one frame example, like this visually is really spectacular.
Speaker 3: I mean it looks very unique.
Speaker 4: I see I do see someone that's con discerned with the musicals as they subscribe. Uh, we're not going hardcore into musicals.
Speaker 3: Only two so far.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no other musicals have been signed.
Speaker 2: And if you like that crocodiles lineup, give them much chance anyway.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're not gonna these are not Broadway. Imagine The Devil's Bride playing a Broadway. So yeah, it's it's yeah, they're they're they're they're not going to be something like you'd see here in the US.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this this looks stupendous. And with more Russian animation coming, I'm very eager to check those out. I don't know that I've seen many Russian animations, so it's an exciting time.
Speaker 4: So yeah, these are a bit do you have the year on the past eighty eight eighty eight, So yeah, so the this two this two film set, uh are gonna be a little bit newer. We've got some really vintage stuff coming of Russian animation that people are going to be pretty excited about.
Speaker 3: Brendan says, long lived deaf crocodile. If this stuff comes you guys are definitely champions at home video. There's no if. Yeah, Craig is breaking his back to get these out.
Speaker 4: The only way these aren't coming out is if God forbid, no one buys our stuff and we go out.
Speaker 3: Well, here's the next quote for the website. I trust you guys, even with musicals. Well, we actually have a couple more interesting things to share. Let's go to our next one, which is, oh yeah that my lim is going to go off in three minutes.
Speaker 4: Let's talk quick Tamla twenty a punk cat in space.
Speaker 3: Yes, this is a beautifully animated film about some a lot of political ideas.
Speaker 4: Actually it is, Yeah, it's it's it's more of a political commentary than than a children's movie that looks like Hello Kitty, because it's not that, not even a little bit. I don't even know how to describe it. There's there's a couple of shorts that are going to be on it that that is a sassy little cat, very much too very sassy.
Speaker 3: Not for kids.
Speaker 4: There, I know it looks like Hello Kitty, not for kids.
Speaker 3: Not really no fun movie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and uh, we we've got a lengthy interview with the co director k from Tall t o L which is a tree of life trees A player interview with him on the on the disc and they are just finishing up a new Tamala film feature.
Speaker 3: I did not know that part was great.
Speaker 4: They gave us a teaser trailer that will be on the disc for for the new film.
Speaker 3: Excellent, and it looks really cool. Excellent.
Speaker 4: So yeah, Japanese animation.
Speaker 3: Yea, this one's great. I need life, you will have it, Sasha says, punks and cats, are you guys putting this out just for me?
Speaker 4: Also, it's I don't I didn't give it to you here, but Death Morris's slipcover she designed for this is gorgeous film.
Speaker 3: I am eager to see that. Okay, now, Fella Day, We've got an animated gift here.
Speaker 4: So yeah, we have a wealth of really fun extras and bonus material and uh from Fella Day, all right up. Paul Boulger, the lead character designer, just gave us a file dump of character designs and so much stuff. So yeah, I'm being the crazy cat person. Uh in the Deaf Crocodile Stable. Not for kids, No, not at all, kittens. I mean, I love so many of our releases. I am giddy over this one. Not only is it a cat movie, not only is it animated, we have the original negative four K scan that looks absolutely gorgeous. This and the release is gonna I mean, if the book needs to be bigger, than the book will be bigger and we'll make a bigger slipcase like like, I'm very excited about this release.
Speaker 3: This is gonna be a big deal. This is a giant four K release. I cannot imagine the response that this is going to get. I hope, so very excited for it. We didn't get anything for it, but anything we have announced previously Trapped Ashes, then I never got it. I'm I'm I'm missed.
Speaker 4: I sent you.
Speaker 3: Oh yep, I did get it. Damn it all right, hold on, let me let me share something else. Let me go share a file. How do I do this? One second? Trapped Ashes? What can you tell us about Trapped Ashes? While I search?
Speaker 4: He's looking for a behind the scenes photo of Ken Russell. Trapped Ashes was written and produced by Deaf Crocodile's owned Dennis bar Talking. It is his homage to horror anthology films that he loves so much.
Speaker 3: Yes, it is wild.
Speaker 4: I love that he when he told me that that when it came out and they went to the screening with all this like friends and family, and after they left the screening, they all kind of looked at him, like you wrote that. And his response was you've known me how long? And you thought I was normal. It's a wild movie. And because we had really good elements, and we're like, well, shit, this is Dennis's movie.
Speaker 2: We need to do this right.
Speaker 4: This is gonna be our first four KHDI release.
Speaker 3: First four K for Trapped, and this is this is a very colorful movie.
Speaker 4: It is Yeah, yeah, it's it's it's yeah. Especially the wrap around story. They use lots of lots of Yeah. I'm not a I'm not as well versed on the Italian horror films, but I know that there's lots of like gels and crazy colors. It kind of reminded me of that.
Speaker 3: And and the HDR it's gorgeous.
Speaker 4: Ye. So yeah, so this will be four K HDR And we've got the two usual essays. We've got an article from Fangoria from back when it came out. Nice to there and then he and then Dennis has you know, a lot of a lot of set photos and stuff. So that book actually is is bigger. So we had to get a uh get the the printer to manfact its manufacturer a different sized slip cover box because the book's going to be bigger. But yeah, if you like, you know anthology horror films that don't take themselves too seriously.
Speaker 3: That are from well known direct Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, ye Bury the Leader, right. Yeah, so Dennis put Dennis pulled this together. It's kind of amazing. Uh, It's it's an anthology film with a wrap around the story that ties it together. The wrap around is directed by.
Speaker 3: Help me, Oh, I don't have a list in front of me.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I'm so bad with names. This is embarrassing. Uh, Joe Dante. Yes, so Joe Dance did the wrap around, which I mean that that would be incredible enough.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: Then the I think it's the first segment is directed by Sean Cunningham, who is from Friday the Thirteenth Fame. The reason this film exists is because Denn was good friends with Monty Hellman and wanted to produce make a movie and be like, you know, you should be working more than you are. I'm going to make a movie. Just so you are working. And also his name helped get the you know, helped to get the financing. So Monty Hellman directed probably, but I think most people say it's the best segment, which is kind of in all of these stories, as crazy as they are, are all based on some like thing that really happened. So that's terrifying, especially especially when you when you especially when you see some of these stories and you're like really like, yeah, it's crazy, but so yeah, Monty Hellman, and then you took the screenway Russell. His is probably the craziest, which.
Speaker 3: If if you've ever wanted to see nipples that bite.
Speaker 4: Their vampire breasts, but and the the effects are good, because oh god, so embarrassing. Robert Scotesek is legendary, was like effects supervisor, and then the last segment was I think his first thing. He directed with John Gata, who is best known for doing all the visual effects and winning the Academy Award for the Matrix Effects. So he did the last segment and and they actually it's interesting in the in the interviews and the supplements, he talks about some of the people that he worked with creating the effects for that that segment that were, which is how a lot of dependent films with no budgets you have to come up with different ways of doing things. And he's like, yeah, we kind of came up with a new way of doing these effects that nobody had really done before, and it's kind of sort of become like how you kind of do things in a.
Speaker 3: Lot of ways.
Speaker 4: Right. One of there's three i think three zoom interviews with cast members and crew and people, so it's kind of like a reunion. And my favorite of him was was mostly kind of a round table just reminiscing about Manti Hellman and telling stories about him, which was was really interesting and good story in there about how he kind of helped Quentin Tarantino and Reservoir Dogs.
Speaker 3: A really great story. Big deal.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that's our first four k HDR. It looks gorgeous, We have beautiful artwork we'll share somewhat soon.
Speaker 3: A ridiculously great release.
Speaker 4: Certainly are physically biggest for sure, two and six. But yeah, it's just legend directors doing each segment.
Speaker 3: Well, and not only that, John Saxon, oh yeah, forgot that. And Dick Miller.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Dick Miller's got a cameo Henry Gibson has got a large role in it, which he's one of those actors where you're just like, oh, I love that guy, but you don't know who he is, Like, Yeah, it's Henry Gibson, he's awesome.
Speaker 3: Or that guy Dick Miller literally from the documentary. Yeah, these are all incredible. Uh really cannot wait to hold most of these in my hand. I kind of think that's it. Anything else, Steff Crocodile that we don't have pictures for that you want to.
Speaker 4: Hype up or plead with the crowd now, I mean, I'm I'm certainly happy to answer questions if anyone has questions. But but we dumped a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we dumped a lot. Chris says, God bless Ken Wrestling is Lupy Horney aesthetic? Amen? Uh? Eric, good evening, been listening for a couple hours. Just been busy. You want to pop in and say super excited for every one of these announcements, Brandon says, time for me to go watch something. Thanks again, Craig for dropping all this news and doing good work vance. Any surprise is left for subscribers or is that pretty much it for the first year? Uh?
Speaker 4: I don't know the exact schedule yet, but there's a lot of this, a lot of stuff we haven't said so, and schedules change all the time, so it can be very interesting when when some of those come through. Who knows a lot of times it's the it's the how long it takes me to work on a restoration. Right, if we've got something that that doesn't need restoration, thank you Alexa.
Speaker 3: Where you said to us.
Speaker 4: But yeah, if I've got something that's taking longer than I thought, and we've got a tagle that doesn't need restoration, we might have to shift the schedule. Well.
Speaker 3: And again some of these, like you and I talked about stuff last September that were already a nightmare that still has not been announced. So it's it's gonna take a while for some of these.
Speaker 4: Yes, some of them are very difficult. Oh it's it's look, but uh, we did just I just posted that the box from the Kickstarter.
Speaker 3: Yes, those we don't have.
Speaker 4: We're holding a tiny fraction of it so far. That was like the first little bit that showed up at the warehouse, right, and I had Jesse like send me a cell phone picture. I was just like it was amazing. It was amazing to see it. Actually, it's a thing. It was so hard to get that to come together because it where started what it was going to be, and then when it turned into just made the logistics and nightmare right. But I think it looks like we pulled it off.
Speaker 3: I'm excited for it. There's so much coming. I mean, there's so much to so much to anticipate and the again, the restoration work that you do is always my from Chandigor held before that from some delicious stuff, and you do great work, Craig, Thank you. Steffino wants to know can I still get in on the subscription?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No, but but at the six month mark you'll be able to get the second six months probably November. That was in June, so November, December somewhere.
Speaker 4: I'm guessing maybe November will be like the design period for like the next six months. What was I gonna say? Oh? Twitter is not necessarily my favorite platform, but it's easy. So as I'm working on Peladay, I've already shared like frames and stuff as I've been working, so I'm probably going to keep doing that. As I'm working. I'll be like, well, that's freaking cool. I need to save a screenshot of that. And so if you follow us on Twitter and you want more Pheladay stuff, there'll be more.
Speaker 3: Also, dev Crocodile is one of the best labels for how they use their email newsletter. If you've never subscribed, go do that drops lots of exclusives, pictures of restoration work, highlights upcoming theatrical screenings, which you guys do with some Yeah, and the.
Speaker 4: Last newsletter was the first time we did it, and the person apparently didn't read their newsletter, but just randomly grabbing a name out of our subscriber list. And I'm like, if you get back to us, you know, within like a week, we've got stuff we'll give you for free, tons of giveaways, so like slipcovers that aren't available anymore, and and and discs and whatever, any any just cool stuff just for being a subscriber. And I grabbed grab your name out of the list. But like I said, last last month, the person didn't reach out, so so I will I will add I'll pull a different name this this this next newsletter. So yeah, sign up.
Speaker 3: Uh, Devin wants to know or Devon, can you say what the other Russian film in the box that is is that to go with the past? Do you know offhand yet?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 4: The one moment, please please hold.
Speaker 3: As he's looking for that. I will tease something for Disconnected, which is less exciting.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: But if you thought tonight was fun, next Thursday we are celebrating the three year anniversary of Reconnected and going to be getting as many people as humanly possible into Jeremy's apartment to stream for everybody. And you are You're gonna be seeing a lot of people and we're going to do our best to make it a super fun show. Found it is that.
Speaker 4: The Mystery of the Third Planet.
Speaker 3: Mystery of the Third Planet is the other Russian animation. Yeah, so that will be a little older.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that will be the one paired with the past.
Speaker 3: Vance. No, subscribers are not automatically on the newsletter. You got to sign up on the Deaf Crocodile website.
Speaker 4: Yeah if you if you haven't been to our website in a while, it should just pop up a little pop up that asked you to sign up for the newsletter.
Speaker 3: Def Crocodile dot com. Thanks for that pull up. I appreciate that it says Reconnected is the best weekly show on YouTube. Well three years going strong, and I've only ever missed one and we're not missing it. Next week, Chris is Chris Silvestri is coming to Jeremy's next Thursday. We will open you with open you. We will welcome you with open arms. If you come to l A, Chris, please come hang out. Anything else, least call gentlemen.
Speaker 2: I think so, I would say that. I mean, I'm sitting here. You know, Craig and I have.
Speaker 10: Craig and I have gotten together outside of the show a couple of times now and happy to call him a fro. But I'm sitting here today as a co guest on the show, watching him all as a fan because I just am so stoked for all these releases, genuinely, not just saying that because Craig.
Speaker 2: Might. Ryan knows. Def Brocketdell is one of the only labels that I'm complete on.
Speaker 10: I love I love your guys stuff, and well, thank you, superstarked for all these upcoming announcements.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of bangers. I agree. It's been a hell of a night and now literally you have almost all of the titles for the next who knows how long to anticipate, to love, to look forward to. We'll hear details. Usually last Friday of every month, is that, yeah, which is tomorrow? Which is tomorrow?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So the last Friday months will be the that the next pre sale will start, start pre selling the next title, and then that title releases the last Tuesday of the next month, so like basically like a month later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, lots of great compliments. Super excited about everything. Craig is announced to night. Polpe says, to those who haven't got World War three, just buy it and watch it. It's fucking amazing. Dev Crocodile is the safest labeled blind by four. Everything is a banger fact.
Speaker 4: I mean that's I really appreciate that. And it's really kind of like I don't know how to but you kind of me. The stuff we released no one's heard of, so like you all, yeah, we really rely on people's trust and faith because like we know, you haven't heard of.
Speaker 3: This stuff, right, Terry says, definitely feels like getting the deaf Crocodile subscription was one of the smarter things I did this year. Love that. Thank you all right. On that note, thank you Jeremy for hanging out. Thank you Craig for making all exclusives.
Speaker 4: We will be not every day you come to LA and and do the show live from my house. I'm like, well, yeah, like, I gotta give you something according to five.
Speaker 3: From Somewhere from somewhere was where, but it's somewhere again. If you are interested in a chat where we uh you know, promote all these releases, check out the Disconnected Patreon link of the description below. The discord is by far the most welcoming and supporting online community for film in my opinion. I know I'm slightly biased, but it's pretty great. We have multiple people from multiple labels just hanging out giving away exclusives. If you're into it, check it out. Other than that next Thursday, don't miss that one. It's gonna be crazy. Jeremy's house is going to uh probably smell a little bit, but it's gonna be a good time. And uh.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I know.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 3: We shall see you all next Thursday. And until then, I have a great Go watch a movie tonight, preferably one release by def Crocodile. Thank you for watching The Disconnected. On the way out, make sure that you are a subscribed to the channel, that you've liked the video and that you've copied the link to be able to share with someone else that may appreciate this
Speaker 4: Me