Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to kf I A M. Six forty, The Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Gary, John and Des Moines. I really feel for you and Shannon's constant wanting to adopt animals. What's going on here anyway? Love the show, have a good day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, it's a thing, you know, it's a it's a show staple of just throwing it out there, just the idea that we could get an animal.
Speaker 3: For the show.
Speaker 1: Right, And then it's like when we had the baby. Remember when we had our first baby, Reagan. Yeah, that baby's got to be five years old. Oh, the baby's older than five. I did that baby about six.
Speaker 3: Oh it's a lot older than five.
Speaker 4: Joe in a short life. Years are a long time. I don't know.
Speaker 5: Hey, Gary, little tip from my dad to me to you. When you feed Peter, get all up in his face, pretend you're eating his food, push him away, shot him away, because this way he won't get aggressive if other dogs go to eat his food, or if a kid happens by what he's eating.
Speaker 6: Yes, we mess with him all the time. That's part of the training of especially for a puppy, they have to be patient with their food, like they don't get they don't eat it until you tell them they can eat it, which can sometimes mean you put the bowl in front of him and.
Speaker 3: You just stare at him and you you just play with play with his mind.
Speaker 4: That's horrible.
Speaker 6: I I am the one in control here. This is my toxic masculinity and I'm taking it out on my dog.
Speaker 4: Wife is so lucky.
Speaker 6: And when he goes to eat it, you get your hand in there and you mess with him so that he knows that it's okay.
Speaker 1: My husband increasingly is calling it my feeding time? And is it time to feed Shannon? And if it was started as a and now I've had it, I.
Speaker 4: Am not a farm animal.
Speaker 6: Does he put a plate in food in front of you and then make you make eye contact with him before you say releases you?
Speaker 1: Yesterday he made some bacon for me, which I appreciate, but then he like brings me the plate and he's like feeding time, Like what the hell is this? And it's gonna be really uncomfortable when I get back.
Speaker 3: You said it with a mouthful of bacon too.
Speaker 4: What else is going on?
Speaker 3: Time for what's happening.
Speaker 1: Wow, we're going to get an update about Debbie, the tropical storm that has been quite deadly, killing at least four people. The flooding, they say could be historic. As this thing plays.
Speaker 6: Out, there's gonna be all kinds of rain that discussions in places like Savannah, Georgia, up through South Carolina. Thirty inches of rain is possible in some of those areas. The Dow Jones Industrial average is down again.
Speaker 3: It's down below. Let's see, it's below.
Speaker 6: The thirty nine thousand markets lost more than one thousand points again. The Japanese stock market, the Nieke index, dropped twelve percent, their worst crash since nineteen eighty seven, since Black Monday. Of course, it was the first chance for traders there in Toko to react to the report that showed American employers slowed their hiring last month. And as we talked with Mick mulvaney, of course, former White House Chief of Staff, former Director of the Office of Management and Budget, he was saying that that's just part of it. I mean, there are other indications that this is a normal retraction. It just certainly feels different when you lose a thousand points a day.
Speaker 3: On Wall Street.
Speaker 1: Dangerous temperatures around here for the first part of the week one hundred and ten. In some areas, we've got an excessive heat warning through Tuesday, Tuesday night, I believe tomorrow at five for the Antelope Valley, Western end All, the Analyp Valley, Santa Clarita Valley, San Gabriel Mountains, Highway fourteen, Calabasas a grilla.
Speaker 4: You know the trouble spots.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the hotspots, Yeah, the hot spots.
Speaker 6: This I have played on this golf course. I know exactly where this is. This A plane landed on a golf course in Sacramento.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the hagen Oaks golf Complex in Sacramento. Not named after Walter Hagen, it's a different spelling.
Speaker 3: I don't even know who it was named it.
Speaker 4: That's what I am going to look.
Speaker 6: The plane skids over a putting green, misses one guy who is getting ready to golf there.
Speaker 3: The plane eventually came to rest.
Speaker 6: It kind of spins around on its belly and comes to rest just outside the pro shop. Miraculously minor damage to the to the pro shop, I mean, pretty extensive to the airplane itself. Nobody on the ground was hurt. The pilot was able to walk away from the crash with a cut on his hand, and that was it.
Speaker 1: The hagen Oaks Golf Club is named after James ben Ali Hagen, a nineteenth century land and water baron. He was born in eighteen twenty two and had Harrodsburg, Kentucky. His reputation included being one of the most successful mining men of the country.
Speaker 6: Surprised that they didn't take his name off of that. He would have been right around that era when he bad people owned everything right.
Speaker 1: He was a breeder in the sport of thoroughbrood horse racing, made a fortune after the Gold Rush.
Speaker 3: Uh ding Dong.
Speaker 4: We had Turkish ancestors. How fascinating.
Speaker 6: Buca di Beppo, his child, has filed for Chapter eleven bankruptcy.
Speaker 4: There's a Hagen museum in Stockton.
Speaker 6: Buka Dibeppo has forty four locations around fourteen states, two international locations, eight restaurants in California, most of them here in the LA area, and they're all they're all going away. No education that they sorry come Oddy's Market. They said they're going to close several locations, but maybe not all of them, at least not yet.
Speaker 1: Hagen owned the colt Tyrant, which in eighteen eighty five he sent to compete as a three year old on the East Coast, where he won the prestigious Withers and Belmont Stakes, the latter becoming the third leg of the Triple Crown series. Of course, the following year has called Ben Ali won the eighteen eighty six Kentucky Derby.
Speaker 3: I knew all of that.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, you're just filling in information that doesn't need to be build into my head.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 6: The Orange County Fair provided a one million dollar winner, although the fair didn't have anything to do with it. Somebody bought the Orange County sorry, the California lottery ticket at the lottery ticket booth last week. They partner with local vendors to operate the fair booths, does the lottery five Star Liquor in Westminster in case in this case was running the booth at the OC Fair this year a scratcher ticket worth a million dollars.
Speaker 1: Hagen, when he was seventy five, married a twenty eight year old Margaret Vorhees. She was a niece of Hagan's first wife. I bet you didn't know that, yeah, that's weird.
Speaker 4: Gross.
Speaker 3: Back in the old days, they didn't have.
Speaker 4: Rules, well, decency, they did.
Speaker 6: Have any of that stuff, but they also didn't have a wider net. They didn't have dates.
Speaker 1: It was like the cougars in the mountains before the bridge has been built. Right, Yeah, just banging around with family members.
Speaker 3: Fifty years your junior too.
Speaker 6: Vice President Harris's coronation is going to become officials.
Speaker 3: What happened Monday night?
Speaker 6: Her party is expected announced tonight the results of the online voting by delegates. We knew that she had enough by Friday, but this is just the of course, the I guess final nail in the coffin her nomination. Of course, she'll be officially nominated at the convention coming up in Chicago, starting on the nineteenth. British Prime Minister car Starmer says a standing army of specialist police will be set up to deal with rioting and their justice issue. The system will be ramped up to deal with hundreds of arrests after violent fights rock cities across the nation over the last week. The Prime Minister held an urgent meeting with ministers and top law enforcement officials so he tries to end violence and attacks on immigrants, mosques and hotels that are housing asylum seekers. This, of course, was whipped up. The anger was whipped up over a stabbing rampage at a dance class last week.
Speaker 1: Tropical Storm Debbie moving across northern to Florida after making landfall as a Category one hurricane. At least four people have been killed in Florida as a result. Alex Stone joins us from ABC News about the latest. Alex, This thing looks like she's going to take her time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she's moving slowly right now in big And it's not so much about the wind as it is the rain in this and the flooding that the Debbie is doing. She's in northern Florida and Georgia right now, but it is a lot of rain mixed with the wind that's creating the problems for air travel, and that then goes to the hubs and then all the way out to la and a number of flight cancelations, even about a dozen or so at LAX today, And a lot of it goes back to what's going on in the East coast.
Speaker 3: But just give you a feeling of it.
Speaker 7: This is the Gulf Coast this afternoon so there's definitely the wind in it as well, but that is what they're battling when it comes to travel. Twenty one hundred flights are canceled today, forty five hundred delayed right now. And you just look guys at the airports with the most canceled flights today and the list of anywhere in the world those that have the most, and it's long. It goes Orlando, Tampa, Miami, Charlotte, the Guardia for Lauderdale, Atlanta, Chicago, Hair JFK, Newark, Philadelphia, Boston, Reagan National, Jacksonville, Southwest Florida Airport, Dallas, Detroit, Nashville, Houston, George book Bush, and Palm Beach, all before the first airport outside of the US with cancelations number wise, that being Tel Aviv. So this thing is wide, it is big, it's impacting a lot of people. American Airlines Southwest, Spirit Delta, they have the most canceled flights today, so it's going to be a problem even if you're flying out here as well.
Speaker 6: They're also talking about this slowing down and just churning over Georgia, South Carolina, the north east part of Florida, so the rains you know, like you said, the wind with the rain right now, but the rains with the flooding could cause some massive problems.
Speaker 3: Helping all of the rain already.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And in parts of Florida, search teams are going out for people who are stuck in floodwaters and people have been coming out of flooded neighborhoods barefoot, trying to get away from the waters that are coming up. But the concern now as it goes into Georgia and into the Carolinas is it's sitting over those areas.
Speaker 3: And hitting lower level.
Speaker 7: You know, when you're in the Charleston Savannah area, they call it the low country, and water that can come in and inundate those areas. Some of the officials are warning heavy rain through Thursday. They're believing that's how slow this thing is moving that emergency managers are saying, if you see the water coming up now, it's going to be really bad in a couple of days, so get out now. They're trying to urge people to begin evacuating, but it's going to go on for a number of days.
Speaker 6: All right, Alex, thank you good stuff. You got a nice fox stone.
Speaker 3: They're the latest for us from ABC News Alex.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know we're not in it, but Alex always has a way of making things that are disaster areas seem comforting, somewhat calm, Yeah, calmer.
Speaker 3: Yes, you've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 6: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio ap