Speaker 1: Ah, Yes, it's The Man Show ninety seven point one the Eagle. So here's what's going on at her Toado Barbecue and the Dallas Farmers Market where we've got one more hour of the show coming up here in twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: You gotta be here in person.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do the drawing for two sets of mav tickets for tonight's game. Tonight's game, you gotta be here. We got two pairs we're gonna be giving away here in twenty mets. I'm gonna be heading down to the arena to do the game.
Speaker 2: KT.
Speaker 1: You and Christina are gonna hold down the last segment. Are you guys just gonna shoot from the hip or do you actually have a plan.
Speaker 3: Well, we're gonna look back at one of the great pranks from our show.
Speaker 2: Okay, because Zach Martin retired yesterday.
Speaker 3: Oh I missed that news, and one time Ben concocted a great prank featuring our friend Travis Frederick and Zach Martin involving the weirdest bar mits forever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's good, it's fun. So we've got a.
Speaker 1: Clip of that coming up at the back half of the hour. That's with a p clip. Yes, so that's coming up here shortly.
Speaker 2: Do not miss that.
Speaker 1: And then, of course, if you haven't made it up here yet, you still have time to get here and win those Dallas Mavericks tickets. Okay, so we're here on the south Side, we're at the Farmers Market. Let's say you're up there in Plano and you're thinking you might want some pizza. Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen is the sponsor of this segment. Best pizza in the dfdub according to the readers of The Dallas Morning News.
Speaker 2: They voted it as such.
Speaker 1: I was there on Monday, and it is delicious, and I left with extras because they give you so much food, and I chout on that all week long.
Speaker 2: You can do the same.
Speaker 1: Greape Bar, Great Pasta, great pizza right there in Plano at Preston and Plano Parkway.
Speaker 2: Check it out.
Speaker 1: It's Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 3: And now it's time for Basis Week Day a day featuring veteran news anchor Kati Fon tweets.
Speaker 2: Here are the important.
Speaker 1: Stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 2: Applause for you.
Speaker 3: Oh Wow, they're ap plotting, they're applot mav tickets. Ye, MAVs ticket drawing coming up in fifteen minutes. So it's cold outside still, but good news, we've made it through the worst sort of. It's gonna be real cold tonight and tomorrow, but by Sunday, fifties.
Speaker 1: I saw seventies on Mondays? Right, Yes, sir, do you want to skip work and play golf?
Speaker 2: No, I wouldn't go to work. Okay, Are you just saying that because you saw our boss here? Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, I didn't know if you had. Well, just no, I saw her and she likes golf more than we do. I've talked golf with their husband many times. Yeah, I know they're golf people, so they don't mind if we skip work because the weather's in the seventh Oh, we just get up early play and then too, I'll be hung up if there's so many meetings.
Speaker 2: I know we have to do meetings, but golf is in the future's all of us? Yeah, for all of us. There's a lot of people who don't like golf.
Speaker 1: One.
Speaker 2: But what's going on this weekend in the Metroplex? You know what's going on? You guys, got any ideas.
Speaker 3: I got an idea MAVs game. Well, you got a MAVs game tonight. Yeah, you can hear that here on the station.
Speaker 2: Good weather. He just said, good weather. I'm hearing that.
Speaker 3: Sunday night at Andy's and didn't Christina's band, Oakville Pizza is fine.
Speaker 2: It's all there. It's very sweet. Thank you guys. I paid them to do that. It's a rumor going around. No, it's it's confirmed. She confirmed it yesterday.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, yeah, because it's uh, it's gonna be the last day that Andy's is actually open.
Speaker 2: So it's a farewell to Andy's. It's an incredible bar.
Speaker 1: Andy's was there when y'all were at North Texas, right, yes, Like, how long has Andy's been there?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm gonna guess, make just make up a number. No one's gonna say nineteen eighty eight. Really, I'm guessing that's made up.
Speaker 1: There's no way nineteen two thousand and.
Speaker 2: One when did Andy's end didn't open? Oh? I guess I googled the wrong thing. That's all I had to google.
Speaker 1: You know, there's probably twenty five places in America called Andy's ninety four ninety four.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's done. One. I mean that's forty years bro right there. That thirty years, Yeah, around thirty years. Beautiful place. I've spent many nights there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've seen some of the weirdest bands ever there in my college day when I thought I really liked live music, and I do, but I didn't you know, really then.
Speaker 2: But Christina's there with Mil Pizza Sunday.
Speaker 4: And also a Stone Temple Pilot's cover band playing with us as well.
Speaker 1: That's that sounds like fun, Yeah, it'll it will be fun. Have you seen the Stone Typle Stone Temple Pilot's band before?
Speaker 2: No, I haven't. They're called Upsetting.
Speaker 4: I have not seen them.
Speaker 2: What do we know either called that? I don't.
Speaker 4: I'll ask some Sunday.
Speaker 1: Usually it's a deep cut Yeah, it's usually like Oat Mill Pizza.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We also did get confirmation today that Christina's band, Oat mil Pizza is playing the Wildflower Fest in Richardson in May Jude this weekend.
Speaker 2: But we're getting ahead of it.
Speaker 1: There's been a lot of nice little side Richardson conversations going on here at her Tatoes. There's some folks that grew up near where Ben and I did, and there's a lot of Richardson conversations.
Speaker 2: Did you know that tomorrow is national Marguerite Today? There we go. That was loud.
Speaker 4: I'm upset because it's going to be cold tomorrow. Still, you know, so it's kind of like, I don't know, I want a cold.
Speaker 2: I like the rocks. What are all the parrot heads gonna do? They're gonna have Margarita's Yeah, you just do it, man, you just do it. Yeah. Are you so you're more of a rocks than a frozen Yeah? I am too. I prefer rocks to frozen. Really, yeah, more that way, that's what that sounds made up. I don't know. I think it's more tequila when you pour more tequila in there. Yeah.
Speaker 3: That has been something that is said for many years, and I don't I've never seen the science on that. I just like the frozenream makes feel like it's like an icy or a slurpe. And I'm still a boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah you can get brain freeze, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's on you though.
Speaker 3: Why you're still you don't have to cram it like that, you don't have you know the dangers of brain freeze?
Speaker 1: Do you slow sit Margarita's of course, okay, do you not.
Speaker 2: I mean I drink at Rocks. I don't want I don't want brain freeze.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we like to chug our margaritas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is choke them. We drink with a purpose.
Speaker 3: Kevin, if you're going to for Worth this weekend, I'm just gonna give a beware. Oh because the street closures Tomorrow and Sunday is the forty seventh annual Cowtown Marathon. Oh, those cows running twenty six miles and you will have the cockiest people with their cars and their bumper stickers telling you how many miles they've done.
Speaker 2: Twenty six point twos, right, and you know what, good for them? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I love the zero point zero ones that you see.
Speaker 2: Oh that's my person. Let's see Jim Mary J. Blige is in town tonight. That's a weird one. Yeah, she's going to Maskove. No, okay, she said Dicky's arena. I have no idea, Christine.
Speaker 3: I thought you might like the uh tonight, the House of Blos, the Pink Floyd a laser spectacular.
Speaker 2: Are they called shin Yeah? I think so? Actually yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you're just trinking lasers, do you have to wear safety goggles for that?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: You just take old kinds of hallucinogenics and you're fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, uh there's a kind of what's going on.
Speaker 3: And we this weekend that was thank you. I thought you would want to know other stories that we could do. Uh, We've got on the asteroid situation. We've talked about the asteroid how the percentage of it hitting us in twenty thirty two went from like one point two percent, and then Ben came in the other day and was like, it's at three point one percent, right, so we're going, okay, well we got an update on that. We're back down to one point five percent.
Speaker 2: What happened? I don't know, I mean twenty four hours. Yeah, this is such bs.
Speaker 3: See, this is what I was telling you. This might be some like NASA play to just get some headlines.
Speaker 2: Uh huh what I don't know. What has this?
Speaker 1: I don't know, is this cover fire from all the negative publicity they got from the whole Cynthia Usagara thing.
Speaker 4: Not not that, but maybe all the astronauts that got stuck up there for longer than their Maybe maybe. And they were like, guys, note you guys take it seriously, because look, we tell you when asteroids.
Speaker 2: Are right this is important.
Speaker 1: Are they worried that Elon's gonna cut their funding so they said, wait, there's an asteroid gumming?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Or in my theory was more the James Webb telloscope that they're talking about using.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go back to that.
Speaker 3: But it's like, are we just gonna do this for the next seven years? Every day it's like, oh, the percentage went up and down, Like at some point we stopped talking about.
Speaker 1: The problem is ninety nine percent of the population has no idea what they're saying is accurate or not.
Speaker 2: We just all kind of shrug and go, yeah, I get sure. That sounds logical to me. Thank god, I'm just tired. Yeah, So what's on TV tonight? I just want to watch? Yeah, I just want to Nobody knows something. Nobody knows.
Speaker 3: There was a website and I don't know we could do this is a very food type thing. A website that ranked the top fifteen fast food French fock fries and you can't miss with food and drink.
Speaker 2: Do you want to say, guess the number one French fry?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean you're never gonna get number one, but really, yeah, because they get they work regional sometimes.
Speaker 2: Uh is it like shake shack or something.
Speaker 3: Oh no, they're not on the top fifteen. Man, it's a bad Oh.
Speaker 2: Oh, the RB's curly.
Speaker 3: Okay, number four, all right, damn good for you have a passer play, I'll pass.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: Well I saw this this morning.
Speaker 2: Oh then you should be good.
Speaker 4: That was a long time ago. So okay, But I will say Taco Bell's nacho fries are on there. What I told you, guys, they're freaking amazing.
Speaker 3: I am not eating French fries at Taco Bell number six, and they editorialized only a fool would overlook the nacho fries.
Speaker 2: Full in the rain over here? Okay, is a good led Zeppelin. I was gonna do what a full believe?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh nice Michael McDonald, Uh No, I'm not gonna eat French fries at Taco Bell.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 4: I mean it made the list, you know.
Speaker 3: It's this is on Monday. I'll stop by and just blow through and get some nacho fries and bring in so you can have a taste.
Speaker 2: Here's the biggest issue.
Speaker 1: The biggest issue is that, for the most part, fries don't travel.
Speaker 2: Well. That's fair for the most.
Speaker 1: Part, Like if you don't eat the in and out French fries when they hand them to you out the window, if you hit the gas, they're already worthless in general, right well, just in.
Speaker 4: And out fries in general are worthless.
Speaker 2: Stone No.
Speaker 1: If you eat it in the line, if they throw them in your mouth out the window, they're delicious, but if you wait five seconds, they're not good anymore.
Speaker 2: Number two was McDonald's. They're a classic. It's classic fry.
Speaker 3: Yo.
Speaker 2: Number three. Do we say what number one was? No? Because they don't. I don't even think it's here, right, weird? What is it?
Speaker 1: Just tell me if I you know, I've never heard of it, say it. Say it with your mouth.
Speaker 2: I've also only lived here.
Speaker 1: Cheeddars there's cheddars out, Checkers, Checkers, Oh yeah, there's yeah, Checkers soccer place.
Speaker 2: Think there's one in Garland. Okay, okay. Number three Chick fil A. Chick fil A's got good waffle fries. Yoe. Number five Windy's.
Speaker 1: I like Wendy's all right, man. Wendy's got a bunch of fancy lemonades too.
Speaker 2: Have you ever?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, But you know if you go there and you go no, no, no.
Speaker 1: If you pull it and go and I'll have a lemonade. They hold on, what kind of lemonade would you like? Because we a bunch of them. They got like craft lemonade. It's unbelievable. And you pull up there's a guy squeezing lemons.
Speaker 4: Are you doing an endorsement for them?
Speaker 2: Maybe? Okay, Wendy's. If you're out there, I'm your lemonade guy. Uh, that's that's enough. Well what what? What else? Well?
Speaker 3: Ten was Waterburger, nine can have been higher, nine KFC, which is now Texas.
Speaker 2: They say potato wedges for KFS. Yes, okay, they're good good. Eight shake shack. See so you mentioned earlier? Yes, seven five guys, five guys.
Speaker 1: But it's not fast food. If you have that's casual. If you have to go inside, it ain't fast food. I agree, there's got to be a drive up. Chipotle is not fast food. No, it's counter servers. I think Chipotle is about to start rolling out windows though.
Speaker 2: Really yeah interesting? Or I just made something up.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm i gotta go do mAbs.
Speaker 2: So you what's coming up next?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: One of the greatest pranks we ever did in honor of Zach Martin retiring yesterday, Travis Frederick, Zach Martin and it's hilarious and.
Speaker 2: I pulled the best clip of it. Okay, I'm excited for that now.
Speaker 1: If you're here in person, we're about to draw for two pairs of math tickets for tonight's game. If you're not here in person, you have about ninety seconds to get here.