Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls basketball fans. Am I reading this right? Yes?
Speaker 2: W NBA fans, Yes, Welcome to this San Antonio Spurs Weekly Podcast.
Speaker 3: Edition of the Why are you slowing down because it's a WNBA cod Just finish it?
Speaker 1: Of the w NBA Report.
Speaker 2: I'm not how you read that wrong?
Speaker 1: The WNBA Roastate Report. That's better.
Speaker 3: Welcome our host, our roast deer of the hour, command with the power. Your host, maybe not after this episode, definitely not my host today.
Speaker 1: Come on here he is the host.
Speaker 2: Dude, J Dizzle, Are you that ashamed that we're doing this a little bit? That's all right, We're gonna stop and smell the proverbial. We'll dig roastes here today on the San Antonio Spurs Weekly Podcast. We love to have a little bit of fun each and every year, whether we have an award show dedicated to the San Antonio Spurs, or we have a roasting show of a player, a team, or in this spot, a whole organization here today dedicated to the WNBA, and it's so called social media fan blitz who are on TikTok, Instagram watching live WNBA. We'll have a little bit of fun with that today here roasting you guys, roasting the WNBA. But before we get started, we want you guys to know that the San Antonio Spurs and the San Antonio Spurs organization have nothing to do with what it's.
Speaker 1: About to be said here today.
Speaker 2: That is the disclaimer. Okay, it's your boy as a former stand up comedian, wanting to get a little things off of my chest, which I have a bigger chess than some WNBA players.
Speaker 1: Ouch.
Speaker 2: That's where we're going here today with a little bit of fun and a little bit of roasting here today. But in all serious wiss, we know that these women are very amazing athletes. I guarantee you that I would not be able to maybe even dribble around one of them, shoot over one of them. Probably not. But I'll tell you what, missus, Britney Griner, you would get crushed in the WNBA, even though you say that you would hang tough in a one oh one competition, absolutely not. You would be locked up like you were in Russia.
Speaker 1: Ouch.
Speaker 2: This is how we're starting to show today. Absolutely as we get ready to roast the WNBA and the WNBA All Star Game, mister moviefone take it away.
Speaker 3: Welcome to this annual roast on the San Antonio Spurs Weekly Podcast.
Speaker 1: Here's your roast here, your roastmaster, the one that may get toasted. Host KD, thank you.
Speaker 2: Mister Mommie Vona, thank you, San Antonio Spurs, NBA players, NBA fans that have joined us here today. And of course no, do we not have any WNBA players in the crowd today. Now, I don't see any man that is that.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Oh wait that lady, Nope, she was the janitor earlier cleaning up this area. Welcome everybody to this episode of the San.
Speaker 1: Antonio Spurs Annual Roast.
Speaker 2: Here brought to you in part by your boy KD and nobody else. And again we mentioned that it's brought to you in part by nobody else, so nobody else gets in trouble. Yes, yes, yes, yes, let's talk about the WNBA and the WNBA All Star Game that happened about a week ago. The w NBA All Star Game was filled with bricks and misses and missed passes and double drippling and traveling like a gazelle on ice angelries, but it came out to be one of the highest scoring WNBA All Star Games and history, How tantalizing, how interesting? How fun? Where Team Collier?
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: They can't even go ahead and give you East versus West anymore.
Speaker 1: In any ONBA All.
Speaker 2: Star Game or WNBA All Star Game, they have to be Team Lebron versus Team Giannis. Now it's Team Collier versus Team Clark. Who is Team Collier to begin with? I have no clue, but I guarantee you you guys that are online right now trying to get those clicks, post and mentions all over your social media, especially on TikTok, the ones that are sitting in their mother's basements watching WNBA on the TV. By the way, you owe your parents some money for that electric bill, all right, for everything you're trying to post. And they even are so ashamed that you're online talking about the WNBA that you were put in the basement. Okay, The WNBA All Star Game itself was one fifty one to one third one. Lie emphasize one fifty one to one thirty one over two hundred and eighty two points put up in a game about the equivalent about as many points as every team is put together in one season for the WNBA. I know, I'm just joking. Ladies out there. You've got some great talent out there, averaging twenty three points a game. You've got some amazing blocks of two point eight a game. And heck, I mean you have Angel Rees putting up as many bricks as Bob the Builder puts up when he builds a habitat for humanity community on his TV shows. And notice I said, Bob the Builder to keep it reference for you, Angel Rees, because you're like twelve years old. See the problem with the WNBA is just this. All of you are jumping on this WNBA bandwagon.
Speaker 1: What about you, Katie?
Speaker 2: You're doing it right now.
Speaker 1: Well, I have to.
Speaker 2: Get this off my small a cup chest, okay. And that's making some of you women out there a little little embarrassed right now, wanting to call your LiPo and call your siliconologists to put something in there. Yes, we went there. We're going deeper, going strong with this roast of the NVWNBA here today. Now, what have you done, Katie?
Speaker 1: Who are you?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm just a lowly podcaster with about thirty two fans, But I'll take that they're real fans. They're fans that want to listen. They're fans that want to have fun, and they're fans that want to definitely keep it real, and that's why they're here today, right fans. The WNBA All Star Game was atrocious. It was so atrocious that even Stevie Wonder said that was horrible to watch. Okay, that was absolutely annihilating to the blind public. As a matter of fact, you're complaining about the fact that you should be getting paid more. You should take some of the annual salary and give it back to the blind for threat they had to watch every year. You see, they came out, they tried to put on a good show. I mean, they even brought out the amazing glow Rilla. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Glowrilla.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the equivalent of making the Style's cousin. Yeah, bought off of wish. Okay, glow Rilla performing all these songs that really nobody's ever heard of other than the WNBA locker room. Here's the problem with that. Keeping a gangster really kept it real for you, didn't it. Kamala Harris, I see you over there. I've been wondering what you've been up to all this time. I thought you were around in the public you know, making people laugh. As a matter of fact. Yep, I hear her cackle back there in the back right now. You see, she tried to do the Megan Stallion thing. And the WNBA tried to take a little piece out of Kamala's playbook, didn't they. They tried to keep it about the me too movement by putting up signs saying pay us, pay us now, or even pay us what we're worth. What's the phrase they were using, pay us what you owe us? First? Off, you've got to play out your contract. I know you got to read the contract from left to right and learn read every word in the middle. And I know you probably took some of that proverbial money and ended up giving it to a lawyer that could read it for you. And that's why you don't understand the phrase pay us what you owe us. How about play out your contract first and you can get but maybe you might be worth Say, I don't deny the talent of these young ladies. I don't. There's a lot of great players out there doing it right, trying to do it right. Sophie Cunningham, many others, even the WNBA All Star Game MVP Collier Collier had an amazing game for Team Collier. Oh what was that again? She had thirty six points on her own team. Yeah, there's a shock. That's like me putting together a team and saying I'm just going to bring the ball up and shoot every time. Thirty six points on her own team that scored one hundred and fifty one. Yeah, that is a really good teammate, right there, isn't it? Callier? Give her a round of applause, by the way, I mean she had to go out there and I mean really lead this team onto victory. But there is some great talent in the WNBA, and the WNBA is turning now into the WWE or a soap opera. Why because you want to get recognized. I get it. There are writers in sports, and I shouldn't have said that. Conspiracy theory.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: The NFL thinks it is rigged. The NBA is rigged. Why wouldn't we put it even past that there wouldn't be any writers now in the WNBA. Those WNBA writers are horrible WWE and ae W writers. Okay, out there really poor promotions that are trying to write talent into stardom. That's what's happening in the WNBA. If you've noticed, we hate clate Caitlin Clark movement. We want to beat up Caitlyn Clark movement this week in a grudge match. Angel Reese versus Caitlin Clark in a steeal cage. That's what's going on. And here comes the enforcer, Sophie CUNNINGHND to step up for Caitlin Clark. This is all absolute nonsense and crap, and you people are out there are sucking it right up. You really are. And that's why we brought you this annual roast today because we want to keep it real with you. You are enticing it, you're sucking it up. But yet what ticked everybody off was that pay us what you owe us. And I feel really bad for Caitlin Clark, I really do, because she had to be forced to wear that absolutely horrible. Hey, I'll print up my own T shirts somebody from the team and hand them out to the WNBA players, because apparently you all don't make enough money in order to get those shirts printed by the WNBA that you've got to do it for yourself from some local kid at a mall with a T shirt press pay us what we owe us? Absolutely hilarious, phenomenal. Who came up with that phrase in the first place, You know, it wasn't the players union. It was somebody that just took ideas from probably on X and said, all right, let's spin the wheel of death and we're gonna go with pay us with what you owe us. You haven't finished your damn contract yet. Makes no sense. The WNBA averages on annual revenue around two hundred million dollars. This is a fact, two hundred million dollars. Each player makes an average of over two hundred and fifty thousand dollars. The biggest player on the WNBA roster that makes the most money is two hundred and eighty four thousand dollars a year. A lot of you are like, that's not enough for what these girls go through. It's grueling, it's demanding. Well here's an idea. Why don't you go do something even more grueling and demanding. It's called the military and find out what you should be paid. Would pay us what you owe us. They're only out there defending our civil liberties for a lot less than what you guys are doing, and you're complaining about your money third world countries would love to have your salary for one year just to get them back on track. But you guys are taking selfishness to another level, absolute selfishness to another level, and it's making people say this is ridiculous. But then again, you have those wanna be coaches, those wanna be WNBA analysis who don't comb their hair, brush their teeth, living in their mother's basement. Yet again, that are giving them the play so they can get clicks on their very own pages. Pathetic, Come up with new content, Come up with new content. I know what you're saying, Katie, You're doing it right now. No, I'm doing this for the support of the WNBA, NBA and basketball players everywhere, because this gives the sport a black eye when it comes to this, it truly does. You guys are getting paid two hundred, say two hundred thousand dollars a year, right, two hundred million. I'm no mathematician, but I do run a small business. And guess what, if you look up anywhere with any business, they pay their employees about ten percent. I'm no mathematician, but I'm just throwing it out there. I believe that's about right. They're making what they're worth. They are paying you that when ad revenue is not coming in for a sport and you're not getting ads like weedies and sponsorships of that nature, Nike, Gatorator not paying you, guys. It's the corporation and not the league. You're welcome. League officials, You're welcome. I'll break it down for them like a small child. But the problem is with the WNBA roster. The old guard does not want this new guard to come in. They really don't. The old guard is sitting there saying, this is ridiculous that Caitlyn Clark is getting all these sponsorships and more, Well, where were you over the last fifteen years to get your own No, you want to be parasites and suck off the people that want to be on top and the ones that want to be the face of the league. Or you're just going to go out and do an OnlyFans page. That's the next step for you. Go sell pictures of your free to these freaks that are actually mentioning you on their podcast and in their social media platforms like TikTok. Go go to them and go ahead and let them sniff those crusty toes. After a game, and I guarantee you'll make plenty of money. Then you won't have to complain.
Speaker 1: I shouldn't have.
Speaker 2: To degrade myself. You're degrading yourself right now with this pay us, pay us movement.
Speaker 1: And listen.
Speaker 2: I'm all for fighting for equal rights, equality, that and more, I really am. I'm all about, you know, raising minimum wage from here to there. I'm all about getting what you're worth in this world. But you also have got to work for what you're worth. You see, when you're a star in a league, make yourself a star. Michael Jordan did by developing his own shoe with Nike. He became a star on the court and his worth went up. Nike wanted to invest, Gatorade wanted to invest. He's making his own shoes, called Jordan. This is why he's a billionaire over over and over. But you have people like Angel Reese giving this sport a very big black eye. How about make some shots on the floor that would be great. How about make a layup? All right, I play in a men's rec league thirty five and over, and she'd fit right in with all the bricks that we put up. Okay, I'm perfectly honest with him, all right, she definitely would. But then she comes on and on her social media and she'll sit there and say, you know, you guys created this knee bounds, we bounced tree Browns, key bound. It don't matter whatever's come off that board.
Speaker 1: It's mon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, half of them are your shots.
Speaker 1: They should be ers.
Speaker 2: The product is stale. The product is down, even though attendance is up, which let's give them a big round of applause just for the attendants being up. But g why is that attendance up? Well, because stars like Caitlyn Clark are coming in and when you have a good guy, just like in the WWE we have to have a bad guy. So Angel Raese and the rest of the League have developed their band of Anti Justice against Caitlyn Clark, who is Batman in the Justice League. And now you're going to start to see the Legion of Doom come together and try to defeat the evil forces of the Justice League of Caitlyn Clark. This is a storyline, people, This is a complete storyline, and you are being blind sided by it. You can even take a look at the WNBA attendance numbers, which has gone up over the last two years. Who's been in the league that long? Caitlin Clark. Where were these ladies that were complaining about what they need to be paid before that? They were only whispers, kind of like the sounds you would hear in the before Katelyn Clark came in. You can go look at every town, go look at every team's biggest attendance night, it's Caitlin Clark. Every league needs a star or stars. They're trying to develop Angel rees But the problem is you put a bad product out there and it's a bad face for the league. Angel Reese is not that person. Start developing these people like Collier who put up thirty six points in this All Star game. You have other players Skyler Diggins. Yes I knew other names, and this kind of helps because I'm reading from a teleprompter because I wouldn't know anybody else.
Speaker 1: So how can you report on a product.
Speaker 2: That you don't know because nobody cares. And when nobody cares about a product, why are they going to pay for a product? So why should those players get paid more when the product does not being paid for? Common sense has gone out the window ever since everybody had to put on masks during COVID. You had to breathe in your old bs. That's what happened. That's what happened, and it started to develop a stension of fume inside your system where it was called entitlement. Ooh, Katie is going off today because this league could be so good. The league is getting better. But every time it's getting better and they go to showcase something, they ruin it with a black eye, like they did with those T shirts to pay us what you owe us movement. This was a big black eye for the WNBA. Let's see the attendance records after this. Let's see the attendance records. The best player I believe in the league is Wilson. Ajah Wilson twenty two points, almost ten rebounds, two blocks a game. She's like the victor win Benyama of the WNBA. There's somebody I could market, beautiful, good looking style. She's a good but no, you want to bring the next best thing in. You want like an Angel Reese to lead your league. By the way, I just want to put this out there, Hey, congratulations to Chicago as there's seven and fifteen right now, seven and fifteen amazing record, amazing records. Across the league. Then you overshadow teams like Minnesota in the league. Minnesota is twenty and four. Why aren't you highlighting the good teams. No, you want to highlight the bad talent, and this produces a bad product overall. The WNBA All Star Game might have been a win attendance wise, glow Rilla might have glowed up the stage, or maybe she even kind of threw up on the stage, because I think that's just showing the type of product that's there. You want to continue to be all about you and me and us and let me get what I'm owed. And this the black eye in any sport. And if you want to develop a product, you have to pertain to everybody. Don't come out calling racism. When the first white person that's actually really, really good is marketed as such, she's marketed as a player. It's other players that started racism on Caitlin Clark. I'm pretty sure the other people will come out of the woodwork talking about how much of a racist league the WNBA is. I don't think it's racist. I think it's the ego in the me too movement that has screwed you up. Got to be better WNBA. When it comes to media relations, you want more money, you want more ad revenue. Why should I put money into a product that's constantly going to complain? End of story. But there's always next year, there's always the rest of this year, and we really hope that they can get back to something where it is going to be prominent for everybody to enjoy. You can enjoy the WNBA. I can enjoy the WNBA. Not just made for people who want to get clicks on their TikTok and social media. Maybe kind of like this show just did. Either way, I know what you're saying, bad publicity's good publicity. Okay, you continue to think that when little girls grow up looking up to you want more, more and more, and not working for more, more and more for what they're worth. Think about that you have other people, other countries, other children looking up to you. And that brings us to the close of this episode of.
Speaker 1: The annual award show.
Speaker 2: That's right, give us that glittering glam, because we talked about the glam, we talked about the black eyes, we talked about the talent, We even talked about ourselves. And in this edition of the San Antonio Spurs Roasting Awards show. Hopefully you were entertained like we were. Feel free to share like love expose across all your social media devices.
Speaker 1: We love you guys.
Speaker 2: We'll see you back here talking more Spurs the two Shakes of Lambsdale. Can I say that next week we'll talk a little bit more about the San Antonio Spurs and what's going to happen next with them. All that and more with your boy KD. Thanks for following us, Thanks for rooting on our black and silver.
Speaker 1: Go Spurs, Go.
Speaker 3: You can do that.