Speaker 1: Is one polarizing NFC North running back about to move up in Big Gorilla draft boards, Which quarterback coming off a serious injury might take his offense to a new level in twenty twenty six, And how did one long time FFPC player handle his latest Big Gorilla draft.
Speaker 2: The three time FFPC.
Speaker 1: Main Event League champion Norm Barons rejoins the show to talk about that big Gorilla draft he put together last Friday. On the High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour, We've got a great show for you. Farrell Elliott is here. I'm Eric Balkman. Stick Around high Stakes Fantasy Football Hour Extra reps starts now.
Speaker 2: Broadcast live in horder round the world.
Speaker 3: You are now watching the most entertaining hour of radio on the planet. Welcome to the High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour, presented by my FFPC dot com with your hosts, Eric Balkman and Elliott. The High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour is your home for analysis from the best players in the world at now. Because no one else was available, Here are Eric Waldman and Barrel Elliott.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Rob, Greetings and salutations to all of you b alcoholics and for RELIAX. Welcome into the latest episode of HSFF our extra Reps presented by my f FPC dot com. My name is Eric Balkman. I'm your slightly above average host. You can connect with me on X at Eric Balkman. You may know me from the Rodoviz High Stakes Lowdown, the High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour f f PC, insider Access on the Better Sports Network, and of course, the Fantasy Football Players Championship. My co host is the definitive Commissioner of Fantasy Football One, Farrell Elliott.
Speaker 2: Coming up on tonight.
Speaker 1: Show, We're gonna get to everything we didn't get to on Wednesday night, plus the three time main event lead chanp Norm Barns is gonna break down his squad that he drafted on this stream a week ago today. That's going to be a lot of fun as well. At HSFF hour is where to find us. On X you can also discover more about the Kentucky Fantasy Football State Championship that Farrell Elliott runs at KFFSC dot com. We're on Facebook, Facebook dot com, slash HSFF our High Stakes Fantasy Football at gmail dot com is where to reach us if you want to send us questions, that's the best way to do it, or on X doesn't matter, or you can post them on Facebook. It's equal opportunity. However you want to contact us, we'll try to get to all those questions throughout the show tonight. I want to shout out to our audio engineer, my best friend Bryce, and of course our producer and mutual friend Rob Farrell Elliott joins me now the definitive commissioner of Fantasy Football.
Speaker 2: Happy Friday, Buddy Welkey, I'm here, I got your trophies lined up behind me, just waiting for you to come down to win a trophy. You know, I hope that. I hope Clayton, our guests from Wednesday night, joins us down here either online or live. And and and you know, maybe we can this Norm's got a real track record, man, Guess for tonight maybe we can invite him to come down.
Speaker 1: The Kentucky Fantasy Football State Championship Main event is the main event. I play it because I can't play in the FFPC main event. But if I it's a bad situation. But it's okay because all of you listing watching you could play in the FFPC main event that features a million dollar grand prize, compete against guys like Farrell Elliott in it the each additional team you get. By the way, six hundred dollars off will be the price for each additional team after your first one.
Speaker 2: And we are nine days away not.
Speaker 1: Only from the starter pros versus jokes, but we are nine days away from the last day you can pay up and get your balance squared away for your main event team to ensure that you get your draft slot early on August second. So if you're drafting in the main event in August and September, you want that draft slot early, pay those teams off and get those teams registered and paid for by July twenty sixth to get that draft spot early. My FFPC dot com is where to go for that. My FFPC dot com. I want to bring in Tonight's guests for extra reps, ladies and gentlemen. He is no stranger to these airwaves. I've done multiple shows with him over the years, and he is a player that I counted this up, more than one hundred FFPC league championships to his name, three of those being main Event league titles. This past Friday in the Big Gorilla that you watched right here on this stream, he drafted eleventh and he's here to tell us about the thought process between behind a lot of those picks. That night you follow him on the X at Amity Hooks. Please welcome on to Extra Reps, mister Norm Barons.
Speaker 2: Norm, good evening, sir tlemen.
Speaker 4: Good to see you.
Speaker 2: Good to be seen, mister Norm. Congratulations of that great track record of Fantasy play.
Speaker 4: I am actually shocked.
Speaker 5: I didn't realize I had that kind of a hit ratio. I don't actually track to it. It's like golf. You only remember the good ones, and yes, it's too much to remember after all the bad ones.
Speaker 1: The thing I want to lead things off with tonight is something you brought to my attention and I immediately felt bad as soon as you said this. So Friday night on the stream. Adam Hahn, longtime viewer, watcher of this show and a guy I've tried to get on Extra Reps as well. So Adam, if you're watching this, let me know, buddy. The position he was drafting in was fourth. His team name was Bulky's Biscuit Okay, and it was spelled b I z K. I T like the band Limp Biscuit and Norm you mentioned this to me that I said I was going to explain to everybody where that name came from, but unfortunately, apparently I never did.
Speaker 4: Other topics were more important.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that yes, but remain he is one of the great mysteries of FFPC broadcast history.
Speaker 1: So so so we're going to put an end to that mystery tonight because I said I was going to pay it off and I never did. I'm going to pay it off tonight. What he's referring to. And I think this was almost positive. It was an f FPC insider access show and I think I did it with Dan.
Speaker 2: Williamson a few weeks ago.
Speaker 1: And I can't remember the player we were talking about, but it was a player that it might have been Wandale Robinson. I think it was actually Wandale Robinson, a player that nobody brags about drafting, right, A player that you don't You don't flex like, yeah, well I got Wandale Robinson on this squad, right, Farrell. You might that that's okay, but I'm saying, you know, Joe Fantasy is not going to go out and like, oh, how'd your team turn out? You know, people are gonna be like, oh, I got Gibbs, I got Pooka or I got you know, Colson Lovely, nobody gets nobody leads off. It's say like oh League winner Wandale Robinson. Baby, he's not a player that you brag about, but he's a player you probably want on your team where where he gets selected. So my point was, he's he's not a very sexy pick, and quite frankly, he might be an embarrassing pick, but he's going to help your team win.
Speaker 2: He's going to get the job done.
Speaker 1: And I compare that to my love for the two thousands band Limp Biscuit. I don't go out in rag that. I'm a huge Limp Biscuit fan.
Speaker 2: I don't you don't.
Speaker 1: I think Limp Biscuit gets a bad rap, but I'm not out there defending them. But yeah, I think their music's awesome. And I know it's kind of like garbage music. It's it's empty calorie music. I don't care. I love it. I think it's fantastic. Right Nickelback or Creed, Well, it's okay, so here's that. Now you bring up Nickelback, and I said, now, Nickelback gets a bad rap, Like nobody Everybody's like, oh I hate Nickelback or whatever, now that I have given them a shot, I can't get into their music at all. Now. People said, no, no, you got to listen to their first album. I went back and listen to their first album. I didn't care for it. Now, maybe I come off as as a total music ne'er do well that I'm I'm denigrating early Nickelback and I'm pumping up Limp Biscuit. I don't care. That's my taste. Don't at me, bro, But I'll say this about Limp Biscuit.
Speaker 2: I won't breag. I won't go out there and say how awesome they are, how much I love them.
Speaker 1: But I'm still gonna listen to them because they get the job done for me, and I will I will never stop listening, at least their old stuff that I've listened to, the stuff that they came out earlier. So the name Bulky's Biscuit is from Adam Hahn hearing that conversation, and now Limp Biscuit has gotten more airtime on this dream than they probably have gotten on radio stations in the last ten years.
Speaker 4: Mystery solved.
Speaker 1: The mystery is solved, and I'm hopefully we're all better for it. Okay, before we get into your draft, Norman, I'm gonna pull up the draft board here shortly. There's one thing I do want to talk about here that we did not get into on Wednesday with Colton Beg your pardon, Clayton Ethridge, and that was Malik Neighbors. John Harbaughs said earlier this week that Neighbors is expected to work his way into practice as training camp begins. This was on Monday. He was on the ESPN Dominique Foxworth Show, and one way or another is apparently how he's going to be working his way into practice. He's on schedule, which Farrell, you know it to me. On schedule means behind schedule, and he's doing better every day. Harbob would not offer any timeline on Neighbors at all. Remember he's had two surgeries on his knee since he tore his ACL in September of twenty twenty five. This is a guy that's been falling normal. I'm gonna get your thoughts on this in the second with Farrel, I want to get your thoughts on this. Fantasymojo dot Com over the last five days, which by the way, is run by Darren ARMANI the Godfather of the pros versus Joe's challenge at Fantasy Mojo on acts. You're playing FFPC, get a subscription to Fantasymojo dot com. It will be well worth it. Malik Neighbors has plummeted. You think back to February March, where he was like a second round pick, maybe even a borderline first round pick. That's not the case anymore. Pharaoh, how do you feel about Elik Neighbors as the wide receiver twenty at the four oh eight.
Speaker 2: Right now, I'm going to move away from that. Steve g Norm when he was on the show this past week, who you know is from that area of the world like yourself. He's a New Yorker, You're you're a New england Er, and you guys are plugged into a comprehensive review media of these teams, and you know, at that kind of risk. Steve g says that he's faster right now than Neighbors is. So it's a situation where I'm going to say that the company he keeps in the fourth round is too impressive and too endearing to me to go out and take that risk. You know, I'm not risk of ours drafting, but I don't want there's no reason to take that risk. That's my opinion.
Speaker 5: Nor go ahead, go ahead. I was gonna say, I agree wholeheartedly on that. I can't believe for the Big Apple that there's not more fan based public outcry for doing something with him as far as just putting him further away from active roster starting. But maybe that's the coaching staff wanting to be positive for him. But I won't touch him at four or five. I don't really want him at all because I'm looking at their schedule and saying, Okay, even if he comes back right at his buy before the buy there against Houston and after the buy there at Philly, and the rest of the schedules, doesn't seem favorable for him to be producing after six, seven, potentially eight weeks off and he was off all of last year making fun of himself and commercials saying yeah, I was drafted on your team and I didn't do anything. I'm not ready to buy into him at any ADP.
Speaker 2: At this point.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Norm, I think I know how you're going to answer this, but I'm gonna ask you anyway, because Malik neighbors. Well remember back at back, I'm old enough to remember back in March when he was going in the Nicocollins, Drake London, A J. Brown area, maybe even higher than that, maybe the Jefferson Lamb area, maybe right after those guys he is in. As I always like to call it a glut of wide receivers. I'm gonna list off the receivers going between the four h five and four eleven.
Speaker 2: Right now, there's seven of them. Neighbors is one of them.
Speaker 1: You tell me if you would take neighbors over any of these guys in that area. Mconkie, McMillan, Higgins, Waddle.
Speaker 2: Burden, McLaurin. Would you take neighbors over any of those guys? No, none of them? All right, So then I mean you get down.
Speaker 1: I mean sort of like the next year you're looking at Evans Adams, Jamison Williams, o'doonza. I'm kind of with you, Norm. And one of the things we haven't talked about neighbors. And I brought this up before, but I'll bring it up again because I think it's important.
Speaker 2: Let's say he starts on pop.
Speaker 1: Let's say he's back by week five or week six or whatever you mentioned the schedule, Norm, I'll mention this two ACL surgeries, this is his first year back from the ACL. Are we even should we even believe he's going to be close to Capital Letters Molik Neighbors all season. I mean, I feel like this twenty twenty six, it's already shaping up for a lost season for Neighbors. He's gonna plummet in twenty twenty seven drafts. And that's when you strike, You strike while the iron's hot on him. I think twenty twenty six it's kind of a fool's gold.
Speaker 2: Year for Neighbors.
Speaker 1: Normally I don't like to be out on anybody, but man, it is a really, really tough case for me to say. Like it's like, if this happens, if this goes right, if this is how it is, it's all these ifs. If they go right, then yeah, Neighbors can pay off in his ADP. But I just feel like, even if he's out there, and even if he's playing, I don't really see him Pharrell, I'll throw this year. I don't really see him being to the level of the player that we're accustomed to with Neighbors.
Speaker 2: Well, somebody tells me they just drafted elite Neighbors. You know what I want to tell him, just drafted one Dale Robinson, So you think you can take that. I'm proud of my one Dale Robinson.
Speaker 4: That's a good point.
Speaker 2: And let's don't bury the player. This is a terrible situation. You know, availability is the greatest ability and this is not it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's let's say his ADP bricks. I mean, now you're talking about Okay, Well, who else in the Giants is gonna catch the ball? Would you consider Isaiah likely instead of it as a pivot, especially in a two flex situation. If his ADP plummets and his current ADP, I wouldn't touch it. But he's falling enough where I'd want to look at Okay, who else is there? Because Jackson darts no slouch. He's gonna throw it to somebody and it's not gonna be It's not gonna be Odell Beckham and and Darius Slayton is still there. And I do like the rookie they got h forget. I like him a lot, but he's rough, and who knows what's gonna happen in that or But I would look at Randelle Robinson wholeheartedly over the leak neighbors, No problem if is ADP Bricks, and then I would also consider likely who's the only known who has hands?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Well, one was smart enough to get the hell out of New York before he got hurt too. Yeah, you know, I mean between Dart between Skataboo now the neighbors and and you know O'Dell Beckham. He's going to stay healthy all year.
Speaker 1: This is interesting though, guys, because if you look at the Giants pass catchers that are being drafted right now, I mean, yes, Skataboo at the four to h four, Tyrone Tracy at the eleven o four, but they're running backs, right you got to be able to spread the field.
Speaker 2: There's not much else.
Speaker 1: It's likely at the seven oh six who's been climbing I think in part because of the neighbors injury or whatever. But then the only other wide receivers or tight ends that are being drafted right now in the Big Gorilla is Darnell Mooney in the eighteenth and Malachi Fields in the nineteenth. That's wide receiver eighty three, Wide receiver ninety three. Take advantage of those free squares right now, because those could look really, really good for you in September. I mean you could be looking as Mooney as the number one wide receiver on this team for five weeks, six weeks, maybe longer. I mean, I don't know. And he's free right now. So you know, it'd be different if Neighbors had like a T. Higgins or a Davonte Adams on that team, where it's just an easy slide over to these guys that would be number one receivers if they didn't have Naku or Chase his teammates.
Speaker 2: Neighbors doesn't have that.
Speaker 1: And and the fact that you could get these Giants so far late in the game. It's or THEO Johnson, for God's sake.
Speaker 2: You know, there was a report.
Speaker 1: I think it came out a couple like it was during mini camp, and I can't remember. It was a Well, I don't remember his name, but it was a well. It was a very well known Giants beat writer. It might have been Vaciano. Ralph Acchianum said something like it was clear to him that the top two pass catchers for the Giants were likely in THEO Johnson. So that's another guy too, tight end premium norm you think about him late too. There are so many free players available in this Giants team late that given the neighbors news right now, if you don't believe in neighbors, you should be utilizing some of these late round picks on these Giants pass catchers.
Speaker 2: There's all right.
Speaker 1: You drafted live this past Friday on the High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour. From the eleventh spot, team named Margarita Classic. I don't know if there's a meaning behind that.
Speaker 5: Norm it's just a theme. My better half of the draft of me, he's unnamed. We've gone to over this before, but we have a cycle of going through different mental shifts and we have a zamboni, we have a latte, we have Margarita.
Speaker 4: And we just name them different things.
Speaker 2: It's very good.
Speaker 1: So from the eleventh spot, we'll kick things off with what you did in the first round. Now, I'm gonna preface this, Farrell. This might surprise you. I don't maybe it won't surprise you at all. I have been off and I've been kind of saying, like my first round boss was Trey McBride. I didn't like McBride this year. I didn't like how high he was going. I looked at how historic the passing numbers were for Arizona last year, I looked at how this guy over the course of his career. Last year was really the first year he consistently got in the end zone. And then I think about the Carson Beck effect, that could be Beck throwing.
Speaker 2: At these guys late in the season.
Speaker 1: So Caleb Alcorn was on the Tuesday Night's Road of his High Stakes Lowdown with me and I asked we were talking about McBride, and he said, one guy he's trying to get everywhere is Trey McBride. And I kind of brought up these aspects that the misgivings I have about McBride this year, and he kind of shot him down one by one. He's kind of like, you know, defense still isn't great. They still have to play that the Niner, Seahawks and Rams six times. I mean, those should be games where they're throwing to be in the game. And McBride's awesome, obviously. And then I brought up Carson Beck and he's like, look at what happened in Cleveland last year with Sugar Sanders and Harold Fannon was still much more than just relevant. He was a fantasy asset, and so norm now I'm kind of rethinking I was ready just to go butt heads with you tonight on trade McBride, And now I'm kind of like you know what, I think McBride is a pretty good pick at the end of the first round, early second round in the big Gorilla, And clearly the misgivings and the concerns I had, you didn't have them because you were more than happy to start off with McBride at the one eleven.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I honestly the McBride and brock Bauer is value in the first round, especially on this side of the draft board. It's too high in a premium play like we have, And honestly, I didn't think anything else would be a differentiator beyond those two. Obviously, if Bowers was there of been a huge gift. But I'll take McBride at eleven every time. Not to try and telegraph anything I'm gonna be doing elsewhere if anyone's listening, but I validly think that McBride at that point, for the premium and scoring is the best pick to make.
Speaker 1: If Bowers and McBride were both available, would you have taken Bowers over McBride.
Speaker 2: North Yes, Okay, all right, And.
Speaker 5: I'm not even worried about the schedule, and I know your Carson beckete is real and documented, but I'm not even worried about it, because no matter who's throwing the ball, they're going to need an outlet, and he's very.
Speaker 4: Good at what he does.
Speaker 5: Trey McBride is, so I'm not even I mean, beck hasn't even signed yet, so I'm more concerned from if I had a reset owner, I'd be more worried about Gardner Minshew, who's always Gardner minshewing things.
Speaker 4: But I'm still not worried about Trey McBride.
Speaker 2: You know, guys, it's any quarterback that's going to try to make a run holding a professional job in the National Football League with a player likely Bride on his team, and that's where he's going to lean. So Balky, I'm glad you got some religion on that matter. I wasn't going to point it out to you because in my thought process it was he was so evident that I thought any conversation would be remedia in nature, and I was not going to have that with you.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't mind picking a bone with both of you guys about the Colston Loveland discussion you had last week on the draft that's not someone I'm interested in until the third round. I wouldn't pair him with anyone Brock Bauers or Train McBride, but I would consider it just for the uniqueness of it from the overall competition. But I'm not interested in Colson Loveland until the third round because of the love and hype train that is Luther Burden and Romo Dunes.
Speaker 4: I know Colson Lovelan's good.
Speaker 5: I'm excited for him where I've got him, but I'm not looking at him in the first and second round. It's a far cry when you look at projections and production from.
Speaker 2: Where going Balkan.
Speaker 1: So right now, over the last five days in the Big Gorilla, we have Colston Lovelin sitting at the two ten as tight end obviously tight end three behind Bowers and McBride in Norm. I don't want to put words in your mouth here, but in regards to Loveland, is the reason that you are not as high as some other FFPC drafters on Loveland because you feel like that target split is going to not necessarily be weighted in favor of Loveland, or perhaps Loveland and Burden, that o'doonsa is going to be a pretty significant target share owner of a significant target shair that Bears passing pie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: I don't think that the DJ Brown or DJ more volume is going to go automatically to Loveland, and I don't see it being the quintessential. Again, I'm not disparaging Hammer's pick either, because that's a solid play that he made with the Loveland and Tyler Warren, and I'm still pissed they took Tyler Warren there because.
Speaker 4: That was going to do that.
Speaker 5: But I'm not looking at Colson Loveland anywhere in the second round. Wouldn't you and touch him until the third?
Speaker 2: You know, the quarterback is maturing nicely at twenty four years old. Now he's got receivers that are maturing with him as well. I think with an improved offensive line play, and that's that's taking a lot to heart with this team. But with improved offensive line play and the new coaching that's there. You know, the Bears they flirted with four thousand yards passing last year. I think maybe he gets up into the forty three forty four hunderdyard passing this year, and if he does, it elevates everybody and love them, love them will be there. I just if you want this player on some of your teams, you you probably won't get that third round luxury. I agree with you, boy, That's that's where I would love to take him.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I understand where you're coming from there, but you know you're not going to get wars and McBride all the time. So if you want to elite tight end, I think this player is certainly elite.
Speaker 5: You know, I agree, And I'm not putting down on Loveland. He's a great player, but I don't I would prefer.
Speaker 2: To not you know, Balkey would. I also think Norm is an elite name. I notice you're expelled it all. If I was named Norm, I will go out and find some friends like Coach and Woody. Yeah, but you know Dutch, Cliff, Cliff, all these guys.
Speaker 4: Do you have these uh not with those names.
Speaker 2: No, but we've got these guys playing in Kentucky and I will assign them to you as friends when you get here where you can have them. So we really need you to come to Kentucky. And there's something you know, Balky will be appearing in Kentucky this year and you could join him sort of as a as a as a co ad and maybe produce some sort of you know, kind of content for the thing. But if you really love your Kentucky experience, after we go to Las Vegas, you could come back to Kentucky. Because now I've taken the show full circle and you, guys, on September seventeenth, if you would come to Kentucky and see me, I'll host you while we attend Louder than Live the concert here in Louisville and actually see Biscuit. You know, the Louisville thing is calling out to you. Norm You got your friends that you've been waiting for your whole life, and you've got Bulky and you got the Biscuit. If you can stand all that, you should come.
Speaker 4: I'm open to the invite, Ferrel, and I appreciate it. I will consider it.
Speaker 5: I'll have to commune with the Balki to see if we can giant schedules. My focus right now is only on Vegas, though, I'm super excited for this year coming up.
Speaker 2: And well, if you want to win in Vegas, you come here and take some practice, yop.
Speaker 4: I've heard that that is the level just below.
Speaker 2: Not knocks, guys. I'm just noticing this too. Lymp Biscuits actually playing at Rockfest and condat Wisconsin this today tonight. Well you missed that one, I point out to you. Yeah, I'm not out there. It's very here there. Unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, olymp Biscuit, Iron Maiden, my Chemical Romance Tool, and many more. Uh September seventeenth to the twentieth at the Highland Festival Grounds in Louisville, Kentucky. I'm telling you I may have to go Vegas, Louisville and then back to Appleton. We are talking FFPC Big Gorilla here tonight. Norm Baron's drafted eleventh in our live stream last week. If you want to draft in the Big Grill, you can do so at midnight tonight. Actually three un and fifty bucks is the entry million dollar grand prize seven Bananas. Promo is still going strong and give out a lot of free bestball teams over the course of the last week or two a couple of main event teams as well. So check that out. My FFPC dot com is where to go to play for a million dollars in the Big Gorilla this year. I want to go to your third round pick. It came back to you obviously. It sounds normal that that your plan was to go McBride, Chase Brown and then Tyler Warren. Dan Flamholtz, who was on the stream last week, ends up taking Warren at the three ten. You pivot to Josh Jacobs, and you said, like you might be paying for that pick. I don't know, man, it certainly seems like another you know, each and every day that goes by that there's no legal things coming up with Jacobs seems more and more likely to play and norma, I'll just say this real quick too. Bill Huber, who covers the Packers for Sports Illustrated, was asked like a week or two ago about.
Speaker 2: The Jacobs thing.
Speaker 1: This is after the Terry and Arnold news came out with the Lions, and you know, the Lions just cut him right away, even though they originally sided with him when he spoke with the Lions. And then it comes out that, you know, million dollar bail or whatever it is, they bait with him, Bill Huber said, regarding Jacobs, it's like, you know, a couple of days after he was arrested and then released, the Packers let him play in mini camp like he was practicing out there, and he is of the opinion like if they were really worried about Jacobs and this being a significant thing, they probably wouldn't let him back on the practice field. But they did almost immediately, And here we are now July seventeenth, still no word on Jacobs. Nor am I feel like you might have gotten a little bit of a steal here at the three eleven.
Speaker 5: Well, definitely, And this is where I looking at the queue on that Friday. I know I had Tyler Warren and then Jacob's right in order. I wanted to do a tight end, tight and high up at least one of these three fifties, just because it's fun to have that uniqueness. And Jacobs is definitely value. Is just questionable about what his situation is going to be for the season. Even if he misses some time, he's still going to be valuable. But it depends on if he finishes this season, because he could be playing for the Penal League potentially. But I agree with you and I'm hoping that that's the case, and I'm hoping, by me speaking positively kind of would that I am not charmatically screwing myself, So.
Speaker 4: I know it.
Speaker 2: Guys, I think all drafters when they get to planet Hollywood should do. One thing is disconnect from all social media and uh, you know, just just disconnect from you know, it's impossible to ask.
Speaker 4: There's too many people that are wired for sound all the time.
Speaker 2: Remember a few years ago when we were at it there and it planted Hollywood and people were talking about the fact that Jamar Chase was dropping balls in practice. That was the funniest standpoint.
Speaker 5: I remember going way back in high stakes when I forget what year it was, but it was Eddie George was still in the league and they had a delayed game because of a hurricane and was going while we were drafting, and that was the age.
Speaker 4: This is I'm dating myself with blue blueberries, blackberries.
Speaker 5: I am old, old, but I remember people just panicking because they either weren't getting service or they were running out power and juice on their device at the time, which wasn't like it is now. And again, the more I talk to them more I feel like I'm older.
Speaker 2: You're your your your youthful, your youthful Biscuit fanser the Hey, I got a ten point pop up bones question for you that Yeah, what's the last Bears quarterback to throw for four thousand as well. I know this, I know this.
Speaker 4: Can I say you have them?
Speaker 2: I don't believe it has ever happened. Farrell yep, never never trick question his story history. Coming in to Chicago bears, He's gonna go over four thousand yards.
Speaker 4: Bank it, you know.
Speaker 1: And that's the thing too, Like you cannot like Loveland, and you can like Burden or not like Burden, and like Loveland or not like either one and like odoonsay. But you know what all those ben diagrams come together. Cayleb Williams is the guy that's thrown all of them. So there's a lot start logging that quarterback the The The next thing I want to bring up is is something near and dear to Farrell's heart. And I'm gonna let you defend yourself on the stream here tonight. Norm So we go to the eighth round of your big Gorilla draft, and in the eighth round, you already have three running backs on your roster. You have two tight ends on your roster. You add Fannin to McBride, but you only had two receivers at that point, and you decide to go to the region of the country where three rivers come together.
Speaker 2: Where Perogi's flow like wine, and you end up getting Dk Metcalf over Michael Pittman, which was just a knife in Feral's heart. You're a receiver, you go to Pittsburgh, you take Metcalf, not Pittman. Pittman ends up going out of Sean Green at the eight to oh wait later that round.
Speaker 1: But I'll let you defend the pick here because I know you like Pittman, but this was a Metcalf draft for you.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 5: And again this is situational to the position I'm in between Hammer and Kevin Harris because they clearly had the vibe of what I was targeting. I was looking at Chris Godwin there and I got taken right in front of me.
Speaker 4: I needed a wide receiver. I feel like two rounds earlier.
Speaker 5: I overreached by a lot on Courtland Sutton, who I still like, but it's way too early for him. And I thought, Okay, if I did a reach on Sutton, I hope it pans out. But I needed to be confident about the adp of what my next pick is in the eighth round, and I'm tossing a coin between Pittman and Metcalf. I kind of feel like they're one A, one B, even though Ferrell doesn't and he disagrees loudly. I needed to get a quality receiver that was going to carry some third wide receiver strength on my team, especially after that reach on Courtland Sutton, so I went with against my normalcy. I went against that to take Metcalf at the ADP because if you looked at the ADP on Friday, Metcalf was ahead of Pittman. So again coin flip, I didn't like any of other wide receivers there after that.
Speaker 4: I'm not.
Speaker 5: I'm not overly excited about it, but I also just like it because it was of value at the time. So I'm not gonna sparkle and rainbows here on DK Metcalf. But I chose that specifically for what I had already drafted and what I needed to get.
Speaker 2: I do all that, and I don't see the bigger gap between those players. I don't either any production I probably think. I probably think Pittman is naturally the more intriguing play for me, but I couldn't. I don't feel that the Metcalf pick is is far away from that. In fantasy productions, you're being kind.
Speaker 1: The the other thing I will point out on Wednesday on Wednesday Show, Parah, you did say that you felt both Pittman and Metcalf were being drafted too late in the Big Gorilla.
Speaker 2: They have ADP in the Big Gorilla.
Speaker 1: Right now at the seven to twelve like both of them as seven identical seven twelve wide receiver thirty seven wide receiver thirty eight.
Speaker 2: So technically both these guys were of.
Speaker 1: Value in the in the Big Gorilla draft. And by the way, the Big Gorilla is not the only Gorilla we have at the FFPC. We also introduced the Baby Gorilla this year, just one hundred and twenty five bucks to enter one hundred thousand dollars grand prize. It's the exact same format as the Big Gorilla. Managed teams, waiver, wire lineup submissions, everything like that. So if you always want to play high stakes and you never have before, this is the perfect entry into doing that. I look at the Baby Gorilla ADP there, they're going even later Michael Pittman at oh two DK Metcalf in the eight oh three there. So maybe if you if you like your if you like yourself, some Steelers receivers the baby Gorilla.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was great, and if you drave them a league neighbors, you better draft them back to back come.
Speaker 1: Exactly norm As I look at this at the remainder of this draft, you have a few players that I've been getting in my drafts this year. Josh Downs is one of them. Jalen Hurts is another one. I've been getting Marshaun Lloyd and Brian Robinson late as well. When you look at this whole draft, if I was to ask you who your favorite pick was or one of your favorite picks in this draft, who would that be? And then conversely, is there a pick that you know, I know you said you weren't, you know, trumpeting the DK Metcalf pick, But is there another pick here too that you're like, kind of God, I wish I could have that one back, or I really didn't like this one. When all said and done, do you have opposite ends of the spectrum when you look at this team that you built from the eleven spot?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I do. The value for me was I was excited about Jalen Hurts in the tenth round.
Speaker 5: His ADP was obviously the midpoint was earlier than that, and I felt like that's a steal, and I felt confident that I wouldn't even need to get a backup because he's going to be the starter and he's got a favorable schedule. In my opinion, I was only mad when I realized I couldn't really get my head on any stackables until I picked up Dantavian Wicks in the nineteenth round, who I've been leaning on a little bit, but Jalen Hurts of the tenth was probably my proudest steal, not steel value pick at the moment, based on who was drafting around me. I think I already bashed the hell out of Courtland Sutton. I don't like my reach in round six for him. That was way too early, but I was a little concerned about what else was there. I'm not going to take a this is where I'm going to make Farrell angry again, but I'm not going to take a Brian Thomas or Marvin Harrison. I probably should have instead of Sutton, but who knows. Sutton's got a lot of good positional situations where Waddall's going to take coverage away from him and it might open him up to someone on one that he didn't have as much of who knows what Sean Payton's going to play a plan for him? But I like that pick. But I don't like that pick. Other than that, it's the question marks, the Josh Jacob's unknown, the known unknowns, the Harald Fannins. I took a lot more risks in this draft, I feel like than I normally do. But again, it was because of the talent of the people that are drafting around me. I'm not just blowing smoke.
Speaker 2: Do you do you normally?
Speaker 1: Because obviously you took Marshawn Lloyd in this draft as well. I oftentimes like to grab other people's injury away running backs rather than my own. If Jacobs didn't have this legal stuff going on, would you have still taken Lloyd?
Speaker 4: That was a complete coverage.
Speaker 5: I expect him to be probably my first waveable, only because if it truly comes to pass that Jacobs is cleared, I don't really need that, and I'm not even confident he is going to be the starter. But I wanted to make sure I had something for the value that I invested in the third round.
Speaker 4: Running back that's potentially got legal issues.
Speaker 2: You got Wix in the nineteenth rim yep, Yeah, what do you think you get catch twise out of him? Because I think you get sixty out.
Speaker 5: Of That's That's about where I'm at as well, And it depends on who who stays healthy. I'm really interested in what Godrt's gonna be able to do from a health perspective, because he obviously should high tide raises all boats. He should get more. But that rookie is also going to steal from him. But Wicks is such a value pick there at nineteenth. It's free, like we all talk about, and I really think with Jalen Hurts, I needed to have that stackable commodity.
Speaker 1: You know, I'll say this about Wicks too, there are you know Goddard his his fantasy value last year was so dependent upon touchdowns, and maybe that happens again. I don't know, it's it's entirely possible. But if you do not believe in Makay Lemon, you know who's been dealing with these hamstring injuries, and you know he's probably gonna be fine for training camp, but he's already off to a bad start as far as getting on the field in Philly. And I know there's a lot of people who didn't like the Lemon pick, you know for the Eagles. If you don't like Lemon and you think Goddard's washed, isn't Wicks kind of a must in your big gorilla draft in the nineteenth round? I mean, especially when you have Jalen Hurts, it makes perfect sense. Which I'll just say this too, guys, in regards to the Jalen Hurts pick, one of my favorite quarterbacks the draft this year as well. If we look at the super Flex Best Ball Tournament with the FFPC, where obviously quarterbacks get pushed up, Hurts is going as quarterback six. He's a second round pick there obviously different format, so we don't want to like equate the two. But I'm telling you, like when you have a player who had his worst season as a throw in Philadelphia a last year with Hurts, a guy who just did not run last year, a historic low in his rushing yards and rushing touchdowns last year, and now you can get him in the tenth round or the second round of the FFPC Super Flex Bestball Tournament thirty five bucks to enter one hundred thousand dollars grand prize. There live and slow drafts filling up where you could draft Jalen Hurts at the two to zero four, only five quarterbacks going ahead of him. I feel like this is the perfect opportunity Norm to buy a proven asset coming off a bad year, which is what we're always trying to do. That's how values created in fantasy football. And Norm, you're such a believer in him. He was your only quarterback you drafted in that draft, and well you got him in a double digit rown.
Speaker 5: That's just the redraft fabable moment where I know that I can probably if he's not gonna be the solution, then there's no one else after him that's going to be better. I'm not gonna not start anyone but him until he, you know, his treads wear off. But I'm still shocked at he was there at ten. In fact, I was still trying to recover from my Holy cow, my wide receivers are bad, where I didn't want to look at quarterbacks until I saw him bubbling up and I said, I've got to pull this.
Speaker 4: This is too much value in the tenth round.
Speaker 2: I was embarrassingly wrong about Goddard last year because I thought not that he was washed a bad word bulge to use and the NFL players, but I thought that his physically, he just wasn't quite able to do it. And you know, I still don't see him as a downfield threat as a tight end, but I don't think a player coming off of eleven touchdown season and he's a celebrated tight end for fantasy football for all these years.
Speaker 4: He caught more.
Speaker 2: Passes last year than he's ever called before. His sixty was a top receiving that he's ever had, and I don't Yeah, Balky is he never called touchdowns like that before, but a lot of people could say it would be because of the the unique tush push running plays as a way that they end or anyway just has me thinking. And so you know, I've I made a mistake on god Ard last year. I'm not sure I want you guys to do that this year. You could be trending towards a mistake. And I believe it's because you haven't been talking to guys like Norm. You've been hanging out with some of those pros. You know, we can't We've got Wednesday and we've got Friday with you, and we can't help what you do when we're not with you.
Speaker 1: And you know, yeah, Thursday is when I kind of like that's my rum springer.
Speaker 2: Where I just yeah, you know, you're drinking at the wrong bar the end and you're likely to get into trouble, but it's you know, I just yeah.
Speaker 1: What Wednesday is when when I'm when I'm dialed in. Thursday is my night where I go off the rails, and Friday is when I'm all hungover and I pay for it.
Speaker 2: We bring you back in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Goddard, by the way, uh, he turns thirty two this season. Is yards per catch last year was the lowest of his career. Yeah, yards per game was the second lowest of his career, next to his rookie year. I'll read off this. This is receiving touchdowns by year for Goddard in his NFL career four five three four three three two eleven. He had eleven times outs last year, more than twice as much as he's had in his best year before that. Touchdowns not always the stickiest of stats, as I like to say, but that and you know.
Speaker 2: That's exactly the cadence of when I'm shooting craps in Vegas.
Speaker 1: You know, Yeah, very good, Well, thank you so much. I appreciate that, so Philly is gonna be one that you got to get right this year. Obviously with Lemon and Stours and and Man in the the the X factors that are there this year that weren't there last year.
Speaker 2: No A. J.
Speaker 1: Brown as well, another another pepper in the gumbo that we have to figure out. Norm As we wrap up the discussion specifically on this draft, how did you feel like if you were going to give yourself a letter grade? I know you were down on your receivers in this, but you do have some difference makers up at the top. You didn't get that, uh you know the the top four tight ends. You know, two of the top four tight ends on your team, but you got two of the top six in McBride and Fan and I think there's a lot to like about this team. What letter grade would you give this particular squad?
Speaker 5: This This is always a question to answer and I always when people ask me about my dress, you know, how do you do? I'm more a realistic pessimist than I am an optimist. I know you guys are very much about the positivity and celebrating what's there, but I'm looking at it critically all the time to try and improve for other leagues.
Speaker 4: I'd give this a solid B minus. And I'm being honest.
Speaker 5: I still think that the wide receiver holes are enough to concern me. I mean, the Stefan Diggs is still a question mark. I don't know what's going to happen with him. I'm hoping it comes out favorable, where he signs like Washington or somewhere else the Raiders and he becomes a productive member like he did with New England. I like our depth as far as running back. Some wides deeper in the draft the free zone. But they have to produce and there has to be some special things that happened because of their production, so that may or may.
Speaker 4: Not affect other people.
Speaker 5: So again I'm being pessimistic but realistic and B minus B ish. I wouldn't go B plus. I'm too critical for that.
Speaker 4: But thanks for giving me the opportunity to grade myself. It always sucks.
Speaker 1: There's There's listen, I knew you were going to bring the real and you weren't. You know, there's some people that will Tom and Allen d I think when they were when they were on I asked him to There's and Tommy was.
Speaker 2: Like, oh a plus for sure, which is a kid in the hat, right right?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well I had to go back after watching that and look at their draft tonight. I'm not going to say, but I was just like, you.
Speaker 1: Well, put it this, put it this way, norm you would not have given that draft an A plus, right, I wouldn't.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't grade it because it's it's not polite to talk bad of other people. And I'm not talking bad. I'm just saying I'm more self critical. I want to look at my team and say, how can I have done better? And I look at the people that drafted around me and who they took. I'm still stinging from the Tyler Warren pick. I even don't like the Dallas God pick, but I couldn't take him because I already had to some of the wides. I really wanted Jamison Williams, but it happened right before after my pick, and I'm kicking myself in some parts, but I'm also like, that's that's what this game is about.
Speaker 4: You have to make the picks that you need of who you want when you have the chance.
Speaker 2: Fanin was your five to eleven pick.
Speaker 1: Jamison Williams went at the six to soho one right right before you took sudd. So, I mean that's how that's how it goes. Sometimes that's the game. That is the game. And if you want to have more fun with games, check out FFPC player Wants, something we introduced this year. You versus eleven smart FFPCCPU squads. You can draft in in minutes. There's three different speeds you can draft at, slow, medium, and fast.
Speaker 2: Five got bucks is.
Speaker 1: Where it starts off, which I would encourage everybody to do it just for five bucks to try it out. You can draft all the way up to three hun and fifty dollars entry feet. You don't have to wait for the league to fill up. Once you register, you are drafting right away. FFPC player one available now my f fpc dot com. Norm I should ask you to I know we're focusing a lot on this draft, but you've been drafting throughout the summer. Has anything as far like trends or anything that you've noticed this year that perhaps you haven't noticed in previous years. One of the things that I always say is standing out to me this year is how deep quarterbacks are going, where you can wait and wait and wait and still get a pretty good quarterback, not only for your number one, but if you wait on that, you can get a really solid number two. I mean, obviously Jalen Hurts you took in the tenth round here you get them as QB eight. You feel pretty good about that. I would too, I'd love that value. Is there anything else that's standing out? Maybe the rise of running backs this year too.
Speaker 5: I'm still mired in Best Ball because we've been drafting since January and I've only done Best Ball. This was my first redraft and so I was glad to break the seal on it and get into the stuff.
Speaker 4: That matters to me.
Speaker 5: I'm a fan of Best Ball, but not as much as reed draft because you can fix mistakes and redraft you can fix issues whereas Best Ball.
Speaker 4: As we all know a set and forget it.
Speaker 5: But I too, have noticed the qbs are really being pushed down, and there's obvious reason for it. There's no real Once you get past Josh Allen, once you get past even the top tiers, Lamar Herbert, Trevor Lawrence, all those guys, those are going to be lumped and they're all being pushed down because of other positions being acquired first running backs is definitely the thing that I think everyone's focusing on.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 5: I love that zero running back is kind of deceased now because I never liked zero running back as a format.
Speaker 4: But people are still trying to do it. I'm even trying to do it, but I don't feel comfortable. But that's again, that's best ball. I'm really eager to get more into redraft.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna probably partake as some of the baby guerrillas, although I can only manage so many teams. I'm wary of that because that really is a lot of time to dedicate to managing teams week over week when you have as many as we usually have.
Speaker 1: So I will say this too, if you are like Norman, you're more in the set and forget it. Allow me to introduce the FFPC Bestball Tournament one hundred and twenty five extenter four hundred thousand dollars grand prize.
Speaker 2: There. That's one hundred k more than.
Speaker 1: What we did last year, and the runner up is still getting one hundred thousand dollars. You can play live slow at my f alve and slow drafts my FFPC dot com and those norms. You know, I mean, you've been drafting Best Ball a summer. You know, there's no waivers, there's no lineup setting. It's it's perfect. You know, you get your drafting in UH and you still have a chance to win some serious money.
Speaker 2: It makes perfect sense.
Speaker 5: We're in a lower right now and drafting some of those just because we're waiting for training cap to kickoff. But we've been obviously doing it all along and looking at values moving up and down in the ADP, and it's it's always fun to look at that and then look back at what you've already drafted and say, oh, look, yes I lucked into that that it wasn't as valuable then, but is valuable now.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, so farrel.
Speaker 1: I want to I want to go to We'll just have time for one email tonight, but I want to. I want to throw it to you first. This is from UH. I got to bring it up on my screen here. I apologize guys from Larry and Houston, okay and normal, I'll have you attack this. After Farrell does, he writes how likely is Daniel Jones to resume his stellar performance before he went down with injury last season in twenty twenty six?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 1: That is Larry in Houston. Now, if you remember, Daniel Jones had that Colts offense a hummin right, they make that trade for Sauce Gardner last year because it really seemed like they were going to make a deep run. They had one of the best offenses in the NFL, they had the best record in the NFL, and then it got so bad that they had to lure poor old Philip Rivers out of his retirement home to play quarterback for him to try to salvage a season spoiler.
Speaker 2: It did not work, and they did not make the playoffs.
Speaker 1: But and Jones obviously tour his achilles and that's why that's when sort of the offense really went down the tubes. Farrell, do you and I know Jones? It sounds like he's gonna be ready for Week one. You feel like this Colts offense, I mean, no Pittman, so maybe I'm asking the wrong guy. You feel like this Colts offense gets back to where they were, at least close to where they were, with playmakers like Taylor and and Alec Pierce who may or not be ready for Week one, and Josh Downs. What do you make of Daniel Jones and this Colts offense this year.
Speaker 2: Well, well, you were right. I was trying to pull up some per game stats for him last year because one of the things I noticed is is he has some peaks in some valleys. He can run a little bit, but not much. Uh. He had some really great highlight games Dolphins, Titans, Steelers, those were big games for him. I'm gonna follow the money on this one, and that is that contract extension was a beautiful contract for him. I'm gonna follow the money on this. I'm going to congratulate the Colts for finding their quarterback and and let's go forward with it. So I'm not with dynasty teams. He's a key. Yeah, I think he's a relatively bargain in redraft. I don't see any reason not to be in business with this player, and I don't see any reason not to have confidence at the other position players with the Colts. Will I try to target him, and will I try to go get him maybe a little more. Now, just as Norm was saying, I drafted a lot this spring, don't have a lot of him, maybe I will. I will redirect that now.
Speaker 1: I will say this, out of his first ten games, seven of them he had at least twenty.
Speaker 2: Points or more PC.
Speaker 1: Nine of them he had at least eighteen points or more. He had that clunker against the Rams in Week four, which I think you can forgive them, but then I don't know, you know, eighteen point sixty five, eighteen point one five, and then he had the two point four. I think it was Theo Greminger who brought this to my attention. This is much earlier in the offseason. That said, you know, if I know, a small sample, but if you look at those last two games, you can kind of squint and see, you know, maybe this is now the Daniel Jones that was crushing it at the first part of the season. Maybe this is Daniel Jones, you know, what we've been accustomed to over the course of his career.
Speaker 2: So there is something to be said for that as well.
Speaker 1: But normal I'll throw it to I mean, you drafted Josh Downs in this draft, and I know that's not necessarily a comment on Daniel Jones, but in some respects, maybe it is.
Speaker 5: The utilities there on Downs only because of Pittman's removal. And that's the thing that concerns me a little bit of Daniel Jones is that he lost to cog in what he had as an office. Ashton Dulan is not going to step up and replace Pittman. Tyler Warren is obviously going to be an asset forever now going forward. I don't want to man love on him, but he's definitely going to be the tight end of that team for a while of producing tight end, and Daniel Jones has familiarity with it now, even though he's been injured. Pierson downs are going to be one A, one B. I feel there's no one else really there to throw it to because Pittman's removal. So I am concerned about Daniel Jones. I have to fully admit on my entire spectrum of ownership, he is our number one QB.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: But now again, don't get that excited. That's usually where we're targeting him as our third QB.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got And I like the way you've got piercing downs selected. And I think you know one A and you said one B, which means you kind of have them in a similar basket. And I think Pierce for fantasy's perspective now, perhaps later in the season and earlier, but I think Pierce is a league winner for you. I think that's his numbers are going to dwarf those of Downs one.
Speaker 5: The only thing that concerns me is the early off season where he had that injury or that that surgery to was his ankle, is his knee, I don't know, but it was enough to cause pause for me, because that always seems to be the the pinnacle part of drafting those receivers when I feel like they're equally valued. I agree with you, Pharaoh, though Pierce is the one A, Downs is the one B, but there's no one else there to replace the vacancy that is Pittman and likely will largely go to Tyler Warren. If they all can stay healthy, that should be good. But Daniel Jones should be a productive QB this year enough to warrant Larry's comfort with drafting him as a secondary or a third QB on his roster. To start with him would be would be scary.
Speaker 2: Hey, if he throws those numbers up that Balky was talking about, at least you've kept somebody else from having him.
Speaker 1: Well that's that's that's true as well. Guys, let me throw this at you. I just I just thought this up, and maybe this is way too out there. But Alec Pierce dealing with this ankle thing. He maybe he's not ready for training camp, maybe he starts off slow this season. Norm can you tell yourself a story where Josh Downs ends up being the Michael Pittman of this offense this year and Alec Pierce sort of goes back to his field flipper stretch role at least for the majority of the season. And then towards the end, when Pierce is back up and running full, you know, no problems with the ankle or whatever, and he's jumped aboard this moving train and he's ready, then we start to see the switch for Pierce, but it doesn't come till the end of the season. Can we can we tell ourselves a story where that happens, where actually Downs looks like this great value in drafts right now and Pierce just does what he did last year, which was pretty awesome, just wasn't not probably not the volume you're looking for.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, I would buy into that storyline. And they've got supportive people there. Like I said, Ashton Doolan is it can be a field stretcher. And I think even what Westbrook gy caen, he's player it came from Miami obviously, and he knows downfield. I'm actually more excited if if Alec Pearce is banged up in subpar that to what Tyler I really sound like. I'm a Tyler Warren fan, but I think.
Speaker 4: Well, I didn't get him, and it makes me mad.
Speaker 5: But Hammer's got so I guess I gotta just live with it and compete against it. But I think that's where that likely will go. And who knows, maybe even Taylor will start receiving some more love from out of the backfield to try and compliment the offense. But the only worry on Daniel Jones is is it is it Achilles going to be successful like it was for Aaron Rodgers or is it going to be for someone else who I don't even know all the people who have had Achilles tears, but there's a bunch out there that didn't come back.
Speaker 1: I think that the Colts offense in general, I mean, we just rattled pretty much everybody off.
Speaker 2: Taylor, Warren, Doolan, Westbrook, a Kine, Uh.
Speaker 1: Pierce Downs, all these guys are interesting when you consider what they mean in chop leagues too, which is something we introduced this year.
Speaker 2: Starting at thirty five bucks. They go up from there.
Speaker 1: Just don't be the last scoring team, lowest scoring team in your league on any given week, and then you'll win your league essentially. And by the way, you could register for those at my ffpc dot com. If you are eliminated, all those colts that you have on your team, they go back into the playerpool and anybody can bid on them. But norm I think this is interesting too when you when you consider this Colts offense, you don't want to suck in chop leagues at all. If you're fine with being a mediocre team, but you don't want to suck. And this Colts offense, we got to get it right and it's going to be interesting to see how it goes this year. To your point, might hinge on on how fast Jones bounces back from this torn achilles.
Speaker 5: Well, and from a chop perspective, I'd be worried because to start off the season at home against Baltimore and then at Kansas City on Sunday night and then at home against Houston, those three defenses are not slouty. So if there's any question about it, and you're doing it for depth only, because the end of the season is favorable. They have Tennessee, Cincinnati, Cleveland. I'd be okay with that if he survives, the Achilles survives and everyone is healthy. I actually think that's favorable for the higher stakes collapse and compete. It doesn't help you in week thirteen because that's their bye. But again, I like their schedule at the end season. I do not like indianapoles schedule in the beginning of season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that makes it tough getting out of the box, you know. And when you talk talk to me about drafting, Josh Downs, you know what I'm gonna talk to you about one Dale Robinson Robinson and you know, I really did like your grade to be minus. You know, my grades mostly are a gentleman's see. It's just like college. It's just you know, gentlemen's see. That's what I'm checking in.
Speaker 5: Well, and I'm go ahead, pair. I'm sorry I interrupted. No, I was gonna say. I wanted to ask you guys before the show ended, as how long is it going to be before where we see a feral GPT out there where players are drafting off hythm that's provided by Farrell that they when they come on this show to.
Speaker 4: Talk about why they pick what they picked. Well, that's what feral GPT said.
Speaker 5: I don't have any other substantial reasoning other than the fact that feral Gpt said this.
Speaker 2: I got a few, uh quality, I've got a few followers. Most of them are compensated royally for you know, uh, for sticking with my cheat sheets. So we'll we'll see. Yeah, I think that's awesome.
Speaker 4: I'm looking forward.
Speaker 2: And you know this Hammer, you know, Hammers obviously frustrated you a little bit in this draft. I will remind you if you want to get even with him and come on down here in Kentucky and sit next to so.
Speaker 4: Just again, I listen to you guys on Friday. That's what I was. I was logging that is, maybe I need to get down.
Speaker 2: To tell you you can give the Hammer a run for it.
Speaker 4: Mix it up.
Speaker 1: Uh, this this was so much fun. Norm at Amity hooks on the X is where to connect with you. You are transitioning from best ball into managed leagues here going forward. So we're very excited to see that. We're very excited to see I think, are you signed up for the August Rotoviz?
Speaker 5: I did, Yeah, I did, Okay, so always I don't always like to have my draft reviewed by you guys because it's not always positive. But I find it fun to get experts looking at what we did and give validity or at least thought provoking questions to what we're drafting. So I value what you guys provide, and that's why I always look for those drafts to try and get into them.
Speaker 1: Well, but I will say this, so basically, it is the first time when we do that show that is going to be I think August eleventh is that is that and it's a ten PM start. Mike Kuzma, who won the twenty sixteen Football Guys Players Championship. I asked him to be on the Roado his high stakes Lowdown on the eleventh, and he said, I'd love to, but can I can I critique a live draft? And I said, well, we've never done it on the lowdown before, but why the hell not.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: So because of Mike, I'm like, I'll put that out there, we'll get that filled up. Norm you're a part of it. So the two commentators you'll get that night will be me who cares, and then Mike Kuzma, a guy who won two hundred and fifty grand back in twenty sixteen by winning the football And I remember too, not that anybody cares about this, but when Dave and I interviewed him after he won on the High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour, I was violently ill that night, so Dave basically had to carry the interview while I was in the bathroom throwing up, and so yeah, it was awful, and so Dave basically interviewed Mike and I had to go back and listen back to it. Even though I did the you know, ire prepped the whole show and everything, I couldn't. I couldn't stand up long enough to do the show. So Dave ended up interviewing Mike. But Mike's been on the show since then. He's an awesome guy. Very excited to have him on and and I'll send out the link too to that maybe we can have you pop on and make a pick live on the air.
Speaker 4: That'd be cool. Yeah, that would be cool.
Speaker 5: I wanted to throw out there to you because I was I'm still a little back in twenty twenty one, I was on one of your HSFF videos on YouTube and won the league, and I always thought, wouldn't it be cool to have a reprisal somewhere after the season's kicked off or whatever, where you can start to say, Okay, we're not quite at the end, but let's let's have a review of what we reviewed and see who was right who is not.
Speaker 4: Necessarily who's right who's wrong.
Speaker 5: It's not that, it's just a matter of where were we all collectively right and where were we all collectively wrong?
Speaker 4: And yeah, who was ahead of the curve.
Speaker 5: I know it's tough for FFBC to do the historical look back, but I really think that would add value to.
Speaker 4: Some of what the fans the players would like to see.
Speaker 2: Is okay, I would love to see that, because we'll have some guys coming on with a one in ten and two nine team telling you how good their team is. Right, right, That's.
Speaker 5: Where I'm accepting of your gentleman's see because that's more than likely the reality. But I also know that that that's the stage where if I do better than that, I'm gonna look good.
Speaker 2: No, I was ra teams. I think your team's an A plus you can't get away with.
Speaker 5: But again, I'll I'll re say it that having a reprisal or having a redo of of that is rewarding, but it's also informational because then you've got as far as other than my own, uh, you know, either licking my wounds or celebrating for myself on the loan. It would be nice to have that other ability to say, this is where we were all right, this is where we are wrong.
Speaker 2: Get off my memory lane. That's a good point.
Speaker 1: That's something we all well, I'm gonna have to look at here and get that going. We can talk more about this, uh in Las Vegas this year when I see you at Planet Hollywood, and then obviously maybe maybe we'll get some we'll get some dates down and and book you back on the show to talk about this. When we are partying to Limp Biscuit in Louisville and September seventeen, we.
Speaker 2: Could go live from the from the Island Fair.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm gonna tell you this right now. If the three of us show up to that concert together, there is no way that we don't make it on the big concert video video feed.
Speaker 2: Like the beard will lead, The beards will lead.
Speaker 5: You know, we have some great beerd I don't know that I carry that kind of social stature, but definitely.
Speaker 1: No, I'm telling you, it's the common it's the it's not any one of us, it's the combination of all three of us that would make it's like, oh my god, we got to get these guys up there.
Speaker 2: This this would be fantastic. It takes all three of us. Two of us, doesn't legging the dream work.
Speaker 1: We're making the dream work, and and we'll make it happen.
Speaker 2: And I've never been to louder in life. I mean, you know, most of my music concert choices revolve around Americana girls who have bruises on their legs from playing the tambourine. You know, I just you know, I just you know. Well, with you guys, I'm in good shape. Yes, olymp biscuit has breused. They have bruises on their legs for different reasons. Yeah, Mike, Mike, chemical romance is there.
Speaker 1: I'm a big fan Gerard Way, that's that's that's great stuff. I'm just yeah, I would put up with nickelback if they tools, the tool will be there. That'll be cool out to that that that'd be great. Well, listen, we got plenty of time to prep for this, norm. I know you're prepping for more drafts and your drafts in Las Vegas. Thanks so much for being a part of Extra Reps tonight. This was fantastic. We'll do it again sometime soon.
Speaker 4: I had a lot of fun, guys. Have a good night.
Speaker 1: That is Norman Baron's drafted eleventh in the Big Gorilla from last Sunday, our Last Friday, Bigger Part July tenth. You can go ahead and watch that stream on any of the f f PC socials if you get a chance. I think the ADP is holding up pretty well. There, Ferrell, this was This was great. I always love hanging out with you talking fantasy football. We will do this again next Wednesday. I will remind everybody Kentucky Fantasy Football State Championship, Main Events, Sweet sixteen, Bestball Championship, Draft Masters all going off right now. There's some auctions that need to be filled, some big paybacks that need to be filled. Three weekends of August this year for Kentucky for the.
Speaker 2: First time, you have Ashland.
Speaker 1: Then Northern Kentucky, and then live at Caesars just outside Louisville for the final weekend of August. KFFSC dot coma is where to go. Buddy, We'll see you there and that's what makes it all go well. Thank you, Farrell, enjoy your weekend man.
Speaker 2: Thank you brother.
Speaker 1: That is Ferrell Elliott, the definitive Commissioner of Fantasy Football. That will wrap up our show tonight. I want to thank Norm Barons, Farrell Elliott, the FFPC, Rob Brice, and of course each and every one of you. The schedule for drafts next week. Okay, I have to bring this up right now, and I knew I should have looked at this before, but I want to make sure that I'm letting you guys know that we do have live draft coverage on this channel, and I'm not always a part of it. The three Goombas Aiden Lacory, Dave Tripoli and Jake Venudi do a great job of hosting some other live drafts. What we have going for you on July twenty first, so that is going to be this coming Tuesday. We will have live coverage of an FFPC Bestball tournament with those three guys plus Justin Herzig. If you're a fan of Rolling Stone, you know this guy is the greatest fantasy football player ever. As dubbed by Rolling Stone Magazine, Herzig makes his return to FFPC live draft coverage this Tuesday night seven thirty pm Eastern Time for a best Ball tournament. Then Wednesday we will go live at ten pm Farrell and myself on the hsff our Dean Decuur and Kreagan Neuhause, two guys that will be drafting in the FFPC Pros Versus Joe's Challenge this year. They'll join us for a full hour on Wednesday night at ten pm. Thursday night, from seven until nine pm, we will have FFPC insider access for you. It will be myself and the Man, the Myth, the Legend Fantasy Mojo founder Darren Rmani will join us. We'll have a pros Versus Joe's preview. We'll also talk about what he is seeing as far as trends go with all the data he's compiling. That's going to be a lot of fun that's coming up this Thursday, in case you missed. Oh and then next Friday, ten pm Eastern Time, Farrell and I will be joined by nine time FFPC League Champion Lee Snyder who's going to join us for extra reps next week. So that'll be a lot of fun. In case you missed this week's episodes, Tuesday night, we had Caleb Alcorn, the twenty eighteen FFPC Pros Versus Joe's overall champ, along with Sean Isaacs, his co manager. Caleb joined me on the road of his high Stake slowdown on Tuesday. You can watch that back. Wednesday we had Clayton Oh god, why is this escaping femail? We had Clayton Ethridge. God, sorry, Clayton. Clayton Ethridge was our guest on Wednesday night, a guy who's drafting in Pros versus Joes this year. Eight time yeah, eight time FFPC League Champ. Great to hear from him. You can watch that back last night. Joe Dolan from Serious XM, Fantasy Sports Radio and Fantasy Points with me on FFPC Insider Access. You could rewatch that anywhere you get your podcasts or on any of the FFPC socials. So thank you so much for watching this week, go back and watch those in case you haven't, and you got a full slate of FFPC shows coming up next week as well. I'll leave it with this, I didn't mention this. If you like playing Fantasy football year round, check out FFPC Dynasty and Empire Dynasty startups now available. For one hundred dollars, although we up to five thousand dollars for the entry fees there at my FFPC dot com. Remember, in those Empire leagues, half the prime gets set aside each and every year, and then anybody who wins the league in consecutive years not only wins that year's prize pool, but they win that side jackpot prize pool as well. Empire League's something we introduced last year, have been a huge hit in my opinion, seeing all the leagues that are filling up a lot of Empire. What's filling up my ffpc dot com Or you just go with the Classic Dynasty. Whatever you want to do, we get a ton of Formats or Dynasty as well. Remember to like this video, subscribe to the channel, comment on the video, share with your friends, share with your enemies, and get notified each and every time we go live. Next time we will be live on this channel will be Tuesday night, seven thirty pm Eastern Time with the Three Goombas and Justin Herzig. fFN sixty covering a live FFPC Best Ball Tournament track for Norm Barons for Parall Elliott. I'm Eric Balkman. This has been HSFF our extra reps. Your weekend officially starts now.
Speaker 3: This has been another episode of the Hot Stakes Fast Leg Football Hour, persented by my FFPC dot com. It was broadcast live and was watched around the world. Bulky and Farrell will be back next week with more analysis, more interviews, add more advice from guests much smarter than they are. Thanks for watching and we'll talk with you again next week, sir, just mention this too.
Speaker 1: Still spots available in tonight's f FPC Big Gorilla Midnight Draft. We get a huge weekend the drafts in front of you as well, Big Gorilla, Baby Gerrilla Main Event, Bestball Tournament, Super Flex Bestball Tournament. Make sure you're hanging out in the lobby and when those get close to filling, jump on them and have a blast. Win some big money this year. Make twenty twenty six a year to remember in the FFPC. Have a great weekend everyone,