Speaker 1: Jens, Da Lynch and Taco Show. Thursdays, we bring you the latest tech and science news in this segment called tech it Outs. Before we get into it, a reminder, voting is open for you. Say we played this morning, You got till nine o'clock if you want to get in on that. Someone who votes which offspring they're the featured artist this morning? Which offspring too to play back at nine will win my Chemical Romance tickets for the Stadium show at Raymond James.
Speaker 2: So a little motivator for you to go to the j r Our Facebook page some time before nine and throw in your vote for you say we played?
Speaker 1: All right, let's begin with this one. Elon Musk has now officially stepped back from the governments and DOGE the Department of Government Efficiency that he helped set up in design. It's now in place, fully staffed, and we'll continue forward as his time as limited time only as a government's contracted employee. Yeah, he's now going back to folks on his other business ventures which need his attention, So DOSEE will continue on without him, looking for fraud, waste and abuse within government agencies. Apple users get ready for a slight change here moving forward to new versions of the iOS system. It looks like it looks like Apple is going to start renaming these much like auto manufacturers do. Rather than by the number that they're actually on which version of the operating system, They're going to go by year and doing the model like a car number, car model year a year after like the twenty twenty five's come out in twenty twenty four, you know, ye yeah, so really so iOS, you know, then the year number. This is according to Bloomberg. Has this happened yet, not officially, but apparently it will be with the start of some of the upcoming iOS updates.
Speaker 2: You said, like they do with cars, and I immediately they thought you were gonna say, they're going to start having trim levels, you know, like a car has the phasic, you know, gener and then they have the mid grade and then.
Speaker 1: The iOS for dummies, the standard operating that where you get the mid mid range or the deluxe, right, Okay, so a slight change if you have an ACIS router. They've noted that some nation state apparently has been accessing these back door style. They haven't initiated anything yet in taking over these actual routers, but they've detected. At least nine thousand have been exploited. There isn't a fix for this really right now, other than a highly convoluted thing that unless you're really tech savvy, I'm not even going to try to explain right now here, Tako. Let me just show you this watch. Would you be able to get into your your settings on your router if you had an ACIS router and try to find that strand of numbers?
Speaker 2: Oh god, no, I mean, thank god. That's where copy paste comes in.
Speaker 1: All right. Just know, if you have one of those routers, if they've offered you an update, get that thing updated. Don't let it wait, and then a more permanent fix is being worked on. Those of you who are tech savvy, just google this story and it'll show you how you can find out if your router has already been compromised, and then what to do about it in the short term. All right, that's again if you're more of the tech savvy side of things. AI cheating in school is so out of hand. Guess what's making a return.
Speaker 2: Cameras and the class?
Speaker 1: What blue books? The blue book tests?
Speaker 2: I vaguely remember that what were blue book tests?
Speaker 1: A blue book test? Is where you are, you arrived for your exam and your answers are then you write out your answers the blue book, Yes I do remember that, and write full fledged essays basically high school and college students. You can expect to see more of this. In fact, they've got numbers to back it up that these blue books are being ordered in mass by a lot of the biggest universities in the country, including the University of Florida. Good. So, yeah, it's got to the point where the AI cheating is. You know, it's almost pointless if you're going to be paying all this money to go and try to learn stuff. I mean, if that's the route you want to take, that's fine, But if you truly want to be tested on the material you're supposed to be learning, I guess a lot of instructors are turning back to the old standard Blue Book test, where you've got to pull together your thoughts ideas and express them an essay essay form to the answers or to the questions that are posed to you. You know how I am.
Speaker 2: I think AI is nothing but trouble. I know there's a lot of good things that can do, but overall, trouble. But god, I would have liked it in college. Oh, that would have been a bonus.
Speaker 1: So, uh, we've got a report out that says we might start seeing those moving walkways and many airports disappear. You know, you get on those moving walkways through some of the concourses, which are nice if you're lugging along a bunch of you know, carry ons.
Speaker 2: And his injuries.
Speaker 1: No, no, because the businesses in the airports are missing out on business because the traffic just goes zooming right by and there's no way to step off. You know. Oh, look there's the uh, you know, there's a star bus right unless it's somebody walking outside of the moving walkway. So a lot of these airports, I guess, are starting to maybe move away from that. I don't know. It's interesting. I always liked those the uilities, except for the people who get on him and to just stand in the middle of the thing.
Speaker 2: Oh I walked right by, excuse me.
Speaker 1: Tinder is having a bit of an attempt to rebrand itself and move away from the audience four is to hook up. The new CEO of Tinder is a guy named Spencer Rascoff. He's trying to revamp the app's image because it's struggling to gain traction among gen zers between eighteen and twenty eight. He says, it's not a hookup generation. They don't drink as much alcohol and they don't have as much sex. And he goes on to say they're trying to adapt by shifting the focus to casual meetups, including double dating, which is rolling out this summer on Tender, and improving the quality of matches to encourage more lasting relationships. So you know, you got to roll with the changes.
Speaker 2: Man, He's right about that new generation. I mean, the majority. It's not like they're getting as wild as you know. Here's the adieu.
Speaker 1: Study of the week found that the amount of time a person spends doom scrolling through social media can directly correspond to the amount of fake news they believe it is true. Don't believe everything you read on the Internet or on the socials. Penguin poop may help preserve Antarctic climate. New research shows it. Penguin guano and Antarctica is an important source of ammonia, aerosol particles that help drive the formation and persistence of low clouds, which cool the climate by reflecting some incoming sunlight back to space. Okay, penguin poop talkout, Dave's the day. Hey, what else do we have? Oh? If you drive a Ford, Ford is recalling more than a million vehicles here in the US due to a software issue causing the rear view camera to display delayed, frozen, or even blank images. The recall effects a range of vehicles, including some made between twenty twenty one and twenty twenty four, including the Ford Bronco Edge and F one fifty. I know a lot of you drive F one fifties. Yeah, camera's glitchen. It might be because of it needed this fix. So if you have one of those vehicles that's included in the recall, you can look for some sort of communication from Ford regarding that and how to go and get its fixed.
Speaker 2: It'll be coming in mail. You're paying good money for that vehicle. Make sure it's working right.
Speaker 1: My wife's vehicle always gets these recalls. It's ten years old now. At this point, I just they just go in the trash.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like all of our cars, every recall for all four cars of the kid, the kids of alib and I trash.
Speaker 1: Just as long as the thing's starting We're good Glinchin Tago on demand, Tell loady I heartwait you out.