Speaker 1: New Yorker Tuxi.
Speaker 2: This is the seventy seven w ABC Mini.
Speaker 3: Cast Feisty, fearless and fair. She's an Emmy winning journalist from a white house to war zones, telling all sides of the story. This is The Rita Cosby Show, Jersey Boddam and Sweet the Faking News.
Speaker 1: And Tonight on The Rita Cosby Show, it is primary night in the state of Tennessee and a couple of big races. First off, the GOP primary for governor of Tennessee Marsha Blackburn Senator Marshall Blackburn, who we've had here on the show, who I Love. She is the projected winner winning the GOP primary there for governor in Texas again now goes on to the general election and also some interesting surprises. Politico is reporting that Republican rep Andy Ogles has been ousted in the Tennessee primary. That he lost to another Republican challenger obviously in the primary itself, but it's interesting because that was a race that Donald Trump and Speaker Mike Johnson had tried to boost his campaign in just the last few days. Especially Ogles was outraised and also his opponent, who as former Tennessee Agriculture Commissioner Charlie Hatcher, who won the primary for the fifth district there in Tennessee, got a late endorsement from the GOP Governor Bill Lee, and a lot of money coming in also on his behalf in the last few days, so a lot of people believe that. And a redrawn district also definitely affected Andy Ogles. But Andy Ogles has been very outspoken, very supportive of President Trump. And Andy Ogles has now lost his primary to the former Tennessee Agricultural Commissioner Charlie Hatcher. And we'll keep you posted, obviously any other big results that come in. We will certainly let you know Bill Haggerty running basically unopposed if you will handily of course going forward in the primary there for GP Senate, who has been a big supporter of President Trump as well. But another big primary night in the United States, and also next week next Tuesday. This is one of those rare Thursday ones. Most of them are on Tuesday, but the next Tuesday one is going to be Francesca hung in Wisconsin. And Francesca Hong is the chef who seems to be cooking up socialism because everything she's doing is like socialist. This socialist that she said she didn't like Thanksgiving, Well now she kind of claims she sort of likes Thanksgiving, that it's not so bad. But she also still says she doesn't like Halloween. Who could not like Halloween? And who could not like Thanksgiving? They're both such fun holidays. But that is Francesca Hong, And obviously that could be a sign if she wins that right now, she is so far ahead in the polls there in Wisconsin, some of the polls have her like fifteen to twenty points ahead in the primary again there in Wisconsin, but it would be another sign of a purple state because Wisconsin also a very key state in the presidential election in the midterms, as is also Michigan one eight hundred eight four eight nine two two two one eight hundred eight four eight too, too too. Let's go to Woking and Pennsylvania. Line three. What do you got tonight? Walking?
Speaker 2: All right, Rita? The first thing is I want to say I'm sorry for the loss of your friends.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you, thank you. I literally found out the news maybe about fifteen seconds before I shared it with you guys, and just you know, she was an amazing woman and just married Michael Spinks, the Great Boxer. But she had an extraordinary life, sort of a rags to riches story and became one of the most famous African American journalists I think in America. So she will be deeply, deeply missed. The great Flow Anthony, and everybody take a look learn her life story, because it's a great inspiration for for everybody in America, for young kids to dream big and make it big.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I have a couple of things. First of all, I concur with Reggie, you know, and it brings to mind a rushism, the purpose of an army and going towards to kill people and break things. Okay, free of the world. There's those who conquer and those who are conquered. And unfortunately it's time for us to conquer. I ran because otherwise none of this is going to stop. And I would take no advice from any other Muslim country out there. And quite frankly, you know, it really is becoming a disaster. Because I hate to say it, I think that there are people in the Trump you know, around Trump that just you know, are giving him bad advice. And I think this is really just designed to make him look bad.
Speaker 1: Okay, well let me and let me play this waking because it's interesting because there's a little bit of to your point, a little bit of this dance in the Oval office, and this is cut seventy eight. This is him sort of ask, you know, talking about this deal because there's word tonight. The problem also with what's going on and Iran. First of all, there's zelots. Any other sort of enemy would have probably folded on day one or day two. But these guys are fanatics, They're true believers. There's zelots. They're the kind of people that you know, even if they're standing in a pile of rubble, they're gonna say they're winning in charge, you know, and when you're dealing with that mindset, that sort of I use the phrase kind of Kamakazi mindset, like the kama Kazi's in Pearl Harbor that were coming in the Japanese knowing they're going to their death and going in and saying, hey, we're gonna be victorious, I'm gonna win, and then they're going in for the fight. These people are really zealous. But I also do believe, and I say this from knowing Donald Trump. I've known him for decades, Joaquin. I mean, this is a man who, truly he listens to a lot of advice, but at the end of the day, it's his choice and it is his opinion, and he will follow his instincts. He has great instincts. But I do think he is trying to bend over backwards to yes, try to get some sort of a deal, some sort of a negotiation, because who wouldn't want to have a peaceful negotiation. That would be an extraordy moment. And I contend if he can get it, Yes, it's been a painful road to get there. If he can get there, that will go down as one of the greatest feats in presidential history, in American presidential history. If he can somehow bring peace to the Middle East and rein and Oran and get them to fulfill that. But it may be a stretch. I agree with you. There's so much back and forth, and I agree with you that he is getting a lot of mixed opinions in the Oval office. On one hand, I commend him because that's why he is such a great guy, that he has a lot of different opinions. He's not threatened by different opinions He doesn't want yes people around him. He wants people who say this is what I think, and he'll say that's great. He might say no, I don't like it, you know, but I appreciate you telling me. So. Here is one of the things he said just a little bit ago. This is about a deal to reopen the Strait of Hormuz. And this is how he answered. And then we'll talk about that right after you hear this.
Speaker 4: Walking pretty soon again, based on everything I see, as soon as the war ends, and I think it's gonna end pretty soon. I don't think they can go much longer. Yeah, please, I think.
Speaker 3: You've been reached to reopen the Straight of Horner.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't want to say it has been. It's sort of open right now. You know, we have a thing called the Blockade, headed up by the US Navy, and we control it. And now we control it. But they can always shoot something, they always have something or drop a mind. And if you have one mind setting out there, you sort of mess things up because people don't want to take their billion dollar boats and accidentally get hit by a mind. But I think we're doing very well. I just you know, I'm involved in the negotiation. I think we're doing fine. It could be said, yeah.
Speaker 1: And President Trump, by the way, Joaqui. And also while he was in the Oval office today he also signed an executive order about birthright citizenship and also birthright tourism. And it's very interesting what's happened. Of course, the Supreme Court sort of shot them down like sort of a broad white swath of it not that long ago, but everybody said, you know what, come back and you do this sort of executive order. That's what a lot of legal minds were saying, is what President Trump should do.