Speaker 1: Welcome to You Should Know Better with Mike C. Nelson, the guy who won't shut up about winning three times on Jeopardy. Welcome to you Should Know Better, the trivia podcast that tests your knowledge and a little bit of your patience. Our goal here is to celebrate the theme of continuing edge immication. We should always be learning and always be on the prowl to know better. Now we will meet our stellar guests and hear all about what tremendous causes they are playing for, and shortly crown one of them the smartest person in the world for one week. But as right now, let's jump right into some questions and answers with our first of four rounds today it is always our General Knowledge Round Round one, General Knowledge Thinking caps on, gentlemen, pencils at the ready, and away we go. There are eight questions in the General Knowledge round. Here is question number one. What libation is known as the Champagne of beers? What beer is known as the Champagne of beers? It's even on their label. I love an ic cold one of these during the summer months. What libation is known as the Champagne of beers? For question number one, how do we feel after one question terrible awful. I don't under beer.
Speaker 2: Eight beer, I hate it.
Speaker 1: The next question is about chocolate milk, so not to worry. Just kidding. They're not all drinks questions. What do you drink?
Speaker 2: Wine?
Speaker 1: Tequila? Wine, and tequila? All right, maybe there's some questions down the road. We'll get the shitty beer question out of the way early. All right, Question number two two of eight What anti apartheid activist and second wife of Nelson Mandela served her nation just about every year from nineteen ninety four until her death in twenty eighteen. Name her for question number two. What anti apartheid activist and second wife of Nelson Mandela served her nation of South Africa just about every year from nineteen ninety four until her death in twenty eighteen. Name her for question number two. Oh my god, it's gonna come to you, Nelson, and I'll you. I only know of one wife, and so I'm hoping I have the right one. Yeah, don't overthink this. Yeah, we're on question two. It's not gonna be it's not gonna be that hard, all right. It's not Pam. I'll give you that hint. It's not Pam. Mandela and Mandela, all right, question number three, here we go in what city would you find the University of North Carolina the tar Heels where they hail from?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What city in North Carolina would you find the University of North Carolina the tar Heels. They play their sports, their campus is in what city in North Carolina? For question number three?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Shoot, see this is a sports one for you.
Speaker 2: That's right, Michael Jordan Baby ah right, all right.
Speaker 1: Question number four, the midway pointier in the general Nolge round, name the actor that has appeared in all of these films and Kanto Moulin Rouge and Tu wong Fu. Thanks for everything, Julie Newmar. Same actor that was in all three of those films. Can you name that excellent actor appeared in all three of those films? And Canto a Mula Rouge and Tu wog Fu. Thanks for everything, Julie Newmar. I got nothing, I got nothing.
Speaker 2: I've never seen in conto.
Speaker 1: I'll give you a couple more movies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a couple more movies.
Speaker 1: In a movie called The Pest and Summer of Sam as well. Does that help it all? Nope?
Speaker 2: I don't got it.
Speaker 1: I don't got it, This one might pop into your head too, because every time we do this, every time we record, someone's like, God, damn it, I'll never Oh there it is, so all right? Question number five kind of a multiple choice question here for number five, what classic board game is the youngest or was invented the most recent? Checkers chess or backgammon? Which is like the newest game on the block. For these three old ass games, which board game classic board game is the youngest or was the one that was invented most recently checkers chess or backgammon?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Thirty three and a third percent chance of getting this right? Which one is the newest of those three old ass games? We're both Persians, so we both love some I love and are old. True versions are old as fun? But how old? All right? This one? This could separate the men from the boys? Question number six of a Stephanie Meyer created the Twilight series of novels, which center around the teenage years of what female protagonist? Who's the main female protagonist in those Twilight books or movies? What's her name?
Speaker 2: The actress?
Speaker 1: No, the character's name? And again, you could just get first name or last name. If you get either of them, you're getting it.
Speaker 2: Never seen it the Twilight or Reddit.
Speaker 1: Books or movies. I think I got this one actually, woo.
Speaker 2: So I'm just gonna guess. I don't know.
Speaker 1: You can't wait to see what your guess is. Yeah, yeah, Guests, Please think of a characters thing.
Speaker 2: First, then last.
Speaker 1: If you give me the first name or the last name, right, you're getting a point last. Or if you come up with a very funny name, I'll give you a point because I can do that too. If you come up with a creative wrong answer, I can give you points two. Nice, okay. Question number seven a little rock and roll question. What alternative rock bands? Albums Siamese Dream in nineteen ninety three and Melancholy and the Infinite Sadness in nineteen ninety five sold over sixteen million copies. So we're talking about early eighties alternative rock band. I think they're from Chicago. They had the album Siamese Dream in ninety three and Melancholy and the Infinite Sadness in ninety five, and combined they sold over sixteen million copies of those two albums. What band am I talking about? For question number seven? I got I got a bad guess. I got a bad guest. I don't like it, but it is. It is a band, so I'm happy about that, coming up with a a real band in my work.
Speaker 3: You said it's an eighties band, right, nineties, we're talking about alternative rock nineties.
Speaker 2: I got the.
Speaker 1: Question number eight, your final question in the general knowledge round, loops, whirls, and arches are the three made patterns or features? What part of your body? What are we talking about when you're talking about loops, whirls, and arches? That the three main patterns or features of what on the human body? For question number eight?
Speaker 2: Good thing I was on bones?
Speaker 1: Oh a pitch his resume will help him out.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think it will.
Speaker 1: I'm just choking, Okay, I mean I don't. I never heard of loops or worlds, but I so loops, whorls or arches. All right, there are features of this on your on your on your human body. All right. We will go over your answer in just a few minutes. But it's time to put your pencils down because it's time to meet our two terrific guests. This dude from sand Fantastic, San Francisco, California. He plays alistair on the hit new animated series has been Hotel, My Commercial and Union Brother from Another Mother. Amir to Lie is here today. Yeah, go mirror, Hi everyone, Yes, welcome, Welcome. You can follow mister to Lie on social media. He's on Instagram and Twitter at Amir to Lie. Amir what charity are you playing for today? I'm playing for Project ID. There are over twenty six million people in the United States who don't have ID, and a woman at Kat Calvin started this when after the twenty sixteen election, she realized so many people didn't vote because they don't have ID. Of course, we're the only country that makes it so hard to get ID, but ten percent of the country doesn't have ID, And not only can you not vote without ID, but you can't you can't rent an apartment, you can't go to a homeless shelter, you can't go to Toys for Tots. There's so many things that you can't do. And an ID averages less than fifty dollars to get. But the people who don't have ID generally can't do don't have the sort of like wherewithal to do a lot of paperwork, and certainly can't afford fifty dollars and so Project ID helps those people out and they're kind of the go to organization in the country for that and it's really awesome, fantastic. Well, we're happy to make a donation in your name to Project ID win or lose, folks at home, if you have some extra scratch, look them up, look up Project ID and give them some of your money. Now it's time to meet your opponent. Not too far away from where you grew up a mirror from San Jose, California. He's on The Old Man on FX and Hulu, and he's on that great show Poker Face on NBC and Peacock. My new friend, peg Vadot is here.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: Yes, you can follow peg on social media at pegadt peg. What charity are you playing for?
Speaker 2: I am playing for a no kill shelter called Wags and Walks.
Speaker 3: I love animals, but especially dogs, and they do great work there, so I want to support them as much as I can.
Speaker 1: Fucking beautiful. We love the pooches too, So again, when are you happy to make a donation in your name to Wags and All Walks? Give them your money? Folks, you know our contestants you know what kick ass charities they're playing for. But now it's time to get down to brass tacks and go over our answers for a challenging general knowledge round. Let's go over our answers here. Question number one was what libation is known as the champagne of beers mere to lie? What did you put for number one? Michelob Ultra michelob ultra. Great guess, Pegge. Do you agree with that or did you go your own way?
Speaker 2: I went my own way. Tell me I'm right with Miller Light, Miller Light.
Speaker 1: You're closer to being right, but we're gonna do it. No arm, no foul. The correct answer is Miller high Light Highlight. I was there with Ultra. Michelob Ultra was close.
Speaker 2: Miller liked it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Miller high Life is the Champagne of beards. If she just drank it on Colbert, that's.
Speaker 2: The only reason I knew that shit.
Speaker 1: But yeah, now when you see one, you'll see the layo and be like, God, damn it, it's right there. But yeah, have a champagne jam with some Miller Highlives. All good, zero zero, We're fine, tied, okay. Question number two, what anti apartheid activist and second wife of Nelson. Mandela served her nation just about every year from ninety four through to her death in twenty eighteen. Peg, what did you it for? Number two?
Speaker 2: Martha?
Speaker 1: Martha Mandela, Martha and the mandelas she was also a soul singer, a mere I am going with Winnie Winnie Mandela. The correct answer is Winnie Mandemia, Nelson and Winnie Mandel and the education. Martha Mandela almost got a point though, that's fucking terrific. Question number three, in what city would you find the University of North Carolina the tar heels a mirror? I could only think of one city other than Ashville, but I think since ashvilld just got washed out, I don't think it's there. I'm going with Charlotte, Charlotte, North Carolina. Pegge is celebrating, he's putting up like x'es and no, he's waving it off. Wide left, wide left, Peg, what did you.
Speaker 2: Put Chapel Hill?
Speaker 1: Chapel Hill. It's not Durham or Winston Salem. The correct answer is Chapel Hill is where you would find the tar heels of North Carolina. Yes, one look at this one to one after three. I love it. This is how we plan it, all right. Question number four was tripping you guys up. Name the actor that has appeared in all of these films and Kanto he did a voice on that Moulin Rouge and two wong Fu. Thanks for everything, Julie Newmar Peg. Did you come up with a name?
Speaker 2: Uh? Blanking on the I think I know the guy, the right guy, but it's not Richard Gear.
Speaker 1: It's not Richard Gear. Richard Gear.
Speaker 2: So, but I can't think of the guy with the fangs as British.
Speaker 1: National treasure Richard Gear or the British guy with fangs probably is your answer, all right? A merr. The best I could do with someone who I know is definitely into wung Fu, and that's Wesley Snipes. Wesley Snipes, I thought, yeah, we got Swayzee and Snipes. And the other person in that one that's in the other movies is John Lake Wizamo John.
Speaker 2: He was in Mulan Rue.
Speaker 1: He played to Lousla Trek. He played to Lusla Trek. He's a very short artist. In Moula Rouge was played I played John on on American Dad. Oh My Goodne full circle again, no harm no fault. That was a tough That was a tough actor question, but it was John like Guizamo, I was going for for number four. Question number five, we got multiple choice here, what classic board game is the youngest or invented the most recently? Checkers, Chess, or backgammon? To lie mister till I would, I was, you know, I just want backgammon to be the oldest because because then it makes us seem the coolest. Uh So, I'm just like I'm saying, back Ammon is oldest. Checkers feels pretty easy to me, so it feels like it's a simpler game. So it was maybe middle, and so I went with chess.
Speaker 2: Chess.
Speaker 1: Great guest, peg, what did you put.
Speaker 2: Dame, exact thought problem.
Speaker 1: Chess, Yeah, put chess. The correct answer is exactly what a meir said it is.
Speaker 2: Chess is the oh check chess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Chess, right, you nailed it. You nailed it. Chess is right, you nailed it. Yeah, yeah, backgammon. Backgammon and checkers are both like three thousand BC or something. There were early forms of both of those games. And then I think, yeah, Chess was invented, uh yeah, like many many many years later, so chess is the right answer? Question number six. Stephanie Meyer created the Twilight series of novels, which center around the teenage years of what female protagonist pege I can't wait to hear this, Carol Schwartzman, Cheryl Keryl Schwartzman, that answer deserves a huzza the accountant, Carol Schwartzman. That's no good. That might garner a point. Carol schwartz is fucking great. A mirror did you put Carol Schwartzman. I considered putting Carol Schwartzman, and in the end I went with Bella, Bella, bella Swan. If you're nasty, it is Bella or Bella Swan from Twilight. But I'm depending on how this match finishes up. Carol Schwartzman might still garner a point. They're still up for debate. But those are great answers. But you got it with bell Like when the ref waits to see if the basket goes in before Yeah, yeah, exactly, Like I'm gonna keep this close.
Speaker 2: That thumb on the scale. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Question number seven a little alternative rock question. What bands album Siamese Dream in ninety three and Melancholy and the infinite Sadness in ninety five sold a shit ton of copies back then. A mirror? What did you put? I don't like it? I'm going Dave Matthews Band, Dave Matthews Bank. Great, guess we're right in that wheelhouse there media no from p wow, hege, what did you put?
Speaker 2: Smashing pumpkins?
Speaker 1: Oh, smashing pumpkins? We have Dave Matthew's band and smashing pumpkins. The correct answer is Billy Corgan and smashing pumpkins. Smashing pumpkins is correct. And finally, question number eight, Loops, whorls, and arches are the three main patterns or features of what on the human body? Pege, what did you put?
Speaker 2: Feet?
Speaker 1: Feet? He's a feet guy. Everybody, Oh my god, you pervert A mirror? What did you put? I gotta go feet, feet and feet? I think it was gonna either hit you or not hit you. What I was thinking of are the features of your finger prints?
Speaker 2: Are?
Speaker 1: Loops, whirls and arches are the different matters that they do, you know, to find out who murdered someone. They're looking for the loops, the worlds, and the arches also should have you should have done that? From bones yeah, you should have known that my fucked up.
Speaker 3: Sorry guys, Sorry, Actually no, they don't do fingerprints on buns because they don't.
Speaker 2: That's right, so damn it.
Speaker 1: All right, So we're taling up the scores here, and the tote board says, after round one we are tied at three apiece. It's three to three after one. Holy smokes, it's three to three as we enter round two of four between you two gentlemen.
Speaker 3: Round two. Pop Culture grab Bag.
Speaker 1: The pop Culture grab Bag. In today in the grab Bag, we're doing a category all about sports. It is a sports category in the Pop Culture grab Bag, and today I had so much fun putting it together. We have nine questions instead of eight. Here we go. Here's question number one of nine. I want to be clear, I chose sports not because I thought I could beat Peg. I'm fairly confident I can't, but I just felt like it's probably the one that will be least embarrassing for me. Okay, good, Hopefully you can hold your own here because we kind of go.
Speaker 2: Also, he knows everything about the NBA.
Speaker 1: So that's yeah, we'll go over some stuff here. We'll go all over the place. So hopefully the clues will help you hold your own for sure. Question number one, who just had the first fifty to fifty season in Major League Baseball history? Kind of current events in baseball here? Question number one, let's ease into this. Who just had the first fifty home run fifty stolen based season in MLB history? For number one? Insane? All right? Question number two, speaking of the National Basketball Association, let's talk the NBA. Can you name any of the top five leaders in career steals in NBA history? Can you name anybody on that list the top five chance that picked the pockets the most in NBA history. You just need to name one of them that's in that top five. For question number two, a looking pats, did you write one down immediately?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I figure.
Speaker 1: All right? Moving things right along. Question number three, can you name either of the two black tennis players, one female, one male, that were the first to win a Grand Slam title? Again, last names will suffice for this question number three, can you name either of the two black tennis players, one female, one male, that were the first to win a Grand Slam title?
Speaker 2: Name? We want both.
Speaker 1: If you can give me both, maybe you'll get a bonus. But I just need one to get the point. But if you know both, bring it all right. Question number four is kind of a fun question here. What two NFL stadiums host home games for two different franchises? Can you name those stadiums? There's two of them in the NFL that host home games for more than one team. Can you name them? If you name one, maybe you'll get partial credit, but you can name both of them, you get the full point or maybe extra credit. Naming a stadium is hard. Yeah, they changed names quite a bit. Yeah, exactly, all right. Question number five were hitting the ice. What New Jersey Devil's goalie is the all time leader in wins, losses, shutouts and games played in NHL history. He played for the Devils for like twenty two years. Let's move on, let's move on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I used to play NHL hockey when I was like high school. Yeah, and he was always really good.
Speaker 1: NHL ninety four or ninety three on Sega was one of the greatest games of all totally. Yeah, but yeah, maybe it'll come to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He was a French Canadian goalie played for the New Jersey Devils for over twenty years, and he's the all time leader and wins, losses, shutouts, and games played in NHL history. Last name will Suffice for number five. All Right, I got a good guess. I'm happy with it. Okay, all right. Question number six of nine in your sports pop culture grab bag. The largest crowd to witness a women's sporting event happened last year when over ninety two thousand fans watched the Huskers from what school beat Omaha three to nothing in volleyball. It was kind of all over the news. It was kind of crazy. They played in their football stadium. But over ninety two thousand people watched the Huskers from what school beat Omaha three to nothing in a volleyball match. They beat Omaha, Yeah, three nothing?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Question number seven. What two large Asian nations have won the most Olympic weightlifting medals? They're large in size and population Asian. Two Asian nations that have won, respectively, sixty seven and sixty two medals in weightlifting. They kind of dominate. These two large Asian nations.
Speaker 2: Like Asian as in the content of.
Speaker 1: Asia as in Asia.
Speaker 2: That sounds either I'm a real jackass or I'm right.
Speaker 1: Question number eight. We're going to the WNBA Caitlin Clark and Angel Reese play for what Midwestern w NBA teams respectively? Can you name either? Or Caitlin Clark plays for what NWNBA team or Angel Reese plays for what WNBA team? They both play for two Midwestern w NBA teams. Can you name one of them? Can you name both of them? Baby? If you can name both of them, then get after it. I can name one, Yeah, you need both had incredible seasons for the WNBA. All right, And finally, let's bring it all back to baseball for question number nine. What famous broadcaster and father to a current sports broadcaster had two of the most famous World Series walk off home run calls? Smith Corks wanted to write down the line it may go go crazy, folks go crazy, it's a home run and the Cardinals have won the game by the score of three to two on what on a home run by the Wizard go crazy? And also in nineteen eighty eight, I don't believe what I just saw when Kirk Dibson hit that hobbling home run. He hobbled around the bases. What commentator had both of those World Series calls? Very famous commentator, who's the father of a current sports broadcaster.
Speaker 2: Last name Suffice.
Speaker 1: I'll maybe give it to you. Oh now, I thought I thought the answer was obvious. Now that you you only have the last name, I'm like, shit, I think my answer is wrong. All right, let's all right, let's let's do this. Let's get after it. All right, pencils down. We'll go over your answers right now. In the pop culture grab bag today was a category all about sports. Question number one, who just had the first fifty to fifty season in Major League Baseball history?
Speaker 2: Peg? Oh, show hey Ton?
Speaker 1: Show Hey Otani Son? Amir? What did you put? I put?
Speaker 2: Show?
Speaker 1: Hey, the greatest baseball player maybe of all time? Show Hey? One for one? Here we go. Question number two, can you name any of the top five leaders in career steals in NBA history? A mir, I'm gonna go Gary Payton the glove great? Guess Gary Payton was great? Uh? Pege? What did you put?
Speaker 2: Gary Payton?
Speaker 1: Gary Peyton?
Speaker 2: Pretty sure he's number one.
Speaker 1: Actually he just made the list. You nailed it. Gary Payton is up there, but he's he's five. I'll go over the list here. Number one, John Stockton still number one. I thought it was gonna be like Stocking Kerr one of those. Yeah, it's like assists and steals. Stockton's right up there. Then you had Jason Kidd is number two. Chris Paul's moving up the list, and if he plays for a couple more years he might be he might be in the top one or two. Uh. Then Michael Jeffrey Jordan is number four, So Jordan's number four and Gary Payton the glove is number five. But you nailed it two for two.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Nice Question number three? Can you name either of the two black tennis players, one female and one male, who were the first twin a Grand Slam title? Peg?
Speaker 3: What did you put Arthur Ash or Venus Williams.
Speaker 1: Awesome, Arthur Ash or Venus Williams? Ameir, what did you put? I put Arthur Ash And then I couldn't decide if it was Serena or Venus, and I went, I went Serena. All right, you're gonna get a point because you both nailed. Arthur Ash is the first black man to win. Xena Garrison's a great guest. She did it before the Williams sisters. But the one that's from a long time ago. Her name is Althea Gibson. Alfie course was the first black woman to win one, many weeks ago, even before Arthur Ash, I believe was ALTHEA. Gibson and Arthur Ash are your answers, but you got it. You got Arthur Ash. Question number four, your NFL stadium's question. Which stadium hosts home games for more than one franchise two different teams? A mirror? What did you come up with? The best I could do is met Life and the Meadowlands, MetLife and the Meadowlands, Peg, what did you put? I put Sofi in Metlike, all right, here's what we're gonna do. Pez, you're gonna get two points for that, and Amir, you're going to get one because it is Sofi Stadium in La host the Chargers and the Rams now and then MetLife which is in the Meadowlands or whatever. You got the Jets, and then New York Football Giants as well. But we'll give two points to Peg one to a mirror. Both nailed it. Question number five toughye what New Jersey Devil's goalie is the all time leader in wins, losses, shutouts and games played in NHL history?
Speaker 2: Peg?
Speaker 1: Did that name come to you from the Saga game. All right, he's got nothing, mirror. What did you come up with? He said, you said Canadian born, and so I guessed Gila Fleur. That is a great guess, Gila floor excellent. He played for the Quebec Nordiks for many moons. Great name, that's a great French Canadian name. The name I was going for is Martin Brodure.
Speaker 2: Oh that was not I was gonna say Bury for some reason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pob L Burray. But yeah, Martin Brodure holds pretty much all the records for gold because he played played forever and it was great, great for many many years.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Question number six, The largest crowd to witness a women's sporting event happened last year when over ninety two thousand fans watched the Huskers from what school beat Omaha three nothing and women's volleyball? Amir? What did you put? I put University of Nebraska, University of Nebraska, peg, what did you put?
Speaker 2: Nebraska?
Speaker 1: It is Nebraska. Nebraska played yeah, Omaha, but yeah in front of ninety two thousand fans where the Huskers played football was pretty amazing. Nailed it. Question number seven what two large Asian nations have won the most Olympic weightlifting medals. Peg, What did you put? Is it China in Iran? China and Iran? Great guess is a mirror? What did you put? You said, large geographically and large population lies. I initially had China and Mongolia and I changed it to China and India. China and India. All right again, I'm going to give you one point a piece. You nailed China. China's number one. They won more awards or war medals just this past summer, so they're number one overall, was sixty seven medals in weightlifting, So China's number one. And then number two is the Soviet Union and or you know, Russia a doping.
Speaker 3: This jackass cut it out because I was like, my geography is wrong.
Speaker 1: It's all good.
Speaker 3: For some reason, I was like double guessing or double second guessing myself, thinking it wasn't an Asian continent.
Speaker 1: Well, Moscow always gets placed in like being a European city.
Speaker 2: It's right, like fucking moron, like knew it.
Speaker 1: Western Russia always gets kind of lopped into part of Europe and stuff. So it's all good. You guys got I'll give you a point a piece because you nailed China. They're number one by far, just right there. Question number eight, Caitlin Clark and Angel Reese play for what to Midwestern w NBA teams, respectively? Can you give me both? You only need one, but can you give me both a mirror? I think Caitlyn plays for the Fever the Fever I got a FEVA PEG. What did you put Chicago? Yeah, Indiana Fever and the Chicago Sky one point a piece. Those are those two teams. We have the Indiana Fever and the Chicago Sky for Caitlyn Clark and Angel Reese again, both had crazy good uh seasons in the WNBA. And the question number nine, what famous broadcaster and father to a current sports broadcaster had two of the most famous World Series walk off home runs? It was the Ozzie Smith walk off home run and the Kirk Gibson. I don't believe what I just saw.
Speaker 2: Peg.
Speaker 1: What did you put Buck Buck? The buck stops here a mirror? What did you put? No Joe Buck hasn't been added that long. I just went with Vin Scully.
Speaker 2: No Joe Buck's dad.
Speaker 1: Oh, I see what you're saying. Yes, So the correct answer, I'm gonna give it to peg. It's Jack Buck. Jack Buck did World Series games for many many years on national TV. So Jack Buck, Joe's dad. Famously, I didn't even know, Yeah, Jack Buck, and he had a great Yeah, he's yeah Jack Bucks in that and that category with like Vince Scully and Ernie Harwell and Harry Carey, that just like his voice is incredible, well done in the sports category. Fellas, let me do the drush. I felt it felt like I help my we did. I'm in striking distance and I'm happy with that.
Speaker 2: I can't believe I didn't keep Russia.
Speaker 1: What an idiot Russia, I'm believ law. So we've tallied up the scores and at halftime it is a mere to lie double digits with ten and pej vedat with twelve. It's twelve ten at half, and now you got my hopes up saying my name first. So it is twelve to ten. As we enter our third of four rounds between you two, it is the dreaded or infamous lightning around round three, the lightning round, mister Tallai, you are trailing by two, so you can go first. And today in the lightning round, you could choose from some of my early hip hop loves. You could choose the MC's rock Him, MC light or Chuck D for your lightning round question. Again, that has nothing to do with the question nor the answers that you're going to receive. But what's your poison? Who's your MC? I'll go Chuck D.
Speaker 2: Go Chuck D.
Speaker 1: Let's do Chuck D. Here we go, Chuck. Here's your Chuck D Lightning round question. I'm gonna say it twice. I'm gonna say go. You're gonna have twenty seconds to say as many answers as possible. Pez write some answers down because I'm coming to you with your five second rebuttal as soon as Amir's twenty seconds are up, Amir Tella, here is your Chuck D Lightning ron question. What I want to know from you is what are the nine breaking bad characters that were in the most episodes? Just need character names, shoe show that deserves a sploosh. Well this is a killer, all right, Let's see if you can get any of that. Just alright, alright, So what nine breaking bad characters were in the White twenty seconds? And go Walter White, Jesse, Betty White, uh, Carlos One uh uh, Senator Higgins, Stop stop, you got to You got Walter White, and you got Jesse Pinkman for sure. You got the top three or two out of the top three. Peg your chance to steal some answers. There are still seven on the board Night and Breaking Bad characters that were in the most episodes five second rebuttal.
Speaker 2: And go Mike Gustavo Frame, Stop.
Speaker 1: You stole Mike Airman Trout. He was number nine on the list. He just made it. So you stole one. You stole Mike. Let's go over the ones we couldn't get to. Number two was Skyler, the wife played by Ana Gun then her her sister Marie, and Hank Schrader. So Marie and Hank were on the list. Walt Junior, Walter White Jr. R. J Mite, who's the son on the show, Saul Goodman better call Saul my God was up there. And then Hank's partner go me or Gomez, uh He Gustavo Frame wasn't anymore. He's number ten. He's right behind Mike German Trout in episodes. I saw that and I was like, Gus Fring is right there at number ten. But he's right, and we're sure, and we're sure Betty White isn't on that list. Walter White, Betty White, Oh, I love it all right, so that is the worst. When I asked a light of your question, You're like, I never watched it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you never watched that.
Speaker 1: You're still you still got a couple of points. All right, that's the chuck de question. We got through it. Pagets your turn in the barrel. You could choose either rock him or am rock Him.
Speaker 2: You don't even go any further.
Speaker 1: Rock him is your okay? Yes, So here is your rock him question. I'm gonna say twice, say go and have twenty seconds. Say as many answers as possible. A Mirr writes some answers down because I'm coming straight to you with your rebuttal. As soon as Pega's twenty seconds are up, here we go. Here's your rock hetemn lighting around question per geeksfogeeks dot org. What are the top nine food exporting countries? What are countries that export the most food or agricultural products around the world? So I just need countries' names the top nine food exporting countries twenty seconds on the clock and.
Speaker 4: Go China, India, Russia, Vietnam, Spain, Cuba, Thailand.
Speaker 1: Stop stop, you got to you got China, which was number five on the list, and Spain was number seven. Now there's still seven, just like a mere head and the other one for your rock Kim rebuttal here, I'm here. What are the top nine food exporting countries? Five second, rebuttal and to go US, Italy, Mexico, Brazil. All right, stop right.
Speaker 2: Well you could say us. Oh my god, you.
Speaker 1: Were thinking right too hard.
Speaker 2: You were thinking, I was thinking of terriffs.
Speaker 1: You number one USA, USA, number three Brazil, and number nine just made the list in front of countries like you mentioned Pas, you mentioned in a couple that were just off the list, like Vietnam. Italy made the list at number nine, so you stole three right there. Number two, surprisingly, because it's not a big country, the Netherlands exports a ton of really, like they utilized almost every inch of ground for I guess food. The Netherlands was number two, Number four was Germany, number six was France, and number eight was Canada. Canada is a big ex Canada lots of stuff too. So yeah, we don't to the mc like question. That was just a geography question. That'll go into the hopper for another game. But you guys did well. Let me tally up the scores for a very fun right round. So we're looking at the new scoreboard update. After a very crazy lightning round. We are all knotted up at fifteen. It's fifteen. All we're a idiot. Yes, we're here with the mere to Lie. You can follow him on social media at a mere to Lie. He's on Instagram and Twitter. He's playing for Project ID. And then we're also here with peeseve Dot. You can follow him on social media at Pezevedot and he's playing for the charity Wag and Walks. As we enter our fourth and final round between you two.
Speaker 2: Round four, the Double Duty.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's gonna get real good right here. It is the Theatore Double Duty Bradcliffe round. We call it the Double Duty because points are doubled. There are nine questions in this round, so there are eighteen very important points up for grabs today in the Double Duty, we're doing some politics. This is around all about presidential races since nineteen eighty four, so these are all about presidential races from the last forty years. Here we go. Here's question one of nine. Lloyd who had a famous moment at the VP debate nineteen eighty eight when he told Dan Quayle, Senator, I served with Jack Kennedy. I knew Jack Kennedy. Jack Kennedy was a friend of mine. Senator, You're no Jack Kennedy. Lloyd who said that? What VP nominee? Lloyd who said that back in nineteen eighty eight to Dan Quayle, You're no Jack Kennedy? For question number one? All right? Question number two, can you name the three women who have been nominated for Vice president by either of the two main political parties? There have been three women that have been nominated by the two main political parties as the VP candidate since nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Question number three goes like this, what disgraced former US senator and presidential candidate was on the debate stage with both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama back in two thousand and eight, they had a couple debates where there was three of them on the debate stage. You had Barack Hillary and this person again, disgraced former US senator and presidential candidate. In two thousand and eight, he was on the debate he made it down to the last three peeps back in eight Can you remember, oh that person?
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: Question number four? What Pennsylvanian won the Iowa caucuses and finished second to Mitt Romney for the Republican nomination back in twenty twelve. He also showed up on N and a Bunch after this The Worst What Pennsylvanian won the Iowa caucuses and finished second to Mitt Romney for the Republican nomination back in twenty twelve. Mitt beat him out at the end there, But can you remember this this uh intolerable Pennsylvanian man for number four? Intolerable he's the just like to me, he's like the worst. It's like Ted Cruz. It's someone like that where like just every time you'd see me, like, oh my god, this douche bag. But yeah, he won the Iowa caucuses, which is crazy. But a lot of weirdos win caucuses. All right, I'll give you this hint too if you if you need this probably is not gonna help or anything, but there's a funny story. But Dan Savage, yeah, okay, so I haven't. Yeah, Dan Savage used this guy's last name as like a really gross sex thing. So in urban dictionary, so like when you googled his name, the gross sex thing would be the first thing you see about him, which is so fucking.
Speaker 2: I don't remember.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Question number five. This is weird because to me, this is like a hard question and it shouldn't because it's from not long ago. Who the hell was Hillary's running mate back in twenty sixteen? A very forgettable person, I think, like to most people, I think if you interviewed like a thousand Americans, like maybe like ten would be like, yeah, I remember, No, not that, Who the hell was Hillary's running mate in twenty sixteen?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, what's wrong with me?
Speaker 1: In fairness, he's incredibly fucking credible. Yeah, because you saw a lot of the like I'm with her stuff, but it was Clinton. This person ran in twenty sixteen. When I was thinking, when I was thinking of presidential races, that popped in my head, and I'm like, that's like, it shouldn't be a tough question. I think it's a pretty goddamn hard question. I think I saw him on the stump recently, which is probably the only reason his name popped right. Yeah, Like they've rolled him out of the mothballs you're like, oh fuck, you're still around. Holy shit. I thought you just disappeared after you lost.
Speaker 2: His base is I can see it?
Speaker 1: Jesus, Okay, I'll give you the hit. He's from Virginia. He was a Virginia like congressman and senator I think, and governor or something.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Question number six, I'm not taking it easy on you. This is a tough round. Question number six. What former CEO of Hewlett Packard and the first woman to run a fortune top twenty company ran for the Republican nomination in twenty sixteen and was the running mate for Ted Cruz for a whole week before the campaign was suspended. Oh that's funny. She was running against everybody, and then yeah, Ted Ted tad her as his running mate, but then Trump annihilated everyone. So again, what former CEO and Hewlett Packard CEO of Hewlett Packard and the first woman to run a fortune top twenty company ran for the Republican nomination in twenty sixteen. It was on that debate stage with like thirty people and became the running mate for Ted Cruz for a whole week before the campaign was suspended. Carol Schwartzman, I'm pretty sure is Martha Mandela Martha Mandela or Carol Schwartzman. Those two names are fucking fantastic. Those are great, great names. If I write anything, I think I'm gonna try and remember those. Okay, I think we're back on the trolley with question number seven. What businessman ran as an independent in the nineteen ninety two presidential election and garnered almost twenty million votes and about nineteen percent of the popular vote?
Speaker 2: The only thing I fucking remember?
Speaker 1: Yeah, question number seven, What businessman ran as an independent ninety two and garnered almost twenty million votes and about nineteen percent of the popular vote. That's wild man, Yeah, crazy, I think we've both got that one. All right, We're down to these final two questions. The penultimate question in the double duty, we're talking about presidential races since nineteen eighty four? Question number eight, What married couple both ran for the presidency? The husband winning the bid in nineteen ninety six and the wife not as successful in her bid in two thousand? Again, what married couple both ran for the presidency, the husband winning the bid in nineteen ninety six and the wife not as successful in her bid four years later? It's not who you first think. I don't think.
Speaker 2: They ran for the presidency and won.
Speaker 1: Well, he won. They were both like, he won the nomine nation, didn't win the nomination. She did not win the nomination for her party. They were both unsuccessful in their bids for the presidency. He won the nomination, she didn't win the nomination. But they both neither of them won the presidency.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Question number nine? What former US Senator in New York Knickerbocker finished second to al Gore at the two thousand Iowa Caucuses? Basketball player? A former US Senator in New York, Nick he finished second to al Gore in two thousand at the Iowa CAUCUSUS do you remember his name? The alliterative name, a literative name. I wanted him to win so bad. He was great, dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I see his face, I see all of it. I can't think of his name.
Speaker 1: It is weird. It's tough. It's like, it's not an easy category because I had him. The people that don't win, or like the people that like you're running again. There's been some of these contests where there's so many people coming and going and all they're in the lead and then they drop out. Or they you know, yeah, it's crazy. All right, pencils down, let's go over our answers for the Theodore double Duty Radciff round was presidential races since nineteen eighty four. Question one of nine was Lloyd who had a famous moment at the VP debate in nineteen eighty eight when he told dan Quayle, Senator, I served with Jack Kennedy. I knew Jack Kennedy. Jack Kennedy was a friend of mine. Senator. You're no Jack Kennedy a mirror? Did it come to you at all? For number one, I'm pretty sure it's Lloyd Benson, Lloyd Benson. Peg, what did you put Lloyd Banks? Lloyd Banks? Who's Lloyd Banks? I think there is.
Speaker 2: He's a wrapper, he's a rapper.
Speaker 1: You had the first junal right, Gee, look Banks, it is Lloyd Benson. He was like a thousand years old. He was really really old, Lloyd Benson. But he had that great quote telling dan Quayle to go fuck himself. Lloyd Benson for number one? Question number two, can you name the three women who have been nominated for vice president by either of the two main political parties. That's happened three times. Peg what did you put for number two?
Speaker 2: I got Harris and Palin?
Speaker 1: I Charris.
Speaker 2: Think of the third.
Speaker 1: Plen a mirror? What did you put? I can't believe I forgot Harris and I can't believe I forgot Palin.
Speaker 2: Jesus you get it.
Speaker 1: I got Geraldine Ferraro.
Speaker 2: That is.
Speaker 1: The third one. So yeah, I'll give Peg two points on that, and i'll give a mirror one. You got two out of three and one out of three, but combined got all. I can't believe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who was she the vice president for?
Speaker 1: Geraldine Ferraro was the vice president for Walter Mondale in eighty four and they just goted or the Yeah, Halen was what was that was? That was that McCain and McCain Gallen McCain, Palin was O eights and then yeah, Harris not too long ago. Those are the three women. Question number three? What disgraced former US senator and presidential candidate was on the debate stage with both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama a couple times back in two thousand and eight, Emir Edwards Edwards, Peg, what did you put?
Speaker 2: He's right?
Speaker 1: Al Franken, Al Franken, another disgraced kind of disgraced poor a guy for no reason. I know that Al Franken think is still so silly. It is John Edwards. Was that guy that you said everything you knew everything? Yeah, yep, it was John Edwards for number three? H question number four? What Pennsylvanian won the Iowa caucasis and finished second to Mitt Romney for the Republican nomination Back twenty twelve, talked about the Dan Savage stuff. Beg, what did you put for number four?
Speaker 2: Me? Yes, sir zero, I got nothing.
Speaker 1: He's got ropping on this. He couldn't think well thinking about this guy. This guy is a total zero, a mirror. What did you put?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: He is the former Uh, he is the former Senator of Massachusetts.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: His name also means the frothy mixture of lube and fecal matter that is sometimes the byproduct of anal sex ladies and gentlemen. It's Rick Santorum Rick. Oh, yeah, you have to take my word on it that I that I googled the the mixture after I got his name. He didn't have that tattooed on his forearm or anything. He had to look it up. But it is in the Urban Dictionary. Dan Savage got that. So if you look up Santorum, that is the first hilarious ship.
Speaker 2: Is that for real? Yeah?
Speaker 1: He did it, and like a billion people did it, so that like it moved up. Yeah, so jogle Santorum that shows up. Yeah, fantastic. Such a dork h Question number five, Who the hell all was Hillary's running mate back in twenty sixty That was eight years ago, and it seems like a thousand years ago. Who the hell ran with Hillary? A mirror? Timothy W. Kine? Oh my god, Tim Kane Peg is dying over here? What did you put?
Speaker 2: Nothing? I put Caine earlier. Again.
Speaker 1: I brought this up when I asked the question. I think this is a difficult question because he is one of the most forgettable politicians maybe in the history of mankind.
Speaker 2: Totally boring, run of the mill, better option at the time. Who they thought she should have gone with.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there was plenty that she could have chosen over that, but she took Tim Kine from Virginia. It's timy. It was a It was a choice born out of sort of like just being super safe. They like, look, we're moderate safe, We're going against a crazy person. Let's just pick a middle of the road white guy and not upset. Yeah. When you hear like generic democrat, they say, like when they do polls, you're like, yeah, that's Tim Kaine, generic Democrat, Tim Kaine.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Question number six, what former CEO of you look Packard and the first woman to run a fortune tap twenty company ran for the Republican nomination in twenty sixteen. Was the running mate for Ted Cruz for a whole week seven days before the campaign was suspended. Peg, what did you put from number six?
Speaker 2: Missus Packard?
Speaker 1: Missus Packard, Martha Packard a mirror did you put Missus Packard? Was it Margaret Whitman? Meg Whitman? Wow, it was not Meg Whitman. The correct answer again. And I know if this name will ring a bell, I think this is one of the deeper cuts of all of them. Her name was Carly Fiorina URINAA. She was on that stage with like I remember, yeah, seventeen people, Yeah that were on the stage at that time when in Trump won by one was just knocking him off. But yeah, Carly Fiorina was part of that posse back in twenty sixteen. Question number seven, what businessman ran as an independent in the nineteen ninety two presidential election and guarded almost twenty million votes in about nineteen percent of the popular vote. Emir Ross Perrot, Ross Parrot, Peg, what did you put?
Speaker 2: Ross Parrot?
Speaker 1: Yeah, h Ross Paro is correct. Yeah, that's like the craziest third party we've seen in many many moons. Ross pro For number seven, question of breight, what married couple both ran for the presidency, the husband winning the nomination in nineteen ninety six and the wife not as successful in her bid in two thousand, Peg Perry Perry, Rick Perry. Great guess, Emir, what did you put? Is Bob Doll and Elizabeth?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm gonna give you the two big points a here it is Bob and Elizabeth tole Like, Bob won the nomination then got, you know, beat by Clinton. But yeah, Elizabeth ran in two thousand and lost to George W. Bush in the primary. But yeah, Bob, and let's pick Dole. I just remember the late great Nor McDonald's fascination like Bob Do. That's Bob Do's bean. But and finally, question number nine, we still got one more pageant. Then I'll put you out of your misery. But what former US senator in New York Nick finished second to Al Gore at the two thousand Iowa Caucasus A mirror. Did you remember his name? NBA champion Bill Bradley, Bill Bradley. That's alliteration, folks. PEG is just dying. He knows Bill Bradley, he knows his basketball stats. Probably for Christ's sakes, Peg, did you did you put anything Patrick Ewing, Yes, Charles Oakley, Bill Martha, yeah, Phil Jackson, John Starks, all of them. It was Bill Bradley. We're not going to tally up the scores for respect for Peg. It was a great game leading up into the fourth. By the mirror, you just crushed, crushed the presidential racist since nineteen eighty four. Amir Tillai, you are the smartest person in the world. Yes, for one week? That over Peg forever.
Speaker 2: Make it doesn't count.
Speaker 1: I mean, do you want more round, more sports please?
Speaker 2: I don't agree with the tally.
Speaker 1: Tally is off, so our champ, Amir Tellai. You can follow him on social media at Amir Tlai on Instagram and Twitter. We're happy to make a donation in his name to Project I D look for him as alistair on that great hit animated series has been Hotel and then peesev dot. You can follow him at pezevedot on social media. We're happy to make a donation in his name to Wag and walks. Watch him on The Old on FX and Hulu and Poker Face on NBC and petecock Chance. What a great game. But it's not over. We have our one final. We have the final throwdown, the final throwdown. We have this one off question that you guys can discuss and hopefully we learn a little something something before this is all through. So here's your final throwdown question. Dana Carvey, Michelle Williams, Buster Rhymes, Paul Rudd, and Ll cool J have all appeared in what spooky movie franchise? You guys can discuss aloud? Who what movie franchise? Spooky movie franchise? Did all of these people appear in? Some of them they're like bit parts. But Dana Carvey, a young Michelle Williams, Buster Rhymes, Paul Rudd, and Ll cool J have all been in this spooky movie franchise. What do you got? Paj I got nothing?
Speaker 2: What is it? Is it not another scary movie? Ooh?
Speaker 1: The scary movie franchise? That's a great Guests. I mere, you've got nothing. No, I don't think it's I don't think it's a I don't think it's a comedy one. Wait is it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I got nothing? I mean that's that's what I would have guessed, if anything, because of Dana, but.
Speaker 2: Not because of bus still rhymes.
Speaker 1: So because if you think about it, like Rappers a real horror film, well you know, I mean, Ludacris is in the Fast and Furious movies, right, Like, like rappers, as silly as they might be, will get cast in serious roles just because they just because they're low key, right like, oh he's a he's a dude that just kind of talks like that makes him a dramatic actor. Ice Tea was on Law and Order for sixty years.
Speaker 2: Was is I was?
Speaker 1: Yeah, if Dana Carfrey, that makes me think yeah, not another yeah, like the Scary movie franchise, the Wayns Brothers, Great Guests, Scary movie franchise, that's your guest. The correct answer is Halloween, the Halloween franchise. They have all appeared in some of those movies, a lot of them, Wow, Halloween h two oh, which was the twenty years after, But like Dana Carvey, I guess is a bit role in Halloween two. And then like Paul rudds in like you know, the sixth or seventh one. And then yeah, ll cool Jay was in h two. Oh and Buster Rhymes was in another one. But yeah, the Halloween franchise. All those actors and rappers and everything appeared in Halloweens. He said, has you have you done horror movies?
Speaker 3: I did one scene in a shitty non union horror film like twenty years ago.
Speaker 1: What's it called? Can we stream it?
Speaker 3: It was called I know it was Alan Richson's first job.
Speaker 2: You can look that up. Okay, you know what that is.
Speaker 3: Alan Rison is that guy on Amazon's show about the Big Ripped Reacher. He played reachert Oh, okay, yeah. And the reason I got it was because I was the reader and I was doing the read because I wanted to be like whatever I could get in there. And then the producer We're trying to cast this one little bit part at the end of the movie, and I was auditioning all these guys, and the producers like, why don't we just give it to him?
Speaker 1: Brilliant? Do the reader? Gents? That's the game it was so great hanging out with you for a little bit. What a great game. Yeah, enjoy the rest of your year, have a happy holiday season, and hopefully we see each other in real life, real soon.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Thank you guys, that was fun.
Speaker 1: It's fun. Thanks Mike by.
Speaker 2: See you next week for another episode of You Should Know Better.
Speaker 1: Want to help out the podcast, please subscribe to You Should Know Better wherever you listen to podcasts Radar Show and write a review if you can. It really helps get the word out to the masses. We thank you, and for some daily trivia action, check us out on TikTok and Instagram until next week. Take care of yourselves and each other. We're all in this together, and in the immortal words of Harry Carey.
Speaker 2: So long everybody.
Speaker 1: You Should Know Better as produced by Jackie Gonzalez de Ruffi and myself Mike C. Nelson, Edited by Nick Wright. All music created by mister Kevin Shema, voice over tenant Natalia Castelianos, and graphic design by Jason Caldera and Calderico