Speaker 1: Toby and Chili Mornings on demand on ninety seven point one Wash Up Them.
Speaker 2: Ninety seven point one wash FM. We're Toby and Chili in the morning. Why are you feeling good? First thing in the morning. Click the talk bag microphone if you want to jump in and tell us, just make sure you're signed into your iHeart app, or you can holler at eight six six nineteen seven forty three sixty one. Kat Harris playing the part of chiliamar producer Taylor Shea's here. We'll start with KT this morning, Kat, Why are you feeling good this morning?
Speaker 3: I feel like it's the same thing that I feel good about every morning.
Speaker 1: Air conditioning. No, my AC is still being fixed. It's not fixed yet. And I was driving into work.
Speaker 3: I was borrowing my mom's car and I was like, oh man, it's hot, and I just was like, ooh, I can turn.
Speaker 1: The dial down to sixty eight and get cool.
Speaker 2: They better get on that today though, because it's supposed to be hazy, hot, humid, muggy.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be grossy, it's gonna.
Speaker 2: Be like woa, Taylor Shay, Why are you feeling good before five o'clock this morning?
Speaker 5: So when I woke up this morning, it was still thunderstorming. Pretty good, Oh was it?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: And so I reset my alarm and I laid there for about fifteen minutes listening to the rain and the thunder. It was so peaceful. It was such a great way to start the day.
Speaker 2: Yes, I enjoy a good rain storm. That's nature's white noise. And it puts me back to sleep if I start listening to that stuff. So I kind of have to get forced myself to get up this morning. I got up and the house smelled great. Well, Kyla, I take it probably my daughter who's home from college, is a college graduate. If anybody's hiring anybody with creative creative writting degree, feel free to ask for an application for an application, or feel free to hit me up or a resume. I guess she cooked last night because I got up in the house smelled like pizza, and I was like, no, I'm hungry, but you know, there's always a butt. She left the pizza like a couple of the pieces that she didn't have, like on top of the stove, and I was just like, well, why would.
Speaker 4: You do that? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: You had a whole place smelling good, But then you left it on top of the stove. What if I would have wanted some of that for lunch leftovers or something. But you know what, Nonetheless, that smell this early in the morning so good. Why are you feeling good this morning? You know where to find us. Hit us up and tell us everything so we can share in your joy. In the meantime, hang out for a few minutes because we've got the news Top Stories at the Top of the Hour.
Speaker 4: Kati Harris, what are you working on?
Speaker 3: Mayor Muriel Bowser wants swift action on this Top Stories Top of the Hour news is being brought to you by Celsius Energy Drink. The US is warning Americans not to travel to Iran under any circumstances. The advisory comes as reports surface that the White House is considering an offensive military strike against Iran, fueling concerns about rising tensions in the region. On Capitol Hill, the Senate has passed a major cryptocurrency bill with bipartisan support. The legislation focuses on regulating stable coins, which is a type of digital currency tied to assets like the US dollar. Unlike other cryptocurrencies that fluctuate wildly in value. Stable coins are meant to remain steady. That crypto industry is calling this bill a significant win. Mayor Muriel Bowser is urging the DC Council to take swift action on modifying the city's juvenile curfew, and a letter sent to Council Chair Phil Mendelssohn, Bowser pushed for a vote on an emergency bill that would move the summer curfew to eleven PM and expand it to include seventeen year olds. A DC chef is being recognized by the James Beard Foundation. Carlos Delgado was named Best Chef to Mid Atlanta during Monday's Arimona during Monday's awards ceremony in Chicago. Delgado runs a Peruvian theme restaurant right here in DC. He is the only DC area chef to win a James Beard Award this year. The Florida Panthers are Stanley Cup champions. They beat the Edmonton Oilers five to one in Game six last night. And finally, in Virginia, a new company is out called grub Tub. They are launching the ultimate summer mashup grilling while floating. They're renting giant tubes with a grill built right into the center, seating up to eight people. Now.
Speaker 1: The owner, Joey you Did.
Speaker 3: Says that this is perfect for those who want a low key day on the water without needing a boat. You might need a boat today because it's gonna be hot, humid, and a chance of afternoon thunderstorms. Currently we are at seventy four degrees and Laurel and that is the news.
Speaker 2: With Toby and Chilly in the Morning, you get top stories at the top of the hour. Coming up in just a few minutes, we'll talk about you and how you're doing today with your morning mindset. Words that might help you to turn your day around, get you out of bed. Maybe you're feeling pretty good. This might just motivate you to do something a little bit better, and we'll get to that coming up next. Toby and Chilly in the Morning, It's windsday in the nation's Capital. Katie Harris is in for Chili Yamar and it's time for us to take a moment to focus on you and your headspace. It's time now for your morning mindset.
Speaker 3: Let's get some words of inspiration that will make your day go even smoother.
Speaker 2: Some people call this man the goat and I'm not talking about Tom Brady, I'm talking about the great Michael Jordan says that some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen. Michael Jordan, what does that mean to you? To me, to us, it means that we need to be the one who takes action. Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen. So who are we going to be today? We're going to be the ones that take action? Michael Jordan with your morning mindset, Hopefully it helps to motivate you to take on whatever Wednesday is going to bring your way.
Speaker 4: And if you need, by the way, to read.
Speaker 2: That again, you can on the Toby and chilipage at washfm dot com or just reach out to one of us will send.
Speaker 4: It your way.
Speaker 2: We'd be happy to Coming up next is Toby and Chilly in the Morning continues.
Speaker 1: We got some.
Speaker 3: Talkback messages when we were talking about the subject of things from twenty years ago that don't exist anymore that we absolutely loved back then, aka the trucker hat.
Speaker 2: Maybe you've got something you want to add to the conversation. Now is the time eight six, six, nine two, seven forty three sixty one.
Speaker 4: Talkback is wide open.
Speaker 2: To well, listen to some of those talkback messages you've left us, and we'll circle back on this cash till yesday with Toby and Chilly in the morning here on ninety seven point one, watch fmkat Harris, who's playing the part of Chilia. Maro and I we were talking about things that were really popular twenty years ago, but since then, twenty years later, they're nowhere to be found.
Speaker 4: There are so.
Speaker 2: Many things that we could add to the list of stuff we were talking about yesterday, Kat you know what.
Speaker 1: You know, it just hit me. I totally forgot about guitar.
Speaker 2: Hero Ooh yes, that was hours of endless entertainment.
Speaker 1: Guitar hero I felt like I could have been in a rock ban after playing.
Speaker 4: That, I know, right the nostalgia.
Speaker 2: Danica left us a talkback message to take us on a trip down memory lane.
Speaker 3: Twenty years ago, I still had a landline in my house, which I know people who are now twenty years old do not know what that is.
Speaker 4: You know, that's a true story. My daughter's twenty one.
Speaker 2: I don't think she even knows what a landline is, let alone how to use one.
Speaker 1: That makes me feel old. I still have a landlord.
Speaker 2: The fact that we know what that is, we're showing our age.
Speaker 1: Fucking min day. We used to have a.
Speaker 2: Landline, and back in her day, Beth left us this talkback message about what she had.
Speaker 1: All my CDs, you know, my cdks and all my CDs.
Speaker 4: I used to have a you know, whole different music collection back then.
Speaker 2: Thank you Beth for dropping us that message via talkback.
Speaker 1: This morning, Toby, do you still have CDs?
Speaker 4: And you're not like I.
Speaker 2: Used to because of streaming and everything kind of moved digitally into the cloud and whatnot, and so I got rid of a lot of mind.
Speaker 4: But I still have some.
Speaker 3: I've discovered they made great drink coasters.
Speaker 2: Is there anything from twenty years ago that you had to have that is not anywhere to be found now?
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 2: We'd love to hear from you at age sixty six, nine two, seven, forty three, sixty one, or you can tap that talk back microphone like so many people have done this morning, and speak your truth. We love hearing it, and stay there for the news. Top stories at the top of the Hour Coming up.
Speaker 1: Next, Top Stories Top of the Hour.
Speaker 3: Ipartisan concern is growing in Congress over US involvement in the Iran Israel conflict. Democratic Senator Tim Kaine has introduced legislation to limit President Trump's war powers, requiring requiring Congressional approval before any military action against Iran. The Senate Judiciary Committee is set to hold a controversial hearing today titled Unfit to Serve. The session will explore claims that President Biden's staff may have concealed signs of cognitive impairment. Lawmakers say the hearing will focus on transparency and constitutional responsibility, though the White House has dismissed the accusations as partisan politics. The Florida Panthers have done it again with a dominant five to one win over the Edmonton Oilers in Game six. The Panthers are now back to back Stanley Cup champions. A teacher in Prince William County is facing serious charges. Koy Dubnick, a teacher and coach at Forest Park High School, was arrested Monday on three counts of indecent liberties by a custodian. Authorities say that the forty year old allegedly exposed himself to students on June fourth while seated at his desk. He has since been suspended and barred from school property. In Virginia's Democratic primary for attorney General, Jay Jones has defeated Shannon Taylor and we'll face Republican Jason Mierraz in November. For Lieutenant governor, State Senator Galaza Hashmi has declared victory, though some ballots are still being counted. Both parties have finalized key nominations for attorney General, lieutenant governor, and House of Delegate seats statewide. With rising prices and tariff uncertainty, more Americans are turning to a homestead core that means composting, canning, raising chickens, and growing backyard gardens. According to yelp's Summer Trends report, people are seeking self sufficiency and embracing a simpler, rustic lifestyle. It's going to be a hot one, hot humage, chants of thunderstorms, the high of ninety today.
Speaker 1: Currently we are at seventy four in Springfield, and.
Speaker 4: That is the news. With Toby and Chilly in the morning.
Speaker 2: You get at top stories at the top of the hours so that you stay informed coming up in just a few minutes. Producer Taylor sha had an interesting question she posed to us yesterday, and this might be something that you can relate to. It's interesting, but sometimes you have to explain something and then you have to explain something again. What does all of this mean? Stay there and you'll find out in minutes. Is Toby and Chilly in the Morning continues Tilby and Chilly in the Morning ninety seven point one. Wash FM our producer Taylor Shay is in the studio and Katie's playing the part of the vacation in Chili Jamar today. Yesterday, as we were talking about today's show, Taylor, you brought up a very interesting question.
Speaker 4: One that's that I've been pondering all night.
Speaker 5: Well, I love my brother, but he's an idiot and he he twice. Now I've had to explain to him that suit and sweet are two different words that mean two very different things. The other day he I was on the phone with them and he was on his way to his lawyer's office and he gets there. He's like, Oh, I just got to drop off some paperwork. He pulls the door and he goes, oh, his suit's locked. He must be closed. I'm like, his what he goes his suit is locked. Huh So do you mean well, yeah, Taylor, it's the same thing.
Speaker 1: I'm like, no, it's not.
Speaker 2: No one like involves like a chastity belt or a garter belt or something. The other one is in office. I'm like, yeah, dude, there's a difference. Very wow.
Speaker 5: Have you ever had to explain anything to an adult?
Speaker 2: Twice, Toby, I have actually had to explain the difference between a grocery store and a market. I have a friend who thinks that the market is a grocery store. But to me, a market is like going to a farmer's market or to a specialty store.
Speaker 4: That's like a market.
Speaker 2: Where they have home grown farm the table kind of things. The grocery store has all of the things, right, It's beyond a market. It's a grocery store. So I've had to explain that multiple times to this person and it's like Okay. After a while, you just give it up and you're like, okay, market whatever.
Speaker 1: Kt For me, it's something that.
Speaker 3: I want to explain to my mom, but I just can't because it's too funny. My mom when she is using the term common sense Instead of saying common sense, she says, Kathy, you have no sense of humor.
Speaker 4: Common sense? Sense of humor?
Speaker 3: Oh like I got a sense of humor because I'm inwardly laughing at enemy.
Speaker 4: Really.
Speaker 1: Toby and Chili's nearly Impossible question.
Speaker 4: JT. Harre is playing the part of Chiliam mart today. What is the question?
Speaker 3: The US Census Bureau says that you probably live within fifty miles of this What is it?
Speaker 2: Eight sixty six nine two seven forty three sixty one. That is the number, eight sixty six wash f M the number one. If you are right with your answer, you'll go see Lumineers NAT's Park September sixth. We've got tickets that could be yours. Here's the question again.
Speaker 3: The US Census Bureau says that you probably live within fifty miles of this what is it?
Speaker 2: Tickets to see the lumineers Nat spark up for grabs called eight sixty six CHEFM the number one. Right now, it's the right win. It's your nearly impossible question. Let's learn something new together in Minnesota.
Speaker 1: Toby and Chilly's nearly impossible question, GT.
Speaker 4: What's the question? Again?
Speaker 3: The US Census Furero says that you probably live within fifty miles of this what is it?
Speaker 2: Tickets to see Lumineers on the line. They're in town September at Nationals Park. Michael in Rockville, welcome in, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna guess the town that you grew up in.
Speaker 1: The town that you grew up in is correct.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, congratulations, Wow, So is that true for you? By the way, do you live within fifty miles of the town you grew up in?
Speaker 1: I knew.
Speaker 3: I grew up in Baltimore and I live in Montgomery County, so I'm definitely within fifty miles.
Speaker 2: So you moving on up to the Moco side. Well, congratulations and enjoy Lumineers at NAT's Park. The tickets are yours from ninety seven point one was CHEFM, their Moco resident, Rockville resident.
Speaker 1: Thanks a lot, Shelby appreciate it.
Speaker 2: You're welcome, Michael, Thank you, and we've got more tickets tomorrow with another round of your nearly impossible question, and we've got the news. Katie's gonna tell us what's going on in the world with top stories at the top of the hour next until we and Chilly in the morning.
Speaker 4: Stay right there.
Speaker 1: Top stories Top of the Hour. Tensions are escalating in the Middle East.
Speaker 3: Iran's supreme leader, Ayatola Hamini says that the battle begins this after Israeli force has reportedly struck weapons facilities in Tehran. In response, Iran launched more than a dozen missiles into central Israel this morning. Global leaders are urging restraint as the conflict intensifies. Don't expect a break on interest rates just yet. The Federal Reserve is holding steady, with rates sitting between four point two and four point five percent. That means mortgage rates remain close to seven percent and the average credit card APR is over twenty percent. A woman is dead after being hit by a truck removing a tank from the National Mall. Thirty nine year old Sierra Smith was struck and dragged several blocks on Monday night. Authority say she ran into the street. The crash is being investigated by the Police Department's Major Crash Unit. Eyes on the soccer world are on Buzzard Point at Audi Field as they kick off its role in the twenty twenty five FIFA Club World Cup. DC is just one of eleven US cities elected to hold to host the Global Tournament, and finally, is romance dead? A new survey says one in three people think so. Seventy percent of singles say they are perfectly happy flying solo, and more than half so they'd rather fall in love with life than with a person. Still, nearly all admit that they can't go more than five months without a little kiss and a cuddle.
Speaker 4: So maybe love just isn't gone.
Speaker 1: It's just on break hot, humid, a chance of.
Speaker 3: Afternoon thunder storms with a high of ninety Currently we are at seventy five and Montgomery Village.
Speaker 4: Somebody here?
Speaker 2: Was it myself Kat Harris or was it our producer Taylor Shae got a letter and in this letter there was a PS. But about that letter and the PS, we'll tell you more about it and who got it and why that PS has us going hmm. This morning coming up in minutes with Toby and Chilly in the morning, hangout. What is an unconventional thing you find to be attractive? Toby and Chilly in the morning ninety seven point one wasch FM thoughts eight sixty six nine seven forty three sixty one or tap the talk back microphone producer Taylor Shae is in here also Katy Harris playing the part of Chilia mar Today. So, Producer Taylor Shae, what is an unconventional thing?
Speaker 5: What's more, it's less physical and more mental. My husband is a creative writer. And when I see him sitting down to think and I sees wheels turning, that is very attractive. So it's one of my favorite things about him.
Speaker 3: Weird.
Speaker 2: Let me right, yes, dear Taylor sun Rose this morning, when you.
Speaker 1: Put the dishes away in the dish.
Speaker 2: Washer, the way you take care of our kids and clean the bathroom and sometimes do my laundry, and Katy, what about you?
Speaker 3: Mine's kind of weird and mine is actually a physical thing. When I see that tool belt for some reason, you know when they break out the power tools and you just the tool belt. I just see the tool belt and for some reason, I'm like wow. So when you see like.
Speaker 2: A construction worker rocking his gear the tool belt specifically, that.
Speaker 3: Makes you go, well, it makes me feel like something's gonna get done.
Speaker 2: Well, you know something is going to get done, and there's a new Lagman's being built across the street. I ladies love when a woman takes charge and and says, hey, this needs to be done.
Speaker 4: We need to do this, we need to do that.
Speaker 2: I may act like I hate it, but in reality, when everything is done and it all just works out perfectly, I just think that's just beautiful. I think it's amazing. And then I'm like, why didn't I listen to you to again?
Speaker 5: If you could tell my husband that being bossy is a good quality, that would be helpful.
Speaker 4: Oh it's not bossy.
Speaker 2: Call us now here at ninety seven point one WASHFM, till be a chilly in the morning. Tell us about an unconventional thing that you find to be attractive. We'll talk about it coming up top stories at the top of the hour.
Speaker 4: That's on the way next.
Speaker 2: Till be at Chilli in the morning on ninety seven point one wash FM. Hey, if you've got thoughts on anything you hear us talking about, jump to the phone and call eight six' six WASH fm the number one or go high tech and used to talk back. Microphone if you're listening to us on Your iHeart, app gotta be signed in to use. It tap speaks and we'll get a voice note here in the. Studio speaking of, notes you got a snail mail letter yesterday or the other, DAY, kt.
Speaker 1: Old fashioned fan, MAIL i love.
Speaker 2: It do tell what does this pandemonium of KT's have to say to you?
Speaker 3: Today DEAR, Kt first of, ALL i sincerely hope this letter finds you. WELL i was reminded of you today Because i've thought of you. Often this Is, mike one of your most avid, listeners And i've never forgotten how genuine and kind you've always.
Speaker 1: Been oh here's a, story a.
Speaker 3: FLASHBACK i told you THAT i really Loved beyonce and wanted to see her With Destiny's child At Nissan pavilion years.
Speaker 1: Ago somehow you managed to get me.
Speaker 3: Tickets nen years later there was another, concert and you were kind enough to.
Speaker 1: Hook me up.
Speaker 3: Again oh, BOY i just wanted to let you know THAT i appreciate it and that you are always in my. Thoughts i'm glad you're AT. WASHFM i love the station here it. Comes take, care, Sincerely.
Speaker 4: Mike, Right and that was. It that's the, Letter.
Speaker 1: But it doesn't end. There there is a ps.
Speaker 3: PS i see That Katy perry's coming To baltimore or.
Speaker 1: Anybody you could hook me up with, tickets.
Speaker 4: Isn't it always that. Way let me butter you.
Speaker 2: Up let me write you a snail mail, letter And i'll tell you about all these TIMES i used to talk to. You, oh by the, way CAN i have some free tickets To Katy?
Speaker 4: Perry?
Speaker 3: What this is Why i'm? Single, Toby this is Why i'm. Single this is what happens every. Time, no, yeah you get buttered up and then that ps ends up being bs.
Speaker 2: Well toby And chili in The, Morning, agree, disagree talk. Back tell us your stories and we'll get to them coming up in. Minutes next news top stories at the top of the hour Is toby And chili in The morning Continue Top.
Speaker 1: Stories top of the.
Speaker 3: HOUR Us State department is Warning americans do not travel To iran under any. Circumstances this comes as tensions With iran continue to. Climb officials are calling The Israel iran conflict a rapidly evolving. Situation President Joe biden is headed To, Galveston, texas tomorrow to Mark june. Teenth the holiday observed On june nineteenth commemorates the day in eighteen sixty five when enslave people In texas learned that they were free more than two. Years Former President Joe biden is headed To, Galvinston, texas tomorrow to Mark june. Teenth the holiday observed On june nineteenth commemorates the day in eighteen sixty five when enslaved people In texas finally learned that they were. Free more than two years after The Emancipation, Proclamation june teenth became a federal holiday in twenty twenty. One The Florida panthers are back to Back Stanley cup. Champs they dominated The Edmonton oilers five to one and game six last. Night controversial new art piece is making waves on The National. Mall it's called The Dictator, approved featuring a giant gold thumb crushing the top of The statue Of liberty with satirical quotes from world leaders Including Vladimir putin Praising Donald. Trump the statue sits Near Third street and scheduled to stay up Through. Sunday you don't have to tell dog lovers, this but a news study finds that having a dog says a lot about your personality and spoiler, alert it's all. Good researchers from The university Of kent found that dog owners are more, outgoing, agreeable and less prone to.
Speaker 1: Stress but the. Perks just don't stop.
Speaker 3: There whether you have a dog or a, cat a furry friend significantly boos your overall happiness and wellbeing on par with the joy that you get from close family and, friends and that joy is definitely. Valuable researchers say having a pet is worth up to ninety five thousand dollars a year in. Satisfaction gotta be, hot humid today with a chance of some strong afternoon. Thunderstorms high temperature near Ninety currently we are at seventy six And.
Speaker 2: Burke Thanks kat for the News top. Stories it's top of the. Hour coming up next With toby And chilly in The. Morning your calls unconventional things you find. Attractive if you've got something to add to the, conversation please do your thoughts on the. Lip we're talking about the unconventional things that you find to be attractive this morning at ninety seven point. One wash up Them toby And chilly in The, morning where the number is eight six six ninety, two seven forty three sixty, one and you can add your voice to the conversation with. Talkback it's on Our iHeart. App if you're signed in you can use. It if you're not signed in create an account because it's. Free and we were talking earlier about some of the.
Speaker 4: Things.
Speaker 2: Kati you had mentioned the tool belt because you like very handy.
Speaker 1: Men, yes, indeed handy is.
Speaker 2: Good taylor commented on her husband being a very creative writer and how she loved, that and then and THEN i shared THAT i like the fact that there are women who just take. Charge you guys called them. Bossy i'm, like, no they're just. Asserted And page you wanted to throw your two cents into the conversation this morning From.
Speaker 4: ROCKVILLE i kind of.
Speaker 3: Like it when a guy needs glasses to, read kind of Like Clark kent With. Superman, yeah thanks for jumping.
Speaker 4: In paige Trev, is good morning In. ARLINGTON i gotta SAY i.
Speaker 3: Love like buck teeth on a woman LIKE i don't know, WHY i just love.
Speaker 1: IT i love when they kind of have a little bit of a you, know buck truth rabbit type thing going.
Speaker 3: On why couldn't you have just said that woman From White, Lotus.
Speaker 4: Yes she was, beautiful she's. ADORABLE i love that.
Speaker 2: Smile you like the buck, Teeth ashley And Oxen, hill what do you?
Speaker 4: Got it's a.
Speaker 3: Guy love spicy.
Speaker 1: Food forget about.
Speaker 3: It i'm like drooling already from the thought of, it AND i love.
Speaker 5: That he's like, that and it just it's maybe it's.
Speaker 3: Weird to other, people but that is so sexy to.
Speaker 2: Me i'm, Sorry, ASHLEY i couldn't hear. YOU i was busy applying on Some sarachis sauce to my. Breakfast what your new?
Speaker 3: Nickname?
Speaker 1: Tabasco?
Speaker 2: Toby, okay MAYBE i was, flirting but just a little.
Speaker 4: Bit here's the hot Sauce.
Speaker 1: Toby want, More toby And jilly head over to washafun dot com or The iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: App