Speaker 1: This is chef boy and you're checking out the Cruise Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Make sure you subscribe, like and share for you. She's gonna get your shaped like an artway. That's like you're doing it under.
Speaker 3: What they're going to pray brown away's sucking up, sucking up a gap, gap.
Speaker 2: Don't talk back, flippy word. Why didn't you double back to that gap? The gap? You don't talk back? How you?
Speaker 1: Oh what.
Speaker 3: Slap up?
Speaker 2: Call you in this game? Can be outside with my gun outside cruise.
Speaker 1: Ship dash crazy Nico Blitz And that was like the coldest intro ever got.
Speaker 2: I just got to chill. Come on man, some of the records. I was like, damn, I forgot I did that? Oh crazy. I can't wait till my concert.
Speaker 1: Man. Listen, man, y'all make sure I tapp in concert coming to man. Man, you know, let's running back, running back one time.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, is that Nico Blitz. She's gonna make it shake like an earthquake. She gonna check that ass.
Speaker 1: It's her heart.
Speaker 3: Baseline, rapping a waist like sucking up, sucking up after the gap, don't talk smash the bliss watt?
Speaker 2: Then why didn't you double back? Use this. Somebody sent me there, close this on my page. Collaborate your ans with me, elaborate.
Speaker 3: Nast car and I ain't got a man hard back your brain, yeah, yelling, I got you.
Speaker 2: Be outside.
Speaker 1: I'll be outside of my cruise showy yo.
Speaker 2: Three, that's crazy. I'm gonna be honest though. The hits make it easy. Yeah yeah, but damn throwing them in there like crazy. It was crazy.
Speaker 4: I mean, listen, I don't know if it'll get better than that. So that's the interview. Thank you very much for something.
Speaker 2: I take that. I take that guy. All you need is a couple of seconds.
Speaker 4: That's are you intro Bynico blitz man, let's get that's dope man.
Speaker 2: Sure you know the Cruise show man, Sure this is the Cruise Show. Yeah, yeah, we're here man. Yeah, it's real, real here, it's really let's go ganggang out now. Yo. It just took on right crazy like yo.
Speaker 4: TikTok, got ahold of it, radio, got ahold of it, video.
Speaker 1: Dropped and it was going crazy. Now it's just organically just spreading. It's like it's like a wildfire man shout out to the wildfires that we all got control of. Eventually it was spreading, like, well, he respectful. I was helping the people. I was there and people know me, people following me, and I was helping, so it was spreading. So I kind of looked at it like that, like I was sitting back. I probably made the record a month after everything calmed down with the wildfire, so I had did probably four records in that time of being in the studio, so you know, you never know. When I did it, I didn't.
Speaker 2: Think this is going to be. It's gonna be.
Speaker 1: I just added it to the catalog for that night, and then when I released it, it took over and I wasn't even focused on it. But then I had to focus on it because now it's a part of the algorithm. And then when they made the dance and then shout out to Cinco and his boy Cash, the TikTok actually took off and went crazy. Then all over the world see it, and I'm talking from the east coast to the west, cause they going they're going back and forth like, oh, you could do it this way, No, you do it this way, right man, listen, do it whatever way you want to do it, because you're using the song.
Speaker 2: And I appreciate the support bro. When I saw it getting done at graduations, I was like, yo, he's out of thing.
Speaker 1: When I when I said I said it to my to my sister, we was on a SPRINTERVN. We was on our way to a show, and I was like, man, all it take is like the right celebrity to do the TikTok and it's out of here. And then Cordla Ray she did it pregnant and all everybody send it to me and I was like, oh, it's out of here.
Speaker 2: And then from men it was like shaky.
Speaker 1: Now we got like remy my doing it like they're going crazy doing the dance. So it's a real trend in dance that's really affecting a good effect for the world.
Speaker 2: For sure. Saw families doing it, right, man, I seen football gang doing it.
Speaker 1: Man. Yeah, And like I said, when you say, when I say gang gang, it could be your day one hommies, it could be the people you grew up with, it could be your day one best friend, somebody that will ride with you. It's your gang gang. So anybody feeling like, oh, well, this is my ganggang. I don't gang bang, but I be with them every day. That's my game. That's my ganggang. I'll ride with him. That's my best friend, that's my day one. That's your gang gang. So you know it ain't just for the hoods, but shout out to everybody that's representing their culture and represent where they're from, because that's what I made it for. But then the way it's took it off, it's like, damn, it's for everybody.
Speaker 2: And the live shows and energy, I gotta get you. I put it there for sure.
Speaker 1: Don't book me if you don't want that. Now, don't book me if you don't want that, if you don't want me jumping around, I want to throw up one time.
Speaker 2: I want to people like, damn, he was all over the place. He threw up.
Speaker 1: Like I want to be on some like rock star type ship with these records because it's so energetic, and I just feel like as an artist, when you're booked and you're performing and it's a live show, you have to show a different side of you. The people that loves my music can't be more turned and excited than me. You're paying the scene, and I feel like, if you're paying to see me, I have to give you a show.
Speaker 2: That's where we lacking with artists. You might be dope, you might have hit.
Speaker 1: So the artist when you're doing the show, the artist is all over the place and you're just standing alone.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's cool.
Speaker 1: But if your tickets one hundred and fifty bucks and you're selling out and you want people to do VIP meet and Greece, then come on, have a little bit more. These are your fans because without them, you're nothing. So I always stay humble. I always stay ground and know that this is the people. I'm not behind no bots. I'm not behind robots, not a machine. This is organically, so I gotta respect it. Even with what's going on with Ice and everything. It's like, bro, I I'm with y'all.
Speaker 2: You feel me. I'm with the.
Speaker 1: People because I sell out shows with the brown community. I sell out shows with the black and brown community together. Sohouth Observatory always had me up there rocking out. So it's like, I'm with y'all. But at the same time, everybody got to do their own part. So yeah, I'm gonna just do my part and just support.
Speaker 4: I've seen the crowd of the shows.
Speaker 2: I give my love for y'all throwing it up, giving it.
Speaker 1: Up, they was around before songs took off off because I was presented to them a lot of songs like beat it Up, she Goes, she Goes. They like it more than I knew to where when I start performing and not seeing the reaction, I was like, Okay, we got to add this into the rotation because what if I do a sold I'll show of if I do a show this mixed crowd. I got to make sure everybody feel me. You know what I'm saying, Not my people, but all the people.
Speaker 4: And that's what it is since twenty sixteen, bro, for sure, you know. And we got a project on the way. We're working on something, and what are we working on?
Speaker 2: First? Tell me.
Speaker 1: What do we got so right now? Project on the way? Yeah, project is them.
Speaker 2: They're done. I'm probably need like one more or two more songs.
Speaker 1: Put everything through the master and other than that, I got a nine a nine track EP on the way Easy.
Speaker 2: Where did the name chef boy come from? Uh? Cooking?
Speaker 1: I actually cook, but I actually did like a music class in high school. I went to a continuation school. I was bad, Like when I was in high school. I was getting kick out all the high school. So when I like I had to get my credits up. I went to a continuation school. It was all boys school. In that school, we had different classrooms like music room.
Speaker 2: People.
Speaker 1: It was only three or four bungalows, probably like sixty people, and we were segregated.
Speaker 2: Spanx was here, the Blacks was here. If you didn't gang bang you in the middle.
Speaker 1: And you know, fresh out of the county or fresh out of juvenile you're trying to get your shit up, you go there.
Speaker 2: So we was in music class.
Speaker 1: I'm probably like sixteen, feel me, and then I'm watching people go in and out going back to jail. And they was like, man, you better either get your credits up and go back to school, or you better figure it out.
Speaker 2: We're gonna put a music class in here.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have a teacher come twice a week, and if you do these assignments.
Speaker 2: You'll be able to go to the music class.
Speaker 1: So I was doing my assignments and while everybody want to watch movies, all the estates kicking, they want to cheer and watch movies.
Speaker 2: I want to go to the music room. So I go in the music room. I'm cooking up.
Speaker 1: And then the teacher was like every time I asked you, did you do something for the day? You got something cooked up? You're like a chef. And I was like, yeah, like I'm gonna call you chef boy or a chef. You just said something. But I was saying my actual government name. When I was rapping, I didn't have a name. I was saying my real name, my real name, and everybody's like, nah, you do like and then he said chef. And then when I got my credits up and I went back to high school, I took culinary arts class and I was doing bacon and cooking and doing all the little sweets. I'm like, man, I'm a chef. I'm chef boy. And then it was that mixed in all together. And then when I got to twelfth grade or not like eleventh grade, it was another music class and they was telling me there was like, we allow you to perform in front of all the seniors called senior recognition. This is high school, the last day of school, and the auditorium will allow you to perform it. If you can make a clean record, you can make a clean song, no curse, curse, we allow you to perform it. And at the time, it was like a jerking era. Everybody's wearing skinny jeans and rejects was popping jacks. Yeah, but at the time it was a song that was popping called Candy.
Speaker 2: He forty Oh I love that dance. Oh my.
Speaker 1: So I was able to find the instrumental. I came up with some catchy, little jerk type of hook. It was I was a kid, yeah, but it was clean, no cursing. They let me perform it. That's right raised I'm talking about. I'm like fifteen sixteen performing in front of the five hundred twelfth graders.
Speaker 2: This is like two thousand and seven.
Speaker 1: I got like a Stoke coached Steve Auston jacket off. It was ordered, it was holographic. I thought I was the one went crazy. I don't even know if I could pull up that footage. But back then we only had like sidekicks and like chirps or it was crazy.
Speaker 2: It was crazy that then. I was like crazy.
Speaker 1: I was like, I'm gonna go crazy with his music. If you know, either football don't work or you know. I didn't even know I was gonna cut here to after football. I pulled my hamstring twelfth grade. I pulled my hamstring on the field and I was out, and everybody's telling me, giving me the little speech like yeah, what football don't work. I was like, why, i'm'na cut hair. So then the whole rest of the year, instead of playing, I was cutting all the teammates here. I went and bought some little Cortless clippers. I was cutting there. The coach was letting me line them up. I was on at the time. A lot of my teammates, even though we was kids, they had face with hair. Like I was on the on the field with some owens. They had face with here. So I'm doing little lineups and even coach like line me up. So I was like, all right, when I graduated, I'm going to Barber College. I pulled my hamstring. I was scared I was gonna pull it again. I'm like, yeah, I play sports, I hoop and all that, but I mean, let me go to Barbara College just so moms don't trip.
Speaker 2: I have something to fall back on if it don't work. I went to Barber.
Speaker 1: College and get a barbershop right in the barbershop right after me and man and been going crazy ever since. You feel I feel like you have so many like different things that Oh no, I got that. You gotta have different hats. You gotta have different hats. That's why I look at this as a business. Even though it's entertainment and it's fun, it's a job. You feel you get the job done. You know what I'm saying, those goals, this is.
Speaker 5: Like, this is your coming out party here. They don't understand all the ship.
Speaker 1: Man, and that's the that's the best part about it is like the new fans they go back and they be like, that was him. Yeah, oh I used to do that to that that that's his song too. It takes about ten years to be overnight success. So I don't I'm not mad at it. What I would I would have probably been mad at it if it was if it was someone else success that got me where I'm back, that would have made me mad, like, oh it was because it is or that, or he went no, it's cool, go back on my artistry and look at it and be like, damn, we was really sleeping on this guy.
Speaker 2: Cool, wake up, wake up, wake up. Let them catch up.
Speaker 1: Sure man, the labels is catching up now. I'm talking about people walk me in these labels two years ago and they was like, oh, we heard it. Okay, cool, we tik talking. We're gonna now, we're gonna keep We're gonna keep watching them. And now they're like, can we go on on the phone? Can we get them back on the phone? I remember you brought them, you brought them to it's two years ago. But now can we get them back on the phone. Now it's hard. Now you've got to talk. And now I'm talking. I'm the one that got I got.
Speaker 2: Not only am I talking, I'm also listening. The ball is my court. I'm dealing the cars. You feel me.
Speaker 1: Now, we're gonna figure out. Y'all can make it make sense. If it makes sense to me, then we can figure something now. But other than that, people was already bringing me to these people and telling them and they didn't believe. But at the end of the day, that's why I just dropped the single I believe When.
Speaker 2: You're yeah, that's when you're a new artist. How does a label try to play you by not believing? But I believe it.
Speaker 1: The best part about my motion is that I created it. So it's like you have no choice but to kind of listen to what I'm saying, because what I'm doing is working, it'll be different. I was an up and coming artist and you put the marketing in the back end behind me and you make me work, and you'd be like, it's because of us.
Speaker 2: No, I'm bringing this wave to y'all.
Speaker 1: So either y'all can put the this is an oil machine, either y'all could plug me to the bigger machine, or I'm gonna just stay alled up and we're gonna polish this mother again till we know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: They fall apart.
Speaker 1: Other than that, it's like I created a wave in emotion and I have leverage right now. You know I'm not trying too my own horn and sound cocky, but right now it's a lot of artists want to be where I'm at organically because people sign so fast to shit and then blow up later and be like, damn, I wish I would never I'm one of the artists that never signed to no one. I've never signed to nobody. I have nothing but distribution. I have just distribution, man. Shout out to DJ Charisma. All I have is distribution. She plugged me with distributions twelve years ago the right and I just been going good with distribution, bro, because signing to a major unlesson makes since they're gonna try to squeeze what they want to squeeze out of you, unless you could bring something to the table.
Speaker 2: Now I got something to bring to the table. You feel me.
Speaker 1: I didn't want for them to I didn't want them to create for me. I wanted to create a plan for them and for us.
Speaker 4: I'll bring in the energy. Don't worry about it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I got your supported.
Speaker 1: When it's time the things that they expect right from a label, your numbers, Can you sell out shows? Are you able to present, create, present whatever? I'm already doing all of those things organically naturally. Studio sessions. I'll fuck around to do a whole other project and just sit on it because I'll be in a studio so long with nobody. I can knock out six or seven songs and one day and then come back next day listen to them and they be like, okay, master that master that master that master that. Oh, let me go back in there and edit that, say some other shit on that. Master it up. Now that's another project. But people not working like that. They coming in with twenty guys, they smoke in their drinking, They do two songs maybe one yeah, and then and then they never get the record back until the producers like, what's up with the record you did two weeks ago? You're like, Nigga, I'm taking every thing home with me that day. Yeah, I'm grinding over. I'm listening from the ride home all the way. We're doing the car test on the way home. Bro, let me know if I can edit it or That's why I make so much music, because I'm polishing it as i'm hearing it. And it's all freestyle organic. I don't write nothing. All these songs y'all mixed in. I don't write none of it. None of that I can write. Yeah, I'm in Tellison is a month. I'm not gonna write for people, but I don't because it's so organic and the energy there when I hear to beat. Once I create a concept a topic, I stay on top. Man.
Speaker 2: That's a gift. Once you create a hook, the hook is the song, stay on topic.
Speaker 4: Is that why it's just you, maybe an engineer and one other person in the studio when you're recording.
Speaker 2: That's exactly why.
Speaker 1: Because it's mo organic, I might just need somebody there to capture the moment or if I got a big feature, or I know, like it's not hangout time, but we celebrating that. These verses then came in I'm not really doing a lot of work. I might bring three four people mass, but it's never a party. It's like, Nigga, this is a listening celebration. You feel mean you want to listen and you want to be a.
Speaker 2: Part of this.
Speaker 1: Take some little videos and then when I dropping, you could be like, yeah, I was there when you did that.
Speaker 2: That's cool. Other than that, I'll be so.
Speaker 1: So everyone has so everyone has to serve a purpose. Is they're going to be in the studio for sure, somebody gonna hold the camera, somebody gonna go get the drink, somebody gonna be able to go get let people in. So I don't got to stop record. If not, I don't need nobody there for what for? What I need you there for? To just be sitting there waiting for me to give you a blunt? That's the best part. That's if you walking in here, you got a job. That's what you call a team. It's like you got homies, you got people, you got family, But what's your team? Everybody can't be the same. Everybody can't have the same job title. You can't have the same people around you and call them the same thing. It's like my family. This is my family because I'm with my family, from my team, with my team, and with my people, you can me. So everybody has a position, from the security guard to the camera woman or camera guy. It's a position management, uh, and anything. You have to play a role because at the end of the day, you're not going to be a part of my spotlight. And I feel like you don't deserve to be there. You'll be you'll be removed, easy to exe you out. And then when the bag coming you feel like I owe you something and I feel like you did nothing. That's how I feel like.
Speaker 4: It starts to get funky when people don't understand what position they are playing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of people don't know. That's why I tell them, fast, what were we doing? What you do? You do this right?
Speaker 5: Discipline success even though you know it wasn't you have a certain amount of discipline.
Speaker 2: I had a hell of it. Yeah, because and being an athlete as well.
Speaker 1: Right, because being the and that's the thing, going through the stimulations and the tribulations of being other things like Barbara and athletes and having downtime. I know, you have to have discipline. I used to be almost four hundred pounds. That's one of my biggest keys to discipline. Not eating after a certain hour, will sticking to my watermelon juice, dyeing, going vegetarian, or they.
Speaker 2: Say never trust a skinny chef. Hey, they say that right.
Speaker 1: People know I was the big chef. They know health as well. Health as well for sure, So longevity is that thing. But yeah, it's all about discipline.
Speaker 2: How did you even get to four hundred pounds? I play football? So I played football.
Speaker 1: Then I cut hair, so being a barber standing up and just cutting hair, I used to eat a lot, like three four times and I got twelve clients. They're bringing me food because I don't have time to go on to lunch break or they get mad, They're like, I'll go get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you don't really got to leave it, and I gotta wait.
Speaker 1: So while they client, I'm cutting them eating. So after a year or two out of gay fifty sevunds and I'm like that was that.
Speaker 2: Your tip as well? Pause? Like was that like all right? Man? Like I'm gonna pay you your fee and I'm gonna bring you some food. They be doing that. They used to do that.
Speaker 1: I used to be like, don't do that. I ain't already. Some people will be like, no, I know you.
Speaker 2: Need to eat.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna just bring it anyway. I had to feed my kids. I got an extra one for you. I ain't turn it down.
Speaker 2: No food.
Speaker 1: Back in the day, I wasn't. I'm like, no, I'm cool man eating. I'm telling you. I used to get like a look, I used to get a twenty piece for we stop, right, is a twenty piece with fries right now? I could get a six with some celery stick. He is, and no rats either. You gotta have it regular.
Speaker 2: No rat.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's the best person. Like if I work out, you're already bad eating his fry food. Don't dip it in the ra You're already doing the basket. But they grilled, so just eat the chicket. Don't be dipping and scooping and the rat sticking like well, yeah, judging sometimes because he doesn't put dressing on his salad.
Speaker 2: Yeah dry salad. Yeah that's cool, but what about balsamic vinaigrette. At least you can try to try it. Try it. I tried it, you know, not for you. So you don't like your salad, pro I don't like the salad, wet proceed proceed.
Speaker 4: Like have any artists like pulled you aside and give you, giving you some real advice. Uh yeah, ship yeah, yeah yeah when you get to this level.
Speaker 1: Yeah Jones and pull me to this side a few times like man J Moses, Moses. I didn't talk to g Perico know, hey, man, you're doing anything, you know, so you know, everybody had their moments. It depends on where we're at. I didn't talk to r J and pulled me to the side. We done had our real ones, you know. So yeah, a lot of cats that I either we grew up on or listened to, you know, or I paid how much you are are once one of the feature with our reached Out even got a feature with It's like now they're like tapping, like okay, I see you and it's good, you know, yeah, man, it's good. It's good to get my flowers. You know, it's supposed to be right, for sure.
Speaker 2: Compton, that's mad Latinos bro a lot of Mexicans everywhere, for sure.
Speaker 4: I think I'd read that there's more Mexicans in Compton more than anyone else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they well from downtown, from downtown to watch to watch the compent.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, they're everywhere.
Speaker 1: We are everywhere you guys are you guys are everywhere like air.
Speaker 2: That's why it's like it's crazy.
Speaker 1: I've been seeing like a little footage of like downtown, like Santa fe Aia. The little district is all just like desert. I just don't believe it, Like, huh, there's too many people to just house this desert. Bro, everybody, somebody should be protesting or just saying fuck it, we open, because I'll be going downtown shopping and now I'm scared because they blocking everything off exit on the exit, I.
Speaker 2: Just keep going on the sixty. Go back to the team. What you're Spanish like, here's can give us thrice? Uh no, no, we in. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you're saying the gona be way. I only know I'm not gonna lie. I only know like bad words like what running dog? What?
Speaker 2: So what do we go? Fuck?
Speaker 1: Y'all gonna hate me? Like what y'all be what? I'll be done for sure? Nah, Bro saying, held, no, I don't know what you coming on this regular they go deeper now, hey man, but we're gonna it's a few ship. I ain't gonna say too much. You're gonna use this as a clickbait hat all. It's just gonna remix it. Come on, come on, come on, what the Chef Boy says that?
Speaker 2: Come on? Coming on?
Speaker 1: What you didn't use against they use it. I don't be now everybody talking about boy and I like what.
Speaker 2: I love you here, I.
Speaker 1: Love y'all were the same. Come on, don't do me like that. Y'all not on the real cruise.
Speaker 4: Chef Boy, congratulations, Come to see us any time. Hell yeah, for sure, drop them the intro to Bro send me that I'm posting posted on me that click when y'all do, y'all want to drop it? Collaping, I'm well doing that all right, we'll collapse for sure. Raise project on the web.
Speaker 2: What hell you're probably going to wait?
Speaker 1: Singles dropping and then the remixes on the way, well, the new version, the new verses.
Speaker 2: Please check your rich for the Cruise Show.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to the Crui Show podcast.
Speaker 2: To make sure to subscribe and hit auto download so you don't miss
Speaker 1: An episode, so so so so