Speaker 1: Welcome everybody to the Cage to Night Live.
Speaker 2: We almost got this thing off the ground with that many technical issues, but I spoke too soon on it. Six minutes in my computer completely shut down and restarted.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna try this again.
Speaker 2: I'm joined today by a couple of the good followers of the Cage to Night and honestly, there are.
Speaker 1: Just homies of the highest regard.
Speaker 2: And we're gonna just let the conversation go where it goes. Tonight, Tony had brought something in that he wants to talk about. I know Anthony's got a topic he wants to go on tonight as well. So and of course, Raven Lee, if you want to chime in at any point, you are more than welcome at all times. So uh okay, So, Tony, you were talking about a certain case that has come up, and it had to do with some something with a Russian with a diplomat.
Speaker 3: He was a Russian. Well, let's see, he was accused in Russia of working for six and he was thrown in prison in two thousand and six. Okay, I got a diplomat more of a spy type guy. I don't know his actual job wise, ok fair, enough anyway, it's almost not even important. So in two thousand and six he was arrested thrown in prison in Russia. This is staircase screepaul in case. We don't have the background here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the screen ball case. If anybody would like to look this up on their in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this was brought up on cult conspiracy a month or two ago with the GRU Russian intelligence service, and there are alleged activities and poisonings of people.
Speaker 4: Yea guy is probably the main guy.
Speaker 3: And the reason this is important is in twenty eighteen this led to one hundred and fifty or so Russian diplomats getting kicked out of England, a severe souring of relations, and it arguably was like one of the main dominoes that kicked off a string of events that led to the russ Ukraine War. So that's why this is important, even though we're just talking about a couple of people here. But yeah, fast forwarding a little bit, Okay, there was a prisoner swap in twenty ten. He was one of or five Russians exchanged for ten or eleven other spies on the other side. And he lived in England in Salisbury, which is southwest of London, a bunch of miles and the poisoning took place on March fourth, twenty eighteen. On March fourth, he left his house. His car was seen near the town center at one pm. He left his house at nine am. His car was seen downtown around one thirty pm. At one he and his daughter Yulia went to a pub in the Bishop's Mill and at two twenty pm they dined at Zz's on Castle Street, leaving at three thirty five pm. Zz is a chain restaurant over there. It's kind of like Domino's apparently. But then at four point fifteen, an emergency services called reported that a man and a woman later identified as Sergain Julia had been found unconscious on a pub bench in the center of Salisbury by passing chief nursing officer for the British Army and her daughter, which is quite a coincidence.
Speaker 2: I don't know if the nursing officer for Britain just so happened to find this guy there.
Speaker 3: But there's also a chemical weapons research facility like ten miles away from this place. Coincidentally perhaps, But some people accuse the British of poison and poisoning them and I'll get more a little.
Speaker 4: More into that in a minute now.
Speaker 3: The way, so, Saragai and Julia ended up in a coma for about a month each, and the Organization for the Probision of Chemical Weapons OPCW came to England and and found.
Speaker 4: This novo chalk.
Speaker 3: Organo phosphate molecule on the doorknob of Screet Paul's.
Speaker 2: Apartment's wearing a bell that nova chok in this whole situation, Novachok is a very specific type of chemical agent being used in primarily from one specific group, not always, not one hundred percent, but it's it's kind of the for a long time was a very stereotypical weapon of choice for a certain three letter agency from a certain country in Asia.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if I could fill in the blanks, I think we're allowed to.
Speaker 1: But yeah, we are. We are just being physicious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it was developed in Soviet times, so we're talking before nineteen ninety, right, And you know, I'm still open maybe this actually happened this way. But one of the big inconsistencies here is you notice, you know, he left his house at nine am, and he only passed that out on the park bench at about four fifteen PM, so that's quite a long time for this poison to be incubating. And the doctor, okay, here's the new revelation that just came out this week. The doctor who was treating both of them, there were several doctors of him, was named Robert Cockroft. Actually, let me confirm that first name Cockroft was a yes, Stephen Cockroft knew, I know, I got it wrong. And he says that he saw Julia wake up on March eighth, just four days into the coma. And he's he's got a lot of experience as an intensive care doctor, and he works with a lot of patients who are in coma's after car accidents and stuff, and he always talks to.
Speaker 4: Them, and he thought he was doing a good job. But he asked her, so what happened?
Speaker 3: And she couldn't talk, So take this all with the greatest salt, because she was communicating via blinks. But he reports that he was asking her, so you went to this place, Zizi's right, and she she blinked yes, and then he said, well what happened there? Were you poisoned there? And he says she started crying her eyes out and ask her how did that happen? Did somebody spray something on you? And she blinked yes, So you know, this is kind of more or less one way communication, but he's sure when he recounts it as saying she says she was poisoned at the restaurant and then she went back into the coma and he told his boss about it, and his boss told him, you're not to speak about this to anybody. And this only came out years later in twenty twenty one, with a public inquiry, which is kind of a public investigation and it's not a full blown one. So in British law, if they do something called an inquest, then six agents can be called to testify, but with inquiry levels it's way lower than that. So we were probably not getting the full story from the British government on this, But anyway, OPCW came to investigate and Yulia and Serge were both given or at least Yulia was given a tracheotomy on March twenty first. It wasn't taken out until March twenty seventh, so it was kind of almost deliberately to prevent her from talking.
Speaker 1: Do we know why she did this?
Speaker 2: Like for the record, anybody who doesn't know tracheotomy, typically there's a high side and a low said they can do for this. If they go low side, they're pretty much slicing through your vocal cords.
Speaker 1: Like you may be able to talk again, but it's highly unlikely. So do you know why they gave her a track?
Speaker 2: Or the medical reason was she was she unable to breathe on her own or some shit.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I think they gave some excuse like that. But the allegation is maybe the British government and intelligence were trying to prevent her from talking. And the working conspiracy theory right now, there's a couple of layers to this, but the conspiracy theorists are alleging that the British actually wanted to have Sarah Gay killed because he was thinking of defecting back to Russia.
Speaker 4: Now I don't know if I believe this.
Speaker 3: Because this would imply that he would have to have a lot of inside knowledge of British intelligence, which he may or may not have had. I'm betting he probably didn't. But then the even deeper layer did this Actually maybe that is the deeper layer. I can't remember. I mean, this just came out, the thing about her waking up early and telling the doctor that she knows he poisoned her. And we haven't heard from them since except for one statement they gave in May. They signed a letter saying, oh, this is what happened to us, And they have pretty much vanished off the face of the earth since then, except that Serkai made one call to his niece in Russia that was recorded in twenty nineteen, and other than that, they have not been seen or heard from. They have not confirmed or denied anything. Some people wonder whether whether they're still alive or whether they were a target of like the British wanted to assassinate him because they thought he was going to defect back to Russia. Now, I don't know what the hell's going on here. It's just, you know, it's a lot of different theories in the world. And what do you think you still think through gr you did it, because I'm open to that possibility.
Speaker 2: All right, looking at this from all angles here, certain things of this story just throw out immediate red flags.
Speaker 1: Of course.
Speaker 2: They you said that they left their house at nine am.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they left their.
Speaker 3: House at nine am and passed out on the park bench at four or fifteen pm, and then.
Speaker 1: They went to Zz's around what time.
Speaker 4: A two to three thirty pm something like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, so the day itself was a very typical day. They went and got a late lunch, early dinner type of situation. Now, the poison or the agent I should say that was used, correct me if I'm wrong, But that's a nerve agent type of chemical weapon. It's not a It doesn't make you like exphyxiate, It doesn't fill your lungs with liquid or any of that. It doesn't make you, you know, bleed through your eyeballs. There's all kinds of crazy nerve agents or poisons. I should say this one, if I'm not mistaken, it does attack the nerves themselves.
Speaker 4: Correct, Yeah, that is what it's supposed to do.
Speaker 2: And if I'm not, I'm not like an expert on this by any means, But if I'm not mistaken, the research that I did too into this weapon for that episode. There's different ways that it can be administered, like, for instance, it can be on a door knob, but just touching it with your bare hands isn't a guarantee that it's going to get to its intended target, or at least.
Speaker 1: Accomplish it's an intended purpose.
Speaker 2: Now, ingesting it, breathing it in, or having it injected. Now, these are other ways, of course, But just putting it on a doorknob possibly, sure, But that's assuming that these aren't like super neat freaks to wash their hands constantly, you know that kind of thing. Somebody walking into the restaurant, just kind of spraying it straight up like the scarecrow the on Batman, just sh out of a wrist thing and then they got it. Sure, I could see that too, But we're talking about them leaving a restaurant at three in the afternoon and then showing up at a park bench at four in the afternoon, four fifteen. I mean, I'm skiffing on the little numbers here, you know, the little small change details.
Speaker 3: But yeah, there's ways smaller time lag there than leaving the house at nine am to four pm.
Speaker 4: So it is more believable this way.
Speaker 2: But that is broad daylight. That is, that's not like they drug them to a back alley. They didn't get thrown in the back of a van somewhere and then they got placed on these benches.
Speaker 1: For that to have happened in that way.
Speaker 2: I feel like there's a lot of key details that are missing within that critical hour.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know the city's layout that they were in.
Speaker 2: I don't know if there's a lot of like traffic cams or things that could be pulled and seen as far as how are they were they walking out of this restaurant, were they staggering out? Were they There's a lot of things unknown there now for them to not die instantly or not instantly, but in the matter of an hour or two from this, especially with the agent that was being used, there is a working theory to say that that type of substance has a shelf life, and they allegedly big allegedly have not produced that chemical agent since the fall of the Soviet Union because the Soviet Union operated under different walls, they accepted different things to be acceptable behavior. Fine, I get it, CIA during the Cold War was doing a lot of foul things and they still are one hundred percent still are, but not to the blatant level that they were during you know, the the Red.
Speaker 1: Scare and all of that.
Speaker 2: So I could at least believe within the realm of reality that this was an older agent that was being used because they have a stockpile of it and they're just trying to use it when they can, and it's not as potent as it once was, so maybe it didn't do the complete intended effect, but enough to where it put them both in a coma and really damaged them.
Speaker 1: Now for her to have a trait put in.
Speaker 2: Medically speaking, there's only a few scenarios where that is like the obvious correct course of action, and usually that involves whenever there's no other way for air to go into the lungs. Like I saw a picture of a marine, but I think it was a marine, it might have been a soldier. Honestly, his face basically there was a crater where his face had once been. He survived that because they put a trake in and he was able to continue breathing.
Speaker 1: His brain was still functioning.
Speaker 2: He just no longer had a face or you know, jaw, and he was not able to breathe through you know, these air holes anymore because they were no longer existent. But he was able to live through that, at least to the time they got him to the hospital.
Speaker 1: I think he later died from his injury. But for them to do that.
Speaker 2: That means that her entire esophagus was closed up from that to the nose in the mouth. I can't imagine that happening while she was laying comatose in a hospital. It would lead more credence to foul play.
Speaker 1: Either. Maybe it was Grew.
Speaker 2: Possibly maybe it was British intelligence, because let's talk about that now, he was kicked out of Russia for being an alleged six member. He goes to England and then they're saying that he was trying to go back to b KGB again or Grew or whatever the case is. Could it be that he was kicked out of Russia just for the story and they were saying that he was an MI six agent In reality he wasn't. But that was the kind of like The Departed, right, Leo DiCaprio's character had to go to jail to seem like a criminal even though he actually didn't commit a crime. It was for the story, it was for the act. I could see that being the case, But for them to take him and his daughter in that way, that, ah, that's messy, even for even Soviet era Russia.
Speaker 1: That's messy, messy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm looking it up. He was convicted in two thousand and six, convicted of spying for Britain. Prosecutor said he had been supplying Six with the information since the nineties and was paid one hundred thousand dollars by Six for the information. This is the Russian legal system saying this, and maybe it's right, maybe it's wrong, but I actually forgot one other kind of important thing for them to for the final blame for this to come down to Novi Chok. There was actually one person who died in this hole, in this whole debacle. It was a homeless woman named don Sturgis, and she died on April thirtieth, remember that the original attack took place on March fourth, and she allegedly was well, there was a guy I forget his name who fished a bottle of perfume out of a trash can north of Salisbury and gave it to Don Sturgis, and she thought it was perfume, so she sprayed it on her hand and then she died from it. But with it being two whole months later, I'm kind of pushed next to doubt. I'm thinking that if there was foul play here, you know, maybe the British government needed, you know, an actual dead body and to claim that novichok did it. And how hard would it be to fabricate the toxicology report to say, oh, we found this organo phosphate, it's novachok.
Speaker 1: And especially on a homeless woman.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, a homeless woman who probably died of something else, and.
Speaker 2: That story would check out, Like, Okay, if somebody was to spray perfume on the wrist and then smell it, you are inhaling basic pure novachalk. I could understand why that. Yeah, yeah, I get it. The pieces of the puzzle fall together. However, a random homeless woman that had no connection to any of this, or at least allegedly who knows, dying as a result of this, and oh well, that must be the perfume bottle that was used.
Speaker 1: When you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Are we saying that a perfume bottle was used as the weapon of choice by the alleged assassins.
Speaker 1: I possibly sure. I just I feel like there's better way to do it, you know, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Maybe it smiles loving and pour it on the doorknob. It's all possible, And you know, it just pains me that we're probably never gonna know till we're all dead and we get to ask God what really happened here?
Speaker 2: I yeah, I could see it being Russia trying to tie up loose ends. I could equally see it being England trying to tie up a loose end and blaming it on Russia. I also, I'm not an expert in toxicology, so I don't know what kind of telltale signs they were looking for to say that it was absolutely novachok? Or is this also a doctor that's you know, on the take who just wrote that in the report?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I could see so many levels of incompetence on this. And also the whole story about him being paid one hundred thousand dollars that sounds ridiculous out loud, Like, Okay, so the guy was spying and risking his life in Russia right after the Soviet Union collapsed and all these things for one hundred k that seems like a low number, right. However, we just recently, like two years ago, had a Air Force guy sell the air strategy like software and data to China for like fourteen thousand dollars. So, I mean, it's like, there are really dumb people that do wild shit for very low amounts of money.
Speaker 1: That's not new. I just I have a hard time seeing it.
Speaker 2: Dude, one hundred k and all you did with that was move to just a random city in England and try to live your life with it, Like that's not enough to live on. I but maybe if he was taking that money while he was in Russia, I mean, after the Soviet Union collapse, their economy was absolutely in the shit, or so maybe one hundred k US or one hundred k euro, whatever the case was, maybe that did in fact go a long way in that economy.
Speaker 1: I don't know. There's way too many red flags on the play here.
Speaker 3: Another thing is that nerve gas is supposed to be really really really really toxic. Yeah, only a few milligrams should be necessary to kill a person, so uh, And Vladimir Putin's been asked about this on a number of occasions. He says, I'm not an expert, but I think that if this were really military grade, it would have taken a microscopic amount micrograms, and you know they would have been dead right away.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: This novie chalk allegedly has been used on alex Say NAVALNI and others, and pretty much everyone who has ever allegedly been used on has survived except for Don Sturgis.
Speaker 2: And I've heard that that's because it has a shelf life and it's lost its potency over years or whatever the case is.
Speaker 1: That's a theory. I'm not really convinced on it.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's like saying a mustard gas bomb from World War Two that didn't explode, it's just unexploded ordinance in the ground, and some farmer hits it with his plow like he won't die, Like, oh, yes he will, you know, potency and not, that's still gonna it's still gonna do the job.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, anyway, that's all I think I have for that story, and I think we got plenty of time left for other stories and other people.
Speaker 1: We do.
Speaker 2: Indeed we do, indeed as far as that case is concerned. And that's the Vladimir Putin's saying he's not an expert on that, respectfully, I would have to disagree. That'd be like George Bush Senior saying he's not an expert on the things the CIA does. But it's like, but you led the CIA, like you, Yeah, you may not have been a operator in the field, but you know the operating procedures, and you could you would be able to tell if it was your boys at work or not. Putin was former KGB, and if I'm not mistaken, he wasn't like a low level peon.
Speaker 1: He kind of ran shit for a good.
Speaker 2: While, So I feel like he would know more than most if it was one of his groups or an agent that is used by Russia or not.
Speaker 1: But it's not like he would openly admit that that was them.
Speaker 2: So I mean, I'm not blaming him for keeping up the story on that front either. I understand why he would do that, especially in the position he's in now.
Speaker 3: But yeah, by the way, have you ever seen the picture of him standing next to Ronald Reagan in Moscow posing as a tourist.
Speaker 4: No, it's a real thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was posing as a tourist standing next to Ronald Reagan in Red Square in Russia at some point in the eighties.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's pretty wild. See all right, Kretman from wrong Tony. But there was a situation. Putin was probably a mid level guy with the KGB, but the story goes that he was directly involved with this.
Speaker 1: There was a little bit of a hostage situation.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure which Arab country, but one of them decided that they wanted to play stupid games and win stupid prizes with some Russian diplomats family members, or they were trying to blackmail him, or whatever.
Speaker 1: The case was. They decided to piss in Russia's cheerios, and allegedly the.
Speaker 2: Leader of this group got mailed a series of boxes over the next couple of days with body parts of his family members, not all of them, but there was. It wasn't his wife, it wasn't it might have been one of his children or something like that. And since then there's been no Russian hostage situation from any Arab nation.
Speaker 5: I believe that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to say it was in the seventies or even the early eighties, some group, some terrorist group, decided that they wanted to try to reach up and slap at the Soviet Union, and I guess they didn't realize how the Soviet Union did business. It might honestly have been around the time when the Soviet Union was in Afghanistan, now that I think about it, and the message was sent back in kind. And basically we just haven't heard of many terrorist attacks in Russia ever since, well up until a few years ago, we had a couple of psychopaths like try to go on stabbing spreeze in Russia, and they also got handled with equal vitriol. I would say, this is how that group does business. And that's why whenever we did that episode about the grow you're telling me these are the pipe hitters of the pipe hitters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they I.
Speaker 2: Could absolutely see them doing some some foul things on behalf of the nation of Russia.
Speaker 1: Sure, I don't know, man.
Speaker 4: Anyway, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 3: I think Anthony had something spiritual woo woo going on here.
Speaker 2: Maybe all right, all right, let's let's shift gears off of geopolitics and assassinations and Anthony, let's talk about this now. Is this a wo wo type of conversation or is this a organized religion type of conversation?
Speaker 1: Where are we going?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 6: I wouldn't say it's necessarily woo woo.
Speaker 5: It is it is?
Speaker 6: It is religious? Okay, yes, okay. So I was watching this random video yesterday. I forgot to save it.
Speaker 5: Right now. I gotta preface this.
Speaker 6: I am vehemently against religious I'm gonna fuck this word up religious syncreticate.
Speaker 2: Synchronization, oh, secretismcretism.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think syncretism or secretism.
Speaker 6: Syncretism, like saying all religions are are the same.
Speaker 4: Ah, okay, right, I.
Speaker 6: I am I I am against that. In this video, it was super interesting. The video starts off with Christianity is the evolution of Germanic paganism.
Speaker 1: Now that's a new take.
Speaker 2: Usually I've heard Christianity is the adoption of mythraism, and and they brought in from the Persians, and they brought in from.
Speaker 1: The Silk road. I've heard all of these. It's a okay, yeah, so I.
Speaker 6: And I find it interesting that the same video has hit my feed like three or four times, and literally the first the first couple of times, the first five seconds they say that line, I just get pass it. I'm like no, no, uh uh no way. But finally I just listened to it and it made.
Speaker 5: It made sense. I won't lie.
Speaker 6: So essentially, what it breaks down to is that we are living in post Ragnarok times and the Christian in modern times, the Christian God is or Jehovah Yahweh, whatever you want to call him, is a renamed balder Balder, yes, which I won't lie characteristic wise, traits wise, and how they are talked about. If we were going to compare one god to another, Balder makes significant more sense for Yahweh or Christ than Odin and Thorp.
Speaker 1: So break this down for me.
Speaker 2: I've heard a few different types of Nordic pagans say that Balder and Jesus are a pretty equal storyline, you know, And I've only ever heard like two examples be given, and they always sound very like poor comparisons to me. So what are the examples that you're bringing here?
Speaker 6: Okay, So the the examples are honestly sparse at best, like super super basic.
Speaker 5: Balder is described.
Speaker 6: As like Balder the light he is, He's loved by everybody, He's all about peace. He is the exact opposite of his father Odin. Right, and that so you know the north Smith, Right, Balder dies well after Ragnarok, Balder comes back and rules.
Speaker 5: So Balder survives.
Speaker 6: Balder and his blind brother Hodor survive Ragnarok because they are in Hellheim. Right, That's the only place the afterlife, the underworld is the only place that isn't affected by Ragnarok.
Speaker 5: And they come back after.
Speaker 6: Right, Thor's two sons, Magni and Mody, survive and it takes to both of them to wield his hammer. There are a outside of the man and woman that survived, there are a few divine beings that do survive Ragnarok. So the other than him.
Speaker 5: Being light loving and.
Speaker 6: Really like, if I was gonna say a god that embodies Christian values, I could. I could say that for Balder and the fact that he actually dies and comes back to quote unquote comes.
Speaker 5: Back to life.
Speaker 6: Now granted it's not three days, it's at the end of a cycle, but there, but there are but there are similarities.
Speaker 2: I've also heard the same thing about Odin. He was hung on a tree for three days and came back, And I've heard that be the comparison to Jesus's story too.
Speaker 5: But Odin didn't die on the tree.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I thought he had. I'm not I'm not an expert in this. I thought he had hung on the tree until death. But he was reborn so to speak with And that was, you know, after the knowledge and the whole one eye thing.
Speaker 6: So the way I understood that the I the eye was a separate, separate circumstance. Right, So like here's so there's some people that say he transcended death on that when he hung on the tree. There's nothing in the myths that says he dies.
Speaker 5: The I believe thee.
Speaker 6: The saying is I know that that I hung on the trede nine nights long. No bread they no bread I was given, no meat I was given. I stabbed myself with my spear, sacrificing myself to myself. So there is nothing in there that says There's nothing in there that says he died. Now, he might have reached the point of death, but he did not cross over, right, And you can and I can judge, And for me, I can back that argument up with he does not go to Hellheim when Balder dies, he now resides in Hellheim like the rest of us. And presumably when the other gods die in when the other gods die in Ragnarok, they also go to Hellheim like the rest of us. But I've also got a lot that also opens up a whole nother can worms around the myth, Like if Balder can die and come back at the end of a cycle, what's going to happen? Like when that cycle ends, does Odin and Thor come back? And is there a second part to that myth that where that is yet to be written?
Speaker 5: Right there?
Speaker 6: I got so many unanswered, unanswerable questions from North's myths.
Speaker 5: Yeah that it's it's it's freaking nuts.
Speaker 6: But yeah, speaking onto that one bit, I thought that was super I heard that, and I don't ever see me converting back to Christianity. But if I ever did, I feel like that would be the logic that would get me there.
Speaker 2: So all right, so we could talk about the historicity of things in a moment, But as far as Balder's story goes, it depends on the myth because there's one story that says he died from a spearman of mistletoe. Is he the one that sacrificed his hand to Loki Sun the wolf?
Speaker 5: No, that's tear tear excuse.
Speaker 6: Okay, So so yeah, there's there are two different myths around Balder. Like like I am, the the whole argument was kind of cherry picking certain things like oftentimes comparative mythology. Does you know, and I'm not saying that that is the case.
Speaker 5: The video was super short.
Speaker 6: I've literally just been in my head about this for three or four days, and I thought you would find the thought interesting as well. Like, it's obviously nothing that could be proved historically, if if for discussions sake, it even was real, But the thought rabbit hole has some interesting implications on the pagan side and the Christian side.
Speaker 2: So especially when you talk about the conversion of the Northern European countries to Christianity or in that time frame, Catholicism, there is a lot of things that were said and done to try to blend the cultures more fluidly. I and I mean, yes, I've heard these stories before, especially about Balder And I've also heard tear b used as an example of a Jesus figure. Then I've also heard the same thing with like Odin hanging on a tree. I've heard that be used as an example of something towards a Jesus like figure. Every it's like to make the entire story of just the death and the resurrection and the whole thing about that you have to pull not you, I'm saying, like the people that would compare these two in some sort of like a Venn diagram, you have to pull from like three or four different gods stories to make up the one story of your boy Jesus.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: And with that being said, the Mythraic religion had something simil uh. The Zoroastrians had something similar, I want to say, not the Hindus.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: There was something of the Eastern, like far far Eastern that had a figure that had a similar storyline to the story of Jesus. It's like there's too many missing gaps to say one hundred percent that this is a one in one comparison. And you acknowledge that too, and I appreciate that it is interesting to look at. Don't get me wrong, I just I personally don't see it, especially when you look at the historicity of Yeshiah of Nazareth and the whole story of him, the manuscripts that have been transcribed and found and verified to be from the day and age. I it's it's it doesn't really hold a lot of water to me personally. I see it as a as like the thought process and like the hypothetical dogmatic debate that can happen because of these one hundred percent but especially when you're talking about the Nordic religion, because like you said, there's so many unknown things like, for instance, and this I hope this doesn't offend anybody.
Speaker 1: I am not intending to. I would like to be proven wrong on this.
Speaker 2: But we don't accurately know the name of all nine realms within the Nordic religion. We know seven of them, and two of them we are guessing at. But it would be the same if I'm not mistaken. And this is not a comparison of saying like in the Bible they say the ring of fire and they say shoal and they say, hell, it's all the same place, and it's like, it's not. That's not the same place. You gotta look at how it was being used in all these things. But so many people use these words interchangeably to make a point, if my studies are correct on this, as far as the Nordic religion of things goes, we know seven of the nine realms, but two of those realms have names attributed to them that other Nordics were using in other sagas almost interchangeably with these other two. And so it's like we don't really know much as far as the concrete of the religion. And a lot of that was because it was passed down orally, and a lot of these things weren't put pen to paper until much much later, after you know, hundreds of years of these people practicing this religion. And I also we can go back all the way to the Druids as far as like the protogenesis of the orators, right, the ones that passed it down orally for centuries until it had to be finally transcribed. And then half of the sources we have on it were written by Catholic monks. So you also have to test the not just test the spirit on these things, but you've got to test the biases on these things as well. But I mean, zombie, go ahead or ravenly excuse me to speak up on this one.
Speaker 7: I was just gonna say just about the story of his death and stuff.
Speaker 1: Like, there's really not.
Speaker 7: A lot of information that he's been mentioned a few times by an Icelandic excuse me, an Icelandic medieval scholar was actually wrote like the majority of his death using the mistletoe that was wielded that Loki convinced on the other guy to throw. And then there's like a Danish historian that also wrote about him briefly in medieval context, and then you have an and then he's mentioned one more time in an Anglo Saxon chronicle. The thing about history and about losing especially the oral language between people and the differences is the problem being is that you have differences in understanding words and then also using and translating those words. And this is one of those religions that is great, but there's a lot that's been lost. And even I follow a lot of historians that actually live there, there are from there, and they break down a lot of this information and there's a lot that's still like missing pieces. I mean, it's like trying to put together a puzzle, and then you have Christians that came in and wiped shit out, so it's like you don't have everything. So I find it interesting to tie lots of different religions together because there's lots of similarities across the globe with religion, especially when it comes to like origin stories and like specific like the flood stories and certain things. There's specific things that are seen globally with tribes and different locations. So it's a fascinating topic either way.
Speaker 2: The global flood story is another one that's really fascinating. A lot of people will compare that to the epic of Gilgamesh. Right, that's like the older or oldest quote unquote story of the global flood. We don't even have a complete copy of the Epic of Gilgamesh. The one that most people reference is the most complete copy that we have ever found, but that's even missing entire sections out of it, and say, piece together from other things, from other types or other of the Epic of Gilgamesh. It was written and rewritten so many times that at a certain point it's like, Okay, y'all didn't even make a complete copy of this until what like four hundred years after nobody was worshiping the dude anymore, or at least referring to him as some sort of a historical source.
Speaker 1: And you're absolutely right. As far as the.
Speaker 2: Christian chroniclers, of what they were seeing and what they were being told by their heathens to the north and all of these things, mistletoe is always very fascinating to me. Even the Romans wrote down how the gauls the Druids were taking golden sickles, and like harvesting mistletoe is a part of a whole ceremony they were doing. When asked about this, they explained that mistletoe was one of the only plants that was not helped me out the reason why it was able to kill Balder.
Speaker 1: It was it's not that it wasn't named. It wasn't it wasn't not blessed.
Speaker 6: No, so sorry so in regardless to Metropo. So the reason mistletoe was able to kill him is Balder had dreams of his death, a foreshadowing, and frigg his mother, Odin's wife went around and extracted promises from every single thing in the universe, from being to plants to rocks to not kill Balderah. Even the Jotans swore they would not harm Balder.
Speaker 5: They loved him.
Speaker 6: Right, She overlooked mistletoe because she had thought that there was no way that mistletoe could possibly hurt her son.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Right, And so we're going off the minutes where the mistletoe Dardult kills Barto kills Balder, And yeah, there's there's a lot of contention around that. There's a like I'm gonna tie in, I I would push fact that we do know, we do know what that what the nine realms are. Some of the names change differently depending on region, but I'm I'm sure there's people that will argue against that. But getting back to the Balder bit story, So what happened is Loki uses some magic to turn missiletoe into a dart a small spear, basically manipulates it to the point where it's hard enough that it can that it can pierce Balder. Because once Frigg had essentially gotten all these all these promises, they made a festival out of it, right a balder. Balder died by his own huberis at that point because everything had extracted a promise that they wouldn't harm them. So they're trying to stab them with spears, throwing rocks, all this other thing, and everything is just act off of them, right. Yeah, And Balder has a blind brother named Hodor, who I'm probably pronouncing that wrong.
Speaker 1: It's h O d u r.
Speaker 6: Somebody with better Norse can correct me on it.
Speaker 4: Hole.
Speaker 6: But yeah, uh, but he Hodor's blind, He's not able to u He's not able to do it.
Speaker 5: Right. So Loki, being the mischievous.
Speaker 6: One that he is and super jealous of all the love and attention that Balder gets, crafts this dart out of mistletoe and convinces Balder to join in the fun and Balder throws the missletoe dart that kills Balder.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Actually, as a matter of fact, Raven Lee just shared something to the chat. I'm go ahead and read it.
Speaker 2: Here, it says the literary sources the pros Eda of the medieval Icelandic scholar Snorri Sterlison. From from the Treatise on Mythology and Poetics come the most complete account we have of the primary tale concerning Balder, the story of his death and resurrection. The tale can be briefly summarized as follows. When Balder began to have dreams of his death, Freg went around to everything in the world and secured from each of them an oath to not harm her son. Confident Balder's invincibility, the gods amused themselves by throwing weapons and any random thing they could find at Balder, and watched them.
Speaker 1: Bounce off of him, leaving him utterly unscathed.
Speaker 2: Loki, the guileful trickster of the gods, since an opportunity for mischief. He inquired of Freg whether she had overlooked anything whatsoever in her quest to obtain oaths. She casually answered that she had thought the missletoe to be too small and harmless a thing to bother asking for such a promise. Loki straightaway made his spear from the missletoe and convinced the blind god hold holder, I can't do the ours to throw it at Balder. The projectile pierced the god and he fell down dead. The English gods then ordained that one of them should go to the underworld to see if they're I'm sure there's more to it, but yeah, I think they went to the underworld to see if he had in fact died, and they witnessed it, and that, if I'm not mistaken, wasn't that one of the reasons, if not the reason, that Loki was sentenced to like be tortured for all eternity or whatever.
Speaker 5: I mean, that was the straw that broke the camel's back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean.
Speaker 6: There were there were, there were other things, and that they actually yet. Odin sent Skerner down to Hellheim, not to see if he was dead, but to see if Hell would Hell would release him from her realm. And Hell said that if every living being weeped for Balder's death, that she would release that she would release Balder and all but one being in the entire universe wept for Balder's death, or one giantess refused to weep Balder's death. I forget the name that they give her at first, but come to find out it's low key in disguise.
Speaker 1: Okay, actually the rest of it's right here. Okay.
Speaker 2: The anguish gods then ordained that one of them should go to the underworld to see if there was any way Balder could be retrieved from the clutches of the death goddess Hell her her Maud, and another one of Odin's many sons agreed to make the journey, and mounting odin steed slept Near, which, by the way, is also Loki's son that he gave birth to when he turned himself into a female horse to dissuade the giant from completing the walls. That's also pretty fascinating as well. Slept near is the eight legged horse that allegedly the eight reindeer that pulled Santa sleighs stemmed from.
Speaker 1: But talk for another day.
Speaker 2: He rode down to the World Tree until he came to its dark and damp roots, wherein lies Hell's a boat. When he arrived, he found his brother Pale and Grimm. Sitting in the seat of honor next to Hell, Hermaud implored the dreadful goddess to release Balder, and after much persuasion, she replied that she would give him up if and only if everything in the world would weep for Balder, to prove, in other words, that he was a universally beloved As hermit hacclaimed, the whole world did indeed weep for the generous son of odin all that is save one creature, the giantess. Uh yeah, I'm not gonna try to pronounce that, because I don't speak the language next to us as thanks generally, as generally assumed to be Loki in disguise callously refused to perform the act that would secure Balder's return, and so Balder was doomed to remain with Hell in her joyless realm. While this account comes overwhelmingly from one source, bits and pieces of it can be found in earlier Old Norse poetry, and many details of the narrative are depicted on pieces of jewelry dating from before the Viking Age. We can be received reasonably certain that the tale as old as snory is not only authentic, at least in his general outline, but very very old.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough.
Speaker 2: So there is references to that story, and again there may be nuances to it. It might be like a small reference somewhere here, in a small pictogram here that is the most complete story that we have of the entire thing. I get it, But that's that's the thing that's not exactly a comparison to the story of Jesus. I I could see if you were like squinting your eyes and turn your head sideways and you're jumping through a few hoops to make the comparison. And I'm not saying you, Anthony. I'm saying like the people on the internet that try to say that it's the same thing. Jesus is literally this guy too, and it's I've seen them before and again it's it's always very weak arguments and very fragmented sources. Okay, with a grain of salt, I understand that most North mythology is fragmented sources, but you.
Speaker 1: See what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's like they're taking a small snippet out of the entire thing to try to draw that comparison. I equally disagree with people taking a small snippet out of the Bible and trying to do a whole sermon on it, like one sentence without any of the outlying context.
Speaker 6: You know, Yeah, I mean it's it's it's definitely a cherry pinking argument. Yeah, it was just a time i'd really heard that. I didn't know if you had ever heard anything like that before. I thought, like, like I said, for me, it was just I don't think it's true, but it was like, you know, dog, I just like to go down the random rabbit holes.
Speaker 1: Oh, no doubt.
Speaker 2: And I mean the Norse mythology in and of itself or the Norse religion.
Speaker 1: I should say, I don't want to.
Speaker 2: I don't wanna you know, sound like I'm belittling it in any way, because I'm not.
Speaker 1: It is a ultimate well you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: There are people that still worship these gods full till full hilt, like with the amount of faith that I worship God and Jesus. So like I understand, and I'm not trying to belittle these people their beliefs, but that being said, it's.
Speaker 1: I've seen it. I understand why.
Speaker 2: That the the moral dogma and the traditions and the type of lifestyle that the pros and poetics you know, teach to live by. It's typically morals that most people could agree with, as far as like how to behave, how to speak to people, how to honor your responsibilities and your commitments, don't get drunk, be a gracious host.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 2: Most of what they teach and preach is stuff that most human beings could get down with by today's standards.
Speaker 1: So I mean, I get it. It's fascinating to dive into.
Speaker 6: There is also in line in the hovel of all that essentially translates out to trust no bitch, but guys are pieces of shits too.
Speaker 1: Oh but I thought you meant like actual bitch, like a female dog.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yo, the wolf mother would have something to say on that, bro.
Speaker 5: Modern street translation. I believe the actual line is there. It's you know, sritnicky things.
Speaker 6: And one of the things it talked about is do not trust a woman's heart for on a spinning wheel. It was fettered or something. But it also says that. It also says immediately after that that I speak for both sides. Oftentimes men speak fairly but have poor intentions.
Speaker 2: That's fair that that's very fair, you know, and I mean, if we're gonna get real here, real uncomfortable. As far as the way that Nordic people treated their women folk, a lot of scholarly debate has been done on this to say, like, oh, no, it was a very equal culture because women could divorce their husbands, but husbands could take like three or four wives if they so chose.
Speaker 1: Women could not take three or four husbands.
Speaker 2: I would not call that equal just because a woman had the right to divorce her husband and in rare cases would be able to even go up on the front lines with them. And as far as inheritance goes, I think there was a couple of times where like women could even get to the rank of y'alll, which is dope. They wouldn't become a queen of like an entire region like not you wouldn't have a queen of the Danes leading a raid somewhere like that would that would have never happened. And a lot of that does, I think have to go into the realm of like trial by combat or at least because you had to take the throne more often than it would be passed down to you, and most not all, there are some women out there that are absolutely stone cold killers in hand to hand combat. Most of the Viking men I believe, could have bested Viking women.
Speaker 1: At hand to hand combats.
Speaker 2: So if a woman would have achieved the rank of some like that, I think she would have been killed before she would have ever gotten a chance to do anything. But it's not like women were not respected or anything. It's not like they were looked at like second class citizens.
Speaker 1: Or any of that. It's just I feel like the culture was not as equidescent.
Speaker 2: As a lot of our modern interpretations would like to let it be seen as.
Speaker 1: Raven Lee please chime in.
Speaker 7: Well, it's kind of ironic that you're bringing us up, because I was sitting here while we've been talking, reading this new thing that just posted ten hours ago in the Science News saying iron Age Celtic women's social and political power just got a boost. And what this is talking about is they've been excavating these iron Age skeletons from these Celtic sites in southern England, and the DNA clues indicate that pretty much the males integrated into all female societies, and that the that they're proving that the women were actually inherently there's a the female centered marriage pattern that they were actually integrating certain specific men into it. And they've been digging up. They have fifty seven skeletal remains near this site, and then they all share a typical inherited from their mother, revealing that both sexes shared maternal ancestry and at the they were female dominated societies and that they allowed certain males to immigrate into it. And so I haven't finished the entire article, but I found that to be really interesting because I was like, well, this is interesting to because this isn't the only site globally where there is all female cultures where the men were coming in and providing something that the women needed obviously.
Speaker 1: Sperm, but protection.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean, but there is a lot of other, you know, groups that have been male female led. So I haven't got to read the whole article yet, but I'm still trying to finish reading it.
Speaker 2: There is absolutely something to be said for that, especially because there were so many men that would die in battle and the women would inherit their lot, you know what I mean. There are plots of land their their title in some cases. So there were examples of matriarchal. I don't want to say tribes. That's no settlements, if you will, but that is more of a few and far between things, or at least to my knowledge. If there is new evidence that has come out to say otherwise, and I would love to hear more about it.
Speaker 1: But if I'm not gonna say, like, correct me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 2: Largatha didn't she lead a predominantly female rand settlement, And I know they they made a reference to that on the show Vikings, But historically speaking, if I'm not mistaken, Largatha also did that with a lot of widows and a lot of elderly gentlemen that weren't seen as a threat, so to speak. But they pretty much just kind of wanted to do their own thing away from the society and the bullshit for lack of better words that they had left. There are examples of that, for sure, and there's there's examples of women being buried with all of the jewelry and the gold and the things to show a level of status, and the level of status given to the woman in that burial site would indicate that that was not secondhand from her husband's accomplishments. That was decorations and things that were given or earned.
Speaker 1: By her off of her merits.
Speaker 2: So I'm not saying again like women were seen as less than by any means. There are examples throughout there's female yarls. I mean, yeah, we could look at the example of like Budica. We're gonna go to like the ancient times, But the only reason that Bhudica led the charge in the way that she did was because her husband was dead and that they had just assaulted.
Speaker 1: Her daughters and her.
Speaker 2: But like, if her husband was alive, Boudica would not have been on the front lines. And so it's more of a case by case situation. I would argue that it's not very indicative of the entire culture.
Speaker 6: I don't know though, so I so, yeah, there's there's absolutely examples there. I'm not a super historian, but but I know I've read I've read it there, and I'm confident enough to say that it has been there. Okay, So, but it was kind of one of those things. It was more of an exception than a rule. Now, what I want to add to that, And I think when we are looking back, and this isn't just in the Norse Pagans this is across the board.
Speaker 5: But using like the.
Speaker 6: Example you gave of, oh, you know, Norse women were you know, were traded so good because you know they were able to divorce their husband's own land.
Speaker 5: This, that and the other thing.
Speaker 6: I think oftentimes where we get lost societally looking back at older cultures and especially the Norse. That's the example that I know the best people confuse.
Speaker 5: Rights for equity. Yeah, and do we.
Speaker 6: In modern society, especially Western society, we are not able to understand how two things can be equal but different, right, Like I think in from from my understanding in vite in Norse Germanic culture, women were equal, but they were different. They they had they had different roles and obviously on you know just as today you know you got your tomboys. Sure, but yeah, that's for me. That's why, like I kind of stopped looking back, because we can't understand like we were. There's so much that we just genuinely we can conceptualize, but we we can know it, but we can't really understand it because as a whole we just don't understand those two things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could agree with that one hundred percent. Ravenly just sent a couple of other things.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 1: This is the article I'm assuming you were reading here.
Speaker 2: It says matriarchal practice is characterized by many British Celtic community British Celtic that Bibutica. Okay, hell yeah, here we go by British Celtic communities. The scientists say further comparisons to mitochondrial DNA from people buried at one five six British one fifty six British. I'm not sure if that's an age or a location of a dig site could be either or and continental European archaeological sites I guess i'd answer my question. Spanning about six thousand years, revealed shared maternal ancestries at six other British Iron Age locations. Most of these sites date between four hundred BC and five fifty BC. Previous archaeological finds and historical accounts that suggesid Celtic women held considerable status. Greek and Roman writers describe powerful female political leaders in Iron Age England, including two Celtic queens Hell yeah. Prestigious ornaments and other items placed in the graves of Western European Celtic women hinted at societies in which property was inherited through maternal lines absolutely quote that said, we were not expecting such a strong and widespread genie genetic signature of Matrio matriologically got it across Iron Age Britain, Cassidy says, wow, okay, so there are there is in fact a historical precedence to go off of with here, it says, across most of European. Between roughly three thousand and two thousand years ago, Cassidy's team found that Iron Age Celtic people in southern England, including Durotrigians.
Speaker 1: I think I nailed that one.
Speaker 2: Showed genetic signs of substantial meeting with continental Europeans who must have crossed it the English Channel. An infusion of continental European ancestry in England and Wales first occurred before the Iron Age, as early as around one thousand BC to eight hundred and seventy five BC. A twenty twenty one study concluded this those population movements may have brought Celtic languages to the British isles.
Speaker 1: I could believe that as well.
Speaker 2: Social structures can vary in present day matriarchal societies. Cassidy says, men sometimes dominate formal positions of authority, while women collaborate with local maternal relatives and other allies to control family property, direct food production, and make major buying and selling decisions. Unlike more common patriarchal systems in which a woman marries into a husband's family, matriarchal arrangements provide women with the more access to education and divorce.
Speaker 1: You know, there's also not there's some historical precedence to this as well.
Speaker 2: Spartan women, for instance, The Spartan women are actually who ran Sparta because the men weren't allowed to live in their home with their wife until they were thirty and had already accomplish at least one, if not two military campaigns.
Speaker 1: So as far as like who was.
Speaker 2: Running the home front, usually women were the ones that would inherit all of the land, all the property, all the whatever, because their husbands would typically die in battle. So what you had was essentially a women mafia running the city state of Sparta for the longest time. Now that being said, how did Spartan men marry a Spartan woman. They would force rape her, and that was how you took a wife. If you were able to top her, so to speak, then that is now your wife. And that's just how that went and it was accepted and all these things, so like that's not a positive thing, but that was also once that happened and the woman would take on all of the inheritance of that guy. It rolled in, it got passed down more to the daughters than to the sons. Again, because they would go on military campaign. I could see that also being a thing with the Nordic, Germanic, Celtic, the Britannic, the Danes. I could see something like that also happening because again these were warring nations. Yes they wanted peace, but they also pillaged as like a whole trade of theirs, so like you would go on rampage, you know you would.
Speaker 1: I could see why women would.
Speaker 2: Hold a lot more power in reality than what they would initially seem to the Europeans that were writing down what they were seeing.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent, Anthony, go ahead.
Speaker 6: I just I just had to dip it in real quick. I got to get to bed. Y'all, have a good night, great conversations, and I will see all next.
Speaker 1: Week, no doubt.
Speaker 2: Brother, Thank you for stopping in this evening, of course, So this is fascinating.
Speaker 1: Stuff, y'all.
Speaker 2: I enjoy these types of conversations, religious or history, or whatever the case may be.
Speaker 1: I dig it one hundred percent with that.
Speaker 2: If y'all have anything else y'all really want to go on or talk about, I'm all ears.
Speaker 4: Have you heard of this new app?
Speaker 3: Shaw Holm Show Little Red Book kind of like the replacement for TikTok that's not going to be banned for some reason.
Speaker 2: We just talked about this on an episode we we did only a few hours ago.
Speaker 4: Oh you did so.
Speaker 2: I am probably gonna ruffle some feathers on this one. I am of the belief that any person who is downloading that app for content creation purposes should be arrested for high treason.
Speaker 1: That's just me, Yeah, arrested.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying put to death or anything like that, because most of the people that are downloading it are idiots. But this is an app that is not even shy about the fact that they are, in fact an espionage operation for the CCP. Like that's not a hypothetical, that's not a well you know what they say, Like, No, this app is very open and honest about the fact that that's what this is. And you have all these American content creators who are leaving TikTok and downloading this as a form of protests to the government. So on paper, you are actively and knowingly contributing to espionage in a an enemy of the state. So I would take that as you're aiding an espionage knowingly and willingly and should be tried for treason.
Speaker 4: That's just me reason.
Speaker 3: Well, it's like, what kind of material is going to be transferred to China through this app?
Speaker 2: So it is able to and again everything I'm about to say, yes, I understand that the CIA and the Patriot Act and the NSA can do all these things from our phones.
Speaker 1: Currently, I get that.
Speaker 2: This this app wants it's download the same with TIMU by the way, but I'm not saying that everybody the downloaded team who should be arrested like this isn't something that most people knew about. Team who was actually down getting more data from us than TikTok ever has. And that's also not even a debatable topic. This red Book app is, Yeah, I don't even know how to pronounce the name, so I think it's either red note or red book or whatever the case it is. It's able to turn on your camera, even if your phone is off and the battery is dead. It is able to take all of your biometrics. It is able to track everything that you do on every app, any of the encrypted apps that you have, it's able to cut straight through them. If it's already on your phone. It's everything, every single thing that you have access to. It could turn on your camera right now and take a three D image of your house and then put it up in their system and their database that they know the infrastructure of whatever. If you bring it to work and you have this red Book app on your phone, it could absolutely just track your movements and take scans of the entire facility and be able to tell where would be the best place to strike to blow that place up. It's it is insane, and it's telling you verbatim this is yeah, it's Chinese own. So clearly the CCP.
Speaker 1: Has majority ownership of it.
Speaker 2: But it is for the purpose of collecting data for espionage reasons, and people are downloading it to give a middle finger to the government because their butt hurt that TikTok's going away, and it's like, I'm trying, dude, I'm trying to have empathy for people please do. Because Jonathan and me got into it over this today because he disagrees with me on this. He's like, he doesn't see TikTok as a bad thing, and I always have I understand that.
Speaker 1: I'm biased on this.
Speaker 2: I get it, and I understand that, yes, the NSA can do all of those things on my cell phone right now, even if I don't have any of these apps downloaded, because Patriot Act is a real thing.
Speaker 1: I get this.
Speaker 2: But if it's my government spying on me, which I don't like, but it's gonna happen regardless of my feelings on the matter, or a country who is an active enemy of ours, and it's very very likely that we go to war with them in the next decade, you see what I'm saying. I feel like this is not a fair comparison of a one to one.
Speaker 4: Here, Okay.
Speaker 3: I guess I don't regard them as as much of an enemy, and I really hope we can avoid war. I really think it's unnecessary. So well, I agree we're going to go to war in the next ten.
Speaker 2: Years because China sees no other option. And I'm not saying the Chinese people that are out there just trying to earn their daily bowl of rice. Okay, clearly, I'm not talking about your average citizens just trying to make their way in this world. China's biggest asset has always been their numbers and their manufacturing capability.
Speaker 1: Okay, got it.
Speaker 2: When they gave way to the one child policy for I think it was like fifteen years or something like that, they screwed themselves out of their biggest assets. And they know that, which is why they have been trying to muscle in the financial sector and in the industry sector and in the tech sector, because what they can't do with numbers, they can make up for in technological advancements and closing in on the oil field and the oil market and the chips and the resource grabs and all of these things, which I understand it. I don't have a problem with. By the way, they're trying to look out for their future. And I mean as a as a realist, what country's leader wouldn't be looking out for his country's best interest ten twenty thirty years into the future.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 2: But that being said, they have done it to such a degree that now their youth have no motivation to do anything right now. I think they forget the name of the movement.
Speaker 1: Not the chin shell, lie down.
Speaker 3: The lie doown movement. I've heard of it. I don't think it's really big.
Speaker 2: It's not big in like the rural areas, you know what I mean. If your family owns a farm, you're gonna work the farm as they always have. But the people in the cities, which are the people that they would want to work in the tech sector or go to college for something better, they yeah, there are some that are still grinding and earning their way, but it's I would say it's by the numbers I've seen. And again you have to test those numbers, because I mean, where are we really getting that intel from. It's like a third anybody from like fifteen to thirty years old, like a third of them have pretty much just said who cares anymore? Like the government's gonna take care of us. The CCP is gonna either give us food or let us starve. The jobs will be there or won't be there when I get to that age, it just doesn't matter. It's they'll do their part when the time comes. But it's not like they're openly happy about doing their part. They're they're pissed off that they are only a cog in the communist machine. But aside from that, why I see China as an enemy is because currently America is the only superpower on Earth right and the only reason we had that distinction is because we're able to wage a war on two fronts simultaneously right now. No other country can boast such a claim to the degree of which I'm talking about here. Yeah, you can have a group over in this country and a group over in this country fighting on behalf of your nation, not to the scale of two all out warfronts. We're the only ones that have the numbers of the capability to do so. China has been trying to level that playing field. I don't think they're trying to level that playing field just so that they can boast the claim.
Speaker 1: The same way that.
Speaker 2: Russia didn't boost up their military just to have a strong military. They boosted it up because they intended to use it. I don't believe that China is gearing up for war or building up their navy and trying to get their military numbers up and up, and trying to get new military tech, and every seems like every six weeks they're trying to release some new jet or some new fighter, some new stealth bomb, and all these things. I don't think they're doing that for bragging rights. I think they are trying to look for an opportunity to use their new shiny toys. I don't believe China is gonna openly attack us by any means. I believe that it's gonna become a trade war, and then one thing's gonna lead to another. It might be Taiwan, it might be a situation with Korea, it might be who knows what will be the actual catalyst to lead to Chinese troops and American troops firing at each other. But I see that as a real, real likely scenario in the next decade if some things really don't shift. I don't think Trump's gonna do anything to calm that down either. I don't think Trump's gonna instigate a war. I don't think he's gonna go and kick the hornet's nest necessarily. But he's also not known to be the chilliest guy ever, and neither is Gee. You see what I just I see it as the powder keg just keeps getting more and more packed full, ready to blow.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, I was gonna ask, you know, what the flashpoint would be, and I think if it was gonna be anything, it would have to be Taiwan.
Speaker 5: I can see it.
Speaker 4: Japan, Japan.
Speaker 2: Japan has had a weird issue with China lately, with the way the Chinese navy has been going around their seas and stuff.
Speaker 1: And then China's kept building islands, they keeps san islands. Yeah, they did that for a good while.
Speaker 2: They just kept dredging up sand and making an island and saying, yep, that's now Chinese territory, our sea, you know, our international seawaters go out even further now cut two three years later, and those big sandpiles they made have all gone back into the ocean because that's not how that works. So it's like everything they've tried to do to project power has ended up shitting in their own face. And I think that they are so pissed off about that that eventually they're gonna be left with no other option but to do something drastic, to like let there, let.
Speaker 1: Them be known, right, let them be heard. I hope I'm wrong.
Speaker 2: I hope that we can avoid all of it, because God, a war with China would not be good for anyone at all.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I just aside from Taiwan.
Speaker 3: The only other situation I could foresity resulting in hostilities is if the US Navy, which controls most of the waterways in the world, tried to shut down the Malica Straits or something, and then China would feel like they need a navy to keep it open. But yeah, I hope that's not going to happen, or you know, maybe if the US government just ends up in so much debt that we have to withdraw the Navy from most of these other far flowing corners of the globe. China wants their navy to be the replacement, even though their ships currently can't go more than something like two hundred miles away from their own waters at this point. But I think that could change, and so yeah, it would probably be China, I mean, Taiwan or.
Speaker 4: The Malica Strait.
Speaker 3: I kind of doubt that it would be over these water claims or these islands because even though Japan claims the Sinhaku's, when you look at the map, they're actually really damn far away from Japan. And there's also you know, some disputed water between China and the Philippines and Vietnam.
Speaker 1: And we are really tight with the Philippines.
Speaker 3: And Vietnam for some reason, even though they're one of the last communist governments in the world.
Speaker 2: It's very strange how we're cool with Vietnam, Like we were cool with them like fifteen years after the whole situation where we had to go and get our diplomats.
Speaker 1: From the embassy exactly.
Speaker 2: Vietnam holds like they hold no beef at all towards like how things were in the past, and Vietnam vets go back there for like tours and stuff. There is no weirdness for some reason. They're very cool about things like wars War Man. Yeah, you kill my grandfather, but come on, come get some Taipei Like it's like.
Speaker 4: What did Yeah, they Hoachediman and hated the Chinese.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's very common in Vietnam. So I think a lot of their overall geopolitical thought just for revolves around that. So even though America did bomb the shit out of them, they don't care about that as much as they hate Chinese. And I would liken this too. I have some German relatives and most people I talked to from Germany they hate Russia and they can forgive America for bombing the shit out of them because you know, we're enemies with Russia too, and they just say, fine, what took you so long?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So yeah, I find that kind of weird. So I don't really fit in with Germans on that front.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: I could also see the bricks system being a catalyst on another regard, and like you're saying, like it could be the Islands, it could be the maloccer stry, it could be it could be all of these things kind of all falling into place at the same time to finally be the straw that broke the camel's back.
Speaker 1: I could see that too.
Speaker 2: But the brick system being what it is in Brazil going through the coups that they have gone through, Venezuela getting weird and talking about how they want to invade Puerto Rico, right hear me out. I don't think Venezuela is going to do anything militarily. They were already talking about invading their neighbors to the south and that still hasn't happened. But Maduro is talking about invading Puerto Rico using Brazilian troops, and yes, it's like talking head type of things. It's like campaign promises, whatever. But if something was to happen in Venezuela, China and Venezuela are very tight, right, and any of these bricks countries are very tight.
Speaker 1: I could see.
Speaker 2: Something happening with a nation not even connected to China by any other means other than just the bricks. And then because of an alliance or some sort of a you know, mutually assured defense contract type of situation, if we were to send American troops, not even a full scale invasion or operation blah blah blah, not even that, just troops are operating in South Africa. Throwing it out as an example, I think three years ago Russia and China did a joint naval strategic operation on the coast of South Africa. And of course they are both allies to South Africa through bricks, I get it. But that being the case, if we had US a team of US personnel in South Africa that just so happened to become, you know, in body bags, and they just so happened to have some sort of a Chinese conglomerate off the coast, I could see that being blamed of it Gulf of Tonkin type of situation or the USS liberty type of situation where it would be a false flag to kickstart a war. Yeah, I could see that absolutely in the works as well, but I don't. China is still a manufacturing powerhouse, but they're losing that by the day to their neighbors, not just Taiwan, not just Philippines, not just Indonesia, not just Singapore or all of them together. So give that another decade, especially with China's the population that's supposed to get to the workforce in ten years that won't be there because.
Speaker 1: They were never born.
Speaker 2: I see them feeling like they are backed into a corner very similarly. And this is not to throw shade at putin Russia. They were kind of backed into a corner. And yes, we can point blame at NATO, we can point blame at the US, we can point blame at Ukraine, but all the things fine, fine, fine, They felt so backed into a corner to where they had no other options but to take some sort of drastic action. It's not out of the realm of possibility, especially with Jijhaping having the cult of personality that he has around him. Nobody tells him no, or like, hey, sir, that doesn't sound like a good idea because blah blah blah, because he kills people that do that. That's again not even like a hypothetical, that's confirmed. So with that being said, if there was some sort of a false flag operation, or China does some thing because they feel like they're backed into a corner and if they don't do something now, then they won't have any leverage to do something ten years from now, twenty years from now, whatever. They could use that as justification to try something. I hope that doesn't happen. I really don't want to go to war with China. The last time America fought the Chinese openly was in Korea. It wasn't a good situation for anybody. The war is still currently on, you know what I mean, It's not like anybody really won that shit. So it's like, I hope that cooler heads can prevail. But with the way things are stacking up, I currently deem the CCP as a all out adversary to the United States.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so Si Ping has killed people where have you read that?
Speaker 1: Well, had them killed?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: You know what, we could pull a couple of these things up anyway, trying.
Speaker 3: To look it up right now, I got something from Politico. Some the guys have gone missing apparently.
Speaker 2: Well, we do know for a fact that the Chinese government has had secret police stations set up in America and they have bagged and tagged Chinese citizens that were here for school or for work that got a little too liberal on social media apps and things like that. And there have been multiple cases of people ending up getting arrested and sent home for this. When you talk about Xijaping, I'm trying to remember the examples.
Speaker 3: And saying a foreign and defense ministers, they've I guess gone missing. Let's see this articles from twenty twenty three and the one guy Lee Ka Chiang, a retired prime minister, had a heart attack in a swimming pool in Shanghai, and some people think that that was foul play too.
Speaker 4: It might have just been a heart attack. Though.
Speaker 3: You know, Maudza Doong had like twenty heart attacks in the last year of his life in nineteen seventy.
Speaker 4: Six, so I did not have that. It's not going into detail.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now, he was in terrible shape for his last couple of years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just I know how communist leaders keep power, and it's never because they're really good guys.
Speaker 3: Ever, uh huh, well, you know when I hear reports of, oh, somebody's you know, killed so many people. The last time I heard something like that was allegedly Kim Jong nunn had fifteen to thirty people executed because there was a flood somewhere due to heavy rain and the emergency management process didn't work right. But then I dug into it, like, okay, who were these people? And really it all just came down to rumors, no names, no confirmation.
Speaker 4: Now, maybe it happened, it's possible.
Speaker 1: But Kim John yeah.
Speaker 3: He said these stories and you know, they build on top of each other. And A said, yeah, that sounds like something he would do. But you know what if most of it or all of it's false, we just have no way of knowing.
Speaker 2: There's been multiple defects from North Korea that have come forward and said that, like, yeah, defectors, if it's discovered that you left North Korea, your brothers and sisters, your parents, and your cousins, like they go, three generations of your family all go to internment camps where they get worked to death.
Speaker 1: That's by I'm talking.
Speaker 2: I haven't heard one person come out of the North that hasn't boasted this claim. What was that one North Korean girl that was making a rounds on all the podcasts? Yon me Park, that's the one I knew. Her last name was Park. I couldn't remember the first name. Now, there are some people that have said, well, she's not telling the truth because ba ba bap, but her stories, but her stories can be verified. Yeah, some of the stories about how she ended up escaping, some of that isn't exactly lining up. But perhaps she doesn't want to tell the whole story. Maybe you know that there's like a hole in the fence. Maybe she doesn't want to bring awareness to it so we can get fixed kind of thing.
Speaker 1: I get that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: There's been a couple of escapees from China, especially is Shinjiang Province.
Speaker 4: One of them is named U.
Speaker 3: Tursun Isiah Wudu and the other ones the name is Cyra Gul Saaladbai, and they both told stories of well multiple iterations of stories where the first stories of these weiger in tournament camps sounded pretty boring, and then the second version had, uh, you know, somebody was tortured, and then the next version was their mass executions and mass rapes and you know, stuff that wasn't in their first telling of the story. So it leaves me with a lot of doubt that this stuff is real.
Speaker 2: There was that one story those Buddhist monks started just gutting the Weiger Muslims in the streets.
Speaker 1: Now that was pretty.
Speaker 2: Wild, but again that wasn't like indicative of the CCP that I could absolutely take that to be a rogue element of Buddhist monks who collectively decided.
Speaker 1: To go on their version of a jihad. You know, I get that.
Speaker 2: I don't blame Jijaping for that one, but that's that's a thing that happen. And I mean, but we also know that China actively has sweatshops, we know that they use slave labor, and I mean, I'm not saying that this. There's tons of countries that do. I mean, look at the majority of the continent of Africa, Like it's that's not a new vibe. But I also don't take Jijaping to be a good guy by any means. If you know you actively have slave labor sweatshops in your country that you're benefiting from that that reads really shit behavior to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I need to research more. So thank you for the conversation. And I don't know if I should tell you this, but I did just download that app.
Speaker 2: Like no, Tony, All right, hold on, stop what you're doing and go look into this app for what it is, who owns it, what it actually is able to do. Brother, I'm telling you you may need to delete it off of your phone before it's too late.
Speaker 4: It's yeah, I got a couple of tabs open right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I mean, and you know, you're a very analytical guy.
Speaker 2: You look at things from a very logic standpoint, and you also test the source more than most people. I will I will give to your credits. So look at this, dude. Find what you can find, and I would love to hear your first person accounts of what you find. I have my own biases on this. I understand that I am a bit clouded because of that. Sometimes on the other side of that, Jonathan has his biases and he is kind of clouded on certain things because of that. So you looking at things from the perspective that you do, I would love to hear what you find.
Speaker 3: Sure you said, look into this guy who's it Chee ching Ping or somebody else.
Speaker 2: Oh, I meant just the Red Book app or who owns it like the CCP owns it because it's Chinese owned, and like right off the top, they own sixty five percent controlling interest in any company that does anything in China.
Speaker 1: Fine, I get it. I am very.
Speaker 2: Much an enemy of communism. I've every Cuban I've ever met that has made it to America, most of them I've heard their words, not mine. When they see a person wearing a chega vera shirt, they need to be gunned down. Like they believe that if you support communism, you should be shot on site, because they saw what communism can lead to on the furthest of extremist sides of things. I know some people that are Americans born and raised in a Democratic Republic who for some reason think that communism can work. I don't understand that it's never been successfully done ever, but they sure try to push it. And I also understand that a lot of that has to do with biases, cultural, socioeconomic, and depending on which type of history book you read or which college professor got a hold to you when you were a young and impressionable twenty year old like, I get this too. Per the math, Communism has been the most detrimental set some ever devised to the human race. I heard someone say that Christianity has killed seven hundred million people since its inception, Communism has killed somewhere around one hundred and fifty million, And my argument against that one was, Okay, so Christianity has done this, and I mean, we could argue three hundred and fifty a d to now, but in reality, they didn't like consolidate and become a force until five hundred ish AD. So in fifteen hundred years, you Christianity has killed allegedly seven hundred million people in under two hundred and fifty years, Communism has killed one hundred and fifty million. That means you're like eleven times more likely to die from communism existing than you are to piss off Christians and get them on the war path. So I just to me by the numbers, Communism needs to be uprooted and abolished from the human race.
Speaker 1: That's just me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree, I agree. I hate it.
Speaker 3: I don't know exactly how much to believe it from anything in history, but you know, I do hate communism, and I believe the death toll is probably somewhere very high like that.
Speaker 2: And I mean, I get it, America has done some foul things in the past. And I'm not trying to negate that, I'm not trying to sidestep it. But you look at the amount of knowledge that we as a human race have on this earth. Right for countries to still be operating in the way that they are, not all, but the ones that are operating under some sort of a communist or proto communist regime, it tells me that they are rooted in what I would classify as pure evil and pure imprisonment of not just the human mind, but they're attempting to imprison the human soul. And I personally have an issue with that. I don't I don't think China. I know, I know, I'm very biased. I'm very biased on my opinion on this. There's a ton of people that would disagree with me vehemently and shout until they're blue in the face that communism is the way of the truth in the life. I you know, that's just going to be one of those things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think those people are malevolent. I think people in general, try to value good things and to believe in good and proper things, and they believe that whatever philosophy they latch onto is the best one on balance. And yeah, I would still agree with you that communism leads to the worst outcomes, and it leads to abject evil, and people break bad slowly. It's it seems like a good idea to start with, and then when they apply it, they've got to escalate.
Speaker 4: More and more force to enforce it, right.
Speaker 3: And they still think it's worth it breaking all those egg shells. But they didn't start off malevolent. And you still got to nip these bad ideas in the bud. And there's lots of you know, other ideas like that too, because they get attractive and people just had down the wrong path without knowing it.
Speaker 1: And I mean, we've had American politicians say the same thing. In my home state Louisiana, Huey Long, who was a very famous governor at one point in time, he was assassinated. If you look at the rhetoric he was saying, it is extremely communist in nature and borderline Hitler esque in.
Speaker 4: His very populist, very very and it.
Speaker 2: Was a chicken in every pot and he was going to just help out the poor man.
Speaker 1: And he was going to do this.
Speaker 2: My great grandmother was quoted as saying, if their last name is long, you better vote for him because they're for the poor man. And I'm like, that's not a good way of moving forward. But that was the mindset of a lot of people at that time. I mean, it's not good. But somebody decided that that rhetoric didn't need to be spouted and gunned him down.
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, I heard a podcast about it. This man, I can't remember any of the details. He's from Winnsboro or something.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I think so. It was some like BF town that most people have never heard of. But he could campaign like nobody's business. I think he made I think he went on record as making like fifty campaign or a campaign rallies in one month, like when it was time to go to the ballots, like your boy was on the road and he was talking, he was shaking hands. But he also was thrown in the insane asylum twice. He was like, he was not a stable individual. And when you look at his mannerisms, it is very indicative of an early Adolf Hitler, very very dramatic, very over the top and shouting things and using his hands and all that. It's it's it is crazy how those two line up. There was an argument to say that if he would have lived, he may have become the first US president from the state of Louisiana. And going off of how heavily he campaigned and what he was saying in the day and age he was saying it, that may have actually happened, which would have been a.
Speaker 1: Really bad thing. We almost had an American Hitler in the Helm of America at a very a very critical time in history, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well.
Speaker 3: That also reminds me kind of of the business plot, And I wonder what he would have made of that, because that was the plot that almost unseated FDR.
Speaker 4: Except Smedley Butler.
Speaker 1: The Bonus Army yet did.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. George Patton, when he.
Speaker 2: Was a captain, actually was one of the ones that fire bombed the World War One veterans on the Capitol lawn.
Speaker 4: Uh huh.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Paton, by the way, if we're talking about Nazis, he seemed to have pretty positive opinions about the Germans even after World War Two, and he really hated Russia. He wanted to go the war with Russia right away. So did Churchill. Yeah, nobody, I mean nobody else in the Western world seemed to want it any more war at that time though, and maybe it's good that we didn't.
Speaker 2: Pam was an old school soldier man. He really didn't care what the war was as long as there was a war to be fought. But his personal vendetta. He didn't hate the Nazis, he hated the Commis.
Speaker 4: Uh huh, yeah all the way.
Speaker 3: And I was reading recently Greece was almost lost to the Communists right after World War Two, and George Marshall from the US kind of wanted to let it go, but Churchill really put his foot down, and Churchill really saved Greece from communism. And I think nineteen forty seven, forty eight something like.
Speaker 2: That, Communism and fascism made their way through Europe a good bit. What was that guy in Britain He almost turned Britain into a fascist nation?
Speaker 1: Was it a Oswald Moseley?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean sounds right.
Speaker 2: He I mean they made a mention of him in a Peaky Blinders, But you could also go back and look at some of his speeches he was a homeboy to Adolf Hitler in actuality, and he was a full on fascist sympathizer and a blatant fascist.
Speaker 3: A lot of the Royal family was too. That's where what's his name, Rudolph Hess was trying to fly to England. Rudolph Hes successfully flew himself to England to meet somebody in Scotland. I guess it was Scotland. And yeah, you know, he was trying to deliver a letter to the king, and he brought a letter with him. In that letter that has been confirmed and witnessed by two other people that had existed, but the contents of that letter to this day are unknown.
Speaker 2: It makes sense that he would, Yeah, it makes sense that he would go to you know, jolly old England with that, seeing as how they are all of German descent, the Royal family that is, and how the Royal family kind of they didn't hate the Nazis. They didn't like that they were enemies and they were bomb the hell out of them. But as far as the German style of fascism, the Royals didn't, they didn't dislike it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Royal family, Yeah, they were on the fence for sure, but Yeah. One other last thing I want to say about World War Two I was reading about is that Churchill was against the Normandy invasion and its planning stages, and the reason was that he felt like it was a distraction from the more important soft underbelly of Europe. He wanted to focus British and American energy on keeping southeastern Europe like Yugoslavia, Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania, out of the hands of the Soviets or the Germans because a lot of the people there didn't like the Soviets or the Germans, and diverting to Normandy really, you know, opened that area up for the Soviets to take it, and Churchill was opposed to that.
Speaker 4: So I guess I'm on Churchill's side for this one.
Speaker 3: The Normandy invasion was actually way too risky, probably shouldn't have been done, and it really handed a lot of territory to the Soviets at the end of the war.
Speaker 1: In effect, it did.
Speaker 2: But dude, I've heard this about Churchill. I haven't looked into it much. I remember hearing a thing or two about it. If the Allied forces would have gone that route and invaded and tried to get a foothold in southern Europe and worked their way up to in the war and all that, the amount of tooth and nail fighting that it would have taken to cover that ground to get to Berlin, like the road to Berlin would have been three times as long, and god knows what the death tolls would have been.
Speaker 1: At the end of it.
Speaker 2: I understand the mindset of look Ockham's raiser this if we come into France, Germany's right there, it's a straight shot. But I'm with you. I mean, watching the opening scenes of saving Private Rhyan will show you what the true toll of that operation was. And I even understand the concept of you gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelet. Bro This was not a cracking of a few eggs. This was what was that one guy, the Beast of Normandy or the monster of Normandy. One dude is attributed to a thousand kills that morning, like before noon that day he had dropped one hundred bodies of Allied forces.
Speaker 1: That is fucking insane.
Speaker 4: Was he a machine gunner or something?
Speaker 1: He was?
Speaker 5: He was on?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Like the is it the MG forty two Hitler's budsa bus saw that that super high rate of fire machine gun that he was in the turret. Basically, he was one of the first ones to fire a shot that morning and he had to be pulled away from the gun. When the position was finally compromised, he looked around and realized all of the rounds on the ground.
Speaker 1: And if you I forget how they.
Speaker 2: Actually attributed these kills to him by himself, But he was brought back to Berlin and was they gave him parades that he wrote a book about it, all of these things. But I can't even imagine being a nineteen year old kid, twenty year old kid who got put on this beach, you know, in some turret and you know, damn good and well, nobody's about to do a beach invasion whatever. You're just sitting there smoking your morning cigarette. Next thing you know, you have killed one thousand human beings before lunch. I don't even know how you take that information in. I mean, he later on said that like he was just doing his job and like he felt remorse in all of these things, but like it was a situation where it was them or him. You know, that's how warfare goes. I get it, But like dude, that is a kid that is putting up more numbers I think arguably more than any other human being has ever done in human history.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as possible.
Speaker 3: You know, one other comment about Normandy is it really took a lot of air power and firepower and bombardment that had to be diverted from other places for about six months onto northern France and it displaced about two million French civilians in the process. So this is partly why France still harbors quite a bit of an anti American sentiment to this day. And you know, including the Iraq War period, when you know, they were kind of a black sheep of NATO that really opposed that. They're kind of famous for being kind of anti English and anti American, and that's the large reason why a lot of northern France was depopulated for those years, not so much by the Germans, but by American and British bombardment. And that was also bombardment that could have been used on German power plants probably knocked him out of the war earlier, or could have been used in southeastern Europe, but it wasn't.
Speaker 4: And you know Churchill.
Speaker 3: Churchill wanted to use it in these other places, but he was over ruled, and George Marshall, I think, was also a big pusher of the Normandy idea, so he was very powerful, and that's the way it went.
Speaker 2: I don't like how warfighting used to be done with these carpet bombing runs, where it was just we're just gonna bomb the hell out of everything. Maybe it's civilian, maybe it's not. It's just we're just opening the doors and just laying waste to whatever is down below us. That is insane, but that was also just how war was fought back then. The Luftwaffle was doing it all over the civilian population of England and we were doing it back to them, we were doing it to France. There was so many more civilians killed in the war than there were actual belligerents, which, unfortunately is how that happens in war. I would argue that only in the last few decades has that actually shifted in the opposite direction. But again, that only depends on which country you're talking about. I would say Americans in the Afghan and Iraq situation, what's classified as a civilian depends on if they did or did not have the weapon in their hand. Before they into the building or with it got murky. Same thing with the Vietnam situation. But even then there were so many examples, as a famous one of the villages being burned and it was all women and children, But there was other examples of that where it was just blatantly just mowing down people for the hell of it. And it's just I don't agree with that type of war fighting.
Speaker 1: I don't. It's uh.
Speaker 2: I think we have come a long way as far as how we do business in that realm. But yeah, again, it's not like we can negate our past, and neither can these other countries.
Speaker 1: So yeah, history's messy, man.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 2: Although with the Normandy situation, there were supposed to be tanks. This dude built whole flotation device as to where the tanks would have come on shore, and that would have made the whole Normandy beach landing an entirely different conversation. But logistical errors happened and this person dropped the ball, and this weather condition or whatever. You could pass the bus to whatever blame you want, but at that point, the element of surprise was gone. Once you realize that day that the tanks can't get to shore. But if we leave, they now know we're going to do a beach invasion. You're kind of forced to do what you gotta do. Thankfully, they had enough ment on the boats to accomplish the task and gain a foothold, But again, like at what cost?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: One thing my dad asked, and I've never gotten a great answer to this, was why didn't they just do it at night, like eleven PM or something when it's dark. That would have given us a bigger advantage.
Speaker 4: But I don't know they did at like six am.
Speaker 8: I guess yeah, because more people would have drowned maybe, or the drivers of those boats wouldn't have been able to see if they had hit their actual drop zones.
Speaker 1: We I actually looked this up.
Speaker 2: The very first night vision goggles quote unquote was actually developed during World War Two. But this thing looked like a massive flashlight on the bottom of like a in one And the god was it was like basically a forty pound attachment that this dude had to use to do anything with it. And it was like, I guarantee this guy got cancer from using it. Like, you know, it was not good. It only had a range of like fifty feet or something. Like that now for behind enemy line situations where stealth is key, sure, but it was still in the very early prototype stages. That would have meant that they would have had to use flares, They would have had to use uh, you know, something to light up the night sky, and I feel like that would have made them equally as targeted.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know what the.
Speaker 2: What thought process was on that, for sure. It's interesting to look at though, for sure. I mean again, it was messy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were gonna end like twenty or thirty minutes ago, and when then we started talking about Normandy and stuff.
Speaker 1: I mean, I do.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty much out of stuff.
Speaker 1: That's cool. That's cool.
Speaker 2: And let me know what you find out about this red book app dude, as we as we wrap this up, I would love to hear what you find on it, whether that's on the Cult to Conspiracy Live or on the next Cajun Night Live that we do.
Speaker 1: Either way, we'd love to hear your two cents on this.
Speaker 2: Uh, Raven Lee, if you have anything you would like to add into the conversation, please do.
Speaker 7: I was reading AI while you guys were talking about all of this. I was reading about AI stuff. I do actually really like, like the normandy and stuff like that. Like I was really big into it. My dad was big into watching historical stuff and whatnot. But I'll be honest, it's not I like specific history time periods, so I like more hubbed to certain time periods. But yeah, I was reading about AI and about psychedelics and things that they're passing and things that they're doing and predicting for this year, and that's what I was kind of reading. I didn't know what you guys were, where you guys were heading with this whole thing, So.
Speaker 1: No, you're cool.
Speaker 2: I will say, as far as the stereotypical middle aged man conversation goes, it seems like you pick a time period you just dive into. For a lot of dudes, it's the Roman Empire, and for other dudes it's World War Two. That that seems to be the two big ones that dudes just go to all the time.
Speaker 7: So I get one hundred percent. I feel like men are very specific in their time periods of when they like things, So I mean I like different I like different time periods. I'm just like, I'll let them talk, you know, I'm listening to you all in your conversation, but I was also reading about AI stuff because I was curious to see what things are happening. A whole bunch of stuff has been pushed out in the last few days, So.
Speaker 1: M interesting things you want to bring up.
Speaker 7: Or or it's just about talking about the exciting developments around the corner quote unquote the generation AI bubble that they're talking about, like they're just trying to push a lot of AI interaction this year. That's like seems to be the big thing is that there is a lot of speculation about AI. They're trying to push the green and responsible AI movement because the AI plants are using so much energy that now people are pushing back against them. So, you know, with them taking over three mile and them trying to build the big AI thing here in Louisiana, there is a lot of conversation about is it actually going to be ethical? Is it going to be sustainable? Is it going to be environmental friendly? And there's a lot of stuff about AI and machine learning. They're trying to figure out how to teach AI to do different things, and a lot of ethical debates are being had, like China is putting a stop to a lot of stuff. That's China and the EU are putting a stop to a lot of different programs with AI because they're feeling like they're feeling the pressure quote unquote from people. It's unethical that they are taking away jobs that they're trying to implement AI in many different areas that really it's gonna hinder humans more than it's gonna help humans. It's just a lot of information about how like what they're trying to plan on using this for. But also they're like dead set on pushing forward with integrating AI one hundred percent into our everyday lives and that these bots and these robots they really are pushing to be able to be more available and for everyday citizens to start using all the time. So that's kind of lots of different fronts, lots of different science stuff happened. The quantum thing is really still one hundred percent going strong the quantum field, and there's a lot of ethics being talked about there is like how far is too far? Just like with the mere bacteria, like we talked about up they're trying to make they're trying to have AI actually be able to counteract like different poisons and proteins and make their own bacteria, make their own antigens against like spitting spitting frogs or this type of dart frog that's really poisonous. They're trying to make. The AI is trying to combat the poison and make an antigen itself. So pretty much what they talked about in the mirror bacteria of not hey don't maybe we shouldn't like keep trying to play god. They're still trying to play god, but finding in a different way to do it.
Speaker 2: So I like that that dude on Instagram when they were like, are the humans going to stop production? Like they're humans? No, Like that's yep, one hundred percent. And okay, hold on. So I remember they were talking about building a Tesla battery manufacturing facility in Louisiana. They are also trying to build an AI uh thing in Louisiana.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's a pair an AI thing that they're trying to build as well. Because you have to remember Gates owns the most land here. Yeah, he does in Louisiana, and so they there is talks quote unquote of potentially putting an AI facility here. So it's there, you know, cause three miles being taken over. So that's going to be a whole thing. But it's more or less of they're really trying to figure out how to win the public over with AI, and that's that's the big thing, because like chat GBT is like huge they're making you know a lot of people love it. Well, they saw a rise from thirty two percent and twenty twenty three of businesses using some some type of AI to seventy two percent in twenty twenty four. So their goal is really to integrate AI almost one hundred percent completely in the workplace in businesses globally. Now what that looks like is that meaning that everyone's losing their jobs? Does that mean that they're no longer going to freely think, they're not going to learn how to like actually do anything for themselves? Like, I'm not sure to what end that they're trying to push it for.
Speaker 1: I just want a BUCkies? Can we get a BUCkies in Louisiana?
Speaker 2: No, we have to worry about TESLA facilities and AI facilities and all this other.
Speaker 1: Wild man, I got one.
Speaker 3: Other fun thing, you know, a thing or two about cane sugar. Well I was trying to help my son do this home science experiment where we make rat candy. Yeah, and it didn't work because I guess I didn't make it concentrated enough. There's like two cups of sugar to one cup of water. Anyway, it didn't work, but I didn't want to just throw it away, so I diluted it up to about a gallon and through some yeast in it. And so now we're making some sugarcane ale. They go, I'll let you know how it turns out. So far, you know it's working. It's just the yeast's bubbling. I'll let you know how it works out.
Speaker 1: Do you use regular white sugar? Do you use like raw sugar?
Speaker 3: It was cane sugar. It was a little tiny bit brown, somewhere between brown sugar and white sugar.
Speaker 4: Okay, crystals.
Speaker 2: I will be very curious how that comes out. Also very interested on the taste. I'm wondering that's gonna have more of a rum flavor, if it's gonna have more of like an agricole flavor, which God, that is some of the harshest liquor I've ever experienced.
Speaker 1: In my life. But yeah, definitely letting let me know what that's about for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll do.
Speaker 1: And Raven, the more you.
Speaker 2: Find out about these AI facilities, they are being built, especially with the way this technology is advancing in this country, and like you said, they're already trying to take over nuclear power facilities to power all of it. Bill Gates, being the number one owner of land in this state, I am also very curious to see how this shakes out, So keep us in the loop on that. And with that, I think we are going to wrap up this Cajun Night Live. I want to thank everybody for coming out tonight and for anybody listening to this on the Cult of Conspiracy the following day.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 2: If you would like to join in this conversation, if you would like to have these types of conversations with all of us, please join in.
Speaker 1: Go to the Cajun Night on Patreon.
Speaker 2: Give me all the subscribes and the follows and all the things and the stuff, and I cannot wait to have this conversation go even deeper next Wednesday Night. With that being said, thank y'all for coming and God bless we'll see yall next week.