Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped, you need advice so you don't have.
Speaker 2: Come running.
Speaker 1: Just as fast as we can, Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 3: Man, This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martine.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm Tom Martino. Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk three O three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 5: As you'll see here.
Speaker 4: I if you're streaming the show, I have Stephanie with me, Stephanie Thomas, who is a real estate I broke from the Pike's Peak area and Frank durand the real estate man's on his way and we're gonna talk a little bit about real estate.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 4: Conventionally, I believe I believe this is a slower time if you're I'm not positive of that, but Stephanie, in general, November and December a little slower because people are waiting for the holidays.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we kind of shift in the traditional market where people start thinking about holidays and family and all of that kind of thing. You see showings kind of slowed down. You see activities slow down, but the buyers that tend to be in the market tend to be serious, like I gotta move type down.
Speaker 7: Christ.
Speaker 4: But in general, even though it's the holidays. It's even a little slower than normal.
Speaker 8: I think it is.
Speaker 6: I think we still have a lot of things, you know, that are our interest rates are still floating in the sixes.
Speaker 8: And of course I can't quote you think people.
Speaker 5: Are waiting thinking maybe things will get better.
Speaker 8: I do think we're going to see some of that.
Speaker 6: I think people are waiting to see what happens, you know, new administration, all of that.
Speaker 4: So we're going to talk about days on market and selling stuff in the Pike's Peak area in the Denver area, buying stuff opportunities. But first, I'm going to go to the phones, as I always do first, and Kathy's got a roofing issue.
Speaker 5: Hey, Kathy, by the way, is Mark up.
Speaker 4: And let me just check here if he's on. I'm not sure if he's up, I don't think so okay, Yeah, I don't see his cam. Okay, So anyway, let's just go to the phones and let's talk. So, Kathy, what is happening with you?
Speaker 9: Hi?
Speaker 10: Tom, Hi, Kathy?
Speaker 5: What's happening?
Speaker 9: So I'm the.
Speaker 10: First time homeowner, and you know, I don't know how everything works. I just want to know if I have, like a good case here or now?
Speaker 5: Is this a new home or a used home?
Speaker 11: It is a used home.
Speaker 10: It is built from nineteen sixty.
Speaker 4: Five, and it was built in nineteen sixty five. And you bought it from someone selling it or was it vacant as they were selling it, I believe, and they were living in it up till they sold it.
Speaker 10: Yes, but I've lived in my home for like the last three years now.
Speaker 5: Oh so you've been there for three years?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 5: Okay, So what's going on? What can we help you with? Yeah?
Speaker 10: So you know, we had a hail storm and all that good stuff. I filed a claim and you know, the adjusters came out, they wrote me a check and everything, and basically it's my roof. And then I have like a little like side area, like a side patio with a metal roof. And the issue that I'm having is with the metal roof section.
Speaker 5: So what's the issue?
Speaker 10: The issue is the way they installed it.
Speaker 4: So and did they install that? How long ago did they install it?
Speaker 5: Do you know?
Speaker 10: They installed it back in April, so I have like a little timeline there, so you know, back in April of nineteen they came and installed the roof and then one week later, on the twenty ninth, you know, it rained a little, and we.
Speaker 4: Just we started knowing, No, you didn't have this done. This is the previous owner. Previous owner had had the metal roof done in April of twenty nineteen.
Speaker 10: No, no, they I don't know when they had this like metal roof done. The metal roof was already there when I moved in.
Speaker 4: So then what's April of twenty nineteen. What's April twenty nineteen.
Speaker 10: Not April twenty nineteen, but this upcoming April nineteenth.
Speaker 5: So oh, I'm sorry, okay, keep going.
Speaker 10: Nineteen. Yeah, April nineteenth, we had this team come and install like new metal roofs because the damage due to the hail.
Speaker 5: I get it.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, Okay, on April nineteenth, you had a new that you okay, So keep going.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry.
Speaker 10: No, no, that's okay. So they came in installed this new metal roof along with my other routine. They just installed everything, and then on April twenty ninth, one week later, it started to rain and I just noticed there was rain drops coming down like in between the metal sheets. You know, so previously I.
Speaker 4: Didn't now when you say in between the metal sheets. How could you see that? Where's this metal roof? Is it over a garage?
Speaker 10: It is where my like I have like a small little like patio out front. So it just basically this metal roof just kind of covers the patio.
Speaker 5: I got it, Okay, over the patio.
Speaker 4: So when you're underneath it, you looked up and saw water coming between the sheets where.
Speaker 10: Water was just dripping in between the sheets.
Speaker 5: Got it?
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, so it was dripping, and I'm like, you know, we didn't have this problem before they replace replace the.
Speaker 5: How bad was it dripping? How bad was it dripping?
Speaker 10: Very minimal like it was there was just small little drip, you know, like okay, but water was still just flipping through and with the roofs, you know, So then what especially if we didn't have that issue. So we called them again. We're like, hey, you know, we noticed this, can you come and fix it?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 10: So they're like, sure, we'll come and fix it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I mean it was only a week old, right.
Speaker 10: Exactly won't a week old?
Speaker 13: And so.
Speaker 10: You know, yeah, we told them that they needed to fix it. And then not only that, like we actually talked to our guy. We were like, hey, you know we kind of have like little concerns about the structures. I don't know what they did, but they must have. The way that they installed it, like there was like some sort of like ship, Like we can see scrapes of our where our old gutter used to be. I don't know how to explain it, but like there was they changed some sort of structure, you know, because we have like scrapings and I wish I could show you guys videos. We took pictures of all this, but like we just told them, we think that they kind of changed the structure a little, like they must have had to lower it down to put like the new roof on, and water was getting trapped in and we believe that's why water was dripping.
Speaker 4: Okay, really, what matters is this The roof shouldn't be leaking. Let's just simplify it.
Speaker 5: So what do they say they're going to do.
Speaker 10: So they said that they would come in fix it again. So a month later they came back to fix it, and we're like, okay, cool. Then in July, so this is two months later, it rained again and.
Speaker 4: Water was into so wait, so they said they fixed it, but it happened again.
Speaker 10: It happened again, and now it's even worse, it's even uglier, Like.
Speaker 5: How did they when they came to fix it? What did they do?
Speaker 10: They just uninstalled it, so like they removed the metal sheets off and it looks like they just replaced it again or I don't know if they're replaced it. I didn't wash process, but it looks.
Speaker 5: Like all right, hold on a second, Hold on a second.
Speaker 4: I think I want to get I want to get our roofing expert on someone from Excel Roofing, because I have some mind, I have some questions. So Kathy, I'm going to put you on hold Kaschina, let's try to get Excel either Jay or Henry. I have a quick question on that because I.
Speaker 5: Have a feeling.
Speaker 4: I have a feeling I know what's going on. I'm not positive, but I think I know what's going on. So just hang in there now, Mark, are you connected?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Yah?
Speaker 5: Yah? Are you on your camera? No? Not yet, I got to get that out. Give me a few all right.
Speaker 4: I want you to listen to this one though, coming up about an RV. Like I said, we both are r V ers, and but this you're more recent than I am. Dave has an RV refrigerator issue. Go ahead, Dave, what's going on?
Speaker 13: Hey?
Speaker 14: Good morning, morning, Hey Dave, I was working on my own RV runs on electric in LP, and how old is your RV?
Speaker 5: What kind is it?
Speaker 14: To Winnebago twenty twelve, thirty five plots?
Speaker 5: Okay? Got it? Okay, so keep going.
Speaker 14: Dual sourced powered electric?
Speaker 11: Got it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Well, occasionally, you know, the.
Speaker 14: LP pilot light wouldn't light. So being a handyman, I go out undo the tube and I use a compressor to blow out any cob webs.
Speaker 11: Apparently when I rehooked it up, I must.
Speaker 14: Created a leak, fired the thing back up, literally fired up and burned up by refrigerator.
Speaker 5: So my question now, what exactly hold on?
Speaker 13: What was leaking to the.
Speaker 14: Feed hose from the propane line wasn't tight enough and.
Speaker 5: It was leaking. And when you say it burned up, was it there literally a fire?
Speaker 13: Oh? Yeah? Oh yeah? Is close.
Speaker 5: So when you turned it on, when you turned it on, I mean there was a fire literally.
Speaker 14: Ye oh yeah, flames blowing up, it was building.
Speaker 5: Did it hurt anything else or just the refrigerator, just the refrigerator? Wow, only belase.
Speaker 13: I was that close.
Speaker 14: I mean I were lucky inside the Oh yeah, I mean.
Speaker 5: You So what can we do? What can we do for you? Now?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 5: What's going on?
Speaker 14: I'm just wondering is that going to be covered by insurance? I had an adjust throughout yesterday.
Speaker 5: What do you think, Mark?
Speaker 4: He was working on it and and it was loose, and he started, I think it would be.
Speaker 15: I don't know why it wouldn't be, as long as you have coverage for that.
Speaker 16: Well, I'm what I would call fully covered.
Speaker 14: I haven't looked at the.
Speaker 15: Well, who's your insurance company for it?
Speaker 5: Who is it? Is it progressive?
Speaker 14: Who is its progressive? Yeah?
Speaker 15: I would think that's covered. But you know what, Brian over it. It's not our policy. Let's get Brian on he he knows about that progressive policy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So hold on, we're gonna, we're gonna, we're gonna load up with experts today. So let's get uh, let's get compass on that one. I'm making some call notes here. Hold on, all right, bro, I'm Tom Martine. Kevin's coming up next. I'm gonna take excel roofing after the break as well. Plus we have Frank durand the real Estate Man and Stephanie Thomas.
Speaker 5: She'll be on and he'll be on talking about real estate.
Speaker 4: A lot of people are wondering if they should wait to put their house on the market or should they do it now?
Speaker 5: Does it hurt to be on the market and not sell.
Speaker 4: We'll talk about all of that coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 5: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino here and I welcome you to the show three oh three seven on three Talk seven one three eight two five five. I want to go to uh Henry, I believe it's Henry. Uh Yeah, Henry at Excel Roofing for Kathy. Kathy had a metal roof put on over her patio when she had her roof replaced for hail damage, and she said she noticed water coming down, you know, because it's an open patio underneath, and she noticed water dripping. They tried to fix it, and it got worse. They actually took it off and reinstalled it. Now, Kathy, is.
Speaker 5: This roof like metal panels like four by eight panels or are they individual strips? How is this metal roof put on? Do you know?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 10: It is a panel? I think maybe I want to say, maybe it's like three like panel like linked wise?
Speaker 5: And did they come did it come pre pre colored?
Speaker 10: Yeah? I can't remember what color?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay?
Speaker 4: So and then and I want to ask another question. Did they screw it into the wood slats above your patio?
Speaker 10: I don't know about that because I can you.
Speaker 4: See when you look up at it, do you see screwholes? Do you see screws or nails? You don't see nails or screws.
Speaker 10: Do you I don't believe I see nails and screws, But I could see like gaps. Let me just think I can pull up that picture.
Speaker 5: You actually see gaps? When you look you can see sky or a light.
Speaker 10: I couldn't see sky, but I could see like light kind of shining through it. If that makes.
Speaker 13: Sense, doesn't make clarify panels?
Speaker 5: Henry? What Henry, just.
Speaker 9: To clarify, you're seeing that light in between the panels?
Speaker 4: Correct, Hey, Henry, I wanted to ask you something. Aren't metal roofs usually put over some kind of decking with a waterproof you know? Isn't it kind of like regular roofing where you put it over you know, what do you call tarpaper or whatever that paper is you put down or the roofing sheathing over a decking or is it usually put straight like that?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Absolutely, So the standard in the code is to have either like an OSB or some sort of decking wood, and then you put your underlayment on top of that, and you put your ice and water shield down, and then your roofing material. So there are those three layers.
Speaker 4: So even if, and it's not uncommon then to have a little water, but it would flow down, right.
Speaker 5: Isn't that just the way it works?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, absolutely. It sounds to me like this is some sort of like corrugated or something. So I guess that's a good question for her. Is this something that's a little more wavy or these like strong lines, you remember what they? Is it?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: So is it wavy like every four inches or every six inches?
Speaker 5: I bet it's like your hangar tom trying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, ridge, there are ridges on the roof if you step back, see these roofs aren't meant to be water tight. Well they kind of are. They kind of are, but it's hard. So it was a regular shedding roof, and they replaced it exactly the way it was on there. You didn't have wood or anything underneath that metal.
Speaker 10: Right, That is correct? I did not.
Speaker 5: They replaced it exactly the way it was, Is that right?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 10: Yeah? So there like how it was. My only concern was I never had leaks?
Speaker 5: You never had a leak before?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I've had I've had a roof like that put on my barn where all though I think I had sheathing on my barn mark?
Speaker 5: Do you have sheathing under yours?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 5: I don't think so.
Speaker 15: Honestly, I don't know how my metal building is. I just don't know. When you look up at the metal, I'm just wondering. I can't look up at it because I've got it.
Speaker 5: It's insulated. Oh oh oh, oh, hey.
Speaker 4: Henry, Yep, the roof should be shedding water though it shouldn't be. It should have never actually sat there and for water to drip through, should it.
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Absolutely So anything that seep slope, so like a metal roof like this should be draining the water properly. And I had another question for is there any kind of decking underneath.
Speaker 5: This or can you see the bounce? There's not. She said it's metal. She can look up and see the metal.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so if it's if it's involved properly and it's overlapping, it should drain about ninety nine percent of that water off the top. But then usually we have that synthetic ice in water or underlaying it on the backside to make sure that none of it drips. And so if it is going to be exposed like that and it's not going to have any decking or ice and water shield, you know, any anything like that, it might drip a little bit, but it shouldn't.
Speaker 5: And if you are seeing.
Speaker 10: Gaps on that's a that's a.
Speaker 9: Big red flag. That shouldn't be exposing any sunlight from the bottom.
Speaker 4: Now what do they say about it when you call Kathy, what do they say about it?
Speaker 10: So when I told him about it, then they started blaming it on the structure.
Speaker 4: Wow, come on, did you tell them I never had a leak before.
Speaker 10: I did tell them that, but they just kept insisting it as a structure. But here's the thing. Then we noticed there was a dent, like a dent on the side of like the structure.
Speaker 4: And so, what do you mean a dent on the side of the structure? What side your house or the patio?
Speaker 10: It's still the patio.
Speaker 5: So it does a patio have walls?
Speaker 10: It does not. I don't know how to explain it. It has The patio is metal. So, but the side rails on the side of the patio, there was a dent like it started to dent.
Speaker 5: Could you take some pictures for us? Can you send us some pictures.
Speaker 10: Too, Yes, because I want to really show it to you.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, that's okay. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 4: If you can take some pictures and send it to us, we'll send them to Henry.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, what part of town are you and Kathy?
Speaker 10: I am in Colorado Springs.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, well you guys that they have an off out there. Yeah, yeah, yeah, but I mean, Henry's not going to run down there is what I meant, not today, So take us some pictures. We do have people down there though, so hang on. I want to see some pictures, and then we will get you back up and I'll show the picture on the air and Henry can.
Speaker 5: Look at it as well. And let's just see what we're looking at.
Speaker 4: It's hard for me to visualize what you're talking about. Idea, okay, so just hang on though, let's get a picture. I want to I want to go to Brian Burns with Excel excuse me, with the Insurance Healthcenter dot com, which is Compass Insurance Group. They do free insurance checkups. So we have that website, the Insurance Helpcenter dot com three oh three, nine ninety six, nine thousand. We had a question, Hey, Brian, he's got an RV. Dave's got an RV and and uh, it is a propane refrigerator along you know, it's a dual electric propane like most of them. He was working on it and when he turned it on, he probably said he says, he probably didn't have it tight enough the propane line, and it started a fire and ruined the refrigerator. Luckily, he confined he was able to turn it off immediately and confine the damage to the refrigerator. Would his Progressive and Aran's policy cover that if it was stupidity? I don't mean that by the way, Dave, I'm sorry, I shouldn't use that word. If it was owner caused by mistake.
Speaker 16: Yeah, even if you make a mistake, if you if it's an accident or whatever it is, you still have coverage for that kind of loss. You're just not covered if that they did to be intentional, which obviously is not a case here. But uh, that's that's where it can get where there's no coverage, is if it deemed something to be an intentional lost. But just mistakes, you know, even if they are are ones that you maybe you should know better or whatever, those still can be covered underneath the policy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 15: That's the whole purpose of getting insured, right right right?
Speaker 16: Yeah, people, I've had losses that you wouldn't believe they still covered where you would you would. I had someone start a fire by trying to light a cigarette with a broken toaster and it burned their whole house and nice.
Speaker 5: Now I want to ask you something, what's your deductible.
Speaker 13: Dave, Well, I.
Speaker 14: Thought it was a thousand, but then when I looked up my policy, it's actually two fifty.
Speaker 5: Man, is that crazy? You should change that? But now that it is too fairy, how much is this whole thing going to cost a fix?
Speaker 14: Seven thousand dollars?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well it's worth a claim, isn't it. Is he going to get arged on this line?
Speaker 16: No, that's a comprehensive loss, so I wouldn't even worry about it.
Speaker 5: Yep, I put in the claim. Dave got to fifty.
Speaker 10: He said deductible was adjuster out.
Speaker 14: I had the adjuster out yesterday, and he kind of indicated, He goes, I just want to prepare you. He goes, I don't think this is going to be covered, and I said why wouldn't it be? And we kind of talked back and pay.
Speaker 5: Wait wait, wait right? Why yeah, why wouldn't it be?
Speaker 14: He kind of was alluding to, well, if you work on your own car and you put your oil filter in wrong and it drained out, you ruined your engine.
Speaker 10: That wouldn't be covered.
Speaker 14: Quiet, but yeah, this is a this isn't oil.
Speaker 5: This was a fire, and yeah it was.
Speaker 16: This is a fire. That's a different circumstance. Yeah, let's see what happens if they give you a denial letter, you know, give me a call or fax over or send it over to me, Email it over to me, just so I can take a look and we'll see if there's anything we can do.
Speaker 5: Out of curiosity.
Speaker 4: Out of curiosity, what are you paying a year for insurance on that?
Speaker 11: I think it's twelve hundred bucks.
Speaker 5: And what's the value of.
Speaker 14: Yourv Oh, it's probably seventy five thousand.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, you might want to consider a higher deductible, but in this case, it did you well, I gotta I gotta take a break.
Speaker 5: Three oh three seven one three talk. By the way, Compass.
Speaker 4: Insurance for those check ups zero three nine nine six nine thousand. That's zero three nine nine six nine thousand. Genesis Total Exteriors can help you with your storm damage all on one invoice if you're still waiting for storm damage to be fixed, or they turn their attention to inside as the weather gets colder. They can do kitchens, bathrooms, basements. Genesis Tootalexteriors dot Com go with a sure thing Denver's Best Rufer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: Hi Tom, I'm Martino here.
Speaker 4: Three three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 5: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: By the way, let's just say hi to Frank Durandi Realestateman dot com. He he joins us with Stephanie Thomas. And then we got Marky Mark on the lower here. I got him up now, so the gang's all here, Mark, So Frank. Average time on market, hold on, let me get the mics on.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, sir, sure.
Speaker 2: So the median days we're seeing it twenty six days, average days over thirty. I don't have the exact number, but I know one thing we've been seeing is more inventory hitting the market, no more buyers buying. We're sitting around three point six months in inventory tom and it's about twenty eight days on yeah, median. But I would say this too. I would say this too. I saw a lot of people kind of holding off wait and to see about elections.
Speaker 5: I happens every time. That happens every time.
Speaker 2: But I tell you this, it's gonna be very interesting to see what happens after the first of the year. The FEDS are talking about gradually dropping rates throughout the year. I personally think we're going to see a nice uptick in the market going into March April May. This last year, we hit our peak in April time. We usually hit it in June. I think we'll see a better market come down the stretch in twenty five.
Speaker 4: Okay, Stephanie Thomas from the Springs area, your average time on.
Speaker 6: So I pulled some stats this morning on our active properties. That way we could see what the actual days on market are for those and my single families in Colorao Springs, I'm at eighty two days on market.
Speaker 5: Wow, So it's quite a bit slower.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, And the condo town home patio homes, I'm at ninety six there. So we're definitely seeing things slow down and.
Speaker 15: Those are numbers in both areas, right, guys. In other words, Stephanie, that's not just your numbers compared to Franks, that's Colorado Springs compared to Denver.
Speaker 8: Correct, that is Colorado Springs.
Speaker 5: Why is it there?
Speaker 15: Only my god, I mean, I'm like smacking between both of them.
Speaker 5: How are they so different like that? I don't get it.
Speaker 6: You know, if I pull the car Report, which shows from some sold properties year over year, the numbers are different. So I actually went and looked at everything currently active on the market and pulled what those average days are, so just to kind of indicate the most current activity we're seeing.
Speaker 4: Okay, so basically this time of year is always slower, but it's even slower than slower.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we see that seasonal dip between the holidays, Tom.
Speaker 2: But you know, at the same token, I'm finding its price point to price point, area to area. Because I had a couple of million dollar properties. We had moved those within about a week, had strong demand on them. The condo market's been a lot tougher, and those are lower price.
Speaker 4: Well, I think people are hearing about all the nightmares with insurance and and appraisal not appraisal, Yeah, assessments I meant and all of that that that listen, living like this is going to be a nightmare soon, you know they have I don't know what to say. People are thinking, I don't want to make assessments. I don't want to have high dues. You're gonna have one or the other.
Speaker 5: You're gonna have.
Speaker 15: What are the people paying for that mortgage?
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 15: What is the interest rate at guys?
Speaker 2: Well, I just spoke to Craig this morning, and I'll tell you what we're seeing. The conventional it was it was pushing around seven now around six and three quarters FHAVA low six.
Speaker 5: Is at this point. So it's been a little back and forth.
Speaker 4: Friends, Kevin wants to talk about terminating from a job. Never a pleasant conversation. Kevin, what's going on with you, sir? What's what can we do? I hope we can help you, man.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so I let go about two weeks ago. There's two tests that happened.
Speaker 5: Were you fired or laid off? Or is there a difference? Fired five weeks ago? Was it without cause?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 12: They gave me a choice. They gave me a choice to either retire or be fired, and I chose to just go ahead and be fired.
Speaker 5: Why why did you try to do that route?
Speaker 12: Because I could collect unemployment? Oh okay, and and then plus might find you.
Speaker 5: By the way, what do you mean, how old are you for retiring?
Speaker 12: I'm I'm fifty five.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: So so they gave you a choice and you said, just fire me. Did they give you a reason? Yeah?
Speaker 12: There's two tests that have to be passed. One test is ThReD percent has to be one hundred percent. Second one has to be ninety.
Speaker 5: And what kind of test? What work? What work do you do?
Speaker 13: It's with the white rail, okay?
Speaker 5: And what kind of test is it? Like you, what do you have to do?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 12: So the first test it has to be done with flagging trains and stuff like that.
Speaker 10: That one has to be passed with a hundred tents.
Speaker 18: And so that test there is an individual I was I was waiting, and they scored the test and one individual missed one and he gave him an opportunity.
Speaker 12: To change the the answer, and so we took the second test.
Speaker 5: You were actually saying you actually saw this.
Speaker 12: Yes, I actually saw it. And so the second test we took and I didn't pass.
Speaker 10: And the second test.
Speaker 12: Has to do more with t which is pretty much all the alignment. And I didn't pass that when I got eighty nine, and I didn't know he let us review it, but I didn't actually bring my glasses, so I didn't I wasn't able to look at was just like the red marks.
Speaker 13: Okay, so he took.
Speaker 12: So then he took the test, or he took the test from us, and I had to return like two weeks later to sign off on some of the paperwork that has to be signed off on. So I signed off on that, and he said, oh, by the way, you didn't pass the test, you had to retake the test, and so I wasn't prepared. I didn't have my glasses with it because the first time I didn't take my glasses too, just because.
Speaker 5: The fact that, so where do we stand? So you were fired, but it was for not passing the test. So what are you calling about? What can we do for you?
Speaker 12: Well, the first person was able to change his answer. Why wasn't I given that ability to change one answer, or at least at that time when I didn't pass, least be notified.
Speaker 5: Was it only?
Speaker 4: Okay, let's make sure we're comparing apples with apples. You both missed one question on the same test.
Speaker 5: No, well there's your answer. Okay, Bye, I'm sorry.
Speaker 15: That was like a riddle. The guy was telling you a riddle.
Speaker 4: I mean, if they didn't both they I don't even know if they both missed this, you know, not the same but one. But he said no, so I don't understand what he was talking about. If he missed more than one, there's the reason.
Speaker 5: I'm not so sure it even matters.
Speaker 15: I mean, if I'm speeding and the guy next to me is speeding, and I get a ticket and the other guy, my defense is not the other guy didn't get a ticket.
Speaker 5: Although I would.
Speaker 4: Say, though, if you were taking a test, let's say, and you both got one wrong and the other guy was given an opportunity and you weren't, Even though there.
Speaker 5: Might not be a law to point to, that just seems weird to me. Yeah, but there could be more to it. We don't know.
Speaker 15: Yeah, that's true. It would be a different question. I mean, his question could have been, if a train's coming, should I move out of the way?
Speaker 5: Bill, do you have what is the issue with a divorce? Bill?
Speaker 13: Well, my wife took everything and she got six hundred and sixty six thousand.
Speaker 4: And Okay, hold on, then hold on. The real important question is this, did she get remarried?
Speaker 5: I'm just kidding.
Speaker 4: Hold on a second. I don't mean to joke with you. Bill, Hang on and we'll come back and talk to you about it. I don't know how that happens. Six hundred and sixty six thousand dollars and you got nothing?
Speaker 5: Is that what you're saying? Bill? Now, we'll talk to him right after this.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: Tom Martine here, let's talk to Bill.
Speaker 4: Bill, you have an issue with a divorce. What you say is that your wife got everything. So how long ago was this divorce?
Speaker 5: Bill?
Speaker 4: Make Camp okay, and how much total was your estate worth? I mean you and your wife put together? What what was your total net worth?
Speaker 13: My wife member did nothing?
Speaker 4: She is no, no, no, I'm not asking if she I'm not asking if she did nothing or not? Go with a sure thing Denver Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 5: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Please time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, RiPP, you need that so you don't have.
Speaker 5: Come run instant as we can. Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hey.
Speaker 4: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show that are brought to you by Waterpros dot net. The best water systems at the lowest prices this time of year.
Speaker 5: It's only going through the end of the year.
Speaker 4: Both water softening for the whole house and not just water softening, but you get the drinking water, triple filter reverse osmosis, and both of those are thirty one, ninety five, three and ninety five. And I look at plumbers are selling systems that supposedly do this for twelve grand and more.
Speaker 5: Now you know water pros. Of course they are plumbers.
Speaker 4: But I got to tell you, man, this is the best price I've ever seen on this kind of water system. Three oh three, eight six, two five, five five four Frank durand the real estate man's with us, Stephanie Thomas, also Stephanie re dot com or Frank durand there estate man dot com. We were talking real estate and I'm going to go to the phones, but I have a quick question from someone. And they said, if now that the commission structures have changed, and I'm not so sure they changed.
Speaker 5: All the law said was you.
Speaker 4: Can't have fixed commissions and they have to be negotiable. And as to who pays and how much they pay? Is that bottom line is that what they did.
Speaker 5: Tom, You got it right.
Speaker 2: In fact, the funny part is Colorado has always been transparent. That happened in Saint Louis where I think if, in my opinion, if they would have used contracts the way we do out here, I don't think that would ever happen.
Speaker 4: And I think it's funny anyway, because if a seller knows they're going to have to pay commission, or a buyer knows they're going to have to pay a commission of some kind, if they do, they're going to account for it in their budget.
Speaker 5: It's not like they manufacture extra money.
Speaker 6: Right, And like Frank said, it is very clear on our contract it's.
Speaker 5: Split, but it doesn't have to be slit.
Speaker 6: No, no, But commissions have always been negotiable.
Speaker 8: That's the misconception.
Speaker 6: It's always been negotiable between your agent and the Now.
Speaker 4: That wasn't the question for the text. I just that was a preface for me to understand the question. The person wants to know if they go to somebody who both sells their house and helps him buy one, do they get a break? And as you said, it's always negotiable.
Speaker 5: Correct, Yeah, that's just case by case, Tom, Really.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I mean, if you're gonna do both for somebody, obviously you want to treat him right, right, Absolutely, Okay. Now, Bill said he was married forty five years, he got a divorce, had to sell his farm, and his wife got mostly everything. Bill, I want to ask a couple questions. Now, you were married for forty five years and your wife did you have any kids during that time?
Speaker 5: Bill?
Speaker 13: Two? One is me mine? Maybe neither one? Blount the next con.
Speaker 4: Okay, hold on, So your wife stepped out on you during the forty five.
Speaker 13: Years many times, and so she filed.
Speaker 5: For divorce or did you file for divorce? Bill?
Speaker 13: She filed. I didn't know anything about it. I got a phone call one day. The guy wanted to know where I was at to serve me and my pay.
Speaker 4: Okay, you had no idea, now, but you guys were living together at the time.
Speaker 13: Of course, I built the house, I built the shop, I bought the farm. That's all paid for.
Speaker 4: Now, okay, So you had to sell it and this was this.
Speaker 5: Was in May.
Speaker 13: I still the farms in my name. She's trying to get it in her name so she can sell it care Okay.
Speaker 4: So actually, then no money, no money has actually been a warded.
Speaker 5: Yet, is that right?
Speaker 13: I don't know. She's got a cork at the attorney out of four morganize.
Speaker 4: Okay, but Bill and Bill, okay, I understand the commentary and all that. I need to if you need some help, I need to get some straight answers. You said that your wife got six hundred sixty six thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: What did you mean by that?
Speaker 13: Well, see is a corner to her attorney in Fort Morgana. It's all I know.
Speaker 4: But the divorce has not hold on. The divorce has not gone through yet. Is that correct?
Speaker 13: A tempt? It was none. Supposedly there was a final decree from some magistrate.
Speaker 5: I understand that.
Speaker 4: But but you didn't even sell the farm. So what did the decree say? Usually here's what a decree says that, and they're gonna saying, okay, she works, Bill, you have no idea what the court order was for the final decree.
Speaker 13: No, she still has my gun collection. She's totally keys out of my tas.
Speaker 5: But are you living? Are you living at the farm?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 13: I live in a friend's house I was in.
Speaker 5: Is she living on the farm? Is she living on the phone?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 13: Yeah, that's all hers.
Speaker 15: Supposedly you got a case number, man, Yeah, we got to look at.
Speaker 5: Some im having something You don't even know the case. Snupper, Steve, don't tell you something about MS.
Speaker 13: Yes, I have m MASS and I fell out of my pickup on my walk or broke both legs. And I've been in a nursing home. I was in Regent Park and Greeley until that's there because they embezzled over twenty thousand dollars my debit card.
Speaker 5: Nowian insane. Where are you right now? Bill?
Speaker 13: I'm in the big town of Proctor, Colorado.
Speaker 5: Okay, but you're staying with a friend or what?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Are you on Social Security?
Speaker 13: Yeah? Okay, that's what you.
Speaker 5: And you don't have any You don't have any money whatsoever other than social Security.
Speaker 13: That's it.
Speaker 5: Yeah. But you farmed. You farmed, You farmed from mechanic Bill years.
Speaker 4: Bill helped me out here, bro armed and were a decel mechanic for fifty years.
Speaker 5: You paid off the farm. You're telling me your.
Speaker 4: Wife filed for divorce and got absolutely everything. You got nothing, and you have no paperwork and you have no idea what the divorce decree says.
Speaker 5: And someone else, at least them out of twenty grand Bill. What we need to do?
Speaker 4: Okay, the first thing we need to do is look at the divorce to the actual court order.
Speaker 5: Okay, so we need you don't even have a case number.
Speaker 13: You're saying right, Stephen Shannon is a retired judge in Storming, and he said he would help me do this, but I haven't heard anything.
Speaker 5: What is his name?
Speaker 13: Stephen Shin? As a ginn he was.
Speaker 4: How did you find Stephen Shinn? How did you find Stephen Shin?
Speaker 13: My neighbor is a good friend. They sing to you, okay, they go to nursing homes and whatever, and he got me connected with Stephen.
Speaker 5: Did you ever talk to Steven?
Speaker 13: No, I haven't. My neighbor does it?
Speaker 5: I just so you never talked to Steven yet you've never how about your neighbor. Does your neighbor have your case number?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 13: I would have to Stephen chen. I gave him all of the court records and everything.
Speaker 5: But you said you never talked to Steven Shinn.
Speaker 13: Well, I talked to Jim, who talks to Steven, and Jim I told him, you know, I would go in and get whatever they needed and I got a copy of the case and everything.
Speaker 4: And okay, so you don't have any You don't have your own copy you just gave everything to the Stephen Shinn.
Speaker 13: Right, yeah, yeah, and Jim and then he gave it Stephen Shin.
Speaker 4: Now, do you have a phone number for Jim? Hold on, do you have a phone number for Jim? I don't want it on the air, but do you have it?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay, we need to get somebody, a deputy to call Jim and get to the bottom of this, just so we can get some records.
Speaker 5: Bill.
Speaker 13: Okay, Yeah, there's a lot of stuff that Steve and Chen said he would like to have, but he's not. He's retired. He can't just go get it now.
Speaker 5: Well, he can't walk, actually anyone can, but so you can't walk right now?
Speaker 13: Oh, I can get around real slow in a walker. I got four.
Speaker 5: Now does your does your ex wife live at the farm with a man?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 13: Yeah, drug dealer. All of a sudden, my telephone has her cell number in it, which is I guess her boyfriend. I don't know. He thinks he gets that hit farm as his and they can't get indeed and her name or his name because I bothered before we were married. It's my forum. I paid it off.
Speaker 5: I own it, but you said the court according to her attorney. The court gave them the farm, right.
Speaker 13: Well, six hundred and sixty five thousand, I hope you know. But she's you know, she's drunk. She's drunk. I guess every day.
Speaker 4: My granddaughter, she's drunk, and she lives with a drug addict. And she cheated on you and had a kid.
Speaker 13: Right that I know of?
Speaker 5: Yeah, a country western song and and and the amount of money is six sixty six. This is like a joke, sign of the devil.
Speaker 4: So she was a water she was your order to pay sixty six six, six hundred and sixty six thousand dollars.
Speaker 13: I think she's trying to get the whole farm all my equivalent. I was self employed after sixty years of being a fiwo, five years being a mechanic.
Speaker 5: You know, Bill, this sounds dreadful. Seriously, even if a tenth of this is true, it just you're all alone right now? Do you what about your child? Do you still see your kid?
Speaker 13: My granddaughter and I have two sons. Suppotedly one son got married. I wasn't invited.
Speaker 4: But you said one son, you weren't the biological dad, right, Well, he said he did a the NA test before he got married.
Speaker 13: And I was his dad. The only one refuses to do at the NA test, and she is fighting it well.
Speaker 4: And the other one, the other one you think, you think the other one was fathered by someone else.
Speaker 13: I do. He's one of his wife is behind all this, trying to get my farm for nothing.
Speaker 5: How old are you, guys? You want your wife? How old are you guys?
Speaker 13: She's sixty I think, and I'm sixty nine.
Speaker 4: Okay, hold on, man, need to get Kitschina. Let's give this to one of our Hey, bo, are you there. Let's or a dollar. No, I want dollar to do this. I want Dollar to talk to Uh yeah, I'm here Tom, a deputy Dollar. Let's talk to Jim, his neighbor or his previous neighbor, whatever, and see if we can just say, look, all we're trying to do is help Bill understand what's going on. If we could get a copy of those papers or whatever, and let's see if we can do that. Okay, we got more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Dan mackenzie and is an estate planning attorney and he does things in a in a really cool way he has. He's very creative. He has a one on one a boutique law firm. You'll get personalized attention. He knows all about trusts, offshore trust, irrevocable trust, regular wills, whatever you need to protect yourself and to make sure your heirs get what you want them to. Dan McKenzie McKenzie Law, and here's the number. And he's really a cool guy. Eight three three co plans eight three three co plans. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter at three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Jim, what's going on on?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 5: What's happening. How are you doing, Tom, I'm doing good, Jim. How can we help you?
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 11: I had a son, he's twenty eight years old. He was he was born with a genetic disease called fat you won't add noos coloposis. And what happened is he ended up having.
Speaker 5: Now he was born with this. He was born with this. Jim.
Speaker 11: Well, it's a genetic disease.
Speaker 13: Okay, okay.
Speaker 5: And how old is he now?
Speaker 11: He's twenty eight Okay. I have a daughter that's thirty two years old and she has it as well.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness. Okay.
Speaker 11: So what happens is they end up having to take the large intestine out because it's so full of cancerous polyps.
Speaker 5: My god.
Speaker 13: I end up happening to go back.
Speaker 11: Into the doctor who's a gas perinologist every month or so, so that they can stick a scope up there and you see if there's more polyps that there are, then they take them out.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Well, the doctor he had, he decided he was going to try something he hadn't done before, and he went in and he told my son in the hospital, which my son was recording this, and he told my son he says, you know, he said, I think I made a mistake. He says, I went in and I burned everything in there. I burned all them polyps out.
Speaker 10: Well, he had what's called a J pouch.
Speaker 11: And what a J pouch is is they take part of the small intestine and they make it into a pouch they sewed up and they connect it to the you know, to the rectum again, so he could live normally.
Speaker 5: Now this was done. Hold on, this was done before he went to that doctor.
Speaker 11: Uh the well the aria, I guess that part was done before he went to that doctor.
Speaker 5: Okay, And that doctor then undid all of that work.
Speaker 11: Well, he decided he was going to go in there with laser and clean out all the pollops and at the same time he was going to do house cleaning inside of him, and he burned everything with the laser.
Speaker 5: I understand. So he undid the benefits of that previous surgery.
Speaker 11: Is that right, That's correct, and destroyed the J pouch. Okay, So now my son has to where it has has had a total collectomy and he has a bath.
Speaker 4: Was did he ever consult another doctor who said this was crazy?
Speaker 5: This was did the did did the doctor know that he had a j pouch.
Speaker 13: Yes he did.
Speaker 5: And why did he? Why did he? Why did he ablaze it.
Speaker 11: Because he's I think he thought that he could stop the polyops from ever coming again.
Speaker 5: Okay, but I get it.
Speaker 2: That's so.
Speaker 5: But is it malpractice? Is the question?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 5: Well, okay, hold on, Jim, doctor Jim, I'm not I'm asking did any doctor say it was malpractice?
Speaker 11: Well, he had to be flight for life to Denver, to the University hospital up there.
Speaker 4: Okay, but Jim, did he get flight for life? Did he get that right after the surgery?
Speaker 11: Well, this was done right after this, within about two months of this doctor.
Speaker 4: Okay, I get it. So within two months he was he was rushed to the hospital.
Speaker 11: Correct, Okay, he still detern he was wide open the whole way up to Denver. In the hospital, he was unconscious and the doctors had to leave him wide open because he had gang green inside. Okay, this doctor and doing everything.
Speaker 4: Okay, So did any doctors I'm going to ask this again, Jim, did any doctors say that that doctor committed malpractice or that it looked like malpractice?
Speaker 11: Well that's kind of where it gets complicated, Tom, because the doctor called me at two thirty in the morning. They said she was going to have to do emergency surgery on him. This is where he ended up with the total collectomy and take all of this out and you have very little small intestine left. So she says, who did this? It shouldn't have been done.
Speaker 13: Okay.
Speaker 5: She didn't come out to say how long ago? How long ago was all of this, Jim?
Speaker 11: Two years? Uh?
Speaker 5: Oh, you're coming up on the statute of limitations.
Speaker 11: Bro right, it's still in there. I think it's five years from.
Speaker 7: What we found out.
Speaker 5: No, it's not, No, it's not.
Speaker 4: I've never heard of a five year statute of limitation on malpractice.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't know. I mean maybe I told you that.
Speaker 11: The well, we contacted a bunch of attorneys. I contacted one down here, that's my attorney, and he was going to handle it. So he did some research on it and said that, you know, we had a statue of limitations we were up against, and I could have sworn. He told me it was either three or five years on it. Now, my son is married, lives in Utah and he's.
Speaker 15: Had I'm sorry, how come how come that guy's not handling it? You said he was going to handle.
Speaker 11: It because he couldn't get a doctor that would take a malpractice case. You would sign off stating it was malpractice, Jim.
Speaker 5: That is that is the first requirement, right.
Speaker 11: That's why I came to you because I thought maybe you had some doctors that would look at this case and see if they thought it was malpracticed. Because they did, you're through in life.
Speaker 5: No, I don't. I don't doubt it.
Speaker 13: I don't.
Speaker 4: It could very well be malpractice, Jim. Here's the heartbreak of malpractice. First, you have to have a doctor that is willing to testify, and then you have to have other experts that are willing to testify to support that doctor. Then you have to have an attorney who will take it. And in order to do that, there have to be there have to be a lot of damages. Now, how old is your son, by the way, twenty eight? I would say he's young enough. There there would be extraordinary damages. I don't think that's going to be your problem. But doctors, I mean attorneys are very reluctant to take these cases without everything in a row because they.
Speaker 5: Have to put a lot of money up front.
Speaker 15: Well, not just that, but it sounded like you know, your kids in really bad shape to begin with. I mean he's going in to the hospital constantly. I mean it sounds like he can't work or do anything even before this. I mean, I understand how bad this is, but is that correct or can he have a job or what?
Speaker 5: Mark? Mark.
Speaker 4: One of the things with malpractice, when you come in with pre existing conditions, you have to show that it was that the malpractice made it worse than it would be, and the only damages you get is how much worse it got and how much worse off you are, So that is correct. It's not the same as a personal injury in a car accident, where if you get someone who has problems, you don't get to sale theory. Yeah, you don't get to say, hey, you had problems anyway. But in malpractice they can use that to lessen damages. So people might look at his son and say, oh my god, this poor kid. He was so messed up to begin with.
Speaker 5: How are we going to prove additional damages.
Speaker 4: Plus we can't even get a doctor to say it was malpractice. That's your biggest challenge, Jim. You can't get a doctor to say it's malpractice. You need a specialist in that area. Now you said there was a surgeon or someone who said this should not have been done.
Speaker 11: It's correct. She's the head surgeon at the hospital what's it called Oshwitz or something hospital in Denver where they play for life to and he was again he was cut wide open what he got in the helicopter. Now you say didn't do any damages afterwards, Well, he was an executive chef Okay fair restaurant. Once you have a colostomy, you can't work at a restaurant anymore because you're going to be around food.
Speaker 5: Jim, you have a chance, Jim, Jim, I understand, Jim.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying is that doctor that said it was malpractice or said it shouldn't have been done?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 5: Is she willing to go on record?
Speaker 11: Well, I think she already has because she wrote it into the file. Let me again this, Let me tell you this part, because this is the heartbreak. She called me at two thirty in the morning, woke and my wife up and said, I have your son here. He has gang greed and I'm going to have to remove the jy pouch, the things that are in here that made it where he could live without a bag, and she says, I'm going to have to take that out and I'm going to give him a five to fifteen percent chance of surviving through the night. But before this doctor did the a blazement in there, he was working at a job. He's a genius, and you know he shouldn't have been done. But now it's it's more or less destroyed his life. He can't do anything, uh as far as you know working.
Speaker 5: But you're but but you have consulted many attorneys already. Isn't that so?
Speaker 11: No, just one? It's one because I have a paralyzed vet, so I can't get around as much.
Speaker 5: As a well you got you got to talk to the people who do this for a living, right I know? Yeah?
Speaker 11: Okay, an attorney that will help.
Speaker 4: Can we get Can we try to get Marco on the line? Hold on, Jim, let's try to get him on the line. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. This is a heartbreak. I mean, was it malpractice? Sometimes if a treatment goes bad, it's not necessarily malpractice unless it is so uncalled for.
Speaker 5: Hang on, We're going to be back to tell you more.
Speaker 4: Renew Home Innovations dot com can help you with a shower conversion, and they do a great job in two or three days, and you have seventy two months to pay with no interest. They do a beautiful job that will enhance the value of your home. U They do it without a threshold to walk or stumble over.
Speaker 5: You can.
Speaker 4: If you're older, you can get in easily and get out. Of course, for anyone older or younger, it's beautiful. No shower doors required, beautiful glass panels, stone walls with no maintenance. Renew home Innovations dot com three O three nine zero four to two thousand. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three O three seven to seven help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 5: So we got some pictures of that roof repair we talked about earlier. It is bad. Can we get Marco Bendinelli, attorney at law on for Jim. Do we have him available? Did we try?
Speaker 4: Let's talk about real estate while we're waiting and uh, and we're taking your calls as well at three oh three seven to one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five, and I will try to get the video up of that patio that has the metal roof and you can take a look at that metal roof.
Speaker 5: Not very good, that's for dang.
Speaker 12: Sure.
Speaker 5: So anyway, what I'd like to know is.
Speaker 4: With real estate, let me go to these texts and buy and I should give out that number again. You can text me at any time at seven four seven nine nine fifty two eighty. Now what that is is my Google number that comes to my personal cell. I do it that way so I can keep it on and often you guys can contact me seven four seven nine fifty two eighty, or you can go to the short code that iHeart provides five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 5: Just put Tom in there. And it'll come to me five seven, seven, three nine. I do have a text here.
Speaker 4: When you say the average time to market, Frank, twenty eight days? Is that averager median?
Speaker 5: First, that was the medium time medium, that's that's according to That.
Speaker 4: Means that truly means you have half the houses below and half the houses above.
Speaker 13: And some of that.
Speaker 5: Thomas.
Speaker 4: Okay, so that's a lot different than average. Oh yeah, do you know what the average time on we're.
Speaker 5: Over thirty days.
Speaker 2: I don't have the exact days off the top of my head, but DeMar, the latest GAMAR report.
Speaker 4: Says the median is twenty I think, plain, Stephanie, when you said eighty nine or eighty some odd days, was.
Speaker 5: That median average? Average?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, so average would be that's still that's a big average. But again, median is half above and half below. It's right in the middle there. What houses, Stephanie, are selling quicker than others in the Springs area, the Pikes.
Speaker 6: Peak area, you know, our condo town hall market. Definitely we're feeling that slow.
Speaker 5: I just so single family homes. But what what target of symbols?
Speaker 6: I don't I think it's really all over the board. Just what I'm looking at you know listings. I'm looking at listings. I'm showing you know, ones that you would think would go very fast, that are priced well, look fabulous. They might be sitting. So I think it's just ultimately that right buyer walking in the house. I don't know that there's necessarily okay to.
Speaker 5: Most people right now.
Speaker 4: Do most people come in with a lot of money down because of a previous sale or are.
Speaker 5: They on the edge?
Speaker 8: I see a mix.
Speaker 6: You know, Colorado Springs is especially because market. Yeah, and VA doesn't require any down payment.
Speaker 5: So okay, And Frank Duran in the real estate man, what's selling hot? What's hot?
Speaker 2: I'd say forty percent of what makes up forty percent of the market is that sweet spot between five to seven and fifty I'd say single family homes, Tom, that would be the about forty percent of the market. Fun But Tom, I will say this, I've had a couple of million dollar properties. We sold two different areas, by the way, and moved those within a week and had good demand on them. So some of that depended on supply and demand ratios area to area.
Speaker 4: Isn't that hard to believe that when we talk about three to five hundred thousand, we're talking about bargains. Oh yeah, anymore half a million bucks and a million dollar dollar is not some outstanding home.
Speaker 5: Sure, I mean I don't mean it like that. Of course they're beautiful homes. I'm just saying that it doesn't take much to have a million dollar home. Well, I think that's crazy, Tom.
Speaker 2: The great part is from twenty twelve a lot, even with the market being a little soft this year, a lot of sellers benefited from the years of record high appreciation.
Speaker 5: So that's been a big plus.
Speaker 2: And you know, whereas we used to see prices around three hundred thousand, that was considered a pretty nice home.
Speaker 5: Anymore, boy, I mean, now anymore you.
Speaker 2: Get to that five hundred and five seventy five, that tends to be the sweet spot now, all.
Speaker 5: Right, So I mean it is what it is. Yeah. Are we ever going to get a correction in real estate? Or is that silly to even say? Well? I think one thing, you know, Tom, better than anybody's. Real estate goes in cycles. But I don't see yah.
Speaker 4: But giant corrections are because the economy goes to crap.
Speaker 2: You don't want that. But slight corrections now, and then I don't see yeah, maybe slight. I don't see anything draft. I mean unless something geo politically changes the game or something. I don't see anything drastic coming anytime soon. I think actually, this coming year, I'm expecting to see better numbers. Better numbers mean in terms of stronger market and asation too. Yes, absolutely, because I think we're going to see inventory drop and inventory drop a bit.
Speaker 4: Thank somebody else here says they're interested in fix and flips? Is it even worth it right now? I mean, are there bargains or Stephanie, are there bargains for fix and flips?
Speaker 6: Not that I've seen that the kind of margins that your typical investor wants, they want to walk in and all in be at a much lower value than your typical market value. And what a property even needing some work with sell war on the market And.
Speaker 5: Hey, uh Kitschina, did we reach out to Marco Bendinelli?
Speaker 8: We have, we have, I haven't heard back from him yet.
Speaker 5: Okay, thank you for telling me. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show three zero three, seven to one, three Talk seven to one, three two five eight eight eight Heating dot Com.
Speaker 4: Remember high efficiency units there, especially if your units fifteen are especially twenty years, you want to call them three all three seven seven zero two seven seven six.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one.
Speaker 5: Help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three Tom three zero three seven one three eight two five five. So we're having a problem Jim getting a malpractice attorney to talk to at this point, But that doesn't mean we're going to give up.
Speaker 5: Meanwhile, I think you should call You should call two law firms until we get him on.
Speaker 4: But Marco Bendinelli, it's Bendinelli Law, and I'm going to give you that number.
Speaker 5: It's eight one. It's easy to remember. One eight hundred attorney. Okay, okay, and then the other one would be go ahead, sir, I wanted.
Speaker 11: To give you one more piece of information on that. You know we were talking about proven this is malpractice and this type of thing. Well, what if the doctor walked into my son's room, which you did, and my son is also a journalist and he writes uh profiles for people's businesses. Well, he had his recorder on the doctor that did disiblation, who is not certified to do it, because we have we have special training for you.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content, wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped, that's who.
Speaker 5: You don't have to.
Speaker 1: Come run in susas as we can Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martine.
Speaker 5: Hey, I'm Tom Martin. You know, welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. I'm at the home studio. Marks at the home studio. Can see them there on the lower right screen if you're streaming. And then we have Stephanie Thomas from the Colorado Springs area, and Frank durand the real estate man dot com Stephanie Ari or Stephanieri dot com.
Speaker 5: Hey, we're talking real estate.
Speaker 4: We're talking anything on your mind, anything that you'd like to talk about. We're here to do and we will try to solve your problems. Right now, we had this issue with medical malpractice, and there's a strict limit to discovery when it should have been discovered or when it happened and should have been discovered, as if if any medical professionals tell you they had a problem with it.
Speaker 5: And he said when he went to Annshuetz.
Speaker 4: That it was that the woman and said this should have this doctor said it should have not been done. That would be an outside date for me in my opinion, but it's not a legal opinion. And I think that's one of the problems he's going to have. He said when he went there, his uh, his son had an oblasion done to his intestines and it ruined. Well, he has a bad, rare condition and it ruins the procedure ruins something that caused him to have to go to a colostomy for the rest of his life. So anyway, what I want to know is when did that happen? When did he go to ann Shoots.
Speaker 11: April thirteenth, twenty two. That's what she did the Total Collectory, and.
Speaker 5: That's when she told them this should have never been done. Great, you're gonna have a tough time.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't I look at I don't know that that should have been discovered is weird.
Speaker 5: But you have two years and you're not going to get an attorney in the in enough time.
Speaker 4: I mean, you're already past two years from a time a doctor mentioned you could have a problem there and and it definitely should have been discovered during all of those complications. So I mean, Jim, you're you're you're fighting a losing battle of that's the case, and that's probably why you can't get.
Speaker 5: An attorney to take it.
Speaker 4: Right, I mean, don't take me. I mean, you know, don't don't go by what I say. But I'm telling you that's going to be one of your biggest challenges.
Speaker 11: Well, I was kind of hoping by being on your show that maybe somebody heard online what was going on.
Speaker 13: Was it an attorney, it could help. I think.
Speaker 11: My only think that I can go to he's a gofug me.
Speaker 5: Yeah that's true, you know, to help him for the.
Speaker 13: Rest of his life.
Speaker 4: Is like, well, he's never going to get enough money on GoFundMe for the rest of his life.
Speaker 5: It's not going to happen. Let's just be honest about it.
Speaker 4: He might get some spending money here and there, but I've never heard of anybody getting enough money for the rest of their lives, except in some rare cases I believe where a police officer might have been shot or something where and killed. Then he had the little kids. But it's really difficult, Jim, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 5: Is he married?
Speaker 11: Is that he has a child a duty day?
Speaker 5: Oh god? And he can't work right?
Speaker 11: Well, yeah, he is working. He's working in a McDonald's and they made Hi a general manager there, so that you know, he doesn't have to be with the food or anything.
Speaker 5: But he's a.
Speaker 11: Brilliant kid, you know, very good.
Speaker 4: The way Jim is terrible, It's terrible. How's your daughter faring with her disease?
Speaker 11: Well, she still has a jay pouch, hasn't been destroyed. She's got a really good doctor that takes care of her. He doesn't go past what he's traded to do. I mean this doctor Cavid and you know that apologized for doing what he did. And he never was traded to do the oblasion that he did. It had no certification for it.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, Well I'm telling you man, it's uh, it's just terrible.
Speaker 4: If we find out something different, we'll let you know.
Speaker 11: I appreciate it to.
Speaker 5: And I'm sorry, bro, I'm really sorry.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: Wow, People listen to this and thank you for calling people. Listen. When it comes to malpractice.
Speaker 4: I actually any injury you can't set you're right, and the maultpractice thing that is the worst thing in the world is you have to get another doctor that it's absolutely necessary, absolutely necessary. So it's one of those things that if you don't have it, you can't even file. So that's one of the problems. Now, did you know, I know you're going to find this shocking to believe.
Speaker 5: Did you know that?
Speaker 4: Listen to this, guys, listen to this. The health advice on TikTok only two percent of it is accurate. Mark, do you find that shocking?
Speaker 5: Not only two percent of all of the health all of the health advice given on time?
Speaker 4: But who's that according to that's according to this group of physicians who went on to police it, not police it, but to look at it. And they say two percent. Let me, I can get the name. They say two percent. The study shows and it is a recent study. Oh actually it was done by a fitness app which has a number of doctors on their board and a number of nutritional people and health professionals, and it's called my Fitness Pal, which is an app, and they're the ones that did the study and it was released let's see, it was back in back in April.
Speaker 5: They started it.
Speaker 4: So they but you would not believe some of the advice given, some crazy advice on TikTok on how to stay healthy. And they say, not only is only two percent of it accurate, but more than half of it is dangerous, more than half of it. Do you think people actually go on TikTok for health information? Truly, do people actually go there and say, yeah, this is probably true?
Speaker 5: On what to eat, what to.
Speaker 4: Drink, how to exercise, diets that are supposedly for detoxing or reducing a stomach fat, all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 15: And I love the fact Kennedy is going to be over you know, basically health in this country.
Speaker 5: Are they actually putting him though in charge of the fdaighty you know?
Speaker 12: I think so.
Speaker 15: It hasn't been done yet, but this is I'm not kidding. One of these days. Google fruit loops Canada compared to the ingredients and fruit loops sold in the US.
Speaker 5: It is unbelievable difference.
Speaker 15: Most countries have a lot of these chemicals in food like fruit loops that are illegal in almost every other first world country.
Speaker 4: It's crazy, Tom Wow. So listen, speaking of healthy or unhealthy? What do you think the most popular candy according to state?
Speaker 11: Is?
Speaker 5: Which candy has the most states? I don't know, you're saying, what the hell you're asking? Okay, here's what I'm gonna say.
Speaker 4: For example, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Colorado their favorite candy according to sales. We want to take a guess what would you say this, Frank dran Oh, I think Colorado, Colorado. Hu, I think Colorado, but it spreads out to Kansas, and.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say Reeseis just because I likes hell.
Speaker 4: No, it's Jolly Rancher. Isn't Jolly Rancher headquartered here?
Speaker 5: I thought it was.
Speaker 13: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Jolly Rancher.
Speaker 4: Dolly Rancher is the most popular candy. I can't stand it. It's the most popular candy in Kansas and to Colorado and Oklahoma. Now Reese's doesn't. I'm trying to find a state where Reese's is the number one candy. You know what, Oh, Maine, Reese's is the number one. Almond Joy sometimes you feel like a nut Vermont in New Hampshire and Massachusetts Starburst, Oh, almond Joy is also Rhode Island. So now listen, Candy Kisses Pennsylvania. But what I don't understand is there's one, two, three, four, five? Are they judging it by though sales by seven sell?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 15: In other words, they sell more Jolly Ranchers in Colorado dollar wise then they do Hershey's bars.
Speaker 4: Well, this is the study again that I'm looking up. So you know, don't kill me. The messenger inner body analyzed. Oh, they analyze sales and Google trends search data over a year to identify the most popular candy in each state. Here's the methodology. We set a twelve month time period and then we used numerical search values to determine which popular brands of candy were searched for most of the time in each state and combine that with sales data and came up with they say the most popular say they don't actually say that they outsold, but they say that was one of the factors, along with search data and information. But here's what I don't understand.
Speaker 5: Blow pop.
Speaker 4: Have you ever even heard of a blowph? Is that like the bubblegum inside of a Yeah? Okay, that's a favorite in one, two, three, four, five, six, seven states. Blowpop, Snicker is in Montana, Skittles Nevada, And of course California is Sour Punch California, and Sour Punch is Texas. So it appeals to both progressives and conservatives. Oh and actually, sour Patch is way up in Idaho. I think that's Idaho. No, that's no, sorry, that's not.
Speaker 15: These must be mostly that Google search part of it, because I mean, like reesis outsells, like every candy in the entire world.
Speaker 5: Is Reese's the number one cellar everywhere? I mean in candy Rieses is Yeah, well, according to what I'm looking at.
Speaker 2: Yes, really, peanut butter chocolate frank Top. How could you go wrong though with peanut butter and chocolate.
Speaker 4: No, the best candy in the world. I don't care what you say. Malted milk balls like those, they're the best in the world. Whoppers can't do better. Okay, let's get back to real estate. I got this three old three seven to one. Three talks are number, by the way, But I have a text here about rentals. You don't know much about rental state the renter's market right now. Anybody want to weigh in on it at all? Somebody wants to know, is there any.
Speaker 5: Hope for that? I think it's getting cheaper.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 15: There's a lot of apartments coming online in Denver Metro.
Speaker 5: Really, what do you think that's from?
Speaker 15: Well, I mean they're building them. My god, look at our studio. Just look around. There's they're building apartments left and right.
Speaker 5: Guys, somebody else wants to know. Have you ever sold a home for someone who simply wants to do a bed and breakfast. Have any of you ever gotten involved in that? Not personally.
Speaker 2: I have a very good contact who's been in the business vacation homes man, and he specializes more than that. So for those types of things I refer over to a gentleman I've known.
Speaker 4: For So for vacation homes by owner, that must be Is that a pretty big market in the metro areas or is that more in the mountains.
Speaker 2: I don't, honestly out here, I'd never deal with it. I've referred it out more than anything.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's not something that I deal with, but I do come across them more in the mountain communities. So out west of Colorado Springs Park County, I definitely see, you know, people who have looked for and I've helped people purchase properties that they intended to utilize for like short term rentals.
Speaker 4: Did I take the fifteen Shannon or or I'm sorry, we have dragon now, okay, so let me do that three oh three, seven to one to three talk or three oh three Martino, three oh three.
Speaker 5: Sixty seven eight four sixty six. We got more coming right up?
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 5: You don't pay a cent until you're content top of it.
Speaker 4: Time for a natureurants check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five All right, so texting me seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty.
Speaker 5: Nonwo The reason I have that number seven four seven is an aeroplane.
Speaker 4: I love it nine nine nine I don't know, just like it anyway, fifty two eighty the Male High City. So seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty you can text me. One of the texts here has to do with interest rates. So, uh, Frank, you mentioned something about you expect interest rates to steadily fall a bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the plant well, hopefully, and we'll see how this shapes up. But right now there's a lot of talk that they're going to be gradually dropping throughout the year.
Speaker 4: It depends on what inflation does true now and job reports. Some people say, now again, you know, I love how anticipation uh comes into play here. But the lamestream media has been talking about how Trump's going to ruin the economy because of his tariffs and stuff, and how that's going to cause massive inflation and a problem.
Speaker 5: Again, what do you think the game is?
Speaker 4: Because really, truly tariffs will be passed on to consumers, Mark, you agree with that. I mean it's gonna it's gonna cause more expense.
Speaker 15: I don't think a lot of tariffs are going to end up being put in place because I.
Speaker 5: Think you think it's more of a threat to play ball.
Speaker 15: You think it's more of a threat, right, Yeah, but you know there's places we pay tariffs too.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think fair is fair.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they and and what he's hoping to do is stimulate, of course, American production.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So do you guys notice though directly, do you guys notice both Stephanie and Frank in real estate a direct correlation between interest rates and activities in buying and selling homes.
Speaker 5: Oh absolutely, I mean beyond a shadow of doubt.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think, you know.
Speaker 6: I think when people when all people hear is how high everything is, and how you know, affordability is a concern and this and that, I think people pull away from purchasing.
Speaker 8: I think when they start to feel, you know, when.
Speaker 6: Things come down and all of a sudden it is more affordable to purchase, I think people are more apt to come out and make a purchase.
Speaker 5: Frank, And you found an absolute correlation, right sure. And of course applying to man, Tom, you know that affects it more than anything else.
Speaker 2: And I think ultimately I'm seeing more optimism going forward ward.
Speaker 11: You do, I do.
Speaker 2: From the election, Tom, I talked to people every day and I hear a lot of optimism just in their voice. Sometimes, people, though, and this is just my opinion, make the mistake of saying, well, I'm gonna wait till the hot time of year like the fall, or I'm not the fall in the springtime. And I always tell them, guys, base it on when it's best for you, because if you waited out just like this last year, people will call me in January. Hey, Frank, should I sell my home in May? The problem with that is who knows what's going to happen in the future. And this year something we got a curveball. We end up peeking in April instead of May, and June July we end up going down. So I always say, guys, always base it on when it's good for you and what it's good timing for your personal situation.
Speaker 4: But in general, if someone's looking to list a house, when should they do it right now? I mean should they wait for I think people are distracted right now. I don't want to take listings away from you, guys, but what do you think as far as the best time to list? Well, Tom, here's the thing. I would say, the best time is when it's good for you because.
Speaker 5: Here's what I mean. Here's what I mean by that, based on your individual need.
Speaker 2: Because my gosh, if you say, well, I'm going to wait till May, look what happened last May.
Speaker 5: You know the market went down.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now with that being said, this is the nice part is we keep our hand on the pulse of the market. We keep our people updated what's happening, so we can let you know Hey, this is what we see coming down the pipe here.
Speaker 5: This is what's happening with supply and demand.
Speaker 2: Right now, we're sitting around three point six months of inventory, so we keep you informed in all those things.
Speaker 4: Okay, and Stephanie, you'd agree that there but but there certainly are times of the year though.
Speaker 5: That people shop typically typically, right Stephanie, Yeah, not now.
Speaker 6: But one thing that you have to remember is the typical times to you know that people think they need to put their home on the market the spring, but everyone else thinks the same thing, so you have more competition.
Speaker 8: Oh okay, okay, So I agree with Frank. You know, you have to put on the market when it's best for you.
Speaker 6: I also keep my clients very informed on market conditions, and I think one really important thing to remember is, you know, where we have a couple of months of inventory, I mean, Springs is the same. You know, it's a little over three months of inventory right now. That's really more balanced. You know, it's not the extreme seller's market. We're not slipped on the other side yet where it's the buyer's market. So in a balanced market, it's not abnormal to market your home for a couple of months.
Speaker 5: Do you think that.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, here's the question, where are people coming in from? When you have people from out of state? Where are they coming from?
Speaker 5: Boy? Time they're coming from. Boy, they come from all over.
Speaker 2: But here's the crazy part. A lot of the sellers that contact me are the ones moving out of state.
Speaker 5: I hear. I get a lot of that too. Where are they going? All over?
Speaker 2: We get Florida, I get Carolina's the other one is, oh gosh, Texas. Yeah, Texas and also Kansas City. I've had two in a row moving to Kansas City. Why the hell would they move from here?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've seen some Virginia, but those have all been like military transfers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's all over the board.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I think I hear Florida and Texas have some of the biggest influx of people.
Speaker 8: Absolutely.
Speaker 6: I know quite a few people who have gone, and I even know a lot of agents who've gotten dual licensing and working in.
Speaker 4: People are still moving out of California more than they're moving in.
Speaker 5: They're having a net loss. And we have those two.
Speaker 2: Tom and I had a really this was really unique. I had a patio home for sale and a lady calls me from I want to say North Carolina. Meete was South anyway, it was one of the Carolinas. And she says that she saw our ad online and I thought at first it was a scam.
Speaker 5: No, she was legit.
Speaker 2: She flew all the way out here, paid cash, paid like fifty grand more than everybody else.
Speaker 5: Wanted this home so bad it was unreal. So I've seen that happen too.
Speaker 4: Now, somebody says, historically, if you really look at history, anything less than seven percent is a good rate.
Speaker 5: We've gotten spoiled, you know, that's one thing we sure have.
Speaker 4: This guy said I paid nine point five percent when I moved to Denver in the mid eighties. So basically I agree with frank By. When you need to buy, it's hard to time the market. And so as far as the mortgage rates go, though, really there was a time that six percent was a great rate, a great rate, not just a good rate, a great rate, absolutely, And now we're saying, oh, it's high as six or seven, And I think that's because we were spoiled.
Speaker 5: When did rates get down to three and four? What cause that? Was it COVID or was it before that? So it was before it was before that. Yeah, and I think that was a little bit of.
Speaker 2: An attempt, right, an attempt to stimulate, Yeah, to stimulate, And I don't know that that really worked, to be honest, you know. And the funny thing is this, this is what's a crazy thing is Stephanie, you know what I'm talking about. When the rates were low, buyers were paying through the roof for real estate, so they were getting a little rate, but they were bidding sometimes eighty one hundred grand over asking on some of them. Now that the price of soft and there's more inventory, yeah, rates are a bit higher. But also now, Luke, what's happened. Sellers are more flexible towards paying towards three two one by downs two to one by downs pain towards buyer's closing costs.
Speaker 5: So there's a balance to the whole thing.
Speaker 4: Okay, we have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Three oh three seven one three A two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 5: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call compass insurance pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies.
Speaker 5: Find out Now three oh three seven seven to one.
Speaker 4: Help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Okay, So my daughter brought me something just a little while ago. It's a tea but and it has a big straw in it. I thought, okay, I'll try it. And I took a sip of it and a bunch of like slimy things went into my mouth. And it's like slimy things like, uh, I don't know, jelly stuff. It's called boba boba ta. You've had boba t before, Stephanie.
Speaker 5: My God's safe.
Speaker 10: No, not me.
Speaker 8: My daughter loves it, though my son loves that stuff too.
Speaker 5: It's I you don't get it. I mean, I mean, what is that? What are those things? Those round circles, the little huh slime ball. I thought that they don't really have they they take on kind of the flavor of the they say they take on kind of the flavor of tea. But but it's weird.
Speaker 4: It's the weirdest thing because I wasn't expecting it, and I suck it.
Speaker 5: Up the straw and I feel all these sloy things in my mouth.
Speaker 4: Anyway, three zero three seven to one to three talks seven one three eight two five five. Somebody said that they remember when rates were fourteen percent for mortgages.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that happened. When did that happen?
Speaker 4: By the way, I mean, I I kind of remember that, like late eighties, I'm saying now, But I remember also back in the day when it was got down to six percent, five and a half to six ideal home loans, great company. They were bragging about, Hey, rates have never been better.
Speaker 5: Remember that. Yeah, and then we got down to two or three percent. Mark didn't know.
Speaker 4: I think he stepped away, But I think there was one time that Mark literally had a two point something two point seventy five percent or something. What's the lowest that you saw when you were selling homes? What's the lowest you saw.
Speaker 5: In the threes?
Speaker 2: In the threes, I'd say in the threes because people were refinancing like crazy, Tom at that time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've seen some people refinance into the twos, but those were like A va no, yeah, they can go in.
Speaker 5: And get really good. If can somebody help me here? Dragon?
Speaker 4: This text said, why do people keep saying that Republicans run the House and the Senate?
Speaker 5: The House is still up for grabs?
Speaker 12: Is that right?
Speaker 5: Not up for grabs? It's done, dude, Frank, Okay, so you're there, Mark? Okay, thank you. Hey, So what is the margin? Well?
Speaker 15: I think in nineteen right now to nineteen, but it's going to be probably two twenty one.
Speaker 5: They had to have two eighteen. In fact, really where the money is, it'll be two twenty two. Okay.
Speaker 4: Now I asked this. You were not in your seat when I asked. Have you ever had Boba t Mark?
Speaker 5: Uh No, but I've bought it.
Speaker 15: I've seen Suzanne have it, but she didn't like it, but Addie likes it. It's those balls.
Speaker 4: We should call it slimy ball tea. Hey, Amanda, what's going on with you? Welcome o, Hi, hi Amanda? What's going on?
Speaker 17: I lived in an apartment complex in Colorado. I gave them my security deposit.
Speaker 10: And they moved out.
Speaker 17: They sent me the stable letter saying that they would send me my deposit, and.
Speaker 10: They told me that the check was mild in September.
Speaker 11: September thirteenth, When did you move out, Amanda?
Speaker 17: I moved out to the end of July. July twenty seventh. Okay, this wasn't up until August third.
Speaker 4: Well hold on a sec now, okay, Oh, well July August. But you paid through the end of the lease, right, correct? Okay, Well, that's all it matters. You didn't owe anything, right, No, sir? Okay, So if you ended the lease at the end of July, they had at the most sixty days to send you the deposit and an explanation. They just sent you an explanation, Is that right.
Speaker 18: Correct?
Speaker 5: When did they send you the explanation that you were going to get your deposit?
Speaker 17: I believe it was dated eighty four, so August fourth, that's weird and so so.
Speaker 4: And on the fourth they said you will be getting your deposit, but you never got it.
Speaker 13: Correct.
Speaker 5: Did they say they were going to be withholding any of it? No, sir, But they claim they sent it mail. But they claim they sent it. Is that correct?
Speaker 11: Correct?
Speaker 5: And when do they say they sent it?
Speaker 17: September thirteenth?
Speaker 4: The check was cut, so so August September. Yeah, they're making it so, so that would be August September. The check was cut, and that doesn't matter. You didn't get it. Did you leave a forwarding address? Where did they say they sent it?
Speaker 17: I left on the forwarding address, and they said that they sent it to the forwarding address. But I never got a check from them.
Speaker 10: I received the move out statement with the amount.
Speaker 17: That they would be paying me to my boarding address, but no check ever came.
Speaker 4: So you did wait a minute. So in September you did get a statement.
Speaker 10: Correct, stating that they would return my deposit.
Speaker 4: Oh no, that was you got that one though in August, But as far as September, you never got anything from them.
Speaker 5: Is that correct?
Speaker 12: Correct?
Speaker 5: Okay? Did they claim? Okay, well, here's the easy part.
Speaker 4: You might have difficulty getting treble damages or triple the amount.
Speaker 5: But if they can.
Speaker 4: See clearly that you did not cash a check, why don't they just reissue it for you?
Speaker 10: They're reasoning.
Speaker 17: They told me that their corporate office is in Florida, and their corporate office is looking into it, and they cannot provide me with any information. The last thing that they told me was their corporate office had been through two major hurricanes.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, I don't think they ever sent it out. I have some ideas. Hold on, I have some ideas. Right after this, hold on, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until your content time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 5: Help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, I have some.
Speaker 4: Ideas for Amanda, because this place is playing with her. They sent her a notice on the fourth when she moved out at the end of July. They sent notice in August, and you're gonna get your deposit back. Here's what you're gonna get. She never got it. They claim they sent it out September thirteenth. But you see, the burden is on them, not on her. And if she never cashed it and they can't show a canceled check and they won't even talk to her. I would literally sue them for treble damages, saying they violated the law, and then that will make them move off of dead Center. Now, Amanda, you said you rented in Colorado. Are you out of Colorado?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 17: Yes, sir, I go to Arizona.
Speaker 13: Ah?
Speaker 4: Okay, so yeah, Mark, do they allow telephonic small claims court anymore?
Speaker 5: The huh No, No, they did. Gonna go whatever it is.
Speaker 15: I don't know what county we're talking about, but it's not just that most likely eighty percent chance she's gonna have a mediation.
Speaker 5: She's got to show up too as well.
Speaker 15: Yes, sucks, Okay, not to mention, didn't they didn't she say they were out of state?
Speaker 5: Or did I get that wrong? They're in Florida.
Speaker 4: But go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 5: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance checkup, free, no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 7: Ripped of.
Speaker 13: News needed.
Speaker 5: That's so you don't have.
Speaker 11: Come running us as we can show.
Speaker 8: Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 3: Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hi.
Speaker 4: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Welcome to the only show that's kind of anywhere in the universe where we are solving problems, answering questions, taking complaints. Light on calls today. Some days you can't breathe. We take so many calls. Other days they are a little sparse. We're getting a lot of texts. For some reason, we got our real estate folks in today. Let me bring up Marky Mark Mark Mark in the satellite studio in parts of Known, and.
Speaker 5: Then we have Frank durand the real Estate Man down there, and we have you're streaming. I'm talking to you. If you're not, you can do the Theater of the Mind.
Speaker 4: Then we have Stephanie Thomas, lovely Stephanie's here as well, and we are talking about real estate or anything on your mind, anything in your heart and pocketbook and three oll three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 5: And then Mark is talking about Metallica.
Speaker 4: Because he's going to go see Metallica and Nashville. You want to talk about people who have withstood the test of time?
Speaker 5: Holy crap?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And then you know, like stones withstood the test of time, right, I mean there's a lot of monkeys. A monkey, he's such a I don't know. I'm not going to get into I'm not I'm not taking that bait anyway. Three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 5: You forgot jan and Dee or you don't even know who they are, do you? Anyway? Never heard of him? You never heard of them? Sonny and Chaer. I've heard of them.
Speaker 4: Oh God, were they terrible. I thought they were terrible. You know what's funny about them is they both sounded the same. I couldn't tell when one and then she'd sing and he's and they all sounded like dreadful. Anyway, you can call us at any time at three oh three Martino twenty four seven three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six, and or you can text us and now you can text my Google number at seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty or you can always go to the short code for iHeart, and that is five seven seven three nine one, says Tom.
Speaker 5: Here, I bought my house in nineteen eighty two. This is a text with.
Speaker 4: An FHA loan for fifteen percent.
Speaker 5: Well, holy moly, so I came here in eighty So were rates that high when I got here? How did I afford a house?
Speaker 11: WHOA?
Speaker 5: The last song we had was three percent?
Speaker 4: Can you imagine that swing from fifteen percent down back in eighty two? So I remember when I came here to Colorado, I swear to you. Parker was a wide spot and a train stop, I mean, and then I had a little firehouse. There was nothing there, man, Do you remember that, Frankie frank you got into real estate what year ninety four? Actually ninety three, and then started more active in ninety four.
Speaker 5: Okay, So back when you got into real estate, what areas were hot?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: You know, Tom, that's when I first started.
Speaker 2: All I knew was Thornton and North Glen and Westminster, so that's right, basically stayed and then I started spreading out. So in those beginning years, I think I would go as far as like Lakewood, and so everything seemed to just be kind of hot, you know, really.
Speaker 4: Okay, one thing that I remembered, Okay, I used to move into a place and I was always late, meaning I'd move into a place and it was booming all over Florida, well not all over, but a few a couple places in Florida, and I was working in television and radio, and then North Carolina and they're Raleigh and that while area, and.
Speaker 5: I would always miss the opportunity.
Speaker 4: So I came here to Colorado and I said, for once in my life, I'm gonna do something really crazy. And so I went down to a rap hole road and it was it was still crowded, a little not that bad county line. There was just a little Mexican restaurant. It was a dirt road county line road, so that was out in the country. But I went even further down and I said, this is the craziest thing I ever did in my life.
Speaker 5: The first time I ever stepped.
Speaker 4: Out of my comfort zone, and I had great credit, and I got a line of credit and I bought some property at I twenty five and a little place called at the time, what was it called Beverly Hills.
Speaker 5: You remember that, Yeah, what is it now?
Speaker 4: It's Castle Pines, right, So I bought the four corners there and I with some friends and we went into serious debt and just sat there and took it and then it kind of went, didn't We go through likes a bad time in the mid eighties right right, held on to him. Then bought up some more stuff down in Larkspur and then in park Or, Colorado, which was nothing, a bunch of commercial stuff. That was the first time I ever seriously made money, and I thought, oh my god, you can do this now. Obviously you can't keep doing it. There things happened, but I remember that, and I remember the reason I went south is because I always was tired of being behind. So I said, I'm going to go ahead, and I I saw things expanding a little and a rapo road was getting busy at the time, But really, County Line was the country. Did you know that people had horses and there was a little tiny I forget what the name of the Mexican restaurant was a little tiny one.
Speaker 5: Then up North was also growing. But it's funny when you go.
Speaker 4: To an area that you know is growing, you start going to the fringe areas and buying up property. But then you could go broke too, because it can go either way. I mean, places don't always expand. But right now, I mean, look at Cassle Rock. For God's sakes, Calsarock was a tiny little place. Parker was nothing, and Franktown is still a tiny little place.
Speaker 5: It really is. Franktown has yet to really really bloom.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you think about the four corners down there at eighty six and eighty three mark, there's not much there anymore.
Speaker 5: I mean, right, it's still kind of sleepy. Well you can't.
Speaker 15: There's nothing you can do here. You can only have residential and you have to have at least a minimum of five acres.
Speaker 5: Just happen. But I'm talking about the four corners there what I would call the town.
Speaker 15: They're like redoing. They're redoing the stagecoach right now. So those guys bought it when it went under during COVID. And here's the problem out here. Water water, water, water, water, and sewage. So they bought it for one point two. They figured they'd be putting in whatever four or five, six hundred thousand, and I'm not sure on these exact numbers, just kind of rumors and what they say on Facebook, meaning the people that bought them, but they ended up having them to do new septic and all this other stuff. It just costs an entire fortune to build anything out here on these four corners.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, Okay, that's about it. There's no water yuh yeah, you know, you're right.
Speaker 4: That is one big problem that's always been out there and really in Colorado in general. But on one of the things people, water rights is a whole complicated a story.
Speaker 5: But Mark is absolutely right. Without water rights to do like commercial wells and stuff, you're you're screwed. You have land, but nowhere to go.
Speaker 4: Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. So another thing I did was I went up along Parker Road and bought up property and then divided it into thirty five acre lots for people to build houses.
Speaker 5: Because what I remembered was if you wanted.
Speaker 4: Acreage back then, you had to go to a you had to be next tour to people add old cars and ravines and garbage.
Speaker 5: That that's the only big acre there was. There were no nice big acres. The nicest, bigger, biggest acreage place was Cherry Hills and and and and back then they weren't.
Speaker 4: It was like one hundred thousand dollars a lot should have brought up a ton of them, because those are a million dollars a lot right now or more right for a lot. And then so so and then and there was a plate. The pinery was just getting started. But the whole idea was being ahead of the curb with everything by the way, folks.
Speaker 2: But that's the story of people's lives. Well, Tom, it's interesting though. I remember my mom. Now this was I think around eighty eight eighty nine. She went to buy this house, and I'll never forget this. They were asking sixty five thousand dollars house up for this house ranched All Home. And she asked her relter. I was a teenager at the time, so I was not in real estate. And she asked her relter if they can make an offer for fifty thousand. He laughed at her. He says, they'll never take that. She is, well, can we at least try come here? Yeah, and thank god they actually took her offer. She buys this house for fifty thousand, which seemed like a lot of the time. That same homes worth over what a half million dollars today? I mean, that's incredible, and she paid the higher interest rate. But look how much appreciation we were out in the country. Mark bought a house out in the country one time. It was like a really sparse subdivision. I'm trying to remember where it was. Mark, it was a really big house. I don't even know if you had kids at the time.
Speaker 5: Do you remember that?
Speaker 4: And out the back door at the sliding door. I remember there wasn't even landscaping at the time. Do you remember that house you stole? And I know what house you're talking about, but I didn't buy it.
Speaker 5: Oh, I thought you did buy that one. Were you renting that? No, we were looking at it, that's right, we were.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 15: The problem with that house it was gorgeous. It probably went up by over a million bucks, maybe even more. It had a huge sheep crack.
Speaker 5: In the foundation.
Speaker 4: So anyway, what about the house you were living in when Miles was scooting around under the table in his little basket whatever it was, a little car seat.
Speaker 5: What house was that? That was in Parker and Clark Farms, Tom Clark Farms. Yeah, so that was right, that Miles was.
Speaker 15: Just a little, a little That house we bought. We did so good on that in Clark Farms. That was brand new by US Homes who eventually is Lenar.
Speaker 5: We bought that.
Speaker 15: Susanna was our first house. She was probably nineteen years old when we got that.
Speaker 5: But she got to pick out.
Speaker 15: The color of the house, of course, the color of the roof, the carpet, you know, all that stuff.
Speaker 5: There were track holls, but you get to pick out all those little finishes.
Speaker 15: Now you get to pick out all that in the cabinets, and of course they try to upsell you. But that house costs US one hundred and ten thousand. We sold that for two hundred and fifty. I think we lived there money in eight or nine years. So listen what I want to ask you guys. Are there new subdivisions still? I mean I haven't been out looking for a wha. Are there a lot of new subdivisions or not?
Speaker 5: I mean?
Speaker 4: Were there were some for a while where you buy that house. It's kind of from a model, and then you pick out stuff.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, there's lots of builders buildings still still around.
Speaker 5: Yeah, even with the interest rates, they're still building, you know.
Speaker 8: And here's the thing.
Speaker 6: It's really a great time to purchase because you've got builders that are buying down your rates.
Speaker 8: They're giving you these large incentives.
Speaker 6: You've got just sellers on a resell that are willing to come in and actually negotiate with a buyer right now. So what I'd like to say to everybody is, don't get so rate conscious that you're passing up potentially good deals because you can definitely still come.
Speaker 8: In the market and make a great point.
Speaker 4: And you can always refinance, right absolutely, because if raids get better, you can refinance. In fact, ideal home loans give them a little plug. They have that interest rate guarantee. In fact, they say you're a customer for life that they will.
Speaker 5: They tell you that if you if you get one loan with them, you can forever get loans with them. That's what they Buy the house, date the rate. Yeah, that's what that's exactly what they say.
Speaker 4: Buy the house and date the rate, meaning that you don't have to be married to that rate forever. You can refine at any time three h three seven to one, three eight two five five more coming right up, Go with a sure thing Denver's best rufer excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 5: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Please time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 5: Help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Artino here at three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. We've been talking about problems, questions and complaints, well not not really complaints, but real estate issues. We have Frank Duran, the Realestateman dot com with us, and we also have of Let me just widen out the shot if you're streaming. And by the way, I always tell people even if you listen on radio, and you should and thank you for doing that. Always feel free to download the podcast the video on It's fun and we do have a show within a show during breaks, as our YouTube morons will attest to. And moron, by the way, is a badge of honor when you're a YouTube moron. So I talked about this, and I just want to mention this. It's called chaos packaging. So some brilliant marketer got an idea, why don't we shake up the marketplace a lot? Because people kind of glaze over, their eyes glaze over when they walk through supermarkets or through stores. So they started doing something packaging things. They call it chaos packaging, meaning there's no rhyme or reason, and I'm just going to give you some honest to good This is really happening.
Speaker 5: It's really happening.
Speaker 4: And for example, ice cream tubs looks like an ice cream tub selling tampons, So in other words, it looks like ice cream, but it's tampons. They have other packaging that looks like whipped cream cans, but it's sunscreen. Now there are critics who say this is bad because if a kid sees something, they might think it's something else and jests or whatever. But there are they're mixing up packages. I don't understand it, but marketing people call the trend chaos packaging. And so, for example, there is a gin that is being put in what looks like motor oil containers. There's perfume being packaged in small spray bottles that look like.
Speaker 5: Window cleaner, the popular wind window cleaner like wind decks.
Speaker 4: What what?
Speaker 5: What are they? Honest to God? I don't understand it completely, but it's happening.
Speaker 4: Tampon packaging has been put into things that look like ice cream.
Speaker 5: You look it up people. If you think I'm lying, okay, some people say, come on, where do you get this crap? This is true?
Speaker 4: So so what it is is they want to grab people's attention. I for one thing, I don't know. I personally believe it's product confusion.
Speaker 5: I mean, I really do.
Speaker 4: I I don't mean that you're going to pick up, you know, a tub of tampons and mistake it for ice cream and start eating the tampons.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying that.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying that when I go shopping, I don't have a I just want to grab something and get out of there.
Speaker 5: I usually know what I want. Sometimes I'm not brand loyal, but Look do you see that? Look?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that so they have they have crazy like this is this is a gin and it looks and it says engine Italian organic gin. So it's it looks like engine oil and it's yeah, it looks like a motor oil. So I don't know exactly the purpose or what genius came up with it, but it's happening. And it's called chaos packaging, and apparently it's.
Speaker 5: Supposed to.
Speaker 4: Jolt people into looking at the product, whereas they've gotten used to packaging and now you never know what it's going to look like.
Speaker 5: I don't know. To me, it's crazy.
Speaker 4: And one skincare company they put some lip balm into what looks like butter.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean, and some of them are are are considered some of the packaging it's considered weird. Some people say it could be dangerous for confusion, but they what they want to do is stand.
Speaker 5: Out on the shelf. So there you go.
Speaker 6: Well, if I'm walking through the feminine products aisle and I see something looks like ice cream packaging, I'm definitely not picking that up.
Speaker 5: You're not no bon it force. You'll kind of look say, wait, a minute. What's that doing here? That's what they're thinking.
Speaker 4: And they're calling it cast because it's not like organized, So what what I mean is not organized.
Speaker 5: The way it should be.
Speaker 4: So when you're walking through let's say, a feminine isle or you know, just just you know, whatever you want toilet ries, whatever you call it, and you do see something that looks like an ice cream tub, it will make you. I think it'll make you look here, what is what the heck? Yeah, yeah, what the heck? But maybe you won't buy it, who knows. And that is a trend in marketing. Marketing is taking on all kinds of stuff. In fact, many marketers are doing all social media now, all social media, that's all they're doing for products. And they're paying influencers, of course, for product placement like they used to pay for movies and TV shows.
Speaker 15: Or candidate placement like Harris paid Oprah and paid Beyonce and paid everybody mark.
Speaker 5: Can you believe that?
Speaker 15: I mean that, I feel so stupid when someone told me that about Beyonce Oprah and then I forget the name of the podcast, but some very popular modern woman's day podcast thing. I was absolutely blown away. She paid for that stuff. I didn't even know that was a thing. It's kind of disingenuous. I mean now, now you might say, well, wait a minute. You know you endorse products and services, right, but you have to understand something. We're we have airtime, okay, and we only have a certain number of slots available for people.
Speaker 4: So that doesn't mean that anyone can just pay and get on the air either, because truly, and I know a lot of my colleagues do too.
Speaker 13: I I.
Speaker 5: They really do care about who they endorse most of the time. I mean, I you know, yeah, really it's a reputation. You don't want to exactly, and.
Speaker 4: But it's because it's airtime, and it's like I have a certain number of slots, so I can only do a certain number. I'm not going to just do anybody that comes along. And as I said, most of my colleagues are like that. But here's the point. When it comes to though, endorsing someone for an office and you're being paid to show up to me, that's just weird.
Speaker 15: It is weird, But it really is the same thing. I'm not saying I don't have I don't have a problem with it. What I'm really saying is I was stunned. I didn't know it was a deal. I know Trump didn't pay for the two big podcasts he did.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine, though, paying someone a million dollars to come and make a speech for you?
Speaker 15: And well, the Beyonce one was even stranger because she didn't even sing. She was there for a half hour.
Speaker 5: And a million bucks, right, just to bring someone told.
Speaker 15: Me ten million. I don't know, you know what, Dragon might know.
Speaker 19: He's up reports the ten million for her to actually sing and perform doing an actual concert. So the million seems much more reasonable for her to just show up.
Speaker 4: And speak for a half listening. But okay, okay, so Oprah did show up. You could argue that she took time out of her schedule. She's a very very rich and powerful woman and she does she is pretty busy, so okay, so you can see being paid for your time and energy.
Speaker 15: To do that, and of course the traveling, the security, right, right, And then you.
Speaker 4: Can also make the argument that you can also make the argument that she wouldn't have done it if she didn't believe in what she was doing. Okay, so let's make that argument. But what if now I'm not saying this happen. But what if someone endorses someone. I'm not talking about making appearances, but endorses someone. What if they're and I'm not saying Taylor Swift did this, but what if somebody took like a tailor Swift and said, hey, just come out and say you're gonna vote for me, and I know you like me and you get this much money.
Speaker 5: Now, that would wouldn't you Wouldn't that be dirty? I think that would be dirty.
Speaker 4: And I'm not saying I don't know, and I'm not saying that's happening, but oh, Mark, come on, if someone if someone came out and said I'm voting for Kamala because of this, this and this, or they make.
Speaker 15: A social tweet or the Mountain lie their asses off is what you're saying.
Speaker 4: No, I'm saying if they, even if they mean it, though, to be paid for that to me would be a little weird when it comes to politics. It just doesn't seem the same as a product or service. I don't know, I might be wrong anyway.
Speaker 5: Three oh three seven, one, three eight, two five five. We have more coming right up.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with REMAC Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three all three seven only three talks seven on three eight two.
Speaker 5: Five five Andrew, you have a question on the states? Go ahead, Andrew, what's going.
Speaker 7: On with you? Yes, my wife received a call from the state of New Mexico. Her previous husband passed away, and she I think he passed away like maybe a year and a half or two years ago or something, but kind of a bad thing. So she really hasn't had any communication with the family or anything. But she just she received some texts recently from the State of New Mexico.
Speaker 13: About about the estate, and she was just what did they want to know?
Speaker 7: I think they just want her to contact then, but I was just curious.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, here's what would happen, and this is very unusual. But normally she would be entitled to nothing. Was she married more than ten years to him?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 5: No, No, okay, so she's not even entitled to Social Security benefits? If if?
Speaker 4: But so, I don't understand why they're contacting her or if it's really them.
Speaker 5: Is it really them? She hasn't tried back yet, but either there could be something that he did not see. Sometimes when people get divorced, they don't do the right thing. They don't always.
Speaker 4: Remove people from beneficiaries. In fact, it happens a lot where you forget to change your beneficiary.
Speaker 5: So she's still on something and the ESCHET funds for the state.
Speaker 4: Since none of the family members who are surviving and know him were notified because they're not the beneficiary, they would not be notified.
Speaker 5: The estate would not be notified. They would go to the beneficiary. When they can't find the beneficiary, it goes to the state.
Speaker 4: And it could be the state calling her to say, you know you were left this or this is part of something. So there might be something where she was named beneficiary and he never changed it.
Speaker 5: I see that could happen. In fact, it happens more than it happens more than you believe.
Speaker 13: I see.
Speaker 5: So what did they say to do? Did they say simply to contact them?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 5: Okay? And did she do it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 7: I just wanted to check with you and see if.
Speaker 4: I would contact them if it's truly the state. Now do you know did they give you a link or did actually just say contact the state or what?
Speaker 7: I think they gave her a number on the text, and just.
Speaker 4: Make sure it's highly unlikely. See, I never heard of a state actually texting anyone. If you want to give us that number, we can have it checked out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what do you think?
Speaker 19: The possibility is that it's a collections agency looking to get some kind of a debt from him through her.
Speaker 4: It could be that too, But but he has he he's they may they mentioned he's deceased in that text, right, Yes, you know it could be a phishing expedition.
Speaker 5: I would be highly suspect of a text. I've never heard of the government texting you at all. Ever.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm wondering if it's just a party representing the state or something that. But I mean, he was actually pretty wealthy, so I don't know if he you know, like you say, maybe left her name on the house or something.
Speaker 5: Or yeah, could be, but I still don't understand why you would be texted. You know, Hey, do you let me ask you this. It's do you have that you don't have the number on? You can give us off the air.
Speaker 7: I don't have it. She's gottered on her phone.
Speaker 5: When you get a call us back, we'd be happy to look it up for you. We have ways of doing that that could be telling. So just let's figure that out.
Speaker 4: And then just feel free to call back three oh three seven one three talk. But I would say they just don't text. I just can't ever imagine anyone from the state saying, you know, contact us and they give a number. Never I would almost I'm almost positive on that. One three o three seven to one, three eight two, five to five. Okay, So you heard, and many of you have responded, and I just want to give my sincere thanks for contacting me at Wave eight Wealth Management. I've gotten back to each one of you personally. Many of you have met with us, and I appreciate it. I don't take that trust lightly. The history behind it is I started the company because I was frustrated with the entire industry using what they call a TAMP model, which is a turnkey asset program. It's really a management program TAMP, and it's where financial.
Speaker 5: Advisors say they're your advisor, but they really simply take your money and place it with big, giant advisors and then they claim they're your advisor. But those big advisors they don't know you from anywhere.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm not telling you you're gonna have bad results all the time like that, but you're not going to get the results you want for your personal goals and objectives.
Speaker 5: And I believe that you want personal attention if you're like me. So that's why I started the company. Now, I started at first for myself, I really did, and then after about five or six years, I decided to register with the Securities Division and make it an official company.
Speaker 4: If you want someone who invests alongside you and babysits your money like their own and literally knows you and will not grow beyond knowing each and every client, then you want to join us. You can contact me invest with Martino dot com. The name of the company is Wave eight Wealth Management. You can go to Wave Eightwealthmanagement dot com. The number eight, but it's invest with Martino dot.
Speaker 5: Com or give us a call. Three oh three seven seven to one help seven seven one four three five seven.
Speaker 4: Again, you have my pledge. This is not where we're going to schluff it off to anyone else. Now, we consult with experts, but we don't outsource anything. We take full responsibility. Three oh three seven to seven help help invest with Martino dot Com. Hey, I'm Tom Martino, your troubleshooter. Three oh three seven to one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Now, as you can see, we have our experts with us on real estate, and we did I did have some Uh let me get to this last these last minute texts right when here is.
Speaker 5: CHAFFA. What is that?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 5: Is it chaffa?
Speaker 13: Oh? What is that?
Speaker 5: You want to weigh in on that? Is it still available? They want to know, boy, I haven't done a chaff in a while.
Speaker 13: What is that?
Speaker 5: Is it a down payment assistance program or since.
Speaker 2: Yes, and and boy, and I believe it's based on your credit if you qualify it to go that route. I haven't done a chaff in a while though it's been a while, but there are down payment assistance programs out there we could put a little as a thousand.
Speaker 4: I'm asking you with first time buyers, what is available for first I mean it's so expensive right now. What do people do that are working their asses off and this for to be a first time buyer?
Speaker 5: What do they what's available?
Speaker 2: The good news, Tom, is there's down payment assistance programs. Our office actually has in house lending where they actually do even portfolio type loans where a first time buyer can go in and put as little as one thousand dollars down out of pocket. So there are programs out there that are great. But of course it depends on qualification and credit and those types of things.
Speaker 4: Okay, so there are programs available, Yeah, Okay, someone else wants to know.
Speaker 5: Okay, So are there are there any foreclosures for sale?
Speaker 2: Well, Tom, I mean there's some. I mean it's very slim picking though. And the thing is is everybody's had so much appreciation over the years. Even people that get in trouble where they fall behind, we find they have plenty of equity. I'm helping a gentleman right now so we can avoid foreclosure. We're trying to make it where he can actually just keep the property so we're working something out with his HOA. He's got plenty of equity. If he gets in a pinch, he can always sell it and he's not gonna be up down. So we don't run into that as much as we did back in the day.
Speaker 5: Stephanie, do you run into people in trouble, you.
Speaker 6: Know, occasionally, but the same the same people are so equity.
Speaker 5: Because because houses have gone up so much in.
Speaker 8: Value, Yeah, it's easier to sell them.
Speaker 6: Really when they get to that distress point.
Speaker 4: One guy says, check with the state as cheat funds if you think anything was left to you and it's with the state.
Speaker 5: Now it's called a chet funds. It's really the Treasury Department. A lot of people call it.
Speaker 4: You know, they're just unclaimed unclaimed securities and unclaimed money. Anyway, I'm Tom Martinez, running out of time. Remember save all your problems for me.