Speaker 1: Objective logic and reason side in an overabundance of woke philosophy that is irrational, is made up day by day as people are like I think we should bring racism back, and then here's a justification, and then it gets woke afied and spread out, and then all of a sudden you have a bunch of communist socialist ideas where you become the property in action. You need to be able to stand on your own ground. It helps to have a foundation in philosophy because it's a method to fine truth when you get down to it. Philosophy is there because you love truth enough to go and learn how to find it, because it's valuable. So if you're interested in things like that. There is the landing page. We'll link it up in the notes. It is a longer once, so we'll get a shorter URL for this. I'm sure Jay has a link on his page. I just wanted to show it off. Now you know what exists, you can go look for it and see why this is not your father's philosophy.
Speaker 2: Right, So well done.
Speaker 1: I'm proud of everyone who helped to produce and edit the course, and of course Jay did a flawless job in presenting the course over those twelve weeks, and he's a juggernaut. He's another guy just like John Bush, in action all the time, doing something productive, like very little wasted time in his week, those one hundred and sixty eight hours of being harnessed very well. I want to show off something that we're all proud of. I've got a browser here. This is Jay Dyers, much vaunted, much sought after philosophy one oh one. Now he just got this page up. We are just testing it out. You guys are some of the first people in the world to see it. I want to say, for my part, it's not philosophy want oh one.
Speaker 2: I think this is as mistitling.
Speaker 1: I really think is as like philosophy unleashed because a philosophy want on one course, they give you kind of some useless information that you can't make sense of. Jay actually lays out, over twelve weeks, dozens and dozens of hours put into just the presentation of this let alone the hundreds and thousands of hours of research that it takes to have a coherent evolution and history of the origins of philosophy, the uses of philosophy, the different ways to look at it over time and how that has been brought about to what we have today, which is almost an absence of philosophy on the objective, logic and reason side, in an overabundance of woke philosophy that is irrational is made up day by day as people are like I think we should bring racism back, and then here's the justification, and then it gets wokeified and spread out, and then all of a sudden you have a bunch of communist socialist ideas where you become the property in action. You need to be able to stand on your own ground. It helps to have a foundation in philosophy because it's a method to fine truth when you get down to it. Philosophy is there because you love truth enough to go and learn how to find it, because it's valuable. So if you're interested in things like that. There is the landing page. We'll link it up in the notes. It is a longer once, so we'll get a shorter URL for this. I'm sure Jay has a link on his page. I just wanted to show it off. Now you know what exists, you can go look for it and see why this is not your father's philosophy. Right, I want to show off something that we're all proud of. I've got a browser here.
Speaker 2: Welcome everybody. You may not recognize this man, but you may only an edva like myself could pull in other celebrity e divas, ladies and gentlemen. Neil from dirt Port Robins. Welcome Neil.
Speaker 3: Well, so good to be here. I watch it so many times in the stream. I just want to touch this.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm actually here now. Yeah. Cool.
Speaker 2: So it's uh, you know, it's kind of a relicive. What's that?
Speaker 3: I was?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, Hey, I feel like did I maybe hint at this via text when we were chatting earlier?
Speaker 2: Oh I did?
Speaker 6: I didn't know. I just I went into my news and I spoke to the Lord, and the Lord told me that Neil's coming.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, okay, okay. I call that the librarium.
Speaker 3: I tell my wife when I like want her to do something for me, that I found it in my librarium, which is like a secret spot. I have access to true information that I can't know otherwise. So yeah, it's a similar thing. You could say news. I say librarium, mind palace, mind palace, mind palace, Mine, Cathedral.
Speaker 2: So, guys, we have with us the excellent musician and as I said, also excellent Orthodox thinker. In fact, I listened to the Jason Myron Chuck podcast the other day and Jim Bob and Jim Jatras and Neil and John Here's John here is not to excuse me. Yes, it was a great discussion, and I was really impressed with Neil's answers to a lot of the topics and questions that came. So Neil is with us today, and if you have questions or concerns or issues, we're both going to be answering or Orthodox questions or other types of questions as well. Whatever Neil feels comfortable discussing, he may not be comfortable discussing.
Speaker 3: I'll discuss anything today, Jay for you. I'm already on your channel, and so you discuss everything.
Speaker 4: I'll just roll with you.
Speaker 2: Well we had it.
Speaker 4: We might play good cop, bad cop or something like that.
Speaker 2: That's a good way to do it. Because Neil once thought I was mean, and then we went to dinner and he came away and decided I'm not.
Speaker 3: Actually I figured it out before, so I was I didn't think you were mean. I was told you were mean by many people, And then I watched your show and I was like, this is kind of awesome. I think they're wrong, but I also kind of like there's a lot of utility in mean right now.
Speaker 4: We can get into that later maybe because that's.
Speaker 2: Actually a good question though, before we get off, I'm gonna ask you that question first. So why would you say there's some utility in being mean at this juncture? At this stage, Like, shouldn't we just always be cow towing and just sort of having that.
Speaker 4: Yes, always couch shit.
Speaker 2: Shouldn't we always just be mats that are walked on?
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, didn't that get us in this mess we're in?
Speaker 3: So I mean, so there's all these agreeable people out in the world, And then I think in Western Christianity there's there's a lot more pressure to be nice because of your witness.
Speaker 4: In other words, you.
Speaker 3: Are saved, and now the thing you do is you show your witness, So you clean up your act, you stop smoking, you stop swearing, you stop those kind of things.
Speaker 4: Well, also, if people don't like to hurt people's feelings.
Speaker 3: We got this kind of moral therapeutic vibe going on in a world where we're pickling in this pickle jar that is of you know, political correctness. And so what's happened is me, I'm not necessarily the most upfront, aggressive style of person. I'd rather take a you know, a more persuasive road instead of going at something directly because it's important to me, like the person knows I love them, but at the same time, like nice and love are not equal, helpful and love can be equal. So what I've found is I wasn't the person to do it, but people like you were more than I was in the sense that we got back. By twenty sixteen twenty seventeen, we were backed into such a corner we couldn't talk about anything anymore.
Speaker 4: Like it just the.
Speaker 3: Most common sense, scientific realities were unsayable because it hurt someone's feelings. Now I get where these people are coming from, and I get why this was happening, But you know, to the average person on the street, they thought they were trying to find their purpose and trying to find their meaning.
Speaker 4: To the politicians, they're just trying to get votes.
Speaker 3: And so I was always really concerned because you know, people are being manipulated and their desires are being manipulated, and their narratives being manipulated for the purpose of getting them to vote a certain way. So what had happened is they had pushed the things we needed to talk about behind a paywall of offense. And I'm not the guy to do it. I'm not going to go out there and just offend everyone and create rooms. So what I noticed is that people were complaining about you and some work that other people were doing. Won't even bring them up right now, and that was the problem. It wasn't the problem wasn't what they were talking about. It wasn't what they were saying, It was how they were saying it, and they thought they were being mean. And the thing I realized when I was watching, I was like, oh, man, like, we actually we need people because we got pushed into a corner so far and we're behind this paywall of offense and now you can't say if you're unwilling to offend people, you can't talk about certain things. And so I think the content creators that are doing that are actually creating space for the nice people who are complaining about it that they're going to baskin.
Speaker 4: You're creating a beachhead.
Speaker 3: Where people are going to come along who are like, oh, like, we want to play nice, we want to play an they're going to get to do it. You know, they're going to get to do it. But because other people went out and did the work and ran through the briers for them in the barbed wire. So that's my take on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel that way with how could I put it the way that certain comedians in the last five years pioneered saying a lot of things that you're not supposed to say. Words you can't say the hard R for example, and then that kind of freeing things up, and the comedians took a lot of hits, a lot of flak for doing that, but I think in the long run that was a good thing. Let's read a couple of super chats here because they're piling up and I want to be fair to everyone.
Speaker 7: Jesse Lee Peers and fans said for two dollars, would you ever go one Lee Peers some podcast or fall in the state only if he had missed a women and the Geisha Hill.
Speaker 4: There's even understand what you just said? What was that?
Speaker 2: Jesse Lee Pearson says that women are the gates of hell.
Speaker 4: Interesting.
Speaker 3: I have a song called Welcome to Lady Hell, which is it's actually it's a description of like what the life women would want the least.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you got to listen to it.
Speaker 3: You can go find that song. It's not really like a roast on feminism. It's it's more like it takes.
Speaker 4: Place in the musical.
Speaker 3: But the funny thing about that is that Jordan Peterson, like his name sounds like Jordan, that was like his favorite song by yeah. Yeah, So he had his come and play this song live. But we had to kind of explained it beforehand because we were writing musicals and stories. So like a lot of the songs if you just listen to the songs from the perspective of a villain.
Speaker 4: But he liked all the villain songs apparently, so oh yeah, well.
Speaker 2: There we go, there we go. Yeah. So Jesse Lee Peterson, for those that don't know, is the sort of cantankerous and hilarious black guy commentator that he's definitely an oddball. He is an arian, so he has his own made up church that I don't care for. He did have some really funny podcasts though, with you know, sort of three oh four type figures that he calls out those are very entertaining. The Jamie Kennedy podcast is one of the funniest that he did because he told Jamie Kennedy to create his own laughing club, which I thought was really funny for a comedian. But I don't know if I would. I don't think he would have me on. I know people have been asking him for a long time to have me on. I don't know if he would, but I mean maybe if I started an only fans he would because then you can get on there pretty easily for you. But James caton three dollars, why do bishops a few bishops rebuke those that want to join the ecumenist movement? Well, rokor has still as its policy the early eighties statement against Ecumenism, so it is part of our sort of officialists ish statement. There's a lot of pressure amongst other jurisdictions to go along with this, so it's a very nuanced, challenging question. And also probably they want to that. I think that Orthodox bishops, I'm guessing, view that as kind of the last resort to public rebuke stuff. But we will probably get to that. Feel free to jump in on any comment that you want to jump.
Speaker 4: In on humanism sucks.
Speaker 2: You know, water malonious seven dollars. You didn't do nothing, but you invited on. You should invite on Brother Nathaniel and quash the beef. He is misguided, but he's good faith. Well, honestly, I just don't think it's worth having that conversation because I never talked about him or had any interaction and he just decided to kind of go after me for no reason. So and again I think that if you're an Orthodox quote monastic for twenty years, but you don't know what theosis is to me, that calls everything to question Orthodox streamer ten dollars. About the Holy Fire, there's a journalist's named Demetrius Ali Kakos, and there's an archbishop Isidorus, and they said the Holy Fire is not a miracle that they all create it. I've seen these videos from me years. I've never been to the event. But I also don't make a huge apologetic argument on the basis of the Holy Fire. So I've left that up in the air. Father Deacon, do you have any comments on that? What would you say to somebody who said, oh, this has been deblooked by a Greek journalist. I would like to see it. Well, the video, he says, Go watch the video. It's on YouTube. It's called light I light the Holy Fire. So apparently they've found the guy who does it. I supposedly.
Speaker 4: Nice about time they found him.
Speaker 6: I mean, our faith doesn't hinge on on one miracle, so I mean it's a I doubt I doubt they have. And there's all kinds of miracles associated around it too, so I mean you'd have to go through each one of those and throughout the entire history of so like good luck.
Speaker 2: You also think that this is a mistake that people do where they make the argument about this or that miracle, and if you can debunk that miracle then or prove it to be the case supposedly, oh well, then that proves the religion.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: We hear this from a Roman Catholics all the time, all the miracles of the saints. This proves the Romancalolic position. And then when we find the same types of claims amongst the Coptics, like zy Tune in Egypt where Mary appears supposedly, oh well that doesn't count. That doesn't prove Coptic stuff, because well it's only the Roman Catholic apparitions that count, so the goalposts end up moving. And that's why I don't really ever make that kind of stuff the definitive proof. I think there will be miracles that accompany the true faith, but they can't be kind of the thing that you pivot on to prove or disprove it. Great question, though, Let's see William Santos five dollars a day? Do you think I can ask it? By the way, we're gonna ask you questions. I apologize, We're not trying.
Speaker 4: To just no, I'm hanging out. This is great.
Speaker 2: We're gonna start asking you questions.
Speaker 4: This is the closest seat I ever had for your stream.
Speaker 2: We're gonna grill you in a moment. Okay, William Santos, Can I ask questions about our realism on discord? That's probably a safer route for that topic. We can't really do that on YouTube, it won't work. What about IQ and behavior and yeah, we'll get into that on discord. We can't really do that here. As you guys know, things are still very limited. Elijah Safer went on Jimmy Dore or you saw him on there, and he's wearing Orthodox cross. I assume he's becoming Orthodox, Well, I don't know that he is, but he's definitely ask a lot of questions to me, a lot of Orthodox priests he's talked to, so he's definitely interested. Probably counts as an inquirer. I don't think he's become a Catechuman, but definitely pray for Elijah Shaffer. We'd like to see him become Orthodox. Kyle is Canada cooked. I mean people ask me the same thing about the UK, like what do we do about the UK? What do we do? I don't know, I don't know what to do. What do you think? What do we do well?
Speaker 4: If Canada?
Speaker 3: Like if you start smelling a fresh pine scent in the air, that's probably Canada is cooked. And I've noticed that. So I talked about this with Jonathan Pajel over the weekend because this is this is where he lives, and I'm always trying to get him out. I'm like, man, we've got this special talents visa and green card and citizenship path. It's pretty easy to do. It takes about three or four years. He would totally qualify for it. It's just a matter. I mean, if I was there. So I've been in the same kind of position before in my life, like even during COVID, my state lockdown so hard and we're nomads.
Speaker 4: In other words, I make all my music with my band. I can live anywhere. We just sold our houses and moved to Florida. That was like the solution for it.
Speaker 3: So I think that people it depends, Like I mean, I don't know where God wants people, you know, whatever they're called to.
Speaker 4: Who knows.
Speaker 3: You can imagine that there's going to be some countries that that people are going to be left in that are too bad for you know, some godly mission. But outside of that, I mean, vote with your feet. Go where you're going to be treated well if you can afford to. So if you're in Canada, like you can get here, I would get here.
Speaker 2: That's actually a really good idea. I mean I know some people I won't say their names, but they also left their babyan socialist country to come to the US as well. Ortho Anglo Crow at twenty five dollars. Here's a book recommendation, The Master and Emissary Divided Brain in the Making of the Western World by Ian McGilchrist. It compliments a lot of what Father again and I springs up about left brain traps and ties in with Pageo's work. It's a recommended audio book. The first half is a very heavy lift.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, for sure. Have you read it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, So I talked to I talked to Ian mcgilchris in London in February.
Speaker 4: Ok So we were it was kind of a cool event.
Speaker 3: We my wife Kate and I were durpoor Robbins the band have I said that yet we're in the background.
Speaker 2: I've got you up.
Speaker 4: I love it. I love it.
Speaker 3: So anyway, it was nice because there were some members from the Bulgar and Sip the orchestra, and we arranged one of our songs for them to play. So we played with the orchestra. But afterwards that one of the people I was most excited to talk to was hanging out in the green room was Ian McGilchrist. And so what I brought up with the Ian mcgilchris because I read the Master and his Emissary right at the same time I was becoming Orthodox, and I noticed this complete harmony with the way he was talking about the mapping of the brain, like the way these hemispheres interact, including the frontal lobe and the backlobe with the architecture of an Orthodox church. So if you look at the symbolism, like you can watch we can bring up Pageaux again he did in a thing. So if you watch one of his church tours and he talks about like what's the symbolic east. So in like Orthodoxy, the east is your head, it's what comes off the pillow in the morning is what rises. The south is your left hand, the north is your right hand, and your feet are the west. This is how the churches are laid out. This is pretty obvious, Like the church is shaped like a cross and you're laying on your back looking up. Well, we talked about the interplay that he was really going over between the left and the right hemisphere and Orthodox iconography. The way it's laid out is identical the reasons things are laid out. So it's like it was actually loved this idea. He loves Orthodoxy too, but he what I was saying is that you guys are finally picking up to what people had intuited with within Orthodoxy about the symbolically out of the world and what's been review to a scripture that the scientists are actually find catching up to realize that even our internal cosmos of our mind has the same exact layout of the cosmos above.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we had a good talk about it. Anyway, I should have recorded it.
Speaker 2: It sounds kind of like, uh, the structure of the universe in Plato's timais as well. It's sort of structured like a man in the man's head and so forth. So that's interesting.
Speaker 4: I have take your word for that one.
Speaker 2: I would not lie. I've never lied once.
Speaker 4: A MONI I haven't caught yet.
Speaker 2: Do you know what's interesting?
Speaker 6: That's amazing thought. Actually, so the right brain is supposed to be like the whole right, it's the thing.
Speaker 3: Well no, no that well, yes, yes, the right brain because it's but they're flipped, you know what I mean. So the right brain is your left hand and your left brain is your right hand.
Speaker 4: Right, Just want to make sure everybody knows that. To keep going.
Speaker 6: What's interesting about the architecture is that so the left brain is called piecemeal right, like it's pieces.
Speaker 2: It doesn't know where to go right m h. It needs the master, the master plant.
Speaker 6: So it's actually the kind of the whole pattern right that puts all the pieces in its right part. And if you think about the liturgically and in terms of the architecture, you have the whole that puts all the pieces in its right right spot in the liturgy and in the architecture.
Speaker 2: So that's kind of another cool.
Speaker 3: No, that's good, that's really good and too so if you look at like so in Christianity, the left hand and a positive sense, is a symbol of renewal, a symbol of recreation, and the right hand has to do with more tradition, what's been established, and so one of the really interesting things if you look at it, is like a clockward motion of like things beginning in the mind of God and then moving out into the world through the left hand. So one of the things Ian talks about in his book is that if you if someone's blinded in the darkness, you will protect yourself with your right hand and you will feel out into the world with your left hand. Everybody does this, and this is this is is showing us basically how we move out into the world and do things. So the interesting part about this is that all of mankind, as you moved through this circle, when we passed on to the left hand into where the feet are, let's just call that. Let's say that Death and Hades is that everybody stopped there because none of us were acceptable to be brought into the tradition. And it's in Christ. He's the first one who led the way to the right hand, and this is why it's significant that he's put on the right hand of the Father. So the architecture in the Orthodox Church is a physical example of a well ordered soul. And when you look at that well ordered soul, like Andrew Gould was talking about this, he's a church architect, and he was saying that what we see in the Orthodox Church is because our senses, our normal senses, are too weak to see what the world is really like. So when Jesus is transfigured and Moses and Elijah are with them, like, the idea is that this is actually an ongoing state of Christ and the world and the veil is being lifted for a second where they can see it. And so in the Orthodox Church we have this laid out in front of us because until until we're with God, our sight and our ears and our even our sense of smell are going to be too weak to know what the world is really shaped like and what God's really doing it, and so the Orthodox Church is also showing us that I thought that was wild.
Speaker 2: Speaking of I think both Pago and I have both covered this text, and I think this is it. Let me make sure this is the right one. Yeah, this has got to be it. So there's a small writing that Saint Maximus did that ties in well with Saint Germanis of Constantinople on the architecture of the church and the symbolism of the church and the building and the liturgy. And uh, if you want to watch my talk on this right here, it's called uh. I can't remember the name of that work, but somebody in the chat will remember what Maximus's little essay is on the church. But anyway, there's my talk on that there. And then I did link for you guys Pagoe's talk one of the talks with my biggest here. And then there's a full There is an immediate full and interview here beyond materialism the matter with things, if you guys want to check that out that Neil is mentioning. And also this is Neil's channel here, dirt, poor Robbins, and everybody be sure and follow him, go check out his music.
Speaker 3: So our last record is our most jdire record, meaning that you could probably throw up a lot of the tracks as you're opening music. It's definitely it's got some eighties it's cringe coin.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Matt Dilla Monkey is track three. We did our own version of it, not AI. We don't use aon our music, so now it's got more of a synthwave eighties rock vibe.
Speaker 2: It does. In fact, the Babbylon song was very interesting.
Speaker 4: Now that's from Queen of the Knight.
Speaker 2: I know that's older, but I like that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's so. We did a movie called Queen of the Knight in twenty twenty two. It's a silent film we put our own music to, and that record has a dramatically different flavor because it's the nineteen twenties, and so we got this vaudevillian rag.
Speaker 4: Time throw that kind of thing happening.
Speaker 2: This is you here. They're all going wild on the guitar.
Speaker 3: I'm taking it. I'm going easy probably, and that's me and a parrot. Oh that bird flew away, guys. It was so sad, my African gray it flew away. Yeah, my daughter took it outside and we in some lady at the pet shop is like stop clip clipping the wings. They can't fly really anyway.
Speaker 4: And she took it outside and it away. So if you want to see us flaying live or something, let me see, you know what. Click on the hold on, go back up. This one's hilarious. Click on that one.
Speaker 3: This is us and like two, this is a throwback, but it is in twenty eleven covering Mary Poppins and.
Speaker 4: It will not play it.
Speaker 3: It doesn't like it. Scroll down, it might just get you there. Nope, these are random people. If never mind.
Speaker 4: Hey, you guys have the link to our channel. Go find it yourself.
Speaker 2: If you come over here to shorts and you see the one here, that one's that one's funny, spoonful sugar here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the other one the one you were talking about earlier. I'm ripping on the guitar whatever that was at the Symbolic World summit. Jonathan made us come and play this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But we don't post a lot of shorts.
Speaker 3: I'm like really bad at I don't even know how our channels growing and stuff because I'm so bad at like posting content and stuff.
Speaker 4: I just I just want to post the songs and go back to work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree the worst yeah sorts, but okay, So Anonymous Isaiah has differences between the masoretic and the septuo agent. Her debate with the Muslim products, and they're using the septuagent and the masoretic blah blah blah for the Angelo Great Council. How do you refute this? Well, I mean, the Masoretic text is not the normative text for the Orthodox churts, because we would agree that the Rabbinic sources in the first century did begin to alter and change and excise things. And that's what Aaron AA since he does to Martyr say. So, it's not that we can't refer to the Masoretic text when it's useful. The Book of Matthew does this in some places because sometimes people are not going to accept the septuo agent. So you're gonna have to say, okay, well, even in your Masoretic text, it admits this, this, this, and here. So it's not really an issue of like you know that one text. I mean, it's going to be an issue of authority and why are we supposed to go with the Rabbinic text anyway? Chris Mysterion, the chat wants to know if your musical guest is Enya. The answer is yes, this is actually Enya.
Speaker 3: My wife loves Enya so much still I can't stop her. It's like when she puts it on and I feel like I'm dying in a nursing home, Like, oh, I mean, uh's uh yeah, Well this.
Speaker 4: Explains a lot.
Speaker 2: That's why the chat was making. The joke was that because I'm this outlier that actually likes likes ay. Now, there's certain songs I don't like, but some of the more like pagan chanty, scary songs, I like that.
Speaker 3: All right, I'll throw you guys a free one to go along with that. If you were into Enya, you'll really be into a band called Iona and in the nineties, I oh yeah, yeah. Beyond These Shores is one of the best records from the nineties. It's about Saint Brendan's voyage. They were okay, man, look at this.
Speaker 4: Who knew?
Speaker 2: Who knew?
Speaker 4: Someone else knows? Iona? I say this in no one knows, but does everything.
Speaker 2: I have their double CD live. Yeah, they're great. Okay, so let's see where we at here. I think we did all these, We did all these. The shower Guy Okay, get out of the shower or this gross. Maybe I'm devouring your content. I used to be a Protestant pastor. I'm very convinced of Orthodoxy. I want to inquire at a local World Corps parish. My wife is turned off by the idea. She doesn't want to leave the church. It's causing a divide. Do you have any recommendation? This happens all the time, this question, like at least once a week, and I think Father Deacon has had really good advice about this, which is like, just keep going to the church. Be patient. Eventually she'll want to come, and if she meets other women and finds community, that's usually what happens, is that your experience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now there are like ladies who want to know the answer to theological questions.
Speaker 4: They're really into some are really into church history.
Speaker 3: But for the most part, when this situation happens, what it is is that like we have to understand that like our taste, like the things we prefer, can be formed against us, meaning that like you've got to imagine, like the demonic powers in the world are going to help you gravitate towards things that aren't good for you. And won't benefit you. And in the back of their mind they know what the Orthodox Church is and a big part of the way our entire world is laid out in the West is so that you have an aversion to that. This is my hot take on it. Anyway, I can't prove that. I could probably give you some you know, circumstantial evidence. So what happens is is that there's a trick that happens in people's mind where they see these things are uncomfortable with. Like let's say, someone kissing icon, someone doing the side across, someone bowing a priest, investments, prosessions around the church, all of this stuff feels like what's going on here? And this is stuff that's been co opted by cults, as you know, the Church in the West abandoned these things. So they see it and they think it's cultist or they think it's idolatry or something like that. The best way to remove the idea of idolatry is just to be around the people who you think are practicing idolatry. So like someone like Gavin Ortland who's saying like, oh, this is an idolatrous practice the Orthodox made up. It's an accretion. It's like, okay, well what does idolatry produce in people? All right, go watch the people. See if you see that pride and that kind of action from them. So what I notice happens all the time. So, like you know, we go to different conferences, in different events, A lot of times guys will just bring their wife to a conference with them. They'll have some chill time talking to other people. Like these people not only are they like normal, but they're not performatively fake like you run into that, especially in certain circles in Protestantism, where it's like I gotta be nice, I gotta be nice, and it's this kind of ned Flanders without heart. And then you get around Orthodox people and they enjoy a drink and they'll laugh loud, and they're you know, and they actually care and they know how to pray for you. So I don't know, I think that the best thing to do is just to be around Orthodox people. Christ says they'll know you're Christians by your love for one another, and I think that's been evident in almost every Orthodox community I've wont into. I'm sure there are exceptions, but I think that would be your best starting.
Speaker 2: Point Zaye ten dollars honor person. By the way, guys, if you missed, I was just on with Sam Tripoli and we went deep into banking and World War two. Shout out to Sam tripley honored person. He says, jay I was becoming first, becoming Russian Orthodox. Theosis is one of the things I learned first that is super suss If someone is Orthodox and they don't know this, yeah, talking about Nathaniel exactly. Let's see we did this, when we did this. Okay, now I have a question for Neil and we'll open it up to the Q and A in the chat. So tell us a little bit about your trajectory because a lot of people don't know, like you had an evangelical background, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, how'd you get the Orthodoxy from?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was raised Catholic, and well we weren't at first.
Speaker 3: So like, how long do you want me to ta give me a range and I'll change the details. Oh yeah, so my parents raised me Catholic, but we weren't Catholic right away.
Speaker 4: I was chrisoned. You know, they throw a little water on your head.
Speaker 3: But we didn't really go to church, and I think when we were younger, my parents were starting to that problem. So my mom would walk over to the Catholic church in our neighborhood to pray. And I'd never been in a church, and so I remember going in there and like seeing this cross, and I thought it was the strangest thing I'd ever seen. That the reason this building exists and everybody went there was for that, and that was so alien to me. So but all at the same time, I like a good mystery. I liked it, so it kind of just kept knocking around the back of my head. So my parents, in efforts to try to help their marriage, which I think it may have, actually started making us attend Catholic church again.
Speaker 4: And I went to Catholic school.
Speaker 3: But I mean, it's unfair for me to describe my experience as a Catholic to other Catholics, because mine was particularly bad.
Speaker 4: Like it was particularly bad.
Speaker 3: So the catechism at the school was absolute nonsense all the way up into my early years in high school. So my first year at this school called Bishop Hendrick in high school, they had just gone there were a scandal.
Speaker 4: Where the bishop.
Speaker 3: Had been taking out boys and grooming them, and so reason my parents still sent me to the school, and so they had a huge it was like it was like national news level scandal. So that was at the school and this was like kind of like the top Catholic high school in the state. But in my religion class, they were teaching things like what they were calling contextualization at the time, and it was just basically, here's why nothing in the Bible actually happened, Here's why the miracles didn't happen. And even me, I was kind I wasn't really an atheist at all, but I wasn't into church, and so what was happening to me at the time, I thought that was the dumbest idea. It's like, if God's all powerful, why can he just interject events into his own creation.
Speaker 4: That just didn't make any sense anyway. That was pretty bad for me.
Speaker 3: But at the same time, when I started to get into music, music was a transcendent thing for me, Like so when I go to shows, there was a feeling you'd get like that, you know, whatever the goosebumps you get and that in that sense. And then when I started trying to write music myself, because I came from an entertainment family. My dad was a radio announcer. My mom was a jazz singer. Both sides of the family was loaded with musicians. We were like the von Trapps said Christmas, everybody saying harmony, and so I got kind of raised in this this Carney family.
Speaker 4: So we were always doing music.
Speaker 3: And then when I started to write music, I kept writing like Christian music and I had no interest in that. I was literally playing guitar to find girls and stuff like that, and so I was so frustrated myself because I was having these like positive intrusive thoughts. So after that, I ended up in one of my uncle's churches. So he invited us to church because he said, hey, like, we got this youth group and it's all girls and we need some guys.
Speaker 4: And I was like, yeah, I can do that.
Speaker 3: And it was a Pentecostal church and it was totally nuts and it kind of cringed me out, but at the same time, it was more alive and I started to get into it, but not as much as the other people in my band. So my band like went through a conversion. We went from just being a band that was like a hair band and in a progressive band and hair metal yeah, like metal yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so oh you got to like if you see if you go far enough back.
Speaker 2: Michael Bolton who went hair metal to like mom.
Speaker 4: Core, Yeah exactly. Well Torriamos did this too, well. I didn't mom core.
Speaker 2: I'm just joking.
Speaker 4: But so my experience of the Protestant church on a short run is like.
Speaker 3: It was cringey. I mean, I don't know how to say it. All along I thought there was something wrong with me. I was like, why do I keep finding problems with everything? Why I want to help with the music, right, I want to help at this church do worship music or whatever a musician, But it was like I had nothing. I wanted nothing to do with the sounds we were making. You know, I didn't know why this was the music we had chosen.
Speaker 2: And was this like standard sort of evangelical praise and worship touchdown?
Speaker 4: Yeah exactly. And you know, but with electric guitar at church, you're on the stage.
Speaker 3: And I remember the best thing was I finally convinced the pastor that I could do a guitar solo at church. And I was like about sixteen, and I went right up to the edge of the stage like it was a show, like curling my toes on the end and just like whipped the guitar out, kicked on the distortion and the girls at church started screaming. And that was the last time I got to do that for a while because it was just went off the rails to turn into a Van Halen concert immediately.
Speaker 4: Anyway, it was pretty bad.
Speaker 3: But you know, in general, like I say it like this, is that there was something so weird about the music because we were copying the world, which is already we're up to a bad start, you know, because in the Lord's prayer it's let your will be done on earth down here as it is in the heavens. Not that we were like, hey, what do we do for church? I don't know, Let's go look around the earth and see what's going on.
Speaker 2: Mean Christian band should be cold playing YouTube.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, so cold playing YouTube.
Speaker 3: The problem with that is, like I didn't like those bands, and we still weren't as good as them, Like they cringed me out less than what we would do because we had to play by a set of rules that they couldn't. Like it had to be really singable for eighty year olds. It also had to be really sanitized God is not a god of confusion, So we got to understand every metaphor is got to be really clear and didactic, or it was like Jesus is my girlfriend kind of stuff. And I always assumed that I was there was something wrong with me that I didn't like it. Like it was never like, hey, these guys are doing the weirdest thing possible. There's no historical reference for anything. This is nothing like the church that was established. No, that was not my thought. My thought was like, man, if only I could get on board with this, if only I wasn't completely.
Speaker 4: Like grossed out during alter calls and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: And I always assumed it was something wrong with me until I kind of went everywhere. So I just started seeing everything and paying attention to what everybody was doing, Calvinist charismatics, whoever they were, and everybody had the same kind of story, which was like, well, we're all getting it a little bit wrong, you know, like it's not very uncommon to go to a church that has just recently changed its bylaws as dogmatic statements. They're updating things, we're learning as we go, and that was to me a no go. Also, like I was really starting to become obsessed with the early Church because I felt that would be the escape route to my frustration in the modern church that we had gone off the rails and we lost the track. But in my brain, my evangelical brain, I was like, it must have been like a hippie thing. Must have been like commune people just getting together, there's loving each other, and well, gee, that ruined me. Just to look even a cursory look at history. Was like, there's no Protestant. There's no Protestant domination that I could find anywhere. Like, I don't like to talk about Protestantism as if it's one thing, because it's not. I think I like to personally address all the different churches individually because they're not a unified front. And in fact, I think a lot of the group's believe in completely different gods. So anyway, Yeah, so when I got into that and I discovered there was like, oh my gosh, this is real. Then I went to an Orthodox church and so the historical arguments were great for me and really helpful to get me to look into it. But the reality is okay, you know, like like for your wife that doesn't want to go to.
Speaker 4: Church, with you or whatever.
Speaker 3: The church exists now and you can have an experience in that church. Now you don't have to know about the history. The history is helpful if you were let's say, you've adapted bad presuppositions along the way, and it's good at like helping reset like hey, listen, and maybe a well meaning person who didn't know any better taught you wrong.
Speaker 4: And that's what I experienced. So we went to an Orthodox church and I was like, so moved immediately.
Speaker 3: And I had a couple of like I don't want to talk about them, like I was talking about this with Cleeve to antiquity Ben.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I had some experiences that.
Speaker 3: Just were like it. There was a couple of things I still had problems with and they were just gone in an instant. But at the same time, there was like sixty other problems when I was looking at Orthodoxy from the outside that had already gotten solved.
Speaker 4: And so and here we are now. So we uh.
Speaker 3: I spent a lot of time in the Christian music industry. To become Orthodox was a huge hit to my career. I pretty much my entire network was gone.
Speaker 2: So when I did, were you already kind of ensconced in evangelical Christian music.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, I was like a professional Protestant. So we have lots of songs.
Speaker 3: Probably if you're an evangelical, you probably sang one of my songs at your church at some point.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: And we still get like checks in the mail for those songs and whatever. But luckily most of them I don't. When I go back and listen to I'm like, okay, that, like this didn't go off the rails, like I kept on safer subjects.
Speaker 2: You were one of the Gaithers. Is that correct?
Speaker 4: Yeah, heavy on the heavy on the first half of that name.
Speaker 3: Wait a little bit deeper, Yeah, gather with a hard R. So the gay either. So yeah, we were that and uh and so. But coming to orthodoxy was awesome. The first person who kind of picked me up, I got on his radar was Jonathan Pigot, and he really helped me rebuild some kind of connections because we were singing conferences. I was playing on worship records. I'd quit playing on worship records a while ago, or the last one I played on was this record called Songs Inspired by the Story.
Speaker 4: It was like every.
Speaker 3: Christian artist was on it, and I replaced their guitar player in their bands and it was one of the worst musical experiences I ever had.
Speaker 4: That was my final straw.
Speaker 3: I was like, this is just ripping my soul out to do music this bad.
Speaker 2: How did you first get the idea of I'm going to check out an Orthodox church? Like did you see it? Pago Vidio?
Speaker 3: Yeahoe, So you know the Peterson Pagel pipeline. So before Jordan Peterson became popular, I was heavily into symbolism. So as a Protestant, I was into typology and symbolism, and it was there was just a couple of guys like James Jordan and Alistair Roberts is one of the really good ones out in England. I think his book Echoes on Exodus is really really strong.
Speaker 4: And what was I gonna say about them? Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: So there was when I would talk about symbolism with people, I'd be like, it would just start breaking down the garden of eating.
Speaker 4: I remember I did, like I was asked to do a sermon.
Speaker 3: I was breaking down the symbolism of the fig leaves and the trees and why this and like it was all treated with such suspicion I was like, maybe I'm making this stuff up. It seems totally coherent to me, and I didn't do like for me at that time, there was.
Speaker 4: No history before the fifteenth century.
Speaker 3: There was no one to go and read on anything, and there's there's no one really coherently talking about symbolism in the West for five hundred years. So I actually found Jordan Peterson's Maps of Meaning book and there are parts of that were super illuminating to me, but parts of it just felt like really clunky. And then then he started incorporating Jonathan Pagot. When I picked up pa Jet stuff, I couldn't find anything wrong in what he was saying, and it actually kind of helped me, Like, I mean, it might have been self seeking move, but I was like, this is the things, these are the things I'm thinking about and writing about. And our music was always symbolic. We always went heavily in symbolism. In fact, we were doing something. It was like a modern version of apocalyptic literature, which is apocalyptic people think the end of the world. And yeah, we got a lot of songs and ideas around the end of the world, but apocalyptic meaning was an unveiling there are things we look at every day and we just reduced them to the material components and the mechanical causality. But they're actually shaped that way with a meaning. This exposing something that we're not ready to see directly yet. So that was I found that that was like the sweet spot in our music. So when I wrote stuff like that, that's when people were reporting back having like numinous experiences. They're getting like some kind of transcendence, so they couldn't fegre out why it was moving them emotionally, and I was having the same experience writing it. So when we did that, I finally found Jonathan Pagono was like, this guy knows exactly what he's talking about. And then I started reading Saint from the Syrian Saint Maximus the Confessor, and I was like, I found my home.
Speaker 4: I found my home.
Speaker 2: And that was around what was the.
Speaker 4: Year twenty seventeen.
Speaker 3: I found the first time, the first time I heard about Orthodoxy in a legitimate way. When I asked about it earlier on in my Christianity, someone told me it was Catholicism where they do the sign of the cross backwards. That's the only difference. In fact, if you look up a clip. It's on Ripley's Believe it or not. There was a show in the eighties and Jack Palance, he was like that old cowboy guy, Yeah yeah, and he was talking about he told the story if the split of the Great Schism, as if the schism was over.
Speaker 4: Which direction do the side of the cross? Look it up.
Speaker 3: It's the dumbest crap you've ever seen. It's completely historical, and it set me back probably twenty years because I think I would have become orthodox a lot earlier. The other thing, I heard an argument that Orthodoxy was bad because in the Soviet Union was it was too clunky to survive the persecution, meaning that the establishment, the structure of the institution was too bureaucratic, too wait baby bishops, yeah exactly, and so and then someone said, look in China, like look at all these like China, the church went underground, it didn't have this liturgical style, and look it still survived and still growing in China.
Speaker 4: And someone made that argument to me.
Speaker 3: But then when I actually looked into it historically, I realized that someone just totally made that up. So I had a bunch of setbacks. So twenty seventeen and then by twenty nineteen I was a catechumen, so yeah, and the family got on board right away. I was one of the lucky ones where my wife went and she's like, this is like Hogwarts for Christians.
Speaker 2: I'm in, you know. Nice. Well, that makes it easy when you know they're that, you know, open to moving in that direction because we get so many questions of people like how do I get my wife? How do I get my wife? Let's see shower guy says again Jay No, Bobby C says, expanding my library with nonfiction. What are your suggestions beyond Space Trilogy. I'm considering Dune. Yeah, I love Dune. I would say you should get Tolkien, you should get Lord of the Rings. You should get Philip K. Dick, you should get Ray Bradberry, you should get Flannery O'Connor, you should get I mean, there's so many fiction writers that are good. You know. We covered some of the classics and some of the podcasts. You know, we did William Golding, Lord of Flies. Recently we did Conrad Books, but nobody watches those, so you know, if you want to do podcasts, don't cover literature. Although shout Out to Bla has a great channel and he covers.
Speaker 4: Lit base lit analyze, yes or.
Speaker 2: Anybody who are your Do you have fiction go tos that you well?
Speaker 4: I mean, he's already got a couple of them on there. I really liked.
Speaker 3: Okay, let me give you a wild card that you probably haven't heard of that fits nice with these books. It's got a little Peag thirteen stuff in it, so you know, keep the kids away now. It's called The Dream of Perpetual Motion by Dexter Palmer. He's a professor from Princeton who wrote like one book and he tells you everything he thinks. And it's a really beautiful book because it's a it's a re enchantment story.
Speaker 4: It's a world that is.
Speaker 3: It takes place like this's got this kind of Willy Wonka character who's taking over the world with robotics and inventions and stuff. And there's this wonderful relationship between the dad and the son because the dad lived in a world before this, and he's always reminding the son. He's like, you don't understand when I when I used to walk the streets like angels will stand there on the corners, and dare you not to believe in them, and now you've got these machines and all you can see is machines, and all you have is a machine in your mind. And so the story really was it was really about like this battle going on right now between the human soul and let's just say like automation. And so that's a good book to read. That's a surprising when not many people have heard of So I'll just throw that one in the max.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's other more popular books.
Speaker 2: I haven't heard of that though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Luris, you know what my Kate loves Lauris, which is an Orthodox author too.
Speaker 2: Bobby C. You missed my chat earlier the Internet drop. What are your suggestions of nonfiction? Okay, yeah we did, we did. Sorry. Sweinter is five dollars. What do you think about it? Borro's book revisiting a the Debate between Catholics and Orthodox. Honestly, Bro, I don't have time to read Erica Barr's books. I have not kept up with with Eric you borrow all right, now, let's move to chats. We got a lot of people in the chat here. JRB. What's what's on your mind? GERB? What's on your mind? J RB? GERB.
Speaker 4: They took the gerbs.
Speaker 2: What's up? Coaches?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: Jerror? What's up?
Speaker 4: How come you don't dance no more? Coach z? Come on?
Speaker 2: Are you there? Okay? Nick On? What's up? Nikon? I'm mute? Yo? Can you hear me? Sir? What's on your mine?
Speaker 3: Yo?
Speaker 9: So I wanted to say, Jay, you know, if you go back into stand up comedy, can I assume you're going to?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 4: I think you should really go for the solo.
Speaker 9: You know, the Mexican accent thing that you do.
Speaker 2: Man, it's so funny. What if I just went as as if I was Alo and I just went to like Mexican stand up clubs? Is know what you mean?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: Well, you should definitely you should definitely do that. I wanted to say, you should definitely do that.
Speaker 9: I want to give you Alo pass because I'm half Mexican, so you got to pass from me. I did want to comment on whoever has the best you know, black man uh impersonation?
Speaker 2: That would actually be Sam. I have you seen his stand up? I have, yes, of course. I mean, so you could do like the Mexican version. Okay, So I have to be the clo because Sam wins the Okay, I'll take care. I'll be there. No, I mean I like it. I like where I like where you're going. There's a lot of there's a lot of solo in me. The only thing is, like I've already racked up twenty five in word passes. I've only gotten one solo pass. So I feel like I'm way behind. Uh gerb are you there? I'm you jerup? They don't the gerbs? Are you there?
Speaker 8: Ladies?
Speaker 3: One?
Speaker 2: Well, you don't have that just because just well I'm not gonna say who, but just because you have relatives that are tolos. I mean you can just hand them out like candy. What are you thinking, John? Is that what? So you think you just get to hand him out like it's just free, free candy.
Speaker 4: I have one, I have one.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you. So that's two cholo passes. Maddock, what's up? By the way, you heard, we have the black dude in here saying that I have the best Kat Williams that he's ever heard, even amongst black people. So maybe Sam Hide does a thug better, but can you actually say that a black dude can't judge a black dude's voice? Akakat Williams better?
Speaker 3: I think doing a specific person's voice is more impressive than doing general group's voice, because how do you test it against a general group?
Speaker 4: So if you can do a good.
Speaker 3: Cat Williams, sam Hide needs to pick a specific person to impersonate and then let's see, let's let's do the test.
Speaker 2: I think that white dude on Instagram is the best wigger though for sure. Oh he's leaving now, said the W word. All right, he's going to be canceled. Zaye, what's up?
Speaker 4: I get canceled all the time. I'm used to it.
Speaker 2: Zaine says, have you looked at useful charts? They are a Christian denomination family Tree. No, I don't know about that, but I'm guessing that it's like this show that's split between East and West and then Protestants and all that. But I'm not familiar with that. Anon, what's up? Man? We had h Brosey and are saying it's the best cat Williams. Anon, what's up? Unmute dog?
Speaker 8: All right, I'm probably gonna get roasted by y'all, but yeah, yeah, but hey, I'm good for a conversation. Okay, So I'm a Southern Baptist and uh I support the Israel state. I'm happy black, So y'all, y'all let me have it.
Speaker 2: Y'all as question, are you joking? You serious?
Speaker 8: No, I'm actually serious, man. Y'all can kick me off you want to. I'm just curious. I was trying to learn from y'all.
Speaker 4: Like, well, what are your reasons for supporting Israel? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what do you think Israel is that you should support it above something else?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah. So if we're gonna talk, like so, I think that in the world, like I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't believe in isolationism.
Speaker 8: I think that we have to go around the world and project our strength to because listen, like we don't grow everything in America. There are important minerals, important national resources that we need to open up.
Speaker 2: Okay, what minerals and resources are in Israel? You know there's not really any oil there.
Speaker 8: Right, Yeah, no, no, And I exactly know that. But what I'm saying with this, though, is that it's an outpost, Like I don't see them as like as something like we're like, like, I'm not saying I religiously see him like that, but I do you see him as an outpost in the Middle East?
Speaker 2: And did you see there. You sure the interactions between Epstein and Ehood Barock, the emails.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So my thing with with Epstein is I think that's a I don't think that it's as big as people are trying to say it is. Whenever we had five hundred thousand children traffic across our fucking border last year.
Speaker 2: It's not about the numbers. That's a deflection. He was targeting high profile individuals, power movers and shakers in America. That's the point, not the numbers. So what do you mean that's not why would why would our ally have to target and compromise some of the most powerful people in our country?
Speaker 8: Yeah, but like so they also say that he's They also say that Epstein's like with Trump, they say with everything. So it's like Epstein's like I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: These are actual emails showing that he was coordinating with Ehod Barack and other Israeli spies on how to compromise high powerful individuals, including people like Peter Thiel. So don't deflect away from that. Tell me why that's good, that's our ally? Why is there ally having to compromise powerful people in America? Yeah?
Speaker 8: So again I'm gonna I'm going to point on to this is that I think that Epstein's very low level whenever we're talking about actual what's going on, and like, listen, okay, I'll say this. It's like, okay, do you have me on that? I disagree with you on that.
Speaker 2: Have you read a book on the topic. Have you read Whitney Webb's book, any any book on this topic.
Speaker 8: On on the Epstein topic?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: No, because again and for all the survivors, thank god that they're survivors. But I just like, I'm focused on what's going on right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, well that's what that was going on right now, because that was all the way up until the twenty tens. Have you read anything like Victor of Strowsky's book By Way of Deception, Gordon Thomas's Gideon Spies, any of those texts.
Speaker 8: Do we want to talk about it?
Speaker 2: There we go? No, I mean, like, can we have yeah? Right, no, we'll see that's active stuff because that's where we are now, that's how we got to where we are. But I'm gonna move on. Thank you for your call. Why don't you call back in when we're doing like a Middle Eastern discussion and then we'll focus on that, but I don't want Neil to get wrapped into, you know, something that he's.
Speaker 3: I don't have an opinion on everything.
Speaker 2: Yes you may, John, only if it agrees with me, though that's up.
Speaker 5: I will say, that's one of the first people I've ever heard admit that it's just an outpost in the Middle East. So at least he understands that aspect of it that you know, most most people associating it with Christian Zionism or you know, dispensationalism, they won't actually admit that it's, you know, a military industrial complex outpost in the Middle East. They'll just defer to it being some sort of holy land. But actually recognizing that there's a utilitarian concept i e. Military industrial complex.
Speaker 2: Then yeah, absolutely, And also too, you'll find that when you really get into the weeds of this, and I'm not saying that to just be a smart ass, it's like that they've not actually read what Israeli strategy is. They haven't read the spy books, they haven't read the you know, Middle Eastern geopolitical text. Not because of being a know it all, but because that's the context that you need to understand what's happening and why it's happening right This is not just you know, well God's chosen people's apple love God's eyes. It is it's more than that. It's a lot deeper than that. And also the only reason people think that is because they don't understand the churches Israel. It's not the atheist socialist nation state that was set up on the basis of actually utopian socialist ideology. So that's a huge issue, and people wanted to flect into well, it's not about what happened in the last century, it's what's happening right now. What's how would you get to where we are right now with you know, when that Netanyahu comes in, all of the you know, American elected leaders like stand up and cheer him and you know, basically grovel to him when he shows up, like he's like a king or something. They don't even treat like if a dignitary like King Charles came, who's just as bad, like, they don't treat him with that sort of like you know, adulation and worship groweling before him. So no, this is just kind of like I'm not trying to mean to that dude, but like I want you to call back in when we have like a Middle Eastern sort of topic that's more specific, we can go. I know it says geopolitics in the chat, but we've already been going for almost four hours, and Neil will have to probably check out here in a little bit because I asked for one hour of his time and I don't want to We don't want to destroy.
Speaker 3: I got whatever you need. You want to destroy a reputation talking about Israel. Well, you know, so this is kind of an interesting thing. But like coming into the Orthodox Church, what's nice about the Orthodox Church is it's not a pop up church. It's not something that came around ten years ago. It's not something that is drenched in the World War two narrative. And so what you realize is when you come into Orthodoxy, is it you become so used to people in the world just getting out of the way of Israel and being so afraid to say anything about it, which, if you really think about it, it's another let's just wipe out like any names. Let's say think country A, country B, country C, country D. Why would you give country B? Like why does country be no matter what it does? Like not criticizable, So that's one of the things the Orthodox Church was free around. But you get so used to hearing people just back away from that, like because it gets conflated with criticizing a Jewish person, and now you're the bad World War two guy. So I think that what people can do is just kind of sit back and just evaluate things, and forget the name of the country you're evaluating.
Speaker 4: Just pay attention to who's in.
Speaker 3: Charge, what is like in the now, like on their resume, what have they done in the past, what are they like, what do they believe, what's their worldview. You start to get into this, you realize that Israel like it even if it carries the same name in the same sound, there's no way, there's no way it's anything like the Israel from the Old Testament. Yeah, it's in the same geographical place. So the idea that the idea that we're supposed to just sit there and give them a pass on everything doesn't make any sense. Like you credit the good when you see good, you call it the bad when you see bad. If you're going to have an opinion on these things, I don't have much of opinion on these things.
Speaker 4: But I asked a monk once.
Speaker 3: I said, hey, how do I think about this? And he had give you this perfect monk wrong answer. He says, wrong is wrong. No matter who does it, it's wrong. So if it's wrong, it's wrong, doesn't matter. So I was like, oh, that's a way simpler way of thinking of it and getting entangled from all of these films and all of this stuff that has told me that here's the good guy, here's the bad guy, you know. And so that was actually a relief coming to the Orthodox Church because I could again, like just we were talking about earlier, like hey, there's certain things you can't talk about in the world. This is one of the things that's coming back. The World War two narrative is dying. Sadly, it's dying for some people because COVID. Now they have the COVID narrative in their head and they're you know, they can't remember the mindset of people more than five years ago. But besides that, I mean, where you can see online everywhere, everybody's starting to wake up to this, and so I think, just keep talking about it and figure it out.
Speaker 2: Sounds like you need to be put in a re education camp and stropped down and shown Schindler's List twenty five times in a row, and then maybe you'll be straightened out. Hugh Fox, what's up? Father Dickins always coming up with these like elaborate sort of MK E L dress style techniques, and so I think we get work together.
Speaker 3: I have a typological case for why doing with the passing of the waters? Why it's obvious that Israel ends with the beheading of John the Baptist and the ascension of Christ. So I could get into that, but that takes about five minutes to explain.
Speaker 4: We won't do it.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: Let's you to come back and we'll we'll get into it. Like, well, you're I think that's interesting. I didn't know that. I knew. I knew that you and and Pagio were buds, but I didn't know you were like as into you know, typology and symbolism. Yeah, yeah, you knew who James Jordan was.
Speaker 3: So that's it's cute because Jonathan when he introduced me to people, he introduced me as a symbolism guy, which is kind of funny. Yeah, he did that to Jordan Peterson. I got his attention right away. It's kind of nice things. He's probably being too generous. But anyway, I was going to make a.
Speaker 6: Joke and be like, well, I could explain exactly when this happened, but it's going to take a ten hour.
Speaker 2: Lsd SI up MK ultra.
Speaker 4: Experience perfect exactly. You're gonna need a little brainwashing too to understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Theology Explorer five dollars. Did you know that you can ask chat GBT to refute Protestant and Roman Catholic errors in a Jay dire mode? I thought this was crazy. It's spot on a lot of times. Uh yeah, actually, I mean I haven't done that, but I've seen a lot of people actually making YouTube videos and kind of reading off of scripts that I think most people now we can kind of figure out, like when people are reading something from you know, a chat GPT type of response. So yeah, I know that you can kind of tailor it to respond in that way. I didn't know about it. I didn't think about doing specifically me. But that's funny.
Speaker 10: Actually, the torture technique that Jay's gonna and Father Deacon's gonna use is gonna be like clarkwork Orange, but instead of Beethoven, it's gonna be Enya.
Speaker 2: Now, all the moms are gonna be happy because you know, like that's straight mom core, and you know we don't hate all mom core. I mean I could, I could start seeing Michael Bolton right here, but I'll hold off Mom's he loved to Guys. If you want to get access to Hollywood one, two, and three, you can go to the shop right there and get signed copies. You don't have the request a signed copy. They're all signed. That's all purpose of getting it from me. You can also get some of the other products. The Red Book is still available. By the way, we are over halfway into the Estra Collywood three orders, so if you are still waiting on your order, don't worry. It will come. I promise you. Let's make sure I didn't miss some of the superjats over here on YouTube. Remember to head over to chalk dot com use from a co JF for zero to forty percent off all those great chalk products. Jay for zero chalk dot com, c h o Q dot com. You can also use from a co JY for zero JIF four four Life J forty four Live to get forty four percent off all those great chalk products. So we did that. We did that's that's doctor.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, No, while you're on the internet, go over and harassed Joe Rogan to have j on his channel. I think the esoteric Hollywood content would be perfect for his podcast, so I'd like to just go u's swamp him with tool with suggestions.
Speaker 2: Now Rogan will not listen to anyone in person suggesting, but they I will pay attention when you guys put stuff in the chat. So somebody was asking earlier, will you go on PbD. I've talked to Patroba David's schedulers and producers probably ten times, and they're always saying stuff like, well maybe when your audience grows. So I need you guys to grow the audience and then we can get on there. Jbpelta five dollars. People think the justification is if I confess the thing, I can justify the thing. It's not. It's only if thing number one is the case that thing number two can be the case. Yeah, I think you're right about that Saturday Night special ten dollars. I've always been exceptionally skeptical of spirituality and religion, but your videos opened my mind. I went to my first liturgy a couple of weeks ago. Thank you, in no small part, thank you glad to hear that Saturday Night special. Hopefully you have a good experience, because sometimes, just to be fair, not everybody's initial orthodox experience is good. Sometimes they're bad. My initial experience is pretty bad. But stick with it, keep going, and I think you'll find the right community eventually if it's not your first test case. Niggobe's five dollars. From my experience, my personal experience living there and viewing Japanese media, this society has a lot of syncretism or perennialism. I forget the distinction. Probably probably. I mean we have Japanese people at our church, and she has explained Japan in that way, so I would imagine you're right there. Who is like god? Thirty five czars? Could you bring me up on the Xpace? I gotta go to bed. I'm sorry I missed your man, didn't see you. You're a super chat in time to bring you up? All right? Last question? Who has a question for Neil? Let's see Anthony? What's up Anthony? Guys? Also remember to follow Neil right here at dirtport Robbins. This is his channel and they put out some really good, solid, unique music. I have to say, like, heyman, I'm not a professional music critic, but you are a singer, but I am a cringe course singer, and I don't I mean, there's obviously many influences. What are some of the influencers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, So we started out probably bands like Elo and Queen and Pink Floyd from the seventies. I was a big Beatles influence as far as their melodic content. But we loved Concept Records. So you know, one of the things, like, so how I became friends with Pagot is that in twenty nineteen we wrote we write a story for our records, and we write songs that kind of tell the story or highlight parts of the story.
Speaker 4: And so the story I.
Speaker 3: Came up with was a future world, in your future world, where the globalists shut down the world through a series of pandemics and then use those pandemics to institute an authoritarian system of control and also release a moral therapeutic AI there to coddle everybody through the process. And so when twenty twenty came around, it worked out really good for us because it looked like we could see around corners or something like that. And I'm not trying to see around corners writing, you know, writing a song. So if you like concept records or like, there's a lot more to sink your teeth in so you can go in and pick off songs. But we do really do well as far as people listening to our whole record. We had a great month with two older songs recently have kind of taken off, so they got a couple of million streams alone.
Speaker 4: Last month though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's kind of cooking right now and we haven't released anything new in seven months now. Next year we're working with Justin Marler on a concept record around the Youth of the Apocalypse. Youth of the Apocalypse, there's no the direct article in front of it, so we're talking about doing that and doing a live record. So it's going to hit a little harder than our last couple of records.
Speaker 4: Though, So anyway, that's what we do.
Speaker 3: So yeah, if you can follow us and subscribe to us, we get like the problem is I talk online and so a big part of our audience is like theater.
Speaker 4: Kids and stuff like that, and you know.
Speaker 3: These are people that are under like a heavy political oppression where people can't even you know, detach from their narrative, even in the smallest fashion, without being out of swords for them.
Speaker 4: So we get a lot of flak for that.
Speaker 3: I get on and talk about my faith and I just don't want to shut up about it. But one of the things that can help is, like, you know, people who are like minded with us to kind of follow us, support us, because then we're uncancellable.
Speaker 4: Right, So, any subscribes, I'm watching the numbers going up right now.
Speaker 2: Jay, you guys need to subscribe right now. We got to support our own peeps. Yeah, all right, Thank you guys so much. Thank you so much Neil for joining us. And guys, get the books, get the chalk dot com products, especially the Ashville Gun and the Tonk Kitle