Speaker 1: But you don't wanna You don't want to not remember your birthday dinner, do you.
Speaker 2: No, that's the point.
Speaker 3: But like Chris is like the type of person that he's already having Viva's in the pool at his mom's.
Speaker 2: I'm working.
Speaker 3: I had a glass and a half of wine at lunch with my friend Stephanie.
Speaker 2: Came back to do the show with you.
Speaker 1: He's talking about Chris. This is Chris Thurston.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's gonna show up with the case of viva.
Speaker 3: And then just the wheels start to fall off. And then you go to dinner and then it's like espresso Martini's and listen, I gotta take rider to the vet at nine am.
Speaker 2: And I told Bred I.
Speaker 3: Was like, we should move that, and he goes, you're gonna be that hungover on a Tuesday night.
Speaker 1: Not, You're not gonna You're not making nine am.
Speaker 2: No, I am. I have to. He's got to go see a specialist.
Speaker 1: So what what I got? I have several questions. I'm gonna pepper you with him? What's wrong with Ryder?
Speaker 2: So? I thought You're gonna like, no, no, no, I'm gonna do Okay.
Speaker 3: Look, I had set up a thing on pet Finder that anytime a new dog came up, that it would send to me. Right, And so I had been looking at frenchies and I've been talking to like three or four different rescues in Florida. We got Bess, who is the rescue my mom got eighteen months ago. And she's the ugliest cocoa dog ever, Like, oh that's nice, so tiny, bad teeth, underbite, itchy skin. She was a breeder mom, giant nipples. And I met this dog and I'm like, I cannot Bess is Reese is gonna go?
Speaker 1: What is this potato that snorts?
Speaker 2: Rickley is gonna go? Why is this thing at our house?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: She doesn't know how to walk on a leash. She wasn't a house broken. She had just lived in a kennel and had puppies her whole life. And saying is so she's she's perfect for my mom.
Speaker 2: Right, So I write, So.
Speaker 1: A dog, an ugly dog with myriad.
Speaker 3: Doesn't overwalk, the do not to use a leash. My mom is home all day to let her in and out of the yard. She doesn't go anywhere. She's a perfect old lady dog.
Speaker 1: Right, I would I didn't. I didn't call Susan an old lady. That was you, So I wouldn't say so when talking to these rescues.
Speaker 3: That's kind of what they do is they allow these piece of ship breeders to drop these dogs off and then they get re homed. And I'm like, I'm kind of absolving these people of their like shitty existence. That's the end of that ranch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with you on that one. I'd like to I think we should be able to go to those people's homes and punch them in the face.
Speaker 2: Okay, great, so steal their signs out of the side.
Speaker 1: Of the yard. Those people suck as fringe bulldog puppies. Those people are the worst. So actually fuck those people. Yeah, now I'm mildly annoyed. Go ahead.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 3: So when Ryder popped up on Petfinder and he is just this dog at the Humane Society in Seabring, Florida, which is like middle of nowhere, Florida, south.
Speaker 2: Of Orlando, I'm like, what's up with this dog?
Speaker 3: And Brett's like, we got to go meet him, like you keep talking about him. So Brett called said we'll be there on Friday. We drove Friday. We took the other two dogs. They both met him, everybody got along. He's unnuutered and they said that they surrendered him due to medical reasons. And I said, well, what's wrong with him? And they said, well, they didn't tell us. They gave me all of his medical records. I can look through them, I can read them. And I said, Okay, something's good. I'm going to find out very soon why this dog was surrendered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he was really cute.
Speaker 2: He's really cute.
Speaker 3: But he needs breaking palc surgery, same thing Coco needed, same thing ninety percent of Frenchies need because of the bad breeding, the short face, the soft palette.
Speaker 2: It is what it is.
Speaker 3: So he's on some de wormer, he's on some antibiotics to get rid of some of that snottiness that he got while he was at the shelter.
Speaker 2: And we're gonna go see a specialist in the morning.
Speaker 3: Because I have had previous experience with multiple surgeries with Frenchies. I want to kind of vet a couple of these doctors in the air to see who's gonna be the best. And I want him to just neuter him and do the breaking a fallac at the same time. Because he's two years old and he's full of energy, and to keep him contained for one week is great. But you can keep him contained for one week to turn around and do another surgery three weeks later, which anesthesia is really.
Speaker 2: Bad for these guys.
Speaker 3: It just seems like a lot where I just if you leergyn't do it one full shot, here's your seven grand. We're gonna bet Righter minus nine and a half tonight. I texted to the group. I don't know if you missed that, we're betting Righter minus nine and a half tonight.
Speaker 1: I can't. I can't believe I missed that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just Joff and TT Okay, Well, anyway, that's the play tonight. You know, Jose he liked Butler tonight, but Butler doesn't play tonight.
Speaker 1: I feel like Jos can hold it out on me and I went to the I went to the Players Era thing at MGM yesterday, which I have a lot of thoughts on that, by the way, But I asked Joff, like, you know, Joff, you're a you're a mutant, you're a freak. You're you're one of the great handicappers and generation or.
Speaker 2: Not only from high school. But he also went to West Virginia.
Speaker 1: With yeah and West Virginia No, both both okay, And he never actually gave me a pick, did he.
Speaker 3: He's left you on absolute red the whole You've asked him for multiple college basketba's given zero. We should just fade my college basketball picks because my college basketball handicapping has been absolutely under dog shit.
Speaker 1: When Joff was in college, before he was rich, he's he's really wealthy. Now, before he had money, he was a free candy caper. He was a mutant. Remember remember a two for the Money with Matthew McConaughey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, except when he started losing and then he just like control.
Speaker 1: That's how he That's how this guy was. All he did was workout and pick winners. It's it. But then now now.
Speaker 2: He Joff is like a like a workout guy.
Speaker 1: Now he's just well he's not. Now now he's fat and happy. He's rich, he's rich. He's a fat cat.
Speaker 2: Can't date fat guys.
Speaker 1: Come on, he is no dad mods do you understand that you understand that workout and pick winners a joke from a movie, and you understanding that fat cat is a reference to Okay.
Speaker 3: I know nothing, what literally, I don't watch movies, but literals or any of those things. You made like a soprano's reference before we hit playing Ireni Ali.
Speaker 1: All right, well that's a that's a reference to a movie. Okay, Jeff is in very good physical shape.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, uh, I appropriately asked Jaw for a picture because that would be very rude of me, but I don't believe you.
Speaker 1: Yes, and he's also like six foot seven.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it wasn't good enough.
Speaker 1: Well, it wasn't that good at basketball when when we were when we were in college, they went to the Elite eight. Maybe maybe they went to the Elite Huggins. Was that k State that year? Yeah? The coach was John Belin.
Speaker 2: Oh oh yeah, I forgot about that.
Speaker 1: They made the they beat they beat Texas Tech in the Sweet sixteen. Text Tech was coached by Bobby Knight. Yes, and then they lost to Louisville in the Elite eight. Rick Patino a Louisville pretty good team. We go to the Elite eight, Kelly, anyways, part.
Speaker 2: Of the rider game, son of a bitch.
Speaker 3: So much for trying to make some money to pay for my dog's medical bills.
Speaker 1: Well, that's very scientific formula. You have there to just bet on writer to pay.
Speaker 2: He told me that that's who he liked. He also said he liked Butler because of the bulldogs.
Speaker 1: My second question, back to the start of this whole segment, was I'm taking my mom to dinner tonight. Mom is in town. She flew in from New Zealand to La to Vegas yesterday. She's here. She's at my house with the dogs. Right now, we're going to Mother Wolf. If I FaceTime you with my mom so she can say happy birthday. Are you going to be drunk? What time are you going to FaceTime me? Oh? Yeah, I mean wellime.
Speaker 2: Me at seven pm Pacific time. Yes, I'm going to be drunk.
Speaker 1: Well, it's going to be at lee oh something being Pacific. No, no, let me be earlier than that. Earlier.
Speaker 2: I cannot promise after that I will be sober.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, Moms over.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow, I'm drinking lots of water. Look powering water.
Speaker 1: Mom is coming here for March Madness week. She'll be here March Madness the same week.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be there, but.
Speaker 1: You because there's a show. There's a show. She wants to go to March fourteenth, and I was like, why don't you just stay so that you can watch the dogs because I'm at work like all day, And then I don't have to hire a sitter and then you can be like it's.
Speaker 2: Like her grandpuppies, you like, convince her.
Speaker 1: She loves dogs. So I mean, I think it'll be an arranged I don't remember, actually did you get her tickets? She got the tickets. She got the tickets. I don't remember what it's called. Now I'm gonna be in trouble for that because she's told me like five times.
Speaker 3: I love that she's spending all your inheritance though, that's like my favorite part of this whole story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: That doesn't bother me at all, Like, I don't, you know, I don't understand. That's okay, But I don't understand people that like are like they rely on others to like pay for all their like have you seen these interviews with these I mean, I'm gonna go off the rails here, but have you seen these interviews with these like fully able bodied people and they're complaining that they're like snap benefits have been cut off. Get a fucking job, like I mean, I I'm all for it.
Speaker 2: Is going to do one of two things.
Speaker 3: First of all, I have been called some crazy names, and now you just went fully off the rails.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna see if Clay will sponsor our podcast. Maybe I don't, but I don't have any problem at all helping people that actually need it. Of course, but why would we Why would like a forty year old person who's fully healthy not work. I don't understand. So anyway, my point is I don't care abo. I want Mom to spend all of her inheritance and I'll have to fend for myself because why wouldn't I am an able bodied person. Why wouldn't I have to fend for myself? I just the whole concept to me makes no sense.
Speaker 2: I just told that Joyce the same thing.
Speaker 3: She was like, I can't find my Christmas tree, right like we moved her to a new place and it's a lot smaller and all these things, and I'm like, so go buy another one. I go go to hobby lobby. I'm sure they have one on sales. She goes, I can do that, and I'm like, yes, you can do that. Would you rather give this seventy five dollars to your son. No, you should go spend it all.
Speaker 1: I agree. I feel the same way. I don't. I totally agree with that. So we're good. Okay, MoMA, I'll do dinner dinner tonight. I'm taking her to del Mar Friday.
Speaker 2: Okay, but what do you guys doing? Ever thinksgive me I.
Speaker 1: Having dinner at my house?
Speaker 2: Oh good?
Speaker 1: Then tomorrow where it's going like a.
Speaker 2: Bunch of orphans like I did or no, no.
Speaker 1: No, I got that's tomorrow. Tomorrow we're going to the Liverpool bar to watch the Reds. O god. And I invited a lot of the guys so they can all see mom have a few pints. Maybe Liverpool would score a goal for once. Uh. John Hoagland is invited.
Speaker 3: You know John was invited to Liverpool, but not to your house for Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: You could call my guests, you know, you know who I invited. Family came to visit him.
Speaker 2: But I just from giving you ship, and this is interesting.
Speaker 1: I invited John von Tobell. Okay, and then I don't know if I told you John von tobo v Sin, I don't know if I've ever told you this, but I was out with John. Maybe like three or four weeks ago. We were at a bar watching some game and you came up. Did I tell you this?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Go ahead, what I mean, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know how you came up. Actually I do remember, but I can't tell you. It's too offensive. But no, I can't. I can't tell you.
Speaker 2: Just sit here just thrown out political stuff.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, you might as well. No, No, I I can tell you. I can tell you off air. I can tell you make it. How did I know there's no way I can make it? Pg? Thirteen. Oh, come on with our audience, your your fans, watch the show. It's not a safe space. I get in trouble if I said it. But we were talking about you and John. You know, he'd had a couple of drinks. And I mean, I'll put this as plainly as possible. Jonathan von Tobel doesn't like him. Okay. He thinks that he thinks that you stole his spot because me and John used to have a podcast together, the Odds Makers, and then that show got canceled when you came back from after you left barstool, and there's some resentment there.
Speaker 3: I did not know that I never once saw your guys to show for one second.
Speaker 1: Oh thank you. Well that's very nice of you. Yeah, yeah, So what I mean, how do you feel about that? How do you respond to that?
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, you keep telling me every day you're going to quit your job and you're going to move to Columbia. So it's like I'm just waiting for it to come back full circle and I don't have this podcast anymore. And frankly, I'm just going to start selling picks on wager Talk because what else am I going to do it?
Speaker 2: I'm getting old.
Speaker 1: I can't quit. I can't quit. My investments are down too much. I have to keep working. I have to keep I have to keep working. I can't What did uh take me through your weekend? How'd you do this past weekend? Kelly?
Speaker 2: And then I'll give you take you through the weekend.
Speaker 3: We already relived it on Wagertop's last call on Sunday, talk about in the Utah game.
Speaker 1: Look, you know what I gotta tell you looking back on things now, because I was hot on Saturday two games. Well, dick like I did something. Actually, you were being a total dick, like I did something. Go back and read the first of all.
Speaker 3: First of all, let me walk our audience to this. Okay, John Murray, Case States up ten points. I'm playing the pig slot machine with my dad. We're at the Ambts TV's above us. I got the k State Utah game on. Case's up ten points, and John Murray goes, would be really nice if Kelly's Wildcats could win this game.
Speaker 1: Out right, there's no way, I said, Wildcats, There's no way.
Speaker 2: Hold On, I don't know what you said went outright? When I needed.
Speaker 1: Kansas State to win, we needed Kansas State to win.
Speaker 3: Okay, hold on, I'm gonna read exactly how this went down because I don't wildcats.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Hold On, we're making fun of that, Okay, hold on, there's a lot to unpack her.
Speaker 1: I was making fun of somebody in a group chat. It's a good thing that people can't read your group chats. I would be in a lot of trouble. Honestly, it would.
Speaker 2: Not be You would have been canceled a long time ago.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so.
Speaker 2: Whiches are idiots? Here we go. I found it all right.
Speaker 1: I'm glad I used the word idiots. I usually use a worse word that's good. I can live with idiots.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of texts.
Speaker 1: You're the one that you're the one that started this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, because it's true you started this. So John Murray text me, I'm mining my.
Speaker 1: Own business, fucking Kansas State. Damn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, your coaches are idiots. Don't even try to get a first down, just to pun in away that will work. And I book would love KSE to win. I go fucking delete that jam, you mush It.
Speaker 1: Was seven to forty four game and you guys don't even try to get a first down, you just pun it away. What did you seven oh one? I say, wildcats.
Speaker 2: You said KSE to win. I said seven oh one. I said, fucking delete that jam. KSE was up ten at seven forty five.
Speaker 3: You said your coaches are idiots, don't even try to get a first down.
Speaker 2: Just punt it away, that will work. So dumb. And they thought lost the game yet and I was like, you should delete.
Speaker 1: Well the game was over when they punted, obviously.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 3: Then we moved from that chat to the chat with Joff n CT and that's when I wasn't very nice because I was just like, you know what, I don't do that. I do not behave this way towards people. I had k plus five eighty, you plus four to ten.
Speaker 1: Like that, kids, the two kids that work for us to do their short work with us to produce our show. You roote against their teams every week. You almost take joy. And when South Carolina loses, or when the Bears and the Patriots never lose, I don't know what that would look like, but I bet when they do, eventually, I would imagine one of them will lose. I only you practically take joy.
Speaker 3: I only no skin in the game.
Speaker 1: You always root against those Kansas State I did not have no skin in the game. That was a huge, huge game for the book. For the book.
Speaker 3: You had zero dollars on State money line, correct, zero, John zero?
Speaker 1: The hell that Kansas State money line is a twenty point underdog or whatever they were.
Speaker 3: Because you're not smart, you don't listen to me. You just win that game and the big twelve rafts just no loube.
Speaker 1: I kind of agree with that. But Sunday Sunday was the.
Speaker 2: Game teasers covered once again. That's all I care about. I told you I'm done betting the NFL.
Speaker 3: I just played teasers teasers went, I think four and four again, four out of four.
Speaker 1: We were gonna have our biggest win of the year if the Giants beat Detroit. And then but you should be.
Speaker 2: Really happy because we had Detroit and survivor.
Speaker 1: Oh great. And then they're down with the goal line and they went forward on fourth down, which I get and I would have done that too. They don't get it. The Lions kick a fifty nine yard field goal, so it's gonna.
Speaker 2: Go to over it like did not look like yeah?
Speaker 1: So I said right there, It's like, okay, well, I know we're gonna lose. Now the Lions are going to win. So run the numbers. What's Lions by three, What's Lions by six? Lions by three, still a big win, Lines by six, still a big win. Lines by seven. Lose because they were all these teasers, and then it's like, okay, well the Giants won the toss, so we're good. No, no, no, they decided to kick off.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you mushed them again by saying we're good.
Speaker 1: No, we can't if the Giants. If the Giants take the kickoff, they can't lose by seven. Well I did, I'm not the one who said it.
Speaker 3: But the guys in the back room and they go, they.
Speaker 1: Go, we're good, They're gonna they they won the toss. I don't remember who said it, and they kick off for fucking god knows what. First play, Jamar Gibbs touchdown and they win by seven. That was it for me with the NFL. I didn't watch any more NFL last week. I don't know what happened. I saw all the scores, but that.
Speaker 3: Was the end of its super So we're gonna win a million dollars on Splash.
Speaker 2: You're not happy?
Speaker 1: Great? Great, Well, tell tell everybody about the Splash contest we're in. We got a picked two games this week. Yeah, let me tell you you. Joff and Chris make the picks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm still alive in the two point five million.
Speaker 3: I think Joff might be as well. How funny is that going to be when we don't win the million as a group and then I win the two point five million?
Speaker 1: Would it even change anything for you?
Speaker 2: Shut up?
Speaker 3: I am not gonna win the two point five million because I have the worst teams left available possible, Like I got, I updated my spreadsheet.
Speaker 2: Hold on, let's see.
Speaker 1: Who are we taking this week? You skipped over that, do you? Who do you? Do you? Guys?
Speaker 3: I sent it to I send it to you guys already. I think we take who did I send you?
Speaker 1: I see you guys.
Speaker 2: Four options?
Speaker 3: So two point five million, I think I have to go Chargers, Maybe.
Speaker 1: Dolphins, Raiders, stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Maybe Dolphins, Jags on the road.
Speaker 3: I want no part of Bucks, snow Baker Mayfield ish, maybe Niners on the road at the Browns.
Speaker 2: Who knows what Sadur Sanders is gonna do in game two?
Speaker 3: So I think I gotta go Dolphins, Chargers.
Speaker 1: The Sunday night game is Denver at the Redskins. That's ridiculous, Are you kidding? Wow, that's horrifying.
Speaker 3: I'm glad it's Tuesday and you finally just looked at the NFL schedule.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so that's what we're That's.
Speaker 3: What I'm doing in the two point five million the Bloody Survivor. Obviously we have a lot more teams available. Brett and I are gonna go Seattle Chargers, I think, yeah. And then I used Seattle last week in mind, so I I don't know.
Speaker 1: Like it's well, you're using Seattle, you're gonna go against nine. Doesn't that guy have a concussion?
Speaker 3: I could take Patriots, but I really don't want to take the Patriots against Jamis. Wednesday, Jamis has another really good game. I keep saying the Patriots are frauds, and if I take them and survivor.
Speaker 2: They will lose.
Speaker 1: They've won nine games in a row, so I don't know that you can call them fraudulent.
Speaker 2: I don't know either at this point.
Speaker 3: I just like, I just like agitating Patriots fans online. I got a whole sixty seven dollars this week from X just tweeting being obnoxious and upsetting people.
Speaker 1: You are kind of obnoxious, you do upset, they.
Speaker 3: Just get I just feel the need to just like throw something out there and then not respond to any of them, and they just go fucking nuts. Then I just click mute conversation and then Elon gives me sixty seven dollars.
Speaker 1: It's like people are very attached to their teams, you know what I mean. Where it's like if you said, like, oh my god, the Bears sucks, like people would be like like that you're attacking that ruined my life.
Speaker 3: They would ruin my life. You don't think that Bears fans. Everybody's like, what do you eight Bears fans? Because they're a bunch of fucking assholes.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, John Holden is a Bears fan.
Speaker 2: Try to ruin my life?
Speaker 1: No he did not, No, he did not. Hey, what about Caleb Williams. You got to admit that you're wrong about Caleb Williams. Go ahead, just admit it.
Speaker 3: Now you want me to admit Yeah, Ben Johnson has a little bit of something to do with that.
Speaker 1: I can say that about everybody. Patrick Mahomes play with Andy Reid his whole career. You don't think that helps Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, it doesn't help them now they play on Black Friday.
Speaker 1: I like the Eagles, all right, I'll give you what do you want? First college or propicks? Do you want me to do a Notre Dame brant? Oh?
Speaker 2: You want to go on Notre Dame rant again?
Speaker 3: Those people are assholes to do how we are?
Speaker 1: What do they do?
Speaker 2: The death threats that I received because of Wolfhart.
Speaker 1: A nuts nuts?
Speaker 3: The dial it in like people are like trying to like send assassins to my house, Like.
Speaker 2: Grow up, I really, I really like I don't know something to do.
Speaker 1: I like this Notre Dame team, man, I like, so we talked about this. Uh, we talked about this on Saturday a little bit. I consulted with an ex sports book bookmaker who I think very highly of talked to our team right now, we think it's Ohio State, and then there's a group of Notre Dame, Georgia and Oregon.
Speaker 2: I bet Georgia ten to one.
Speaker 1: And then after that there's a there's a group of like Texas, A and m Indiana, and that's probably what So that's probably you're pecking with your peck your hierarchy. That's probably your hierarchy. Right now, Ohio State is the best team. Ohio State was the best team last year and they lost to Michigan at home. I'm just saying that they're the best team. But I think Notre Dame is right there. I think they're right there with Georgia. With Oregon, they'd probably be like a let's call it four and a half point under.
Speaker 3: The best coach out of that group, out of that group good questions that's out of that group.
Speaker 1: Of teams, I probably would take excuse me.
Speaker 3: Not right, there's a good Ex's and O's coach and there's a good players coach, so there's two different answers in there, and then there's two coaches that I could give a fuck less about.
Speaker 1: I guess i'd probably take Smart if I had to take one of those four. I think it's I think it's close, though you're probably you're probably between Smart and Dan Lanning. Is that correct?
Speaker 2: Yep? Those are my two.
Speaker 3: I think Dan Lanning is a I like. I watched some of his videos online. I'm like, I would run through a fucking brick wall for that guy.
Speaker 1: I like Orgon. I think that probably the most impressive win of the year, if you break it all down, is Indiana going into Oregon and winning there. I think that's probably the best win of the year in college football.
Speaker 3: I think, now there's a coach that I really like, and I know a lot of people don't like him. He's great, such a dick that I'm like, Yes, that is who I want coaching my football team.
Speaker 1: Texas A and m winning at Notre Dame is another one, but I think I do think I really am confused by the the old So you're you're saying that Miami has to be in over Notre Dame just because they beat him all the time. No, I know you're not. I know you're not. Personally, I didn't say so many people saying that. It's like, so you're gonna just throw away the last three months, nothing matters.
Speaker 3: Mario is a top twenty five coach. That was the argument I had with k fans. KSE State fans have a former player whose son was gonna go to ku k Sate beat the fucking bricks off of them.
Speaker 2: He decommitted.
Speaker 1: Obviously.
Speaker 3: Casey said, when you're not worth the money that you're asking for, now he's going to Miami.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that. I think head to head is actually a good argument, but I just don't think it outweighs like the whole body of work I don't like. I hope Miami gets in because if they don't get in, then whoever gets in from the ACC is just going to get their ass kicked. Yeah, so I'm actually.
Speaker 2: Just going to get their ass kicked too, So I.
Speaker 1: Don't know about that. I think Miami's got a lot of talent. If they had the right opponent, I think that they could win.
Speaker 2: But it would you just let Florida statim because they beat Alabama.
Speaker 1: No, I agree with you. It's crazy. I mean, you can't act like Notre Dame isn't playing as well as anybody in the country right now and they have to be in the college Well, that's what piss me off.
Speaker 3: And that's why I told Clay I go, if we're not using the SEC argument, what the fuck are we doing. That's what they've said all for my entire existence. It doesn't matter how you start, it matters how you finish. Oh wehi a Olabama lost this game Week three doesn't matter because it's now week fourteen. So it's like, if it only fits for the SEC narrative, why doesn't it fit.
Speaker 1: For I can't even I can't even believe that there is Sorry, I can't even believe there's a discussion about Notre Dame not being deserving to be in the playoff. As long as they went on Saturday, of course they're going to make the playoff. And they completely deserve to make the playoff. They're one of the best teams in the country. Anybody that's watched college football in the last two months could tell you that, and and they'd be favored against almost every team in the playoff.
Speaker 2: That's why I like Georgia tend to one.
Speaker 1: I don't know about it. I mean, look, Notre Dame. I know last year is different. I get it, but Notre Dame played Georgia last year in the quarterfinals. They were favored and they won, so I'm not positive about that. I think both those teams are actually better this year than they were a year ago, so we'll see. I like Georgia a lot. I think I think it's a good bet. Tend to want. I like that college football sharp picks should have done it at the beginning of the show, but I'll do it now that they bet. One of the biggest steam moves this week is this game tonight, Western Michigan at Eastern Michigan. Big game in the MAC. I thought that I thought maction was over. Is it still going? I know nothing about Max.
Speaker 3: I wish that I cared enough, But it's usually just such a ship product.
Speaker 1: That That's how I feel about NFL Thursday night games. Yes, they suck, They're just it's not good football.
Speaker 3: It's not Friday, Friday, early on Sunday and last night because it was not a good product all the way around.
Speaker 2: I don't know which quarterback was worse last night.
Speaker 1: I didn't watch single play of the game.
Speaker 3: Probably probably you could argue as Bryce Young because they lost, but brock perty did not look great.
Speaker 1: They bet Kansas, You're arch nemesis. You hate the Kansas Jayhawks.
Speaker 2: No, I don't. And I wanted to bet Kansas this week.
Speaker 3: And let me tell you the text that I sent because I would know what the two Kansas beat writers have to say.
Speaker 2: I said, I have a question, how's your team quit?
Speaker 3: I need to know. No, I know they need to win another game to go bowling, but do they actually care? I like the points against Utah.
Speaker 2: We gave you guys this script to beat those fucking losers.
Speaker 1: Now I should say that they bet Kansas after it moved up. You know, it didn't move up a little bit, and then.
Speaker 2: They eleven and a half they bet it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Just so just I got back, was they quit after k State to be honest. So it's like I I liked Kansas from a math perspective. I know we're betting numbers, not teams, but we do have to take into consideration that eventually teams do just fucking quit.
Speaker 2: They just don't care anymore. And I think.
Speaker 1: That this will this will be really popular with the Kansas fans. This will get me in hot water. I went to the game yesterday, Kansas Notre Dame college basketball game. The number one prospect in the NBA Draft is a shooting guard for Kansas. I think his name is Darren Peterson. Think, yeah, he didn't play yesterday because he's hurt. Yeah, is he hurt?
Speaker 2: Did you see him at the casino?
Speaker 1: Should he play? Should he play college basketball?
Speaker 2: And why is he actually hurt?
Speaker 1: Did you see him like running laps around the world in the locker room looking at.
Speaker 2: The I'm asking, I mean, these guys are hanging out in Vegas.
Speaker 1: Should he play? That's my question. Kyrie Irving didn't really play money.
Speaker 3: Kyrie Irving was not getting in IL money. How much in IL money is the University of Kansas giving this kid?
Speaker 1: That's a fair point. That's different.
Speaker 3: I mean, these kids now, nil wise are making more than they would on a rookie contract.
Speaker 2: Not all of them, several of them.
Speaker 1: Fairpoint. Fair point by my lovely co host. Uh, it's a good one, good argument. I hope he does because I hear he's awesome, and I think that there's a really good class A freshman and I heard the twenty twenty six draft is like loaded, and you know I love college hoops, so I hope he does. But I think it's interesting ip he does his injured win, but if his injury lingers and he's projected to be a top three pick, I heard he's number one pick. Will he play? I don't know about that. We'll see.
Speaker 2: I guess it depends on who's in his ear.
Speaker 1: They played Georgia minus thirteen. George is now fourteen point favorite at Georgia Tech. They bet Boise minus three at Utah State, and they met Indiana minus twenty eight. So Indiana's playing at Purdue. This game is Friday night. WILL be watching. We'll be watching here because we don't want and I love Notre Dame. You know that we don't want Jeremiah Love to win the Heisman Trophy. That would be very bad for us. So I'm hoping that Indiana just runs up the score.
Speaker 2: I hate I think Jeremiah Love is going to win.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think Jeremiah Love is gonna go freaking wild on Saturday in Palo Alto.
Speaker 2: So I'm hope.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping that Mendoza goes wild on Friday and Purdue. Might it work against Jeremiah love that that game at Stanford is being played at ten thirty eastern on Saturday night. I think it will. I think it will, all right, So Saturday picks Florida State. They bet Florida State plus good. God, that's a horrible game. Florida State Florida. That's awful. God, that's terrible. They bet. They bet South Carolina against Clemson. You know, our guy Louis Denofrio the little bit of money on South Carolina in that game. This is the team that, like, it's probably the hardest team to power it right now, I'm totally convinced that they're really good, but nobody knows it. Penn State.
Speaker 2: With four and five star guys, Yeah.
Speaker 1: But they're not priced that way. They're not. You know, they almost beat Indiana. They probably should have beat Indiana. Penn State is now a thirteen and a half thirteen point favorite at Ruckers. Thirteen and a half is getting out there a little bit. This is a big one from my brother. Virginia Tech never loses to Virginia. If they're ever gonna lose to Virginia, it's gonna be this year, or they've got nothing to play for. Virginia side this great season. They're in Charlottesville, Virginia.
Speaker 3: They get to play spoiler to their rival.
Speaker 1: Okay, true to play for Yeah, you're right, they have that to play for good. You're right.
Speaker 2: Guess what we still own you.
Speaker 1: I'm shuck today.
Speaker 3: Manet's cousin's wife who is a kau fan, the one I wore the purple dress to her wedding a couple of years ago. We're talking right after the KKKU game because I started another family man wedding and she said something, and I go, oh, okay, you didn't congratulate me on the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: But she's absolutely right, because she's correct.
Speaker 3: At case State, where no one's getting fired because you blew the doors off your rival, probably because of Kansas State, they don't get to go bowling now. And like the beat writers said to me, we derailed the rest of their season. Their season they had high hopes, like Virginia Tech has a lot to still play for.
Speaker 1: It is funny that Mike Norvell is going to continue to be the Florida State coach. They fired Jimbo Fisher, they fired Willie Taggart, and they just can't fire another guy. Shit, that's kind of funny.
Speaker 3: I think that fires the Notre Dame game I went to in twenty twenty one. I also good coach, but I also think they have the Doublin curse, which is why I hired a witch to break the hecks on Kansas State.
Speaker 2: I didn't even tell you that.
Speaker 1: I don't know what any of that sentence meant or means.
Speaker 2: So there's an air.
Speaker 1: Whole sentence makes no sense than.
Speaker 3: Earl Classic in Dublin the Loser. Look what it did to Nebraska just for the next few years is decimated them. They still suck, They've sucks in the nineties, but FSU lost to Georgia Tech last year. Season goes off the rails. This year they beat Alabama, and then there's season still went off the rails.
Speaker 2: I think that it's like a.
Speaker 3: Lingering, like a bad mojo, and so I just wanted to break that because k State had such high expl Who are you to?
Speaker 1: Who are you like? How could you break it? You're not a witch? What does that mean? Man?
Speaker 2: You didn't hear you can hire a witch on Etsy? You didn't know that?
Speaker 1: No, and what does she do for you?
Speaker 3: I sent her one hundred and ninety bucks, and she said, all right, I need all the information you've got. And I sent her everything about KK football that I had, and then I sent her She's like, send me the athletics website.
Speaker 1: I sent her some my other stuff and shells. Yeah, and she sent me one hundred and ninety dollars. I'll I'll do a rain dance in my backyard to actually do you. Yeah, she is, I don't I don't know what. I don't know what to do right now. I don't know. I don't know where to take this conversation. Yes, give me one hundred ninety bucks. I'll do a rain dance.
Speaker 2: You can't rain dance doesn't break of hecks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. That's a bad example. Uh. They played I was looking for the game and then you distracted me with whatever the whatever it is you just said. Now I can't find it, Virginia, And I said, I like, they played Louisiana Monroe. I was trying to find their opponent. I don't know. I I've lost my train of thought. I blame you, but they they played Louisiana Monroe. Do you want me to give you some NFL picks? This is a big it's a big NFL week. I mean, I will say that I think this is the best Thanksgiving card of my career in the industry. I mean, you've got well. Usually the Lions game is lousy because the lines have been so bad for so long. Now the lines are really lowsy for so long. Yeah. Now the Lions are obviously really good and they're playing green Bay. It's a really good game. And we did see sharp money on green Bay plus three minus one fifteen. They're two and a half now, so I think there'll be a popular teaser pick. I know they will, although that is a high total. Be careful with that, but yeah, I think green Bay. They played Atlanta, Atlanta, Atlanta, Atlanta's at the Jets. They played Atlanta. That's a terrible game. Who can watch that? That's terrible. They played Atlanta minus one at the Jets. They played the Bucks. So the Bucks, you've seen this line go up a little bit. Yeah, I know Mayfield's out, but we've seen a little bit of a move up. They played Bucks minus three for three juice by the way, And they played Cleveland. They always play Cleveland, play Cleveland every week. They played Cleveland plus five Kelly's guys Shore Sanders at home. I heard the forty nine ers didn't look good last night. That's what my guys told me. They told me that Carolina kind of gave it away. They didn't play a smart game. Is that fair?
Speaker 3: They went to bed at halftime. I think I went to bed after brought party through the interception.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I was listen.
Speaker 3: It's been kind of exhausting me and dog mom. So I just was like, all right, I got a busy day tomorrow. Then we got a late dinner. I didn't care about the game, so I had the Panthers plus seven in the super contests because I was looking for a fifth. When the line went to seven and a half, I was like, well that's a loser.
Speaker 1: You know what was a tough one for me last night. I'm gonna I'm gonna complain my I'm I'm no Kings, I'm anti Kings in a lot of different ways. And the Kings were up. I'm sorry. They were down ten against Minnesota with three minutes left and they won in overtime. It's not good. And that that's after on.
Speaker 2: Saturday thirty five games or something crazy.
Speaker 1: Saturday night, they played at the Denver Nugget and they won in Denver. I know it's it's not when you know what, you got.
Speaker 2: Thirty games, you can win last now they won five games.
Speaker 1: It's not good, man, it's not good. What is?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: I did the show with you on Sunday for Wager Talk Last Call. I was expecting to see Ariel. I really, you know, she's a brother, got like a little.
Speaker 3: Skurfluffel or whatever that fucking thing was fluff I was like, well, I'm not going to tell him.
Speaker 2: I'm filling him for Arel because you just might not show up on last.
Speaker 1: I was smart, uh smart? What we hashed it out live? But you told me that I hashed it out. You told me that your barking dogs had been really good this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yesterday.
Speaker 1: So what is the barking dog this week?
Speaker 3: Well it's Tuesday, and so let me tell you how much handicapping I've gotten done. And I did one, two, three shows yesterday and I had to go to the d m V and I think you know what shows and then I had to go to lunch with Stephanie and have wine.
Speaker 2: So I had to zero hours handicapping.
Speaker 3: So between now and when Chris Thurston gets here, I'm gonna crank some stuff out, and then tomorrow all day after writer's bet appointment, I'm gonna work.
Speaker 1: I think it's it's tough. We always we always do the show Thanksgiving week on Tuesday because we want it to be watchable downloadable on Wednesday, which is the busiest travel day of the year, and it's gotta be all the information has got to be out there before Thursday when the games start. So I think it is important for people to understand that we probably don't have as much information this week recording it on Tuesday afternoon as we normally do on Thursday afternoon. Is that fair to say? Okay, that's fair. You got anything else for me? Or just want to go to the mailbag?
Speaker 3: I know this is the wrong answer about not doing the mail bag a second week in a row, but like.
Speaker 2: I got shit to do.
Speaker 3: Need do we really need to answer these guys questions? I mean, let me see if there's any that we actually.
Speaker 1: Have to answer, run through them real fast.
Speaker 3: Okay, We're going to do some of these and then like people want to see Ryder he's nuts right now, So like I don't know, Okay, So let's we're gonna do the.
Speaker 1: That's a good question to move some of these next week.
Speaker 3: The pink glast guy wants to know what are your all favorite Thanksgiving meals or traditions?
Speaker 1: Go ahead, I don't know, having.
Speaker 3: An absolute other fucking meltdown because my survivor pick lost.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It was like every year.
Speaker 3: I'm really glass this year that I know a Thanksgiving survivor.
Speaker 1: Pick how many Thanksgivings of breads have you ruined?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: So last year really stopped because A.
Speaker 1: Three.
Speaker 2: I don't even remember last year.
Speaker 3: Last my favorite Thanksgiving and I think it was my thirty fifth birthday. I'm not sure. My buddy Chad and I my all my friends were orphans and everywhere to go, so my family came to town. We had a bunch of people over to celebrate my birthday and eat Thanksgiving. I did a huge cheese and wine board and I made him take the Commies as an underdog versus Dallas on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: You made him fucking crushed. I remember that game. That was probably I think that was during the fake pandemic. I think that was in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Okay, isn't it funny? I don't remember. All I remember is that was a great Thanksgiving. Most recently things give.
Speaker 1: You had a gathering. You had a gathering on Thanksgiving of twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: It was my birthday. You're right, it was twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: I know it was.
Speaker 3: That's why there were so many people at my house, because they did everywhere else to go.
Speaker 1: But all the politicians who were gathering with their families told us we shouldn't gather with people.
Speaker 3: Hey, they did, and I told them to fuck off.
Speaker 1: Go ahead.
Speaker 3: What did your favorite Thanksgiving meal or tradition already gave mine?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I guess my ruin is is a tuition like none other.
Speaker 3: We're not taking any of those teams in Survivors.
Speaker 1: That's up to you guys. Man. You guys make the picks. Just tell me what I'm rooting for. It's like when I when I go to the racetrack, you know somebody else, somebody else picks the horses. I'm like, just tell me what to do.
Speaker 2: Really, you don't pick your own ponies.
Speaker 1: I do small, but like when we play in the handicapping contests, I don't know what to do. I'm just like all I ask I give them the money and I just go just text me before the race starts who I'm rooting for, because I don't know anything. I'll be I'll be at del Mar on Friday.
Speaker 2: Sounds awesome. That's all I really got to report.
Speaker 1: That's all you got. All right, Well, we actually, I think we actually gave a lot of plays considering it's Tuesday, to be honest with you. Yeah, so I hope people are satisfied. I made some very inappropriate remarks, and you know, that's just what I am. That's why I am what I am.
Speaker 2: He know us about in the comment section because I don't think.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna, well, I'm not gonna. I don't read any of them.
Speaker 2: You don't read it.
Speaker 3: I try to go in there and read it, and then I just laugh and I'm like, don't even reply, Kelly. It's the same thing as I do on Twitter, just shoving in and see what people say.
Speaker 1: And then I was, well, the only one that there was one that made me laugh because Johnny Boyce sent it to us. The guy the one kid was like, if I had a nickel for every time John interrupted Kelly, I'd have a million dollars. I thought you interrupted me, am, I becoming that much of a fucking blowhard that I'm starting to interrupt you. That's that one was really.
Speaker 2: Funny that I was like.
Speaker 1: Oh, like I know that, like like I know, I'm like a smug and smugness is a really bad quality. And I know I'm like really smug and like a douche, But I didn't know that I interrupted you. Are you do?
Speaker 2: That's really funny. I'm gonna start bringing that word back.
Speaker 1: I haven't heard. She's a great word. All Right, I'm gonna let you get out of here, go enjoy your birthday. I expect to FaceTime for my mom. You better pull yourself together.
Speaker 2: I was hoping to get out. You're sorry, call her back, but you keep talking.