Speaker 1: This episode of Chewing the Cud was filmed before the tragic death of Michelle Trachtenberg. Our thoughts are with everyone who has been impacted by this unexpected loss. You're watching Chewing the Cud is Mike Bennroe and then Smith, and I said.
Speaker 2: There's a big difference between nine inches and nine centimeters and I was not impressed at all the last time I got to that being ce. Oh, hello, you're watching Chewing the Cud, your lighthearted weekly look at the world for a slightly camped pair of opera glasses. I'm Mike ben and Roe and with me today who is back through their own free will? It's Ben Smith.
Speaker 3: Hello, It's true, it is my own free will exactly.
Speaker 2: We've not bribed you or forced you or changed you up since last time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true. I can't confirm.
Speaker 2: Yes. So what have you got for us this week?
Speaker 3: Then? I'm bringing you a story about a well loved LGBTQ I a Plaster Judges new project. And then we're going to play a game I just saw.
Speaker 2: And then then we'll be getting out as mighty instrument and giving it and play for us in spotlight. But on screen. Now we can see our contact details. It's at the cod TV on social media, and if you want to catch up on previous episodes, you can always binges on YouTube. Just look for Chewing the Could.
Speaker 3: You can see the names of people who have reached out and touched our souls going along the bottom of the screen. But for now, it's time for Mic in the buzz.
Speaker 2: When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Speaker 3: Ooh, I wanted to star in my own sitcom. Okay, yeah, I think I was quite obsessed by friends at that time, so like just thought I could make my own version of that. Okay, other jobs, I mean, that was the main one I want to be in at Okay, since a gentleman I were talking about called Tucco okay, it's from Japan, Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: And basically for his entire life he wanted to be something. So he's gone off and he spent the money to become that thing and created a way of sharing it with other people.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So yes, he grew up and he wanted to be a dog, right, so he has spent eleven thousand dollars on becoming a dog. That's him.
Speaker 3: That's him.
Speaker 2: That's him.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: It's impressive, isn't it.
Speaker 3: I mean, that is quite impressive.
Speaker 2: He's also opened a zoo for other people that also want to identify as all the animals, the animal fantasies.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 2: Is this like a that's that's that's another person drinking a coke? Okay, I mean I would say not as not as expensive. Maybe it's just the drinking of the grog slightly scary. Actually it's slightly not quite right. It's the eyes, it's the dead eyes. Yeahah, but yeah. He's opened up his zoo called Taco Taku Zoo h okay, and it allows people to don life felt dog costumes and basically live their life as a kid.
Speaker 3: So you can go and try it out as well before you buy. Try it before you buy. Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 2: Basically, it offers you private sessions and it starts at three hundred and eleven pounds dollars sorry dollars, and it accommodates up to three people per booking, so you forgoing.
Speaker 3: You're only the hookay, so you can bring it all pals for yellow pack yeah lovely, Yeah, sniffer eat shows bums.
Speaker 2: If that's what you want to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what it talks to.
Speaker 2: And gay man, hey do we died and we're thankful for more than people that do that. So yeah, I quite like the idea of being able to go out and try something new. I'm not a fan of going to do it in a zoo. It just feels a little bit I'm going to beat by a tiger.
Speaker 3: Yes, well but wait, are there are actual real animals?
Speaker 2: No, there's not.
Speaker 3: Okay, but it's just that's what it's called. You're a bit scared of that. I mean, well, you know, I mean good for following his childhood dreams to exactly would you be interested in dressing up as an animal? Have you? Have you experience?
Speaker 2: And I have played with the ideas in previous incarnations relationships.
Speaker 3: Not quite for me.
Speaker 2: It's very hot in those suits and I sweat a lot.
Speaker 3: What were you in Armadillo?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, armadillo on the outside, smooth on the inside. That's a very niche reference. Anybody from the eighties and nineties, you'll be going, yeah, everybody else, what the But moving on? One of my favorite people to bitch and wing a belt and you know, wish that they shut up. Yeah, he's I think he's getting in trouble for something, right, everywhere else is going. It's really fascinating. Okay, But what's happened is he sent the car into space seven years ago hmm okay, I remember this, Yeah, and they lost They lost it for a while, couldn't find it, couldn't work out where it had gone. They found it again, okay, which is quite nice. Currently heading towards Mars. Okay, there they go. So it's one of his man is just going to kill as all of me he is. It's literally he's not just littering the planet with his views. He's liftering the world with his ship cars. So it's it's currently like over here, so okay, it's on its way to love this, love this accurate maps. That's there's actually a website now tracks it so they don't lose it again.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: You can tell it's not Elon that's put it in because there's no money in this graphic. This is just paint. It's all circles. But yeah, it's currently playing Rocket Man okay and Space Oddity on repeat. Okay, okay, because why would you not. The downside to this is that they put a dummy and that has listened to both those songs over a million times, right, and also this car is being able to play that music for eight years. His cars can't go two hundred miles about needing a charge, So how is that possible?
Speaker 3: Right, mister trick there?
Speaker 2: I think I think it's definitely mister trick because huh, people are like saying, oh, it's really great that we've managed to find it and stuff. He thinks it which people, yeah, those people, yeah, okay, right, oh my god, Elon, you've found your car. That's amazing. Yeah, you lost it because of all the people with genders, they think it eventually will crash into Mars, right, but they're not sure when cool because it's not a fault that far ahead fly something into there. But of course Elon's trying to fly people to Mars. So what I'm kind of envisionally happening is that as the people in land in Mars going I've set for on Mars, Elon's car comes and smacks into them and kills them. All that teach and if you want to fling something into space and see if it works, why not share that with us? It's at the TV on social media, and that brings us nicely to our story of the week. Now, do you have a side hustle?
Speaker 3: Everything I do is I am nothing but the side side hustles. Yes, said, I've seen side hustling all my life.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you have a fans that only certain people can view?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Not yet, not yet, No, I don't, I do not Okay, I'm planning on it.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know. You don't know. I mean, if if there's any money's we've made in it, then you've.
Speaker 2: Been speaking to front of the show, haven't you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know told me all the ins and outs, so to speak.
Speaker 2: Probably showing you as well. Anyway, this is about a gentleman who on only fans has discovered a way of selling something from his person. Okay, people are desperate to buy, right, what do you think that could be?
Speaker 3: Like something from his person of his front body. So something he produces, hand gestures, he produces this this. Okay, what I mean I'm going to start with com Okay, not not not there, Okay, less that say spit.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're staying very fluidy. It's actually fats. Oh okay, Okay, he's sell so less liquid more gas. Well gas twenty pounds a year he's making selling his own farts. Okay, yeah, basically he's he was, Yeah, he's not an unattractive gentleman. Let's just put that that way. That's that's him selling the location of production. The phrase is yeah, very good visuals exactly. It's like everybody needs a button for a pillow. And that's him being completely natural, not at all, you know, just staring out the window.
Speaker 3: Got quite prottyly fart. I'd imagine.
Speaker 2: Ripyr wallpaper off, wouldn't it. So yeah, he was on his only fans and someone asked him and he went, you know, that's a bit weird, and he went, we'll pay you anyway. Well, I don't care if it's weird now and I started advertising it and selling it, and he's now making twenty thousand pounds a year from justice farts, which I thought was quite you know, nice work if you can get it.
Speaker 3: Mean, do you feel like he's kind of got the niche of that market now, or like, you know, could you start selling yours?
Speaker 2: You see, I think it's part partly about the package. I don't think my farts will sell well to that?
Speaker 3: Why not? Huh? Why not?
Speaker 2: This person obviously goes to the gym once or twice on an occasion, you know, then I go once or twice a lifetime. It's beer belly well paid for, right. I think that the esthetic is part of why they might try, because I produced them on their own.
Speaker 3: Giving them away for free.
Speaker 2: Exactly does anybody want to buy my dog's farts because they stinko?
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, it's interesting what people will pay for.
Speaker 2: Anyway. That's all the buzz this week, Thanks Mike.
Speaker 3: I will never think of farts in the same way again on that think.
Speaker 2: That only works if you're seldom though. Oh yeah, okay, but stay right there, as after this short break, we get upstate with all the celebrity news in showbiz with then welcome back and you're watching you in the cud. This is the part of the show where we look into the sparkly side of the world of celebrity and media in the showbiz with then.
Speaker 3: All right, are you ready for some showers? I am ready gagging for it, pre lubed and everything gosh well done. Makes a difference from last time. That's very gappy. Well your lube is ready for Graham Norson to start with. Okay, yeah, you weren't expecting that way. It's not what I was expecting.
Speaker 2: Slightly concerned that I am actually prelude.
Speaker 3: Now, Well, Graham Norton's got a new show coming up soon. It's an ITV reality series, a right, and this one is called The Neighborhood. So the concept of the show are Graham, he's.
Speaker 2: Not aged that much.
Speaker 3: No, he's yeah doing well, Yeah, yeah I do. Are you a fan of Graham?
Speaker 2: I don't love him. I used to. I used to do like the sow Graham John the early nauticelatic. I love that. I just think he's got a little bit samey, Right, nothing's changed.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe this is the thing. Maybe maybe it's so. The Idea is a twelve part series which will feature real life households living side by side. They engage in social activities and facing challenges designed to test their dynamics. So they'll be staying like in a in a neighborhood I guess, like a fake neighborhood that's been made for the show, and then they will win some sort of prize at the end. So Graham seems very excited by this. He says that he's always intrigued about what goes on behind closed doors, dirty old manouristic, and it's eager to see how these challenges will impact relationships. And he's hoping it's going to become a favorite amongst viewers. So there is a casting call currently if you're interested.
Speaker 2: Okay, two things that he wants it to become a favorite because he wants more money, yes, and the casting call. Mmm, that's exciting.
Speaker 3: That is exciting. I mean, have you ever thought about doing a bit of reality TV?
Speaker 2: I a long time ago applied for and got quite far in Big Brother? Oh wow, Okay, I had to drop out because of situations, but it was the year before Kinger.
Speaker 3: That could have been new.
Speaker 2: It could have been me on a lord with a wine bottle and that's what you did for your audition tape by her. No, it wasn't a wine bottle, it was a cask.
Speaker 3: I mean, yes, Well, there are actually comparisons to Big Brother in this, so maybe it's time to get that cast out. And oh, I could do too. You've been in training exactly, say the wide cellar.
Speaker 2: You're worried?
Speaker 3: Would you be okay with like living alongside and doing challenges with neighbors.
Speaker 2: On the neighbors see I've got I've got some great neighbors right in the seventies and eighties, either side, right, both death as posts. Okay, so I can make as much noise as I want and do.
Speaker 3: Disco ball.
Speaker 2: This disco ball is trying to kill me, keeps throwing itself at me, much like nobody.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Then we come back on. So, yeah, my neighbor's ancient and crumbly, be nice and loud, right, but the zebra parcel, I'll get it delivered to one of my neighbors. And then a call from my neighbors that I've got your parcel. Don't you worry? You let me know when you come home from work. It's brilliant.
Speaker 3: Great, Well, maybe you should audition with these neighbors for the show. Bring them in. That'd be fun. Well, you know, we look forward to seeing her all turns out on the TV. Maybe seeing you on that show. No.
Speaker 2: Twelve twelve episodes.
Speaker 3: Twelve episodes.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's a lot of time.
Speaker 3: A bit much, yes, a bit much? Have you and tell isn't it exactly? Okay? So number two on the show is did you ever watch Big Boys?
Speaker 2: The finishes? Because that might change the answer.
Speaker 3: The comedy series, but is not you've been watching? No did?
Speaker 2: I did watch it because it had the boyfriend Dairy Girls and it Yes.
Speaker 3: Dylan Llewellyn Llewellyn, I think that's what I said. Yes, So Channel four comedy series and so there's there has been to two series of it. We're now getting into the third series. Did you enjoy it?
Speaker 2: I quite enjoyed it because the overarching story is about a gay guy and a straight guy who best friends. Yeah, and you don't see that enough on TV. Right, It happens all the time in real life, but you don't see that portrayed on TV. It's always segregating into the gays and the straights and the trans and it's never the mixing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, which I quite like. So it's a very sweet, like very funny, very sweet and kind of like heartfelt like little TV show.
Speaker 2: I cried a little bit. Yeah I did too, especially the first season when the mum goes it comes out to his mum and the mum walks off, I'm spoiling it. But it's been out for a year, so it's too late. She comes back and says, here's the box that your dad said and we knew and yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's really good. It's very funny, very sweet. Well so that yeah, the third twos is coming and it's been given more critical praise, not just from you, but also from Russell t D's okay, so you know Russell friends of the show. I imagine, oh, I.
Speaker 2: Wish we do keep writing to remove the restraining order.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so yeah, so he has said is a masterpiece as the final season comes out, and highlighting its blend of humor and emotional depth as we were just discussing there and The Guardian loaded it is beautiful and heartbreaking, emphasizing its significant impact on modern British comedy. So Jack Rooke is the creator of the show, and it's like expressed lots of sort of gratitude for this positive reception. But yeah, I think you know, it's another great show which is not a great example of LGBTQ plus representation in media. I guess, well, Russell's Queer's Folk obviously being one of the first shows I ever remember that kind of depicted queer.
Speaker 2: Life, graphic queer graphic queer life wasn't born.
Speaker 3: Yeah, still remember it very well to this day. Yeah, what other other shows have we just say have kind of helped in this representation.
Speaker 2: So especially from Russell t doctor who yeah, absolutely right, whereas got dark behind you, behind you, there's a thing. I'm a hoovi and we know right he did that Cucumber, Yes, cumber, Yeah, yeah, I couldn't remember them all, but that was brilliantly done as well, that one with all the Alexander in it where he died.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's a sin as well.
Speaker 2: It's a sin. Yes, another beautifully well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, beautiful, but yeah, like room for more. I think also like this, so you're like, you're saying, it's nice to see like a straight and gay character. Their friendship also discusses mental health quite a bit as well, like, yeah, there's not just one queer story, right, there's lots. We're very multifaested.
Speaker 2: It's almost like we're a community of individuals per've just been shoved together.
Speaker 3: Yes, well, so looking forward to three Season three? Okay, are you ready for your final.
Speaker 2: I am braced the lubers dried out though.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, I'm sorry to hear that, but maybe this will get you wet if you were a fan of the show in the nineties. Okay, so I'm going to try and make you try and guess what the show is. But my description of when I was watching it, so I think it was after tad Mate.
Speaker 2: Biker Grove, not.
Speaker 3: Biker Grove, but I think maybe the same channel. And it was so right about seven o'clock in the evening. I think I had come on. I think maybe every weekday night. It was an American show.
Speaker 2: Disco Ball's gone again. I don't know where it's going. We're out at disco Ball, sorry, peeps. So seven pm, seven pm on a weekday American America High School, Saved by the Bell no More sexy and murderous, well sexy murderous nine.
Speaker 3: There was like a really good guitar theme and like theme tuner is like brown, no.
Speaker 2: Special musician.
Speaker 3: I didn't write the theme vampires.
Speaker 2: Ah, right now, Buffy the vampires. So you said vampires and that was if you'd have gone got it straightway?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there we are there, Sarah, where are you?
Speaker 2: A fan? Loved it, okay, loved it all the way through an Angel an Angel, even the spin off with Angel it was awful.
Speaker 3: Loved watching that. It was awful but also great. Well, there's been chat about maybe having a reboot.
Speaker 2: That is what we have thought about booting before.
Speaker 3: Well, it seems like this is actually kind of moving forward a little bit more because Sarah herself there she has has confirmed the development of a Buffy the Vampire Slayer reboot more than two decades after the original series. So it could be that it's more of like she's there is a bit of a mentor there's a new Slayer kind of coming in.
Speaker 2: So she killed them all off in the last one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well yeah, just none left to guess, just new new.
Speaker 2: If it's a reboot, they're not start the story, aren't they start from the end?
Speaker 3: Oh that reboot? Yeah? Okay, so it's a reboot as opposed to.
Speaker 2: It's not a sequel sequel Yeah, okay, okay, Yeah, Well I wonder if there'll be any of the other original casts then maybe not. Well, there probably won't be any the vampires in it because they've all aged or yeah, problematic vampires don't age and it's like, oh, look, these people of aged twenty years. How's that happened.
Speaker 3: I would love to see Spike again on my screen.
Speaker 2: I think, yes, we Spike by angel I like the burly.
Speaker 3: No, it's Spike for me, bad bad boy energy, with that Drew Sill blonde.
Speaker 2: Well when she went to university and then they had the Army cadets. Do you remember that when they had the army people and the must league boys in the military.
Speaker 3: It feels like I shouldn't remember that it was it was worth a story arc. If we get reboots, we can relive all these great moments. All right, Well that is all from the show this week.
Speaker 2: Well thanks for that, Ben. Always nice to know that something is actually coming back when we say it is.
Speaker 3: You are very welcome, but don't go anywhere. Als coming up. We have a game for you to play along with in our game.
Speaker 2: Of the week, welcome back to Cheering. They could with me, Mike, Ben in Roe and Ben Smith. Now it's that part of the show where we play a game, and this one is for the man who is trying not to prove to us that he's really Scottish.
Speaker 3: It's try not to do that again.
Speaker 2: Of the week. So then has got a ray of cards in front of him as we play myth or no myth? Are you ready then?
Speaker 3: Okay? Question one. Warts can be an inherited, so they're not hereditary in the genetic sense, but because they're a subcontagious thing that can then pass by touch and stuff. So no, no, no, well that is correct because it is a myth. That is a myth. You spotted that myth.
Speaker 2: And the toad is you can't get waters from a toad, No, as.
Speaker 3: Much as you try and.
Speaker 2: Snob them, unless you're trying SnO them. Okay, they don't add princess. Well, toads if you are certain toads, if you lick their hallucinogenic huh not in this country. Don't lick toads, people, I don't.
Speaker 3: That's my Saturday night plans started. Okay, that's the next one.
Speaker 2: Another one on the same card, on the same one.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, speaking of licking all your taste buds are on your tongue, No.
Speaker 2: Because I can still always taste it.
Speaker 3: That is correct.
Speaker 2: You see. Do you thought I was just being filthy?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a myth. Where else are your taste pose then?
Speaker 2: I told you?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm anywhere else in my arm pits? Mm hmm Is that true?
Speaker 2: I don't know where else are they?
Speaker 3: I don't know yours, you don't know. I don't know. No, I don't have the facts card.
Speaker 2: Should we get the next question, I would I would like a left top, please, a left top, A lefty top, a leftop?
Speaker 3: Okay, great, okay, m hmm. Number one AIDS was created by the CIA as a biological weapon. Is this a myth or not?
Speaker 2: Donald trumply writing these cards?
Speaker 3: That is a myth. It is indeed a myth. Yes, as much as some people would like to. Yeah, perhaps rubbing butter onto a burn helps minimize the damage.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is gonna be one of those things that turned out to be true, but it shouldn't have been, so it's gonna say true.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say true. It is not true. It is a myth.
Speaker 2: Okay, don't go rubbing butter because you'll just get a delicious tasting burn. The last thing of what to do is make your skin after you've colked it delicious during that burner.
Speaker 3: Burns. Well, doc and leaves, that's what we use for stinging nettles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's just because dot leaves, alkaline and netals poisonous is acids are just neutralized.
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 2: But that only really works if you get the sting out as well. There we go educational exactly cool. Shall I have a middle bottom?
Speaker 3: Please? A middle bottom? Yeah, okay, here we go, right, Panama hats actually originated in Ecuador.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 3: That is true. Do you know I knew that one.
Speaker 2: I do not wear hats. I am one of those people that you put a hat on, it always looks weird. I got a weird shaped face, right, nothing to do with the head shape it No, it's it's my face. It's not the head shape, but it's weird. It's my face shape. And you put a hat on here, it just looks a bit strange. What about you?
Speaker 3: What about you?
Speaker 2: I can see you wearing a fedora.
Speaker 3: I did go for a phase of my twenties of wearing hats quite a lot, like the America white hats. Yeah, like massive. Yeah. I lived in a habitash Roe. Wait is that do we make hats habitashros No, Milliner, what the haberdashers do.
Speaker 2: And they have like the little bottoms and zips and little disen things.
Speaker 3: See, I was living in the wrong shop.
Speaker 2: I like, would habitashary my favorite word, Harabodashroan sounds it sounds like it could be rude good up to Habitashan. I did take it up with the haberdasher, she said, no, shall we get the next.
Speaker 3: Question from haberdashers to blinds. Venetian blinds actually originated in Japan. Yes, that's true, that is true.
Speaker 1: I'm good at this.
Speaker 2: I'm good today.
Speaker 3: Have you been to Japan? I've not.
Speaker 2: Japan is on my bucket list. I want to go in May when the blossoms are happening. Oh yeah, so you get to watch the cherry blossoms AND's got beautiful, very romantic.
Speaker 3: Can't imagine.
Speaker 2: I don't want to go through to romantic.
Speaker 3: Okay, just got me on my own going.
Speaker 2: It is romantic. But one of my friends there, I said, well, there's a part of England where you can go and live in in the cherry bossom fields and they've got like lots of cherry trees and you can walk on and it's like being in Japan. Where is it. Oh it's down south towards Cornwall, not like Japan, and.
Speaker 3: Is it no? Quite different.
Speaker 2: It's very different in Japan.
Speaker 3: But you could get a nice scorn afterwards.
Speaker 2: Do you know how you're supposed to work out whether you pronounce it's scone or scone. No, it's scone until you've eaten it, and then it's gone, I'll have a side please breach, Yes, okay, any side in chickler, I don't do'n't mind the side of it. Just matter.
Speaker 3: Right here we go. It's aside from the top right fit to wear company Nike, Nike, Nike, Nike, Nike will give you a free prayer of trainers if you send them your old worn out pair. No, no, you've tried, have you? No?
Speaker 2: That's that just doesn't make sense because they charge a fortune for the shoes, right, we can get them off wish for a fiber. Don't get off wish for fiber. It just doesn't make sense as a business model.
Speaker 3: No, yes, they would quickly run out, no money left money. Yeah, it is indeed to me, Fred. Next one is also she related. Doc Martin's shoes were invented by a doctor in the German Army in World War Two named Klaus Martin's.
Speaker 2: I feel that's true.
Speaker 3: I feel it's true.
Speaker 2: I feel it because it feels like the right thing to be true. I don't say true.
Speaker 3: Well, your feelings are correct, is indeed true? Do you own any Doc Martins?
Speaker 2: I used to wear that as a lot as a teenager because it was the nineties and then they started coming up with all the great, wonderful, colorful ones. And because it was the nineties and second twenty eight was a thing, I couldn't wear any of the fulm colorful ones. So I kind of fall out with them. Call that trauma. They related to trauma story. It's a sort of storage. I'm assuming you are couple of pets.
Speaker 3: I don't. Actually I do own a variety of boots, but not Doc Martin's them open up to sponsorship.
Speaker 5: Though, Ben Smith sponsored by Would you like another I would I'd like a middle top piece.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's go this one here. The Great Wall of China is the only man made object that is visible from the moon. We've heard this before, But is it true or myth? Not true? Not true? It is not true. That isn't myth. I'm afraid sorry.
Speaker 2: See lots of ship from the moon.
Speaker 3: There is more computing power in a sunny PlayStation than there was in the NASA computer at the time of the first moon landing.
Speaker 2: How we're measuring power.
Speaker 3: In watts? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's try. There is more processing power in a PlayStation that was than the computers into the moon. So I'm going to say, yes, that is true.
Speaker 3: When you say power.
Speaker 2: It depends on lots of different things, so it Latin actual physical ability.
Speaker 3: To do things.
Speaker 2: The massive computers winds, but actual processing speeds great.
Speaker 3: It seems like you've thought about this before.
Speaker 2: It's it's about eky things, really, I mean, because it was always the thing about the scientific calculators you had at school had more computing power than they had to send people to the moon because a lot of it was done manually, pencils and.
Speaker 6: That sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: I'm not exciting, very exciting. Can I have the second one from the third one on the right place.
Speaker 3: At the top, The second one from the third one on the word at the top, second one from the third one on the Do you mean the fifth one?
Speaker 2: I was just saying, if you go along, I'll say no, you're just having this one.
Speaker 3: It's the patron Saint of dancers.
Speaker 2: True.
Speaker 3: You came in quite strong, now, very strong. I'm afraid it's actually a myth. Sorry anyway, that's.
Speaker 2: Enough for now. Enough, Now we're done. Coming up after this short break, we're gonna get ready to be entertained with then in spotlight, Welcome back, And you're still watching Mike convening, chewing the cud. Now we've sent him off to our special performance area. As vengers a take of his musical instrument in Spotlight with burn me.
Speaker 7: It's only me in this room, sleep and fear dost I consume.
Speaker 6: So wait for the rain to wash me away. Wait for the rain, but it never.
Speaker 8: Ever comes. Desire.
Speaker 7: I've locked in my bones.
Speaker 9: So I've made it my home, funny to forget where I'm from. Strange to realize you're gone.
Speaker 7: So burn, burn, burn, burn.
Speaker 10: Me, so I can run run free. A picture I see of myself, all these notes I kept on a shevel. Oh, when I was young, I was sorry, Hi Ober.
Speaker 8: When to die?
Speaker 4: Become scared off the sun? Desire I have locked in my bones, sorow. I've made it my home, funny to forget where I'm from. Strange to be lies You're gone, the sober.
Speaker 7: Burden, burned, bir and me.
Speaker 11: So I can run, run, run free, So burn burn, burn burn so I can run, run, run free, So burn burn, burn, burning, so I can run, run, run free.
Speaker 12: It's only me.
Speaker 8: In this room, sleep and fear dust, I consume, so well, wait for.
Speaker 12: The rain to wash me away? Oh, Wow, wait for the rain, but it never ever comes.
Speaker 2: Wow. Such a powerful song. What's the main message there?
Speaker 3: Well, this is a song that I wrote a while ago, and that was it's really about like those moments where you lose confidence in yourself and realizing that you need to kind of knock down some walls or burn down some walls as the song goes to kind of get yourself back to where you need to be. And so, yeah, it's a little bit about just that that process of kind of realizing like, do you know what, nobody's coming to save you. You're going to do it yourself. Sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get that beautiful song, thank you very much. So you're gonna get another one out for us now. I believe this one's called Soba.
Speaker 7: Trying to get home, feeling a loone, I don't know where I have been.
Speaker 8: And bovo this a long.
Speaker 6: To begin.
Speaker 3: You must forgive our John scared time.
Speaker 7: In inside are lies?
Speaker 3: But can we do this?
Speaker 7: So feel the things momant to be you? The party is can we let the music?
Speaker 9: He oh, I cannot stop fast time, I'm bolling bother lights.
Speaker 12: Give you a more child, and can we do that?
Speaker 2: So few the things meant to be you.
Speaker 7: I'm scared you say strip away.
Speaker 13: I don't know if we'll be left, all these fears, all the easy we didn't even catch bad?
Speaker 7: Can you feel this high?
Speaker 2: It is this real, real life?
Speaker 13: And can we do this?
Speaker 6: So over?
Speaker 7: Feel the things we're meant to be? The my isn't Can we let the music?
Speaker 3: He?
Speaker 7: Oh, I can't stop? Last night a bulling bottle line.
Speaker 2: Give a more child?
Speaker 7: And can we do this?
Speaker 4: Burn?
Speaker 2: Feel the things are meant to feel?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 6: So bird.
Speaker 7: Is instrumental? Bird?
Speaker 8: Can we let the music?
Speaker 7: Oh? Stop last night? I fall in bother lies?
Speaker 3: Give you am shine?
Speaker 6: So Bird.
Speaker 2: Feel the things romantic?
Speaker 13: And can we do this?
Speaker 7: So feel the things? Moment to feel?
Speaker 2: That was very high energy. I loved it. So I have a sneaking fish. I can guess what that's about.
Speaker 3: But what is it about? Yes, well, there might be some clues in the title.
Speaker 2: Do you know?
Speaker 3: It was? Actually I wrote it when I was dating this guy, and it was literally a question that I was kind of starting to ask, was like, I don't know if we can actually do this relationship sober? So like I kind of started from that point but then realized that a lot of like queer life is also based around being out and being in the pubs and being in the clubs. And I wondered, yeah, just where is that line of like can we kind of just be ourselves if I happen to be out having the most amazing time ever? And yeah, can we just kind of live our lives sober in like in all the kind of ways really like just really like as a bit of a metaphor for like just being ourselves? And yeah, it started off as a very like acoustic guitar soul searching song, and then in the studio was like, actually, no, I wanted to be like a song that I'll dance to when I'm playing it and performing it to kind of you know, get that the contrast, I guess between the meaning and the performance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, perfect, that's perfect. Thank you Ben, and thank you for watching. Don't forget. You can always find us on social media. We're at the Cud TV and of course on YouTube you can binge us. Just look for Chewing the Cud. That's a players out. Then is going to give us another one of his bangers. What's the next one called?
Speaker 3: Then? This one is called jumper Jump.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll take it. Away then.
Speaker 7: Sometimes I.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it.
Speaker 7: Sometimes I don't know.
Speaker 13: So I.
Speaker 3: I swear I.
Speaker 7: Will say this quietly, so don't get scared.
Speaker 8: I would win you jump?
Speaker 2: How long play.
Speaker 11: Songs with their.
Speaker 7: Love? How long.
Speaker 6: You love me?
Speaker 3: Who wanna be?
Speaker 13: You?
Speaker 7: Wanna be? Your person? My singer?
Speaker 3: My the song.
Speaker 7: I sing off life I live?
Speaker 3: It's wrong?
Speaker 7: I should I say this quietly or shout it? How on away you?
Speaker 4: Jumper?
Speaker 7: Hell on?
Speaker 2: Pay sounds?
Speaker 7: When are you hale? Hell on the sound?
Speaker 6: Lempathy?
Speaker 7: Who want to be?
Speaker 3: Who want to be your person?
Speaker 6: Do their where?
Speaker 2: Jumper?
Speaker 4: Hell on a play.
Speaker 7: Sounds? When a here?
Speaker 3: How man