Speaker 1: Well, hello, everybody is Thursday, July tenth, twenty twenty five. This is Sparta. I mean host Jason straight Horn along my co host Cedric.
Speaker 2: Swerve and Irving.
Speaker 3: Hit him with the swerve, Hit him with the swerve, hit him with the short straight what's going on?
Speaker 2: Brother? Hey?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: Hey, can't call him man like living good man. It's uh, it's summer. Football camp is upon us. It's coming. It's coming. He ain't coming fast enough because I know we're sitting around wondering what we're doing. All we see is baseball on TV, which is a great sport, and golf. Right now, brother, I'm jonesing for a little bit of you know, some more action.
Speaker 2: How you feeling right now? You what feenan? Oh? Okay? What what Jones? That that's some in Anianapolis. U.
Speaker 1: No, that's oh Jones. And I gotta love Jones for your body and your skin. Go five minutes alone. Come on, man, you know what?
Speaker 2: Okay? Okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Hey, brother, man, And I'm sorry. I know you got a good heart. You you know.
Speaker 2: Damn baseball, Damn ball.
Speaker 3: I think I think the majority, it's gotta be over seventy five percent in the world.
Speaker 2: Can't wake the football start in a few weeks.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, not just not just former athletes, not just blacks.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about seventy five percent of the world.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, Why not just blacks.
Speaker 2: Straight? Just so much excitement.
Speaker 3: Then you got the NFL going on over yonder the player you know, you got you got a little leads start.
Speaker 2: Do you see little lead down there? And they County Brown County. Oh man, I said, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: The twenty thirty ones. I mean they looking at quarterbacks from twenty thirty. They talking about the twenty thirty one class.
Speaker 3: You got straight, you got, you got ten year old nine they call it nine.
Speaker 2: You now and all that.
Speaker 3: You got these kids traveling to go play other teams in other state. Yeah, this is what pop waner. Look, they don't even call Pop Warner. They took pop one out of it from where I'm from. Like, but man, it just it's just everybody loves football. Like on Facebook, right, they got this chat down down to Dad County thing. It's called Downtown Down Down South Sports or whatever. You got the women. You got the women talking. They talk about football in the little leagues Like it's just it's just football, man, football.
Speaker 2: Do it for me.
Speaker 3: Damn basketball all the other ship. I want football on all level. They even got women football. I sent you the video.
Speaker 2: I want to go live.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we gotta go live with the women. Oh, I gotta go live with everybody. Welcome to the Special Call in Show. If you have any questions, please raise your hand in the chat and you know, Producer Shine's gonna send you a link so you can actually join me and swear right here on the show and talk to us in color. And I asked whatever questions you want, you know, put it in the chat. Hey, you gotta raise your hands and then we'll work it out from there. This is a technology space.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: This is the era that we're in and we can do things like that. This is your first time watching the show. We want to welcome you and this is not we thank you for your loyalty. And please don't forget to click the light and subscribe. Buttons helps a whole lot, don't cost you a thing, and follow us on all of our social media platforms at this is Sparta, MSU. Let is know where you're watching from. You know he's working. Nobody does it like Woody does it. Woody Aloha from Hawaii. I've seen his post on Facebook, like he's looking forward to Friday, but Thursday.
Speaker 2: Who you got to watch Woody Monday through Sunday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, but Woody wood It wood It is a bad man, but Wooded back in his days.
Speaker 2: I'm glad he set my peer request.
Speaker 3: I love I love Wooded pay and then you got to look at it is what they call it, this quotes or is captures.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh the man he's a poet. Yeah, he is a poet. He's a poet. He's a smooth dude. Man. That's my uncle Woody man.
Speaker 1: Up coming out there do a special spot MSU show from Live from Hawaii and he could bring all the party favors.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we're gonna keep it moving.
Speaker 1: So we are jam packed show a lot of stuff to talk about, even though it is the summertime and we have, you know, not a lot of sports in play, but there's a lot of things going on behind the scenes with sports setting the table. But what we're gonna see coming in August real soon for football. But before we continue with that, first his messages from our friends over at Grave matter exchange matter, just like.
Speaker 4: A bad player can cost your team the game Overpaying for shipping can cost your business gray matter. Exchange your all star team for shipping savings will help you score big with up to thirty percent savings on your ups and costs.
Speaker 1: So if you got that course light right there, this is Corse like moment brought to you by the official beer of This is Spartan Mans your course. M yes, sir, you know, speaking the chords like man, we got people like oh basketball players. Man at the moneyball prof am you know, started back in June twenty fourth, but it's still going right now over at Hope High School. You know, talk about what you've been seeing. You've got some highlights posted on a YouTube page if you want to go check it out. This is Sparta Masshe YouTube. But lots of lots of action going on with the players.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I saw that a few years ago, man, And I also saw one in Flint one time, being down there with my team and to see those guys come back. You know, I also saw that, what's the guy from Flint that played with the lay because I think his mom played in the in the League two or something, big, tall, light skinned guy. He had a team where he was a coach. I think he's from Flint. Uh, what's the with the guy Shock always used to pick on the guy Shack he used tall seven foot of man from Flint.
Speaker 2: McGee. Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: So he had a team And what I was going with that was just to see those guys come back and play man and it's exciting to watch.
Speaker 2: And also they let I remember one time, I think last year, my team something, Yeah, my team something played last year and had twenty some points in the game. So that's a good thing. Man. I like it. I went there that had it back in my dad, I would have gave him a triple double. I love it going card looking good.
Speaker 1: I saw that Aiden child showed up last week a special guy, and there what he just showed.
Speaker 3: He didn't play. Oh support his boys, you know, yeah, you better sit his ass down. I hope he had some ice. Oh yeah, I'm on him straight. I took the bet with Vegas. Oh okay, okay, so you took that six five and over its five and a half. The line is five and a half. Now I gotta look at my ticket five. I thought I took it last year. Got I still got time to take it. I gotta see I give him a drone ready. So when we started practicing two and a half weeks or whenever we start, I'm gonna make my assessments from there.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, all right, okay, all right. So you haven't done it yet. We still have to have that. We're gonna go down every game and see, you know, you know what the outcome is gonna be as we did a year ago, me and you and.
Speaker 3: Corey straight right right, and I would have won that, don't you know? In that in that program, don't they call it program, it was a kid that he had fifty points. Fifty points, so it was no defense play. You talking about ken Is In one of the program games that was the Moneyball.
Speaker 2: Moneyball?
Speaker 3: Oh really yeah, guy here fifty points man, tray Ford, tray Ford or something like that.
Speaker 2: You got the green light, You absolutely got the green light.
Speaker 1: In the program and something like this, you know, hosted by at TG the Ghost. You know, this is one of those things man, that guys are just getting there and getting their juices flowing and being in front of the crowd and you know, showing off some of the work they doing in the summer. I did see that Missis State basketball is doing some work now. They starting to do some more organized workouts. Head coach Tom Izzo is working with a lot of the boys making sure they said they're gonna run like they never run before.
Speaker 2: You think about MSU basketball going forwards.
Speaker 3: Well you got I don't know if you got a sour taste in your mouth because I don't really know the level of confidence in our basketball team, you know what I mean, meaning you know we going to seasons we know, like shit, we definitely fight a four.
Speaker 2: Like when when the last time we had one of those teams. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So and I say that to say like like what.
Speaker 2: Is this team? We don't know? You know, I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't tell you who thought Richardson would have been one of the top players. You know what I'm saying. He didn't even start at the beginning. So it's like, I don't know. But on that note, I saw, like I saw the Duke team working out, and it's funny to watch basketball players work out, you know, running the heel and they were pulling the rope and and all that type of stuff. I mean, it was just so cute, you know, those basketball players they work out.
Speaker 2: It's just so cute.
Speaker 3: But yeah, but with the basketball team, I don't know, Like, I don't know what to expect. So last year I was happy with the season because you look at the year before. I don't think we've been consistent where we like we're the team to beat. Mm hmm, We're not there. You know, we're not that team right now. Oh we won that team last year or the you know. So I don't know what dispect, but I'm hoping for the best because I believe greed.
Speaker 2: So let's see, that's see why.
Speaker 1: You know, the big injury to Caleb Glenn from FAU that was that's a tough blow for Michigan State. They try to figure out a way to kind of, I guess, substitute his production that he would have brought to the table. Cohen Carr looks to have a really big season. But you lose Jace Richardson and you lose uh, you know what's my man name went to n C State. You know, you know we lost him. I'm thinking about losses, but you know we still have we still have guys that are gonna be very capable from the basketball side.
Speaker 2: Of things, you know, to get things done.
Speaker 1: You know, last year, I guess like you said that, Jack, Jason wasn't looking that as a start at the beginning. But obviously he took the point first round to the Orlando Magic and he didn't look back.
Speaker 2: You know, he had a hell of a season. Let me ask you this question.
Speaker 1: You know, so someone came out, Yeah, Trey Hollman, Trey Hamlon, Trey.
Speaker 2: That's right. You know what, Tyson?
Speaker 3: You are right, Tyson, you got damn it, you are right, Tyson?
Speaker 2: You all right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tyson, We're gonna get to your question right here in a minute. We talk about my team. Please, we did see that, and we're gonna definitely talk about that, Tyson. We are doing that.
Speaker 2: But Jason has a brother swerve. Yeah, and so so we.
Speaker 1: Got Jason Richardson who had Jace, and then Jason also had Jackson with there we go, and he dropped the top ten. Right, what's the thought on this top ten? I see a top ten? It does not include Michigan State.
Speaker 2: You know my thoughts on that straight. I'm gonna tell you a quick story.
Speaker 3: You know, I got this guy man I went to school with, you know, back in ninety six, and I played football with him. Strong guy, big ass head, pitching toe bow legged. You know, hell of a father though, Oh man, hell of her dad trained his kids. You know, kids worked their ass off to the point. Man, he moved from Michigan all over the world. He did it. Man, a man of hell of a daddy. He was a hell of a coach. He trained his kids well to the point that his kid put itself in a position at one of the top high schools in the country to be able to go wherever he wanted to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's my oh boy. You you may not know him, but I know him. Good dude. Man.
Speaker 3: He ain't talking to me much in school, but right now, boy, we like please boy we woah, that's my nick.
Speaker 2: But listen, So how I feel about it is.
Speaker 3: Jay Richardson, Jack's Richardson, whatever Jay you want to call him, can go with he want to go, can put it whoever is top ten where you want to go?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? Cause one thing about it Michigan.
Speaker 3: State worked for his dad, kind of work for his brother too, but guess what, he wanted to do his own path. So I salute the kid. I'm proud of the kid because my son went to the high school his senior year. So it's like, do what you gotta do, do what you want to do. You work your ass off, make your own choices.
Speaker 2: Damn it.
Speaker 1: Mmm put those Put that top ten back up there one more time, producer, Seine, if you can. So, we got Alabama, Miami, Villanova, I don't know who the poirate is. Oh, you guys can help me with that old mess. Michigan USC another team I'm not sure of. You got Louisville and Cincinnati in no Michigan State. Those two teams, I'm not sure. It sounds like he just Michigan says nothing on the table for Jackson. That's what we're talking about. That's what's fair here.
Speaker 3: So now I want to ask the world this and all these haters out there that talk about what's the word, they say, we was dis running what they.
Speaker 2: Call us this grunnel. Yeah, there you go. Yeah like those people.
Speaker 3: So if Jason Richardson's son do not come to Michigan State, do y'all take away the points that he scored at Michigan State, or he come back for a reunion, do you boo him if you if you want a job there will you not give him a job because his son may go to another school.
Speaker 2: I'm just accent. I mean, I don't know. We live, so I say I seen a picture.
Speaker 1: There was a picture post that I don't know if it was real or not only just AI. It's hard to tell the difference between reality and AI nowadays. But there's a picture of Jason Jackson and mom. And Jason had the full you know, he had the whole hook up on amazing the logos and everything. That's what we gotta get Jason on the on the show so we can talk about that, you know, because we vibe with Jason. I mean, it's it's all good and do any think for your kids. But he had it longos on and you should have seen the comments for a national champion, by the way, a guy who went into the NBA played his asshole. I mean, one of the better players, you know, one of the most electric players in the NBA, and he sent his son to Michigan State. He goes first round to the Magic But you should see the comments. You can find that picture and read the comments from some of those nameless people out there. Man, it'll it'll tickle your fancy. I'll tell you that swerve. Look, you gotta slut the young man from being able to play his own trip. It looks like he's gonna be all right. Looking at that top ten, he's gonna be all right. I saw Alabama in there, I saw Miami, I saw miss whatever, you know, wherever he decides to go, Hats off to young It looks like he's a high flyer, got a little bit more athleticism and Lincoln than Jason Jase did. And he's more like his dad, a little bit more of a slasher. You know, hasn't filled out yet, but man, he's just what is he? A twenty twenty six?
Speaker 2: Is that what he is? Right?
Speaker 3: And down there at Miami Columbus, which you know, those that he joined the team, but those guys won four state championships in the row. Not saying must Florida basketball, but to do that. You know, he played along the side of the Bruce Boozer brothers, and you know, and and talks down there with some guys you know, still close with they saying that the younger brother is more athletic than the older brother.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, So Jackson is a little bit more athletic looking at looking at the highlights, you can see something and we'll get into that. We're gonna have the whole show talking about breaking down. Look, we're gonna follow some of the sparting Dog's children too, no matter where they end up, just to do that. Just look, it's all up. It's a different world we're living in right now with college athletics, you know, Swerve, it's different. You know, there's a lot of things happening to that point.
Speaker 3: You know what straight I had this question and I was going to ask it at the end, and I know you're like going live yet.
Speaker 2: But it's kind of question and it's also pats on the back, and it's all around the around the country.
Speaker 3: But right now I want to salute those former athletes at MSU as a parent because I did much research to day in the steam room.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 3: You know, you got guys like Jason, you know what I mean, two sons are doing well. You go down the line of we just got a legacy in the right guard, you know that played on our team. You know, we got guys like Plexico Berbers who at nor the Dame and his daughter's one of just got Ohio State offers doing great in basketball.
Speaker 2: You know you got a robt Smith.
Speaker 3: You know who got two you got twins that's doing great, got offers. And also I think his older daughter played soccer in high school and college. I think it's well, you know you got my team Kleees. You know my tem Klee's son is one of the top twenty eight one hundred, one hundred players in the in the in basketball coming out. And then I uh, uh, Charlie Bell, you know his son was a good basketball player, played down there Westminster, went to school with my sons them, and uh, I mean, and I look at Cooper, William Cooper, he's doing a hell of a job where his kids they're gonna be top atht least when they come.
Speaker 2: And salute to you. You know you're doing the hell of a job, you know, and your.
Speaker 3: Your kids are fulfilling their dream. And you ain't about me right now, But my question wash And I was gonna wait till the end, but I know you're a smart guy, and it could be in the chat as well. I want to know what's the difference because I always tell my kids, I wish I had a me in my life because the oil that I pour into them, but positive and negative and training them and being there, correct to them and laughing with them because I didn't have that. And I'm looking at these former athletes kids that's you know, progressing and doing their things. Is it is it that the former athletes giving back to their child what they learned, what they know, or some that grew up without a dad like myself, what they missed and what you would have done.
Speaker 2: You see who I'm trying to go.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to make it as a question or whatever it is, because like I said, I want to salute these parents and athletes because they're doing a hell of a job with their kids. Yeah, you gotta be blessed with a talent, a right, but as a dad, you know, like you see what I'm trying to go with it because I didn't have a dad of mind. My dad didn't take me training. My dad didn't tell me, you know, work out every day. You know when people sleeping train, they tell me to you know, looking man, And I ain't have none of that, right, but now you know, be in my kids life to train them, motivate them, to guide them. They also blessed with talent, But now you know top whatever this in this boomboard, the same thing with the team U and all these So is it that we're pouring back in them into them and we're coaching them and we guiding them what we know and what we learn, And it's like for me, I'm also doing what I wish I had as a day you know, my dad would have did with me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's I mean, that's a good question. You know.
Speaker 1: Is it just the fact that they're they're they're good athletes because they're coming from the genetic pool, or is it some of this attributed to the experiences of the father that it's involved with the child.
Speaker 2: That's what you're that's what you're saying. Yeah, I knew you you are breaking down. I was just throwing it out there like so.
Speaker 1: You yeah, and you know, I think time will tell. But I do believe that when you look at pedigree when the scouts, NBA scouts, NHL scouts, MLB scouts, absolutely, NFL scouts, when they look at pedigree, it genetics has a lot to do with it, but it's also the ability to know what's coming and to be able to overcome the adversity and some of the adversity that you face. You know, you say you didn't have you didn't have a certain thing growing up, but you did have adversity in your situation. You know, some of these kids that there's some guys who you know, you and I have played with, played a long time in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Right that, look, they.
Speaker 1: May or may not be if they're not involved in that child's life. And the mom is living in the suburbs. It's called it, right, and it's a single mom and the suburbs and the kids are well taken care of.
Speaker 2: And sometimes, look.
Speaker 1: I've seen guys and saying I don't want my kids to play football. Right, you've seen that too. You don't have that. You may genetically have the ability to play, but the adversity that you're gonna face, they're not for it. So when you have the combination of number one, you're at the genetics. You got to have that in order to be able to even start, right, But if a kid really wants to do this, it's got to be internally driven. And then you know, as I'm sure when you talk about a guy like Archie Manny with his sons Peyton, you know and Eli, you think he didn't you know what was so well, go just tweak it a little bit this way. This is like a great golfer, you know, you look at Tiger Woods with his son.
Speaker 2: He can.
Speaker 1: It's the cheat code in a way of like how to get to the next level faster and be able to get through the bullshit because it's bullshit. Now it's gonna be bullshit. It's always bullshit going on. So in order to be able to overcome that, you have an advantage. Not saying that you're gonna win for sure, but you definitely have an advantage if you have someone who's been through it, that has nothing but love for you in a way that no one else on.
Speaker 2: The planet can. So there, there, there's that's where that buying happens.
Speaker 1: You hear guys like Shaquille O'Neill, he talks about that buy in from his It wasn't as biological father, but his dad was such a drill sergeant, and I mean he was. He hit the genetic fucking jack spot jackpot.
Speaker 2: Come on, now, you.
Speaker 1: Seven two, you three hundred pounds, you breaking backboards. All you gotta do is make sure his mind and he's focused and he can get up You know, don't don't kill nobody.
Speaker 2: Stay out of the street. Son.
Speaker 1: You go to class and and and get up on time, and go to the go to practice when you need you, they need you there.
Speaker 2: That's it. Show up at the games where they want you there.
Speaker 1: Then his dad did a great job, his his stepfather did a great great job of doing that for him.
Speaker 2: But for those who don't have all those genetics that.
Speaker 1: An Amario Irvin might have, you know that that somebody you know in a position like like Shaquille himself, his sons didn't have right not the same as him, but he got him as far as they could go. But he said he wasn't really involved in in their their life as much as he That's what that's a that's a regret for a guy like Shaquille O'Neill. He talks about it a lot on podcasts left and right. He talks about it. But to your point, those fathers that you're naming, you know, we'll be able to look back and see this and you know, get the answer to this study. This is all hypothesis right now, you know, which is an educated guess, all right, But yeah, I think it has a lot to do with it.
Speaker 2: What you just said?
Speaker 3: Hey, who ball of school? Stay on my TV? Man, get out of my living room. Brother, he was ready on time to because I'm a Cooper fan. I'm a Cooper flag fan.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: You like yah, Man, I'm I'm a fan. You know, I like his gay I like this game three years ago. So, but who's stayed in the living room?
Speaker 2: Brother? Questions straight? Let's get to some of these stress questions? Brother?
Speaker 1: All right, okay, so are we are? We sending the link the divine? They want to come? What's up?
Speaker 2: What we got? We're talking about my team? There we go.
Speaker 1: Did y'all see my team? Cleaves and assistant coach with the son Matt ispea. A lot of people saying he's not doing great with the son since being the owner of thoughts.
Speaker 2: For one, I'm I'm always be happy for my brother.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: You know, I saluted him, send him a text, you know, told him congratulations. Uh. You know, we talk all the time, so I kind of knew when it was coming, just didn't know when. On the other side with Matt, I mean, what's what's the success of being owner? It's only one champion every year, you know what I'm saying. So if you don't win the NBA Championship, or is that a success you know?
Speaker 2: Or I do that? God?
Speaker 3: Do you define the success of owner? Because we don't know the ticket sales and shit. You know, they just pay Booker one hundred and seventy four million, so he got money. So I mean, I don't know. I just think if you you know, you got to look at it. If you if you own a team, who's that cause we got we got away from it, Tyson, Tyson, you know, I know you got some homeboys, you got some cousins, some you know, some uncles, Somebody gonna need a job or something like that, somebody that.
Speaker 2: You may want to look out for. So if you, if.
Speaker 3: You're in a position, well you can do those things, you know, to bring somebody along to help them out.
Speaker 2: You know, you do it. If if that, if that's what you choose to do, especially when you're the owner. You know. So I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm not an NBA fan like that, you know, So I don't know the success rate. And now you're going to judge your owner. But you know, for one, I am happy for my team, you know, especially you know coming out on top, you know, overcoming whatever adversity it was. You know what I mean, you're still smiling, You're on top. So congratulation to them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't do nothing but be happy for my team and him being able to move on. Looks, this is a guy who who was born in my opinion, he should be a coach at some point.
Speaker 2: I mean, he has all those things in him.
Speaker 1: He's had some struggles that he's had to overcome, but hey, look who hasn't and and this is just another step in the positive direction for my team.
Speaker 2: You know, Matt being a former a walk.
Speaker 1: On basketball player who's made it tremendously high heights in business. You know, listen, he was able to work his way into the NBA ownership and you know that there was there was initially a lot of enthusiasm when he bought a team. And now I guess from the fans perspective, things it wrote it because of the hands on involvement. You know, they, you know they that's the same thing that you hear from like you guys like Jerry Jones, when your hands on and you make decisions as an owner, than every you know, any any losses or any failures falls on your head. Other owners look at it, or Hey, they're going to hire general managers and people in the front office and kind of stay out and then when things don't do or do not work, then they, you know, dictate how they're going to continue or not continue with that front office. Accordingly, Hey, man, he's a new owner, he's a young man, he's very wealthy. Let him do what he do. That's what I think. I mean, Hey, what's it's his team. It's how can I can't ever get mad at what some man does with his own his own money and what he wants to do. I don't know better basketball Like as much as I think that history knows, he's played it. He loves the game. He's helping out. The one thing that I can always commend him for is he helps out his brothers.
Speaker 3: That you have been out the basketball player, But it's some football players that need some help to brother. I'm gonna give you a call, Oh, Harris, I was wondering why I'm a team Clees never got on hisz ool staff being a point guard but being but this professor at MSU said, Clease hasn't graduated yet, and I never knew you had to graduate to be on the coach's staff. Yes, Sir d Harris, I am a witness to that. I went to the University of Alabama because I left college early to go to the pros and I never graduated, and I wanted to. First of all, I wanted to be a head coach in high school and you needed to a degree then too. But to be a college coach, you just got to have a degree in anything. Old you got a degree. You can have a degree in paintball, you know, water rap, anything, but you got to have a degree to be on the college staff as far as a coach to get paid.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so those are truth. That's a true statement right there. So it has my team. I guess my team hasn't gotten finished his degree yet, is what we're saying.
Speaker 3: I don't know, okay, I mean imagine that conversation with me and Mona more.
Speaker 2: What's up for you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, taking it into classes graduated now that we didn't get to that conversation yet. But anyway, Dan Harrison got another one straight. Uh how much longer would Tom is?
Speaker 2: Oh coach?
Speaker 3: I don't know, hope not long. You got to give it up sometime, and are they're looking at a successor of grooming anyone.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't think so. I don't think you're grooming any well. You could hire with then, and is Tho stubborn? Stubborn in terms of changing with times? Hope My comment makes the show. Keep up the good work, fellas, d Harry, you could have called in. I wanted to hear your voice. Can you rap? We got a line where you can call in and ask these questions. We here for your d Harris. But uh, how long?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just think he's one of those coaches where you know, this is what driving man I look at Uh. I'm not saying here in this situation, but when when Joe p retired, you know, when Joe p retire, how long did he you know, live after that?
Speaker 1: Joe Poe, Yeah, he got forced out, he didn't retire whatever it was.
Speaker 2: You know, when you're died pretty quickly, right when you're doing something for fifty plus years and that's.
Speaker 3: Been your you know, yo yo yo yo yo, your thing that you always do. You know, that's all you know, and that's all you love. I don't know, I don't know how long here, but I think with a new president, you know, a new ad who may not be izo fans, right, you know, you gotta win. You know, you're getting paid like one of the top tens. They gotta be top ten or top fifteen in the country. You know, these new presidents and new ad got decision to make, you know. So you know, I don't know if it's just it's his job to he can go when he wants, or they're gonna put pressure on him if you don't win in the next two.
Speaker 2: Years or something like that.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Right, it's never a comfortable position when you're a sitting coach when there's a new ad that comes in. So president comes in as you you know, Kevin Guswitz, he came in a little over a year ago, and he makes a move on Alan Haller and change direction and goes with Jay bat And when you see those kind of things happen, Jay Bad immediately brings anybody from Georgia Tech. Now, those talking about the president, Kevin Guskowitz and Jay Back both come from the University of North Carolina, Michigan state brand as far as a basketball brand is strong. But North Carolina is still North Carolina, right, you know they have Roy williams now they've dealt with the Dean Smith. I mean they've had this. I mean Michael Jordan Brand originates from there, that's where he was born. Okay, all right, so they are used to dealing with Rabbit fan base as far as the basketball program is concerned, and high level coaches that are legendary Hall of Fame style coaches. So they had that playbook. We'll see, as Swerve said, you know, it's definitely results of that business obviously.
Speaker 2: You know, Tom Menzo is a guy who he's.
Speaker 1: Hard knows, he's old school, and you know, one of his good friends, hey, Sue says, Swer calls him Nick Saban. You know, this new era of college athletics, you've seen Nick Saban going to ESPN College Game Day now. So to be continued. You know those are the facts, all right, Swerve, what are your thoughts on the three players representing the MSU had the big ten media days in a couple of weeks. The three players who would that be? Drum Roll, Jordan Hall, Stanton Rammel, Nick Marsh hey Man, what you think, SWB.
Speaker 2: Of course, I'm a Nick Marsh fan.
Speaker 3: I don't know we got the full potential out of him last year I know that got to be the focus.
Speaker 2: Going in this year.
Speaker 3: Jordan hall Man, he just I just just being around him a few times. He's just an All American kid, if that makes sense. And what I mean by that is well on, well spoken, carry itself.
Speaker 2: Well. Uh he even.
Speaker 3: Smelled good when I was around you know that. Don't come around me smelling good. The palls right right, don't come around me smelling I don't know, you know, he just he just you know, he's just one of those And he's a kid I'm pulling for because you know, he played with a lot of effort. I don't know if he were playing out of out of plays, so he didn't play. You know why a kid like that didn't start. You know, that can mess up your mental you know. But uh, you know, I'm a fan of those two. Not be honest, because I'm a straight shooter. I sixty five help me out staying around left tackle?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, left tackle from from Alabama.
Speaker 2: I'm not I'm not mad with those three. I'm not mad with those three.
Speaker 3: Of course, you probably would have wanted your quarterback, but high its paid on the team, probably you know, had to get his nails done or Sun. He was probably was busy, but uh he's not mad. He's not mad about that at all.
Speaker 1: You know, Yeah, those are great players that they they those are you can't miss with those guys right there, nice mix got the defensive player that those would be captains by the way. You know, I'm sure Aiden is gonna be there too. But those are guys who will represent mister state great out Viva Las Vegas. So look, those are bonter fide stars guys that in my opinion, all three of those guys are gonna get their name called in NFL Draft very soon. So li'stene. Jonathan Smith is uh, you know he's doing this thing now. We just got we just got word that the team Cleeves apparently has graduated with a degree in human resource management from a messhu that that just came from producer Shine in the backyard. So my team did it. So he's got his degree. He's been working hard. But it is right now, do you need a degree to go?
Speaker 2: Fish?
Speaker 1: You have to do you need a degree to go? Uh to the NBA? And you know hell no, okay now with now with not when the owner was your backup or whatever? You you know what I mean no, hell no, you just need to pack.
Speaker 2: Up your ship and go.
Speaker 1: Oh man, does that mean that the little team's gonna move?
Speaker 2: Pack up your ship and go. When I move, you move just like that? Oh wow?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, that's what you gotta do. And they got basketball academies everywhere. Oh man, but that's what you late Saint Mary's right. I won't give a damn if it was Hey zeus untra Mary, little a team won't be there. It's a round you.
Speaker 2: Hear that right here? You can catch a Christmas on that one. Brother. He won't be there. That's a good thing about social media.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: They can hope. He got his teammates on social media. They can FaceTime each other. But he would not be going to school there September first, I bet you that.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, so there you go news you can use here. This is spoting, all right? Uh?
Speaker 2: What about Garan Sutton coming back? Go ran?
Speaker 1: That's what Trey Renard? I don't know who where? Where's that? I haven't heard anything like that. Help me out with that, Trey go around Ston coming back?
Speaker 2: Oh he's a ga now straight right? Okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, my sores tell me he's a ga right now. So that's how he's coming back, coming back to work. I ain't won't be playing.
Speaker 1: Suit time suit time, you know. I mean, look what about I don't know what he's asking. That's what I'm trying to understand. Is he asking him like we do. What are our thoughts on him coming back? Is that what you mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: He coming back as a g A. That's cool the clipboard. Okay, all right. I thought we were gonna expand on the question.
Speaker 1: You know, had some time with the jazz and whatnot, and he's, uh, you know, from Sarajevo, Bosnia, a big time player six'. Ten so he's gonna help with the bigs down. Low, yeah we'll see how that, works.
Speaker 2: Sir, yeah we.
Speaker 3: Ain't got no place for, him, man you, know Gonna jeff because he probably from over.
Speaker 2: There we're gonna keep him over, here let him graduate do some.
Speaker 3: Things but, Man i'm gonna come, on he's a big. Man, Yeah, man tell how many points he straight?
Speaker 2: When thank? You that's all you gotta, know that's all you.
Speaker 1: GOT i, mean, look hold, on, man we gotta we gotta talk about some some Special hall Of fame news after these specials from our friends over AT I Hop uh, huh.
Speaker 5: Six dollars never tasted so. GOOD I hop's breakfast shaves combo is now just six, dollars featuring i ops world famous buttermilk, Pancakes krispy hickory smoke, bacon and two eggs cooked to order your, way all for just six, bucks part of the new six dollars House swaves.
Speaker 2: Menu all, right swerve, Man, hey you got.
Speaker 1: It you gotta love you got to LOVE I Hop And, okay we have another question right here before we get into, yes, yes, sir before getting some some big time news. Here, hey, straight what do you explain from what should be an improved old lineess fall with the transfer editions we brought?
Speaker 2: In great?
Speaker 1: Question you, KNOW i look at you, know for the offensive line to be better than it was a year. AGO i mean you, know you, know getting guys healthy is a big. Thing you saw You guys Like Stanton, rambo who's going to the media.
Speaker 2: Days In Las.
Speaker 1: Vegas that's going to be the anchor of the offensive line right, there number sixty five out Of. Alabama he's highly sought. After the pros out love. Him Mister say has done a great job of locking him. Down he's a very, solid long, figure you, know six foot six six and six and six six sixty, seven you, know topping three hundred and ten, pounds a very athletic. Player he's a guy that you, know you really can can build an offense around on the offensive line and give some comfort to the.
Speaker 2: Quarterback you, Know aiden needs that.
Speaker 1: Like no one else needs to be able to feel confident in what's going. On they were able to duly big. Fella you know when you talk about the left guard, situation he got hurt a year, ago but looking at him in the spring, sower you, KNOW i know you had the drone out, There we were, There Big. Dooley he wasn't, playing he wasn't in full, uniform but he's a guy that looked like he could have been in. Uniform and you talk about how you see Today. Latin when we, played when you were, hurt halfway hurt or just barely good enough to walk and get get to the practice, field they made you.
Speaker 2: Practice, right it's different, nowadays damn.
Speaker 3: Right, well you know nowadays these kids know, that you, know they got all type of lawsuits and you, KNOW i ain't know you can you know now you can get paid for a concussion. Straight it's all type of stuff going on these days that we can't even think. About AND i can imagine the guys before us that that probably looked.
Speaker 2: At our time and thought our time was. All BUT i agree with.
Speaker 3: You you, know a big body like, that you know you you you hope that that guy can come back and and give, you give you, something give you a.
Speaker 2: Push we're definitely gonna need.
Speaker 3: That and not knowing what we're gonna get from the guys that's in the, backfield you, know all that is like it's like a sign project for me right now BECAUSE i don't, know SO i.
Speaker 1: Agree so, Yeah Duly Christian, phillips that's a guy talking about out Of, georgia and he's a a guy who's going to probably lock down that left guard.
Speaker 2: Spot talking about the.
Speaker 1: Center you Got Matt, gulden that's the transfer From Wake.
Speaker 2: Forest he looked, good look he looked.
Speaker 1: Nasty he's a, guy he's got a lot of, grits got a lot of starts under his. Belt you know he's gonna be in the pivot position being able to be a. Leader there a guy that that that looks to really to to turn some. HEADS i think it's gonna be an upgrade at that position At Michigan. State then you look at you, know right. Guard you, know to, me it's a little bit of a toss. Up you Got Luca vincick And Carter. Caleb both of those guys are. Transfers we'll see how that plays out in. Camp you, know they're looking at both of them are having pretty good summers from the reports that we're, getting but we don't, know you, know are they gonna kick one of those guys out the?
Speaker 2: Tackle because you Got.
Speaker 1: Connor, moore who was the big name transfer from as As swear likes to call, It Joe Montana.
Speaker 2: State you know, him and here mixed mixed reviews on. Him let me be.
Speaker 1: Honest you know right, Tack you, Know Ashon lepo was a guy who started a year. Ago he's in the TWO d right. Now but you, know the the jury's out whether or not they're gonna Take connor more and they're gonna make him an inside player or is he gonna really take that next. Step it's a different level than playing At division. Two were talking About Montana state playing against Farri. State there you're planning Against Penn state, here you, KNOW usc and big time programs like. That so coach. M, mitchilsick he's a guy, who you, know we got a lot of confidence in him being able to get those guys. Ready but the jury is still out on what that right side of the offensive line will look. Like uh come the first game uh here In April august twenty, ninth when they kick.
Speaker 2: Off swerve.
Speaker 1: Man, look you talked about, it you, said the running back situation is one of those things that we're gonna break it down a little bit more as camp opens up in a few.
Speaker 2: Weeks but.
Speaker 1: Expand on that a little. Bit you don't know what the hell you're gonna get out and running back. POSITION i don't. KNOW i haven't watched these. Guys you, know we got a guy From Sacramento. State we know we got a guy from wherever they come. From out of the portals.
Speaker 3: Straight if, anything may be excited about the, freshman you know why BECAUSE i was a freshman AND i had opportunity play, early you, know and was able to make some. Plays somebody asked the, question could you run behind this line and still be?
Speaker 2: Swerving IRBAN i was Swerving urban at. BIRTH i was swerving irver at.
Speaker 3: BIRTH i, MEAN i had a good old, line but, yay come, on we had to face eighty nine men in fronts at. TIME i received as, one you, know but anyway they came, along you.
Speaker 2: Know but uh, YEAH.
Speaker 3: I don't know straight in the running back, POSITION i, MEAN i gotta, SEE i gotta see, through see what my drone bring me?
Speaker 1: Back and, yeah we Got. Tullus we Got Brandon, tullis a guy who's been. There he's going in his sophomore season right, now six five more of a power runner guy that that that we're looking to see if he's gonna get to that role to get some more. Carriers you're talking about The Sacramento state That's Elijah Tyle. Tolliver we've had him on the. Show some people have him penciling and as the. Starter but then you, know you've Got Macki fraser And Jays. Clarizio that's the one That bama. Wanted Now bama wanted. Him he had flipped To bama and then flipped back To Michigan state at the last.
Speaker 2: Minute kind of like the Receiver gash that we just got in the twenty sixth.
Speaker 1: Class, obviously he's still got another year of high school football, ago but the same kind of situation East land Seen. Prideuct guy's got a lot of speed and, uh we talked about another show before y'all was a, looser and they raised about him In.
Speaker 2: Tuscalooser they really did want. Him so here's another question for, you, swear.
Speaker 1: When will Recruit when will we recruit another one thousand yard? Rusher we need to bring back and running, back you.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 3: RIGHT i think Now trey is one of those where can you get one out of the? Portal can you get one from another, school but one that's already, established and it's AND i think these old c's got to be patient with the running. Game and it just so happened that the same thing that's happening in the, pros right, right quarterbacks the highest paid right all, Right so now the game no, change you, know it's no more doubt in the, eye no more full back and no you know WHAT i. Mean so they ain't running the ball no. More and then also in, college these quarterbacks are getting the highest nil, deals you, know back for a, million you, Know peyton, whatever man.
Speaker 2: And, Whatever.
Speaker 3: I'm not kind of our quarterback pocket but he ain't sitting down.
Speaker 2: There you, know he gets the. Money you, know it's all over to dude That South. Carolina he's getting three million with.
Speaker 3: It so these guys not getting that money to handing the ball OFF dj du That floorida getting three, something they're not a ball. Off so it's gonna be hard if you don't stick with the running, game because if you're paying the guy all this, money you're gonna throw the. Ball that's what THE nfl is because that's why they wanted to get. Away how can You how the hell can you talk about taking the running back position?
Speaker 2: Away like that's stupid as?
Speaker 3: Hell you, Know but is that because of the money that you're paying his? Quarterback SO i don't. KNOW i hope one of these guys and do, It but if, NOT i think if you, don't you gonna have to get it out of the portal guy that's established, already or a guy that's been a, backup not happy with his, carrier that can make the, plays make the reds and give you those explosive runs that you that you.
Speaker 1: Need oh, man that's, so, LOOK i got a question for. You swere you know we talk about first this this is an announcement that we you, know we transition to another places here in the. Show Hobie Baker award winner from twenty twenty. Five this is a hockey it's a hockey. Guy now they're talking about you, know He Isaac, howard and everybody was talking about. Him you, know he had a great season and you, know everybody thought he would be able to come Back Michigan. State but he's going to go on to to to THE. Nhl you. Know he signed a three year entry level contract With Ednington. Oilers he was originally drafted by The Lightning Tampa. Bay he was the thirty first overall pick in the twenty two. Draft he was traded At edmonton On tuesday. Night so looks like he's going. Pro now what do you think that's in relation to no?
Speaker 3: BRAINER i could have told, him, MAN i don't know who they ever thought he was gonna come back after the.
Speaker 2: Year, yeah well come, on that's.
Speaker 1: Crazy they was talking said he was gonna come.
Speaker 2: Back nobody talked to.
Speaker 1: Him, yeah well you know who's?
Speaker 3: Talking yeah, right, right there's one thing that talks match. It i'll give me one dollar. MORE i come to the right, there, right thank, you if we were talking about the one dollar, more it makes sense that if you take my, class it definitely makes sense to.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 1: Right speaking of, that there's another player, McKenna Gavin, KENNER i think his name man well. Hockey he's a great player who mischis sated was in the running to get, it and it looks like losing them To Penn.
Speaker 2: State uh top picking THE.
Speaker 1: Nhl McKenna commits A Penn state for a report at seven hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: To go play hockey over an happy. Valley so you mean to tell me we couldn't come up with seven hundred and.
Speaker 1: One hey, man you don't have so much money to. Spend you got to get. Creative some schools are doing, it some. AREN'T i, Mean Penn state Is Penn? State is that A is that A big ten? University are they a state? College wait a? Minute are they a land?
Speaker 2: Grant? Yeah all of? That, right they found a. Way you got to find a. Way. SWELL i, MEAN i, KNOW i know.
Speaker 1: Everybody i've seen a lot of a lot of fans really really leaning into getting mckinna that we wanted it. Bad but you, know for whatever, reason we're able to land, him you, know talking about landing, Things Michigan state was able to land a new food beverage partner vendor over At Spartan stadium and Then bresling coming up here in the in this. Season what you think about that swear we got a new. Partner levy would be its new sports entertainment and hospitality partner beginning in twenty five to twenty. Six the athletic season level will create an elevated game day hospitality experience Across SPARTAN sat And Bresident center and Mon Ice arena and all on campus athletic. Venues so maybe them boiled hot dogs as? Gone what you think in the stale?
Speaker 3: Popcorn that's the first THING i would go. Say let me do a taste test of your hot. DOG i promise. YOU i haven't had a hot dog In Michigan State. State you, Ship oh, man they've seen stuff like. That you gotta bring guys.
Speaker 2: Back you.
Speaker 3: KNOW i would have told, him let me taste your, heart not your, nachos you, know not to pe nuts and none of that.
Speaker 2: Ship let me taste your hot. Dog And i'm cutting you off front, now but let me tell you Some, hey was that a?
Speaker 3: Pause. Too Oh i'm cutting you off right.
Speaker 1: Now but, listen never fear Melting moments is going. Nowhere, okay so Melting moments will still be in the, Stadium so don't don't don't cry over. That but there's been a lot of talk people people Thinking i've seen seen the. Chat people send me their stuff, saying, oh, man you Know Jay batt's doing it. Now Jay bett don't. KNOW i haven't met him. YET i trust he's gonna do wonderful things In Michigan. State but he didn't do. This this is all you. Know you, know it's it's literally impossible for a guy to be on the job for two or three weeks and then to get that.
Speaker 2: Done this was already in the, works ladies and, gentlemen it was already. Moving so it's. Good it's.
Speaker 1: Good it's a good, thing not a bad. Thing just put the get a credit where the credit was. Due hot dog, facts, Man that's What i'm talking, about, man sir, Man, look we got new hot. Dogs we got all kinds of questions from the. Fans right, now what is your final thoughts before we get out of?
Speaker 2: Here shout out to my teen. Cleves you, know.
Speaker 3: Big STEP i know that's something that he wanted to. Do uh scram just getting.
Speaker 2: Ready.
Speaker 3: Man i'm happy for those three guys that's on their way To. Vegas and you know, what matter of, Fact, SEE i told you this kid was a stand up, kid all around, kid even smelled.
Speaker 2: Good and he just bought his first.
Speaker 1: House Jordan hall did buy the. House there we, go Another spartan buys a.
Speaker 2: House. Man that's.
Speaker 1: Awesome, see everybody thinks, that you know What i'm, SAYING i l is all, bad but it's. Not when you see things like, that you think he's not committed to stay in and Heast lansing and you buy a.
Speaker 3: House nothing wrong with. That he bought a house and He's. Lansing, NO i want to.
Speaker 2: Know so WHEN i come, up it don't even me to get a hotel because he got A.
Speaker 3: Yeah, YEAH i Think Mama hall will be there. Though cool he Got i'm winning the. Bet they got more than, One, Mama. Mama i'm gonna call, You. MAMA i needed just give me the. COUCH i come with my own letter. Bid, YEAH i traveled with my air.
Speaker 2: Magic so it's. Cool you don't let out.
Speaker 1: Before before we wrap, up we gotta talk about The hall Of. Fame Mischigan state did Announce hall Of fame And dutch Tre Mesu athletics and look the, Headliner Mark dantonio going into The hall Of. Fame it's amazing that it's been taking this long for him to get. That so he's going. In Tony keys men's, Soccer Corey moster, Volleyball Caroline. Powers put it back up, there Producer, shine you like to move on that women's. Golf Nick simmons, Wrestler Hey, simmons, brother they. Tough Now Sam vincent And masshu. Basketball Sam, Vincent now he's a dog man coming out right off of those that national championship team with magic The Eastern High you know this is a guy right here that's getting into the. Hall that's long, over, Dude Sam. Benson so that's that's the. List that's the final. List where IS sethnc irving. AT i know they gonna, wait they gonna wait them and.
Speaker 2: Go that's. All that's. Cool they gonna we gotta go. Camp they Gonna Pete. Road it's. Cool don't wait you then let it in the all that's.
Speaker 3: Crazy no, none my, kids you say WHAT i was gonna say that the.
Speaker 2: Podium you know WHAT i, mean it's. Cool, yeah they call that.
Speaker 1: Posthumous posthumously that's how that's how they're trying to do.
Speaker 2: That that's when you're dead and. Gone.
Speaker 3: Man you, know, yeah that's what they do in the miss. Cool now you happen to the best of, us you know What i'm. Saying that would definitely be me if at.
Speaker 1: All but you, know they gonna get you before You you might you might have to be on a walker or a, cane but you're gonna see.
Speaker 2: IT i ain't seeing that. Ever we. Look, Man, hey great. Show thanks for everybody for tuning.
Speaker 1: In and it says the, summer the dog, days the, summer but it will get greater.
Speaker 2: Later we promise you.
Speaker 1: That For Centric, Irving Jason, straighthorned this is part of the mess you, everybody have a good, Night god bless you, all and go, Great Go.
Speaker 2: White