Speaker 1: It's nice size, Dan Ray, I'm going mazy Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, Welcome back, everybody. We have reached the twentieth hour of the week here on Nightside, and I think all of you who are regular Nightside listeners know that at the twentieth hour of the week we take kind of a pause from our sometimes contentious conversations and we first of all, we look back. And one of the big stories this week has been the Stewart health crisis, which tonight seems to have perhaps come to some form of a resolution. We'll have to see if all of the machinations work out. But I will remind you that we started off this week by talking about a blind high school football team out in California that did very very well, although excuse me, a deaf team, so that all of the players were deaf and yet they were able to function very effectively. We talked about the bull Riders coming back to Manchester, New Hampshire. We talked about Smoky the Bear eightieth birthday this month, and talked with doctor Vince Callahan about back to school anxiety. I've spent a little bit of time recapping the Night Side trip to with listeners to Italy earlier this week. If you want to listen to NY of these hours, of course, you always can go over the weekend to Nightside on demand. We then spent at least an hour and a half talking about the crisis, the Steward Hospital crisis here in Massachusetts. We asked the question about whether it's okay to steal another candidate's idea. You know, I guess was on Monday, Vice President Harris came out with a strong statement saying that there should be no taxes on tips, you know, for waitresses, uber drivers, lift drivers, people at casinos. Well, the problem was that Donald Trump had articulated that point of view of a few months prior. But that's okay. Then we talked on Tuesday night with Nicole Davis about TSA complaints at Logan Airport. We talked about membership sharing and how some of these companies like Netflix and Costco are trying to tighten that up. Talked about super ages, super agers, people who can live well into the eighties and nineties with doctor Patrick Porter, talk with Scott Barredale about on a political marketing. Then we had an hour with Professor John McDonald the Harvard chan School of public Health. That will be our hour of the week that we're going to focus on Sunday night. So if you want to listen to the best of Nightside on Sunday night at eleven o'clock, you'll hear that hour again. And then we did speak again for another half hour about the Sewart health crisis, and then talked about bike lanes in Boston. It was an interesting article by Brian McGrory in the Boston Globe. He is not an opponent of bike lanes, but feels that bike lanes on Boylson Street are a mistake. Talk with John Hancock on Wednesday night, gentleman named John Hancock about Boston potholes. Talk with John Risby, he's a professor, about the fact that the Trump campaign uses music from some musicians who are not happy about that. Talk with doctor Judith Woloff about second guessing. I've talked with David Steinman about the dangers and classrooms, all sorts of amazing. It seems the dangers everywhere. Had Congressman Laurie Trahan, Democrat from the third district here in Massachusetts on about the Seward healthcare There were three hospitals in her district. Then We talked about the cost of migrants and the fact that the Healthy administration has not been in any way, shape or form transparent about how much it's cost, who's been paid. That was a great article in the Boston Globe on Wednesday, and we talked about that for two and a half hours last night. Talked with Matt Ben's about that crazy whether we had here yesterday. Talked with John Ferrell about seniors in the workplace, older retired people who are going back to work. Talked about the topless protests which will take place on Boston Common beginning at one o'clock tomorrow. Well, some women are apparently are going to march to the State House topless. Talk with Spencer Buell of the Boston Globe about some New England, old time New England jingles who are still stick in people's ear. Talk with Jeff Robbins, syndicated national columnists who writes for the Boston Herald, about Jewish concerns over the support that this Democratic ticket, if it elected, the Harris Waltz ticket, would give to the state of Israel. And then I asked for two hours last night, how's your economy? How is your economy not the economy generally. Then tonight we talked with doctor Michael Barrett again of the Chance School of Public Health, Harvard Chant School of Public Health, about the lack of primary care physicians here in the Boston area and probably elsewhere around the country. Talk with Paula Fleming about some dangers back to school laptops. Kids are given laptops at a younger and younger age, and it can lead them down to some places maybe that are not all that good. We'll talk with Kevin Eckert of Hawaii about that ba tree that was burned so badly that banion tree. Is trying to make it back. Still an open question, but it's beginning to look good. And talk with Tom Rayhill with a group of Florida python hunters in the swamps of the Everglades tonight. Unbelievable. Then we spent an hour on the Steward deal, which was announced tonight. We've talked about that all week and then last hour. Could Donald Trump actually be forced to campaign for jail if he is sent to jail? Now eleven o'clock hour, We're going to wrap it up, finish strong. At least I hope we are invite all of you to call and tell me what is on your bucket list. I don't want your life time bucket list. You know, the bucket list of people want to I don't know. You know. They want to go to the South Pole before they die, they want to go to the North Pole. They want to stand under the Arc de Triomph in Paris, or whatever. They want to see Big Ben in London. No, what's your bucket list for? This summer? Twenty twenty four is moving kind of quickly now as it tends to. We only got a couple of weeks left in August, and then it'll be Labor Day, will be into September. The presidential election will carry us well into October and November, and summer will be over. So my question tonight for all of you is what have you decided have you thought about doing this summer that you have yet to do. That's the question. Six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty. The only two lines open are six one seven, nine three to one ten thirty. I'm going to start it off here. I'm not going to make Hank work any longer. In response to your email, the answer is no, to be honest with you, but I want to hear what you want to talk about? What's on your bucket list? Haag for twenty twenty four that you have not done yet this summer.
Speaker 3: How are you, Hank, Thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 4: Dad.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Well, my bucket got a couple of holes at the bottom of it. So I don't want to be a Debbie Dowter. But you know I've been. I was in the hospital for several months this year. Yes, and you are making but my bucket list is very simple. I like to be able to walk ten feet without holding on to a chair, a walker or a wheelchair. I love to make my own breakfast in the morning. Right now I could just about reach bull cereal. So my bucket list is just a very simple one. I want to thank God at least I'm alive, but I have no other great things. Maybe at the end of the year, if things go well, I'm going to go up to Copis Tower a couple of my buddies.
Speaker 2: But if that happens this year, next year, or whatever. I think it's amazing that you would call in on this because someone who I know, you're a personal friend, and you had a tough year, but you have made a remarkable, comeback to get to where you are and Hank, my money's on you, and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if by I'm going to call the end of summer Columbus Day. Some people say it's Labor Day. I think the end of summer is Columbus Day because September is a beautiful month. And I'd be willing to bet you a couple of dollars that by Columbus Day you'll walk those ten feet on your own and maybe more.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'll take.
Speaker 3: To lose on that one.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, I'm rooting for you. You know that, Hank.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you for taking a call. I'm a good week at stay safe.
Speaker 2: You bet you? Thanks so much, Ank, I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: Again, that's a great call to start off with. A lot of us are going to say I want to go here, I want to go there. I want to hear those calls. Yeah, but not all of us. It's funny what our focus is when you think about it, depending upon our circumstances. I'll tell you what my bucket list for this summer was. My bucket list this summer was the trip to Italy that we completed last week last Sunday. We left Italy on Sunday, and I'll be happy to talk about that at some depth, but I'd prefer to hear from you. It was my big bucket list that had to be done this summer. It's done, okay. I don't have much left of my bucket list this summer. I just want to get through the summer, stay healthy and joy enjoy my family, Mustard the dog, and my grandson Benjamin when we get a chance to see him and his family. So I have a simple bucket list. Maybe yours is a simple too. You could share that, or maybe there's a big trip in mind, or maybe there's something that you need to go see. We had hoped to have Keith Lockhart on from Tanglewood last night. He had a family emergency and couldn't join us. But he'll be out at Tanglewood on August thirty. First. I hope to have him on before talking about that night, which will be a very special night later this month. So there's a lot going on. Join the conversation. The only line open right now, there's one line at six one, seven, two thirty. We're coming right back on night side.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Sight Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: On Fulfilled bucket List. Let's go to Glenn and Bright Glenn. What's the bucket list thing that you need to complete before the end of the summer.
Speaker 4: Well, there are two things, and they will both promised to me by a friend, Rom the pharmacist, our mutual friend. One of them is you know, the traffic guy Jack Hart. He have these trolley tours from early April to the end of November. True, and I'd like to go on them. Also, the Winnakers play some Italian restaurant every Thursday night from six to eight. It's it's above my pay price, pay break pay range. But Ron City take Me promised me that I could list to the Winnaker brothers. All right, I hope I can.
Speaker 2: There's a couple of realistic items. I mean that's those are going to happen for you. I'm concerned. Yeah, I think I think you're gonna I think you're gonna be okay, particularly if if Ron made the promise. He is a promised keeper, trust.
Speaker 4: Me on that, I know. But he's also going to you know, busy.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know. I understand that. But that's that's what's amazing about him is he's such a good person and a good guy. And again the old question is what the difficult circumstances somebody.
Speaker 4: You had me through? Thanks to him, I went to a baseball game and when he couldn't do it, he had John.
Speaker 2: All good people, all all good people. I don't know if you had a phone call back from that person who I mentioned. That's okay, I'm sure you'll you'll, you'll get that. They were talking about doing that in September. So Gwinn might might have gotten a new uh piano tuning customer.
Speaker 4: Uh and uh September.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what they're talking about.
Speaker 4: Oh that's why him got all you said on vacation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think they were talking about, you know, getting a lining up in September. All right, oh all right, okay, all right, buddy, Thanks, thanks good bucket list questions. Thanks. Let me go to Laureate Idaho. I kind of imagine what could be on laurie'spocket list.
Speaker 6: Laurie, Well, so we have a little bit of a well if I mean, it's a combination the person who spoke to last week who did the book on the delf the deaf football team at either side. He talked about Galadet. My grandpa was was born deaf, and he went to Galliadette and then he graduated from there and he ended up coaching football in the high school he taught at back in Furbow of Minnesota. And so I was absolutely amazed to find that the huddle was created there at Galliadet.
Speaker 2: So I went on line.
Speaker 6: I did well, I didn't either, and I knew he graduated there and we have his we have his diploma and all the stuff. And so I did go online and I found it, excuse me, a hoodie with the gallion at Home of the Hoodies or Home of Ale. So I did that, and so that was an unexpected buckett I didn't know about.
Speaker 2: Okay, so what's what is left of the bucket list? This summer? What's what's what do you got? Summer?
Speaker 6: It was well after last summer, is you know, I had the two hip surgeries within like the three months. So this summer I've been biking, I've been swimming, I've been outside. It's it's that that has been a bucket itself.
Speaker 2: And then a great summer to be able not only to do that after you went through that, that surgery, those surgeries, yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Mean good, I mean yeah, good, good, good surgeon, good pet. It was all a very good thing. And so my my final appointment in one of them, and he said, well, you know what, you know, go do all the fun things and summer you'd like to do swim, bike walk because he knows I don't ski. So that was good. And then so the Dave Matthews concert in George, Washington is a memorial Dawkins.
Speaker 7: So I have tickets for that.
Speaker 2: So that's a big in what what what.
Speaker 8: Town it's in?
Speaker 6: Well, it's in it's the gorge. It's in Washington and the name of the town is George, Washington. It's it's not far from the Idaho border, and it's up to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's in the state of Washington, not Washington.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, it's in the state of Washington. Very it's a big it's it's a beautiful ample, it's a it's a gorgeous along one of the rivers there.
Speaker 2: And so, okay, Dave Matthews been big band for a long time. What's the capacity at that location that Amphitheater.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, it's hard. I don't know exactly how many tickets because there are there are lawn seats, there are cheers. It's an amphitheater. It's an outdoor theater, so there are lawn seats, there are cheer seats, and then you can there are parts three you can just park on the It's sort of like maybe Tangle would oversize and okay, it's it's huge, but you know, and I saw him Ami park.
Speaker 2: The tickets.
Speaker 7: How expensive are the tickets if you buy them early enough, they're less than three hundred dollars for two days.
Speaker 2: Oh there's two days.
Speaker 6: Or three, sometimes three. I don't know if he's doing three this year. But yeah, now this is his huge end of his summer tour thing. And he used to do it at Red Rocks in Colorado, and now he's he's gotten up to George and done it there because I don't know why he's dad, but yeah, he can do.
Speaker 2: What he wants. It's Dave Matthews. That's the key. All right, thank you follow it? Yeah, oh man, I'll tell you. I want to report on how good it was, and we want some pictures. That's what I got to.
Speaker 7: See it's always good.
Speaker 9: He's always good.
Speaker 2: How many day concerts have you attended in your life?
Speaker 6: Well, there were two nights in Fenway. I did one at Red Rocks and this is this is my third major real concert. They're hard tickets to come by. He was in Massachusetts whatever it was at the one of the Lower Theater, and then he was up in the in the New Hampshire thing this year and I tried to get there and you couldn't get tickets for almost a year.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 6: So I did finally get tickets to the Gorge this year.
Speaker 2: It's amazing, you know. You think about Taylor Swift and all of that and and the craziness of her of the error tours, et cetera. But there are other bands that are around the country who are great bands, uh and and they're tough to get tickets too as well.
Speaker 6: Well I'm I'm I'm a little bit younger than the Grateful Dead series, so he's kind of my Grateful Dead. He's he's not the Tonal Star, but he is a great jam brand band and he does he he just he I just I didn't know him until there was one stupid concert that got played on an al broadcast somebody way back when they started, and I just fell in love with him, and I just I don't follow him all around the country because I don't. Can't, I can't. But he's my grateful Dead Well.
Speaker 2: I got it, I got it. Hey. I had a buddy of mine who was a camera guy a Channel four for many years. I forget. He had done like gone to like fifty Dead concerts over his lifetime. And I have a nephew who is a big Dave Matthews fan. I couldn't tell you to Dave Matthews songs, but.
Speaker 4: He's a big Dave.
Speaker 6: Well you know them if you heard them.
Speaker 2: Oh, you always know him if you hear him. But it's like trying to pick him out of the ear. I love you. Calls enjoyed. It's tomorrow night is the night?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, it's over. It's Labor Day weekend. It's a Labor day weekend.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well enjoy What a what a great way to end your summer up there?
Speaker 4: Uh I think that's okay.
Speaker 7: Thank you sounds great.
Speaker 6: Thanks, welcome back. We have missed you.
Speaker 2: I'm delighted to be back. It's been a long week. My week started uh at about two am on Sunday morning in Naples or other than the Mouthy Coast, which was about eleven o'clock Sunday night time. And I've made it through the week. That's all I can ask, thanks, Laurie.
Speaker 6: Not many people can say they've started their Monday on the Mouthy Coast. So you're you're good, that's true, right, thank you, good night.
Speaker 2: Good night, six one seven, ten thirty. We got a bunch of open lines at six one seven, two five four ten thirty. I'm looking for your bucket list for twenty twenty four, not your lifelong bucket list, but something that you want to accomplish this summer, something you're planning for this summer. For Hankett was walking a few steps. For Glenn, it's going to a couple of events here in the Boston area, and Laurie to a Dave Matthews concert and an amphitheater in western the state of Washington. Those are very different, so as they say, different people. For me, the big bucket list tour was going to Italy with nightside listeners. And I got to tell you it's in the rearview, Mara, but I'll remember it from my Lifetime Mike in Plymouth next nightside. You got a bucket list for twenty twenty four for us?
Speaker 3: I do did.
Speaker 10: First of all, I just wanted to mention I did that Amfi Coast trip last year with my wife. I'm fabulous, loved it. I'd like to talk to you.
Speaker 2: What months were you there?
Speaker 11: If I come?
Speaker 2: What month were you there if I could ask?
Speaker 10: We went in June one year, and the second year we went in August.
Speaker 2: Little warm when you were there in augustyle boat, but it was, it was beautiful, but it was. What's amazing, by the way, to me is how they could build those homes and those hotels and those structures and the sides of those mountains.
Speaker 10: Positano absolutely incredible, isn't it. Did you go to positan.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, right, yes, yeah.
Speaker 10: The homes are built right into the cliffs. It's absolutely amazing.
Speaker 2: How they do it, when they did it? God, we know point what what? What beautiful architecture? So what's your bucket list this year? This summer?
Speaker 10: So I've been so I've been to France a couple of times on cruises in the Mediterranean, stopping in Nice and Marseille and places like that never been to Paris, decided on a whim a couple of weeks ago that we're going to go to Paris after the Olympics. Hopefully the crowds will be down and it will be a good time to visit. Always wanted to go to the Eiffel Tower and the Arc de Triont from the Louver in Versailles, which we are going to do.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 10: But I also found that I also found a fourteen hour day trip from Paris to the Normandy Beaches to see the d Day beaches in the cemeteries, something I have always wanted to do, And to tell you the truth, then I think I'm more excited about that than I am the Eiffel Tower on the Louver. It's only a three hour drive from Paris, apparently a three and a half hours a day tour, and I'm really looking forward to seeing, you know, that point of Hawk where those those rangers and marines and climb that cliff you know, to save to save Europe.
Speaker 2: Basically, wait, wait do you see wait do you see ponk' Hawk? I've been to ponk to Hawk. I've also been to the US cemeteries and when you see the the crosses and the stars that David lined up in such precise, precise military formation, and you realize the sacrifice that was made. I was there and it would have been nineteen I'm guessing eighty one or eighty two h our way out there, and it was incredible to see.
Speaker 10: And yeah, it's going to be a solemn day, I think, but to truly appreciate, you know, what those eighteen and nineteen year old kids did way back then, the greatest generation. It's just it's something that I've had a tremendous amount of rees back for in my whole life, but really never thought I'd get a chance to see it. And now, all of a sudden, on a spur of the moment trip, I'm going to be able to do it. I'm very I'm very excited about it, and I'm really looking forward to it.
Speaker 2: You're gonna You're gonna have it. You will have an amazing time. I think it's extraordinary that that you're able to pull this off. How many days will you be in France altogether in Paris and.
Speaker 10: We're gonna be We're gonna be seven nights staying in Paris, but we're gonna do two day trips to Normandy, uh one, to the battlefields and the beaches, and the second day we're going to go to San Michel.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you bring a camera, bring a camera, lifelong, lifelong memories there. And by the way, all those eighteen and nineteen years year olds who hit you know, Omaha Beach and everything on on, none of them, none of them had. They were all looking for safe spaces, but not the safe spaces that college students are looking for today. You know they No, it's a different generation. It was the greatest generation after all. Mike, thank you so much. That's an inspiring phone call. Really something a lot of people will will identify. Well, thank you, my friend. We'll talk again.
Speaker 10: Okay, have a great trip.
Speaker 2: Call us when you get back. Okay, thanks, all right, we got to take a break. News at the bottom of the hour. Back on Nightside right after this.
Speaker 1: You're on night Side with Dan Ray. I'm Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: Or what a sad story that is. Thanks Al Grifford. Let's get back to the calls. They'll go to Clara down in Florida.
Speaker 5: Clara, my friend, welcome back, my friend, Well, welcome back to you.
Speaker 2: How's Florida treating you.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, it's hot, hot, hot and human. It is like hell, well, I'll tell you oh year round.
Speaker 2: Well, you're gonna love you love it if you're there in January and February. May not love it as much in July and August. But I was in a in a hotspot over in Europe, in roaming it and in the Moufy Coast. So I feel your pain, Clara, I really do. What's what's my bucket list for this summer of twenty twenty four that you have yet to accomplish?
Speaker 5: Well, goddwelling with my inability to walk properly, I would love to go to santabel Island to go shelt shelling picking up my shells on the beach.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Are you close to santabel.
Speaker 5: I'm about forty five minute drive.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 5: I'm only a two minute I'm only a two minute drive to Fort Myers and I saw the Red Sox spring training stadium.
Speaker 2: That'll be nice when that comes to life next February in March, if you're down there, since I've been, I'm down here, I've been out to Santabelle. It's a beautiful, full there's a nice bridge out there. I think we've just been restored. Yeah, that's that's a that's a nice part of Florida. How warm was it today?
Speaker 10: In where you are today?
Speaker 5: It was eighty six? Yesterday it was close to one hundred.
Speaker 2: We hit one hundred a couple of times in Italy on the mountain coast.
Speaker 5: We're getting we're getting in the eighties all next week, high eighties.
Speaker 2: Okay, well that's better than a hundred. Did you survive the storm? I know when we were in Europe we kept reading about Hurricane Debbie hitting Florida. Did you get hit with that?
Speaker 9: Well, we drove.
Speaker 5: We left Connecticut Sunday and drove straight through to Florida through the hurricane and nikes, oh my god, caroln we followed it all the way down to Florida. It was so scary. There were so many jackknife tractor trailers that was at one point we couldn't see in front of us. But my brother and his son are are pretty are pretty good drivers and are used to be because they used.
Speaker 10: To live in Florida.
Speaker 5: Wow, well they're used to driving in hurricanes. But it was scary as all. Heck.
Speaker 2: Well, Clara, thank glad you made it. Enjoy your time down there and we will talk soon. I'm so glad to be back in touch.
Speaker 5: Yes, i am as well. Thank you for back.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thanks Clara. Great to hear you.
Speaker 5: Okay, hell good night and get some sleep.
Speaker 2: I will.
Speaker 9: That's okay.
Speaker 7: Thanks.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Alyssa in Worcester. Uh we got the only lines open now we're six, one, seven nine, Kill them up, Alyssa. What's on your bucket list for this summer?
Speaker 11: Hi? Dan, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great, Alyssa. Thanks for calling in. What what are you working on? Did you have an accomplish yet?
Speaker 11: Well for this summer. I was thinking about it when you when you pose the question. And two things that I really would love to do before summer ends. Is first thing, I need to swim in the ocean again before summer ends. Being out in Worcester. I grew up on the Cell Shore, but I'm out in Worcester now and I just missed being so close to the ocean, so I need to get back into the ocean before the end of the summer. And I also would really love to visit the Island Creek Oyster Farm in Duxbury before the end of the summer, because it's beautiful there and some nice fresh oysters are just amazing, especially when you when did they're coming right off the farm. So those are those are my two bucket list items for the rest of the summer.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, you can accomplish both those just with a trip to Duxbury. You got to for there. You gonna have a great doubleheader when you think about it. I mean, help, we visited. I didn't realize that oysters are grown from like seeds. Last year on the Cape we went to an oyster farm where they actually grow oysters. I I get, I guess they have. They buy oyster seeds and they grow them. As I understand it is that how you understood? And I always figured they they found them in shells, you know, in some sort of a sea bed. But they actually can they can farm oysters.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's really interesting. There's a farm I can't the name is escaping me right now, but there's a farm out in care Haven that they grow I don't know if seeds is the right word, but for but for lack of better words, seeds. Yes, they start the seeds and they grow them up a little bit. I think it takes I think it takes like three or four years for them to fully mature. So but they start the season and they actually sell them to Island Creek, so they they get the Island Creek gets the oyster seeds from all different farms from I think all over Massachusetts and then uh grows grows up the oysters until they're until they're ready to be harvested.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, it's funny. I was I was thinking one thing that that I think I want to do this summer. I'm a big fan of I'm cape Cod Chips and I think that, Yeah, there's a tour here in the Cape of the cape Cod Chip factory. I've never Yes, have you done that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I have. When I was a child, I did. I I remember, I remember my mom taking me as a child. Actually, it's funny that you mentioned that. Do you do you follow the Celtics point guard Peyton Pritchard at all?
Speaker 2: I know? Uh, well, I know of him. Yeah, what about so he.
Speaker 11: Him and his now wife got married over the weekend this past weekend, and his wife grew up I believe she grew up in Nauset down in Nauset and for their rehearsal dinner, their like I guess main uh one of their like main picturesque events that they had at their rehearsal dinner was custom cavia and cape cod potato chips. And that was their their like fancy thing at their rehearsal dinner that they did, so very uh, very quintessential cape Cod.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I understand that he hangs out on the cape. As matter of fact, it was in a little store here and they had a Peyton Pritchard sandwich. I forget what type it was, but I asked him. They said, oh, yeah, he comes in a lot, so he's he's hanging on the cape. Let's put him like that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think he has a house on the Cape. I'm not sure what town, but I think I'm pretty sure he does.
Speaker 2: I think it's in central, one of those center center towns on the Cape. But look, look, I think you're gonna get your bucket list things done, okay, swimming in the ocean in Duksbury and going through the oyster farm. I think you're gonna be all set. ALYSSA. Great to hear your voice as always, Thanks for being such a loyal listener.
Speaker 6: Okay, thanks Dan, have a good night.
Speaker 2: You two have great weekend. Enjoy The weather's going to be good this weekend, so let's get let's take advantage of it. Thanks, talk to you soon, good night. Thanks to all Right, we are going to take a quick break. I have Larry and Justina, and I got one open line at six one seven, two, five four to ten thirty, and I got two open lines at six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. I try to come up with different topics on the eleventh hour, and this topic's been a little slower than normal, but that's fine. So if you'd like to get in, you can six one seven, two, five, four to ten thirty. One line there and six one seven well that's just filled. And six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. Do you have a bucket list something that you've thought about doing this summer that you haven't you haven't completed, So it's a summer of twenty twenty four bucket list. The good thing about the summer of twenty twenty four bucket list it can be turned into a summer of twenty twenty five bucket list pretty easily. The big bucket list that people have is the one before they pass on. Well, when you pass on that bucket list, that bucket list survives. We'll be back at night's. I joined the conversation.
Speaker 1: Coming back now, back to Dan Ray live from the Window World, Night six Studios on WBZ the news Radio.
Speaker 2: Back we go. We do have full lines. Let's keep her only here, going to go to Larry at Dennisport. Larry going to get you in here and four others. Go right ahead, Larry.
Speaker 8: Dan, next time you're on the cape, go out to Crow's Pasture in East Dennis and you'll see acres of oyster farms. Just make sure it's low tide.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay.
Speaker 8: So I have two things in my bucket list. I accomplish one of them today. Today is my anniversary, our wedding anniversary. Wow, congratulations, thank you.
Speaker 2: Every number, what's what's the number?
Speaker 8: Fifty four?
Speaker 2: WHOA? That's great?
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 2: I think it might last at fifty four.
Speaker 8: So every year I do a you know, an avid cyclist, I do a road ride equal to the years that I'm married.
Speaker 2: WHOA.
Speaker 8: Well, Unfortunately, as you well know, I have long term side effects from number durna vaccine, and it's affected my cop and my exercise ability. But I'm still out there. So I couldn't do the fifty four miler this year. So I said, what am I going to do? So my friend comes up with this great idea. He says, Larry, here's what you do. Fifty four five plus four is nine. Go out and do a nine mile mountain by ride and we'll call it an accomplishment. So I did it today. I rode my favorite place to punk Hoorn in Horowich and brewster excellent. Here's next. Yep, that one. Yeah, so here's my next one. So today's our anniversary. So you know, is one of the long term side effects I have as I wasted my taste and smell. I haven't been out to eat much. So I said to my wife, Okay, on certain nights my taste is good. We're going to do short notice. We're going to go out to a restaurant to celebrate our anniversary sometime this week, right, you ready for this last weekend, she tested positive for COVID. H oh, well, I can't believe it.
Speaker 2: Put it off a couple of weeks, Larry, and you'll be all said, okay, So.
Speaker 8: She's feeling better today. So hopefully next week we're going to go out and have dinner and accomplish that bucket list.
Speaker 2: Sounds great, sounds great. Two good bucket list items. Thanks Larry, talk soon.
Speaker 8: Okay, bye, right.
Speaker 2: Good, let's go. Next up is Justina in Weymouth. Hi Justina, how are you.
Speaker 6: I'm well, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great? Thank you for calling. And you've got a bucket list for the summer of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 12: In fact, I do I pretty much, you know, accomplished. You know a lot of things this summer. I'm a teacher. I hike a lot, so that's great. But my bucket list has to do with a project I do with my student, some high school art teacher and I started this project, the Art of Veteran Project, which I have my students research veterans, interview them, and then we.
Speaker 6: Hopefully last year we had a small show.
Speaker 12: But we also sat with our local vecsends for our lunch in the schools go for a little while.
Speaker 8: But my bucket.
Speaker 12: List would be to have a meeting with you to tell you more about the project and maybe have you as one of the veterans this year.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm honored, I am absolutely honored. Where your your hangout? One in the South Shore? Yep, you know what I have. Rob, will give you my direct line, give me a call and let's see what we can do. And maybe what I can do is have you on the show and talk about it a little bit and let people know about it.
Speaker 6: Okay, that would be fantastic.
Speaker 2: All right now you hang on.
Speaker 12: Thank you so much, Rob.
Speaker 2: Robi my direct number and I'll call and I will get back to you sometime early next week, I promise. Thanks. Justina, Wow, that's that is a great, great bucket list item. She's doing a lot of great work there. Next up is Joe in Plymouth again, just down on the South Shore? Is it where Joe? You're next on NISA? Go right ahead?
Speaker 9: Oh, good evening.
Speaker 2: Then, Hey, Joe, what's your bucket list for this summer?
Speaker 9: So a couple of things. One's been a bucket list for quite a while, just haven't had the chance to do it. And that would be two. Uh, go in the water. You're not sugar, Maybe just a snowke on masks and Finns and watch a great white just observe them.
Speaker 2: You're a better man than I am. Joe. I'll look at pictures. That's that. You're not going to do that, are you?
Speaker 9: I would do it? Yeah, absolutely, Joe. Then, ever since the movie Jaws, I've been fascinated by great white.
Speaker 2: Please be careful. Make sure either you or the white are the great wike? Is it? Great white is in a cage?
Speaker 9: Okay, well you've seen the video out there, you shock. Wasn't this a great white going by the boat?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yep?
Speaker 9: And then the shock that came to show you saw that one? Probably right?
Speaker 2: Yes I did, Yes, I did.
Speaker 9: Neither were neither were gray whites. But when the shock gets in the boat, you know how strong they are?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I have some idea, Yes I do.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they haven't they don't have the water holding them back.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, I'm with you. I'm with you on that. Hey, Joe, I got a bunch of others. I got it. You certainly had the bravest man who's called the show in a long time. Okay, gotta keep rolling though. Okay, thanks Joe. I have a good one. Mike and Michael in Boston. Michael got you and two more, go right ahead.
Speaker 7: Michael, good evening, Dan, how.
Speaker 2: Are you good?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 7: Actually calling you has been on my bucket link since March and then against the song in June. And I never get around to your on another topic, or I say, well that's it's not going to be appropriate. Sometimes you have an open UH topic I can't get through or whatever. But uh, last March, we had what I considered to be a medical breakthrough. We had a pig pigs kidney transfer transplanted to a human being.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and sadly that gentleman lived for a few weeks but then passed.
Speaker 7: Yes, he lived for two months, but the news told us he didn't die from the transplanted kidney. They never told us what he died for. And there was never any discussion on the pig's kidney to the UH to the human being. You had doctors on of all kinds, and I enjoyed those topics, particularly the ophthalmology doctor I forget, I forget his name.
Speaker 2: So you want to have someone on to talk about the big big kidney transplant?
Speaker 10: Am I right?
Speaker 7: You never discussed it?
Speaker 8: You never did never.
Speaker 2: Never did you know? What? We'll try to see if we can get something on that.
Speaker 7: Okay, there's so much involvement here. It's very interesting when you get into it, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Michael, I promise we'll give it a shot. Is this your first time calling the show.
Speaker 7: No, I've called before.
Speaker 2: Okay, do me a favor. You also give me a call next week so we can talk off here. Rob will give you my direct line. Okay. I got to get two more in. Thanks Michael, don't hang up, don't hang up. Let's go next. Jim in Kansas City Gym. You're a little late. What's your bucket.
Speaker 13: List, Jim Dan, I'll be brief. Thanks for taking my call. Welcome back. I can't I just can't pass up the opportunity people. I think people underestimate what we have, what you have on your show. Just I kind of lived my life intentionally. I lived my life backwards. I partied and just did all my bucket list stuff when I was young, and now I'm just grinding it out. Work work work, work work. But uh so I can tell you either what I'm doing it for work, or I could tell you some of the things that I did.
Speaker 2: Right, You've got to give it to me quick, Jim. I got thirty seconds left and one other person. Give it to me quick.
Speaker 13: Mark Leeville death Ride. All right, Okay, get your next get your next guy, bye bye.
Speaker 2: All right, Thanks Jim. That's a good one. Karen. I got a maybe twenty seconds for you. What's your boy?
Speaker 14: Make it sure I because I've had some physical therapy the summer. There's some things I'd like to do. Visit friends in Lemester that I've wanted to visit, visit some friends in the Boston area. And I'll be going out to Maine in September to visit my step daughter.
Speaker 2: So so I'm traveling. I love it. I love it. Get out there and have some fun. Karen, have a great weekend. Okay, oh you too, talk soon. All right. Done for the week, everybody. It was a great week on night's side. Great to be back. I want to thank all of you listen and thank Rob. Thank Karen. To tell me who produced the program today. My name is Dan Ray. All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's my pal Charlie Rays, who passed fourteen years ago in February. That's where all your pets are who were passed. They love you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. See again on Monday night. Also, if you'd be so kind, have a great weekend. You deserve it. Thanks everybody, see you Monday night.