Speaker 1: Uh uh, what's up, Pricks?
Speaker 2: How you doing?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 3: God, hi, hey hey hey hey hey listen listen are you listening?
Speaker 2: Uh huh, Pricks.
Speaker 3: Okay, So there's this this thing has come to Hollywood, come to Hollywood.
Speaker 2: What am I talking about?
Speaker 3: They're an article came out on Deadline and we feel like we need to comment on it because, yeah, first of all, we know some of a few of the we know a little bit, we know some of the players.
Speaker 4: Well let's let me just tell you what it is. And some of somebody posted it on our Rose Pricks Facebook feed, so you guys know probably, But since this whole thing is Bachelor number one, that's what our podcast is. We do a lot of other things, but we're a bachelor group. As you know you're listening. There's trouble in Paradise, my god. Yeah literally, yes, I mean in every possible way, and we're a little bit scared. And I mean we've said this for a long time. Some shit needs to change, but I don't think we realized till like a lot of whistleblowers apparently went to Deadline or whoever they went to, we did not know how toxic the environment seems to have gotten over there at in the making of the Bachelor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so let's get into it.
Speaker 3: So just a tiny tiny bit of backstory that but which might be in this article, So I might be this might be overkill. We could we can like read from the article. This is how I think we should do it. We should read from the article, and then we'll just keep stopping and discussing anything that we have insight on.
Speaker 2: Let's start.
Speaker 4: Let me start, because the gen trand the way they start this article is really well written because they get right in there with what Jen had to go through. So Jen, we are he knew like in retrospect the shit we turned out who Devin turned out to be such a nightmare of a human. So I'll just read it as it says, Yes, as we know now and Stephanie knew earlier. Jen transtarved the last season obviously, the bachelorette was in tears, her mother sitting yards away as she watched footage of her proposing. I forgot she proposed to him to devn On abcs after the final rose. The engagement had not worked out and was over before Jen was forced to relieve that day alongside Devon. It was a decision that former Bachelor star Ben Higgins called quoth, cruel and unnecessary, which we all said as audience, as people watching the show, we were like, oh, this is this is rough, This feels like like abuse. Yes, and it was. Remember she said, and they say this in the article. Do I have a choice? She asked Jesse and he nope. He's like, it seems she didn't, So off we went. Now we find out in this article the decision to air the footage was made by Clay Freeland, who serves as showrunner and an EP of the Bachelor franchise alongside Bennett Rabner Rabi.
Speaker 3: Now these are names that we need to Yes, these are yeah, these are the players.
Speaker 4: These are the players, and they're relatively new players. Yes, so names we haven't really seen a lot. Claire made that decision to put in that position, put her in that position and air that proposal on live TV. A former producer said producers were screaming at them in the booth to stop and were ignored. They said she was falling apart. Now let's pause here because I kind of feel like, yeah, I'm a little torn. I'm of two minds. Because as a TV producer I can kind of understand. I mean, people watched it's cruel and unusual, but it's reality TV. It's not the first time they've shown a breakup or like a nightmare.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it was kind it was kind of the way it was done though, because Devin did not as you remember, Devin just did not give a fuck. No. I mean he really came up across like a sociopath and also knowing everything that had happened since. But yeah, I agree with you in the sense that, like when they showed that whole thing of I think it was Ari breaking up with what's her name, and.
Speaker 4: You had to hear them gulping every time, like the crying and like sendading, and they were.
Speaker 2: Like following her.
Speaker 3: Ari was having to follow her from room to room and she was like get out, go away, I don't want to talk to you, and then you know he'd be like, okay, but can I just talk to you for a minute, you know, and it went on forever. So and that was different producers.
Speaker 4: That was pretty bad too. But it's what it's the show. I mean, it's the drama. It's the thing. I mean, this is like what people kind of signed up for. But it's she was crying to the place where you can She's not an actress. She's not like, I don't think she's pursuing acting. So it felt like, oh my god, no, this feels like like a snuff film.
Speaker 2: I think I said that at the time, like this is crazy, this is insane. Yeah, yes, yes.
Speaker 4: So her story, it says, highlights the current behind the scenes state of Bachelor Nation. She came to a head earlier last week when a majority of production staff. So this is a production this is not we're not talking about the editors or whatever. This is just production side.
Speaker 2: We're five.
Speaker 4: They were asked as a result of ABC and Warner Brothers TV decision to pause The Bachelorette.
Speaker 2: So a bunch of people got canned.
Speaker 3: Right And by the way, in this article, right after the thing about Genran, it says, do you know why Freeland did it? Because it was her idea? Yeah, producers said so Claire, Yes, Claire's idea. So this is kind of what they're going to be talking about. So there's a power issue here is what it sounds like. So some people speaking with Deadline prior to the layoffs described one source, so they are hiding sources.
Speaker 4: People are scared, they need jobs. They don't want to fuck up their lives.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: They said it was a blood bath over Bachelor production. A dozen current and former crew members claim that Freeland, these two people were new people have run a quote toxic and hostile environment where only their ideas are accepted and others are worn to step in line. Or else they were they would be asked to leave. Now they deny the allegations.
Speaker 2: I have to say.
Speaker 3: So here's so, following Mike Flic's exit, Yeah, let's never forget that Mike flis like literally was a domestic violence against his wife.
Speaker 2: Right, are now divorced in Hawaii? Remember that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, and was kind of forced out. So following his exit, the show elevated three people to run the franchise. Claire Freeland, who had previously run The Bachelor in Canada, Grabner whoever that guy is, who had worked on the franchise since twenty eight and Jason Erlick, who has been involved in the show for over twenty years now, Right, you know Jason Erlick.
Speaker 2: So I know Jason.
Speaker 4: He was my boss, my main my head head, like head honcho boss when I was working out ready, for love. And I want to say because I when I saw his name, I was like, oh my god, what.
Speaker 2: But then it says okay.
Speaker 4: So the hope was, let me before I tell you that this trio of people could usher in a new phase for the Reality universe, you know, because they do need to step it up. It is a little antiquated, as we've said. But as you when you learn later, is that he left. He did not make it with these two. And what I want to say is going to surprise you. He's, like, legit, one of the nicest people I've ever freaking worked for. That guy was not only nice to me and supportive of all my stupid ideas and was like it was like a very happy lots of fear like we you know, when we were like coming up with date ideas, not like on set or anything, but just like very chill work environment, so fun. He would have little meetings just to like pump us up. Sometimes he'd be like, okay, nine o'clock morning meeting, and he would tell like inspiring stories and tell us how great that we were and what fun we were having and let's not you know, let's not ever like go home sad. I mean, he's a good dude, and I'm sorry if someone else has had a bad experience with him, and that might be, but I was so happy to see that was not in this article.
Speaker 2: So he's so good is not a positive thing.
Speaker 4: Yes, I like Jason a lot, and I mean, and I don't need to say that because I don't work in that universe anymore in reality television.
Speaker 2: But he's he seems like a really good guy.
Speaker 3: So but now they're saying that he has been part of the show for a lot of years.
Speaker 4: He's been part of the show, but not part of this trio. So he became part of this trio and these new people whatever, but then he left ended up leaving right whatever for whatever.
Speaker 3: And so it says a trio of other EPs, Nicole Woods, Peter Geist, and I know Peters as well, kerk Oh, you do.
Speaker 4: I think he was one of the I think he was one of the people there at one of our production people.
Speaker 2: I don't remember.
Speaker 4: But it says they oversaw the franchise on a day to day basis, but they also departed.
Speaker 2: They departed and then early took over.
Speaker 4: So this is we're going back the articles, taking us back before these two alleged crazies came in right, So it says that they worked. I mean we're talking. I think they're just trying to say, yes, it's in decades. It says, Meanwhile, the do you pronounce this word troika? I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's like a trio. Why didn't they do?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it didn't last long because they're being annoying. So the new people that we just said and Jason didn't last long. Deadline understands that Jason are like left after overseeing The Golden Bachelor, which we all know he did amazing things with and then he left. I would like I did try. I actually tried. When I saw his name on The Golden Bachelor. I sent him an email, but he didn't respond. It's probably a little busy, okay.
Speaker 3: So left days after Deadline revealed that The Bachelorette would skip its summer cycle. Came another bombshell moment for staffers on February twelfth, So that was ten days ago that from the time that we're recording this, staff assigned to work on The Bachelorette were told they wouldn't be returning to the franchise. News that cause shockwaves throughout the crew. It's not clear exactly how many were impacted, but these shows generally have a crew of north of two hundred people. Oh yeah, staff that are currently still working on The Bachelor, including on the specials that follow a season of the flagship show will continue and some staff may return.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's right, and they don't know. It's everybody's in limbo, which I can't imagine is super scary.
Speaker 3: Here's all of the shitty stuff, it says, and they also were saying that Ken Fuchs, who's been there forever. They insist Warner Brothers is covering their ass and saying that Fuchs remains an quote active part of the franchise. But it says the last two years, but particularly the last six months, have just been incredibly hostile, toxic, and horrible. One crew member told Deadline it's a dumpster fire right now, added another. Some of the departures have been budgetary issues, but Stafford suggests there's more to this than just money. Sources have said that showrunners Freeland and Grabner have passive aggressively criticized the work of people who have produced the show for years, ignored senior members of the production team. And here's what people are saying they sit behind their closed doors, they don't walk around the office, they don't talk to people when they're on set. They just sit with each other. They like the opposite of the opposite of Jason. Jason was like not that guy says, it's bizarre. I've never seen such horrendous leadership. Another former producer told Dateline quote, the most surprising thing of all is the silent toxicity at another crew member. Everyone thought it was just happening to their department, and it was only a few months ago when we realized it was happening to all of us. And basically, what we're going to find out is that they don't out although it's weird because it says they don't outright treat people poorly.
Speaker 2: They don't scream at people.
Speaker 3: It's more that everything they do is secretive and passive us and they know they're doing it to affect people. Could this be people being sensitive. I don't think so, because I've heard other stuff. So I have I know somebody, you know somebody, a girl that is a works on the show, and I know a guy and I have had it confirmed that the non disclosure agreement that everybody there is afraid for their jobs, for the for their sanity that they're they sign a non disclosure that is so thick that they're afraid to talk about.
Speaker 2: Their job to anybody.
Speaker 4: Oh and yes, that seems to be the case for sure, And then I would too. People have to genuinely protect themselves, Like what the fuck's going on over there? And I guess, I mean, I don't know if that's different than Love is Blind. I'm sure they have a similar stuff, right, but like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 4: This is this is bad. I mean, this is really like we should dig into who these people are. I'm gonna look this. I'm gonna look the lady up on Instagram as you go on. I'm going to see if I can find out more about her.
Speaker 3: Some One thing that was horrible when I started here were the hours they used to work us, like one hundred hours a week, said one source who's worked on the show for many years. But it's gotten much better. So they have this article as a bunch of people that are saying positive things, so we don't know, like, you know, another crew member said, they have been quote nothing short of professional, fair and kind. I've never seen them raise their voice, behave inappropriately or humiliate anyone. Claire and Bennett have brought real positive change to the work environment. A third producer said, quote, experience with Bennett Grabner as a boss has been exceptional. He's always treated me with respect and kindness. I can say the same regarding Claire Freeland.
Speaker 4: I found Claire Freeland, but I don't think this is her. You don't think she writes children's books as well?
Speaker 2: Probably not?
Speaker 3: So? No, no, okay, So here's something. So this person the Jody Baskerville, who was promoted to become the franchise's first black executive producer in twenty twenty one, left early in twenty twenty four. She worked on the story side of the post production division. Baskerville did not respond to a request for comment. Seven months and two show cycles after her departure, the studio hired Michael Margolis and Keeley Booth. Margolis and Booth previously worked on the Canadian version of Bachelor in Paradise, a show Freeland previously ran. The problem. Margolis is Freeland's husband, and Booth is an old friend. Warner Brothers has formal conflict of interest processes in place, as well as protocol protocols to be followed if hired, and the company said that a formal process occurred and the pair do not report to Freeland.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, I'm sending you a picture of Claire and she's exactly what you would imagine. Okay, just get ready to have your mind blown. Okay, like that is if that was then, Just the look on her face and the vibe that's coming off this photo.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine every day you're like.
Speaker 4: Already so tired, you're working like sixteen hour days, and you're like, yeah, oh shit, that's exactly who I thought she'd be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm going to read you.
Speaker 1: Well, that's basically the.
Speaker 2: Article is just outing these.
Speaker 4: Two and this is denying again, like we said, and Deadline did their due diligence. You know, they've denied the allegations, and there are people backing up that they're not that bad. And maybe you're right. Maybe some people just don't like the change and they're a little different in the way they run things.
Speaker 3: Somebody wrote anonymous comment, I'm gonna read We're gonna get into some of these comments though, because the comments are crazier than the article.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: So somebody wrote, Rob Mills is responsible for Bachelorette not being on the air this season, not these to bosos, and might I add Rob Mills is responsible for the fact that we can't get screeners right right yeah vibe yeah yeah, uh okaye. Not bullies, just professionals who loved what they do did to bring amazing, touching, human drama entertainment to many millions of people and see it ruined from the top down and not be able to do anything to stop the fall is soul killing. What you are reading is a come up and send It's overdue. Okay, hold on, there's I gotta find some of these comments, but some of them are on Reddit.
Speaker 4: I'm looking on the Deadline comments too, and somebody pointed out, which is kind of interesting. Are they the same people who do the casting it's been so bad lately, hard to watch anymore. We kind of disagree. We'll push back a little because we do love our grants. Yeah, okay, here's a comment. This is an anonymous comment. It's from today at eight am. This is the twenty second. This is from anonymous. This is incredibly validating. I was so excited to work on this series, only to find myself completely sidelined and unsure of my role. Eventually, I was told I didn't know how to do a job I had been successfully doing for nearly a decade. Whether intentional or not, I was on a contech.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at the same thing.
Speaker 3: I don't know when someone mentioned in this article deliberately tried to get the star of the series to speak poorly about me. They then use that conversation as leverage to cut my contract contract early, only to dismiss it with a condescending quote, TV is hard. When I left, It's the most patronizing thing anyone's ever said to me. I'll never forget it. I'm genuinely thrilled to see these people finally being exposed.
Speaker 2: I believe this. I believe now that you guys.
Speaker 3: Was this in Was this the article? I know, but I'm trying to think if this was in the article. There was something where, Oh, they said that Gary Golden Bachelor, Gary told the producer that he did not want to marry Teresa and they forced him.
Speaker 2: I believe it. That was a that was a.
Speaker 3: Bombshell in there said that they threatened to sue him or something.
Speaker 2: Oh, he didn't do it, they made him do it. I believe it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I believe it, And that's why everybody was so sort of tight lipped. Nobody really turned on anyone, you know what I mean. Like Teresa didn't really turn She's like, oh, well, we just want to live in different places.
Speaker 2: Whatever. He didn't turn out to be because of.
Speaker 1: These fucking non disclosure they have. They they are worried.
Speaker 2: About getting sued.
Speaker 3: Okay, this person says, get real difficult decisions in a time of dwindling ratings. As you say it, sure was heroic of Claire to hire her husband and best friend as executive producers. Stop looking boot and have some respect for the people who actually earn their spot.
Speaker 2: Okay, damn, it's okay. Here here's somebody who says. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was there for the meeting where Bennett said we are lucky to be working, as he was referencing a story in the trades about the state of our industry. Bennett also went on to say we're a wonderful crew and that he wanted the franchise to continue so that we can all still work and make great TV together. We also wore name tags. I have been with the show fourteen years and I still don't know eighty percent of the names I found that helpful. Nicole Woods had been there since the beginning and also didn't know most of the crew's names. She also was widely disliked because of her signature Karen behavior and energy, often injecting herself into conversations that didn't involve her. People learned how to tolerate her by clearing an area whenever she entered a room.
Speaker 2: Wait, what was her name again? That's not clear. Now it's Nicole Woods. I think I know her too. Let me look this up.
Speaker 3: Okay, go on, uh okay, this person writes back to that person Anon not married to Claire. Since if you have complained about the fact checking, I'll jump in here. Bennett never went on to say quote, we're a wonderful crew, and that he wanted the franchise to continue so that we can all still work and make great TV together. He said we should be grateful to have work at all. There was an awkward, deafening silence following Bennett's threatening remarks. One of the directors had to chime in after to say something and complimented the crew to show some semblance of leadership, something the showrunners have failed to do. As is clear by the statements in this article. Had they added that they appreciated our hard work, that meeting would have been very different. People are rightfully disheartened by poor leadership. Wow, I believe the people.
Speaker 4: I mean, like I can. They're all having this conversation in the open. How sad under like this anonymous? They can't have these like you said, you can't. It's like our dear leader, you can't speak out this.
Speaker 3: This person wrote anonymously, wrote, anybody's anybody going to mention that the name tags were implemented because one of them except the names of some people of color on the crew.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, but it's so I mean, Okay, here's another one.
Speaker 3: This is another anonymous comment. I work on the show and have for a long time. I can confirm that the work environment got noticeably more secretive.
Speaker 1: How secretive?
Speaker 3: A lot of us found out about The Bachelorette being paused from the February seventh deadline article, and two weeks later we still haven't heard a word from production about it. In essence, we were ghosted, but we've managed to piece together that the season was paused because certain parties want Bennett and Claire gone. And in the meantime, people's livelihoods hang in the balance. Bennett and Claire, if you two are reading this, you need to go now. Your egos do not outweigh everything else.
Speaker 2: God, I like that this is.
Speaker 4: Being exposed because we've all worked in reality TV, and you know, I mentioned Jason and then meister revising producer who was a friend of mine.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna let me.
Speaker 2: You are not going to like this, Okay, what.
Speaker 3: About Erlck threatening Golden Bachelor Gary when he told Erlick he didn't want to marry Teresa anything to keep his job, including threatening the cast. He's a sleazy, greasy producer, always has been.
Speaker 4: I'm going to stand up to that. They have a right to say that. But my experience with him was nice. I'm sure he has had his bad days, but he wasn't. I did not find him like that. And what I was gonna say is that I've worked in reality TV on a bunch of different shows and as of you, and it's a really bad place, if I may say. I mean, it's interesting that we never talk about it because we cover these shows, whether it's Bravo, whatever we're doing, Like there's a darkness there. There's a darkness that's worse than stand up comedy, do you know what I mean? Like there's a bad you know, you better fucking get these numbers or you're out. I was on a show. I'm not going to say what the show was, but it wasn't Ready for Love. That was also had it. It was a nightmare. But I was on this other show and uh, I did the best I could, and yeah, if they didn't want to have me back, that's fine. But instead of calling me into the office and saying, like, listen, are regular writers coming back or whatever, they just didn't say anything to me. And instead I watched one by one every single person around me, including the teleprompter guy, get a contract, get someone coming up and go, here's your contract. I could hear it right and left. And then that's how I knew I wasn't invited back because that never came. But there's a leadership world in which somebody could just be a kind person and go, yeah, you know, we're not going to have you back, but you've been great, Like just never had the conversation.
Speaker 2: I just was fired and like just didn't come back. Yeah, you know, when.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, like, I think that that's I think we need to talk about this shit more about what goes on in these what goes on to make these shows. Watch Watch Unreal. Everybody watch Unreal, because that's real. That was based on the real woman who left the Bachelor franchise, And like, I do believe she suit over that too. I'm sure she did, but I think it was worth the suit. They got many seasons out of it and it was phenomenal. Yeah, and you know, I can't stop talking about it.
Speaker 2: I worked on a show.
Speaker 3: I worked on a show many years ago, is my actually my first job in the business, and it was really got awful for no reason. The production of it was awful. So we it was a dating show, and we had to come up with interesting information about the person.
Speaker 2: So you had to it had to be like, how do I explain this?
Speaker 3: There was a thing where you had to guess if something's true or false about a person, and we had to have a couple of true things that were like sexy, and sometimes we would I would get you would be assigned contestants and then you'd have to interview them over the phone and find out some like juicy, funny, tidbits about them. For instance, you'd have to ask them questions like what's the weirdest place.
Speaker 2: You've had sex?
Speaker 3: But sometimes you would get contestants that were really young, like eighteen, you know, they were old enough to be on the show, but young, and they'd like I had a couple of them, or like virgins, my god, which is not that crazy to be a virgin at eighteen, right, So but to me, no that I'm still uly but our our boss. It was such a scumbag. He was really really gross. And I've told you this. He came from the world of he used to be a.
Speaker 2: Leader in est remember that, yes, yes, of course, oh my god. So it was very like tell it like it is, people love it.
Speaker 3: Well. He was just very cult leader ish and he was very kind of hostile to listen. There's people, there are people that I still know today that love him and feel like he gave them a start in this business. But I happened to know you would have to go, well, here's what would happen. You'd write a script. Then you'd have to go sit in his office and read it to him and pitch it to him, and he would get really mad if you didn't come up with something that's like raunchy about these people, and you'd get in trouble, like you'd threaten your job is lecture you.
Speaker 2: He'd tell you.
Speaker 3: I remember being told that I was a wink a week link on the staff because so you'd have to go and and sometimes you'd have to like make stuff up like that that's not even that crazy, Like uh, one time, and I've told this story. I believe I told it on a different podcast, but I had to. I wrote that this one girl who was a virgin. I said one of her skills is she can tie a cherry stem in a not with her tongue. Okay, I probably made it up, but I had to come up with something or I was gonna lose my job. So this guy, this producer, was like, Okay, you better not that better not be a lie. She better be able to do it. No, and yeah, and I had to sit there like my stomach hurt, you know.
Speaker 2: I was like uh huh.
Speaker 3: And he's like, yeah, I'm gonna bring a cherry stem and she's gonna she better fucking do it or you're or you're fired, thank god. And then he was just bluffing like he didn't really do that, but of course I was like so scared the day of the taping that she came in. I'm like, oh my god, please please, you know, let him make her do it, like I'm gonna die.
Speaker 2: Here's what part of it is.
Speaker 4: Here's what I think part of the issue is, which again we don't talk about, but like it's a lot of it was non A lot of the shows we worked on were non union, so there were the rules, and a lot of mine were non union, so they're not ready for love. But like the actually was. I think when we started it was. And then there was a there was like a revolt. There was like a revolution during the thing. I believe. I'm pretty sure that did happen. I think it started somehow. How could an NBC show.
Speaker 2: Be non union? Is that possible?
Speaker 1: Even?
Speaker 2: But I think it was.
Speaker 3: Well, they can call the producers, they can just call you a segment producer and not call you writers, And that s what they did.
Speaker 4: Are skilled, That's what Yes, So then there was like some kind of pushback on the crew. And it's this crazy now that I think about it, now that I have more knowledge, I'm like, wait, what and they get away with like it's crazy. And because of that, because when you think of a normal set, like a multi caam set of a show, like they have to have like you've got to break on time, you've got to have a really good craft like all these things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you don't.
Speaker 2: You're not covered. Reality TV is not covered.
Speaker 3: But you can't say like, no, you don't have to ask contestants sexually charged questions. There definitely are not ethics and morals involved in these shows. They're trying to get ratings and I don't know that a union would you know what I mean, I don't know that me complaining and saying that, hey, I don't have the stomach to you know, humiliate an eighteen year old or lose my job.
Speaker 4: I know, No, I get it. I'm not saying you. I mean we all did the same thing. It didn't even occur to me when I first took these kind of jobs where I was like, oh, yeah, no, of course I'm not unionized. Of course it's all under the table, and I guess that's fine. I mean I did a bunch of shows like that where I was like, everybody was just fine living their lives.
Speaker 2: I do remember the hours were.
Speaker 4: A lot longer, and we didn't get paid more because we weren't getting Golden time.
Speaker 2: We weren't getting like.
Speaker 4: What you're supposed to get with SAG or whatever, because you know, they do look out for you. They do make sure they're not overworking or under you know, underpaying. So a lot of these things that we watch and we love, like the Hours, and we've heard Bachelor contestants this is kind of different, but it comes still from the top down, like having to stand for so long. Like we had our friend Sondra from Golden Bachelor on the show and she's like, yeah, fuck that shit, I just sat down.
Speaker 2: Nobody's going to tell me to stand.
Speaker 4: And we loved that about like the senior, older people that are like, yeah, you're not gonna tell me what to do. But there are people that almost pass out they're drinking, they're not eating enough, they're drinking so much. Remember the stories we used to hear about, like Last Comic Standing, they would like purposely wake people up in the middle of the night and then just give them eminems to eat in the morning. Some crazy shit went down, and this is reality TV, So maybe this is the reckoning we need. These kind of stories.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just don't know that, Like I don't know that like any kind of union would help.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess you think so it.
Speaker 3: But look at what they tried to do on like Love is Blind, And now they make such a big deal about like showing them eating, like as if to say, like we're fine. Everybody's fine. People are having snacks, right, so they were complaining that they weren't getting fed.
Speaker 2: And I believe it.
Speaker 4: I mean, although that you live, you're living in a house, like they did show that on Golden Bachelor and showed like people walking around and opening the fridge and Jick you know, whenever he wanted to grill something up. So maybe that was changed. I still want to believe that my Adjason made it a nice you know, a nice set.
Speaker 2: It doesn't mean that.
Speaker 4: Everybody had a great experience with someone, right, I mean, these they're still in reality, they still have to keep their jobs as long as they can.
Speaker 3: I can understand a lot I do happen to know from from the stories that I'm being told that you're we're not supposed to repeat. But that's why we're keeping these sources completely anonymous. That it is scary and everybody's scared for their jobs right now. Yeah, and they don't like they don't give anybody there's no job security. It's just like you're going to make this TV show and for a lower and lower and lower budgets and if you don't like it, get the fuck out. There's four hundred people behind you that will take your job. And it's a little bit the world we live in. It's not just this, it's not just reality television. It's not just and that is scary as fuck and it's such a shame. Yeah, like you know, who's a really good boss though? This is You're gonna be surprised when I tell you this. But Elon Musk is like surprise, Like.
Speaker 2: He's a good guy. He's a good guy.
Speaker 4: He's now a lot of nice What if you guys, and what if somebody's new to this show and they're like, oh, I'm going to click on this. I'm very interested in this weird like bachelor thing and then they don't know we are we are joking.
Speaker 2: Remember that guy.
Speaker 4: That I went almost went out with that did work for Space, he worked for Elon Musk. Yes, And remember how I said, Okay, this is a Borday aft thing.
Speaker 2: But we'll leave you with this.
Speaker 4: I met this guy and we're supposed to go out. We never did, but we were texting back and forth and he was like a space guy. He's like he was like an astrophysicist or something. He was very I was very excited about him. And then I just tried to make a joke. I go, so, does Elon come into the office. He's like yeah, sometimes, I go, does he come in like through the dome like this? He like come in? Does he like descend from the ceiling in like an orb into the middle of the room, and he.
Speaker 2: Goes, no, just like regular.
Speaker 4: And I knew at that moment I was like, oh, this is probably not gonna It's too bad.
Speaker 2: I really thought it didn't work out anyway. But right like he thought I was serious that that was my question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, does he like, you know, just like the heavens open up of like kind of like a spaceball and then he just like descends in like a glitter orb. He just walks into the just regular. He's a parking space and he just.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, his.
Speaker 3: It has his name on it, but like yeah, just yea, and it's just cool.
Speaker 2: He just walks in through it. He opens the door and just walks in, walks out. Anyway, you guys, all right, thanks everybody.
Speaker 4: We'll stay safe and just like you know, yeah, hug somebody today who might be having a tough time at their job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And we want these.
Speaker 4: Jobs to continue because we want the show to continue because it's what we do and we love it, actually like it. So let's everybody get it together, be nicer and do nice things. Yeah, okay, bye bye,