Speaker 1: Dave Backrath fair naked Lady Sarah McLaughlin in the spirit of the season, cranket.
Speaker 2: God, rest you very gentle, but nothing you dismay. Remember Christ Star Save, who was born upon this day to receive us all from setans borrowing, we were gone a street boot tidings of comfort and joy, comfort and joy, woodsids of comfort and.
Speaker 3: Joy, comfort and joy.
Speaker 2: Trump God, I devenly bothered this blessed angel came, and a two certain chephers prout sidings of the same, How that in Bethlehem was born the Son of God by name.
Speaker 4: Boot tidings of confort and.
Speaker 3: Joy, comfort and joy, vote sids of comfort and joy.
Speaker 4: Boy, come on down, Star of Wonder, Star of Night, Start with Royal He ran westward the stand prosing, Guys that.
Speaker 2: I war thick like.
Speaker 3: And we're Sarah, Please.
Speaker 5: Ok Onbetha Helmes peace go bring to crown.
Speaker 6: Him again, King for.
Speaker 7: See Over song ring.
Speaker 3: Start Wonder Star of Night.
Speaker 8: Start with roy.
Speaker 4: Right, be wary, proceeding guys, Slapper big blackets.
Speaker 1: The Saturday morning before Christmas, December twenty first, twenty twenty four, before we look ahead and look back at significant events and people tied to this particular date. You know what, We're gonna save that because our friend Mametry has been on hold for about I don't know, forty five minutes, and we don't want a loser, especially on our Christmas show.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Mammetry, Oh holy.
Speaker 9: No, oh shigh, Oh gordyser in the world.
Speaker 10: With seeing me until he appeared, and the soul bilt.
Speaker 9: Is warm.
Speaker 11: For beond the brain a new one play of snow warning on.
Speaker 10: Your name, Oh.
Speaker 11: The ball.
Speaker 10: Hot isn't.
Speaker 3: Oh no?
Speaker 9: When Christ was the old.
Speaker 10: Oh holy, oh.
Speaker 11: Holy no, happy first day he scared. Yap you amen.
Speaker 3: Amen, That's all I need. God. That was so beautiful.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for being a part of this show and my life all year long. And thank you so much for getting on the phone early this morning to grace us with your version of old Holy Night.
Speaker 3: And it was absolutely I'm in tears.
Speaker 11: I lost my boys two days and this morning I said, oh God, please don't giry jap I do it. And a lady came, Wendy brought gifts and I said, pray for me, ma'am. I gotta do Holy Night and I don't have I have a proud boy she said, I'm gonna pray for you too. That was the Florence Elementary School group.
Speaker 3: We'll pray out arts.
Speaker 11: And gifts and we had a glorious Christmas.
Speaker 6: I guarage.
Speaker 11: I hope you have a very merry Chris and a blessed birthday and a blessing New Year.
Speaker 3: Praise Jesus for you. That was just wonderful. Thank you, Lynette. It's five forty one.
Speaker 7: It's the most wonderful time with the kitschenle belling and everyone telling you.
Speaker 3: Be a good cheer.
Speaker 12: It's the most wonderful Timely, Merry Christmas. It's the hobby sees and of all.
Speaker 1: With those meetings, and we delayed these history markers that usually occur at the beginning of the show.
Speaker 3: We will go ahead and wrap that up.
Speaker 1: For December twenty first, sixteen twenty the Pilgrims aboard the Mayflower went ashore in present day Plymouth, Massachusetts for the very first time. Would you pick December to come ashore in Massachusetts? Yeah, let's see eighteen ninety one, the first basketball game devised by doctor James n Asmith, believed to have been played at the YMC Training School now Springfield College in Springfield, Massachusetts.
Speaker 3: I wonder what he would think of the game today.
Speaker 1: Nineteen thirteen, the first newspaper crossword puzzle billed as a word cross puzzle published in the New York World. The oil tanker Argo Merchant broke apart near Nantucket off of Massachusetts. All kinds of Massachuset its history notes on December twenty first, almost a week after running aground, spilled out seven point seven million gallons of oil into the North Atlantic. The year was nineteen seventy six nineteen eighty eight. Two hundred and seventy souls lost when a terrace bomb exploded aboard a PanAm boeing seven forty seven near Loacabee, Scotland, sending wreckage crashing to the ground. See eleven of the twelve former Soviet republics formally proclaimed the birth of the Commonwealth of Independent States, The Wall torn down. The year nineteen ninety one. Hanoy Jane is eighty seven, Carla Thomas is eighty two. Great singer conductor Michael Tilson Thomas is eighty, Samuel L. Jackson is seventy six. Practicing new swear words I'm sure. Film producer Jeffrey Katzenberg seventy four. Tennis Hall of Famer Chris Everett is seventy. Kind of had a crush on Chris Ebert back in the day. Actor James Cosmeric is a sixty nine. Actress Leroy Parnell sixty eight. Today Ray Ramono, everybody loves Raymond. He's sixty seven. Keither Sutherland Keifer Sutherland rather is fifty eight. Golf Hall of Famer Kerrie Webb is fifty. Never had a crush on her. The French President Manuel Macrone is forty seven.
Speaker 3: And on this day.
Speaker 1: In nineteen sixty my dear mother was about to go into labor for the first time in her life. And what yielded the next day. We'll let God God sort this out. My birthday tomorrow and I will be the title of a Beatles song. Dick from Dayton is hanging next.
Speaker 3: It's time to head north to spend a couple of minutes with our friend Dick. Dick from Dayton. Good morning, Dick, after birthday, Carrol Jess, Well, not quite yet, but i I'll take it. Thank you so much, Dick.
Speaker 6: But you're welcome. Merry Christmas.
Speaker 3: Happy, No, you're a Christmas to you, sir. Let me ask you, Dick, Yes, did you receive any Christmas cards at all this year?
Speaker 6: I get not as many from Cincinnati. Now, I got one from my cousin Carla Tony, I got one from Carol, But no, I didn't not a whole lot this year.
Speaker 3: You didn't get one from Carol. You said you got one from Carol.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Carol from Cincinnati.
Speaker 13: Well then one of my other Carroll's.
Speaker 3: Always good for stuff like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I didn't get his. I think it's the posts, don't you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's let's blame it on the post office. Let's blame it on the USPS. Dick. That's good. I could be. I mean it could be. Could be. But if you have sent Dick a Christmas card in the past and you didn't get a chance to this year, remember his birthday is April fourteenth. What's that address again, Dick.
Speaker 6: Two five nine bow for Drive, Daton, forty Ohio four five four oh, Yes.
Speaker 3: And just address it simply to Dick from Dayton.
Speaker 1: You know what I got four Well the first time. Actually it's not the first time, it's multiple times. Yes, somebody is sending Brooksy gifts in the mail. Brooksy, of course is our cat dog. Yeah, and we want to we want to thank them for their kind gesture and sending Brooksy some drugs some cat drugs in the mad Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So anything else going on deck.
Speaker 6: No, it's been kind of slow. The last concert was in the in the uh Arsity dolsmers if we played it. We I haven't been playing much. The weather's been so bad. It's been icy around here. You know, it's been a little.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 6: I was just gonna say, uh, we got to celebrate your birthday. Dave's got to come down here and we have to get you know, have a good time again.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I will tell you there will be.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 3: I'm planning an on air celebration of.
Speaker 1: Both mine and the music professor Jim Lebarbara's birthday when I fill in for Willie this coming Monday on the twenty third of belated birthday Park and we're going to include west Side Jim Keefer his birthday was on December twelfth. Yeah, we all we all missed that one. So we're gonna just keep together and celebrate. Have I heard from Davy? I heard from MVA text this morning. He he wanted to know about uh about the Bengals.
Speaker 6: No, they're gonna win.
Speaker 15: They'll win.
Speaker 13: They'll win.
Speaker 15: You know, they'll win.
Speaker 6: They're gonna the way Josel has been playing Jerry Jeff, they're gonna tear that team up.
Speaker 3: Well, give me a give me a pick Bengal Bengals twenty seven. That's the first time you've ever made that prediction.
Speaker 6: Say good night, Dick, Good night, car Jeff.
Speaker 3: Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas.
Speaker 4: Sad night.
Speaker 1: Keep those cards and letters coming in to Dick. I'll bye, We'll take a break and meet you at the top of the hour.
Speaker 3: Aulate your home with US Insulation call three eight one three six two six three eight one foam on the web at USA insulation dot Net. Into the first official hour of the Saturday Morning edition for this Saturday, December first, twenty twenty four, the weekend before Christmas. And you know what, after that first half hour and Lynette Mammetry in her renditionable Holy Night, I don't think that I told Liam, our producer during the news break, that I said, you know what, if we just stopped right now, it'd be a perfect show that first half hour. But there is so much more to come, including a visit with our friend Dave from Harrison. Remember when you ran away and I got on my knees and begged you not to leave because I go but sir, well, well you left me anyhow.
Speaker 5: And then the day's got worse and worse, and now you see I've gone completely out of my rock completely.
Speaker 3: It's time for day. Good morning, Dave, Merry Christmas, my hair many God, that's right. I'll be the title of a Beatles song tomorrow.
Speaker 13: Dave, there you go. Congratulations.
Speaker 3: Where the heck did you find that rendition? Uh?
Speaker 16: It was a Christmas present, I'm pretty sure a few years ago.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, Dave, what do you get when you cross a snowman with a vampire?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 3: Frostbite? Frost bite bite, yes, you do. What's the difference. What's the difference between snowmen and snow ladies?
Speaker 16: Well?
Speaker 17: I know that, I think everybody else does too, but I ain't gonna say snowballs.
Speaker 3: Yes, what happens? What happens when missus Claus wears yoga pants? You get misletoe?
Speaker 16: All right?
Speaker 14: So yeah, the first uh, the first Christmas?
Speaker 17: Okay, the wise men come riding up on our camels and they go to the mangers scene where they see the.
Speaker 16: Glow happening, and they dismount and they walked up and they say, we've been traveling so far following this star.
Speaker 17: Is this where the christ child lays? And there's a silence, and then one brave young sheep from the back says nah, nah, And one of the goats says, that's bad.
Speaker 16: That's been bad. Of course it did.
Speaker 3: Okay. What's the punchline?
Speaker 16: Peace, hope and love with us always.
Speaker 1: God with us Come Emmanuel, as my friend Ray Scott reminded me this morning. By the way, Ray, who used to own the Village Grocery in Loveland, came in with breakfast to celebrate my birthday today.
Speaker 3: Say hello to.
Speaker 16: Ray Dave, Hey, Ray, how you doing? Love hearing from you?
Speaker 3: Well, hold on, say hi Ray, Hi, Ray, All right, say good night Dick Dave. I just want you to know how much I really enjoy this role reversal. You and Gary Jeff have go on here. God bless you brother, Merry Christmas tee ay Man. Same to you, Hey Dave, you got one more Well.
Speaker 16: Why what does the gingerbread man use to make his bed?
Speaker 3: What does the gingerbread man use to make his bed? Tell me cookie jokes?
Speaker 18: Told by Day from Harrison are not necessarily considered funny by the staff, management, or advertisers of seven hundred WLW or his parent company, iHeartMedia. If these attempts at humor have caused you to roll your eyes, made your stomach churn, or you have considered the entire exercise to be a colossal waste of time, we deeply apologize. Now back to our irregular programming, time for a.
Speaker 3: Visit with old radio Rick. Good morning, Rick, Good morning, Ricky?
Speaker 14: Are you there?
Speaker 13: Good morning?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry you couldn't hear.
Speaker 1: I was drowned out by the pretenders, which sounds like a wonderful way to go.
Speaker 16: Yes, indeed it is.
Speaker 13: Hey, Merry birthday and happy Christmas.
Speaker 3: Sir, Thank you, sir, God bless you, and merry Christmas to you. So how are you receiving this this morning? On what we've got?
Speaker 1: Just a scan few minutes because the commercial gods, little g have decided that we only have till twenty one.
Speaker 13: After then I'm going to fly through this. This is a nineteen thirty seven silver tone tabletop three band eight two radio. It's battery powered. It has an RF stage and two IF stages which means it is one heck of a hot DXer. And so let's jump to the catalog, shall we. Sure sensational new economy silver tones now save you twenty to thirty percent. Not inaccurate, but they're not talking about money, they're talking about battery saving. These are low power tubes, which are awesome, and they scare the crap out of me every time because they only take about a half secund warm up, Like, why is it already? Okay, So according to the catalog, way up in Alaska, silver tones satisfy all. And then it says there are ten silver tones in this very small vicinity. Vicinity so history note nineteen thirty seven, the population of Alaska was apparently ten. Continuing on a thousand miles from Seattle. Everyone is satisfactory, Wow, strong praise indeed. And then we jumped down to the six inch band spread flash o light dial lights only when tuning automatically. Well, okay, that's a lie, because yes it's brilliant. If you're gonna have to put dialites in a battery radio, you don't want them on all the time because it'll drain your batteries. But the automatically thing is, yes, your left hand will automatically push down the volume knob to turn on the light.
Speaker 16: You get used to doing it.
Speaker 13: Whoopsie, And we'll close out by saying, oh gosh, where is it? All the fine features are showing at the list of this model. It is the thrill of a lifetime for your family. Okay, Well for eight hundred dollars, that's that's a pretty good deal.
Speaker 3: Better than a.
Speaker 1: Ride, better than a ride in the family truckster with the Griswolds. Uh so, Liam uh While we have Old Radio Rick on the line in just a minute or so, would you like to say anything to Old Radio Rick about his wonderful work on that beautiful radio that he repaired for you.
Speaker 3: Well, it's greatly appreciated. It's beautiful.
Speaker 5: I've been kind of scared the figured it out yet and I've been gone, but I was planning on this weekend.
Speaker 3: Get it rolling so cranked up for Christmas. Baby. Yeah, listen to the gay Jeff Walker.
Speaker 1: I wish Yeah, check out mister Washburn Washburn at Old Radio Rick at gmail dot com. With a minute, We've got left leam. While you're there, tell me about the college football playoff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, first round began last night, Notre Dame topped Indiana twenty seven to seventeen. Notre Dame faces Georgia on New Year's Day. SMU travels to Happy Valley to face Penn State at noon. Texas hosts Clemson at four. In Tennessee, Ohio State face off of the nightcap, kicking off at eight. The nineteenth ranth Cincinnati Bear Cast defeated the Dayton Flyers sixty six to fifty nine in a clash at the Heritage Bank Center. Last night, Kentucky faces Ohio State at Madison Square Garden at five. You can catch all that action on ESPN fifteen thirty Xavier host ninth rinth Marquette. This afternoon. Pregame covered begins at eleven. Catch all the action right here on seven hundred WLW, and of.
Speaker 1: Course, Bengals Browns tomorrow. Our coverage begins at nine a m. Sharp for the one o'clock kick at the Home of the best. Bengals covered seven hundred WLW. A Bengals update just ahead. As we continue on this Saturday morning, it is twenty one minutes past the hour.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy that centers on his way.
Speaker 3: We've got the missiletoe and a consent form. You need to sign initial and half notarized before we pack a right. I know it's almost time for Christmas Day. Enjoy the season.
Speaker 19: Not big Jolly one seven hundred jalil jalauis.
Speaker 3: Last day coverage varies by plan, you, contracts and exclusions at Durranceorenty dot com.
Speaker 20: If you're driving a car truck with an expired warranty and suddenly lost your transmission or needed a full engine repair, would a four thousand dollars repair bill leave you stranded? I'm Danica Patrick. Don't get caught off guard with a vehicle breakdown. Choose the company I trust. Endurance no matter the mileage. If your vehicle is less than twenty years old, Endurance offers auto protection plans for any budget, protection on the drive train, electrical transmission AC and more, plus twenty four to seven roadside assistance and rental car reimbursement on any plan. Endurance handles everything from making the claim to paying the certified mechanic of your choice. Act now out and get one full year of Elite benefits a two thousand dollars value.
Speaker 19: Free call for your fast free quote today. Call eight hundred four to three one eight nine five eight. That's eight hundred four to three one eight nine five eight eight hundred four to three one eight nine five eight.
Speaker 3: iHeartRadio is your number one app for the holidays. Just open the app and search holiday and start listening.
Speaker 21: Now you'll see and your local Ford Dealers on seven hundred WLW, the home of the best Bengals coverage. Got a few wants to spend with Bengals head coach Zac Taylor joins me and a big story from last week their coach, of course, was your back and forth with Joe Burrow on the bench, and you made the point is you love his intensity, you love his ed, you wouldn't trade it for the world. Is there anybody else on this team who's like the opposite so that devil make care attitude till the whistle blows and they just can put it in gear when they have to.
Speaker 3: That's a good question.
Speaker 22: I think uh Or Lander Brown's that way a little bit in locking off the field and on the field, his demeanor is very different.
Speaker 21: Going back to early in the season with the losses the talking Heads on TV, he said that Zach Taylor course plans for his team to peak in December, for the run of the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Number one, was that true? And number two, if it is, is it working.
Speaker 16: Well?
Speaker 22: We need to continued win games in December, that's for sure. But we didn't put ourselves in a great position to control our own destiny. So now we just got to take a one game at a time and do what we can control. But certainly we didn't do enough early in the season to put our season in our hands.
Speaker 21: Yeah, bad news on Sam Hubbard. He had his first touchdown. He looked fine when he got up, he was celebrating. Was that just pure adrenaline or did something happen between there and the bench?
Speaker 22: No, I don't think anything happened between there and the bench. He was certainly excited the moment, and then maybe when he got over the sidelines he felt it a little bit differently.
Speaker 21: Yeah, made the point in your press conference, and I hadn't thought about that. But Mems is playing really tough. Has been up against the toughest pass rushers in the NFL this year. If you go back and look at a week after week, he's getting the job done.
Speaker 22: We filled every week. You know, we paid these guys. We've got to figure out how to protect him, and he's done an excellent job. And he did it with no training camp.
Speaker 3: You know, he got hurt.
Speaker 22: He didn't play in a single preseason game. He didn't get to go in any of the joint practices we had, so it's still very raw in a lot of ways. Didn't play a lot of college games, didn't have a training camp, and he's playing the way he is right now, so I'm really excited for his future.
Speaker 21: All Right, got Cleveland coming up, and quarterback Dorian Thompson Robinson's in there.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen much of him. How mobile is he?
Speaker 14: He's mobile?
Speaker 22: You know, he had a really good run against this last time. We staid didn't walk coming out of UCLA. He can really make plays with his legs and beat it that way. So we got to be on top of all the details. But he's a talented player.
Speaker 3: Maybe no Nick Chubb would be a break, I would think.
Speaker 22: Yeah, I'm pretty confident Nick won't play.
Speaker 3: A great player.
Speaker 22: Had a lot of good petishing against them, but doesn't look like he'll be playing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 21: All right, well, listen, best of luck in Cleveland, and have yourself a great Christmas, and we'll talk to you on the other side of that.
Speaker 22: Okay, thanks Mike.
Speaker 3: With a constantly changing landscape of technology, it's important to I'm toasting you. Sit, honey, we may be through. You'll never care me complay. Gods were the whiskey round Land, the ojay.
Speaker 1: What I got friends in all kinds of different places to be honest with, But I love these folks. The gang has gotten together at a little bar, a little establishment, a little pub, watering hole restaurant in Ripley, Ohio.
Speaker 3: Once again. How now, Brown County, It's the gang at Brookies. Good morning, get bored? Sherry? Are you feeling horny? You brought your hooter?
Speaker 23: I'm very horny today.
Speaker 13: I heard that soday.
Speaker 3: Thank you Lisa, Thank you Sherry.
Speaker 13: It's good to hear from you, guys.
Speaker 1: So what's going on at Brookies this morning? Besides the fact that it's just butt cold and it's too early for any of you to be drinking.
Speaker 13: There's ugly Christmas sweater contest tonight about eight o'clock.
Speaker 1: You know, I always wondered about the origins of the ugly Christmas sweater, because if any sweater that is celebrating the birth of a savior can't be ugly, really, can it. Nobody's talking. Here's my answer.
Speaker 24: All right, you were the judge of that contest a couple of years ago when I won, Well.
Speaker 3: Yes, but but I wasn't.
Speaker 1: I wasn't.
Speaker 3: I wasn't judging the ugliness of the sweater. I was judging what was underneath.
Speaker 16: Are you going to come down tomorrow for the special show from the Rockets?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I understand that there's a new addition to the weather Rock, and and there have been because I know this is a major tourist attraction in Ripley. Besides Brookies and the Rankinghouse and other famous notable landmarks. Is the weather Rock that was actually a product of I believe the old Jerry Jones first and then Sherry carried on the narrative the Green Hornet and the weather Rock is facing pretty tough times lately. It was turned over and not quite up to snuff. But it's I understand, it's all fixed and there are some new additions. Tell me about the additions, Doug.
Speaker 3: The addition is the lineup of Rockets with the weather Rock like the dance the dancers from Radio City Music Hall.
Speaker 16: In New York.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you don't have to go all the way to New York City for it.
Speaker 16: You can just pull up right in front of snappers and see, uh.
Speaker 23: Rock cats.
Speaker 16: Yeah, the perfect place to stop. And let me see.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at the text you sent me, Doug and the image. Oh I see it's the weather rock and like six little pebbles underneath it. Those are the rockets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well what is what is? What is the weather rock and the rockets? Say, Sherry, about weather this weekend?
Speaker 13: About this weekend.
Speaker 23: It's cold and it's a little bit windy too. Had a little bit of snow on us, a little bit of snow this morning. Yeah, we had a little around the edges. So yeah, the rockets were free from their rock saft.
Speaker 1: Cherry's not a Cherry's not a chief meteorologist. She's, as Gary Burbank used to say, she's a cheap media urologist.
Speaker 16: Uh.
Speaker 1: Merry, Christmas, guys, Chris, bye, gang the guy, Thank you, the Brookies gang.
Speaker 3: On a Saturday morning, Steve from Mettna coming up. Oh for Christmas only in my dreams you come plum have snow, oh on missile toe.
Speaker 7: On press all.
Speaker 3: And now folks, we turned to the soothsayers. Mercy, one of the great commentators on the news of the world and its history.
Speaker 1: And we are blessed to always have this man's contributions on Saturday mornings.
Speaker 3: Steve Simon from ETNA, Good morning, Stephen.
Speaker 24: Good morning, sir. Here's the deal on the budget process in Congress. The last time Congress really did this was nineteen ninety six. The current Continuing Resolution, which is supposed to simply keep the government going on at the same dollar figures, is the thirty fifth in recent memory by any stand. This is not how to run a railroad. Wow, it took fifteen hundred pages of script to say that. No one is going to read all of it, only that part that that member of Congress tried to push through.
Speaker 16: Where are the.
Speaker 24: Tree huggers when all those trees had to be cut down to make the paper to print this porn? Okay, I ad met all the port only took one thousand pages. The other five hundred were ads for PBS. And we still have to watch those obnoxious pledge drives or public TV tells us they will have to get more money from us in taxes. The folks in East palestineo Ohio could tell you this is not a good way to run a railroad. By the way, I did not see the victims of Norfolk Southern getting any more money this time. At least Norfolk Southern paid a lot of money for the destruction they caused in eastern Ohio. How about that Singapore ship the Dolly that wrecked the Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore, oh Say? Can you see just one hundred million dollars so far from them? The CR this week coughs up the remainder of the two billion dollar price tag to build a new bridge. The Purpse therefore only paid five percent. I am in the wrong business. Can you imagine how hard it's going to be for Cincinnati, Ohio and Kentucky to get any money out of the folks who set fire to.
Speaker 13: The Big MacBridge?
Speaker 24: Excuse me? And who were the clowns who let the bums anywhere near that bridge? But there's some good stuff in the CR. Also, the California Congressional Delegation got a resolution passed which would abolish all gasoline powered drones by twenty thirty five. Never mind that there are no gas powered drones presently. I'm kidding, of course, but I fear Congress will actually do this. In January back to what is actually in the cr land was purchased for the Washington Commander's NFL franchise to build a new stadium. So now we not only have to pay to build those Tajba halls, but also to buy the land. Isn't that fascism? If I were in Congress, I would vote for this if the land is on an Indian reservation and the commanders revert to the Washington Redskins, take that, you forkedtungue white devils. Speaking of football and crooks in Washington, d C. The alleged President Joe Biden is right on top of the events he waited in this week on the Ohio State Tennessee game. Yeah, excuse me, Joe's betting all that money he and Hunter made in China and Ukraine on the Bucks saying, and I quote Woody Hayes is the best damn coach in college football, and all they have to do is run the ball right up the middle like they did against Michigan Oka. Joe also has a solution to the drone problem, which he blames on Trump. Naturally, He's arranging for the Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg to release Luigi VANNGEONI long enough to shoot all the drones down, Joe says, Luigi's record so far is one to zero and shooting, so it's a sure thing. Joe is apparently unaware that the Continuing Resolution has already appropriated two billion dollars for Wiley E Coyote and the AcBe Manufacturing Company to drop and bills on the drones from retired Boeing seven point thirty at the same time killing the roadrunner who infected that Louisiada farmer with the bird flu and pardon me and you news the Cherokee Nation has gotten into the Partning Act for giving Massachusetts Senator Liz Warren for claiming she is a squaw and using that racist term. The Cherokees are hoping to get the Washington Redskins franchise. This is on the heels of scher Bono partnering gypsies, tramps and thieves. More on that from the music professor next Hour, Happy Birthday Jim and Gary, Jeff, Wow, I'm glad I got that out of my sight too. And this just in the Department of Government Efficiency or DOGE is reportedly already out of money and it doesn't even exist yet happy birthday, Jesus.
Speaker 13: Take care of yourself all right.
Speaker 1: Thankfully, A lot of the garbage he was talking about in the proposed omnibus spending bill, which did not pass, was snipped out. Thank you to Steve Simon, and Merry Christmas to you, sir. It's six fifty three on a Saturday morning. Great to have you with us, says Saturday, the weekend before Christmas. On seven hundred wlw into another hour of a Saturday morning Nation for Saturday, December twenty first, twenty twenty four, Gary Jeff Walker at yours service, about six minutes past the hour. Someone texts me during the news on the report of the quote unquote Christmas Tree bill passed in Columbus. Bengals get tax break, welfare for kings and princes. Crony crapitalism at its worst. Interesting observations, more continuing resolutions that continue to baffle.
Speaker 16: It starts.
Speaker 3: See tree and some green red roses too. I see them blue.
Speaker 14: Following you, and I think to myself.
Speaker 3: What I wonder? What a wonderful world it is.
Speaker 1: Our friend environmental engineer Steve Shulty joining us on a Saturday morning. It's too Among other things, talk about Delaware, the home of Joe Biden, rejected our solar power.
Speaker 3: Good morning, my friend, and early happy birthday to you as well.
Speaker 15: Yeah, next Tuesday, Christmas, Eve Baby, I hit the next decade seven zero.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, and think about you had all the things that have transpired and you're still and you're still kicking Steve.
Speaker 3: That's that's right.
Speaker 15: And happy birthday to you and the prof. I know it's tomorrow, but yep, yep, so we're gonna talk about.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 15: Something just released on Thursday. On Thursday from sea fact dot org at c f A c T dot org Conservation Nation Biden's Delaware Rejecting Solar. A new episode of Sea Fact's video series Conservation Nation was just posted.
Speaker 16: Uh.
Speaker 15: Sea Fact travels to Delaware, home to our supposed President Joe Biden, to expose how residents of the first State are not sold on solar and as we already have discussed, Gary Jeff solar power power source out there, even by our own Department of Energy, which I always like to call it Department of Lethard g Solar has the lowest capacity factor of all energy sources, only functioning just twenty five percent of the time for over a year. And so what this means is is that when you hear headlines that let's say one hundred megawats solar project is going to be installed, and it will be and it said the power twenty thousand homes, But this is based on the installed capacity. That is, that's how much power the solar project will do. At the best of times, it's only twenty five percent, so it really only powers five thousand homes, which is one of the reasons why solar is so so expensive and requires you and I and our fellow Americans to force to be subsidized these as the Boondogo projects. But despite Delaware going all in, you know it's supposed to be one of those dates to be all green, in a couple decades, only one hundred and seventy two megawatts has been installed, which is a four percent of the electrical generation. It still depends on natural gas, which supplies eighty seven percent of the state's electricity. Ouch, if you're concerned about the carbon footprint and two of the Delaware Delaware I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's going on with your phone, but every minute or so it cuts out and I miss something important.
Speaker 3: That you're saying, so start this last sentence. Again.
Speaker 15: Delaware is so small it only has three counties. In two of these counties, locals are fighting to stop the spread of dozens of proposed solar installations. That they're concerned about solar desertification, which puts wildlife, natural beauty, and farming at risk. So what happens that basically these solar farms become like deserts is anybody knows if you put something under shade all the time? Yep, well, I means no wildlife and destroying. Actually a green.
Speaker 1: Earth, Solar and wind are two of the least green energy sources that we have available to us. And once again, Delaware's rejection of this is the It is the precursor of things to come, I predict and gladly. So, Steve, I wish you a merry Christmas, Happy Birthday. I gotta run, gotta run. It's there all right, thank you, brother. It's seven eleven at seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: Into another hour of the Saturday morning. It iss for this Saturday, December twenty first, twenty twenty four, Gary Jeff Walker, GJ. Dobbs.
Speaker 1: On the weekend before Christmas, some special guests coming. As a matter of fact, someone specials on the line right now. Is this mister birthday Tuba.
Speaker 15: It is indeed as threatened to birthday Tuba.
Speaker 3: Well do your worst or your best.
Speaker 16: This is for.
Speaker 15: Barbara also except for the very end.
Speaker 22: Mhm h.
Speaker 7: Uh uh.
Speaker 15: Uh uh.
Speaker 8: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: Oh God, bless you. J that's wonderful bird.
Speaker 14: A very good birthday, and I'll see you soon.
Speaker 1: All right, fantastic mister birthday Tuba on the weekend of mine in jim Lebarbara's birthday. If you're celebrating a birthday tomorrow in the twenty second, I guess that was for you too.
Speaker 3: Time for a science minute, my friend's science Mike on the line.
Speaker 7: Yes, as a nightly scientist.
Speaker 18: He was surprising of the bell binding.
Speaker 14: Me with.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Michael.
Speaker 14: It's hard to follow. Hey, mister Tuba, I am to your spin valves.
Speaker 3: That was good.
Speaker 14: That was good, good breeding, that was good, good technique. If other than that, I've got the saxophone out and play Happy Birthday.
Speaker 1: You know he plays tuba, he plays flugel horn, he plays several other brass instruments, so I guess you could say, even at his advanced age.
Speaker 3: He is one horny fellow. Thank god.
Speaker 13: We need a triangle player to go.
Speaker 14: Along with him.
Speaker 3: You need to try and gole what you got real quick, Mike?
Speaker 14: Okay, uh, the real quick? Hey, Roco the first kel log cornflake boxes. I think he clipped ten top box tops off and got a box of Kleenex with the purchase of those. You gotta got less of the whole shows, Gary got what's the whole show?
Speaker 16: That? Okay?
Speaker 14: Okay? In honor of doge uh, we have a study of what they call propreception, Gary Jeff. And that's the study of how the body continually setses its articulation and movement. And we want to see how the body is nervous system detects unexpected events like you know, uh jolts and falls and sometimes you have some teof strokes and understand how the body corrects for for balance and.
Speaker 3: Things like that.
Speaker 14: But what did we study. We studied the we build a special two built treadmill system, Gary Jeff, for for fruit flies, Yes, fruit flies, because fruit flies have a fully mapped nervous system, and they're able to easily go into the fruit flies nervous system on these miniature built two built treadmills, and they adjust the neurons of certain legs.
Speaker 3: On these fruit world, do you build a treadmill for a fruit fly?
Speaker 14: You have first they have a very small screw driver.
Speaker 3: And so our tax payer money went to that.
Speaker 14: Yes, yes it did. They said that, They said, a new fruitfly treadmill speed record millimeters per second.
Speaker 3: What did we learn from this, Well, we learned how.
Speaker 14: The fruit fly legs actually speed up and moved back and forth as we changed a two belt system on the on the treadmill, speed up one side slowed down. Affect the neurons of the of the fruit fly. See how it affects the legs and and things of that nature.
Speaker 3: So, okay, I guess it was money well spent.
Speaker 14: And you know, just to for note, represented de laure that they did not have any specific type of sexual sex for fruit fly. And I don't say did male or female fruit flies? But oh, okay, okay, she was interested. You know, you know she is, right, who's that Representative Delaua in Congress. She's with the kind of has the purple hair.
Speaker 3: Kind of oh one of those okay, yeah, one of those.
Speaker 25: I know.
Speaker 14: I'm just saying, I'm just just giving information.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, I'm not shooting the messenger. Happy, Happy Merry Christmas to you, Michael, and for being a part of the show for so many years. I really appreciate the gifts that you give every Saturday morning.
Speaker 14: I appreciate your appreciation.
Speaker 3: All right, Thanks man. Eight eleven seven under WLWR Special Guests Neck Reunion of Souls and Let's go to Love. So let's go to our guest this morning in studio, Brother Rick Green from Sparrowork, Cincinnati, his friend Savant and his new friend Curtis, all connected with the movie about Rick Green's life that we've been talking about now for well for a long time.
Speaker 1: Rick's been this has been what he feels like is God's mission. God's calling for him to tell his story about how God totally changed his life.
Speaker 8: And Rick, it's great to have you with us this morning. Brother, Hey, thank you for having us this morning. Gary John, I love this show.
Speaker 3: I love you.
Speaker 8: I want the world to know this man was the first one to financially donate to the project, and you humble me. And I'm grateful for our friendship. I wish I could have done more. So I tell you before we get to our other guests, Savant and Curtis Bible verse please, word of God, please. Well, here we go, Matthew Chapter one, verse twenty one. She gave birth to a son, and you are to call him name a mess it. I love Gary, Matthew one, chapter twenty one. She will give birth to a son, and you will give him the name Jesus because he will save his people from their sins.
Speaker 1: Amen, God with us. All right, So let's talk about this movie. We're about about set to roll it out in next year, right, Rick.
Speaker 8: Mark six five. I cannot wait. Gary, It's been nine years in the making.
Speaker 1: I remember when when you started doing the movie and you had secured Savant as your director at.
Speaker 3: Renter and shot it did They added, we just kind of do it all. You're a one man shot man. You're You're unbelievable. You're a buzzsaw. Uh huh. So, uh tell me how do you feel about where we're at now with the movie, Savant? I feel good.
Speaker 26: I believe the message is still prominent. The it was presented well, you know, and that was that was part of my connection with Rick. It's it's to be able to present his his his story in the best way possible, and I feel good about it.
Speaker 1: But the thing is, it is his the story of his life and how God came into his life and totally changed his life from from a prison cell.
Speaker 3: To you know, waiting for Glory and and Curtis is here. Curtis, you play Rick in the movie? Right? That's I do? All right? So how did you come to this? You just answered a Facebook ad or what? What was the deal?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So what happened?
Speaker 25: Was it like it had been a while since I last had an acting role. It was maybe three months. So I was looking on Facebook hopefully wondering that if I could secure a role by anyway, it might have been Facebook. And so I saw Savants ad where they were looking for a African American between eighteen and eighteen and forty five to play the role of Rick, and I was like this, I fit the description right exactly. So I saw I hit him up and then he and then he said that I got the role. And then that's when I found out that it was the lead role. Because I didn't know which role it was at first. I just know that it was a role. And you know, since I'm an up and coming actor, I can't really be greedy.
Speaker 3: Are you from Cincinnati area? Yes?
Speaker 25: I am born and raised where about downtown Cincinnati? Downtown, yes, sir.
Speaker 14: So.
Speaker 3: Uh, do you feel like playing this role has changed you?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 25: Not necessarily so, because like when I step into a character that's exactly who I am, and when the camera's cut off, I'm back to being myself.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I get that, But I would think that this is such an inspiring story. I know the story. Oh no, it's definitely an amazing story.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 1: And and people, I can't imagine it not having some effect on you personally. And and maybe that time will come, maybe that that that's something that because you know, it's not in our time, it's it's on God's time, absolutely, you know, Rick any anything to add to all of this, And and the anticipation and obviously must be killing you to wait until March to see this so by the time, by the time the four seventy one bridges opened up, the movie will be out.
Speaker 8: You know, Gary, I'm just hoping that people walk away from this movie understanding that God loves us right where we are. Stop putting off tomorrow what needs to be done today. And my story is no different than anybody else. That it just come down to choices, and I didn't want to be him anymore. I mean daddic and the alcoholic and the negative person that was bringing nothing positive to earth.
Speaker 3: I don't want to die him.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And we all have to make our own choices, but it'd be nice if we made choices that would bless ourselves and bless others.
Speaker 3: Right, That's what I'm hoping people walk away with.
Speaker 1: Well, gentlemen, it's a pleasure to meet you all, and I know you, and I know you, but pleasure to meet you, Curtis, and I wish you nothing but success in your furtherance of your career. I look forward to seeing you in the movie because you got some big shoes to fill playing Rick Green. Anything else they add, guys.
Speaker 26: Real quickly, I would like to add, I know Rick di had mentioned that's Mark six for the first show, and that'd be six pm and seventh thirty at the Springfield Nazarene Church. All right, one one seventh seventh, Springfield Park in that Cincinnati, Ohio.
Speaker 1: All right, gentlemen, have a merry Christmas, have a blessed New Year, and I can't wait to see Spirit works the Rick Green story, you was WHOA all right guy?
Speaker 3: Thank you for Merry Christmas. Mary Ho ho ho.
Speaker 1: There we go, Good morning kids. Time for gifts from Wally the secret to his success. Graham's is celebrating his one hundredth birthday and everybody is just amazed on how athletic and fit he looks.
Speaker 3: I mean, the guy looks great, he's one hundred.
Speaker 1: But finally he uh taking all these compliments, he he stands up gingerly and says, gentlemen, I'll tell you the secret of my success. I've been out in the fresh air every day, every day, exercising for the last seventy five years.
Speaker 3: They're just amazed.
Speaker 1: And somebody asked, well, how do you keep up this rigorous fitness regime, especially at your age now? He said, well, you see, when my wife and I got married seventy five years ago, on our wedding night, we made a solemn vow to each other, and it was whenever we'd have a fight, the one who was wrong would go outside and take a long walk. Thought about James Brown and Christmas in the Ghetto. But Liam suggested front DMC for the Hey Mot Segment'll let.
Speaker 3: This breathe a moment. Rev and the Boys Christmas in Hobbits December twenty hats have at the dog, wait to see the man chill and when it dogging to pop the very thought he whooped my hoble of fifth to get a dog. Hey Mo, what up?
Speaker 15: Mary?
Speaker 3: Christmas?
Speaker 14: Merry Christmas?
Speaker 3: Well, I tell you what, last night's got to be one of the tougher nights for you as a as a UC bear Cat broadcaster. Your Bearcats beat your Flyers. You're alma mater u se ud. Is that always a conflicted game for you, Moeger?
Speaker 24: Not really.
Speaker 16: I'm a bigger Bearcat fan than a Flyer fan, you know. I tell people I became a UC fan. I could pinpoint the exact day, November twenty eighth, nineteen ninety that predates my association with the University of Dayton. It's obviously two programs I care about deeply, two teams that are are having excellent seasons. But it's not that conflicting for me. When I was a student at UD, Cincinnati played the Flyers my senior year in Dayton, I'm sorry in Cleveland, and a bunch of us went up to the game, and I was an active student at ud and I wore bear Cat year for the Cats to a fifty one fifty victory over the Flyers.
Speaker 3: Sure there was some Jesuit priests that were very disappointed in you.
Speaker 16: Well, Dayton's Marianist.
Speaker 1: So no, oh, okay, they're Marianists. I didn't know what I didn't know the see not being Catholic. I don't know the distinction between Maryanists and Jesuits. Now is Xavier Jesuitist?
Speaker 16: Xavier's Jesuit and Dayton's Marianist?
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, so for for a future reference, I will mark that.
Speaker 1: So last night, speaking of Catholics, Notre Dame proved their dominance over Indiana, a game that was the first of the National College Championship Playoffs, and Chalk prevailed with Notre Dame at home. I love the fact that they are playing home games for the first round. Don't you think that's cool?
Speaker 16: It's awesome. It's it's really awesome, and it gives I think it does two things. Number one, it gives folks a chance to go see big games like this that might not have the ability to go travel to see their team play, you know, maybe namely students, and you know, I mean I went to the Cotton Bowl four years ago when U SEE was in an in. The atmosphere was terrific, But there are a lot of folks of that game who don't have a rooting interest in either team. When you have a game on campus, it's a little bit different. I didn't get a chance to see a lot of it because of the Bearcat game last night, but it looked really cool. And ESPN College Game Days set up for, you know, a late afternoon slash early evening broadcasts right outside touchdown Jesus was a beautiful visual. It was really cool.
Speaker 3: It's a shame that these lesser.
Speaker 1: Division one college bowl games they don't follow the same script with that, because it's just brutal to watch the empty stands and the games that are not playoff games. I mean, you get rewarded to go to a bowl you maybe won six games in your season, you're not all that great. You're playing another team that's not all that great, and you're playing at miles away from home in front of no one but the TV cameras.
Speaker 3: I mean, you get what I'm saying.
Speaker 16: Very much. So it's been to a lot of those bowl games too, and there's a definitive lack of atmosphere. Look, those bowl games have diminister in statures significantly over the last three decades. There's no getting around that. I'm not sure there's anything that can really be done to rect defy that, But you're right. I mean, look, I've I've been to the Birmingham Ball, the International Bowl, the for Worth Bowl, the Papa John's Dot Com Bowl, and in none of those circumstances was was there much of an actual game at this year. But the players do seem to love going. They certainly loved the swag and the gifts that they get for playing in those games, and so they still view it as a reward and an opportunity. But the games themselves are typically, in this day and age especially, not very well played and not heavily attended.
Speaker 1: And and they're only played, I think, basically for the institutions that are involved in the gamblers.
Speaker 3: Don't you find it? That's true?
Speaker 16: That? And and they yes, and they eat a lot of innings on ESPN, and I you know, you hear that a lot this time of year. ESPN can put on a four hour bowl game and that occupies a significant chunk of time. But yeah, I mean, uh, the folk sign who loves sports, gambling, love Bowl Week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so like during the holidays, you're bound to at some point someday here a six hour Gary Jeff Marathon and nobody needs them. Today Number ten SMU plays number four Penn State. I'm going chalk here with this one too. I'm going to Nitney Lions.
Speaker 16: You know, I'm interested in whether a James Franklin coach team shows up in the big game the way they often have not throughout his tenure. SMU is a really fun story coming over from the American Athletic Conference. But the Nitney Lions I think have the better team, obviously playing at home. See a halfter factor that in and so I'm with you. I think this is of the three games, maybe the easiest to predict. I'll take the Nitney Lions hook.
Speaker 3: Him Horns against Clemson.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I mean, kind of along similar Lions. This was a superior team all year long. Cunson, you know, it's remarkable to say that they they snuck in, but they kind of did. We see where they're seated. I think Texas is just going to be a little bit too much.
Speaker 1: And in the nightcap, which I'm fond of saying that because that's my show on Mondays and Tuesday nights. Win It Airs Ohio State hosting ut This is this is a nail bier, isn't it, Especially the way the Buckeyes left their season after the Michigan game.
Speaker 16: Yeah, no question, fascinating dynamic Ohio State at home. You know, I read this week They're expecting possibly thirty thousand Tennessee fans in the stands tonight. Ryan Day is coaching with a ton of pressure on him. I'm not sure he has to win the national championship, but after losing to Michigan the way he did, I don't know that I want to be him as they lose at home as a touchdown favorite to Tennessee tonight, I'll still lean on that Ohio State defense. From a Buckeye perspective, you would certainly hope that Ryan Day coaches a little bit more aggressively against the volunteers than he did against Michigan. But I think the atmosphere in that stadium is going to be really interesting this week in into the second half, and the volunteers are leading.
Speaker 3: Give it up for the Bobcats.
Speaker 1: Ohio b Jacksonville State yesterday in a game that really wasn't that close all game, and Jacksonville State made it interesting at the end thirty to twenty seven. The Bengals have an eight percent chance of making the playoffs now after San Diego's defeat of the Broncos. I mean, basically, the world needs to turn sideways for that to happen. But the Bengals just have to win, baby.
Speaker 14: Yeah, that's the key component. Right.
Speaker 16: You can dive in and to all the nuts and bolts of what the Dolphins have to do, and what the Colts have to do, and what the never Broncos have to do, but it's all for not if the Bengals don't take care of business. The good news for them is for the third consecutive week going to play, they're going to get substandard quarterbacks play from their opponent with Dorian Thompson Robinson, who's taken over for Jamis Winston. He came into the game against the Bengals in Cleveland back in October and immediately threw a couple of picks. Cincinnati's defense has feasted on turnovers the last couple of weeks, certainly last week against the Tennessee Titans. Yeah, and if they win the game tomorrow, they set themselves up for a pretty meaningful game against the team they're chasing, the Denver Broncos, who will have a decided rest advantage at home next week.
Speaker 1: All right, fantastic, Well, Moe, enjoy the holidays, enjoy the football and the basketball. I know that this is a glorious time of the year for somebody who's speaking of sports, as Howard Cosell used to say, And for you and Crosley and your wife, I hope it's the merriest of Christmases and happy holidays.
Speaker 3: Brother. Likewise, right back, ack, so, thank you, thank you, Dan Carroll.
Speaker 1: Real quickly, I've got about thirty seconds to preview Saturday Midday.
Speaker 3: What do you got cooking? Gary jeff It's a Festivus miracle. Really, the government will not shut down.
Speaker 1: It's a miracle, Gary Jeff Well, I mean, I love haakem. Jefferies crowing like the Democrats won this round for God. But there's no in this bill as opposed to the fifteen hundred page turkey they tried to pass. At least in this bill, there's no ballet classes for transgender fish.
Speaker 3: No ballet classes.
Speaker 25: No.
Speaker 3: Six thousand, six hundred dollars a year raise from members of Congress, as if they deserve such a thing. Exactly.
Speaker 1: Saturday midday, Dan Carroll coming up before Xavier Basket way too much to get to it. After the show show at Huddle's Cafe today. It's my birthday tomorrow and the birthday party on air from noon to three. Right here when I'm filling in for Willie Happy, Jim Lebarbara will join us. We got a whole slew of guests, a galaxy of stars. It will be with us on Monday, and then I.
Speaker 3: Gotta follow you. That's that's impossible.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sure who you with? Jason, I'm not sure. I gotta I gotta check here. I might be by myself.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Well, Jason Williams is here, It'll be a dic might be here. And that's fact. Dan, have a great one, Mary to do all the work. Merry Christmas, Brother, Marry Christmas.
Speaker 19: Skyline gift cards make great last minute gifts.
Speaker 3: Now through Christmas Eve. You'll get a free