Speaker 1: Just dropped in the morning show here on the SDH network. John here, are you there, and thanks for dropping by. And we know over the next twenty six hours, at least from a broadcast perspective, it might be a little challenging, and so today it literally will be as best as we can and hopefully we can get through the show this morning without getting any kind of power knocked off or anything like that. Tomorrow, if we have power, will be on the air at nine oh five Eastern time. That's the best way that I can describe it. And I know that a lot of you are going to be fighting the same battles that we are, and obviously just we want you to be as safe as humanly possible, and we you know, just kind of keep us posted on what's going on. And you're part of the world and we will keep all of it, all of everybody posted at what's going on with Helene, because she's going to be nasty. She's already been nasty, and like traditionally, as you well know. For those of you that have been a part of the network for a while, Morning Alex that most of my time because of live shots and you know, network things and folks doing games, and Jason doing games, and Jarrett Nick and Maddie doing games all around the southeast. I've got one eye to the weather channel and I've got really two eyes to the weather. Channe and doing a show this morning. So off to my left traditionally is the Big fifty five and it is doing its thing. And so right now, obviously we're keeping an eye out with everything in southwest Georgia for starters, but obviously the entire southeast with Helen. So just keep us posting on how you're doing, let us know what's going on. And so today should be fairly normal with Power Hour being in our number two. It'll be Nino and Nico in our number two, getting you ready for what happened last night in Suit Americana, Lilberta Doris. We'll go over what's going on in Portugal and in South America, and then Nico comes on at ten thirty, last half hour, we'll have our handoff. I don't know what the question is going to be. Traditionally, I'm just like, all right, what's the question Nino for Nico? And then they go What I may do is I may just ask Nico about what he thinks about Suit American and Alberta Doris and then they can have their coming together and then we go the other way. So that's the show today. News of the Morning playoffs from last night Championships decided last night will go over all of that. We've got News of the Morning to get you through and it is kind of a Newsy Thursday, by the way, especially with news overseas to kind of get us into what's going on. And now our number two is the Power Hour with Nino and Nico tomorrow. Like I said, if we have power, we're doing a show and we'll get you ready for the weekend. We can whip around pat and pending trademark commingsoner hopefully rather than later. If I'm not mistaken. Our mogul and training Michael Parkhurst is going to be getting a visit from the higher ups if he's going to Burn for the weekend. Rhode Island FC is going to be getting a visit from the higher ups and the hierarchy of USL Championships so they can show off how the stadium is being constructed and what's going on at burn Stadium, all that kind of stuff. Is they're fighting after a playoff spot if we get our friends from beyond goals, that's at nine point thirty ten o'clock, wee can whip Brown weekend. Wep bron might be earlier. The other element in all of this is that Atlanta United's got a game against Red Bulls this weekend, and so sorry Philly, Sorry, I bet I'm a weekend behind myself, Philly. So teams got to get out of town. Orlando City b you know Orlando. You got to keep an eye on what's going on with Orlando. You got to keep an eye with going on with Messian friends. You got to keep an eye with what's going on with Atlanta United. Landy United's trying to get to Philly. The twos are trying to get to Philly. They have the games on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday and Sunday themselves should be okay from a weather perspective, but traditionally you want to try to get out of town a day ahead of time. And you're looking at so we'll see what happens morning, Pars, and you're continued early support of your friends at Aston Villa and your boy and me Martinez. So that's where that's the broadcast plan for today and tomorrow. Like I said, today should be fairly normal. By the way, the back porch is already flooded. We live in We live in a hillside, and so of course we're at the bottom of the hill. And folks to our left and our right, two to our left, to to our right, we're all at the bottom of a hill. So water's coming downhill. And so our back porch is already flooded. Back porch, back patio, whatever it is, enclosed and closed encampment at the back of the house, it's already flooded. And I asked the boss, I said, should I go ahead and sweep the water out if I can? And she's like, well, I don't know, because it's all going to come back anyway, So we'll see what happens there with our back porch. Tried to batten down some hatches last night, pulled some things off of the front, front patio and the back patio, and tilted some tables over, brought in a bunch of candle stuff that's floating around traditionally that's just hanging on ledges and things. Brought that inside, and so that's where our preparations have been anticipating what it's going to be like overnight, tonight, and tomorrow. So we'll see, we'll see how well we have prepared and hopefully that everyone here that's a part of our family here at SDH that you guys get through it as unscathed as possible going forward. By the way, did you know did you know? Did you know? Did you know?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 1: Did you know? We're up for an award? We are? I don't know if you knew this, And it literally is the one of these things is not like the other situation, the Football Content Awards, And like I said, I'm going to be bordering obnoxious about this until October eleventh, I think, because I think that's the Friday. But Football Content Awards, we are up for Broadcaster Rights Holder. We are up for those. And get this, it's just the wild It literally is just the wildest thing that we are up against. All of these folks that are who they are, all of these heavyweights and all of these power powers that are out there, and it's all of them and us for Broadcast rights Holder. But fifty percent of the vote is the audience part, the ballot box stuffing. Fifty percent is the judges. Judges include like Peter Drury this year. So vote vote, Vote, vote vote that. You go to Football Content Awards dot Com backslash voting. You go in. They have all of the awards that you can vote on in this one long sheet. It's a click down menu and you sit there and you vote for whomever. The Broadcast rights Holder category is US, and so we're going up against It is so surreal every time I click on this to just read this list. So I'm going to read the list. Oh boy, all right, So the finalists in our category best best Media Organization Broadcast Rights Prime, BBC, Colossal Network, Dezone, ESPNFC, ITV, Sky Talk Sports, T and T Sports which used to be BT Sports overseas, and something called the SDH Network. Those ten, those nine and US each playing a pivotal role in delivering football content to millions of fans across the globe. One of the finalists, Holy crap. So yeah, that broke Monday afternoon, and so the voting coefficient for fandom fifty percent of the vote. Get out your sling shots and your stones, folks. So go to Footballcontentawards dot Com backslash voting, and they had a very humbling ride up of US too, by the way. Based in Atlanta, Georgia, the SDH network offers a unique mix of football content, including like broadcast talk shows and in depth interviews, specializing in all levels of the sport, from professional to high school. SDH has expanded its own with the launch of SDH two This is True, a new platform for live event distribution. The network's commitment to covering all aspects of football, combined with its growing audience, makes it a standout content provider in the US market. That's damn humbling. Uh, but yeah, best media organization, broadcaster rights holder, that's us. We are one of the ten and you know, and seriously, I'm gonna have to answer back with these folks, but yeah, I love the fact that they're so are you going to the meta meeting before the day of the awards before we go to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium? And I get to email the guy back and sit there and say, well, we're still trying to finalize our travel plans, which is true. I'm hoping that after the popular vote is in that they will announce like finalist finalists and then if we, through the grace of whomever end up as a finalist finalists then probably odds are that the Boston and I are leaving and heading over to be there for the awards. We'll do the show from London all week long except for Friday morning, so I can come back and be here for football Fridays for high school football. The plan is leave after the week before, leave that Saturday morning after the game, I think it's the sixteenth, then be in London all week, then be there for the awards on Thursday night. That's literally the week before Thanksgiving, Thursday before Thanksgiving. Then fly back Friday morning or take a Friday morning flight from London, come back, gain six hours, six hour or eight hour flight or whatever, and I should be okay getting to the venue for the broadcast, just to make an appearance, and then probably collapse, and you know, we'll see what happens. But that's my incredibly it's my incredibly selfish pie in the sky plan. If we don't end up being a finalist, finalist, but spread the word football content, Footballcontent Awards dot com backslash voting Media Rights Holder Organization Best media Organization, Holy crap, so very very humbling across the board. Uh PARS voted yesterday. So there and so that's uh, that's what you're staring at. So thank you, Parr. Stuff the ballot box as best. You can go to a different IP address, maybe something at work or something, and have others vote. I gotta put I have to post this in the discord. By the way, I've got to remember to do that. Uh So, Football Content Awards dot Com backslash voting and you can vote for USDH as your best organization discussing what's going on with travel? Michael's like three point one one inches, now, Michael, was that in your backyard yesterday? Because Michael's a three iron from office HD? Michael, Michael, Well, I mean, is he a three iron? Might be a little less, might be more like a five on a good day. Michael is probably a five iron on a good day from office HD. So is that in your backyard? Michael? The three point one one inches? Interesting? Yeah, we'll be interesting to see what Helene dumps on us because she keeps sliding and she keeps moving to the west. So if we're on the eastern side. Okay, So Michael got three point one one inches at the Casa DA Michael and Cherry So, uh so, three point one one inches to Michael here in office HD Country. So, uh, that's what we got yesterday and it all ended up on our back porch patio, and so looking to see what else happens today is the day gets on, it's supposed to get nastier. But yeah, we will have a show. We will have a show if we have power tomorrow. We just hoping that everybody is safe and let us know how things are going with all of you. Uh and Pars, You're not wrong. They might take Uncle Arthur's jet to leave when they want, might end up driving. I don't know. But that's the other thing. You've got all these teams with MLS, matches, with dealing with Helene here in the southeast, MESSI and Friends, and Orlando City, ocb it, Landy United and Landy United too, all the things, all of these travel elements that you've got to kind of keep an eye on. And so it's Miami and Charlotte, and so how does that get handled? I mean, you might wait until you might wait until tomorrow if you're Charlotte, if you're going down to the Erector set. So I mean, if tomorrow works and you kind of swing way wide and you work your way down Helene's coming one way you go around or the other. Nashville's on the road in New England, So I think they can escape what's going on Atlanta ahead into Philly. That's the big that's the big one, at least here in the footprint. How are they getting out of town? And then everything else seems to be fairly safe. But yeah, we'll catch up with We'll catch up with our buddy Nico Moreno in hour number two and kind of go review preview as to what's going on involving everything in Major League Soccer. Gets you ready, play a little liffhanger and spot it all out for you and sit there and go, okay, So here's the weekend, and it gives you, It gives you an early preview of what's going on in and around the league. And like I said, our buddy, you know, taught us from Goal TV, is going to be joining us at ten o'clock. He has already sent his rundown and is not really a surprise that the rundown is as big as it is. Like I said, robertadoris suit Americana. And what else did Nino have on his mind? He says, is Victor Jokerish the best striker in the world right now he has the numbers to back it up. The beautiful story of the eighty three year old sporting fans saved from a fire, and historical championship controversy. Oh we have controversy. I feel like I need Andre Simone Prince between the two Pruvian giants, Universitario and Alian Zelima. So so when Nina joins us at ten, it's going to be a stacked half hour. But no, there we go Football Content Awards dot Com backslash voting and you can vote for anything and everything us. Please stuff the ballot box. Like I said, get out your sling shot and your stone people. Time to help us out there. I guess that was Opening Kickoff. Wandering aimlessly was Opening Kickoff, brought to us by our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot com. There's your QR code for those of you who are watching. However you are accessing us this morning, large device are small? There we go and you hit that QR code. You start your day. You kick off your day with our friends from Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot com. Don't forget use the code soccer down here fifteen you get fifteen percent off your purchase. They in turn take ten percent reinvested in youth games, youth initiatives. Very very cool stuff from our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot com. Okay, So there were a couple of things that were decided last night and it did have its a fair amount of chaos. Columbus and Clubomedica were at the death Star last night, Campione's Cup Final and it goes to Clubomedica who on five to four in PKS, so Columbus Crew getting right to the edge. A goal by Victor Davolo in the sixty eighth minute gave Club America the early the first lead of the match, not early a sixty eight minute, so about twenty to go, and then multi Amensen was thirteen to go ties it at one. They go to PK's five to four year final and that was how it ended up. So Club America get the twenty twenty four Companiones Cup win over Crewe and so once again Crewe shows very very well for Major League Soccer and what we've been able to have in these tournaments. But Campionies Cup goes to Clubamdica last night. That was the first championship on the board. Then the can champ happened last night and it was a BC place and it was one of the smaller crowds sadly that had been going that has been going on in recent tournaments. Goliss after ninety minutes they would go to PK's and Vancouver would win it in PK's four to two. Here is your deciding moment brought to us by our friends at one Soccer and it sounds like it's our buddy friend of the network. Gareth Wheeler on the call. Here your deciding moment in PK's to give Vancouver white Caps the championships.
Speaker 3: And his Crestinadian Championship can win the Boyzers Cup for the Vancouver White Cups vxcus. It's day Vancouver White Cups successfully enough.
Speaker 4: The Canadian Championship win.
Speaker 3: The second time in three seasons, said the Vancouver White Cups to CHINAFC penalties.
Speaker 1: And Jimmy Brennan.
Speaker 3: Then once again the lifting the Lawyers hs Cup days.
Speaker 4: It sponsors.
Speaker 1: There you go and beyorn inga Utvic was the individual that got the final kick in the can Champs for any Sartini and the white Caps to get it over the over the bar, and you if you watched it, or if you found a way to watch the highlights, you saw that jorning Utvic actually was wearing the soft helmet to help out with uh any kind of contact with concussions or any any integration with concussions, contact had to head anything like that. So uh, jonning Utvic got the the final that got the clincher last night for the Can champ and Jarrett joins us now Jared just going over what happened yesterday where we had Campione's Cup decided and it was Clubamerica at the death star beating Columbus Crew and Vanny Sartiniaz, who we maintained must be protected at all costs getting the Can Champ at home over Toronto FC. So we had two champions determined yesterday and we had a third late night. I don't know if it was Open Cup after dark, but it was certainly going for a while. I did not stay up late later and late for Open Cup. I know that. Have you officially made it back home?
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, we made it back home, made it back home late last night. It was like ten hours to get out of Florida around whatever the hell is coming, only to arrive to another weather system in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: That was fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't. I tried to stay up. I got through like forty five minutes of LA and Kansas City. Yeah, I was a little bit and like VAM was losing his.
Speaker 2: Mind and I'm happy for Bam.
Speaker 5: Part of me was tickled at the idea though of l a f C continuing to lose in finals. But hey, you know what the secret is, get l a f C into extra time and they'll take care of business. Columbus, Look, beating Club America in the Capes Cup isn't for everyone.
Speaker 2: It's okay, this is a safe place for your judgments, but.
Speaker 5: It's not for everybody. Sometimes you need a Jeff Lorenowitz moment. It didn't have one. The most fun moment was uh kuco hitting it outside of the foot Tevallo.
Speaker 2: That was just beautiful. That led nothing.
Speaker 1: It was still beautiful though it was beautiful.
Speaker 5: Uh it was saved, which is the kind of thing that like, here's the disconnect for me, because if that gets posted here, all I see is social media accounts losing their ship about well, it didn't result anything, whereas Kuco can do it. Everybody's falling over themselves like it's mister magoo and.
Speaker 2: You should fall over it.
Speaker 5: But but but they are correct and the same thing should be done here. Look, if we post somebody as an amazing pass, let's pay off.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's not gonna pay off. Sometimes you can get sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Sometimes you get beat.
Speaker 5: Yes, and uh, but also you got beat. They go keep her in the moment. Then we had the entire conversation once again about goalkeepers coming off the line early ball hits a crossbar in the Penlties. I get you're trying everything you can to angle this towards MLS digital people.
Speaker 2: Cross bar.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: Also, if we're going to keep planting this further and further towards the guys taking the kick. Yeah, it was a lot of fun. Columbus is just fun once again. I am waiting for someone from Europe to come a colin Ah for for well, for Nanzi.
Speaker 2: I don't know when that happens. I don't know if he takes it.
Speaker 5: I don't know Nanzi's mental you know where he is mentally and emotional? Like, is he the kind of guy who's like, you know what, I got a great thing here in Columbus and I'm just gonna like be the biggest fish in this particular sea.
Speaker 2: Or does he want more?
Speaker 5: Someone's gonna throw someone's gonna throw few money at him eventually, whether he takes it or not.
Speaker 2: There isn't a time with a different conversation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and guards thinking if the goalkeeper doesn't affec the result of a pKa where off their line, the result still stands.
Speaker 2: I still have my beef.
Speaker 5: With the way because we saw, we saw this happen, not this exact thing. We saw what imubscribe happened in a last next Pro game where a goalkeep where a taker runs up, hesitates super hard, it comes to a stop. Go Hibbert comes off his line anticipating the kick. The guy hesitates. Hibbert comes like has taken that step where he had tied it in a way that had the guy actually kicked it, Hibbert's foot would have still been on the line and he was using that foot to drive. But because he hesitates, Hibbert comes off the line of step early, gets the save, but it's called back because he was technically off the line.
Speaker 2: And I don't know.
Speaker 5: How we expect goalkeepers to make saves in those situations for those rules. And if we're gonna say, now, if you know Web and Doral and everybody, you're gonna or I think we leave the charge. I think the pointed out the rule book apologies was part of it. He was thinks to almost part of it as well. But like, if we're gonna lead the charge of wow, he was off as long when he hit the when he hit the crossbars, so you get to take it again, how hard are you gonna slant this in the favor of the taker versus the guy saving the penalty because it feels like we're pushing this the same way we've pushed past interference and you know, illegal contact in American football, where we've created such an offensive advantage in the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at what point do you just not have keepers in there?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Are you gonna like also say the keeper has to keep both feet on the line until there's contact. The keeper has to stand perfectly still, and he can't make any loud noises. He has to like whisper like he's Elmer Fudd in the woods.
Speaker 1: Or it's like the the the uh, the movie with what's her face? The wife of John Krasinski. A quiet place. Oh yeah, yeah, you always lunch Emily Blunt. Thank you. You've got to you've got to turn being between the sticks into a quiet place, and you can't do anything to exacerbate it, or you take to keep her out entirely, and you just expose the four corners like you do when you're trying to have somebody win a new car, Like I mean the hole there, And you know, why.
Speaker 5: Don't we just settle all the games by goalie wars. There you go, I like that settle by goalie wars. But yeah, I mean, if we're gonna say that he came off this line early and the guy hit the crossbar, maybe he just hit the crossbara. Sometimes you just hit the crossbar like the guy let the other direction.
Speaker 2: Anyway, mm hmm.
Speaker 1: That is true.
Speaker 5: But yeah, it had been cool to see MLS winner at the trophy. Yeah, that was fun game anyway. Yes, but you don't you don't have to like keep bending, like not bending, but changing the rules further and further and further altering. Yeah, yeah, to favor everything towards the guy at the spot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are absolutely not fair to go keepers it all especially in PK shootouts.
Speaker 5: Keepers to break all the school Yes, so you want to add an entirely new rule. MLS media folks like y'all want to add an entire new rule to make it even more so. Honestly, we're to the point now if a goalkeeper makes a save in a shootout, he should get to get up and just basically do a full deepo Martinez. He should get to like air house whatever he wants. If he wants some DX cross shop you, he should be able to. Someone should walk up if he makes a save on you, someone should walk up behind you with a little mini basketball rim and the goalkeeper runs up and dunks a nerve basketball on your head. Because unless, like, unless they have gone full Jean Gray or Professor Charles Xavier, it's so damn hard for anyone to make.
Speaker 2: A save in these anymore.
Speaker 5: You gotta be like you gotta be in someone's skull him Elia who is one hundred and eight years old in soccer years, correct.
Speaker 2: Or like and be like six foot forty five.
Speaker 1: Yes, that is absolutely true, because you know, when you're six foot forty five that does absolutely help you out in these situations. Uh, Bart's going to join us tomorrow morning in the nine o'clock hour, by the way, Power Permitting to discuss all of these things and Bart because Bart dms me and he says, yes, there were a couple of roughing down here moments yesterday or last night to get into and I'm like, cool, bring it. Yeah, So we're gonna do it tomorrow Power Permitting in the nine o'clock hour. So if any.
Speaker 2: Turnover chain for the goalkeepers, see.
Speaker 1: Now that a PK save chain, that's what we need.
Speaker 5: And it does refurther, it does further enforce the idea of if you're in a shootout, and this was like where I was like losing my faith in my own insanity in the Least Cup.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when it.
Speaker 5: Atlanta, like two of the three shootouts, Atlanta has been in Least Cup practice and has either made a save or Josh Con has made a save or a shot has been missed. In the way shootouts are done nowadays, if somebody makes a save, you gotta win.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: It's slanted so hard towards the taker. And I understand some teams don't practice peeks for whatever reason, just it's kind of like for me, like practice your free throws.
Speaker 2: I realize that there's no one blocking your free throw.
Speaker 5: But like, and it's kind of hard to replicate the tension of the moment, but like practice, you know, practice knowing where you're gonna go with the ball.
Speaker 2: When someone makes a save, you gotta win.
Speaker 5: Or if someone, you know it, puts one up into space, that might actually knock Michael Bradley's twenty eighteen CONCA Cap Champions Cup final penalty into a decaying orbit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had that last night in the Botafogo Matchel Tucktanino about that now or two.
Speaker 5: That one didn't quite reach Michael Bradley's, which if mirror were still up there would have put mere in the ocean skylab.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And so Claire, missus Pancalps goalkeeper, said, yeah, that's a psychological win, because all good goalkeepers are actually psychological terrorists and should be treated as such.
Speaker 2: And I mean that in the most complementary fashion I.
Speaker 5: Possibly can, absolutely, so it doesn't matter if I if I went the wrong. Same role applies to like in the in football, where quarterback throws a fade, he underthrows it.
Speaker 2: The quarnerback has beat.
Speaker 5: By five yards, but he's underthrown it so much the corner can knock it down. He's absolutely standing up and declaring a no fly zone.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you find.
Speaker 5: Out the wrong way in a penalty and you shake it in to h and the hitting little tivvy upside the head. Hey, I'm gonna let you know about it, because guess what, I don't care how that big X appeared on the box of.
Speaker 2: Five as an X there. They don't ask cal they ask how many exactly.
Speaker 1: And so yeah, next time Jess is on, we've got to ask her about this kind of stuff, about how she approached PK's and how she counsels her her young charges about pks. And we also have to ask about Redding. They're back into their ish ton of problems because another ownership thought has fallen through. And but yeah, next time Jess is on it, we need to ask her about all these GK things about penalty kicks and saves and things like that mentality for keepers. I want to get into that with Jess next time she's on. But but yeah, Bartile beyond nine o'clock hour, and we'll just go ahead and bat lead off with him. We'll go until nine thirty with bart so we'll do reughing down here from lead off to nine point thirty if our friends from beyond goals entering can join us, and then if they are traversing the planet or are stuck and without power, then we'll keep going. So Bart's gonna beat lead off tomorrow discussing roughing down here and all those kinds of things. But yes, if the if then to recap on the audio side, Bart is saying, if the if the keeper doesn't affect the result of the PK wing off their line, the result still stands. And a note on Patrick Shelty, by the way, For as much as folks prefer other young goalkeepers for the men's national team, Shelty has now played in four cup finals in two years. I would say that that would give him a bit of an inside track when it comes to exposure and experience in dealing with hostile, hostile crowds and teams from other leagues here hemispherically.
Speaker 5: So they've they've done such a good job in Columbus obviously across the board on a lot of things. But you went from Patrick Stefan, who's amazing shots, he's an amazing show.
Speaker 2: That's about where it begins that you're thinking.
Speaker 1: You're thinking when you said Patrick, Sorry, Patrick, ste Jesus Christ, I'm sorry. I can't sleep much.
Speaker 5: A lot of driving, a lot of a lot of not sleeping, a lot of like negotiating with a small, hostile.
Speaker 2: Seven year old terror.
Speaker 5: Zach Stefan is the great shot stopper and the great shots stopper, and that's about where it ends.
Speaker 2: For Zach Stefan.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I am asking him to do about as much with his feet as I'm asking myself to do with my feet, which.
Speaker 2: Is not really anything.
Speaker 5: But then you went to Eloy Room, who was really good for a while, and then you went to Chault like you had the plan laid out. They've done really well in that respect, man, And I think if you're Atlanta, you're you were. You were kind of side eyeing Jayden Hibbert in a similar vein of I don't know how quickly Jayden Hibbert gets there.
Speaker 2: I think Jaden and Hibbert made some absolute leaps this year. M hm. Also, you're what is Brad forty though Verses thirty nine.
Speaker 1: Oh, the old.
Speaker 5: Battle Ax goalkeeper was a Team of the week. You got some decisions to make, and he's got some decisions to make if he wants to go be a family man.
Speaker 1: Or wants Brad Brad's a man. He's forty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but yeah, I think you're You're in a situation where like I don't know if it's a year or two from now, but I think Jadan Hibbert can be yeah, can be that that guy shoot rather than later. I was excited about his potential.
Speaker 2: I think he's shown that he is. But he's shown I think he's.
Speaker 5: Better than I expected it to be a year one as a pro. But you yeah, ever, you always want that. You thought you had that when you had uh Cinti Reys and and Justin Garcis, because everybody wants that succession line that Columbus has absolutely nailed.
Speaker 2: And I'm sure they have another one in the waiting in the wings. Find one.
Speaker 1: No, they've got Stosilapkis for a crew too. They absolutely did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they got another one. They're fine. The chamber is reloaded.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because uh Stoslapkis, I think was a part of Goalie Wars this year. He's been one of the stout keepers for UH Crew Crew two this season. And if I had enough time to go chasing after my notes, I would MLS next pro let me see if, let me see if we have anything resembling statistics involving folks with the MLS.
Speaker 5: My favorite thing still is that yeah, Brads ropes h. Brad turns forty this month. I love sports because we can look at a guy and go, he's forty years old.
Speaker 2: He shouldn't even be anymore.
Speaker 5: How was he playing pasuzla out here kicking a ball around while his bones turned to dust? Whereas like the rest of us are like staring straight in the face of forty being like, you.
Speaker 2: Know what, I'm not that old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Stoslopkiz seventeen matches this season, starting for Crew two, and it is a let me see, I hate these because his passing percentage, he's down all the way down at the bottom of the page. Passing percentage at eighty four and a half percent this year out of the blocks inside is eighteen and so Lopkiz has been I mean, Lopkiz has been the lead guy for Crew two this season. And Crew two right now in the Eastern Conference, they're fighting it. I mean right now they're six, but they're in that street fight for six twenty six matches played two to go forty two points, so they can make a they can make a run for something as high as three and there. But yeah, they're a part of that street fight in MLS Next Pro from five to ten that is separated by two points. Six teams two points to get in stay in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know, I'm still salty and like it's you gotta Atlanta's gotta figure out the twos have got to figure out a way to hit out of the blocks the way.
Speaker 2: They get late the year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because in the second year in a row where you started out, actually you did this last year too, I got I think it was like the second game you humbled somebody and you're like, oh, okay, you got you got something here, and then you just kind of wander through the dark through half the season. You you start to find yourself and get consistency in the late part of the season, but it isn't there long enough to your having to chase the low eyes and you gotta find a way to.
Speaker 2: Carry that through the whole season.
Speaker 5: Because we saw when it was working that it was really fun and when guys were consistent, it was really fun.
Speaker 2: It's just it's a it's a tricky thing to navigate them well.
Speaker 1: And the other point, and I'm sure that we will get into this uh with Steve in our last conversation with him as we get ready for the matchup against Union two on Sunday at this So that means that power permitting, it's going to be tomorrow with Steve uh.
Speaker 2: One of the weddings shifting east.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we make it punched right in the face. The team had two three week breaks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I I know.
Speaker 5: I would like to punch people in the nose of the mlsxpro over this metaphorically speaking literally, not trying to get charges. I yeah, you handed a team two three week breaks, You like restructured their entire schedule to hand them three week breaks, and then in turn handed them a bunch of congestion instead of a normal easy, like hey play once a week schedule. I just have no clue what the hell the schedule makers were doing. You take enough drugs, though, and you stay in the mirror, maybe you turn into an elephant.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Jesus Christ, what the hell were you thinking?
Speaker 1: Well, and that's the that's the larger point is what the hell were you thinking? And you know, you end up with a team when they were in rhythm that was doing very very well, I mean their.
Speaker 5: Results and if and if it hinges on, Oh we had to change the schedule because so and so was an Open Cup. Then just go back to the way you did Open Cup before and put the MLS teams in there.
Speaker 4: Yes, I know there's.
Speaker 5: Issues with other leagues not doing enough to drop up Open Cup Financially, it's a little tricky for them, and I know there's layers to this, But if you're going to have those questions and then all this next pro teams and Open Cup, oh we had to change the schedule around, then figure out a way to put the teams in it in the first place. That you're not building a schedule that you're going to have to deconstruct and screw with everybody's calendars for Because I hate to break it to y'all, did you know it's not cheap to fly and drive everywhere? We don't have public transit. Thanks again, Henry Ford, and find your grave and piss on it later. We don't have good public transit around this country. This is in England. I can't hop on the five to zero four train and get up to Charlotte. I don't have I don't have a mac train that can take me somewhere. We have to load up the bus, get down to the airport, meet all the people who are going to heaven or hell and catching and connecting flight there from purgatory in the first place, and then fly somewhere to play a game.
Speaker 1: Well, just ask what was it William hurt in the in the movie in the Crap in the movie in the nineties where he said, when you die, you connect, you connect planes in Atlanta. That's literally how it's all structured. And I mean it's it is.
Speaker 5: I was always told whether you when you die, whether you go to heaven or hell, you got to keep the flat out of Atlanta.
Speaker 2: And thank you.
Speaker 5: Alex for sharing this from Charlie Bold Kat Comorrow on USOC legacy. Don Garber was here. I saw him, he was on the podium. He gave me a medal. So just get him in here and make sure they don't take mls away from this. This is amazing. You know, this is American soccer right here. Don't take away our history. Yes, and I get man like, Look, there's like there's layers to this conversation, because what you have is like you as as far as MLS is concerned, like you don't want to be the only ones propping this.
Speaker 2: Thing up financially, right, Like you need.
Speaker 5: Help from US Soccer to actually support this tournament. Lower level leagues can only do so much in terms of throwing money into it because they only have so much money to throw in to it, especially when you get into USL teams, just because USL is insanely expensive to be.
Speaker 2: A part of.
Speaker 5: First of all, the laundry list of teams longer than my leg they have tried to go.
Speaker 2: To USL and just crashed on because it's.
Speaker 5: Expensive, it's hard. There's financial stuff you gotta c. US Soccer needs to clean up, and MLS needs to clean up with them.
Speaker 2: Ripping MLS out of this ain't ain't the answer.
Speaker 5: Also, one of the things was watching this game last night, was once again incredibly pissed off that you know, Atlanta loses that game to INDYE eleven.
Speaker 2: Because Indye eleven went and played SKC and lost. Case he was in the final.
Speaker 5: Last night, you two stands away from a final and he didn't get there.
Speaker 2: Because you lost. Don't do a USL team.
Speaker 1: Huh. I'm sorry. I'm angry all over again about it.
Speaker 2: It was unacceptable. Man. I get you were balancing guys because the schedule was chaotic at the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Jesus and it's sock.
Speaker 5: The worst part of that whole thing was like, once again, Daxon's like US Open career ends on a really ugly young goal where he's just trying to make a play like it sucked for Dax. Yeah, but dah Man, like MLS US soccer. I need you to sit down at the table. Bring the other leagues into this. Everyone, grab a seat at the table. Don't worry what this giant key and padlocker for min you own damn business. I'm just gonna lock the door from the outside. Look, there's snacks on the table, there's some bottled water.
Speaker 2: I even put some.
Speaker 5: Sparkling water from the bougie among you figure your shit out to get there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's uh, that's one way too. Uh, that's one way to look at it. Just get it, get it all squared away, and get your ish together.
Speaker 5: Uh part I would also accept Motel six and Tombo Debt presenting the trophy.
Speaker 1: Oh see, I mean I but we had we fixed the MLS All Star Game. Do we need to fix Open Cup now too?
Speaker 5: I mean possibly. I mean there's, like I said, like, there's some of the things that Don Garber is.
Speaker 2: Really really good at putting his foot.
Speaker 5: In his mouth, even when he has a silent point, even when he is on a side that I agree with, like open Cup is not perfect.
Speaker 2: MLS does a lot of financial heavy lifting with open Cup.
Speaker 5: I get it, yea, even when he's on the what on a side I agree with, I still feel like Don Garber likes to insert foot into mouth.
Speaker 2: A lot, and like, man, you don't have to play tough guy with this.
Speaker 5: You don't have to play like the aggressive We're the good guys. Angle It's it's okay.
Speaker 1: Boss, we get it all right. So it took me a while and I couldn't find it in an organized form without the dates being blotted out. So I finally got it. Uh Nino Torres joining us in ten minutes. Okay, So you play two matches, you're one and one, you beat Core one nil, then you get a three week break. After that three week break, out of the blocks, you lose three of four and the first two matches after that three week break. You get out scored nine to one. It was also to the top two teams in the Eastern Conference now Union in Cincinnati. Then you play all the way through, and then you get a little bit of rhythm in your play, and then you stop May thirty first, Then you come back June twenty sixth May thirty first to June twenty sixth, gap, you come back June twenty six. Then you end up with two matches in a week, and you end up with five of six on the road. This isn't Lanta nighted two schedule. You start with six of your first seven and home three.
Speaker 5: Six and you and you know, and let's speak blunts about it didn't win enough of.
Speaker 2: Those They did not win enough.
Speaker 1: Of those games.
Speaker 2: That is why you're in it.
Speaker 5: Look, first team is in a very similar situation. Look, first team is.
Speaker 2: Not out of the playoffs. They're they're in a gaggle of teams where they need to win games. You know why you're in a gaggle of teams You need.
Speaker 5: To win games because you lost like five or six straight at home that you shouldn't have lost. The teams you shouldn't have lost to now granted two of those losses, I can look directly at Pro and slap them upside the face. For the LAFC game was a joke, and the Charlotte game turns on one of the most unacceptable far overturns that I've ever seen. Charlotte was dead in the water in that game, and Pro handed them a goal and a lifeline back into that game.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't have lost to Minnesota in that span. You should have beat Philadelphia. Like you, you dropped games that you can't drop, and the twos did that too, They dropped home games that they can't drop.
Speaker 1: Right, you had it was six of seven at home to start, then you had seven of nine on the road. You get off to the start where you lose three your first four at home, but then you end up with scheduled compression and you lose of those three. Say, of the seven of eight that you started at home, you only won two, so you could have made Hey, well the sun shine and you only won two. Yeah, you win to your first eight. Then you go on the road for seven of nine and you don't. You win two of those. You win them, both of them against Hunt City where it's the beginning in the end, but you know you end up in as a part of that. After match three in this seven of nine on the road, you end up with a three week well actually it's almost a full month break because May thirty first to June twenty six you do not play at all, which is just unconscionable to me looking at how you make this schedule and put it together. Then when you get into a rhythm after that second break, you have the runt where you win three in a row and you're unbeaten in four, and then you're you're finding your way through this. You have the draw with Crew two at home, you lose at Matthew's two to one, you win three in a row, you draw at the Erector set against the Baby Herons, and then you end up with the streak where you're playing OCB at home and you're at Core on a and that Core game was goofy because that was the one where f for got the red card. It was two to one at the time f forg got the red and then you're chasing in so the score line I don't think indicated really the play for the twos there and the game against Core. Then you had the crazy game in Chattanooga, then you had the draw that you that you salvaged late with an EFRA header, and then the game against Hunt City which was all over the place, and so uh, that's where you were. So after that second break at Lanty, Unity two comes and they they got a handle on things. But when you have two three week breaks, two three week breaks.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, two three week breaks, I mean. The thing.
Speaker 5: The thing about both of the clubs this year, and one of the reasons I got disappointed by by their feelings to get into the playoffs is despite especially with the first seam, despite any doom and gloom. This is not a this is not a rant to dump on them or say that everything sucks or doom and gloom, because what's frustrating is the inconsistency.
Speaker 2: Because boats showed you that they can be good, but they.
Speaker 5: Didn't show that consistency, and those disappointing performances would not be as disappointing if I did not feel like they can be better, Like the talent is better, the players are better, the collective can be better than what they showed, because yeah, man, we got some games where the twos were just not on the step Maddie and I had a number of times we went down to that locker room or you know, the locker room, excuse.
Speaker 2: Me, in the media room.
Speaker 5: Yea, and Steve had come in after just reading the Absolute ride Act to them. We watched the first team sleep walk through this unacceptable game with Nashville two weeks ago. Uh, both teams had those games where, like you just for whatever reason, guys weren't up for it. And to Rob's point, Gonzo's point when he was here, look, coach cannot not go out there and do it for you, which is one of the things we stressed with Gonzo when he was here, like he can't go out there and do it for him, and getting moving him, moving on from him, getting him out of here wasn't going to fix everything. Clearly did not fix everything. And guys gotta look in the mirror because they're better than that. And that's it's it's those disappointing performances, not to sit here and say that everything sucks and everyone sucks and we should burn everything down, because they are better than that. And that's what always gave me more gray hairs, is the fact that they are better than that. They were better than that.
Speaker 2: They showed better than that, and they didn't.
Speaker 5: They did not consistently deliver better than that.
Speaker 2: That's on them to figure out.
Speaker 5: Like I said, coaches, Rob Gonzo, Steve Cook cannot go out bear and do it for him. That cannot be behind them with Whips and with Fire twenty four.
Speaker 1: Seven, And Michael says the way to fix the MLS All Star Game is to end it. It's almost like the end of war games for Michael.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I would actually support this, I don't really care.
Speaker 5: We look, we fixed the MLS All Star Game, Nick and I did, and John we introduced Maddy to it, and Maddie is like low key horrified by the insanities.
Speaker 2: That we have created. This like Eldridge horror of an All Star game, the.
Speaker 1: Hell of a TV show though, but we.
Speaker 2: We fixed it.
Speaker 5: Just do that, like don't don't let it be serious, turn into like a royal rumble thing.
Speaker 2: Let it be dumb, doesn't make serious.
Speaker 1: I'm fun with it. So no one gets injured and screws up the rest of their season slash career because of a body check that happens in your own venue and legs up uh Tom until the TV show known as League Cup gets canceled for low ratings or low interest or whatever. It's always it's it's going it is going to be a TV show that is going to be attached to Apple TV Plus. It is a TV It's like Shrinking and Ted Lasso. It is a TV show on Apple TV Plus.
Speaker 2: Oh I started watching Shrinking. It was pretty good.
Speaker 5: Yes, I And look, Tom Michael, I get it. They're making money off of it. It's not You're not going to just be able to power it away.
Speaker 2: We can. You can wish it away all you wanted. There's money in it for him.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. So easiest thing to to fix Open Cup, Leagues Cup. Just flex out your rosters, just make it, make it. Make it like the n b A. Don't put limits on the number of times that you can use someone and call someone up. Give your roster the accepted flexibility. Where l a FC did the quiet part out loud two seasons ago. Remember the game against Monterey Bay where they started seven LAFC two players and a backup keeper and still couldn't beat and still couldn't lose to Monterey Bay. That's what they did. They did the quiet part out loud do that, but do it out loud, go ahead and say it's all right to to you know, have your your twos players up there if you want, give them that option, expand your roster capabilities for this kind of a thing to do open Cup if you don't want in shoot or ish. I mean, you got teams in England running through the Gummy Bear Cup right now, in short of Michael's Chelsea, who had a four hundred million pounds b squad out there the other day. There are times where you'll see academy kids out there for some of the big guns in Gummy Bear Cup. They'll care more about Fa Cup more than they will Gummy Bear.
Speaker 5: That's that's yeah. I need MLS the Players Association, instead of laying everybody to figure.
Speaker 2: Their lives out.
Speaker 5: Absolutely so we can have this so we can Yeah, so we can say, hey, we're gonna on Open Cuper Leaks Cup and we're gonna put academy kids.
Speaker 2: Out there, right, go for it. Yeah. It's still as.
Speaker 5: Bs that a player can play in us L and still which is a professional league. They maintain their eligibility to play college athletics, but they can't play an MLS game and maintain their eligibility.
Speaker 7: Yeah, get the hell on, Yes, Michael, Yes, there Hey, there were moments of leaks cuff that were hilarious, like in just a just an absurd sick go.
Speaker 5: Way like there are there were moments where they were absolutely hilarious to watch on the vault, and they're gonna need to find a way to make it more appealing as time goes on, though, They're gonna need to refine it. I'm sure they're gonn try because again, yeah, I'm right.
Speaker 2: Television proud.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So uh, I mean that's it. Look I mean, I mean, but yeah, we we fixed the world's issues. That's why we were nominated for a football Content award because we fixed the world's problems. I imagine there was a little bit more to it than that, but yes, and yees. Schedule compression, good lord Christ the absolute inverse of what happened with Atlanta United two. You end up with well and because of three week break, you end up with scheduled compression, and you end up with uh because it's six and nineteen. I think for the twos, at one point, as I put my schedule away, I think they had six matches in nineteen days with the two three week breaks that were thrown into their schedule. So it's like, look, just just come at it with common sense, y'all.
Speaker 5: Yo, But John, don't you know six games in nineteen days is fine because you had a three week break and you actually stockpile all of that time off. It's not like the body actually needs time to recover from things. Now, three week break cover everything. You just stuck pile and you just you hoard all that time off, you hoard all that oxygen. You just do a little blood spinning like you're climbing up the tourd of frosts, and then you go about your life.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely true, that that is absolutely how this works. Yeah. Your your body, your body, your body, you know, saving all of that energy and from those two three week breaks, then turning around and playing six and nineteen it is like a squirrel trying to get ready for hibernation.
Speaker 5: You could also expand out the rosters and expand out the salary cap and let teams build more complete teams with better death that can play these tournaments.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you could also do that.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Yeah, you could also do that, But no, why would you why would you want to do something like that. Now we can't we can't have that. Just to put a bow on what happened with LAFC and Sporting Eric times, I'm scored in the sixtieth after Olivier's Jeru who said he's gonna fly twenty hours this month on planes, on for matches for beginning mcgah for Major League Soccer. Congratulations Olivia, Jeru, welcome to traveling in the United States in general. For business. Compost scored at one o two. Kai Kamara scored at one oh nine three to one your final and uh so uh because of this, because of all of that, because of all of that, fix your fantasy teams, people, keep an eye on your fantasy teams and allow yourself the flexibility because of what we're seeing with Sporting. Not that you would necessarily have Sporting in your fantasy team, but keep an eye on LAFC, keep an eye on Columbus, keep an eye on Vancouver, keep an eye on Toronto. When you fix your fantasy teams in coming up this weekend. All right, Uh, it is our number two and you know what that means. That means that we gotch up with one of the posse. And I'm stretching, and I'm looking at him. I'm looking at him in the green room. He's getting a gassed up ready to go, because this is where we take the tour, and this is where we go fully loaded. Whether Buddy Nino Torres dropping all them dimes from Peru, they're always wearing his Universitario Jersey. He's all dialed up on that because there's some apparently there's some how do we phrase controversy involving this stuff?
Speaker 8: You know, you know you losgh community, mister John Nelson, Junt Smith, Yeah, everybody, yeah, man, so happy.
Speaker 1: To be here, man, Yeah, all right. So we got into Open Cup. We were talking about the US Open Cup and talking about Campion's Cup and all the competitions that happened last night, and Jared and I were getting into the weeds. And one of the one of the things that we did, and this was before you started joining us, going fully loaded on your Thursdays. Yes, you're gonna need to be hydrated for this, is that because of the flaws of MLS's All Star Game, we spent two consecutive years fixing the MLS All Star Game. Now it is our Now it is our duty to fix Open Cup and League's Cup and get that on the board. So we were fixing all of that stuff and complaining about scheduled compression and all these kinds of things and seeing things come out the other side. Columbus Crew make it to the last game. Yeah, and I know you got your tattoo. You got your tattoo of the Columbus Ohio perimeter on that left on that left soup bony yours. There it is. And they made it to the last match in Compioni's Cup before losing to Clubamedica in penalties. So they get to the end of the line. And Jarrett is of the mindset. And I don't think he's in a minority that Wilford Nanzi is going to be getting phone calls from the other side of the Atlantic because of what he is doing. Does he is he the kind of guy you think that would stay and continue to build in Columbus or does he jump and go back home? You think.
Speaker 4: It's a good question, man.
Speaker 9: Uh, but but I think when he took the chances again to come over here to to Columbus.
Speaker 4: He didn't realize how well was he going to do?
Speaker 9: And uh, you you come up with with expectations to you to do the best of the UH that you can. But when you get this, this kind of success, we're talking about four finals in a year. Man for four finals in a year is an unpresent for for MLS teams and Uh, I think that his commitment with the club is is gonna make you say, maybe for another year.
Speaker 4: I want to say one more year. Okay, but then it's crazy.
Speaker 9: But at the same time, it's strassy nowadays because it's so hard to turn down the the the the obnoxious amount of money that is coming from the office right and and I don't know if that that kind of that kind of money is gonna be going down in the MLS anytime soon. So but basically what the guy did, basically what his relationship with with the players, with the club. I think I would stay. I would stay one one more year, see, you know, to to give me, you know, maybe maybe I can get another championship. Maybe I can. You know, you gotta win that. Come calf again in UH put the not just the crew of the Continental map again, but the MLS.
Speaker 1: Jared leading off with your first question for Nino here is we're fully loaded on a Thursday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, This is actually I think my only one. I have a work call I have to jump on to.
Speaker 5: But I will want to ask about No, no, no, I want to ask about.
Speaker 2: I want to ask about what was down We're about to follow last night.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're going there, all right.
Speaker 5: I'm using violence to start, I'm dropping a grenade to leave it.
Speaker 4: Oh, so let me ask you. I'm gonna I'm gonna answer that question with another question. So how many finals for UH for Atlanta this year?
Speaker 5: There will be there will there will be a final game, our final game on decision Day?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Jared went with violence and Nino just shot right back. He took the grenade. Literally, Jared threw a grenade.
Speaker 5: No, that's fine, no, because like it wasn't even just the grenade. It was just the insanity.
Speaker 2: Of that game that like I got, you.
Speaker 5: Know, I was on the road for ten hours yesterday driving back from Florida, and I got home just in time for a shootout and nothing. I said that about what the hell is happening? Like I don't know, like I we we have for years tried to spread the gospel of pseudo Medicana and Roberta Doors to people and every year we just keep going together like see see this is k this is fun.
Speaker 2: Please watch.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, yes, that's what we like.
Speaker 10: Man, that's what we like here and in coming all you know, because you going to a war every single game, and every.
Speaker 4: Single game is abouttle everything single game. It's a lot of stake and it's just it's it's.
Speaker 9: So much fun to watch, man, It's so much fun to watch because you got these all advantain from the games and there's and we got plenty of games also coming up tonight and hopefully there's more to come for for the MLA.
Speaker 4: I don't I know that.
Speaker 9: Is logistically undoable for the MLS to to uh to complaints were coming bal Or to Americana, but this I have this to don't gover.
Speaker 4: Once when he was.
Speaker 9: In Columbus, so most I said, hey, any chance that we're gonna go down there to plays? It's like, think about this and go from Seattle to freaking Buenos Aires.
Speaker 4: Man, I don't know how many hours it's just to fly.
Speaker 9: It's like fifteen hours, fifteen give it a take, right, it's it's.
Speaker 4: Go New York to Santiago. No, no, no, but uh you know what, why not try one year, just one year.
Speaker 5: Right, there's enough money for them to try it. There's enough money on the table. They'll try anything once.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, yeah, I mean it.
Speaker 4: This is a lot of money on the table.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 9: I think if you, if you guys have'm talking about Domingus on Darby.
Speaker 4: Think is why not?
Speaker 2: Man? Why not?
Speaker 4: Why not try once?
Speaker 9: Trying to see and maybe if it doesn't work? Okay, you said we try right, Like you're true?
Speaker 1: I mean, could you?
Speaker 2: I would?
Speaker 5: I would lose my mind if they try. Can you imagine Mercedes Benz Stadium. Yeah, we juniors coming here for a full stadium experience.
Speaker 2: People would not know what to do. They're not prepared for that. They're not prepared for Like, hey, we sit l A f C on the road, what'd you do? We're sitting into Monumental?
Speaker 6: How'd that go?
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 2: Will no one?
Speaker 1: I was ready for that, but still, man, do you you dropping those perspective matchups? I pulled the rock here from WrestleMania forty. I'm like, I'm doing that.
Speaker 2: I'm doing Olivia.
Speaker 5: Olivia the Ruse played all over Europe dropping in Monumentsal at thirty eight years old, like nope, nope, nope. Sorry guys, my calf tightened up.
Speaker 2: I'm good.
Speaker 1: I mean, could you. I mean picture this. We we're fixing international soccer this morning. I'm fully loaded, that's what we're doing. I mean picture this. If you had an L A f C. If you had a Messian friends, if you you get the Gulf Stream Galacticos to go play river plate and have it mean something? Holy Christ.
Speaker 4: No, no, just let me let me go a step forward.
Speaker 1: There, here we go. All right, we're go for it.
Speaker 4: So of course I swear I didn't smoke anything weird this morning. But when I say this, all right, how about just picture this right in Atlanta, United.
Speaker 6: Couple, Oh my god, there's.
Speaker 2: You want.
Speaker 5: You want money on the table. Then enter Miami, down to Newles, then Messi and down to Newles. Oh wow, watch what happens. They might retire on the spot and just hang out for a while.
Speaker 2: But watch that. Watch the attendance of that game.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, you got you better have the you better have the gendarme, like in like a three mile radius around Newell Stadium. Because of all the stories that folks are saying about Messi if he ever comes home and goes back to Newles But I mean to have those kinds of matchups, to have an l A f C, to have an LA Galaxy, to have a crew, to have a MESSI and friends, to have in Atlanta, United going into the into these competitions that we the SDH super Copa. That's it. That's what we're calling up, the sd super Copa. When we win, when we win the powerball or whatever, we're gonna take our random clubs that we want, throw them into this pot and do like a it's like winner take all. Here's like five million US winner take all in this invitational, the SDH super Copa. We're in. I got this figured out, man, We're good.
Speaker 4: That's it. That's it.
Speaker 1: I'm all. I'm all jacked up now, okay, all right, So both the Focos the Apollo. Last night, some guy named Thiago Almada scored. Folks in Atlanta might have heard of him. Then for the longest time it was one nil, and then the eighty seventh you get an equalizer. Then it goes to pe K's and has that. And even though it didn't and I say this jokingly because in the end it didn't really matter, but has that one PK knocked And Jared mentioned this that that one PK that went well over the bar, has that one knocked the Michael Bradley p K and a decaying orbit.
Speaker 9: It's gotta be like that. And and you know, I was watching that game. I watched the full game of follow and whattfolo? And really that's a polity, no god match man, no god matching?
Speaker 2: What the follow?
Speaker 4: And then I'm so happy for for what the bol to reach the finals, then the finals.
Speaker 1: There's just still a couple more games semis.
Speaker 11: Yeah, but they got the semi finals of the Coming Bowl tournament in fifty one years, man, fifty one years man, it is It is ridiculous.
Speaker 4: So it's special for what thefore? And I'm so happy for an after that derail from last year.
Speaker 9: They were leaning for seventeen points and they ended up behind, and they have blowing up that lead.
Speaker 4: Seventeen point lead, man, how do you go up seventeen point leading a tone? It is ridiculous. But back to the penalty thing, it's that's the beauty.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: I don't know why people, why people, it's against the penalties.
Speaker 12: It's in the most even decision for a game, you know, just you know, then you gotta go for clipping a colin in, right. But penalties are fun, penalties are dramatic.
Speaker 9: Penalties adds so much more to the game and a lot more to the game.
Speaker 4: And I'm so for it for the for the penalties. But I mean said that, you know, I missed when I missed from Prince Rules.
Speaker 9: It's the the golden goal.
Speaker 1: Okay, that was that was That was awesome.
Speaker 9: That that was super dramaic. But because because once you score, the game was over. That moment you score game over, game over, Oh my beautiful.
Speaker 4: I think they might consider to bring that up back up.
Speaker 1: That would be pretty sweet night. It is peni Roll and Flamingo. Flamingo in the juice boxes is a plus one twenty four. They're a road favorite six o'clock Eastern time. In the US, peni Roll is a plus two thirty five, and Flamingo is a plus two twenty two.
Speaker 9: Oh pion All Everyone's soup be supporting Pinionole the Catronados. The Giants are Batman. The Giants are five times champions, go believe its man, five times man, and now they.
Speaker 4: Have even won this tournament since nineteen eighty seven.
Speaker 9: This is the first chance to go back into the finals since twenty eleven when they.
Speaker 4: Lost to Santos.
Speaker 9: And uh, what I saw in the first leg being you you old, got you gotta you got Joe, you got to google dot dot golf. From being old, they're swimming many Google up because it's just it's this magic. It's magic, you know, all the elaboration from side to side. It's not on one side finishing the other side and having to hold hoving to the the character to hold on Flamingo because they went after them, but Pole did not finch, did not finch one time, not one time. Everything all the short was so solid, and they could have wanted.
Speaker 4: They could have put a couple more goals with a couple.
Speaker 9: More counter attacks, so it could have been the distance could have been longer, but one.
Speaker 6: It is what it is.
Speaker 4: And now they're going back to a Celo Stadium.
Speaker 9: Imotivideo sold out, completely sold out Biondelo in motivideo to welcome the old Mighty Flamingo. That a roster of two hundred and fifty million dollars, bigger than anyone else in the in the continent. All right, it was funny because the other day we were somebody match up the rosters leagues, right leagues, right. See, the the roughter of Flamengo is more valuable than the entirely got Oh no, it proved that the entire league a Colorian league, that the entire Columbia league the league bro that's the difference that there is now between the Brazilians and the rest of the continents.
Speaker 6: And but but if there's.
Speaker 4: A concrete that can stand up against Brazil.
Speaker 2: That's your wife.
Speaker 4: And they they've done it many times, many times, and that thing they're gonna do it.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 4: It's the moment for piano. Let's go pian, all right.
Speaker 1: Uh, the other half of the bracket has already been figured out and they don't play again until late October. It's Atletic, it's Atletico and river Plate and so river Plate after knocking off Colo Colo two one in the aggregate, they advanced and Athletico was down one nil to flem An Insay before scoring two goals and making their way through So Atletico River Plate one semifinal. Both the Fogo waits on pay roll. Who's up one nil in the aggregate right now on Flamingo. So that is a couple of birth the doors now we got.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's the.
Speaker 9: More even match up right there between Real played and Athletic Dominato, because I think we played has.
Speaker 4: Enough to be Athletic mania after what I saw last night. It was it was a massacre.
Speaker 9: Twenty five shots, twenty five shots from Athletic do Minato, seventeen of those on target.
Speaker 4: The seventeen on target.
Speaker 9: All right, the goal was massive. Then there it'scoring. Only two goals. It missed a penalty, Hulk missed a penalty. But Attic Dominado last night it was wild.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 9: It was scary, scary, and I think that we played even with the old mighty Ga Yardo and the world champions with and the tourn of Cini for real play. This is gonna be off to who knows, who knows?
Speaker 1: Soon.
Speaker 4: I want to see that we have played versus Spando.
Speaker 1: Finally, Oh yeah, no doubt uh soon Americana, they're still in the quarters leading into the Semis. Corinthians made it no problem. They had beat fort Lesa five nil in the aggregate to make it to the Semis. And yesterday Lanoos was going up against the Indiana mid Ejen and for Lenows there's another familiar phase for Atlanta United folks. It is Marcelna Moreno. So Marcelna Moreno's getting reps right now at Lenouse and Lenous. It took him a while, but they got the win. It was a goal is going into leg two. Lenus gets the win to to one in the the aggregate, so they advance in the other two matchups are today. So before we get into Liberta da Suncion, Crusero and Attic Para instant Ross and Klube, what about Corinthians and Lenouse making it through.
Speaker 4: I think Corinthians is gonna take it. Corinthians is gonna take.
Speaker 10: It on on Lanus and and I love, I love that my boy Andre Carrio is starting now, not just playing for Corinthians, starting for Corinthians in the right wing.
Speaker 9: And the picture is right because in Brazil, if you if there's if there's two positions that we can get more quality is wingers and our backs, right, and he is playing as a winger in THELA that is remarkable at the age of thirty two. My boy, all my my goodbybes to you, and and Luis it's it's a classic. It's a classic Insul American. Did they always go up there when they started to make it run? It's so hard to stop him and I that's a that's a very even match up right there, Corinthians and and Lenus. So we'll see what happens him. We'll see what happens in those today. Both of them are at eight thirty. So it's simultaneous play. Crusero heavy favorite at home against Libertatasunciona to minus one seventy five, and this is to win the match, specifically, not to go through in the aggregate. Okay, Crusero big favorite minus one seventy five to win tonight. Libertatasunciona is almost a plus five hundred to win tonight. Ross and Clube basically the same.
Speaker 1: They're minus one seventy nine tonight, hosting athletical part in i NSA at a plus four eighty four. So right now the juice boxers are saying Crusado and Rossing Clube winning tonight to work their way through. But the biggest question is can they win big enough tonight, because can they win big enough tonight to get through? Cruzero's already got a two nil lead. So if they win, they've got some money to play with. Here. Athletical part I insay is up one nil heading into leg number two, Ross and Clube has some work to do.
Speaker 9: I think that Rossing Globe, the game is gonna go into the penalties. Man, They're gonna go into penalties. I don't think that, even though who knows that? Because if we got Martinez and Kato in a in a in a big night, it could be something special for Russian that they're looking to go back into the the semi finals.
Speaker 4: Of International Company Chapter twenty seven years.
Speaker 9: It's been it's been a long time in the in the making for Russian who has a cous as a man.
Speaker 4: Of the house, right, a big, big rassing gist leading the way. But uh, it all depends.
Speaker 9: It all depends if the Columbia is all fire case closed. Okay, close, thing goes with all penalties, but it could be either way.
Speaker 10: And the other match up, the Crusado, they're gonna not gonna have any merit in Liberta.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, Liberta, you got your chance to see if this is the thing. If they win and home they're done.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so yeah, you you you gotta you gotta go now, I go to Brazil and you you're not gonna make it.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna make it, all right, So I have your list and I have we have we have three topics to get to before we do the handoff. And I know that you probably want to ask about uh Roberta drs and Suit Americana with Nico when he shows up here in probably about ten minutes. So since we're discussing what's going on in the South American continent story involving your jersey, you say historical championship controversy between the two Peruvian giants, Universitario and Aleanza Lima, Please, sir, explain and expound.
Speaker 9: So that's crazy, right, I don't know what's going on with the with the with the people from Alima, because this is the year of the Cincinnado whenever, for one hundred years of the of the club and then they've been throwing stories here and there, but yesterday it was one of the I mean for me, for us, it's funny, right, for when you study fantasy, it's funny because it's all said and done.
Speaker 4: Water has more championships than anyone else. Right, we got twenty seven titles.
Speaker 9: Alias Elva has twenty five, but there is uh this story from the title from nineteen thirty four.
Speaker 4: Nineteen thirty four, you know the books, the official.
Speaker 9: The official records from the PREVIM the soccer federations, is that when you started reports won the title for nineteen thirty four, right, and Alias Alima won the previous three. They got the the the three championships in a row. They could have done it four in a row. Unpresidented.
Speaker 4: It never is done. It has never been done in Peru anyway. So but there's these uh historians, historians.
Speaker 9: They say that, I'm not that's not true that Alan Salima won that year, even though the title points at twenty one points right, twenty one points on twenty one for another studio. But it was decided because of the result of the reserves. So aliensa reserve. It needn studios reserve, and that's how they decided the title, right and uh. And then the pruing OCCA Federation said, you know what, We're gonna play one matchup one. It took like six months or so, we're gonna play another matchup. We're gonna we can all leave this like that, we can all be deciding this tournament because of.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do a plus one.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 4: You know we're gonna were gonna play one game and one game only, and it gets who won. We won't, all right, but no, no, no, no, no, this is not true. This is not true. You gotta start fake, you gotta start fake.
Speaker 9: So this guy, this Brandon journalist, send an email to FIFA in February right third.
Speaker 6: I think it is the date.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you just.
Speaker 4: Got that response yesterday, right yesterday, got the response.
Speaker 9: No, the champion of nineteen thirty four improved, and that it's been going on all around.
Speaker 1: You have no idea, man, It's like Southeastern Conference football. It's like you know, rivalries. No, we've got this many wins, No, we've got this. No, we know exactly what you're talking about with college football and those kinds of things. Brother. That is that is That's about Park. That's about that's about Park.
Speaker 4: It was funny, man, it was funny.
Speaker 1: That is absolutely and and so yeah, I can I can see how you guys are taking swings at each other over that. But yeah, that's that's that. That is a college football Saturday in the Southeast. Man. You get those rivalry numbers.
Speaker 4: Their official records.
Speaker 1: Man the records on the records, you know, no, there Look, there are college football rivalries in the Southeastern United States where they dispute the number of wins. And it goes back to those times that are ninety to one hundred years ago, were records and newspapers. You remember newspapers where it's like, you know, yeah, this is what we think happened, but how many people were there and how many people remember it? And like, no, we won that game. No, that one didn't count. We had our guys off the war, and we had a you know, we had a team of of non students that were there. Oh, absolutely no, this is par for the course.
Speaker 9: And then and I'm gonna do something about this, maybe because I'm not I'm not I'm not done with the same.
Speaker 4: I'm sick of this.
Speaker 5: I know, you know when your title is, but not that there was.
Speaker 9: The h This this is the newspaper in Parokire is the the biggest one of all el coomercial they got they have, of course, they're archives, and I'm gonna go there and diving give me.
Speaker 4: The fives from nineteen thirty four. I'm gonna pull it, out it up. I don't know if I can take a picture or not, but we'll feel something out about. I'm gonna go there and pull the fish rekles from that year because they have it.
Speaker 1: They do have it, so.
Speaker 2: Watch out, all right.
Speaker 1: You are hip deep in the Portuguese Premira right now? What's doing with goal TV? And it is time to get out the trumpet and hit it as loud as humanly possible. Grab the siren, sit there and wind it up and make it as loud as possible. Because you you are turning into the Victor Yokeresh fan club president. Understandably so considering what he's doing at Sporting, but you are sounding the Yo Korsh siren and hitting it as loud as humanly possible. The question that you brought to the table is he the best striker in the world right now? Your evidence, counselor leads to what leads.
Speaker 9: To forty goals in forty games this year, no one has more goals than Victor Joggris in the planet.
Speaker 4: He has more than Mbapei, he has more than Hallan. He's ahead of those two, all right, and not only that in the last ten matches. Last time listen to this. Huh seventeen goals on papacies in the last ten match.
Speaker 9: So tell me if your boy Halena has on that, tell me, tell me, just tell me, no, no, no, nobody, nobody is a little as Victor Yochris.
Speaker 4: Right now on the planet. Man on the planet.
Speaker 9: All right, So breaking out and of course you're want to see it in the Champions like now, week after week and he's gonna keep adding out those numbers and then they're going down to.
Speaker 4: Uh to Iron Dahmer next week and next week.
Speaker 9: So I think it's gonna be another another massive night for Bigger Yograshy in the Champions League and now this hopefully and hopefully in.
Speaker 4: The in the winter transfer window.
Speaker 9: So crazy it comes up with two hundred million to take out Joggers out of the Permier year. That's the only way that they can take him out because he's released closes right now is a hundred million now and.
Speaker 1: It's gonna get even bigger and bigger with Yo Koresh if Sporting can pull the trigger. My guess is it it'll happen after the regular season's over because they don't want to uh, you know, they don't want to upset things and what they're doing right now. They want to win the league. They want to go as far as they get a Champions League. They gotta hang under Yokoresh until the season's over. Then I think they make the deal.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: You also had a really cool story involving Sporting CP and one of their one of their big fans. What happened there?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 9: It was crazy, right because I was calling the game the Sporting game last weekend and I show this grandma and this grandma with her jersey of Sporting right, all the fans, all the the the head coach, he got pictures with the players and how it's going on on the air, and it is so cool because I when something like this happens in Portugal, I always said on her Guys filmman here, what's going on that? People on ex people on the Instagram everywhere? Just right to me, what's happening. I don't know what's happening because I prayed for the game, but I'm not prepped for an old lady coming into the stadium right when if it's eighty three year old jersey, I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 4: So then boom, somebody.
Speaker 9: Said that to me, Boom, send it to me and says, this lady lost her her house on a fire. Because there's a lot of fires in Portugal right now, as well as in Peru too. I'm glad that they're in. It's over now.
Speaker 2: But the.
Speaker 4: TV was, you know, this lady is losing her house. But she was saving her sporting club stuff from the fire.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 9: Right, her memorabilia, that's what she saved. That's what she rescued from her house. Nothing else but her beloved clubs memorabilia. And so they saw that on the news. They called the lady.
Speaker 2: They he was just just.
Speaker 4: Just t People don't understand.
Speaker 2: And what what the.
Speaker 9: Passion for for the sport for your club man aided your callors in your heart man for a reason.
Speaker 1: How much? How much? That's very cool? How much Universitario stuff do you have there in the the studio, Dinino? How how much stuff do you have?
Speaker 4: Of get a couple of things? I got a couple of things. Oh but I promise you right. Oh, I want to show you something. Oh my boy, my boy.
Speaker 1: Here, Oh yeah, here we go. We are a pet friendly environment. We are pet friendly. Oh yeah, here we go. There he is bringing the man to the table here. He he's like, what I do. Oh, he's got his jersey, buddy, that's awesome. And you woke him up. He's just like, know, can dad, can you put me back on the sofa? I was sleeping? Can you do that for me? You woke him up to show the jersey. He's like, man, can you just put me back on? Can you put me back in the sofa? You woke my ass up to show that. But as always, we we are a we are a guardian. We are a guardian promoting zone and anytime that that the pups make their way on it is always approved by the way the rowdy man. Since the boss is now headed to work, rowdy man is under his table. Yeah, and he's just like yeah, whatever, he's out. He's just like yeah, I mean, that's his standard position what he does. He'll be under He'll be under his table looking at the entry way to the office, being the guardian and protector that he is. So if someone that he doesn't know, or if he hears a noise, he's out like a shot down the hall. He's out the door and he's making sure that everything is okay. Uh So, anytime anytime that we get to show our our guardians and our friends, we that is always going to be the case. My other question, uh for you has to do with what you're calling this weekend because for those on Gold TV, uh that to get to watch you on Gold TV and everybody that we are trying to get to get Finaates, f NTZ dot co slash Soccer down here. That way you help out us, You help out Finaates, you get to hear and hang out with our man Nino here. What is the schedule this weekend for you?
Speaker 9: We're gonna gonta light schedule this week and we got two games on sun on Saturday and two games on Sunday. Of course, we got the big the big dogs from Portugal got the the Picas game on Saturday, it's at three thirty pm eastertime versus the Jubi Senti. Then we got the U one Championship with wonder Rest versus Danubio. Danube's the only leader. This funny perfect in the un Championship. I'm all for that game. And then on Sunday, Porto versus the Dragons. Right, guys, get I was mentioned strikers, right, but I also put to that striker spanning at twenty three years.
Speaker 4: Old, Samuel or morod On.
Speaker 6: Uh huh, you guys score three.
Speaker 4: Goals in the last hundred and twelve minutes.
Speaker 1: Yoah, Yeah, we have been keeping an eye on I'm Morodeon and finding out what he's going to be like because the paycheck will exist for I'm Alredyon coming up in short order. All right, last half hour of the show. We know what that means. That means we add Seattle to the mix. I run a fancy open, we turn it into a three way dance with a handoff. I imagine today that the question is going to be the conversation is going to be suder Americana, Roberta Doors. We'll get into that coming up. So let me hit the fancy open. We'll bring in Seattle. It'll be Atlanta, Peru and Seattle in the final half hour here of the show with our buddy Nico Moreno. And so of course I promoted all and I'm sitting here looking and it's like, where's my open? I can't find my open to to hit it?
Speaker 6: All?
Speaker 1: Right, Here we go, found the open, fancy open. Here we go. H that time beat two three four, It is Nino. It is Nico and it is Nelson. That's where we are here for the final half hour, starting with the handoff. What Nino, what did you want to talk about with Nico this week? Did you want to do Alberta DRS and sit Americana. Where'd you want to go?
Speaker 9: Yeah, well we'll go Libertodores they will have Unfortunately there there's no there's no Colombian teams in the on the picture, neither Prubians, so it'll be it'll be nice nice to see that and anytime soon then, But Nico, who do you think you can make a run next year for a for A for the for the Columbia League in the company.
Speaker 6: Or the oh man, that's tough man. The Colombian league has been in such a disarray as of late. Actually, my.
Speaker 13: Team of Colombia Atlantic National, they're usually at the top of all of these sort of tournaments. I'm not used to watching as where Athletico National is not a protagonist. On Junior was the last one to like really be any sort of competition this year, so it's been a difficult one. I like National either way, not just because I'm it's my team, uh, but I feel like it's one that you're starting to get a group of players both young and experienced. They're not going the Klieway, which is going way older tory to recycle all the old talent that you know, the league has had. So yeah, yeah, So I think Nationalist is a team that hopefully can get back to its roots of winning and begin to mold more players, not just in this sort of tournament, but to pass them on to Europe, which is something that's pretty particular for plenty.
Speaker 1: All right, that's the handoff as we go through sud Americana, we go through Libertadors, and we even talked a little bit about what's going on with with Nino and his Columbus Ohio perimeter tattoo. We'll get into that with cooking up in just a little bit. Nino, as always, my friend. Great to have you for the first half hour of the power Hour here on Thursday when we go fully loaded. Be safe, Make sure that the Boss, your your lead security agent, continues to nap wearing his Universit Tario jersey on the sofa behind you. Do not be a stranger. We will catch up with you next week, and anytime you want to crash, you know you can crash.
Speaker 4: I think it's in my Scotch. Always a pleasure to all see you next time.
Speaker 1: You got it, Love you be safe and we will catch up soon. All right, And now Nino's gonna go into the green room. What Nino does when we sign off. After the handoff, he listens in the green room. He doesn't just hang up. I mean what he'll do. He'll sit there and he'll listen to us talk about Major League Soccer. Always got the rave greenout? Which cup two or three?
Speaker 6: This is two baby two? Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Uh So he'll he'll kind of hang out in the green room and he'll react to what you and I are talking about. Literally, there'll be times where he'll fall out of his chair and I can see it in the green room. So we have our we have our South American live audience falling out of their chairs as we go through things. We started to show off this morning talking about the three championship games that happened last night, with what happened in Campeona's Cup, with what happened in the can champ and with what happened in Open Cup. Where do you want to start when it comes to those three.
Speaker 13: Well, I watched two of the three, so I would love to start with Open Cup and then maybe we can put into moving to compelling His Cup after that.
Speaker 1: All right, So it was three to one. Kai Kamara obviously with the quote of the day. After the match was over, he said Don was here, meaning Don Garber. I saw him, he was on the podium. He gave me a medal. So just get him in here and make sure they don't take MLS away from this. This is amazing. You know, this is American soccer right here. Don't take away from our history. End quote. So Kai Kamara scores. Kai who is I think seventy two years old and still is incredibly productive from cal State University. He knows what the American soccer footprint is. He knows what it means to be in all these different competitions and all these different locations. He gets a an oh, he gets an Open Cup medal. It's something that LAFC, despite their negative nature of playing these days, they fight through it and still end up winning titles. Olivier Jerroux was all happy and everything, most handsome man and Major League Soccer scored last night. I don't see I see this as adding hardware. But I don't see this for LAFC as something where they will open up things offensively. I still think that they're going to be defensive first and frustrate everybody except for Steve Charundelo, who I will maintain. Ever since they got bumped out of Conkycap Champions League, when they were all offensive and they had Carlos Vela and all the stars. Ever since then, Steve Charundelo has pulled back offensively. He's wanted to make sure that the that the golf team is in the golf cart, and he's got the governor on it, and I think that he's restricting the talent that's there. It's almost like pounce and create instead of create and pounds. Does that make sense?
Speaker 6: It does?
Speaker 1: It does?
Speaker 6: However, I feel like it if he's built a team that.
Speaker 13: Can't benefit from that sort of play, then I think it's all good and well.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 6: I mean, I've always been like you, right, kind of this.
Speaker 13: Purist of beautiful soccer, and I want to see you hold the ball, and I want to see you use the width of the field, and I want to see a little bit of flair in some connection, some link up play.
Speaker 6: But Steve yeah, I think he saw himself in some situations.
Speaker 13: I mean, you don't lose four finals and don't try to change things up. And throughout that time he has been a coach that would rather play counter soccer and rather give you the ball and like you said, not create, but maybe just leive off your mistakes. We're gonna press the ball, We're gonna go and transition, and I think he's built a team for it, right, I mean, the wing play is elite is.
Speaker 6: Uh, it doesn't matter which way you go, you go bwanga, you go bug with, you go kick. You got guys that can run perfectly. When it comes to a transition moment.
Speaker 13: You have a a holding mid field that is quick distributing the ball, that is going to try as much as they can at delivering the uh switch of player or switching the point of attack whenever it's necessary, whenever you see the space on the other side.
Speaker 6: So because of that, I don't hate it.
Speaker 13: And I thought that in this particular final they struggled a little bit because Peter Vermis, in a very Peter Vermes type of situation, he gave l a f C the ball and he was very cautious and yes, a lot of people were criticizing Peter for.
Speaker 6: Looking a freight in the first half, and I think that's outrageous, man. I mean, you're playing LA f C.
Speaker 13: If I'm going to go play you open and I'm going to try to his beat you out what you're good at, I'm not gonna go anywhere. And I thought that that's why this game was as even as it was throughout the first ninety. I thought that, uh, Peter did some some some great things, right. I mean he really limited situations even with Dennis Banga did look like Dennis Blanca votes I'll tell you that.
Speaker 6: He mean, he was all over.
Speaker 13: He was a handful uh speed, I'm gonna come right at you, clearly taking advantage of Shelton, a non defensive minded player has a right back.
Speaker 6: And you saw Kay later on do the same.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 6: But uh, Dennis Banca thought was on point.
Speaker 13: I thought, jiu has this was the best game I've seen him play, uh since he started with LA f C, obviously with l A f C and MLS. Please don't come at me. The best game I've ever seen him play, I mean with this particular team. And I thought that the speed that Peter wanted to see out of that that midfield, out of their senate defensive midfielders, I thought created some problems at times for LAFC. So it was a great game and Kai Kamara, you gotta just applaud the man. Uh, it's so effortless for him that that that third goal is the final punch that completely knocked out Sporting in the City.
Speaker 6: It was two to one.
Speaker 13: It could have still been tied up, it could have been equaled at some point. But Kai Kamara, the way he literally jogs to the eighteen, He's looking at Denny's wangat the entire time Denny Wang is doing his thing on the side. He continues to just lightly jog. He sees that Shelton has no idea he is right behind him. And when then he puts that ball inside with good pace at the right spot, he just runs right in front of Shelton and puts the ball away effortless.
Speaker 6: And that's what he's been doing for this team.
Speaker 13: And that's credit to Charndolo for being able to use a guy like him with his experience with his IQ and they deservingly won that Open Cup.
Speaker 6: But I do want to credit Sporting.
Speaker 13: Kansas City for making it hard for taking it to ot for not allowing themselves to just get beat down by l AFC. Tommy is a guy that he's always been productive. He's done it all for Sporting kind the City. He's been in the back line, he's been on a plane out wide, he's played middle. In this one he played as as a cam and and I thought he did it well. It was nice to see him in shallowy uh put that goal for Sporting Kansas City. But LAOC was just too much. At the end of the day, LAFC wanted it. They you said in their faces. You saw it in the celebration. They want to get that rust off being or that stigma of being the best, second best after finals.
Speaker 1: That's never the best, never to win until two more questions about LAFC, and to your point about Sporting. If I'm Peter Vermes in that matchup, you're on the road, You're going up against the team that is better than you. Why not let them have the ball? Why not let them It's almost like Vermes wants to rope adope you and literally it's like, all right, you can have the ball. You you expand you expend, you spend all of your energy. I'm gonna sit here and I'm gonna wait. I saw. I mean for a philosophy on a road game against a team that is better than you, I could definitely see. Look, I'm gonna rope adope your ball. You go ahead, and you tire yourself out and I'll take advantage of it late. I can understand why Peter would do something like this for the first hour many minutes. I get that completely.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And he said it.
Speaker 13: I don't know if it was after the get, but he said, you know, I knew they were going to come at us with everything they had within the first twenty minutes.
Speaker 6: So he had to hold on.
Speaker 13: He had to do certain things, and we did that. Holding on, Polito gets a great chance in front of goal. And now Polito is a guy that he needs to put those type goes away. And we're talking about a whole different ballgame, right, And that's been Sporting.
Speaker 6: Kansas City's season in a nutshell, right.
Speaker 13: It's just the fact that their top players are not a top form right now, and guys like shallow Wie and Polito, even Russell, who obviously is at the end of his career already or at least not in his prime. They're starting to see a little bit of problems. But I thought that the strategy was put on right. I thought that they played the game that they that was going to give him the best chance to win. And again, anytime that you take LAOC to overtime with the limitations, the problems you've had all season, I mean, that's created to Peter.
Speaker 1: How did Carlos How does Carlos Vail fit under the salary?
Speaker 2: Kept?
Speaker 1: Did they just give him like an Albertson's gift card or something for for stuff? I mean literally, is it like and Albertson's gift cards and you know, maybe a lifetime a lifetime gift card to in and out Burger? How did this come down? How did this fit?
Speaker 6: That's a great question. Uh. I know that they have room.
Speaker 1: It wasn't much, okay, and that and that was my biggest thing. It's like, you know, how creative are they? Did they actually have room? Was it a gift cards kind of a thing? What is the what was working with here?
Speaker 13: All I know is that they they did have room both in roster and his salary, and that number. I'm unaware of what that is because I've read a couple of different reports, and I don't want to give you a wrong number, but there was room for it.
Speaker 6: Whether whether that number is the same number.
Speaker 13: That you know they told us they gave Gary Bale at one point, and what they're saying that they're giving Louise, I'm not sure what's behind the scenes if they do get that in and out lifetime warranty, you know, if they get a free pass or their entire family to hit up Disneyland, I don't know, but at the end of the day, there's gotta be something.
Speaker 6: Else in line. But you know, look the Corlins build.
Speaker 13: I think it's interesting. Man, it's more of a celebration to him. I think it's just like a farewell tour. I love the way Carlos kind of tamed all expectations. Man, I'm not ready to play in any team. I'm just here just to help the squad right probably later down the road, and I think that's what it's gonna be.
Speaker 6: He's gonna be training, he's gonna be with the guys. He's gonna enjoy of.
Speaker 13: Whatever run LAFC makes this season, and whenever his number is called, to be ready to play.
Speaker 6: Fifteen twenty minutes.
Speaker 13: Maybe I don't know if he'll get a start, but if he does, he's gonna have to get used to all the changes that happened with his offense. He's gonna have to get his body right, and he lets you know already that he his But it's not right to start or to play any minutes at this point in time, So I think it's more of.
Speaker 6: A celebration to a player that was great. Look, I kind of envy them.
Speaker 13: I would love to see a Nico Letodero final tour in the Club World Cup next year, but she's not gonna happen. But I thought that it was a cool, interesting thing. I love that Torrenton ended up even answering some questions in Spanish about the decision to bring back a player as important as Carlos Vela. But in terms of the salary cap, I'm sure they did some some magic tricks because I don't know how he fits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ki bail Reese, Jeru Veila, there's some creative financing going on here with But it was weird.
Speaker 13: If this was going to be the end game, why didn't Carlos just accept whatever it is that was negotiated before I mean it's a little bit odd.
Speaker 6: I'm not gonna lie to you that part.
Speaker 13: I like to see the best of the novel of the series of the Gesture, but it is a bit of a head scratcher of why you would you decide to sit for six months and then come back and take pennies underd dollar.
Speaker 1: At the end of the day, yep can Champ. Vancouver won in PKS and they win the can Champ, so they get their way into the concor CAF Hemisphere Extravaganza. Columbus and Cluba Medica go to PKS tied after ninety go to PKS. Clobe America wins at five to four. We were talking about it with Nino to begin this hour, and he thinks that it might be one more year after this one before Wilford Nanci and Columbus crew and Jimmy Haslam are given the offer that they can refuse to have Wilfrid he go overseas and manage someplace and have the chance to go home. Do you get the sense that Wilfred is happy with the resources he's getting with the Haslums in Columbus and would stay longer than that, or is he looking for larger frontiers.
Speaker 13: I think he's happy there, I think, and I don't know Wilfred like this, but if I was to paint a picture of what I think goes on in that big brain of his, I think that he likes what he has right now.
Speaker 6: He has the ability to mold young players.
Speaker 13: He has older resources that he can He has a team of brilliant players and you saw it in the play. We'll get into that in a little bit that he can work with. So he's all good right now. But in soccer things tend to change day to day. So I'm looking at Kucho, I'm looking at how much he's making. I know he's looking around the league. I know he has still time on his contract, but there's gonna be a point where he's gonna be like, hey man, I'm over here dominating in MLS and I'm not getting dominating money. I look around the league and even you know, this current contract over all redeas is still above mine. And I think Evander makes more than I do. And I think, you know, all these players that are not couch or making more than I do.
Speaker 6: I need to get a race.
Speaker 13: So how does management make sure that a guy that is important as Coucher stays and that keeps Wilfred happy there. We'll see, But I feel like the infrastructure of Columbus and what they've been able to do, even moving on from certain front of his personalities, and they've been able to keep that theory and that soccer module. I think Wilfrid is fine. And I don't think he's dying to get to Europe. I'm not sure that's what I see when he when he talks. So I think he's happy there as long as things continue to be this saying, I feel like Wilford smart enough that he's not in any type of rush to put himself in a situation that might not just be advantageous to him but to his career. I mean, at this point, continue to win, continue to get the benefit of being the top team in MLS, and continue to be that guy that everybody looks up to when he comes to the way you play, the way that you've managed the locker room, all of these things, and then later on down the road, then you could go ahead and make that pussure. So if I have to say whether he wants to stay or not, I think for right now and at least for a couple of years he'd want to stay in MLS.
Speaker 1: Kucho to your point, and I found the salary figures courtesy of our friends at the MLSPA. Kucho's base is two point six guaranteed comp just under two point nine. Some of the other heavy hitters in Columbus nagby one point four base, one point five to four guaranteed, Rossi two point six seven five base guaranteed, three point three three million, three hundred and seventy six and twenty seven dollars. That's Rossi guaranteed. And those are the only ones that are into seventh those seven figure players on Columbus. It's just those three that are making more than a million dollars a season, those three guys, and Kuco right now is second at two point six and two point eight eighty six behind Diego Rossi on that roster.
Speaker 13: Yeah, no, absolutely, And compared to what Wilfred was coming from, I mean that that's gotta feel pretty good.
Speaker 6: And I do expect this team to go and get more people.
Speaker 13: And when I saw guys like Juwan Jones come in for whatever money they did, that looked like a move. Dad Wilford said I need that guy. I want that guy, and they got him that guy. So I'm not really of the thought that he needs a big wallet and just once undeniable money like Atlanta or Miami. I just think that he wants the guys he wants, and as long as you provide him those players, he's going to be fine. And again, as long as you give him the guys that have made a difference on the field and off the field, ROSSI all those big those big name players NA me and keep them with those sort of resources, I think he's gonna be fine.
Speaker 1: Right now Patrick Shelty, who's probably going to be getting a big raise. His comp right now full is one hundred and eighty thousand dollars, so that is going to be going that direction with a Shelty. At the very least.
Speaker 6: How much is Farsi making.
Speaker 1: Mo Farsi According to the MLS players Salary grouping, he's three point fifty base three eighty guaranteed.
Speaker 6: They've just done such a good job with that.
Speaker 13: I mean, when you look at those players and you look at the talent level, at some point maybe this is one of those situations where it's the perfect moment for the team because you got all of these upcoming players that haven't really reached top salaries. But when you look at Farsi Morera, when you look at Christian Ramirez and what he's making, again, even Kucho Kutcha could be asking for double what he's making, but he came in at this specific price in time. Would you look at duwe Jones, would you look at Matan? I mean, these are quality players that have been consistent for this team, and yet they're at a very low salary. So just credit to that front office and what they've been able to do the way they've been able to do it.
Speaker 1: They're all making mid six figures. To answer the names that you mentioned, Christian Ramirez full compensation just under five hundred thousand. We mentioned Chelte right now, he's at one sixty six oh three. He's going to get a big raise, and a big ass raise is what he's going to be getting. Let's see Morera's at eight hundred thousand base eight eighty two guaranteed, Maton coming in from his time with NYCFC and other places. Four to fifty base for eighty three and a quarter is guaranteed. And we mentioned Farsi Shaberco is at five point fifty three and a quarter guaranteed, Rudy Camacho five point fifty one total guaranteed, and Multi Amensen just under four hundred thousand guaranteed. So there's a lot of six figure dudes there, but they're all mid six figure dudes, and so there's a good massaging that's been going on with salaries. In the salary cap. You know what time it is, Oh, it is cliffhanger Ton. It is Cliffhanger time. So we're gonna run through the games and if there's a game you want to talk about total number, we'll do it. Uh, seven thirty starts seven forty actually, so seven thirty in the book seven forty on Apple TV CF Montreal San Jose CF Montreal favored at Stott Suputo to minus one nineteen DC and Crew Crewe is a road favorite. Even after last night, there's still a road favorite at the plus one thirty three. DC United a plus one seventy five. The draw is a plus two seventy seven. Interesting there, coming off a midweek game with Crew having to go to DC. I thought that was intriguing. What's the what the draw to seventy seven.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, I'd probably go with a draw there. Maybe Columbus goes and just manages this game DC United. If anything, they can't create some problems for that three man back line, uh specifically with their crosses.
Speaker 6: I thought that.
Speaker 13: Yesterday they put themselves in some bad situations. I mean that goal by Novella that is a new signing for COPAM for Club America from Chile.
Speaker 6: Very good, very fast.
Speaker 13: It happens in a little bit of a breakdown where your lines are just too high, you're pressing. They try to press, and they failed, not by anything that they didn't do, but credit to Club America. And all of a sudden, you got a guy running in front, right at your goal and he puts that one away. Uh so yeah, I think that might be a situation in which, uh maybe Columbus gets a draw.
Speaker 1: All right, other matchups as we roll, here we go. It is I'm gonna save Atlanta, Philly and Seattle Houston to the end. It is FC Cincinnati LAFC. FC Cincinnati at TQL minus one zero four draws a plus two eighty one. LAFC coming out off of last night at home flying to Cincinnati is a plus two point fifty.
Speaker 6: Wow. Uh huh wow, that's uh, that's.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 6: What's the goals on this one?
Speaker 1: All right? So let's see what direction we go here. So FC Cincinnati and LAFC we're gonna go over under and once again, this is courtesy of our friends in the composite at odds portal two and a half a minus one eighty three three and a half a plus one thirty six. So that's where it changes three and a half at plus one thirty six. Under three and a half is a minus one seventy five.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 13: Now, uh, if I had to do this game, because I feel like it's gonna be hard to decipher because of all the factors.
Speaker 6: The just mentioned.
Speaker 13: Because Cincinnati within themselves have being not the Cincinnati of old, I could see a two to two draw in this one.
Speaker 6: And let me say that we did pretty.
Speaker 13: Good last week on the goals differentials, and if it wasn't because Atlanta messed me up, we put it would have got in Atlanta as well.
Speaker 6: But we did pretty well.
Speaker 13: So I'm gonna go three and a half in this one. I'm gonna take the draw for a two to two between Cincinnati and LFC.
Speaker 1: All right. So we'll go two two. Draw, by the way, over at four is a plus two thirty nine. Under four is a minus three thirty five. Since you punched that number, figured we'd go there.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Messi and Friends that the erector said are going to be waiting for Charlotte to try to get out of this mess. My guess said, Charlotte's gonna fly out of Helene as soon as they can. Messi and Friends of minus one ninety two. Charlotte has only won twice I think since July fourth. So Charlotte a plus four thirty three, Your draws a plus three seventy three. New England flat out even money plus one hundred at home hosting Nashville, Nashville's a plus two fifty and your draw is a plus two sixty three. Intrigue, Give me Nashville.
Speaker 6: Man, give me Nashville.
Speaker 1: A plus two feet give me Nashville. I mean, that's those those numbers are just odd, you.
Speaker 13: Know they are odd, and that I like those numbers look allowed me to use your platform to just stuck cart of this hill.
Speaker 6: That it is not the way that you come out a defender.
Speaker 13: That's the thing between him and Aviriaga and the way he pushed them, the way he came out him, the whole thing.
Speaker 6: Caleb called it embarrassing. It was embarrassing.
Speaker 13: But Caleb, I mean, but Carlos Hill, as the face of the franchise, the best player, he cannot come out of having a reaga like that, regardless of whether he was having a terrible game or not.
Speaker 6: That's not here nor there. That's not leadership. Man.
Speaker 13: You can't come at your player like that and dog them right in front of everybody as you're walking towards the tunnel in the locker room. Keep it in the locker room. I'm doing it in front of everybody. Come on, I think that New England imploded last game. They allowed Charlotte to put four on you. That's Charlotte Baby.
Speaker 2: Four on you.
Speaker 13: So I think that in this one, with all of the bad vibes, all of the problems, Dylan Borrero suspended all the things that happen New England. I think Nashville is a good pick this week.
Speaker 1: All right, We'll go from there to Hudson River Red Bulls hosting New York City Red Bulls A plus one twelve draws A plus two sixty seven and NYCFC on the road crossing over the rivers a plus two nineteen.
Speaker 13: That's a draw, baby, that's a drawing. That's a safe draw on my regard. And again, thank you Red Bulls for ruining my Atlanta pick. That one was tough or or Atlanta uh ruined in my my pick on that one because that that looked good that that Atlanta was gonna take that game and they didn't.
Speaker 6: Uh, But yeah, I think it's gonna be a draw.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 13: New York City has been interesting, man, because they have a lot of quality players.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 13: They seem to at least have gotten the nine situations situated, but they still seem to have issues managing games in general. They played well or actually Miami didn't play well and they were able to get a drug against Miami. But I think that there are things with New York City have seed that can change in the future. But between these two teams, I think a draw is pretty safe.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think you're I think you're spot on. We're gonna save Philly in Atlanta, We're gonna save Seattle and Houston for the end. Austin hosting rs L Austin Favorite Home at Q two at A plus one thirty three RSL plus one eighty three, Chicago hosting Toronto at a minus one oh two, obviously looking at having Toronto traveling to Vancouver then having to come back and play in Chicago on the weekend. Toronto's a plus two to fifty seven draws A plus two sixty six. If the Purple team can get out of Central Florida, they're supposed to play in Dallas FC. Dallas a plus one thirty three, draws A plus two and a half, and Orlando City is a plus one ninety two. LUN's hosting Rapids at a minus one oh one, Colorado a plus two thirty four, draws A plus two to ninety one. Battle of the Interstate. I always forget what interstate it is that links Saint Louis and Kansas City. All Caps a minus one twenty five and draws a plus three thirteen. Sportings a plus two eighty three, especially with what happened in the midweek, Sporting having to play one hundred and twenty minutes in Los Angeles, having to come back, you're playing on the road in Saint Louis, taking on City sc you're adult, and then Vancouver and Portland in Cascadia. Vancouver playing at home after the midweek winning in pks minus one oh nine against Portland. The draws of plus three twelve, Portland is a plus two thirty eight and so wow, really yeah.
Speaker 6: Wow, so let me get two one.
Speaker 13: I would definitely take Portland over Vancouver in this one, although Portland was another one that could have been real good for me last week and then it ended up being a draw. But they were there, they were there. We did get the goals on that one, by the way, But I'll take Portland on this one. And I want to see the goals on a FC Dallas and Orlando City because that's gonna be an interesting one.
Speaker 6: Look, f SE Dallas is not the FC Dallas of old.
Speaker 13: I think that in the non Nicostaves era they are not just more dangerous because of.
Speaker 6: The strugg sure of the play I do.
Speaker 13: I feel that they'd be more decisive, and of course the fact that they're getting Ferreira back and Belasco back.
Speaker 6: I mean, those players are so important. You saw that last week.
Speaker 13: I think that in this one, with another team that likes to get forward in Orlando City, there could be a lot of goals.
Speaker 1: Two and a half a minus one forty three and a half a plus one seventy four. So technically it changes three to a plus one nineteen. So three and a half. If you go two two, that's a plus one seventy four. If you take the over there, what four and a half four and a half four and a half is a plus three ninety four. So if you're looking at three two or four to one plus three ninety four.
Speaker 13: Give me the four and a half. I should have taken more fours and a half last week, and I didn't. We would have hit that Portland game. We would have hit the Columbus game. So this week I was thinking, I'm gonna go more four and a halfs. That's one of them. I'll take the four and a half. Orlando and FC.
Speaker 1: Dallas, David is asking if Sheltea is the generation Adidas are a homegrown. Shelty is on his option year that was renewed in his first three year deal, and so I'm efforting to figure out if he's a GA or if he's a homegrown product.
Speaker 6: I thought he was a home grown. Yeah, I think he's I'm almost I'm almost certain that he's a homegrown.
Speaker 1: All right, So We'll go with homegrown until evidence comes otherwise about Patrick Schulte. Okay, last two matchups on the board, Atlanta at Philadelphia Philadelphia minus one forty one in the playoff Chaos in the East. Your draws a plus three thirty Atlanta's a plus three seventeen, provided that they can get out of town.
Speaker 13: What do you think that's a tougher man, Atlanta. There's been such a headache for me, and Philadelphia has has bounced back. I could see why the numbers are what they are. I know you guys probably don't want to hear it, but I think another draw in the future of Atlanta is pretty.
Speaker 6: Pretty possible. I just think Atlanta has had so many.
Speaker 13: Woes defensively and just that moments in general not taken care of that the right moments. I know it's hard sometimes to play in front of the substitute teacher that you know he's not going to be the remaining teacher, but man, it's just it's tough sometimes to watch Atlanta.
Speaker 6: So yeah, man, I'll go with the drawing.
Speaker 1: Down, all right, And so let's wrap up with yours and your matchup is one of the late games on Saturday, hosting Dynamo. Seattle's minus one twenty three draws a plus two sixty eight. Houston is a plus three thirty. What say you made you laugh to start things out?
Speaker 6: Wow, I don't know why I like that three thirty man.
Speaker 1: Look.
Speaker 13: I think a draw is probably a safer bed. I think Seattle against San Jose went back to a lot of the problems that they've had all see.
Speaker 2: And.
Speaker 13: Houston is not an easy game to be He's Houston is not an easy team to break down. Houston has some quality experience midfielders, and without Joe Pablo and the fact that he's gonna be Josh Atensio and Ovid Bargains in the midfield, which both quality players. I just think that against Orlando, you need a little bit of those dark arts. You need a little bit of that experience. Play a little shoulder here, a little elbow there. I mean not that I'm trying to, uh, you know, encourage anybody from playing the game that way, but I feel like it's just gonna be a very physical game. I think Ponce can really give Seattle some issues because of the movement that he can have in the final third.
Speaker 6: Uh So I'm over here just moving it around.
Speaker 13: I think Houston wins it, and I think they win it by the minimum, by a one zero score in in in Seattle.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 13: And I hope I'm wrong, and I hope I don't get you know, canceled over here in Seattle. But I feel like Houston is equipped to give Seattle headaches and give Jordan Morris herricks and when there is no plan B by this Sounders team, when Jordan isn't scoring, I think that this one could go to Houston.
Speaker 1: All right. So that is the rundown of everything this week and this week's version of Cliffhanger. So what is going on with you in Pulsar Sports? On the soccer bar, I know that you've got probably about a half hour to catch your breath and head toward Cup number three.
Speaker 13: I do, so we got definitely a soccer bar. We are going to be talking about a lot more into depth to compel on this cup. What happened while went right?
Speaker 6: While went wrong? I thought it was a very exciting game. I thought it was entertaining. Regardless of what both of these teams are in the standings. At the end of the day, it's a battle of two countries. They played it that way, so we're gonna go into that.
Speaker 13: We're going to have a conversation with Danny Lava, another player that has been molded here in Seattle. He came out of the academy. He's very talented, but hasn't really broken out. He hasn't really had the ability to turn himself into this player that you know, we all think he can be at some point.
Speaker 6: So check that out.
Speaker 13: That's going to be both in Soccer Bar and Pulso Sports, and then we'll be at the training grounds at Providence and Swedish Clubhouse later on today, so check that out as well at Pullso.
Speaker 1: Sports mister Schmittzer's clubhouse. As always, it's great to have you on on Thursdays, my friend. Enjoy your second cup as your head toward your third. Be safe.
Speaker 6: Thank you, I appreciate it.
Speaker 13: Oh and by the way, we will also have a really good podcast with Jeremia O Shan that we'll be recording today. I don't know why he'll drop it, but it should be should be spicy. We're gonna be looking into the Sounder season where they're at Bryan Smetzer right now.
Speaker 6: The conversation is con ends at the end of the year you keep them? Do you move on?
Speaker 1: What do you do?
Speaker 13: Are you happy where they are? So check that one out. There's gonna be a spicy little podcast.
Speaker 1: There by the all right, as always, my friend, great to see you and great to hear from you, and have everything. May everything stick to the cards, May al the interviews work out well, and we will catch up with you next week. Always, great to see you, my friend.
Speaker 6: Thank you. Bos how a good one?
Speaker 1: All right, that's a Nico. So Nico's got Nico. We're like the beginning of his busy, busiest day of the week. Literally, it's like he comes on with us. He's he's taken the he's taken the kids to school, and then he comes on with us after racing it like Dylan Dylan had. Dylan takes his daughter to school and then he hops on with us after ten o'clock when he can if he's not having to do anything with Varsity Media or anything else family related. So Dylan comes on on Wednesdays after dropping off his daughter at school. Nico takes his kids to school and then he hops on with us at seven thirty in the morning. I'm traditionally that's when you know, maybe I'm awake maybe or just I'm not because I'm not alert, I'm not maybe awake. And then he comes on with us. Then he's got sound er at heart, and he's got pulso sports, soccer bar, all those kinds of things. And then his days off and run and he goes to Providence in Swedish to go catch up with mister Schmitzer's neighborhood and see what's going on there. Okay, we got news. We will get into the news of the day before we get out of here. Tropical storm warning, by the way, has been issued for the SDH home footprint. So biggest thing as always be safe, be safe, be safe tomorrow. If we have power, we'll do a show. If we don't have power, we'll let you know out on socials that we don't have power and can't do a show scheduled. Bart's gonna join us off the top, and I'm warning him of that. So Bart's gonna join us off the top because of refing down here moments and getting into the whole p K discussion as we had in the in the timeline, getting into the whole p K discuss and Bart had some roughing down here moments that he came across from the competitions. On Wednesday, we'll talk about that. He'll bat lead off. Then if our friends from Beyond Goals Entering are in a safe place, we can catch up with them. Then we've got weekend weep around patent pending, trademark coming center. Hopefully rather than later, we'll go through the weekend and try and figure out how Atlanta United is going to get from Atlanta to Philly. Might be the day of don't know, but right now, tomorrow is when Helene, who was going to hit land they're saying now as a Cat three and not a Cat four. Thursday night is when Helene is going to make landfall. So that means that Thursday overnight Friday morning is when we are supposed to get pounded here in the SDH footprint. If we got power, will do a show and get you ready for everything. But those are our burning questions. Art's going to bat lead off. If Beyond Goals Entering can be around, then we'll catch up with him at nine point thirty if they got power, and then we can whip around. And then if Jason has power, if he's dry, if the team isn't leaving, and I would imagine that the team might be leaving earlier than normal because of the travel issues. So tonight tropical storm conditions, possible heavy rain early remaining cloudy with a shower and thunderstorm or two overnight Tomorrow am rain and wind. Saturday mostly cloudy in the highest seventy five. So and then we get into the eighties and the sixties. So this will take our the rest of our summer weather away as of the twenty first, and so we will be looking at everything going on tomorrow. Like I said, if we got power, we're doing a show that's the rundown for tomorrow. And thank you, by the way, Wiley, thank you for making reminding me us the I seventy series, because I sure as hell couldn't remember it. Okay, Hi to everybody. We got news, gossip, beruomer and in you. I don't want to watch today before we get out of here. Morning, Alex Morning, Pars, Morning, Michael morning, Bart Let's see morning Badger Badger's and Madison and UH hopes that we're all dry powered and healthy dry no powered, yes, healthy hopefully so from person to person, Uh we had Mobarak al kooriny come in this morning and we said hello to Mubarak. Let's see so uh yeah, and Badger, I'm sure it costspo Can a lot to fly there for the match on Saturday, no doubt about it. And so morning Tom Morning, Michael, Morning four card and I thought there was supposed to be a common Ball Conker CAF super Copa. I thought there was. We will create one in the lottery, will create one Labertador's Champ Triple C, Champs Souit Americana and the League's Cup winner. That'd be tremendous. By the way, habit at Mercedes Been Stadium eighty thousand each time out Morning David, David's like I can only hope as a fan of another Eastern Conference team that has them, starts treating the Crew like his other properties, like the Browns, although we refer to them as the clowns and royally screws this up soon. And yet David, I think that he's a homegrown Morning Wilie. And that's so thanks to everybody who chimed in in the twitch pitch this morning, and thanks to everybody who's always a part of the twitch pitch. Okay, Gossip Rumer and Nuendo what to watch, and then we'll get into the news of the morning and just kind of give you bullet points as to what to look at for the remainder of the day when it comes to news and matches and things like that. Okay, here's your gossip. Liverpool ready to move for Real Madrid's Rodrigo if Salah leaves Anfield at the end of the year. Everton's perspective, new owners, the Freedkin Group want to bring in Medizicio Sadi as their new manager. We'll ask Nick about that. You've hoping to extend the contract of Dusan Vlahovitch until twenty eight or twenty nine, although negotiations reported to be the standstill. Lahovich has been recently linked to Arsenal. Manchester United remain interested in Jared Branthwaite will make another attempt to try to sign him as he will be a cap defender in twenty five. Lever Cusan's right back Jeremy Frempong high on Liverpool's list to replace Trent Alexander Arnold if he leaves the club. Chelsea targeting Arbi Leipzig center back Castello Lukeba as they want to sign the best young players remember their B side one four hundred million dollar B team one in the Gummy Bear Cup. The other day lever Cusans Victor Boniface is on Chelsea shortlist for a new striker. Barcelona see Porto's Diego Costa as a long term option for Andre ter Stagan. But when folks come out of retirement, you're going to sign him. And so that's what happened, a short retirement for keepers to go and be a part of the Barcelona project to help out after the mark Andre chter Stagan injury. You can sign to eighty percent since the windows closed, eighty percent of that value and so you end up with a retirement fix for Barcelona. Woyzeck Chesney has made his way into the coffers for Barthcelona. Stay safe this We're going to quote cowboy gilt. Keep your pants and your powder dry, yes, sir, no doubt about it. Manchester United want to free up space and could let Christian eriksend In Casamiro leave in January. In twenty twenty, Manchester United offered one hundred million euro to Barsa for Ansufati and he's now twenty one. Spent last season on Old Brighton Brighton liked him, but I think the price tag was too high to keep him Lever Cusan's seventeen year old German midfielder Francis on Yaka being scotted by Chelsea. Hell, everybody's being scotted by Chelsea. Who are we kidding? Newcastle beaten Real Madrid Byron Munickbrusha Dortmann to secure the services of Dinomo Tiblisi's seventeen year old George and Ford Tong Salia, so keep an eye on that. Europa League is kicking off at twelve forty five, so keep an eye on all of that. Let's see Arsenal beat Bolton yesterday five to one, and apparently a giant stadium in Malaysia that hosted Chelsea and Spurs was being demolished. The video is now out at The Telegraph, exclusive from our friends at the Telegraph. The top clubs are fearing bills running into the millions for the Premier League legal battles. Clubs are worried and this is Sam Wallace, John Percy Ben rumsby three authors in this one. Clubs worried multiple cases with Eyewater and costs including charges against Manchester City, will reduce their share of funding. Premier League clubs are concerned the legal bill for all the leagues' high profile cases will run into multiple millions of pounds reduce the club's share of central funds from the broadcast and commercial deals. Twenty clubs meet today Premier League Commission hearing over the City's charges ongoing in a now imminent on a separate arbitration with the same club cases pursued on breaches of financial controls with Everton, Forced and Lester, including appeals. Recently published account of the appeal by the Premier League over its cost award in the Everton case for a breach of PSR caused concern among the clubs. In submissions to the Commission, the club's General counsel Cilia Rooney described as eyewatering some of the rates paid by the Premier League for its legal cost. Premier League regards the spending on fighting legal cases as fundamental both to enforce rules and also to defend itself against legal challenges. Costs are paid out of the central Premier League funds, which means all the clubs bear them equally. In the City case alone, which still has and this is the tribunal that was supposed to be held in secret, not the arbitration that apparently is going to be discussed and revealed to the other clubs today at the meeting. The City case alone Premier League is instructed to King's Councils and thank you for letting me know what casey is from Blackstone Chambers as well as well as Jason Popjoy of the same chambers who led the league's Everton Costs a peel case. Premier League is up against a very well resourced legal team on the club side, including City, who are led by Lord Panic King's Council Arbitration. We said the arbitration case is set and that's separate, and that was rules of governance and fair market value. So everyone is staring at the costs and getting to have to share the costs of the legal case against Manchester City and probably the lower revenue teams are kind of freaking out about that. So yeah, Chesney signs in Barcelona after being retired for I think a full nine weeks, So you've got he had got all that going for you, which is nice. Checking the Guardian, We'll check the Times and see what else is going on. Oh yes, yes, yes, yes, this is breaking news. So I've got to find the sounder and find it relatively quickly here branding, looping and bringing. Remember the bite we were talking about in the lower divisions in England, we have an advancement of that. Preston's Million ten Osmayitch has been charged by the FA with biting Blackburn's Owen Beck. The Montenegrin international has until Monday to respond. He could face a lengthy ban after the incident. Preston North End striker millionten Osmic has been charged with biting alleged to a bitt and Owen Beck sent off for kicking out at Dwayne Holmes. In the same incident late in the game at Deepdale, Beck, who's on loan at Ewood from Liverpool, was dismissed for a swipe at Holmes after a foul on his miag, who then got to his feet, grabbed Beck, charging him away with his head pressed into the back. Blackburn manager John Eustace said after the match that Beck has got a big bite mark on the back of his neck. He's shown all the lads he's a bit quiet, he's a little bit shook up. Bad tempered match also included Preston Sam Greenwood being sent off for a lunge at Lewis Baker. So the f A has now charged at milliontons miche from Preston, North End for trying to take a chunk out of owen Beck. Yeah, David, three year olds down here those my and the photo is there in the article where you see Osmaic. It's like, why why are you biting? Seriously, why are you biting somebody? Legitimately, I have no idea. So yeah, pressed to press millionton is myag. The let me, I'll give you the article from I'll give you the link to the article from our friends at the Guardian, and it's got the picture looking at Osmaich. It's the camera, the still camera is behind looking at his miag and literally it looks like he's trying to take a chunk out of his C three, out of owen Beck's C three. That's the I mean, that's the money photo. But then you're gonna go to that photographer and sit there and go, okay, I need to see your entire sequence and oh, he didn't bite him, he didn't make full contact. But then you have the eyewitness testimony that yes he did, and so you got all that, but million totos mich is facing a lengthy band He has until Monday to appeal. What's what's going on with the incident involving Preston, North End and Blackburn? This I thought was kind of intriguing by Rob Davies at the Guardian. Half of the Premier League clubs are breaking the code on gambling ads for children. Review the gambling regulation find clubs advertising gambling on pages aimed at or featuring minors. Half of the Premier League football clubs have advertised gambling on web pages aimed at or featuring you eighteens, prompting concerned about a voluntary code of conduct drawn up with the help of the betting industry. Premier clubs remember they volunteered to forego front of shirt betting logos from twenty twenty six, signed up to new rules for sponsorship drafted in collaboration with the Betting and Gaming Council. Half of excuse me, half of the clubs do not appear to be abiding by their own code. As of Monday, at least two clubs displayed members of their U eighteen squad wearing shirts with betting logos on despite being underage. Findings prompted concern from campaigners, including Clive Tildesley and Ian Duncan Smith, who's a conservative leader about allowing clubs to set their own rules on gambling. Sponsorships. Brentford and Wolves included betting logos at the bottom of the kids sections of their online merchandise shop. Everton's website of page caring news about the club's junior fans forum for children aged eleven to seventeen link to the company sponsor state dot com, as it did their underage page. And so there's a big, big article from Rob Davies at The Guardian about all the clubs and how you can click on things and you can see how how you end up with betting and names of betting folks on jerseys in the U eighteens. We'll get into scores and let you know what's going on with Europa League and all the other stuff that's happening. In just a little bit. One more stot. Let me get to the Independent. Let me see if there's anything from Miguel Delaney. Yeah, apparently low Paateggy hurt himself yesterday and it was in the match. He was a little slow getting to the press conference because apparently he like pulled a muscle or something, and it is a rough It is a rough start for low Pateggy fourteenth. He needed an injury time equalizer and to get a point against Fulham and apparently Low patag like pulled a muscle or something. So he was a little late getting to his press conference because he pulled a muscle. And so he's going to be going through all of the uh uh, all of the rehab that his players do. And yeah, rough day for the Hammers. Everyone at west Ham got hurt yesterday, no doubt, Luke Baker at the Independent. The man found guilty of racially abusing Venetius Junior was given a suspended prison sentence by a Spanish court. Real Madrid article Real Madrid released an official statement revealing the unnamed mail found guilty by a magistrates court in Palma de Majorca of directing racist insults at Venetius Junior for at the match of Majorca Real Madrid and on back on February fifth, over a year and a half ago. It took a year and a half to get to this point. The accused was guilty of two crimes against moral integrity, aggravated by having acted with racist motives. Towards the Brazilian winger and also against then Via Rail player Samachuques, who suffered similar insults at the Majorca Sonmi Stadium by the same person two weeks later during Majorca and Real Madrid supporters could be heard in the video calling Veneti's junior a monkey. Statement confirmed the judge sentence demand to twelve months in prison jail sentence suspended on the condition that he apologizes and shows his remorse with a letter to Venetia's junior and participates in an equal treatment and anti discrimination program. It's also been banned from football stadiums holding La Liga or RFEF matches, meaning the national team for a period of three years. Real Madrid's statement quote this is the third criminal conviction handed down in recent months for racist insults received by Real Madrid players. Real Madrid will keep working to protect the club's values and eradicate any racist behavior in the world of football and sport end quote. A miner who racially insulted Raal midfielder early in Chomeni in April of this year through water bottles at him has also apologized and shown repentance. The youth has been banned from stadiums for a year, will take part in educational activities proposed by the prosecutor's office, paying a fine of seventh th thousand and one Euro four thousand for the insults, three thousand and one for throwing objects. Okay for the kid, all right, fine for the adult suspended sentence three years away. It ain't long enough. He needs to be banned for life and for doing this kind of stuff because you never know who you're going to be around. You never know who you're going to influence, and the best influence you can have is being outside the building yelling at the top of your lungs where no one can hear you or see you except for security cameras. Needs to be a lifetime ban. I'm sorry, I have zero patients for stupidity down here. This qualifies also for the legal system for doing a year and a half to get to this point of this case. Year and a half. Took a year and a half to get here. What are you doing? What are you doing? Apparently not much? Banned from LaLiga and RFF national team matches for three years. Whoop be doue. That'll learn him. And the point that we always make in these situations. Four Cards says, the best influence is no influence. What always gets me in this case is that you think that the that the legal system is going to you know that is the legal system is going to behave here, You're you're going to to go and I mean there are times when you you run out of words, but it's the same words over and over again. And I know that there are times when we do deal with a lot of stupidity down here where it's like why do we say what we say? Why don't we because no one's gonna listen. You know, you never know that the biggest thing in stupid down here is to continue to shine the sunlight as best we can on this kind of stupidity so everyone knows what's going on. It rubs off, and we continue to go with our best feet forward to try to stop stupidity down here. I guess we reset the clock now, and you know, to reset the clock having to do with the Venetia's junior case, I mean a year and a half, a year and a half and this individual, I'm fairly certain has excuse me, continue to go to matches, continue to sit in the stands, whether it's national team stuff, or if it's home team stuff for the gentleman's beloved majorca who has he been rubbing off on in the year and a half since the incident with Venetius Junior? And yeah, oh, by the way, you need to apologize, apologize, write a nice letter, write a letter. Two crimes against moral integrity, jail sentence suspended on the condition he apologizes, shows his remorse in a letter to Vinacius Junior. I'm sorry. I'm writing a letter. I'm sorry Veniji's Junior for all the harm that I've caused. How much good has that done in the past. I don't know. For me, I'd probably read it and then set it on fire in the driveway. Probably be a better show equal treatment and anti discrimination program. I hope that that works for this individual. I hope that what's going on with the young the young the young fan works just as well. I hope you you learn the lessons going forward. I think the younger fan probably has a bigger window to do that than the older gentleman. Two crimes against moral and integrity aggravated with having acted with racist motives. Took you a year and a half to decide that. I mean legitimately, there probably should be just a different kind of a sport court maybe, I mean literally, it's just a thought. I mean, and I admit that I'm you know, I'm partial to the legal system having wheels that don't grind, especially with stuff like this that is apparently a slam dunk. You would think that the legal system is a slam dunk in this case. Four card. The apology needs to be in person, face to face, and replayed all over. I agree needs to be in person. I mean, fine, you bring the security team from Real Madrid, you have them around, literally and do it out in front of the Bernabeux. I mean literally that you go in front of the Burna Bayou not in MAJORCA. No, it's not a home game apology. No, you've got to go to him. You've got to go to You've got to go to Venetians Junior in front of that stadium. You're not wearing any of your MAJORCA gear, David, I'd love that one free slap. You know, maybe maybe Venetian's Junior gets a free dressing down. If he doesn't want to do the free slap, he just gets to yell at him and do a rant about how stupid. He is the individual. Venetians Junior gets one dressing down in whatever form he wishes. How about that, Venetian's junior. The guy's supposed to apologize in a written letter. Nope, got to be in person. I agree, it has to be in person. On the ground at the Burna Bayou. Yes, you can have security forces there and do whatever you need to do. Have a circle around both of the guys, and it's almost like an Oklahoma drill. You do Oklahoma drill apologies. Guy walks up, says his apology. Player he's apologizing to gets a free repercussion, gets a free shot. So it's like it literally, it's like an Oklahoma drill apology. That's what we're creating here today. Once again, we're fixing things here at SDH. You get to do your apology in an Oklahoma drill. Set up security or whatever's behind everybody. You've got a circle. Dude comes forward with his apology and he doesn't read what's on the paper because then you're just your head's down and you're just looking at it. No eye contact face to face. I want eye contact because then that way you can see how sincere the individual is. It is Solutions Thursday for card. Damn it, you're right. Dude goes to He can't do it at MAJORCA. He's got to go to He's got to go to the Burna Bayu. Venetians Junior comes out of the Burna Bayu, Oklahoma drill. There's a group of folks around. The apology cannot be read. It has to be in person, face to face, speak your mind. Venetia's Junior gets a free shot to speak his own mind. When Venetia's Junior gets his opportunity, everyone in the Oklahoma drill turns around, so it's just Venetius and the dude. Venetius gets to do what he wants. Does he want to dress him down? Does he want to f bomb him? Sure? Does he want a free shot? Turn the security cameras off? Maybe? But no, I think at the very least everybody in the Oklahoma drill turns around, Venetia's Junior gets to yell at him and say whatever he wants to say, all of it off the record. But two counts a year and a half to get to this point, and it's an apology in classes. I want to know who this guy's rubbed off against. In this year and a half. Who else at MAJORCA when this guy has gone to home games? What else has he said? And to whom has he said it? And it's situations like this where it reminds me of high school. You get in trouble in high school and you go to the principal's office. Principal tells you you know, and you bring in your parents are forced to come, and you're all sitting in the principal's office. Principal says you you know you did this, this, this, this and this. Then you sit there and you tuck your head, and your parents are there, and you're gonna sit there and say you know, yes or yes or yes sir. And then what's the first thing you do once the punishment has been administered? You know, you're in detention for like a month after school. The teacher loves that in the first place. Whatever teacher is stuck with detention duty, they love being in that room for a month. Yeah, it's your turn. What's the first thing that the kid does who gets in trouble has the meeting with the principal and the parents are there. First chance you get when you're back out and you're having lunch with your buddies. What do you do and you're giggling your ass off. Yeah, I met with the principal. Yeah. Yeah, the principal said, yeah, I gotta do this, and I said it, I've wrote a letter. I wrote on the chalkboard a hundred times, like Bart Simpson, No, that's the first thing that happens. Literally, you go back to your buddies at the lunch table and you're giggling your ass off. Yeah, I got to meet with the principle. I hae to sit there. I'm not going to do any of that stuff. Garon, damntu that that's what this guy is saying. Yeah, I've got to write a letter. I'm gonna go class. Yeah, I'm gonna go to it or I'm not. You know, he went back to his buddies. He went back to his ultra buddies, and they're like, well, what did they do? What did they say? Yeah, well I did this this, and yeah I'm supposed to do this, this, this. Yeah, I'll do it, but it won't it won't affect me. I'm not gonna change. I'm always gonna be Majorca through and through.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, you went back to your buddies at the lunch table and you're sitting there and you're talking about Yeah, there's no way. I don't. I mean, I think I think it will help the younger fan more. But the guy who is charged going and saying what he said about Venetia's junior a year and a half later, getting charged, you got to go to class, you gotta write an apology. I'm not optimistic. I wish I was more optimistic, but I don't think this impacts him. I think he goes back to the lunch table every day after class and he's like, I hope he has to pay court costs. I hope he has to pay everything associated with it and make it for the full eighteen months. Don't just did the appearance day in court where you gotta pay like fifty bus and court fees and it's like three hundred and forty bucks. No, all the investigating I would want this court to sit there and think of every line item that they had to do to research his case, all the man hours mark him down. But I do not see after class and writing a letter that it's gonna make a difference for this guy and the fact that he's banned for three years. How are you gonna track that he could go Bobby Valentine, Mets manager wearing a mustache and glasses unless you use that facial technology that James Dolan has at Madison Square Garden. How are you gonna sit there and make sure that this dude doesn't go to matches? Seriously, how are you gonna You're gonna put up You're gonna put his picture at every gate at the stadiums in Majorca and everywhere in La Liga, and every place in the state, in the country, and for international matches, here's you, here's the guy. If he walks up, don't let him in. It'd be like Days of Our Lives. That's you know, that's that's not Drake Romorray. That's Hans Romory, Drake's evil twin. And I don't see this working. I really don't. He's going back to the lunch table the second he's out of class, and they're gonna they're gonna giggle and they're gonna laugh about it, and nothing's gonna change. Three years is not enough, but the Oklahoma drill apology. I think Forecard I think we're onto something. David, I think we're onto something. Yeah, the Famous Streaker and Morgana. Morgana the Kissing Bandit, Famous Streaker still got it everywhere for decades. Absolutely a Streaker did, MORGANA did? And what happened MORGANA and the Streaker? They made it on damn television. And here's there's Morgana the Kissing Bandit. She's going after, you know, headlining the Independent. Pet believes that the gummy bear cup is a waste of energy.
Speaker 2: He's right.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: The vote to amend from Jamie Gardner at the Independent. Remember the market value thing we were talking about. The vote to amend those rules was withdrawn ahead of the meeting. The sources said the vote related to a small change to the league's data bank, withdrawn ahead of the club's meeting today. Sources insist the change would have only been a minor one. Reports on Thursday link the decision to pull a vote connected to the data bank, a tool used by the league's board to assess fair market value and commercial deals, to Manchester City's legal challenges. The APT reports said that it indicated a potential victory for the club and the case. However, PA News Agency understands the change would not have been a substantive one, even if it had been voted through sources coast to the meeting describing it as minor. So that rule that we all were talking about, they pulled it off the table even before they went into went in to vote on it. So you got that yay, all right, gossip Rover, and you got to do what to watch word to watch it? Good Lord John? All right, now that we've vented our spleens, see the better part of the you know the Janet Jackson Super Bowl wardrobe malfunction. Soccer on TV. We got Europa League today, I think plus soccer weather permitting, Like I said, soccer on TV, College soccer today. Men, it's all over the place. It's on Flow. You've got a lot of stuff out west starting at seven o'clock. Women's This is a women's sport day, women's soccer. Holy ish, there's a lot of women's soccer. It is a women's soccer day, and it starts literally at noon on the Plus on Flow. It is Ohio Valley. It is the the auc the one that's attached to all the school the random schools in Division one Division two that are playing that division is there. You've got fun belt you've got Colonial, You've got Ohio Valley, you've got Atlantic ten, you've got Maction, you've got a Big East. You have SEC apparently South Georgia, South Carolina and Georgia and Athens at six o'clock on the you don't buy it, keep an eye out on your favorite social media for your favorite teams in the SEC. It is SOCN, it is Big East. And like I said, I'm now in the in the evening time, so South Florida. So you're looking American Non Region, You're looking Conference USA. You're looking ACC on the ACC network Duke and Clemson that probably might get played. So it's ACC extra, ESPN plus SEC network Flow ACC with Bandy and Auburn tonight allegedly at seven thirty. Good luck on that. So ESPN plus Big ten networks got stuff in Big ten network plus. That's the colleges. It is a women's college soccer day on all of your favorite networks. Now be in.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: He've almost gone into a third hour. Being Cope, Labertadors, pay your Roll, Flamingos at six, copasit Americana, Rossi Clube, Athletico part in I NSA at eight thirty. That's on being being an Espanol simulcast. If you don't have it, get finanatees FNTZ dot co slash soccer down here helps out everybody. Europa League Malmoane Rangers at twelve forty five on CBS Sports Network, Roma and Athletic Clube at three deports ESPN Deportis simulcasting Theliga at one in three box Deportes, Theliga Mxfeminial at eleven o'clock. Tigers CRUSASU Paramount Plus has Europa League. They have two at twelve forty five and seven at three o'clock. Let's check juice boxes on that before we get out of here. Good lord, uh. Later today on the network you will have the U you'll have the USL programming USL Championship, USL League one, MLS next Pro because we're trying to beat the power outage, so odds portal with all of the activity in Europa League and everything there. So let me see and do we do it by Europe? How do we do this? Europe Champions League, Europa League. All right, So Europa League has nine matches today, two at twelve forty five, the rest at three o'clock. Fenerbach favored at home against Royal Unon Malmo. On the plus side, favorite at home against Rangers. Those are your twelve forty five I acts on the plus side, a plus one oh two favorite against bishiktas Roma at a plus one twenty three favorite against Athletic Bill Boo Braga On the minus side, big as Makabi tel Aviv comes to town at a plus five hundred Eintrach Frankfurt to minus two eighty six hosting Victoria Pilsen FCSB hosting RFS at a minus one forty five leon minus one o eight against Olympiacos Pereus at a plus two ninety Spurs hosting Carabag at a minus six twenty five. That's at three o'clock eight o'clock local time or nine o'clock local time, whatever it is. So there's plenty that is in Europa League today. Conference League doesn't start until October two and three, so they're kind of staggering out all the different competitions and seeing how it all lays out. So that's the day, and we vented our spleens and did all that stuff. Rufus just moved from Sweden to New York City. Rufus glad you're here. Traditionally we're not here this late, but we had a lot of We had guests today and we had a lot of news to get into after the guests were over, so and we vented our spleens a little bit when it came to stupidity down here. So Rufus, welcome, Glad you're here. We're here on Twitch, on the YouTube's and on the two hundred and eighty character app nine oh five Eastern Time until eleven whenever, and today's an eleven whenever because it's ten, it's ten minutes till noon. We went for a while today and I'm sorry if we went longer than everybody would have anticipated, but we had a lot of good guests, Nico Modeno joining us from Poso Sports on the Soccer bar and Torres joining us from Gold TV. That was the power hour that got us to ten, that got us to eleven o'clock. We had news early. We talked about all the matches that happened last night, and we're getting you ready for everything else in the news of the day gets you ready for tomorrow. But Rufus, thanks for dropping by first time, first time, Glad you're here. Don't be a stranger. But we're here traditionally, we're here a lot earlier in the day. I'm gonna stop talking because we're gonna be here in a little less than twenty two power permitting. Once again, remember power permitting because of Helene. Tomorrow nine oh five, Bart Keeler joining us and leading off. If our friends from beyond Goals entering have power, we'll catch up with them ten o'clock hour. We'll find out how it Landy United and Jason and Mike are leaving to get to Philly. We'll go over the games in Major League Soccer. We'll get you ready for the weekend as well. Across the board Atlanta United two MLS next pro Sunday afternoon at three here on the network. So that's how busy we freaking are around here. Five to eight inches here in the footprint involving Atlanta and Helene as she goes north the Appalachians, they're gonna get pounded eight to twelve inches a parent how it looks. But yeah, we are right in the crosshairs of Helene as she makes landfall later today and tonight. So thanks to Allie all for putting up with all of the stuff as we always do. We back out again nine oh five tomorrow, going at it, getting you ready for the weekend. And on the college football side, don't forget to listen to the review. Wilkie and I go over everything and we check out all that's going on. Are guest running the anchor, like this week Bobby Lamb, the head coach at Anderson University, as they're in their first season of play, not their first season as a program, but first season of play. Bobby Lamb built that program from scratch, and that was a fun interview. And we also catch up with their sid in a separate single coverage interview, Michael Sanders, to find out what it's like on the administration side to do something from the ground up. So that's at the OSD sports side of things, and you can catch that on YouTube as well. So I'm gonna quit talking, so everybody can go on with the rest of the day. Stay dry, stay safe, stay as dry as you can, stay as safe as you can. Hunker down, and we'll be back at it, hopefully again, power permitting tomorrow a little less then twenty two. I'm gonna take a break, get some caffeine. See what's on storage and see what's going on. But thanks again once again for dropping by. Back at it again tomorrow I'm gonna whistle us out so we can all go get some launch