Speaker 1: It's Nightside with Dan ray One bonding.
Speaker 2: As is my want as the host of Nightside, I can change my mind. And I was going to flip from this story to the Teamster's non endorsement, and we will get to that story later on today. That's a big, big political story. I will explain that. Okay, the fact that the Teamsters, for the first time since nineteen ninety six have not endorsed the Democratic presidential candidate. We'll get to that, I promise, before I get to my callers who are on the line and have held through the news, they will have priority if you'd like to join the conversation. You know the numbers. We're talking about. The death, the seemingly unnecessary, I shouldn't say, the seemingly the unnecessary death of a Massachusetts State Police trooper who while he was in training and New Braintree at their training facility, Enrique Delgado Garcia, suffered life ending injuries on Thursday afternoon. Now I want to know how could this happen in a controlled circumstance. This is not a police officer who out on the road is hit by a car. There's not a police officer who's shot by someone. This is a police officer's a controlled setting, and who dies. Stuff is a broken neck. There have been some reports of our fraction skull. Just leave it at broken neck and missing several teeth. This is not one punch that knocked him out this because look that's I know that's not possible. Okay, I'm not speculating there, but I want to know what happened as a taxpayer, as a citizen of Massachusetts. Governor Healy has said, matter of fact, she was quoted. I think it was earlier this week, cut twenty seven around this, Governor more Healey condolences for the death and she wants to find out what happened. I do too, Governor, and I want to find out. Like yesterday, this is twenty seven, cut twenty my.
Speaker 3: Heart goes out to Enrique and his family and all those two who witnessed his death. I mean, it happened at the academy, and there were a number of people there who witnessed that, and just a really hard situation and horrible and not something that you ever ever want to see.
Speaker 4: As governor and.
Speaker 3: Committed to making sure that we have a full understanding of what exactly happened and that we clearly communicate with the public on that.
Speaker 2: Now, the Worcester County District Attorney Joseph Early has said that, as far as he's concerned his office, Enrique used to work there as a victim's advocate, but he wanted to become a state police officer. His office is conflicted, which is perfectly understandable. I respect Joe Early's decision, but he said, not only should his office not investigated, but because there are state police officers assigned to every DA's office in Massachusetts, and we're the only state, the only state who only has state police officers in the District Attorney's office. Interesting, found out that fact today. Found out that fact today. Interesting. I don't know why we're the only one, but we're the only one, so Early said. Credit to him. There should be an independent investigation. I'm suggesting at Davis former police commissioner Willie Gross in Boston, any of either Bill Evans or Paul Evans who are police commissioners. Kathy O'Toole, who was a Bostonian and who headed the MBTA Police worked in the city of Boston as a superintendent, was the head of the Irish police force, the GARDA in two thousand and eight in that range, two thousand and seven, two thousand and eight, no strike that my mistake on that were like two thousand eleven, twenty ten, twenty eleven in that timeframe. I met her. I saw her when I was in Dublin at that time. She was the top cop nationwide. Because they have a small police force. It's they don't have Dublin City Police, they don't have Cork Galway City. They have there what they call the Garter. So Joe Earley said it should be outside independent investigator. That's fine, but I also think there are elements and facts that should be put on the record as soon as possible because if what happens is we forget, we forget. This is Joe Earley talking about this young man who who lost his life while under the supervision. Just wrong, just wrong, Enriquie Delgado Garcia. If it was a one punch and he went down and he had a concussion, that's a different story. This kid had a broken neck according to news reports that have been circulated and quoted in the Boston Globe, and several missing teeth. That doesn't make sense. This is da early earlier this past weekend, cut twenty eight.
Speaker 5: Reyque Delgado Gascia was loved by everyone in our office. He's a dedicated victim witness advocate who joined our office and was with us for about a year and a half before he left our office and able to fulfill the life long dream of joining the Massachusetts State Police. This is a hot breaking and tragic loss, and because of this close relationship, someone else will be handling this matter. There's no way this office can handle this. Everyone loved Enrique.
Speaker 6: I'm not looking to give it to another DA's office. I don't think that would be fair to my fellow DA's. They all have State Police detective units, they all have a chain of command. I'm looking for someone who can look at this with an independent view, who doesn't have a stake.
Speaker 7: And it's outcome.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's get back to the call. It's going to go to Lawrence in West Roxbury. Lawnce, I held you over here. I'd like to accommodate you and a few other callers. Go ahead, larns Oh.
Speaker 8: I've spent thirty years in the military and I've been in several of the defensive training exercises very much like the one they described. Mister one of two things I want to hear and the information that you're thinking. The first thing is I wanted to know why the person supervisor didn't stop within three seconds, because you had to know he didn't know how to defend himself. Second is that if the supervision was absent, I wanted to know why it was absent. Have a nice night.
Speaker 2: Well, lards, are you quicker to the point? And I agree with you? Those are some simple facts. We don't necessarily need conclusions. But I want to know what the extent of his injuries were the autops he has been done. I think the point you make is very important. Was the person who was supposed to be supervising this bout if it indeed was about no. I just wanted to be confirmed that it was a boxing match inside a ring, that it wasn't a separate altercation or something like that. We need to know this, Okay, the public needs to know this. He died unnecessarily. That's why we need to know it.
Speaker 8: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: I'm a nice night, you too, large, appreciate you call. Let me get one more in here before the break. Let me go to Tony in Los Angeles. Tony, You're next time Nights I go right.
Speaker 7: Ahead, Dan, how are you well?
Speaker 2: I'm a little wound up about this one.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I just want to say, this would not happen in Los Angeles, California. Okay, this nonsense. They're keeping the truth from us. Okay, this should not be happening. This should not happen ever, much less now and this week and how many days it's been sinton Reque passed away. This is not right, Dan, this is crazy.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for joining me on this, because what happens is we move on. We have they the folks in authority, understand that that we as a public have a short attention span and unless I visit. We talked about this Monday night, and I've talked about it again tonight. I will continue to talk about it. I want to know what happened, and there are some facts that they can share with us. The investigation has to go a lot deeper than that. They have to investigate. Was there a grudge between the fellow that was that assuming that they're telling us the truth, you know, which is always as this is an assumption here, okay, that that that it was a boxing match. It wasn't like a fight that occurred separately tell us what happened that you know of which is indisputable. They were witnesses there. Uh, and tell us what the autopsy said. What what did he die of? What was injuries? Broken neck and losing a bunch of teeth, He got headgear, you got a muffy got in. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yes, the fact is taking so many days dan is highly irreputable. It doesn't make any does not make any sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And what it does do is it it allows people to speculate. And I'm not speculating. I'm just asking for information, okay, because I don't want people speculating. I want the state police to be responsible. If there was a mistake made and if, for example, he was put in with someone who was far superior to his capabilities, and if the supervisor was distracted and whatever, you know that can happen, and in a matter of thirty seconds he suffered life ending injuries. I want to talk. I want the investigators to talk to the person who was fighting him and say, didn't you realize this guy was in trouble? I mean, what do you think this was the Olympic gold medal that you were going for. I mean, you got to you gotta deal with everybody at all. You got to You've got to deal directly, simple as that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we've got to find out now, Dan. We can't wait two more weeks or three more days. We have to know by tomorrow. Wouldn't you think.
Speaker 2: I'm with you? Tony Well said, thank you so much for you, Thank.
Speaker 7: You Dan, great show, thank.
Speaker 2: You, thank you, bank you very much. I'm heartened by the number of people who have taken the time to call. I have Ramon and Lemonster coming up, Susan and Salem, and I got room for you at six one, seven thirty. I will go on this as long as you want, okay. And if you have a police background and you want to call in and defend the fact that the state police and the Commota Massachusetts has released little information, that's fine. But the fact that little information has been released enough has been released to know that something bad happened here. This wasn't this man suffering a major heart attack at the age of twenty five. Okay, So let's get the answers, and let's get them sooner rather than later. You then do the investigation. You can do an investigation sit six months from now, but I want to know the basic facts and I think the public has a right to know the basic facts. We'll take a break. We will get later on, by the way, tomorrow night. At this time we will have back, by popular demand, Larry and Scott Rubinstein. They are the WZ car guys, and they'll answer all your questions about any car that you're thinking of buying, any car you're thinking of selling, or what you need to do to get your car ready for the winter driving season, which is going to be upon us more quickly than we realize, particularly after this weekend. Coming back on Nightside, feel free to join the conversation. My name is Dan Ray. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Now, back to Dan Ray live from the window World night Side Studios. I'm WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, let's keep rolling here. We're going to go next to Ramone and Lemonster. Ramone, Welcome to Nightside. How are you sir?
Speaker 9: Hello?
Speaker 2: Hi Ramone? Dan.
Speaker 10: Yes, the very difficult trying to get into your through your station that past uh a few days, everybody just been like there, uh, well some extense.
Speaker 2: I'm happier. I'm happier here, but I'm also happy. The phone lines are busy. Remote go right ahead, Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you got to put it, like an extra four hours just for college. I you know, this is just so unreal. What has happened? Yeah, and it seems to me when I saw the press conference that missed the Joe Early didn't want nothing to do with it. Not because of the conflict of interest, but uh, it seems to me like he didn't want to step on anybody's toes.
Speaker 2: Especially I would disagree with it. And I'll tell you why. It seems. You know, Enrique worked in that office and as a victim's advocate. And I got a sense from listening to Joe Early, and I should have had Joe Early come on tonight. I got a sense that he really cared for this man. How could you not? I mean to think that somebody goes to become a state police officer and dies, not on the job, but while being trained to become a state police officer, that's you know, I mean, we would we would feel more badly. Let me just one one second, Ramonent, I want you to respond to this. If you or I had a dog and we sent the dog away for a couple of weeks to be trained, and you know, and and and learn, you know, how to sit and lie down and you know, all of that sort of stuff. And after a couple of weeks you went to pick him up and they said, oh no, he died a couple of days ago. He said, he died. What are you talking about, you know, I mean, this is unacceptable to me. Go ahead, I interrupted you.
Speaker 10: Yes, yes, And that has happened with the dog trainer. I've heard I've heard of that before. Okay, then we go to number two. I mean, like I said, where was the supervision? And this is not the first time. Way back I heard about in the in the Coast Guard, there were similar type of things going on, like some type of hate and and so forth. And it seems like some of the old habits from the old timers they used to run the State Police is still running down the ranks. I mean, it seems like they don't want something to come out.
Speaker 8: The next thing is it.
Speaker 10: Was probably I would say this thing for the Caucasian guy. You and believe it or not, believe it or not. The way that things are today, I mean, wherever there, wherever you go, everybody has their own clique, you know, whether if it's in the State Police, whether if it's in the Maurice whether it's in the army. I mean this, this entities are not checking any background checks for you know, any type or not, not gangs, but listen, KKK is stuff like that.
Speaker 2: So I think is I would think, I would hope ramon that if somebody applied to be in the state police in Massachusetts, uh, that they would do a background check, and if that individual was in some wackle organization like the KKK or the Proud Boys or something like that, they would just say, thanks very much, but we're not interested.
Speaker 10: I mean, it's you know, they through you know, through the cracks. I mean, but look if.
Speaker 2: This guy, let's assume hypothetically that somehow this guy was was I mean, this something happened to this kid, Okay, and there were witnesses to it. This didn't happen at midnight as a fight in the barracks. This happened in the afternoon, supposedly in a training exercise in a boxing ring. Okay, let's get all of it out that we know for now, the undisputed facts, Okay, facts that can that cannot in any way perform be proven to be incorrect, and then we start from there. Then you conduct your full investigation and you find out was this someone who had a grudge against him all of this? How did this happen? That's what I want to know. And the longer we wait to get the effect, we don't know. If we're told it was in the boxing ring, but I want to see someone from official them say that on camera so we have a record of it, so they can't turn around six months from now and say, well, it really wasn't in the boxing ring because he had gone into the men's room and the floor was a little slippery and he fell down and he broke his neck and he hit his face on the sync going down, and that's how we's That's the sort of revisionist story that I don't want to be seeing three months, six months from them. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 10: Correct, correct, I mean, but even professional boxers don't get this kind of injuries, even on the octagon that they don't even they only use them little tiny gloves that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these are supposed these are supposed to the oversized gloves. Because they're oversized. It's it's almost more like a pillow fight than it is a boxing match because the force is it's diminished. It's not as if you're being hit by someone's fist. You're being hit by almost a fist wrapped in a big pillow.
Speaker 10: Also seems like they might have been maybe some type of gambling going on.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I've never heard that. What do you base that on? Ramon?
Speaker 10: But for four years I've been to your program, and what intrigued me about your program is that whenever I wanted to hear something I've seen or anything, people will call and they will discuss it with you, or they will say it through the phone line, but they wouldn't say to somebody like out on the street or face to face. As time has gone by that we have got in this president, now it's like, I mean, I've been like every other week, I mean, I call it. I've been called derogatory names, and it's like these people don't even care. They don't care that they've seen that, they that they're being racist against you. But you don't.
Speaker 2: You don't hear any of that talk on this show, at least not what I'm running.
Speaker 10: No no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 7: Not not that.
Speaker 10: But it's stuff that people wouldn't say, you know, they would come in and discuss it in there with you. I'm not necessarily saying that about racist slurts or anything like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fine because I know you don't.
Speaker 10: I know you don't stand for that. But you know what I mean, what I'm saying is things that people wouldn't you know, tell somebody out on the street or anything like that. Nowadays, it's like people don't care. They don't care, you know, and you know how it is. I mean when you especially Latino, you got a guy that's saying, oh, they are racist, they all this, they all that.
Speaker 2: I mean, what, well, here's the problem you and I. I'm up on a break for news and we're kind of getting away from the subject that he had, So Ramon, I'm gonna let you run keep calling a program. Thank you, sir, thank you, thank you very much. Okay, we got full lines. The only line that's open right now is the one Vermon left, which is six, one, seven, nine, three thirty. I think we'll carry this till eleven. I will change at eleven because I have publicized we're going to talk about the Teamsters Union's non endorsement today. As I mentioned tomorrow night, at this time, we will have Larry and Scott the WBC car guys Larry and Scott Rubinstein from ten to midnight tomorrow night. So get your car your car questions lined up back on Night's Side right after the news at the bottom of the hour.
Speaker 1: The Night Side thought with Dan Ray on WBZ Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Let's keep rolling here, going to go to Susan in Salem, Massachusetts. Susan, appreciate you taking the time to call your thoughts on the death of this young Massachusettstate Police trainee, Enrique del Gatto Garcia.
Speaker 10: Yet I'm just wondering, give me your favorite, Susan.
Speaker 2: I want to clean up your line. Rob's going to clean up your line for you here. It was tough to hear. Okay, don't lose er. We'll get Susan back here, I promise. Let me go next to Lucas in Maryland. Lucas next on NIGHTSID right ahead.
Speaker 4: Hey, thanks for taking my call. This is the second time I got to call in. I listened to you all the time on my way into work.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, Lucas, appreciate it.
Speaker 4: So what I used to do was I was in correction and stuff like that, and I used to teach at the academy nice to teach, you know, strike wrestling moves and all that kind of stuff. So you're right when you said we used bigger gloves, used twelve hos gloves. This is totally on the instructors. Before people got into the ring, you you would go through like about like a week and a half or two weeks where they were hitting bags and you could see who could really throw punches and not throw punches. So then it was your responsibility to put people that were like equally effective in the ring together. You're not going to put somebody in the ring with somebody that so much better than the other person, right, And then you're not distracted, there's no way. That's the most important thing that's going on right now is them in the ring, and if someone gets in trouble, you're jumping in immediately. So the instructor is just completely because what you're trying to do is you're trying to teach this person that they never have been punched in the face before in their lives or never throw a punch. You're trying to get them to know how to defend themselves and being in a proper thing. So that's what you're teaching the other people that they may have been in the military, they made no moves, they may have prior training. You're not teaching them to be prize fighters, you know what I mean. So this is totally on the instructor, unless, like what you're saying, it happened like in the bathroom, or there was a grudge or something going on. But if it was in the ring.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I gotta watch that, watch that. Yeah. Well here's my point, and I think you will agree with me. This happened last Thursday afternoon. Okay, you got to get to people quickly because the memories are fresh. People's memories fade over time, correct and find out, Okay, what did you see? And that's part of the investigation. But once you get to the point where there are facts that you can share with the public and you can say, look, we're not even sure. We're told it was an exercise, a defensive training exercise, that could be a lot of things. And then the news is reporting is boxing inside a ring. But it would be nice if the state police would, you know, just that has to be an indisputable fact, if they would if this, if this boxing was inside a ring, that's a fact. It's as simple as that. In terms of with the with the videotapes being done at.
Speaker 4: The time, I don't know, well, usually usually would so in Maryland, if they're in the boxing ring and stuff like that, we're videotapement, right.
Speaker 2: I'm just what I'm saying is that that could be part of the I'm not asking to see the videotape. I'm saying, but let's get it on the record so that they're not going to say, uh, six months from now, oh, we thought the video but the recorder wasn't working or something. I just get as many facts that are indisputable on the record. They don't have to be facts that lead you to a conclusion of culpability or liability. But get stuff on the record because I don't want to or something. Well, he was in the ring, but then he thought he cut his lip, so we told him to go to the men's room and put a little gauze on his lip. And guess what. When he went into men's room, he slipped and fell and he hit his his teeth hit the sink and he lost about eight teeth. And that's when we think his neck broke. It's like, wait a second, you know, I don't he told that six months from now, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I love you. I love you Dan because you let people talk. And I mean, it doesn't sound good. It just doesn't like it. It's like there was a failure to train there. It just really does. I mean, it shouldn't happen in training like that.
Speaker 7: It just shouldn't.
Speaker 2: How long did you work and I'm not doing I'm not sure if you said you were with the Maryland State Police or with one of the local agencies. How long did you work.
Speaker 4: I I've been in law enforcement for a about like twenty six years, and then I was in an academy for like, you know, like eight to ten years. And I thought, so, it just sounds like something that, you know what I mean, Like it like it's it just doesn't sound good. It just doesn't sound kosher. You're you go so over the top to make sure people don't get hurt, Like I mean, like that's the first thing that you're supervisors, Like they pull you out and they talk to you and they're like, nobody needs to get hurt, you know what I mean, Like if.
Speaker 2: Somebody, if somebody all of them thought that they were going to impress the rest of their buddies and they were going to go in there and give it then and whoop this guy. You shop the thing right away. You say, hold on here. You know you're not here to You're not here to win the heavyweight championship of the world. Take the gloves off and we'll we'll talk to you afterwards. I mean, you gotta you.
Speaker 10: Don't want to.
Speaker 2: You don't want somebody as a police officer, who if they kind of control themselves and they're going to take advantage of some weaker opponent. That's not what it's all about.
Speaker 4: You're exactly right. You're just exactly right. So there there just sounds unless something And like you said, I mean, we don't know the whole story, you know, I mean, it's not transparent it's going on, but it just sounds really really bad.
Speaker 2: I mean, and I just want them.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't let that happen.
Speaker 2: It just it just not you sound you know, convince you. But we just need we need transparency, and we need we need the facts that are indisputable. We don't need conclusions, we don't need the results of the investigation. Let the investigation take a month or however long it is, but we need facts that are indisputable. Will these injuries suffered in a ring? Ver they outside of the ring, because I don't want to be told off the record for three weeks it was in the ring and then find out no, he slipped into men's room. Wait a second, hold it. You know that's what my fear is here. Lucas, love your call to help you call more often and thank you for your nervous.
Speaker 4: Okay, thanks, appreciate, Jackie Lucas, good night.
Speaker 2: I'll get it one more in here? Why not? We can get one more in. We got Peggy in South Boston. Hey, Peggy, welcome back. How are you.
Speaker 9: Hello?
Speaker 2: Hi Peggy welcome? Who are you.
Speaker 9: About that young man I tried. I think it was terrible a bondom of what he went through, and I feel this way, whoever did that to him should be tragged the manslaughter on a stick of ahead. I mean he was no match because of their weight and everything else. Want to box and things my bobom and stuff. You have to have the same weight as the other man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't think we know enough to conclude that there's a man this is a manslaughter situation. Let's get the facts. But I don't I want to get some of the indisputable facts. I'd love to know how big was his opponent with a similar size or was the other guy six foot four and this guy was five foot seven? Yeah, that's nice, that's the match. Yeah.
Speaker 9: Oh, I just think you was a lieutenant on the state Police World War two and Solomon Island.
Speaker 2: We're having a little trouble with you. Yeah, I'm gonna let you go here, Peggy. Your phone's dropping out on a suit.
Speaker 9: You got to get at all right, you have my sentiments and God, brother young man, I felt so bad and for his talent.
Speaker 2: I agree with you. I agree with you. Thanks, Peggy, appreciate the call. By the way, if Susan and Salem can get to a better line, Susan, if you call back, I'll bump you to that the line. I always am disappointed when someone has held on for you know, ten fifteen or more like twenty minutes, and when we get there the call the cell phone has deteriorated. So if you call back, Susan, will Susan, Rob will alert me and we will get you to the head of the line. Let me get one more in here if we can, uh I and Cape ian Ian and the aptly named Cape i Ian.
Speaker 9: How are you you're a next one night side?
Speaker 11: Dan lit?
Speaker 2: Can I ask you to speaker phone?
Speaker 11: No, I'm not.
Speaker 2: Oh good, will do me a favorite. What I want you to do is take the mouthpiece of that phone and put it right near your mouth, because if it's not near your mouth like this, okay.
Speaker 12: Go ahead, okay, can you hear me now much better?
Speaker 2: But but you can probably okay, a little closer to your mouth?
Speaker 11: Go ahead, Okay, what about this?
Speaker 2: Perfect What what did you do? What adjustment did you make?
Speaker 11: My mouth is right up to the piece?
Speaker 2: Good? Okay, that's good, go right ahead.
Speaker 11: Well, I wanted to say that I listened to your program regarding and Rique the last time, and I'm I was hoping you'd revisit it, and here it is tonight and you are, and I'm so happy that they're taking up this cause and you know better, person, but you dan to do this and a lot of people are standing behind Trooper Enrique and his family and this is a heartbreak, this is an outrage, and most of the calls tonight already asked you or made statements about some of the things that I already had in mind. So I'm not going to repeat that. But the last thing I wanted to say was, and you just mentioned it in your last call, isn't there supposed to be a video of these boxing sessions so that they can be replayed for say, that could have been replayed for Rique at another later date, so that they could explain to him some of his errors and maybe he could improve on some other things. I thought that was a standard procedure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my understand I don't know for sure, but my understanding is that there should be videotapes now. Again, I don't want to find out four months from now, Oh they were the videotapes, but they got misplaced, don't Oh they got accidentally erased. You know. That's that's what I want to avoid you. And they haven't appointed at this point anybody to leave the investigation. Again, strange things can happen, particularly when the stakes are high, and the stakes.
Speaker 11: Are very high in this situation, I think I find it very suspicious, and I hope that they're not delaying the autopsy at least that for the people, for everybody, for the family, especially yeah.
Speaker 2: My assumption. My assumption is that the autopsy was probably done over the weekend. There's no reason why that should have been delayed. I mean, he was moved on Saturday to the Medical Examiner's office, so why would now there could be some results from the autopsy that took some time to you know, blood work or whatever. But let's just you know, let's get you know, it would be perfectly obvious in an autopsy. Was his neck broken? How do you get your neck broken in a boxing match?
Speaker 11: I know, did he lose charge? Who's in charge? Who's on top of the chain, who would be investigating something like this? Do we have names?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, Well, there would be a state Police officer in charge of the training facility, and then there would be people on his staff who would be members of these you know, veteran members of the state Police. But I think we don't have a lot of that. We don't have a lot of that information yet, and that's why I think.
Speaker 11: We needed Okay, Okay, thank you very much, and.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for your support and your kind words. It means a lot to me.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 11: Okay, You're welcome.
Speaker 2: Without without people like you backing me, up on a call for this. I'm just the voice in the wilderness. Number of people in the last two hours have been very critical, very critical.
Speaker 13: Yeah, well, anyway, you're doing a great job.
Speaker 11: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you much. Talk to you soon. Right, all right, we gotta we do have Susan. She's back. We're going to get Susan in right after the break, I promise. I got Laurie and Idaho, which is great as always, and I can fit one more in if you want to go and dial right now six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty back on night Side after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan ray Mine from the window World Night Sank Studios on w b Z News Radio.
Speaker 2: Back to the phone, Let's go to Susan in Salem. Susan, thanks so much for calling back. Sorry about the problem initially, Go.
Speaker 7: Right ahead, I'm here.
Speaker 14: I was just wondering, Dan, if it weren't for Enriki's friends who shared the information he did with us, would we even know this happened.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a frightening thought. I don't know who the source was on the various stories, but you're you're right. It's important, thankfully that someone actually, you know, let some information out of the back cats out of the bag I wanted from officialdom, though I don't want the official report six months from now, and there'd be some questions because people say, I thought he was in the ring. Oh oh no, No, we went to the bathroom and slipped and fell. No, you know, that's that's transparency. Governor Healy said she was going to be the most transparent administration in the history of Massachusetts. Governor, let's have some transparency. There's a new state Police colonel coming in. Let's uh, let's get, let's get, let's get. I want the facts.
Speaker 7: I want the facts right yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm with you, thanks so much, and thanks for call it back.
Speaker 14: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: Liked you, sueing, good night, Laurie. And I know, Laurie normal we have a chuckle over this, but there's nothing to chuck about here. How this, Lauria, how you doing?
Speaker 12: No, there isn't And actually what you just mentioned is kind of where I'm going on a ticket. I agree with everybody who's called tonight, and I was going to take you down a little for it, and you just mentioned it. A new new state police superior coming in, and this just This just sort of smacks of them that might have been, you know, the superiors down there, certainly not the three percent down the streets for a long time that maybe we weren't aware of. That shroud was ripped off the Karen Reid trial. Apparently they haven't seen so far, I need to change their ways. Maybe that's because there's an administration coming in, but I agree. I mean it needs to be done. And I am all with you about Eddie Davis running this thing. I think it would be great if he could dig into it and get to here.
Speaker 2: I talked with Ed Davis today, you know, and he didn't tell me anything that was off the record or anything, but I just was telling him that I wanted him to hear from me. I told him I had nominated him to be the invest the investigator in charge, because that tremendous respect for Ed Davis. And I also think that there are others who they could choose. John blotch Att, the former DA up in Essex County, would be a great guy for this, uh A former Boston police commissioner, Willie Gross. I would trust Paul Evans, Reilly Evans, Paul police commissioners. I also mentioned you know, there are there are others, there.
Speaker 15: Are, there are many, but yeah, well bring in bring in Bill Bratton from outside, Kathy O'Toole, who was, oh who?
Speaker 4: Or a team of them?
Speaker 12: I mean if if, I mean, I've been a fan of Eddie Davis, I follow him for years. So but any of those guys, I mean, anybody to just dig into this and get it straightened out.
Speaker 2: I'll bet you this story hasn't made any splash in Idaho.
Speaker 12: Correct, Yeah, you've been on that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, But I'm saying this is still. This is horrific. This is not you know, some guy who was driving home on a weekend pass and got hit by a tractor trailer.
Speaker 12: True, and it may well if it gets into a point where these people are really hiding stuff and the bad stuff doesn't come out for a long time, it probably will touch out here right now. Obviously it's too soon. It just doesn't get out here in this past. But trust me, I'll be talking about.
Speaker 9: It all right.
Speaker 2: Love the picture you sent the other day of the Yellow Jackets who have met their fate at your hands.
Speaker 12: Most stratifying purchase of six ninety nine ever in my life, But six dollars and ninety nine cents.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about that later, because everybody I think should have one of those.
Speaker 8: I think so too.
Speaker 12: I feel like sending a note to my neighbors saying you're welcome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks, Laurie talking. I'm going to get one more in here before the break. We will switch on the other side. Let me go to Christine in denhim. Christine, you'd have the final word on this one tonight. Go ahead, Christine.
Speaker 13: I just wanted to say, my hot goes out to his family. Is so wrong with's what happened. It's so sadly right.
Speaker 2: And I think we owe his family I did a gratitude. We also owe them transparency, honesty, and integrity, just like the laugh that he seemed to have lived.
Speaker 13: Would they ever be to have the FBI investigator?
Speaker 2: Uh? I don't think so. I think that that someone like Ed Davis I would trust completely. I trusted Davis more than I trust the FBI. At this point, the FBI has become a very politicized agency in my opinion. That's not to call in a question the integrity of individual FBI agents, but I just think that the you know, there for a long time, the the FBI needs to clean house in that that's a different story. That's a different story.
Speaker 13: Yeah, thanks Christine, they would need to do I wasn't sure.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much. We'll tell me soon. Okay, have a great night today. By the way, the Teams does Union chose not to endorse. It's an amazing, interesting development and it will have political implications. On November fifth, we'll talk about it on the other side of the news break at eleven. My name's Danray. Stay with us.