Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to the show. Martin Wilts your host, and we have Joshua Bertrand on this evening. I had someone suggested him who I trusted to come on this show as a guest. We're going to be talking a bit about lighter than aircraft, the possibilities. I'm going to try to have an open mind of what the tic tac ufo was in Night two thousand and four off of the San Diego Coast. A couple of things here. We have our blog this week, which I forgot to mention the other day Tuesday, and it's un the UFOs. It's so funny because I have a camera in front of the screen. I can't read this. ICEU fon and SBI by Charles Lear blogs every single week a lot on the history of it. This has to do with stamps that were made for the Green for Canada.
Speaker 2: I believe it is.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I'm sorry. This is a whole different thing. This has to do with Lee Spiegel and sorry for the rant here. This has to do with Lee Spiegel when he had the United Nations back in nineteen seventy seven discussing UFOs. It's a great blog, and sorry for getting confused on that, So check that out over at podcastufo dot com. While you're over there, there is our merchandise store. You can check that out. There's also, like I say, there's hundreds of blogs, and there's also there's a place where you can leave a phone message.
Speaker 3: With UFO siting.
Speaker 1: We also have a form you can fill out that was very active for a while where we had people filling out there UFO encounters. I'd love to see that get reactivated again because there's some great ones, even one from a commercial pilot that was excellent. So a couple of things. This next week, I'm going to be in Sedona, going to be out that way, and I'm not going to be able to do a Thursday night show next week. However, on Tuesday Night, I will have Thiago to Chetty. He'll be on and he's going to be talking about cases in Brazil for you know, the UFO encounters and injuries. So that's there's some really fascinating cases of things that happen in Brazil. And again he'll be on next Tuesday. Welcome everyone in chat and good to see everyone there. We have a duckhead. We have Bob Blazaar. Is it the real Bob Blazar. It's got to be. I mean, it can't be anyone else's that's not a very common name. Hello, Wyatt Duckhead. So hello to you all, and thanks for being here tonight. And I'm going to bring in my guests. Joshua, welcome, thank you.
Speaker 2: Nice to be here with you, Martin and nice.
Speaker 1: Nice to have you on. And so I guess I'm going to ask you what is your background first of all, and what got you interested in looking at this topic. I'm going to say the UFO topic, because that's basically a lot of what we're going to be talking about tonight.
Speaker 2: Sure, my background, I'm a Bachelor of Mathematics from the University of Waterloo in two thousand and four. I spent twenty years working in industry as a database specialist for writers, the news agency, Electronic Arts, the video games company, SAP, the large Databases company, and I retired about a decade ago. In my retirement, I've been a fan of aerospace and air agel's and I started looking into the crossover of these technologies with the UAP phenomenon also a long term interest of mine. As you can see, my rooms sort of filled with a bunch of Star Wars lego. My interests in the topic Okay, fairly obvious, but I like to approach it looking at the technical aspects of our real craft programs. Some of them may have been dark for decades, but from what I've proven over the last decade, some of these programs get funded and have research and progress of prototypes happening at contractors and are outside the knowledge of general service members of the military, potentially leading to conflicts of misunderstandings I see.
Speaker 1: I had the pleasure of having Dave marl Rama show a couple of days ago Tuesday, and I mentioned him that I'm reading a book, Mysteries in the Sky in nineteen sixty eight, and it starts right out with the airship phenomenon eighteen ninety seven, eighteen ninety six, eighteen ninety seven.
Speaker 3: Fascinating.
Speaker 1: It's really fascinating to read the details. I never really looked into it deeply, and.
Speaker 3: So I'm really enjoying that book.
Speaker 1: And does any part I mean, eighteen ninety six, eighteen ninety seven, what do we have going on then? Were? I mean, there were people talking about these lights, and there were some things that, you know, really really bright lights. Sometimes people mentioned that they heard like a noise of some kind. But I'm trying to think of what would be powering something at that time. I mean, what do we have?
Speaker 2: Sure? So eighteen ninety seven you have the Aurora Texas UAP crash, which was attributed as potential airship design, and in eighteen ninety seven and you actually have airships in development in Europe and in North America. Airship history goes back as far as the sixteen hundreds. There was an airship named the Pasarola by Bartelmeo de Guzmau. In five hundred years. We seem to have been doing a lot of evolution of this technology. The Montgaulfier brothers in France in the eighteen hundreds are also doing ballooning. A man named Daniluski in Ukraine is doing a human powered air bike where a giant bag of lifting gas and a bike turning a motor behind it are flying around in the skies of Ukraine in eighteen ninety seven. So we certainly have the technology to mimic the craft that are seen. The question is, because that technology is so knew, was it indeed shocking an alien to the people that were encountering these not knowing that they had human developed craft that were similar at the same time.
Speaker 1: I brought this up recently on a show that I had, and this is the Simeon Perkins memo that talks basically about airships in seventeen ninety six. I mean, so that would that's a real crazy case. I don't know if you've ever heard about it, but I mean there are just a sample of a lot of things of people talking about, you know, and I understand, Yes, I know they had like a hot air type balloon situation pretty early on. I think it was even in I think China might have been the first country that actually held a hot to air balloon. Am I wrong?
Speaker 3: Like in the thirteenth century.
Speaker 2: Well, there's actually a theory going around right now that, if you know, the Nasca lines in Peu are some of those nascaline sites, they have found bags of animal skins and what they suspect is that a spotter was sent up in a hot air animal skinned balloon, and that the way the precise nascaline geometries were etched out was that they had a spotter up above them hundreds of years before that. They've found some evidence of this. I haven't looked into it too deeply because it's not specifically my interest, but I have heard the the beginnings of that research branch.
Speaker 1: Wow, pretty amazing, pretty amazing. So I guess I don't want to jump right to the tic TAC because I do I would do want to get there eventually, And I'm not really sure if I'm going to agree with you about that, but I want to be open minded and hear about that. But until then, let's go in to what you have seen in the evolution of these you know, these basically lighter than aircraft. I think that's what you people call them, correct, Yep, Yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: A good description of them. So if we have the eighteen ninety seven cases that we were just talking about, coming out of that, the US Army maintains an interest. So before eighteen ninety seven, the US Army had been using lighter than aircraft in the form of balloons, similar to this hypothetical NASCA spotter. The US in the Civil War would send spotters up in balloons to conduct reconnaissance on their enemies. By nineteen oh five, that has evolved to a powered blimp called the Gelatine, which the US Army produces and it does the first powered flight across the Columbia River Gorge. So it leaves from Portland, Oregon, travels across the Columbia River Gorge and successfully lands in Vancouver, Washington. So from there, two years later you have this massive six hundred foot long prototype by a man named Morrel and in San Francisco they fill up this six hundred foot long blimp with coal gas from the city's natural gas lines and it has I think three engines on it with three motors, and they try to do this test and the whole thing gets loose and eventually crashes down. But you can see that even at the start of the previous century, we're experimenting with things that are leading into the large airships, the Goodyear blimps that we see today, and the reconnaissance craft that the US government has that are a bit more secret than the Goodyear blimp.
Speaker 1: And you know, during the Civil War you mentioned that, and I remember reading about that and how they had to fill how they had to fill that, and it was so dangerous. A lot of them, you know, people blew up and burned and and I can't remember what it is that they were able to they had some type of machine they were able to pump it full of do you know what I'm thinking it.
Speaker 2: Was hydrogen gas at the time.
Speaker 3: Hydrogen And how could they do that back then?
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't understand what type of.
Speaker 2: Living through chemistry? Yeah, yeah, amazing, produce the gas on site from chemicals, fill it into a balloon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that was a tethered balloon.
Speaker 1: It used to go up and they used to just you know, which was really brilliant, you know, especially if they could do it at night, not make any noise and you know all that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they would send the guy up, pull him down to get a report, or they could actually yell between the person on the ground and the person up in the pollon.
Speaker 1: Yeah. For years I had a couple of menus from the Hindenberg and that was pretty cool to have that, but just as a collector. But that's you know, one that everyone remembers when it.
Speaker 2: The Hindenburg definitely leaves an impression in people's minds and shows why we for a century tended to use helium instead of hydrogen as our main lifting guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and is there it's just a limited resource.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So one of the issues that is being thought of these days is we've used helium for about a century in our lighter than aircraft, and we've used it to staggering extents. Recently, the US military had sixty nine lighter than air aristots created to provide reconnaissance craft for the Afghanistan War. And in each of those craft, you're filling it with a couple hundred thousand liters of helium, and when you when you need to bring the craft back down, you either winch it down or you vent that helium to the atmosphere. And if you're ever moving the craft from a single site to another site, you have to vent that helium. And it's rather difficult to recover when it ends up in the atmosphere because it's lighter than the typical concentrations of gas in our atmosphere. Helium rises to the top and hangs out in your space, so it's really hard to recover that way. The way that we get new helium these days is by fractionally distilling it from natural gas. So when the government is deciding that it's okay to pump natural gas, you can siphon some amount of helium off from that pumping station. The issue with that is eventually that's going to run out. If we keep putting hundreds of thousands or even sometimes millions of leaders of helium in these aerostats and blimps and venting it out into the atmosphere, eventually our use is going to outstrip our production. And because of that, people have been thinking about.
Speaker 1: How to.
Speaker 2: Replace these lighter than air reconnaissance craft once helium is a more scarce resource. Now we could go back to the dangerous hydrogen of the Hindenburg and the Civil War era balloons, but again that's quite dangerous, as the Hindenburg spectacularly showed. So one of the things that the National Labs have been doing at Los Alamo's National Lab is working on what's known as a vacuum balloon, and a vacuum balloon has been theorized all the way back to Aristotle. His concept of horror vacuue is well sort of basically described as what's lighter than hydrogen nothing, And so if you have the absence of a gas, it's actually lighter than if you have just basic atmosphere that you and I are breathing in. So if you're able to contain a vacuum within a solid shell, that craft itself would be lighter than the air around it and would have lift on its own. So the way that they've attempted to do this is by crafting the shell of these vacuum craft out of a material known as aerogel. And the unique properties of aerogel allow it to both resist the crushing pressure of the outer atmosphere attempting to get into that vacuum on the inside of the craft, and it also prevents the atmosphere from traveling through the shell and penetrating and diffusing into the vacuum on the inside.
Speaker 1: So as material, yeah, can you explain what that is?
Speaker 3: And is it.
Speaker 1: Something that is a compound and alloy? What is it? Exactly?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: Air agels are a material that goes back to nineteen thirty one. A man named Samuel Stephens Kissler first synthesized this material and wrote a paper in Nature magazine. In it he describes I think eleven different types of aerogel that he's synthesized, and how he does that is by taking gel like jello or gelatine, and if you remove all of the water from that gel, you're left with just the solids that would make it up for gello that's mostly like gelatine itself, like the airship from nineteen oh five was named. But if you make this gelatine out of different materials, like out of a silica or out of an alumina, what you're left with is the skeletal structure of that silica or alumina. And as you've removed this water, it's created a fine network of pores in the material. So the skeleton and the pores mean that the material is extremely lightweight after the removal of the liquids. So essentially you have a gelatin that has all of its liquid removed. That's what an aerogel is.
Speaker 3: And is it the strength of it? What would you compare it to.
Speaker 2: So each of the different materials that you can make an aerogel out of lens the final result in aerogel different properties, as well as the manufacturer manufacturing process of the aerogel itself. So if you have the typical blue silica aerogel, it's usually rather brittle as as it's pretty much just silica. There are some stronger variants of silica meta materials. L I nine hundred was manufactured by lockeed. They used it as a re entry tile on the Space Shuttle. But some aerogels aren't made of silica. Some are made of polyimides and aluminas, and these can be much more structurally rigid than the traditional blue silica aer agels. So they well have innovated a new process called air LOI, which is you take this skeleton of aerogel that's resulted by removing the liquids, and then you coat this skeleton with a polymer and that adds a structural rigid d to the material by binding it all together while still maintaining the porous structure that gives it its lightweight.
Speaker 1: So it has when you say it has a poor structure, I can't understand how it can. You can create a vacuum withinside a chamber.
Speaker 3: How does that?
Speaker 1: How does that work?
Speaker 2: Sure? So these pores are extremely small, we're talking on the nanoscale, pores, not not not large. So because the pores are so small, the mean free path for an atom of air or a molecule of our atmosphere won't be able to travel through that network of pores. The it bounces essentially off of the walls of the pores. And sort of gets trapped, so it'll never make it through the material itself if attempts to get into one of these pores. Because the size of the connectivity between the pores is so small, the essentially molecules of the atmosphere get trapped in this maze of porosity.
Speaker 1: I got it. And it's just so this is something I can't really understand how this was created and all that, but I mean it's just something that they can use, like nano. I can't forget what it was. But there's some type of like this weave that's really thin but very strong. Is that anything to do with it or can it be coated with something like that to make it?
Speaker 2: Are you talking about graphene?
Speaker 1: Yeah, graphine, that's it. Yes, Yeah.
Speaker 2: So one of the interesting aerogels is actually called aero graphene, and it is an aerogel that is made out of graphene. So you make a gel of graphene and a liquid, and you remove the liquid from this gel in a supercritical drying process, and what you're left with is a skeleton of interconnected graphine molecules called aerographine, and it has the same properties as some of the other aerogels, but the aerographine is also conductive because of the properties of graphene.
Speaker 1: Okay, we should say this to the listener. We're talking now about things since basically nineteen thirty, since this was invented, and you know, going forward. But let's talk about I know you have given me some graphics that I can pull up, but let's talk about the evolution of what we know.
Speaker 3: I know that is in one of these I think, is it here?
Speaker 1: Is that it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sure, that's a good graphic to start with.
Speaker 3: Okay, So.
Speaker 2: If you start over there at the left hand side at eighteen fifty, there is, as we've already discussed, predecessor airships. But as you go through this development from eighteen fifty to nineteen sixty, you can see the rapid technological process or progress that is being made. We start with a simple Giffard blimp, fairly low level flying in the atmosphere, and it progresses through these decades to getting the Hindenburg, the Akron, and the Macon, which were used by the US Navy.
Speaker 3: There was a.
Speaker 2: Staggering amount of progress made through the first half of the nineteen hundreds, and in nineteen sixty all of this progress seemingly stops. At the time. You have the US's Project Genetrix and Project Mogul, Project Skyhook, a bunch of balloon programs that are happening in secret because their intention is to conduct reconnaissance on the Soviet Union. So even if you were in the US Army at a base where these Project Mogul balloons are being launched from in the nineteen fifties, you would not know of their existence because they are being held as a closely held secret project. So this did result in some unfortunate encounters. I think there was a man named B. C. Moore, he was involved with Project Mogul. On his own obituary, he claims that one of the Project Mogul balloons that he launched was what crashed at Roswell, And of course there is going to be a lot of of a lot of pushback on that. But during the research of these programs, I found that man's obituary and he claims a very specific balloon and provides timings for it which do match up with the Roswell incident.
Speaker 1: Well, there would be a lot of questions when it comes to that, like, for instance, why if it was made of normal materials which it was, and it crashed from the ground. Why would it be such a secret? Why would they scan every single inch of the property where it supposedly was, and why would there be so many people involved and then flown to another air base and all that. I mean, there's a lot of there's a lot of moving parts that would have to be addressed if that was just the mogul. Sure so, yeah, And why would they Why would the Army Air Force claim that they captured a disc in the first place? You know?
Speaker 2: Sure? So. The balloon itself is made out of a fairly typical plastic at the time, But the sensor tether that is below the balloon, the image that you just showed, the sensors and the battery technology that is powering those sensors would be what is considered the top secret part of that mogul mission. Those were not widely known at the time. As you can see, they don't look like a balloon and they don't look like any kind of aircraft that would be expected to be in our skies at the time. So when that comes down surrounded by a bunch of lightweight metallized plastic, it could have been mistaken by the ranchers, who would have known nothing of Project Mogul, or balloons or sensor tethers or experimental batteries that are powering them. The reason that they recovered it and the reason that it was sent back to Wright Patterson Air Base. We can see in documentation from nineteen fifty six that Wright Patterson Air Base, Redstone Arsenal, and Los Alamos National Labs are designated as the three primary contacts for helium, hydrogen and aerogels research. So the three lighter than air technologies are all concentrated at Redstone Arsenal, Wright Patterson Air Base, and Los Alamos National Labs as far back as nineteen fifty six in AEC documentation. And AEC is the predecessor of the modern Department of Energy.
Speaker 1: Oh really, okay, I didn't know that. So are you? Basically on the school of that this was Roswell the Mogul, And that's explained.
Speaker 2: I am the man's obituary, as well as the fact that the material was sent back to Right Patterson, which if you look at Right Patterson, this went to hangars, which is where you develop later than air airships. We found that it is designated as the place for this research to be going on. So if there was a crash recovery of even a Mogul balloon, it would go back to right Patterson or Redstone, Arsenal or Los Almos. So it did line up with the facts to me, and as we have seen suggested by a recent New York Times article, even in modern days, the military does like to use UAP's UFOs and the suggestion of aliens as cover for real projects. So I believe that this has been going on as far back as Roswell.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, I just think there's too many things too. I personally disagree with you, and that's the end of the show. Good night. No, just.
Speaker 2: No, I've had that response before.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I don't think we should waste a lot of time, and that I understand. You know, that is interesting what you're saying about this obituary, because I have heard the story about the Mogul before, but from what I understood, it didn't line up. So I would be interested if you wouldn't mind connecting me more to that information, you know, through email, just so I can read about it more.
Speaker 2: Definitely, continue this discussion after this. This doesn't have to be a single appearance. We can touch base on the back channels and see what we've gotten.
Speaker 3: Sure, I'll discuss it further.
Speaker 2: I'd also like to see that article you had from the eighteen hundreds.
Speaker 3: Seventeen ninety six.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so sure, i'd be glad to So let me just ask you this just outright. Do you think there's really something to the UFO topic?
Speaker 2: Oh, one hundred percent. Even in my first interview I think two or three years ago with Simon Holland, he asked me for what percentage of the cases do I believe or technological? And I think he was expecting me to say one hundred percent. I don't believe that there are cases that are not explained by these technological programs. I can't explain a giant red cube hovering out of the ocean and showing up at Vandenberg Military Base at all. There's clearly something there as well. The origins of all of these technologies are very undocumented. If you go back to that sixteen hundred's pass or airship of Bartelomeo de gouz Mao, there's no predecessors for that. I mean, we're talking about Aristotle vaguely discussing these theories centuries beforehand, and maybe some Peruvians sending a single person up in a goat skin version of a hot air balloon. But the craft that they're describing Bartolomeo de guz Mao having in the sixteen hundreds is a full featured modern airship, and for him to have just come upon that or invented that out of nowhere, you require a stretch of the imagination versus normal technological progress. We see these things happening in baby steps even today, versus you don't rarely see a new technology come from nowhere and enter the scene fully fledged.
Speaker 1: No, there's no leaps. There's no leaps in technology, and I totally agree with that. It's like you could say that the car was invented before the wheel, you know, I mean it just it can't happen. There is baby steps, and so I totally agree with that part of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you even see that the technology takes a rapid step backwards after that. So the balloons that the Montgolfiers are then doing in the eighteen hundreds are very simple, just a bag filled with lifting gas compared to a full featured airship existing two centuries beforehand. The bags filled with lifting gas could be our attempt at reverse engineering the full featured airship that has just come onto the scene from an unknown origin as well, when aer agels come onto the scene. In that nineteen thirty one Nature paper from Kissler, he's presenting thirteen new different era agels, and there was never an eer agel before his nineteen thirty one paper. If you go into his research and his lab notes, he credits the prior work of a Danish physicist named Nudsen who was working on gas flow theory in about nineteen twenty, So gas flow theory in nineteen twenty also very poorly sourced for prior art and Nudsen's work well, I've posited that these would have both been reverse engineering efforts that were tied together. As my friend Bob Spearing of Moufon has shown, Kistler actually goes over to Germany in the years before his invention of aerogel and meets Nudsen there. So if Nudsen was reverse engineering an extant material to come up with his gas flow theory and hands this material to Kissler to continue the development, Kistler then takes this material and reproduces it and within the same year, Einstein and Sialard have taken this material aer agel, which has just entered the technological scene, and have made a pump with it that functions with no moving parts. So for all three of those technological leaps to happen in such rapid fashion with no prior art also suggests that they were reverse engineering something. Now it's really amazing.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: There are potential sources as well of both natural materials that resemble aero agels and of aerogels themselves. So there's materials known as tech tites, which have similar porosity as aerogel, but are naturally formed. These are these regularly come down to our Earth through the atmosphere, and an interesting aspect of tech tites is when they've re entered our atmosphere and been cut open. Occasionally we will find biologic material that has been preserved through re entry into our planet. So there's discussion in the UA phenomenon of biologics, and they do use that term very specifically as a replacement for bodies sometimes. And I've also posited that I believe that these biologics that have been preserved and studied by the program are actually this biological material that is trapped in the pores of a tech tite or an aerogel when it re enters our atmosphere. So if you produced these in the correct way, you've got a von Neumann probe. You've got something that can take biological material, spread it throughout the galaxy, and it's preserved through re entry, it's preserved through space travel.
Speaker 3: And sounds like and spermia to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've found these on Earth containing material that did not come from Earth. So I'd suggest if people are interested in that particular area of the topic, that Luella Zondo's book Imminent actually does contain some writing that alludes to this. He suggests that Monsanto had original control of the quote unquote biologics. Well in nineteen thirty one, when Kissler invents that aer agel stuff, who does he hand the patent off to Monsanto. Monsanto, by nineteen forty has control of the aer agel's is making their own versions of aerogel named Santo cell and by the fifties it's all been handed back to Wright, Patterson, Los Alamos and Redstone Arsenal.
Speaker 3: Wow, this is all fascinating.
Speaker 1: You mentioned Bob Spearing a minute ago and I remember, does this have anything to do with the medals? That it does? Doesn't it?
Speaker 2: It definitely does.
Speaker 1: Let me just ask you this. I was there the year before and I didn't go and this. I was there when this was Yes, I was there on the twenty twenty four, but I was not there in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Did they said they were.
Speaker 1: Going to release some information about that?
Speaker 3: And what do you know about that? Was this anything.
Speaker 1: Possibly off world? Or is it all explainable?
Speaker 2: Sure? So you were there in twenty twenty four when they received the sample from the Russian gentlemen. Since then, Moufon has contracted with a lab known as pr OUT of Australia. PRA did several thousand dollars I think Bob said forty thousand dollars of testing on these materials and the results that they came up with was that this substance was an aerogel. And more so than that, this substance that they've retrieved from Russia is an aerogel that had previously been in space. When they were doing their testing, the aerogel has been exposed to cosmic rays. Now, there's no way to do that in a guy's apartment in Russia that I know of. So how did an aerogel that has been exposed to the cosmic rays of space end up at this guy's desk in Moscow? And then how did it end up getting sent on to move on for analysis. I'm very glad that it did, because it's shown I think our first example outside of military contractors of this material. There are references in some of the UAP discussions and spaces to recovered materials that are being analyzed by defense contractors. One of the defense contractors, Lockheed Martin, has a whistleblower named Richard Bandurich. Bandurich alleges that Lockheed Martin has recovered extraterrestrial materials that they are analyzing and reproducing. And one of his claims about these materials is that if you put the material on a hot plate of three thousand degrees, it will suck the heat out of the hot plate. And one of the fascinating properties of air agels is that that's exactly what they do. So when Bandurich is describing that, he, in my mind, is describing that Lockheed Martin is in possession as well of these aerogels that have been reverse engineered by our government for at least ninety three years.
Speaker 1: Interesting, Well, I don't blame why. I said quite some time ago, let's get to the tic TAC and yeah, you know, we have talked quite a ways, and that is something that I.
Speaker 3: Do want to discuss.
Speaker 1: So I want to hear what you think that people were seeing off the post and two thousand and four off the San Diego coast. And I have a lot of questions about that because I did hear some of what you said with doctor Simon, and I thought of a couple things to ask you. So if you would try to explain what you think they are, and I know you were on the UAP Crossfire and they're all on board. They've been on board all along with us a secret military, and I would argue with them almost on a semi weekly basis about the tic TAC, you know, being something other than our technology. So I want to hear why you think it's our technology, and then I want to just maybe perhaps gently challenge you on some of my thoughts.
Speaker 2: Sure, so I think it'll be helpful if I go past that nineteen sixty cutoff date where we said all of this airship technology sort of disappears into the dark of the aerospace majors. Okay, So one of the images that I sent you, I think is called two poball s.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll take a look. It's say that one more time.
Speaker 2: Two pball pob al d s looks like a white image of an airship drawn on paper.
Speaker 3: I got it right here, yes, sure.
Speaker 2: So by nineteen seventy two, the US Air Force and a company known as Raven Industries or working in secret on this pobals airship and the way that it's designed. It's going to have solar panels on the top part of the airship powering an engine and the lifting gas and the engine are going to keep this airship in the jet stream for thirty days. And they want to test whether they can keep a long endurance reconnaissance craft aloft. And it was successful. And this nineteen seventies program of Raven Industries led into an nineteen eighties and nineties program at DARPA called DARPA Project Sentinel. And Project Sentinel was working on an airship and the airship that they came out with, I believe was called the airship six hundred. The DARPA Project Sentinel. We end up in two thousands the timeframe of the tic Tech and in the two thousands DARPA starts up DARPA Project Walrus and DARPA Project Walrus is to take these high altitude, long endurance blimps and advance the technologies that are constituent to them. So you can see they're a slide of the Darper Project Walrus in its initial days discussing vectored propulsion technologies, aerogel, foam filled tanks, reduce drag skin. All of these bubbles of texts that are around this are the project areas that they are funding to produce advancements. So they've got the basic airship six hundred that came out of Project Sentinel of the nineties and they want to take that and make these more advanced, stealthier, higher endurance, longer duration capacity. So as this is all being worked on, there are prime contractors that are working on these airships with DARPA. So one of them is Lockheed Martin. You showed it briefly there was a silvery airship sitting in a hangar. This is the Lockheed HAA high altitude airship. It was tested and actually crashed, and all of that helium that is filling it. I think several million leaders is now vented to the atmosphere and gone forever. While they were doing this program, they weren't just testing these ultra large high altitude ships. They were also dealing with all of the aspects of the technology. So one of the other tech that results from this is the persistent Threat Detection System or TARS, tethered a radar system. You can see these right now in the US if you go to the southern border. They're used for reconnaissance of our own border by DHS in two thousand and two. One of the variants of this is a tethered submarine deployed aerostat, And what the aristat is designed to do is if the submarine is under the it can release this aerostat which will go above the water and provide a view down on all of the area around the submarine. So the submarine obviously doesn't have windows, you can't see what's outside of you other than with radar. Well now you can if you send an aerostat up that will look down. That aerostat will be capable of providing you with an enhanced tactical view of your surroundings up to a couple hundred kilometers if you tether them high up enough in the atmosphere. These things existed. They were known as the LASH, the littoral airborne sensor hyper spectral. The reason that it's called hyper spectral is because the sensor itself looks at multiple spectrum and can actually see through the water. So if you're a submarine and you're able to see what's in the water or under the water for hundreds of kilometers around you, well you have tactical superiority over any opposition submarine or surface vessel that doesn't have one of these hyper spectral tethered aerostat cameras.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you, how does that are you talking about? This would be something in the sky looking down and it can look through the water. Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 1: So this the first thing that comes to mind is sunken ships with gold treasure. I mean, do people use this to try to find a shipwreck?
Speaker 2: Yes, they use it to detect shipwrecks. They use it also to track marine animals. So one of the programs that the Department of Energy pubblicly discusses these LASH balloons regarding is that they were used to track pods of whales off the Atlantic coast, so they wanted to see how these whales were carrying out their adventures during a year, and since this sensor can look through the water, they were able to have a surface boat deploy one of these lash balloon sensors and just follow a pod of whales for I think a year. The submarine deployed version is not widely discussed as far as I can find. I can only find references to it in scattered Department of Defense documentation, but it is discussed specifically as being tested in San Diego between two thousand and two and two thousand and five. So we evidence that this lash balloon exists. We have evidence that it is tested at the same time as the Nimtz incident. We have a very visually similar look between the tic TAC and the airship six hundred and these submarine deployed lash balloons. So there's certainly something that should be considered and if anything at least ruled out, at least we should know that this isn't what Fraver saw. So that's sort of what I'm trying to do, just bring this into the discussion, as it is something that is relevant, and I'm not saying one hundred percent certainty that this was what it is, but it would have been an unknown too favor At the time, he would not have had a need to know about the submarine deployed lash balloons, and this would have been the first time that he would have ever encountered one, so to him it would have looked like a bunch of roiling water where the submarine is deploying this tethered balloon. When it breaks the water's surface. If there's any kind of surface wind near the surface of the ocean, the balloon itself will ping pong back and forth because of the wind, but the tether is holding it in place, so it can only pingpong in a certain rapid area. The tether also allows it to rise in the air column, which I think is what Fraver saw. And I don't recall any direct testimony from Fravor where he attributes the speeds that are later attributed by Kevin Kanno. Knooth does a calculation based on two positions reported by radar and interpolates that the craft is capable of traveling between these two positions at that speed. I would throw out that Kevin Day, the radar operator on the Princeton who's also involved in this incident, noted that for days before the incident, they had been observing multiple of these objects going up and down in the atmosphere column on their radars. So if they were testing this, there were multiple of these objects in the area at the time. We know this from Day's testimony. If the object that goes up in the air column at Fraver's position is entirely a different, distinct object than the object that later shows up at the cap point, then Kevin Knooth's assumption that this is one object with incredible speeds falls apart.
Speaker 1: Okay, I want to play let's see. I'm going to keep you a little bit longer, and we're going to say goodbye to everyone over at KGr A Radio. And because i'd like to play I was in the room when this was I was in the room when David Fraber was speaking, and I looked at my film and I was behind him, right behind him, and the audio wasn't good. So I decided that I was going to take the opening statement that was you know, on commercial TV at that time, and I'd like to share that now with what he says.
Speaker 4: We arrived at the location at approximately twenty thousand feet in the controller called merge plat, which means that our radar blip was now in the same resolution cell as the contact. As we looked around, we noticed that we saw some whitewater off our right side. It's important to note that the weather on this day was as close to perfect as you could ask. We're off the coast of San Diego Skies, light winds, calm seas, no white caps from waves, so the white water stood out in a large blue ocean. All four of us because we were in F eighteen F so we had pilots and Wizow in the back seat, looked down a small salt white tic TAC object with a longitudinal axis pointing north south and moving very abruptly over the water like.
Speaker 2: A ping pong ball. There were no roadors, no rotor.
Speaker 4: Wash, or any sign of visible control surfaces like wings. As we started clockwise towards the object, my wiz and I decided to go down and take a closer look, with the other aircraft staying and high covered to observe both us and the TICTAC. We proceeded around the circle about ninety degrees from the start of our descent, and the object suddenly shifted its longitudinal axis, aligned it with my aircraft, and began to climb. We continued down to another two hundred and seventy degrees nose low where the tic tac. We consented two hundred and seventy degrees toward and we went nose load to where the tictac would have been. Our altitude at this point was about fifteen thousand feet in the tictack was about twelve thousand. As we pulled nose onto the object within a a half mile of it, it rapidly accelerated in front of us and disappeared. Our wingmen, roughly eight thousand feet above us lost contact.
Speaker 1: Also.
Speaker 4: We immediately turned back to see where the white water was at, and it was gone also, So as you started to turn back towards the east, the controller came up and said, sir, you're not going to believe this, but that thing is at your cat point roughly sixty miles away in less than a minute. You can calculate the speed. We returned to Nimitz. We were taking off our gear. We were talking to one of my crews that was getting ready to launched. We mentioned it to him and they went out and luckily got the video that you see that ninety second video. What you don't see is the radar tape. It was never released and we don't know where it's at the act of jamming that the object put on an APG seventy three radar and I can get into modes later if you're interested. What is shocking to us is that the incident was never investigated, none of my crew ever questioned, tapes were never taken, and after a couple of days it turned into a great story with friends.
Speaker 3: Well there it is.
Speaker 1: Let me just take that down and so just basically, you know, you heard all that, and so let's address a couple of those things. First of all, when it ended up showing up fifty miles away, are you just going to say that was another one?
Speaker 2: Is that what you mean? Yeah, My assumption is that the one that showed up fifty miles away is totally distinct from the object that disappeared at FRAVR. My assumption is the object exited above fravor And during his discussions on several other podcasts like The Joe Rogan Experience, he does indicate the object exited his observational area going up. It didn't wink out of existence.
Speaker 1: And how can this thing move so fast? You have wind resistance, you have all these things involved. Where you're talking about a tether when he's talking about it being at twelve thousand feet, are you saying that it's a tether at twelve thousand feet?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I believe that these were tethered balloons at the time.
Speaker 1: They would have a tether from a submarine going up to twelve thousand twelve.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I sent you. I sent you a patent describing how this technology works, just to show that these can exist. It's five Boeing patent describes a saunobuoy deployed aerostat which is deploying from a saunobuoi under the water and having a tethered aerostat deployed from that. So similarly to the Sauno booi, you can have one of these in the vertical launch cells of a submarine.
Speaker 1: Okay, But to me, I just I can't imagine something having I can't imagine that we have tethers that long. I mean, that's just one thing we actually do have twelve thousand feet tethers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the balloons that are conducting the reconnaissance at the southern US border themselves are also tethered.
Speaker 1: Oh, I can believe that. I just just for this to come out of a submarine. And so how did it do the dogfight type of situation.
Speaker 2: You know where he describes it mirroring his movements as they cross the circle. I believe what that is. And this is a speculation on my part, and none of us know.
Speaker 5: The actual facts of this because the radar tapes, as Fraver noted there, were confiscated and are gone, so all we can do really is speculate.
Speaker 2: My theory is that the crossing motion that he was experiencing is because of the bow shock that his jet is producing. The tethered aristat itself does not have much inertia to it. It's very low mass, so if you int a source of wind or a source of external force to that aerostat, it will produce outsized motions in response. So, because it is very light, the amount of force needed to move it is not the same as the amount of force needed to move an F eighteen, which I think weighs twenty thousand kilograms. So as his plane is moving through the atmosphere as he describes, he's coming down and moving in a circular pattern to descend. He is producing what's known as a bowshock from his plane, so that's moving the atmosphere out of the way of the plane. When that motion, when that air that's been pushed away encounters the aerostat, it is going to also douce a responsive motion in the aerostat. And I think that that's why he says it was responding to my movements, is because his bow shock of his plane is inducing movement in the aerostat itself. That that's my best yes, quote unquote as to that part of the technique of the encounter.
Speaker 1: All right, what about the the image I'm going to try to pull it up where there's a video of someone taking I believe it was a Flair video that they were taking of and they actually did capture the tic tac. I just can't get it up because it's a different format, but they capture it. They go fast in fact, Nope, not the go fast Nope, it's it's the actual tic tac shape. Unfortunately, I just tried to download the image that came up as a as an image that won't let me show it to you, But it shows a tiktac it's being tracked and all of a sudden it goes off screen really fast.
Speaker 2: And I've seen a couple of videos like that that can be Flur operator causing that motion. So if you assume that you have a Flur operator who has a camera and he's focused on a object, if he then slews his camera view to the left, it'll look like the craft is traveling rapidly to the right, but the craft itself may be stationary. So you would need to know the angles that the Flur camera were pointed at at the time of the apparent motion to rule that camera operator motion out.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I do believe that people have tried to debunk that particular one in that type of fashion, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong, But I don't think they've been able to actually debunk that one as like the operator or any other type of situation like that. Maybe I'm wrong about that, and if so, someone feel free to contact me and let me know. So just another thing, how could something like this move like you talked about Kevin Kanouth. Are you saying you believe his theory about the eighty thousand foot or whatever. It was dropped down to the ocean in less than a second and the really high g force. Do you think that was all incorrect?
Speaker 2: So one of the issues with the radar is it had just been upgraded at the time, so it's seeing these objects for quote unquote the first time during that incident, as it had just been upgraded. One of the issues, sorry, hour of talking, I need to take a little bit of a drink. One of the issues with balloons them is that they're largely radar transparent. So if you have a balloon today, even a hot air balloon, it needs a transponder on it to comply with FAA regulations. Because our own radars are going to look at that plastic bag filled with gas and they're going to see right through it. Maybe you'll see radar reflection off of the gondola, or if it's a weather balloon, maybe you'll see a reflection off of one of the toad sensors of the sensor teather. But because they don't show up very well on radar, and they're in fact showing up for quote unquote the first time during this incident, I think what the radar is having an issue with is detecting these objects at all, and when it's saying that it's seeing them going up and down from eighty thousand feet to sea level. One of the issues with the eighty thousand feet is that it's not having objects that are disappearing at eighty thousand feet. Eighty thousand feet is the service ceiling of that radar, so that's as high as the radar can actually see. So if we have a balloon that's being deployed to a typical weather balloon station of one hundred thousand feet, the radar is going to lose track of it at some point and it's going to quote unquote disappear. Okay. Other problem is the radar is going to have a really hard time seeing that balloon because there's no transponders on these prototypes that they're testing at the time. If it's getting a rough detection. We haven't verified this, but I've put it forwards and it's going to be tough to verify this because you're going to need specs of military radar. But if there's a tough, a hard to see detection, it may not know what the height of the object is it may know the rough angle to the object that it's seeing something when it's scanning that part of its sweep angle, but it may not be able to get an accurate reading of what the height is. So on the radar's display it may be saying that there's an object going from the max height eighty thousand feet to the mid height of sea level, but the object itself may just be a hard to detect object that is not even itself moving up and down.
Speaker 1: Well, it seemed like there was fury. Yeah, there was a lot of information on that. I thought. Also, I just pulled this from the internet, you know, confirmed behavior. The hawkeyes radar, along with other systems like the USS Princeton Inspire radar confirmed the objects we're dropping from a high altitude of sixty thousand feet, So it's not just the USS Princeton. They had the Hawkeye up at twenty five thousand feet or something over the testing when they were doing the exercises.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this would be a general problem of detecting blimps aerostats with radar though, so it would affect the Hawkeye equally, as as the software on the Princeton and the limits.
Speaker 1: All right down do you have a picture of this slash?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so five underscore LASH is a Department of Defense cover photo from two thousand and six where they've finally shown one of the LASH blimps. This is a larger blimp known as the Airship six hundred that was developed out of that prior DARPA Sentinel program. It has the LASH pod underslung on that large blimp as well. These LASH pods are on smaller tethered blimps that are able to be deployed from the submarine. So the craft that Fraver saw may not have looked exactly like that. That was one of the airships that carried these LASH blimps. I'd like to also add, since it came up during Fraver's testimony he said that the object jammed his own.
Speaker 1: I meant to ask you about that.
Speaker 2: Yes, So, as well as having this LASH littoral airborne Sensor hyperspectral pod, these likely also had counter I SR pods. Now, I don't have the actual specifications for the US's counter I SR pods. When we discuss things later, I can provide you with a variant used by the Israeli military that has been publicly acknowledged. Uh, these existed at the.
Speaker 1: Time and.
Speaker 2: Would have also been on one of these blimps. So why would I believe that the gem the gems sound dangerous?
Speaker 1: I mean to me, why would you know? When I mentioned up to Kevin Day when I saw him in person last year, and I mentioned to him that, you know, it may have been that people are saying it may have been a test out to see, he got really angry, so, you know, putting people's lives at risk, you know, and bs he was like really upset. So I just when they jamming, when there was a jamming of radar, if that indeed did happen, Uh, you know, what's the deal with that?
Speaker 2: I completely agree with Kevin Day. This was an entirely reckless endeavor. If this is what occurred, whoever authorized it should be stripped of all rank that they had. If the commanding officer of the NIMTZ Task Group knew that this was occurring and authorized one of his pilots to be to have a prototype tested against him in this fashion, it's incredibly reckless. I agree with Kevin Day. But reckless is what they do.
Speaker 1: Well, I have to say the only part that I don't want to say I agree with you. Okay, yeah, you don't have I don't want to go there.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm just presenting my theory.
Speaker 1: I know, but I do want to say. The one thing that has not made any sense that would fit with what you're saying is that when they were talking to upper level officers, they acted like it was nothing. And to me, that's always been such a puzzle, like why would they.
Speaker 2: And there were people ready to come aboard in such a rapid fashion since they're off the coast of California. They're having a helicopter with people wearing what I think our Department of Energy suits come aboard the Nimits and the Princeton and retrieve the tapes afterwards. Well that's not something that you just like, oh, we just saw an alien get on your helicopter and come out here. That's they knew that these tapes were going to be produced. They were already ready to get on that helicopter and they were ready to fly out when their test was over. That, as you said, the commanding officer seemed nonplussed about his top pilot encountering a UFO is potentially because he knew that that was going to happen, and he potentially had authorized this dangerous test against his top pilot.
Speaker 1: Now, if you had a chance, would you sit down and try to explain this to David Fraverer and Alex Dietrich.
Speaker 2: Oh, one hundred percent. The first time I came on the LASH information which I had to dig up because all of the articles about it have been memory hold, They've all been deleted off the Internet. The only way that you find information about the LASH is by going back through Internet archive. As soon as I found the article, I sent it to Alex Dietrich on X and tagged her in the post that had this archived copy of the article and said, Hey, found this article, think that it might have been tested in San Diego at the time. Can you make any comment? And I'd still be open to discuss these technologies with them. I think by this point they probably know about tethered balloons. I just don't know if they know that tethered balloons were being tested in San Diego back in two thousand and two, which they most certainly were.
Speaker 1: And how do you know this as far it was just through a FOYA. Did you do a Freedom of Information Act?
Speaker 2: No? Actually, I actually found these in documents that had existed publicly at the time but have been since scrubbed from the Internet.
Speaker 1: And do you have these documents?
Speaker 2: Yep, so you do, yeah, And I've shaed them on my account.
Speaker 1: Okay, and I don't know if you'd like to share them with me, but I will tell that anyone that is listening to this through audio only, I will have these images that we've talked about in the show notes. All you have to do is click on that and you'll see all the images we're talking about. So would you be also open to the idea that this could be an off world technology?
Speaker 2: As I've said, I think that there is an extant source of these craft that are better than anything we can produce. If we've found something as far back as sixteen hundred and we're trying to emulate it through these decades and centuries of lighter than error programs in the military, then there is an existing source outside of humanity. And so maybe there's one craft that was found I think they've said in archaeological contexts, but that also doesn't rule out that some of these encounters may be those same things to this day. I just think that we need to have an understanding of the technological programs that our own human race is developing and fielding before we make the leap to extraterrestrial and aliens. So, if there is a white cylindrical craft that is capable of being deployed from under the water in two thousand and two that we have in our own arsenal, I think that that needs to be examined with the same seriousness as we're examining claims that it could be extraterrestrial.
Speaker 1: What about the antennae or what appeared to be something like antenna? Did you ever see that on any type of prototype.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So he mentions that there were two what looked like maybe p to's under the craft. They could be attachment points for the tether. They could be the LASH pod and the ISR pod itself. As I don't have an actual visual representation of what he saw other than some of the CGI renderings that other people have made based on the testimony, I can't be sure, but both of those things would have external visual appearances, the attachment for the tether and the pods themselves.
Speaker 1: Well, the one thing I'm glad to hear you say, and duck Head, one of the regulars. Here.
Speaker 3: He keeps wanting you to show.
Speaker 1: Here's Star Wars toys, but I know you can't.
Speaker 3: You can't move them off the shelf.
Speaker 2: But anyway, they're all around. It's an obsession that had to stop a couple of years ago because I ran out of space.
Speaker 1: Well, I got to tell you, I do like the State sales, and I did this to State Sales. And actually, I have to say it's from a really famous family. I mean, he's got big movies out there. And anyway, they had I had their Star Wars toys. The name is Eggers. Anyone knows he's a director. I had Star Wars toys and a guy came. There was one toy that he paid seven hundred dollars for without a blink of an eye. And it's just it's so silly. I think the whole thing is so silly. How because I'm, you know, an antiquees guy, and anyway.
Speaker 2: So an antiques lego guy.
Speaker 1: So this is just a statement. There's no way they had this tech back in the eighteen hundreds. What type of what is the best tech that we had in the eighteen hundreds, would you say.
Speaker 2: The Pasarola airship that existed in the sixteen hundreds, would have, had a mentioned earlier, been better than any of the tech that we had in the eighteen hundreds. As far as the most advanced looking craft in the eighteen hundreds, I'd probably say Daniluski's air bike. Imagine a big gas bag of helium with a man on a bike slung underneath it, and then two giant wings sprouting.
Speaker 1: Outside of the I've seen a graphic of that. I know exactly what you're talking about. Boyd. Is that something that I would never get on in a million Yes.
Speaker 2: So imagine you're a farmer in eighteen ninety seven and this crashes down in your field and you've never heard of balloons or blimps or aerostats before in your life. How do you make any sense of this thing that's crashed out of the sky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, all right, Before we close here, I'm just going to ask you one other question here. What do you think is the most mysterious unexplained UAPUFO case that you've looked at.
Speaker 2: I have no idea what the red object that Jeff Nucitelli described in the most recent hearing is. If someone wants to put a prosaic technological explanation for a giant red object coming out of the ocean. Go for it. But I've that's unexplained to me.
Speaker 3: Yes, I do have. I will send you this.
Speaker 1: I do have a diver that was an extraordinary you know what am I trying to say? He had over fifteen thousand hours of underwater time and he had an encounter with a cube but it was a gold cube. But he was sixty miles off shore off the Baja, and you know, sixty miles off shore and heap down to four hundred feet and no other you know, this thing was acting intelligently. It was really quite crazy. And he had nothing to do.
Speaker 2: Never have recordings at the time. He did.
Speaker 1: He did film at the whole time. Unfortunately, he's very sick right now because I keep, you know, reaching out to him, and unfortunately he's got cancer, not doing well.
Speaker 2: But he had my sympathies for anyone with cancer. I've also gone through that several times myself, and oh it's not terrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So he has a twenty five hundred film said he was looking through that. I was trying to get him initiated to try to find this thing, and he says he was so well now organized in all these reels of film. He doesn't even know where to where to look, but he supposed he did film at the entire time.
Speaker 2: If that ever comes forward, send it to me.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we have so many people that want to see.
Speaker 2: I think you have a couple of things to hang me about afterwards, and one hundred percent send you everything that I've got. Just remind me what we what we need.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well excellent, Well, thank you so much. I don't see any recent questions here, so besides your star Wars, so thank you all for being with us tonight and trying to.
Speaker 2: Do a little pen around the room for your fanis.
Speaker 1: Oh there, okay, that'll make it.
Speaker 2: Oh my, there's a couple there. There's a big Superstar storer up there, and then there's a minifigure shelf there.
Speaker 3: Excellent.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well, thanks so much and we'll see you. Everyone will be back next week at Tuesday only and with Thiago to Chetti and it should be a great show. And that's about Brazil UFOs again, thanks so much for everyone, and remember to keep your eyes to this The