Speaker 1: Coming up on this week's Chewing the Could, I'm talking about the US President's appearance on a TV show.
Speaker 2: And I'm bringing news about that cold Play video.
Speaker 1: It's exciting. Well, then let's not hang about. Welcome to Chewing the Cud. I'm River Scott and joining me as always is my close personal friend Mike Benny and Roe. Hi Mike, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm doing very well? Hell about yourself?
Speaker 1: All the better for seeing you.
Speaker 2: I love it when people lie to me. We're bringing you all the show business you could need, as well as some fun news stories.
Speaker 1: So Mike, what have you got for us? First?
Speaker 2: Well? Cold Play video? Are you aware of the CEO?
Speaker 1: Oh yes, I thought you were just going to talk about Coldplay and was like.
Speaker 2: Oh god no, it's was all yellow.
Speaker 1: It all kind of fades to red after a while with me, and then I wake up with taste of blood in my mouth.
Speaker 2: Carry on, Okay, I'm not a fan?
Speaker 1: Then not not not not not No?
Speaker 2: How do you feel about that whole Coldplay video?
Speaker 1: Someone smooching someone They shouldn't have been basically smooching.
Speaker 3: They were just like having a snuggle, couldling so like the guys behind arms around okay, exactly. Well, the person who shared that footage has been sharing how much money they've made from sharing that video. Shared a lot there, right, So Grace Springer, right, how much you think she she's made from sharing that video.
Speaker 1: Just from sharing that video, the video of her having a snuggle, of.
Speaker 3: Her filming people on the kiss cam, right right, So it's her video that everyone's using.
Speaker 2: Oh I see all these aslets and the memes and things. So she's told people have she may may.
Speaker 3: Okay, So she told people how much she's actually made from that image.
Speaker 1: It's going to be a lot, isn't it. It's going to be it's going to depress me. However much it is zero? Oh that's all right then? Good?
Speaker 3: Nobody is paid her excellent because she said, oh you smiling, okay, great, thanks, and we're not paying for it because if you didn't, someone else would. There's loads of people filming at that point, because good, that's how we live our lives now through a screen. Please keep watching, can't hang on. So she's been not made a single penny from it, okay, right, which I think is good because I don't think she should have profited from someone else's misery yep. Because it's her justification for sharing it was, well, someone else would have done so, so why not mine?
Speaker 1: All right, Well, then she can't really claim any kind of.
Speaker 2: I just I'm not comfortable with the fact that she shared it. I'm also not comfortable with that. All the whole idea of a kiss camp.
Speaker 1: If I didn't, then someone else would was the Nazis defense at Nuremberg.
Speaker 2: No, I was only following orders, was loved.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, but it was I was only following orders. So why did you follow those orders? Because if I didn't, someone else would have. And it's like, all right, it's not it's not a good sign.
Speaker 2: It's not a good sign.
Speaker 3: And it's one of the whole old people kiss count and zooming in on people's.
Speaker 1: It's an American kind of romantic thing, isn't it. They do it at sports ball games and stuff where they're like, oh, it's the kiss cam, and then it turns out it's hilarity because it's actually not two people that know each other. It's just a man and a woman sat next to each other.
Speaker 2: A man or woman.
Speaker 1: There have been a few like shocking ones where like a woman and a man and then they'll go oh, we're on camera and he'll lean in and kiss his boyfriend who stood on the other side of him and stuff like that, which.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's and also we don't know that the CEO had an open relationship with his wife or not.
Speaker 2: It's just assumed.
Speaker 1: I don't couldn't care less. Really, this is the thing. It's that all right, good for you, fine, move on. I don't understand why it's such a big who ha.
Speaker 2: People have made it who hah.
Speaker 3: So he's lost his job and everything to resign from his position because the person who was cuddling was a member of the HR team and apparently that's a conflict, and it was like understandable.
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, I which, surely she should lose her job too, because as the HR person she should know about into office.
Speaker 3: As long as it's not impacting your decisions, is perfectly fine. Anyway, I'm glad that knows made money out of someone else's suffering, which I quite happy about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, moving on.
Speaker 3: You may be aware of the law has changed if you're accessing adult content online.
Speaker 2: No no, so now.
Speaker 3: You have to verify your age and it's not just a case of going like click. I'm over eighteen. You actually have to confirm you over eighteen, right, and there's.
Speaker 2: Ranges of doing that.
Speaker 3: This credit card identification as like using ID, and there's also like email identification as well, so you basically you use your email dressing can tell from the age of your email a dress if you're likely to be overreaked or not.
Speaker 1: Oh I see, oh wait, actually yeah, my one of my email addresses will be twenty years old this year.
Speaker 2: So it's one of those things.
Speaker 3: So it goes, okay, you email just spin around for this time. It does a verification code and jobs are good. So yeah, and it's there to protect children. But luckily people have worked out as a loophole to this this new legislation.
Speaker 1: People people, Okay, that just just that was that was just like who needs The only people who would need a loophole for this particular piece of legislation would be under eighteens.
Speaker 3: All people don't want to share that personal information with the adult content sites.
Speaker 1: I mean, all of your other information is shared everywhere all the time.
Speaker 2: But the three little letters VPN gets past all of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so the government have brought any predictable nipples indeed, yes, yeah, very predictable nipples got a lot to be honest, I can see.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the government has spent millions of pounds bringing this legislation. Companies had to spend millions and billions of pounds sorting out, you know, over eighteen access and that sort of stuff is there, protect protect children and all you need to get around it is a VPN.
Speaker 1: And I don't know any under eighteens who have ever looked at naked pictures of people in the world ever, exactly. I was very much looking forward to my eighteenth birthday so I could find out what all the.
Speaker 3: All who Yeah, yeah, I had never went into a forest and found some wet magazine.
Speaker 1: It's always in a hedge or like in a railway siding.
Speaker 2: Why was that the forest near me?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, railway sid always.
Speaker 3: Slightly burnt for some reason of port was always burnt so hot.
Speaker 1: Just the pages it's written on.
Speaker 3: Indeed, it's just it's it's a proof that, you know technology, you can find a work around very easily. And it's also proof that the government, I'm quite sure what the darious all the time.
Speaker 1: Some of the time. All right, yeah, sure, fine.
Speaker 3: Hey, they've done very well with the test and trace No the other thing, HS two, No.
Speaker 2: The other thing. There's something.
Speaker 1: There's some poppers thing from years ago. Do you remember that?
Speaker 2: No? What's that thing?
Speaker 1: They made poppers illegal for about twenty minutes until they realize what they've done, and then they undid it.
Speaker 2: Rumor arises.
Speaker 1: Because I want my room to smell like felt tip pens.
Speaker 3: Anyways, alway, moving on, have you ever met a real life superhero?
Speaker 2: No, how do you know?
Speaker 1: Good point?
Speaker 3: Superman's optrometrist adopt what they called optician know that he's Superman.
Speaker 1: Because he's got hypnoglasses.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he takes off the glass Superman. So he takes them off and people.
Speaker 1: Go and in the in the in the new movie, he is wearing hypno glasses.
Speaker 2: Hypno glasses like the Hypno toad.
Speaker 1: As in they change what your brain sees so that you you don't make the connection between Clark Kent and Superman.
Speaker 2: Oh, like a perception filter in Doctor Who exactly.
Speaker 1: And apparently that is like old comics canon. It's like the original way that he disguised his identity was that his glasses were hypno glasses, not just now in one now and the other, but actually a proper a proper bit of science there.
Speaker 3: So we're talking about people with extreme abilities like extreme cold resistance, super memory, and unique vision.
Speaker 1: Oh right with you? Not as far as I know. Tell me more.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So there's people like the ice Man, okay, Hymn waff Right who climbed icy mountains.
Speaker 1: In shorts as wim Hoff.
Speaker 2: Is it wim Hoff?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Not him? One same thing is that whim Hoff?
Speaker 2: No, that's not him. No.
Speaker 3: And then people with synesthetics who can see music and things.
Speaker 1: Yes, a good friend of mine has that made a whole album about it. Has made several but he made one about the colors of the tube map and what the music that they that those colors meant to him. So each of the tracks on his album was inspired by the color, and the noises it made in his head are really good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know someone that puts colors to names.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, it's like I see it like Dame Barbara and it's like I just the yellow from a banana. I don't know why, it just that's the yellophant and it's just it's it's amazing to see. So scientists believe that genetics rare conditions and neurodivergence.
Speaker 2: Actually explain most of these cases, right, So when people joke about, oh, neurodiversion, I'm a super here, actually possibly true.
Speaker 3: So yeah, the idea isn't just fiction. It's people that go way outside the norms. There's hyper all right, Yeah, hyper thesma, which is total recall memory. Okay, so when people talk about like an idetic memory and stuff, it's about being able to recall absolutely everything. Tetrachromy which is seeing more colors, so not just seeing green, seeing like intense green and different shades of green.
Speaker 1: Stuff. Yeah, normally need substances for that kind of thing.
Speaker 3: And people like Stephen Wiltshire, who is an artistic savant who draws entire cities from memory.
Speaker 1: I've seen, I've seen a thing about him. Yeah. They took him on a like a helicopter ride and then sat him down with a depending a massive bit of paper and he just drew the whole skyline like in super detail.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 2: So yeah, superheros they walk among us.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks for that, Mike.
Speaker 2: And what you bring us after the short break River, Well.
Speaker 1: I am going to be talking about a presidential TV show, So stay right there.
Speaker 3: Welcome back, to tune the cud now river, I'm guessing it's about Trump when you keep talking about president.
Speaker 1: It is indeed, sorry, but hey might as well. Yeah, started, so let's carry on, uh South Park, So at least it's not anything about Trump himself. It's about people extracting the urine, which is always nice, always nice.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, and south tastefully and carefully.
Speaker 1: Very classic, very high brown. For example, South Park's season twenty seven, I know Sea Lord. It's titled Sermon on the Mount okay, and it takes aim at former former US President Donald Trump. You heard it here fall sentenced the Future.
Speaker 2: I think that a typo.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean he was, he is a former and present present. There was one in the middle. They didn't really do anything, so it doesn't really care anyway of course of breaking u oh, it's depicting him in a deep fake style scenario with Satan.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: The episode's outrageous satire cost more than one and a half million dollars and as part of the Paramount plus deal thing. I don't know, all they're streaming. Things are all getting a bit complicated and stuff. They were going to amalgamate into one big thing and then we'll just have like sky again or whatever it was where they all come together. Anyway, the White House has condemned the sketch, while the creators defended their content as a biting commentary on media censorship and political absud absurdity.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I've seen parts of this episode. Does not paint the Dundon in the best of lights.
Speaker 1: Shocking, I know.
Speaker 2: Oh, no, I know, right, But.
Speaker 3: What I also love is they did this in bed with Satan thing with Sadam Hussein.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It's not even original, it's it's a very.
Speaker 3: Old but they've brought it back specific so they're saying that he's as bad as to them.
Speaker 1: Oh biting, I know, timely.
Speaker 2: And that it's also very tiny penis.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I didn't can you do penises on TV? Now? I thought that was still a thing, not so much cartoon, So oh that makes it okay.
Speaker 3: I think it's after the Watershed as well, and it's in America.
Speaker 1: So Trey Parker and what's it Stone have been quoted as saying, we're not sorry, and we wield that freedom, meaning the freedom of expression, And I think it's the First Amendment isn't it some of that I don't know, freedom of speech, yes, tis so, Yeah, it should explicit content be part of satire. Should we be classier about our satire than needing willies and bums?
Speaker 3: And I think wi's going to help satire be more palatable.
Speaker 1: Willies and bums help most things I found.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's one of those things that they've done this joke before.
Speaker 1: Was sad, Yeah, it's yeah.
Speaker 2: And it was Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's one of those things where if I say, well, this seems lazy and just thing the Yeah, and that's how we're sticking it to the man by being lazy and just read it. I'm like, or you know whatever, you need to tell yourself as you rake in all that money and do the least possible about work for it, you're gonna have an art form at least be creative. Like whacking a different dictator's face on the head of the person in bed with Satan seems a little bit low effort, but hey, what do I.
Speaker 3: Know, technically not a dictator at the moment because he was elected.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's enough of him, right you grant Okay. M Stein was visibly caught asleep in the Royal box behind Queen in the he fell asleep in Queen Camilla's box. Okay, during the Wimbledon quarter final.
Speaker 2: It's Wimbledon, s go to cricket, hasn't he? Hey? There is there is? Is he just not upset? Rather than is that a sleeping person?
Speaker 1: I mean I would pull that face if I was being made to watch, I'm going to said cricket. What sport is that turning? Either case, it's tedious. I don't understand I would be in a similar thing. And so what he's like? What sixty odd seventy odd? He sat down, it's warm, his comfy, He's probably had a drink suit, wearing a suit to go to the to go anywhere sports balls? Who really can this? This is one of those really important stories. Clearly naturally naturally fashionable in shades and attire. He is wearing a tire.
Speaker 2: He is once again not nude.
Speaker 1: Well done him, Well done. Grant snap during the match quickly became a viral meme moment, endearing fans who joked he must have needed a beauty rest. All right, nap, Apparently the commentator so not convinced to you, Grant is awake? Someone go and check on him please, which seems unnecessary. Leave him alone like him, have a nap.
Speaker 3: Like he's paid one hundred and something thousand pounds. I don't know how much ticket is to wimble and no, they're not cheap.
Speaker 1: And he's wearing his tennis suit like him. You let him have a nap if he wants a nap. Don't need you commenting on him. I mean the woman sat next to him doesn't look impressed, but then she's wearing a dress from Laura Ashley and a wig from the party shop. I think so, you know, not really want to comment.
Speaker 3: She has a very tanned cleavage. Cleavage is more tanned than her face. Just pointing out, I mean, do you care what the you other nap at sporting event that he went.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you're going to go and fall asleep, I would say maybe don't go. But then at the same time, I'm not going to go ever so and someone has to otherwise.
Speaker 2: Because you lived in London for a while, yes, because I'm cool. Did you did you ever get tempted to triangle to Wimbledon? Why would I to mock people as who arecue was well going with.
Speaker 1: Mock people from far far away I don't need to get up closed to mock people at Wimbledon. It's anyway. I lived in East London because again I'm cool, and Wimbledon is far far left hand London, West London.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I always in the east because I'm cool. I don't know the rest of the points of the compass.
Speaker 1: Why would I just over there? So the other end of the green line not doing that? Get Ben can can embarrassment such as this humanize a celebrity rather than.
Speaker 2: The most embarrassing thing he's ever done.
Speaker 1: And it was quite human of him the other thing that he did, although he was dating Liz Hurley at the time, and you have to think, but he.
Speaker 2: Was dating Liz Hurley and still sometimes you get an itch.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 3: I can see Liz Hurley being quite mainenance, how aminenance, because you've got to be I think reference.
Speaker 1: And five dollars is five dollars, so you know Qushing On story three, Tom.
Speaker 2: Daily, Okay, he's smirked and perked up a little bit there.
Speaker 1: That's just that's gonna stop there. Tom Daily, just imagine it's.
Speaker 2: Too big for his body.
Speaker 1: I'm not looking at his head. He's a retired christ he's retired.
Speaker 2: He's retired old age is like twelve.
Speaker 1: From being Olympic, from being an Olympic diver. He's retired. He's got five Olympic medals. There he is. He's probably wearing all of them right there, can't tell, did he He's prevent presenting the weather forecast wearing only some custom he sensitive knitted knitted swim trunk.
Speaker 2: Knitted swim trunk. He's from the Victorian era.
Speaker 1: The studt was in partnership with Malibu and the Royal Life Saving Society of UK of the UK to promote there don't Drink and dive campaign. I suppose that the knitted trunks do obscure things a bit more than his usual super tight Olympic Whoever invented, whoever designed the the the the the super tiny trunks that they wear for the Olympics should win a medal themselves. I think, like, can't fault it perfect, bang on.
Speaker 2: They look itchy.
Speaker 1: Co hosts Alison Hammond and Dermot O'Leary added to the fun by showering daily with water. I had have gone with the baby oil, but but wool when it gets wet, gets very heavy and it's kind of like a full Nappy's just gon slowly edge its way down his per pert thighs, is what I'm.
Speaker 2: It's going to just look like a nappy.
Speaker 1: He's still not got any body hair. Do you think he has? Just oh yeah, just that little bit. Oh he gets that manscapes, doesn't he tiny nipples? They're so small?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: And oh yeah. They showered in with water and later covered him with a towel for.
Speaker 2: His modesty, MEFA, because I said for his modesty.
Speaker 1: The segment combined lighthearted visuals with crucial advice. Okay, do you know what the crucial advice was? Don't eat yellow snow, do not drink and dive, which is the name of the campaign. So I like that. I've got it all in one sec.
Speaker 3: Are people actively going out and getting ratted on a Friday night and going, I want to dive on a board.
Speaker 1: Alcohol is involved in one in four drownings in the UK, and the risk rises fivefold when the weather gets above twenty degrees centigrade. People get dr they get warm, they go I'll go cool down. Oh dear, I've forgotten how to swim.
Speaker 2: Bl blood dead's because they're going swimming in like canal.
Speaker 1: Have you seen the canals. You can probably walk across them. It's not much too, that's what people think. Then you know, you break the crust and then you're in it.
Speaker 2: It goes through nineteen seventies trolley and you're gone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you get you get tangled in the shopping trolley or that remains of a motorbike, oh.
Speaker 2: Dear, under an air of old condoms.
Speaker 1: Anyway, that's all we have for the show this week. Thank you for watching, and we will see you all soon.
Speaker 2: So Tom Daily, Yes,