Speaker 1: Dodger Talk is sponsored by LA Care Health Plan, providing affordable healthcare insurance to millions of Angelinos for over twenty five years, and now your voice for Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: Like the back Tamn Cats, sometimes it is not how you start, tell you finish. For the Dodgers, they finish off this road trip on a winning note. Hi everybody, and welcome in to Dodger Talk here on a five to seventy LA Sports Live Everywhere on the IHAR Radio app. Thanks for being with us on this hot Sunday afternoon here in southern California.
Speaker 3: Hopefully you're staying.
Speaker 2: Cool, either by the pool, by the ocean, inside with the airon, and maybe just driving around with the air on wherever you may be. We appreciate you listening here on Dodger Talk. As the Dodgers get the win three to two over the Oakland A's, a much needed win for the Dodgers, who last night snapped a three game losing streak thanks to Jack flairting the Dodgers erupting for six runs in the ninth inning and a ten to nothing shutout win the A's. They come back today. They get the scoring going right away in the first inning key k Hernandez a two run double. River Ryan gave it up a two run home run in the bottom of the first. The Dodgers would take the lead in the third on the cabin Vgo RBI single, and then it was the bullpen the rest of the way after River Ryan left the game with two outs in the fifth inning. An impressive performance from the Dodgers' bullpen today.
Speaker 3: It's been up and.
Speaker 2: Down in the month of July certainly was not very good for the collective group, but the Dodgers bullpen today. After River Ryan left with the bases loaded, two out, Dodgers clinging to a three to two lead, they go with Evan Phillips and Evan Phillips, the back end closer at one point of this Dodgers team certainly one of the high leverage relievers. Out of that Dodgers' bullpen was called upon to get the final out and get out of it bases loaded jam against one of the hot big hitters for the Oakland A's and Brenton Rooker, who already hit a two run home run and has kind of had his way with the Dodgers this weekend. He came up with the bases loaded, Evan Phillip strikes him out on four pitches and gets them looking on a sweeper on the inside corner for strike three, gets out of the bases loaded, jam keeps the Dodgers up three to two, and then the Dodgers rest of the bullpen puts up zeros. After that, Blake Trinan, Alex Vessia, Daniel Hudson, Anthony Bonda. The Dodgers' bullpen five relievers combined for four to third shutout innings and six strikeouts. That is exactly what the Dodgers needed today in a game in which going into it I mentioned with Jose I looked at the lineup the day Roberts filled out on the scorecard and I thought to myself, Wow, this is gonna be a struggle, I think for this Dodgers to find offense. I know they erupted for ten runs last night, but the Dodgers today had, you know, Keith a Hernandez batting fifth, Jason Hayward was batting clean up, Gavin lux was in that third spot again, Tay Oscar was batting second behind the show Hey, he had a line that had Kevin Bigio, Amano Rosario, Nick med was in there as well. Afterwards he had Kevin Kiermyer, Austin Barnes. It wasn't murderers row in that, you know, six through nine spot for the Dodgers, but those guys delivered. Cavin Biegho had a big hit in the third inning and an RBI single. He had a sacrifice butt in this game. Some good at bats of a Medeazario. Kevin Kiermyer on base with the walk today, eve though he went over three. Austin Barnes got on base with the walk today even though he was zero for three. And again it's just keeping the line moving. The Dodgers did a good job of that early in this game. And then in that third inning with two outs, Calvin Biegio two strikes, two count, delivers with the single the middle of scoring Jason Hayward and the Dodgers retake the lead and they would never give it back, going on and winning by a final of three to two. Today is one of those days you just kind of clap your hands and say, that's a great win. Dodgers bullpen picked them up when they needed him just enough, and a really good start for River Ryan. Any other situation, the Dodgers. In my opinion, if the Dodgers are up eight and a half in the Division, nine and a half of the Division, if this were three weeks ago, I think Dave Roberts leaves River Ryan out there with the bases loaded in a three to two game.
Speaker 3: Let him figure it out. Let's see what happens.
Speaker 2: If damage is done by Brent Rooker, then you're hoping, Okay, the Dodgers offense will get you back in the game. If you're down, you know, what is it four to two or four to three at that point, or five three, whatever happens, or it's tied up three to three. Worst case it's it's that then you're all right because you let River Ryan go out there and battle through some adversity. But I think with the way the Dodgers have been playing on this road trip, especially and getting to that Marcus seventy five pitches and looking at the Rooker what he's done the first couple of bats against River Ryan, I think it was the perfect move at the time. Seventy five pitches, bases loaded, get a fresh sharp there out there, different r slot with Evan Phillips, a new luck with the sweeper and it worked four pitches to get Rooker looking on a strike three sweeper and get out of the jam. But again, I think if this is different situation, the Dodgers weren't up four and a half games in the division and playing the way they have been on this road trip, striking out as many times as they have and you know, at times looking anemick offensively, and the bullpen having the month of July that they did.
Speaker 3: If that wasn't the case, I truly believe River Ryan.
Speaker 2: Would have gone back out there and got or at least stayed out there with two outs, bases loaded, to see what he could do against a Brent Rooker. As it is, it goes to Evan Phillips. He delivers in the bullpen. After that puts up Zeros as well. Eight six sixth ninet eighty seven two five to seventy fivet let's hear from Evan Phillips what a job he did. He's taking his criticism that sweeper is a nasty pitch when it's working and when it's not, and that sliders flat as well. He gets hit around and he had a rough July, as did the Dodgers collectively. As a bullpen but today Evan Phillip was nail strikes out Brent Rooker with two outs in the bases. Load of jam to go back up to Oakland's here from Evan Phillips after his great job in the fifth.
Speaker 4: I mean, when you look at just your last two outing, especially here in Oakland, do you feel like you've kind of turned the page, gotten back to where you want to be on the mound?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think it's still, you know, generally a work in progress. I think my objective coming to the field every days, you know, been the same Mick. I think we've kind of ironed out like a clear plan moving forward. You know, we clarified that if maybe a week ten days ago, and yeah, she's gonna continue to build on that.
Speaker 3: But definitely feel like I'm in a better spot.
Speaker 4: You find that it's been more mechanical stuff or more kind of I don't know about game plan, but just kind of decision making.
Speaker 6: It's been a little bit of everything, and I think that's, uh, you know, that was one of the most frustrating parts through my hard times that I think if it wasn't one thing, it was another, and piecing it back together just took you know, some diligent work and you had kind of getting under the hood and dissecting things a bit more closely. And yeah, it's been a bit of combo of you know, physical mental, But I think once we got the mental side right and then put a plan in for the physical side, it's coming together pretty quickly that what is a plan like that entailed when.
Speaker 7: You guys are putting it together.
Speaker 6: You know, from the mechanical side, it's just kind of breaking down some video and you know, getting back to you know, certain feels that I had in my delivery that were working for me. Uh, ironing those things out in cash play and getting practice work on the mound before the game, things like that.
Speaker 3: And then the mental side, it's really just a you.
Speaker 6: Know, honest conversation with myself about what I'm trying to do out there and you know, finding my identity again as a pitcher.
Speaker 2: All Right, there's Evan Phillips says he feels like he's in a good spot mentally and physically mechanically. They've been working on some things the last ten days, and yeah, the last two outings in Oakland really well. Today exceptionally well, striking out Brent Rooker on four pitches a sweeper off for a called strike three gets out of a basis loaded jam. That was huge with this Dodgers team just enough offense with three runs in the first three innings that carried them the rest of the ways.
Speaker 3: They go on to get the victory three to two.
Speaker 2: Is there now sixty five and forty seven with the teams behind them in the division also winning today, the Dodgers maintained their four and a half game lead real quick. Before we get to the phones. Rick and Tim mentioned it during the game. Just fantastic news Chelsea Freeman and Freddie Freeman today announcing on their social media pages just about two hours ago during the game that after eight long days in the pediatric ICU, the family's going home. That is awesome news. Young Maximus has a long road ahead of him to regain his strength and we learn how to walk, but they say they are grateful to have their family back together. Thank God for this miracle.
Speaker 3: Amen.
Speaker 2: Also thank you for their incredible team of doctors and angel nurses for taking such good care of their boy, and to their village for helping so much with Charlie and Brandon, their other two kids. Hashtag max strong, So that is certainly great news and continued prayers for their family in the rehab now for young Maximus and the whole entire family as they are now on the road to recovery after eight scary days in the ICU here in a southern California hospital. Prayers have been answered, thank God, and they are going home for recovery now. And as far as Freddy Freeman is concerned, do expect him back to rejoin this Dodger's team. Dave Roberts eluded pregame that could be for this Phillies opener tomorrow night.
Speaker 3: We'll see you know, hey, when the time is right.
Speaker 2: Freddy Freeman will be right family first, and then he'll come back and help out this Dodgers team during the stretch run. Could see him in Dodger uniform tomorrow, could see him tuesday. We'll find out certainly a little bit more in the next twenty four hours, but certainly great news for the Freeman family as they are all going home together, including young Maximus after eight days in the hospital. Let's go out to the phones at eight six, six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy. Let's go to Eric in Hollywood it's going to start things off here on this Sunday afternoon.
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 7: Eric Dodger day.
Speaker 8: Should whoo Tam. I love it when we win, man, it's a great feeling. But it has been a very tough road trip. I want to start off by say Freddy Freeman, that's great news, but you're right having to take all the time in the world. Family, dust come first, baseball will be here and we'll go from there. We just need to get a couple of our ducks in order. Man, these guys need to step up. They have an opportunity to get at bats, to get to play, and these guys are starting to kind of feel it a little bit, you know what. I'm gonna get a chance. Next man up, next man up, next man up. These are the things that we need for a playoff series when when somebody gets hurt, somebody gets can't play a game, that these guys step in and kick butt. But man, I was at the precipice, man, but we weren't mosting Matt. But it's good to see him win thirty thirty four Otadi.
Speaker 7: Wow, Man, that's awesome.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 8: I'm feeling good over here. Tied can't wait for the next team to come up.
Speaker 2: All right, Eric, appreciate it. I feel your excitement. It's good to get a win. The way they did it today was a different way with the bullpen putting Zero's up for four and third innings. Just enough offense from his Dodgers lineup today, three runs in the first three innings. It's all they needed as the Dodgers get the three to two win. Eight sixty six nine seven two five seventy. Andy and Lake Elsnor's next up on Dodge Talk. Welcome, Andy, How you doing?
Speaker 10: Hey Tim? How you doing?
Speaker 7: I just wanted to talk a little bit about it. Pick us on the pitch off Flerty and rollback. They're great. Pick us once again, Andy Friedman, just awesome. I mean that's going to help out a lot. I just I see the results yesterday and then today because the bullpen was fresh what's his name, Phillips and Hudson and that's yeah, they were all able to just throwzzeros up. But it's going to take that the rest of the way. So I'm excited and I can't wait to see what happens the rest of the year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no doubt about it.
Speaker 2: I appreciated Andy Dodgers take two at three in Oakland as they get the series win with the three to two win today they get attend to nothing to win last night. A good job by this Dodgers team, the group that's there right now, certainly a lot of injuries, some new faces that have joined this Dodgers team, especially for this series. You get Michael Kopek joined this Dodgers team. You saw what Jack Flaherty did. I Meta Rosario join this Dodgers team this weekend in Oakland. New faces, a different lineup, especially today with no Will Smith in the lineup. And this guy's just persevered through this road trip and fought to win two to three in Oakland. And I say that because this is an A's team that sure doesn't have the payroll, doesn't have the superstars. Is a team that's in turmoil, leaving to go to Sacramento, without a stadium, without a home in Vegas yet and they're still out there grinding. And they were the one of the best teams in baseball in the month of July. Well, on the flip side, the Dodgers were sub five hundred in the month of July. The bullpen wasn't very good. And the bullpen had just as many innings as the starters did in the month of July.
Speaker 3: So you caught a red.
Speaker 2: Hot Oakland A's team and you take two to three from them, and now you build that momentum as the Dodgers now return home for his six game homestand and three games against the Phillies. I remember when the Dodgers went to Philadelphia on a road trip before the All Star Break, And how big was that three game series in Philadelphia in which the Dodgers kicked it off before they went to the break and went to Detroit for three and they lost all three games in Philadelphia, and it was the end of the world. And it's like, oh, no, the Phillies are the best team in the National League, and the Dodgers can't get past the Phillies and just go ahead and put the Phillies in going to the World Series. No, the Phillies have lost eight of ten. Folks, the Phillies are sixty six and forty five. The Dodgers are sixty five and forty seven. They're virtually neck and neck in wins and losses. And a Dodgers team that's banged up, a Dodgers team that's lost six of ten, and the Phillies team that's banged up has lost eight of ten.
Speaker 3: You're gonna see two teams.
Speaker 2: Wanting to get back on track, and this little momentum the Dodgers have for winning these two games against Oakland will hopefully be something they can carry him into this series opener tomorrow night with Tyler glassnow on the mount eight six sixth ninet eighty seven, two five seventy. Let's go to Brad and Mission Viejo is next up. Brad, welcome, how are you doing on the Sunday afternoon?
Speaker 11: Thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I was fortunate enough to be at the World Series in nineteen seventy four the first time around against the Athletics, and it was by the Blue and Don Sutton in that game, and the Dodgers won their only game of the series that day, three to two.
Speaker 2: That was a that was that was not a fun series for the Dodgers, but certainly a memorable one.
Speaker 3: One of two World Series played up there at the Coliseum.
Speaker 10: Yeah, they thought they got swept, but at least that's a good that's at least they got.
Speaker 11: One game, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good thing.
Speaker 2: You were there, Brad, what about this team? A little momentum they got now with this group of guys, I.
Speaker 10: Like the momentum going into the did they still strike out a lot, but then the real lineup's not back yet, So it's it's guys just got to be a little bit patient with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no doubt, Brad. Appreciate the phone call. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seven. We'll take the time out, we'll come back. We'll get to more of your phone calls, and we're going to give you an update on the guys who are out right now for the Dodgers. How close are they there returning? A couple of them are pretty close. I'll tell you who and where they're at in their recover their road to recovery.
Speaker 3: When we come back. Dodgers get the win three.
Speaker 2: To see you three to two over the Oakland A's as Alex Vessi gets the winning relief, Anthony Bonda gets the save, tenth Dodger this season to record a save as the Dodgers take two and three in Oakland, and now sixty five forty seven more of your phone calls or Dodger Talk on the Sunday afternoon right here in a five seventy ELA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: On AM five seventy LA Sports be anywhere at any time, and you can hear past episodes of Dodger Talk all of those things. Search AM five to seventy on the iHeartRadio app. We're streaming online. We stream every game too.
Speaker 3: Come find it.
Speaker 1: Back to Dodger Talk on AM five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 9: Swims hits the ball of the gap and left center field. That ball is going to get down for a hit and past the center fielder Ba Day around third and coming into score is Hernandez looks around third, he'll score and Key k Hernandez comes up with a two hot, two run double and the Dodgers strike first this afternoon. It is two and to uh now.
Speaker 2: The Dodger scored six runs in the ninth and in the last night part of a ten tonhing to win. They hit the right up today in the first inning, Keiky Hernandez a two run double is tenth of this season.
Speaker 3: RBI is twenty two and twenty three.
Speaker 2: Dodgers took a two to notzing to lead that was gone in the bottom of the first, but The Dodgers retook the lead in the third on a Cabin Bigio RBI single with two outs on an two pitch. Dodgers go on and win it three to two over the Oakland A's Tim Kate's back with you here on Dodger Talk eight six, sixth ninety seven two five seventy. Daniels Jewelers is the official sponsor of the Trip around the Diamond. Stop by any Daniels Jeweler's location and say home run for your free team bracelet at a fifty dollars gift card towards any purchase of ninety nine dollars or more. Daniels Jewelers own the dream. The Dodgers bullpen today well, they claimed ownership of this one four to third combined innings of just one hit baseball six strikeouts.
Speaker 3: Along the way.
Speaker 2: The only hit they gave up was a Sun aided double that Kevin Kiermeyer lost in the Sun and center field in the sixth inning off Blake Trine, and that was it. The Dodgers put up zeros the entire time they were asked to go out there and help out River Ryan, who went four into two thirty eight to give a two run on five hits quickly, let's give you an update on what's happened. It was from as far as some of the Dodgers that are hurt, we mentioned Freddie Freeman expected to be back with the Dodgers in this series against the Phillies. Mookie Betts he has set a well a tentative date of return of August twelfth or August thirteenth, that is either the first day or second game of the next Dodger road trip. So that is good news to see. Mookie Betts is just about what a week eight nine days away from returning to this Dodgers team from the broken hand. Tommy Eman, who the Dodgers acquired at the deadline from the Cardinals, is going to go through a SIM game this week as he works his way back. Walker Bueller he's in Triple A, Oklahoma City on a rehab assignment. He pitched on Friday night. He is scheduled to pitch at least one more time in Triple A, Oklahoma City before the Dodgers got to make a decision on what to do with Walker Bueller and bringing him back to the rotation, maybe make him out of the bullpen, whatever they need. To do, give him more rehab assignments. They got to figure something out with Walker after his next rehab appearance. Ryan Brazier, Michael Grove, and Bruce dark All in the minor leagues at Oka see pitching multiple days, pitching out of the bullpen and working their way back to help out this Dodgers' bullpen, and sounds like Michael Grove out of the three relievers, Michael Grove is probably first up in returning and from I understand it could be this week on this homestand that we see Michael Grove returning to the Dodgers' bullpen. So yes, the Dodgers added some pieces at the bullpen. The Dodgers hoping to get a lot of these pieces back now after injuries the second half of the season. So we'll start to see some of some familiar faces out there in the Dodgers lineup with Freddie Freeman coming back and Max Munsey hopefully on the horizon, and Mookie Betts coming back.
Speaker 3: On the next road trip, Let's go out to Don in the City of Industry. Welcome Don.
Speaker 5: How you doing, Jim Kates, Mister Kates goes to Oakland, Oh Man, you gotta love it. I'm so happy, you know, we pull this one out and h first man just shouts out to Freddie Freeman and his family. God bless little Max. He's a fighter like his dad. Good for him and hopefully all doing well.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 5: What about Otani Otani sound the big fish? It's you bonds skillful, thirty and thirty and counting. Yikes, Who knows where he could get by the end of the season. Tim, I'm feeling good. I'm feeling good. I had a touch base with my man, Tim Kates.
Speaker 2: All right, don great to hear your voice as always. Thirty thirty for Shoho Tani, I honestly think he gets to forty forty. It's not like I'm going out on a limon saying that. I just look at how much times left in the season. It's August fourth. We've virtually got, you know, two months left in play here in August and all of September. For Shoeo Tani to get to forty forty, that is something I believe, barring an injury, let's hope that doesn't happen, he's going to get to I think get to very easily. He's sitting on thirty three home runs he's sitting on thirty one stolen bases. He can hit seven home runs and get nine more stolen bases. That's something I truly believe he can do over the next two months. And to get to forty forty, that is rare in Major League Baseball. I mean, thirty thirty is pretty impressive, and the Dodgers have only had two players do that in their history, ral Mondessey and Matt Kemp. Ral Mondessey did it twice. Now Shoheo Tani is the third member of the Dodger organization to do that. But keep in mind the forty to forty club in Major League Baseball, the history of the game, forty home runs, forty stolen bases, the history of baseball, one hundred thirty years of baseball, and you've got five players who have done it Jose Canseco, Barry Bonds, Alex Rodriguez, Alfonso Soriano, and last year Ronald Lacuna Junior. Five players in the history of baseball have done forty forty and it's about to be six this year with Shohio Tani getting to forty forty. I believe some point this year, eight sixty six nine eighty seven to two five. It's going to Jonathan and Pomona's next up here on Dodger Talking.
Speaker 3: Welcome Jonathan, how are you hi? What's going on again?
Speaker 12: Good?
Speaker 13: I want to talk to you about Will Smith, him betting too, and him playing behind the plate. I feel like two is a little two down there with him playing behind the plate because he takes he takes him lot of catches. He works hard behind the play and all the gear, and it's it's been hot and he finally got a day off today. So that's just what I want to talk to you about, and also about do you know when Mookie's coming back or any updates on him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mookie's gonna come back on the next road trip either Monday or Tuesday next week when the Dodgers hit the road. That's his timetable that he has set. So we'll see if he's able to stay on that same timetable and returned. It sounds like it's pretty much on schedule as to where he was projected to come back after this broken hand. But you're right on, Jonathan. I appreciate the phone call. I think you're kind of spot on there about Will Smith. Being's so high in the line Wheneverody everybody comes back and the normal slots are filled with Mookie, you know, Tony and Freddie Freeman, will Smith's going to drop back to either cleanup or five spot. You might even see tay Oscar back cleanup and Will Smith dropped to the five spot. If Max Mountz comes back, you want to add another left handed bat out there, maybe Will Smith can drop to the sixth spot. That's a pretty potent lineup. If you've got Will Smith went healthy that in sixth, that's a lot of damage that's going to get done. And I think you're spot on, Jonathan, you know your baseball young man. That Yeah, that's a lot of wear and tear on Will Smith and it gets him more at bats certainly. But if dropping him in the lineup would ease a little bit of that burning on him playing two out of a three games in a series, then by all means that's something they need to do.
Speaker 3: But I think that they can't do that at this point just.
Speaker 2: Based on where they need his bat in the lineup, without Freddie Freeman, without Max Mounty, without course Mookie Betts. But that's going to change when those guys come back and The first is going to be Freddie Freeman on this series against the Phillies coming up here beginning tomorrow, and then Mookie Bets on the next road trip eight ninety seven seventy.
Speaker 3: It's got a Javier in la Is next up. Javier, Welcome to Dodge Talk.
Speaker 14: Hey Tam, hope you having a good day. I do want to ask you one quick question once everyone comes back. I would say, like, what, like the end of August, how do you suggest that outfield that's gonna look like? Would you keep Ahmed at shorter? Would you keep Mookie at short.
Speaker 3: It's a great question.
Speaker 2: I think that's a first world problem to have if you're the Dodgers, is what to do with all these healthy bodies once they are all back, and once they are all back, even including Miguel Rojas. You mentioned nick on met At playing shortstop. He could be a player off the bench. You're only gonna have twenty six spots, so the guys you're seeing right now, there's not gonna be a lot of room. Nick on met was signed because they needed desperately somebody to play short stop every day. When they get Miguel Rojas back, when Mookie Betts comes back. Is there a role in a spot for nick on met on this team? We'll find out. What about Calvin b Show, he's starting to get things going. Where does he fit? I mean he can play BOLTI positions. He's sort of her Chris Taylor. But if Chris Taylor's back healthy, where does he fit? And Cavin Bigio and Keiki a Hernandez, You're gonna have only twenty six spots in reality, only a few bench spots with your everyday starters.
Speaker 3: You got more bodies than you need.
Speaker 2: So it's gonna be a situation where we're gonna see some of these guys playing right now and starting every day right now may not be with this team because when the regular guys get back, they just won't have any room on the roster for them. But as far as the outfield is concerned.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't mind. I wouldn't hate it.
Speaker 2: If Wilkie Betts was playing the outfield again. If Gavin Lux can stay at second base, and you can keep a Miguel Rojas at shortstop. I mean Mickey Row when he was playing short plays a good defensive spot for you and offensively can get it done. He's seen him hit the home run. He can put the ball in play. He can certainly manufacturing runs for you. I don't think that's a bad guy to have a shortstop playing every day in September and going into October, no doubt about it. But again, first world problems if you're the Dodgers to have an abundance of players and only a certain amount of rosters going into a healthy roster in September and to October. Dodgers get the win today three to two over the Oakland a Is Cavin Beeshield, one of those guys we're talking about. An RBI single with an O two count and two outs in the third inning, delivers gives the Dodgers a three to two lead, scoring Jason Hayward, who I know has been struggling at the plate, but he scores on a hustle play to give the Dodgers the three to two lead, and the Dodgers bullpen proves to be the difference, putting up zeros after having Phillips Blake trying, Alex Vesia, Daniel Hudson, an Anthi Bonda come in for the Dodgers. Can we real quick here from River Ryan Colin, what do you think we have time to do that. River Ryan made his third start today for the Dodgers, give up a two run home run the first inning, with four and two third innings, two runs, five hits, four strikeouts, got bailed out of a jam by Evan Phillips with the bases loaded in two outs by Phillips striking out Brent Rooker. Let's head back up to Oakland. Let's hear from River Ryan after his performance today.
Speaker 4: Hi, River, just when you look at this outing today and kind of how'd you feel out there? And just how would you assess how it went?
Speaker 12: Yeah, going into the game, warming up in the bullpen, I kind of knew I wasn't gonna my best stuff today. I felt a little tired, but I just went out there and tried to execute the best my ability and give our team a chance to win.
Speaker 1: What do you think led to just?
Speaker 11: What was it?
Speaker 4: Body tiredness?
Speaker 3: I guess what do you think maybe led to that?
Speaker 1: Going into it?
Speaker 12: I really don't know, just kind of one of those days I had to fight through it, but was able to do that and we got.
Speaker 2: The w So of those things that Dave States kind of pushed you further than you've pitched with the while Is that sort of like.
Speaker 3: Something me bouncing back from that feeling that a little bit?
Speaker 12: I mean, there's a chance, but I mean it's just it was at the end of the day, You're gonna have good days and have bad days. Some days you're not gonna have your best stuff, and today was one of those days. But I knew going out there all I had to do was try to execute and give our team best chance to win the game.
Speaker 3: And I feel like I did that.
Speaker 4: Is it encouraging just knowing when you don't feel like you have your best stuff only in giving up two runs, Is that's it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, that's It's definitely nice.
Speaker 12: Like I said a minute ago, you just got to go out there when you're not feeling your best and just try to execute and kind of let them get themselves out. But yeah, it's really nice knowing I didn't have my best stuff and was able to get through it today with just two runs.
Speaker 2: All Right, there's river Ryan didn't have his best stuff, tie, but goes out there and gives the Dodgers four and two third innings, two runs, five hits, four strikeouts, and he gets a no decision. But the Dodgers get the victory over the Oakland A's. Let's wrap things up with isy Isy the Dodgers get the win too, straight over the A's. You gotta be feeling good, huge, huge series against the Phillies coming up.
Speaker 15: Yeah, well, you know what, I can't hope they at least win two hours three but my kids and she lives in Philly and she's a Philly thing now anyways, but yeah, anyway, yeah, I gotta deal with that with her during the holiday. But anyway, Yeah, it's fine. So I'm still done. I've been done Puss in Detroit now, so anyway, but yeah, hey, I'm happy. I you know, I know they've been too injury and what they need is I'm glad there. I'm fledging three minutes and it's I'm back home.
Speaker 10: That's the most important thing.
Speaker 15: So we'll move to get back and the dog. He'll be back. They'll be fine. But I'm still done, Tim, so heyway all right, Yeah, we'll find.
Speaker 3: Out how this series goes. Let's hope they can win it for you.
Speaker 2: So you have a control over your cousin there, who's a big, big bragging rights over her from Philadelphia. So if that's one reason for the Dodgers to win. It's for Izzy Tad bragging rights over her cousin.
Speaker 3: So I don't know.
Speaker 2: Why she's done Colin. I don't know why she says she's done with the Dodgers. I get the frustration before the All Star break, but they went one, six to seven to start at home that the opening series. Certainly, a three and five road trip is a tough thing for the Dodgers. But you in on a winning note and you win too, straight over the Oakland A's and now you come back to Dodger Stadium. You're going to get back Freddie Freeman next road trip. Mookie Betts is on the horizon schedule to come back. You're gonna start seeing more of these Dodger bullpen arms like Michael Grove and Bruce dark Grattarol and Ryan Brasier made their return as well. So time to be positive and big things on the horizon for the Dodgers is they get healthy here in August and the down the final stretch. That's going to do it for Dodger Talk, many thanks to you for being a part of the show. Many thanks to you for listening. Thanks for podcasting as well. On the iHeartRadio app or wherever you download your podcast.
Speaker 3: We appreciate it and they's to Colin ye as always.
Speaker 2: Dodgers get the win three to two over the Oakland A's and much needed and win for this Dodgers team to finish off this three and five road trip.
Speaker 3: They take two to three in Oakland.
Speaker 2: Final time ever they'll play at the Oakland Memorial Coliseum.
Speaker 3: Played two World Series.
Speaker 2: There in nineteen seventy four Game five with the nineteen eighty eight World Series, they celebrated on that field with Oral Hertscheizer, Tommy Lsorda, Steve Sacks, Rix Rick Dempsey and crew Mickey Hatcher the whole game celebrating.
Speaker 3: There in Oakland.
Speaker 2: Today Dodgers celebrate a win, a three to two victory over the Oakland Ames in the final game ever in Oakla. The first game that was there game three. This is nineteen seventy four World Series. He A's won three to two. Well, the Dodgers win the final game ever three to two until tomorrow night Marougo Casino. Dodgers on deck at six o'clock.
Speaker 3: First pitch is seven to ten.
Speaker 2: Tyler Glass now on the mound. Have a great safe rest of your Sunday afternoon. Stay cool out there.
Speaker 3: So he had father faith than the souls.