Speaker 1: God channeling is dinner clerk, get them dives.
Speaker 2: Make's the cat backhand sign Dustin off that gold.
Speaker 3: Globe said, you want my spot, Come and get it.
Speaker 4: Wanna take a shot.
Speaker 5: We're waiting for you.
Speaker 6: Beink.
Speaker 3: You're looking real hot.
Speaker 2: Come and get it.
Speaker 4: We're here.
Speaker 5: The road comes through La.
Speaker 4: Come get it.
Speaker 2: If you won't it, I got it.
Speaker 1: Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 4: Dot it best? Overall?
Speaker 1: Miss Dan Klas Padre's fans can line up to kiss our.
Speaker 4: Ring. You gotta do what I do if you won't my spot.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Dodgers on Tech. Now your host walking you up to first pitch.
Speaker 1: Tim Kas everybody, and good afternoon, Happy Saturday.
Speaker 3: I hope you're enjoying your weekend.
Speaker 1: Welcome into Morongo Casino Dodgers on decas your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers fifty two and thirty one on this season, best record in baseball, winners of five in a row. They're undefeated on this road trip, and they're in Kansas City for a game two of this three game weekend set against the Royals. Show hey Otani on the mound in this game for the Dodgers first pitch from the k is coming up at one ten coming up.
Speaker 3: Over the next hour here on Morongo.
Speaker 1: Casino, Dodgers on deck. We got a lot to get to here. We're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. What are the expectations for show, hey Otani in this start today, his third since coming back from elbow surgery. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vesego's one on one with Alex Vesia, Dodger reliever. We got your Dodgers magical moment. We got an update on the Dodgers injury situation. In just a few minutes, we'll check in with Tim Neverett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: Out the Gallpin Motors Broadcast booth.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: Last night, Dustin May got the start a rocky four Indians at which he gave up four runs on six HiT's through eighty four pitches, just forty six for strikes. The Dodgers offense gave him an instant lead. Tani e lead off home run in the first is eight lead off home run of the season, number twenty nine on the year, and the Dodgers led one to nothing, but Salvador Perez an RBI single in the bottom of the first that even things up at one. In the second, the Dodgers yet again gave Dustin maya lead, this time thanks to Max Munsey.
Speaker 7: Three won the Mounsie.
Speaker 4: He swings.
Speaker 7: It's a high fly ball deep center field. It's heading back to the wall and is god it's a homer. Another one as Maxwell swings the silver hammer in Kansas City. He's done it again, Mounsey with his thirteenth home run and the Dodgers lead at three to one.
Speaker 8: Did we mention the sound when the ball hits the bat and you hit it solidly, There's something very distinctive about it.
Speaker 1: He crushed it over four hundred feet to straightaway center field, number thirteen on this season for Max Munsey, a two run shot, his fourth home run in his last four games.
Speaker 3: Dodgers up three to one.
Speaker 1: However, Dustin May would give back those runs and the lead as the Royal score three in the bottom of the second to go up four to three. Dustin May went the four innings, turned it over to the Dodgers' bullpen, who put up zeros, all of them Luis Garcia, Lou Trevino, Anthony Bonda, Alex Vessi and then Tanner Scott. The Dodgers would grab the lead in the fifth show, Hey Otani and RBI triple that tied the game at four. Then Mookie Betts and RBI single game of five to four lead. With that lead, the Dodgers' bullpen put up those zeros and it got to the ninth inning a little hairy for Tanner Scott. One out, bases loaded and Jack Kaglione up to.
Speaker 7: Bat, Hitch to Caglion. He swing hits the ground bowl. In a second, Edmond goes to pets one on the first it's.
Speaker 2: Low dugout thy Freeman. He's got it.
Speaker 5: And the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: They win this game.
Speaker 7: We're gonna possibly have a challenge, and we'll not have the challenge. Kansas City was looking at it. And a double play ends in with the bases loaded, and you can exhale.
Speaker 1: No challenge needed when you got Freddy Freeman at first base stretch makes the scoop hangs onto the ball on the pick on the one hot from Mookie Bets from second base. Double play converted. Dodgers hang on for a five to four win over the Kansas City Royals last night Luke Trevino gets the winning relief of Dustin may Tanner. Scott hangs on to get his eighteenth save of the season, his eight straight successful save as the Dodgers c show hel Tani go two for three in RBI triple a home run, on base three times. The Dodgers had four hits in the game. In all four of those hits drove in runs. As the Dodgers improved to fifty two and thirty one on this season, they're leading the division now six and a half games over the Giants, seven games over the San Diego Padres, and today they give the ball to show Hey O Tawny, Game two of this three game weekend set from Kansas City. First pitch of one ten and with more we head out to the the Galloping Motors broadcast booth as we say good afternoon to Tim Neverett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Guys, Tim, thanks very much.
Speaker 7: It's a warm Saturday afternoon and Kansas City here at Kaufman Stadium, the Dodgers and the Royals getting set for the middle frame of this three game set. A thriller here last night five to four. The Dodgers would hang on and win, but Kansas City loaded the basis with one out and the big double play hit into by Jack Caglion and the play that saved the game Freddie Freeman at first base with that scoop. And that was a part of the game, but certainly the most memorable part is how it ended.
Speaker 8: I tell you what, that was just a scintillating play and just watching some of the work earlier today, neither ball club took banning practice for the Dodgers as they normally did. They took some defense on the field, in particular with the infield and just watching them practice the double play balls. It paid off last night to end the ball game.
Speaker 7: So today show heel Tani will make the start. He will make his third Star all right of the season. And Dave Robert's telling us just a short time ago, as long as there's not too much stress in the first inning, they want to try to get him through two innings today, continue his progression.
Speaker 8: You know what we've also seen. We have seen the emergence of velocity also with Otani. I understand, yes, the emotions and the adrenaline, no question about that. He's averaging over the first two outings that we have seen ninety eight point six. We've also seen him touch one hundred miles an hour more so than looking.
Speaker 4: At the velocity.
Speaker 8: That's nice to have, But put that aside, the fact that he's had pretty good command of the strike zone and moving things around and throwing the splitter on top of it is rather impressive.
Speaker 7: And oh not to mention a five game hitting streak another home run last night. Offensively, he's gotting it done. But here's the difference with Otani today. His first two starts were at home, so he was on the mound first. He came from the bullpen onto the mound, pitched the inning, then went to the dugout and got ready to hit.
Speaker 4: Today's going to be the opposite.
Speaker 7: He'll come out of the bullpen after warming up, go to the plate first, and then see how the first inning turns out, then go out to the mound.
Speaker 5: It'll be a little bit different.
Speaker 7: And Dave Roberts was saying that they're going to ask him afterward how it is on the road as opposed to home.
Speaker 8: I would imagine it's going to be much better because one of the big benefits he's had at home is that Dodger bat boys have had all of his gear, elbow pads, batting gloves, helmet, you name it. They've had everything ready for him. When he would start on the mound, come back to the dugout. Never did go into the dugout. Everything was done near the on deck circle. Well, today he has a chance to warm up, come into the dugout, relax a little bit, didn't put on the batting gloves, and well, he did pretty well last night. The leadoff home run in the top of the first inning.
Speaker 7: He was amazing. We know how well Max months he's playing. He had another home run last night. But another left handed bat back in the lineup who's been playing better lately, and that's Michael Conforto. He changed his bat recently and it's paid off.
Speaker 8: He's changed the bat. He's also changed a little bit of his stance, a little bit more of a lake kick. But he's feeling comfortable the bat. Will talk about it during the ball game. He just has a better balance. He's ordered a slightly lighter bat, and there's so much confidence that has to go into hitting, just as Freddy Freeman right now, because he's looking for the confidence. I'll say this about Freddy. I'm beginning to see some better swings from him. I don't think it's going to be too long. Hopefully here today he breaks out of it. And when he does, Katie bar the door and some of the pictures are going to be wondering, where's this slup we heard.
Speaker 7: About that son Kim's been out of the lineup for a while. He's back today at second base and not in the outfield, and the Dodgers looking for him to be a spark plug at the bottom of the order.
Speaker 8: I just watched him again take some ground bowls earlier this afternoon. I commented looking at video during the off season when he signed how much range he had, in particular going up the middle to the backhand side. Not only that, but has a very strong throwing arm. He's kind of fun to watch at second base.
Speaker 7: So the Dodgers have won five in a row eleven of the last thirteen. They built a six and a half game lead in the division. Meantime, the Royals have lost eleven straight at home. They have never lost twelve straight in franchise history. That could happen today if the Dodgers have a big day show. Hey Otani starts for the Dodgers. Seth logo, the right hander will go for Kansas City.
Speaker 4: Tim All right, thank you.
Speaker 1: Guys, Dodger fantas we count you down to first pitch, get that game day meal on. Yeah, it's lunchtime. How about Shaky's Pizza Parlor. You're gonna order it right now, Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 3: We're off and running here on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 1: Coming up over the next hour, you're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We'll check in with David Vesti, who can also see on Sports in at LA this weekend. We'll dive deeper to this pitchy matchup. But up next you're Tani rewind A. We'll to hear from Mookie Pets. That's all coming up as we lead you up to first bitch. Dodgers and royalswin Kansas City Show. Hey, Otani on the mount, first pitch of one ten, Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kass, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio know it.
Speaker 2: You will this this Morongo Casino Dodgers hunt on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and Royals from Kansas City on this Saturday afternoon, showy Otani, seth Lugo the pitching man chump.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at one ten.
Speaker 2: This is the Otani rewide.
Speaker 4: Run totals have been way down.
Speaker 7: Here's the whine of the pitch, and show Hey swings and hammers one deep right center going back on it is caglion. He looks up and has gone that's a home run to lead off the ball game one nothing Dodgers. It is showtime early in Kansas City. In the pitch, he swings and belts at into the gap in right center field. That's gonna split the outfielders. He'll be able to run for a while. He came round second on his way to third, touch us third. He comes in to tie the game. Here comes Otani into third with a run scoring triple. Otani ties the game with his seventh triple of the season.
Speaker 5: It is four to four.
Speaker 1: Show Hey Otani last night as the leadoff hitter and designated hit her two for three. The RBI triple there in the fifth inning to tie it and in the first a lead off home run is twenty ninth on the season. His eighth leadoff home run of the year. He's on base three times, including the walk as the Dodgers beat the Royals last night five to four. The Dodgers had four hits, two of which came from Shoeo Tani, Max Muntzi a two run home run. Mookie Betts came up huge in the fifth inning with an RBI single with two outs to give the Dodgers a five to four lead, and afterwards talk with Davids, Mookie, what.
Speaker 9: A way to end the game tonight, game ending double playing with the snow cone scoop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that Freddy.
Speaker 10: Freddy does a really good job over there. All I gotta do is throw it in the vicinity and he always catch it.
Speaker 9: You're doing better than that, Mookie. For you to be able to come up big with the bat is one thing tonight, But then to do it again with the glove, this seems.
Speaker 5: To be not a big deal anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I've learned to really enjoy playing defense.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 10: I really just get lost out there and lost in a good way. Like I'm just in my element and so I have a lot of fun.
Speaker 9: For you to come up with the go ahead base sit after Otani triples in the tying run, for you to find any way right now to drive in runs.
Speaker 5: It must be a good feeling.
Speaker 10: Yeah, HiT's a kind of hard to come by right now. But I just got to keep swinging, man, and hopefully they fall and we just jump on show Hayes back and Hill take.
Speaker 3: Us to the promised Lang.
Speaker 9: Oh, please stop that aggressive early in the count on that base hit.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean I I mean the guy throws higher, throws hard now, so you can't really can't keep falling behind.
Speaker 9: All right, we'll see you back out here. Don't forget, don't sleep. Oh my guy, Mookie bets right here. He came up big with the glove and the bat tonight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, last night he had that big hit in the fifth inning and to give the Dodgers a league with two outs in the top half of the fifth inning. Dodgers Baseball's brought to you by Cars for Kids. Are you ready to donate your old car? Call each seven seven Cars for Kids right now for the agents standing by to take your donations. That's Cars with the K to donate your car today, still to come here on Dodgers on Deck David Vatago's one on one with Alive. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup with show Hey Otani on the mound. You've got your injury report though, next and we hear from the manager Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers in Royals from Kansas City on this Saturday show Hey Otani on the mound.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim kas Is.
Speaker 1: The world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All season log.
Speaker 1: Marago Casino Dodgers on Deck intinues on this Saturday. As we are leaning you up to first pitch from Kansas City Dodgers at the Royals Moroco Casino Resort and Spa, a grand slam for good times. Show, Hey Otani on the mound. First pitch from the k in Kansas City, coming up at one ten.
Speaker 2: This is the LA Dodgers injury report.
Speaker 1: President of my UCLA Healthy official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers, Tony Gonsolon on the sixty day IL. Tyler Glass now on the IL made in a minor league rehab start last night in Oklahoma City. Blake Snell and Blake Trinan today throwing bullpens. According to Dave Roberts, they are back here in Los Angeles. They're getting closer to throwing the live hitters. No date for that yet. Roki Sasaki on the IL says he's feeling good according to Dave Roberts, but still TBD on what is next for him in his ramp up to return. All right, speaking of return, let's return to Kansas City as we check out with the Dodgers skipt.
Speaker 5: Dave, do you think the questions for Dave?
Speaker 4: Dave? Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 2: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts show.
Speaker 9: Hey Otani on the mound today, you kind of mentioned that he may be going further than an inning.
Speaker 5: What is the gradual step up today?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so he's gonna go Uh, it's going to be he's going to get into the second inning if if you know, if that first inning doesn't get too stressful or not efficient inefficient.
Speaker 4: So the plan is he's going to go two for us today.
Speaker 9: Is it a more real conversation to talk about him leading off or not leading off when he starts to get into being a normal.
Speaker 5: Starter out of the rehab process.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yes, I think right now, certainly it's going to be hot out there. You know. I mentioned the conversation I had with him about hitting lead off, which he feels very comfortable still doing. So that's going to be fluid as far as kind of his position in the order and kind of how we use.
Speaker 4: Him on the hitting side. With the pitching.
Speaker 9: You got Kim at second base today, Are you looking to get him more of a runway at that position?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think that, you know, having Kim, I just want to give Tommy a day off. I want to get Haysong in there and going forward some opportunities to get you know, hey, Song, some more opportunities to play some second base.
Speaker 4: I mean Tommy could certainly.
Speaker 6: Now Tommy's gonna start playing some more outfield, you know, going forward.
Speaker 8: With Annie easier to do on the road.
Speaker 4: Make a difference, you know what.
Speaker 6: I I don't know that answer, and I think that obviously the I can have we can have our thoughts on it home road. I'd like to know that from show hey, to be quite honest, you know, because you know, to warm up in the pen, to come into the dugout, be the first hit of a ballgame, to then go take the mound versus warm up in the pen, come in the dugout, take the mound and then go right to the on deck circle. I don't know, it's more challenging. I probably should ask him.
Speaker 1: All right, there's Dave Roberts. Yeah, today is going to be different for show Hey. Batting lead off for the Dodgers, but doing that in the top half of the first inning and then coming into pitch, not having to pitch, and then come in right away, throw the gear on as a hitter, and then go out and hit. So we'll see how it affects him, how he does, and I'm sure they'll get the data and the feedback from show Hey after today's game.
Speaker 3: Move on from there.
Speaker 1: We'll see how long he pitches today, hopefully two plus innings. We'll find out together. As we leave you up to first pitch here on this Saturday from Kansas City, and we continue here on Ronco Casino Dodgers on Deck, we will check.
Speaker 3: In with the David vast Say, I'm Tim Katson.
Speaker 1: This is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: As we were saying, yes, is Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers in Kansas City for a three game weekend set with the Royals.
Speaker 3: They won last night five to four.
Speaker 1: Show hey Otani goes today in game two of his three game is set from the K.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at one.
Speaker 2: Ten, joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 2: This is Dodger insider David Bai.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and David now joins us from the K in Kansas City Coffin Stadium. David, it's a big one for the Dodgers, and it's a big day for show Hey Otani, who makes his third start in at Dodger uniform. What can we expect today? What's the ultimate goal for him out there?
Speaker 5: Well, the biggest news Dave Roberts just said it. Tim.
Speaker 9: You heard him say that O'tani is expected to go two innings today for the Dodgers, and that makes sense after his first two starts an inning a piece, the slow gradual build up.
Speaker 5: Now to two.
Speaker 9: Innings today he is leading off and look, it's all dictated by the game.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 9: You know, in his first start he went one inning, but through twenty eight twenty nine pitches, Dave Roberts told me after that game he was not going to allow him to throw more than thirty pitches in that one inning. So that's the plan. But Otani's got to be efficient in that first inning and not allow the pitch count to get too high so he can see the second inning.
Speaker 1: David is driven by your Southern California Ford Dealers in the twenty twenty five Ford f one to fifty from California's best selling truck brand. It's time to see Ford and at new light take advantage of employee pricing through the end of June. Last night, Tanner Scott got bailed out of a basis loaded jam thanks to Freddie Freeman's glove at first base on the double play. Tanner Scott, though, overall, David kind of feels like he's right at the ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: And I was talking to one of the Dodgers pitching coaches, Connor McGinnis, earlier today, and he actually validated some of the things that we have said about Tanner Scott coming over to the Dodgers big contract closing for the Marlins, where they were kind of protecting him because they wanted to trade him last year. Significantly different environment than coming in to be the closer for the Dodgers, And if you think back to the last four or five years, Tim Kenley Jansen has really been the only real Dodger closer. They've kind of moved around different guys from Craig Kimberl to maybe Evan Phillips being a part timer with Blake Trinen. So really Kenley Jansen has been the real true closer for the Dodgers, and rightfully so. He has the most saves in Dodger history. But Tanner Scott now is adjusting to this new world and the expectations and the stage of being the closer for the Dodgers. Not to mention, if you look at it, he already has appeared in forty games, and if you look at his career statistics, his first half of the season has not been as good as it has been with the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: David Freddy Freeman, the struggle is real right now for a guy who's still hitting over three hundred on the season.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Freddy's very sad these days.
Speaker 3: Tim.
Speaker 9: I mean, he is looking for anything, a handshake, a hug, anything right now. And you know, I'm depressed just watching him when he comes out and he's kind of mopey. I mean, he really takes it hard when he's not getting hits. And this is the longest we have seen Freddie Freeman being a slump in his time in Major League Baseball. And Freddie Freeman now is only hitting a buck thirty eight with zero extra base hits over the last fifteen games. It's the longest streak without an extra base hit in his sixteen year Hall of Fame career. So obviously we have never seen this. Freddie has never experienced it, and Dave Roberts is trying to manage it real quick.
Speaker 1: Dave Dalton rushing behind the plate today, is that just because of the way the schedule lines up day game after a night game. Is Showy comfortable with him behind the plate?
Speaker 5: Well, think about this.
Speaker 9: Rushing's a left handed hitter, right handed pitcher, seth logo on the mound.
Speaker 5: Today.
Speaker 9: Tomorrow the Dodgers are going to face a lefty. Will Smith crushes lefty, so they feel like this was the day to play rushing for the offensive part of it. And Otani's only going to be there for two innings and he knows benk Caspiraus really well.
Speaker 1: All right, day appreciate it. We'll check with you just a little bit later. Coming up here on Wrongo because you know Dodgers on deck. We'll hear from Alex Vesia, Dodger reliever. He's been really good in lockdown situations. Will also dive deeper into this pitching matchup. But up next your Dodgers Magical moment as we lead you up to Dodgers and Royals on this Saturday from Kansas City show, Hey Otani, he makes the start. I'm Tim Keats's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is Wrongo Casino Dodgers Huntings on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and the Kansas City Royals on this Saturday afternoon show, Hey Otani making his way to the bullpen. Is he starts to warm up, he gets the start today his third Dodger uniform seth Luke.
Speaker 3: We'll go for Kansas City, first pitch in the k coming up at one ten.
Speaker 7: Without a hot Dog.
Speaker 2: Who went a hot cod It's time for the Hawfey Magical Moment. Ditch Magical presented by Hawpey hot Dogs.
Speaker 3: Well, the Dodgers taking on the Royals.
Speaker 1: We go back to July ninth, twenty seventeen, Dodgers taking on the Kansas City Royals at Dodger Stadium in the final game before the All Star Break. That day, Clayton Kershaw was great.
Speaker 5: Three balls, two strikes and two outs.
Speaker 12: Kershaw's ninety ninth pitch here it comes twe on and missed strike three. Kershaw strikes out his thirteenth his first complete game of the year, the twenty fifth of his career, and at the All Star Break, the Dodgers have the best record in baseball.
Speaker 5: There's sixty one and twenty nine.
Speaker 12: The last time thirty two over five hundred.
Speaker 4: You have to go.
Speaker 5: Back thirty nine years when.
Speaker 12: The Dodgers in nineteen seventy eight were ninety one and fifty nine in the middle of September. Here it is the end of the second.
Speaker 5: Week of July.
Speaker 1: Clayton Kershaw on that July day, a complete game against the Royals, thirteen strikeouts, zero walks, a game that took two hours and sixteen minutes before.
Speaker 3: The pitch clock.
Speaker 1: By the way, Clayton Kershaw since then has not thrown a complete game since. How about that This Hofey magical moment brought to you by Hoffey hot Dogs. Haffey so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hafty hot Dogs, Local and so great. When we continue here on Todgers on Tech, check back on Rick Monday, we lead you up to first pitch from Kansas Any Dodgers and Royals. I'm Sim Kays's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the all season.
Speaker 1: Long Dodgers in Kansas City this weekend on this six game road trip with sweep in Colorado. I took the series opener last night against the Royals five to four. Show Io Tani gets to start today first pitch from Kaufman Stadium, coming up at one ten.
Speaker 2: And now joined by David Basse. Here's LA Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Rick Game two of this three game series.
Speaker 9: Yesterday, Dave Roberts said, the Dodgers did not playing clean baseball, but certainly the Royals gave the Dodgers their best shot.
Speaker 8: Well they did, and I think that really the tone was said, you started to look at that double played into the ball game last night.
Speaker 4: I mean, that was absolutely terrific.
Speaker 8: And if you look how it was turned over ground ball that's hit the Edmund he feeds to a Damookie Benz and then bench that low throw dugout. Just terrific play by Freddy Freeman. A back end didn't know if the Royals were going to challenge the cal little surprise that they didn't, because if they don't, the game's over. And if they do, even you know, there's a slim chance that they could have said, hey, the ball was a little loose into Freddy Freeman's glove. That was not the case. So the Dodgers, you know, you win ball games. The other part too, is we notice, and we've said this for a long time, if you make mistakes against good teams, and the Dodgers are a very good team, you make mistakes, you're going to pay the price.
Speaker 9: And that scoop by Freddy Freeman on a low throw by Mookie Bets. I know Freddy is not happy these days, rick with his hitting. He's in a prolonged slump, but he still does things like that to help you win a game.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and that's that's the whole key to Freddie Freeman. You know, in spite of the fact, yes he's struggling. In the last fifteen games, hitting gets won thirty nine. But for Freddy Freeman, you can ink his name into the lineup. Depends on where you're going to have him. You'll bat third this afternoon against Seth Lugo is going to go for the Royals. But he's a big guy to have in your lineup. And I've said this and I said it again last night in the broadcast. Freeman is getting closer and closer with some of the swings that he is taking. I talked to him the other day on the airplane and he knows he's getting closer. Still frustrating. When he gets back on track, there's going to be a high price for the pitchers because he's going to come back with vengeance.
Speaker 9: I know he's waiting for that. The dead fish handshake did not work. A hug from Eric Carross did not work. But you obviously have had the highs of highs and the lows of lows as a player. How much does sitting and watching a day help you get out of your own head in these situations?
Speaker 4: To be honest, I don't know.
Speaker 8: It depends upon the makeup of the player and Freddie Freeman has a special makeup.
Speaker 4: He understands.
Speaker 8: He challenges himself each and every day. You can tell that by the number of games that he plays in the way that he plays the game. Some guys, you know, you need to take a breather or it helps you maybe to take a breather just to exhale inhale, kind of cleanse the mind, if you will. Other guys know running back out there. For Freeman does not like to sit and watch games, No.
Speaker 5: He really doesn't.
Speaker 9: But tomorrow Lefty is on the mound and Dave Roberts said he is considering having Freddie sit and watch tomorrow.
Speaker 8: Here's what's gonna happen. Freeman will get three hits today and he really feel good about himself. Come to the ballpark tomorrow and Freeman will be in the Dave Roberts office. Say no, no, no, I'm breaking out of it.
Speaker 4: Leave me in there.
Speaker 8: This is how things kind of happen, And it's fun to be around the guys and see how they respond to different things.
Speaker 9: One guy that's broken out since mid May after going to see your guy, doctor lou his eyes have been fixed.
Speaker 5: Max Munsey, another home run yesterday.
Speaker 8: Everybody's eyes are fixed on Max Muncie. Here's the story with Max Bunzie. We're talking about record setting pace at the present time. Since the thirty first of May, Max Bunsey, first of all, has three games with six or more RBIs. He has three multi home run games. He has two games with seven or more RBIs. He has two games with multiple three run or more home runs. He has two Grand slams.
Speaker 4: Is that good? Well?
Speaker 8: Since May thirty first for Max Munsey. You know, there's only one other player in Major League Baseball history that has done all of those individual things over an entire season, much less than about one month. That was Jimmy Fox during nineteen thirty eight.
Speaker 4: Fox, by the way, who was most valuable player that year.
Speaker 9: That's incredible company to be with. If your name Max Muncy.
Speaker 8: Well, it's never happened before, and it took an entire season, and we've seen it for Max Monsey in one month. Are those people still calling you on the postgame show that were saying early in the season, hey trade Max Munsey, send him down to Triple A?
Speaker 4: Are they still calling?
Speaker 9: Their cell phone bill must not have been paid because they're not calling anymore.
Speaker 4: Rick, well, he was muted for a reason.
Speaker 5: Thanks a lot for sharing that with us.
Speaker 9: See David, thank you to your friend doctor Lou for fixing Max Munsey's eyes.
Speaker 4: I can see you now.
Speaker 5: We'll send it back to the studio.
Speaker 3: Tim, all right, thanks a lot, guys. That's the Dodgers game plan. Dodger fans, you need a game plan too.
Speaker 1: Start your future to California Community College financially available to help you in tuition, books, sometimes even the rent.
Speaker 3: It's time to take that next big step.
Speaker 1: Classes give bill up quickly, So on roll today and I can go to college dot com. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper at this pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: Tim, never leave. Back with Rick Monday and they'll get you the keys to the game.
Speaker 1: But up next high at tight where alex or Vesia Dodgers Royals show Hey Otani on the mound, first Bengam, Kansas City.
Speaker 3: At one ten.
Speaker 1: I'm Tim Kass, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tech on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: It's Dodgers and Royals from Kaufman Stadium, The King in Kansas City show hey Otani on the mound for the blue third start in the Dodger uniform. Seth Lugo, the veteran coming off a career year a year ago, going for the Royals will dive deeper into the number of Dodgers baseball's brought to a Zenhi sushi always fast, fresh and easy, hand crafted, made fresh on site daily by professionally trained sushi chefs. Where can you find zenchi sushi, Well, you can find it at ralps right near the deli counter, Zanchi Sushi.
Speaker 3: It is great.
Speaker 1: They got all the different platters, the rolls, the bulls. It's made fresh on site. It's always fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 2: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 2: This is high and tight, all right.
Speaker 9: We're here with the man that the Dodgers rely upon and two things in life that you need reliability and availability, and that means even more when you're a relief pitcher and we're here with one of the best in the game. That's the one and only Alex Vesia thanks a lot for the time and thanks for being available for us no worries. I think you also have to add in there a lot of caffeine. Well, we see you on the mound. It feels like you do take it to another level. What world are you in when you're out there?
Speaker 11: I would definitely say it's it's my own world. Yeah, you know, as a really real every day is a new day. When I'm out on the mound, it's it's sort of on the edge of like super focused and then blackout. So there's there's there's a fine line between the two, and uh, I feel like I'm riding that a lot.
Speaker 9: Can you think back to your first year with the Dodgers to where you're at right now, a World Series champion, one of the pillars of strengthened that bullpen. How have you been able to harness all of that emotion?
Speaker 11: H I mean, I think it's kind of leaning on veteran guys throughout the years. You know, you have like Kenley Jansen was a was a big, big one that I kind of looked after his routine and how he went about certain things. And you have guys like Joe Kelly and and Blake tryning that, you know, set the tone day in and day out. So it's you know, really relying on the veteran guys to kind of bring you under your wing and and kind of show you the ropes, you know, from twenty one until now. You know, it's I kind of feel like I'm slowly getting into that role where you know, guys like Jack Dryer and and you know Ben Consparius. It's like I've I've kind of you know, taken them under my wing, not not necessarily like you know, they they have great routines, they they're very very good pictures, but I'm always like open to you know, having conversations with them, and you know, we have really good friendships and you know they've been doing great for us.
Speaker 5: It sounds like you're paying it forward.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 11: You know, it's I always want to make sure that there's like a level of comfort down there. You know that we there is some some turnover, and you know, I'm always I want to be welcoming to everybody who steps in the in the pend.
Speaker 9: Yeah, speaking of turnover, there's a lot of guys from last year's Bullpen Dogs, but you got some new guys like you mentioned what's the dynamic this year in the bullpen.
Speaker 11: I also think we have a very good group of guys right and it's it's a little bit different than last year. But I also think that the you know, we have about four lefties and you know, five ish rieties depending on who we bring up and whatnot, So it is roles are.
Speaker 4: A little bit different.
Speaker 3: But I also think that we're very versatile in that.
Speaker 9: And Kirby Yates, he seems like he has a lot of veterans salt and edge.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't call it salt.
Speaker 11: I wouldn't call it salt. You know, I've been around some salty vets. He's definitely not one of them. I think he brings some really good energy for us, and you know, he he loves to keep it loose, loves to have fun and but like you know, when his name's called, it's you know, all all go.
Speaker 3: So it's a it's a great dynamic down there.
Speaker 9: It seems like you've really embraced being a leader and now being a world champion, being through it and being successful. Are you embracing being that guy now?
Speaker 11: I mean I think it's it's just I go about my business day in and day out where you know, I want to be available, I want to I want the ball, and I think it's kind of just leading by that, you know. I think someone who does a very very good job with that is is Kershaw, right. I mean, he every day he works, he you know, he does, he has his set routine and that's kind of something that from the beginning, that's what I noticed and why he's so great. So I kind of want to, you know, mimic that that same on Wednesday, he'll be three strikeouts away from three thousand.
Speaker 9: What will it be like in the bullpen watching him start that game?
Speaker 11: And I'll be on the fence for every every pitch, every battery until he does it so very special. I honestly don't think it will set in until I'm older about how special this moment really is. But I do know how you know how hard he's worked and just to come back, and you know he's been throwing the ball great for us, and you know he's been helping the pen out, So I mean he's he's doing it.
Speaker 9: When you have a guy like Kershaw around, what's what's his presence mean to the team.
Speaker 11: I think he holds a standard that is different than than most right, and you know being a picture as well. I think it really resonates with me more obviously guys like moved you and Freddie and show Hey, right, you know, shoe hey. I'm starting to see the pitching side, but we mostly see him from the hitting side, right, So kursh definitely brings that that standard. The you know, like I said, he's very focused and the I don't know how to really explained other than just like he sets the example.
Speaker 9: Yeah, today is Otani start day. What's it like behind the scenes? What is he like on start day?
Speaker 11: Honestly, it's it's he's very quiet, right, he has his routine. You can say what you can say hi to him, you can say what's it like. It's not it's not like it don't talk to me type. So but you know it is his his time, you know, and you know he takes it serious and uh, I'm looking forward to you know, keep keep watching him and building up and you know it's a very interesting build up, right because he can't go down to the minor leagues and kind of have that build up process. So you know, this is a great you know, kind of stepping stone, you know, for him, and you know today today you will be fun. I was very very surprised for him to be ninety nine one hundred miles an hour the last time.
Speaker 2: So you know, he's just so special.
Speaker 5: Hey, so are you?
Speaker 9: Alex Vessia means a lot to this Dodger team, to this Dodger bullpen. You've meant a lot since twenty one since you arrived. I call him the keyk Hernandez of relief pitchers. When the lights of the brightest, the moments, the biggest, Vessia has delivered.
Speaker 5: So thank you for the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like that. Thank you.
Speaker 5: Here he is my guy, Alex Vessia will send it back to you.
Speaker 3: All right, they saw a DV.
Speaker 1: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Barler.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's lunchtime right now. What are you doing? What are you eating?
Speaker 1: How about some Shaky's Pizza official pizza partner the Dodgers audio Broadcast. When it's game day, it's broothday at Shaky's dot com lead. You have to first pitch from Kansas City Dodgers and Royals show. Hey, O, tany on the mount, We'll dive deeper that pitching matchup. Next, Tim Kass, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Nework.
Speaker 2: Well, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers. Hunt's game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and Royals from Kansas City on this Saturday, game two of this three game set.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at one ten and.
Speaker 2: Now before the Dodgers hit the dinack, we look at the pitching matchups.
Speaker 1: Present about your Southern California Toyota dealers work hard and play harder in a New Tacoma with an I Force turbo charts engine. It's a truck built for the bowld See your Toyota dealers today, they make it easy. Seth Lugo on the Mount four and five, two ninety three ERA, thirty five year old right hander, tenth season. The big Leass is second with Kansas City, making his fifteen start. There was a fastball, a sinker, a cutter, a slider, a curve, and a splitter. Yeah, that's a lot of pitches. Teammates nicknamed him the Surgeon because of how many pitches he throws at how he dissects hitters. Last time out six and a third innings, one run, two hit, seven strikeouts in a no decision against the Padres. Today, Max's fourteenth career outing against the Dodgers. He's three and two with a five to fifty four ERA and twenty two strikeouts at his most recent starts. It was ex actually almost one year ago June fifteenth. Last year, he had a quality start in a seven to two Royals win. He went six innings, just two runs on six hits with one walk. Show Hey O Tani on the mound. His third start at Dodger uniform, last time out Sunday against the Nationals. One inning, two strikeouts. Facing the Royals for the fourth time in his career as a pitcher. He faced them in twenty twenty three at Angels Stadium, seven scoreless innings. Show, Hey Otani, Dodgers Royals. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Hey's the game our next, I'm Tim Kaison's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio m.
Speaker 2: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the blue all season.
Speaker 1: Low Dodgers Royals. Show Hey Otani and Seth Lugo. The pitching matchup. First pitch from the k is coming up in one ten. Before that, though, we head back out to the booth. Tim Neverrick, my gus.
Speaker 7: Tim, thanks again. We've got a beautiful day for a little bit warm and humid here in Kansas City. Show hey o toany will start? Show heys four seam fastball velocity as of right now, granted small sample size this year two starts, but so far what we've seen from it Mo, it's the highest of his career at ninety eight point six miles per hour.
Speaker 8: And we've also seen him at one hundred miles an hour. He's also thrown that splitter we talked about a little bit earlier. What we are going to watch Seth Lugo, who's going to go for the Royals. He's been very good in June. Four starts, era of one point five to seven. Here's very quickly what I would suggested the Dodger hitters first pitch strike by Lugo this year, seventy one percent of the time his first pitch is to strike. I'll be wondering if the Dodgers start to swing the bat early in counts this afternoon.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's seventy one percent, fourth best in Major League Baseball in terms of first pitch strike percentage, so certainly that'll be one of the keys. We look at here this afternoon, counting it down to the first pitch at Kaufman Stadium in Kansas City, second game of this three game set show Hey O Tani, Seth logo the pitching matchup.
Speaker 4: Tim ready to go.
Speaker 3: We are ready to go, Seth Lugo. Take some mound.
Speaker 1: Next he'll face Show hey Otani, and then at the bottom of the first show hey Otani will face the Kansas City Royals, his third started Dodger uniform.
Speaker 3: We expected to go two innings, maybe more.
Speaker 1: We'll see Dodgers Royals from Kansas City is next.
Speaker 3: Enjoy it.
Speaker 1: This has been Morocco Casino Dodgers on deck on the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio nowhere