Speaker 1: Hey, listen to Commander Who Got podcast episode four thirty four on brand. Ome here with Gary and Did we're gonna talk about some of the headlines from Magic Now our thing song, Thank Giary. We're here for our very first WorldWind adventure. How you doing?
Speaker 2: What is going down?
Speaker 1: It's going down? We got an explanation to give a story to tell some people to thank. A whole bunch of stuff we're gonna get into, but before we get to any of that, we have to thank our official business, Daddy's Vision Gaming Online dot com. They are your source for all your gaming needs, as well as Pile of Bones Brewing Color the second coolest thing to come Outo Regina, as well as being the official beer sponsor for CCO Sidewalk Slam Season two right here on YouTube.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: You gotta say some stuff now, go oh yes.
Speaker 2: We'd also like to tell them all about the special Promo code visits CEO. See I always look up on that one. So what the CEO Special Code Summer. That's the one CCO Summer. Everything you just said that I should say, I just said saves five.
Speaker 1: Percent off all the stuff that you're gonna buy anyway.
Speaker 2: Isn't there another CEO promo code too, No, that's the one, that's the only.
Speaker 1: Just the one, just the one CEO Summer. Oh wait, no, there is one CEO Perks promo code. We're gonna get to that one in just a.
Speaker 2: Second's sorry, I got ahead of myself.
Speaker 1: No, no, we're on the track. Is so nervous, don't be nervous. Everybody's gonna be totally down with it.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: So CCO Summer. You're gonna say five percent off all the magic singles that you're gonna buy, all the magic sealed product if you live within the country of Canada, all of the board games, sleeves, deck box, as well as they have their dice playme mats. They have some of those like gaming dice, rolling towers and trays and stuff. If you need it for gaming, they got it, and you can say five percent off of it with CCOs. And if your order ends up being over one hundred Canadian dollars that's about fifteen USD. You can use CEO Perks to get a ten percent store credit kickback for your next order. Yes, you know, you're just gonna spend less on the shit that you're gonna buy anyway. That's it and it helps the show out. And you know what if you buy something that's on their weekly sale, because they have some pretty cool weekly sales in Fusion Gaming as well. Sometimes the promo code doesn't work if you type CCO summer CCO sent me, or if the whole lot of use guys JK, I'm sure you're wonderful people in the note to vendor line, then they'll know that we still sent you, and it just looks really good for the show. Yes, and and and this is I'm never I don't tell this very often because Ryan sometimes gets angry at me. Sometimes if you ask really nice in the note to sell her thing like if you could you please draw me a chicken or a frog?
Speaker 2: Oh some cool.
Speaker 1: Sometimes they'll do it baller, you know, it's pretty cool. I've got a couple of and I put them on my fridge. I've got a few doodles from the shipping people. That's see at Fusion Gaming. They're great people. UH support them, a lot of love supporting them, and they'll they they seem to appreciate us as well.
Speaker 2: I love that they go the extra mile for you. Those little things they oh I warms the cockles of my heart.
Speaker 1: That's what makes them one of the biggest retailers in the country. They deserve it, and they work really hard for it. And you know, they gotta work hard because they live in Winnipeg and that place is not okay on like a fundamental level. There's just something wrong there, man.
Speaker 2: There the slurpy capital of the world.
Speaker 1: Slurp really yeah, tell me tell me about this. What is slurpy capital of the world?
Speaker 2: What like, you know, surpies that you drink yes with a big straw. Of course, they consume the most slurpees on planet Earth in Winnipeg.
Speaker 1: You're kidding me per year? Yeah what flavor?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't think they went that deep into it.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean I was gonna hope you're gonna say hand sanitizer, well, because that's some Winnipeg shit right there. Baby, man, I'm just oh, yeah, that was a good one.
Speaker 2: Where's editor Joe Live? Hello to editor Joe. By the way, he lives in oh yeah, Winnipeg, guys, were he works.
Speaker 1: Do you want to say the line this time you're gonna say at this time, I'm gonna shut you up here I'm this is this is good editor. Joe is our YouTube editor and he works really really hard to get the videos out onto YouTube in a particular fashion. So make sure that you're a part of the the crowd.
Speaker 2: I thought it was gonna I thought we're gonna do the thing where I say.
Speaker 1: Which you should be there it is. That was the should. I thought you're gonna be all green and ship. It's gonna be because Joe does work really hard.
Speaker 2: And we do appreciate him. He is so much.
Speaker 1: He is a member of the lost episode of the CEO Sidewalk Slam, so he was there for that. He was there for that. So Joe's gonna have to make a special run in here so we can be at the here it is. This is the big moment. I hope that our our boy veenom on the ones and tueses all over this. We're in the damn studio. That's that's our boy, producer Gary right here. Now we can explain why this gentleman is here. This is producer Gary. He is the headhun Show, the Emperor, the King of Duffern Avenue Media Network, the damn studio in which we record the shows. We're gonna have some gameplay footage. You set this whole dream up together. I think it's a really cool place. I hope all of you out there are supporting him. You can check out the Dufferent Avenue Media Network on YouTube. There's lots of really cool stuff going on. This is the man behind it all. He's filling in for our good friend Brian, who is off after having leg surgery because he done broke his leg and apparently the most pumpkin spice way possible, which is playing softball. And the reason I say that is not because it wasn't a horrific injury. It's all of our legitimate thoughts and prayers go out to Ryan. He recovered from surgery, he's doing fine. He's gonna be back next week. But, man like, I know three people, three freaking people that ended up in a boot playing softball this season.
Speaker 2: I got one too, that's for between us. But he went, he went shoulder. Though he broke his shoulder, he wasn't a boot then, No, but he's got hurt playing slow pitch. Damn.
Speaker 1: Man Like, is this a getting older thing? Is this a is it a try and too hard thing?
Speaker 2: In Network Rind's case, yes.
Speaker 1: I think because he was sliding in cleats. I've never played like wreck sports.
Speaker 2: With equipment before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, man, I got kicked out of the Ruckers batting cage just once because I refused to wear a helmet.
Speaker 2: Yes, like a man, I'm not.
Speaker 1: And if anybody should be worried abouetting hit in the head, it's me, mister Conky right like, oh, man, I figure I get one more and I'm just gonna forget who I am.
Speaker 2: I'm this close to making you wear a helmet all the time, man, I worry about that beautiful brain, right Like, it's the stories, the stories you told me about your former life as a top tier wrestling talent. Thanks one of the few guys I know personally in my life that can do backflips off the top rope onto the ground, just the ring onto the ground. But when you talk about botches or moves that don't go quite as planned and how you don't remember anything after said botch until like the next day, that worries me. So that's why we've got to protect that beautiful brain.
Speaker 1: We gotta the brain is the thing, you know. There are certain help we could, but we could do a whole show about like the hell's work and the question the answer is yes. The answer is yes. We're a helmet when you're playing sports. But when you're in a batting cage and there's a machine that's you know, you could probably get away.
Speaker 2: Without it, right, which how many miles per hour? Which one?
Speaker 1: We're in the freaking softball one?
Speaker 2: Like the dude you can lean in with your head and take one of those.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, like I could take one of those in the dome and probably well I couldn't, but.
Speaker 2: The average average person could probably see. Whenever I go in there, I always want to be the superstar that goes into the fastest one it's like eighty miles per hour or whatever it is, and then you can barely see it. And then I do that sometimes and sometimes I make a connect so you can see that one. I almost got it.
Speaker 1: Oh hell, you know.
Speaker 2: But sometimes when it goes really fast, the the hEDS in the ball spin it so they get in your hands. So I get beamed a lot in there. It's not good, So I could definitely wear helme in those ones.
Speaker 1: But the spit's lobby ones, yeah, like no, wait man, that got kick rocks and that's what I did. And then he told me to kick Rocks and because he had he had the Rockers shirt on. I believe Rutgers is the amusement center here in.
Speaker 2: It very well, great mini golf course, great little arcade in there. And they got the batting cage and they got fudd Rockers. Yeah, is it? Is it?
Speaker 1: The last fud Ruckers in Saskatchewan for sure? In Canada might be because some of them American states. Yeah, you know, you guys know about fud Rockers. So if you've got one in your town, let us know in the comments, because that's a that's the thing.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I'm trying to think of the American friends nicknames, because everyone's got great nicknames. Back to Rusty trum.
Speaker 1: Jones, Rusty trump Jones my favorite, but.
Speaker 2: I know he's Canadian, exactly what I was trying to think of an American one.
Speaker 1: You know what, we're gonna see Rusty trom Jones. Yes, we are going to see Rusty trom Jones at some of the upcoming Commander Cookout events that we will be at.
Speaker 2: CCO is everywhere, Baby.
Speaker 1: Man Freaking Network. Ryan Slash, our good friend.
Speaker 2: Ryan.
Speaker 1: He's been you've been talking for Turen fucking minutes and you haven't turn ony content for Christian business. You were thinking that too, that's what he's doing. So this is us doing the business to business. In a couple of weeks, I believe it's the fourteenth of September, CEO Podcast rolls into town. The World Canadian Tour is gonna get into Regina. We're gonna be there for the face to face day of magic that they're having there. I don't know freaking nips of stuff.
Speaker 2: It sounds because like a memorial, but.
Speaker 1: We're gonna be there. I believe that we have a CEO promo code. If you buy your events package from face to Face, you're gonna save yourself a couple of bucks, get some free games, get a neat thing from your boys, Ryan and Brando or Gary. If he's there, I'm sure that they'll hell him up with some swag as well. Hell yeah, and it's gonna be a great time. Following that, we're gonna go to our good friends at the Pile of Bones Brewing Co's tap room right up the street. There's pinball, there's good food. We sent Key and PJ pro Cop down there to like check everything out, so we have sent spies to you, pile of bones, and we know you're legit before we invite our friends over there and we look like assholes because you didn't deliver a good time.
Speaker 2: And we know and we know Keil is the best thing to come to Argiina.
Speaker 1: Yes, Kiel is the number one export of the city of Regina, and we wouldn't send him to number two. That's right if we weren't confident that he would walk out of there having a great time. And he said that he did, so we're really looking forward to doing that the next week after that Network Ryan Slash, our good friend Ryan. I assume he'll be mobile enough because he hasn't said to me that this isn't the plan. He will be out in Toronto for the face to face weekend. Out there. There's gonna be an after party that he's hosting there and you should all show up wish him well. I think he's gonna have either a buddh or a cast and I'm gonna make sure that everybody signs it because I think that's going to be really really cool.
Speaker 2: And only sign it with Wieners, no names, just Wieners, big small in between weird, don't matter.
Speaker 1: If we don't align your worn with like a little week, that would be very funny and I think he would appreciate that very much. Just to go up, not to give him pity, but to sign in, get in on the joke, and make sure that you know that you're you're appreciating him, and hope that he is going to recover fully and quickly. He is going to be in Toronto the week after Regina again. He is gonna ben after party with trivia and all that kind of fun stuff, and he'll be out there in some capacity. I'm not sure if he's gonna be sitting in games like initially they were planning on having him do yeah, but they're gonna find some way for him to be involved and go out there support that support the show and have a great time at at an event in Toronto. I wish I could have gone there, but it wasn't in the card. I'll be at the next Toronto one.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it's gonna be awesome. Yes, Like he's he's so pumped. I'm pumped for him and I'm excited. Yeah, he's gonna crush it there.
Speaker 1: Here's the real big one. This is the big one for the year because our good friend Alex would not be swayed from his wedding date despite my best efforts. I tried, you guys, I tried really really hard. CEO the World Tour last will not be made. I can get to Las Vegas this year, but in November we will be in the great City of Calgary. Do they have a nickname? Oh Man City that's big in kind of south central Alberta. Do they have a name.
Speaker 2: I don't think they do. They had a lot of wind, they get a lot of crazy weather in there.
Speaker 1: Well, we're gonna be there anyway. Yeah, for the face to face tour stop there. That one's gonna be a full on CEO experience. I believe we have enough people. There's the CEO Dude Bros. There's CCO National Lights from America. There's CECO National Lights coming in from Manitoba. There's CECO National Lights coming from BC. If you've heard a name on this show, there's a good chance you're gonna meet them in Calgary. We've got a house, we've got events, we got all the stuff that you expect, all the ecutrement, but the added cherry on the top of this one is this in a city where we know everything. We're the ones that know where shit is in Calgary, and so we're gonna show you guys a great time if you come out. If there's no spots left in the house, that's okay. Remember pictureon dot let's see a podcast gets into the discord, gets it connected to all the planning for all those events. So get at us on there and let us know if you're interested or just if you're coming down to the city.
Speaker 2: You're interested in coming up just checking it out.
Speaker 1: We'll let you know what we're gonna where we're gonna be at, what we're gonna be doing, and minimally we can stop by say hi, I have a beer, play a game. It's gonna be a really good time. We encourage everybody to come up and hang out with us there.
Speaker 2: I feel like this is the makeup for the missing of the Vegas.
Speaker 1: Correct, We're gonna bring Vegas.
Speaker 2: That's just candidate. Yeah. In case you're wondering how good it's gonna be, just think it's the Vegas button. Colgar.
Speaker 1: We've all heard the story about how Brando had a you know, the third Triple Tequila after I got kicked out of a bar in Las Vegas on Fremont Street and then my good friend, sink guy Jared rock Confardi, he helped me get into our ARMNB and sat me down on the edge of my bed and was like, when you feel up to it, you come downstairs. And then apparently I don't recall this, but apparently I just laid down and in my head I did a sit up. But what it actually happened is I laid down and then slept for ten hours and then well, like you undertake it, yeah, still in my shoes, still in my clothes, went downstairs, ready to party some more. It's like, oh shit at seven.
Speaker 2: Am, and then you crack your beer and I cracked into the.
Speaker 1: Breakfast beer and off. So we're doing that again, and it's gonna bring the fun to.
Speaker 2: You guys, so much fun.
Speaker 1: If the if the mad cap drinking and partying isn't your gimmick, of course, you're still welcome to come along. There's so much other stuff that we have going on.
Speaker 2: You just be like me and do the THC exactly. Yeah, or maybe if you want to get real crazy, you can do some of those medicinal mushrooms. I hear so much about.
Speaker 1: I've heard a lot. There's a guy at the EDH and M that's always it's very up on those. Does the phenom know anything about that kind of stuff? I don't, Peno doesn't know about.
Speaker 2: It's the most innocent human being I've ever met. I think, well, I mean.
Speaker 1: You could still hear about stuff, that's true. That's a very different generation than us. So people say things, tell you things. You know things very good point.
Speaker 2: Don't ever assume people don't know anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you should never assume that just because somebody's not into a topic or a subject, they never heard of it.
Speaker 2: That's not a good way of doing things, absolutely right.
Speaker 1: How the hell are we going to do a magic podcast if we just assume that our body Gary doesn't know shit about magic.
Speaker 2: I think we're about to find out.
Speaker 1: I think that's the average business that we usually have in We talked about the Patreon network.
Speaker 2: Ryan will no matter what we do, he'll say we miss stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, network, Brian is holding over down on us. But we're trying our best. It's the first the first time.
Speaker 2: And it's so much fun just being on the other side of the glass and being out here and just being a part of it, like it's I felt so bad when I missed the one que even though I have oh you know, I've got nervous and then I got oh, but I'm back now.
Speaker 1: I have a plan to set you up for another one later.
Speaker 2: Perfect, I'll be ready for We'll.
Speaker 1: Get you through there. So what else have we wanted to talk about today before we got into the thing? I feel like there's another thing that me and Ryan would normally do, but I can't think of what it is. So we're just gonna kind of go.
Speaker 2: Into weird business daddies, right, Beer, events, coming up events, Thank every buddy. I feel like that's all.
Speaker 1: I think that's all the business weird. We're good at this up top, up top.
Speaker 2: I was gonna go for this one.
Speaker 1: And if you miss.
Speaker 2: After my speech about protecting your head.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, let's do a quick aside, let's do a really quick aside I had. I had this talk the other day with some people. And the football helmet, the hockey helmet, the batting helmet all designed aerodynamically scientifically with your brain health in mind. It cushions, blows and tries to prevent concussion and head injury, right, very effective. I will never tell anybody to not wear a helmet when playing the sport that has a helmet named after it.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: That's a great way that let me, however, ask you this question, Gary. Gary's a big sports guy, so I'm gonna try and and I am not a sports guy, so we're all gonna have a good time as I try and fumble sports references in here.
Speaker 2: Very excited bicycle helmets.
Speaker 1: I I feel they are totally useless and all they're there to do is stop you from getting your head cut.
Speaker 2: Interesting, what do you think, because.
Speaker 1: Like, how much money does a hockey helmet cost?
Speaker 2: Hockey helmet's a lot.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of money, right, because you can go to Toys r US and buy a bike helmet for what fifteen bucks? Yeah, if you have I guess maybe not in America you can't because Toys Rus clothes. But up here in Canada you can spend twenty Canadian dollars and it's got like a sweet mohawk made out of silicon spikes.
Speaker 2: This make shiny stuff so all the cars can see you, right, Yeah, for twenty bucks.
Speaker 1: How much good in the grand scheme of things is that actually gonna do to protect your brain, not your skull, but your brain. I feel like it's not as much as they would.
Speaker 2: Have you believe. I see your angle on this. How could it possibly protect as well as a helmet. That's where they quintuple the amount exactly. I see. Well, I have seen helmets that have been in accidents and they get cracked, you know, like a blow up crack all over the place, but the people say has saved their lives. Okay, okay, but that could also be I'm sure you can buy one hundred dollars bike helmet. Sure, so maybe it might be one of those cases where the more you spend, the better it is for you.
Speaker 1: You get what you pay for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so if you get that five dollars bargain bin helmet and you go down, it's probably exactly like you say, as well, just wear a piece of paper on.
Speaker 1: You have a paper bag on your helmet, on it backwards.
Speaker 2: If you want.
Speaker 1: It would be yellow and it would say helmet like a no name bike happened, right, just the eyeballs cut out of it. That'd be fun. That'd be pretty good.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love that. I would like to see how the kid Joel wearing that he's one of our good buddies, and he wears a literal paper bag over his head when he goes to concerts.
Speaker 1: I would love to see ugly kid Jewel with a yellow bag over his head.
Speaker 2: I just like how we got to drop a nickname from the other show onto this show.
Speaker 1: It's pretty that feels good.
Speaker 2: I love the crossover. This is like all those crossovers and cartoons that we love so much and and TV.
Speaker 1: Should we take an opportunity's you know what, I'm the boss here. Nobody can tell me to do. Let's do it. So the Different Avenue Media Network. Oh, we're local, but there's lots of entertaining content on here right now. Well, interviews, there's sports, stuff's all kinds of things. Tell the tell the people of the nation. What are we doing here? Why should people besides this super sweet backdrop, what is going on here that should draw people? And why should people check this out?
Speaker 2: So this is a passion project that we all built. And I say that with you and Network Ryan and Phenom and the rest of our team at the network, and the whole goal of this place is to make the world a better place. Because I've become so crippled with anxieties from leaving the house that I've tricked all my friends into coming here every day, hanging out, and together we make the world a better place by making people laugh and basically reminding people not to think about yourself first anymore. We've got to get back to the old way of caring about others before ourselves. And I always talk about karma being very real. You do these things, you make the world a better place, and then guess what, one day, I'm not going to be scared to go outside. My goal is to go out there and do this stuff. And we do that through our Twitch stream, through our Vocal Recording studio, through this very set here, and all the amazing shows that we have on the network. It's just a lot of fun and a lot of positivity. We have a big line no dicks, no assholes, so that from the Trailer Park Boys incredible show. Our neighbors down south might not know it as well, but that's like the main rule for any parties that they throw over at the rec center in town. No dicks, no assholes. And as long as you do that, everyone's happy and everyone wants to make a difference copathetic.
Speaker 1: We're making the world a better place one show at a time, right, That's it. I love that. So if you want to get involved again, check us out on YouTube. Yeah, there's lots of stuff going on. Go to dufferent Avenue dot com if you'd like to support the network and what we're doing here. It is it's a it's a thing, yeah, that we're doing. And if you want to get involved in any way, drop Gary Aline.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he absolutely, it's no, it's this is like literally, and this is the honest truth. The first guy I thought of when I wanted to start this was this guy because he's the only guy I knew that ever YouTube successfully, literally, and then he introduced me to the network Ryan, So YouTube were the precipice for this entire thing. So this thing was built out of CEO. So we're always so grateful to you guys for you know, showing us the way as we move forward.
Speaker 1: We would we would we would have done it for nothing, and we're we're happy we could have. We could have been here, and we wouldn't be here with everybody who's watching. So exactly, for everybody who's watching, should we provide for them some magic the gathering related content. Yes, this is terrifying because Ryan's just like, Okay, you a bunch of focks.
Speaker 2: Do you think he's gonna watch I mean, he might not even watch it, knowing that he's gonna be so mad.
Speaker 1: He's gonna watch this for sure, he's probably gonna hate watch. No, there's a camera right over there. Remember that time watching me and Ryan and he was trying to scare us by talking to.
Speaker 2: Us and stuff, and you guys just got confused.
Speaker 1: Me. I thought, I thought Maggie farted and I was like, what's going is? When is happening? Ever? But so he may be watching this right now.
Speaker 2: We don't have a good point. Serious, let's get into it.
Speaker 1: What I thought we could do is there's a couple of stories going around the kind of social media network, the socials about magic that have been going on, and what I thought would be kind of interesting would be to take those stories and tell them to somebody who isn't as ingrained in the magic universe as we all are, and maybe get an outsider's perspective on some of the things that have some people pretty lit up on on Twitter. Of course people are lit up on Twitter, but also in some of the other communities as well. I noticed it a DH and M. I've noticed on Facebook people are talking about it, because yes, I do pay attention to those things, even though people say I think I don't, I'm always lurking around.
Speaker 2: It's true.
Speaker 1: So the first item on the dock it is big Time anniversary fifty years of Dungeons and Dragons. This year and the Year of Our Lord twenty twenty four is the fiftieth anniversary of one of the biggest brain games.
Speaker 2: Of all time. Great way of saying it.
Speaker 1: One of the ways that Wizards of the Coast that owns both Dungeons and Dragons and Magic the gathering is celebrating is with an additional god damn Secret Layer super Drop for those of us that don't know what.
Speaker 2: A Secret Layer is.
Speaker 1: That's a limited print run bunch of cards between four and seven cards for between thirty and forty dollars that you can buy four in some cases about two hours before they're sold out.
Speaker 2: What the hell? That does not seem very fair right now.
Speaker 1: The reason that they've gone to doing it in this way is over the last couple of years previous to this, people have complained about shipping times because you go in on X day and the sale goes from X to Y and everybody who buys in there, if you get early enough, sometimes the initial shipment, they'll get to you. Sometimes. In one case, actually for me, the Secret Layer took upwards of nine months to arise at my home.
Speaker 2: That's not even possible. How does that even happen?
Speaker 1: I know how mismanagement, Gary is, how that the ones miss management. So what they did was they said, guys, we hurd your concerns. All you people that went on and gave us money. Hell with you people. We're only printed in limited runs. We've got a specific number of these sets that we're gonna print, and that's all we're gonna print, and we're just gonna send those off. And if you get some, you get someone. If you don't, you can go yourself. Is basically what they've said.
Speaker 2: I don't like that.
Speaker 1: I don't like that either. And we've got another drop that came out there was I believe five And I've got a funny Ste're gonna laugh. I love After we're done talking, I'll tell you at the end, we got to get to the end of this conversation. You got to tell my funny story. And a lot of the Ceco nationalites who have listened to me talk about Brando by secret Layers, they know where this is going.
Speaker 2: Perfect.
Speaker 1: There's five drops, two of them, the two that had the most financial worth, the cards that are worth the most dollars.
Speaker 2: Well maybe not even the sexies, just the most you.
Speaker 1: Know, they actually were the sexiest. There's a guy named Astrion, is called Astrion's Thirst. It's like he's a vampire guy, and they're all like the flufy shirt with like the deep beat down those belly bowl school vampires right right, very lestat interview with a vampire.
Speaker 2: Right in there, like Alu card from Castlevania three.
Speaker 1: That's right sexy. And then the other one is car Lash. She's like the the like if the Devil was kind of sexy, but in like a masculine sort of way. And that's not that sounds like I'm being dickhead, but like she's a very tough lady.
Speaker 2: She's got very jazz she devil.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh yeah, so also very but again pretty hot, like you know what I'm saying, Like these are two the two sexiest layers are also the two sexiest Layers sold out within an hour and then two hours.
Speaker 2: So can you buy them individually?
Speaker 1: Correct? Okay, so here's my question to you. Yes, in some cases the argument could be made. For example, the Assassin's Creed came out a few months ago. A couple of days ago, Assassin's Creed came out, and maybe the license that Wizards struck with Ubisoft was you can print this image onto a card x times for x money. Oh right, maybe that was part of it, and that's why there's a limited number of them, and maybe that's why those were the secret.
Speaker 2: Layers that sold out first. Something tells me that's not what you think.
Speaker 1: I was prepared to accept that argument until this drop care we go as Wizards of the Coasts owns dungeons and dragons, So why would there be a hard limit on how many they could print when there isn't a hard limit to how much money they could ultimately make. Because I'm here to tell you, I'm a Canadian citizen and I pay three hundred dollars to ship these goddamn things to my house and they don't arrive any fucking faster now that they've moved to this new model, so.
Speaker 2: Much money for noter right for nothing, pay for the ultimate promotionship and service.
Speaker 1: It will arrive to you before you die.
Speaker 2: Probably maybe right, it's not very I feel that. I don't feel that.
Speaker 1: As an as an outside human right. I tell you, these these collector things that are they're so hard to get, people are so frustrated about it.
Speaker 2: What do you think, you know? I feel my first thought is when I think of games that involve inclusion and the type of people that would basically go to bat for each other, you know what I mean, Like you're all part of the same movement of magic, the Gathering, and the second you start listening to one or two complainers, you forget about the majority. And I don't mean like a little majority, like the big majority, Like we're talking like the ninety five percent of magic players. You're never going to win. They're all like I would may much rather have those people be a little bit upset. The ones that demand this, demand that listen to them, tell them they're heard. But this is who we're going to focus on, because this right here, this ninety five percent of Magic the Gathering players. They got us to this point. So we need to support these people, not alienate them. For the couple over here who are screaming at the top of the lungs, why would even listen to me? Rah? And it's not just in magic the gather, that's the whole world. It feels like it's sort of like that. And I feel like that's crept into this incredible community and it makes me sad.
Speaker 1: Makes me sad to just what I mean. I complained lots about it when the one took nine months?
Speaker 2: Did they give you any explanation for that?
Speaker 1: No? Nothing, nothing, not a not an iota of not jack all of shit did they give me. They But they did arrive. They they got there in a great big box. I felt good about that one. The shippings, the shipping on that one, I felt good.
Speaker 2: A big box worth a three hundred.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't go that far. I would not go. And I mean, I'm complaining about it, but like you, like the people in the UK or South America or Australia, Holy shit, I feel so bad for you guys. Man. Oh man, it's bad, but I think that you make a good point where the people that were complaining about, oh it takes too long. I just want my stuff right now. I want it right now. I feel like those people are in a minority when compared to the people that just want the fricking cards.
Speaker 2: That's it. Like, if I'm playing this incredible game, I want to have the same opportunity as everyone else to get whatever they're putting out. That's what I would like. And to cater to these sort of things, to rush things, or to go in a different direction than you're normally used to, just makes no sense to me. I don't know. I don't understand why so many people think it's so important to cater to the very few just because they're screaming the loudest. That really throws me off. Like, you can address the situation, acknowledge it, let them know they're heard. But we also need to move in this direction because these are the people that God is here. We need to listen more to the actual people.
Speaker 1: We're in a world now where it makes sense, it certainly does, and the world of magic now is the people have gotten Wizards of the Coast to a point where we're in a like the lot of product coming out and they're they're making it so even the people that want it can't buy it.
Speaker 2: And that's that's the biggest thing.
Speaker 1: And I don't. I don't think that's okay. Like if if Gary said, next week, Yo, Brando, I want to get into Magic. I want to build my first deck, do it. I want it to be like here's the stuff I want for it, et cetera. And it's like, oh man, all that stuff came in that last secret Like, oh oops, can't have that. I'm sorry. That would piss me off because they don't have the A new player coming in doesn't have the depth of collection that somebody that has been playing for a long time. I am very privileged in that I've been playing Magic for twenty years and I've got all.
Speaker 2: The shit right, all of it.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe not all, but I do. I can build almost any deck I want and spend zero dollars. And I'm very, very, very fortunate in that I've been playing for a long time. I bought lots of stuff during the lull when Magic wasn't very popular. And now because of this show and the fantastic fans and listeners and members of CCO Nation, and I am living in a thing where we have sponsors that will help me continue to play this game to keep up with the product releases. But somebody like a Gary or like most of the people listening to this show, they don't have that. So I think that it's a disservice to the community when because a few people said, ooh, it took me four weeks to get my secretly you're holding that up against somebody that's like, man, like, I really want these cards, but I can't afford them, or I can't find them, and here they are and you could pay thirty bucks and I'm shipped to your house in four weeks, And I think that it's doing a disservice to the community to not make these more available.
Speaker 2: To other people, and not just that, it's a disservice to the actual game itself, because you are the one who gets those awesome, amazing cards, and I'll never have a chance to get them myself. So I will never be able to compete with you in any game because you had more money, or you had the complaining or you did whatever it was so you could corn in the market on these cards that I would love my deck, but I'll never have an opportunity to put them in there.
Speaker 1: And it's and that is the thing, and it's not fair, man.
Speaker 2: I don't like that.
Speaker 1: It is not and I would we do stay here here on the nation. Amount of money spent on a deck doesn't necessarily mean it's amazing. But there is a point where I just I want these things and I can't find, not even I can't afford them. I can't freaking find that.
Speaker 2: That's the biggest issu.
Speaker 1: Because there's a finite number of them. When you get a really cool reprint that people want for casual stuff and it only exists in this very very limited product, it kind of sucks when you can't just can't.
Speaker 2: Just have them, you know what I mean, here's a wild question for you. Sure would I be able to take just a normal card and get an artist like our good friend right now to paint it up as or is that cheating because it is put a brash taut on there, and then it won't be legal.
Speaker 1: If you had a landwar Elf and you had a brash taunture painted on the landmar Elf, that is cheating.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're not allowed to do that. I was ninete percent sure that's one to confirm.
Speaker 1: But if you want a brash taunter that has a picture of Gary on it, you could contact our good friend Ryan or go over to our Facebook auctions site every Thursday. There's new pieces up there that really helps Ryan out. It helps to show out it's a great thing to do, and it lets you express yourself and do some really cool stuff through the medium of art. If you are like me and you have no talent and can't paint cards on your own.
Speaker 2: And oh you're gonna do it, you gonna do it, Okay, If.
Speaker 1: You do want to learn how to have some artistic talent, you can go on over to our website Commander Cookout dot com and you can buy Get Gary. I've already replaced it.
Speaker 2: I haven't written any books.
Speaker 1: I've already replaced him Ryan's book which is available that it will actually walk you good painting your own cards, altering your own stuff sick.
Speaker 2: And he has a bunch of his cards that he's personally done. He had to re out to people that he had painted for and they sent him the copies like it's an incredible e book. I keep bugging him because I want a hard copy on here for the set. I do too, but apparently it's a little bit tough to do that transformation. So he's like, unless if it's only you, I can't really justify it. So if we got like a bunch of people.
Speaker 1: Like hard copy, it bro hard copy to print one, it is a lot. I very much to print one. I don't like a bunch.
Speaker 2: I want a copyright here.
Speaker 1: I do too, because it's easier to have one, like on an easel while you're like painting. Can you can reference? I don't reference my phone. The thing keeps turning off, and they tell me that there's a way to stop the phone from turning there isn't. I think that's horse shit. It doesn't work, But I don't think that's real. I don't think that's at all real.
Speaker 2: Absolutely the stupidest liar there it is. That's it. See the way, how awesome are all these shows up purely to see behind us?
Speaker 1: We have a ton of really great shows on the Commander Cookout, so be a group at large. We got Mac and Commander History. I know that Ryan's been recording lots of stuff with him. I forget what he told me the new the new episode would coming up his treasures. He's the new one. There they're doing. There we go.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: The one showing on the screen behind us.
Speaker 2: Right now, that's one of my favorite posters that we got.
Speaker 1: That's a Commander Monkey's with our boy super tall all killer, no filler, Shiller, Miller. He does the bite sized chunks of the magic the Gathering story for the current set in sixty seconds with pictures and animation, so very very cool. Good. We've also if you're into more CDH content and actually getting better at playing magic and not just being entertained wildly by the main show, what does cd mean? Competitive DH? DH stands for Elder Dragon Highlander, Right, maybe we don't think we were.
Speaker 2: Actually I've never learned this.
Speaker 1: Elder Dragon Highlander means. Elder Dragon were like the first kind of remember on the if you watched the CCO pre show this week, I explained to Gary where Commander came from. Yes, Elder Dragons were a group of cards from pretty early in Magic's history. There's a there's five of them, and then later on they printed five more on a set called Planer Chaos. And the Elder Dragons are like these big stupid creatures that got played absolutely nowhere, and they're the kind of cards that EDH was built around, Like these big dumb idiots that are fun And if I could just build a deck to make this card work. That's the origin.
Speaker 2: Of DH Do they look super sick though?
Speaker 1: Or some of them are very cool? Some of them look pretty stupid, but that's artistic talent and eye of the beholder business. I actually really like the old ones because the pictures are so kind of dirpy, right, Like one of them is like a steakhead going and it's just what the what the fuck?
Speaker 2: As an outsider, I gotta say I love the artwork of these cards. It's as a guy who knows nothing about it, just whenever I watch and I see them pop up on the screen thanks to editor Joe, it's like they look so sweet. And when you guys explain them and what they look like, even when you listen audible audio only audio audibly, like you describe them so well. It's like, yeah, this one huge knockers, this one, Oh yeah, that's like a big horn down there, like all this cool stuff that helps you visualize them. And then if you watch it on the YouTube you can see them. It's very cool. I love the artwork. So I totally derailed you there.
Speaker 1: But should people be watching on YouTube? Yes, there we go there see what we got?
Speaker 2: You got me there? Because I was like, waitch, you should be it would have been weird. How about you?
Speaker 1: I figured we're flying right now, you would catch that. Well. So that's where the that's the.
Speaker 2: Ed in the Eda Elder Dragon and h.
Speaker 1: Is from Highlander and the movie Highlander.
Speaker 2: Movieg get out and it will only be one.
Speaker 1: There can only be one and that's why you can only have one of any card in your deck, right dude. And then the scene was like capital E, capital D capital, a small C at the front, and C stands for competitive. Those are the people that build their decks to be I don't want to say did generate. That's the word that we use, but like they're they're the ones that they tune the deck to do the thing, and the in a lot of cases, I can't say all. John from Gemstone Mine also on the Commander Cookout media group here on YouTube can tell you more about that. But like they kind of put the aesthetic and sameness of a deck aside and replace that with just I want my Rube Goldberg machine of a deck to win games. That's what I want, Whereas other people would say, Okay, I want this deck to be nothing. But people holding books is a really popular one people with no hair or whatever.
Speaker 2: That leads into my next question. When you talk about certain deck build types, like say a hug type group, hup hug type or those certain things, how many different sort of labels are there for those because they're a bunch of them, Oh boy, yes, okay? And who makes them.
Speaker 1: Up the community at large typically, and.
Speaker 2: Then they can name it themselves.
Speaker 1: Perfect.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If you make a deck, you can tell us what it is, and it will typically fall into a category of some sort. Like there's I think there's basically four main super categories. There's a there's an agro deck, which is an aggressive deck that focuses on I'm going to make creatures and beat you to death with them sounds. Then there's control decks. Those are ones that typically revolve around preventing your opponents from doing whatever their thing is.
Speaker 2: Ah that so say you want to go agro control deck, would say, I see your agro and comment them down.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly, you'll play less dudes.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I was fanning your wiener on that one.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that it's very warm.
Speaker 2: Whenever I think about monsters, that's the first place.
Speaker 1: That dumpster fire we were sitting in front of it. We're still burning over there.
Speaker 2: It's a big deal thege.
Speaker 1: So that's a control deck and they kind of control the flow of battle until they can do whatever they do to win, which is in a lot of cases a combo which is the next thing, and a combo deck is a deck that is designed to do I'll say one thing really well, where the goal is to go from I'm setting my stuff up to I have assembled all of my pieces and you all lose. It's pretty smart, right, Like I do enough damage to kill all of you, I play enough spells to do whatever. That's a combo deck. And then in DH there is another type of deck called a Voltron deck, which revolves around killing people with your commander card. So the deck focuses almost entirely on taking that creature that you always have access to, making it as big and scary as possible and killing.
Speaker 2: People with it. Is that where the Vultron name came from, making it big and scary?
Speaker 1: Yes, like this Voltron or all the lions go together like a big robot. Cool, It's same again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, might be more from Power Rangers before more from Power Range exactly.
Speaker 1: Yea and car and from there, of course there's a bunch of like subcategories. Group hug is in there, and yeah, well backs and goblins and all that shit. They all kind of just go in.
Speaker 2: So with that hug deck that you guys had, and you were talking about how you play with those decks. So is the point of this one specifically to help everyone at the game and you just don't try to win? Is that what a hug deck is?
Speaker 1: That's what people tell you they are as people have.
Speaker 2: You don't sound like believe that.
Speaker 1: I don't believe group hug exists. Interesting, I don't think that they're real decks. I think that they're they're sneaky political machines. Because more than anything, Commander is a very social format, which is another reason why it's so popular, is because and CCO Nation can attest to this. Where you're gonna sit down with your buds, you're gonna drink a beer, you're gonna drink a pop, you're gonna have a good time for an hour and a half or so, right like the sidewalk slam. Exactly like sidewalk slams, that's the same. That's the point of the That's what Commander is. There for in general, is the field that lots of people get and that's why it became so popular.
Speaker 2: And is it the biggest absolutely, Oh yes, yes, we're in the forties. They don't come around.
Speaker 1: We're gonna talk about that here in a couple of minutes.
Speaker 2: And I have so many questions curious.
Speaker 1: I like that it's good, and so what the what the hell were we even talking to me?
Speaker 2: We were talking about hug decks.
Speaker 1: Hug decks are a I'm gonna you know.
Speaker 2: What I'm gonna say.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna put it right here. I think that there's agro control, voltron combo, and political decks, and I think that the political deck is the group hug deck. That it tricks you into thinking it's helping you when really it's not. It's like, here, here's all these rocks. You can throw the rocks at your opponents and they'll die and then me and you're like, oh yeah, I got all these rocks they're chucking, and then they pop a hole in your boat and you got all these rocks, and you sink. That's what group hug is.
Speaker 2: Sabotage.
Speaker 1: It's it's very and they do that by the quality of their cards or what their cards do they do it with their them sitting at a table can do so crazy.
Speaker 2: So that's another, like you said, a game style where you it doesn't really matter what cards you have, but more about how you sell them to everyone exactly interest.
Speaker 1: And there's and like that. I think that the lower power you get, the more like is it riz? The kids still say riz.
Speaker 2: Ago.
Speaker 1: The more riz your deck has, the more likely you are to do better. And like the lower power levels because you can convince everybody, no, it's just a bunch of things with everything with pink eyes is in this deck. Loll and then you know everybody everybody's dead. Oh no, I draw a doorknob and a sock. No again, Now I've drawn all your wallets out of your pockets.
Speaker 2: And the way you go, you all district the poison. I'm taking everything.
Speaker 1: See later. Here's the last thing. And I'm I'm very interested to hear what you think of this story. Gary. This is the one that's been kind of blown up socials. The last couple of weeks was two can Sam.
Speaker 2: The card dude I saw was it never grand? That posted on the twitters on the X it was super cool, legit he was on there. I know you guys were trying to get that done for a long time and we got her.
Speaker 1: My boy, uh my boy, Zach did once. That was that's very cool.
Speaker 2: Hold on, hold on. His name is Zach. It's kind of boring.
Speaker 1: And revels light on Twitter. He's a really he's a really nice man. If if you like alter art stuff, revelands light on Twitter. He's a really nice dude. Him and his wife, they do they do.
Speaker 2: Really just feels weird hearing some of his normal name.
Speaker 1: On this shows. I'll call him cat way better this real quick cat instead old cat. Old cat.
Speaker 2: Making the world a better place. We're all about.
Speaker 1: That's that's how we do it better better. The air quotes so too can Sam was a card that went into the other formats. The sixty by four as I like to call them, talked about that on the pre show. Everybody out there, hopefully we all know what legacy and modern and stuff are, and the card just ruined it for everybody because everybody's playing this card, right, Yeah, you're planning to do or you got to play something that beats me to do, or you lose. That's what it is.
Speaker 2: So like the super opiate.
Speaker 1: It's just it was too much. It was a design mistake. And Wizards, the guys that make the cards, they admitted as much.
Speaker 2: I love that. By the way, I just want to say, a huge process, because no one ever does that.
Speaker 1: Oh but wait, wait, wait, there's more I figured in there saying that it was a mistake. They they showed what the card initially did, hopefully joke and find it and put it on the screen, and you guys can see what's see what the card originally was supposed to do, and it was pretty underpowered. They go, who's gonna play this? Nobody likes this, but we gotta like, let's let's juice it up a little bit so that it'll see like some play and you know, the Commander guys will really like it. Commander, I think in Wizards of the Coast's eyes, I think is the casual format. I think that that's where they see buddies gonna go to his local game stories, I want to try Magic for the first time, and they're probably gonna get it on Commander because it's the social format. It technically, I would argue that it is the format that costs the least actual money to get in on with the lowest skill floor, you know what I mean, Like you can you can draft for less money, but you got to be good at draft to actually understand how to get good to be good at it right where you can just pay some money and you're good at Commander if you know how to play magic with the new decks. So they kind of put the overpowering of this card on the lapse of the Commander player. And again in this arc, we're gonna use Commanders as the casual player of a format, and lots of people kind of came out of the word all those damn Commanders players. They're trying to they're getting catered to too much, and they're getting too many things put on them. And the question that I would like to ask you as a as a sports person, because yes, there was a time where Magic was on ESPN, so technically it's a sport. Hell yeah, bro, hell yeah. So at what point does the governing body of a sport catering to the in maybe the grand scheme of things, the lowest common denominator, the casual enjoyer of that sport. At what point does the governing body catering too much to that particular segment of the population begin to filter up and start to hurt the big time, the big leagues, the bigs, the show, the the I can't think of any I can't think of any other sports analogies.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry the.
Speaker 1: Guys that do curling good. I don't know the Olympics, don't I don't know anything about sports.
Speaker 2: Dude, that was very well. I think if I didn't know you, I would think you were a sports expert. Oh sherely presented that. Well, thank you. And this goes back again to listening to the one percent, the five percent of people that are yelling the loudest. And in every sport, every like pro sport, like the Big Four you got basketball, football, hockey, baseball, and all four of those, there has been so much catering to the few and just ignoring the many. And it's I truly believe it's because of the world that we live in. It's everything I just said before applies here as well as in like in hockey for instance, to go back helmets, we talked about helmets. Yeah, a couple of people complained, oh, you can't be uh can't be wearing you should be wearing helmets and it took them a long time to finally put helmets on hockey players' heads. Fighting in hockey here's a perfect example. Yeah, every person outside of the sport, it says fighting has to go. It's barbaric. It has no place in the sport if you and this has been proven because they've sort of done like a mini sort of survey of this. But if you were to talk to the majority of the NHL players that are actually in the game with the fighting, the only people that it affects, every single one of them wants fighting in it because they understand that it's a deterrent, deterrent, deterrent, deterrent, deterrent for the cheap shot artist. It keeps everyone in line. If you go and smack my friend Brando in the head with a stick, guess what I'm gonna come after you, bro, and you'll never do that again. They can't do that now because they've taken fighting out of every level, I believe, except the NL. NHL the last one holding on to it because the players want it there. But you have the entire world around them saying you can't do that. You can't. Could you imagine telling someone they can't do something when that person telling you doesn't have anything to do with the game nothing, No, they're just outside.
Speaker 1: You can't do that. No, no, don't do.
Speaker 2: That now, like it makes no sense.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: And you can find examples of that in all of these sports.
Speaker 1: So do you think taking that example, yes, the NHL, that's this is a good I'm gonna I feel really smart. My brain is big. The NHL is trying to eliminate fighting, not by eliminating it from the rules, but by eliminating it from the upcoming players who learned all look at Margaret Special cameo. The up and coming players will have learned to play hockey without fighting, and there will be a point where all of the NHL guys that want it have retired and moved on, and now all the players that have come up there now there is no fighting because everybody learned hockey with no fighting. So you would you run around, would you suggest that maybe maybe Watsa has had enough of these these legacy players and these modern players.
Speaker 2: Always pushing you out without telling you always.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you think that that's the that's the gimmick they're trying to turn all magic into because they've already turned all magic into Commander. They've already done that. And do you think that I don't want us to I don't want us to be conspiratorial here, But would you say that maybe this is like pushing the limits a little bit, like maybe if you just because here's here's the thing, this is the and this is real life if you're a modern player. And I feel so much for the modern player who goes out to build a deck. That's not cheap. Building magic decks is not cheap, especially if you're trying to compete. Okay, that's that. This is buying new hockey, this is hockey equipment level.
Speaker 2: This is and the analogies are on fire Ring now bro big dollars and then it gets banned out from nt of them.
Speaker 1: So now you've spent X hundreds of dollars on doing this and now you have now you've got rectangles of shitty cardboard that nobody but the Commander players want. So do you think that they're just like they have these little frustration moments to not incentivize people to not play modern, but to say, hey, man, like it's a game of balance. Sometime we make mistakes oops, and then so greasy Eventually people that's so greasy enter magic by playing commander, are just gonna say you know what, I don't want to They're gonna see what's oh man, they don't know what that way. Yeah, my cousin just played in the do and he got all banned out and now he's you know it, took out a second mortgage on his house and he just sold me all his nedus for a buck and a box of cereal? Right like, do you think that, oh I could open?
Speaker 2: Does that?
Speaker 1: Does that sound legitimate? Does that sound like me being insane?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Am I being insane right now?
Speaker 2: No? You are not. You open my my entire brain on this. It almost hurt. Oh my brain doesn't like to work very hard. When you said is this sort of the plan? Without telling you the plan? Another great example, going back to hockey with the helmets. They have the grandfather in claws. So if you wore a helmet before this time, then you can wear your helmet for the rest of your career. Okay, so that's why, or you you don't have to start the reverse. So if you didn't want to wear a helmet when they said you have to wear a helmet, it was fine, but anyone else after you has to wear helmets. The last way you had a guy that Craig mctabish, when the last guys to play hockey without a helmet when everyone else is wearing one, looks so badass. Definitely not a smart move, but looks so bad ass.
Speaker 1: Wear a helmet when you play hockey.
Speaker 2: Very important. But that's that's sort of the exact same thing. It's like, we're going to cater to the people that are complaining about this, but we're gonna do it in a koy way where it won't be put upon us so we don't have to deal with the consequences of pissing off the rest of the league. Chewing tobacco and baseball same thing. Chewing tobacco. It is literally a staple when it comes to baseball. I only play Rex sports so I can drop down right, and that's what I do. I love chewing tobacco, and it's from baseball. It's from growing up watching all those like Pat Borders, Blue Jays catcher Eddie Sprague, all these guys pull on like Padro Rodriguez, all of my heroes. Huge wad to chew every time. It got me like this and again, looking back. This is probably why they're making sure they don't do it anymore. So the kids don't chew tobacco. So very smart, but they never put it like that. But if you were in Major League Baseball before they said no more chewing tobacco, you're good. Okay, until you retire, you can still chew. But anybody who came up to the league after that time, that deadline was set, no chewing tobacco. So you'll be sitting there on the bench, not allowed to have a big devil. I got one in here literally with a camera seeing it. You want to write to spit all the time in baseball. It' because you're spinning out your chew. That is, Yeah, seeds are two. That's how it goes. So with that again, grandfathering it in. They don't want to be the bad guy's taking everyone's tewing tobacco away, but these are their rules now. So sorry, kids coming up, you can't have as much fun as the old guys. I think you're definitely onto something that could be getting the outcome you want without showing your work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just kind of it's greasy, man, when you control it all the way. I think again, I don't want to sound conspiratorial, but when you control it all the way along the when you control the means of production, I guess is the right. Like everybody coming up, when they come up with a certain mindset and a certain way, eventually.
Speaker 2: That becomes the normal.
Speaker 1: The old way just naturally falls off. That's works nobody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no one notices their complaint because they don't know what's happening.
Speaker 1: And I'm not saying that that's going on in magic, but it could be like it's maybe it is. I don't know. Because one of the things that Wizards of the Coast and we're running a long on time er, so we're gonna be we're gonna be quick. But one of the things that the hell I know, it goes fast.
Speaker 2: Hey, when I'm in.
Speaker 1: There, it's so boring.
Speaker 2: It's so fast. It's not boring. It's just like I'm paying attention to everything and I'm trying to get the good angles like Pheenom's doing. So I you know, I'm like sort of in it, but I'm not really in it. When I'm really in it, it's just like, yeah, sorry to interrupt, don't.
Speaker 1: What are we talking about?
Speaker 2: We're talking about the conspiracy, making you think that they're not wanting the outcome that they're actually trying to work towards.
Speaker 1: But then they're getting it because they're scum. Now they're not scum. They are giving us a.
Speaker 2: Game that we love, and that's a thing.
Speaker 1: But oh, I remember what it was.
Speaker 2: It was going to come back.
Speaker 1: Wizards of the Coast doesn't acknowledge the secondary market, which is the the game stories, the singles, when you trade cards back and forth with your friends, right, lgs exactly, thank you. They don't get a cut of that really, right. So when it in the long run, in a format like Legacy, which is very very expensive to play in all old cards that are very difficult to get, that the there's an agreement where watsy will not reprint those cards ever again. So what exists on Earth right now is what exists right and that's where that's where some of the crazy values come from. That's why those cards that are worth thousands of dollars exactly legendary drops exactly precisely. And so but when you have like a big format like Legacy, they probably don't pay as close attention to a thing like that as they should because the only time they make any money on it is when a Nadu comes out and all the legacy and modern guys are like, holy shit, I can win goddamn tournaments with that, and then everybody runs something buys it. That's the only time they make money off of and what they're called eternal sets because they're just they're unchanging, right, and unless they inject something into it to shake it up, they don't make no money off of it, whereas a format like Commander is much much easier to just print things into because somebody's always going to want a scarecrow. Somebody's always gonna want the raccoon guy.
Speaker 2: Is that because it's one hundred cars instead of the sixty of the forties, and it's designed around doing whatever you want and being creative and just all the frogs in Bloomborough.
Speaker 1: I got lots of frogs just there you go, glor I'm not gonna play any of them except for Glarb. I played Glarb and hell Guy play Glarb and hell Gay, But like, I have them because I think they're awesome, right, And there's lots of other people out there that collect cards just based on that, So there's there's a lot more wriggle room. When you're going after people that are you're trying to inspire them their them to be excited about a thing rather than trying to get them to get a game piece that fits better into an established strategy and established meta of strategies. Right, it's a lot easier to put shit into that, into the casual stuff and right, so maybe that's why they do stuff like this. I don't no if if you out there have any kind of comment on that, please let us know down below, because I'd love to know what other people think, Like, is this am I being insane? Like? Am I am I asking Gary crazy shit? Right now? I don't feel like am I dragging him directly down the rabbit hole? And we're gonna drink a little potion and then one of us is gonna get tall, and that's gonna get short, and the tall one is gonna cry, and the little one's gonna have to jump in a bottle and float around, and he finds a key hole so that they go out of the rabbit hole, and then they're gonna find a rabbit with a watch, and somebody's gonna try and cut off our fricking heads.
Speaker 2: I'm into all that as long as we can switch Wieners.
Speaker 1: No, damn no, I'm keeping mine. I really like mine.
Speaker 2: It's what a good one for onths You're fine, Gary, dude, I got the network crying Wanery. Well, I shouldn't say that on TV. I guess, hey, just I'm like this.
Speaker 1: Network, rand though tiny network. Rinds a great guy and we we wish him very very well in his post off recovery.
Speaker 2: This is what happens when you're out there but so and then get back soon.
Speaker 1: When Brando another Brando are in the chair. This is the kind of stuff you get so well. Yeah, if you're still here, we really appreciate everybody hanging in there. I want to thank Gary and having us here.
Speaker 2: So much fun. Like I said, it went by way too fast. I felt like we were just getting rolling and now we have to leave, and.
Speaker 1: Now we got now we gotta go. Maybe we need to do it again sometimes I'll see how good we did with the people. Think let us know how we did, and if you want to see more of us, we are going to start. We've had a few requests on the discord. The streams are coming. We're gonna do some battle on the.
Speaker 2: Damn Twitch chan Jeff and media on Twitch.
Speaker 1: We're we're gonna be at that on the list. The summer has just been so damn busy, and Ryan's hurt and like the weddings, and.
Speaker 2: Once we're back in routine, we're gonna be all over that to Feenom's gonna be on there. We're gonna a bunch of people rolling. It's gonna be if you love video games, which I'm sure you do, that's where to go.
Speaker 1: We're your place to come. So thanks to Gary, thanks to all you for listening, Thanks to Phenom for sticking in extra late. Well done, And we're gonna be back and we'll probably talk about maybe some cards, maybe some sets, who the hell knows we're gonna be up to on the next episode of Commander Cookout podcast in Arthnes