Speaker 1: Feel the energy of the flaw. From the second to the ninth of August, Belfass welcomes the Coultist Flak Hilmahern, the world's biggest celebration of Irish music and culture. Enjoy lively plub sessions, street performances and all Ireland competitions on Belfass historic streets and worst class stages. Whether you're a devoted trup follower or a wide eyed first timer, be part of celebrating together. Plan your trip at flockhule dot Ie, organized by Cultis and Belfa City Council.
Speaker 2: Former Congressman Peter King, former Chairman of the Homeland Security Department and Congressman King, We've got to ask you to continue our discussion here that we've been having all morning about the national security issue that foreign money, whether it's in campaign funds.
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, the title of the conversation is America is under attack.
Speaker 2: Right, America under attack not just from Iran or from terrorists and bombs, but from money from fentanyl vise and from voting influence. All this is illegal. What do your take on all this? Because we think this is just as dangerous as bombs and guns.
Speaker 4: No, there's doctor's a thread from foreign money. All I would say, though, that is a thread from within that he would have to foreign money and Domini and that crowd, it would still be powerful. But the part of money adds to what it gives them, how they wouldn't have otherwise something that it has to be analyzed. Bersonal carefully should be prosecuted. I believe how they getting where with it for a long time. The only thing I would say is status focused on that because the fact is whether if any money or not, there's a real threat political threat in this country for people who support the DOMI whether or not this money the money, and so that was the moment in top so to me, we have to fight this on many fronts.
Speaker 2: Peter King. We but we also learned and I played the sound of a member of the German government admitting and boasting that they have been using German money government money to recruit socialist Canda foundation from some foundations, but.
Speaker 3: A foundation in Germany influencing you know, I can't believe this stuff is happening, recruiting candidate and nobody goes to jail.
Speaker 4: Well it shouldn't. I mean any type of use to bow money is illegal about it. It's almost entirely illegal. It should be get investigated and prosecuted. And it's been going on two years, but really reached the last several years. I mean, Russian has been trying to instruing our elections for fifty years. But the fact is within the last i'd say ten years, all that big Buddy that Act, no money, all of that, so much that is intlicated with FORWED funds, and it's there, It's no doubt about it. So that's get I think investigated Pasch. Look, Camplin as Hey, Peter, it's George. You know, hey, George, how are you doing?
Speaker 5: Unless until you make an example, you're not going to stop it. You know, you have to.
Speaker 4: You have to.
Speaker 5: You have to deter what's going on. And and I think you know you were there. You were under pressures of raising funds. And I think for a lot of these politicians they need the money, you know. And it's it's sad how like John says, we're under attack in many ways, but this is the biggest area that we're under attack.
Speaker 6: People have gone to jail. They went to jail. Under Eric Adams administration. You had this guy erden Arkin. Okay, they claimed that he funneled money from Turkish government, uh to the Adams campaign. Right. So during the Biden administration they they probably speed it up the process of incarcerating people. But uh, you know we need to speed it up. As John said, people need to go to jail. You know, politicians are there to represent us, not to rob us, not to you know, take foreign money and and you know, compete with their with their competitors.
Speaker 4: Peter George, I think you agree with many times. You don't know what part of.
Speaker 1: Money this is Fernando.
Speaker 6: This is Fernando people.
Speaker 3: Well let him finish, Yes, let him finish. Okay, please, let's just step over each other.
Speaker 4: What I'm gonna say is that the danger is often that money is received. He's candidate fantasy getting is that you realize his par and money. It's much more clever than that. I say it right here to New York, I think to he agrees with me on this. It's a real threat for Chinese money. He needs indicats coming down and that's the reality. At least have people from a respect and looking respectful in the community and they excuse the foundations me while that working the way in and the money as a real political in thro so China is that I think we focused on Russia, who we should, but also shines real sad people are getting over the step that right now, yeah, you know trank roll, whether it's post that they said, don't know, we get you're talking about fireing buddy China's money and so it's said come to many shapes forms that it really has to be investigat.
Speaker 5: Now. They're really smart on how they cover it up, There's no doubt about that.
Speaker 3: Very smart.
Speaker 5: And even that the Act bluw that was, you know, think about there was an ingenious way of doing it. Well, that's why we have to once we get a get a handle on some of this stuff, we've got to break it open.
Speaker 3: For everybody that wants to know what when we raised the price When President Biden's administration raised the price of oil to one hundred dollars a barrow, it made the foreigners wealthy beyond beyond. And what they did is to reward back the Democratic Party. They fed it back to the Act Blue hundreds of millions of dollars. They made hundreds they donated hundreds of millions, but they made hundreds of billions. So it's like giving you a commission, thank you for making making us billions of dollars. Here's a couple of hundred make it. And the Democratic ball Party through Act Blue, found his system to bring it in and not report.
Speaker 5: It right and then, and that's where I think sorows sorrows does it a lot of it for for for game, for financial gain.
Speaker 2: He has no ideology. He's not a leftist. I don't call him a leftist.
Speaker 3: He just wants to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he wants to leftist or rights. He's about money. Yeah, he's trying to. He's trying to figure out the best way to make money.
Speaker 2: It's a cheap investment for him. I mean the amount of money that he originally spent on these district attorney elections which no no one had ever nationally sponsored, all these local dacts create the sort, right, because he knew this is this guy has a running bet George and everyone else against the US dollar. That's George Soros's bet, and he's it's a bad bet, by the way, so we'll have the last laugh.
Speaker 3: Well, President Trump made it a bad.
Speaker 4: Bet, that's right.
Speaker 2: But Peter King, he's not a leftist or he's not. He's trying to undermine the country.
Speaker 4: Correct, Yeah, I just I wanted to undermine our way of life. I was struck to a adding economy. I mean, so job, he's not a good guy, and he's also coming direct the political ideology, the post of all it's made ideologies to bring down the country.
Speaker 2: Peter King, America also under attack. We talked about drugs. We talked about fentanyl and how there is a difference between the drug trafficking of today and the drug trafficking of the Miami Vice nineteen eighties. Sure, the Mexican gangs that are at the final end of that chain are looking to make money, but the Chinese who created this fentanyl and flooded it into those gangs, they're also not about They're not They're the opposite of story. They're not about money, They're about killing our children. You know, John was saying it's like a seven thirty seven crashing every day. I said, it's like a Vietnam War every other month in the amount of people who are being killed. You must have seen some of this while you were still in Congress.
Speaker 4: China is coming out of a direct drug tray. Fits. All of that is a major major part of it. So is the cyber attacks on us. So is the fact that they expanding their business interests all over the world, but the South of Africa, at America, North Africa, Europe, China is coming out of from all directions. That's why the prison Trump you tell you that she has spread, I wouldn't trust him, trug and throw. He is the ultimate dams in China is the mooki everywhere. Their military is expanding dramatically, and you're right, drugs are a key compoter, but they got a psyche and occupants coming out direction.
Speaker 2: Bernana mate, I want to ask you to join the conversation and with a question I have for you, but also for the how do people on the street, the workers in the cities suffer from this? How do they how do they affect?
Speaker 6: Then they're there, you know, when you come into the neighborhoods where bodegas and cab drivers drop people, you know, and where people live, they're affected because it's their community consuming defen and all is their community consuming the drugs. Is their communities that are uh that that are involved in all this crime and all these shootings and all these murders. You know, this doesn't happen in wealthy neighborhoods. Of course, you're going to get a wealthy kid once in a while that becomes a junkie. But most of this is happening in the housing projects in Nische, Okay, in the in the Bronx and Brooklyn and Queens and and all over the areas where our community lives. So we're the ones deeply affected by this, okay, And we are the ones that need to start fighting back by putting the right people in office, and we're not doing that.
Speaker 2: They're also affected by it's their politicians who are being funded by this foreign money and being they.
Speaker 6: Are being funded. But understand something. The reason why everyone believes that the out of boroughs are all democratic you know, strongholds, they are wrong. The reason why they are thought to be democratic strongholders because every elected official is a Democrat. Your assemblyman, your senator, your counselman, your congressmen, you know. So you're surrounded by Democrats. But the truth of the matter is that these business people are not Democrats. They're Republicans. We just haven't gone after them. We haven't done anything to stop all this nonsense. Okay, So the drugs are affecting the Black community and the Hispanic community more than any community out there.
Speaker 2: Peter kinging last word to you, what's yournance? I mean not just your prognosis, but what's your you know, what's your idea how we can fix this prescription.
Speaker 4: We need to aden that we have to fight them at all fronts. Obviously drug use the main ones. Fire and money is another one. Also Chinese influence other governments to influence our government, our businesses, and also fire powers. We have to stay strong. All of this is to mind. You're right defence. I'm on my way to a funeral with a good friend, Charlie Norton. Nobody sorry, tell me what a great light He's always mad to me, but never ben seeing his name on radio. So Charlie, A Joe, what's sing? I'm on the way to chilling w ABC. I haven't gone down to point. We have a drink for you afterwards.
Speaker 2: Breezy Point, Oh, the Rockaway is a very very soft spot in my heart. Fernando, I lived there too, not on Breezy Point. I lived in the regular far Rockaway.
Speaker 6: But okay, Peter's always an honor having you here. You know, you bring an Institution of Knowledge.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, Peter, and have a great weekend and enjoy celebrating the life of your friend.
Speaker 3: I have a great weekend, peterre okay, Peter, you the best.
Speaker 7: Thanks for listening to Sit and Friends in the Morning. You can hear Sit and Friends in the Morning weekday mornings at six. If you like the podcast, share it with your friends and listen anytime at WABC radio dot com and download the WABC Radio app. Hit that subscribe button on all major podcast platforms. Plus, follow WABC on social on Instagram, TikTok book an X see you next time for a new episode so you never have to wonder
Speaker 4: What the heck is going on here,