Speaker 1: Well, because I turned it off and I can't hear you. I can hear you.
Speaker 2: Can you hear me?
Speaker 1: I can hear you? Kidd God, Okay, are you know? Are they gonna leave that in that cold open at the beginning when I couldn't hear you, I thought that was pretty funny? Is that gonna be on the show?
Speaker 2: I actually don't even care at this point, like anymore, like.
Speaker 1: Just I've never seen I've never seen the show.
Speaker 2: They have clipped things.
Speaker 3: They fan bases hate me, people wish death upon me, Like at this point, at least the funny ship that happened in the.
Speaker 1: Show, why the so you will like, you'll say something about like a player that you don't think is good, and then these guys Johnny and Louis will clip it, and then that fan base will come come for you. Is that the way the kids say that?
Speaker 3: That's what I think the the idea is they spin it in a certain light, right, and it's like common is like Kelly in Vegas doesn't like X, and then everybody who likes X gets mad.
Speaker 1: You're not talking about the social media platform. You're talking about a player.
Speaker 2: No, I'm using algebra.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I'm from you know.
Speaker 2: Like bind X.
Speaker 1: So you you don't like Caleb Williams. And I guess what I want to.
Speaker 3: Know may or the New England Patriots or you or the University of Texas or you don't.
Speaker 1: Like you don't like University of Texts. That's true, you don't like Universe. But what, like how far are you going to carry this Caleb Williams thing? Like, because I have a we're.
Speaker 2: Talking about Kayleb Williams. It is March fourth, you know, mister, I don't want to talk about the NFL. It's talking about the NFL, alright, No, but I want to talk about you.
Speaker 1: I want like, how far are you going to carry this thing? Because like, I have a I have a great friend that we were talking about before we record. His name is Adam Hill. He's he's a great guy, and he is still still pretending the job Allen isn't good and that the Bills made a mistake drafting him. I mean, are you gonna are you gonna do this for like ten years with Kayleb Williams or let's see what.
Speaker 2: Next yer holds for Caleb right elevated his game.
Speaker 1: Ben Johnsons still gonna be there exactly.
Speaker 3: So let's see what next year looks like. Okay, I mean, are the Minnesota Viking is gonna be any good? With JJ McCarthy, I don't know. Jordan Love maybe show some glimpses of greatness, Dan Campbell and the Lions also missing Ben Johnson, So maybe the Bears are gonna be good again because the rest of the NFC North has taking a step back.
Speaker 1: This morning, I was I was getting ready for work, and I usually watch the business news. I don't and and I don't have any I have no sound on because I don't give a shit what anybody says. I just want to see the numbers, you know. But for some reason, I have no idea why. I have no because I never do this, but I changed the TV in my room to ESPN, like while I was getting dressed. I have no idea why don't have an explanation for that? And they were talking about Jerry Jones talking about making the Dallas defense Dallas Cowboys defense better there and they were talking about that do they have a championship level offense? And I swear I was thinking to myself, why the fuck are they talking about this in March? Just like you. Maybe that's why we do have good chemistry on the show, because I that was exactly what I was thinking as I was getting dressed this morning. Why are they talking about the Dallas Cowboys. It's March fourth, There's a big UFC event on Saturday here in Las Vegas. We have even college basketball, college basketball there is going on.
Speaker 2: Baseball season is coming, fucking World Cup.
Speaker 3: Like even I'm kind of excited for the World Cup from like a content perspective, and see if we can win some money and if the United States wins.
Speaker 2: By the grace of God, boy, oh boy, lookout, when's the when's the World Cup?
Speaker 3: Our good friend Tom has convinced me that I should bet the United States at eighty to one, so I have some skin in the game.
Speaker 2: So I did.
Speaker 1: We're talking about You're talking about Tom Viola, and he works for you. He works for you, now. Yeah, Tom's a great kid, and I've done a number of things with Tom over the years.
Speaker 2: A United States soccer homer should I.
Speaker 1: Not gonna win? Is not gonna win the World Cup? Tom?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But like what if they get kind of close and then I can his hedge eighty to eighty to one?
Speaker 3: The rest of the market was like sixty to one, and I was like, all right, fine, I'll take this eighty to one.
Speaker 2: And he goes, good luck on that side of her paying you out, and I was like, fair enough.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what that means. I don't know what that reference what that's a reference to. I'm a legal wager.
Speaker 2: I don't know that's his point.
Speaker 1: Good luck.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't make it at the House of John Murray. I probably should have waited until I got there. In a couple of weeks, I got so excited from USA Hockey that I just that was.
Speaker 1: Awesome, wasn't it was? That was really cool.
Speaker 3: It was a really fun like what was it thirty six hours, the women.
Speaker 2: Win the goal, the women the women goal, Canadians, the men win the gold.
Speaker 3: We get to rouse the Canadians and the rest of the world and the hovels, like it was just like, uh.
Speaker 2: It was like it was just so much fun.
Speaker 1: It was fun. And the women's goal was probably the better of the two goals, you know, I think the men's game game I thought was better. It was just dramatic the way that Canada was always pressing on us and our goalie kept making all those saves, but the actual winning goal, probably the women's won, was the better goal. Whatever, we're splitting hairs. The bottom line is that we won the gold medal, both gold medals. Take that, Canada. That's your sport, you losers, and we.
Speaker 3: Want Yeah, like a handful of Canadian guys.
Speaker 2: One of our owners is Canadian. So just fun. I think it like renews a little bit of rivalry.
Speaker 3: And you know, just today I saw on X that it was the and of forty seventh, forty sixth anniversary because nineteen eighty right.
Speaker 1: Nineteen eighty were Lake Placid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, forty six anniversary of beating Russia. And that was like on the cover Sorts Illustrated.
Speaker 1: Now this time you're talking about X, the social media platform. Yes, well they walked out now they beat I believe they beat Finland for the gold medal. The famous miracle on ice game was in the semi final round.
Speaker 2: Oh see, I was born.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I wasn't born either now, but I fr it is possible to look things up, but I I do. You might have that wrong. I might have that wrong, and your fans may correct me.
Speaker 2: I think beating Russia was more important because we hated.
Speaker 1: Oh what well they were, Well they were the USSR was the power and they were supposed to win. Does it take anything away from the victory that we had this year that they weren't in the Olympics. I'm just asking. I mean, I think I think USA and Canada are clearly the two best teams, although I think Sweden I think recently won the gold medal.
Speaker 2: Was it Finland that gave Canada a run for their money?
Speaker 1: They were all, yeah, Canada had a couple, uh, they had a couple of dicey ones there, but yeah, that was awesome. That was good for business too. I guess we haven't spoken since then, but they they did a good job. Even the NBA did a good job with their All Star format this year, where somebody was smart enough to realize that the players only try in the fourth quarter, so they just made it essentially four fourth quarters and it actually worked out pretty well. So I guess everyone's just doing a good job. There's nothing to complain about.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you have nothing to complain about.
Speaker 1: How are you? How are you doing college basketball? I feel like you because we have a we have a group chat that's all about college basketball picks, and it's you. It's my buddy Joff job Off. I went to high school and college with him. He's kind of like a free handicapping talent. It's kind of like two for the money where he's just like this mutant.
Speaker 3: He was just gonna start sharing stuff with me every single day, right, he does the best betting show ever with Joe Raniery and then pres and then all of a sudden, he just hasn't sent me anything, and like, I don't know what to say.
Speaker 1: He's off arts off on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Speaker 3: But he didn't send anything Sunday or Monday either, And on Saturday he sent me a bunch of stuff. I think it went did pretty well anyway. So I have just been kind of treading lightly. I had I had Georgia last night. I ended up taking a bad number. I took pick them even though one and a half was available at.
Speaker 2: A couple of we'll call him other shops.
Speaker 1: That I I don't know what explain legal shops.
Speaker 2: It's not available in the state of Florida.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: And I did take pick them, and I thought, you know what, that was pretty stupid. And then Georgia just absolutely throttled them wire to wire and Florida looks really good. Boy, does Florida look really good again? And I did not bet them last night and they were down, kind of not down, but they were early. They didn't look great against Misissippi State, and in the second half they just absolutely turned it on once again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they Florida. Florida looks like they're I mean, it looks like there's three teams that have distanced themselves. Duke, Arizona, Michigan. You know, the Duke Michigan game a couple of weeks ago was the best bet game we've had this season, our biggest win of the year because everybody was on Michigan. Duke wins that game. Joff was at that game, Jos the freak. He was at that game. He had a suite at the game. Must be nice. And Arizona looks really good too. You know, they've had some really good wins lately. But I feel like the fourth team to really worry about is Florida. I don't think it's Yukon, and I haven't bet on you, but I don't think it's on themselves. But Yukon could have lost at home to Seaton Hall over the weekend. They that was that was, that was touch and go. I don't know. I don't think it's Yukon. I think it's I think it's Duke. Then either Arizona or Michigan, and then the other one and then Flora.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I need, I need, I need uh. I always say to start to turn it on here. They they've kind of fizzled out themselves here over the last couple of weeks, and I'm going, all right, guys, this is not how we start March. Now is when you need to be trending upward and they're crashing.
Speaker 1: Well they are that They're that great win two Mondays ago at home they be Houston is a great game where they they overcame like a ten point deficit in the second half. Very entertaining college basketball game. I don't know that they've won since.
Speaker 3: Well, the game that I like Texas Tech, and Texas Tech goes into Ames outright underdog winner and then turns around and just completely lays an egg last night versus TCU, and I did see that coming.
Speaker 1: Texas Tech without Obi topping correct went into Ames. I think that was I always say it's first home loss of the year. But I'm sure I'm missing a game, Like I'm sure I'm missing something.
Speaker 2: But I feel like I was their only home loss this season.
Speaker 1: But I don't think. I always say it's one. Since that game against Houston, They've they've been on a They've been through a rough stretch, Houston's Houston's been through a rough stretch.
Speaker 3: From like a power rating perspective, what do you what do you make?
Speaker 2: What do you do? You guys have top ten? I mean you're going to talk about it on last call all the time.
Speaker 1: I gave you my top four?
Speaker 2: Well, why can't I get the rest?
Speaker 3: Because I want to see if Iowa State's like maybe ten, nine, ten eleven, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'd have to look at a list of teams. Uh, they're probably around there, right, I mean, because the Big Twelve I think you were. You were on one of your your.
Speaker 3: Secab Are you kidding Auburn over a Miami Ohio Bruce Pearl?
Speaker 2: Give me a break?
Speaker 1: Isn't isn't the Big twelve clearly the best team.
Speaker 2: In the best conference?
Speaker 1: Sorry, the best conference? Excuse me, don't think Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think so? And Utah sucks and KU is not even any good this year.
Speaker 1: But come on, I don't think you can say sucks on the show for KU bad loss last night they lost to Arizona State.
Speaker 2: They had in Arizona State.
Speaker 1: That was nice. What a weird season for them with you know, Peterson potentially being the first overall pick. It's kind of weird now that the two guys that everyone's calling the first pick or Peterson and Dabonsa for byu By used to have a horrible season from their from their preseason projection.
Speaker 2: You pay all this money.
Speaker 3: I'm really curious to see what this roundtable looks like for college sports, right, Like, what are we going to accomplish? I mean, Jane Taylor, our athletic director, has been screaming it for years like, hey we have a problem here, something is something needs to be done. And now I kind of feel like, because it's been the wild wild West, I don't know how we but it back in the box, right?
Speaker 2: How do we how do we go back?
Speaker 3: And then where do we have protocols? If you won't play, I mean, Darren Peterson is not hurt. He can play like he's hurt.
Speaker 2: All he wants.
Speaker 3: He tries to check himself out of games because he probably has an agent going, Hey, you're going to be the first number on overall pick and you're gonna cost yourself millions. But you're being paid millions to do a job that you're not doing well.
Speaker 1: You know what, here's something that you know you're you're young enough to remember this. They used to let players like the great Kobe Bryant, the great Lebron James, Tracy McGrady, Dwight Howard, Kevin Garnett. They used to go straight from high school to the pros. They made it so that you had to go to one year for college, one year of college, I should say, But now that they're paying the college players anyway, if a guy, if a guy in high school is good enough to go pro, why not? I mean, like Cooper Flagg probably could have played in the NBA last season, Yeah he could have. So why not just let these guys like why not just let Darren Peterson go right to the NBA? Why they're paying them and playing college anyway? Is there any I.
Speaker 2: Feel like we're just not getting the most from some of them.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of players college basketball, college football that you can kind of just tell their heart's not in it.
Speaker 1: No, and well he's the I've never seen an examples as glaring as him, because that's always what that's always what the bleeding hearts say when they're criticizing pro sports. They say, oh, the college kids care so much more and the pros don't care. And I think that is in some cases true. But look at Peterson on Kansas. But the reason is it's not even criticism of Peterson. He is a pro. He's being paid money to play basketball, is a pro basketball player.
Speaker 3: Obviously, k State basketball has been a dumpster fire this year. Right, Jerome Tang gets fired and now he's kind of going through the motions. They win last night over your Mountaineers somehow in the last home game of the season, but trying to figure out when they care when they don't care? As interesting, well, their last big twelve game of the season is at KU on Saturday, and my buddy goes, what do you make the line? I go, I don't know, like eleven or twelve. I was like, I'm not in front of my computer. So then twenty minutes later, I sit down in front of my computer, open up Ken palm. He makes it seven and I'm like, wait, seven, and my buddy writes back eleven or twelve, I would make it twenty. We're gonna get blown out of the water. And I'm like, I don't think he.
Speaker 2: Was that good. But they have had some moments this year where they can turn it on.
Speaker 3: I will say this, It doesn't that that rivalry doesn't matter anymore. It's very clear when you are only at a university for one year like these basketball players are, and then they transfer, and then it's really hard to build up what used to be this big rivalry and understand the hatred that needs to be involved. True, like when K State football had all of these problems this year and I was pissed off after Dublin and I was pissed off at other games. I text one of my buddies.
Speaker 1: Didn't you didn't handle Dublin?
Speaker 2: Well, no, I did not.
Speaker 3: And I will say this, I texted much if you guys do not beat the ever living dog shit out of Ku like dogs fire, everybody tweets you don't like those Now you just wait, you guys lose the KU.
Speaker 2: You guys are an underdog two KU. That's how bad the season is.
Speaker 3: And I really think it kind of saved the season in a roundabout way. They almost went into Utah afterwards and beat Utah outright.
Speaker 1: Your text saved the season?
Speaker 3: No, them beating the shit out of KU because that's what's expected.
Speaker 2: The football team is loaded with Kansas kids. The basketball team is loaded.
Speaker 3: With all transfers and a guy from Oklahoma who's not going to be their next year because we just fired the coach you wanted to play for.
Speaker 1: It does it does? Suck, doesn't it? Because you know you know that. I'm a huge Georgetown fan. My dad went me and my brother big hoyas fans. He was actually at the game last night. They played at Saint John's in the Garden. My brother was there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they looked good, and I know they did.
Speaker 1: They played well. They played well till the end of the game. But I was watching the game in my office listening to the game, and one of the guys on the Hoy is that's been a backup most of the year. He made a few buckets in a row, and the announcers are talking about how he's auditioning for next season, whether it's here or somewhere else, And there was like a brief pause and the guy's like, that's the reality of college basketball now. And obviously the guy's right, He's totally right, but it.
Speaker 2: Still sucks, like you don't want to admit that.
Speaker 3: I mean, somebody had texted me last night, what do you think of KU?
Speaker 2: And I said, well, now that PJ.
Speaker 3: Haggerty's out and the lines only moved a point, I go, that's very telling. And he was like, oh, PJ Haggerty's out. I'm like, you think PJ. Haggerty gives a fuck about playing basketball the rest of the season.
Speaker 2: No, he does not.
Speaker 3: On his paycheck. He started off the season red hot. All hell breaks loose, the wheels fall off the wagon. And now these guys already know they have a spot on another team. They've already probably talked to coaches, they.
Speaker 1: Probably have an agent working on their land them their next gig. Of course, what uh boy? That was a good ramp. That was good stuff. Good job, that was good. I think we can clip some of that stuff. You were on point. That was really good. Hey, you know what I got before you get to the picks, I got a beef. I'm pointing at you. You never congratulated me, you know, I'm no Kinks remember I'm not your.
Speaker 2: Congratula.
Speaker 1: A few times on the show, I think it pretty.
Speaker 3: Much congratulated you last time by trying to mush it by saying I hope they go twenty four and too.
Speaker 1: I wanted to do that because I would have I would have enjoyed having that bad beat story. That would have been worth more than the money the rest of your life, be the best beat of Like I.
Speaker 2: Needed this team.
Speaker 3: I needed this team to win twenty. I needed this team to lose. How many games twenty they need?
Speaker 1: Like I think they if they had gone twenty four and two after the All Star break, I think that was the number. But they also shut down like all their players they're they're, yeah, they're they're they're tanking for the draft, So that would have been funny.
Speaker 3: But no talks about certain times, like right now, it's like, okay, what do these kids have left to play for? Do they care? And then the NBA is doing the same thing. It's like, all right, you know the Pacers tanking. I guess we're gonna find out.
Speaker 1: NBA is tough. NBA regular season is a tough watch. Are the Pacers tanking? Of course they are. They Halliburton's out for the year. They it's actually a good strategy. They get it.
Speaker 3: But here's my question. Again, We're supposed to be betting numbers, not teams. Like eventually, you guys are just gonna keep posting this outrageous number and they're gonna cover.
Speaker 1: Well, we have done that. We had these numbers gotten out of control. NBA regular season is tough. I don't have any picks on that. I don't have any NBA picks.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's right up our audience all they want.
Speaker 1: But I'm also not going to pay any attention. I'll watch the like when they get to like the conference finals, because I love basketball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like May, I'll watch in May.
Speaker 1: I'll watch some of that, but I'm not gonna watch.
Speaker 2: I'm going to watch the World Cup.
Speaker 3: I don't even like soccer, but I got a cheer for the USA and my eighty to one ticket.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna watch the World Cup. I'm going to watch a lot of the World Cup, and we are going to do we are gonna do a little watch parties here at the super Book for Team USA games with drink specials and Team Mexico games with drink specials. You know when we.
Speaker 3: Went to Allegiance for USA Mexico, my first soccer game in the United States because I went to one in Costa Rica one time.
Speaker 2: But they made leave early. Anyway, whose they the school.
Speaker 3: They were like, you guys have to leave, like it's not safe because cost Rico was gonna lose.
Speaker 1: WHOA.
Speaker 3: Yeah, They're like, you guys have to leave or like what and they're like this, this could get dangerous if they lose.
Speaker 2: I think they lost like one, nothing or nil or whatever.
Speaker 3: Anyway, when we went to the game in Allegiance and your good friend Rex was explaining the entire game to.
Speaker 2: Me and I had I had bet it to be a tie and then it went to overtime.
Speaker 1: Well it was, so if you bet, it's really important. I don't want to bore you with soccer talk, but it is really important that you understand the rules of soccer wagering. If you've been into the three way price where tie is one of the three options, that's what I did, and it ends in a tie. You lose if you don't bet the tie. Yes, right, So three ways soccer has a much higher hold for the house than two way soccer. Two way soccer where it's just a it's like a football money line and if it ends in a draw, you get your money back. So I think it's important people need to understand that because it always causes problems on these big soccer events. If you don't know what you're doing, you should ask somebody. And yes, I think it's ridiculous how high the whole percentage for those European sports books is. And it's because like eighty percent of their business is on three way soccer, and that is a very high whole percentage. Duh, got it? Yeah, we are gonna we are gonna do yeah, bet the two it.
Speaker 3: What I was saying is that the fan like it was fifty Mexico fans fifty percent United States fans. I think I think it was more it was they were wild, they were having I mean again, I was sharing for a tie, so I was pretty quiet.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I remember one time when I was a young man, I was watching the World Cup and I bet a game to end in a draw and one of the teams was up one zero and the other team or they're up by one goal, I don't know what scores. They're up by one goal and the other team got a penalty kick in like the dying minutes of the game, so and I'm like, oh, awesome, I'm gonna win. And the guy kicked it over the goal and they lost, and I was pissed and I never bet the draw again. I was annoyed by that. You never forget these things you know we will do.
Speaker 2: You never remember like the good, the good, you remember the shitty ones.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I got one one college memory. I do have a betting joff and I bet over on a big Monday game. It was Cincinnati against somebody. I think it was Mark keV but that doesn't matter. They were down by two and they were inbounding from underneath their own basket and they inbounded to So you remember this name Steve Logan at Cincinnati. Remember he looked like he looked like DMX. Remember that guy.
Speaker 2: No, but have you seen that X account?
Speaker 3: That's like that guy rocked and they like, I feel like he would be on one of those.
Speaker 1: That account's awesome. But anyways, Logan dribbled the length of the floor and he made a shot at the buzzer to put the game into overtime and put it over the total. That was a fun one, So it's fun. Uh, some good memories there. We will do drink specials, booth and pod pricing. USA Mexico World Cup soccer games will be this summer. First game is June eleven, Mexico plays South Africa. That's the opening game of the World Cup. And then the next night June twelve in Los Angeles, USA, Paraguay. I'll be in Seattle June nineteen, USA, Australia in Seattle. The World Cup is gonna be awesome. Man, you get excited, Kavy. I'm excited for you to tell me what Brett likes sweaking the golf tournament.
Speaker 2: Where's we bet Brett bet Rory. I don't know if you want to take his pick. We had Shane Lowry last week. Oh, I was like.
Speaker 3: Like what did I do? We were talking about bad beats, Like what did I do to deserve that?
Speaker 1: That sucks?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And we were in.
Speaker 3: Like mid four hundredth place on Splash and now we're like like six hundred place.
Speaker 2: Get like Shane just shitting the bed.
Speaker 1: Just he got he double eagles sixteen or double legal double Bowie's sixteen and then he goes to the tea box on seventeen that looked like me tea, It's like.
Speaker 2: Shake it off.
Speaker 3: You're not on a shot clock, like if you can need a second, like get get the bad double bogie off of you.
Speaker 1: Like that was so bad. That was so ridiculously bad.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Brett likes Rory. Yeah, I don't. I don't think. I don't.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know he's Choky, not choky, but he's like what behind right behind Scotty.
Speaker 1: Well, it's hard to it's hard to decide because I'm in a similar pool on Splash where you can only use that, you can only use each guy once.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's what. Yeah, that's what.
Speaker 1: One of our entries is doing pretty well, but we use Shuffler. A couple of weeks ago. I think you finished second, you want a lot of money, and our entry doing pretty well. And then one of my buddies is like, oh, le's he's Rory, and I'm like, okay, we could. But then before we even get to the Players, the Players is next week, before you even get to the Players Championship, we'll have used Scheffler and Rory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what Bret said.
Speaker 3: He goes, we haven't used I forget who we said, we're saving which tournament. We're saying there's a big money, there's like a higher payout, right, because it's all about the the.
Speaker 2: A crell of the amount of money that you win.
Speaker 1: It might be the it might be the Players Championship next weekend.
Speaker 3: Either way, He's like, no, we're saving Shuffler for whatever xpail. I'm letting him kind of run the show there. We had uh, we had uh Matsiama as well. So like we've had some couple like really girl Sundays.
Speaker 1: You had Matsama the one where he didn't win where he was in the league. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how do.
Speaker 1: You how do you handle that when when that doesn't go?
Speaker 2: I don't really give a ship.
Speaker 1: You handle it with grace or a little bit of grace.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I saw other people saying they're gonna put Shane Louer in there.
Speaker 3: Do not Bet List and I'm like, nah, I mean it's golf.
Speaker 1: How many people have it do not bet list?
Speaker 2: I have a do not Bet list? And who's on what changes every single year.
Speaker 1: That's normal. So do you take people off of it?
Speaker 3: Or do you like there's no one person right, like there's not like like, I'm sure baseball betters have like a pitcher or two that they do not want to bet on or bet against, right, But like mine's more like teams, Like if you just don't have a good read on a team, you should not be betting them because you know what's gonna happen, Like, oh, I should have you bet on a team three weeks in a row, they disappoint you three weeks in a row. Week four, some jackasses like, oh, I'm gonna bet against this team because what they did to me the last three weeks. And it's like, then that's the week they cover. So I just would rather just have a do not bet list like this, you have a bad read on this team, so be it. Just there's other games to bet, there's other things to bet on.
Speaker 2: You don't need to do that.
Speaker 3: So but I laughed that somebody like had like this hilarious list of all the golfers he was never gonna bet on again on the X and Shane like to the top.
Speaker 1: If you bet Shane Lowry last week, that was a really good pick.
Speaker 3: Yeah he was minus five thousand, a really good pick five thousand before six.
Speaker 1: But in the pool that you're in, which is based on actual dollars one correct. Didn't Shane Lowry win a lot of money?
Speaker 3: I guess must Like I said, we dropped almost two hundred spots. What, yeah, we should talk about my March Madness though survivor on splash Why I got your ear?
Speaker 1: Why don't you tell me about your March Madness survivor? And then I got a couple of conference tournaments. I don't even know if I want to give them out, they've moved so much. I got some UFC picks for you because I know that your fans.
Speaker 2: You should just tell everybody at least what they bet.
Speaker 1: Your fans don't know. Your fans don't care what we have to say. They just want to look at you and get sharp plays right all.
Speaker 3: The rest that you should share what the shark guys bet for conference championships.
Speaker 1: Okay, I will. I'll do that. I'm gonna do that for any You shouldn't have, no, you shouldn't have no bet list. I I I have. Every time I go to a un LV basketball game, I bet them and they've lost like every single time until Saturday night. I was there. UNLV beat Nevada Reno in overtime. Take that Steve Alford and I won my bet and I was there Washington game. So you just gotta you just gotta keep going forward no matter how many times you lose. Just keep losing and one day he'll finally win. That's a strategy worked.
Speaker 3: They wont to get betting at Martin Gale style, so you had like twenty.
Speaker 1: I don't think i'd have any money left if I bet on my UNLV games Martin Gale style. I think I I think i'd be I think i'd be out on my ass because they've lost me a lot of games. They did have a nice win Saturday against Nevada Reno. They're playing a little bit better than in the season. You know, they beat Utah State last night at Thomas and macau Is. Well, they blew out Utah State. Actually, we'll see how they do next week in the Big or the Mountain West Tournament Mountain Conference tournament. Bets that we got that were sharp, Still you sure you want them? Yeah, I'll give you guys. Three future bets that we saw that moved a lot. How about that one is baseball to or college basketball? They bet baseball baseball, but it's no ma'am. The World Baseball Classic. They bet North Dakota State at plus one forty that is the Summit League, the Summit League. And they bet Tennessee State at plus two twenty to win the Ohio Valley Conference. One thing I've noticed with Sharper players in these conference tournaments, they tend to bet the chalk a lot more than you'd think. And I guess what they're saying. I know what they're saying is they think that the money line parlay of that team's path is not being priced correctly in their future odds, and that the value is actually landing on the favorite instead of the value landing on some team it's going to be an underdog in a few games, that that underdog, a team that's going to be an underdog in two or three games of the week of the week tournament should actually be paying out more than it does and the value has landed on the favorite side. And we see that pretty much every year with these conference tournaments. We write money on the favorites. We wrote money on High Point to win. I think they're in the Big South and they're they're minus money. I Point to win the Big South World Baseball Classic. Team USA is minus one oh five. If you look at their starting lineup, it's almost like, how could they not win? Have you actually looked at the lineup that they have. It's just it's ridiculous, It's ridiculous. Paul Skins obviously, well, I was talking about the hitters. I was talking about the Ice Harper, Ice Harper, Aaron Judge and Bobby Witt Junr. It's a murderer's row. But the team that we've really seen a lot of movement on, we took a lot of money on is Venezuela. Venezuela's gone from twenty to one.
Speaker 3: So basically all the MLB players go back to their home countries like the Olympics, and they play for their set home country.
Speaker 1: It's similar, it's similar. It's a similar structure to that. Yes, no, it's not quite as big as the World Cup or the Olympics.
Speaker 2: But you I've never heard of this.
Speaker 1: Now they've they've done it. They've done it maybe five or six times. I think last time Japan won. Oh Taani obviously is the star of the Japanese team. Japan is the second favorite here at plus three seventy five. Should be fun. I think the team USA's first game is Friday night. Do you want me to keep rolling into UFC three twenty six or do you want me to endure? I can just keep I'll just keep right on talking. I know that's what your listeners come for.
Speaker 2: Me.
Speaker 1: Talking sounds awful. They bet, they bet I'll start with the easiest name to pronounce, Michael Johnson. They bet Michael Johnson minus one twenty. He fights Drew Dober Drew Dauber. They bet Renee de Ritter. I like that one. They bet him plus two forty. He's in the co main event. I was really surprised at what a big underdog he was. It was I didn't I even said that to some of our team. I'm surprised. Doesn't mean he's gonna win, but because they took him at plus two forty, but really really big dog price there. And then in the main event they did take Max Holloway. So Max Holloway is fighting Charles Olivera du Bronx in the main event. I think that the BMF thing is really stupid. I think it's really stupid. But the but the upside of it is it gives us these great fights. Charles Olavera against Max Holloway is awesome, fight awesome Saturday night. Saturday night here in Las veg, Vegas. They bet Max minus one ninety and that price is steamed up where at minus two thirty. Oh that should be should we go. We'll be showing the We'll be showing the UFC event Saturday here at the Super Book Team Mobile Arena. Should be good, Okay, she'll be good. What do you have for me? Tell me about your latest contest?
Speaker 3: Uh, twenty five bucks. It's exact same as last year. It's two hundred and fifty thousand dollars guaranteed though, so we've got about five hundred entries. I think it's like a little over eleven thousand to get filled. So right now there's a huge overlay.
Speaker 1: Is this with your friend Ariel Epstein?
Speaker 2: No, this is by myself, by yourself?
Speaker 1: So are you no longer friends with Ariel?
Speaker 3: Of course, some friends with Ariel. But we just did some stuff and now baseball season's coming up. But she's gonna do her own thing and let me do some March Madnes stuff and then we'll have Kelly and Murray. Because there's some new technology coming out that I can't tell everybody about yet for football season.
Speaker 2: Let's just say that what does that happen? Will maybe be able to do some ATS survivors.
Speaker 1: Have you talked to Murray about Murray being on Kelly and Murray in football season?
Speaker 2: No, are you retiring and moving to Columbia?
Speaker 1: You might want to run that by Murray?
Speaker 3: Okay, wow, regardless if you're here or not, I cannot wait to do a ATS survivor. So years and years and years and years ago, I won an ATS survivor. I'm talking like twenty eleven. My buddy had it, you know back in the day when people had it on spreadsheet and you had to like go there and put in your pick, right, and it was the top twenty five, so you can only use each team one time, and it was against the spread. And I made it until week thirteen and I won, and it was like maybe a fifty.
Speaker 2: Dollars buying and I won like twelve or fifteen grand. It was cool. So that was really cool.
Speaker 3: So I picked just one team in the top twenty five against the spread every single week. So you can't use like Alabama every week or Clemson every week or whatever.
Speaker 1: That would it matter if you use the same team every week if it's against Yeah, they are.
Speaker 3: Going to use it once because it's Survivor and they have to be in the top twenty five. So what you want to do is try to find those teams that you think are gonna win this week and lose next week, and then a new set of teams come in the top twenty five. I don't know if we're gonna get that kind of technology, but definitely want to do an ATS Survivor. But anyway, back to Survivor Badness splash spoarts dot com, backslash Kelly in Vegas.
Speaker 2: You're gonna pick a winner each round.
Speaker 3: Except for the lead eight Day seven and eight you got to pick two. That is gonna be hard. That is to be able to get all of the you know get let's let's just we'll just call it what cleanse Cleanse the palette.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say thin the Herd, but that sounds really bad.
Speaker 3: But anyway, we're going to find the herd lead eight and then two hundred fifty thousand dollars gar team. So what we're hoping for is some really fun upsets because last year was pretty fucking chalky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we didn't I was looking at last year's numbers. We did we didn't do well. We did well, Sorry, we did well the first weekend. We had a nice first weekend. But think back to the second weekend. I think the favorites in Sweet sixteen straight up went sixteen and oh. I think that they did. And then obviously we know that all for one seeds one in the Elite eight because we had four one seeds in the final four, so of course we know that. So does that mean that the that the favorites went well, I'm sorry, eight to oh is what I meant to say. Eight to oh in the Sweet sixteen round and then four o in the elite Does that mean that the favorites went twelve and oh in the in the weekend?
Speaker 2: Straight up? I think?
Speaker 1: Right up, that's what I'm talking about. Is that right? I've got to be wrong about that. They can't.
Speaker 2: I'd have to look.
Speaker 3: But I know for a fact it was such a bloodbath the two weeks leading up to Florida that that's part of the reason why I hedged, because I was like, if if I.
Speaker 2: Had a good that's really because you were on.
Speaker 1: That cruise, right, That's what it was. I remember talking about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got my asking for blackjack.
Speaker 3: I had a bad college basketball a couple of weeks, so I was like, all right, I'm just gonna hedge this and guarantee myself money regardless.
Speaker 1: The second the Second Weekend won.
Speaker 3: A few dimes in college basketball. It had just been fifty to fifty. I don't know if I would have hedged that futures bet the Second was running and Florida should have lost so many times over I was just like, does not mean doesn't have a stress Let me just be stress free.
Speaker 1: Well, I think the biggest break Florida got was Duke losing. Like you when you watch the like looking at the NBA betting market this year, a Rookie of the Year betting market, You've got this duel between Cooper Flag and Conkinopole and they were both on Duke last year.
Speaker 2: I mean, Duke looks really good again this year.
Speaker 1: But that was the biggest break. Sometimes that's what you you know, Sometimes that's kind of what you need to win a championship. Somebody else knocks out Goliath and then you can just swoop in and take the title.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I need to happen for Iowa State.
Speaker 1: Though, I want to knock out a feath.
Speaker 3: Five points less than Duke Arizona, Michigan on a neutral.
Speaker 1: I think it's more than that.
Speaker 2: It's not here.
Speaker 1: Duke is Duke's good, Duke is good. Gave you guys? You have C three twenty six. What is our what's our schedule? Me and you kid, we're going.
Speaker 2: To do the show again next Wednesday.
Speaker 1: I can't. I can't do next Wednesday. Oh great, I'm playing golf with I'm playing golf with the boys.
Speaker 2: Oh we're playing golf. Okay, Well, don't mind me.
Speaker 3: I'll just be at the VA all weekend and most of next week and somewhere you can fit me in your busy golf schedule.
Speaker 1: Somebody has to go out on a Wednesday afternoon and.
Speaker 2: And has to take care of all the old people in her life.
Speaker 1: I have beers and play golf. I'm taking Mom just to Bizarre US.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm glad Mindy's coming. I'm gonna get her fucking wasted.
Speaker 1: Hold on a second, I'm taking Mom to Bizarre Meet on Saturday the fourteenth, and then I'm taking her to sant an need A racetrack on Sunday the fifteenth, so we are taking although I wouldn't call mom old, we are.
Speaker 2: Because listens to show.
Speaker 3: See I take all the old people old in my life because they don't listen to the show.
Speaker 1: Well, why don't We will figure out a time to do a show next week because we will have some good stuff for the conference tournaments. When are we doing a show while you're here?
Speaker 2: We're doing a live show Wednesday afternoon at the Westgate super Book and election Sunday show for wager Talk.
Speaker 1: And what time are we doing that?
Speaker 3: And then I lee and I get there at nine am Wednesday morning. I'm gonna go get my hair done, check into the west Gate, get a Marguerite at Velvet, and I'll meet you in the sports.
Speaker 2: Book at one thirty.
Speaker 1: I can't do one thirty. No, okay, Great Liverpool plays Liverpool Galla Tassaraye at one o'clock, so we've probably should do the show before the game because if they lose, I'm just gonna be like, fuck everything, I'm not doing the show.
Speaker 3: So but I that's not gonna work for me because I already made a hair appointment and I need to be like ready to go and freshened up. And then I'm doing KiB and Crack right after, and then Crack is gonna take all of us to dinner.
Speaker 1: I can't. I can't do one thirty. That's not that's not possible. But we could do later if you want.
Speaker 2: You're the fucking worst, okay, Or I.
Speaker 1: Could do the show. Or I could just find another girl and do the show with her.
Speaker 3: That sounds actually you just told me. I haven't even asked you if if the show is getting renewed. I'm like, I don't know, it's.
Speaker 1: Mine, I don't know. Oh boy, that sounds like a lot. That sounds like a big commitment. Why don't we say we'll talk this week about our next show, and you say hi to Jon Stewart for me, and I'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 3: M h m.