Speaker 1: Quick wit Evan Win.
Speaker 2: I'll show you gon ruin ahead be except with sweet the sewing in told out Shaw Shank through the sewer Kid, Now what chill in at the eagle?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: We doing in three you clyd go the doc got a habit for my house, a goat status. Howard's starting to get craddic shows that up both apply like a rabbit tuned in.
Speaker 1: So out break it up beat the habit.
Speaker 4: I'm hang out with my.
Speaker 5: Friend looking on the lady, Kati, Christine, all of them, lady, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Happy Friday, everybody. It's the world famous Ben and skin Show, Ben Rogers, Jeff skin Wade, for instance, nineteen eighty two, growing up here in Richardson, Texas. Kevin kt Turner, the Pride and enjoy of Only and Christina Kray little Baby corn Bread Ray from the Oatmeal Pizza Band, which is just the best Nirvana cover band.
Speaker 4: On the planet.
Speaker 1: We're happy to be hanging out with you on a Friday. I think the best thing for us to start with is just kind of move forward with the Lucas stuff, you know, the weekends.
Speaker 4: It's probably time to put a bow on all that.
Speaker 1: We'll maybe talk about it once or twice on the rest of the show, But is there any lingering Lucas stuff we need to button up before we move on quiet. I'm curious about y'all's thoughts on this because I've seen a lot of discussion out there is did the Mavericks do the right thing with the tribute video? And also do you want to conflate it or make it a different conversation about the shirts that said thank you and Slovenian like, do you put those things together? Was one appropriate where they both inappropriate? And knowing that there's nobody that I have yet to meet a single person that was for the trade, Okay, so I'm putting that aside. The trade is made, He's coming. How do you handle it? Did they do the right thing? So there's people there's so I feel so bad for people that work for the Mavericks because nobody in the MAVs wanted this, but one guy or two guys, maybe j Kid and Nico, they wanted this trade.
Speaker 4: And that's my opinion, my take.
Speaker 1: And I don't think that their new governor, even under it could have been a cricket league.
Speaker 4: He had no idea. He doesn't know anything about basketball.
Speaker 1: So you have the trade happening, which probably is the worst trade in the history of professional organized sports, maybe in the history of the word trade, maybe worse than any lunch room trade. That is, it may be the worst trade ever in all of trading. And so because of that, because people fell in love with their baby unicorn that received the baton from their retiring unicorn, I think it's so hard for people to move on. So I think it's an unfair dilemma as my point, like, I don't think some people can process it and move forward.
Speaker 4: For me, I have no problem with the love that they.
Speaker 1: Showed Luca, because that's what should have been done, like thank you for everything. The people who produced that didn't trade him, right, the people who made that didn't trade him. The organization they don't get to make that decision, so but they do get to put something like that together to show that they love him, and everyone in the house was there to show him love. So I don't have a problem with it. I think, before I get my thoughts, let's go around the horn. What do you think they're kt.
Speaker 4: I feel like we need certainty on I feel like I want certainty and we don't need it I want certainty on like who's involved in what at all times with every organization. We've done this with the Cowboys for many years. Is Jerry in charge or not? Is it Steven Jones and Will McLay. How much did McCarthy have to do with decisions or Garrett? So I always like want to know that stuff. I find all that to be fascinating. And with this, obviously Nico's were in the brunt of it. When it comes to a tribute video or t shirts or anything that's posted on social media, I always get the feeling that Nico has nothing to do with any of that stuff, cause you know, we all do you know YouTube shows for the MAVs, and we put to create content. We think it's okay, and you go read the comments and all the comments are fire and Eco, and you're like, well, you didn't even watch the show. You're just saying fire and Nico. That's like disheartening to me. So I was just like, want to know who's involved in what? And I feel pretty certain that Nico and I would imagine the owner are just not that involved in the idea of, hey, we're going to do a video. I could be wrong, but I just feel like they're probably not. I'm separating that I guess.
Speaker 1: Before I throw. Okay, what do you think, Christina, because you saw the video you were there in person?
Speaker 6: I did. I felt like it was really needed because we had him just ripped away from us and we didn't get to say bye, and he's finally back here. So I thought it was necessary and I was hoping it would give us all a little bit of closure. And I'm sure that's what they thought as well, like we kind of get some closure from it. When it kind of did the opposite, at least for me, it really just made it all worse. But I still loved it. I thought it was it was great.
Speaker 1: Just to be completely transparent on stuff. When I found out they were giving away shirts, my immediate reaction was huh um, I don't know about that. I don't know that I would have made that decision. But then when I walked into the arena and I saw the shirts everywhere, it suddenly felt like something more special and magnificent. And what I would say about the video is I didn't even watch the full video as it happened. I went back and watched it later because I was so suddenly sucked into watching Luca's face, right, and so I was like, I mean, it just it was so emotional and overwhelming, and I understand everyone's anger and frustration, and I understand having the feeling going in that how dare they do this? I understand that. I guess what I would say is, after everyone witnessed what actually happened with the video and what it did to Luca and the performance afterwards, I don't really understand having that same opinion afterwards, like you saw one of the most special sports moments you've ever seen. Yeah, that was Someone asked me, what was it like calling the game. I was like, it was sad and weird and awesome, Like I was so entranced with Luca all over again, and I just kept thinking about watching him cry, watching that video and then just killing it six of eight from three, Like I've seen a lot of games that are hyped up and the guy's got to go out there and man, he's got the jitters. How many finals games have you seen where they're both chunking up bricks when the biggest lights are on you. So he thought he emotionally couldn't handle what that place, and again Ben said it ninety nine percent of the people in the Mavericks organization probably highed didn't want the trade. They loved the man. They're devastated, and they showed him how much they loved him, and it moved him to tears. So like, I understand being bitter and jaden and going, how dare they do that? But I guess I'd say, did you not see what the result of that was?
Speaker 4: Dude?
Speaker 1: It was so much love for him and so much love from him back to everyone. To have his lip quivering and crying. Clearly he was never gonna leave here. He loved it here right right. And I saw Lakers fans that were upset, going, man, act like you're glad to be a Laker, you're crying about it? Like God, he didn't want it. He didn't even want to be a Laker.
Speaker 4: I heard.
Speaker 1: I also heard people that I really like and respect saying things like they purposely cut out a bunch of basketball and man, they had to shorten it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, because it was in the starting lineups.
Speaker 1: And one of the things that they wanted to do was they wanted and dude, there's no easy way to do this. But one of the things they wanted to do which they didn't have to do, which I think a lot of cynical people could argue made things worse, was show his connection to the community. Like I thought, the clip that stands out to me more than ning is that little girl grabbing his arm.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, so, yeah, if there's anything to it that would make the them look worse to do that, right, That's why you kind of just kind of got to realize that the people who made the trade were not involved on But I do think I assume they weren't involved in the making of the video.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think it underscores how difficult this has been on everybody.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: And I'm telling you the j Kid thing is fascinating to me. Uh you know the Babe Ruth quote before the game. Hey, it's some people are comparing the Babe Ruth. That's pretty cool. I'm like, wait, what what is going on there? He saw the Tim Callashaw call on my thing?
Speaker 4: What on earth are you saying?
Speaker 1: Uh? Wow, it is it was a it was a It's been a weird time. It's been a weird time. But hey, kudos to the Mavericks on doing a great job with all that.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, Skin has a philosophical question for all of us that's coming up in less than four minutes, so don't miss it.
Speaker 4: It's been in Skin Show ninety seven point one.
Speaker 1: The Eagle.
Speaker 4: Uh. We got lots to get to today.
Speaker 1: Coming up in the Hollywood Shuffle, we're gonna talk about overhype shows. But I got a I got two questions for you. One is very important involving what I'm thinking about for tomorrow. First of all, I'm always the last guy to see any sort of a trend or a meme or whatever. But I've noticed that everybody has a likeness of them as a Dollywhere what what's happening? What is it?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: I saw this.
Speaker 1: I think it's some AI stuff, right like I saw that you could take a there's some program where you can take a picture and turn it into an action figure that you can then crush with your fingers. That's what I should say. I should have said action figure. But also now it's just they're just going back to not even you don't crush it. It's just like a creator. It looks like you packaged as an action figure. You guys, really, you guys really haven't seen Okay, really, I've seen it everywhere, so I just assumed I was the last person to see it.
Speaker 4: No Groubs and Rhiner. I was looking at their action figures in the commercial books.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll send one that a friend sent earlier today, and you guys can look at it.
Speaker 4: You're talking about real or online?
Speaker 1: Uh, well, I'm gonna send this to you right now. It's online, but you just use an app. I thought it was maybe chat, GPT or maybe Snapchat or you know. I wasn't one hundred percent sure what it was. But whenever I see something everywhere all at once, I'm always like, okay, I've missed another thing. It's slown right out of my head, and now here I am in. The two thirty year olds on our show have no idea what I'm talking about. Okay, that's amazing. Also, my wife sent me one it's a b eleven minutes ago. It's a Barbie. It's like, that's Barbie logo, right, is that Barbie packaging? Yeah, that's why I said doll. But Ben's right, it's like an action figure.
Speaker 4: I okay, and it's but it's not real.
Speaker 1: Well, you could put any package that is Barbie but it's all online.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's all online.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so it's like, what would you look like as an action figure?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I had no id. I feel like I saw this for about an hour straight today. I was like, okay, I just give something else. It's kind of like when I was three days late for hawk to a girl. I get it, but everyone's it to it. So now I don't feel so bad.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I had no idea. This was the thing's first time seeing it. But it's really cool.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is supposed to be some dad stuff. Now I have a philosophical question for you. I'll start with Christinatato.
Speaker 6: I'm scared.
Speaker 1: Oh man, we talked about that at dinner last night. Tell me write this down, everyone, write it down. The first word regularly, What is the first word that comes to your mind when I say day drinking?
Speaker 6: Okay, Christina, what do you got headache?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Not a single word came to my head. I'm interesting. I don't know.
Speaker 1: There's always a navigation that comes along with day drinking for me, because I'm like, all right, am I gonna be in bed at six pm tomorrow night. And the reason I bring this up is there's a really fun thing that's happening tomorrow at fair Park. In fact, Rollertown beer Works, which is a brewery been and I are partners in, is one of the many breweries that are at it.
Speaker 4: And it's the big Texas Beer Fest. H that's a big one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's it's fun and there's food vendors and tons of breweries and it's in i think the Automotive building at fair Park. And so I'm looking at that and I'm going, all right, I'm gonna go, you know, I'm gonna hang out for a little bit. I love things like this, but I'm like, what time will I be in bed on a Saturday? Right?
Speaker 4: If you're drinking early? Right, what do you do? And that's a long uber too?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Uber there, golly, we're there. We're back over there drinking. For me, I've soured on it over the years unless I've got the plan of, you know what, we're going the whole night.
Speaker 4: So okay, but we just gotta keep it going.
Speaker 1: I gotta have a nap. I gotta have a nap at my age if I'm day drinking and doing something that night, and.
Speaker 4: So I usually fall asleep underneath the dartboard at a dive bar.
Speaker 6: Nap turns into you waking up at like two am, and then they're like, crap, I ruined my entire weekend.
Speaker 4: Yes, you're right, you feel like you've lost it.
Speaker 6: All that happened to me like a month ago, and I was so mad at myself.
Speaker 1: So what Okay, but what about just like one little uh you know, tropical drink by the pool.
Speaker 6: Oh fine, Yeah, if you pace yourself, you're fine. But that's not fun day drinks and pastes themselves.
Speaker 4: Right I do?
Speaker 1: I do remember the last day drinking I did was in Mexico. Like you know, if you're just at a resort. In case, you at a resort, and yeah, I mean I was in bed by eight thirty. Okay, you know me. What do you think the chances are on going to pace myself? It's something called Big Texas Beer Fest. I think you will not face yourself.
Speaker 5: Ah.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is the world famous ben and Skin Show. Happy Friday, everybody. I hope you have awesome plans this weekend. We have noticed that some of our ratings are up, which is good. We love getting good ratings. We love that so many people are listening to our podcast. People are streaming more all of those things. It's pretty damn exciting and we're getting good feedback, so we appreciate that. You can listen obviously ninety seven point one on the FM dial. You could stream it live on the iHeart app. But you can also go back and get all of our podcasts. You can listen to them individually. You can get each show as one about a one hour long podcast, and hey, we appreciate you listening. No matter how you listen. We've got good stuff coming your way. Two iconic businesses that are facing bankruptcy, not quite good news for them, but that's coming up. We get public whiz talk, we talk about that. That's all coming up. But right now it's time for this juicy new news.
Speaker 4: God stay on top in the boots shovel. We're talking a lot about TV and movies lately. Found this. It's kind of a thing BuzzFeed put together. You know, they're hit or missing some stuff, but I kind of thought this was interesting. Over hyped TV shows and movies and uh, let's get started, Okay. Succession is one that comes in off the top. And now I disagree with this one hundred percent of the love Succession, But uh.
Speaker 1: I don't even get this makes me think that that the list is gonna suck. First of all, I didn't think it was that hyped up. I thought it delivered to the hype. Okay, I like the way you phrased that. I would say that it is someone who didn't watch it. I think it was very hyped up, and obviously it got a ton of awards. But you can't be overrated or over hyped unless you are really hyped, you know. And so it's gonna be.
Speaker 3: Mine.
Speaker 1: That's incredible, it's gonna be Ever, forget the time skin walked in looked us all dead in the eyes and said, so it's gotta be all stuff that the critics slow, Like, I guarantee you the wires on this list.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm I see what you're saying.
Speaker 1: I'm curious about, Like, how can you be wildly popular, like be revered, win all sorts of awards and yeah, man.
Speaker 4: It was overhyped?
Speaker 1: Like what?
Speaker 4: Yeah? And I actually thought Succession was hyped up pretty good personally, but maybe more so as it went on, because it's so damn good.
Speaker 1: Just like people writing articles about how good it is. Yeah, media circles.
Speaker 4: What do we see stuff? We see stuff just online. You know, it's like god, if they just did that, it inserted that in the news all right now in TV succession is pretty good. We'll go over to delcas now that is what I want in my news.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: But we get everywhere else. Another one on here, which this one got hyped up a little bit, was uh, the NBC show The Good Place, which I loved a lot. I don't know. You guys didn't see that.
Speaker 1: My wife watched it on Peacock or Netflix or whatever they reran it on. I will agree that it got over hyped though, because it ain't on that level of office in parks and rec and things like that.
Speaker 4: It's good. It's good, very good.
Speaker 1: Never never really got into it. Saw a couple episodes and thought it was good, but not enough to really set the hook. Christine, I think you saw this one. Shit's creek.
Speaker 7: I did.
Speaker 6: I loved it. I don't know about overhype. It didn't get a lot of hype, man, But like Ben said, it delivered to the hype. So what's the problem.
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 1: It did deliver to the hype. I didn't watch that show religiously. But anytime I saw it, I was like, Okay, this is really good. I saw the first three episodes and I was like, maybe we'll come back to this. And I never thought about it ever again.
Speaker 6: Maybe it's more of a girl show?
Speaker 1: Is it more of a wife?
Speaker 6: Definitely loved it because Yeah, Mike was the same way. He gave it maybe two and was out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I say, what hit hard enough for me? I didn't give it a shot.
Speaker 6: Leave us alone?
Speaker 7: Then?
Speaker 4: Oh, yes, so much.
Speaker 1: Eugene Levy, Yes, a lot of eyebrows, Ben, someone restrained, Ben, Ben, he's about to blow a gasket?
Speaker 4: Whose gasket?
Speaker 1: Top gun Maverick? Okay, movies too overhyped, Top Gun Maverick. Ah, Yeah, well so far it was so trite and predictable.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I didn't have a defined enemy either, you know, it was man.
Speaker 1: Verse self.
Speaker 4: To find Enemy.
Speaker 1: I thought it was really well done, but I get it. It's formulaic. It's a it's a movie movie, right, It wasn't an art film. There's three there's there's three enemies in any narrative man Verse, man man Verse self man Verse environment? Which one did it fall into? Ben?
Speaker 4: What was what was it?
Speaker 1: Man versus Man, man vers environment and man Verse what man verse self. I think there's a little of all three. It sounds incredible, Yeah, all of it. Well, they're had to battle the environment because the mission, the final mission had a lot of uh, you know, mountainous obstacles. I had to battle himself because he had to come to grips with the reality that Goose is gone and you know, can he really have a relationship with Goose's son his goose was cooked? Yeah, So it was like man, it was it man's man versus mann Verse self, man Verse Environment, then man versus Wild Bear. Okay, see that's man versus that music. That's what that music that gets you hype and see that movie.
Speaker 4: But I can see how some pretentious judging people wouldn't like this.
Speaker 1: The Revenant was next on the list, which that's man verse wild and also man verse self and environment and man verse man man man versus Bear not Wild but Bear also agree over hyped? I did, seeming Maverick, I have no opinion on the Revenant. I found the Revenant to be overhyped. Well, here's the thing about the Revenant. It's incredible and then it's over. You're like, well, I never want to see that movie again. Yeah. I try to watch it every once in a while. I'm like, ooh, I liked this, but it kinda is like it's exhausting sandpaper to your sack. And sorry, I'm going to offend a bunch of veterans here. I don't want to watch Saving Private Ryan again. Yeah, like it's it's it's it is a mountainous climb for me. First twenty minutes. So that's specifically what I don't ever want to watch again. I saw for the first time the last year. I like to turn the music that, you know, the the volume of the movie down and just listen to Lee Greenwood while watch.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, uh is Titanic over hyped? Also on the list, I think.
Speaker 1: It's too long, okay, but listen to that music. I also, you know, when you know the story, I was like, I was the whole movie going, how does she get to it?
Speaker 4: How she played this on that kazoo with no hands? Sir, it's a recorder. She does look like she'd go crazy on a wood wind though. Heymen, I hope somebody approaches you at a party about that joke. I'd be worthy.
Speaker 1: Hey, there's Kevin Tury. I gotta ask him about that. Would wind joke incredible.
Speaker 4: Let's go back to four KHDTV euphoria overhyped.
Speaker 6: That's the reasoning Hypen overhyped.
Speaker 1: I think it was overhyped.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think it's good.
Speaker 1: It got tons of love, and I got bored with it and stopped watching. It's like, all right, I've seen a lot of dongs. Yeah, I get it. Sydney Sweeney's Smoke Show. That's great. Here's some gay people, fine, uh, but not every It's kind of like the movie Kids. It's like there's some wild stuff with teenagers, but it ain't all like this. You know, when I thought it was gonna be all over this list is like Marvel. Those Marvel things are over hyped.
Speaker 4: We may get there, but Jesus right Ben saying something I'm not brave enough to say, dude, you know, I mean it's like in this one.
Speaker 1: In this one, there's forty superheroes and they're all fighting the bad guy in his rings.
Speaker 4: I don't touch what politics and Marvel those are the two things.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 4: You confuse a Marvel movie with a DC movie, and they are coming for you. Preach last one before we get out of here. Maybe we'll come back after a jam. Everything everywhere else wants the movie. I disagree highly not overhyped movies. Amazing best picture, it won that, But I do understand for people who might have gotten weirded out by watching it, you know, because of the sausage fingers and the butt plugs and yeah, buzz great, Yeah, I got some more, you guess to keep it going.
Speaker 1: Let's keep it going here, all right, we'll keep this going in about four minutes. Don't go anywhere. Kevin is across the table doing the Weezer hand sign, which looks just like the Wu Tang hand sign. It's the Bending Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. Thanks for hanging out with us on a Friday afternoon. I hope you have lots of good stuff planned for this week and a couple of iconic businesses or filing for bankruptcy. We will get to that here in about twenty minutes. But Kevin, let's pick up where we left off with a list of overhyped shows and movies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would be clear, there's not mine. Just found this off an outlet online, but just kind of people kind of wait on some movies and TV shows that are overrated. How about this one. I haven't seen this, but I know it's very popular only murders in the building.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen it, so I wouldn't know. Yeah, and I'm trying to I'm kind of struggling with this because I'm trying to think of where it would be overrated, Like like the critics just said it was better than it was. You know, it gets nominated for Best Comedy every year and it win No, So okay, So it would be things.
Speaker 4: That are not winn be a comedy the baron ted Lasso, which are like, you know, you work hard to find the humor that I don't know, Okay, I don't know that one. Uh, Stranger Things, I would disagree on that. I think Strangers Things is properly hyped. It's not the greatest thing of all time, but I think it at the end of every season Stranger Things, I'm like it served It's perfect.
Speaker 1: That's one that I could understand if it depends on what perspective it's coming from. If it's coming from the critics perspective, they're like, come on, man, this is like fast food entertainment, right, this is not deep or anything.
Speaker 4: It's cool.
Speaker 1: I loved it, I really enjoyed it, but is it done? It was so harked up, so I could see that maybe I'm trying to understand. I think, like the thing about Hype two is all right, what is the what are the circumstances surrounding it? Stranger things came out of nowhere and became a cultural phenomenon, and there was truly unless y'all can think of something nothing like it when it came out, Like the way the sort of nostalgia was serving up was very, very unique and different, and so it felt really amazing in that regard.
Speaker 4: And then I, even though it was still going.
Speaker 1: It also had a couple of breakout stars, which is always a big deal, but I, as I was watching it, kind of lost it. You're a tough page, though, because you don't keep up right, that's fair, And I think of for me, Hype, I don't I don't care about what critics say because they're pretty pretentious, you know, like I don't care what they're into. And so when I think of Hype, I think is you go to a party and everyone's like, dude, are you watching this? Like right now? The white Lotus is hyped up, and so that's one that I would be like, Okay, this is so hyped, let me go watch it.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, dude, why is everyone so into this?
Speaker 1: So I could see that happening deciding it didn't happen to me, but I could see somebody watching Stranger Things going man, this did not delivered to the hype.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Ted Lasta is another one on here, and I gotta say I agree one hundred percent. Now this this one is more about. This is a show everyone loves, talks about, tweets about, and awards, and I do think it's good. But I heard people like people wrote articlesbout how the show changed their life. Oh and you know, hey, if it did that to you, that's great. But I'm sitting there going, man, this show does not make me laugh enough.
Speaker 1: It is a toxic, pessimistic world, and so having a little ray of sunshine is good. But maybe I'm it did wasn't enough to hold me, Like, I'm like, I want some darkness. I feel like every single person I talked to is like, this is the greatest show. You've got to watch it, and then after season one they're like, you know, did they still do it, dude. Yeah, I continued to watch it.
Speaker 6: I watched one episode on a plane and I was out, Yeah, that's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's almost too easy. Then you called it Avengers in an Infinity War, an endgame. The movies at the.
Speaker 1: End makes it just makes all the sense of the world. I don't know why people are so excited about this the same thing. He's got superpowers and so then he can fight these other bad guys with all the superpowers and if the world is.
Speaker 4: At stake, that's been rock. I prefer the DC stuff. Bennett Bennskin dot com. I just don't understand how we keep coming up with the same ones with your problems, Ben at Benning's Although somehow the Batman movies got good all three?
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 4: Nolan?
Speaker 1: The Nolan movies are great. Those three are good, and this last one was pretty good too with the Vampire.
Speaker 4: I did like the last one, dude.
Speaker 1: I love the Penguin, but when it was over, I needed something to soothe my soul, and that's why we watched Shrinking.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I forgot about the ending of the Penguin.
Speaker 1: That was a dark ass show.
Speaker 4: See that.
Speaker 1: That is what the White Lotus didn't do. To your point that the guy who makes that Mike White. Maybe he walked up to the ledge. I'm gonna jump off the ledge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not jumping, but not I were saying, because we're about to get into the last of Us this Sunday night. Yeah, and it's like that into Baby Billy's penis on the Righteous gymstone. You're talking.
Speaker 1: But the penguin, the penguin that's taking it to the darkest place. Here's this sweet character and we're gonna murder him on camera. Hey man, I was gonna finally finish the penguin this week. We don't know which character I'm doing now, there's only one sweet character in the whole show.
Speaker 4: Ben, We're gonna put Christina in time out. We'll get to the four o'clock hour.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 4: I think we're gonna play some Don Dawkin later in the show.
Speaker 1: That's what I mean.
Speaker 4: We play rock music, all right.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, two iconic businesses are facing bankruptcy and public whiz talk.
Speaker 4: That's all coming your way. Yeah, it's all coming your way.
Speaker 1: All right. Oh, I like what that guy said about presets. If you go on to the iHeart app like a lot of you listen at ninety seven point one FM on the FM dial the Eagle. A lot of you listen to the iHeart. Listen to us on the iHeart app. You can stream us there. You can get all of our podcasts there as well. But when you're on that app, make the Bin and Skin Show one of your presets. You can just kind of like car Stereio, you can choose presets at the very top of it. Make us one of those presets and you'll never miss anything, and you'll get little updates when we got something new. So appreciate y'all listening now here we are on a Friday. If you're a food and you're gonna be out and about going on a food adventure, go to her Toato Barbecue, some of the best barbecue you've ever had in your whole life. Two locations inside a Globe Life Field, one in Mansfield, one in Fort Worth, one in Arlington. Now there's one in Dallas at the Farmer's Market. So if you're looking for a great place to go do some people watching this weekend, go to Dallas to the Farmer's Market, have a good time and have some of the best barbecue of your life.
Speaker 4: At hur Toato Barbecue. But right now it's time for Kevin All News. Guys. Wow, amazing, man, amazing. You've gotten Arpeggi, Eator, a couple things. This is the bankruptcy blurb here today. We had some companies last week that we talked about.
Speaker 1: Hold on, I want to make sure I understand that this is a new segment called the bankruptcy blurb.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Nice. The bankruptcy has been happening because the bankruptcy happening.
Speaker 4: To some people. Okay, weight Watchers preparing to file for bankruptcy.
Speaker 1: After they launched in nineteen sixty three because Ozempic Ozmpic killed it.
Speaker 4: Zempic. Let's let's not leave out we go be yeah and zip bound what are those things? It's the other ones that are ozmpic ish. Oh okay, but they're the same thing, right.
Speaker 1: But weight Watchers could have got on board or that too, like some of these weight lost places got on board with a weight loss drug.
Speaker 4: They they just chose not to or what you know.
Speaker 1: That's interesting because I guess the concept of weight Watchers is to get your ass there and get your to go there.
Speaker 4: But didn't they make their own frozen foods?
Speaker 3: And yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I thought they were focusing more on that over time and.
Speaker 1: Uh, you know, counting calories and like journaling what you're eating and things like that're just monitoring it more closely.
Speaker 4: And then it's part of that too, like making sure you come to the office or whatever. I mean it can be. I mean you, I mean a lot of these places.
Speaker 6: Are what he's just said a certain word really aggressively.
Speaker 1: I said, office. Yeah, yeah, a lot of these Uh, you know, you can customize it to whatever.
Speaker 4: I mean.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they take your business even if you weren't gonna go in the office, but obviously the accountability for that stuff.
Speaker 4: So I did Soda for many years.
Speaker 1: Like going in, getting on a scale in front of the staff has a powerful impact. You start dreading it. You're like, all right, do I want to eat this cupcake? Well, I'm gonna pay for it when I have a ten people watch me way in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the strangers they bring in off the street and they humiliate me. Yeah, what happened, mister Rogers? Yeah, I like the whole love is blind concept. What are you guys doing? Shares of the company fell fifty nine percent on Wednesday, But they are saying this has nothing to do with the recent situation with the tariffs and the market and all that stuff. So they are really you know that it is these weight loss drugs that have just like it's gonna make some of these weight watching companies obsolete.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of thought about these drugs just impacting any consumption market in general, that it may just be a way to physiologically curb any sort of appetite drug use, for example, alcohol consumption food.
Speaker 4: You think Pepperidge Farm is like, oh, they're not gonna buy goldfish anymore, right, right?
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's I don't think they should be worried. I think people are still gonna snack when they want to snack.
Speaker 1: It's fantastic.
Speaker 4: But if this is did you go unplugged on that?
Speaker 5: I did?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 4: I kind of did go unplugged? Din't you? Just like Mike Lesley always know it was Dale Hanson who did it.
Speaker 1: No, there's been some Leslie unplugged. Yeah, oh my god, he went unplugged on the Babe Ruth Jason Kidd thing the other night. Hell yeah he should have though. That was the I couldn't believe that that was the most tone deaf thing ever, Like people are bringing up Babe Ruth because it's the worst trade that ever happened. And Jason Kidd was like, people compared it to Jason to Babe Ruth, So that's pretty cool.
Speaker 4: I'm like, what he's interesting?
Speaker 1: What are you I'm saying right now?
Speaker 4: His responses to things sometimes are interesting to me. I mean even like the first thing he got hired, I was like, it's an interesting press conference here, Uh, Publisher's clearing house. Also, yeah, they're they fought for Chapter eleven bankruptcy protection.
Speaker 1: But wait, their business model was you subscribe to a magazine and they give somebody Ed McMahon gives them money, they show up at I can't believe. I think the real story here is that they were still around.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I know I do. I have this infatuation with these local, regional magazines. Oh local, but they can't afford to have Ed McMahon show up at your house, Like I believe, I love it. I still love I like holding something that you can actually read special like those. Here's some of the other things I read, Dag and Swang Gallery, pent House, UH Club, International, Velvet, and Hustler, like Playboy, pent House, Penthouse, Playboy tall velvet velvet like also but also like the Snake Draft with Playboy Penthouse and then back to Penthouse. I don't know that I've ever seen velvet.
Speaker 4: What is that either velvet magazine? Is it just redheads?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I like that.
Speaker 4: Velvet cross women, men, lifestyle art yachts.
Speaker 1: Like the Beastie Boys had that magazine Grand Royale, Right yeah, kick ass it once a year they would do they would do it quarterly, and then they realized they didn't have the time and energy to do it.
Speaker 4: So it's just kind of I think it's coming out once this year.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: I know pretty great publisher's clearinghouse known for that. Uh someone said something a minute ago, and this has nothing to do with the bankruptcy Bob anymore. It was about some type of contest or something, but it wasn't that one. There was something that was on Netflix last night. I was zooming through, saw it for a minute, didn't spend a lot of time on it, and it was called Pop the Balloons something. Ben did it? Really weird weird light farmers parties? Man, I thought that party was gonna be way more fun than that, But this was eight hots on a stage and then they bring out a guy and they're all holding the balloon, and then they choose. As the interview process is going forward, they're on a stage, one at a time. They start popping their blue if they don't like him. So apparently it's some trend that normal people do, but they've made it a show on Netflix and it's so dulled up and terrible. Wasn't that a bid on a sketch comedy show recently?
Speaker 5: Was that?
Speaker 1: I thought that was?
Speaker 4: I think you should leave?
Speaker 1: Was it not? They had these chicks lined up and then I don't know about balloons. I don't remember it.
Speaker 4: It might have even been an SML thing from recently. I think they're going off the trend that was like a TikTok thing.
Speaker 1: It was on SNL. I remember that. I'm remembering this now.
Speaker 4: It was on SNL.
Speaker 1: But man, i'll pull audio for us next week. It's a terrible show due the these bitches. Well I just I just thought about it.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 4: These bitches were saying the meanest thing to this one guy. And here's the thing. They all wanted their guy to be taller. Dude, this guy was like six to two. He was like, He's like, I don't know, why'd you you pop my blue?
Speaker 1: Like you popped it? You don't want to.
Speaker 4: I'm six two. And the next guy comes out. He's shorter than him, not tall enough, but he's not black. Nah, he's not white.
Speaker 2: Like it.
Speaker 1: You can see if the girls were racist. You could see if they were tallest shortest.
Speaker 6: So they're doing this as they see them, yes, oh yeah, yeah, as they time.
Speaker 4: They have to sit there and take a review from someone and if it if it comes down. Oh, two of the eight girls have kept their balloon. They haven't popped it yet. So let's step forward and let's start having a conversation back and forth and see how the chemistry goes. It's so horrible, but next week you'll see how mean it is. There's your bankruptcy blurb for.
Speaker 1: This day in history. Man, that took a turn. I did not foresee.
Speaker 4: That's why you listen.
Speaker 1: But it really made me want to come back next week to see when Kevin actually has this audio.
Speaker 4: It is the Ben and Skin Show, ninety seven point one. The Eagle.
Speaker 1: Thank you for hanging out with us today. You know, every now and then we'd like to give a shout out to a good partner. Someone who's been riding with us for a while continues to ride with us, and then they become a part of the Ben and Skin family, and then they become a party of your family because you guys out there do such a great job supporting our partners. And today we want to give a shout out to the Low Te Center. One of the things that's really cool is, I mean, they help a lot of people, a lot of our listeners, a lot of dudes feel good again. And it's hard, Ben, we get older and all our bodies change, and boy, I still want to feel like a young man again.
Speaker 4: And they do that.
Speaker 1: And I love the slogan because it rings true. Reinventing men's healthcare. Yeah, you go in there and you're like, all right, this doesn't feel like a stale doctor's office. It's not like it's a night club or some of it. Just dudes feel comfortable there, man, and it's just good vibes. But when you can start to cystroone therapy and start reversing all those symptoms, it's a magical thing. So big thanks to the Low T Center. Absolutely, y'all some good folks, man, I'm looking forward to the bottom of the hour. KT's got some weekend music tips for us. But right now it's done for this. Now let's go around the sports. KTD Fuck Queens has all the sports.
Speaker 4: Yes, not gonna beat you guys down with hardcore golf talk, but I will tell you the Masters is looking pretty awesome for the weekend because Rory Scotti, Scheffler, Bryce and d Schambeau are all gonna be on the leaderboard. That's really good. We've got a situation though, that all something we've all done something of This kind of feels kind of freeing to do. Involving an amateur at the Masters. His name is Jose Luis Balister. He's in Arizona State, Sun Devil, but he's the US Amateur champ. He and what they do is they put amateurs with really good players to see if they can, you know, hang in there. So he played with the Scotty Shuffler. So yesterday they're playing and he's like, I got a pe man and there's a big creek on number thirteen. So he slides down into the creek and he goes for a whiz. Well, the Masters has cameras everywhere as you can imagine, the Master's app is the most incredible thing. Cameras everywhere, so people see him taking a whiz. He comes up out of the creek and people who are following Scotti shower him a big clap. Next thing, you know, every outlet known demand in the sports world is covering this story. US amateur takes a whiz at the Masters, and uh, I think it's great. We've played golf of people obviously who have just got no problem flopping it out and just going behind a.
Speaker 1: Tree, wait, slopping it. I will never forget dude, that's a great story. Like I'm I'm not a big golfer, I think. Is that the same one where he sized golf guy showed up in jeans? Well, yes, same event, all right. So guy showed up to golf with us in jeans, which you don't see that very often. But we were golfing with a very powerful person, a big time a person that you know, very rich man, a very rich powerful man, maybe.
Speaker 4: Of the most important mental life, one of.
Speaker 1: The richest, most powerful people in town, and a great guy. But we're on a tea box and it's early in the morning. What time did you say eight am something like that, and he decides that he needs to take a whiz. So we're on the tea box. Now he he does show some class because he turns away from us. Yeah, now he doesn't walk far off the tea box like he's his heels are probably still on the tea box and but he just starts taking a whiz.
Speaker 4: Now he is.
Speaker 1: A unit out facing the breakfast windows and breakfast nook of.
Speaker 4: A house that's right there. At breakfast time.
Speaker 1: There could be a full family there enjoying waffles together, looking out and seeing a hog. What's that?
Speaker 4: It's a micro Oh, I don't think apparently there. Yeah, he's legendary Liam Neeson type.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's in Milton Burrele. Yeah, he had a rod and reel to get that thing back in. But I don't know what that was, a power move like you seldom see. I mean, well, I got a piss. I. There is something liberating about the outdoor whiz. It's pretty great if you can pull it off, but you gotta You can't obviously do it in public.
Speaker 4: That's very common if you're doing it at Sheryl Park or any of your local municipal golf course to do it at Augusta National, the most prestigious of golf courses.
Speaker 1: Okay, and while we're talking about it, is Bernard Longer going.
Speaker 4: To make the cut? He just bogied to miss the cut?
Speaker 1: Oh god? Every year Bernard Longer, who's got to be about one hundred years old, he's sixty seven. Every year he makes it to like the final day and then he just runs out of juice. Fred Couple's I think he's gonna make the cut.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Bernard Longer certainly look like a cross between Martin Short and Clint Eastwood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it, It's great, incredible. Let's get back to piss boy for a second. Huh. Is this the guy that was wearing the sun Devil's hat upside down?
Speaker 4: Yes? Okay, so he got he got flat for that as well. He got flat for that and his golf coach got thrown out on Monday because his coach wore shorts to the practice range and you can't wear shorts. And Augusta National they got hardcore rules there, yeah, which I disagree with. I think that's all. I think they're snooty and pretty terrible when it comes to that stuff. But whatever, the rules are, the rules, and if you're an amateur, maybe you do not have your coach there causing a scene on Monday. When you're playing with the world's best golfer in three days, you kind of want to have a good reputation. Just another guy who's an amateur and he shot in ninety yesterday, which is like, how's he playing?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 4: Ninety?
Speaker 1: What does the score to make the cut today?
Speaker 4: Two over? Okay?
Speaker 1: So Phil made the cut. Phil made the cut. Although it could change, but I don't think it's going to okay. So yeah, most most people made the cut.
Speaker 6: If you guys were invited to play the Masters as an amateur, would you pee? Would you pee at the Masters?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I guess respect. Oh if I needed to go, well, I think I would go to the actual bathrooms that are there right off the tea box. He said he forgot that it was there. He forgot there were bathrooms.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like, I don't understand why he did that.
Speaker 1: Caught up with the competition, I guess, well, then, so Dow Then on my game, I forgot they had bathrooms in Georgia.
Speaker 4: From Spain, he would not have that accent. Okay, but you don't know that that's racist if you to assume that.
Speaker 1: Hey man, I'm from Madrid. Oh yes, Happy Friday. It is the world famous Ben and Skin Show. Thanks for rolling with us today. We've got the Today game coming up. We'll get into the final Luca aftermath of the week as we try to put a bow on all the Lucas stuff. And then Dallas is getting something very big and maybe this is big news for you. Stay tuned for all of that coming your way on a Friday edition of The benin Skinshow. But right now it's time for Kevin.
Speaker 4: Yes, I've got some music tips for the weekend. I don't normally do this, but there's some things that are actually lining up that I think I wanted to mention. The first thing I'll say is we're not, you know, affiliated with the spot or not, but they're doing something really cool for a person who is a kind of well known ATFW a little bit and someone we all know. If you go to taco joint tomorrow, any taco joint, any taco joint, and I know it was like ten locations.
Speaker 1: I love that one right there on him would row right over here by the station.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I dude, there's one round the way home. It's so good. Ten percent of their proceeds tomorrow are going to chris Pin. Chris Pin is the guy who runs good records. He is now paralyzed from the neck down from a fall that he had a couple of weeks ago. He was just out doing some work on the building, fell the ladder and bruised his spine. He did, you, guys happen to see the clip going around of Annie from Saint Vincent in concert this week?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So her Mark Maren podcast. Yeah, well she did this on stage. Oh okay, she does something on market.
Speaker 4: There was a on the Mark Maren podcast you did a while back she said thank God for Chrispin or something.
Speaker 1: Oh wow. So so she was This was her big homecoming show because she went to Lake High. She went to Booker TV. But I think she lived in Lake Collins and she was in the Polyvonic spree for a while. But she was back in town. Sold out show at the Bomb Factory and she and she told a story about how when she got her first Nick Caven the Bad Siege record, it was at c D World that Crispin was the manager at. She was saying, everyone in this town that's ever loved music. Crispin has touched your life. Yeah, and so he's in a bad way right now and needs help. And so there's been a lot of rally into the troops to try to donate money to him. Uh, three kids, I know his wife, you know, listen to us, you know from time to time too. They're just good people. They're great.
Speaker 4: He's the nicest guy in the marl y'as just awesome and I it's just awful. So right now, I mean, there's still hope that he'll get some movement back right now paralyzing the night down. So all these taco joints, ten percent of what they make tomorrow and all their locations is going to the Penn family because they are gonna have medical bills out the wazoo in high school.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's great food. Everybody go eat taco joint tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: Record store Day is tomorrow, by the way. I don't if there's anything that you want to there's a lot of stuff a record store Day, a lot of limited releases. I don't know if anything caught your eye for me. I'ma be jamming the Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap Album at my house. I don't have to go to Record Store Day for that because acd S is in town Monday, so I do want to get out for that, even though I'm going, God, that was Monday.
Speaker 1: Are you going, Christina?
Speaker 6: No, I didn't know it was that soon.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to let some tickets fall on my lap because it's gonna be expensive. It's at at and T Yeah, oh man, and they're just so old. But I just know.
Speaker 1: I love when people support their local record stores. Record Store Day is a huge day for independent music. If you can go out there, I will tell you.
Speaker 4: I know that.
Speaker 1: If you're gonna go to Josie Records, for example, you better get there at about midnight because every year they post a video of when they open the door.
Speaker 4: It's insane.
Speaker 1: People camp out because you know there's stuff that's released that's Spachel releases, and if you get there at noon, it may all be gone. Now there's other stuff to buy, but if you ever go on that list and we'll get all the special stuff that's released, if you want to get it, you better get there and camp out before it's opened.
Speaker 4: One of the best things that's happened. It's my last music tip one of the last things that's happened or one of the best things that's happened with technology for me, because I am I am worried about how fast we're moving. I'm worried about ai I am. I don't like this right, But maybe that's a part of getting older, is realize that it's all slipping out of your hands until you go to that cold death.
Speaker 1: This got dark.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's Coachella weekend. And what these music festivals that you know are worth worth their salt. What they're doing is they are giving you, you know, the ability to live stream these things. So YouTube has Coachella, and they're gonna have multiview options because YouTube's got all that. So if you want to watch anything that's happening at Coachella, for instance, tomorrow night, Green Days your headliner, well one of your headliners. There's many, but you know it would be about eleven o'clock tomorrow night. But they're going down. Me and Christina went to the Green Day show last time and it's worth a watch. And I'm sure they pull out all the stops at Coachella as well. Are they going to solve the Weezer case? That's what I'm interested in too. Is Weezer going to mention the attempted murder charge on the bass player's watch it's no chance, which we've weirdly heard nothing about that. I mean, there's still like nothing new.
Speaker 1: I think this one's probably gonna end up being on the cops.
Speaker 4: And she's claiming she's claiming. The only one thing was new, but it was from two nights ago. Is that she claims she couldn't see the police when they shot her, and they're going, no, we told you multiple times. So then we're in a he said, she said situation. But to see the bass player just walking his dogs and being really nice to the TMZ people and then saying see Coachella makes me think he's not too worried about it.
Speaker 1: It's very strange, Yeah, because you don't have anybody else that can just walk those dogs while you're dealing with the crisis. Yeah, man, we'll be at Coachella. It's gonna be great, looking forward to jamming. We never had kids. I gotta walk the dogs. But man, that is a really tough deal. If you're just on your back porch and you have no idea what's going on, and suddenly the police in your backyard, police.
Speaker 4: Guns on you, Like what and you've got a gun in your hand though, Yeah, well you draw.
Speaker 1: If there's chaos in your yard, you gotta draw on them. I also think though, the police chase in your neighborhood. You don't know that in La Dude, you don't know what a police chase is happening.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dude, they're live streaming it on k T l A. I think so. Didn't you know that's not that's not a popular station.
Speaker 1: Didn't you say?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Did you say the guys got out and started running through yards? If you're just out, if you're just out back smoking some hash and then suddenly there's cops in your backyard, you don't know what's going on?
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe, I'd say maybe. So there's why you should do that.
Speaker 1: Those are music tips I think to help you get through the weekend. Okay, well, uh, you have some taco joint if you want.
Speaker 4: Did you like that?
Speaker 3: Ben?
Speaker 4: I did? Thought it was great.
Speaker 1: I did too. You'll Gaba Gavis playing Coachella. It is the Ben and Skin Show ninety some point one The Eagle. Thank you for hanging out with us today. We got a great five o'clock hour coming up, including some JJ Reddick audio that we weren't able to get to yesterday because guy, we spent so much time talking Luka Doncics and there were so many angles, but we were never able to get to that. I think you're gonna want to hear it. And then Kat has something special for us to end the show in the big finish. I love it when he utilizes the ben and skin Way back machine, so do stick around for that. But right now it's time for this. It's time to play the Today Game.
Speaker 6: It's a game, it's topic today.
Speaker 1: Let's go take it away you jack wagons. It is time to play the Today game for Today. April eleventh, twenty twenty five. I don't know why I said that weird. I like the way you handled it, though, Dude, Today game you started like rocketing Today game and today? Do I hear one?
Speaker 4: Do I hear one? Does anybody have one?
Speaker 1: One one one? I don't watch here. I'll be disappointed if Today game isn't always like this now and.
Speaker 4: It's time to play the Today game. Keep your hands to you also.
Speaker 1: Does sound like Dave Matthews, No guys, skin Sister Gretchen is having a birthday.
Speaker 5: That is.
Speaker 4: One of the most famous people named Gretchen.
Speaker 1: Probably I want to hear a funny, weird fun fact about my sister. Yeah, that's a great drop. They didn't have a music bet underneath it. She does not have a middle name. Wow, what don't have a middle name? That's awesome? Why they just I forgot I not last minute? Oh my god, we signed the firstificate. I think they thought that they couldn't come up with a good middle name that they felt like phonetically, like my name is very rhythmic, Jeffrey Williams Wade, like it's you know, it's yeah. But but for my sister is like Gretchen Wade. Okay, what's a what's a Wanda? Gretchen Wanda Wade? What's a female name that starts with a W one syllable it's probably yeah, Wren and and and then a lot of people will do in that time period, will do like, like, my mom's middle name is Jane Betsy, Jane Betsy dying, And then a lot of people will put Anne in there, like if you have multiple syllables and just one of one word punching there, Yeah, yeah, Gretchen Ann Wade. It could have oh yeah, but then ga, yeah, that's true, and now she can just go by g D. She's not far from like just being chare you know?
Speaker 4: Seven to one?
Speaker 1: And I think she believes in love after love. What if she just said no name and it was just Wade, that'd be dope.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 1: Well, she's a badass, and uh she's so unbelievably smart and cool and funny and uh supportive of us and everything we've done in our crazy adventure and uh man she has. Actually she's helped me a lot. She's just giving us parenting advice, which she's really good at. That told me she tried to misdirect you as a prank. Right, she should probably should change your numbers so we don't bother her all the time. But happy birthday, Gretchen. We love you very much. Joe Dirt was released on this day in two thousand and one. Freshly scrubbed the floor spick and spand me, Joe, did you use the stuff with the tiny scrubbing bubbles They cleaned the ball so you don't have tea? No, I didn't.
Speaker 4: Joe Dirt's amazing.
Speaker 1: I know you guys, it's just not going to be your time period. He did a Sandler laugh in there, didn't he a yeah kind of That movie's great. I've never seen so much quotable crap. Yeah, that was our two in baseball. That was you know, like one, two, three, you know, like you know how like a go team, Yeah, team or win.
Speaker 4: We didn't wan too. Three Joe Dirt. Oh nice, man, I respect that is our whole fan You all had Joe Dirt mullets. We absolutely did. Now we were hard to beat. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I used to say the secret is in Joe Dirt. Huh yep, guys. Texas Stadium was imploded on this Ben.
Speaker 4: That is a Gallipyrhe oh no, it takes your stadium.
Speaker 1: And now there's gonna be a resort there now, Yeah, there's not there is without game big stadium. Ben's best assessment of the final home game in that building was that Baltimore Ravens had two run bombs they had on Zimmer's defense. Yeah, god, man, I remember how shady it was. Like different parts of the stadium you'd walk in, You're like, I don't feel safe here.
Speaker 4: That place sucked. Let's be honest. It was concrete and dangerous, like a dark alley. Yeah there was.
Speaker 1: The field wasn't even even Yeah, there's hills on it. There was a whole black market in section one oh five.
Speaker 4: Terrible place. Man parking sucked. Shout out to Crazy Ray though, man ah, that guy to this day, big listener. He was.
Speaker 1: Seventies when he listened. He would listen to stuff.
Speaker 4: Guys. It's National Pet Day and I believe you have a filter turned on in the video settings.
Speaker 1: We're trying to.
Speaker 4: Could you hear me, Judge, I can hear you. I think it's a filter, and it is.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to remove it.
Speaker 4: I've got my assistant here, she's trying to but oh, I'm here live. It's not I'm not a cat, k T. What kind of a dog would you be?
Speaker 7: Me?
Speaker 4: A half Corgi, half Australian Shepherd.
Speaker 1: How often do you think about it, Kevin?
Speaker 4: At least once a month. I always think of you as a pug. No, I'm not a pug.
Speaker 1: I think he's a French bulldog. He's always always got saliva dripping down his dude, I'm cuter than that. He's always sniffing butts and humping legs kind of a wiener dog.
Speaker 4: Winder dog is pretty cute. You see a win your dog walking around? Get your just dogs. I don't like the ones have blushy faces. I don't know what that is. You like a shorn you like? I don't like that.
Speaker 6: I think you're Yorky.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of dogs terrier, to be honest, a lot of dogs.
Speaker 1: You're talking about a dog that has a big mustache, had a goate, Like, yeah, I don't like that at all.
Speaker 6: Oh God. The other night, we're at a party and Simon is Mike's dog, right, our dog. He didn't go up to anyone that was entering the party, but the one person he did, he ran from.
Speaker 4: KT. He's had bad dog. Yeah, and Simon are cool. We got way back?
Speaker 1: Is that it?
Speaker 6: There?
Speaker 3: You go?
Speaker 1: There is the Today game for Today. Good Friday, April the eleventh. You are listening to the world famous Ben and Skin Show. Happy Friday, everybody. Hope you have awesome plans this week, and we appreciate you listening. We don't care how you listen. If it's live on the FM dial, if you're streaming on the iheartapp or catching the podcast. We're just glad to have you on board with the weirdest show on the radio. And this segment is brought to you by our friends at Sunset at McKinney Amphitheater. This is really cool. It is coming to McKinney. It is going to be out there in twenty twenty six. So but you can secure your suite now. They're redefining the way you experience concerts. You could have the best seat in the house to every single show every time. You could own a private luxury fire pit suite to every concert that ever comes through. You own it or join the exclusive Apman club out there. For more information on this, go to Sunset Texas dot com. That's Sunset Texas dot com. All right, we should probably put a bow in our Luca talk for the week. Obviously, he returns to square off against the MAVs. Emotions are high. The entire world is reacting to this. You know, there's so much video out there of Luca crying, so much commentary. People are talking about is this the worst trade in the history of humanity? Look how badly he wanted to stay here. There's so much going on with this mav season and MAVs still have two more games to go Raptors at the AAC tonight and then Sunday the final game of the year, afternoon game at Memphis, and then MAVs will be in the play in. But let's put a bow on all the Lucas stuff because there were some JJ Reddick audio that we wanted to get to. Right, yeah, I have.
Speaker 4: This is right right after the game. I don't know if he did this before or after Luca had to talk. Usually the coaches go before the players. Coaches go first. So this is him talking about Luca.
Speaker 7: The moment with a tribute video, him sitting by himself and getting to actually live that and live in the moment and allowing himself to be vulnerable and his teammates support. Some of his teammates got emotional, some of the coaches got emotional.
Speaker 1: He was a beautiful moment.
Speaker 7: I thought the video was great, but I think just his ability to then go perform lights turn on. You know, he's teary eyed, to have the emotional resolve to then go put on that kind of performance.
Speaker 1: It's superhuman speak time. Okay, I'm gonna tell you my first reaction, and then I'm gonna come down and be a normal person.
Speaker 4: Okay, so I'm trying to be less cynical as I get older.
Speaker 1: Are you that old?
Speaker 4: The first thing I thought, because I'm you know again, I've told you guys have been just avoiding Lakers content the first thing I wanted to say, And I like JJ Riddick, easy, dude, it's not like he stopped a moving train. Superhuman superhuman? My ass, what's a superhuman? They have superhuman powers. That was interesting, I said.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: Then I slept on it and was like, yeah, you're a jerk, Kevin.
Speaker 1: I love JJ Riddick. I loved his podcast. I love listening to him speak. I love the way he breaks down the game, and I thought that incredible. He's smart, incredibly articulate, he shows class. I just I love him, and that's right on par for him to be able to see that and break that down. I think he and Luca have a phenomenal relationship. They had one before he was his coach, and I just look at the way he's breaking all that down and I'm like, he's a special dude. I think he's I think he's my favorite coach in sports, in all of sports. Well, my thought on it, Kevin with your so called opinion is that before the game, and I might have said it on this show, or maybe I said it on our podcast, I don't know, but I did say, there's no way Luca has one of those big offensive games. Take the under, and if he actually does get over thirty, that's gonna be one of the most extraordinary individual performances you've ever seen, not only because of everything that goes into it, but everything that happened in the four and five days leading up to it that would emotionally wear you down. And then I think when Luca confided to everybody that he's dealing with that video and he's considering at that moment, I don't know how literal he's being, but he's like, I can't play this game. I think underscores what JJ's talking about. And you know, he says in that clip to be there and experience it in real time. He's saw about himself and he's talking about being in awe because he played at a very high level and so understanding what it takes to go and perform, like you know, it's different coaching than playing, obviously, but he had the deal where he lost his home and the fires and so like anytime I even think about for the Mavericks, you know, one of the reasons they won the finals is because pau Gasol had a lot of stuff going on in his personal life and couldn't play. Played but he wasn't there, and so you know, when we're criticizing people, which we all have our right to do, right, that's our entertainment, and we can well, this guy sucked and all this stuff. You never really know what's going on in a person's personal life. And I just think that I was just so blown away by that performance because I expected him to struggle emotionally to where it would impact the game, and he admitted that he was struggling emotionally and was able to completely compartmentalize it and go for forty five. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I did too.
Speaker 1: I didn't think he was going to have a big game because he'd already won. Like he had already won. It was a every fan there was screaming for him. It's like, there's nothing to be mad at, really. I mean, you could be mad at losing the money. You could be mad at Jason Kidd or Nico or wherever you choose to be mad at. But I do I think It's a great point of just how do you maintain focus and go play in an NBA game after dealing with that seconds before you hit the court. And look at Lebron James, arguably the best player ever play one of them. He shows up four hours early and goes through this whole routine to get in the right mode. And then in those moments when he's on the bench before the game starts, he kind of meditates.
Speaker 4: He's in his own zone.
Speaker 1: And I saw a fan go up and tap him on his knee because they were sitting really close to him, and he almost lost his mind. He's like, how are you gonna tap me? During the don touch me? I'm like zoning in on the you know. And here Luca is crying with this whole career flashing before his eyes. Just goes out there and drops forty five like it's nothing.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I can't believe someone would have the audacity to touch a player before a game when their eyes were closed. Yeah, that person should be I don't care who they are, it can be my mom. That person should be ejected and never let anywhere near a bench again. Thinking that you can touch a player when their eyes are closed. My God, people are entitled asses. The fans really need to be that close to the court.
Speaker 4: Like on the court, I mean they are right in the It's very strange how crowded it is right around the player's bench.
Speaker 1: It is indeed Been and Skin Show ninety some point one the Eagle. Thank you for hanging out with us today. We've got a lot of fun stuff coming up here in the back half of the show. I love the Ben and Skin wayback machine. KT's got something in honor of the Masters, a funny throwback Bane and Skin. If you've never heard it, I bet you can imagine what that is.
Speaker 4: But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 3: And now it's time for Basis week Day Up Day, featuring veteran news anchor KT fun tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from.
Speaker 1: Around the world.
Speaker 4: City of Dallas is about to get its own Ikea that would get add to one in Frisco. There's one Grand Prairie Rock Wall's got one opening in spring of twenty twenty six. But Dallas is gonna get one at the shops at Park Lane.
Speaker 6: Oh no, wow, Oh it's horrible.
Speaker 4: Which seems like a traffic problem.
Speaker 1: Is the shops at Parklane, the one that's on the east side of the high way.
Speaker 4: We're like that bowling alley and all that stuff is Yeah, okay, but where that Dick Sporting good is Dick's Sporting Goods, and across the way from north Port Mall, across the highway.
Speaker 6: It's already a traffic problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god, so is it going in that. I'm trying to imagine where it's going. What's there currently?
Speaker 4: There's a ton of stuff there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I'm but it's all super congested and super dense. So I'm like, where the hell does an Ikea go?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 4: I yeah, I don't know. I I think about.
Speaker 1: Ikea the same way I think about BUCkies. I think it just overwhelms people because of the size, Like the size of it is so huge, and people are like, oh my god, this must be good, but you go and it's just it's kind of a bunch of furniture made out of balsa wood that you got to put together yourself, right, Yeah, I can't wait to be frustrated building this cheap furniture.
Speaker 4: Dude, we're putting something together the night and they sent a screw in the package. That did not have the divot in it for the screwdriver.
Speaker 1: HM.
Speaker 4: Like it's like, okay, now I gotta send it back or do I just go to Lows on my own and get the things a bit? It's I can tell you what's at the shops at Park Laye in a second. But but I want to be clear about something here. This one is going to be sixty three thousand square feet.
Speaker 1: So was that half the size?
Speaker 4: I would say not half. The one in Frisco is nearly three hundred thousand square okay, so about a fifth the size of that one. Here's my problem with Ikia those none of the stuff about that or something back. It's have you seen the signs for the exit? They make you walk through the store. Oh yeah, they send you through the conveyor belt.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's like a corn maze to get out of there. It's the exit through the gift shop mentality. They force you to exit through something so that you buy more stuff.
Speaker 4: But honestly, it just becomes a tumultuous walk.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: At that point it's like hiking.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Look, oh my god, I think I just went around the store three times.
Speaker 6: Start dehydratinganicking in all the while there's also there's always a lot of people in there.
Speaker 4: You feel this thing in you to not break the order of things because I know I'm always going no, I can get to the exit if I just cut through here. But you feel like you have to stay with the order of things for some reason.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they've got They've got security guards with numbchucks. It's crazy cut at all. They will take you out, so.
Speaker 4: I uh eah uh will joined the shops at Parks Lane with things like bowling barrel.
Speaker 1: That's a cool That's what I was talking about.
Speaker 4: Bowling there.
Speaker 1: I cannot visualize where this is going.
Speaker 4: Holy crap. They have a Champ Sports there. I mean there's Champs in years. Wow, that's awesome. I would have go to Champs.
Speaker 1: I know that brand has taken off with young people. Champs has yeah, oh wow, retro Brandy.
Speaker 4: Nostalgia's back, baby, uh Cava, Chipotle, dog Topia, I don't know. It's a place for dogs. Got home goods in there.
Speaker 1: You do bring up an interesting question, what's the deal with grapevine. No, Grand Prairie, Grand Prairie, Grand Prairie, Grand Prairie is huge. Grand Prairie. For the longest time was considered to just be a giant warehouse district, and suddenly they're getting stuff.
Speaker 4: It's because they're large. Yeah, they have a lot of room to put all this stuff because like I mean, you know where the track is all that stuff? Yeah, what else is over there?
Speaker 6: Nothing?
Speaker 4: Nothing, So they're starting to put stuff everywhere. Now that's interesting.
Speaker 1: For the longest time, that stretch there was considered to be no man's land because a lot of it is landfill, isn't it. Yeah, and you can stretch along thirty.
Speaker 4: You can smell it too. Yeah, you know when you're in Grand Prairie. No offense to anyone who lives out there, but you know it, it's that fart smell. You can't get it. You can't get away from it.
Speaker 1: You can't say no offense and then say their community smells like farts. No, there's just the stretch, it's not the whole community, that's what you're I feel like we should turn this into a station promo.
Speaker 4: No one has done more for the city of Grand Prairie than me right here, Yeah, that's true. As we search for the cobra.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had the mayor on right, we had the mayor on we're supposed to go to the horse races with him sometime. You're the guy that got that chicken and pickle out there.
Speaker 4: I don't think I did that. Oh, you should have taken credit for that. That's like one of the best things. I kept them in the headlines quite a bit longer than everyone else did when everyone else turned their back.
Speaker 1: They wanted to be in the headlines about an escape of cobra right being loose in the community. Everyone's like, what's the story we have in Ikea?
Speaker 4: I look the shops at Park Lane is a Starbucks.
Speaker 1: That's unique.
Speaker 4: They probably have four of them. They got that Whole Foods. I usually go to that Whole Foods all the time when I lived over there in Greenville. Yeah, but don't anymore. So Ikea coming to dow So a lot of people are excited about this, though. Who people would like to go shopping at Ikea? People that have never been to Idea. I'll tell you what. The first time, it is overwhelming. Boy, it's same ting g at Nebraska Furniture Mark.
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: It's like tons of hundreds overload, man.
Speaker 1: But at least it's laid out in a way where you don't have to look at every single thing they offer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not amaze, and that's not going to force you to go through it.
Speaker 1: They have it, they have more.
Speaker 4: It's not that Ikia doesn't have sections, but they're kind of like couches kitchen stuff, and I kids a little less like that.
Speaker 1: I would say, Man, I saw this report that uh Nebraska Furniture Mark spends more money on television advertising than anyone in town.
Speaker 4: Wow, you see it that much? I guess I do see it all the time, but I I we just go there like we need furniture. We just go, Yeah, that's where we go.
Speaker 1: And I think the other thing for me is when you said that, I just realized how much I don't watch local television.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Wow, shots fired at Delcas. Sorry, Pete, dude, you're on chair. Unbelievable, You're yeah, what do you mean many nights of the year. By the way, would love it if everybody watched the MAVs game tonight on FAA. If they're not listening to it, right, will that furniture store be in there home zone? I wonder if they bought inventory for the night too. I wonder how much they.
Speaker 4: Spent they made some new spots. Hey, Happy Friday, everybody.
Speaker 1: You are listening to the world famous Ben and Skin Show, Ben Rogers, Jeff skin Wade, Christina Kree, Cornbread, A Little Baby Cornbread, Ray and Kevin K. T.
Speaker 4: Turner.
Speaker 1: We are heading into a weekend. I hope you have great plans this weekend. Coming up in about ten minutes, we take a look at the Beninskin wayback machine and we revisit an old print call that involves Bain and Skin that's coming up here momentarily. This segment's brought to you by Andrews American Pizza Kitchen. It's located in Plano, Texas. It's off Preston and Plano Parkway. They've mastered Dallas pizza Dallas style, pizza, Chicago style, Detroit style, tavern style, in New York style, and readers of the Dallas Warning News voted at the best pizzeria in all of DFW.
Speaker 4: So that speaks volumes.
Speaker 1: Here we are on a Friday of your foodie You're gonna be out and about this weekend.
Speaker 4: And you're like, Ah, could use some pizza. Why not go to the place.
Speaker 1: The one location in all of DFW that was voted best in town by readers of the entire newspaper, The Dallas Warning News had to Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen in Plano again Preston and Plano Parkway. But right now it's time for Kevin.
Speaker 4: All right. I saw this the other day.
Speaker 1: This is just some things that.
Speaker 4: It's about, some like societal norms, some things that are normal. We've just done our entire life. Like you know, most people, you should say yes sir, no, sir, yes, ma'am no, ma'am right, things like that, polite. But that's a little different. I found some that are interesting that I just got five that I thought you guys would like. Okay, uh do we have to have.
Speaker 1: QR codes instead of menus at every place? Now you're saying, COVID's over, Why can't you just get menus? Yeah? Yeah, I've wondered that at times. I'm like, all right, some people have really leaned in on the ease of that. I'd still like a menu. I prefer a menu. I bet the main reason they did it they don't have to, you know, have the we've trained people now to do this and they can. They don't have to, you know, have the expense of printing.
Speaker 6: New menus, it's probably to update, yeah.
Speaker 1: Instead of having to print like a wely batcha menu and people.
Speaker 4: Are already on their phones anyway, Well, this is MAYA thought would be, let's just print fewer menus, okay, and then we also can have the QR code and have both.
Speaker 6: Most people have both. Yeah, if you ask, if you ask for an actual menu, because trust me, I have an eighty two year old with me when we go out right, she wants a menu.
Speaker 4: I think that's I think I'm thinking about. That's what I'm thinking. I'm thinking about our elderly here.
Speaker 1: You have an eighty two year old that wants a menu and then immediately complains that she can't read the menu.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If it's like the other eighty two year olds I know, yep.
Speaker 6: And then ask, hey, just order me something, right, it's so excuse.
Speaker 4: Me, sustenance.
Speaker 1: You know what else, though, can really backfire on a restaurant is and it's one of the hardest things to keep clean as dirty menus. Yeah, no, I get I get that. Yeah, and you laminate it. And I understand this place was disgusting. Man, we went to when I visited my son at Bama We went to someplace like rock and roll sushi or something, and the menus were all double rock album interesting and so you actually open the album and they had taped menus on to them.
Speaker 4: That's cool. On the inside, I like that, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: One of my favorite spots is brass Ram and they'll bring you your check and an old book. Oh nice, they's got a bunch of old books, and so they put an old book down.
Speaker 4: It's got your check in it, and so it's like the placeholder or whatever. Yeah, okay, did you get an imagine dragon roll? Why do you ask that? I just like one of the one of the sushi rolls. You're gonna say dragon roll, Imagine dragon No, no, no I'm doing I'm not doing a D's Nuts joke. No, not this week. I'm taking the week off from these nuts. Turner the last one that's come up to me in public about three different times and social settings at parties, people are like, hold on, you need to do that D's Nuts joke you did last week.
Speaker 1: So you're saying you're at a party, someone sees you from across the room. They work their way over to you in a crowd and sea of people to get to you, to visit with you about that joke. What was the name of that Pistons player is also suggesting that he's been to multiple parties in the eight days since he dropped that dract. Hey, hold on, hold on a second. I just saw Kevin Turner. I'll be right back. I gotta go ask him about this joke.
Speaker 6: You know, like Michaelangelo, I'm a party dude that was at one party he was at and was there when they asked about it.
Speaker 4: Really yeah, he was there. He was there, Thank god, someone was listening. And then I fell from the second floor.
Speaker 1: That terrible.
Speaker 4: I had a lot to drink, so you know the QR code. I was just thinking about our elderly. But you know when the when these threads happened online and people start weighing in, and they usually got interesting responses. When I saw is I'm just gonna read this. I can't stand when people say to respect their elders. Some of the nastiest people I've ever met are over the age of seven. You don't deserve to be respected when you're an ass to everybody. Good job that you've survived to be a dinosaur. Respect his earned, not given okay, So do we have to respect our elders?
Speaker 1: I think you should go in with a with a mode of respect until they give you a reason not to exactly, but I think that should be the case with all people.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, it is pretty common if if you straight, people you know are different, but strangers that are old, I can't say that I've had a ton of great experiences, right because they're done and do.
Speaker 1: The They're grumpy. But the older they are, the more eft up they are too. The man, the world they lived in was more effed up, shut up and man. It is such a cliche, but they do not want change. And if there's one thing this world does, it's changed.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Number three here blessing people when someone sneezes.
Speaker 1: We don't have to do that.
Speaker 4: Do we bless people when they fart?
Speaker 1: That's so much dude, that would be so good if somebody farts, Oh bless you, zoom.
Speaker 6: Type you should right, it's just the other ends.
Speaker 4: I'm wondering, what does the sneeze bless you for?
Speaker 1: It does remind me. It does remind me of the classic Steve Martin joke when he says someone asked him, do you mind if I smoke and he responds, no, do you mind to five fart?
Speaker 4: It's like it's I don't know, it's it happens like it there. It's that they went through something. Oh god, bless your soul, you've been through so much. Or if you're the first guy to you'll bless you. It's like, Okay, this guy's overdoing it. That he's trying to be the polite one.
Speaker 1: That is a dumb tradition. But the fart, though no one ever farts, it goes yeah. Sorry, there's a lot of palling, palling in the air. The thing about blessing a sneeze too, is that sometimes, like you guys have seen it with me, there's multiple sneezes. Yeah, and so do you have to here's a three sneezes in a row. Do you get three bless youes?
Speaker 4: What are we doing?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I don't know what. Why did that even start?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I have no idea. All right, putting a napkin on your lap? Where else would you put it? I don't know, but I'll say it. If you put in your lap, it's going up on the floor a lot.
Speaker 1: If you're not coordinated. The three of us we're all elite athletes. I don't know what you're talking about. Thrusting while eating. I don't understand it's moving a lot of nervous energy. Said yes, and then I, lastly, a birthday card. Why can't I just give you the gift? Why do I have to get the birthday card? They never read it anyway?
Speaker 4: It seems pointless.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at this point, Yeah, I think the card and the gift together beating. Maybe the card is in lieu of a gift, but you ever had to stop and just to go get the card? Oh yeah, yeah, I hate doing that right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and now they're like seven dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's outrageous, dude, don't like it at all. All Right, I mostly agree with Kevin on that. Do you agree?
Speaker 4: Hit him up Kevin dot Turner at iHeartMedia dot com.
Speaker 1: Hey, Happy Friday, everybody. You are listening to the world famous Ben and Skin Show. Ben Rogers, Jeff skin Wade, Christina Kre Cornbread, a Little Baby, Cornbread Ray, and Kevin kt Turner.
Speaker 4: We are heading into a weekend. Hope you have great plans this weekend?
Speaker 1: Uh coming up in about ten minutes, we take a look at the Beninskin wayback machine, and we revisit an old print call that involves bane and Skin that's coming up here momentarily. This segment's brought to you by Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen. It's located in Plano, Texas. It's off Preston and Plano Parkway. They've mastered Dallas pizza Dallas style, pizza, Chicago style, Detroit style, tavern style, in New York style, and readers of The Dallas Warning News voted it the best pizzeria in all of DFW.
Speaker 4: So that speaks volumes.
Speaker 1: Here. We are on a Friday of your foodie You're gonna be out and about this weekend, and you're like, Ah, could use some pizza. Why not go to the place, the one location in all of DFW that was voted best in town by readers of the entire newspaper, The Dallas Warning News. Head to Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen in Plano again Preston and Plano Parkway. But right now it's time for Kevin.
Speaker 4: All Right. I saw this the other day.
Speaker 1: This is just some things.
Speaker 4: It's about some like societal norms, some things that are normal. We've just done our entire life. Like you know, most you should say yes sir, no, sir, yes, ma'am no, ma'am right, things like that, polite.
Speaker 1: But that's it's a little different. I found something more interesting that I just got five that I thought you.
Speaker 4: Guys would like.
Speaker 1: Okay, uh, do we have to have QR codes instead of menus at every place? Now you're saying, COVID's over, why can't you just get menus? Yeah? Yeah, I've wondered that at times. I'm like, all right, some people have really leaned in on the ease of that. I'd still like a menu. I prefer a menu. I bet the main reason they did it they don't have to, you know, have the We've trained people now to do this and they can. They don't have to, you know, have the expense of printing new menus.
Speaker 6: It's probably easier to update, yeah.
Speaker 1: Instead of having to print like a batch of menu.
Speaker 6: And people are already on their phones anyway.
Speaker 4: Well, this is my thought, would be, let's just print fewer menus, okay, and then we also can have the QR code and have both.
Speaker 6: Most people have both. Yeah, if you ask, if you ask for an actual menu, because trust me, I have an eighty two year old with me when we go out right, she wants a menu.
Speaker 4: I think that's I think I'm thinking about. That's what I'm thinking. I'm thinking about our l.
Speaker 1: You have an eighty two year old that wants a menu and then immediately complains that she can't read the menu. If it's like the other eighty two year olds, I.
Speaker 6: Know, yeah, and then ask hey, just order me something, right, it's so exci me sustenance.
Speaker 1: You know what else, though, can really backfire on a restaurant is and it's one of the hardest things to keep clean is dirty menus. Yeah, no, I get I get that. Yeah, and you laminate it, and I understand. This place was disgusting.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: We went to when I visited my son at Bama. We went to someplace like rock and roll sushi or something, and the menus were all double rock albums. Oh interesting, And so you actually open the album and they had taped menus on to them. That's cool.
Speaker 4: On the inside.
Speaker 1: I liked that.
Speaker 4: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: One of my favorite spots is brass Ram and they'll bring you your check and an old book.
Speaker 4: Oh nice.
Speaker 1: It's got a bunch of old books and so they put an old book down. It's got your check in it, and so it's like the placeholder or whatever. Yeah, okay, did you get an imagine dragon roll? Why do you ask that just like one of the one of the sushi rolls. You're going to say, dragon roll imagine dress.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I'm doing I'm not doing a D's Nuts joke. No, not this week. I'm taking the week off from these nuts.
Speaker 6: Turner, you can't talk the last one.
Speaker 4: Hey, that's come up to me in public about three different times and social settings at parties, people are like, hold on, you need to do that D's Nuts joke you did last week.
Speaker 1: So you're saying you're at a party, someone sees you from across the room. They work their way over to you in a crowd and see of people to get to you to visit with you about that joke. What was the name of that Pistons player is also suggesting that he's been to multiple parties in the eight days since he dropped that dragt Hey, hold on, hold on a second. I just saw Kevin Turner. I'll be right back. I gotta go ask him about this joke.
Speaker 4: I'm like Michaelangelo I'm a party.
Speaker 6: Dude that was at one party. He was at and was there when they asked about it.
Speaker 4: Really, yeah, he was there. He was there, Thank god someone was listening. And then I fell from the second floor.
Speaker 1: That terrible.
Speaker 4: I had a lot to drink, so, you know, the q R and I was just thinking about our elderly. But you know when the when these threads happen online and people start weighing in, and they usually got interesting responses to what I saw is I'm just gonna read this. I can't stand when people say to respect their elders. Some of the nastiest people I've ever met are over the age of seven. You don't deserve to be respected when you're an ass to everybody. Good job that you've survived to be a dinosaur. Respect is earned, not given. Okay, So do we have to respect our elders.
Speaker 1: I think you should go in with a with a mode of respect until they give you a reason not to exactly, But I think that should be the case with all people.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, it is pretty common if you straight people you know are different, but strangers that are old. I can't say that I've had a ton of great experiences, right because they're done.
Speaker 1: And they're grumpy. But the older they are, the more eft up they are too. The world they lived in was more e ft up, shut up a big and man. It is such a cliche, but they do not want change. And if there's one thing this world does, it's changed.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Number three here blessing people when someone sneezes. We don't have to do that.
Speaker 1: Do we bless people when they fart? That's so much dude, that would be so good. If somebody farts, you're like, oh, bless you.
Speaker 6: Zoom time he should right, it's just the other end.
Speaker 4: I'm wondering, what does the sneeze bless you for?
Speaker 1: It does remind me. It does remind me of the classic Steve Martin joke when he says someone asks him do you mind if I smoke? And he responds, no, do you mind if I fart? It's like it's I don't know, it's it happens like it there, it's that they went through something. Oh God, bless your soul, you've been through so much.
Speaker 4: Or if you're the first guy to you'll bless you. It's like, Okay, this guy's overdoing it that he's trying to be the polite one. That is a dumb tradition. But the fart, though no one ever farts, it goes.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Sorry, there's a lot of palling, palling in the air. The thing about.
Speaker 1: Blessing a sneeze too, is that sometimes, like you guys have seen it with me, there's multiple sneezes. Yeah, and so do you have to here's a three sneezes in a row? Do you get three blesshes?
Speaker 4: What are we doing?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I don't know what. Why did that even start?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I have no idea. All right, putting a napkin on your lap? Where else would you put it? I don't know, but I'll say it. If you put in your lap, it's going up on the floor a lot.
Speaker 1: If you're not coordinated. The three of us, we're all elite athletes. I don't know what you're talking about. Thrusting while eating. I don't understand why it's moving a lot of nervous energy. Yes, and then I lastly, a birthday card. Why can't I just give you the gift? Why do I have to get the birthday card? They never read it anyway.
Speaker 4: It just it seems pointless.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at this point. Yeah, I think the card and the gift together beating. Maybe the card is in lieu of a gift.
Speaker 4: But ever had to stop and just to go get the card. Oh yeah yeah I hate doing that right Yeah, and now they're like seven dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's outrageous, dude, don't like it at all all Right, I mostly agree with Kevin on that, Do you agree? Hit him up Kevin Turner at iHeartMedia dot com