Speaker 1: Today, I want to tell you about a journey that I've been on for most of my life. Ever since I was a kid, I've heard tales of bigfoot and wild men while spending time with my friends and family. As I grew older and read more about the paranormal, my interest in encryptids and other things strange only deepened. That's why I'm so excited to share with you what I've personally become involved with the Untold Radio Network. The Untold Radio Network is a live streaming podcast network that airs a new show every day across all podcast platforms, YouTube, and more. They have eight different shows on all sorts of exciting topics such as bigfoot, cryptids, UFOs, aliens, and much more. I even have my own show called Weird Encounters, where I talk about all things strange. This is more than just a podcast network. It's a community that allows me to meet so many amazing people who share their stories and experiences with strange. If you're interested in hearing more of these stories and learning more about the paranormal and encryptids, make sure you check out the Untold Radio Network for all kinds of exciting shows. It's free to subscribe. So what are you waiting for visit www dot Untold radionetwork dot com today.
Speaker 2: Hey everybody, this is Left Striving Yes, yes, I.
Speaker 1: Know aka Survivor Man, and you're listening to Brian on Sasquatch Honesty. Hey there, and welcome back to Sasquatch Odds. Thank you so much for being with us for the show. It is Sunday. I hope you're having a fantastic weekend. We have an amazing show lined up for you. But as always, I want to start buy in fighting you. If you've had an encounter and you'd like to be on the show, shoot me an email.
Speaker 2: You can get me at Brian at Paranormal.
Speaker 1: World Productions dot com. Get head over to the website, check out the blog, become a member there and.
Speaker 2: Help the show.
Speaker 1: I was asked to come on Untold Radio as a guest with Doug Hicheck and Alex hycheck over there. Had an amazing time talking to those guys. We get into all kinds of things here, and frankly, Doug asks me some questions that I've never been asked before, So you're gonna hear things here that you've never heard from me in the past. It was a really cool conversation. I think you're really going to enjoy it. We talk about my new book, Sasquatch Unleashed the truth behind the legend. If you guys haven't picked up your copy, if you'd like an autographed copy, there's a link right here in the show notes, so that'll take you over to our website. You can get it directly from us, or you can find it on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, or you can get it directly from Hungary One Publishing. Obviously there won't be an autographed copy, but if you're just wanting to read the book, you can pick it up basically anywhere that you can find fine books. But enough of that, I know you guys are ready to get into it. It's all this left for you to do is sit back, relax and enjoy the show.
Speaker 2: Our guest Brian King Sharp. Brian's the native of northwestern Georgia. He's been captivated by mysteries beyond our understanding since childhood. Throw alled my tales of hairy creatures in the mountains near his home, apparently in a personal encounter when he was a child, and that ignited his deefascination with the topic. Propelling him into the endless exploration of the topic. And he had a sixteen year career in law enforcement. And Brian turned his passion into a hobby by starting a podcast Sasquatch Honesty held into a full time job. I've done that over and over. Yes, all I do is do hobbies all time. This podcast has become one of the most popular podcasts on the topic of subsquatch. We'll get into more details with Brian, but he's appeared on all sorts of TV shows. Also, he's got some other podcasts. We'll talk about that too. Let's bring Brian on.
Speaker 3: All right, there he is there. He is the man in the myth, the legend.
Speaker 1: Does everybody get the disclaimer? Or was that just for me?
Speaker 2: Just for you? Okay, I figure out you need that special just for you. Brian, you do know me? I figured yeah, I do. Yeah, I knowing you. It's why we're gonna have fun.
Speaker 1: I'm tarous about these questions that I've never been asked before.
Speaker 2: There's gonna be a whole bunch of them. They've never been asked.
Speaker 1: I'm ready, man, I'm ready.
Speaker 2: All right. First off, you probably have been asked this, but you got to tell us quick you saw something when you were.
Speaker 1: A kid, didn't see anything. I believe I was paced out of the woods.
Speaker 2: By one of these things.
Speaker 1: I talk about it in the first chapter of the book, Sasquatched the least. It was a situation where I out hunting. It was an area of the woods that I'd never been in before. I always got the creeps there. I had this really odd, ominous feeling when I went in that area and whatever this was ten fifteen feet away, just on the other side of the brush. I couldn't see huff's growls. What sounded like, I know now to be a bluff charge. That was really something that scared me. It really scared me pretty bad. I didn't go in the woods for almost a year after that.
Speaker 2: Have you ever been scared on your own property ever? Like actual feeling like creeped out.
Speaker 1: There's been a couple of times. There was a time. I think it was a last summer. I'm weird. I like to look for gold on my property. We have creaks on the property, so I like to pan for gold. One of my favorite shows in the war.
Speaker 2: I like to come there at night. I pan for gold when you're not.
Speaker 1: I was wondering what was making those security lights go off. Now I know it's you, but yeah, I like to do that. There was one time last summer, middle of the day, broad daylight, I had this ominous feeling that something was watching me every here on the back of my neck stood up and I just got that feeling. I left the area and I was only maybe a couple hundred yards into the woods up the creek. I've bent over and I'm just scooping stuff in. I'm paying for gold and doing my thing. That feeling just overtook me. And there was the other time when I heard the vocalizations about forty yards away from the house. That was probably three years ago. That was a pretty ominous thing. It made me stop doing night walks. I don't do night walks on the property like I used to just because of that. I don't want to come face to face with whatever made that noise. To be quite frank with, well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you want to see one, but you want to see it in the right circumstances. You don't want to be opening a curtain and they have been looking at you, or see it while you're walk taking a walk at night. Oh god, yeah, I told people.
Speaker 1: I told that story on many podcasts, and I've talked about it on my show, and people said. The first thing they said was, what did you go outside and look and see what it was? I'm like, no, I had no desire.
Speaker 2: To do that. It's so easy, no desire.
Speaker 1: No. I've had situations where I've been outside on the deck before bed and i hear something running up the side of the heel here that sounded bipedal and sounded big I'm not chasing that. I learned long ago. I did that in my police career. I don't chase bullets anymore. I don't chase bad guys, and I'm not chasing bigfoot on my property. Just not doing it.
Speaker 2: That's good. Have you ever had I mean you very likely because I know I know where you live, and you live in a very very rural area, lot of trees, water, a good area, hills, You've got all the right geography. Have you ever experienced a noise or a slap on the home or what you thought was a rock hitting or your home?
Speaker 1: Never a slap, but I have heard strange things hitting the house. We have a ten roof. We live in a four hundred square foot tiny house and it has a tin roof. But there are things that fall out of the tree.
Speaker 2: I'm very skeptical.
Speaker 1: I'm an Ockhams Raiser kind of guy, so I always go to the simplest explanation is it's probably something falling out of a tree. I have heard things in the past that have made me scratch my head and wonder. I think the last time I was on with you guys was like March of twenty twenty two. So a lot of things has happened over the last couple of years on the property and off the property obviously, but I had never heard wood knocks until last year. It was I guess it was early fall. I was getting ready to go up to Canada, was going on expedition with tide standing in October of last year. It was right before I left to go to that expedition. I went out to do my business off the front porch, which I do because we live in the woods. Like three o'clock in the morning, I heard these five power knocks.
Speaker 2: It was like bam.
Speaker 1: It sounded like they were probably half a mile to a mile away. There's a huge ridge. Our property goes all the way up to the back of the ridge we have forty acres and on the other side of that there's another probably three hundred acres of nothing but woods. It was coming from that direction, which is where the majority of the vocalizations outside of what we heard forty yards or so away from the house have come from. So yeah, it couldn't be anything other than the quintessential wood knock that people describe hearing. That's the first and only time I've ever heard anything like that.
Speaker 2: I don't know the.
Speaker 1: Things hitting the house, Like I said, I could be acorns falling out of a tree, but sometimes I've heard them and it sounds like something different, but never a slap on the house now, So.
Speaker 2: On the vocals that you've heard, including the wood knocks, do you think those could be a vocal to the wood knocks? I do.
Speaker 1: So many people I have talked to over the last few years have brought that.
Speaker 2: Up more and more.
Speaker 1: I talked to one gentleman not too long ago who claimed to have seen a sasquatch making these popping wood knock sounds with its mouth. And I've got another gentleman that was in our Facebook group big Foot Encounters and Field Research on Facebook. One of the guys in the group recently has postulated that these things are mouth pops instead of wood knocks. I'm actually in the process of reading Tom Powell's.
Speaker 2: Book The Locals.
Speaker 1: I just ordered those because I just interviewed Tom a couple of days ago, and it's one of the things we got into towards the end of his interview is he was literally showing me how he thinks that sasquatch does these wood knocks with their mouth. If you really think about it, it doesn't make sense that sasquatch is out in the woods with something to knock on trees. Right if you go out right now in the woods, if you're in an area where you can go out and try to find a stick that you can hit a tree with that's going to make that kind of noise and resonate the way that does, it's almost impossible because ninety percent of the time, anything on the ground is going to be soggy, wet, it's going to fall apart. So I just don't think they're doing it well exactly.
Speaker 2: They can't. There was a time where we got an answer right after we wood knocked, and I'm like, there's no way they've phoned a stick that quick and responded, there's just no way. How do you think they do it?
Speaker 1: Can you show us basically what Tom was showing me. You open your mouth, you have your mouth open, and then you're cupping your hands and you're hitting your hands in front of your mouth like a He does it much better than me.
Speaker 2: That's a fail.
Speaker 1: That's definitely a fail. Tom is going to fail me out of my science class because I do so.
Speaker 2: It could be like a tongue click and then doing the cupping the hands got so interesting because it shirt does sound like wood when you get that baseball bat or something on the exact right sized pine tree, it's just got that echo, hollow sound. But yeah, I agree, there's just there could be no way they can mimic wood hitting wood. What else can they mimic? Now? Metallic sounds.
Speaker 1: I've interviewed so many people that have talked about hearing weird metallic sounds eight miles deep in the woods where there's no explanation where they're having big foot activity. It just doesn't make sense. We experienced it quite a few times when I was up in Radium last year with Todd. These things were interacting like I was doing whoops and calls back. I was getting wood knocks in response, much like you said, there's no time for them to be able to do that, like you can't hind.
Speaker 2: A rock or tide.
Speaker 1: Postulates that they're using rocks on rocks at times and or rocks on trees. I don't know. I tried to demonstrate that while I was up there. I took a big rock and smacked the side of one of these huge trees that hurts like hail.
Speaker 2: Dude. Yeah, I don't think that's what's going on, but definitely that. Yeah, I've heard the two rocks bain together. That kind of makes sense, but they could be mimicking that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: What's the weirdest vocal that you've heard other than a woodknock?
Speaker 1: Definitely the Ohio Howell type vocalization is what we were hearing. That's the first thing we ever heard on the property.
Speaker 2: Like an air raid, Sirene.
Speaker 1: The one that we heard here near the house was forty yards away or so, had a little bit of a bark or a growl on the end. It was at the end it was cleared, So that definitely the weirdest.
Speaker 2: It's like a samurai growl sort of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's definitely a good way to put it. I think the weirdest thing that I've ever heard was up in Radium last October. We're sitting around the campfire. There's five of us sitting around. Todd's talking, of course, because that's what he does best. We're all sitting there listening to him tell the story, and we hear it's like this kind of sound sounds like it's thirty feet away from us in the woodline. I immediately stopped. I was like, hold on, did you guys hear that. Ashley was there, his research partner and girlfriend was sitting there. Kyle, the other guy, he heard it. I heard it, Ashley heard it, Todd didn't hear it, and Richard, Kyle's dad, who's heart of hearing, bless his heart, he.
Speaker 2: Didn't hear much, so he didn't hear it either.
Speaker 1: But we clearly heard what sounded like samurai chatter, and actually caught a little bit of that over Todd talking on the audio recorded that I had going and it's really weird. It's the only time I've ever heard anything that sounded remotely like the Sierra sounds Samurai chatter. Obviously, in real life and or recorded. Frankly, I've never heard it before, but it was clear as day. We definitely heard it, and it sounded like it was thirty feet away from us. It was not far away.
Speaker 2: Did you hear them? We recorded like talking of at Snowbrow. It was so weird and so clear. We not only heard it, but we recorded it. Dave Ellis, I think he's in the chat yep. He started analyzing it and comparing it to even some other known vocalizations, including the Moorheads, and yet it's got all those missing fundamentals. Man, it's just like human talking, but with the samurai kind of flair. It was so clear. It wasn't like a distant It was like talking right near our mic.
Speaker 1: But like another language. We're not talking like English, we're.
Speaker 2: Talking oh right, yeah, like in Gibberish.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But yet you could if you wanted to, you could substit to with you in words. It was mind blowing for me, actually knowing something's right outside that cabin door in the middle of nowhere, talking vocalizing, but with a human language. I don't know, man, it's so good chills thinking about it.
Speaker 1: It's really unnerving when you think about it. I left that trip from Radium having had so many awesome experiences that I couldn't explain. God, here we are, We're eighteen miles deep in the middle of freaking nowhere. Something is throwing rocks at us. It's either banging a tree or it's making something. It sounds like a wood knock. Now we're hearing this weird gibberish samurai kind of chatter stuff. It was really unnerving. We were sleeping in campers. But let's face it, those things are like coke cans. They're like ten cans, right, there's not a lot of protection. If these things wanted in, they could easily get to it over. Yeah, it's a done deal.
Speaker 2: It's a wrap. Right. It's very unnerving.
Speaker 3: Just to put in perspective. I've been watching a documentary on chimps, Regular chimps. There was a case with I had to put one down and it literally ripped a door right off.
Speaker 2: Of a car.
Speaker 3: We're talking on a two hundred pound chim not a bigfoot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those things are no joke, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah. When we went to Snell, so we went down Brian and the lady goes, well, you guys are going out to Snell and we're like, yeah, we're flying out today. She's like that Cavin got wrecked two weeks ago. Again we're like what, Adam goes, you do you have any pictures or videos? She is a video broken glass doors ripped off, inside, covered doors ripped off, all that same kind of weird damage, no scratches, no bite marks. Then they got it fixed and then that was great. So we're thinking, oh, great, the cabin's fixed, we're gonna go back. We walked down to the dock, Brian. You get in the plane and the pilot goes, oh, we're taking out to Snell today and we're like yeah, and he goes, did you hear what happened after we got the cabin fixed? Now he goes, something pushed a tree on top of the roof. So it's just something doesn't like that cabin. I talked to the owner and he said, yeah, that thing is that cabin has cost me a fortune to keep it in repair.
Speaker 1: So they knew you were coming. Doug, You're like a magnet for the stony.
Speaker 2: Oh no, man, it's just it's craziness. Doesn't the existence of this creature bother you? Like it bothers me? Like we deal with it every day. You do, and I know I do every day. I deal with this, and yet still bugs me. I can't just look up in the encyclopedia or online and see all of the scientific photos of it. It just doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it drives me crazy. I have been so skeptical for so long, and I've been on the fence, and I've had experiences recently, just over the last less than a year that have completely taken me past the point of wondering if these things exist to knowing that they exist. Now I'm in this weird place of all I'm focused on is what they are, why we can't find them, why we don't have them scientifically recognized. All of the things just spiral around in my brain constantly. It drives me insane, it really does. It keeps me up a lot of nights. I get up and start working, sometimes at four o'clock in the morning because it just bugs me so much that I want to learn as much as I possibly can. It's one of the reasons I started Tom's book after I had the conversation with him a couple of days ago. It's just getting as much knowledge and frankly anything I can get that would push me in a direction one way or the other. Now I'm more about recognition. I want to get these things recognized. And I know that's not everybody's cup of tea. Plenty of people say, I'm not trying to prove this to anybody. I know, but knowing's not enough for me.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing, Brian, you have to deal with this mystery every day. Oh yeah, you're interviewing you. How many witnesses of you interviewed by now.
Speaker 1: I'm over five hundred episodes of sasquat ch Outa.
Speaker 2: See you've interviewed a very minimum five hundred six seven hundred people.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Probably if you figure in speaking engagements and going to conferences and just talking to people on the spot in person, probably a thousand people at this point.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so probably easy. But we can't get away from the lack of substenance. And I've been chasing this thing thirty five years, and like you, I have the vocals and the rocks and the wood nuts and the footprints and the hair, all very physical, but yet I still feel like I'm going crazy, going nuts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you go down the rabbit hole, it takes you farther and deeper every single day, but I love it. It's one of my favorite things.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, yeah, yeah. I don't want to think that you don't enjoy what you do. I know you do, but it still drives you. It is a little bit maddening.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like we're getting closer, for lack of a better word, community.
Speaker 1: That's a good question, Alex. I'll be honest with you. I think there is a lot of work to be done in the community. I see this over and over, just the different camps that people are in. You have a conversation with somebody like Tom Powell. He is out there with his theories on these things, but he's come to these conclusions after decades of looking into this. I'm still a flesh and blooder. I'm in that camp. I've planted my flag there since day one. But I'm open minded enough to listen to other people's experiences. I have an episode coming out on Friday a lady that I interviewed months ago who has some wild experiences with these things. She believes that they're interdimensional creatures. They have the ability to cloak and all of the things that everybody is going to call wu or high strangeness. But after having that conversation with her, I walked away going wow. I was shaking my head a little bit. But she made some very valid points during that interview that really made me think about other possibilities. So I think people are moving forward, at least I see that a lot. I collaborate with a ton the people in the Bigfoot community and stay tuned for more Sasquatch out to sea. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 2: And Brian, you've been in zoo Book meetings. Yes, that's a big move forward. Scientists getting together talking about this topic, listening to guys like you and like me. I think it's a huge breakthrough. I agree because that group is growing. There's more and more scientists and experts joining. At some points, I'm hoping it just keep growing it becomes a real deal. But do you feel that what is it going to take to convince Okay, so here's a question, what do you think it will take just to convince scientists to study it?
Speaker 1: Honestly, I think there are plenty of people out there, like the ones that are involved in Zoo Book. There are quite a few that are in the Bigfoot closet, they're not going to come out because there's a risk of losing funding. There's a risk of losing or not gaining tenure. Meldrum went through that, Krantz went through a ton of that before he passed away. In his career, he was ostracized by plenty of people in his community of science that did not like the fact that he was even acknowledging that this was a possibility or even looking at the evidence. I think until some of those people come out of the Bigfoot closet and do more of a Jeff Meldrum approach, I think if a couple of those people would come out and be leaders in the field and do that. But honestly, I don't think any huge number of scientists are going to take this seriously until there's a type specimen for them to say, Okay, this is a real deal. Now we're going to start doing the science right. We're going to take this thing apart and figure out what it is. Until that happens, I don't see a whole lot of movement, honestly, outside of people who have a hobby type interest who may be a scientist looking into it because they believe there's a there there, But until there's a type specimen, I don't think anybody in the scientific community at law are just going to take a huge interest in studying.
Speaker 2: What if, though, like Darby and gets safe number of full sequences DNA. Do you think that might get some interest more interest? I think it certainly would.
Speaker 1: That's something that I've thought about tons and tons of times, because there's a whole other underbelly of conversations to get in as far as collecting a specimen or not what the NAWAC has been trying to do for over a decade. Now, you get into those conversations with people, and I believe that if there was a concentrated effort, and I've had some conversations with people like Jeff from Pine Island Research about this in the past, if you get enough DNA from individuals and you can say we've got these twelve samples or we've got these fifteen samples that come back unknown there's some sort of unknown primate, then maybe science may perk up and say, if there's twelve or fifteen samples that are completely unknown, this has got to be something that we need to take a look at. Right that happens though, I really don't see it going any further, honestly, as far as DNA is concerned, because right now, when you get a sample of something that comes back unknown primate or unknown DNA, or appears to have some sort of contamination or whatever the case may be, that's all it is. But if you have ten of those, or twelve of those, or fifteen of those, or twenty of those, then you can start building a case of Okay, this collected here. It's unknown, but it's very similar to this. Then you can string those unknown samples together to say, now we have these are clearly from different animals, from different specimens. There's got to be there, so maybe somebody will take it a little bit further and get into that. But until that happens, I really don't see anything moving forward in any significant way, honestly than where we've been in the past.
Speaker 2: I think we're racing towards all having a DNA machine on our desk like we do a copy machine. I do see the technology getting smarter. I can hardly the DNA machines the labs are using from my printer. Do you remember, Brian, when we would pay or you'd go into the office and they'd have to sign a twenty year lease on a copier. I remember signing those leases. God, we're old, Doug, We're so old. So they were ten thousand dollars, which you had to have it. I remember signing a lease for the color copy or I was like a ten year lease because it was so expensive. But now they're what twenty eight bucks at Walmart or wherever you go, and then in cart Josey. Yeah there, that's where they get you. But they're still affordable. You can still have a color Crappt machine on your desktop for hundred bucks fully equipped with a wow, five thousand, ten thousand, and back in the nineties that was probably worth twenty five thousand. DNA machines and processing is coming that direction quick. I will predict within ten years, you, Brian king Charp, we'll own your own DNA machine to process DNA. Could be that's my prediction. I'll almost stick to a ten years to be able to buy him at the costco.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look at I guess the most comparable thing that my mind goes to is like carbon printers.
Speaker 2: There you go, there's the best example ever. Yeah. Good.
Speaker 1: Now you go to conferences and people have entire tables of things and you're like, oh my god, that's such a cool Bigfoot. Where did you get that?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I made it with my carbon printer at home?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, three D printer.
Speaker 1: Have a three D printer?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember when those things were, like when they first came out, like thirty grand. You can get them on eBay now or Amazon for a hundred bucks and they work really well. It's scary. Alex has got a hold, like a big room setup. How many three D printers JEV.
Speaker 3: Think, like ten or eleven, ten or.
Speaker 2: Eleven all running producing stuff, for making stuff or doing whatever. This is like craziness. So mark my words, in this ten years, we're in this very exponential technology at this point.
Speaker 3: So basically, even if the scientists aren't willing to do the hard work, if it's affordable, we can do it.
Speaker 2: I just think it's going to be Put it this way, I think Bigfoot's on its last legs of hiding from humanity.
Speaker 1: But here's the devil's advocate for a second, Like, how many people are really boots on the ground researchers that are out trying to collect DNA. I know you've done things in the past. I know, people like Jeff have done things. I've talked to other people that have done things like they're trying to make traps with velcrow and other things to get hair samples and those kind of things. But how many people are truly doing that, because, let's face it, DNA is not really sexy. Beating on trees and screaming and doing all the fun things that we've been taught to do. Finding Bigfoot and all these other things is fun stuff, right, You're going out in the woods and doing all the cool things. But setting up something like Jeff's experiment, Jeff's going out and lead balls, going and collecting them every day at the butt crack of dawn and taking an hour ride in on a canoe. People just don't do that kind of stuff. And that's really what it takes, in my opinion. Sure, you can look up on a sample, you can find a footprint that may have some E DNA in it, or a rogue hare or something like that, but it takes devoted researchers that are boots on the ground really looking for that for it to be something that we have enough of those samples to send it to somebody like Darby to test yeah.
Speaker 2: But like my little tech breakdown, it's no big deal, but it reminds people that it's not that hard to have at least the tools to collect DNA or fingerprint or whatever. I think things are going to change. I think we're going to see the bar. I'm hoping LMS two with all the science I'm putting in there and all the news stuff, I'm hoping that raises the bar. I won't solve the mystery, it'll raise the bar. And I think we all just keep raising the bar. Every podcast you do, Brian w you interview with good witness, you have raised the bar. That's what I try to do.
Speaker 1: I started the show because I wanted to talk to those people that had those experiences. And I've quickly realized that I have the ability as a podcast or any podcast, there's not anything unique to me. Anybody who interviews witnesses, whether you're talking about Bigfoot or other cryptids or five, whatever the case may be, you become a repository of information. Yeah, and it's out there in perpetuity. I could drop dead tomorrow and every one of those five hundred plus episodes of sasquatch Otessy will be out there. In perpetuity for people to go back and listen to.
Speaker 2: It, and just so you know, and I don't know if you think about it, there are scientists studying your podcast. They're listening to those stories. At some point it's going to have an effect. So what you're doing is very worthwhile, far beyond what you may think it's doing. I think historically people will look back at this stuff and go, wow, well it's going to be a big deal. So I do congratulate because you're definitely a pioneer in thus.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned for more Sasquatch Otasey. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 2: You West Germer, other people that have just documented all these stories are really doing heroes work.
Speaker 1: I already see it myself. I can go back and listen to We just celebrated we're over five hundred episodes at this point. We just did a live show over on that Bigfoot podcast to celebrate the five hundred episode of Sasquatch Odyssey. That's one of the things I talked about is I go back to episode two or three of the show and I'm hearing people tell me things that I thought were some of the most far fetched things I'd ever heard, and at that time they were. But over the course of those next five hundred plus episodes, so many people have had so many similar experiences, almost identical experiences, that I can go back and compare and say, this person was in Missouri and this happened in nineteen ninety seven, and then this person had a very similar experience in New York State in two thousand and three. It's so amazing to be able to go through and see all of the nuances that have come out over these five hundred plus episodes, of all of these amazing encounter stories. I think that is important Now. Hopefully sometime in the future, like you said, that people will be able to look back at that. Yeah, because we're already getting the data.
Speaker 2: The thing is, the scientists, Brian can Binge listen to your shows. You can get this perspective on what's really going on. They can hear the sincerity in the witness. I just think it's very important. It's why we just started five Minute Witness because I want to do something a little more that for all people listen to fine of our show. The stuff's important to document because there's very few people giving evidence and there's very few people collecting it. Okay, So what do you think these things are? I know you mentioned it a little bit here. You think they're flesh and blood? But get let's go a little deeper on that. Do you think they're an indigenous etive tribe that somehow is covered with hair? Are they a prehistoric man of some sort? What do you think they really will end up finding?
Speaker 1: That is such a deep question. I am certainly not there to have an answer. I have been back and forth on so many different levels with possible candidates for these things, and I tried to do that a little bit and sasquatch on lease. The truth behind the legend is talk about what they could be. Go down the list of candidates.
Speaker 3: Well, how about this, let me make it even more complicated. Oh please, do I love complicating because you deluded that you're still in this camp of flesh and blood? What was your best guess when he first got into the podcasting? How has that changed? How do you feel now? Best guests? And where was it before?
Speaker 1: I was always in some shape, form or fashion, thinking some sort of a relic, hominoid of some sort. Right, I am farthered down the road now, honestly thanks to Matt Pruitt. Matt Pruitt is to blame for this. I think Gigantopithecus is probably and not necessarily Gigantopithecus is Blackie. But some clade of Gigantopithecus, possibly some sort of a hybrid, is even possible for these creatures, because if they were to make it to North America, I think they would probably be, in my opinion, the best sort of candidate for these things. Otherwise, I don't know what to make of them, to be honest with you, because nothing explains the size different abilities that people claim that they've experienced with these creatures. There is nothing, in my opinion, in the fossil record, or even possibly outside of the fossil record, that would be a perfect candidate for all of those things. But Gigantopithecus certainly fits the bill for possible size some behaviors.
Speaker 2: Oh no, mean to interrupt you, but do you think it's even possible? What if there's two completely different creatures that evolved two different ways from two different early hominids, you know, and we could be dealing with that too.
Speaker 1: It's pretty highly unlikely for most people to even conceive the fact that there's some sort of giant, hairy hominid that's walking around now undiscovered in North America. I think it would be even a bridge farther than that to think that there is possible Now. I think there are possible offshoots or different types of these creatures, because if you look at the descriptions across history, and we're talking hundreds of years, we're not talking about recent history. But if you just look at the last fifty years of documented encounters of these things, from the Pacific Northwest down to the Everglades in Florida, there are so many different types of creatures described. Can you attribute a lot of that or some would say even most of that to us being fallible? I wit sure, because under stress and high stress situations, people see things that may not be entirely accurate. But I think by and large, if you just look at the physical descriptions of these things start in the Pacific Northwest and then work your way east, they change drastically in some cases, size, different colors, different facial features, different arm links, you name it. It runs the gambit.
Speaker 2: How often do you hear Brian a reddish browner than a ranting colored like the color of your logo. Do you hear that often or do you mainly hear black?
Speaker 1: I hear that quite often, actually reddish brown, rust colored brown, specifically in the eastern southeastern United States for the part.
Speaker 2: Is it just me or does this seem like it's changed in the last five six years? Look, I'm hearing more and more of these auburn colored.
Speaker 1: Bigfoots right less black, less dark brown, more of this rust colored cinnamon kind of read. Yep, you're absolutely right. I've seen the trend as well.
Speaker 2: How what do we attribute that to?
Speaker 1: Is it some sort of adaptation that's happening over the last say, five decades, or is it something else?
Speaker 2: Is it environmental?
Speaker 1: Is it something that's just happening in the psyche of people because they're hearing those descriptions somehow that morphs its way into their experience because they've heard that on shows like mine. Because we have to be honest, That's why I wrote a huge amount in the book about that bigfoot in pop culture, what that does to the stories, how that impacts people's brains when they have experiences genuine or not. There's plenty of genuine experiences that people have, but those things influence us. If you listened to every episode of my show or Wes's show, or everything you can get on Bigfoot, it's going to impact the way that you experience things when it actually happens to you in real life. I think there's a combination and a culmination of all those things that really affect those things. But physically, is it an adaptation? Is it something that's happening over the evolution of these things. I don't know, but I've certainly I've noticed it as well. You'll still get those accounts of this thing was jet black. It was blacker than black, it was dark brown. But by and large, there's a lot more people that are coming forward and they're seeing this sort of reddish brown, cinnamon red.
Speaker 2: I just swear to God, back in the old days, all I heard it was black. No, I'm hearing auburn. Cal I'm like, what the hell is going on? It's strange, strange, And do you wonder about that? I don't know, whatever you would think auburn would actually blend in better? What are your thoughts on that? Here? A hunter, do you think it would be harder to see an auburn colored Bigfoot or a jet black bigfoot.
Speaker 1: Certainly in the autumn when the leaves are changing, it would be perfect camouflage in this area here in North Carolina. If I walked out right now and there was something that was cinnamon colored or auburn colored, it could blend in easily in the woods here because just about every leaf is that reddish brown tint because they're changing and they're falling off the trees. But in other times of the year, yeah, it would probably even make sense then, versus something that's just completely jet black, like a black bear sticks out. If you see a black bear in the middle of the woods in the summer, everything's green and then boom, there's this big black mass.
Speaker 2: It just sticks out.
Speaker 1: So it would make sense to me that they would probably be able to blend in a lot better if they were something other than just jet black.
Speaker 2: The batmm made a really interesting comment, Is it possible our sun is a little stronger and these creatures are getting bleached out? Who's to say she's wrong exactly? That makes sense.
Speaker 1: Our hair changes, our skin tone changes. If the more time you're expose to the sun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've always felt the sun is getting stronger myself. It just goes grasping at straws. But I'd swear to God, I'm seeing things get baked. Ropes on my dock get disintegrated in two weeks. Sometimes nylon ropes. I've never seen that before. They get like hard as a rock and baked. I've seen those vinyl long window blinds, brain, I've seen those getting baked like you put them up and they've been on that course. Could be that cheaper materials are being used nowadays. But I'm seeing more and more baked plastic outside.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's just cheap plastic. I don't think the sun's getting shit. You could be right, But Daniel says in the Chatty's talking about Scott Carpenter has a picture of a white one. I've interviewed probably three people out of five hundred episodes of the show that have claimed to have seen a white sasquatch, and it seems to be the ones that I recall immediately. I know at least two out of the three that were in the seventies when this happened, and they were in North Carolina. Actually, the witness that I'm thinking of in particular saw a white one in the early seventies, early to mid seventies here in North Carolina, and that makes no sense to me. Whatsoever a white creature here, I want to interrupt.
Speaker 2: Is this important? Otherwise I want to forget. If you see infrared footage of a white bigfoot, chances are it's fake fur, because any fake fur looks white under infrared light at night. Nighttime footage white bigfoot because it's just the dyes produce a phosphorescent glow at night. I'm not saying that white ones don't exist, but I'm always suspicious at night when I see.
Speaker 3: Have you heard of white ones being seen in places? But there's a lot of snow.
Speaker 1: Definitely not in North Carolina. Just a white bigfoot in general doesn't make sense to me. It would have to be some sort of a mutation. Then you think about, how could a seven eight foot tall bipedal harry hominid avoid detection even in the best of scenarios, if it were completely white, it would be almost impossible to do. Again, not saying it's not possible, but it would be highly improbable that way.
Speaker 3: So how clearly did they see the white ones?
Speaker 2: Apparently? Oh, he saw it very clearly.
Speaker 1: He was probably thirty feet away with a group of friends. They were teenagers out playing hide and seek in the woods. This thing was standing thirty feet away from them, shaking a tree. It was pissed off. It was dark, but it was lit, so he could make it out pretty clearly. According to him, it was definitely right. Someone said, an albino, Yeah, it would definitely have to be some sort of a mutation.
Speaker 2: I would think. Yeah, there's a lot of evidence of pretty much every mammal. It can be born with white lack of pigment in there here. They don't even need to be an albino to be white. That's that. There's another word. I can't think of it right now. We showed that raven Alex, Remember that raven that was white? Yeah, not an albino had blue eyes, so who knows. But their hair is a little different. I studied all the time because it's like it wants to tell me something. I don't know what it is, but it's definitely got almost all of the ones I have, and the one I even collected up at Smell is hollow. Doesn't have that modulla inside, seems almost hollow inside, like a polar bear hair. You wonder if the sunlight could effect and bleach out a darker creature. What darker hair. If you take a person with black hair and you add bleach to it, which stimulates sun, turns reddish. So there you go. All right, just solve the mystery. There you go, folks, another topic, but it's one to think about. Everybody. Just be aware. Auburn bigfoot seem to be more common. So do you think that they're dangerous? What are your thoughts on that? You think it's possible they are snatching a hiker now and then or a person.
Speaker 3: Like missing for on one? Do you think they're responsible for a lot of disappearances state parks, stuff like that?
Speaker 2: Are they responsible for any disappearance?
Speaker 1: I think it's highly probable that they are. Because they are animals. They're just like people. That's like saying, is it possible that people kill people? Yeah, yeah, tons of people kill people every year. I think they're just like people in that aspect. I think there could be rogue bigfoot, that could be hungry bigfoot.
Speaker 3: It's not so much a regular thing, like not most people aren't murderers, but obviously as a percentage there's violent people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would say it's probably less probable that you're going to have a run in with a bigfoot that's going to drag you into the woods. Then you're going to run into a bad person who's going to give you problems in the woods. But I certainly think again it's probable, because I think these things are animals, and if they are as powerful as I think they are, ninety nine point nine to eight percent of all the encounter stories that we hear are very benign, right, They're very mundane.
Speaker 2: Run of the day.
Speaker 1: I ran across them. They were running away from me. They were trying to get away. They're trying to be unseen. That kind of thing. Only a few people here and there you hear. These things are seeking out people. They're looking in windows, they're right next to people in the woods, They're coming up. They seem to be pushing the boundaries in some cases. Yeah, certainly, I think there's probably some scenarios where people have not fared well against these things. I know you guys have had Fred roll on from Alaska.
Speaker 2: I feature a.
Speaker 1: Lot of the stories that's Red tells from Alaska. Just about without fail, every type of encounter up there is a negative one in that area. It seems to be very isolated. It's not the expanse of all Alaska, but there's this certain area that these things seem to be very aggressive and territorial. I think that makes sense in a lot of cases. I think that they're probably protecting resources. They're acting like a bear would. I think they're very similar. That's the best comparison that I can come up with in known animals to say they're probably very much like a black bear or a brain. They've got to protect their resources. They're gonna protect their young, they're gonna protect their territory if you cross the line and you don't obey their warning signs. And I do think with sasquatch there are a lot of warning signs. I think the vocalizations are a warning sign. I think these woodknock noises, whether they're made with vocal cords or their mouth or whatever, I think those are warnings. I certainly think rock throwing is a warning. It's something that people need to pay attention to. If you fail to do all of those things and you keep encroaching, or you do the wrong things, very much like a bear, you're gonna end up dead. I think that's a possibility with Bigfoot.
Speaker 2: By the way that word Eric and Flat Rock, it's lucistic. Lucistic is a non albinome blonde genetic difference because I would think albinos would have more problem with their eyes where lucistic animals do. Not makes sense. So thank you Eric and Rock.
Speaker 1: God you have a smart audience. They're amazing.
Speaker 3: They are incredible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just gonna leave it at that. They're smarter than Alex. Doesn't I'm just kidding. Oh, I was gonna mention too. And David, if you get a moment, Alex send David a lank for tonight, and David towards the end of the show tonight will play those sounds are recording up at snell.
Speaker 1: Ooh, very cool.
Speaker 2: If you hang on till I get a little deeper here, we'll play him. If David's willing, If he's still with us, Yeah, there is, he's still here. I'm sure he'd be happy to play those. This whole mystery is maddening, but it's also I think certainly enhanced my life beyond I can't even describe it. Don't you feel the same way, Brian. We're a lot alike in that way that we work full time on this. Don't you think it's enhanced your life in a whole bunch of ways.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, First and foremost, it is with the people that I have met because of this subject. I've said that to you and Alex and Blaine it before. That's the most important thing to me is the relationships that I've built because of this. People that I would have never met or have never gotten the pleasure of knowing and calling friends happened.
Speaker 2: Because of the subject.
Speaker 1: Now, the people that I grew up entertained by or fascinating by your work, Monster Quest, watching Cliff Kevin Bobo on television, now being able to call people like that friends. It's amazing to have the resources just to reach out and brainstorm. We've done that in the past. You've called me about things, I've called you about things I do that with Cliff. It is fascinating the things that you wouldn't have known otherwise. This has just opened up so many doors for me. And it truly always comes back to the people. Being able to travel the world and see the people that I've met connect over this subject to that just otherwise wouldn't have happened, has been amazing.
Speaker 2: I don't care what anybody says ninety nine point ninety nine percent of everybody I've ever met, there's just amazing, wonderful people. They are most people.
Speaker 1: Looting Brian, yes, but that's debatable. The jury still out on me. But everybody else that I have.
Speaker 2: Met has been fantastic. Yes, And I think the topic brings people together. I'll ever forget it. When we were at the Ohio Bigfoot Conference, some guy came into the buffet. He just yelled as lowsycuse. He goes, I'm finally with my people. I thought, yeah, I get it.
Speaker 1: That's exactly how I felt. We got to hang out after the conference. It was phenomenal. Cliff called me up and said, hey, man, are you coming to the Ohio Bigfoot Conference. I was like, no, I've never done it. But he was like, come hang out with me when in my booth and we'll sell your books. Obviously, Cliff wrote the forward to my book, so he was like, come on, you'll sell books, and you can help me with my booth and we'll hang out. I stood there for eight hours, sandwiched between Cliff Barrickman and Matt Pruitt. I think my IQ went up like seventy five points that day, just standing between them. It was just through osmosis. It was freaking phenomenal. The people that came up to the booth, it's amazing. And we went and had dinner afterwards and hung out. Mark does a fantastic job with that. It was amazing to go out and hang out with you guys the night before, just the conversation. I literally stood there and talked to you, Alex and Blaine for an hour or more and just had the best time.
Speaker 2: It was more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was way more folks, way more. It seemed like only an hour because it was so much fun. But yeah, it was just an amazing experience. I felt so connected to everybody. And where else can you do that. You're standing around jaw jacking with Doug Hijack, the Man, Alex himself, click Berrickman. You've got Jeff Meldrum milling around eating a hot dog. It doesn't get any better than that. And it's all because of Bigfoot.
Speaker 2: It's an amazing thing. Man, It's the best thing I've ever done in my life. Oh I remember is I had a few beers and all of a sudden, Marcos, you need to come in and sign two hundred banners, which I'm sure you had to do.
Speaker 1: You remember that was that before or after he was doing his sarmiento?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that was priceless. Yes, I think my pants and Mark can do Esteban sermiantos.
Speaker 1: And stay tuned for more sasquatch out to see. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 2: Estebon is such a great guy. I talked to him the other day. I was asking him about the apricrine glands under primate's armpits have a little different type of land than we do, although we have some of those two but not the quantity. And I was asking him whether would that substance that comes out of there, could that be spread on objects as a territorial marker. He hadn't really thought about it, but he goes, yeah, absolutely smells I'm potent. And I'm like, okay, that's it. Goodbye. Thanks for sharing. Esteban.
Speaker 1: What what do you think about the smell, Doug, Because that's something that when I first got into Bigfoot, that was something that I thought was just synonymous with these things, but it's really, in my experience, only been about fifteen to twenty percent of the documented encounters. Do you think it's an environmental thing. Do you think it has to do with this gland? What is your thoughts on where's the smell coming from.
Speaker 2: I'm one hundred percent convinced because of an experiment that we ran that they can produce it at will. We did something to irritate them, and we got sprayed. We walked quarter a mile, did something to irritate them a little bit, got sprayed. I call it sprayed. But we got a whole bunch of us together and did something else and they stopped. We did that, I don't know five times, and I've just got a little more convinced that they can produce it at will because that was my first experience with a big put sitting on a deer stand, going out there in the middle of the night, really amazing area. Then the stink going from the most fresh area could ever smell to Oh my god, a dead zombie just walked into the scene. Much smell like rotten flesh, dog poop. Everything was just horrid. It's bad. So I think, yeah, I think they produce it. I think they're actually very clean. I think they're extremely clean. I don't think that's a smell that they just naturally have they do it when they're irritated.
Speaker 1: I've always thought it was more at least maybe in some places like the Everglades, Florida, really humid places here like in the southeastern United States, that it might be something that was more environmental because they're not necessarily bathing.
Speaker 2: Let's stop right there. I spent ten days in the jungles and belize I've never sweated so much in my life. On the summertime I was down there working for Discovery Channel, I just kept jumping in the river. Pan who cares? Just constantly jumping in the river every chance I got jumped in the river because they will just refresh you. I would think they spend a lot of time in the water, and they're actually quite clo No, I don't think I'd go over forty minutes without jumping in some river again or a creek just to stay fresh, felt cool, felt good. So I don't know, But yeah, I used to think that too. I agree. I used to think, Yeah, maybe they just think but who wants to feel irritated? You are when you be sweat. Do you think they're any different? It's just irritating sweat in your eyes? No, I think that they swim a lot. I think they take a lot of depth, and it's one reason they're very close to water. Is that a question you ask I want to ask you that. If you don't, you should, But how far was the sighting from water?
Speaker 1: It's not a typical thing that I ask during people's encounters, but you're right, I should probably ask that more often. But it would make sense to your point that if they're able to produce that scent for whatever reason in high stress situations, it would actually make more sense that was the case versus it being an environmental thing, because if it were simply environmentally, you'd think it would be in more like eighty percent of the cases versus twenty percent, because most of the environments are the same when people have these encounters. So yeah, maybe they're just not as stressed, or they're not producing that smell, or it takes another level of encounter for them to do that. Then I guess that would make more sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you go from the freshest air in the world. Okay, here's a great story, try to make it really short. We were on horseback in the San Croz Valley, riding horses through We had ridden through this trail we were investigating. I was filming, and everything's normal, the airs just as fresh as it could be. And then we're coming back on the same trail we'd already gone down, and now it stinks all Mike, we're just being blasted and we're trying to ride a horse hold in your shirt pasture nos. And all of a sudden we come across a coyote lane in the middle of the trail that had its back broken. It was very much alive. You could see the handprints on it. You could literally it was very it was blinking, it was alive, no blood, but its spine was clearly pulled apart, wow, snap and put there. So there was somebody that was I don't know if you'd call it warning, trying to intimidate us to get out of there. I don't know. But those two things together, is that coincidence, Brian, I'm thinking probably not. Oh, and then a guy gets a rock thrown at him too, one of the guys.
Speaker 1: That's a whole other level of totality of circumstances.
Speaker 2: So you just have to wonder. You have to go. Yeah, but that smell was so bad, I named it doesn't caught on yet. But I call it putris scene because that is a chemical that rotting corpse is given off. It's caused by bacteria that produced this sulfur like stinky. It's the smell of rotting flesh. And the actual chemical name is putres scene. So I like to call the sauce squatch stained sasquatch futuracy. I think it's definitely just chemical reaction that they're putting off, probably coming out of their pits or some other glands they may have in their body. But boy, it's bad.
Speaker 3: It would make sense to get people to leave the area.
Speaker 2: I don't know how they could stand themselves, but.
Speaker 3: Almost like a skunk, yeah exactly, Yeah they spread it or who knows, nothing wants to be around it.
Speaker 2: But don't you think that'll be Okay, Let's say there was a big foot on the table and only I add it to in my garage. Let's just pretend Brian and I call you up and I go, I got a bigfoot on my table. What questions do you ask me? Quickly?
Speaker 1: Can I get a flight to Minnesota?
Speaker 2: That would be well, okay, I get that, but what are you going to ask? So you get ten questions. What are you going to ask me? It's just laying there. I can do whatever I want to it. Let's say it's tranquilized, okay, would he ask me?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think the first thing I would say is have you taken fingerprints? Because that's the whole thing I've been doing recently. I'm actually going to put out an episode of Sasquatch out to sy here in the next couple of weeks about the dermal ridges and some of those casts from back in the eighties with Paul Freeman, because I'm not so convinced about the dermal ridge thing. That's a whole another conversation for another day, but that would be the first.
Speaker 2: Really. Yeah, but we all have friction ridges on our hands, our feet. We couldn't function without it. What's your take on it? Yeah, we want to hear it. Why do you think that something couldn't transfer those?
Speaker 1: I think it's possible to transfer them. I've read and seen other things about those dermal ridges possibly being some sort of effect from oh, a plaster exactly. I'm middle of the road on that. Darryl Collier wrote an amazing article back in I think it was two thousand and seven that I read just recently goes in depth. He really is very convincing. When it comes to the dermal ridges. There was that guy, his name escapes me. He actually went to several Bigfoot conferences with some faked dermal ridge cast. You probably know who I'm talking about. Does I think he was actually made Bigfoot of the Year, But he's still on those casts and Bigfoot times. But there were artifacts that he was able to recreate that very much simulated those dermal ridges, So that would be the first question. I would want to see the fingerprints from this thing.
Speaker 2: But here's the question. In order to get a dormal ridges and a cast, you have to first transfer that information into the soil. So you're gonna need a very fine volcanic ash. That's not gonna happen in sand. Friction ridges are too fine to ever be transferred into sand, So it could happen with black dirt, maybe in mud, but I just don't think dirt of any kind is going to be really good at transferring that type of detail. But I've got a cast that definitely I think has plaster artifacts look like they could be dermals. But I also have one from harry Ford track that in the middle. That's not a plaster artifact of no way. Most of those artifacts happen as expansion joints on the edge of a casting, not in the middle. You deal with those same kind of expansion joints in rubber and in plastic, any kind of material like that's going from soft to hard, you're gonna get those kind of things. So if you know what to look for, it's really not that big of a deal. But what I'm interested are those waxy, really detailed fingerprints that Angie has gotten down in Ohio. Many other people have collected all over those really detailed waxy handprints. You cannot fake those. There's so much detail. You can see the microscopic sweatports if you photograph. There's no doubt these creatures have dermals. Every animal, everything born has got dermals on it.
Speaker 1: I want to address something Digger Dog said about yeah, six or seven minutes ago. He's talking about apes can't swim and they retain their stink all the time. Apes actually can swim. Digger you listen to Sasquatch out to say, we had an primatologist on a while bine and we answered that question. They actually can't. Most apes don't get into deep water and actually swim because they don't like dark water because of the possibility of crocodiles and other predators. But they are able to swim. Yeah, I guess my second question for you would be this, I am fascinated with the teeth of these creatures because you hear accounts about big blockie like these tic tac kind of blocky teeth. You also hear about pronounced canines, in some cases very sharp teeth when they bare their teeth. I would definitely want to see some photographs of the teeth.
Speaker 2: I know you've heard them as well. Doug, Well, look at people. Some people have very pronounced canines, some people don't have any. That doesn't mean much. Look at the differences in people's mouths.
Speaker 3: Do you think it's regional?
Speaker 2: Do you think they're different subspecies?
Speaker 1: I think subspecies. I think that's a bridge too far from me for these things, because again, it would indicate that there's multiple species of these undiscovered hominids or hominoids. It just doesn't make sense to me. I think it could be a regional adaptation certainly, but how long does it take for those to happen? Over the course of these things evolving.
Speaker 3: We look at how different even just people are.
Speaker 1: But by and large, here's the thing. There are people with more pronounced canines, but people there are don't typically look like vampire Stracula.
Speaker 2: We don't have Dracula.
Speaker 1: Walking around bram Stoker's Dracula, the Interview of the Vampire Draculas, whatever Dracula you're thinking of. By and large, people's teeth are very similar. If they're mains, whatever the case may be, they're blockier, they're human type teeth. So it's just fascinating to me that some people say this thing bared its teeth or growd and showed its teeth. They were very ominous. I think that goes back to typically humans and eyewitnesses are very fallible. You get into those situations, your high stress, your body's producing cortisol, you're on an adrenaline dump. Things don't often look the same as they actually are. I've said it recently on another podcast when I was a guest. We were talking about how I don't think typically it doesn't make sense for anything, even bigfoot sasquatch, to be twelve feet tall. That's not a common description, but I've heard it multiple times from people. This thing was twelve feet tall. We went back and measured the tree. Think of Robert Wadlow. I think he still probably is one of the tallest, if not the tallest, documented person on earth. He walked with a cane since he was a teenager because his body, the skeletal structure just wasn't built for that height and that weight. It just doesn't work anatomically.
Speaker 3: So and he was only like nine feet.
Speaker 2: Alex is going to be booking a kid that's got the biggest feet. They're like twenty four inches long. Wow, and he's like almost eight He's like just crazy and he doesn't have any of those pituitary issues apparently. Really he's just naturally this big. I mean, Alex is working on getting them on our show. Super neat kid, super smart. So there are cases of big people that are pretty athletic. Good a moose, they have an handler's that go horizontally. Oh the hell do they walk through the woods with a nine foot span of horns when I can barely get through and I only I've only got eighteen inches of profile.
Speaker 1: But I think what happens a lot of times and eyewitness testimony when it comes to encounters with bigfoot. I think, just my pain, I could be completely wrong here. I think these things are mostly between six and a half to seven and a half feet tall. I think it's that syndrome where you go into a bar, you maybe have one too many, you say something smart to the guy next to you, you beat your ass, and you go and tell your friends the next day, they're like, man, how'd you get that black eye?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: I got into it with the guy at the bar.
Speaker 2: He was huge.
Speaker 1: He was six point seven and three hundred pounds, when in the actuality, the guy who beat you up was five foot seven and weigh one hundred and twenty five pounds. He just happened to have a fourth degree black belt in taekwondo. All the things that went into that butt whooping that you got made you think he was six foot seven and three hundred pounds. It's the same thing when you have experiences. I think in a lot of cases, when people have eyewitness experiences and encounters with these things, they may be six and a half feet tall, and then by the time you get home and tell the story, it was nine feet tall and it was eight hundred and fifty pounds. No it might have actually been four hundred and fifty, right, and stay tuned for more sasquatch out to sea. We'll be right back after the east messages.
Speaker 2: My father in laws like over seven foot. My son in law is about seven foot. Both of them are extremely athletic, like really athletic. Look at Shack. He's a prime example. I don't know. Yeah, Shack is, but he doesn't have any problem. He didn't walk with a keene.
Speaker 1: He's enormous, and he was a very athletic, successful basketball player.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you can only imagine somebody had mentioned apes don't swim. I don't think they're apes. They may have ape like qualities. Just because you have hair all over you doesn't mean you're an ape. It really doesn't. If you take any of us and just covered us in hair, we would look pretty ape like, right, It wouldn't look very human. I think they're more human than ape, but they definitely have a lot of hair that obviously aids in their survival, don't you agree, Brian, mosquito's biting you on our bear of skin.
Speaker 1: The hair is the best defense against mosquitoes.
Speaker 2: I have really thick hair, and I don't remember ever getting bit in my scalp. Ever, I just don't because they can't get through it all. Somebody said if I put my wig on, I'm like, no, I don't have a wig. They just got thick air. And now mosquito's ever gotten through it either, So hair is a big protector. Oh no, it was one of the questions I did want to ask you. How do you think they deal with parasites. I don't know anything about Georgia or North Carolina or in those states as far as wood ticks, because I've never gotten one there, but I know in Minnesota you can walk ten feet and be covered with hundreds of them. Do you have any ideas and how they deal with the parasites, mosquitoes, wood ticks?
Speaker 1: We have tons of ticks during the summer here in North Carolina.
Speaker 2: You go out, you walk the dog, do you though, Oh yeah, explain it to us, because I'm just not familiar with it. How bad are they?
Speaker 1: They're pretty bad in the summer. We have three dogs, and every time I will go out and walk the dogs, we bring them in and we try to brush them and make sure they don't have any ticks on them. I've gone to bed after taking a shower and getting ready for bed at night and you fill something crawling on you and it's a tick. So they're everywhere in the South. But I think the best defense against that is the hair number one. But ticks don't care about hair. But the best thing that you can do is have a thumb right, because you can pick the ticks off of you. Dogs don't have the ability to do that. Cats don't have the ability. Other animals don't have the ability to do that. So if it were a tick situation, they would be able to just take them off just like we would, right they have the meat, or exactly.
Speaker 2: They would groom each other.
Speaker 1: I would imagine exactly, very similar to chimps, guerrillas, and other primates that we see known animals. Yeah, I think that's the other question, like internal parasites and eating things and drinking water that may not be the cleanest and dealing with those kind of things. I think it would be very much like indigenous people or people who live off the land. Now you use natural herbs, they would be very familiar with what to eat for them, this ailment and that ailment. That's my opinion. I think they would be smart enough to do that and use what was at their disposal naturally to deal with maybe those kind of parasites. Maybe there's even something they could rub on themselves that would act as a deterrent for ticks and mosquitoes.
Speaker 2: In fact, that was one of the questions I forgot to bring up. I asked Estabon about gland secretions because there was a new scientific paper that says they take it from their pits and they rub it on their bare skin and it helps soften their skin, keep it protected and protects against insects. And I went, ooh, that's a pretty new scientific paper. It's under a year old. I asked Testabon about that, and he said, one, gorillas generally will try to bend down in areas where there isn't mosquitoes, there are less ticks, but that this gland secretion really could help repel Maybe that could explain why they have switched a junk on their hands, is maybe they're spreading it on them to repel insects. I don't know. It's whole bunch of diarrhea theories, but it makes sense. If it makes sense, are it's definitely worth exploring. But do you ponder would you wonder about crap like that, Like I do stay awake at night going I wonder how do they keep their butt clean? How do they trim their fingernails? Do they chew their fingernails off? Do they just wear off? Do they have really long, ugly fingernails? Do you ever wonder about that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like the old what was it? Saturday Night Live? Things that make you.
Speaker 2: Go See, I was wondering if you know about the big foot of my garage, because to me, I would be like looking at its eyes and I'd be like looking at its ears and trying to really look at physiology in these things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be fascinating to me, because I tell you one of the things that has stuck out to me over the years. So many times I've talked to people that have told me about the self luminescent eyes.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: And I can't get into a whole lot of detail. I won't even wait into the world because I'm under an ndaight and I can't really talk about some of the experiences I've had recently because of the documentary I'm involved in. Okay, I've had experiences that would push me in the direction of being more open to the fact that people are seeing self luminescent eyes. I have a zero explanation for that, because I always thought it was a bunch of hooey, or there was something else going on, some other phenomenon or something that they were missing. But I tell you there's something to it. It makes no sense to me whatsoever. Physiologically, there's nothing that makes sense about it. But people are having that experience. I don't know what to make of that.
Speaker 2: I think it makes perfect sense. Here's why humans are the only mammals that have self illuminating cells in our eyes. We have some leftover in our eyes. We have six in each eye, leftover that produce light. And they've now photographed it. They can see it. They go into these super dark rooms and they put in the act can see the illumination coming off our eyes. So let's go back one hundred thousand, two hundred thousand, a million years. It may be just a trait that we lost. We don't know whether Neanderthals had self eliminating eyes, right, we don't have any of their flash. Really, we don't have these little protein cells. When nature there's plenty of bioluminescence in protein cells. It does happen. Look at squid. If bacteria can.
Speaker 1: Do it, so can bigfoot. Damn it.
Speaker 2: That's one of the things I'm not that puzzled over, actually, only because every time I think, oh, that's really a weird thing. But then you read a scientific report about humans producing light out of their eyes, and I'm like, eh, that makes sense too. Maybe picture us, maybe when we had little LEDs. How handy would that be if we could project a dim light out of her eyes in the dark.
Speaker 1: I can tell you it is very freaky to see him. It's one of the weirdest things I've ever seen them all life.
Speaker 2: I saw it one time, but from Afar. I saw a group of individuals with reddish orange chloeing eyes. You can see them blinking and moving around. I had to actually use my binoculars to witnesses, which was like, WHOA very cool, especially when you see them blink. But did I see a family have bigfoots doing it? I think it was. I don't know what else could have done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I would definitely never doubt those stories again ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then the orb thing. Have you ever seen orbs on your property?
Speaker 1: Brian, No orbs never? No, not here I've experienced orbs. I had this thing with orbs. They tend to follow me. I've got tons of photos with me and just family situations in different places with orbs, that kind of weird thing, but never on the property.
Speaker 2: You know, we were at snow and there was no less probably than sixteen scene summer right out the window. One came into the cabin, was seen by one of the guys in the cabin, but everybody saw red orbs but me.
Speaker 1: We've had so many strange light things going on here on the property, but never orbs. We have woken up several times in the house here and the entire outside of the woods area and inside of the house would be illuminated with just bright white light. Then it just goes out as quickly as it started white, like a spotlight from almost just a spotlight from above. Yes, just really strange. The first time we ever experienced it was we were in the hot tub. It's probably four years ago at this point. We had a hot tub off the front of the deck. That's when we first started hearing the vocalizations. We were outside in the hot tub, but the light thing happened. We have two driveways on the property, the driveway that leads directly up to the house that we don't even use. We had this light traveling towards us, like over the back of the house, and it was lighting up the entire area. No sound, no nothing. Then it gets right over the house, right before it would come to where we could possibly see what was making the light happen or the source of the light. It just goes out, it's gone. We've had that multiple times, as recently as probably three months ago. We woke up in the middle of the night. We sleep upstairs in the loft and it's surrounded by windows. It looks like when you look out the windows, like you're sleeping out in the woods.
Speaker 2: So how bright would you say? It is?
Speaker 1: Right, very bright enough to light up the entire area outside of the house. It's almost like daylight inside the house. It's so bright. We wake up and it just goes out. It's gone. There's no sound, there's nothing. It's the weirdest thing.
Speaker 2: I wasn't driving with the event one time we were I saw it. One time we were driving home in a very heavily wooded area, no businesses, no nothing. All of a sudden we saw this big spotlight come from nowhere and light up this tree like daytime. And it lasted a few seconds and then it was gone. WHOA what was that. It's a weird situation.
Speaker 1: If you follow me on Instagram bigfoot bks on Instagram, I have posted an aerial topographical map area of the area around my house, you can see what it looks like. And there's nothing so there's no light source. We have no light pollution out here. Our nearest neighbor is almost a mile away. There's no explanation for this light. It's not a helicopter. They're not searching for a missing person over the house. There's none of that. It's just this weird.
Speaker 2: Well you'd you're a helicopter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, Yeah, I have no idea, man, I have no idea.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: If it's something alien, I don't know if it's something paranormal. It's disconcerting. It's a weird thing. What's happening here? Where's this light coming from? Why does it happen? Multiple times? It's probably happened, I'd say over the last three to four years, probably five times. We've had work.
Speaker 2: I've talked to you. A friend of mine who had that happen. It really scared him and his wife, but it was bright Green. He live in the woods too, but like Chartrue's type, Green just lit it up and freaked them out really bad. Yeah, it's a scary thing, man. I don't know what to make of it. Huh. You don't think it has anything to do with the other topics you're into, do you think? Yeah? I always wonder what seems Bigfoot researchers do have more experiences like that.
Speaker 1: It's something that's come up over and over in conversations over the last couple of years. Somebody asked me recently. I was a guest on another podcast, and they said, do you think if you have some kind of an experience, like a Bigfoot experience or UFO experience or whatever experience in the paranormal realm, are you more likely? Are you marked in a way to have more experiences? My answer was no, I don't think so. I think that would imply that there's some greater force that's at hand and manipulating something to make that person more likely to have those I think it's just as simple as when you open yourself up to those experiences. I've had UFO experiences I've lived in a haunted house. I've had in some cases I think demonic probably some sort of even borderline poultry geist activity in the houses I was in as a kid, I've had bigfoot experiences. All of those things together, I think you're just more open to those experiences. And I think anytime you open up yourself to believe those things and believe your own experiences, you're more likely to be sensitive to those things. But I think it's just as simple, as I've said it many times. I think that UFO experiences I've had as recently as October of last year up in Radium when we had two hours, we watched multiple UFOs while we were out looking for bigfoot. There's nothing bigfoot happening. It was all about UFOs. But the only reason I had those experiences is because I was looking up right. It's the same thing in the wood. You don't find treatment break, so you don't find footprints, or you don't find these other things unless you're looking for it. So I think it's less woo, and I think it's less high strangeness and more of just being.
Speaker 2: Open to it and being outside.
Speaker 1: Now, that doesn't account for the woods lighting up in the middle of the night at three in the morning.
Speaker 3: But do you think it's also you're out in the woods where there's not all this light pollution, that you're gonna notice UFOs, you know, because you actually see them.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I've seen quite a few. You Just sitting out on my deck at night looking up, we see some weird things flying over. I think it makes it easier for you to see that, obviously, than if you're in the middle of New York. It's going to be more difficult to cry.
Speaker 2: Did you ever think, Brian, that your presence is being broadcast out into space? Literally? Think about it? Could Have you ever thought about that your public and your imagine your voice is being broadcast out through satellites and oft into forever it knows.
Speaker 1: I had a lady on the show about about two and a half years ago, maybe two years ago. She was very much into the UFO thing. It was a very odd interview. She had a lot of weird experiences. She claimed to communicate with quite a few alien beings from other galaxies. After the interview ended, we talked like you normally do with your guest. I was a great interview. Thanks so much for coming on. And she was like, I have to tell you. The Plebeians are telling me that they want to start giving you downloads while you sleep at night because they like the work that you're doing. They like your approach to these things. They feel like they can give you knowledge that will help further and advance other people's knowledge. If you're willing to accept those downloads, all you have to do is say I accept it. And of course I said, of course I accept it. Tell them to start download and I'm ready.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: She was like, you may get some downloads, you might get a headache here and there, and those kind of things. And yeah, I'm still waiting on the downloads. I don't know that I've been getting them. Maybe the lights are coming to give me the downloa, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Don't you agree? Our earth that we live on is so magical and so mysterious and just complicated, and yet it's all this amazing harmony too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a fascinating place. People are fascinating, Their experiences are fascinating. That's why I'm open to everything, man. I love to talk to people about all their experiences. I don't just keep it to the flesh and blood camp when it comes to Bigfoot, I love to hear again. Durin's episode's going to air on Friday on Sasquatch Odyssey. She thinks Bigfoot's coming into her house when she's sleeping and she's finding footprints in her carpet. She sent me pictures that look pretty compelling.
Speaker 2: We were talking earlier before we brought you on about plants that can mimic a fake plant. You put a fake plant next to you a real plant, and it'll try to mimic it. Think about a forest, the intelligence it must be in a forest, and you're forty acres that you own. Do you ever feel like you're amongst other intelligence when you walk through the forest. What does a forest judio? And why did you buy that forty acres?
Speaker 1: I wholeheartedly bought this forty acres hoping that there might be some kind of Bigfoot activity on. We always wanted to live in the woods. We wanted to be as self sufficient as possible. We lived off grid for a year and a half on our property. I've talked about that on other shows in the past. That's an entire show. But when you get that close to nature and you remove yourself from all of the other things that normal people deal with every day, electronics, electricity. We had solar, but that was it. But we bought the property hoping that there could possibly be some activity because of the area that we're in. We're surrounded by nothing but woods. Over the years, I've certainly felt at times that you walk around. We talked a little bit about it earlier, having that really ominous feeling, but there's plenty of times it's happened to me recently a couple of times, I think I talked about it on one show when I was a guest. Recently, I've never had this happen before, but I had this really weird horse kind of smell. Horses smell very distinct right If you've ever been around horses, they have a very distinct smell. It smelled like a wet horse slash wet dog smell. Recently, I had this very overwhelming feeling that something was watching me while I was walking the dogs. The dogs were acting a little weird that were running off and sniffing. I still don't know what it was, but I had this feeling that I was in the presence of something greater than I don't think it was a big cat. I don't think it was a bear. We have both of those things on the property. We've seen sign of both of those over the years, but it seemed to be more. I can't prove that it was just a feeling, but that's one of the things I love about walking through the woods here is you do feel that deeper connection to things that maybe you can't see or perceive with your regular senses that seemed to somehow make contact with you. If that makes sense. In other ways and other feelings.
Speaker 2: The term forest bathing, I'm sure have you heard that term. They've done studies now they find it has huge health benefits being in the woods, even for a few minutes a day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like grinding. I mean, I very much believe in grounding walking around barefoot. Danny does that a lot on the property. I'm not at that point. I can't walk barefoot through the woods. I try to do some of that stuff. But I think it's very important to connect with nature. I think it connects you and grounds you literally with your surroundings. There's definitely something to be said about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh, you got to do if you want to prove it to yourself. Take a wire. Run it from your ground wire, run it in and hook it to some flowers you buy at the store that are cut like cut roses. Put the ground wire in there, and then do another vase without the ground wire. The plants with a ground wire will survive like four or five times longer. A lot of people are putting ground wires to their bed.
Speaker 1: I've seen a lot of that recently on social media, people making those posts about being grounded at night.
Speaker 2: I could easily believe that the earth is got to have so much energy. Just because you don't feel it instantly when you touch it, you're not getting jolded, doesn't mean there's not energy there. I have a feeling that the discoveries are just gonna keep coming in to get weirder and weirder sounding. But no, I think that's an important thing.
Speaker 1: I went over a couple of months ago and spoke at a conference over in the United Kingdom. We spent about five days in London before we went out to the country area. We were out in Somerset Bridgewater area for the conference, and I felt it there. That was the longest time in the last five or six years that I've spent in a city around that many people. London is packed with tourists, especially during the summer, there's hundreds of thousands of people. You're crammed packed with people. I felt so off that entire week. Then when I came back, I was only here for four or five days, and I had to go to another speaker engagement. I had to hop on a plane and fly somewhere else. But just being back in the woods for those three or four days and being able to reconnect with nature was huge, And I could feel a huge energy shift from spending time in the city versus being here on the property, removed from all that. It recharges your batteries, is the best way I can describe it as being here in this environment. It's just a refreshing, recharging thing. And there's something to the energy and the vibe of being in the woods versus being in the city. For me.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's shift before we go home. We've got a few more few minutes here. But I wanted to hear about your book. Why you decided to write a book. I know a lot of it has to do with your property. Both suddenly made you go, ahnd when I write a book, what was the motivation?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have thought about writing a book for so many reasons in the past. Most of it has been the journey that I've had through Bigfoot. But I really wanted to write the book because I felt it was important at this time, because I wanted to do something that did two things. I wanted somebody that was just getting into the subject to be able to pick up the book and go, Okay, here's a little bit of everything to do with the Bigfoot phenomenon. Because there's so much to cover, right there's history of Bigfoot. I wanted to tell a little bit about my story because people have been fascinated with that since I started the show. So I start there. I talk a little bit about how my journey in this began. Then I talk about the phenomenon of Sasquatch in general. I talk about Bigfoot and pop culture. We get into some of the hoaxes. I think that's one of the things that's very important to talk about. There have been some giant hoaxes that I think have set back research decades in some cases, So I talk a little bit about that. I talk about some of my journey up to Radium last year and some of the research that I did up there. I get into paradolia, which I think is huge in the community nowadays. If you go into any bigfoot group on Facebook, tons of pictures of sticks and leaves and trees. So I wanted to people to understand a little bit about paradolia. I get into the scientific method. That's not big and sexy and beautiful, but I think it's very important for people to understand what the scientific method is and how we can apply it as citizen scientists going out in the woods and looking for these things.
Speaker 2: I wanted to.
Speaker 1: Talk about where the bodies are. That's some of the things that people like me, I'm skeptical. I've always been skeptical. Skeptics always go to where are the bodies? Why don't we have a body? I talk about that in the book. I write an entire chapter about that. I wanted to dig into my background as a police officer, in my experience in law enforcement and kind of tie that into the research because that's an important part of how I approach the research and this subject in general. So I wrote an entire chapter called can we convict Sasquatch in a Court of law? Meaning can we convict sasquatch? If they were on hypothetical trial for existing. Is there enough evidence to convict them? And I say there is spoiler alert. I think there's there's enough evidence out there to say that Sasquatch exists. So it was important for me to do something. In my opinion, I wanted to write a book that if somebody had never really gotten into the subject that could pick it up and go, oh, that's interesting, maybe they would take it a little bit further and go that direction. Or if somebody had been in the subject for a couple of decades and looking into it, maybe I would approach something a little bit differently than they had thought about it in the past, or maybe a different way that they had looked at it. That's why I wrote a chapter on high strangeness and habituation, skepticism in general, and how important that is. There's a little bit of everything in there for everybody. So whether you've been into it for twenty years, maybe there's something that you haven't looked at the same way, or maybe you haven't thought about it a certain way that it would be in the book. If you're just getting into the subject. It's a breakdown of how it started, how long it's been out there, the history pop culture, how that experience affects the Bigfoot phenomenon in general.
Speaker 2: You have also personal recordings and video and audio in here.
Speaker 1: Yes, the IBT, the interactive book technology that you guys have incorporated at Hanger One is amazing. There's hours of video from my time here on the property Radium, BC, Canada, some of the most beautiful places I've ever been doing research. You get to be on the trail with us while we're doing that at some phenomenal stuff that you can't get anyone else.
Speaker 2: Now, I'll love your cover.
Speaker 3: Whoever did it is incredible art.
Speaker 2: Who in the hell did that? Alex?
Speaker 1: Do you have any idea that book cover? We kind of say it, but thank you all jokes aside. I have said this so many times on my show, and I've said it so many times privately to you guys, but I want to take a second and just say it publicly. Stay tuned for more sasquatch out to see. We'll be right back after the East messages. You guys are the reason that this book happened. If it had not been for you guys and the amazing job that you guys do at Hanger One. You have been a phenomenal You have been a huge support for me in the book and all of your authors. Frankly, you guys are beyond the best in the business as far as I'm concerned. There are tons and tons of books on the Hanger one Publishing website by phenomenal authors like Tom Powell. There's so many. We're actually doing a series right now where we're interviewing tons of authors from the Hanger One Publishing family, and we're going to do an entire series on Sasquatch Outs. So that's coming for you guys, And there's some phenomenal people, some amazing books.
Speaker 2: But Alex and.
Speaker 1: Doug and Blaine, you guys do a phenomenal job with everything.
Speaker 2: We've had a very symbiotic relationship, which has been cool. Been great working with you.
Speaker 4: Brian.
Speaker 2: It's just weird when you're here on our show. It just feels like we could just bullshit all night, man, all night. We need to bullshit more. We used to do a lot more of that back when we first started talking and years ago. Oh, we need to get back to some of that just calling and just shoot the crap. I definitely agree. I really enjoy Yeah, you've always got so many cool stories. What is your best besides getting this book? And what I love about it is, like you said, it's the whole gamut, and it's really good for somebody who just losting it to the truth and do it in a way where it's not going to bore the hell out of you. But your podcast is very successful because you've just been at it for so long and you have so many great witnesses. Is there one story that almost gives you shivers? Thinking about it? Is like hard to get out of your brain when you see a good movie and it's powerful and it's hard to shake it off afterwards. Do you have one story that you can remember that it's just it's hard to shake off? Are they all that way?
Speaker 1: I think every single one in their own way is very much like that. But there's one that always comes back to me is Dan who was hunting moose or elk and this happened?
Speaker 2: Probably? Okay, stop? Do you have an episode number that people can listen to it after?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to google it while I'm talking.
Speaker 2: Tell you what? Can you send it to Alex tomorrow? We'll put it in the show in tomorrow. I definitely will yeah, I check out this episode.
Speaker 1: Yes, but in a nutshell, Basically, Dan and his dad were out on a fourteen day moose or el khunt. I think they might have had tags for both. Long story short, he's out in the woods. His dad goes to a different area. He goes to another area and he's hunting and he hears wood knocks and he was very interested in the wood KNOCKX Right, that's a weird thing. He's never heard that before in the woods. So he goes towards where these wood knocks are coming from. And every time he goes a little bit, he stops like he's not making any forward progress. The woodknocks happened again, so it continues forward. He keeps going. This goes on. His episode's one of the longest on Sasquatch outess. It's probably an hour and a half or so because he goes through everything and find minute detail. That was a very calculated thing for him. That was his plan because he had old parts of the story to his wife, his dad, and he went on another podcast a couple of years before he came on my show, but he had never told.
Speaker 2: The entire story all the way through. So he does that on my show.
Speaker 1: So he's very detailed, but long story short, he ends up coming twenty feet or so away from this huge sasquatch that steps out from behind this tree. He gets away, he backs out. He's got a high powered rifle. This guy could have took a shot at this thing, but he chose not to because he said, there's no way that I could have affected this thing with my rifle. That would have taken down a moose.
Speaker 2: Mind you.
Speaker 1: He goes back. He didn't tell his dad, and he allowed his dad to go out. For the next eleven days. He would sit in his truck every single day and let his dad go out by himself in the woods. It really aided him to the point where he abused alcohol. He went down a very dark path and it took a lot of counseling for him to get on the other side of this. The thing that stuck out to me the most about that is he said to me, I felt so stupid. Brian, Again, this is subjective. He has no way to prove this, but he felt like this thing was luring him in with the wood knocks to do something to fairess because every time he would stop his progression it would knock again to get him to come forward and eventually got him in the position that he wanted to be. And he said, I think the only thing that saved me is I think this thing was smart enough to know I did have a very high powered rifle and I wasn't going to be easy prey. So that has really stuck with me for a couple of reasons. I've never heard anybody tell me that they thought they were being lured in by one of these things with wood knocks, and the fact of how it affected him so negatively full disclosure. When you were looking for somebody for LMS two, he was one of the people that I suggested that you might have involved for some of the things you were doing for LMS two. He wanted no part of it because he said to me, I just want to come on. I trust you, I've listened to your show. I love the way you treat people. I'm going to tell you my story one time, through and through. I want to ge all the details out there, and I am done with this. I don't want anything to do with the Bigfoot anymore. I want to forget about this. I don't want to have anything to do with it, and that was very profound for me because he didn't have a dog in this fight.
Speaker 2: It really aided.
Speaker 1: Him that a he thought he was being lured in, and then the fact that he didn't tell his dad because he was afraid he was going to ridicule him. He felt like he had sent his dad into harm's way because this thing was still out there, and it really aided him.
Speaker 2: That's really stuck.
Speaker 1: With me over the last I think that was about a year ago when that episode came out.
Speaker 2: What I do with your show, Brian is I wait a little while till there's maybe five or six episodes, then I binge amine, there you go. That's a good way to do it. I love that because it seems for me when I hear him back to back, it's almost like I want to be convinced all the time that they're real, even though I know they are. I've seen him, I haven't seen the face yet. I haven't had of that frontal stare at each other. That has not happened. I think until that moment happens, still keep that skepticism. Being skeptical is healthy.
Speaker 1: I think healthy skepticism, even if your own experiences, is important. I've always been very open and transparent about that on the show. I think that's one of the things that has resonated with my listeners for so many years is the fact that I don't drink the Bigfoot kool aid.
Speaker 2: I'm not all about it.
Speaker 1: I do question things when it doesn't make sense, and I'm very respectful to the people that come on my show. Anybody who listens to the show knows that it's all about the people that come on. It's all about the experiences. I never mistreat anybody. Everybody's experience is unique, and everybody's experience is their own. I think they all deserve to be told.
Speaker 2: That's what Sasquatch Odyssey is all about. Very cool. If you don't listen to his show, you should. It's pretty amazing. It's pretty amazing. Thank you Brian for coming on and running over, and thanks Alex for all you do. Here's some kind of wisdom for Bigfoot witnesses. It might be foolish to reject not what you think, and it might be wiser to reject what you think and not what you have seen. Wise words, my friend wild. Bottom line is you gotta believe your own eyes. You really do thanks, good night. They say you.
Speaker 4: Don't gotta go home, but you can't stay. I don't want to be a world happened Jod, this job, Chid, everything by bags for Joy, for me Joy, Stay right, you come in right away, steps still stay stills as bass stake places states, as fast USTs pass