Speaker 1: All right, what are we all right? Down in the back of her paper, here I wrote being late.
Speaker 2: I wrote forgetting to lock the door.
Speaker 1: I wrote down danger.
Speaker 3: With etic with ill show you're gone bruin in get except with simps to be pursuing it.
Speaker 2: I hold out shaw shank through the sewer. Dude, Now what chilling?
Speaker 3: I think, Eagle, Yeah, we're doing it. Three your clock on the dock. Got a habit for my house a go. That is how it started, Kitting Crattit shows that enough multiplied like a rabbit.
Speaker 2: Tune in, so out, creak it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 1: I'm won hang out with my friend rocking on the radio, my biskin in his talking on the radio.
Speaker 2: It's time to due just fas again.
Speaker 1: All Kati to Estein.
Speaker 4: Radio.
Speaker 1: Ah yeah, Hello and welcome. This is the world famous Ben and Skin Show, come with to you on a hump day. Thank you for making us a part of your daily routine. I am Ben Rogers, joined by my close personal homie since nineteen eighty two from Richardson, Texas, Jeff skin Wave. Good day, Might Skin yesterday a tough day for you personally struggling with chronic back pain. I still am. I think it's worse today than yesterday. We were at a construction site and you were trying to dip beneath a crane or something the lasers and you were she dips beneath the lasers, Catherine Zada Jones, but you, as you were, you decided to. We were kind of walking a plank because we were walking in a real muddy area, so we were stepping on boards to protect us from the mud. And you walked under a giant iron crane and you had to like do the limbo with your bad back because it's so low to get to where we were going, and so you crouched down. But then you decided to do a one to eighty while you were talking and telling a story to people behind you. And I'll be damned if you didn't smash your skull on that iron. I was worried about you. You were checking your head for blood. I'm so glad you didn't pass out. But to your credit, you were a trooper. You fought through it and just kept going. I never even saw the crane. I didn't know it was there. We were on our Rollertown Beer Works construction site, which is a brewery there've been and Iron invested and up in there in Salina, Texas legally. And what happens is is after anytime we've been there, we've been wearing construction helmets. Well that's because it's an active construction site. But we were there at the end of the day after everyone had left, so at that point it's not an active construction site, so we were not wearing construction helmets. So we had some gentlemen there that were interested in being a part of it, and Ben and his brother were walking in front of us, and we're leaving the whole. I don't know how much time you guys have spent on construction sites, but it's usually a big, giant, muddy mess. Christina goes there sometimes just to hang out. I thought you guys were hanging out there so you can just cat call women. Yeah, I like to wear the construction gear and then whistle it old ladies who walk by.
Speaker 2: Move that dang woo looking good girl. Yeah, my wrench is ready, hand me my lunch box.
Speaker 1: So uh So, anyway, so Jonathan and Ben are walking in front of me, and I'm in the middle, and our two new friends are walking behind us, and I'm telling the story of our badass brewer Tommy. And so I thought in my head I was getting ready to kind of just kind of lean underneath this basically scaffolding, and I'm you know, when you're telling a story, you look at the person. So I'm walking forward and I'm turning back behind myself to tell the story, and man, my head, I'd hit this is basically I think they call this thing a cherry picker. It's basically one of those buckets that's on a crane. I used to them to film football games. Yeah, and so imagine the size of the arm that holds that up in the air. Huge. And I smashed my head in that. It's one of those things where you hear everything and then suddenly everything goes.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, can you see the cartoon birds around your head?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And the guy that we were with, one of the guys that we were with was a doctor actually in O R scrubs already, and so then my next memory is him holding marm going, hey, man, are you okay? I mean, I hit that thing.
Speaker 2: That's scary.
Speaker 1: And I'd already been taking advil every four hours because my back doesn't work. So just now I'm like, when you take the advil, I don't know if you guys know that you have to tell the advil which part of your body to go help. So I told the advil, hey, man, now go take care of my head. So the advil stopped taking care of my back. So now my back hurts worse today than it hurt yesterday. Man, that was me, dude. You uh, you fought through admirably though. Thanks. Are you feeling okay today? Yeah, the head's fine, Okay, it's the back is back. Oh my god, the back. Yeah. And you said you were gonna do a lot of headboard shopping this week just because of all the work you put in.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh, because I broke down our headboard so I could move it out of the bedroom for esthetic reasons. Also joining us today the Pride and Joy of Only Kevin K. T. Turner. Good Afternoon, Metroplex Big Show this Wednesday. Also joining us for.
Speaker 2: The KGL Studios I Like.
Speaker 1: That from Oatmeal Pizza, the popular local Nirvana cover band, Christina k Ray Little Baby corn Bread Ray.
Speaker 2: Hey, guys, what's the baker? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you have you ever been to a construction site?
Speaker 5: I've I mean I've been to a construction site, but I can't tell you, Like, what do you stop?
Speaker 1: Is it true that there's just nothing but cat calls? Or was it pretty normal?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: But like if you don't mean you've been to a construction you walk.
Speaker 5: Down New York City. The whole thing is a construction that's true. That's true.
Speaker 1: Now hold on, let me just say you've walked around the construction site.
Speaker 2: I'm definitely no.
Speaker 5: Okay, So my dad actually we built this giant building in our backyard growing up because it was going to be our new garage.
Speaker 1: Okay, that was a construction site I was on technically, Okay, but the how old were you?
Speaker 2: I don't know, like eleven or twelve?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would have been bad. Yeah, that's what we're talking about. Yeah, that would have been like a well, I mean yeah, yeah, I can't say it. But okay, if skin if you were walking by a gay construction site where everyone working there with a gay man, yep, would you be insulted if they didn't? Can't call you? Oh my god? Yes?
Speaker 2: Right, I mean, you're not liking what you see here. I'm poking it out.
Speaker 1: KT. I want to ask you, guys, I ask you a question oaking it out talking about my ass. I saw something that caught my sports attention and I wanted to ask you guys about it. Okay, I saw the Rangers last night. May what a game. I watched that thing for all nine inning. Jack Leider just didn't have it. It's all right, we'll snap Bay Kansas City's offense, though, Bro. You know what I'm saying, Bobby Witt. Yeah, I am getting more and more excited as we get closer and closer to Cowboys season, and I'm going to go through that point. You know, Craig Miller had that the book about the Cowboys. The idea, you know, sold zero copies. It sold zero copies. It was never made, but it's the idea that fall for it every year. You know, you're not going to fall for the banana and the tailpipe every year. I think the Cowboys are an absolute disaster. Jerry Jones is ruining them. They don't prioritize winning, the only prioritize making money, and they're going to be terrible. And then as you get closer and closer to the season, I start playing in a parade route thinking that they're going to go to the Super Bowl. Ye, so right now I'm ramping up towards that, and it just I was just reminded that they have George Pickens, and this is going to be such a fascinating experience. A combustible, des Bryant like, emotional, exciting wide receiver who you know, could be a number one in an offense in the NFL. But they you know, the Cowboys already have a number one. So they've got an incredible receiver tandem and so and that tight end that you just keep pastering. I saw the over unders for him for the twenty twenty five season, and I just wanted to pick your brains, all right, pick on pickings. The over under for receiving yards nine hundred yards over nine hundred point five yards over now over and the touchdowns is four point five over. Last year he had nine hundred yards over and three touchdowns over now he didn't. He had a bunch of crap quarterbacks. Kat was playing quarterback. Did you guys see the story, I don't know if it's true or not about the GMS. Would you take your quarterback or dak over the next four years? Did you guys see that?
Speaker 6: Not?
Speaker 1: So again, it could be just internet crap. I like this, but it said something to the effect of twenty seven GMS said they would take dak over their current quarterback just for the course of the next four years. Twenty seven Obviously the ones that's ridiculous because Burrow, Mahomes, Alan Lamar Jackson. I think those were the four on the list, all right, out of names, Hey and the big the one the post I saw is so basically, what's the guy's name? Howie and Philadelphia said he would take dak over Hurts. I doubt it, Okay, but the last time he played his hamstring was totally detached from the bone and his leg right, Yeah, it's just the idea that it would be for the next four years Sam's salary. Just hey man, this is your quarterback for the Jaden Daniels. Oh my god, right, moving on down the road. Yeah, yeah, but that's telling if it's true. It could just be something on the internet. It could be something. It could have been a byproduct of the whole Tucker Ted cruise thing. All right, we're off and running coming up next, We're you gonna take us in things? Skin is tracking? Why was Dallas traffic shut down yesterday? All right, before we get there, I want to say thank you to prosper for now. We're gonna get into what Skin's tracking in just over three minutes, So don't go anywhere but juicy news. HOI God, every.
Speaker 2: Stay on the top in the woods.
Speaker 1: Shove him.
Speaker 2: Shut in a second.
Speaker 1: Gonna tell you about something awesome our friends up at COSM have going on. But first, John c Riley was in the new music video that Jack White released yesterday for Archbishop Harold Holmes. Oh, he put a video out for that, put a video for It's great because he's been out on the radio. And Jack White claims it was John c Riley's idea, like he came to him as like, I want to do this, and I think it's a way to pay him back because in the movie Walk Hard that you guys probably been probably saw. I've some parts of it. I've seen some parts of it. I probably it's it's worth It's fine. It didn't grab me, it's fine, there's some great parts. Jack White played the role of Elvis and it went like this, Uh on the station.
Speaker 2: Thank Elvis Pressley. You didn't have to ride them up like that? What now, no, excuse me? What I'm just saying, we gotta follow that. Well, sometimes you have.
Speaker 1: To go all out when you're the king and you can't help it. You know why not?
Speaker 7: God looked down all the millions and millions and millions of people, man, and he decided which one was the best, and it was me.
Speaker 2: There's two things you need to know, Pum the king, and number two.
Speaker 7: Is look out, man, looking at you coming after you see that. It's called Carlock man. Only two kinds of people know, the Chinese and the King. One of them is me here the king. All the Memphis, I want on a little honey in a little bit of juvenil world. Uhh, we'll come on saying on that now walking around.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm along game. Sorry man, Well thanks the Alvis on what is he talking about?
Speaker 2: I don't remember him being Elvis like I remember that scene pretty great.
Speaker 1: What I was about to say is there's hundreds of people on the planet that do a great Elvis and Jack White's not one of them. It was fine when you seem it kind of kind of looked like him a little bit. It was good. Watch the movie. It's fun.
Speaker 2: But Paul Rudd, Jack Black, what's not the like movie's great.
Speaker 1: No, I've been told, you know, hey, if you love music history, it's something that you'll find a bunch of funny stuff. And I feel like we need to have a watch this movie summit where we all have movies that we want each other to watch. We're gonna have to negotiate at the table. We're gonna have to say, look, i'll watch this if you watch this, Oh I like that. And then if you can't do a full on on air book report in the movie and you didn't watch or pass a test on the movie, you have to have some sort of a bet payoffs. The trust has been broken. Well, if you break the trust and fail the test, you have to well, the trust is broken. Five years ago, I would say it started giving fake reviews when we didn't watch movies, the Oscar movies, and he came on the air and acted like you saw what he and his reviews, having not seen them, were better than our reviews for having watched. I was gonna say, I do think that's probably my greatest broadcasting moment ever. I did a twelve minute review of a movie I hadn't seen, and none of you thought I hadn't sad it up. You would sell your soul for one segment to break the trust of a bond that's been together for over twelve years.
Speaker 8: You know what.
Speaker 1: But I feel like in that situation I gained your trust as a broadcast. Looking back at it, the segment wasn't that good. Yeah, nor was the idea, Nor was the idea for the group of segments. It was just filling time. I do love the idea. I love Ben's idea though, of we each go one on one with each other and we broke her a movie deal. Yeah, that's fun. Okay. I love the negotiation aspect of it. And you have three to one vote. You have to pass a test on the movie. If you don't pass it on air test, there has to be some sort of a bet. Pal. You have to read Donald try Rump's The Art of the Deal, and you have to live anyway. You have to live tweet the book. Yeah, you have to live tweet reading Donald Trump's The Art of I have to read it again. Yeah, what else is in this segment, Kevin O. My friends up at COSM are doing something cool. You know. Obviously they show a lot of sports events up there at Grandscape this summer. They are going to show The Matrix. We'll be playing now through August twenty ninth at Cosm. Get the good food and you can see The Matrix, which I never saw. It was probably pretty crazy. You never saw The Matrix. I was eleven. You Yeah, that's fair. Oh man, I think it's a great movie too. And so, man, seeing a movie in that at Cosm has got to be surreal. You know, obviously watching sports there is one of the coolest things. It's a bucket list thing. Unreal, you have to do it. It's hard to even really explain to somebody what it is. But man, the Matrix is a perfect movie to show there because I'm sure they can like fill up the surrounding space with you know, that green digital code and all that stuff. I bet that's incredible. What scares me about it is with that particular movie, what if you actually because I think COSM would be the place that might suck you into the Matrix. Oh, like, there's a chance you go see that movie and you're never heard from again because you're taking the which pill that you decided to take? Yes, right, yeah, the red pill or the blue pill. I can't remember what was that actor's name, who's holding out the pills fishburn, Yes, Laurence, is that his greatest role?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Being on Pewee's Playhouse? I think it is? Uh, what about Apocalypse? Now? Yeah, he was good, but it was a small role. He was just on that boat.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 1: It was just cool that he was a teenager in the Pockers now right right right? It may be, man, it may be. I mean it's that's a really incredible movie, and I swear I'm gonna find the time to do it. But there's an article about a guy recently that asked AI if the simulation theory from the matrix is real, and it drove him and he went down wormhole and became insane. Oh it's in the New York Times. I'm dying. Maybe I'll do a book report on that. Do you have the balls to enter that into your AI doing this commercial break? Okay, let's see what happened. All right, we're not even taking a commercial break, which is gonna play one song. We'll be back in just about three minutes. Ben and Skin Show ninety some point one, the Egle. We'd love giving tickets away, and we got tickets to Pantera. They're gonna be at Dose Eki's coming up here in a couple months. We've got tickets to give away, but we use the iHeart app, the free app, there's a talkback feature. The first person to leave their name, their phone number, and their email address and can tell us the place where I sustained a massive head injury last night. We were telling the story at the beginning of the show, I banged my head. Where were we when it happened? We told the story. If you were listening, you know, and you can win those Pantera tickets. But right now it's time for this, It's time to go into the schedule Worbut we're actually going back eleven years this time. One of our favorite guests on the show of all these years was legendary college football coach Mike Leach, who passed away a couple of years ago. Mike Leach not only was one of the quirkiest head coaches in college football, he wrote some books on the side. One was called Swinging My Sword, which is not about his penis, is kind of about pirates. But he also wrote a book about Geronimo, Yes, the legend Geronimo. This made me so happy. It's like a straight up Filibustering. It's a wonderful It's a wonderful book, Groanamo Leadership Strategies of an American Warrior. I would like for you guys to read that. You know, ten years ago. I read it when we had him on you know this the press kid, but you guys never got to It's on my bookshelf.
Speaker 2: Did you read the Pirate Book? Because I'm interested.
Speaker 1: I didn't get to that one, but we didn't have him on the press tour for that, but I would have. Okay, it's great. You learned so much about the three types of moccasins. And uh, this is not a lie. I know, I know, I've heard that twenty fourteen raving Mike Lee John and then he went off into this how do you fix a Moxican a moccasin when you're out there in Roman in the pre duct tape era.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I'll tell you they kind of had their verse a duck tape, but they well, they had I guess you'd say, three major types of moccasins. They even had a type that had the front toe turned up. Later in the interview, you have to run ten miles up and down hills across the desert and at the end of the run spit.
Speaker 1: Out the mouthful of water.
Speaker 4: A little bit later Geronimo's History and slive.
Speaker 1: Well, Mike, thanks for the time man. We will all be checking out your book on Geronimo. We love the fact that we got to talk to you today. Thanks for the time it We'll catch up with you later.
Speaker 4: Man, Well, great talking to you anytime. It's always good to hear from you. Guys.
Speaker 1: All right, take care of Mike. There he goes Mike Leach, the head football coach at Washington State, with information on his new book about Geronimo coming up next. Man, John Daniels, I feel like the whole time I was asking my mom if we could leave the museum Daniels think about Mike Leach's new book on Okay, that was good, you know, in twelve minutes or so. And I would say total amount of time that you guys talked in that interview was about two minutes or last last Maybe I was doing a lot of fist pumping though. I was so happy that was on the fan. It's like he was running four corners. I know, how can I run out the clock here? That was amazing And he went into detail about the three types of moccasins.
Speaker 4: He is.
Speaker 1: He is used to pontificating that's his whole game, his whole game. There's so many articles from the day about his players, and is this kind of happened after he died, just about how weird the film watching meetings would be. And you think you're getting some real hard hitting, you know, analysis and listen how we fix our quarterback and he's like, just throw it to the guy that's open. That's a coaching I need right there. You look right here, there's a guy open right here in the flat, and you throw it to him there. And we have to say this story where he put the kid in the shed, Craig James's son, He put him in the shed, which I was supported. He was having concussion setbacks, so he was having some concussion problems. We learned over the years that the reason this happened is because Craig James is kind of being a helicopter parent trying to get his kids some more playing time. Version of the story I'll show you go to the shed, which you know not really would not be okay now, but but in you know, twenty twelve or whenever, that was happening. It depends on the comfort level of the shed. They had Mike Leach and Bobby Knight at the same time at Texas Tech and then somehow let Tuberville come in and ruin everything. And dude, does guys have the same cadence when they talk. Yeah, Like if you listen to the leech Night cadence, it's very similar.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I find Mike Leach to be more likable than Bobby Knight by far. God. Yes. And he was so approachable. He was so great to us. We could call him about anything here, We could get right to him, we didn't have to go to a pr person. And he would jump on our show every time we asked. And I can't think of a single person in the world that's not more likable than Bobby Knight. Like he's the least likable a hole in the history of existence. He and that was his like thing, right, I mean, my butt's gonna be up, so kiss my ass.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was.
Speaker 1: He was a jerk to every single person, no matter what, because he felt like he had earned the right to be. That was an iconic chair throw though it was. I saw an old lady over there and she said coach night. I want to have a seat, so I threw my chair over at her. That's Bob Ny. There's a little John Waite in there. Bill Grum all right. Coming up next. A judge criticizes a man for wearing this T shirt in court. What was the dude wearing we'll discuss next in a second wild story about what a judge told this guy who was in court with a funny T shirt on. But there's also a story that I have to get to involving Look, it's not as serious as as it's gonna sound when I say it, but it's a little serious. An ice protester got shot the other day, and listen to what he said about it.
Speaker 6: I was on my bike, I had just gotten off, and I was getting a water bottle from a backpack. And then they started pushing forward. And then they started shouting I'll move back, but I'm still like fixing myself up my backpack. And then they just pushed me just instinct just until a cop like, don't don't push me. I'm already moving back, and then the cop right next to him had a gun and aimed and shot. He was like what like two three feet away. After I got hit. I couldn't really walk. I was just like too much in shock. And then they're still pushing me and I needed this is it down for a bit, but they just they just kept pushing. Right now, I'm at home. The injury was sustained to my my growing. I have a bruise left testicle and my right testicle was actually shattered. He said that they somewhat fixed it, so it should have some function, but it's still very badly damaged.
Speaker 1: Oh man, dude, it's awful that rational Bill has lost I was saying.
Speaker 2: He sounded like rational Bill.
Speaker 1: I don't love the idea of the medical news being we somewhat fixed it, right, Yeah, it feels vague. Okay, so the left one bruised, but the right one shattered. He buried the lead. Why not lead would shatter in in a bruise. Oh, so they shot him with like pellets or yeah? Was he like standing in front of cars and that type of thing?
Speaker 8: Hard?
Speaker 1: No, I mean, you guys saw the live footage of the reporter getting shot with a rubber bullet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the allion chick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, the officer just turned and I mean you can see him in the background. He just turned and fired on her. And she's wearing a vest that says reporter. It's clear she's not protesting, she's doing a report and the guy just turned and fired at her. It's insane, crazy right now, dude. The thing that scares me the most is when people try to stop traffic. Yeah, I worry for their safety me too, because you know, I see I seem to see these clips like every day if people getting run over, like they're trying to they're stand in front of a car and the car is like I'm going, I'm going, and they're still getting in front of the car, right, they just get rolled up. I'm like, that's a dangerous place to protest.
Speaker 9: It sure is.
Speaker 1: But I've also seen clips of skateboard dudes just standing in front of the car because they're like, I'm skateboarding, oh just blocking Yeah, dude, along these lines, it's not a protest. But the dumbest thing is when you see people take over an intersection and start doing donuts. Yeah. It seems like every time somebody gets sideswiped and launched, yes, like and then they.
Speaker 2: Just hop back up.
Speaker 1: It's brutal, but that's nasty. Yeah, tough, tough day for that guy. Let's go to court, very tough day, tough day for rational bill there, real quick, before I move on, I do want to hear his diagnosis there at the end one more time. We have time for that, because that is kind of strange.
Speaker 6: Testicle and my right testicle was actually shattered. They said that they somewhat fixed it, so it should have some function, but it's still very badly damaged.
Speaker 1: On one hand, it's going to explode perfectly as designed. On the other hand, it will work coming in.
Speaker 2: We somewhat fixed it. Man, you know, good luck.
Speaker 1: So let's go to court here. This is in Beaumont. You know, they're trying to get a lot of people through the system. So you have the judge up there and then you have to find out if they have a lawyer or not. And this guy just was wearing a T shirt and jeans, and the judges miked up. And here's what she said to him because he was wearing a funny T shirt.
Speaker 2: Sammy Morris.
Speaker 1: Walking up edited out Kevin, good morning.
Speaker 2: Sir, What makes you think that was a good shirt to wear to court?
Speaker 6: This that's all you could find.
Speaker 9: This the only shirt you had in your closet world's best part.
Speaker 1: There's more, but wow, I don't have a problem with this. Why do you have to dress up to go to court? You got to respect for your I mean, like the judge. Well, I mean it's kind of you're kind of going before a king and they get to decide what they're going to do to you. So if you come with some disrespect, you're likely not to have it go your way.
Speaker 2: Anything.
Speaker 1: You should have lounge clothes. You guys have been to jury duty in court and all that stuff. It's just a waste of everyone's time. Yeah, it's like you should have comfortable clothes. Maybe wants to have a statement T shirt like.
Speaker 9: This World's best farter. That's great, No, it says I can read it. I see what it says at the bottom. You're a fell any court. You need to dress up perfectly to fell any court.
Speaker 2: And that's not appropriate. You get someone hired, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I'd say, If she's already telling him that he's a fellon, it might be appropriate. He's cooked anyways. Yeah, and what he was in for that was for farting on someone. Assault brother. It's like the time Roy White where a tight butthole share to the Rangers. John Blake love What is that? All right? So we wanted to be a loose speaking of sports. A major sports crisis in Dallas Fort Worth that involves almost every team here. That's coming up in just over three minutes. That's next in sports, Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one, the Eagle coming up at the bottom of the hour.
Speaker 2: What's going on in Dallas?
Speaker 4: What worse? You know?
Speaker 1: What is going on all over the Metroplex is the greatness of Twisted Routburger Company, and they're the sponsor of around the Sports. They have a whole build your own burger thing right now that is spectacular and with all their locations around the Metroplex, we want you to know that if you go in there and you mentioned the Ben and Skin Show, you get ten percent off. We love that. There's several locations around the Metroplex. We've talked about it, Carrollton, Cupell, Deep Elm, East Plano, Bedford, Arlington, Mansfield, on and on. But they have crazy delicious burgers. They have a build your own burger menu. It's a reverent, fun it's a great place. Awesome beer as well. Burgers and beer you can't beat it at a twisted root Burger company again mentioned benin skin to get ten percent off. But right now it's time for this. Now it is around the sports. KTD Queens has all the sports. Yeah is that coming here today with with not great news?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Oh, I think that a lot of our local teams, and I'll say all of them have a crisis on their hands right now. Okay, Now, if y'all want to guess at what that might be, or if there's something that's bothering you in your sports world about it, that's fine, But just keep in mind it's got to be unique to pretty much all of our teams. Ticket prices. It's not ticket prices that's interesting though. Oh that's good parking. I think parking is a problem that a lot of a lot of places. But that's not the thing that I'm worried about. When are we going to get some pitching in here? Officiating? We got some pitcheon in up.
Speaker 5: Officiating is good. I mean, the Stars have no head coach. I don't know if we could have a head coach issue. The coach is shoe Okay, I definitely fair. Yeah, Stars don't have one. Whatever you think about Jason Kidd bochee, is it time to go ahead and just go hang out with your grandkids.
Speaker 1: I love Shoddy, Shoddy loves ping pong yeap, oh my god, and paintball. Dude. Carlisle would shake his ass in ping pong. I've never the amount of questions that are asked to Shottenheimer that have never been asked to any other NFL head coach, ever, is astounding. Guys. The Mascot Hall of Fame OH has welcomed five new members this week, and as I browsed through the mascot Hall of Fame, I saw zero DFW representation. We don't have good ones. The Cowboys are the king of the castle, right and they have Rowdy, who sucks. He may be the worst mascot in all of sports. But hold on, I don't know how old this Hall of Fame is. There's a chance there's a crazy Ray bust in there. Five Well crazy. He wasn't an official team mascot. He was just like Carolyn Price, you watch your mouth. It's like Zonk in there, mascot. He's just a super passionate fan. I think Zonk is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I have our college teams are guilty here as well. We Mustang. I like the Mustang.
Speaker 2: I like the Champ Mass. Yes, you like Champ maps mascot. Champ the horse, right.
Speaker 1: I think the Rangers did the same thing with the horse. So it's like one of you is guilty. MAVs Man is the best Mass mascot. Yeah. Think about how many Spidery Spider Man movies there are. I mean, that's an honor to him. This is not this is not good in the NFL. Well, first of all, let me tell you who got in. Okay, okay, we put two from the NFL in lits from the Seahawks, let's go, and then that bird, he's gonna cool. And then Toro, the Houston Texans mascot got in. In the NFL. They also have the Kansas City Wolf. Oh, Jackson Deville, who is He lays it on the line, he like comes in like Tom Cruise. He's great. He taunts the other team. He's a perfect mascot. And the Colts mascot it's just a little Colt. It's pretty basic, but he's in. Does the Kansas City Wolf where like a Native American headdress used to Okay, back in the day. When I think of the old time greats, I think of the San Diego Chicken Man's in. It's incredible, and obviously the h When you represent the life energy that is the sun, the center of our universe, a gorilla perfectly represents that. So the Phoenix gorilla is incredible.
Speaker 4: What about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Nipple Band, it's incredible. I don't love that the gorilla is in, but because it's I just makes sense. Well, he also clanked one in the Dunk Mascot dunk contest years ago. Like, dude, you're supposed to be a bad ass and you get like a little bit of a free pass to not be your team's mass actual mascot. But then I also like give the coyote from San Antonio a free pass. So I'm the guy now that that coyote sucks. Morgana is in the Ascot Hall of Fame, which Morgana the Kissing Band move along with the huge jugs. She would just show up and run out at the pitcher's mouth just back and before that's right, kiss It was crazy back before it was a different time, Like you know, in terms of people's concerns about security, like it's still insane that Henry Aaron hit his record tying home run and suddenly Craig Sager was running next to him, which is the weirdest story of old time. And then he went on to have a whole sports career after that. That's nuts. But morgana used to run out onto the field and start humping handsome third baseman like I think one time George Brett had sex with her on the field, right there at third base. It's really amazing. The best is the way Biggern would deal with that where he kind of takes the kiss and then he kind of ushers them on their way, but as he's showing them the way out, he's grabbing the side. This is a good crisis, Kat, You're right, that's good.
Speaker 2: Replace all right?
Speaker 1: Coming up next, what's going on in Dallas? A DFW radio host gets six years in prison? Was it one of us?
Speaker 2: We'll discuss next what's going on in Dallas.
Speaker 1: If there's anything that could take us out of the running of being a top ten city, it would be and granted this is on you for worth, it would be this story. A former DFW radio host is now been sentenced to six years in prison this week for violating his probation bad ratings probation. It was not for bad ratings. There's something way worse than that. Now, his probation, I would contend, should have always been prison, but he avoided that and then violated his probation. We were talking about former longtime radio host for fort Worth's ninety five to nine, The Ranch, justin Frazelle. I've questioned, Yeah, is that the radio station that's right there on Sundance Square. Yeah, Oh cool.
Speaker 2: This dude was a big deal.
Speaker 1: He was a big deal. He had a big following. He pled guilty in twenty twenty two to sexually assaulting a girl in his Mansfield home. Oh my god, wel guilty. I mean I remember when we did this story back in twenty one or twenty two. Basically she was sleeping over partying. He provided alcohol to her.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: Story's kind of kind of crazy, but yeah, the details of it are we don't have to talk about it. And it was like a family friend, wasn't it.
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: Just bad creepy, ugh, so bad. So he then because he played guilty to it, probably to not have to go to jail. You plead guilty, right, make the deal there plea burgained, you go undergo sex offender treatment blah blah blah. But he did not complete the treatment and then was discharged from the program and now he has to go to jail for six years. Oh how is he discharged from the program without completing the treatment? Seems like someone else is complicit in all this. Well, maybe you don't show up to it. It's probably not online. I would imagine that. Yeah, but they're not going to discharge you from the program if you know show there.
Speaker 5: They're like assuming that he just quit the program and they alerted the authorities that he didn't finish it.
Speaker 2: It's not like they're letting him off for free.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess I was hot on the word discharge. Yeah yeah, bad deal there. Look, there's a WFA, there's plenty other sources. If you want to find the details of what happened three or four years ago, you can go find it. I don't think we have time to do that here. I do want to talk about this Netflix house situation going on coming up in.
Speaker 5: The fall.
Speaker 2: The gallery is.
Speaker 1: Getting well, I'm going to call an experiment because I don't know that this is going to work. And it's one of three or four cities getting in this. I know we've talked about this in the past, Yeah, but it's it got more headlines over the last week because we actually have a launch date on this thing.
Speaker 2: It's permanent though.
Speaker 1: A new entertainment spot in the mall at the Gallery called one of the top ten malls in America, the Netflix House. Yeah, the number three mall in America according to USA Today. So they're going to have some things called squid Game Survived, the Traials, the Trials, Trails, Dyslicks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's trials.
Speaker 1: It's trials.
Speaker 8: It is.
Speaker 1: Stranger Things, Escape the Dark, and immersive experience where fans can visit the city of Hawkins to find missing townspeople. Wait, they're having a hut. They're gonna have a huge are they like taking over a Dillard So like it sounds huge. Polly room in the mall right now, probaly Ally's stores that are flaming out, I imagine there's room. Can you also get some nicely priced casual wear while you're there? It doesn't say that, but but think about what you're talking about, those immersive experiences. I would think those would take some significant square footage to pull off. We're not talking about a foot locker size store. You're talking about something pretty big. Yeah, I think it would be. It'd be huge. And you know how big is maw Wolf Hunt. It's pretty big. I mean that's like a giant thing that was built inside a mall.
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, so this would be similar, but this would have to have two separate experiences, right, So it'd.
Speaker 1: Be like so a game area with physical challenge story rooms in retro style competitions. This is smart of the mall to do because you need to have anybody there that's going to drive traffic and create a buzz and be on social media, get young people to the mall. This is incredibly smart. I mean, if they should just give them the space for free. Yeah, And this is where I think. I think it's experimental because of just the locations here in Pennsylvania and then the third one that's coming to Las Vegas in twenty twenty seven, so doing one on the strip, so I feel like we're more of a guinea pig to make it to get it right in Vegas. Well, we talked about this when it came out as like, are people that invested in the brand of Netflix and maybe they are, you know, major things in squid Game are so popular. Yeah, no, I get it. Maybe it's like maybe Netflix is Disney. Now we don't know what else they're they're going to be adding. There is a talk of a Bridgerton experience as well a room and have secon some people dressed up as kings and queens. Yeah, the kids would love that. They love that time period. All right, there you have it. What's going on in Dallas? Would there you go? Coming up next to the Today Game? Followed up by the Love Shack. One hundred and two year old lady wanted this for her birthday. Find out what it is. This segment is brought to you by Andrews American Pizza Kitchen in Plano, Texas. It's located at Preston and Plano Parkway. They've mastered five different types of pizza. So if you're like, I only like New York style, or I only like Chicago style or Detroit style, whatever it may be, Andrews has mastered at all. And if you don't believe us, then listen to readers of the Dallas Forny News who voted it best pizzeria in all of Dallas fort worth. So if you're a foodie, you like going to the best barbecue and pizza and brewery spots in town, man, go out of your way to get to Plano Preston and Plano Parkway one location Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen and find out why everybody's raving about it. But right now, stop for this. Welcome to the Love Shack. Maybe Bennet Ski and ladies talking love life and white Mercedes.
Speaker 8: Maybe let us be nice to you out advice and.
Speaker 1: You Welcome to the Love Shack.
Speaker 2: Lady Life, you Jake's crazy? You need two sex birds.
Speaker 1: Roadhouse says, let me handle the bad problems for It's highly disturbing to me that the story that I found here does not have a video with some news audio to go with it. That's disappointing, but the story does make up for it. This is the story of one hundred and two year old Gwyneth Griffiths. Gwyneth Griffiths just had just had a birthday. She was thinking about this. Born four years after World War One, so you got through World War two as you're growing up.
Speaker 2: I am tired.
Speaker 1: Married her first husband at the age of eighteen. They were together for twenty five years. But he got shot in the head in a battle. Oh my god, I had a battle A lot of wars that a war, just like a battle and war war battle with war battle like a musket Not sure, the Battle of Soume.
Speaker 2: Oh what is that one?
Speaker 1: Can you spell it? Yeah? So in the Battle of Valet like a Valet parker so may, Yeah, I don't know a Somalia a wine guy, so may. It's hard hardly. I mean that almost sounds like it would based on timing. She was married to him for twenty five years.
Speaker 5: Is that like?
Speaker 1: Did this guy go to Vietnam later in life? They were together for twenty five years, okay? And she was born before World War One? Had two kids, Okay, so she would have She was married at eighteen, so she was eighteen after World War One and then twenty five years later after that.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what, I al right?
Speaker 1: It wrong? It was her dad who got shot in the head at the Battle of Soume. Oh, which is World War One? Sorry, that doesn't matter. Those are the parts of the story that don't matter. He died at the Battle of POMPEII. Let's get to the meat. Oh, he was in POMPEII. Now that she's one hundred and two, she's some strippers on her birthday. Let's go Arcle has so many great pictures of guys wearing hardly anything with a couple of audis on the billy button here, which is you're disturbing to see that, putting the hard and hardly anything. You don't like seeing that. There's a lot of bending over happening as well. She's at a nursing home and uh, they're bringing her you know, cakes and things like that. She asked for a stripper. So basically what happens at this nursing home. Whenever it's their birthday, they get one wish. They have a little wishing tree and they try to make these wishes come true. It's like a make a wish for old people, like, for instance, one grandma, I wanted to go to a college football game, so they took her to one. So that's pretty good. And she said, it's my birthday coming up, so I like a stripper. This stripper has a tattoo on his back. This says seek peace not war. I got say, I agree, I agree? Is it right above the waist it's on the back. Oh yeah, when you're back there seeking something, it's on the back you would you like to see?
Speaker 2: I can show is there an arrow pounding a tramp stamp?
Speaker 1: Or are you sure it's not? Seek a piece not war? Now, seek piece not war. And it's some hieroglyphics in between all that hieroglyphics down the spine. It's tough. So they arranged for what they called instead of strippers, they call them butlers. A buff and a butler, but butlers. Yeah. They came in and gave her quite a show. I'm talking lamp dances. Suck. They break her, feeding cake to her with what and these guys are wearing what do you mean with what? Did they put a little cake on the end of it? What a scene at the retirement home. Now, the guy who wrote this article says, when I spoke to her about it, she told me, I hope I get a cheeky pinch of his bum. Honey, eaton said, some cake on? This is that allowed?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Where does she's think going to go to?
Speaker 4: HR?
Speaker 1: I mean there could be stripper Hr.
Speaker 2: She's one hundred and two. I'm sure it's not like a hard pinch.
Speaker 1: It could be a cupping. What do you mean by hard pinch.
Speaker 2: She's not gonna pinch it that hard.
Speaker 1: Now here's the sad part of the article is her loved ones appear to be taking advantage of the fact that she's losing her gd mind. One of her friends says, every Sunday, Gwyneth marries doctor John, not the old musician. That'd be great. He was still alive. He was in there. Doctor John is an imaginary figure who has taken on a very real role in her world. Doctor John is at police doctor her friends, and we don't know where he came from, but she's convinced he's real. I've never met him, but my son is a police offer himself, knows all about him.
Speaker 2: What are we talking about? So she's marrying an imaginary man every weekend?
Speaker 1: Okay, but do you guys? Oh nice? Oh my god, Oh no, it looks great. These aren't the best strippers. He looks She looks like Homer Simpson's dad. There's such a beer belly on this guy. What part of the country is this in? This feels say, UK, for sure, you're not getting an elite stripper over there. For that, You're going to the CEA team. How about this she's blindfolded. This guy's wearing a bit of an apron, and she's she's grabbing his ass. Why the blindfold, man, I really don't know. At some point we got to tell the story of the real beaten down stripper at Zippers that should be in a wayback machine. They also said she once had five heart attacks in a single day.
Speaker 2: Wait what, poor ladys. He's laughing at that, God.
Speaker 1: And she flirting with having another one with this guy grinding on her. You're revealing too much, Kevin. All right, there you have it. Coming up next in just over three minutes. Why are the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders making news? We'll discuss and skin show ninety seven point one the Eagle coming up at the bottom of the hour. Is your favorite band playing the State Fair this year? We'll give you all the details, but right now it's time for this.
Speaker 8: And now it's time for bass s week Day Up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt F tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 1: All Right, the Cherry Jones is gonna have to reach into his pocket a little bit here because we're finding out that the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders are about to get a huge pay raise. The threes I wanted to do this story is because I wanted you guys to guess how and what they will be making after this pay raise. Now they were outed in a couple Was it a documentary about this? Now they've got a big Netflix show that's kind of popular. Now didn't have the reality show. I have a question. Is the reality show that was on the Nashville Network different than whatever is happening on Netflix. I wish I knew, dude, like for the longest time, and what's your name? Kelly? Yeah, yeah, Kelly. She was like on it and it was it was it was whatever that country music TV station is and it was on there forever. Yeah, And so then I started seeing Netflix commercials and I didn't know if it was the same thing that moved over.
Speaker 2: It's it looks like the same thing, but I haven't watched it, so I don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know for sure. I mean, dude, they were it was almost like you lose money being a Cowboys cheerleader.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well they've always had that's always been kind of the thing, like the Cowboys organization will underpay you so you can have that star in your business card or the prestige of working there. That's always been a thing they do. Yeah, and if they use that with their players too, instead of making them the highest paid players their position every time, it would really pay off. But it doesn't really necessarily work that way. So the anonymity of being a cheerleader, like I got you know that jock to guests higher lower. What their average annual salary of a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader was. This is reported in twenty twenty two. So I thought they just got paid on game day and it was like three hundred bucks or something. It is, I can I can back that. I can tell you, based on what they made per hour, what they would have made for a full year. Okay, so are we doing the full year? Yeah, let's say that they were making seven grand a year. Yeah, okay, I was going to say five twelve grand higher, oh, twenty five lower, Okay, twenty higher, twenty two higher, twenty three lower. Wait, that's impossible. Twenty two to five, twenty two five Okay.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 1: Credit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's like a part time not even a part time job.
Speaker 1: Even though they have an overall evaluation of nine billion dollars. They're paying the cheerleaders fifteen to twenty bucks an hour or twenty two to five average annually if you if you work a forty yeah, So that's the thing. They're not working forty hour work weeks. They're getting paid hourly to show up at a Sandale training camps in small a couple times. Basically, fifteen an hour covers their gas. You gotta go to a car wash, yeah, Post Malone's going to be at Canes, right, you get to show up to that. Yeah. And that's just a select few. And they're basically they're just leveraging that to hopefully marry a hedge fun guy that lives in uptown. So basically this finally is this is happening this year. Uh, they're getting a four hundred percent pay raise. WHOA, So they're making one hundred dollars an hour, yes, which would be about seventy thousand, right, twenty two to five times four if they worked a forty hour work week, which none of them do, would be none of them some do probably right, how I think there's stuffy They just go work in the warehouse. They just go stand in front of the star with their pom poms and there's some merch that's got to be handled. And I think they have appearances constantly they do.
Speaker 5: This is what you need. You need to watch that show because they show like how often they have to go work out, go for the dances.
Speaker 1: Like they have their own bus too. It's just they're constantly getting bussed around to different things. Is it that same bush Lacewell used to hang out on. It was one we were on for some reason. Oh, we were on it at that MAVs fantasy camp thing. They rented it. Oh that's right. That was a good bus. Yeah, okay, so it was quite the fantasy. Most of the cheerleaders have full time or part time jobs in addition to the role with the Cowboys. Charlotte Jones has defended this cheerleader salary, pointing out the limited opportunity used to dance professionally, especially for an NFL team. But now they are, you know, changing that and they're all gonna get paid now. So pressure the Cowboys think about what we act, well, they were about what we were just talking about, though, the availability of the work. You said most of them have full time jobs or part time shows. So a full time job and they're getting how many hours for the cowboys? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, what does that have to do with the mall? Huh? They had to go to the mall? Oh okay, it's fantastic, all right? Yeah is that?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's a that's a story that I think I should probably care more about, but I don't. I need to watch the show. Yeah, there's no way I'm going to watch the show. I've watched it a few times. It's pretty good. It's pretty good. It's interesting to see all the stuff they have to go through. It's hard, it's very difficult. You watched it all, Christina, I.
Speaker 5: Haven't watched it all, like Ben, just a few episodes. But seriously, they do a lot.
Speaker 2: Good for them.
Speaker 1: They dance horses less, come back to horses.
Speaker 5: I wonder how much the Rangers six Shooters make. Oh that's nothing. Sorry, Oh free. I tried out for it and I was told how much they made, and I was like, no, I'm good out.
Speaker 1: But you get to maybe one day meet Ray Davis.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right?
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: Coming up next in music news, the State Fair has announced their music lineup. We'll talk about it next. Love This day every year the State Fair of Texas. Get your primed and pumped for the fall season. In summer, you're slowed down middle of the week, like, Hey, here's our music lineup for the State Fur and uh, I tell you, there's some big names on this one, some big names. But let's go chronologically. It's a little easier. Remember the Fair will begin Friday, because isn't usually the biggest show opening day and last day. I don't know, hope on the main stage, Caitlin Butts and Wade Bowen country back Wade both country people. I like Wade Bone. Wade Bone's also a guy who's played the I think he's playing the only country Club on July fourth, So like my hometown. So the State Fair Only country Club shows you how far only has come? What's up with Kate Butts? I don't know Caitlyn Butts. Look it up? Okay, you like her better than Kate Bush. I mean, I'm not a Kate Bush fan. So it depends on what decade. Right Saturday, the twenty seventh Fat Daddy opening up for TLC. Wait, how do they do TLC? Wouldn't it just be TC? Okay, that's a whole different thing. If TC goes out there, I mean, do they have another left eye that's replaced her? What if it was TC performing TLC, So that'd be very incredible, that would be incredible. We're interested in that. Yeah, TLC. Well, you know if you had a band that was a group or whatever that was wildly popular back in the day and you don't want to work a real job now, you would just go get a replacement kind of like now, dog, you gotta be t bos and Chili they gotta be TC. You can't replace left eye, dude, Yeah, she's dead, so you have to I mean, you can't replace mercury. So you get the one American idol. Get a wrapper, big extra the plug do they put?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: Do they have to wear that condom on his glasses? Yes? Come on man, why did they do that?
Speaker 4: There?
Speaker 1: They were just out there juggling condoms in their first videos. Moving over to Monday, September twenty ninth, this is just a test of how much any of you know THEO Lawrence. I think he's the brother of Joey. WHOA, there's THEO Lawrence. It sounds like some country guy, THEO Lawrence. In the heart he looks like the fawns.
Speaker 2: Yeah he does.
Speaker 1: I've just saw a picture of it. Looks at the fawns.
Speaker 2: I'm voting pop artists.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if it's and the hearts, it probably And if he looks like the fawns, maybe it's like a retro do watching.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh, Tuesday the thirtieth, Ben, does your wife have an alter ego? Cat Hasty? Okay, so that's when Ben's wife makes a rash decision. Cat Hasty appears to be country.
Speaker 3: Maybe.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it's hard to really tell. This is incredible reporting Monday, Tuesday. He's really not worried about that. But then you get to Wednesday. Hell yeah, Eagle listeners. Medalachi, Oh, this is dope. Medalachi is dope. Medalachi is great. It's basically heavy metal covers done in mariachi style.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they need to do that at a restaurant. You know, they have the mariachi bands at certain ones. Get you Medalachi out there, you.
Speaker 1: Get that cranking Willow Avalon will get it on Wednesday the second. I hope she has a good time out there. Friday night. Can't believe it. Someone at four pm named DJ. So maybe it's like a TVD situation. What if her old buddy DJ Pridemore is out there doing a setup. But then after that Brian McKnight. I like Brian mcnight. I last saw him in a Chili's commercial nineties R and B. I has a song that everyone knows what to me, dude, I would say anytime. That's like one of the best R and B songs in the last twenty years, maybe thirty years.
Speaker 4: How old is he?
Speaker 1: Anytime is the jam? He's got to be sixty. Now have you heard of Dylan Gossip?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: No, he gets to go. On Saturday the fourth, pulled up a video of him and he's holding an acoustic guitar. Tells me a little about him. Moving on to Sunday the fifth, someone called La Mafia. Look we're building up here, dude. La Mafia is huge. We start. I'm serious. La Mafia is a big deal. Yeah. DJ's opening up for them at four two. Okay, I hope it's should be, but it's hard to know now. Monday, October sixth, Joshua ray Walker, big deal, absolutely is. And I think state Fair Records used to have something to do with booking some of these acts, so it makes sense. It makes sense. Wednesday, October eighth, the ACDC cover band Back in Black. M hm. But this is the for me the headliner, Thursday October ninth. I'll see you guys at the fair. Lest the Cowboys happen to play that night. The Village People.
Speaker 5: Oh my, oh my god, Ben, We've got to go at the State Fair of Texas.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 1: Is it all the original cast or just people dressed up? It's whoever they can get to do the gig. Honestly, I mean, come on, you guys were so quick to replace left eye earlier. You don't think they can't find some gay dudes to get oiled up and put on a construction worker outfit.
Speaker 2: It's easy.
Speaker 1: We can find him. Yeah, we can find him. Didn't the original lead singer claim hen Man, I wasn't gay. Yeah, I was just hanging out with all those gay guys singing gay anthems. But it wasn't me. Saturday the eleventh, Paul wall Oh, dude, he just played Legacy Hall, who I just missed the other day on the show because I thought he was Sean Paul. Sean Paul was actually bigger than Paul Wallom, though Paul Wall is doper than Sean Paul Paul Wall's Great Sunday October twelfth, The Cold War Kids. I've seen him in They're good. Yeah uh and that'll do it.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: There you have it. There's the State Fair music lineup, as reported by Kevin K. T. Turner. Coming up next in the big finish.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, I forgot what Vin song?
Speaker 1: You have to say it? Ye Ristina, Yes, Saturday the eighteenth, I'll see you at the fair for Hoopa Stink okay and Hawthorn Heights all right? Oh god, what's a Hoopa stink song? What's the one? I'm the reason the most okay there? And Hawthorn Heights as Ohio for lovers. Yes, they had a guy who goes afford me grace. All right. There you have it. There's the State Fair music lineup. It is the Ben and Skin Show on a home day. Now Tomorrow's big doings because we are out at the Omnipga Omni Frisco right out there in Frisco, and it's an amazing place because they're going to be having the KPMG Women's PGA Championship Tournament. And the cool thing for us is that Rollertown Beer Works, which is the brewery that Ben and I are partners in. They're one of the sponsors of this tournament. In fact, we're going to be hanging out. Rollertown is going to be hanging out all tournament long, all the way through Sunday out behind that ninth hole where you can get Rollertown and some swag and all that. But the Ben and Skin Show is going to be broadcasting from the Top Golf Lounge tomorrow right there on site. We're doing our show from three to six, so if you plan on being out there, come by and see us doing the show. Of course, they do have Rollertown out there at that Top Golf Lounge. It's a really cool place, and if you want to go and you don't have tickets, you can use the promo code Rollertown ten to get ten percent off your tickets for the KPMG Women's PGA Championship. But we are stoked, we're happy to be sponsoring it. We're excited and I would love to see you out there tomorrow again, we'll be doing our show out there from three two six. Really cool stuff.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this again. The thing's big.
Speaker 1: Yesterday on the show Christina gave her review of the new movie starring Brad Pitt called f one. That movie's out in nine days, so we were kind of discussing that and her thoughts on the movie. You can go check it out on the podcast if you missed it. But also, I had found the list yesterday of the twenty eight best auto racing movies of all time, ranked by Rotten Tomatoes, So going through there, it's kind of fun to say. I wanted to start at number twenty eight though, on this list of twenty eight, because it's a zero percent score and a movie starring John Travolta, and it's a movie called Trading Paint, And I do feel like that should be a bet payoff of some at some point. It's a zero percent range movie, like you gotta go do it?
Speaker 7: Zero?
Speaker 2: Does it give?
Speaker 1: The year twenty eighteen?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: My god?
Speaker 2: How long is it?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 8: You know what?
Speaker 1: I don't know that I have that in front of me, but I can find out. Don't see any other big names in that. Annie Murphy was he in it? It's oh, it's it's only eighty eight minutes. That's good. Okay, that's a briefing. In fact, an audience score of thirty one percent. Though okay, you know, but the critics did not like it. A bad stock car racing legend is drawn back to the dirt track when his son, an aspiring driver, joins a rival racing team. And he's gone through so many weird things with his hair because you know, I think he's gone bald and so he's got it like he's gone with a lot of two pay looks and things like that. It looks crazy. I think the best look for him is just straight bold, Yeah, it's goes straight and balls. At this point, give up the ghost. I think his best look is is Vinnie Barberino. Number twenty seven is a movie that I remember being marketed heavily as a thirteen year old. This is the two thousand and one sliced a lone movie Driven. I don't remember it. You don't remember him and Burt Reynolds and Indy Cars. Burt Reynolds was in it. Hell, yeah, god, I'm watching that. You can That's incredible out a fourteen percent a critic score, but a thirty three percent audience score. Hey what, I guarantee it's better than trade and paint. Man, we're realizing there's not that many good movies about racing. Number twenty six, Uh, speaking of Burt Reynolds. Cannonball Run Nope, damn Cannonball Run two No. Nineteen eighty three, Charky's Machine, stroker ACEH dude, come on, stroker.
Speaker 2: Ace was sick.
Speaker 1: Confident NASCAR driver stroker Ace played by Burt Reynolds, runs into pri when a confrontation with his commercial sponsor causes him to click more to find out yep causes him to lose his contract. Oh no, find ned Batty in that bitch?
Speaker 9: Baty?
Speaker 1: Did he squeal like a pig? Great actor? Number twenty five Race the Sun Halle Berry nineteen ninety six. Is that the one where she showed her boobs? Jim Belushi, Kasey affleck No, I never heard of it. She's apparently like a science c shair at Hawaiian School. Number twenty four and I have issues now with the list because at number twenty four on the list is Days of Thunder Right. I agree with that. How's that not number one? That should have been number one? It's clear everyone knows it. What's that line where, uh, you know the pit crew leaders trying to ignore Tom cruise and he's like just doing something else. He is meeting out a scream. That's incredible. Man, I like hearing that once every weeks scream. Hey, I haven't done that once every three weeks since the frequent still in the air, and that was whole lifetime. Again, they're in there with consultants, like man, all I hear is that same Robert Duvall imitation every time I turn it on? Get rid of it?
Speaker 2: Oh you take the keys out of Morning Drive?
Speaker 1: Then what they said? What's twenty three?
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 1: I guess they did that they did? Yeah, they better have six pack. It better be in the top ten. Herbie fully loaded one with that's the one where that car had a substance abuse issue, right Yah the way, guys, have.
Speaker 2: You all seen Lindsay Lohan lately?
Speaker 1: Nope, she looks great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good for her.
Speaker 1: She looks amazing. Nice speed racer. Oh is that the animated one? Yeah? That one graphically looked really good. Not animated. It's yeah, it's like yeah, hyperreal. Yeah yeah, exactly nineteen sixty nine, winning winning the Charlie Sheen Story. Paul Newman, I was gonna say, I bet there's ten Paul Newman movies in here, Herbie goes to Monte Carlo, multiple Herbies. This is like an earnest thing. And we're six back two thousand and four. There's a movie called Nascar in Imax.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Is that a documentary? What are we doing? Was going to say eighteen the twenty twenty three movie Grand Turismo David Arbar Orlando Bloom, Yes, the video game, Yeah, Turbo, Ryan Reynolds, I don't know what that is.
Speaker 2: Cars three, even the first Cars.
Speaker 1: By the way, Cars three is not good.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you for clarifying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not I saw that one. It's better than the at least two of the Herbie movies, but it's not good, right fifteen Leaman, Steve McQueen. Yeah, I was gonna say, there's gonna be a bunch of movies with like Paul Newman and Steve McQueen. We should say. I bet the number one racing movie of all time is Cars. We'll find out what we'll find out. The last American hero was Jeff Bridges, oh known man nineteen seventy four, seventy three, Okay, a Southern boy with a pinch it for driving too fast yep, just some good old boys. At thirteen, Steve mcqueenmained, no harm. The Love Bug Wait, which Seve Number twelve, which Steve McQueen movie was number Man in Leamon, okay, The Love Bug, Herby Jones, Michael Lee, the Original Herb. Yeah, Snake in Mongoose, Number eleven, twenty thirteen. There used to be a classic rock morning show Southern California Drag Racers. Who's in it?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 1: Jesse Williams, Richard Blake, Yeah, oh, Big Big Blake Rally road Racers Number ten? Who never heard of any of these? JK. Simmons, isn't it okay? Number nine The Racing Life of Paul Newman Telling You starring Mario with Michael Andretti. Oh cool, it's a documentary. There's going to be so many I bet we'll have at least four more Steve McQueen and Paul Newman movies before we hit number one. Eight to twenty four Hour War.
Speaker 5: Do you know what that is?
Speaker 1: Marto Andretti in it? This is a twenty sixteen movie. I don't know. Number seven Grand Prix nineteen sixty six. James Garner, Hell yeah, Number six Racing Dreams one percent score from the critics. This is a twenty nine movie, and I feel like this is about go Kart is just like Coop dreams. Yeah, maybe racing documentary dreams. Yeah, people trying to make it. I can see that. Okay, before we get to the top. Where are we to the time? Okay, Aroordy at the top five? I guarantee you cars is in there. And now I'm thinking I never saw but maybe that Ford Verse Ferrari movies.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, that was a good movie.
Speaker 5: But also Talladega Night number five, Talladega Knights, thank you for to be better than that.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Champ.
Speaker 1: Cannonball running the top five, Well, I think auto racing would take that out right, I mean it's in the street racing. Holladay and Knights is really good. Sure, And I was a victim of expectations when I first saw it. When I first thought, I was like, Ah, wasn't they good? I thought it was pretty mean, And they watch it again and again and again You're like, yeah, it's a genius. We had too much Will Ferrell at that time. Yeah, that's why so hard to top all the craps up coming out. I basically just like those two little kids that were in it. Yeah, rest in peace to the one that's not with us anymore. Gary cole sneaky great in that movie, stinky great and everything. Then actually yeah, Gary cole Man, all right, a pretty good guy. I'll see you guys at PGA Frisco. Jesus. Number four Cars what that should have been number one? Geared on right? Yes, wait, wait, hold onchow Oh wait a minute. That means Cars two is in the top three. Coow Yeah, number three. Rush used to come on after us.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: This is twenty thirteen. This is directed by Ron Howard. It's Chris Hemsworth and Olivia Wilde and I think Geddy Lee's in that. Remember this. I did not see this.
Speaker 2: I got it.
Speaker 1: It's kind of good and good. Yeah. You a bad run here, Yeah, you need to step out of the limelight for a minute. Man, I'm gonna choose free will You're killing I'm always in nice spirit on the radio right now because you're in bad jokes. That was meta, Tom Sawyer, there go, Ben, there you go.
Speaker 7: That was very good.
Speaker 1: Those really cool those Olmer moment get down the top two, bitch number two four, Verus Ferrari, Yeah, twenty nineteen. Never saw it good number one, Cars two, S E N N A twenty ten. Apparently it's great. So someone needs to explain to me why they chose twenty eight movies, didn't put Cars two in there, and didn't put six pack in there. Why not put those in there and do the top thirty movies. You should email the people who run Rotten Tomatoes. I'll never forget the time that KT looked Paul Newman dead in his eye and he said to him, just letting you know, starting tomorrow, I'm gonna start coming into work with the mindset of a champion, and Paul Newman ended up making a great salad dressing. That's gonna do it for us. Christina is gonna stick around and play some tunes. Catch us tomorrow out at the Omnipga right there at top Golf Lounge. We'll see you then here you going, well, sorry, I'm gonna get some cheeks after this. Horse College nt great summer