Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped up needed by, so you don't have the.
Speaker 2: Come running just as fast as we can. Show Shooter's gonna help come Man.
Speaker 3: Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. No, Tom Martine, Hey.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey Tom Martina here, welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. We're here to help you solve your problems, answer questions, take complaints, make life a little easier. Let's do it as we've doing it for forty five years. We have here in the UH in the satellite home. We have a deputy d and I have also a guest today i'll introduce in a minute. Here we're gonna be talking a little bit about roofing and and also I think we can maybe talk about a car giveaway. Studio Doc and BO Deputy Doc and BO deputies Doc in Bow. Which one do you like that?
Speaker 5: Studio? I like Deputy Bow better.
Speaker 4: I like Doc.
Speaker 5: I'm just kidding Doc.
Speaker 4: I'm just kidding Bow. I had Doc. Doc's a lot better. No, I don't know. It depends on who's listening. Take your headphones off. Really, it depends what kind of case it is. I've learned. Hey, Mark, are you going to be put your money where your mouth is. By the way, are you gonna activate a camera or not? Many? And he I, he's not feeling like give me, give me, give me, give me. After the first break.
Speaker 5: Let me ask you this, how much weight have you lost so far?
Speaker 4: I've lost a ton man.
Speaker 6: In fact, uh, I'll tell you what's really crazy on this medication in Denver region. So for the last three days I decided I was gonna fast. I'm trying to like kick in that final ten or twelve pounds. So literally I've eaten maybe, god man, maybe one hundred calories and going on my third day, I do not feel hungry.
Speaker 4: It's nuts, man.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 4: It gets pretty crazy, doesn't it. I mean, I guess when you have that, what can I say? When you let me just turn that?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: So when you have that, that craving that goes away. I mean I can tell people it's funny. I don't know if this has happened to you guys, but I'm driving down the street and I see my neighbor putting out the trash and he's a shadow of himself.
Speaker 5: I can tell.
Speaker 4: I can just tell because he's always been fat, always, never and now he's a shadow, literally a shadow of himself. His clothes are hanging off him, and I can tell he's on it. I can people. People will say to me, hey, we're talking about the weight loss, Michae O'Malley's chiming in from petrolley roofing in Colorado.
Speaker 5: Springs, Mike, have you do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: The weight loss or bothide?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean I saw Jim gaff again the other day, right, and believe he's.
Speaker 4: A He does a whole joke on the whole stuff on it, Like he says, should I get rid of my big clothes or not?
Speaker 5: He says, but my big closer in there.
Speaker 4: Saying, don't do it. You're gonna need me again. I mean, he's such a funny guy anyway, Mark they pray about Listen.
Speaker 6: What drives me nuts is some people that it's evident they're on it, just like gaffigin. I mean, there's no way this guy just started eating right and doing everything right.
Speaker 4: But it's crazy. I'm the first to admit.
Speaker 6: I'm like, hey, I basically I'm on these meds and I'm losing weight. But there's so many people you go, oh, you look really good. They'll never mention it. They like they think it's evil or they're trickings nature or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Amy, let's talk.
Speaker 1: Amy.
Speaker 4: Uh, she had This was a really weird situation. Amy.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to find your call.
Speaker 4: But you called in about your car because didn't it have a salvage title on it?
Speaker 8: I wasn't aware of it until after I ran my Vin number and it did.
Speaker 4: So you say, when it was purchased, they never told you this?
Speaker 8: No, And I actually I showed my paperwork to Kevin and it didn't disclose in there anywhere that it was a junk salvage title.
Speaker 4: Now, the reason we had you go to Kevin was saying, look, it might be salvage, but it doesn't necessarily mean it's junk. Or is it it is?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 10: What did he think he's got a lower?
Speaker 4: Is this the twenty eleven Beamer right three point thirty five? I? Yes, car pro sold it to you. Did we get out the codes that were showing? Did we get a copy of the paperwork? Yes?
Speaker 8: Or no?
Speaker 4: Because I bet it. Deputy I believe Deputy Dollar was going to work on this. But Kevin Caulkin looked at it. What did Kevin say about the car? Should we get Kevin on to talk to technology the technical details here or do you know we could?
Speaker 8: We could, because when I pulled in, he just said, oh, that doesn't sound good, and I was like, I was kind of I don't know.
Speaker 4: Did we ever get a copy though, of an actual deal.
Speaker 8: I have the I have the paperwork on me, so I mean I send it?
Speaker 6: Can you send it over to help a troubleshooter dot com? I want to look at it seriously?
Speaker 8: Yes, yes I can.
Speaker 4: Now have you.
Speaker 5: Contacted the dealer?
Speaker 4: Have you contacted the dealer since you found out it was Salvage?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 8: I did, and I asked him. I said, I was going to give you one last chance to try to help me out because when I called.
Speaker 4: Him with your what did the dealer say? What did the dealer say when you said you said it was Salvage?
Speaker 8: He said he's done. He hasn't done anything that's outside of the law.
Speaker 4: Well, if he didn't disclose it was.
Speaker 6: If he didn't disclose it was a branded title, We'll help you go directly to the dealer board and we'll light these guys on fire because they have to. But I'm not certain they didn't. I need to see the paperwork.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, they could have snuck it through Amy. They could have snuck it through on you, you don't sound like you're very you know, we're very savvy when it came to car deals.
Speaker 5: So it's possible.
Speaker 4: But I want to ask something this salvage title, How did you discover it?
Speaker 8: There's an app it's called bumper and you just put your ven number in and it does a search and it comes back with detailed history.
Speaker 4: Okay, Now, did you get a car fax on this as well?
Speaker 8: I didn't because I well, I was I was looking through vehicles and I had already ran too many car baxes on vehicles that I was interested in. So when I tried to run a car back, it wouldn't let me. And he didn't he didn't have one for me.
Speaker 4: Okay, So ottom line here is you have a salvage car. You found out when you put the name in there? And what is the history of the vehicle? The actual history go over that for me.
Speaker 8: And the actual history of the vehicle is it was originally solo for Hamm. Let me pull up the ad.
Speaker 4: When did it get salvaged?
Speaker 8: It got salvaged.
Speaker 5: Well, one mark, one step out of time.
Speaker 4: I want her to go through the whole Hold on, Amy, I want you to go through the whole history of the car. When was it purchase new? Oh no, this is twenty eleven. Never mind, never mind. I just need to know the recent history, the last few years, the last few years.
Speaker 8: Okay, so this is actually history. There's none salvash records.
Speaker 10: There's two U two.
Speaker 4: When was that?
Speaker 8: Well, I'm sorry, when was that? That's salvage salvage Salva which was October first of twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: Four, So that's when the salvage title was issued.
Speaker 8: Yes, and it was junken show.
Speaker 4: And did does this show that they bought it from my car Pros?
Speaker 8: They bought it from so SO Parts so Part Inc.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's like a junkyard based salvage.
Speaker 5: Is that the salvage yard?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Co Parts is a huge nationwide auction yard that sells total.
Speaker 4: Cars, So co Parts So the dealer car Pros bought it directly from CO Parts that.
Speaker 8: I'm not sure it doesn't.
Speaker 4: Well, then what's CO Part have to do with anything? What does CO Part have to do with anything? They're the ones that seld the salvaged vehicle. Tom, they sold it to who to some to R and it's CO Parts co Part co Part.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they're a chinormous company.
Speaker 5: Who did they sell it to.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to find the where it went from October twenty twenty four onward?
Speaker 5: Where did it go?
Speaker 11: He on?
Speaker 8: One second, Farmer, I'm gonna I'm.
Speaker 4: Gonna take a break. You hold on, No, no, you hold on, Please hold on. Kelly get that in now from her. Yes, we'll get that info. But I want to know where did it go? It was salvaged. Co Part picks it up as salvage. Where did co Parts sell it? I need to know if possibly the car dealer was also duped.
Speaker 5: It can happen.
Speaker 4: I'm Tom Martino three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 5: What can I say about water?
Speaker 4: It's the essence of our our life basically, and if you have the if you have bad water, you're never going to be healthy. Seriously, get the best water, the best treated water, anywhere, for the lowest price anywhere. Waterpros dot net second two none thirty one ninety five Well no thirty nine ninety five gets you everything for your whole house. Chemical's gone, plastics gone, chlorine gone, hardness gone. They soften it and you get reverse osmosis drinking water the.
Speaker 5: Best on the planet.
Speaker 4: Waterpros dot net three oh three eighty six two five five five four. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three three seven one three talk three oh three seven three eight two five five. I just texted something funny or instant messaged my YouTube warns and I said, Hey, you more nons.
Speaker 5: So who's the moro on there?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 4: Kevin Colkin is a shared in auto tech. He's one of our car experts. I call him Uncle Kevin. When you see him, you'll know why he's just a big friendly guy. Hey, uncle Kevin, what about Amy and her car? You know she bought a salvage car. Didn't realize it. What did you tell us what you saw when you looked at the paperwork first, and then we'll go to the car.
Speaker 12: The titles showed that it was State Farm Insurance sold it through co part. I didn't see any of the assignments on the back.
Speaker 4: Wait wait, wait, wait, where where did you see that? Where did you see that?
Speaker 12: He brought paperwork in with the bill of sayes state Farm?
Speaker 5: State Farm sold it to.
Speaker 12: Co part Probably sold it true copack. They're they're an agent of insurance company.
Speaker 4: Okay, So State Farm was the show.
Speaker 5: And is it called co parts or copack or what both?
Speaker 13: I've heard it both ways?
Speaker 12: But co parts yeah, co part?
Speaker 4: So and who did it get sold to? She has?
Speaker 12: Well, I don't remember on the back?
Speaker 4: Wait wait, wait, wait, what what about the title she has?
Speaker 5: What about that?
Speaker 12: Look on the back and the assignment should say which dealer bought it from? State Farm?
Speaker 4: Wait on her title?
Speaker 12: She doesn't have. She didn't do the paperwork with the state yet, that's the paperwork the dealer provided her.
Speaker 7: So the old dealer provided her with the old title, and on the back of that title there's a.
Speaker 4: Chain okay, chain of ownership. Amy, do you have the old title?
Speaker 8: I have the title that they gave me.
Speaker 10: Yes, yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: On the back of it, it shows where that car came from. Yes, what does it say?
Speaker 8: It says on November nineteenth of twenty four, farmer's insurance exchanged, and then ten fifteen, twenty four came from Copart Auto Auctions and then on January twenty ninth of twenty five Star Pro That's the day I've bought it. So I'm not sure what day they got it.
Speaker 4: But okay, so they got it from Does it show the actual dealer car Pros on it? Yes, and it says car Pros bought it from Copart.
Speaker 8: Well no car promoters on a yes, cope, it stamps Copart Auto Auctions.
Speaker 4: I got it. So car Pros bought it at the auction, yes.
Speaker 12: Out of Salvage auction.
Speaker 4: Yes, exactly, So they can't say they didn't know it.
Speaker 9: Yep.
Speaker 12: Right, that's why she should get in touch with this car.
Speaker 4: Right now, here's the most important thing. Make you know salvage. Okay, it's a bad idea. In my opinion, it can be compromised, it can be a bad car, it can be unsafe, but not every single salvage, recovered and restored car in the world is a piece of trash. Kevin, we have to admit there are rare cases where someone will take a salvaged car and make it perfect. Okay, it's still salvage, but it's it's a good car.
Speaker 5: What is the case here?
Speaker 4: I'm waiting with baited breath because really the real issue here is not so much it's it's well, it is an issue. They didn't disclose it. But what if what if?
Speaker 6: You guys, I'm actually looking at her contract and it says other material understandings and integrated documents please see attached sales contract disclosure statement.
Speaker 4: Where is that? Because that I did not receive. So are you saying, mark that might be where they disclosed it. Well, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I've never seen it used anywhere else. So yeah, that's exactly. It's something negative. It's a disclosure statement. As I was getting to, no.
Speaker 4: Matter what what really matters is the shape of the car. Kevin, drum roll respected the car. What did you find, sir?
Speaker 12: The engine's blown.
Speaker 4: Damn. What about the body? It's just what about the body of the car? How is it?
Speaker 12: It's not terrible. You can see different paint, you know, different shades on different panels and stuff. So it's had a little work.
Speaker 4: But what about the frame, Kevin, what about the frame?
Speaker 12: No, no obvious damage in the front.
Speaker 4: Okay, So the engine is blown and can you say why?
Speaker 12: Well, she said it had overheated a couple times, and I think that was probably the cause of the overheating.
Speaker 4: Did you so what did you actually do to I mean, if the engine's blown, did you go further or just what determined the engine was blown to you?
Speaker 12: Yeah, there's not.
Speaker 13: Much to do at this point.
Speaker 12: The noises that it makes when it starts are very very obvious.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's okay, so it's still running. Yeah, what do you think it is on the engine?
Speaker 12: Oh, it's Rod's it's lower end noise. It's major noise.
Speaker 4: It's not How much will that cost on that car? How much will that cost to rebuild a twenty eleven BMW engine?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Ten grand, twelve grand something in there.
Speaker 4: For you, Deputy d had something you wanted to say.
Speaker 7: Yeah, hey, guys, while you were having that discussion. I went to Copart's website to see if all their cars are salvage and no, it's says a Copart is the premier online wholesale vehicle auction service for clean title cars. Well, okay, we don't know that it's been salvaged.
Speaker 5: No, they do know it's salvaged.
Speaker 7: No, all she knows is that it was sold by copart.
Speaker 5: No, I think she verified.
Speaker 4: Did you verify it with salvage or not?
Speaker 12: She said, carfax shows it is salvaged.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm looking at the disclosure.
Speaker 7: We have a car fax.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but but it still was listed as a salvage.
Speaker 5: I don't understand.
Speaker 4: But kere saying, we don't know it's a salvage. We do know it's a salvage now. But Kevin said, the carfax lists that a salvage. But Amy said she did not pull a car fax. She went to hold on, I'm getting dizzy here, Dan, what difference does it make? We were asking is the car salvage or not? The answer is yes, it's salvage based on what based on carfax? We don't have a car carfax.
Speaker 7: We don't take a carfax for this car.
Speaker 4: Hold on, Okay, because you don't get a car fax doesn't mean one doesn't exist.
Speaker 6: So yeah, but so that we don't know if it's salvaged. I agree with d We have no idea. Kevin just said he looked at it. Okay, Kevin, did you look at the car facts?
Speaker 5: Or am I wrong?
Speaker 13: I did not?
Speaker 12: Kevin me, she pulled a car fact. She pulled a car facs after the fact.
Speaker 4: So everything is contingent on she told us, So we didn't actually see it, Okay, correct, So Amy, how can you prove to us it's a salvage.
Speaker 8: I'm trying to screenshot it right now so I can email you detailed report.
Speaker 4: Hey, Mark, can't we pull a carfax on it right now? Or Kevin? Kevin?
Speaker 5: Can you do it and I'll reimburse you. Kevin?
Speaker 13: Sure?
Speaker 6: And here's here's the deal on the disclosure, Guys, I don't see anything the disclosure, nothing about it being salvaged.
Speaker 14: All right?
Speaker 4: Hold on, as I said Dmitri. Dmitri pointed out that that copart sells all kinds of cars. And then I found out I thought we had in hand a title the saying it was salvage. Kevin, was there any indication on that on anything you saw that said it was salvage.
Speaker 13: No, no, nothing.
Speaker 4: Okay, so we really okay, So if it turns out it is salvage, it is. If it isn't, it isn't, but we haven't verified it. That's what we're gonna do through Kevin right now. I'm Tom Martinez three oh three, seven to one three Talk seven one three A two five five. So we really do need to verify that. Also, Steven, you have a question about an SBA loan, We're gonna ask for your patience. I will get to you. Then we have petrolley roofing. Let's not forget them. Michael O'Malley and and uh we're going to talk about that coming up on the Troubleshooter Show three oh three seven to one three Talk seven one three eight two five five. I I'll remind you Fix at twenty four to seven is doing the extreme clean on acs right now. Two hours of service or refurbishing of that AC for just thirty nine bucks. It's unheard of. That's for new customers only. Fix myihome dot com go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. All right, I'm Tom Martino, your troubleshooter. Uh, Uncle Kevin is running a vin on that a Carfax to see if we can vary it is a salvage.
Speaker 5: But I want to move on.
Speaker 4: I want to ask, So hang on, Amy, We'll come back to Steven. The SBA loan issue. What's happening with an SBA and loan? Steven?
Speaker 5: What can we do to help you?
Speaker 10: Well, here's mister fix it. Here's my question. Started it in September. Somebody stole my identity and took out a seventeen thousand dollars loan. I jumped through all the hoops they wanted.
Speaker 4: Wait, Steven, Stephen, Stephen, Steven Stephen, how did you find out that someone applied for a loan and got a loan in your name.
Speaker 10: The US Treasury started in September of last year. The US Treasury took out three hundred and forty four dollars for three months September, October November.
Speaker 5: I took out from where took out from where.
Speaker 10: My Social Security check got it?
Speaker 4: And did they tell you why they took it out?
Speaker 10: That's seventeen thousand dollars loan.
Speaker 13: I took a.
Speaker 5: Lot of phones.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, find out. So the US Treasury took money from your Social Security check for a seventeen thousand dollars loan you supposedly made.
Speaker 10: That is correct?
Speaker 4: And what kind of a loan? Was that an SBA loan?
Speaker 10: Yes, it was SBA.
Speaker 4: It was what else? Did?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 5: Continue with your story? What happened?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 10: Last week I got a letter of absolution from the loan that my identity was stolen. But somebody owes me over one thousand dollars. Who do I go to the SBA or the US Treasury or who?
Speaker 4: Okay, hold on, that's a good question. So you're asking, how do you get reimbursed?
Speaker 10: That is correct for the money they took.
Speaker 4: Well, shouldn't the Social Secure already do that. If they did it by mistakes, shouldn't they just send you a credit?
Speaker 10: It's not the Social Security problem. They're doing what they're told to do by the US Treasury, I've found out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but the US Treasury was collecting on a debt.
Speaker 5: That's bad.
Speaker 4: So Social Security can't they just reimburse you for the money they withheld?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 10: That's what I'm asking. Where do I go?
Speaker 4: Well, we can put some you know what, here's what we can do. Which one of my deputies want to take this now. It's going to be a pain in the ass, but I know we can get some answer. Social Security is pretty good at answering questions. They're not bad people at all. They have a good PR department. What I'd like to know is when someone has money withheld from their Social Security check.
Speaker 5: In error, what do they do about it.
Speaker 4: I don't think you should have to go back to the Treasury, Steven. I don't think it's up to you to fight this. I think Social Security should just give you the money back. Now, do you have any kind of verification in writing that says it was fraud?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 9: I do.
Speaker 10: What do you have a letter given to me last week from the SBA telling me that it was identity faft and I do not owe that seventeen thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: And then you should be able to send that to Social Security and have and get your money back.
Speaker 5: How much did they take out in total?
Speaker 10: Three forty four a month for three months?
Speaker 4: Hey see?
Speaker 14: Okay, have you gone down to Social Security in person? No, that's what you need to do. If you do that, and then give him my number off the air, Tom after he goes down in person.
Speaker 7: If that doesn't resolve it, I'll follow up on it.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, that's good. You know, you know, Doc has a good point, and now I'm starting to like him better than bo he. I'm just kidding. He's making a good point. We have heard this before, Doc, where they don't do anything on the phone, but once you make an appointment, they're pretty attentive.
Speaker 14: Absolutely once you get face to face, they're pretty good at following up.
Speaker 5: Okay, so let's do that.
Speaker 4: Go to the Social Security and you can actually make an appointment, and I believe you're going to be surprised at what they do.
Speaker 5: Hang on, call us back.
Speaker 4: Remember Kachina Mark, this is Deputy Doc Jerry, you have a question on stare lifts. I know a lot about them over the years we've helped seniors get them.
Speaker 5: What is your question, sir, Well, I.
Speaker 9: Wonder who you would recommend for a stair lift or a stair elevator that goes up. You know, it has a curved stair. It goes up straight and then it turns and goes up the rest of way.
Speaker 4: When you say it curves, does it do a ninety degree or is it a actual curve?
Speaker 9: An eighty degree turn? So it goes straight up and then there's a platform and then it goes straight up again.
Speaker 5: Wow, and it goes straight up the opposite direction.
Speaker 9: That's correct.
Speaker 4: Well, I believe from my limited knowledge. But again, I mean it's extensive over the years, but I believe that would be two systems. I don't think you can get one that would go up to the landing and then reverse direction.
Speaker 5: I don't think now you hold on.
Speaker 4: I don't know directly who to refer you to for stare lifts. However, we do have people that work with the elderly that we could tap Mark.
Speaker 5: Is Mark there or not? Katchina.
Speaker 4: We have an angel that does a lot of work with older people, helping them find assisted living or different apartments. Is it Barb, Is it Shoe Kachina? Could you look into that depth? I think that r EP. We know for sure she did. Let's find out for shoes our elderly. Well she's not elderly, but our angel for the elderly. Okay, thank you very much. All right, got it, So hang on, Jerry, We're going to try to get you a referral. And she's really good at helping people, but she may have someone right off the bat that she knows of.
Speaker 5: All right, we're.
Speaker 4: Gonna come back and find out what happened with that car fax.
Speaker 5: Is her car indeed verified.
Speaker 4: To be salvage or was it just the wrong hunch she made based on the fact that this auto salvage and Junkyard bought it and resold it. Deputy d looked online and saw that they sell cars in all conditions.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they call them clean title cars and they they're not all recks and they're not all totaled. So we have more coming up on the.
Speaker 4: Troubleshooter Show three O three seven to one three talk Kinage Home Solutions now painting as well. This sixty five year old company has the heritage you can trust.
Speaker 5: You want some painting, can age painting pros.
Speaker 4: That's Khwindows dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: I'm Tom Martinez.
Speaker 4: Know, okay, we got a lot juggling here, so let me recap. We were waiting to find out was that car really salvage as she suspected, and we pulled the car facts with Kevin Caulkin, and that's really pretty cool. But I want to tell everyone something, and I'm telling you there's a reason I'm telling you this, and you're gonna love it. Right now. The Castle Rockhome Show Mark starting the eleventh. We're talking about this weekend Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Speaker 5: It's the biggest they've ever had.
Speaker 4: They have, like I'm telling you, they have booths the Douglas County Fairgrounds. You need get free tickets. Oh my god, it's wonderful. Castlerock Homeshow dot com for more information and tickets. Castlerock Home Show dot com. Friday, it starts at noon, goes to six Saturday ten to five, Sunday eleven to four. It's not going to be affected by weather. Listen, covered booths, wonderful facility. Mark Douglas County has a really good facility.
Speaker 6: Yes, so right outside of it, you and I did a financial thing down there years and years ago. But right outside of it is a beautiful no leash dog park.
Speaker 4: Two.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I want to tell everyone to try to make it. And it's not just for Douglas County. I mean you can come from all over. They have hundreds and hundreds of booths. This is a record breaker, especially since COVID did a number on these things. So that's the Castle Rock Home Show this weekend. Friday, Saturday and Sunday, Douglas County Fairgrounds. Go to Castle Rockhomeshow dot com.
Speaker 5: All right, now, the car facts.
Speaker 4: Mark, you looked at the car facts, Kevin, the car facts shows.
Speaker 5: What hold on?
Speaker 4: I need to do it.
Speaker 5: I need to do my drum roll.
Speaker 4: God, there we go.
Speaker 13: Ah, you go ahead.
Speaker 12: It shows damage, but it does not show salvage.
Speaker 5: Agreed, all right, it was never salvage.
Speaker 4: We assumed it was based on her suspicion. So that shoots the hell out of our non disclosure argument.
Speaker 5: Now, now, D, why are you doing a victory lap at this point?
Speaker 4: I don't just understand you. That is not gentlemanly at all.
Speaker 7: Told you, you told me what I told you. We don't have any evidence to.
Speaker 5: I don't recall he said that I have.
Speaker 4: I think the way it went, I think the way away it was, Amy said. Amy said she had a salvage vehicle that was sold to her and never disclosed, and I said we should really check it out to make sure it's salvage, and Deputy D went along with it. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, Well spent Dmitrie.
Speaker 6: Do you remember when Tom put his sunk his heels in on that one shop, really screwed that lady on the warranty, but he just wouldn't come around.
Speaker 7: Uh oh, Or do you remember when he sunk his heels on how he didn't cross the double line? And what that photo take?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yes, and it came in my mailbox, a picture of him driving across the double line.
Speaker 5: All that our our corporate address.
Speaker 4: You know, they they you know, uh majors and I we have corporate address for everything. And and and since my car is registered to my corporation, they saw it and they they wouldn't let me live it down anyway, at least they didn't post it online. So really, Amy, we got to talk to you on a serious note here. I guess you don't.
Speaker 5: You don't have a salvage car?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean change actually bought a piece of crap. Wait a minute, Wait a minute, Amy, what did you say according to what?
Speaker 8: Well, I have the bumper app and I put my vin and that's what told me that it was at Dunk Salvage. I mean I I emailed it to you guys, so I don't know. Yeah, but it's a bumper.
Speaker 4: I oh what did it? Wait? I we do want to see that one.
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Why would they Why would they conflict? Do you think? D Why do you think Mark? Why would they?
Speaker 4: I have no If they do conflict I don't know.
Speaker 6: First of all, I'm not sure they were going back to the same we're going back to the same argument.
Speaker 4: They might not conflict at all. Now here's what I want to say, Amy, you have to come to grips with the fact that you bought a car and it needs a rebuilt engine. I do not recommend. Now listen, is the body and is the interior looking good?
Speaker 8: It's got a lot of hail damage.
Speaker 4: I mean, wait a minute, your body has a lot of Wait a minute, your body has a lot of hail damage. Why the hell did you buy this car?
Speaker 5: Amy? Why did you buy this car?
Speaker 8: Well, I just I didn't. I was shopping around and my average that I was finding was either like, for instance, a twenty thirteen four Fusion with two hundred and fifty six thousand miles, or like a ninety eight old Smobile Cutler Supreme with ninety.
Speaker 4: How many miles, Amy, how many miles were on this like one hundred.
Speaker 8: And forty wine?
Speaker 4: I think, yeah, Amy, I am really sorry.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 5: You got yourself a frickin lemon.
Speaker 4: And I don't think we can I don't think we can go against the dealer. I don't think we can you're looking at a ten thousand dollars repair. No matter what you do, do it with Kevin at shardan Uli tech dot com. Let's see if Kelly can't get the deal around. To see if they, you know, want to talk about this great deal they gave this lady and maybe they can help or hold on. We'll try to get the dealer on right after this. On the Troubleshooter Show three to zero three, Martino, get your calls in reel three six two seven eight four sixty six. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Leave time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Rip you need so you don't have come runs as fast as we can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come six is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez.
Speaker 4: I'm Tom Martino, and I welcome you to the show. We are here. My main focus for the last forty five years total of fifty but forty five in Denver has been to solve problems and answer questions, take complaints, and truly to make life easier. Look, this show does not get into politics. It gets into issues which turns into like a political thing when it comes to personal finance and what I call our personal economy, and I do have some news on that front coming up. We also have Michael Maalley from Petrolley Roofing in Colorado Springs and they're rapidly expanding, of course. And my number one question right now, Michael, we haven't had you know, the.
Speaker 5: Storms of last year.
Speaker 4: Are you still cleaning up on those suckers? Yeah.
Speaker 16: Yeah, we're still finding all kinds of damage that people just didn't report.
Speaker 5: And now as people are.
Speaker 4: They only have a year to put that in from the date of the event.
Speaker 16: So it depends on if their contract has a data disclosure or a date of discovery.
Speaker 4: Do you what do you mean by that? So some contracts for insurance read you must do it within a year of discovery.
Speaker 16: Yep, So either the time of discovery or the time of damage, the date of the last storm, and so it really depends on how their contract reads. But you know, as people start selling their houses again, the roof is the main hold up, and so people should be getting their their roofs inspected so that it doesn't hold up these real estate transactions.
Speaker 4: That's a good point because if you know you're selling, you know, damn well they're going to find out of the roofs to effect you were not.
Speaker 5: But why should they do it?
Speaker 4: Maybe do a roof allowance, except Frank Dranda, real estate man, says allowances are unattractive to people.
Speaker 16: They'd rather see it done, just have it done. Yeah, No one wants to come in and have that big project right away.
Speaker 4: Petrolley Roofing by the way, Petrolley p E t R A l I.
Speaker 5: Petrolley Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: They're in the springs and they come up as far as we're we go all through.
Speaker 5: Oh do you do now?
Speaker 7: Absolutely, my god speak just.
Speaker 4: To compete with Jay over it and yeah, yeah, you know they're both great great roof and Petrolley's been around a long time. What's mister petrolly doing now.
Speaker 16: Then he's retired out in Missouri and joining his grandkids living by a lake.
Speaker 5: Are you the main man?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Okay, So if you have any roofing questions, I only have one text on roofing. I'll get to you later because I want to go back to Amy. Amy again. We're kind of uh waiting on one other thing. That thing that you sent us. Did we did we get it, Kashina? Did we get it? Get somebody?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: No, I actually attempted to call the dealer on the break. Oh I know that that part. Okay, Sorry about that. I was talking about Amy. The bumper, the bumper disclosure. You said, I don't know what bumper is. It's some kind of a carfax. Want to be uh, I see you everything I have, so you should have multiple if she has so you have? You actually have a bumper. You actually have a bumper. Car history report? Is that right?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 4: Did we get that mark? Did you look through the paperwork? And I'm looking at it right now? Hold on.
Speaker 6: It says no accidents found, no previous lease records, no recalls, no theft, one title record record, one title brand found. It does say one title brand found. Let me see what does.
Speaker 5: That mean title?
Speaker 4: What what time? And by the way, just so people know, I got to make this very clear, it had hail damage.
Speaker 6: I think the title brand is probably the hail damage.
Speaker 5: And that's what I want.
Speaker 4: To say.
Speaker 9: This.
Speaker 4: Man, listen to this.
Speaker 6: It does say and what is n m vtis that's the source? I don't know, National Motor Vehicle something something junk in sound.
Speaker 5: What does it say?
Speaker 6: Co party, Dallas, Texas. Now this was done on ten to one. I want to look at the carfax. Let me pull that up again and see the last date on this car fax. Maybe the carfax wasn't updated. The last thing on carfax.
Speaker 5: Oh, it could have been.
Speaker 6: Could have been the carfax was that it wasn't. Listen to this the last thing on carfax. Hold on, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: Was It's okay, long, I'll just do some music.
Speaker 4: Dun dun, dun, Yeah, okay, two twenty six, twenty five, So what's that mean to you?
Speaker 5: Just sum that up?
Speaker 6: Mark, So nineteen the hail damage was reported, so it looks like it probably was. Man, it's so the car on the carfax. But Carfax also says that there's no branded title. It's very confusing, honestly.
Speaker 4: Okay, let me explain something, and this could be what I was gonna say this before. Here's what it is. There are actually two kinds of salvage.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 4: One is a salvage that's not taken off the road, and that's the one that has to do with hail. They salvage car because it is a total wreck, but it's not literally like a salvage you think about like a car that's a pea, you know, that's been really badly damaged. A Compass insurance told us that that buying cars that have had heavy hail damage like that, it's not considered salvage.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 4: Of course, the value is diminished by that, and you won't ever get another hail clam or any kind of comprehensive claim on that car. But it is not the same as a salvage salvage. So you have the true salvage from being wrecked, and then you have another kind of salvage for heal damage. But I am not sure they make a difference in the actual branding of the title.
Speaker 5: I doubt it says you know.
Speaker 6: But do you the real questions do you have to disclose that? I mean that's the real question. Is that supposed to be disclosed. I'm gonna put Deputy D on this.
Speaker 4: I want them to call literally, I want him to call Copart and find out worth a deal with hole. The vehicle was no. No, I mean, let's first investigate to see if they did anything wrong. By the way, hold on, go ahead, sir.
Speaker 7: Carfax has a whole page to explain what a branded title is.
Speaker 4: What does it say?
Speaker 7: Number six is hail damage title brand. They do perceive this by explaining that a title that a branded title is not the same as a salvage title.
Speaker 4: Okay, so that could be that that could be what the hail damage is.
Speaker 5: Then it's branded.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and so it says that.
Speaker 4: Many good, good, good good point tank you.
Speaker 7: Many states issue title brand for hail damage. That's what it says.
Speaker 4: So whatever, but.
Speaker 6: Guys, you're you're you guys, you're kind of missing it. The bottom line is this other one doesn't say any thing about branded or hail damage. It literally says that it has I'm going back to it a go ahead. What's the term junk in salvage? That's what it says. Two salvage records reported both on ten to one twenty twenty four and they say type junkin salvage copart and those.
Speaker 5: Two were not reported on carfax.
Speaker 6: Well on eleven something on carfax was the hail report, not on ten to one. But I mean it might have taken that period of time. Okay, here's here's what we just wait. Honestly, what is her title? They look into it.
Speaker 4: Does she have a new title?
Speaker 7: No, she hasn't applied for it.
Speaker 6: She hasn't applied for it. That'll be curious. That'll be the answer. If it's branded or not. If she gets a new title and let.
Speaker 4: Her into this.
Speaker 5: Let's have Dmitri do this thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, if Mark, if you could email me all of that paperwork, including the car fax, I'll gather it all together here and call call Part part and see.
Speaker 4: If the boss and Amy, Deputy Amy, Deputy D will be working with you. So you can expect to call from who we call Deputy D. It's Dmitri three three seven one three talk. I know two for people listening.
Speaker 6: I know we sound like we're talking over each other a lot, but Tom's got a two second delay in his head.
Speaker 4: I know it sucks, man. Anyway, we do have a little bit of a delay, which makes it awkward sometimes threeo three seven one three eight two five five Michael Melly, I do have this quick this quick text though on roofing. They said that they have an ACV policy that means actual cash value. Who comes up. What they want to know is who comes up with the actual cash value.
Speaker 16: So the insurance adjusters will come out and they'll price it based on the last time that your roof was installed, and then they'd depreciated for me.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, so if you had your roofs uh ten years ago and you paid twenty grand, they take that twenty not today's price, and depreciate from today's price. They depreciate from what you paid, so you can get next to nothing for that.
Speaker 16: Well, you're gonna get next to nothing, but it is based on today's prices.
Speaker 7: So what they would pay out if it was if.
Speaker 16: They were going to replace it fully, then they'd depreciated based on it time.
Speaker 4: So I'm Tom Martino three oh three seven one three eight two five five go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content time for an insurance check up. Free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: I'm Tom Martine.
Speaker 4: Don't forget the Castle Rock Home Show this weekend.
Speaker 5: Really go get your tickets.
Speaker 4: They're free and free parking, plenty of parking Douglas County Fairgrounds. They're gonna have more than four hundred booths and they have two giant buildings, so no matter what the weather is, you can have the home show.
Speaker 5: You know what I love.
Speaker 4: About a home show I love that you can walk around in one area and get if you're if you're gonna do any remodeling, you're gonna buy a house or anything, everything's there. That's what I love about it. Even if you don't buy, at the home show, you can see everything they have to.
Speaker 5: Offer, even if you go to someone else.
Speaker 4: I mean, it doesn't mean if you stop at a booth and see something you like you gotta use that vendor. Now, I'm not suggesting you don't use them, but I'm saying it's just a one stop shop.
Speaker 5: I know I'm gonna be there. They're such fun.
Speaker 4: Castle Rockhome Show this weekend eleven through the thirteenth. That's Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and it's it's gonna be great.
Speaker 5: Douglas County Fairgrounds.
Speaker 4: Go to Castle Rawhomeshow dot com. Get your tickets Castlerockhomeshow dot com. Mark, We ought to meet because do you like home shows like I do? I mean, I love browsing what's out there and what's new, especially you guys are going through major remodeling right now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well you think you might stop buying God But yes, I do like home shows.
Speaker 5: I love them. I really do love them.
Speaker 4: So okay, back to the phones, mac what's going on with you?
Speaker 13: Mac Hey?
Speaker 9: Tom?
Speaker 17: I just wanted to reach out. A few days ago, I was listening to a phone call on your show about Mile High Honda and what an exceptional service they were doing for one of their new customers. I just bought a use Pilot, and about three weeks after I bought it, I realized that the tires were mismatched, and with the sales manager. They came two days ago, dropped off a loaner at my house and are replacing the tires and have gone above and beyond to make it right. So another kudos to mile Hi. Honda just wanted to pass.
Speaker 13: That out there.
Speaker 4: That's pretty dang cool man. No, that's really cool. And that's you know, because so many of these dealers would have just said, forget that, you know, forget that.
Speaker 5: Tell me about the pilot.
Speaker 4: I'm interested in how you how you settled on the pilot.
Speaker 17: Yeah, So Tom I had called probably a month ago we had about dash can right, telling everybody they should get one. They're great, they're p six. There's no stinky turbo that you have to deal with. It's seven passenger and the reliability is great. All you got to do is make sure you do the timing belt and.
Speaker 4: How really okay, how many miles do you? How many on yours?
Speaker 17: The one we just bought is a twenty twenty two with it's got thirty two thousand miles on.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, that's pretty low mileage.
Speaker 17: Yeah, that is good, great experience at that dealership. So I just wanted to pass it along as somebody.
Speaker 13: Well, thank you check.
Speaker 4: Out my we love we love lyric, we love hearing real life experience.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. So Michael, when can when do we start worrying about hal and when we start worrying about roofs and we always talk about hale?
Speaker 5: What else?
Speaker 4: I mean?
Speaker 5: When can be a problem? Does wind ever cause a problem? We get some maybe?
Speaker 16: I mean you've seen some of the windstorms that come through and they'll rip up some of these old roofs because in Colorado you start losing the adhesion the tar strips that attack the yeah, the shingles together, and so these older roofs they'll just start ripping off.
Speaker 4: So when you do an inspection, Let's face it, this state is different than most because we know, ever look at roofing as a purchase ever whatever, Now now I'm not saying ever. What I mean is as a market, people assume they're going to get their roof someday replaced, and it's going to be by insurance. That the idea of actually having to buy a roof puts people through the roof and it's happening. You said a lot with real estate. For example, the home inspector says the roof isn't good, or the roof is good, or the roof is this, or the roof is that.
Speaker 5: First of all, you suggest you guys will go out and do it. Do you charge for that inspection?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 4: But trolley, So, if I'm buying a house and I want to know about the roof, why would I let a home inspector. Let the home inspector do the other stuff? I call you out. And then what happens when you find the roof is simply it's simply needs replacement.
Speaker 5: I mean what happens?
Speaker 4: I mean have you ever done do you do retail jobs?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Like you.
Speaker 16: Said, the market is quickly shifting to a tail market. It is people's deductibles on their insurance policies are going to two to five percent, and with home values going through the roof five percent on a five hundred thousand dollars house, it quickly prices you out of the.
Speaker 5: So, in other words, you are buying your roof.
Speaker 4: So what do you offered to people that are cat let's just call them cash buyers retail buyers? Can you offer them something special?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 16: So you know, we we definitely offer specials to people that are new veterans, veterans, first responders, people that are on fixed incomes like those things. In fact, we just got our nonprofit up and running called the Hearts and Hammers where Hearts Hearts and Hammers, and we do grants for specifically people that are on fixed income, people that have been.
Speaker 4: Taking You mean to tell me you have a charity and you help fund that, and then when someone needs a roof and can't afford it, that's where we can if they meet the criteria, you can actually help them.
Speaker 16: Yeah, there's there's been so many people that have been taken advantage of by contractors or insurance has canceled them, or or they just got into a tight tight situation and they can't afford the roof.
Speaker 4: That yeah, we.
Speaker 16: Saw need and we decided that this would be the best avenue to help.
Speaker 4: All right, So how does someone when they're going to get a roof, how do they qualify for this grant? If they're and people, I want you to know, they're not doing free roofs. They just can't afford that. No one could do that. But they do have special cases. And what I'm trying to find out is what are those special cases?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so like how would someone qualify? In fact, we're opening.
Speaker 16: Up our next Hearts and Hammers giveaway right now, which they could go to our website and they'll see a banner.
Speaker 4: Okay, and I want to talk about that because they can get a car. No, this is a free roof. Oh wait a minute, so how's that work?
Speaker 13: Then?
Speaker 7: Yeah? So last year we did four free roofs through.
Speaker 16: Hearts and Hammers for free roofs. Dominate somebody, they can nominate themselves, can they nominate? So they nominate someone in need? Yeah, okay, even themselves yep. And then what Hearts Anddhammers dot com. No, just go to a trolley Roofing doll and you'll see that banner that that.
Speaker 4: Okay, nominate Trolleyroofing dot com. And then you click on the banner in order to nominate yourself or someone or someone else in one.
Speaker 5: And then we get all of the the applications.
Speaker 4: In and as a as a.
Speaker 16: Team, our employees, we all rate these and then vote and then we picked four winners out. We did four winners last year. I think all told, we've done fifteen or so. Yeah, no fooling. Yeah, like town's totally free, totally free, yep, just for nominating just because there's need. And they're like one lady she inherited the house she moved in. The roof was destroyed. She had a series of tarps that were directing water to a bathtub. Oh my god, you know, like it's it was just a rough place. There was another lady, you know, she was taking care of her mentally handicapped son. She was on a fixed budget, the contractor and taking advantage of her. And and so we stepped in and we said, look, let's just let's just take care of.
Speaker 4: You, all right. To find out more about nominating someone for a free roof, And that's throughout the Denver metro too. Yep. Now here's the number seven. So that's from the from Pueblo to what four Collins for yeah, we'll go up to four Collons. No, I mean, I'm just curious that, Okay. So here's the number seven one nine three seven five eight seven seven three.
Speaker 5: Now, don't nominate people there.
Speaker 4: That's if you need a roof where you want a free roof inspection? Right?
Speaker 5: Is that the right free roof inspection?
Speaker 4: Seven one nine three seven five eight seven seven three Now to nominate and to find out more about hearts and hammers, you go to Petrolleyroofing dot com p E t R A l I pet pet Raleigh, Petrolleyroofing dot com.
Speaker 5: Uh, let's go back to the phones.
Speaker 4: Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three A two five five. We'll hear from you and your problems coming up now. Genesis Total Exteriors. I said, I've known them for years and they're great people, and I want you to know they do painting as well.
Speaker 5: So so many people need painting.
Speaker 4: You don't know where to go Genesis Total Exteriors dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Paint too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two three oh three Martino THREEO three sixty two seven eight four sixty six. Step Dmitri has a follow up and we'll get to him right now. Okay, So, Deputy D this has to do with Shelley an impounded RV. Can you refresh me When did that call come in? I'm trying to find it or did Mark take it and I took it?
Speaker 7: Bro I think it was.
Speaker 4: Okay, it was Mark April third, Okay, tell me the problem.
Speaker 7: So, so Sholley called in. She was living in a dilapidated RV that got towed away by the Denver police. Oh.
Speaker 5: I remember Mark going off on this one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it.
Speaker 7: Went to the impound yard. Shelley told us that she only got fifteen minutes to I.
Speaker 4: Thought they let people do almost anything. Are they cracking down on these bandoned vehicles and stuff? Now?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean this isn't the first call like this that I worked.
Speaker 5: So there there, So she was living in it, huh and they took it away?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: They was she out like out in about somewhere or what.
Speaker 7: I think she was there at the time it was towed. But as you know, they're not going to tow a vehicle with an occupant in it.
Speaker 5: So what happened?
Speaker 7: So she went over to the Denver impound yard to get her stuff, and she said that she wasn't given enough time to get all of her stuff out of there, so she called us for help and trying to get access to that RV one more time.
Speaker 4: So you know, in a similar call, where was the RV set up that it was towed away?
Speaker 7: She didn't tell us where, but it was obviously somewhere.
Speaker 4: What kind of an RV was it? Like, like a motorized one or.
Speaker 7: Like a nineteen ninety four like Earth Van. Well I saw the title. It doesn't really say what. It just does make a model in our ears, So I have no idea. Okay, so it was a really old one.
Speaker 4: Did she even have any concern about getting the vehicle back itself? She doesn't want it back, Okay, she just wanted her stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah kind of stuff. Were we talking about.
Speaker 7: Her personal property? She I didn't really.
Speaker 5: Ask her what her cos So did she get her stuff?
Speaker 4: Well? Not yet.
Speaker 7: Because I've been working for the past couple of days. I've been working with a contact that we developed a few months ago as a result of a similar call within the Sheriff's office. And this lady has been really great to work with.
Speaker 10: Takes.
Speaker 4: I don't mean to interrupt, but it's really important to know that people have rights when it comes to that personal property.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was never in question, Okay, she wasn't denied access to it. She just claimed that she wasn't given enough time.
Speaker 5: Okay, meaning what.
Speaker 4: Not given enough time? Meaning they did away with it or destroyed it.
Speaker 7: Her sothough it only went in a few days ago, so it's still a fun What does this mean?
Speaker 4: She wasn't given enough time.
Speaker 7: Enough time within the RV to get her stuff up.
Speaker 4: Oh, they let her have access, but not the time she needed.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she said that Deputy Shelley over there gave her fifteen minutes. And you know, and by the way, fifteen minutes is the standard time frame that they give you to get in, get your stuff and get out. However, the Sheriff's office contact that we have investigated this over the past couple of days, and she said that according to the Sheriff's office records, Shelley actually showed up with an RV and another person. I mean, she showed up with a U haul truck and the second person, and she spent an hour in that RV rummaging through her.
Speaker 5: Stuff when she claimed it was fifteen minutes.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Yeah, So according to the sheriff's office, they had already really flexed the rules by giving her extra time and by allowing a second person in there, which is against their own rule.
Speaker 5: She was there for more than an hour. Did you point this out?
Speaker 4: Did you say, Shelley, you know you told us fifteen minutes and they have her record showing it was more than an hour.
Speaker 7: No, Instead of rubbing her nose in it, I said that, Look, Shelley, here are the rules. The Sheriff's office is going to give you one more chance to come in get your stuff. They're going to give you fifteen minutes, and it's got to be just you, not any not anybody.
Speaker 4: What kind of stuff does she had that would take more than an hour? And U haul van?
Speaker 7: Well, I don't. I didn't get into that because her home outside the scope. Yeah, it's her home, and it's kind of like outside the scope of what I needed to do, which is to see if I can get the Sheriff's office to get her one more chance to get some of her stuff out. So we went over the rules after the Sheriff's office explained them to me very clearly, and Shelley did agree to kind of prior to showing up over there, in her mind kind of go over her plan. What is she going to grab and where is this stuff and how is she going to get it out of the RV instead of going in to kind of look around and rummage around and then make up her mind because she's going to use up her fifteen minutes.
Speaker 4: I can't even imagine, like, okay, go ahead.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So the Sheriff's office, you know that our contact, who's a very nice lady. She takes these requests.
Speaker 4: True.
Speaker 1: Ok.
Speaker 7: She actually consults with a sheriff himself, and she said, hey, look, if Shelley shows up again, we'll give her and we'll we'll let her in one more time.
Speaker 4: And who is this woman particularly is she with the sheriff department?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, yeah, she's in the media.
Speaker 4: Ok. Yeah, as she was the last time you said something that it just dawned on me.
Speaker 6: If if we were in our bus for two month trip, we could take everything out of that, every single thing out of that in probably forty five minutes without blinking.
Speaker 4: No, I have no idea what I was taking her so long. That's that's what I'm wondering. Unless she's a hoarder and she has to go through stuff, well, not only that could be paralyzing.
Speaker 7: But yeah, I mean, if you, I mean, if you look at the situation that this lady finds herself in, which is being homeless and living in an RV, So she's probably doesn't have the wherewithal that Mark and Tom and hopefully I would have in getting my stuff out of the RV. So she's probably kind of challenged in more ways than the one you see.
Speaker 4: We help in all kinds of ways on this show. That's what I love, truly, I mean, But but where's she going to live? Now? Did she say?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 5: People? So we help every ever. We try to help in every case.
Speaker 4: Sometimes we can't help, Like if you can't go number two anymore, we just can't help.
Speaker 5: That's an inside joke. If you listen to the show.
Speaker 4: We had a guy call and he's what we call a chronic caller, not a crank caller, but a chronic caller. And his name's Drew, and he said that the pharmacist did not warn him of this particular drug he was taking, and this particularly impeded his ability to have a bowel movement, and he was dying from it. He said, now, Shannon, do you need me to telegraphic que or what I mean?
Speaker 13: I can't go number two anymore?
Speaker 4: And that's what he said on the show right there, So that could be a big problem. We never got a resolution to that one. Did we ever find out what happened? What did he want us to do? He wanted us to call the owner of that drug store chain and tell him and tell.
Speaker 5: Him go ahead, Shannon. What did he want us to tell him?
Speaker 13: I can go number two anymore?
Speaker 4: And he thought that the owner of the drug store chain would make a payment to him anyway. I'm Tom Martino three oh three, seven to one, three talks seven to one, three, eight, two, five five more. Right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey, I'm Tom Martino. You're a troubleshooter. The Official Castle Rock Home Show this weekend. Free tickets for reopen parking Douglas County Fairgrounds, four hundred, more than four hundred vendors and two giant buildings. It's really gonna be fun, but it's also cool to be in one spot and be able to compare stuff. You can say, wait, look at that floor covering over there, and then you go down the aisle look at another one, or you go across the room.
Speaker 5: I love it, I love it.
Speaker 4: Castle Rockhome Show this weekend, Douglas County Fairgrounds. Go to this website get your tickets free Castlerockhomeshow dot com. Now they're limiting those tickets, so get on there Castlerockhomeshow dot com. They're all free castle Rockhomeshow dot com. All right now, we have been taking calls, questions, complaints about all kinds of stuff and Deputy d as a follow up, I saw, well we did that follow up, oh with the RV and the sheriff's see. So basically the end result is she gets another chance. Period.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but she's got to do it the right way. She's got to She can't use follow language, she can't rummage around for an hour, and she's got to be there, in and out in fifteen minutes. So she has to have a plan. We'll see if it works out.
Speaker 4: Okay, So here's something that I think that I found shocking. What do you think in the US the income is needed to own a cheap home for home ownership, the minimum for home ownership?
Speaker 5: What do you think? What do you think the income is?
Speaker 4: Michael Malley with PETROLI you want to make Yeah, if you take the US in general and you take the average income needed four not the average well, it's called the income needed, the minimum income needed to own the average home. Mark hundreds said about it. What do you think? Oh boy, what do you think? Mike?
Speaker 7: I said? Sixty five?
Speaker 4: Get close to that, Mic Dimitri, you want to take you guys, So Michael mallieys about sixty five grand. With sixty five grand, you can almost buy a car. Hey, Dmitri, what do you think?
Speaker 7: What was the question? I was working on a case.
Speaker 4: The minimum income for the average American who wants to buy an average house in America. Now this is not Colorado.
Speaker 7: Oh, I think Micae is correct. I'm with him on that. It seems like it doesn't take much income to qualify for a mortgage.
Speaker 4: One hundred and seventeen thousand dollars. Mark said one ten. It says here the most difficult thing is qualifying and the income is one sixteen nine eighty six to afford a typical home according to bank bank Rate, which is very very accurate. So this is their twenty twenty five affordability study, and so that is a fifty percent increase since twenty twenty a fifty percent increase.
Speaker 7: Tell them that doesn't sound quite right, I.
Speaker 4: Think, why don't you talk to bank Rate, the number one survey or in America all things financially.
Speaker 7: Why don't we call one of the mortgage experts, or one of the mortgage experts such as those like the American that you're doing commercial for, or I can't remember, who's the gentleman who specializes in the revere.
Speaker 4: I remember, I want to say, John, question financing. American financing is doing home equit loans. They're also doing refis and these are people that already own the home, So that is a lot different. When you have a current loan you're paying on and you're already in it, it's.
Speaker 5: A little different.
Speaker 4: But to qualify for a home, an average couple or individual needs one hundred and seventeen thousand dollars. Now, whether you agree with that or not, I don't care. In the United States, they don't list the median, they list the low. The minimum income to qualify for an average home in America is one hundred and seventeen thousand dollars and that is done, that has done only that.
Speaker 5: They've only done one.
Speaker 4: Hundred thousand people in the survey, so maybe they're wrong about that.
Speaker 14: I'm just asking, how is the median income compared to that one hundred and sixty nine thousand.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, okay, hold on, I think I think they did talk about that.
Speaker 5: Well, but listen to this.
Speaker 4: In twenty twenty, the minimum in come was only seventy eight two hundred dollars. And by the way, if anyone wants to do research on that one hundred and seventy dollars start with bankrate dot com and find out there the way they did it. I've been using bank rate for years to find out credit cards and all that, but I imagine they can make a mistake from time to time. Now, what they say here is between elevated mortgage rates and the rise of home prices, the average person is being snuffed out of the home buying cycle to afford a typical home defined as a home at the medium national price. What do you think the median national price is of a home? Again, we may want to call someone else to verify this, but what do you think it is at this point? The median meaning the equal number of homes under and over? What do you think five forty Oh, you're so close four hundred and eighteen thousand for the median? Can you believe that? Now, we were having a conversation. I'm not going to say who it was with, but I was having a conversation the other day, and I swear to God, exact this exact wording came out in the conversation. Well, they live in this measly six hundred thousand dollars house and drive this car, and they think they're all that. Somebody said that to me the measly six hundred thousand dollars house. Do you remember when if someone lived in a six hundred thousand dollars house, it was.
Speaker 5: Like they were the bomb An show.
Speaker 4: And now they're saying they're only living in a six hundred thousand dollars house and driving this kind of car, and they think they're all that. Wow, Nobody you know, said that. By the way, I'm Tom Warts.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 4: We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Don't forget Petrolleyroofing dot com and the Castle Rockhome Show this weekend. Go to Castle Rockholmeshow dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content, wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped news needed who you don't have? Come run incious asas as we can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 3: This is the Troubleshooter Show now, Tom Martino.
Speaker 4: Hi, Tom Martina here, Welcome to the show. Three O three seven one three talk seven one three.
Speaker 5: Eight two five five.
Speaker 4: I have a Michael Mallley with me from Petrolie roofing. We're talking and a bunch of other stuff. So if you have something on your mind, give us a call. One thing we did find out and I did some research joined the break, we had a woman call in about a car issue that showed up on one thing but not on another. There are many many vinchecks you can do nowadays on a car. If you're looking to buy a car and you want to know it's history or it's pedigree. It's important to know a pedigree of a car because it tells you where it originated and where it ended up and everything in between, along with odometer statements.
Speaker 5: And stuff like that.
Speaker 4: But they're not all created equally, and I'm not sure why.
Speaker 7: But yeah, Tom, so, I've been going over the paperwork that Amy had sentence.
Speaker 4: Now, Amy bought a car. She said it was salvage, but we're having conflicting reports whether it was salvage or not. Many times a car is salvage, but it's really branded as a salvage, but not because of a wreck. It's because of hail damage, and that's called a branded title, but some states treat them all as junk.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and or more. Having dug into the paperwork that she sent, the brand on the title doesn't appear to have anything to do with hale, even though there is hail damage reported.
Speaker 4: Really, what does the brand on the title mean?
Speaker 7: Well, so it says not actual So I thought, well, maybe that means not actual mileage. So I went back over her bill of sale and there is a warning on her bill of sale that true mileage is unknown.
Speaker 4: Oh that's what there was one hundred and forty one thousand or something.
Speaker 7: Well that's what the odometer says, but the bill of sale says, hey, true mileage is unknown. And the brand on.
Speaker 4: Everything you could do wrong, she got you good wrong.
Speaker 7: So unfortunately, there is no phone number for me to call it copart. However, I did find their media contact email address and I sent them, you know, polite requests for more information on this particular car. I gave them the car ven number and the model and make and all that stuff, and so hopefully they'll get back to me. But in my experienced media relations people get back to us pretty quickly. All right, so I have another update for you.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's good.
Speaker 4: So the bottom line is is that at this point, we don't know where she stands with that car. We don't know if it's been branded or not. But the fact is this mark did you is mark on? Mark?
Speaker 9: Are you on?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I wanted to know. I wanted to know. Did you look at her sales paperwork and you said it was kind of disclosed that there was something with the title.
Speaker 6: Well, I saw that mileage thing, like Dmitri just said, But I didn't see anything about a salvage title anywhere in that paperwork.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I didn't see that either.
Speaker 4: So if it does turn out to be salvage or branded, I think we can go back to the dealer and say it was not represented properly. Now, Kachina's been trying to get the dealer on did you actually call that number?
Speaker 5: Did they answer or what Kachina they were going to get?
Speaker 4: Yeah? They hung up on me twice. Oh great, well that's different. Now, maybe we should get Dmitri to call because I've heard them keep people from hanging up saying wait, wait, wait, We just want to get your side of the story or something. I don't know how you do it, Dmitri. I'm not quoting you there, But why don't we give D the number since he's been looking into this and D, you didn't call Tri came the dealer yet, did you know?
Speaker 7: Because Kelly has been working on that. I mean, I'll be happy to give them a call, just.
Speaker 4: See if they'll come, just talk about it. So, so you didn't tell me that Kachina they hung up on you. They just shot you hung up on her, all right. She's on the line, all right. So let's get that number to D and then he can take a call. If you have any problems, give us called three or three seven one three talks seven one, three eight two, five to five. So we've been discussing the the average, not the average, the minimum income did for an average house in America. Now now it's one hundred and seventeen thousand dollars. That's a lot of money. And if you have a young couple and they wanted to double incomes. But they want to have kids. That's almost soon possibility. At this point, it's becoming very difficult now. Obviously there are isolated cases where you can have less and get a loan, and if you're already in a house and you're refine, you can get a loan. So you know, take note that right now race are coming down a bit, so we may have the FED lowering them actually because they don't want this inflation to happen or a recession. They want to try to massage those rates to keep the economy stimulated. And that's their job, is to try to control the money supply and the cost of money, and indirectly that has a big giant effect on the economy. Three zero three seven to one to three talk seven one three eight two five five. On another note, someone said, Tom, I went to the Kasrock home show once and there wasn't near one hundred booths. Are you sure there are four hundred now? I double and triple checked. There are more than four hundred vendors. It's an all time record. So if you want to see the most fabulous home show, it's this weekend. You know, downtown Denver. You know they have these home shows. There's nothing wrong with them, but parking is a pain in the ass. Safety is a pain in the ass. It's just a bad venue in my opinion. You get out to Douglas County Fairgrounds Castle Rockhome Show, you get on the weekend this week, this weekend, so if you're looking for something to do, the weather's going to be nice. But it doesn't matter. They're giant indoor buildings, more than four hundred vendors, free parking, free admission. Get your tickets at Castlerockhomeshow dot com. They have tickets, but they're free Castle Rock Homeshow dot com. Or just show up this weekend.
Speaker 5: It's Friday.
Speaker 4: It starts at noon. Okay, so it starts tomorrow, not tomorrow, but did after tomorrow at noon. Saturday it starts at ten in the morning and Sunday eleven in the morning. And that's Castle Rock Home Show dot com. And let's talk to Louise is do we have Louise on? I see there's a caller up. What's going on?
Speaker 5: Louise?
Speaker 11: Hey, Tom, A question for you is about an LLC on my name. So I used to work as a ten ninety nine contractor for a company.
Speaker 10: Yes, I think, I think.
Speaker 11: I use my LLC for three or four years, and then after that I ended up having to be a W two employee of a company. So I no longer use that LLC, but I still have my business. My business checking account opened and I was just wondering if is there anything I need to do? I need to cancel my LLC?
Speaker 4: Do I need to see now, Louise, Louise, Louise, let me explain something to you. So the LLC is like a person, and the LLC, if it's a single member LLC, it's what's called a disregarded entity. What that means is you don't have to do a separate tax return for a one member LLC. And I don't know if you used to do a separate tax return, but you don't have to. Did you used to report a separate tax return?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 7: I used to.
Speaker 11: Let's see when I did my accountant did.
Speaker 13: My taxes paperwork.
Speaker 12: It used to be one.
Speaker 11: For the LLLC and one for personal.
Speaker 4: Okay, that didn't have to happen. It could all be done on yours. But now that you've done it and you have reported, when was the last time your LLC file the tax return.
Speaker 11: I want to say probably twenty twenty was the last.
Speaker 4: Year, and you've never gotten a letter from the IRS wondering where the tax return was. Not that I remember.
Speaker 5: Good.
Speaker 4: It's a disregarded entity and most likely they realize that you did that voluntarily and there's no need to file a tax return.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: You can do one of two things, Luis.
Speaker 4: You can let it go dormant, and it'll fall out of good standing with the Secretary of State. When something falls out of good standing, it doesn't mean it's bad. It means that it hasn't filed a recent restatement of articles, because in the state of Colorado they make you yearly pay five or ten bucks to restate the articles. And all that is is you fill out, make sure the names are all you know that everything's up today, and then you pay the filing fee. It's a secret tax. Really, But did you used to do that with your LLC? You used to fill that out every year?
Speaker 11: I really don't remember having to do that, Tom.
Speaker 4: Okay, then it could be it could be. Look, no one's paying attention, But this is what you do with an LLC. With an LLC, you have a choice of leaving it dormant and not doing anything. Then let's say in the future you want to use it, you can simply go to the Secretary of State file a restatement of your articles, which is one little short form saying everything's still accurate, and.
Speaker 5: Then you have the LLC again.
Speaker 4: But if you never are going to use it, you can simply dissolve it. And dissolving it simply means you you file a dissolution online with the Secretary of State.
Speaker 5: But for the heck of it, and.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm sure if do you mind giving me the name of the LLC, the full name of it.
Speaker 11: Sure, it is Morales Consulting LLC.
Speaker 4: Is it m R R m R A elius A L E S. And it's Morales what consulting consulting LLC, consulting Comma LLC, Okay, consulting. I'm wondering if what shows up, I'm going to do it right now. So here's what it is. You did it in twenty seventeen and then they declared you. They declared you delinquent, so it's delinquent, which doesn't mean anything. And your name is Luis Antonio Morales Rodriguez and all it shows is that you have an LLC that is delinquent, meaning you haven't you haven't done any recent documents. You can leave it like that forever and nothing will ever happen. Or what you can do is dissolve it, and you would actually go on to the Secretary of State. It's Colorado SOS dot gov, and you drill down and find a dissolution and simply file it. So when people look up Morales Consulting LLC, they're going to find that it's no longer in operation.
Speaker 5: But there is no reason to do it.
Speaker 13: Okay.
Speaker 11: Now, if my business shaking account is still that's how I still have it on the bank. Do I need to switch that over to a personal account?
Speaker 9: Do you think?
Speaker 4: Yes? You should because the bank's gonna Well, you don't have to, okay, but you should because if you have checks being rich and on and off, that the IRS might start bugging you for a tax return. I just if I were you, I would file a I would file either a dissolution of the LLC or simply leave it alone. I would close that bank account and open one in your own name.
Speaker 5: Are you ever going to go off on your own? Luis?
Speaker 4: Are you ever going to go off on your own I.
Speaker 11: Really don't think so.
Speaker 4: Okay, then go ahead and just stop using it, all right, but make sure you take that bank account that can get you.
Speaker 5: Into some complications.
Speaker 4: I'm Tom Martinez three three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 5: Renew Home Innovations.
Speaker 4: They have the most beautiful bathroom remodels and the most beautiful shower enclosures. Walk in showers, giant, big rectangle, beautiful showers with this into what they have. They have this solid sheet porcelain beautiful. They line your entile shower, your entire shower never need any kind of maintenance. They can also do your backsplashes, even WAYNS coding in a bathroom, whatever you need. They have the most beautiful conversions. They do in two or three days. Renew Home Innovations dot com three oh three nine zero four two thousand Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. All right, I'm Tom Martino. You're a troubleshooter of three three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five to five.
Speaker 5: Here's a funny uh text I got Tom.
Speaker 4: The bank says I can't afford a fifteen hundred dollars a month mortgage, so instead I paid nineteen hundred in rent. I mean that's kind of funny, but it's not a lot of people say, why don't they just give me the chance to see if I make my payments? But they don't do it that way.
Speaker 5: You got to prequalify.
Speaker 4: And speaking of which, trolley roofing is with us today? And Michael Mallley, you guys are giving away car. Let's that This is exciting. So I want to get to that and then we'll cover other topics. Our number is three zero three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. All right, So what's the what's the idea of a car why are you guys giving away a car?
Speaker 7: That's a great question.
Speaker 16: So one one of the things that you know, we're we're a Christian based company, and uh so we we build our business around that.
Speaker 5: And so John three sixteen helping people.
Speaker 16: Yeah, right, And so John three sixteen says that for God still loved.
Speaker 4: The world that he gave, and so we gave, we give tons.
Speaker 5: We did free roofs.
Speaker 4: And now you're.
Speaker 16: Giving away two cars twenty twenty four Toyota four Runner Tierty pro.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, they're giving it away, Dmitri.
Speaker 5: And then he loves giving a.
Speaker 16: Twenty nineteen BMW I eight beautiful vehicles that if you referred to someone who did business with us, or if you do business with us, you're automatically entered into the giveaway. And then we draw in at the end of May, we're going to do the drawing and we give it away. And so now people could take a cash prize. We had somebody to take a cash prize instead last year. And I'm kind of I've been driving around that I eight.
Speaker 7: And I'm kind of really nice.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I'm hoping somebody takes the cash prize instead.
Speaker 4: Of really a nice car.
Speaker 1: Isn't it?
Speaker 5: So what do they do to enter?
Speaker 4: Then they they're either a customer a past customer referred to you. Is there somewhere they can go and fill anything out?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 16: If you again, go to our website patrolleyroofing dot com and you can either refer a customer through there or you can ask for a quote yourself.
Speaker 7: But you know, we we want to saw them.
Speaker 4: On a front page here and it says it says great give back or great Big give back number two and it talks about the cars. Click here to learn more. That's what you And then when you click that, it says for trolleyproofing probably presents great big give back number two, Great big give back. And then they gave away six sixty five thousand dollars four Bronco to Jenny. And there's a picture. Man, that's a nice Bronco.
Speaker 7: It was beautiful.
Speaker 4: And then you gave away other kinds of what's that call? You gave away all kinds of other prizes that that kind of Yep.
Speaker 16: So that's the BMW I eight and then right next to it you can see the orange and yellow as the Now.
Speaker 5: This this what is this wrapped in this BMW.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it's it's like a fighter jet style rap and we could either leave it on for the person or we'll have it removed. It's what's the color of money, It's white with the blue accents.
Speaker 4: How long do those raps last that go over the whole entire car.
Speaker 16: That'll last probably five to seven years, no fooling. Yeah, yep, And so we did it just to protect it. Yeah, you know while we're giving it, because I hate to give away something that's damaged.
Speaker 4: That's a beautiful car.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 16: It's really exciting to be able to pour back into the communities. And you could choose any roofing company, but there's some things that just distinguish us from the competitions, and this is one of them.
Speaker 4: Is we reinvest in the community. Okay, we have Deputy Chopper on who wants to uh talk to Chopper I'm going to do this after the break to give you more time.
Speaker 5: What was the problem? Can you just recap what the problem was?
Speaker 15: Well, the problem was kind of the caller, but she had a car that caught fire and blow.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, we'll get to that. Oh now I remember, So we'll get to that call coming up right after this I'm Tom Martine. Don't forget the Castle Rockhome Show Castlerockholmeshow dot com this weekend. Free tickets Okay, you don't have to pay anything more than four hundred vendors and two giant buildings. Free tickets, free parking, and it's wide open parking. You love Castle Rock the Douglas County Fairgrounds. Go to Castlerockhomeshow dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martinez, here's three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 5: Louise has a question.
Speaker 4: On an extended warranty on Oh no, no, okay, this is another Louise Sorry or Louise, do you have a question about your extended warranty?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 9: Yes, sir?
Speaker 5: Right dude, all right, go ahead, sir.
Speaker 11: So, I have a twenty twenty three Ford F one fifty that the extended warranty factory warranty you expired the truck crew he has fifty six thousand miles on it, and okay, keeps Ford keep sending me emails to renew the extended warranty with them, And I was just calling to see if you have any suggestion on what companies, Yes, would be better.
Speaker 4: If you Okay, here, here's what I'm going to tell you, Louise. If You're going to do any kind of an extension of a warranty, the first of all, I wouldn't do it personally. But if you want to do it, the only one I would do it.
Speaker 5: With is the manufacturer.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I would go to Ford and I would take them up on it.
Speaker 5: What are they suggesting? How much is it going to cost you?
Speaker 11: I really haven't even bug to find out with them.
Speaker 4: Well, let's put it this way. Do you do you want to extend a warranty? Have you used it a lot? The warranty?
Speaker 10: I no, I have not used it at all.
Speaker 11: But I'm just afraid because I have heard from other friends that I know they have had issues with transmission problems on these trucks.
Speaker 4: I don't I want to tell you something, Louis. This is really important that you know this. This is kind of complicated, so I want to explain this to you. There is a sneaky way, there's a straightforward way.
Speaker 5: First to sell the warranty.
Speaker 4: A straightforward way is to take today's mileage and add to it. So they say, okay, your mile how many miles do you have on it?
Speaker 13: Fifty six thousand?
Speaker 4: What was the warrant you up to? How many miles? Forty eight thousand?
Speaker 11: H No, it was actually thirty six thousand or three years.
Speaker 4: Okay, So you were covered up to thirty six thousand miles and three years. You went beyond that and you have fifty six thousand miles or whatever. So the straightforward way to sell a warranty would be to say you have coverage up to one hundred thousand miles and so many years period, and then you would have that coverage up to however, one hundred one thousand miles, okay, or seventy five thousand miles or ninety thousand miles, but there would be a definite mileage number that you have coverage two along with a calendar number one year, two year, three year, whatever.
Speaker 5: That's the straightforward way of buying it.
Speaker 4: Then you can say, okay, I'm going to be covered for this many miles for this much money period. Now there's another way to sell warranties that is sneaky. Now I'm telling you they do it, and it is the most outrageous thing you can imagine. But they may come to you, Luis and say, we're going to sell you a six year warranty, or we're going to sell you a five year warranty, or we're going to sell you an eight year warranty. And in the small print it says that the warranty begins at your in service date and goes for that length of time. So let's say you have a three year old truck and you buy a five year extended warranty that is not really a five year warranty if it goes back to your in service date, you're only getting two additional years. And then you say, wait a minute, how the hell can you sell me a warranty? And call it a five year warranty when I'm only getting an additional two years, And they say, oh, it goes back to your in service date, because technically, if anything was going wrong back then and it manifests now, we should be paid for that previous period of time.
Speaker 5: So they call it a five.
Speaker 4: Year warranty and it's a two year warranty. Don't buy a warranty that has an in service date prior to the time you had the warranty. Don't do it. So the only way I would buy an extended warranty is number one from the factory. Number two clearly stated the amount of miles it will cover or the calendar time, and never buy one that is retroactive. It is the most ridiculous thing in the world, but they do it all the time. Do you understand all that, Yes, sir.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's the way I would do it.
Speaker 4: So if you're but if you if you don't even use a warranty, that money probably would be better spent on just preventive maintenance.
Speaker 5: Just take care of your vehicle.
Speaker 4: Now, does that mean you won't have a catastrophic failure? Once in a while, you do, but most of the time you can track catastrophic failures to abuse most of the time, in fact, probably ninety nine point nine percent of the time. If you take care of your vehicle with with being religious on maintenance and repairs and the proper lubricants and the proper scheduling of maintenance, you're never gonna have a problem with that car. And that I'm telling you, You're never going to have a problem if you do it that way.
Speaker 5: Three oh three.
Speaker 4: Seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. So Dmitri, do you have an update with Amy and her a BMW.
Speaker 7: You know, a few minutes ago we talked. We talked with Kelly who's been hung up on by by car Pros over there and Goal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because car Pros holder a car and we're trying to figure out is it salvage or not.
Speaker 7: Well, we're also trying to figure out if it's if it was a branded title or not because I'm meaning from hail damage or for any other reason. It turns out that the state of Colorado does require a branded title disclosure. I'm looking at this statement at the form right now.
Speaker 4: So a branded title would include salvage as well, he.
Speaker 7: Would include salvage, would include true mileage unknown, it would.
Speaker 4: Include and it must be disclosed.
Speaker 7: It must be disclosed and this form has to be provided. Now form was not in any of the paper the Amy had sentis So I called Nash over at car Pros and Golden and I said, hey, man, I'm not going to point the finger at you. I'm just trying to figure out if this car had either a salvage or a branded title. And he says, well, it's not a branded title. No, no, I'm sorry, I misspoke. He said it is not It is not a salvage title. And I said, well, is it a brand Did it come with a branded title? And he refused to answer that question. He says, no, you know, uh, And I'm paraphrasing, we hold client confidentiality and very high A lot be a complete BS. He's pretending like it's some kind of hippo regulated Yeah, maybe he heard it from his not.
Speaker 4: Allowed to talk about this under SO and so private. A lot of them call it to talk about the Privacy Act.
Speaker 5: They'd have no idea what that means.
Speaker 4: There is a privacy Act, but it has nothing to do with talking about a deal.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he didn't mention the privacy act. But he pretended like this is some kind of super confidential.
Speaker 4: He's basically being us.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's kind of the idea I got you.
Speaker 4: So maybe the dealer is crooked. Well, you know, because since since he won't talk about it or come on, I can only assume he's hiding something he could talk to you.
Speaker 5: Off the air.
Speaker 7: It's not a good look. Let me tell you that.
Speaker 4: That's car Pros. We better warn people about car Pros. Okay, I'm done with car Pros. I'm done with them playing playing the the Huci Coucie game and the Peekaboo. Basically, we're not look at. We don't even know if they sold it with a branded title or not. But I will tell you this that the guy won't even.
Speaker 5: Talk about it. He's afraid to talk about it.
Speaker 4: And I think Amy's got some case here because they won't even address it.
Speaker 5: Do you have their number over.
Speaker 4: At car Pros. I think people should give him an on air review. Now listen, what I mean by that is, don't be rude, don't be vulgar, but tell him, look, this is not a good look. You sold a car with a messed up title. This woman you know now has a rotten engine, and it was not disclosed to her that much we know. It was never disclosed to her of a branded title or a salvage title whatsoever. And he claims it doesn't have a branded or salvage.
Speaker 7: She told me does not have a salvage title. He would not answer my question when I asked whether or not it had a brand.
Speaker 4: Because he had to disclose a branded title as well.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm looking at the actual form that the state provides for that kind of disclosure.
Speaker 4: Okay, So car Pros is the name of these clowns. Yeah, so what tell me the go gone give it? Give their number out?
Speaker 7: Well, the number people should know about it that it was seven two zero nine nineteen fifteen seven to zero nine nine nine nineteen fifty.
Speaker 4: Trying to find Amy's problem. Damn it, So I can put I can make notes in here.
Speaker 7: So my next call is to the dealer, licensing authorities and so to see if I can pick up some information on what kind of title did this car really come with? And I also want them to clarify for me whether or not the dealer should have if there was anything that the dealer should have disclosed but didn't.
Speaker 4: So Is it safe to say he was coy?
Speaker 7: Yeah? I mean when he refused. They haven't discuss this topic with me. I think that's the definition of.
Speaker 4: Koy, isn't it. And did you tell them that she called us for help?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, I want to give out their number again, and I want to say it's car Pros. And where are they located?
Speaker 10: Do we now?
Speaker 7: They're in Golden They're somewhere in McIntyre Street over there, which is just kind of like.
Speaker 5: Car Pros and Golden?
Speaker 4: And what's the phone number?
Speaker 7: The number where I called Nash and he answered was seven two zero nine nine nine nineteen fifteen.
Speaker 5: Okay, So here's what we know people.
Speaker 4: And by the way, there may be nothing wrong with this deal for all we know.
Speaker 7: I agree, But I.
Speaker 4: Know one thing. Amy's got a suspicious title. No matter how you look at it, it's suspicious, and she doesn't know what to do.
Speaker 5: Now she does have a blown engine.
Speaker 4: Oddly enough, had they disclosed everything on their sale, she would have been stuck with a bad engine. Right now. We have reason to believe this is a branded title and it was not disclosed to her. That's what we have reason to believe. We would like to know otherwise. But when we call car Pros in Golden and who'd you talk to? Nash? His name?
Speaker 5: Well, who is Nash?
Speaker 4: The manager?
Speaker 7: I didn't ask him?
Speaker 4: Okay, So we tried to talk to Nash at seven to zero nine nine nine, nineteen fifteen. He was very coy, would not address it, and kind of alluded to the fact that it's kind of like Hippa. I mean, the guy is an idiot. So what we want to know, does Amy have a branded title? If so, why did you not disclose it? Well, we know it's branded because it says it's branded in the paperwork, and he hasn't disclosed it. Don't we know it's branded or not?
Speaker 7: Well, according to the reports from Bumper, it's branded. There was no mention of branding on Carfax's right. So I'm waiting to hear from Copart to see if they know anything about this title. I sent them to vin.
Speaker 6: Car Pros bought it from Copart. You should reach out to the dealer board to Dimitri.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, it's the Chasso or Chaffo or something like that.
Speaker 4: It's a deal licensing board. Yeah, the Colorado Dealer Licenses. That's what they're actually called Okay, it's dealer licensing board, is what I know.
Speaker 7: So I'll see if they can if they can help us by taking a look at this deal to see if there was any paperwork.
Speaker 4: But you know, Nash, this print just because you don't want to talk doesn't mean it goes away. Nash at car Pros and Gold and it doesn't go away. We get onto something that have pitbull, it doesn't go away. Seven to zero nine nine nine, nineteen fifteen. Is car Pros avoid them like the plague. If they would do it to this deal, who knows how many people they would try to screw. That's my opinion based on the facts we have, and Nash, you're perfectly welcome to add to those facts as you see them. But for now, he just wants to hide his head in the sand. So here's the number for that phone under the sand in the in the hole. Seven to zero nine nine nine, nineteen fifteen. Car Pros avoid them. This seems like they sold a branded title without disclosed.
Speaker 5: We have more coming up.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's go back to.
Speaker 4: The phones and find out what's in your mind. Pete, you have a question about small business.
Speaker 5: Then we'll go to Deputy Chopper, Deputy Mimitry.
Speaker 4: We have kinds of all kinds of follow ups going on. So what's going on?
Speaker 5: Chopper?
Speaker 4: I mean, excuse me, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Pete?
Speaker 18: Hey, Tom, So, I own a small business here in Ourvada run a small plumbing business. I'm my home and uh you know, I'm legit with IRS and state and everything. Been doing this for years. I've been getting mail from for another business with my address on it. The new business that started up and.
Speaker 4: Eight month wait, the only thing that it has your address on it.
Speaker 7: Oh, I've dealt with two of these.
Speaker 4: And then all right, hold on a second.
Speaker 5: Do you hear the music?
Speaker 4: So we're running out of time. This could be very important because a lot of US scammers are using existing addresses. Plus Dmitri has experience with this, So hang on and Chopper, hang on, we'll get to you as well. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ripped of new needs so you don't have a cam.
Speaker 4: Run anxious as fast as we can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 3: Man six is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 5: No Tom Martino, Hey Tom Martino.
Speaker 4: Here This hour brought to you by Castle Rock Home Shows. Yeah you go to the Castle Rock Home Show this weekend, free parking, free tickets. You don't even have to mention Martino Castle Rock Homes Show dot com all weekend, more than four hundred participants in two giant buildings, all inside climate controlled All right, let's go to the phones really quickly here, Pete. You had a small business question, so go ahead. Well, let's let's take that up now, Go ahead, Pete.
Speaker 18: So, yeah, like I said, I have small business here in Nevada, and I've started getting mailed bout eight months ago from this for this other small business, uh with my address on it, and you know, I was sending it back to post office and everything, and it has my exact address, but another business company's name. And then recently, this last week, we got a letter and it was had my wife's name on it, so she opened it and it is from the Electronic Federal Tax payment system and setting up their tax.
Speaker 4: Yep, somebody's setting up a scam. D What do you what do you know about this? D? Yeah?
Speaker 7: So this is the third call we got just like this over the past few months, that's right. And the first two calls, what I is I looked up that business at the car to Secretary of State's office, and sure enough it had the caller's address. Completely unrelated business, and both of those registrations were filed by people from China. So, Pete, have you looked up this business at the secretary of State's office? I'm and was it filed by somebody from No?
Speaker 10: I Google?
Speaker 18: No, No, it's a furniture shop on Instagram. But no, I didn't go to the sexudate for this.
Speaker 4: All they're doing listening, all they're doing is spoofing addresses. Well, believe it or not, I'm just saying in some cases it doesn't mean it's a scam. Let's say somebody did that Instagram thing and they have to give an address, they pick a random address, or they pick an address in the area they're doing business. I'm not saying that it isn't a scam. It very well could be, but that doesn't always mean it means somebody is just short circuiting the system. They won't they don't want to give out a real address, and they feel if the Instagram company goes under, then no body you'll have recourse. Because many of these Instagram companies I found buy products for just Instagram fill a few orders and then disappear.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, de Tom.
Speaker 7: The previous two callers said they're also receiving letters from the I R. S. Pete, are you getting letters from the IRS addressed to this business?
Speaker 18: I got one from the Electronics Federal Tax Payment System saying that but not in number, the text identification number and everything. But it's that company's name, but now it has my wife's name on it as well.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Yeah, Hey, so listen if you want, if.
Speaker 4: You want to. What does he do about it? Though?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 7: So, here's what the previous two callers did and it worked out for them. So, first of all, Pete needs to figure out if they registered this business at the Corridor Secretary of State's office. That's very easy to do, and Pete, if you're not sure how to do it, I'd be happy to do it for you. Then they both contacted the Secretary of State's office who's aware of this kind of a problem going on, and they said the investate it and delete that that you know that that business now, Pete, the other thing that you got to start doing is don't don't return that mail. Start opening all of it to see if there's some kind of a scamming process that's going to involve you. So start reading all that mail.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah you can.
Speaker 5: What are you kidding me?
Speaker 7: If it's a dressing Yeah yeah, start opening all that mail because you're going to start getting mail from the I R S. You're going to start getting it from other taxing authorities and god knows who else. Maybe maybe they're applying for loans and using your address. So you need to know what's going on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that could be a lot of trouble for you. Definitely start investigating, be proactive about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, don't return this mail three all three.
Speaker 4: Seven on three talks seven on three and two five five. We have to say goodbye to Michael O'Malley pretty soon. So trolliyroofing dot com. Uh, you go there to enter for the giveaway?
Speaker 5: What what?
Speaker 4: What? What else did you want to talk about.
Speaker 5: Before you leave?
Speaker 16: Hey, just a like a consumer awareness thing. When you guys are updating your homeowner insurance, be careful to make sure insurance companies aren't sliding anything past you, like.
Speaker 4: The actual cash values deductibles exactly like that, or actual cash value coverage.
Speaker 16: Or they're changing your deductibles from a flat deductible to a percentage deductible, because that's gonna get really costly, and it might seem like it saves you money in the short term, right, But if you need somebody to look over what your your roof coverages and you want to send it over to Petrolley Roofing, we're happy to take a look and help you guys walk through that so that when the storms come, because they always come in Colorado, that you're prepared and you're not surprised.
Speaker 4: Seven nine three seven five eighty seven seventy three Ptrolleyroofing dot Com. Thank you for being here, Michael appreciated. Okay, Ronnie, what's going on with you? Ronnie?
Speaker 19: Yeah, I had called you last week and we got chefs on the phone and they said it was going to help me out. We was gonna Zolby, but then when they got me on the phone, they said the price was still what it was.
Speaker 4: And Ronnie, I'm trying to find I'm trying to find your call.
Speaker 5: I do recall it.
Speaker 4: I'm just trying to find my notes on it. Did you use the name Ronnie when you called in? Yes, Okay, let me find your call here. And this was Yeah, I'm trying to find it. Bro I'm just not finding it. Do you recall does anyone recall this call? Who called Tesla for you? Ronnie?
Speaker 5: Who called Tesla for you?
Speaker 4: Mark might have taken this call, because I don't have any notes.
Speaker 13: I think it was either you or somebody on your team.
Speaker 6: I don't recall a call, Okay, I don't recall the call anywhere.
Speaker 4: I'm looking for it here, Ronnie. So so what just tell me the original problem. I'm sorry to make you have to do this. What was the original problem?
Speaker 13: Original problem was?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 4: Here, it is? Here it is You hired Tesla to replace one solar panel.
Speaker 5: They damaged it, right.
Speaker 13: They damaged my roof.
Speaker 4: Yes, they damaged your roof and you had estimates of around twelve thousand for repairs. That's hard to believe. Man, Wait a minute, Wait a minute, Wait a minute. Who damaged your roof?
Speaker 13: Tesla? When they came out and switched out my damaged solar panel, they damaged my roof. Did not kill me. And that's the reason why the inside of my house got damaged.
Speaker 5: I don't know here here. I don't understand.
Speaker 4: First of all, you say the inside of your house, So you say your roof was damaged, so it leaked, and then it did damage on the inside of your house.
Speaker 13: Yes, because they didn't kill me.
Speaker 15: They didn't kill it.
Speaker 4: I get it. Brother. Maybe they didn't know. Is it possible they didn't know that they that they What did they do to your roof? What was the actual damage they did?
Speaker 13: They put holes in my roof hole and.
Speaker 4: Over there, well, they always put holes.
Speaker 13: They replaced the solar pad solar When.
Speaker 4: You say they put holes in your roof, of course they did, that's how. And then they they usually seal them. But do you know what he's talking about.
Speaker 7: Usually if they're running the it's it's one or two things.
Speaker 16: Either they're fastening the or fixing the panels to the roof and they didn't seal that well. Or where the the electricity comes up through the roof. That's that wasn't sealed correctly, and so you're going to get water in through there.
Speaker 4: So But but the roof dam the roof damage yourself can't possibly be twelve thousand. So are you saying it's for the inside of your house too, Yeah, it's for both. Let me ask you this, how long ago did they replace that panel?
Speaker 13: This was the summer, not last year, but the year before that.
Speaker 4: No, you're not going to get those damages, man, You're just not going to get them. If you hired Tesla to replace the solar panel in the summer of twenty three, you can't come after them now and say that they caused this damage to you.
Speaker 5: When did you discover the damage.
Speaker 13: The hailstorm that happened last summer?
Speaker 4: Well, how do you know it wasn't the hailstorm that caused the damage, because did you get paid from your wait, did you get paid Did you get paid from your insurance for the hail damage and the interior damage?
Speaker 5: Then did you get paid for it?
Speaker 4: No, sir, sir, Why didn't you put in a hail claim if you had a hailstorm?
Speaker 13: Whiche? Okay I did and when we went up there, we went up there, we've seen the damage. But before we've seen the damage, my wife called me and was like it waters coming through the roof.
Speaker 4: I said, no, okay, Ronnie through the roof, Ronnie, Ronnie.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna let me explain a few things to you.
Speaker 4: If you had work done in the summer of twenty twenty three and did not notice damage until twenty twenty five, You're gonna have a hard time saying because that was damaged back in twenty three and it sat there for two years, you want to be paid every dime. I'm gonna tell you, if you had a hailstorm and that caused you to go up on the roof, there's every bit of a chance you can get that covered by your insurance under the hail claim if you have a If you put in a claim, did anyone fix your roof for the hair damage? Not?
Speaker 13: Yeah, because I'm using dura using there's done a figure.
Speaker 4: What is dura? Do you have homeowner's insurance, Ronnie?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Your homeowner's insurance will write you a check. Why are you not putting an acclaim with your homeowner's insurance?
Speaker 6: I'd call Red Rocks as well, my home they were already on.
Speaker 13: Sorry to me a ten thousand dollars deductible, which I did. We didn't make that make no ten thousand dollars, Ronnie. That's a whole different deal, different.
Speaker 4: Deal, Ronnie. It sounds to me like you just got caught in today's world. Okay, you must have agreed to the ten thousand dollars deductible when they renewed it and you didn't realize it. I'm not saying you wanted a ten thousand deductible, but I guarantee you they have paperwork to show you agreed to it. Michael'malley from Trolie Roof and was just talking of that they sneak these things in upon renewal. So here's what happened. You have roof damage that you can get fixed, and you have a ten thousand dollars deductible you can't pay. Did Dura say they would help pay for your ten thousand dollars deductible?
Speaker 13: They said that they will help my roof room.
Speaker 4: Okay, well they're not going to help do your roof if you have insurance.
Speaker 5: So I don't know where the hell you're finding that out.
Speaker 4: They're not going to do your roof if you are covered by homeowners insurance, Dura will not do your roof. I'm sorry, but they're not going to do your roof. They might pay help you pay the deductible. But here's another thing. I don't understand. You're trying to collect from Tesla, you're trying to collect from Dura plus you have insurance. I mean, you know, I don't know what you're trying to do, but you're not going to get paid from Tesla. You know, you can't say after after three years or two years, that Tesla's to blame. It's never going to hold water. You're not going to do it. You're not going to do it.
Speaker 13: This how it what? You can't know?
Speaker 4: I know this?
Speaker 13: How I know that summer when they damaged my room.
Speaker 4: And if they did not damage your roof, if they installed they insult solar panels. How did they damage your roof? You said they put holes in it? How can they attach them without putting holes in it?
Speaker 13: Those holes in the nice size where it damaged the inside of my house.
Speaker 7: But what I'm telling, okay, yeah, they could have not sealed it.
Speaker 4: Here's what I don't understand. When he says they put holes in his roof and they're attaching solar panels, does he mean extra holes? They just drilled some extra holes for the hell of it.
Speaker 16: They ran the conduit for the electric to go up. And if they don't seal it correct right.
Speaker 4: That's right? Yeah, But I I say it could have been sealed correctly. It could have been the hillstorm that did it.
Speaker 16: Sure, Now what I would recommend is your guy over that does helocks, Yes, like that's one of the ways that people are overcoming these large, these large deductibles. Get a helock where you can pull it out, because those fin the financing is much better than whatever financing you're gonna get with criminal rates through other people.
Speaker 4: Or credit card.
Speaker 16: So so get a helock. That's what partly what it's for. But I guarantee that red Rock would be able to Ronnie.
Speaker 4: I just Ronnie, listen, man, I just need to be straight with you. If they did not seal those holes properly, you would have known it way before twenty twenty five. You would have known it if the wrong tree on that one, you really would have known about it way sooner. You can't just go back two years later and say, wait a minute, you guys never sealed this hole properly. Well, of course they did, or you would have had leaking way before then.
Speaker 5: You would have.
Speaker 4: I think you're gonna lose the Tesla battle. If they offered you three grand I would grab it. I really would. And I'm sorry if I did not give you that impression. But if they simply did your panels and now you're having leaking due to a hailstorm. Pursue the hell claim through Dura. I don't know how you're gonna get Dura to pay for it, but apparently you said you are. I don't think you're gonna get any more than three grand from Tesla three O three seven one three eight two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter. Don't forget castle Rockhome Show this weekend. Castlerockhomeshow dot Com.
Speaker 5: Will get you those tickets.
Speaker 4: Castlerock Home Show dot Com four hundred vendors or more, actually more than four hundred two giant buildings, free parking, free tickets. That's castlerockhomeshow dot com. Let me go back to the phones and Deputy Chopper has a follow up.
Speaker 5: Deputy Chopper, which one was this Marissa?
Speaker 4: She had? I guess what happened was on the eighteenth she was hit by a car when she was on her scooter. The woman took off and was later found, but Marissa was given the ticket and she.
Speaker 5: Thought that was unfair.
Speaker 4: But apparently they said she was at fault and then she was in the ICU resulting from a serious injury. She got an attorney and somehow received four thousand dollars. Now I don't know how she did that if she was deemed to be at fault. But then she bought a car with her settlement money in February, put down five grands, financed seven and was screwed on that deal. So this is another eternal victim. What did you find out, Maris about Marisa Chopper?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I'm only dealing with the car deal, not the being on the scooter. I called the clock okay, good car department because she said that car caught fire at I twenty five and eight, and they have an I twenty five and eight, just like dem ver does. However, the fire department had no record of it. But she also set a tow truck arrived before the fire department and told the car off and Tom. In my thirty six plus year the fire department probably is the first people on the scene. Never a tow truck that would be there and tow off the car. So I called the towing company. They won't call me back. I did get a hold of the auto place where she bought the car, because I think you were the one that said, and you were correct, you don't get a car or you don't buy a car and take it off the lot without having full insurance. So I talked Tozy Breezy auto shop or auto store on Cofex. They were very helpful. Yes, but she bought the car on twelve sixteen, so that yeah, that's about four months ago. And she did have full insurance with a company called risk In Riscal West Insurance. I've called them, they haven't called me back yet. The other thing is she's up to date with the insurance according to the auto store. However, they did tell me in the meantime that she had some friend of hers, let's call it a h Tree mechanic work on that car, and they even paid three hundred dollars out of the six hundred dollars cost that he did on the car to fix it. So I'm not so sure what you can claim that.
Speaker 4: I think Marissa, if you want to know the truth, if you want to know the truth, I think Marissa is her own worst enemy. First of all, she knows nothing about anything she just did. So she ended up buying a car. Now, maybe she overpaid for the car, whatever, but she claims the car was defective from the get go and they knew it. She claims she was screwed also by the by the the accident. You know this woman, I just don't get any of it. I don't get any of it, and I don't know if we can really help her. Right now, she has full insurance on that car. She can get it fixed. I don't know why she's calling us. I think she wants out of the car deal.
Speaker 15: Well that's over four months ago. I am trying to get some assistance from the they changed their name, the Legal Center for Disability, see if they may the sister or she needs to go back to her attorney. Because I agree with you, Tom, I won't keep on it. But there's not too much idea.
Speaker 4: You First, her story doesn't make sense. What she said was she was given a ticket and found liable for the accident where that woman hit her. So how did she collect four grand? And her occupant on the scooter, who was not hurt, got twenty thousand. So I don't even know how that happened. How did that person get twenty grand and she get four I think we should ask the attorney. Then she takes the four grand, and then she gets screwed on a car deal. So this girl gets screwed everywhere she looks. Everywhere she looks, somebody is doing it wrong. She said, the woman hit her and took off. Yet this woman gets the ticket. Marissa gets the ticket. Marissa says she was that fault, but her and her passenger was not hurt, but got twenty grand and Marissa got four grand. Marissa takes the four grand and buys a car and is screwed on the car deal. The car is in an accident, which she says is not her fault, and now the insurance won't pay for it. What's that right? The car? You know?
Speaker 5: Yeah, out of a clear blue sky, a claw fire.
Speaker 4: And this is after her friend worked on it.
Speaker 7: Hey, gentlemen, I think I think one or more of us might be conflating two terms, insurance company and auto warranty company.
Speaker 4: So auto warranty she didn't have a warranty. Well, why an.
Speaker 7: Insurance company paid three hundred dollars towards some mechanic bill?
Speaker 4: An insurance company did, the dealer did, or the dealer did.
Speaker 7: Now, the other insight I can offer is that auto insurance compent collision does not cover cars that burned down from a mechanical malfunction. No, they want you. Brian Burns could help us success. Yes, So what does she want from the insurance company?
Speaker 4: She wanted her car fixed because of the fire?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, they're not going to do that if it was from a fule leak or something like that.
Speaker 4: All right, we got to take a break. I'm Tom martine go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Don't forget the castle Rock Home Show this weekend. I love this show. It's one of the best home shows you're ever going to see, Way better than the one in Denver in my opinion. Castlerockholmeshow dot com for free tickets and parking and details. More than four hundred booths and they'll all be set up in the Douglas County Fairgrounds and two giant buildings, so rain or shine you can get your keyster over there and have a great time. I'm going to be there, all right, Deputy Chopper. This Marissa thing, I think we've out. I think we've done all we can. What do you think?
Speaker 15: I agree with you, Tom. I will refer to the legal center if they call me back. Yeah, that's about the best I can see.
Speaker 13: She just.
Speaker 4: I think I don't what is new way of that? She's slow? I'm serious about that. I'm not trying to make fun of anyone. What's the best way to put that? Does she have learning difficulties or I don't even know proper terms nowadays. For God's sakes, she.
Speaker 15: Claims that she has disabilities, that she's done like SSI or however they refer to it. Okay, there is okay. She did give my heart, Tom and I gotta say one thing. She was down at in Pueblo picking up clothes to bring back for her mom's funeral today, and so that's why I tried the they helped her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, no, I feel sorry for her. I really do, Marissa. It's just that everywhere she turns, she's getting taken advantage of. And again I've often said this, there need to be better laws to protect people at risk, because people at risk can literally walk into a place and be taken advantage of and there's no recourse. They don't even know they've been taken advantage of. There should be swift and really severe penalties for people who even engage in business with people at risk. And it's like when a bartender overserves someone at a bar. How does he know when that person is intoxicated? I don't know, but there is some kind of standard because they get sued enough for doing it, So shouldn't there be a standard for conducting business with people that they should have a minimum amount of intellect to do business with. Does that sound harsh? I mean that, I really, honest to God, mean it that. I've often said this, just because someone is intellectually challenged, it should not be all all's fair in love and war. It shouldn't be that you get to take advantage of them. We one time had a woman who was challenged go into a car dealer ship and she paid thirty two thousand dollars for a car that was advertised on the internet from that same dealer. The same exact car and unit number was advertised at fourteen five. This woman was sold the car for thirty two thousand. The dealer at the time was Don Massey. I called him Don MESSI that dealer. There was a sales manager there who said, well, she was willing to pay it. And I said, if you were offering this for fourteen five or fifteen grand, where did the price of thirty two thousand come in? And they said, well, we made We gave her the price and she accepted it, and I said, well that's wrong, and she didn't know what she was buying. On top of that, She bought every bit of credit, life and disability. You could get every kind of add on you could buy, you know, like mop and glow. We call it paint protecting, fabric protectant, windshield glass protection, all of the crap. This woman walked out of there with a packed deal of thirty two grand. We undid the deal, but at the time the guy basically said, we're not doing anything wrong. She was willing to pay it because she was stupid. She was stupid. We had another stupid person go to charity. Excuse me, what was the name of it. It was a Dodge dealer. They're out of business. It was the Fitzgerald family up north. I forget the name of the Dodge dealer. They lost their dealership. They were so bad. It was the Fitzgerald family, I remember the name. They were taking advantage like that all the time of people. If people came in that were intellectually challenged, they looked at it as extra profit. Now you may be sitting there thinking, Tom, what am I supposed to do If somebody wants to buy something and they're willing to pay a certain price, what am I supposed to do? Not sell it to them? I think that we have an obligation to look at who we're doing business with and to make discernments and judgments. I do financial advisement, you know, Wave eight wealth management. If someone came to me and I thought they were dim witted and I could take advantage of them, and they want to invest in something that pays you know, a lot, you know that, I don't know. We don't make commission anyway, So but they want to invest with and I didn't think it was wise, and I thought maybe they should have something more conservative, but I talk into something high risk because they're dim witted. I think that any we have a responsibility to our fellow man. That might sound old fashioned, but I truly believe that. And I don't know if a government can even make a law that way. But there are take there are laws now for taking advantage for people at risk, but they're hazy. They don't deal with cars, and they don't deal with everyday practical things. More and more people are taking advantage by car dealers than any other segment. Any other segment car dealers, and then in the retirement realm, people who sell one product and one product alone. Beware of any financial advisor or any person in finance or in retirement that sells one product because they must sell that one product doesn't have standard reason. Now, some of them are nice enough and good enough to say this product is not appropriate for you.
Speaker 5: But there are others.
Speaker 4: Who when you go to them, they're going to sell you that one product if their life depends on it. Beware. I'm Tom Martinez. We have more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excelroofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two Frank durand the real Estate Man dot com. He'll do a market evaluation of your home. If you're thinking about selling, he can go in and do an analysis of what you'll net on that house based on Comp's neighborhoods supplying demand interest rates, all of that. Frank will do it all free of charge, complimentary, whether you use him to list it eventually or not. He really, honest to God, does a great job and expects nothing in return. Frank durandirealestate Man dot Com three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. All right, listen, I want to recap what I call Boso of the day, and I'm calling Boso of the day today Nash at car Pros in Golden and here's basically the story. Amy in January paid fifty six sixty eight for a US twenty eleven BMW three thirty five I at car Pros and Golden. She took a road trip to North Carolina and in less than thirty days she experienced a complete breakdown. She heard knocking, showing codes, blah blah blah. She discovered it. She discovered online that this car was salvaged according to her, that's what she said, or branded. We verified that one of these services do show a branded title. We're a little hazy on what the branding is for, but it is branded. Deputy d contacted Nash over at car Pros to try to get a resolution because it was never disclosed to Amy that this was a branded Titlela. Yes, it's a title with a problem. That's the easiest way of putting it. It's either a fud, flood, hail damage, salvage. It's it's a title with a problem, and it's called flagged or branded. Thank you. D you read that? In Colorado that must be disclosed on a car deal.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's. The state publishes a special form that the dealer fills out and gives to the consumer. I saw the form, I read it, and there are numerous reasons that the car. So my understanding of the branded title is kind of not as bad as a salvage title.
Speaker 4: Right, although a salvage is considered a branded title as well.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, it might be. Yeah, I just I didn't read the distinction between the two, except for the branded title is less serious, like like haldo mileage, unknown, hail damage, you know, stuff like that. But it wasn't necessarily total out previously.
Speaker 4: Not from a wreck, right, Yeah, And so salvage usually denotes a wreck that was rebuilt. Usually that's what salvage usually means that the insurance company sold it as parts and then somebody rebuilt it, whereas A branded title could be that the car's running perfectly, but it's too expensive to fix it has hail damage all over it. That could be branded. A flooded car could be branded. So in any case, they wouldn't talk about it. They were very coy and basically we believe they should be avoided. That's car Pros. Here's their number. Seven to zero nine nine nine, nineteen fifteen. Should tell him you heard about him here seven to zero nine nine nine, nineteen fifteen. That's car Prosen in Golden By the way, I'm Tom Martinez.
Speaker 5: Save all your problems for me.