Speaker 1: The world may be on the brink of war between Israel and Iran? Will the United States join that conflict? I've got experts here to discuss. Plus, the entire country is watching the Battle for Los Angeles Ray John, We've got key polling data regarding the political fallout. Plus Congressman Andy Biggs drops by after a big hearing with the sanctuary state governors.
Speaker 2: It's all next to the Matt Gates Show. Let's do this. We're shaking up Washington, d C. We're breaking the fever.
Speaker 3: Do you haven't watch this guy on television?
Speaker 2: It's like a machine.
Speaker 4: He's great, Matt Gates.
Speaker 1: Is the United States on the verge of war with the Islamic Republic of Iran? It seems to be a question we've asked ourselves since about.
Speaker 2: The mid nineties.
Speaker 1: President Trump was asked recently about a move to reduce the number of military dependents in the Middle East. This is usually a precursor to increased hostilities or even war. Listen to his ominous answer, how.
Speaker 5: Do US dependants of the military?
Speaker 4: Personelity Barber.
Speaker 6: That's the same thing.
Speaker 1: Tensions between the United States, Iran, and Israel are escalating, centered on Iran's nuclear program and potential military escalation of the various proxy groups that Iran is funded that get in all kinds of trouble with the United States and Israel all around the world and the Middle East. The IAEA Board formally centered Iran on June twelfth for failing to cooperate with nuclear inspectors. In response, Iran announced new underground enrichment sites and advanced centrifuge rollout. Israel is reportedly fully ready to strike Iran's nuclear facilities.
Speaker 2: They could do this.
Speaker 1: Unilaterally, and the United States is bracing for fallout throughout the Middle East. The United States intelligence indicates that Israel may proceed without coordination with the United States that could derail nuclear talks.
Speaker 2: It's difficult to negotiate while bombs are in the air.
Speaker 1: Iran's defense minister warns that any attack Israeli or American will prompt strikes on US military basis in the region. Simultaneously, Iran has fortified key air defenses around nuclear sites and deployed advanced anti air systems. A sixth round of US Iran nuclear talks is set to continue in Oman, but both sides remain far apart Iran's refusing to halt in Richmond, and the United States is unwilling.
Speaker 6: To allow it.
Speaker 1: A strike on Iran could trigger a swift regional reaction retaliatory IRAQS attacks by Iran on US basis and vessels, including other groups being activated like Hezbollah and other militants throughout the Middle East. War with Iran would be a terrible idea. It would divide Trump's coalition and cost America our credibility and our treasure. President Trump should let his outstanding team of negotiators work a deal. If an accord cannot be achieved, he should return to maximum pressure, which worked keeping Iran constrained during his first administration. To be clear, this is all Joe Biden's fault. He enriched Iran because he was obsessed with involving America in the war between Russia and Ukraine that spiked fuel prices. So Biden unclenched the grip on Iran and Venezuela. But Trump doesn't have to follow Israel into war with Iran just because President Biden was asleep at the wheel. Trump should do what Trump does best, utilize leverage, make a deal.
Speaker 2: Backed by might to protect America.
Speaker 1: The Bushes believed that America had to play referee in the deserts of the Middle East. That was costly, foolish, and probably created more terrorists than we vanquished. America first led by President Trump, is better than that. We are the Movement for Peace.
Speaker 2: Joining us now.
Speaker 1: Member of the National Council of Resistance of Iran, Ali SAFAVII and executive director of the American conservative magazine Kurt Mills. Kurt, I've talked with a lot of administration officials today who share our worldview. Some are concerned that the hawk are salivating over the prospect of direct US involvement.
Speaker 2: In war with Iran. How are you reading the administration's moves?
Speaker 5: I think the administration to an extent is at the mercy of it's alleged ally Israel. I mean, right now, it appears that this is being driven by the Netnahu cabinet and not the Trump cabinet. Now that doesn't mean that the US is powerless. It doesn't mean that Trump's perilous, far from it. But this is being driven by the Netnahu administration in Jerusalem that wants to play spoiler on a negotiated settlement to the Iran issue.
Speaker 7: In Oman.
Speaker 5: And you know, I think that Trump has said again just basically overnight here that he is committed to negotiations on this and that he is committed to no nuclear weapons in Iran, and those are the core core goals here and we shouldn't lose sight of them. The question is will the Israelis act independent of the US, because the US has already made clear thanks but no thank on a coordinated strike.
Speaker 2: It does seem as though Israel is prepared to do that.
Speaker 1: According to a lot of open source reporting alixe Fav what would happen in the Middle East if Israel had a direct unilateral strike on Iran?
Speaker 8: Well, of course that's an hypothetic word it what can I directly answer it before anything happened. But my point is that the unwarnished tool see the international community, he had an obligation, and I think it is obviously very concerned, legitimately concern that the Iranian regime nuclear weapons program poses a dangerous threat.
Speaker 4: And its essential threat not turning to the people that.
Speaker 8: Iround, go to the region, and of course to the Internet community. I think any agreement that is starts short of full dismantlement of iransdom to the weapons program, the end of enrichment in Iran, the end of the missile program is not going to prevent Iran from getting the bomb. Perhaps over the past thirty years, the EU three have engaged in countless negotiations with every Iran and we're back at square one. And I don't think anybody wants any kind of contin in the region.
Speaker 4: There is no need for that.
Speaker 8: I don't think the dichotomy is between a war and a deal.
Speaker 4: I think there's a third.
Speaker 8: Option, which the leader of the Imnion opposition said right Guaty has articulated, which is invest in Iranian people and the organized resistance.
Speaker 4: And in fact, in a hearing that she attended in February of this year.
Speaker 8: And the House, she said, we don't need boots on the ground, we don't need any financial support.
Speaker 4: All that international community has.
Speaker 8: To do is to recognize the right during people to self determination.
Speaker 4: And quite frankly, I believe that it is.
Speaker 8: Absolutely correct to insist zero enrichment as for our region is concerned. Look just the last Tuesday when we heal a very very important site of the Caveat plan, which.
Speaker 4: Is far more advanced than the one.
Speaker 8: That they abandoned in two thousand and three after NCR revealed that the AMA plan, and that clearly shows that the molas are active in weaponization, in research in high explosive explosions on missile warhead and naturally the world can understand by them that then get the weapon. It will be a terrible mistake to have the world's most dangerous weapon and the hangs up the world's most dangerous state.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: President Trump made mention of his desire to deprivate Iran of a nuclear weapon. Let's let's play that clip won't get reactionally outside.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't want to say eminent, but it looks like it's something that could very well happen. Look, it's very simple, not complicated. Iran cannot have a nuclear weapon. Other than that, I want them to be successful. I want them to be traumed will help them be successful. We'll trade with them, We'll do whatever is necessary.
Speaker 1: So, Kurt, are you more optimistic about these negotiations in Oman? It seems though President Trump wants to make the space for that.
Speaker 2: At the same.
Speaker 1: Time, Iran's position they're going to continue in enriching seems to be frustrating.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I am optimistic. I have remained optimistic throughout this process. When negotiations started in early April. I mean, I think that the phrasing there, the clause other than that, was very telling. Nuclear weapon is the goal. You know, my co panelist here referenced, I think, a panoply of goals. He referenced no nuclear weapon, he referenced, no enrichment of uranium whatsoever. He referenced no missile program. Those are separate initiatives. And so I mean, if the goal is basically to completely defang Iran militarily, the Iranians aren't going to agree to that, so we shouldn't negotiate at all. But if the goal is no nuclear weapon, the Iranians have publicly stated again and again, and I mean the Iranian FOREM Minister himself is seemingly aping MAGA language the way he posts saying that if you want a deal on no new their weapon, they'll sign tomorrow. So I think, I mean, that's the key question here, and I think is the goal here really no nuclear weapon or is it regime changed in Iran? And I take my co panelist point that it's not necessarily a strict binary, but the reality is funding a resistance bombing Iranian nuclear sites. You know, if this was done to the United States, we would treat it as an active war, and the Iranian state will do that. No matter what you think of the Iranian State, they will treat it as an active war. We will be in war if we do that.
Speaker 1: Kurt, I want to stay with you because you made mention of the role Israel was playing in potentially dragging the United States into a war that President Trump clearly doesn't want to be involved in. How do the United States national security figures around President Trump right now liberate the United States from seemingly the you know, the ambitions of Israel that would advance even without our cooperation.
Speaker 5: Look, I think has been a long time coming. I mean, obviously the US was critical in Israel's founding, and basically every US administration since the late forties has had to deal with this. But the reality is going forward, Israel, especially under this government, is increasingly isolated, and the US is burning incinerating political capital on the global stage defending every single elast atrocity that the Israeli government is currently behind. And I think it's very clear, you know, even President Trump, who has come back from quite a bit ten years of political camp of a political career, presidential career, you know, one hundred indictments, convictions, re election. If he a sents to every whim of net Yahoo, this will be his presidency.
Speaker 7: George W.
Speaker 5: Bush had a lot of ideas too, and once he got involved in the Middle East, that's all anyone remembers him for. And Trump has made an entire career of stiff arming the Bush wing. He's got a stiff arm net Yahoo on this initiative if he wants to do everything that he wanted to accomplish in this second term alike.
Speaker 8: Obviously, as I said, nobody wants more in the Middle East. And clearly the invasion of Iraq was one of the greatest strategic blunders of the US administration.
Speaker 4: But remember, even if tomorrow.
Speaker 8: The Aminian regime says I will abandon on my nuclear weapons program, is that enough? What about the egregious human rights violation in Iran? What about the Iran supposed to protects across them at least, what about the whole host of terrorism that it has been conducting on European soil and also in America. I think the nuclear issue cannot be addressed in the peacefield peacemeal fashion. We call that the Oma Obama administration. When it started JCPOA, it said, let's deal with a nuclear issue, then we will deal with the other aspects of Irans Maliane behavior.
Speaker 4: What happened. First of all, did you CBA was signing?
Speaker 8: It did not stop Iran from advancing it complete weapons program.
Speaker 4: This is not what we say.
Speaker 8: Look at the report by the IAH that just came out on May thirty.
Speaker 4: First, I cannot confirm that.
Speaker 8: Iran's weapon Iran's look program does not have an organization aspect. So I think this whole issue, the issue of Iran's human rights by Nations one thousand and thirty three thousand, one thirty three, the thirty three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I understand there's a long litany of complaints. I share them. I expressed them a lot in Congress. The question is when you're not going to address all those those at one time. I think that's going to be a challenge. I'll give you the last but.
Speaker 5: Look at look look at the look at the approach to this issue.
Speaker 4: You cannot separate them.
Speaker 1: And we'll see, really will unfortunately amount of time. But I do think that It's going to be interesting to see the extent to which President Trump prioritizes the nuclear issue over some of those that were previously raised. Ali Safavi and Kurt Mills, thank you both for coming on and sharing your expertise.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Coming up, we've got Congressman Andy Biggs of Arizona. He was in a big hearing today where sanctuary state governors had to defend their records. It got feisty, and we bring you there after a break.
Speaker 6: Viewers are always asking me how can they watch away in live? The solution is simple.
Speaker 9: It's a streaming platform called cloud tv now it's spelled klowd TV. Simply go to cloudtv dot com and subscribe to watch twenty four to seven live feeds of a wayn The live package is only two dollars and fifty cents per month for all you can watch again, simply.
Speaker 6: Go to cloudtv dot com and do it today.
Speaker 9: Hey, did you know that One America News network has launched a twenty four to seven Twitter like social media replacement. We're calling it free Talk forty five. So why is it branded free Talk forty five? Well, free talk because you will not be censored for expressing your opinion there and forty five because forty five is a really lucky number. So join us at free Talk forty five and express yourself with no fear of cancelation. Ever, Hey, if your cable provider doesn't offer one America News Network, you should give them a call and kindly demand that they carryan. Now, you're the customer, and without your feedback, your cable provider will not know that there is a strong demand across this country for one America News Network. So please call your cable company today and kindly ask or demand that they ADDANN to their channel lineup.
Speaker 6: Hey, everyone, here's a question for you.
Speaker 9: What does Roku TV, Apple TV, and Amazon fireTV all have in common. The answer is that all three platforms offer you the ability to live stream One America News Network from your Roku TV, Apple TV, or Amazon Fire device. Simply go to the app store search out forn, then enjoy all the great programming offered by Oien, including my show Real America.
Speaker 1: Sanctuary State governors were summoned to the House of Representatives Oversight Committee today. They defended the absurd policies that have frustrated immigration enforcement and put federal law enforcement in danger. The hearings got testy quickly, with Housewhip Tom Emmer lighting up Minnesota Governor Tim Waltz over his own tweets.
Speaker 10: Your Attorney general is directing law enforcement to a nor Ice immigration detainers. Do you agree with the Attorney general's guidance?
Speaker 11: Well, Congressman, it's good to see you again and thank you for being here. First, I would say, is my job as governor of Minnesota is to make Minnesota the best state?
Speaker 10: And then do you agree with the Attorney General's guidance?
Speaker 11: Congressman? What I would say on this is is that Minnesota follows all laws.
Speaker 10: It's a very easy question.
Speaker 6: If you're not.
Speaker 10: If you claim you're not a sanctuary state, you just I guess you just claim that you support policies. You're not a sanctuary state, but you support policies that prevent ice from doing their job.
Speaker 11: Congressman, isn't that right? That is incorrect. Congressman, we fall the same laws when while we're in the Minnesota House. The law has not changed.
Speaker 10: If you'll allow me, I've got limited time. Well that's what you tweeted, by the way, sir, on May twenty third, twenty eighteen, you tweeted, quote, I support policies that keep law enforcement from enforcing federal laws close quote.
Speaker 2: New York representative at least.
Speaker 1: Dephonic didn't hold back either, when she confronted a clueless New York Governor Kathy Hochel about crimes illegal immigrants committed in the in the Empire State.
Speaker 12: These our high profile cases. New Yorkers know about them and you don't. So let's talk about Sebastian Zubpita Khalil.
Speaker 13: Do you know who that is? I don't have those specific details at my disposal.
Speaker 12: Known well, this is an illegal migrant in New York because of your sanctuary state policies. Do you know what crime he committed?
Speaker 13: I'm not familiar at this moment.
Speaker 12: I bet you're going to be familiar when I remind you he found a sleeping woman on the subway, lit her on fire, and burned her alive. This is in Kathy Hochel's New York and as I'm sure you are aware, and I'll remind you that ICE issued an order to detain this violent criminal, but that was rejected by New York officials due to sanctuary state laws. Now, do you know who Raymond Rojas Basilio is.
Speaker 13: I just want to say this, these crimes are horrific.
Speaker 12: Because a door, because of your SA free state policy.
Speaker 13: In all of these cases, we would work with ice to you did not in this case.
Speaker 2: That might have been a sneak peek.
Speaker 1: At the twenty twenty six New York governor's race on the West Coast, however, US Senator Alex Padilla decided to skip the pleasantries and decorum and went right for confrontratation with DHS Secretary of Christy Nome at a press conference she held earlier today.
Speaker 2: I'm Senator Alex Padia.
Speaker 14: I have a questions for the Secretary because the fact of the matter is a half a dozen iming criminals that you're both.
Speaker 7: Hitting on your on your head off.
Speaker 13: How many of our I say, thats have been docked for the unor beauty.
Speaker 4: They have been targeted.
Speaker 2: What a display.
Speaker 1: Putting a fine point on the whole matter was Representative Andy Biggs of Arizona, who made clear the criminal behavior of these governors it's certainly certainly impacting the country in a negative way. He dressed down Illinois Governor J. B. Pritzker during the hearing you.
Speaker 15: Do violate the law. You are sanctuary cities, and every one of you sitting there, if you don't know that by now, you should know it walking out of here, that you are actually committing a federal crime every time someone does that, because you don't have the authority under federal law or under the Constitution to negate even a civil warrant for someone who's violated a federal offense when you get a detainer notice joining.
Speaker 1: Us now, Arizona Congressman Andy Biggs. So, Congressmen, were you surprised that these Democrat sanctuary governors weren't more willing to embrace their sanctuary status and instead try to nitpick about specifics and charges in particular cases.
Speaker 15: Not really, because the entire country this is a ninety ten issue now and they want to get away from the ten percent who support the sanctuary cities. But they can't help themselves, Matt. They can't help themselves. So they're going to defend but they're going to defend it in the silliest ways possible. And like Governor Waltz, both both Tom Emmer and myself trying to get him to just admit whether he agrees with his own Attorney General or disagrees with him on the sanctuary city policy that that's being imposed in Minnesota, and he refused to answer that question to either one of us.
Speaker 1: You're running for governor of Arizona, Katie Hobbs has functionally made Arizona a sanctuary state. I think what was really revealing about this hearing is it showed the damage a governor can do to the laws, to law enforcement cooperation. What was your big takeaway about about really how damaging some of these actions have been.
Speaker 15: Well, what happens is a sanctuary city policy damages everything from your society, your culture, your rule of law, so that in dangers virtually everything including your economy and culture. And the reality is this has been one of the biggest issues in the last probably thirty years domestically, and that is this allowing of illegal aliens to come in and to the tune of Matt probably fifteen twenty million people and they don't want to assimilate per se. And it actually, as Victor Davis Hanson says, it's going to have long term generational consequences, and a lot of that is simply because the governors refused to enforce the federal law that they could have enforced.
Speaker 1: We're seeing some of that damage play out in the battle for Los Angeles right now. What's your reaction to the riots that you're seeing in California.
Speaker 15: Well, this is just like you say, it's evidence of the bad Biden policy. And what you're seeing is, by the way, a Mexican senator, the National Senator, said that this is an evidence that they want to reconquista, that they want to take, retake and conquer California and Arizona. That's what they're talking about. And when I say that, I'm talking about basically this failure, this failure of the rule of law. And so that's why you have these people taken over the streets. It's not a peaceful protest. I don't care what Nancy Pelosi or anybody else says. This is an adversarial riot. It is because they're basically carrying the flags of the state of Mexico. You could make the case that this is an insurrection man something that Democrats seem to know about.
Speaker 1: It does seem There are two California politicians in a competition to see who can get arrested the most quickly. Gavin Newsom is begging Trump or any federal official to arrest him, and Senator Padilla didn't want I guess Gavin Newsom to be first in line there, and so he had this very bizarre confrontation with DHS Secretary Nome, who was giving a briefing. Refused to be compliant with law enforcement. What's your reaction to a fellow lawmaker getting slapped around by federal law enforcement? As Secretary Nome was briefing.
Speaker 15: Bad choices bring bad consequences. This guy, Alex Padilla, you can see him, and the video that you guys are showing, you don't catch the beginning where he's actually moving with alacrity to Christi nom who's speaking at the podium, and he's getting there and he's yelling, and the first thing you can actually hear that's discernible is a secret Service saying sir, backup, Sir back up, and he refused to back up. In fact, he pushes and jostles, he won't stop, and then he then the Democrats want to say, oh my gosh, he was abused, Well you know who abused him. He did because he made a choice to go after Christi Nome in a quite frankly threatening way. And by the way, why Secret Service supposed to know who Alex Padi is? You know, he's he was basically in a point, he's Senator Matt and he's not showing any idea. He's just saying I'm the senator. Well, anybody can say I'm just the senator. I met Gates, right, Andy Biggs, it doesn't matter. Anybody can say that he made a bad choice.
Speaker 1: When he wasn't wearing his pin, a point that was made by FBI Deputy Director Dan Bongino's that's the way federal lawmakers signify that they aren't just part of the crowd, but indeed of times part of the proceedings. But in this case, Patio wasn't even part of the proceedings. It strikes me Connorson Biggs that Democrats just seem to be wanting to get that mug shot. They're like chasing the mug shot, and Lamonica mcgiver seems to be the one who gets it as a consequence of bodying up on ice agents and federal agents.
Speaker 2: But my question to you is is this the front end of the wave?
Speaker 1: Like, are we about to see a new rite of passage for Democrat lawmakers being some sort of physical altercation with the Trump administration.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 15: I think it's just kind of isn't it. I mean, because that's all they have. I was thinking about this when mcgiver got indicted. I thought, you know, the reality is they don't have a leader. They don't have anybody who's leading them number one. Number two, they don't have a policy agenda that they can say, hey, look, this is what we're going to do. This is how we're going to change it, this is how we're going to push back on the Republicans. They're getting there, they're getting their can kicked all over the place. And the bottom line is it's now confrontation that and that's why that's why you got the riots, That's why you have this is a day of kings or whatever it is is coming up, and that's why you get people like Alex Padillah charging the podium.
Speaker 7: White Why do that?
Speaker 15: I mean, seriously, it was a press conference. When she's done talking, he could have said, man, you know, I'm I'm I'm us Senator Alex padilla I have a couple of questions.
Speaker 2: He chose just wanted to make a scene.
Speaker 1: He just wanted to make a scene, and they want to show that they're willing to get physical, which is actually a pretty frightening and dangering message and signal. They're saying to the rioters out in the streets. Let's get to the business of Capitol Hill. This recisions legislation passed the House. Russ vote was on our program last evening and he said, this is just the first in a series coming from.
Speaker 2: The White House.
Speaker 1: What would you suggest to the White House be included in their next decisions package.
Speaker 15: I would suggest that they take off some more of those subsidies from the Green New Deal.
Speaker 2: I think that would be good.
Speaker 15: I think that there's some other programs like World Health Organization, like you know, just start taking off some of those multilateral institutions that hate us that we end up funding. You got to get rid of some of that stuff, in my opinion, and basically you've got to keep expanding it and get more and make this bigger.
Speaker 7: Matt.
Speaker 15: We barely passed that today and it wasn't even ten billion dollars, and it was what I considered to be low hanging fruit MPR and some of the American aid by why is this hard?
Speaker 1: This was supposed to be the low hanging fruit eight billion dollars, ten billion dollars. We go that much more into debt every day, and Congress acts like it is pulling teeth to cut just that much money.
Speaker 2: Why is this so hard?
Speaker 1: And what was the rationale from the Republicans who wouldn't vote for these basic spending cuts.
Speaker 15: Well, some of them just said, oh my goodness, we've got to stay with with NPR. We have to do it. We've got constituencies that want that. I actually heard somebody say some of these Yeah, I know, it's hard to believe, and this is just craziness. The other and I actually heard somebody talking about we have to make sure that so this USAIE USAID stuff, some of it really has a positive diplomatic impact and it can help give make us more peaceful around the world. And China's buying people up and so countries up. So we got to do it. I mean to me that, Tom, I mean, China is also about to collapse economically. They're probably ahead of us on the collapse the curve. But golly, we've got to start fixing our own country. That's the important thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's amazing that there is a constituency still for USAID and four NPR in the Republican Conference, and we hope that a little more common sense is able to infect the team. Andy Biggs of Arizona, thanks so much for fighting on Capitol Hill against some of those crazy governors today.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 15: Thanks, Matt, good to be with you.
Speaker 1: And coming up, there was tragedy in India as an airplane crash left hundreds dead.
Speaker 2: We've got Dave Shol here.
Speaker 1: He's a former air Force accident investigator and he'll break down what went wrong in this tragic flight.
Speaker 9: Hey, did you know that One America News Network has launched a twenty four to seven Twitter like social media replacement. We're calling it free Talk forty five. So why is it branded free Talk forty five. Well, free talk because you will not be censored for expressing your opinion there, and forty five because forty five is a really lucky number. So join us at free Talk forty five and express yourself with no fear of cancelation. Ever, Hey, if your cable provider doesn't offer One America News Network, you should give them a call and kindly demand that they carryan Now you're the customer, and without your feedback, your cable provider will not know that there is a strong demand across this country for One America News Network, So please call your cable company today and kindly ask or demand that they add ANN to their channel lineup.
Speaker 6: Hey everyone, here's a question for you.
Speaker 9: What does Roku TV, Apple TV, and Amazon fireTV all have in common? The answer is that all three platforms offer you the ability to live stream One America News Network from your Roku TV, Apple TV.
Speaker 6: Or Amazon Fire device.
Speaker 9: Simply go to the app store search out foran then enjoy all the great programming offered by including my show Real America. Hey, did you know that video clips from my program Real America and all the other talk shows offered by One America News Network are available to you for free onaan n dot com. You can also enjoy the latest in breaking news videos by visiting oaan n dot com. Make sure you stay informed and visit onn dot com daily. And if you'd like to show support and wear some support for One America News Network, then visit our online store for the latest shirts, hats and.
Speaker 1: Mugs, tragedy strikes and a metabod India. As you just saw an Air India boeing seven eighty seven Dreamliner crash just minutes after takeoff. It was bound for London Gatwick. Over two hundred souls perished in the deadliest aviation disaster since nineteen ninety six. The plane slammed into a medical college dining hall, killing at least five students, with two hundred and four bodies recovered. Miraculously, one survivor emerged from the burning wreckage of the aircraft, a British national named vishwash Kumar Ramesh. He managed to walk away from the craft and is currently hospitalized for impact injuries. Imagine that the one person who survived, his name was vish Thick. Smoke chokes the wreckage and firefighters are battling the inferno. Now Prime Minister Modi is leading a nation in mourning. Boeing is scrambling for answers on their Dreamliners first fatal crash. Our hearts are with the families, but questions loom. Was this mechanical failure or human error or something else? Joining us now? Former Air Force accident investigator, retired commercial pilot and military instructor pilot David schol.
Speaker 2: So, Dave, tell us, what are you seeing in this takeoff?
Speaker 16: Matt good to be with you again. I just as always, I hate the circumstances when we talk on. I think, as you look at the two videos that have come out from this accident, it's very telling what's going on, and I think initially what I'm drawn to.
Speaker 7: And as you roll.
Speaker 16: This one, pay close attention as the aircraft rotates and just as it's leaving the ground, you'll see dustin debris from the wingtip vortices that'll be coming shortly right there, those wing tip foard seas are rolling off the wing and usually you only get that kind of dust and debris at the departure in and approach into the runways. Now, this particular runway is eleven thousand, five hundred feet long, but it has the option you'll enter in a single taxiway, and at that point this is very, very depressing to watch. So as I look at that video, I want to know where exactly did the pilot begin his takeoff role, because if he began the takeoff role right where the taxiway enters the runway, he's only utilizing less than half of the runway available, so he would needed to have made a left hand turn go to the end of the runway execute a one point eighty in order to utilize the full runway length available. So I'd like to know exactly where he began the takeoff roll. If he began it short, then I think that's what we're seeing here, is he's getting at the end of the runway and he doesn't have the necessary energy to continue the climb because, as you'll see in this video, he's going to top out about approximately four hundred feet AGL. But as we watch this video, the thing that I notice first off, the landing gear never retracts normally after takeoff. As the copilot's making his calls, he'll call V one, then rotate, pilot will initiate the back pressure to begin the takeoff, and as the aircraft begins to lift off into the air, the copilot's looking at the altimeter and the vertical velocity indicator and he'll call out positive rate. At that point, the captain should have been calling out gear track, gear up, but we never see that happening. So something's going on right now that breaks their normal habit patterns because the landing gear stays down throughout Wondering what happened, what causes the distraction in the cockpit, and two things I'm looking at is what is the flap configuration on this aircraft? And then what again is the power setting? And then this one looks like this individual took it out of as the airplane was going by his apartment. And as we look at further video analysis, we're going to be able to highlight what exactly the flap setting is. Normal flaps for the seven eighty seven in this situation would be a flaps five setting That means about fifteen degrees a flap and about one half the leading edge device. And what that allows him to do is to get airborne and to continue to climb and to accelerate. And what we're seeing here in this aircraft is we look at this video, it's difficult to tell, but it almost looks like he has a clean wing. Looks like there's no leading edge devices or very little trailing edge devices that are deployed. So we could have a situation where they take off, they don't have the necessary lifting devices out to achieve achieve flight at this air speed, nor do they have the thrust. We see the aircraft top out right there, and now it's a foregone conclusion on what's going to happen. They're beginning a slow, straight ahead stall back into the ground and the flight itself. The individual that survives said, yeah, after about thirty seconds after takeoff, I heard a loud bang. And I think the loud bang that he's hearing is when they hit the nearby hostile hotel at adjacent to the hotel.
Speaker 1: So what is the ground speed that an aircraft like this needs to be able to achieve to have sufficient energy to continue to climb, And if indeed that speed wasn't achieved, presumably that would be the type of thing that investigators would be able to ascertain very quickly.
Speaker 16: Right absolutely, And as the crash investigators, and they're first going to want to get a hold of the black boxes. And with these smart aircraft these days, it was as we saw in the Malesia and the Malaysian aircraft, about every thirty seconds, these aircraft are downlinking data via satellite and it may be going directly to Boeing or to one of their servers, but they're already collecting a great deal of information. We'll know what the air speed was at liftoff, We're going to know what the flap settings were, and we're going to know exactly how fast the aircraft got. But to your question, now, this aircraft was probably right around five hundred thousand pounds. It was an eight hour flight, well within the capabilities. So based on what their cargo load was, they were pretty full with regard to the passengers, but they shouldn't have had a full takeoff load in terms of fuel, so they should have been well within the limits of what this aircraft would do. So one thing I would also want to look at is the takeoff and landing data that the company data links to the aircraft just before the departure. It'll tell them what their gross weight is, how much fuel they're carrying, how many passengers, But most importantly, for the given conditions, and we can see in that video it's a beautiful summer day there, we have light winds out of the south southwest approximately eight knots. It's about eighty five degrees. So it will tell the flight crew what the necessary flap setting is, and that's going to be critical. Did they enter the data appropriately and then did they set the flaps appropriately. They could have had the option for a flaps one, and if they had set a flaps one and they were expecting to get a flaps five that could explain what happened here in terms of when they got into.
Speaker 1: Relations to this DAVE, because I wonder with this type of flight pattern, would there be any warnings that the pilots would have received that would have given an opportunity to get out of this situation or one.
Speaker 2: Once they hit that.
Speaker 1: Stall in the middle of their climb, there was really nothing they could do.
Speaker 16: That's a great question. And the first indication that I think about is on the flight management system. When they are data linked the takeoff and landing data, they have to properly load which computations are going to use, and then the onboard computers know what flap setting to look for. So it would have been difficult for them to have take off with the wrong flap setting if they entered the data correctly.
Speaker 4: So that leads me.
Speaker 16: To believe that they may have inadvertently entered the wrong takeoff and landing data which led to the wrong flap setting, which led to a failure of the computer to tell them you don't have the right flap set. Then once they got airborne, like you said, they would have got several indications about pending stall, they would have got the indicator will come out and it would have told them stall stall. Then you would have gotten the artificial stick. So now you're getting the vibrations in the cockpit via the stick shaker to tell them they are approaching the stall, and then they would have gotten into the full stall, and then at that point they're just along for the ride. Unfortunately.
Speaker 1: Wow, Dave Schult, Well, thank you for bringing your expertise. Obviously this is a terrible tragedy. We'll continue to cover it and just yeah, I'm looking forward to having you on when we can discuss something other than an aviation disaster. But you do bring a unique skill set to helping us understand it.
Speaker 2: Thank you, my friend. Thank you, Matt.
Speaker 16: I appreciate time. Look forward to seeing you again.
Speaker 1: All right, and coming up, as the battle for Los Angeles rages on, we want to get a send sense of how the rest of the country is evaluating the violence and the political forces that may be shaping it. We've got polling expert Mark Mitchell with us after a break. Hey, if your cable provider doesn't offer one America News Network, you should give them a call and kindly demand that they carryan. Now you're the customer, and without your feedback, your cable provider will not know that there is a strong demand across this country for One America News Network. So please call your cable company today and kindly ask or demand that they add OANN to their channel lineup.
Speaker 6: Hey everyone, here's a question for you.
Speaker 9: What does Roku TV, Apple TV, and Amazon fireTV all have in common? The answer is that all three platforms offer you the ability to live stream One America News Network from your Roku TV, Apple TV.
Speaker 6: Or Amazon Fire device.
Speaker 9: Simply go to the app store search out FORN, then enjoy all the great programming offered byn, including my show Real America.
Speaker 6: Hey did you know that video.
Speaker 9: Clips from my program America and all the other talk shows offered by One America News Network are available to you for free on oaan n dot com. You can also enjoy the latest in breaking news videos by visiting oaan n dot com. Make sure you stay informed and visit OANN dot com daily. And if you'd like to show support and wear some support for One America News Network, then visit our online store for the latest shirts, hats, and mugs. Viewers are always asking me, how can they watch OAN live.
Speaker 6: The solution is simple.
Speaker 9: It's a streaming platform called cloud tv now it's spelled klowd TV. Simply go to cloudtv dot com and subscribe to watch twenty four to seven live feeds of OAN. The live package is only two dollars and fifty cents per month for all you can watch again. Simply go to cloudtv dot com and do it today.
Speaker 1: Los Angeles, California, remains a mess. Downtown storefronts, including national brands, have faced flash mob style vandalism and looting, prompting a swing toward felony charges under new law enforcement policies. Hundreds have been arrested for violating a curfew, but we doubt any of them will face a real consequence, But there may be consequences politically for the failed left. The battle for Los Angeles is showcasing the Democrat politicians, when pressed, will side with the rioters over law abiding people. We've been covering the tactical nature of this battle closely, but we wanted to zoom out this evening and look at how public sentiment was reacting to the frightening images we've been seeing of the riots. Only about a third of us adults support the riots. That's actually a really high number. It's according to a survey published in the Independent, there are considerably more Americans who disapprove. Public sentiment about the LA unrest sharply polarized among political lines. The Republicans, Democrats, and independents have different interpretations of these events as they're seeing them. A strong majority of Democrats actually support what they're seeing. Polls show roughly sixty to seventy percent of Democrats approve or support the LA rioters. Republicans overwhelming the side against these riots and in favor of a hardline response pulling fines. Over three quarters of Republicans oppose the reaction to the ice raids that they're seeing from these organizers and rioters.
Speaker 2: But in my home state.
Speaker 1: Of Florida, Sheriff Wayne Ivy made it crystal clear that the lawless behavior exhibited in LA will not be tolerated on his watch.
Speaker 17: If you block an intersection or a roadway in Brivarc County, you are going to jail. If you flee arrest, you're going to go to jail tired, because we are going to run you down and put you in jail. If you try to mob rule a car in Brevard County, gathering around it, refusing to let the driver leave our county. You're most likely going to get run over and dragged across the street. If you spin on us, you're going to the hospital and in jail. If you hit one of us, you're going to the hospital and jail and most likely get bitten by one of our big, beautiful dogs that we have here. If throw a brick, a fire bomb, or point a gun at one of our deputies, we will be notifying your family where to collect your remains at because we will kill you graveyard dead. We're not going to play.
Speaker 2: That is the answer.
Speaker 1: That is the way you won't see these problems in Sheriff Ivy's County. Take note, California. This is the reason you live like you do. There's a reason Floridians like me find your ways so foreign. Now, let's see what the rest of the country is thinking. Joining us now ahead of polling and operations at Rasmussen reports Mark Mitchell. So, Mark, thanks for joining me again on the program. Tell us about public sentiment around these riots.
Speaker 7: I don't know what the Democrats are doing.
Speaker 14: This is the most insane thing I understand standing on maybe a forty percent issue because it's the right thing. But Gavin Newsom is doubling down on something that less than ten percent of people want. Less than ten percent of people say that it's not at all important to deport criminal, illegal aliens. And I've been calling this out for years, the increasing will in America for massive deportations. It's one of the reasons Donald Trump won. And guess what, over the last couple of weeks, with all of these riots getting into the news, and finally with cars burning all over LA, Trump's numbers are now going up. He's been kicking around roughly net plus one, net plus two approval rating. He was net plus eight today, fifty three percent approval, forty five percent disapproved. Astounding numbers, way way way better than Joe Biden ever did in the last couple of years.
Speaker 7: So I just don't know why they're doing it.
Speaker 1: We've seen these images take over America's television screens. When President Trump was engaged in aggressive immigration enforcement during his first term, it was mothers being separated from children that seemingly got endless coverage. This seems to be something different. How do you think it'll affect those independent.
Speaker 7: Voters, Oh, independence are in for this.
Speaker 14: Absolutely, They're right with Republicans massively supporting deportations and listen, this is an economic issue. Part of the problem is the oppression that happened under Joe Biden basically stole the American dream.
Speaker 7: People. This is blowback.
Speaker 14: This is not in the same country that had a tear in its eye when it saw the picture of Ilian Gonzales and so quite frankly, all these images on the news I think are just going to stoke public sentiment more. This is law and order and it's what people voted for when.
Speaker 1: We get down to the math on control of the House of Representatives. You know, and I know it often runs through swing seats in blue states, in California and in New York. And look, these riots probably aren't coming to Florida because they wouldn't flourish there. They're probably not going to rural Tennessee. But you are seeing this activity from downtown Los Angeles spread to places like New York San Francisco. Do you think that there could be a more focused political impact in some of the blue states and swing districts that determine who will be the next peak of the House.
Speaker 7: Oh, absolutely. I think the Summer of Love.
Speaker 14: Listen, right, a month after the Summer Love, only thirty five percent of people thought it was mostly peaceful protests.
Speaker 7: Nobody brought bought the mainstream media lies.
Speaker 14: And look at all the places over the last four years that move massively to the right, New York State, New Jersey, California. California was about thirty points to Biden, then this time around, it was about twenty points to Kamala Harris. So California moved ten points to the right. And that's after the thirty eight percent of the state voted to recall Gavin Newsom. And we've had a fire, a massive fire in LA since then, and so I think California is probably drifting even more right. And this is not going to help the Democrats. So again, I really wonder why they are an absolute lock step on this, basically backing ten twenty percent issues that most of America just absolutely hates.
Speaker 1: We saw the sanctuary state policies really put on trial in two ways today in the halls of Congress, where sanctuary state governors were answering tough questions, but then also on the streets of Los Angeles, where you were having LAPD not really know what to do when federal law enforcement would call nine to one one or have challenges. Do you think that in a lot of these dispositive races for the House, for the Senate, sanctuary city policies will be put on trial as a top issue in the issue matrix.
Speaker 14: We are in the field right now pulling on sanctuary cities, but I'm pretty sure that America is going to be massively against it. One of the toughest tests we did, we gave people the choice of just one hundred percent amnesty candidate and one hundred percent deportation candidate. Deport every single legal alien. One hundred percent deportation wins fifty five to thirty five every time we try, and that's the floor. All the numbers of anything less aggressive are all higher than that they have been for years, and they're going to keep going up.
Speaker 1: What is the principal advice you would give any frontline candidate in a swing district on the Republican side as all this is playing out around.
Speaker 7: Us, stand for something.
Speaker 14: Lean into the MAGA agenda because it's a gift, in my opinion, to the Republican Party. It's something that America wants it's even more popular than Trump is.
Speaker 1: Mark Mitchell, the head of polling and operations at Rasmussen. Thanks so much for joining us and sharing all the key data that's going to be driving the balance of power.
Speaker 7: Great to be here, Matt.
Speaker 1: Thanks and coming up, there is major drama in Washington, DC tonight over who is invited to the Congressional picnic.
Speaker 2: I break it all down next.
Speaker 6: Hey everyone, here's a question for you.
Speaker 9: What does Roku TV, Apple TV, and Amazon Fire TV all have in common? The answer is that all three platforms offer you the ability to live stream One America News Network from your Roku TV, Apple TV.
Speaker 6: Or Amazon Fire device.
Speaker 9: Simply go to the app store search out foran then enjoy all the great programming offered by on including my show Real America.
Speaker 6: Hey, did you know that video.
Speaker 9: Clips from my program Real America and all the other talk shows offered by One America News Network are available to you for free on.
Speaker 6: Oaan N dot com.
Speaker 9: You can also enjoy the latest in breaking news videos by visiting oaan N dot com. Make sure you stay informed and visit ONN dot com daily. And if you'd like to show support and wear some support for One America news network, then visitor online store for the latest shirts, hats and mugs. Viewers are always asking me how can they watch OAN live?
Speaker 6: The solution is simple.
Speaker 9: It's a streaming platform called cloud tv now it's spelled klo wd tv. Simply go to cloudtv dot com and subscribe to watch twenty four to seven live feeds of Oayn. The live package is only two dollars and fifty cents per month for all you can watch again, simply go.
Speaker 6: To cloudtv dot com and do it today.
Speaker 9: Hey, did you know that One America News network has launched a twenty four to seven Twitter like social media replacement. We're calling it free Talk forty five. So why is it branded free Talk forty five. Well, free talk because you will not be censored for expressing your opinion there, and forty five because forty five is a really lucky number. So join us at free Talk forty five and express yourself with no fear of cancelation.
Speaker 6: Ever.
Speaker 18: Great time of the year in the summer. My family comes up. My son and daughter in law and grandson are coming up because we were going to the White House picnic. But I've just been told that I've been uninvited from the picnic. I think I'm the first Senator in the history of the United States to be uninvited to the White House picnic. The White House is owned by the taxpayers. We all are members of it. Every Democrat will be invited, every Republican will be invited. But I will be the only one disallowed to come on the grounds of the White House. I just find this incredibly petty. I mean, I have been, I think, nothing but polite to the President. I have been a intellectual opponent, a public policy opponent, and he's chosen now to uninvite me from the picnic and to say my grandson can't come.
Speaker 7: To the picnic.
Speaker 18: I just just the level of immaturity is beyond words. I just I you know, I've been here long enough that if anybody has ever followed me, I've been a critic of Obama, I've been in a critic of Biden. I've been in a critic of the previous drum but in a I think a reasonable fashion along policy. And so they've decided they wanted to declare war on my family and exclude us.
Speaker 6: From the White House.
Speaker 18: And I just think it's incredibly petty, and I hope someone will ask them some questions about how they've decided to sink to this step.
Speaker 7: Well, was the explanation given to you? No explanation.
Speaker 18: We're just not welcome, but you have to get a ticket, and we've always gotten tickets. I mean, I've been to ten White House picnics. There's like Easter egg rolls, there's picnics.
Speaker 7: This is for Congress, And I think what's.
Speaker 18: Particularly galling about it is, I don't know if this came from the president on down. Let's hope not, but if not, it's coming from his petty staffer. And we've always gone to the Christmas parties, whether it was a Republican or a Democrat, We've gone to the egg roll We like the stuff. We like going to celebrate stuff in our nation's capital with our family. And I don't know, it's just I think a really sad day.
Speaker 1: We are against the war on Rand Paul's family, and we believe that man should be allowed to go to the picnic. I was Kentucky Senator Ran Paul and he wants to go. We think he should be able to. After all, Rand and his family are wonderful people. They are exactly the type of intellectual opponents that you would want at your picnic, even if you disagree with them. I can confirm that Rand Paul does attend the picnics. He even attended when Biden was president. I saw this clip and I was reminded that, in fact, during the last administration, I went to the White House picnic with Senator Rand Paul and Mike Lee and their lovely spouses. The White House Picnic is a story tradition, and it's needed given the geography and climate of Washington, d C. Just as summer peaks out, it's nice for lawmakers to get a chance to break the dreariness that swallows up our nation's capital during the winter. Washington is usually so gray, drab, soul sucking. Especially for this Florida man, the White House Picnic has a tendency to brighten up the place with children, games, barbecue, and a little watermelon feta salad. If I remember correctly, something about Rand's message didn't make sense to me because President Trump loves hosting. He literally lives for it. When people come over to my house, it's work, it's a burden. President Trump loves to be surrounded by people, vibrants, entertainment, interesting crowds, and even those he disagrees with. See that guy over there, he's a real rhino, But sometimes he helps me with the left. President Trump used to say these things to me. He liked to point out senators at mar A Lago, but he would always welcome them, even when they were at political fisticuffs. President Trump doesn't mind being around people who take different viewpoints.
Speaker 2: He kind of revels in it.
Speaker 1: Remember that as a candidate he literally went to a competing parties convention to address them, and he powered through a mixed reaction.
Speaker 19: In the last year, I've been indicted by the government or ninety one different things. So if I wasn't a libertarian before, I sure as hell am a libertarian now. The Libertarian Party should nominate Trump for President of the United States.
Speaker 2: WHOA, that's nie, that snive. Only do that if you want to win. If you want to lose, don't do that.
Speaker 19: Keep getting you three percent every four years.
Speaker 1: Trump is a showman, a ring master, and he seems to get stronger the more lion taming he does. I have never known President Trump to disinvite someone as personally delightful as Senator Ran Paul he simply enjoys the act of hosting too much, even his enemies. We end tonight on an inclusive and warm note. Senator Paul and his family will get to go to the White House picnic.
Speaker 2: Trump posted on.
Speaker 1: Truth of course, Senator Rand Paul and his beautiful wife and family are invited to the big White House party tonight.
Speaker 2: He's the toughest vote in the history of the US Senate, but why wouldn't he be?
Speaker 1: Besides, gives me more time to get his vote on the great, big, beautiful Bill, one of the greatest and most important pieces of legislation ever put before our senators and congressmen women. It will help to make America great again. I look forward to seeing Rand. The party will be great. We hope everyone enjoys the picnic. That's all the time we have. We'll be back tomorrow nine Eastern, six Pacific. Make sure to sign up for OA and Live if you haven't already, just go to a dot com, follow me on ex ad Matt Gates, and stay right here.
Speaker 2: Fine point what Shane Rian is up next.
Speaker 1: Let's go get him