Speaker 1: Hey, it's Sandy and thanks for checking out the podcast edition of the show. Do me a solid and yourself a favor by tapping that follow button. Also like and subscribe. That way you get a notification when we put out a new episode, which is every single day.
Speaker 2: So here's today's podcast. Enjoy.
Speaker 1: Before Chrisser shares with us the first thing that made her laugh today, you wanna know a couple of birthdays for today?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 2: Do you remember this guy Apollo? Oh? No, do you remember that name? He's an Olympian.
Speaker 3: Only Apollo I know is Creed.
Speaker 2: He's the real Apollo.
Speaker 1: Apollo on no Olympian speedskater won gold medals in both the twenty two and two thousand excuse me, two thousand and two two thousand and six Olympics, and in twenty twenty one silver and bronze. He's forty two years old today, but he did win the fourth season of Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 4: All Right, all I'm saying is if your parents and you're naming a teeny tiny baby Apollo, I mean you are aggressively certain.
Speaker 3: I like it that this kid's going to be a bad ass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 1: I had twins if we had twin boys, it would either be Wham and dam Nope or Zeus an Apollo.
Speaker 3: Nope, Zeus and Apollo.
Speaker 4: Those are the names of some bad guys dogs on some movie.
Speaker 1: Yes, than are the Doberman's Alison Eastwood, Clint's daughter fifty two years old today. Naomi Campbell, the very angry supermodel. Yeah, she's fifty four. Morris he is sixty five today. Bernie top And is seventy four. He's the guy that wrote Elton John's hits. Uh, real bad guy is eighty two today. Ted Kazinski, Oh, he's Terri.
Speaker 3: We don't care. Let's don't acknowledge that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Unibomer.
Speaker 1: He's serving life in prison without the possibility of paroles. I got he died and he is in super Max out in Colorado, super Max side of a mountain.
Speaker 3: Yeah, super Max.
Speaker 4: I think I envision you're in a dark room, chained down with a hannibal lector Max on your face twenty four seven.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's great videos on YouTube about super Max if you want to dig into Oh.
Speaker 3: I totally watched super Max.
Speaker 4: Video is before I watch like prison regular old prison videos.
Speaker 2: What is the first thing that made you laugh today.
Speaker 4: If the butter at your restaurant isn't easy to spread on my complimentary bread, I will burn your establishment to the ground and.
Speaker 3: Then we'll see what soft butter looks like.
Speaker 2: Uh. My buddy Marlin is pumping his fist in the air. Yeah, you guys had a we are one moment about soft butter.
Speaker 5: Soft.
Speaker 3: Don't give me hard butter to spread on bread.
Speaker 2: I'm with you, we can do that.
Speaker 3: No one, it better be room tip at your minimum.
Speaker 2: Yep. And if it's if it's in the foil, you know it's cold.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't do that. You guys, don't do that.
Speaker 2: It's not great.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna burn it down.
Speaker 2: Just fired up today.
Speaker 3: I got fired up about butter.
Speaker 2: Just now coming up.
Speaker 1: Our bank proudly sponsors the Sandy Show. Make the switch effortlessly my visiting www dot r dot bank, nimber fdi c.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's Sandy.
Speaker 1: We're taking the week off, but we're not gonna leave you high and dry.
Speaker 2: We hope you enjoy this.
Speaker 1: From earlier this year, Triia's got the story we love in just a moment.
Speaker 2: What's it about?
Speaker 3: I have a story about an idiot. An idiot.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of those out there.
Speaker 4: An idiot who calls himself Quody Fingers a dared devil.
Speaker 1: All right, that's a moment away, Tricia. Today you might want to know it's Nationville Solitaire day.
Speaker 4: I would like the card game or to be alone the card game, okay, because I was gonna go yay for either.
Speaker 2: Solitary is to be alone Solitaire?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: Is the game right? Uh?
Speaker 1: Nothing says I'm bored and lonely like Solitaire and.
Speaker 4: Can't think of anything else to play with the deck of cards. Now you're not You're not lame. If you're playing solitary on your phone.
Speaker 1: You're at home in your kitchen table, spreading the cards out playing.
Speaker 3: You literally are bored to deat a lot.
Speaker 2: You can find a hobby.
Speaker 6: These stories we low So a daredevil ps idiot risked his life and arrest when he walked a tight rope suspended between a pair of graffiti covered skycrape skyscrapers in downtown Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: They're abandoned skycrape scrapers.
Speaker 4: They're called graffiti hours because people have just been grafeiting them for years. Apply named aptly named Ben Schneider, is this guy's name. He goes by reckless Ben. I hate to even give this guy any attention, but this is so yeah, so what he did, it's illegal to do what he did. But he had a group of friends stand in front of this building holding up signs that say we love Jesus in order to block the police's view of him sneaking into the buildings. Okay, He then goes ups. I think he said they used a drone to attach the tightrope from one building to the other. He did actually put a safety harness around his waist onto the tightwalk and then walked forty nine stories over the street below across between the two buildings.
Speaker 2: Did he have the big pole, you know, the balance?
Speaker 3: Nothing?
Speaker 4: And there was a believe a drone videoing him. He got almost spell a couple of times. Ridiculous. So then by the time the police figure out what he's done, he made it across I mean great, and the police start rating the building trying to arrest this guy. He had a hid underneath a giant piece of plywood in a bathtub.
Speaker 3: The police couldn't find it.
Speaker 4: The police stop looking for me, comes outside trying to get away, but sees a news crew and stops and does this.
Speaker 5: So the police are definitely after me, which is why it's very risky for me to be doing this interview. There's a police officer right there. If that police officer turns his head and looks at me, I'm in jail. So it's like, I don't know, I got a But with great risk comes great rewards. It was very scary. I was looking down because like when you get scared, you start to shake, and then when you shake the line shakes, then you fall off, and then I didn't want to fall, so have to calm your mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, reckless Ben, by the way, doing this for clicks. You're just doing it for views. I mean could have died.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and caused a big problem. Go to jail.
Speaker 1: The old tightrope walker you know the famous family who is the tightrope walker flying the.
Speaker 2: Flying Wilendas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they don't fly across the typripe, right, that would be a response.
Speaker 1: No, they're they're the world's best typer. They've lost some family members, I know, I know, to the falls. But talk about it. Remember last week we were talking about what your family thing. Summer, Yeah, summer campers, golfers were tracks, the evils, weird thing, weird, weird family thing, that's for sure. That is the story we love. Find us on Instagram at the Sandy Show Official. We are taking the week off, but hopefully you'll enjoy this from earlier this year. I'm still laughing about Tricia declaring herself as the family Feud superhero.
Speaker 3: I cannot stand injustice of any kind.
Speaker 1: I asked that she just wants can we play the game without her filing a protest a disagreement, calling it a bad question, just questioning anytime she loses, and she said, I stand for justice. I'm the family fe'd superhero. Well, right now you're going to be mister Steve Harvey because you're gonna ask me the questions. Is we play round one of the fuse?
Speaker 3: All right, Santy, here we go.
Speaker 4: Question number one, Name a place where people watch the clock.
Speaker 2: Work work right?
Speaker 4: Question number two, name something people wear that has a company logo on it?
Speaker 2: A hat? Is that like what I guess? I get?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: Question number three, name a game that would be inappropriate at a company party?
Speaker 2: Strip poker?
Speaker 3: I knew years would be something to do with nakedness.
Speaker 4: Question number four, name something at your holiday party that could lead you to embarrass yourself.
Speaker 2: Alcohol.
Speaker 4: All right, Final question, name a job you wouldn't want to have if you worked at the circus.
Speaker 3: You would not want to have if you worked at the sorry.
Speaker 2: Poop scooper, poop, scooper. I don't even know if that's what it's got to be a job. At this time.
Speaker 3: I feel like I feel like that's like it is a job. Place a job would be. Is it a zoo or a circus?
Speaker 1: It is a job because I remember the guys following the parade when the circus came to town. They'd go through the city and the elephants were walking, they'd poop and so on.
Speaker 3: Scoop, poop, scoop, poop scoop. All right, how are you feeling?
Speaker 2: I feel pretty good today. Here right, let's set.
Speaker 3: Them up, gotcha, calculator, Here we go.
Speaker 4: First question was name a place where people watch the clock? You said work, Yeah, I did. Number one answer, of course, it was fifty seven points.
Speaker 2: About that, huh.
Speaker 4: The number five answer was airport, followed by doctor's office, place of worship, school work number one.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: Question number two was name something people wear that has a company.
Speaker 3: Logo on it. You said, hat yeah. Number two answer sandy thirty eight points.
Speaker 2: Not bad, pretty good.
Speaker 4: The number five answer was a badge you form a jacket, and the number one answer was a shirt.
Speaker 2: I've got sixty five points total.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: Question number three, name a game that would be inappropriate at a company party.
Speaker 3: You said, strip poker.
Speaker 4: Number two answers quarters thirty two points. The number five answer was beer pong, truth or dare Twister, and the number one answer was spin the bottle. Oh he s Then you got to go in the closet and you gotta kiss somebody.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, boy, Quarters didn't make it.
Speaker 3: Huh No, I think, I think Quarters.
Speaker 2: I think got beat out at beer pong beer pong.
Speaker 4: Question number four, Name something at your holiday party that could lead you to embarrass yourself. You said, would you say licker liquor? I'm gonna put that under open bar.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 4: Number one answer forty five. The number five answer was free food. I guess, eat too much, missiletoe, kissing people you shouldn't be kissing at work, karaoke, and the dance floor.
Speaker 1: I'm one hundred and forty two points. At the dance floor gets you in trouble.
Speaker 4: The open bar, dance floor combo, it might get fired.
Speaker 2: That's your recipe for getting fired disaster.
Speaker 3: Final question.
Speaker 4: Maybe if there's a pole somewhere that gets you in trouble, don't it to be a pole like holding up the ceiling. Yeah, you've had an open bar, you've been dancing.
Speaker 3: You migrate to the pole. It's over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're done, you're done.
Speaker 4: Final question. Name a job you wouldn't want to have if you worked at the circus. You said, pooper Scooper. I'm gonna put that under janitor.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Number one answer fifty five points all right. The number five answer was elephant trainer, wouldn't hate that tight rope walker. That's where we just talked about one human cannonball, Lion tamer.
Speaker 1: You can't do anything else. You're the human cannonball. You cannot do. All you gotta do is stuff yourself in there.
Speaker 2: And you're done, all right, real tight. One hundred and ninety seven points.
Speaker 3: One ninety seven Tricia beat it.
Speaker 1: I don't know, maybe she's been on a hot street. We'll find out. Round two of the few it is coming up on Austin' daty station. What O three point one and stream on the iHeartRadio app. She needs to beat one hundred and ninety seven points to win today's round of the feud. Let's not dilly dally, let's not fiddle around. Let's play the feud. First question, name something that might come out of your nose when you laugh.
Speaker 4: Eh, milk, milk.
Speaker 1: If there were a gourmet cafe for dogs, what coffee flavor would be on the menu.
Speaker 3: Ooh, what coffee flavor? Bone? Flavored? Coffee bone? That's your answer. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Question number three, name a smell people hate?
Speaker 3: Oh? Farts? What?
Speaker 2: Don tell me.
Speaker 3: Somebody loves part?
Speaker 1: Question number four, name a heavy animal a china shop owner wouldn't want in their store?
Speaker 3: A ball?
Speaker 2: That was it?
Speaker 3: Lay up right?
Speaker 2: Okay, there you go.
Speaker 1: Last question, name of reason someone's voice might sound funny? Uh?
Speaker 3: Helium?
Speaker 4: Alright, let's see I had broad answers.
Speaker 2: I don't know. See how you do? All right?
Speaker 1: Your first question was named something that might come out of your nose when you laugh.
Speaker 2: Oh, my page just missed up.
Speaker 3: Hang on, Oh no, don't.
Speaker 2: This is right. We're good. We're good.
Speaker 6: We're good.
Speaker 3: We're good.
Speaker 2: We're good. We're good. We're good. Tricia, you said milk.
Speaker 1: It's the number two answer ah, thirty two points okay. Other answers given were breath, soda, water, and the number one answer was not.
Speaker 3: I almost said snot, but not when you laugh? Okay. How many points would I've gotten if I'd said snot?
Speaker 2: Forty eight?
Speaker 1: Next question, if there were a gourmet cafe for dogs, what coffee flavor would be on the menu? Tricia said bone that will fall under the category of milk bone. Correct, That will get you twenty five points.
Speaker 2: It's number two. Okay.
Speaker 1: Other answers given we're cat, chicken, bacon, and the number one beef.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Next question, how many points do you have?
Speaker 3: Fifty seven? Five to seven.
Speaker 2: Next question was name a smell people hate.
Speaker 1: Tricia went with the dreaded fart.
Speaker 3: It's not on the list.
Speaker 2: I don't write them, I just read them. Not on the list.
Speaker 1: Number five was garlic number four, onion, ammonia number three, rotten eggs number.
Speaker 2: Two, they old skunk, skunk number thirty seven, got.
Speaker 3: Your thirty seven of those.
Speaker 1: Next one is a layup. You don't like the smell. You like the smell of rotten eggs.
Speaker 3: In other than rotten eggs, not matter.
Speaker 1: Any of those smell name a heavy animal a China shop owner wouldn't want in their store. Tristia said, a bull. That's number one forty seven. Only seven other answers given a giraffe, a lion, a bear, and an elephant.
Speaker 2: All right, and finally, like a.
Speaker 3: Giraffe in a China shop just doesn't sound r It.
Speaker 2: Doesn't done right. How many do you have.
Speaker 3: One hundred and four? How many did you need?
Speaker 5: It?
Speaker 4: A ninety three to tie any ninety four points ninety four helium, I need ninety four.
Speaker 1: Name a reason someone might someone's voice might sound funny. Trisha went with the helium. It's the number two eleven points eleven.
Speaker 2: No victory for you.
Speaker 1: Other answers given, they just woke up, they have an accent, they're drunk. Helium, which you gave number one was illness. Illness will make your voice sound fun matter.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to lodge a complaint.
Speaker 2: Thank you today, Thank you. I appreciate it. Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Protest, thank you very much. It makes it all the better for me today. I am the victor.
Speaker 3: Helium farts, Come on, people, stay with us.
Speaker 1: We've got more coming up on one o three point one Austin's eighty station. Hey, it's Sandy and Tricia and we are taking the week off. We hope you enjoy this segment from earlier this year. All right, are things changing? Is culture changing? Are we getting away from being so sensitive and so cuddly of people and so? You know, are we getting back to realizing that life is full of lumps?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: I mean, I hope so, but I don't think it's happening.
Speaker 1: Well, there is a great list, and I hate doing list, but this is pretty good of advice, common advice. We just need to stop stop following this advice, all right. Number one on the list, in no particular order, go to bed angry.
Speaker 3: I've never followed that advice ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me either, if you're.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what does it say is because it's the ideas don't argue when you're mad or tired?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's okay to go to bed angry. Yeah, it's all right. You'll wake up maybe more refreshed.
Speaker 3: I've never understood why that's such a big thing.
Speaker 4: Have a fight, leave each other alone, go to bed, sleep on it, figure it out.
Speaker 1: The next step stop talking, stop talking? Yes, another one we need to stop common advice. We need to stop following never give up.
Speaker 2: Listen. That sounds great, it sounds brave, it sounds heroic. But sometimes if something isn't working, yeah, you need the let it go.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, at some point you're being foolish.
Speaker 4: Right, there's a fine line between being persistent and believing in something right, and then you're just an idiot.
Speaker 1: If you're five foot four, you need to give up on your dream of playing in the NBA.
Speaker 4: Oh, I mean, but it used to relationships. If it's not working, it's not working.
Speaker 3: Let it go.
Speaker 4: If it applies to you like business, yeah, a bit.
Speaker 1: If you're losing money over and over, like like your the lotto business.
Speaker 2: No, it's not like you're losing money.
Speaker 3: Your motto is the one thing you should never give up on.
Speaker 1: Here's one that I have never agreed with. It says, when there's a bully, just ignore them.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 3: Made that up?
Speaker 4: Were the teachers in school who are trying to wait fights and stuff like that?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, you know what I'm gonna say about a bully. Yeah, you punch them in the nose. Well, you you dot their eye, and then if you take a whip and you take a whipping, but at least the bully knows that you're not You're not gonna get run over.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: What my experience in a few times i've had to face a bully is you push back the least little bit, you turn around and bow up on him the least little bit. They're like, oh, this person's not going to take it. Unfortunately, they'll pick somebody else. But you don't ignore them and let them continually do that to you.
Speaker 2: Not afraid.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying fighting, I'm not saying it's a fight to push back, but yeah, I've never liked that.
Speaker 3: Ignore them.
Speaker 4: And what we tell our daughter is is you better not start the fight, but better finish it.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, Yeah. Another more advice that we should stop following. Don't be afraid to do what you love and the money will follow. It can be true, can be can be true. You can also not be true, and you could go down and get yourself in a big, big hole. At some point you got to realize, I gotta do what I don't love to.
Speaker 3: Do what I love, and that facilitates the other sometimes.
Speaker 1: And that's what discipline is, is doing what you don't love, but doing it well, right, but you do it in.
Speaker 3: Order to be able to do what you do.
Speaker 2: Love.
Speaker 3: It's great.
Speaker 4: If what you love makes you all your money, that's great.
Speaker 3: It doesn't always happen that way.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Tough it out is another one.
Speaker 4: That kind of I kind of something you don't necessarily want to get through enough forever.
Speaker 2: But this is the one that I disagreed with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you need to touch some stuff, you need maybe take a break from it, but you need.
Speaker 3: To tough it out right.
Speaker 1: Uh, forgive and forget. I say forgive, give.
Speaker 4: Don't forget, but I'll always remember it's out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, treat people how you want to be treated. Yeah, you can get taken advantage of I'm serious, you really can, but.
Speaker 3: You treat people kindly.
Speaker 2: I'll treat people the way they treat me until.
Speaker 4: They stopped doing it back to you, and then you, you know what, you don't have to have anything. I tell my daughter, there how many seven eight billion people on this planet. Somebody's mean to you, don't waste your time with them. Go find somebody who's not.
Speaker 2: Mean to you.
Speaker 1: I was talking to a friend of mine the other day that, uh, the person he worked with he goes he stopped listening to me.
Speaker 2: I said, well stop talking. Yeah that last one. Trust your gut.
Speaker 3: Yes, you disagree with this one.
Speaker 2: I do this. There's two on this list. I agree.
Speaker 1: You need to listen to your gut. The inside voice knows what it's talking about. It's been proven in science. I mean right, it knows.
Speaker 4: We disagree with the fact that they're saying that this is one of the common pieces of advice that we should stop following. We think you should continue to trust your get I think it's very powerful.
Speaker 1: It's the Sandy Show courtesy of our bank, or how simple it is to switch at www dot r dot bank.
Speaker 2: Remember FDI See.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's Sandy and Tricia and we are taking the week off. We hope you enjoy this segment from earlier this year, Tricia says Elvis's home, Graceland, is in financial trouble, so tell you about it in the story. We love it in just a moment. Hey, don't make don't want to make you feel old, but I just read something that I couldn't believe. You know that it's been They just crowned a new winter in American idol and no one cares. No one cares, But it twenty years since Carrie Underwood won.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's been twenty years. Twenty years is insane.
Speaker 2: I know. I mean I just twenty years. Yeah, I was. I'm still hoping for Fantasia Burno.
Speaker 4: Some things're fine, all right. So I saw a headline that said Graceland going into foreclosure and up for auction on Thursday. PS that's tomorrow, and I was like, what is going on? Riley Keo, Lisa Marie, Presley's daughter who inherited Graceland after Lisa Marie died, is suing to stop the foreclosure sale of Graceland the mansion.
Speaker 2: How it paid for? I know.
Speaker 4: Listen, attorneys representing KEYO say a temporary restraining order has been issued for the auction. What's your scheduled to be held tomorrow? Keyo inherited it, Like I said. What the people are saying is that Lisa Marie, when she was alive, took out a three point eight million dollar loan and used Graceland as collateral to pay for what. We don't know it's based. This is the claim of a Missouri based investment and lending company. KEYO is claiming that the lawsuit that it's fraud. She said the paperwork that they showed her is not her mother's signature. One then they contacted the notary who supposedly notarized Lisa Marie's signature on the paperwork. The notary said, I've never met Lisa Marie Presley, ever, I did not notarize her signature. So Keio is claiming this is completely fraudulent. A loan was never taken out, and that's why there's been a temporary restraining order on the auction. I don't know who Sue's who with this to stop it's going to stop the auction foreclosure at this.
Speaker 1: Time, I'm gonna go I'm going to lean on the side that this is some sort of flim flam, right, because I gotta believe that Lisa Marie, if she ever needed a loan, had enough assets that she wouldn't use grace.
Speaker 3: I mean I would think so. I would think so.
Speaker 4: And nobody else in the family claims that they ever knew about the loan. And they're also saying this Missouri based investment company, this lending company, is actually not even a real company. She is saying it's one hundred percent fraud. So I'm very interested to see where this goes.
Speaker 1: It sounds like fraud to me. Yeah's you're in a lot of trouble if that is. I mean, I have a mortgage license, so I know a little bit about this stuff. And you would need to file a suspicious activity report right now.
Speaker 2: There we go. You'd have to get with your compliance officer.
Speaker 1: And then talk to oh, yeah, you know, I'm trying to think what you're in violation of a lot of things.
Speaker 2: Lots a lot of things.
Speaker 4: Liar liar pants on fire clause comes into a fat laud fraud.
Speaker 1: Fraud for profit, that is what it would be. Hey, friends, that's it for today. Make sure that you'd like and subscribe and follow this podcast. Also follow us on Instagram at the Sandy Show Official Facebook is at the Sandy Show Radio.
Speaker 2: Have a great day.